Speaker 1: Coming up with a get Live podcast special guest one.
Speaker 2: But Zoe also, is it really time for Colorado to retire the jerseys of Shadur and Travis?
Speaker 3: What is too early? Jinks?
Speaker 1: Oh, we're gonna have that discussion.
Speaker 2: And how about some feisty uniform talking muster muster.
Speaker 3: I want to be.
Speaker 1: How you doing, guys?
Speaker 2: It is to get loved podcasts anybody see geek this summer Seageek has your ticket to the best live concerts in the d MB at Northwest Stadium. See Geek, the official primary ticketing partner of Northwest Stadium. I'm Jinks, that's my guy, Fred's excuse the dumbest.
Speaker 4: That's what I go by this time of the year because dress that time, this is to day that guy's life change, guy's family life change. Some guys are crying tiers of joy that tastes totally different than tiers of pain because somebody didn't get drafted a certain place. Somebody didn't get drafted a certain place. So it's a very emotional weekend. So is a guy that personally been there and done that. It's put like this JINX right now, I don't care if you're going one, two, three, four, two hundred and thirty six.
Speaker 3: Pulling your hair out. You're just nervous, and you're nervous.
Speaker 4: Because not only are you about to go to the NFL, but you're finna have to take on a city you don't know. Like you're more excited to see what city it is. The only guys that be disappointed is guy to be like a Green Bay. You're like, oh, okay, no, I don't want to live there, but yeah, what city are you being part of?
Speaker 3: Think about it?
Speaker 4: When I got drafted in oh one, I'm still living here. This has became home. That's how deep it becomes.
Speaker 3: Jinks. So you know, it changes guy's life.
Speaker 2: So how was it for you? How were you emotionally once you got drafted.
Speaker 4: I was pain because I failed twenty spots in the draft. So as I sit there and watch names get called one after another.
Speaker 3: I'm just shaking my head.
Speaker 4: And I remember they put the mic into my face because the news was there in Mississippi.
Speaker 3: They like how you feel about it? Draft? I had my mommy and one of them, my grandmomy and.
Speaker 4: The other man, and I was like, you know what, I'm just happy I got drafted to Washington I'm not worried about what happened because I flowed to the top and that's all I worried about. So I had already, but it was a fire there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I came into training camp all business. I bet you were. Yeah, I was. I was just all business.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: I was really like tuned in. I was. It was everything that I needed. I hate to say this.
Speaker 4: If Fred Smooth goes awhere, he's supposed to go in the top fifteen, I'm probably not happy.
Speaker 3: Like I am today. Why do you think that this because I probably.
Speaker 4: Went to an environment that wasn't gonna be good for me at the time. Like this was the perfect environment for me, and it also gave me a post career home to live in. So I just felt like everything happened for a reason, and that's why I still live here today.
Speaker 3: I've played at another place, I played it.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, you've tested the waters elsewhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I came back here, so they showed the connection that I had here.
Speaker 3: So every city ain't for everybody.
Speaker 4: Every team ain't for everybody, every coach ain't for everybody. This is home and it's still home.
Speaker 3: All We're gonna be home Yeah, gonna be home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're right, there's gonna be some disappointments, there's gonna be some surprises. It's gonna be lots of tears, like you were talking about coming up in the NFL draft in Green Bay.
Speaker 1: Let's go through the top ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want the smooth Stradamus picks here, all right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Number one, I mean we know it's it's cam.
Speaker 3: Ward, right, that's not hard. Yeah, it's like, let's not do this, let's not overthink it.
Speaker 4: Now most people say, are they overdrafting him?
Speaker 3: But when it comes to quarterback, ain't.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: Is it the such thing as overdrafted. The positional need is to dry. All right, So if you seem like you got a guy.
Speaker 3: You got to go get the guy. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think they gave up on Will Levis aka the Mayonnaise Man.
Speaker 3: I think they have giving up on him. And I think cam Ward.
Speaker 4: Has the ability to play when the play breaks down. Yeah, and I think that's what incited him about him.
Speaker 3: So I think no brainer. Number one.
Speaker 2: Adam Schefter, I think had a post on X where he said, if Kim Ward were going in last year's draft, he would have been the seventh best quarterback.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Like out of that group we've just seen. Yeah, And that's why I think people are so low on this on this draft when it comes to quarterbacks because crazy, not because they're not good. They just came behind what I keep telling you is the best quarterback draft of all.
Speaker 1: Times early on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but no, I returns of there.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. They both Knicks proved to be good. Michael Pennix. We didn't even get to see JJ McCarthy, Specer Rattler played some good football last year, like they were beyond deep at the quarterback position.
Speaker 2: Number two Browns, it's Travis Hunter, right, The Brown's gone Brown.
Speaker 3: Do you not think Cleveland they already got Miles Gary.
Speaker 4: They just pay him some dust Yep, they're saying to theyself, what if we got him in.
Speaker 3: Up dual card of book ends? You know how they think.
Speaker 4: Instead of thinking about, how about we add a receiver with Jared Judy and a conner with Denzel Award. Now I'm going to say the Brown's gonna do the right thing. I'm gonna say they're gonna draft Travis Hunt.
Speaker 3: They should, But you think they go draft a due card?
Speaker 1: No, No, I think it's gonna be Travis Hunter. Yeah, I think Trevor Hunter. You listen to their gym.
Speaker 2: I think they want Travis Hunter, and frankly, they need something they can sell.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think he's the right pick.
Speaker 2: Yes, but if your Brown fans look, it's over a quarterback, right, yeah, So why not get a guy who I think is exciting. They can say Jersey easy, easy, and you get a hell of a player.
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I think I go Travis Hunter with the number two pick, so that automatically puts.
Speaker 3: Which I don't want this to happen.
Speaker 4: Abdua Carter in New York with Triba Dough with sexy Dixie Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, that defense.
Speaker 4: Will be yes, solidy, it will be very salty.
Speaker 3: If the Giants take up d a call with number three pick.
Speaker 1: I think that's probably where they're gonna go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, possibility they take Shador and I know they've interviewed Sture, but I think they got that door.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think they go their way. Now they leave the Patriots at four. They have to go offensive line. You just got Drake May that's your franchise guy. Now you got to protect your franchise guy.
Speaker 3: We went did it with Larry mc thompson. They gonna go do it with LSU's Will Campbell. I think they.
Speaker 1: Thomas right, Thomas Will Campbell.
Speaker 3: What's his name? Wi Will Campbell sry. I think they do it Will Campbell.
Speaker 4: Some people think his arms not long enough, but most definitely got the best feet in the draft.
Speaker 3: Files his offensive line.
Speaker 4: If you're right there, if you're New England, you have to go protection.
Speaker 3: You gotta go Will camp.
Speaker 2: When you hear that, because that's the one knock on Will Campbell right. Oh, his arm, he doesn't have the arm length. Is that overplayed?
Speaker 3: No, it's not. It's not like he go to thing about officsive live.
Speaker 4: If they had what we call kangaroo arms, all right, short arms, they can't make that defensive end. Run the hump right now, when you run the hump, that's forcing him to run wider than he usually was.
Speaker 3: If you have short arms, now that's closed.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Now I'm gonna foot closer to the quarterback because you don't have long arms. That will force most tackles to move to guard once they make it to.
Speaker 1: The league point Jackson five, right, Jackson five?
Speaker 3: What are they gonna do. Now.
Speaker 4: This is the one that I was like, they got in ten, so they don't need to go running back, so they don't need to go genty.
Speaker 3: To me, a lot of people might disagree to me.
Speaker 4: Travis Hunter is the number one wide receiving his draft, but he the number two corner in this draft.
Speaker 3: You Will Johnson. Will Johnson is the truth. If I have never seen the truth.
Speaker 4: He can flat out play They're like hell, but we ain't seen him playing the up zone.
Speaker 3: I don't want to hear all that.
Speaker 4: This guy makes big plays in big games and he been doing it since he got to college. If you the Jacksonville Jaguars, you got running back, you got quarterback, you got wide received go get your shut down corner, and I think that's what they getting Will Johnson right there at five.
Speaker 1: What about Mason Graham?
Speaker 4: You know what, I being Mason Graham, and I think that'll be a great fit right there a Mason. But how much can you think Mason Graham is gonna change a game? Do you think Mason Graham puts them ahead of the coachs? Do you think Mason Graham put them ahead up of the type Like do you think how much does he add.
Speaker 3: To this team.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think you're right in that a corner, a shutdown corner, can affect the game more.
Speaker 1: It's just that the Jack's defensive line has been.
Speaker 3: Bad for a long time.
Speaker 4: They got past rushers, they got Edges, right, they got Tyson Campbell at the cornerback position. You match him up with Will Johnson. Now you got to tandem. That allows their defensive line more time to get to the quarterback. So I'm just saying I would go corner there. Most people go detail. I understand whichever one wins six the Raiders as Yes, I'm just saying, you got Geno. We know, we know how coach is Pete Carroll? Like, this is what I love about Pete carry I gotta say this. He is a Hobbay hater. Every time Hogba make a move, Pete Carroll come right behind it.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: They was at s C and Hogball was at Stamford. Hated on him, beat him. How I came to the lead, Pete.
Speaker 3: Carroll came to the lead, beat him, went to the same division as him. No listen to me.
Speaker 4: Howba went to the forty nine ers, Pete Carroll went to Seattle beat him. I a hogball comes back, ready to beat him one more time. Come to the Chargers. Pete Carroll say, who got a job open in the AFC West.
Speaker 3: The Rain Division? They raised their head.
Speaker 4: Pete Carroll say, I'm back. Pete Carroll forever hates on Hobba. Howboy want to be great? Not on Pete Carroll's watch. I'm going to go Ashton Genty to the Raiders.
Speaker 1: I think I think that's a I mean, you can't pass him up.
Speaker 2: I think he's he's definitely I know that he gets a lot of Saquon sort of comparisons.
Speaker 3: I think he's aving Kamara.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think is just one of one, yeah, one on one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's definitely a special.
Speaker 3: No, I think he's a special player.
Speaker 4: And I know Pete Carell loves to run the ball, like yeah, similar play defense, run the ball.
Speaker 3: That's what Pete care I want to do. Continue yoha ba.
Speaker 1: Hate at seven? The New York Jets. What are the Jets gonna do? They're gonna go with the big tackle out of Missouri.
Speaker 3: No, that's why I said they're goo Mason Graham's team. Oh okay, right, put him beside big Quinn Williams. You got a rotation now?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, all right, Now, if you don't want to go him, you can go mibu miabo.
Speaker 1: Are mumbo mambo.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, go tackle, go Offenser, tackle a dtackle. You won't lose with the Jets.
Speaker 1: Right now because they just need helping the trenches.
Speaker 3: They need to help everywhere.
Speaker 4: They need nine one one services, They need help into New York Jets.
Speaker 3: Now, they had a great draft.
Speaker 4: What was that three four years ago when they got what Gary Wilson, Sauce Saws and they got Jamaine Johnson.
Speaker 3: So three first rounders in that one. So I would I would go tackle, Okay, I would go offensive tackle in that one.
Speaker 2: At eight, we have the Carolina Panthers. What the Panthers gonna do?
Speaker 4: The Panthers, this has been a hard one right here. They reinforced their offensive line. I think they take the wide receiver from Arizona. Yeah, McMillan.
Speaker 3: I think they take McMillian because I don't feel like they got a true number one wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that's true.
Speaker 4: So I think right if I was deal, I would take tight end. Okay, all right, that's where I go.
Speaker 2: They Jon Sanders out of Texas. Who was the guy that think they got last year?
Speaker 1: Who's really good?
Speaker 3: Not Tyler Warren.
Speaker 1: Well, Tyler Warren is different.
Speaker 4: I would take if I was the Carolina Pounds, I would take Tyler one with this pick.
Speaker 3: I think they go tech Nick Milling. Okay, but I would take one. I would take one. Take one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at nine, is this where Shad goes to the Saints.
Speaker 1: I think he's got to go top ten, right.
Speaker 3: I don't think he has to. I think this.
Speaker 4: The best quarterbacks usually go anywhere from ten to like thirty one. Okay, we haven't had a number one pick the quarterback in the playoffs in the last ten years besides Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh, think about the.
Speaker 4: Lamar Jacksons of the world, all right, When in the back of the first round, think about Drew Brees. When the first pick of the second round, when you go later, you go to a better team in a better situation. I don't think sharduer is the type of player because this is what I call shoulder Shaduur is Drew Brees with a gold chain. They have everybody talked about the same thing. Not the strong is on They're not the tallest quarterbacks. They're not the fastest, but mentally they can manipulate the defense. They know where to get the ball out to, they can manipulate the pocket. They don't throw over the offensive line, they throw in between the offensive line. Same guid to me, I would love to see him go to either Pittsburgh or somewhere like that.
Speaker 1: Pittsburgh would love to have him, know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And now you've got a whole franchise around you, your defense, you got a running game off everything set up for you to win. But you're right, he probably gonna end up in New Orleans and they ain't cap Hill all right. Uh, they do have a running back, they got chrys Olave, a wide receiver. Old line probably needs a little tuning up. But this is probably where he lands at.
Speaker 3: Now. Is it the best spot? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Chain I say it's got a lot of work to do as an organization.
Speaker 4: I just don't think that's where the sinks think that's where they I don't think that's where he lands at.
Speaker 3: I don't. I do think this way he lands I don't want him.
Speaker 2: To, Okay, I don't got him too at ten Bears dumb bears, Kelvin Banks, Texas.
Speaker 3: It's time. They just reinforced the office a line.
Speaker 4: They just paid all that money getting another Maller and then that line is just like Supreme.
Speaker 3: You don't think Caleb gonna sit there and whistle penchdeak.
Speaker 1: But don't they have Cole Comett.
Speaker 4: Don't know addition had Barby Brown they did. That's all I'm telling you is, listen, I think at this spot, if you Chicago, I go, I run it up there and get Tyler warn Yeah. Now I got two whips at tight end. Now I got I got two number one receivers with d J Moore, rond of Doomsey, I got guys right, and you know, being Johnson, he just had the porter in Detroit.
Speaker 3: They're going title war. I mean to be a hell of a peck. I'm gonna say, I feel like they're going tile war before we get to our voicemails.
Speaker 2: And also we should mention we have Lorenzo Alexander coming up on the show, Gang coming up on the shows. That's gonna be awesome. We were talking about Shadoor, so of course Anna Proud Buffalow Colorado Buffalo by Proud Buffalo. The debate on Travis Hunder and Shadeur getting their jerseys retired. To me, Travis Hunder is a no brainer, all right, generation run the Heisman. He won the Heightsman Trophy out to an automatic.
Speaker 3: But you don't think you should let the school semester in before you do it? Like, like, what is the case?
Speaker 1: What did Shadeur Sanders do?
Speaker 2: I don't everybody says he helped revitalize Colorado football? Colorado football won a Natty in nineteen ninety. Colorado football has had all Americans whose jerseys have not been retired for the Steward Cordell Steuw was a second team All America at quarterback.
Speaker 3: What did you just do? Hasn't had in jersey?
Speaker 4: Retire Rashaan Salom Like these guys, these guys that been there and done that. Michael Westbrook who I played with, Yes, favors all of these guys, Deon Figures, all of these guys. You don't let the semester end and you Retireed Jinks. They just played their last game in December.
Speaker 1: What did they win?
Speaker 3: Nothing? As many games as it did Man thirteen and twelve.
Speaker 1: Did they win a big twelve Championship. No, they got blown out in what the Alamo Bowl?
Speaker 3: What did he win? Nothing? Now, should Couz Trail won the Heisman? You have to put the higher.
Speaker 1: Travis Hunter is different.
Speaker 2: He's one of the most generational two way players of sport has ever seen. I feel like people just group them together like they're one guy. They're two different Travis Hunter. It's not even a question. Of course, Shador is different. Also, let me put it to you this wee. We're talking quarterbacks from last year. Michael Pennix Junior First Team All American?
Speaker 1: Is his jersey retired?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Jaydon Daniels won the Heisman Trophy?
Speaker 2: Is his jersey retired? Bo Knicks went what what did he go? At?
Speaker 1: Oregon twenty two and five? Won the Fiesta Bowl?
Speaker 3: Is his jersey retired?
Speaker 2: J J.
Speaker 3: McCarty won the National Jenny. Is his jersey retired?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Kayleb Williams been the first pick of the first round since he was a twelfth grader, Right, jersey not retired.
Speaker 3: First of all, it's time that you need to let it sever nate. You see what I'm saying. Yes, like you supposed to did this like ten.
Speaker 4: Years from now? Yes, bring them back, retire the jersey. Colorado was so anxious to have an athlete.
Speaker 3: They were like, they just graduate.
Speaker 4: They haven't graduated yet, but we're going to retire there. So nobody never wear two or twelve again.
Speaker 1: Shador Sanders is very good, has been a great quarterback.
Speaker 2: Okay, however, when you retire a jersey, as I was saying to Maddie, I'm like, listen, if Alabama retired every very good player, you have seen guys wearing one O four the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you never have it.
Speaker 4: Jackson State University, Swack ain't retired shit to do a jersey on Travis Jersey because guess what, we got hall of famers there, Walter Payton and monkst Up, six hall of famers went to Jackson State.
Speaker 3: They ain't in a rush to do this. So maybe because of the leck of Hall of famers that Colorado has.
Speaker 4: They was they was forced to put a portrait of the vice president did on the wall not the president the vice president?
Speaker 6: Can I just say something, yes, as a buff when you have not won in many, many years. This was a very This is a historical season.
Speaker 3: Nothing was history about it. Besides the housm right, I.
Speaker 6: Will say I'm not ors is a little confusing to me. That was a confusing retirement Travis Hunter. Like we said generational talment, Heisman winner, but what about what about the students?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 6: I get it, but it's a little different. But it's when are you going to have all the Sanders family there?
Speaker 7: Ever?
Speaker 8: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like you just goes by, We'll see.
Speaker 2: And also this is the problem too when you say, let's be honest, if his name isn't Sanders, he's not getting his jersey retire. So when people say this is the Sanders family, with all due respect, the Sanders family has nothing to do with whether or not you deserve to have your jersey retiring. What did you do on the football?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, Anna brought up winning, the fact that Colorado has went through a draft. Let's not act like I haven't been there before. You've been in national championships.
Speaker 6: Before, ten years before I was born, ten years before I was born a national champion and I don't even know. I'm might have to cut this part out. But with nil and how the college football landscape has changed, we may not sound like a pessimist and like a sad we be buff, but like we may never win a national championship again, just solely because we're not in the SEC and we don't have we don't have the Texas we don't have that Texas Fund that you guys have. All we have is the Sanders and what their family has done, so we can cry for.
Speaker 2: I just love the opinion that if you retire a jersey, you have to meet a very elite standard, and that standard should not be hey we're good again, or hey you're really good. Retiring your jersey is series. It's serious. Let's not lower the bar and say, hey, you brought us back for a couple of season.
Speaker 1: It's like now, let's like this.
Speaker 4: Vanderbilt is the whoopy cushion of their ceco. Right when it comes to football, everybody knows this j. Cutler took them to a monumental season. The Cutler, Yeah, they ain't retire his jersey to this day. Ain't the best quarterback they by far, but the best they have ever had. Colorado was just such in a rush to glorify nothing. What like, when we tell the story of the twenty twenty four season, it's gonna be Colorado did nothing like.
Speaker 3: They did nothing.
Speaker 2: Well, think about it, if you listen, if you believe, here's the thing, you can't have it both ways. If you believe that Coach Prime is going to bring in great players and he's a hell of a cut a lot of people do, then guess what. You're gonna have a lot of players, players who were this good. Yeah, and you're gonna be like, dude, another top ten pick. This guy's an All American offense. Now we're a program that is relevant again and all of a sudden, Now what are you gonna do? Are you just every person who's decent, Because if you believe in Coach Prime, then at the same time, you can't say, well, never be good again, because you're also saying Coach Prime is going to lead you to prominence. Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, we believe in him fully, that's why he we have that five year we I talked about as if I'd like a part of it, But he's signed a five year contract. He says he's gonna say if he's truly not going anywhere, then I'd like to see continuous success. But I do think this These past two seasons have been complete outliers, if not a miracle with the I mean truly, if you look where Colorado sports were headed and the last five years my time as a student, Like you never would have thought that this was what he was our only hope at a successful season. Truly, after all the coaching changes we had, like back to back coaching changes and end the transfer portal was insane. It was insanity prior to even so now that I listened.
Speaker 3: To Anna, everything happened at Colorado because of low expectations.
Speaker 8: They expectations was so low that just to win and wanted to be an academic at institution, so there was a large emphasis on academics, and athletics fell to the wayside for a bit, but they.
Speaker 4: Ain't had college work no more. College has always benefited from sports. Sports is the generator for sure.
Speaker 6: I hear you on that. I mean, I could keep this topic is very interesting.
Speaker 4: No, I understand how this is close to your heart, but but you can't agree with us to not let years go by before you start retiring jerseys.
Speaker 3: Is this thirst trapping? Y'all was thirst trapping. I'm gonna tell you what y'all did.
Speaker 4: Y'all got on Instagram as a university and just thirst trapped everything.
Speaker 6: Not not for Travis, but for Travis is totally different.
Speaker 1: Travis, I will say the timing. I've never I mean never.
Speaker 3: Seen seen in high school jinks, not even in high school.
Speaker 1: I agree, I've never seen at any level.
Speaker 3: You played the same year that your never retired.
Speaker 4: Nobody has ever ever, not Lawrence Taylor, not Barry Sanders, not nobody.
Speaker 3: This has never happened.
Speaker 4: Like, at what point did the class I mean that the school president and talk to somebody saying, you know what, we need to get this done now, we need to get it.
Speaker 3: We need to get this done in listed ninety days. But the kids haven't graduated listening ninety days. No, that doesn't happen. It supposed to be this rekindle moment.
Speaker 4: It supposed to be a moment where you and your ex teammates come back together and remember what y'all did fifteen years ago.
Speaker 2: Last time we saw stir Sentators in the Colorado uniform, they got beat by BYU and the Alamo Ball thirty six fourteen, and they just give it, just give it a pause, just give it a break.
Speaker 3: And they got his cliques brunched. Listen, listen, I don't know, but guess what in the sec we don't Award. Okay, we the word greatness, right it are you great? Are you not? It's just too many guys to compare you to.
Speaker 4: You ain't going to Texas and because you got thirteen wins, you're gonna retire your jersey and put it by Earl Campbell's.
Speaker 2: Not now Quinn yours. He's been in the college football playing two straighters. He get this jersey, will never see that ever, see that. He's not gonna be by Vince Young. He says, he's not gonna do that because at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: You ain't dead enough. You didn't bless this school.
Speaker 4: You know why they got a big old portrait of friends move because we were ranked number one in the nation. Whooping Alabama? Whooping there lest Shoe took Florida to the wood sheds. I walked in the wood shed where the gator came out, had shoes, a bell in a hat and days you have to like accomplish something I don't even think Georgia, then retire chump.
Speaker 2: That's probably how they not.
Speaker 3: I don't think. So, it's just too many, do you see what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: But but but Colorado, like yeah today, I know, I know y'all just played Friday, Samdy theo Jersey's going under wrapt up?
Speaker 3: You do you remember?
Speaker 2: And we'll get to the ads. But this is Colorado Relay because I've always like to see you a lot. And I remember everybody like, yeah, I remember when they came down to Austin.
Speaker 1: I was an intern.
Speaker 2: You remember Keith Jackson, the great Key Jackson, right call college football, and that's when Rashaan Salam, well, it was unbelievable and they came down and took it to us and it was like the third fourth game of the season.
Speaker 1: And as an intern, it's before the internet.
Speaker 9: They said, hey, you go out and you asked Keith Jackson about Rashawn Salam and trying to win a Heisman Trophy, which you did, and so you know, I'm a nervous kid, and I asked Keith Jackson.
Speaker 2: You know, Keith, you know, before you go, what do you think about Rashaan Salam's chances to win the Heisman? And he goes, I'm sold sick and tired everybody talking about the Osmond this early blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: And so the cameraman behind me wants this answer.
Speaker 2: He goes, Keith, come on, man, he lied, He goes, we came all the way down from from Dallas for this, even though we were from Austin. And he turns to the camera and he goes and he said the real word.
Speaker 1: He goes, eh, Dallas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just and we were like, oh, yep, interviews over Christmas guess what see you what on and a rolled us.
Speaker 3: I mean they were also no listens. They've had glory years.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm like, and maybe Anna because she's so poort of the youth, she can't see through those glory years.
Speaker 3: Leanses, this is her glory years.
Speaker 6: Yes, these are my glory years, and I love it. I'm literally graduated the year before Dion came in, so it's fresh. It's a fresh wound. How bad we were, and that impacted my college experience. You know what. People used to go to the games just to see the buffalo run around the field, not to see the talent, not to see any advice. And truly, people are now going to the games because of the talent, and that has changed Colorado, Colorado's trajectory for football for the next few years. And that makes me happy.
Speaker 2: Good graduate said, guys, give us a call tell Anna that she's right seven oh three seven six seven four one night, or you can email us watch and get left at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Any dudes of minds?
Speaker 6: Yeah right, yeah, wait, am I voicemails or oh or oh you know Studiuman voices first.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll get to you guys. And for the record, you'll have to stick around because we're going to do more voicemails at the end of the show, so be sure to stick around for that. Let me go, Sorry, I thought I was prepared. Okay, first one, Hey, thanks.
Speaker 5: Fred, Nanna. How's it going, man, It's Fred Florida.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: Just call them excited about the draft this week. I just want to see what your input was on a lot of different opportunities that we trade out. Do you like the defensive back position to draft? I know we can't get anybody as good as spread, but we'll take somethingbody good or defensive end or O line. I just want to let you know I appreciate y'all. Y'all good commanders.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he Xi, I do. I think we're gonna back out of there. I think that's a chance we can. I think we can, especially when all you keep hearing in this draft is it's no difference between player twenty and player seventy five, meaning.
Speaker 3: The grades between them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that close. You want more draft capital, you might have to bag out of there. But if the guy falls to you, you take him right there. I like chavonn Ravel out of East Carolina. Okay, six three cornerback run with the win. Uh. I think when you think about Revel, think about a faster version of Richard Sherman.
Speaker 3: Oh jeez, that's what this kid is.
Speaker 4: And uh, I think he'll he'll be one of them player that if you follow in twenty nine, like I gotta get this Yeah.
Speaker 3: James Pierce Jr. From Tennessee Rush Edge Rush, Oh yeah yeah. If he there, I think you have to pull the trigger and get him.
Speaker 4: So it's a couple of guys that if they're still there, you don't put the car in reverse and try to get to the second round. I think it's a couple of guys that you're like, yeah, I'm gonna pull the trigger for this guy. I don't think as many as people think it is. I don't think we make a draft pick on the first day.
Speaker 2: I mean I can see that, like you said, it depends on the talent available, and you never know what. Adam Peters, the man is always thinking about what.
Speaker 4: You know, You're always thinking forward. You're always thinking forward. You got to say, you know what. And then also with us selectively being there at number twenty nine, and we just said in our little mock draft that Cleveland takes tral yep, they might try to get back in that first round to get Jackson Dark at twenty.
Speaker 3: Nine to have their fifty option interesting on them. So it's it's getting crazy.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be different because we're gonna be out, you know, covering the draft for the team, and it's gonna be a lot different vibed last year because there's so many questions now.
Speaker 3: Draft Parter was over right in second it was all let's get out of here. Now we got to wait to the whole draft. We ain't probably gonna make a hold of one cloud.
Speaker 6: My goodness. Okay, next next voicemail.
Speaker 2: Shoot, Jing, what up?
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 7: This is a rhul from other than this is a rule for Virginia huge Commander's fan Redskins fan benefit. Since I was eight, So I was born in two thousands, so I've been a fence I was eight years old.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and there's been a long time since The Commanders has you know, I've had success that this has been the most fun season I've had. Jayden has given the whole franchise, you know, hope and fans hope. But I just want to hop on and say, you know, love listening to the show, love listening to the pod every week.
Speaker 10: And also you know when the draft.
Speaker 7: Coming up, and you know this probably will be like after the draft, so you know we'll know who the Commander's pick. But I have a good feeling, you know, a past rusher is probably the most ideal, but sing a running back wouldn't be wouldn't be a bad option. I think it's you know, having an upgrade at running back, getting someone younger. Yeah, so the same, thank you guys for an amazing show you guys have every week. I love watching it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Oh, thank you.
Speaker 4: Bro appreciate he was giving us. He made me think about something. Okay, he was like, this season has been the best season in my life. So it made me look at him through his own eyes, through Anna's eyes because like him.
Speaker 1: Anna, I love where you're going with this.
Speaker 4: Anna has not seen the glory. He hasn't seen the glory. But guess what he doesn't do. He don't forget about the Derrick Greens of the world. He doesn't forget about the child's man's, the dix toy manly. He know it was glory is but you know, my years and the years afterwards we weren't so good.
Speaker 3: But he ain't retiring. Ja Jana.
Speaker 2: I was like around my gosh, I was like, I was like, oh, this is a good.
Speaker 3: Cough, the bridge whatever.
Speaker 6: I'm allowed to have joy in my life.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, sure, sure, okay.
Speaker 6: So running backs thoughts.
Speaker 4: Uh, yeah, I'm always taking a running back. I just because it's so many of them. Twenty five plus running backs can get drafted in this draft. That's deep like last year deep running back class. Like last year was the class of the quarterbacks. This is the class of the running backs.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And this guy's from Quins Jukins. Come on, Treyvon Henson. They played for the same school.
Speaker 2: It's a kid from Carolina Marion Hampton or North Carolina.
Speaker 3: He could run the ball.
Speaker 4: You got, You've got DJ Gidding, you got so many dude, Rocket Sander's I love Rocket Sander's. You got Johnson from my It just God, I got I the guy. And when you got a running back draft that dep you don't have to You won't have to draft.
Speaker 3: That position early. Yeah, you draft that.
Speaker 4: Position late, you're gonna get the same quality guy.
Speaker 3: It's just about what flavor do you want? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you want speed? Do you want big bokey downhill? You want to scatterboo?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What do you want?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: It just it's what flavor is for you. This is what this draft is at time, Yes, at time?
Speaker 6: All right, all right. The Get Loud Podcast is brought to you by BET three sixty five, official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on a range of NFL markets with the BAT three sixty five app. Craft your own personalized betslip with parlay, access thousands of games with live streaming. Place your bet before the match, or bet during the game.
Speaker 3: It's up to you.
Speaker 6: Download the Bet three sixty five app today and join eighty million members worldwide. Age twenty one plus only. Must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem call or text one eight hundred gambler. Take that, Caroline, Caroline did a great job.
Speaker 4: M WAA. We don't travel to escape life. We traveled, so life, don't escape us. Dream of any place in the world. In the blink of eye, we're there. That's the one to flight. All you have to do is decide where to Dulles International Airport. Let you imagination sword book you a venture today at flight Dulls dot com slash NonStop beautiful.
Speaker 2: So we got to bring in a former Redskins stud That means it's time for your hot ticket presented by Sea Geek. This summer SeatGeek has your ticket to the best live concerts.
Speaker 1: In the DNB at Northwest Stadium.
Speaker 2: Seek Geek, the official primary ticketing partner of Northwest Stadium.
Speaker 1: Let's bring in the One Man Gang. SOO have a very special guest now.
Speaker 2: So if you know the history of this franchise at all, you know the One Man Gang, Lorenzo Alexander, who spent the bulk of his career right here in Washington.
Speaker 1: Lorenzel, thanks for being with us.
Speaker 2: And I just have to say, first of all, that background behind you is incredible. Well that's probably the best background we've ever seen. No.
Speaker 11: I appreciate that I finished my career at Buffalo and that was kind of one of the parting gifts when I when I retired. It's a really cool background, kind of gives you some of the highs of my career. And then it has like all the teams that I played for on here as well. So and then obviously we see the one man game and my man Fred Smooth and shot sprays gave me. I still remember that day. I'm actually writing a book about that one Man's game. But it's really about the people. Fred, you being one of those guys that really helped me become the person I am today in the career that I was able.
Speaker 10: To have just by those relationships.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: And I did give you that great name right there, and people don't know where it came from. Like I remember one day at practice, Lorenzo went from detail to our side linebacker to tidy end maybe play the little guard that day. So we got to the locker room and I was like, nah, man, your new name is one man Game. And this's what it was because this is what he was. Anything coaches asked him to do, he was willing to do it. A lot of players not willing to do that in the NFL. That's how you played fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Well, Rinzel, I was going to ask you about that because we want to talk to you about this Commander's Club and the draft.
Speaker 1: But when you look back at your own career, what are you most proud of?
Speaker 2: I mean, you're undrafted, you played fifteen years, even in your final year, you played sixteen games for the Bills, an All Pro. You've done a lot of different things in the NFL. So when you look back, what do you say that's the thing that stands out to me?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 10: I mean there's a ton of stuff.
Speaker 11: I mean, you just kind of run it off a lot of the things, but it really comes down to the relationships. I mean, you know, I've messed like Fred Shawe Springs, Mike Seller's big pro catch, Ghost in Rock carrac There's a ton of dudes that was on that team, Lenny Fletch here, I can go on and on. That had a significant impact on my life, and more so than on the football field, helped me become a man and really understand what it meant to be a husband and a father, a person in the community, and all that other stuff. I think it was just a byproduct of having those guys around help me show me, how do you play tackle? How do you play guard? How do you then go play outside back? Or how do you cover? How do you play special teams?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 10: With a byproduct of all those relationships throughout my career, So I would.
Speaker 11: Just say getting to know people pinching the league, still having close bonds with him, it's probably like the highlight of my career.
Speaker 10: And I would beg to say that.
Speaker 11: Most guys would say that same thing, regardless if they were a Hall of Famer or got to play, you know, one or two years in the league.
Speaker 4: Got I gotta ask you this though, because you and London had a fast and name intro into the league. Both of y'all was undrafted, both of y'all played fifteen years. Did you ever sit down with London and ask him how did he get his firday he did? Did you have that intimate conversation?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, why had that type of relationship?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 11: I would I would consider Flesh like a big bro to me. Obviously he came to the league. I think in like, what is that like twenty ninety nine, you know, so here's a couple of years on me. But every time, you know, back in the day was still today right where the stadium means a relationship to where we work, and most of us live out in northern Virginia's a forty five minute trip maybe an our our half on bad traffic, right, And so I used to ride with Fletch to the hotel and then to the games. We used to carpoon that our wives would pick us up after the game, and so we had thousands of just you know, conversations about what do it look like to be in the league, what do you need to do to be a professional, how would you mature our faith, walk, our kids.
Speaker 10: Our wives?
Speaker 11: And so I had a ton of time to ask when that's why I used to pick my brain or pick his brain on and just trying to figure out those little things that made him special, especially understanding he had the same journey in starting place that I had in my career. And so, yeah, I mean I still call Flesh from time to time, and even when I wasn't playing with Washington anymore, he used to call me watching film and be like, hey, Zoe, you need to be doing XYZ. So that relationship has been one of the I think foundational relationships of my career to really allow me to thrive on and off the field.
Speaker 1: Do you see anyone in today NFL that reminds you of you?
Speaker 2: Because you did so many different things and that's you know, and it leads it could be so specialized.
Speaker 1: Now you don't see that a lot.
Speaker 3: Don't say Travis Hunt. Don't say Travis Hunter.
Speaker 11: Yeah, man, you know, I wish I could say it's probably somebody out there. The cool thing for me, you know, being an undrafted guy and being cut a couple of times and trying to find my wain in this league is when people say, hey, is there can we find a Lorizzo Alexander out there?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 11: Because you know, everybody wants to be a Hall of famers set the mark. But it's cool for me when I see in social media when people are trying to find that guy, and I know there's guys out there that do multitude of things, that play special team outside backer right right here, I mean in the Arizona So.
Speaker 10: I probably see this team the most.
Speaker 11: A guy like a Dennis Gardeck, undrafted god has wear on special teams and then it's playing outside backer getting sacks. Buddha Banker obviously he got drafted, but very similar starting on special teams getting this opportunity doing the things on the back end. So there's guys out there that do it, but it it is hard. I don't know if anybody's ever done it to the extent I've done it. It'd be really cool to see, but most people don't remember. I was three fifteen, so what Fred is talking about, like, I was legitly playing guard, h de tackle, doing those things I was part of back in the old school. I was in that wedge, right, I was one of those guys running down the bust the wedge, and this game has just changed so much. And then over that time I lost to wait and became two thirty five, two forty five. So I don't know if anybody else has had that type of transformation that then they're standing off the ball and doing, you know, playing mike linebacker like I.
Speaker 10: Did towards the end of my career and even when I was in Washington a little bit.
Speaker 11: So I know there's people out there that the versatile I mean Fred just mentioned Travis Hunter. Obviously I'm not as talented physically, but I could go out there and do what I had to do with my own in my own regard I.
Speaker 4: Don't know how much you kept up with the team intimately to wash the Commander. This year we had some special team made its like Taylor Owns and Percy Butler and guys that was running down and you know, they basically reviatalized Washington Commander's football. Jaydon Daniels, I'm sure you know who he is because Arizona State out there with you. What did you think about what the team accomplished this year and what coach Quinn brought to the table.
Speaker 10: I just really I really love the overall culture of the team, right when you have shifts and what we've seen like change and what it's done to this organization to really really re energize the community around it. And just a consistency. I mean, I think that was one of the biggest.
Speaker 11: Things that has always been hard for really it's any organization, but in particular when you think about the Commanders, is having that consistent culture that is I think that builds longevity and legacy and then cope that with consistency at the head coaching.
Speaker 10: I think when I was there, we had four coaches over seven years. Easily look like like a team like Tom Lane, you probably had actually because I didn't have alla ball coach.
Speaker 11: I just had I had Gibbs z On Shanahan, right, And I know some guys got the book ind of both, and it actually had old ball coaching in the whoever who came in.
Speaker 3: After We had Marty Schottenheimen and spur Ye Yes Furrier.
Speaker 10: So right, you had those two. I didn't even get those.
Speaker 11: So just depending on when you got dropped in, right, that's five six coaches within a ten year period.
Speaker 10: It's really hard to develop any type of really dominance in a league when you're changing that office.
Speaker 11: So it's really cool to see what they're doing now, the consistency from top down, and I think that is what ultimately is going to build, you know, a pernial playoff team and a pretty or contender.
Speaker 10: When we see some of those other organizations who had figured that out. When you have like an Andy Reid or Sean McDermott or Mike.
Speaker 11: T at their organizations for you know, ten plus years, really changes the culture.
Speaker 10: And sustainability is key because now you have a coach that when you come in, I'm not teaching something new every year.
Speaker 11: You got people that know, you got advocates in the locker room, and they can push that to the younger guys much quicker and more efficiently than a coach can.
Speaker 4: Do you think you game that can ride and that similars is this simple as just picking the right quarterback, because come on, Zoe, we had teams with me and you, London, Sean Taylor.
Speaker 3: Shun Springs, like. We had talent everywhere.
Speaker 4: We had running backs, we had wide receiver, we had Chris Samuel, one of the best tackles, but we never was stable at quarterback.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's this simple?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean I think it's Yeah, I think that is it.
Speaker 11: I mean, you gotta have elite quarterback play. You gotta have consistent quarterback play to give you yourself a chance. I also think culture right, because we had all that talent. Talent necessarily doesn't win stuff when you have other stuff that's going on to nobody ever knows about, right, And so I think it's a couple of things.
Speaker 10: A quarterback, we never had the lade. We had guys that could get back there, but they.
Speaker 11: Like j Campbell right yet for example, got drafted high, really good quarterback, but he had four offensive coordinators in four years.
Speaker 10: That's death, right, how hard that position is, and you got that.
Speaker 11: Many different ways of playing football and thought processes, he can never get comfortable. And I think when you have that and couple with a lack of a strong culture and identity of who we need to be, your talent can never flourish.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 11: I think you got guys that show out and could be pros, but you need pros from top down.
Speaker 10: I just don't need the stars to be pros. I need the.
Speaker 11: Minitarer guys or rookies everybody to come in kind of fighting for that same direction and really maximizing their effort.
Speaker 10: Because we know it's hard to win this league, and we got people kind of doing their own thing.
Speaker 11: Especially in the cities like DC, it's really hard to create that consistency and that because it's a lot of distractions. And so I think there was a couple of things working against us during that time, but we definitely had the ability to go out there and do it. We just never was able to pull all those stings together from I think a professionalism standpoint, a quarterback, and really a direction as far as head coach that we can we can put it and bottle it up. We can find one or two years like RG three lightning in a bottle, right, but we never could.
Speaker 10: It was never sustainable. Over the course of four or five years.
Speaker 2: You played alongside different quarterbacks, You've chased some quarterbacks during your very established curer in the NFL. When you look at Jay Dannis, just what do you see as a football player? What makes him special? Because we saw glimpses of it just Paul season long last year.
Speaker 11: Yeah, for me, it's a decision making I'm getting the ball in his hands process and I think a lot of that's colpled with the officer coordinating what they're asking him to do. The run game really helped him his ability to run to that dual thread ability, and you know, I think one of the things that people weren't quite sure about his durability. I know he had a couple of knicks here and there, but I don't think people understood that he would be able to handle four NFL season. But what really sets him apart is protecting the football and be able to process things to get the ball in his hands. And if you can continue to do that right, because that's the hardest thing because people this year is going to be the real Tel Tale because people have a year on him and they're going to give him different looks. Now, can he continue to grow in this offseason? But I really like the young man's demeanor, the way he approaches as a professional, and then his just his been able to see the game right and not see ghosts as we used to call it and be throwing the cast that ain't there. I think really is what set him a part as as a rookie and really let him have an a historic season.
Speaker 4: Well, I also think not only Dad, I think he learns from every play that he plays. I think he learns from every coach that he around. He said something the other day in the interview.
Speaker 3: I heard him.
Speaker 4: He said that he was talking to coach Herm Edwards one day and Ittwards told him.
Speaker 3: First of all, take care of the ball and let's make sure every drive end. Then a kick.
Speaker 4: We don't care if that kick is a punt. We don't care if that kick is a field goal, but we already have it being kickoff. So just that mentality of taking care of the ball and him being wise on his years, I think it made him special this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And I think we have time like Sterry carry around him too.
Speaker 11: He's because when you say that, sometimes I think some quarterbacks say, well, I'm anna protective baller, but I'm not gonna I'm not gonna go downfield because that's not really a high percentage throw and I have more of a chance to pick it off. He still was putting the ball down the field as well, so I think he did a great job of finding that balance between and I'm not going to do nothing crazy, but I am going to still make these dudes have to defend this entire field, especially with the weapons that I have around me.
Speaker 2: Brenzo, you mentioned that you're writing a book, which I think is super interesting. So what else is going on with you right now? It sounds like you've got a lot of irons of the fire.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, I have four kids.
Speaker 11: So that keeps me busy, two of which are playing football, so I do a lot of coaching in the flag world as well.
Speaker 10: As my son is played tackle last year.
Speaker 11: So that has really been really cool to kind of get in that space and be a head coach dealing with these parents at times.
Speaker 10: But other than that, I'm helping legends transition out of the game.
Speaker 11: I worked for the league as an NFL Community Coordinator and just making sure that our guys understand that what they did in the league is special and unique and they are equipped to make a transition to any field that they choose. They just have to kind of dig in and lean into it and move forward, and as well as creating community and making sure they take advantage of the benefit.
Speaker 10: So I'm all over the place. That's the cool thing. I still get to be in the lock growing in a part of God's lives, which is what a lot of us miss. And so it's kind of built into my day to day based on what I've been able to connect myself to.
Speaker 4: I heard Arizona had his first triple digit warm weather day one hundred.
Speaker 3: What took you to Arizona? Though?
Speaker 10: Have you ever lived in Buffalo? That is why I'm in in the hottest place you can find in the in the US.
Speaker 11: Man, that Buffalo cold did something to me the first few years because I was playing on coming back to Virginia, to be honest, But after that first winter I had in.
Speaker 10: Buffalo, I was like, I don't want no winter, no cold, no nothing.
Speaker 11: It still gets a little cold here, but that's why I came back to az I played here for a couple of years and that I would.
Speaker 10: Much rather have that heat rather than shoveling snow or being cold.
Speaker 2: I just it just messed me up that one year I was up there, like I'm moving to the center of the sun, anywhere away from here, closer to the equators. Well, Lorenzo, we appreciate it, man. We're excited about covering the draft this week, and it's great to see you. What an incredible NFL career that you had, and I think it's awesome you're still working with the league with veterans as well, So thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: Appreciate that one man game.
Speaker 1: Great to see him looks great.
Speaker 4: By the way, Listen, Skinny Zold is different. When I first met Zoe Zose three hundred and.
Speaker 3: Fifteen, I remember recovered, he was huge. Listen. I remember one season we came back from our season. He was like, smooth. I had to remake my body.
Speaker 4: I was like, So when he started playing, you know that rush outside linebacker and then it goes to the Pro Bowl, I was like, that's.
Speaker 3: How you redefine yourself.
Speaker 4: Like it's so hard for an athlete to redefine themselves because whatever got you here, it worked, Yeah, and most people are scared to go away from that. That's why you see quarterbacks are not prone to change resisting to wide receiver. Yea, a wide receiver won't trade the cornerback, you know, because they're too comfortable with what they doing. When in life, to be great, you have to be good at being uncomfortable. And that's what Zoe's example. I got uncomfortable, so I changed everything. I bent my body to my wheel. And that's what happens when good things happened. You couldn't have told me this guy we're gonna play fifteen years in the league. Incredible, unbelievable, that's iron Man status.
Speaker 2: Great story, all right, Anna voicemails.
Speaker 6: Yes, we'll hit one more voicemail before we'll get to our game.
Speaker 7: Full of.
Speaker 3: Huh okay.
Speaker 6: All right, but here we go.
Speaker 2: Mister Hannah, how.
Speaker 5: You doing, young lady?
Speaker 4: Not a question for you, big dog.
Speaker 5: I know how you with a catalyst for the Burgundy on burnd On Bundy.
Speaker 4: I was, and I needed you to be a catalyst for this gold blood, white jerseys, black pants.
Speaker 7: She can pick the sock, she.
Speaker 4: Can pick the shoes, black helmels, black white jersey, white jersey, black pants.
Speaker 3: Skeptical about it.
Speaker 7: If you're not sure about it, that's the only time you're gonna hit me reference to reference Madden in regards of football, and I mean real NFL football.
Speaker 4: Go grab your son, pull up the TS five, the.
Speaker 7: Ex box six, look at the jersey colorway, and.
Speaker 6: You're not gonna be able to sit here and tell.
Speaker 4: Me that you don't like the black helmels with the white.
Speaker 7: Jerseys and the black pants.
Speaker 5: I got we gotta see it, We gotta we gotta do something else.
Speaker 3: Other than the all black. The all black is nice.
Speaker 10: So look, man, black helmets, white.
Speaker 3: Jerseys, no black, noaying on the table for this. Man, you for the fan base.
Speaker 10: Baby, you gotta stand on the table for this.
Speaker 5: And man, y'all gonna love it. I'm trying to tell you it's gonna look real nice when we got them flashing lights on Monday nights football Like.
Speaker 3: I can't, I can't agree, disagree quick, I'm sorry. That's not good. He's not interior deference.
Speaker 6: Thank you for thank you for your calling your input.
Speaker 2: You do notice her as a Hello Anna, young lady smook. I'm like Anna has officially overtaken me.
Speaker 10: On this show.
Speaker 3: It took It took one episode. Hey listen, well he put together I didn't think it was fresh.
Speaker 4: Now let me counter your black helmets, white jersey, black pants.
Speaker 3: Probably he wanted white sox like in black shoes.
Speaker 1: This is not Bosston.
Speaker 3: No, this, this is not that.
Speaker 4: Now close your eyes and think about this Monday night football versus.
Speaker 3: To just say the kids that city, the Chiefs, they go all ready, we come out in all gold. Go help me. I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Twenty four carry gold, help me, gold jersey, gold pants, gold socks, gold shoes.
Speaker 6: Yock, serious, no, thank you?
Speaker 3: You see all right?
Speaker 4: Do y'all know like every year we do one week of color rush, right, you know the color rush like in the Apolis go all blue?
Speaker 3: All right, this team go all black. The Ravens went all purple.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying that all gold won't be beat by nobody, That all gold will shining a whole differ.
Speaker 2: You don't think all burgundy would be better for doing Colorada already?
Speaker 9: Did?
Speaker 3: I am the forefather of the all burge.
Speaker 1: Is clean white across the board.
Speaker 3: No, every team in the league.
Speaker 4: Gold though at first, I mean I love the gold, but listen, I do like that more than white chops black jerseys.
Speaker 3: Right, all right, think about this, Think about this.
Speaker 4: When when La Charges go baby blue on baby blue, that is that not some of the hardest Like listen, it's all about bright colors. When you color rush, the team with the brighter colors look the best.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right?
Speaker 4: So when when when the Charges do it with either of their gold or they do it with the baby blue, nobody looks like them.
Speaker 3: Then when the dolphins come.
Speaker 4: Out in their aqua water on aqua water, can't nobody else do that?
Speaker 3: But y'all want to go white on white on white, no, gold on.
Speaker 4: Gold on gold and call it slinging semi bodsh right because but don't realize about slinging semi bar He's the only guy to lead the league in passing Russian No, no passing pun average interceptions.
Speaker 2: The Monday mustards, Yes, with a Monday mustard, whatever you.
Speaker 3: Want to call it. You can call it Sunday, the Sunday and gold. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Let us start the comments if you like the Monday mustards or Boss State.
Speaker 9: University University and white No, that ain't not colored white tops, white pants.
Speaker 3: No, but the gold will stick out in a different way.
Speaker 6: It will definitely be different.
Speaker 4: That's true, It'll be it gonna stick out in a whole different way. Like y'all ain't gonna know how good these guys are gonna look.
Speaker 3: And it all go.
Speaker 2: Maybe if it's more gold than yellow, I just worry the yellow really coming through.
Speaker 3: No, it's the we are burgery and gold.
Speaker 1: But you know those things.
Speaker 3: Is a thin line. It is a thin line. I say thin line.
Speaker 4: That's why I say, if I said twenty four care, go the hell Bruno Mars walk us out.
Speaker 3: I like the idea.
Speaker 1: Indeeding guys, you can always give us a call.
Speaker 2: Lest not what you think seven oh three seven two six seven four one nine email us at Washington get loud at gmail dot com. Now before we play our game full, Yep, we're gonna bleep that out, I'm told yep. You got to remind you that this summer, Seageek has your ticket to the best live concerts in the DMV at Northwest Stadium. Seageek makes it easy to catch world conquering tours and high waters performances from your favorite artists all summer long. Seegeek has the best seat your seat for an unforgettable summer from rock Royalty to rap superstars R and B. The country find out all on Sea Geek, the official primary ticketing partner of Northwest Stadium summer concerts season, officially starts with seat Geek.
Speaker 6: All right, are we ready for our game?
Speaker 3: I'm Ronald full of Well, was that pros not sealed mine?
Speaker 1: Because I did say, oh you seal them?
Speaker 6: Well, it'll just make for a more dramatic effect. So basically what's going to happen is we will shuffle our envelopes and basically whichever one you pick is the one you have to sell, even if you're full of Okay, all right, who would like to go first?
Speaker 3: So we're picking one, right, shuffle.
Speaker 6: And pick one of your own?
Speaker 3: All right, I still this thing.
Speaker 6: God, let's do it right, and we're allowed to ask you questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: My mom found out she was pregnant with me while playing a pick up football game with my uncles and her friends.
Speaker 1: I believe that you got football in your blood. I think that's the truth.
Speaker 6: I also think it's the truth.
Speaker 3: It is the truth.
Speaker 6: Oh that's a great fact.
Speaker 4: I mean I was born to play this game all right before I was, before I saw light, I.
Speaker 3: Was to peel.
Speaker 6: Okay, should I go or Janks? Do you want to go?
Speaker 3: Go ahead? Hannah?
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll pick this one. Oh, and I folded mine.
Speaker 3: Hold on, don't look at my name, Dodo.
Speaker 6: Oh I subbed in as the mascot of one of my high school basketball games.
Speaker 1: I can absolutely see you doing that. You have a personality for it.
Speaker 3: That's truth. I think it's false. I think it's all lies.
Speaker 6: You think I'm full of we're calling Oh, you you're correct, I'm full of it.
Speaker 3: I never.
Speaker 2: Called it all right, Janks, I don't know which one this is.
Speaker 6: Who sees this ceiling of the envelope is much more dramatic.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was once a silver medallist in cross country at my high school state championships.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, what year was this at high school? It's your sophomore, junior, senior, junior year? Is your junior year? Varsity in Texas? Silver in the state in three A in three yes.
Speaker 2: Overall, I mean there's five classifications.
Speaker 6: This is three How many people were roughly in the race, like, how twelve?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Twelve?
Speaker 6: Total?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean the finals.
Speaker 6: What what I'm going to go with your full.
Speaker 3: Twelve.
Speaker 12: I was like, like, no, not in the state in Texas, not the way they burn. So do we get to talk about the other ones?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 6: I mean, we have a little bit of time. We'll do it quick quickly.
Speaker 3: We'll go through Joe, what was your truth?
Speaker 2: Because we'll know my truth is an old story, but it is. It's an old actress. I was once hit on by actress slash model Renee rus So in Hollywood.
Speaker 3: You told me about Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 6: It's like we're starting to know each other really well because not new Fred's story.
Speaker 4: Well, this one was a Scott dived in a squirrel suit nit a Grand Canyon.
Speaker 6: That was your that was your lie, that was your You can't hear it. He will one day, though. I have no doubt that you could end up doing that one. Okay, mine is I appeared to one of Dion Sanders vlogs at Boulder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 6: I did. I got I got made fun of by my team.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was pretty hyped to see Dion and it's pretty embarrassing. So like, hopefully no one ever finds it. You wouldn't be able to tell that's cute, but it's like I was. I was a year out. I was a year out of cop. We can't actually, I don't want to go into detail about this video.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and looking evidence.
Speaker 1: We're gonna look forward. Well that's it for to get my podcast another great show.
Speaker 3: We got an on camera.
Speaker 4: Now, next time we get to talk to y'all, we'll know the newest members of the Washington Commandy another generation.
Speaker 3: We'll be drafted the next time we talk for him, and maybe.
Speaker 1: We'll see him in the Monday Mustards.
Speaker 3: Maybe he'll get his jersey retired in Colorado. And now you have to play that
Speaker 2: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.