Speaker 1: Hey, it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast.
Speaker 2: Do Hey, it's Delilah. I get so many calls every night from family and friends who have loved ones serving overseas, courageous men and women of all ages, families with newborn babies, grand babies, new spouses, new homes, and yet these brave men and women sacrifice so much for us. And whether you agree or disagree with what's going on, please please pray for those who are deployed in their families here at home.
Speaker 1: Hello, good evening, Welcome, It's Delilah.
Speaker 3: Who's with me on the phone line?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 5: Mariam, Zoey, Hi Zoe?
Speaker 3: How are you tonight?
Speaker 4: I got it?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm wonderful. Tell me what you are most grateful for? You sound like you have a heart filled with gratitude tonight.
Speaker 5: Tonight, I'm most grateful for my husband. He is deploying shortly, so I'm just grateful for him and the sacrifices he makes.
Speaker 1: So deploying out on a ship, on a submarine, or do we get to know he's the Arnie so neither neither of those, neither not going. I'm thinking of my son in law who's in the navy. Sorry, let me switch gears here. Do you know where he's going?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's going to Africa.
Speaker 1: And what song can I play for you as he packs his bags?
Speaker 5: Honestly, it's up to you. Like I have listened to you since I was little, so you've never steered me wrong, So it's up to you.
Speaker 3: Ah, thank you.
Speaker 1: So hubby's going away, and while he's on, do you have work kids?
Speaker 3: What keeps you occupied?
Speaker 5: I'm a nurse and we have a jog who very high energy.
Speaker 1: So he's serving our country in the military. You're serving our country as a nurse, saving people, helping people, blessing people, and trying to stay healthy in the midst of all sorts of things going around.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I guess what we're doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you both.
Speaker 1: Thank you both for your sacrifices and your big hearts. And I will find the perfect song to keep you close together though you'll be miles apart.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Hi, good evening.
Speaker 4: Who is this Trey Tai pronounce.
Speaker 1: Oh Chai, I love Chai te Chai Ti la tee.
Speaker 3: What can I do for you?
Speaker 4: Chai wondering if you could play a song for me?
Speaker 3: What's wrong? You sound sad?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm kind of sad because I'm missing my husband. My husband's in the Navy and we hadn't seen each other in two and a half years, and then he finally came home and we got married and it was the best month of my whole life. It went by so quick. And the day that he left, I found out later on that night that I'm pregnant. And he's just so special to me, and he's just calling all the time and checking up on me, and you know, he's always saying, I just want to make sure that I'm doing everything right and I'm doing everything I can do for you, and he's so caring, he's so perfect. I just love him so much, and I just want to make sure that he knows that me and the baby are going to be right here waiting for him, no matter what. He's stationed over there for a year. Time he gets back, the baby, you'll already be born.
Speaker 3: And do you know if it's a boy or a girl yet?
Speaker 4: No, I don't know yet, but we'll be finding out, And.
Speaker 1: What song do you want to hear for your beloved who is missing this part? You know, it's sad that he's missing out on this. Vidia kind of feel like God gave you the pregnancy and the baby to focus on, so your heart's not quite so empty.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think I felt so bad when he was gone the first time, and it's like God gave me a little piece of him to keep with me, and I'm glad.
Speaker 3: God bless you and the baby.
Speaker 2: Thank you too, Bye bye, honey, buye.
Speaker 1: Hi Amber, thank you for calling Hi, Delilah.
Speaker 3: What can I do for you tonight?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: I was just wondering if you could play a song to me and my husband Steve. We were married about six ago and he is deployed to Morocco. He laughed a week ago to day.
Speaker 3: So what can I play for your hubby who's deployed.
Speaker 1: I don't know now. Is this a song for him or is this a song for you because you're missing him so much?
Speaker 6: I think it's for me because when he left, I gave him a card for every week that he was gone, and gave him some books about like one hundred reasons Why I Love You and set him up for his deployment, and then I was like, well I need a song.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, I'm the one that's going to be missing him every night. But see, you gave him all those cards and notes and books. But every love song I play, and every call that I take from somebody in your shoes who's missing somebody, know that that's God's.
Speaker 3: Little love note to you. Thank you seriously.
Speaker 1: When you hear the songs like Amazed Yes, which is the song that's on my heart for you right now. Every time you hear that, know that that is your your gift from God and your husband for you.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Delilah.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, thank you for calling.
Speaker 6: Thank you for your show.
Speaker 3: Deilah, Hi, thank you for calling. You found Delilah. Who is this? This is Ashley, Hi, Ashley. How is your night going?
Speaker 4: Oh? That's going good.
Speaker 1: For the myst part, I was going to say, that is not a very convincing it's going good kind of not really well.
Speaker 5: My husband's going he went to the military.
Speaker 4: He's on basic right now.
Speaker 5: So the kids and I are just missing.
Speaker 1: On and you're trying not to cry because you're missing him so much.
Speaker 5: I am because next week will be my first birthday without him for sixteen years. So, yeah, we were high school sweethearts.
Speaker 1: I wish I could give you a big hug. With all the craziness going on in the world. Are you a little anxious about that too?
Speaker 5: A little bit? I'm just excited for graduation from basics.
Speaker 1: Are you going to pull over when we're finished talking so you can just have a good cry before you get home.
Speaker 5: I'm in a Walmart parking lot.
Speaker 3: That's a good place to cry.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There are times I have to go get in my car and drive to the back of my property so the kids don't see me out the window and just that's where I let it out. That's where mamma gets her cry on. Oh it's hard.
Speaker 4: I have little one so like my little ones with me right.
Speaker 3: Now, so you got to hold it together. Yep, Ashley. What's your baby's name?
Speaker 5: My little one that's with me now is Zolle. And then I have one at home that's name is Bryson.
Speaker 3: I will play a song for you and your family. Thank you for calling.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I so hope you have enjoyed these ratings moments as much as I enjoy bringing them.
Speaker 3: To you.
Speaker 1: I'll share more with you each weekday on Hey It's Delilah, del