Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news. The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers it's a podcast is with Lisa Mateo. Pray tell which stocks move it.
Speaker 3: Let's go with Nvidio. Okay, we'll start there at NVDA. Their shares have been up as much as one percent. A lot of this centering on their chips, So we don't write President Trump approved the exports of those h two hundred chips. But now you have this report from Reuters that Byte Dance, who you know from TikTok Ali Baba, they're also looking to order them. The companies reporting the waiting for the green light from China to place the orders. These are reports, but just wanted to put there out there.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: There's another report though. That's one's about their Blackwell chips, which the US has forbidden from being exports to China. But the information says that Deep Seek, that's that Chinese AI startup. They've been developing its next major model using them. And it's kind of this weird way. So basically they're sent to data centers and countries that are allowed to buy them, and then the servers with the chips are dismantled, and then the equipment is imported in pieces to China.
Speaker 2: It's really controversy. It's very to say. At least Paul Advidia thirty six thousand people, Netflix fourteen thousand people. They got about the same valuation. Yeah, and after synergies, I guess Netflix then becomes more reasonably priced. How do you trade Casablanca?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but they're going to figure it out.
Speaker 3: So they're just looking for more content. Content is king, as somebody once said, Oh it's still nailed that ye. Next this is this is Paul's favorite cracker barrel. Okay, you're killing Yes, yes, they're just taking a hit today. Down six percent. The logo change, I mean they wanted to remove Uncle Hershel okay, and people did not like it. They wanted to update the dining rooms. People did not like that the modern feel. So they said basically, they expect sales to fall faster than they previously expected. At CEO set, a recovery is going to take time. Foot traffic has fallen eleven percent in the current quarter. Visits have kind of stabilized in recent weeks. But they're looking to off this set the slowdown, right, They want to cut costs. They said it should deliver about twenty to twenty five million in savings. They're changing the marketing strategy. Okay, so they're trying to renew those ties with those core customers, right. So they're focusing on NASCAR, they're focusing on college football, they're focusing on country music veterans. And that's kind of what where they're going back to at this point.
Speaker 2: But the bottom line here, I mean, I'm getting the map up right now, Paul. I mean a week for securities cracker barrel was the Dow Jones equivalent. Absolutely, Oh yeah, when there's like fourteen cracker barrels around Richmond, Virginia.
Speaker 1: Same thing for Durham, North Carolina.
Speaker 2: Same thing for Bowling Green, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: So there's a few here in the metro area, so you can go to one.
Speaker 2: There's five around Richmond. Yep.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and they're all I think like ninety percent of the stores are within half a mile of an interstate.
Speaker 2: That's kind of the you see it as you're driving.
Speaker 3: It's a round trip place. Yes, definitely. That's the last time I when I drove to Florida. Okay, I want to end with Game Stop GM sliding about six percent. Yeah, the og memes j who no so recorded lower revenue in the fiscal third quarter.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: The breakdown is so you have hardware, accessories, and software to sales. Those all decline. The only thing that was a bright spot for them were collectibles, were they increase about fifty percent. And then you have that bitcoin tie too with game Stop. I mean they bought more than forty seven hundred bitcoin in May and June. It's holdings valued at about five hundred and nineteen million at the closure to the third quarter. When you compare that to the second quarter, that second quarter was five hundred and twenty eight million, so a little bit less when it comes.
Speaker 1: To it's the Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.