Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios. Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Radio.
Speaker 3: News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report. Your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Stenevek, along with Lisa Mateo. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We are joined by Bloomberg News Senior Equities Reporter, Bailey Lipschultz.
Speaker 1: Hey, Bailey. What's going on, Tim? Not much, just JT.
Speaker 3: We're having fun. It's like, you know, it's an NVIDIA kind of trade. It's a tech trade. A lot of cloud or software as a service companies, I should say, moving today. We're thinking about Jackson Hole tomorrow. What about you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all things NVIDIA. Yeah, okay, let's go there. Ticker NVDA up 8.7%. Okay, so best day since April. The thing that blows my mind, if I round up ever so slightly, the company added a Palantir to its market cap today.
Speaker 3: I love that you went there.
Speaker 1: One day, $ 445 billion in market cap added. mind-blowing, because they projected sales growth for next fiscal year of 70%. So we're already talking about massive numbers. The average annual assessments were for 45%. So it's just kind of mind-numbing to look at a company that added $ 440 billion in market cap is back around $ 5. 5 trillion in market cap, crushing expectations. And it just kind of is difficult for the sell side to really model what the future could look like. And that's, again, we're talking about, yes, there are AI risks. Yes, this is a company that's very much financing companies that it's investing in, its own partners. So circular financing concerns. But that aside, if you look at today's print, it really did seem to kind of cast a shadow, a bit of a shadow on this uncertainty that were in the midst of a bubble.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm using our Ask B Bloomberg AI right now. And what I asked it to do was to give me a list of market cap of components of the S & P 500, Bailey, because you said this is an entire Palantir. So I was like, how many stocks are actually bigger than the market cap that NVIDIA added today? You only have to go down 26 places. Well, actually even fewer than that.
Speaker 1: Does that even count double alphabet probably?
Speaker 3: Probably. I don't even know if it covers double alphabet. But like Costco, $ 414 billion. Lamb Research, $ 400 billion. That's like, you know, 475 stocks in the S & P 500 basically are smaller than the amount of money that NVIDIA added today.
Speaker 1: And you look at it using the MOV function on the terminal. NVIDIA was worth 52 points on the S & P 500. Wow. That's just crazy. Amazon was down one and a half percent. That's four. That's like less than 10% to the downside on Amazon. Just mind numbing. You got to teach me how you did that later.
Speaker 3: Okay. Listen, ask B. It is like the AI worth having. It's in the terminal. Ask B and you just talk to it. And sometimes I talk to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure you do.
Speaker 3: We're talking to Bailey Lipschultz and he's also looking at Autodesk. What's going on with Autodesk?
Speaker 1: Autodesk ticker ADSK right now down almost 7% post-market. This came after adjusted EPS for the third quarter. Missed expectations, really kind of digging into some of these numbers. Some good and a lot that's not too great. Overall, full year forecast, revenue forecast beating expectations, but it does seem like it's going to be a choppy second half. Just got to keep in mind, though, this is a company that closed at the highest level since January. We've seen the entire ecosystem really rallying from those June bottoms. So headline, not great when your third quarter forecasts are weaker than what Wall Street was looking for. But this does seem like we're kind of working through maybe the dog days of summer with some of these late reporters.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: You also have Wendy's not doing well. It's not because of the Baconator. I'll tell you that much. I've never tried it just to put it out there. But yeah, there's some big news behind Wendy's. Wendy's.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wendy's or Workday. Workday 2. Oh, Workday 2. I mean, I can riff on Wendy's. I don't actually know what's going on.
Speaker 3: Lisa's just particular because she chose Wendy's as one of her movers today. I didn't get to talk about it.
Speaker 1: We can talk about not trying to pursue a bid or Workday, which is rumored to potentially be a target for Silver Lake. So there's similarities there.
Speaker 2: Yes, beautiful. Do it, Bailey.
Speaker 1: Workday took a WDAY down almost 8%. Lukewarm results is what Brody Ford is calling it. Subscription revenue backlog below what Wall Street was looking for. And again, this is a kind of market where we're seeing pockets of software rallying. So opposite of a cyber.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you mentioned the Silver Lake News from at this point a few weeks ago, a few months ago. I don't even know. That was like a blessing to Workday. That's what Brody described to us a little earlier today ahead of these numbers. But many people were like, wait a second, are we going to see a report like we got from Salesforce yesterday for Workday? Not necessarily seeing that today.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street. And for the latest market-moving headlines, listen to Bloomberg Radio live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg.com, and on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.