Speaker 1: Welcome in Clay Travis buck Sexton show. I hope all of you are having a fabulous Tuesday. News coming, as it often does during the Trump regime, at a rapid fashion. We will dive into all of it here momentarily. Reminder, Trump is also speaking tonight in front of a joint session of Congress, a usual State of the Union, although I think in the year after the election it's not officially called the State of the Union, but that is what will be going on tonight and many will be watching to see what the President says. Let me give you a little bit of a roadmap we're headed. Senate Majority Leader John Thune going to be on with us at the bottom of this hour. Every single Democrat senator voted against men being prohibited from playing in women's sports. In other words, they support men who identify as women being able to compete in women's sports. Every single Democrat senator. It's crazy. Our friend Bill O'Reilly will join us at the top of the next hour. That is where we are headed. But Buck, the biggest news that is out there in the last hour, Zelensky has decided to ben the need to Donald Trump and beg for peace. Let me read a little bit of what he said. I would like This is Zelenski's Twitter account. I would like to reiterate Ukraine's commitment to peace. None of us wants in endless war. Ukraine is ready to come to the negotiating table as soon as possible to bring lasting peace closer. Nobody wants peace more than the Ukrainians. My team and I stand ready to work under President trump strong leadership to get a piece that lasts. We value how much America has done. Our meeting in Washington at the White House on Friday not go that way. It was supposed to be regrettable that it happened this way. It's time to make things right. We would like future cooperation and communication to be constructive. Regarding the agreement on minerals and Security, Ukraine is ready to sign it anytime and in any convenient format. We see this agreement as a step toward greater security and solid security guarantees, and I truly hope it will work effectively. All Right, Friday, the blow up, Tuesday, the apology again, that statement a little bit longer, Buck, What do you think people should take from this situation that we are currently in with Ukraine? And where do we go from here?
Speaker 2: Well, Trump is doing what he does, which is a non traditional approach to try to solve problems.
Speaker 1: And I think that.
Speaker 2: The people who have at every step of the every step of the way question came under him said he's crazy, he said he's a dictator, are doing what they always do, which is more of that. When you look at what has already occurred, it does seem to be that Trump is using the leverage that he should use on issues that matter to get us to a better resolution. All that really counts, and this is contra the diplomacy, State Department, Foreign policy consensus mindset. All that really matters is the results, right, All that really matters is when something happens in response to a decision, an action and agreement that Trump has taken. How we get there, I think is far less important. And so, yes, was it a little bit of a surprise to see that dust up in the Oval office?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Do I think that Zelensky was the one who instigated it? Largely? Yes?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: And now are we back in a place where Zelenski is saying all the things that we wanted to hear from him the.
Speaker 1: First time around? Yes?
Speaker 2: So that to me indicates that Trump is on the right track. I also think that this is forced out into public view, that the people who just are all about the Ukrainian fight and don't ever go beyond Ukraine is the good guy, Russia is the bad guy, are being forced to justify in public, what exactly is your plan if this war goes on for another five years? In what way is Ukraine in a better position then than they are in now? Russia has more men, more material, more North Korean troops, I might add, pouring in. Russia has allies who are working directly in this fight, and we refuse to do that. That is our redline. So how is Ukraine going to be in a better position other than losing a lot of our money and a lot of their men. They don't have an answer to this. Trump knows that. So we're trying to get to where we are with the deal now, Clay, if the negotiations were to break down because what Putin wants is just so unthinkable, is so beyond the pale, well at least we would know that, right at least then we can have a conversation. Okay, Putin really is being crazier than anticipated. On this, So maybe he does need to suffer the consequences a little bit more or whatever, But right now there's no reason to believe that the option that the Ukraine hardliners want to take is better.
Speaker 1: Look where we are right now, and my wife has been fired up about this, so she will not stop talking about it. I do think that the United States has created much of this mess, meaning the invasion, the battles over territory, and all that's happening now is Trump is trying to clean up the mess. Right You go back to the agreement when Ukraine gave up their nukes, there was some form of protection agreement entered into and Ukraine took it as the United States won't let Russia invadas. Obviously Obama did not take it that way. Biden did not take it that way. Russia has for a long time not wanted NATO on its border. We have continued to expand NATO to Russia's border, and I think this war is actually a result of much of the failure of American policy, both as it pertains to Ukraine and to Russia significantly, buck none of which Trump was involved in remotely. So he is now in this mess where he is trying to end up in a situation where he's trying to put this all back right, and so the United States is not blameless here. We want to be saying, oh Slava Ukraine. Ukraine is the hero and Russia is the villain. America is not coming to this situation with clean hands. We have, in many ways created, I believe, a total mess, and now Trump is trying to clean it up, and so I hope that we can get a ceasefire here and that people can stop dying. My concern, Buck is, now we're moving into okay, what does the negotiated piece look like? What does a ceasefire look like? It seems to me, and I'm curious if you would agree with this that to a large extent, wherever the lines are drawn now where the stellmate has basically come to exist, it feels to me like Russia is going to get a large percentage of those eastern parts of Ukraine. Where exactly that line is drawn will be a huge debate. And then I hope that Russia doesn't decide to invade again. I don't think it will happen with Trump in office. But my concern is if Kamala Harris or Gavin Newsom or whomever the Andrew Cuomo. If one of those guys or gals were to win in twenty twenty eight, I think Putin would go right back to invading again, because I'm not sure he would respect the Democrats, as he has shown he did not respect Obama and as he has shown he did not respect Biden.
Speaker 2: Are There's some very fundamental questions here that I think Trump sees properly, and one of them is.
Speaker 1: Do we care enough?
Speaker 2: Do we as Americans care enough about who's in control of twenty five percent or so fifteen twenty percent of Ukraine that we're willing to lose American soldiers and spend billions, perhaps even trillions of dollars, never mind the possibility of a nuclear nuclear exchange, which is the euphemism, of course we use for nuking each other's militaries in the theater, which would be horrifying. Are we willing to do those things? No, we're not, And so at some point level, this is all just I think a recognition that there's going to be an ability that Russia has in its sphere of influence here or to expand its sphere of influence here because it's not a NATO country, and because we don't want to do their fighting for them, and so there are limitations on what we're willing to do. There are also limitations on the timeframe in which we're willing to continue doing what we are already doing in terms of the money and materil and training and everything else that we have been giving them. This is a messy situation. It's terrible how much life has been lost here. You brought up Clay, and this is true. You go back to the you know, the Maidan and Yanakovich and the efforts to figure out who's going to be in charge of Ukraine, stretching back now over a decade, the West backing one side, Russia backing another. You know, we've been playing with this as some kind of a proxy territory for much longer than there have even been bullets flying over there. So to get this thing to be no longer a festering sore, but to be in a position where there's an agreement going forward, you know, as far as the Russians are concerned, look at the dismemberment that the Soviet Union suffered into all these different countries and all these breakaway republics. For them, the notion that the map is now and forever going to remain the map is laughable, clearly, and they very much feel that way, and that's why they've been willing to go to this extent. And you'll notice that no one even talks anymore about how Putin's going to be overthrown or all this. People said moronic stuff, and I mean us senators, I don't have to name them, I could name them in the very beginning of this conflict, delusional about how we'd be able to defeat the Russian war machine in this theater without actually engaging US military forces in the process. So we just want this whole thing to end. I think there's tremendous frustration with it. I think it also Clay comes out of fighting in multiple decades long counterinsurgency g WATT wars in the Mid East that what did we get? What did we get in Afghanistan? Exactly?
Speaker 1: That's a really tough one to answer. What did we get in Iraq?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 2: Even isn't it funny? Afghanistan was the good war. We basically got nothing. We ended up killing Bin Laden in Pakistan everybody, So you know, we didn't really get very much for our Afghanistan efforts, did we?
Speaker 1: And then you look.
Speaker 2: At Iraq and you know it's marginal right now that it's better now than it was under Saddam Hussein. So there's been there's been a lot of reason for us to see what's gone on with the US foreign policy and military interventions and say, have we learned the lesson Clay? And I think that's I think that's Trump's fundamental guiding principle on this. Have we learned the lesson?
Speaker 1: Do you think we have? I'm not sure that we have that we haven't. Actually, I think that's a very good yes. I think that. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people still who think, oh, no, you don't understand we could do this.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if they've just been playing too much call of duty or I don't get it. I don't know why they would think that this is going to be something that we want to get deeper and more involved in. I do not care who is in charge of CRIMEA, meaning I do not care enough that I want to sacrifice a single American or any American interest for CRIMEA. For Don bas or Lahnsk and Donetsk. In these places, I do not care. Now that doesn't mean I don't care about the suffering of the people there.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: But Clay, I care about the suffering the people in South Sudan as well, which is going through yet another mass genocide situation and slow motion. But we're not about to land troops there either.
Speaker 1: Here's do you agree with me on a positive side if we can get a cease fire. I actually feel like Vladimir Putin will not invade Ukraine further while Trump is in office. Do you agree with that that he respects Trump enough that he won't do it? I do.
Speaker 2: I think that he recognizes that. You know Trump, Trump is willing to upset the Apple card. You don't want to tick him off. No one even thought Biden was leading the country, So who cares, doesn't matter what he says. So the concern is not necessarily the next three years. It's again, well, you and I've been talking about and I think it's something that everybody out there needs to realize. You can believe that Trump is amazing and doing phenomenal things than we do. Guys, four years is not enough to fix a lot of what ails the United States We've got to stick and stack several different wins together, one after the other. And that's why I'm already kind of focused on what happens in twenty six next year, and what happens in twenty eight, because as enjoyable as every single day is with Trump in office right now, it's a date certain when it comes to a close, and a lot of our enemies out there are going to be sitting around hoping that they can get President Kamala Harris or President Gavin Newsom or President Andrew Cuomo, whoever the Democrats are going to elevate to run.
Speaker 1: We got to stack together a lot of different wins because the problems we have are so substantial.
Speaker 2: You just heard clet say it, and it's true. Trump can't fix all of our problems. He's doing great stuff, but there's a lot that is still going to be very challenging over these next four years and are going to be problems for years to come. The debt is very high, maybe even top of that list. So what can you do in the meantime? You've got dollars that are evaporating through inflation day in and day out, and there's nothing that you can do about that, but you can do something to protect the value of your dollars. That's where gold comes in. Gold is a hedge against this kind of persistent inflation. And the good news is you can own gold and have it safely stored in your savings account four to one K or both. You can store your physical gold at home just as easily. Birch Gold Group can help you with this, as they have so many listeners already in this audience. When you talk with the people at Birch Gold, they'll offer you a copy of a new study on how gold will prevail on the Trump Era, with a forward by Donald Trump Junior. To get your free copy, along with Birch Gold's information kit, text my name Buck to the number ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight, or go online to Birch Gold dot com slash Buck again, text my name b U c K to ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight, or go online to go online to Birch Gold dot com slash Buck.
Speaker 5: Saving America one thought at a time. Clay Travis and Buck Sexton. Find them on the free iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Welcome back in Clay Travis buck Sexton show. We got a lot to talk about with this man. The Senate majority leader from South Dakota, John Thune. Appreciate him joining us right now. Big night on Capitol Hill with Trump addressing Congress. We'll get to that in a moment, but Senator, appreciate you making the time. I wanted to start with this. I still can't believe this is real. Every single Democrat center opposed a bill that would keep men from competing in women's sports. That is, every Democrats senator that voted were you can you believe this has become a political issue. And given the fact that seventy nine percent of Americans agree men should play men's sports women should play women, including sixty seven percent of Democrats, what in the world are Democrats thinking on this bill?
Speaker 4: Right? Well, you get good question, guys. I mean, I just it's mind blowing to me that this has become a political issue where the Democrats are so tethered to their I guess transgender ideological political base that they're willing to throw common sense out the window. I mean, this is just to me almost incomprehensible that we even having this conversation. It's, you know, having biological males as the opponents of young women, and is both fundamentally unfair and it's potentially dangerous, honestly, And so you know, Coach Hubberville, Tommy Tubraviille, the senator from Alabama, led this on the floor. We had a vote on it last night, and you are correct. Every single Democrat to the person voted against it. And it's an eighty twenty issue, as you point out, with the American people. So I just I can't explain it. I think they did there was no lesson learned from the election. I think it's common sense issues like this that the American people expect their leaders to act on, and they just block voted against it.
Speaker 1: What can you say, Senator Thune when they vote against it? Though?
Speaker 2: Are they claiming publicly? I'm just wondering because this has just happened, and it's hard to believe that they just did this for a lot of us. But I guess if you've been paying attention to Democrats, insanity is not new to them. But are they saying there's some problem in the text of the bill or some procedural or are they openly just saying we think dudes should be able to play against ladies and that's the way it should be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I think that's really honestly the substance of it. You know, you could say that the bill could be changed this here that way, but it's there. It's really very straightforward. And you know, I mean, and there was a day when Democrats would have been, you know, quick to defend Title nine and and here we are. But you know, I mean, this is again I had I mentioned this from the floorya to day, but I had a business professor and graduate school who used to say, some things are just intuitively obvious, and and I think this is one of those things that's intuitively obvious to people. And I, you know, something obviously feel strongly about. I'm as a father of two women who played sports, and you know, one of whom is in our high school and college hall of fame. I just I can't imagine a world where you would have guys competing against women and taking away opportunities not only to excel in their and their field and their sport, but also for college scholarships and things that this has serious dounstream consequences. But the Democrats on a substance level, on a political level seem to have made a decision that they would rather defend again in ideology that is completely out of step with the American people.
Speaker 1: We're talking to. Senator John Thune, explain to us, because I'm curious myself. I don't know why a majority of Senators voting for this, which Republicans have and which marshalled itself last night, is not enough to make this a law. The House passed it only two I believe Democrats voted for it in the House. By the way, zero senators in the it voted for this on the Democrat side. But you needed to get to sixty. Why explain that for our audience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know it's hard. It's an inside baseball thing here. It's unique to the United States Senate. But under our rules in the Senate, and this is kind of the system that the founders standed us, it takes a super m majority to do almost anything consequential. And this is so sixty votes in the Senate is required to move legislation with very few exceptions. And one of the things we're working on right now. You've probably heard your listeners have probably heard too the President talk about budget reconciliation when you have unified control of the government, in other words, the House, the Senate, and the White House. There are things you can do at fifty one votes in the Senate that you otherwise wouldn't be able to do through a procedure that is again unique to the Senate, but on most issues, and this is an issue where you know, again it's a bill that we put in front of the Senate, and this, honestly, this was just a motion to proceed to the bill. This wasn't even this was just to get on it, just to debate it. They voted against even having a debate about it. And that takes sixty as well. So it's a sixty vote threshold, and I know that's for most Americans. Everybody's like, well, it isn't fifty one a majority of the Senate. The answer is yes. But the rules of the Senate and the history and the heritage of the Senate as such that it requires as a supermajority on most legislation.
Speaker 2: So what can you hopefully get done through that reconciliation process? As some of the top agenda items we've seen this this slew of executive orders coming out from Trump, a lot of them we've been talking about here in the show. We think they're doing great things. Of course, we all also know that executive orders can be overturned by the next administration if in fact it's a Democrat. So legislation matters, and we don't have a super majority. So Senator Thun, you're the majority leader. What are some of the top things you're hoping can get through the Senate, the House and get signed by the President using that reconciliation process.
Speaker 4: It's a long list, and we are going to do everything we can and push the limits of what's allowable. You know, there are limitations on how it can be used, but the Democrats expanded the scope of reconciliation. They passed two major major you know, the three trillion dollars worth of new spending in two reconciliation bills, when they had unified control of the government, when they had House, Senate, White House. So they've given us a template for how to do it. Obviously, we have a very different agenda than what they wanted to do, but we're united. We want to enact all the President Trump's priorities as quickly as possible, and that deals with the border, securing the borders, it's bolstering our national defense, it's restoring American energy dominance and preventing a fourtillion dollar tax increase at the end of the year on the American people. So you know, we believe, and say Center Republicans believe, and I think the President does too. And hopefully the House will get there to make these tax cuts permanent so we don't have to go back and deal with it again down the road. But we're here. The Senates are ready to enact as much as the President's agenda as we can through budget reconciliation, and that entails all the things I just mentioned, And I hope that as we work through this process, we will be as aggressive as we possibly can to use that opportunity at a fifty one vote threshold in the Senate as opposed to sixty to get as much of the President's agenda done as possible.
Speaker 1: What's the timeframe to get that done. We've heard a variety of different aspects out there. I heard early, Hey, we hope to get this done by Easter. When do you think these bills in particular are dealing with tax cuts and the budget will be complete? As you look at the calendar.
Speaker 4: I think it's Easter is probably ambitious, I would say, but I think that as we look at the kind of the May time frame, obviously we got a deadline that week after next March fourteenth, We've got to deal with all the craft the Democrats left us, all the pile up of spending. They didn't do any spending bills last year, and so we're up against this deadline, and we got to fund the government under the government shuts down. So that's the immediate concern. But then the reconciliation bill starts with a budget resolution. Both the House and Senate have to pass the same one, and right now we've passed budget resolutions, but they're different. But we'll have to we'll align those and then we will both act on it, and then that creates that unlocks afiliation. The reconciliation is another separate, big piece of legislation, and so it's really kind of a two step process, and it takes some time. And these are complicated issues. I mean, the President wants some things done in tax policy. We got a lot of Senators and House members who want to see things done in tax policy that are different than what's in front of us. In terms of just, you know, a strict extension of the current bill or the current tax policy. But there are all these things as we move through, and these moving parts, and ultimately I tell people when they ask me, can you do this? Can you do that? Then in the end, it really comes down to the two numbers that matter, two eighteen and fifty one. You got to have two eighteen in the House. You got to have a simple majority there, and even under reconciliation, we still have to have fifty one goal to the Senate. So that's the math of it, and as we think through what we can do and can't do, it's a function of trying to figure out how do we get this thing in a shape and whatever this bill looks like that it can secure the necessary two hundred and eighteen in the House and fifty one Senate we're.
Speaker 1: Talking to set a majority. Leader John Thune, what do you expect tonight? Let's shift gears to Trump's address tonight. What do you expect to hear from the president? What should our listeners expect to hear, and what sort of reception do you expect to see from Democrats? I was reading this morning that they're planning all sorts potentially of outrageous and outlandish disruptions during the midst of this speech. Potentially, what do you expect, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean I think they will. The Democrats are I mean, they're still in the stages of grief and they're really idle. They they're trying to find a message, They're trying to get some traction with something, and so far all it is is whatever he's for, I'm going to be against. I think that you know, Democrats right now are afflicted with a really really bad case of Trump derangement syndrome. And so my assumption is that when they come tonight, they're going to try and be disruptive. And but you know, at the end of the day, I think American people that's not what they want to see. I don't think they want to see a bunch of lefty ideologues who can't even bring themselves to vote to keep boys out of girls sports, you know, creating a ruckus and disruptive to the President of the United States, who I think will be there to talk about after four years of you know, rising costs laws and at the southern border, weakening of America on the world stage, and be talking about turning the page and get our country back on track. And I think it's a The President has a great opportunity to present to the American people how things are going to be in his second term, in what his priorities are relative to the last four years under Biden. And you can just look already at what they've done at the southern border, I mean, the top issue in the last election, and this administration has been returning ordered a short amount of time. Think about the month of February. There were a few of the nine thousand crossings at the southern border under Trump. That was a typical day under Biden. I mean, this is this is how dramatically things have changed already as a result of President Trump's leadership. And we want to be good partners for him and do as much as we can to get his agenda across the finish line, which is why we worked really hard to get his cabinet confirmed as quickly as possible. So it's I expect, you know, he got a decisive mandates in the American people November, and I think he's going to be talking about not only what he's already done, but what he's going to do in the four years he has available to him to really change the direction of this country in a way that gets it back on track.
Speaker 2: Majority Leader Thuon appreciate you making the time for us on Clay and Buck. We'll talk to you again soon.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Thanks Clay, Thanks Block, talk to you fine out.
Speaker 2: For those of us in the pro life community, the single best donation you can make is one to save the life of an unborn child. Preborn is a nonprofit dedicated to that cause day in and day out. They have been saving lives and they've been at this for twenty years. They can proudly say they've saved three hundred thousand plus lives to date. The team working at Preborn use your donations and welcoming women who are pregnant and making that decision about the life of their unborn child, whether to bring it into this world or to choose abortion. By introducing these women to the growing life inside of them with a free ultrasound from Preborn, they are twice as likely to choose life. And this all starts, like I said, with that free ultrasound. Because when that mom to be, here's the heartbeat, it changes everything. This is only possible because of your donations to this worthy nonprofit, Preborn, So please would you be the voice for Preborn and become a monthly donor. Twenty eight dollars a month could be the difference between life and death for so many babies. To donate securely, dial pound two fifty and say the keyword baby. That's pound two fifty, say baby, or visit Preborn dot com slash buck that's preborn dot com, slash b u c K.
Speaker 6: Making America great Again isn't just one man, it's many. The team forty seven podcasts at noon Eastern in the Clay and Buck podcast feed. Find it on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: We are joined by Uncle Bill, very exciting Bill O'Reilly, best selling author and commentator no spin news. Go check out what he's got there. And also many many best sellers, too many to read off on radio. But the last one was confronting the Presidents, and you all know the Killing series very well. He's also got the Three Americans tour on kicking off of March thirtieth in Long Island. So Bill tell us, let's let's jump into this actually, because this was news to Clay into me. It sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. You Steven A and Chris Cuomo all under one roof, all talking to the folks.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys got to get out. I got tickets for you if you want to make the check up to Long Island. It's an experiment. It's my production company, and as you may know, I produced the History tour with the Donald Trump, the Dennis Miller O'Reilly shows. We had we got a big operation that does live stuff, and I said, you know, I wonder if we could put three really different guys together on stage and draw a crowd that is dissimilar because today everybody's talking to the choir, you know. And so I put this tour together. It's going to be a blast. I mean, the show is going to be fabulous. And we'll have heavy securities overalls break out in the uh in the audience. We'll be able to get that under control fast. But I'm looking forward to it. You guys may have seen stephen A and Quomo and me on News Nation. We will be on tonight on the pre Trump speech. So it's a good crew those guys are you know. I see it differently than they do, but we all have a sense of humor and we're respectful.
Speaker 1: Built appreciate you coming on. I'm super intrigued to see how this conversation goes. I'm curious on this. How would you assess stephen A's motivations because for much of his career he was a straight sports guy, and not to say that he didn't have interest elsewhere, but he didn't really step aggressively into the political arena. I would say he's been on with me, We've done some conversations last couple of years. Suddenly that has changed substantially. Now maybe you can say, hey, twenty twenty four, it's just kind of impossible to avoid the political arena. But to a large extent, he had tried to avoid it. Why do you think he's changed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Terry Bradshaw avoids it. So you know, look, he's fifty seven years old, he's a very very smart guy. He's at the top of the heap for sports. How many you know Cleveland Cavalier games, can you call? I mean so I think he's a little bored with it. Yeah, he has an opportunity into public affairs, public policy because he's so recognizable and articulate, and he's taken advantage of that, and this happened before people have, you know, melded sports with news, and I think it's a smart move on his part. And he's so articulate that now the Washington Post and all these people going, well, maybe Steven o will run for president because the Democratic Party don't have anybody, doesn't have anybody who run for president in four years, so maybe it'll be Stephen A. And I told him on the air, I said, that's because of Trump. Trump opened up the presidency for everybody, and so Steve and A has got a lot of traction with all this. And we'll see what he's got on March thirtieth, you know, because he's coming up against me.
Speaker 2: Bill, if I could direct your attention here for a second, I'm really curious what you're taking is on all this tariff stuff. We haven't really dove into it yet today on the show. I mean we mentioned at the top, but we haven't really done our full segment on it. So just by way of a prep and everybody, what you're going to say, you got Justin Trudeau who's talking tough and saying that Trump wants to take over all of Canada destroy their economy. Mexico tariffs, China tariffs, Canada tariffs, all this stuff. What do you make of this whole thing, because I think it's tough to keep up with a lot of the arguments and a lot of the specifics.
Speaker 3: Well, I know exactly what's going on because on January tewod I sat in a cabinet meeting with President Trump and six advisors and they discussed tarts, So I know what's going on there. It's risky and stock markets down significantly. People don't really understand what tariffs are. With Mexico. You're basically saying you've better knock it off or we're going to break your economy. And I understand that, and I support that. Canada little bit different. I'm not sure what the iyre is now. In the cabbinet meeting that I attended, and that was at President Trump's invitation, there wasn't a clear definition of why Canada and certain EU countries are going to be punished by terms. The overarch is that all of these countries take advantage of the United States economically, which is true, so we buy a lot more gear from them than they buy from US, and their governments make it difficult for US to sell American products in a lot of these countries. That really torques Trump off. He wants that to go away, but in the meantime he risks higher prices, and that'll be disaster for him if that happens. And you know, the trade wars a retaliation. Little Justin Trudeau is out strutting around tonight today about what we're going to do X, Y and Z. I expect this will all calm down, but there is damage being done to the economy now. And I believe President Trump knows that he's a gambler. He wants better deals. But you've got to watch this on an almost hourly basis.
Speaker 1: Bill, I agree with you on tariffs. We'll get into that a little bit on the show. But how would you analyze what happened Friday with Zolensky. You've known Trump for a long time. I would even bet that sometimes you may have gotten a little bit heated with President Trump yourself over different perspectives that you guys may have gotten, you know, crosswise on a little bit. One thing Trump always shows is the guy doesn't hold a grudge, which is so rare in politics. It almost doesn't exist. What is going on here? What was your takeaway from Friday and the subsequent reactions to that.
Speaker 3: Okay, so again I'm right in the middle of this because I know exactly what's happening here, and you're correct. I mean, when I criticize President Trump, I get a caller at tech. I got a call in the middle of a football game at Tottenham Stadium in London in October and he was actually yelling at me, And I said, do you realize eighty thousand people are hearing this call because I had the phone on speaker because I'm in a stadium watching the Jets play the Vikings, and he's yelling at me. I don't care, You're unfair, you know that kind of thing. But you know a week later then he's seeking my counsel, and you're right. He's not a vindictive man when it's policy. When it gets personal, though, watch out now, Zeliski has not into the personal realm. So don't be surprised if tonight some deals annouced or a few days from now, and then the Big Z will be the greatest guy, because that's what Trump does. If he wins and you give him what he wants, then you are the greatest guy. And we've seen it time and time and time again. Now was Alenski. He's immature, That's number one. Everybody listening to Clay and Buck has got to know that he's immature. And by that I mean that he doesn't he's not able to control his emotions. And if you're not able to control your emotions, you're immature. So he walks into the White House and he's all set to sign this deal. He had breakfast with eleven senators at the head I'ms hotel in DC. I knew about that, and this would drove me crazy when it storry broke and the pundits go out and said it was a setup. Remember that. Yeah, I knew that was a lie, and I knew that anybody doing any research on that would have found out what I found out. That there was a big breakfast eleven senators Republicans and Democrats, and there was look, just go along with Donald Trump, do not challenge him, particularly in front of the press. That was the invite. Every single senator gave him the same advice, and he didn't take it because he got emotional. And I understand that his country is suffering. I believe that Zelenski wants to do well by his country. I believe he's a corrupt midget or whatever they call him. I don't believe that, But I don't think he's at the status right now where he understands the big picture. He's immature and he will not accept the fact that Ukraine cannot defeat Russia. Period. They cannot win. No matter how many billions of dollars we send them and US sends them, they can't win. So you want this to go on add infinitum. Then you strut around, you want to settle it. You're going to have to give up a little bit of territory, maybe eight to nine percent of your country.
Speaker 1: It's Bill, can I ask you? Because I think this is really important.
Speaker 2: The people that you know, you've said, you've articulated this well. Clay and I have talked about this. We you meet Clay, we all see this in the same way, which is I think just reality based. The opposition to this, Is it just opposition to Trump getting a win? Is it just the emotions of supporting Ukraine and putting a little flag on your Facebook page. It's too exciting for people to give up because it seems to me, if Ukraine can't win, and if we don't want to keep paying for this for years, ad infinitum, as, you say, what is the alternative to what Trump is trying to accomplish?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 3: Look, when you see a guy like Murphy the Senator go out and say what he said about Trump is, you know, part of the Kremlin or whatever. Ukraine has nothing to do with that. Murphy is going out saying this is what Murphy is saying. I want to destroy Donald Trump, and I'm going to use anything and everything to try to do that. Murphy doesn't know anything about Ukraine. He has no solution to it. I mean, if if Murphy sat across from me to you guys, know, what would happen? Remember Barney Frank, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I do all right?
Speaker 3: I mean I would It would take me three minutes to reduce him to a puddle because he doesn't know anything. But he uses this and so to many others to try to destroy Trump. Not about Ukraine, it's about getting Trump.
Speaker 1: I mean that is just.
Speaker 2: So cynical, even for Democrats. You got people just in a meat grinder, dying in huge numbers on pok.
Speaker 3: Side, calm Murphy up, get him on tomorrow and.
Speaker 4: Say we'll come on.
Speaker 1: You're right about this, come on. Of course he won't come on. None of these guys will come on and actually answer questions, because, to your point, we would slice and dice him to such an extent that that they would be done.
Speaker 3: You have to think about it. All you have to do is ask one question, what's the alternative? How would you settle this? And it's quiet and that Dana Cash on CNN. I used to respect her, She's the one that put him on and she didn't even ask him that question. By the way, Bill is going down to dream. That's why nobody watches it.
Speaker 1: No, they have totally and completely collapsed. Question for you that has nothing to do with all the serious things you mentioned that you were over in London watching a football game. I've done that to pretty fun, actual American football, not soccer. Where should Aaron Rodgers go? And what if he called you for advice instead of President Trump? What would you tell him this to do? There's talk that he's going to go to the Giants.
Speaker 3: Now, no, he's not going to Giants. Yeah, he's through in New York. If I were mister Rogers, who does have some skills left. You've got to go to a team that can protect you, and I probably would look at some of the West Coast teams. He lives in Malibu, which is not a great place to live right now unless you have giant fire retardants.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I would.
Speaker 3: You know, I would probably go to Vegas because Brady owns it, part of it. That's where I probably go. You take a couple of guys with you from the Jets receivers, and you pray that the Raider offensive line can keep you upstanding. You know, you've got four seconds to throw the ball. He can't move. You need four seconds. He gets four, he can throw it. So that's probably what I would do.
Speaker 1: Bill. I'm actually really curious to hear how this thing goes. We'll have to get you on with Steven A and Chris Cuomo to hear how it all goes. When you guys, he is the tour for interesting? Is the tour gonna? Are you gonna do some extra cities or is it just out of Long Island? Are you gonna?
Speaker 3: I might? I might do it, And we got to see how this works. I'm shooting it, so you I'll send you some clips. We got a three camera shoot on it, and I got I gotta see because we're all very busy. And you know, look, I'm ninety five years old, drin How how long can I do this around a country business? But if it goes really well, then I'll do some other cities. But it just depends on how it shakes. So again, it's March thirtieth, Sunday, afternoon three because of the old people coming to see me, and I want to keep them up too late. And I promise this will be one of the best shows that you have ever seen. It's better than Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would be their Bill, but I'm expecting a baby within days of the event, so I think I gotta I gotta hugger down.
Speaker 1: But Clay has no play has he loves to be honest with you. Bill. I like you, but I think i'd rather go see Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: Oh you're out of your mine. You're crazy. This is so much better. And I'm you know, I may sing, I may oh, no, wobble a few tunes and uh, I'm glad you're having a baby because my kid's best thing I've ever done. My son just got it the Georgetown. Awesome, congrats this program. Uh, he's going to be president someday.
Speaker 2: We would not be surprised, does he is? He also six seven because that helps in politics.
Speaker 3: He's six'. Five he's a lacrosse. Player but the most important, thing he's, honest and he's kind and his personality is not at all like, mine which makes him one lucky.
Speaker 1: Guy bill, O'Reilly, Everybody, bill thank you so. Much as, Always, well let's have let's talk again before the event to make sure everybody we got a big long island. Listenership let's make sure we get a lot of folks out there because Then clay's going to make you go To nashville and you know we're gonna were to take this thing on the. Road thanks for sure.
Speaker 3: Time appreciate, It, mike That's bill.
Speaker 1: O'Reilly you, know if you want to get a really good, education he mentioned that his son is going to be A. Georgetown but you don't have to go to An Ivy league institution or an elite school Like. Georgetown you can just go To Hillsdale college's online offerings and find out everything you need to know About World war, One World WAR, ii The Roman, empire all of these different awesome stories that maybe you didn't pay a lot of attention to when you were in college or when you were in high. School and now you don't have to worry about grades or what time to get to a. Class you get to watch it at Clayanbuckfor hillsdale Dot com learning just for learning's. Sake That's clayanbuck For hillsdale Dot. Com get hooked up. Today we love the guys At Hillsdale. College clay And buck Four hillsdale Dot. Com want to begin to know when you're on the.
Speaker 5: Go The team forty seven Podcast Trump highlights from the Week somedays at.
Speaker 1: Noon eastern in The clay And buck podcast.
Speaker 5: Feed find it on The iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your.
Speaker 2: Podcasts all, right so welcome back To clay And. Buck we had mentioned. This we'll just just spend a couple of minutes on. This then we're gonna get into the tariffs and the big. News BUT i JUST i think it is interesting because we both watched this show because our wives like the show and it's good enough that we enjoy it. Too White lotus ON, hbo and there was a scene where these. Three you can tell there are three women of means in. There i'd say they're all about forty five, ish, right maybe think that's about forty. Five and they figure, out, well and they're in this five star resort In, thailand which is where the whole show is. Set and they figure, out wait a, second once FROM, la one's From New. York one is From, Austin. Texas Now texas obviously read But. Austin you never. Know this is how the exchange goes play.
Speaker 1: IT i didn't know you went to? Church oh, yeah we go Every. Sunday, yeah ever since we moved To. Austin is it like a real textan, church like With bible? Thumpers and, well the people are more conservative than LIKE la people or Like New. York is that weird for? You why would it be? WEIRD i don't.
Speaker 3: Know IF i was just around a bunch Of texans who voted For, TRUMP i GUESS i just feel a little.
Speaker 1: Alienated they're nice, people really good, families. Cool but do you ever talk politics with? Them Sometimes i'm going to get. Awkward why would? It because, wait are you A? Republican?
Speaker 4: No, Wow i'm an?
Speaker 1: Independent But davis an? Independent since when you did not vote For? Trump, though did? You are we really going to talk About trump? TONIGHT i just love this same. BUCK i have had versions of. That this like that is exactly how it. Goes The libs keep digging, in digging a little. More they're a little, outrage but they want that. Reassurance, wait, wait, Wait i've BEEN i Mean i've been on first dates where it was like, that except it was, wait you you work For Glenn? Beck like, That Glen, beck what do you do you like? Guns And i'm, like, yes That's Glenn beck AND i love. Guns and that was the. End there was no second. DATE i bet there are hundreds of thousands of people out there listening to us right, now maybe even, millions that have had a conversation that is very similar to. That because twelve million more people voted For trump in twenty twenty four than twenty, sixteen a lot of people have come on board The trump. Train AND i think women in particular probably are responding to that because you got THE la and let me say this. Book this is WHY i think this is. Significant this is probably the most popular show for entertainment people IN la And New. York would you guess like everybody in the entertainment industry in those two cities watching this, show and they aren't playing Now, Austin texas not THE i think a lot of you out there are Like. Austin they.
Speaker 2: Should she should have been From dallas Or. Houston austin would Be that did throw you. Off, yeah but, again the vibe reed is not. Perfect but WHAT i thought was interesting is and there's a later scene where the women are talking about this other woman and they're like gossiping about.
Speaker 1: Her how in the world could she be Voting? Trump they're not playing The trump voter as the cheap, laughs stupid redneck un.
Speaker 2: Intel they're not going they're not Going Tom hanks FROM snl that's right where he really he really just it was unfunny and took cheap shots in. It they're not even it's just pathetic because the cheap shots don't even. Land and it just showed that he's living in some alternate political. Reality but, no that's that's what's so interesting is is The trump voter. Woman if you watch this, scene you, know all through the women are, like you, know they're very, attractive they're very well. Dressed, Right so there's no. Wealthy they're very wealthy educated. Women but The trump voter is the most at least in this. Exchange, now there's more episodes to. Common for all we, know she could have like a pill addiction and be. Crazy you, know this is you being the. Killer they could still you, know the awful Deranged trump.
Speaker 1: Supporter but but the way they nailed the they nailed the dynamic of democrats for a long. Time.
Speaker 2: Now think in any social, situation in any whether you're in the, workplace whether you're at a you, know a friends, barbecue a cocktail, party if they are surprised to find A trump voter or A, republican which same thing, now but in the midst they think that they're allowed to take some kind of umbrage and put you through some, interrogation whereas on the other, side it's, like, yeah you've voted For, Kamala like, sorry you don't have good, judgment but enjoy your, Burger.
Speaker 1: Like we don't. Care, yeah that's, right that's. Right and this reminds me Of Adam, carolla AND i guarantee you there's a lot of our listeners In california right now that are nodding along in a big. Way WHAT i found In corolla mentioned this on the air with Us, buck is that there are a lot of people who are working on, shows the, grips the camera, guys the set, builders who will come up and say, privately like, man thank you for what you're, saying like you nailed it. Right. Like in other, words the people standing in front of the camera oftentimes are more outspoken politically on the. LEFT a lot of the people that put these shows, on that make them physically possible are Actually trump. Supporters and the other thing about this is, Increasingly, buck a lot of people who stand in front of the camera are still kind of, hiding but they're also starting to take like that half step out where we mentioned this with like, comedians there are a lot of comedians out there that Are trump supporting. COMEDIANS a lot of the people that you watch and, like but they don't really Want AND i get. It if my job was to talk to one hundred percent of people and make them, LAUGH i wouldn't want to come out stridently necessarily on one political side of the equation or. Not IF i had. Everybody this is my argument With Michael jordan back in the Day republicans by sneakers. Too why were you not? Political, Like i'm a great basketball. Player why WOULD i want fifty percent of the population to like me less as a basketball player because of my. Politics doesn't make any sense to. Me BUT i do think this is a super popular show and it is indicative of a major vibe. Shift AND i don't know how many of you watch, it BUT i guarantee, you if you're In New York city OR la media entertainment, circles this is probably the show that they watch more than any. Other and it struck me On. Sunday it's Struck buck. Two we wanted to play that for, you even if you don't watch it as what the bibeshift can feel.
Speaker 2: Like you, know you, know five years, ago or maybe even two years, ago maybe even six months, ago The trump voter in a pop culture context on AN hbo show would have been you, know, yeah, LIKE i don't know, anything BUT i just Love america and have my.
Speaker 1: Flag you, know it would have been.
Speaker 2: Mockery it would have been much more likely to be, oh aren't They they're right to be outraged that this woman voted For, trump or that you, know we're led to believe she voted For, Trump whereas now what it exposed a little more was these, libs these left wingers are living in this delusion where they don't realize that more than half the country voted For, trump and they probably know a lot of people who voted For.
Speaker 1: Trump not only that. Too some of you out there always, SAY i don't know why you watch a show LIKE i watch lots of shows where people might hate my politics BECAUSE i THINK i can appreciate somebody's talent in something while also recognizing that they may not have the same opinion as. ME i don't presume that everybody is going to think the exact same as. Me doesn't MEAN i can't like a movie or a television show or a sport for that. Matter BUT i do think that this is emblematic of a recognition that there are a lot of people like you and Me buck out, There AND i bet there's a ton of women who love White lotus two that almost in, FACT i go into my, MENTIONS i, BET i bet you've had a conversation almost identical to what those three women just had at some point over the last eight. YEARS i think huge majorities of the women listening to us right now who Voted trump have had a conversation like that with their g.
Speaker 2: FRIENDS i think more women than, men speaking of women who drink too much. Chardonnay Justin trudeau here he is amazing. Transition thank. You here he is on the tariff. Issue he was In, Ottawa canada today and he's he's very. Upset he is not having a good one, here very upset with the. Tariffs and this is what he says is going to. Happen play.
Speaker 7: One they've chosen to launch a trade war that will first and foremost Harm american. Families they've chosen to sabotage their own agenda that was supposed to usher in a new golden age for The United. States and they've chosen to undermine the incredible work we've done together to tackle the scourge that is, fentanyl a drug that must be wiped from the face of the. Earth so on that, point let me be crystal, clear there is absolutely no justifiction or need whatsoever for these tariffs, Today, clay.
Speaker 2: How much of what's going? On bill O'Reilly mentioned this earlier in The hours a great. Interview go back and listen if you missed. It on the Clan buck. Podcast how much of this we Know, mexico there's there's very real national, security, fentinel economic a whole range of issues that the tariffs touch on there that we you, know that's its own set of. Things With, canada how much of this is Just trump wants to Give Justin trudeau a weggie and push him into the locker in front of.
Speaker 1: Everybody you.
Speaker 2: KNOW i wonder how much of this is driven by just Teaching trudeau a. LESSON i think it's an interesting.
Speaker 1: Question the tariff debate in general is a difficult one BECAUSE i don't know where the end goal actually rest Buck WHEREAS i can tell, you, Hey trump definitely wants to cease fire In, ukraine and he wants there to be peace, there and he wants peace in The Middle, east what is the sweat spot on the. TARIFF i don't have an answer on, that RIGHT i don't have a direct. Answer, obviously big picture it is we need to manufacture more goods in The United. States we need more jobs in The United. STATES i understand. That but in terms of practical, impact what is the sweet spot where he would, say, hey you know, what this is where we're getting the balance that we WANT i don't know, it and SO i think that is the more challenging aspect of. THIS i do think That trump feels That canada And mexico have taken advantage of The United states and trade agreements for some, time AND i do think he's accurate about, that and that we have, bled to a large extent a lot of our manufacturing jobs as a. RESULT i think he's correct about, that and That mexico is not doing enough to stop the flow of, fentanyl which is killing one hundred thousand people a year in The United. States all of those things. True china of facilitating that as. Well but what does success look like? There success In ukraine is no more no more were people. Dying success in The Middle east is no more. War what is success on? TARIFFS i don't. Know the answer to. That bordi of success is nobody crossing, illegally which we. GOT i think What trump wants ultimately is reciprocity from these countries because there are a lot of tariffs that they have AGAINST us. Goods and this is where people in this, argument you, know W'ERE i, Understand we're we're told by the.
Speaker 2: The economic expert industrial complex that tariffs are, attacks and tariffs are, bad and tariffs can't we won't help. Us right, there there's STILL i think a pretty broad sense of that going. On and yet why does why Does china have all these tariffs AGAINST us? Goods why Does canada have all these? Tariffs why does THE eu have all these tariffs against THE us? Goods if it's so manifestly not advantageous to have, tariffs why do these countries have them against? Us And CLAY i think that also leads to What trump wants is for them not to do. That and so by saying and this is a little bit like the trade war issue With. China from the First trump, administration people kept, saying oh, no he's going to start a trade war With. China anybody who understood THE Us china trade situation would tell.
Speaker 1: You we were already in a trade. War it's just.
Speaker 2: They were fighting it and we were getting the short end of the. Stick, so you, know instead of a one way trade, war all of a, sudden it turned into both people would were playing. Hardball SO i think that's just his baseline mentality on, this but it.
Speaker 1: Might get a little rocky. Year everyone AND i, WENT i went YESTERDAY i couldn't find any eggs in the grocery. Store have you ever see have you had that? YET i got to probably check at a, shock you. Buck BUT i do not do a great deal of shopping for The travis family when it comes to. Groceries when was the last? Time when was the last Time laura sent you solo to the grocery store for more than one or two? Things, yeah like fifteen years. AGO i, mean Like i'm gone to buy. Diapers i'm gone to buy LIKE i, mean she sends me with pictures of things THAT i need to buy on an individual. Basis BUT i don't Think i've been to the grocery store and like filled an entire grocery cart in like maybe in our entire. MARRIAGE i don't, know certainly in like fifteen. Years oh, man this is this is good, stuff all. RIGHT a week from, Tomorrow i'm doing something exciting with my dad appearing online in a conversation you don't want to.
Speaker 2: Miss is as far more to do with my father's expertise than. Mine but you're gonna find it really interesting and you could benefit big. Time, LOOK i grew up In New York, city as you, know my dad made his living researching and predicting the stock. Market he was good at it, too and his line of. Work you're a hero if your predictions don't come or if your predictions come. True if they, don't you got a fair amount of additional homework to do and Some i'm, explaining but Thankfully dad was right on the big. Ones all that to. Say Next, Wednesday i'm hosting that video seminar with my dad where he'll make another big forecast on the. Markets write this date Down march twelfth at eleven Am eastern eight am on The West. Coast it'll be online in video form and super easy for you to register free of charge Online. Montessey, aside my dad created quite a name for himself On Wall street with his biggest prediction back in eighty seven when he called the crash in advance by eleven. Days he also called the crash for his clients in two thousand and. Nine these predictions are too numerous to get into it all the details right, now so go register for the upcoming conversation On march twelfth online and you'll see it's just an hour before this program starts that. Day to sign up for the free, event it's a free. Event to sign, up go To disruption twenty twenty five dot. Com That's disruption twenty twenty five dot, com paid for By Paradigm.
Speaker 1: Press news you can.
Speaker 3: Count, on and some laughs.
Speaker 1: Too Clay travis at Buck.
Speaker 5: Sexton find them on the Free iHeartRadio, app or wherever you get your.
Speaker 1: Podcasts