Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is Verdict with Ted Cruz and the week in Review Ben Ferguson with you. And these are the major stories that you may have missed that we talked about this week. First up, Donald Trump now responding to an Iranian plot to take his own life and why do we only find out about this after election day? We'll dive into that in just a moment. Also, Kamala Harris blew through a billion dollars with her campaign, and she made a lot of people rich in the process. So why is it that so many celebrities took major paychecks from donors instead of quote doing the right thing to support Kamala will break down the money and who got rich. Also, the purpose of secret ballot for selecting the Senate majority leader, Well, what actually happened behind the scenes? Center Cruse and I break down exactly how that vote took place. It's the Weekend Review and it starts right now. You hear this plot and you sit there and you go, how on earth has the Biden Hearris administration allowed Iran to get to this point where they can just easily go out into the United States of America knock on people's doors in America get away with this and not hold them accountable for any of this while they're also attacking Israel. And the question is number one, let's start with the real political aspect of this. What is a Trump administration response seed to be with this. I'm not saying because they were targeting Trump. I'm saying the president of the United States of America, regardless of who that person is, should never allow Ran to feel this comfortable on American soil to do this, much less plan to take out our president or a former president of the United States of America.
Speaker 3: Well, election day was a fantastic day for America. It was fantastic day for everyone who wants to see jobs, who wants to see border security, who wants to see national security enhanced. But it was a terrible, terrible day for the Ayatola and the Iranian Malahs. Four years Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, with a support of every Democrat in Congress, they have funneled over one hundred billion dollars to Iran. It's not just that Biden Harris allowed Iran to do this, they paid for it. One hundred billion dollars is a lot of money. I'm here to tell you that is going to end. In January of next year. The Trump administration is going to cut off the money. That's going to be the beginning. And I expect serious consequences for Iran repeatedly trying to murder President Trump. I don't know what those consequences will be, but I guarantee you the Iatolas are the Iotola and the Mullahs are deeply, deeply worried and scared and the brazenness of this. And look understand, the Justice Department knew about this. They deliberately did not make it public until after election day. I think they had a judgment, well, gosh, if people know that Iran is like actively trying to murder Trump, if they know the details of this, that's going to end up benefiting Trump's let's just keep it quiet and well Trump one.
Speaker 2: So then it was cover your ables. Is that a fair way of describing this?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: And no. I mean, look, they had to file the complaint at some point, so they're prosecuting these folks, So it was inevitable that it would be filed, because you can't prosecute them without filing the indictment and bringing charges. The timing the fact that they did not say anything public. Look, DOJ has long standing rules that you're not supposed to do anything to interfere in an election. I would say that that foiling an assassination attempt by a foreign government is not DOJ doing something to interfere with an election. It is instead DJ doing its job. And I think the public has a right to know that. But and so I think their decision to bury it and listen under Joe Biden, this Biden Department of Justice, if there's one thing they know how to do, it is leak. Merrick Garland and his team, they leak like crazy when the story. When the story suits them politically, they give it to all their buddies in the press. This thing stayed absolutely silent until after election day. They also kept silent uh the the murder attempt of the US citizen by Iran, because it also shows the incredible weakness of this administration, just how much they've had boldened Iran that they feel that they can carry out attempted murder plots on US soil. It is a real demonstration of the basic principle that that weakness invites hostility. In this case, Iran was only emboldened by Joe Biden, Kamala Harris's weakness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Fox News when they reported on this, it was very interesting to see how they report it. And I want to play this people, and I want you to think about why you didn't know this before Election day.
Speaker 4: Listen, the Justice Department unsealing criminal charges in a thwarted Iranian plot to kill President elect Donald Trump in the lead up to this week's election. Welcome everybody. I'm deal cabudo. There's still a lot we don't we know about this, but David spun piecing together what we do, David.
Speaker 6: Neil, we know it's just another threat coming from Iran directed at President elect Donald Trump. The man that authorities are looking for is a fifty one year old who is allegedly working with the Iranian regime on a plan to kill Trump.
Speaker 5: His name is Farhad Shakiri.
Speaker 6: Authorities believe he's in Iran right now as I speak to you. According to a criminal complaint on Seal today, Shakiri demanded large sums of money for working on this plot to kill Trump over the past few months. At stated in a complaint, Shakiri indicated to an Iran Iranian government official that this would cost a huge amount of money. In response, the Iranian officials said, we have already spent a lot of money, so the money's not an issue. In a statement from FBI Director Christopher Ray, he says the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, a designated foreign terrorist organization, has been conspiring with criminals and hitmen to target and gun down Americans on US soil, and that simply won't be tolerated. Thanks to the hard work of the FBI, their deadly schemes were disrupted.
Speaker 2: By the way they said. And this is the part I want to ask you. They said it was won't be tolerated. I'm not sure I believe that based on what we know now. It seems like we've been tolerating Iran basically doing whatever the hell they want to do for quite some time in the world.
Speaker 3: Well, that's right. And look, it's important to understand a lot of the press when they talk about Donald Trump's foreign policy, they mischaracterize it. There are a lot of folks that characterized Trump as an isolationist. That's not remotely the case. I mean, part of the reason Iran is so angry is because remember Trump took out he killed General Solomony. General Solomony was responsible for orchestrating the murder of over six hundred American servicemen and women. He was one of the leading terrorists in the world, and Iran's the leading state sponsor of terrorism, and Donald Trump took him out. Donald Trump also enforced the oil sections, pulled out of the Iran deal, brought the Iranian economy to its knees, cut off their money, had the regime ready to topple. That is strength what Trump rightly did. And by the way, on all of those steps, I was urging Trump to proceed to vigorously defend us against Iran. What Trump also did, though, is he did not get us in foreign wars. It is amazing how the weakness and appeasement of the left gets it exactly backwards. They're eager to get us and mesh and foreign wars all over the world, but they're not willing to be strong against people who actually are trying to kill us. And in this instance, there are going to be very very real consequences for Iran. The first will be economic. Their money is going to disappear, but there's going to be consequences that are a lot more real world than just dollars and cents.
Speaker 1: Finally center some breaking news.
Speaker 2: I just want to get your quick thoughts on this because it's an interesting story and it's really just a sad story. I think it's a such a sad story for the people that are hurting, who were needing the help of their government. It has come out now that a FEMA official ordered relief workers to deliberately and purposely skip the houses of people that have been affected by the hurricane that had Trump signs up. A whistle blower came forward, so it's almost unbelievable to think that somebody in the federal government would think that's okay. I'm actually, by the way, not surprised, unfortunately, that there are people in this Biden Harris government that would say, screw those that are Trump supporters and don't give them government aid even after a hurricane.
Speaker 1: Yet this did happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this story, it's a story of an incredible abuse of power and just a brazen partisanship that sadly it typifies what has happened throughout the Biden Harris administration. I want to give credit to the Daily Wire. The Daily Wire broke this story. It also illustrates how so called mainstream media, the corporate meet does not actually report on real news. It took the Daily Wire to make this public. It's also the Daily Wire that broke the stories in Loudon County couple of years ago about the teenage girl who was sexually assaulted in the bathroom by the boy wearing a skirt, because again, the corporate media wouldn't report on it.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: In this instance, the Daily Wire reported that that instructions were given to FEMA workers that said, and they actually have screenshots of the instructions that say, quote implement best practices. No one goes anywhere alone, avoid homes advertising TRUMP, practice de escalation and preventative measures. Communicate with and follow the rules. Bring a towel with yourself in the field. Frequent breaks, and drink water. Avoid high salt diets and coffee. Coconut water is a fast way to replenish your electrolytes quickly. So this is written instructions for emergency emergency workers who are dealing with the aftermath of a hurricane a natural disaster, and they are told in writing avoid homes advertising TRUMP. Now, Now, look, this only happens when you absolutely normalize the weaponization of government against the enemies of your regime. This is this particular individual was caught, and this person's been fired. Now, of course she's been fired, she should have been fired. But the broader question was what kind of culture was there that made you think you should explicitly say hey, and and I mean these are this is providing put it in right.
Speaker 2: Comfortable enough to put it in writing. Yep, yeah, wonder what else is in writing that that that is exactly right? And you know, one of the employees who was one of the whistleblowers said, quote, I know their short staff. I thought we could go help and make a difference. When we got there, we were told to discriminate against people. It's almost unbelievable to think that somebody in the federal government would think that's okay. The employee said that it felt wrong to discriminate against Trump supporters when they were at their most vulnerable.
Speaker 5: Quote.
Speaker 3: I volunteered to help disaster victims, not discriminate against them. It didn't matter if people were black, white, Hispanic, for Trump, for Harris. Everyone deserves the same amount of help. That would be actually the government doing its job. But sadly, too many in the Biden Harris administration. Too many on the left that they have convinced themselves Trump is hitler. Anyone who supports him as garbage, and therefore you can do anything possible to go after them. It's a really sad example of just how weaponized this administration's gotten.
Speaker 2: I hope this inspires others if there are other stories out there, other emails and things in writing like this that will be brought forward. I am glad by the way that the woman's been fired, But the question that I have to ask after that is, well, were there any laws broken?
Speaker 1: And I hope they look at that as well well.
Speaker 3: And Ben and Ben, let me let me say, if you go into the story, there are photos from the cysts the federal relief workers used to track the homes they visited, and it showed that they followed the written guidance. Several addresses were marked as quote not able to access property, with listed explanations such as quote Trump sign, no entry per leadership, quote per leadership, no stop Trump flag quote Trump sign end quote Trump sign, no contact per leadership.
Speaker 1: This was.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was carried out by supervision that the name of the individual is someone Marnie Washington is the one who issued this order. Marnie Washington has been fired, but this was an organization where this order was.
Speaker 5: Par for the course.
Speaker 2: Now, if you want to hear the rest of this conversation, you can go back and listen to the full podcast from earlier this week. Now onto story number two, Senator. One other story is Donald Trump is getting his cabinet together and making appointments. That has not gotten a lot of attention is the take out the trash everybody throwing everybody under the bus in the Biden camp, the Harris camp. We find out she blew through a billion dollars. She's upside down in debt. They're begging for money with text messages to liberals saying we need your help with accounting of the votes and give money. Now, I wish I was joking, but I'm not, and I don't know. Someone said eighteen twenty million upside down. And then we found out where a lot of the donations actually went. The donations were going to celebrities. Oprah's had to come out after there was a million dollar check given to her Quote production company for production of a one day sit down interview that we many people saw on TV with Oprah. It doesn't cost a million dollars to produce that, but that was the price tag. And then we found out that there were a lot of celebrities that were being paid.
Speaker 1: To act like they loved Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: And there are some Democratic donors that are livid right now over the price tag on this.
Speaker 3: You know, there's a terrific article in the Spectator World entitled Kamala Harris ran the Fry Festival of Campaigns and it points out that Trump's campaign spent roughly four hundred and eighty eight million dollars and Kamala spent more than a billion, So she outspent Trump more than two to one. And Kamala's campaign ended up twenty million dollars in debt. Well, it turns out where did that money go. Well, one of the things that went to is they paid many of the quote unquote celebrities who supported her. We were getting paid and getting paid significant sums. So for example, remember the Call Me Daddy podcast? Yeah, well apparently the campaign spent upwards of six figures to build a custom set for her appearance on the podcast, and the podcast netted only eight hundred thousand downloads. Less than a million downloads. Look, Ben, you and I we have roughly a million unique listeners. If she wanted eight hundred thousand downloads, I'll tell you, Kamala right now, even though you've lost Ben and I will invite you on Verdict right now. We will welcome you. We will not charge you to build a set, so you can save all your money. And you paid Oprah a million dollars for production costs, we will charge you for production costs on Verdict. What do you think fifty bucks?
Speaker 1: Sure? I think I took a fair price. Fifty bucks.
Speaker 3: Fifty bucks will get you a very nice coffee cup with some Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee. That's what we'll spend the fifty bucks on. And you can reach the same number of people all right. By the way, she also turned down Joe Rogan, so call me daddy. Got eight hundred thousand dowarsad, How how many do you think Joe Rogan's interview.
Speaker 1: Of Donald Trump got a lot more than that?
Speaker 5: Forty seven million?
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a lot. That's a lot.
Speaker 3: So there were also seven swing state concerts with expensive performers, and it turns out every one of them they got a price. It is the world's oldest profession and they are charging for it. So who are the performers that got paid millions of dollars? Katie Perry, Lady Gaga, John bon Jovi, Ricky Martin.
Speaker 2: Hold On, you're telling me none of these people were like doing it for free because they were all in for Kama.
Speaker 1: They wanted to get paid.
Speaker 3: Show me the money. They ended up spending more than twenty million dollars on event production alone. Oprah, as you noted, charged a million dollars and and they went so far into debt that the campaign allegedly had to scrap Alanis Morisset. They were planning to do a lon of Morris set and they said, no, okay, we can't afford her anymore.
Speaker 5: Nevermind.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is truly stunning, and you've got to wonder, Like I gotta say, I don't get paying millions of dollars for celebrities to fake endorse someone she spent paid money to.
Speaker 5: What Beyonce?
Speaker 1: Well, let's go over the big ones.
Speaker 2: This is coming from Fox and I'm gonna play this this audio.
Speaker 1: Take a listen.
Speaker 2: This is again from Fox, as they were going through how much cash was spent.
Speaker 7: I can't get over these numbers. Ten million dollars for Beyonce to step up and back Kamala Harris publicly, five million for Megan the Stallion, three million for Lizzo, one point eight million for em and M is that.
Speaker 2: Those numbers are unbelievable if you just look at them. And I was like, hold on a second, and I went back and watched that clip a couple of different times, because you've got them.
Speaker 1: Ten million for Beyonce.
Speaker 2: If you're a donor and you wrote a big check Meghan, this Stallion, five million, Lizzo three million and one point eight million, I called on, I just raised all this money for you, and this is how you spent it.
Speaker 3: Look, I gotta say I've run a bunch of campaigns. I ran my first campaign for Senate in twenty twelve. I ran my next campaign for president in twenty sixteen. We won twelve states all over the country. I ran my next campaign for Senate again in twenty eighteen, and I just finished running my most recent campaign for Senate reelect a third term in twenty twenty four. I can tell you, in the whole time, I've never paid any one a million dollars for anything. I don't think we paid any entertainers. I don't know of any entertainers we paid. Maybe at some point we paid five or ten grand for someone performing at some party. I'm not aware of it, but I can tell you this. Look our stars, now, to be clear, the stars we have at our events are are international, supermodeled, global talents like Ben Ferguson.
Speaker 5: And I gotta tell you.
Speaker 2: Want that ten million dollar payday once in my career, like oh yeah, beyondest, Yeah yeah, I'm all in for the cause, but I just seed ten million to make it happen.
Speaker 5: Okay, Ben, To be clear, we don't pay you ten dollars.
Speaker 1: No, that's.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm a fiscal conservative, damn it.
Speaker 3: If you want to be there and you believe in saving the country, stand up and save the country.
Speaker 5: And if not, get the hell out.
Speaker 3: But like, what is it with these lefties who ironically they want to put socialists in office, who make it impossible for people to earn a living, and yet they're such capitalists that they're like, show me the money to do it. I mean, there is an intense hypocrisy on this.
Speaker 2: I believe this, and I'm not just saying this because this moment in this headline, But I'm being dead serious. This could be a huge problem for Democratic cants moving forward because when you see this type of abuse campaign finance money from donors, those same donors, somebody's going to be asking them for money and four years or less than four years from now.
Speaker 3: And I'm the next time Beto O'Rourke, Collin all Red jumps on a stage with with Willie Nelson, Everyone's going to ask how much you pay him?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How much of my money did that I gave you? Did you just give him for that thirteen minutes of him singing?
Speaker 3: It's it's an question, and it undermines the entire credibility that I'm here because I love America so much and you've got to vote for this candidate.
Speaker 5: Look, I'll give you an example in the presidential race.
Speaker 3: So one of the cooler people that I got to meet and spend time with was Phil Robertson, you know from Duck Dynasty.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and here was I mean massive back in the day, like unbelievable star.
Speaker 5: Huge star.
Speaker 3: And so so he invited me to Monroe, Louisiana to come stay at his place, and I went out duck hunting with Phil, which, by the way, ranks among the cool things I've ever gotten to do. And we went to the duck blind. We're there at four in the morning. Look, I like to hunt in Texas. I gotta be careful about what I say because there's so many really serious hunters that I can't overstate. I go hunting a couple times a year. I enjoy it, but I'm not someone who like lives and breathes it. Phil in that duck blind, I have never seen a person who is a better shot with a shotgun. He would drop birds at a distance that I wouldn't pick up my gun. They were too far away. I'm like, yeah, if the duck flies over here, I'll shoot it, but I can't shoot it way over there. And he would just boom, and then the dogs would swim out and grab the duck and bring it back. And Phil, I'll tell you So I went there and spent the day when hunting with him. He recorded an ad for our campaign that we put out. It remains one of my favorite ads we've ever done. I'm all like wearing camo grease paint and I'm in the duck blind with Phil.
Speaker 5: It was really cool.
Speaker 3: But Phil, it was during the Iowa Caucuses and we asked, Phil, will you come to Iowa and campaign with me? And Phil, for something like forty years, had not missed a single day of duck season. He'd been out there every single day for four decades, and we'd invited him to come. And that morning he went to the blind at four in the morning and he's sitting there in the blind and I guess you know, it weighed on his heart. I can't do this today. I need to go fight to save America. And Phil left the blind and he went and hopped on a plane and he flew to Iowa and he did a big rally with me in Iowa. And I told him then, I'm like, Phil, I am beyond humboldt that you missed the first day of duck season in forty years to be here in campaign alongside me. Now, I didn't write m a damn check to do that. I just said, if you gave.
Speaker 2: Him beyond save money, you know you're like, oh, and by the way, here's ten million dollars.
Speaker 3: No. No, I just said, come help save America. And it meant a lot like for him to miss it, and that day we were literally touch and go. We didn't know who's going to come, but it meant a big deal when he came. If you're paying Beyonce ten million dollars, I mean my good I mean goodness, who would she not endorse for ten million dollars?
Speaker 2: As before, If you want to hear the rest of this conversation on this topic, you can go back and dow the podcasts from earlier this week to hear the entire thing.
Speaker 1: I want to get back to the big story number three of the week you may have missed.
Speaker 2: So what is that? What is the purpose of the secret ballot? Is that just so people can vote their conscience and there's not so much you know, hoophar? Is it to keep it more efficient? What's the what's or is it just traditions? What's behind that?
Speaker 5: Look?
Speaker 3: Some of it is because you've got to work with these people. Remember, the Senate's a small place. They're fifty three of us, and and so you know, if you're voting against the person who's your leader, that is a small and awkward dynamic. So I would have liked the ballot to be public. I would have absolutely supported making it public. It's why I announced that I was voting for Rick Scott, because I wanted to tell the voters. But most of the senators don't, So I don't know. I know some of the centers, some of the senators chose to say who they were voting for. But I'd say at least half the senators I have no idea how they voted. They didn't say, they haven't publicly said. And there is a dynamic when you're dealing with a small enough group of people that you've got to after the election, you've got to turn around and work not just with whoever won, but whoever lost.
Speaker 5: So I think that's some of the history.
Speaker 3: It's always, to the best of my knowledge, it has always been a secret ballot, and because of that dynamic, and the other Senate leadership votes are secret ballot as well. And look two years ago, in twenty twenty two, had the first contested leadership ballot in sixteen years and two years ago, Rick Scott challenged Mitch McConnell, and I was the point of the spear. So the beginning of that battle two years ago, the very first thing that happened as I stood up and I made a motion to delay the election for a month, so we were voting two years.
Speaker 2: We did a great show on this it's all coming back to me now that you can go back and listen to, because I think, if I'm not mistaken, we did it like it two in the morning after the voting had taken place, and you'd come out and told this story. I would encourage everybody if you want to go back and listen to this episode. Like you said, it's like two years ago, and it was a big fight then, and like you said, you were the one leading that the tip of the spear on it.
Speaker 3: Yep, and it was two years ago. It is always the week after the election now. By the way, Republican leadership does that because the people who vote are the senators who will be the senators for the next two years. So the brand new baby senators who were just elected they vote. The senators who are retiring or leading the Senate they don't vote. And part of the reason they do that is because they want the brand new baby senators not to know what they're doing, to be just in their basement office, not to know where the men's room is, and they don't want newly elected senators to rock the vote. It's designed. It's actually a pretty cynical thing. It's designed not to not to challenge the status quo. So two years ago I made a motion, Look, twenty twenty two should have been a fantastic election for Republicans. We should have won the Senate. We should have we should have grown our majority in the House. It should have been a fantastic election. And it was a lousy election. And I stood up and said, listen, we ought to delay this this vote by a month, and we ought to spend the month next month talking about why we got our asses kicked, Like what's going wrong? And I turned them at McConnell I said, listen, for the last two years, we had a handful of Republicans team up with the Democrats to pass the Democrats' priorities. Now, maybe that's a good idea. Someone here can make the argument why that's a good idea. I think it's dumb as hell. But if you want to make the argument it's a good idea, we ought to talk about it. What I could tell you that is objectively true is the Democrats never do that. Like when we had Trump was president, we had a Republican Senate Republican House. There was not a single bill we passed that consisted of all the Republicans and a handful of Democrats joining us. They opposed everything, and by the way, for the next two years, I think they will as well. So I said, look, we ought to debate. Whatever we did didn't work. We ought to debated, and so I laid out. I gave a forty five minute speech. I looked at Mitch McConnell and I said, tell me, over the next two years, what are you willing to fight over? I said, listen, you and I may disagree. There are a lot of things I think we should fight over. They're not for you, But is there anything? Is there one thing you're willing to fight on over the next two years. By the way, Mitch refused to answer that question. We ended up after I made the motion to delay the vote. I ended up getting sixteen votes for that motion. I needed twenty five, so we had forty nine Republicans, so I needed twenty five for a majority, So I fell nine votes short. Those sixteen votes were the first votes ever cast against Mitch McConnell, and that was very consequential after that, Rick Scott, because I failed to delay the election. Rick Scott ran against Mitch. I voted for Rick. I was quite vocal about it, and Rick got ten votes, and so that's what happened. I was one of those ten. By the way, after the votes, Mitch McConnell exacted retribution on the senators who opposed him. So, for example, the Commerce Committee, both Rick Scott and Mike Lee used to be on the Commerce Committee, and Mitch McConnell uses his authority as the GOP leader to throw them both off the Commerce cat Many Eric Schmidt from Missouri who also voted against Mitch. Eric Schmidt wanted to be on Judiciary, and Mitch used his authority to orchestrate blocking him from being on Judiciary. So there was there was There were real punitive measures that were implemented attacking the people that dared stand up to McConnell. So this time around, Rick Scott did better than he did two years ago. Two years ago he got ten votes. This time he got thirteen votes, so we picked up three more votes. I don't know who those three more votes were. I was one of those thirteen, as i'd been one of those ten, but Rick did not prevail, and then ultimately Thune prevailed on the second ballot, so Thune will be the majority leader going forward.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about Thune for just a second. What do people need to know about him that maybe they don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, I like Johonthune. I've worked with him. I've worked with Thune, I've worked with Korn, and I've worked with three. I mean, the Senate is a small place. It's a collegial place. If you want to actually accomplish every anything, you've got to deal with and and work cooperatively with your colleagues. John Thune is from South Dakota. You know, he's a tall, good looking college athlete. He was a college basketball player.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: Thune and I, you know, used to he works out every morning in the gym, and he's he's very fit. I would work out at the same time he was, and it was kind of embarrassing because he would lift a lot more weight than I could lift, and he would he would be like pumping iron. And it's sort of humbling to watch Thune because he's just you know, he's a he's a man in his early sixties who's in really good shape. Look, Thune, I was not surprised Thune one, because he's very well liked by his colleagues. Thune is affable, he's he's a good guy. He's just he's not a jerk. He's not he's everyone likes him. It's just I mentioned before, the Senate is a little bit like a junior high. You know, thun would win the class president election. It's and a lot of it is the kind of small, little personal dynamics that play out on that. But as I said, I was not surprised Thoon won. I will say a lot of the Trump world was freaking out saying, oh, Thuon hates Donald Trump and he's going to oppose everything Trump wants to do. I think those concerns were overstated. Listen, John Thune is majority leader in every senator is excited that we have a Republican White House, Republican Senate, Republican House, and we are really focused on delivering results and delivering on our promises to the voters. And so I think Thune as leader is going to focus on working very closely with President Trump uh to to confirm his cabinet appointments to move forward. Now, it doesn't necessarily mean that the Senate is going to be a rubber stamp for one hundred percent of everything that comes from the White House. Uh. And it's not the Senate's job to be a rubber stamp for everything that comes from the White House. Under the Constitution, the Senate is supposed to have a role, a role of on nominations, advice and consent, a role of check and balance. But but I can tell you that the sort of folks and I had multiple calls from Trump's team very worried, Okay, is is Thun going to fight us in everything we're doing?
Speaker 5: And I was like, Okay, I no, I.
Speaker 7: I So.
Speaker 5: So today I had an hour long.
Speaker 3: Meeting, UH with with Thune as the new majority leader and with all the committee chairs, and the entire meeting was talking about, Okay, how are we going to move forward with with with tax reform, with extending the Trump tax cuts, with with with regulatory reform, with unleashing energy, with securing the border. How are we going to move the legislative agenda so we can deliver big, big wins in in the next year. And that was that was the focus from Thune and every committee chairman. So I think I understand. Look I voted for Rick Scott because I think Rick was offering the greatest change. But at the end of the day, to prevail, you've got to be able to get a majority of the Republican Senators, and Rick did not.
Speaker 2: As always, thank you for listening to Verdict with Sentner, Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you don't forget to deal with my podcast and you can listen to my podcast every other day you're not listening to Verdict or each day when you.
Speaker 1: Listen to Verdict.
Speaker 2: Afterwards, I'd love to have you as a listener to again the Ben Ferguson podcasts, and we will see you back here on Monday morning.