Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably shake d I am Jaselle Barryant.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up? Everyone? This is Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, once again, once again, we're all up and through August, and it's about to be September, and you know a September means Virgo season.
Speaker 1: WHOA what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yesima, anyway, we won't talk about that now, we'll say that we can shout out to the Virgos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is just back to school season.
Speaker 2: Which I know. Oh yes, gosh, yesh, it's but yeah, you're in like the thick of it, like me, like the the yeah, you're good.
Speaker 1: The twins will be seniors. They're driving, they're driving, they're doing their thing. Yeah, so you're like whatever, No, I'm not whatever.
Speaker 2: But because it's like I don't feel needed anymore. Oh yeah, it's a little sad. And then they're like, oh, mom, you just did all the senior stuff with Grace. Are you going to ignore us? Because I'm good for I've already done that, right right, not doing it, but.
Speaker 1: I'm not okay, yeah, yeah, because it's like not as like new or exciting. No. So you're like.
Speaker 2: Em, like, I just did it right, just did it.
Speaker 1: But you gotta go all in.
Speaker 2: Yes, you have to go along. Speaking of Grace, she is my shady moment.
Speaker 1: Oh yes she is. Tell me do tell.
Speaker 2: So you know, Grace is she's doing her little summer session. She loved it and apparently you know, she's got these boys that are coming to the yard and she's got all this attention. Yes, and she you know, I'm like, Grace, do you work?
Speaker 1: Do you work?
Speaker 2: But just have fun. Don't come in to these boys because because you don't need to. Okay. Anyway, so one day she was like, hey, mom, did you send me a package? Because they said I have a package. And I was like, because if you get a package, it goes to this building and they send you an email saying come get your package. So I was like, no, I ain't send you anything. So I was really curious and I was like, well, Grace, what did you get. She was like, oh, this boy bought me pillows.
Speaker 1: So I was like pillows.
Speaker 2: I said, well that's nice and she was like hmm. She was like Mommy, I said, I was so happy, and I was like, really nice and I said thank you very much. But they were just pillows and she was like, so shady about these pillows.
Speaker 1: Really, okay, does the where the boy? I need more more information.
Speaker 2: You had the boy goes to school there, he's a little older, doesn't live on campus, so I guess maybe she was complaining about her She was like, Mommy, I love my bed. I sleep so comfortable. I don't know why he sent me pillows.
Speaker 1: Right, like, so okay. So it was extremely random and we were talking pillows. We're not talking decorative pillows about pillows. They don't like have her name on it, which I'm out, like some down fly what they called feather pillows. Yeah, did they have a conversation about pillows?
Speaker 2: And she was like, I don't know. I can't remember. I was like, did you talk about pillows? She was like I can't remember. I was like, okay, that's weird. But she she first of all, I thought that was so thoughtful. It is, but it's random. It's random. But no man has ever sent me a freaking pillow because I don't.
Speaker 1: Think a man would be like, oh, what's a nice gift to get? Jaselle oh, let me get her a pillow.
Speaker 2: Well, if it'll you know, damn, well, if.
Speaker 1: You know what, Yes, I'm i'mna call somebody telling me to send you a freaking pillow and see how you like it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna see what you think. Well, I'm gonna have questions like why did you send this? And if they're like, this is the newest pillow in which you will sleep.
Speaker 1: Like a baby, I will be very happy. Okay, yes, yeah, I need I need some explanations. So she didn't just ask him like, what's that with the pillow? I appreciate, I appreciate you thinking of me, but why sending me pillows?
Speaker 2: But like she said, he said why he sent two pillows? Oh so he wants to sleep in the bed with her. Yes, now that I'm saying this, not that.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's sending a message.
Speaker 2: Well, she's not doing that, and she's in a dorm, so two pillows aren't necessary for a dorm bed. Let's start there.
Speaker 1: Did he send silk pillowcases with the pillows he sent?
Speaker 2: Well, he did send pillowcases. He did not say that they were silk. Okay, she she didn't say that they were silk, but he did send pillow cases and two pillows, but she.
Speaker 1: Doesn't like this dude. He's being slick. He's being slick, but she doesn't like him, which is good message.
Speaker 2: Well, she message not received. She thinks it's goofy and corny and she wants nothing to do with this dude.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I wonder how many girls he sent pillows too, Like, what if they school? I got pillows from Bobby.
Speaker 2: I got pillows from Bobby. What's the thread count? Is that a thread counter?
Speaker 1: Pillows?
Speaker 2: What's what's the feather counter?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did you get firm or medium? I for saw?
Speaker 2: And like, what color are your pillow cases? Because my pillowcases are pink. Yeah, that's terrible. Anyway, that's really random. Maybe it's not thoughtful, it's I take it back.
Speaker 1: So I discovered my son purchased some shoes for a girl and had them set to her house.
Speaker 2: Your squat. Okay, First of all, so does he how does he have money to purchase a So Robin bought the girl's shoes?
Speaker 1: Well, no, he has a little card. He's okay, he has a little card. He worked a little job. He was a basketball summer camp. Okay, counselor. He has a little cash, so we have a little money. And then he gets you know, they get a little allowance or whatever, and yeah, I guess he uses little card. And the only reason why I know that this happened is because I was getting he must have used my phone number or something in the you know, checkout process, and so I was getting these alerts from DHL talking about your delivery is scheduled for tomorrow whatever. Okay, let's come from DHL. So like I clicked on it and it had whole another person name, whole another address. What were you like, let me see what these shoes look like? Well they were They're like Nike Ducks or whatever like the yes, of course. So yeah, I'm just like, look.
Speaker 2: At Cory whining and dining.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm like, should I be how should like? How should I look at that? Should I look at that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Okay, he's just being generous. It's nice.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you need to talk to him about Yes, he's being generous, he's being very nice, but you need to say, okay, this is your girlfriend. Is this like because we're not buying shoes for rando random people? Yes, and.
Speaker 1: Well this is when we're we had a conversation. Yes, and is this and was it like her birthday? Is this just because just because? Okay, so he must maybe he didn't like her shoe game.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, he needs to bring up her shoe game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so so Wong had a little you know, you'm sending gifts to girls' houses. You know, her father might not like that or something, you know, just like just be careful or whatever, like he doesn't want him to overstep his boundaries.
Speaker 2: Kind of Oh that's okay. I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's thinking more on like the father, Like the father sees his daughter receives a package from a voice in her shoes, Like how would they feel about that?
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know, Okay, can I can? I? This is this is so sidetracked, but it's the same. I'm the worst. Yeah, do I tell you this about Angel and the boy? Okay, so this is so terrible. Guys, Okay, so my daughter is the twins? Do customers do community service on Saturday mornings?
Speaker 1: Right? I feel like you've told me this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then there was they came home one week and they were like there was a guy there. He looked he was a door, says he look cute, he'd be great for Angel. Blah blah blah. We were trying to hook it up, but it didn't get hooked up. So then the next week rolls around, they're like, ma, you want to come to community service and I was like, absolutely, I'm coming. So I went and the boy shows up and I said, Angel gets very nervous. She's not like she ain't Grace, because Grace to be like, hi, right, that's not Angel. So I was like, oh, I got I said, Angel, what do you think? She was like, he's cute. So I said, okay, I got this. So and I am the professional wing woman okay, okay, which I kind of shouldn't be for my children, but okay, right, y'all bear with me. I'm going through a lot.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I talked to the boy and I'm like, hey, how you doing. He told me his high school told me played back basketball starts showing me dunking videos. Oh my god, because he said he could dunk. I said, boy, no you can't. And so he's like, yes, I can't, Yes, I can't show me a video of him dunkey. I was like, okay, got little skills anyway. So Angel walks up. I said, Angel's very nice, he's articulate, he's got a little you know, his muscles, roll muscles. He's doing community service. Let's start there. So I said, go stand next to him.
Speaker 1: And she was like, no, I can't do that. I can't do that. I can't do that.
Speaker 2: I said, you don't have to say anything.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Said, just standing there. So she was like, no, I can't do it.
Speaker 1: I'm you're too nervous.
Speaker 2: I can't I said, Angel. If you don't do it, you're walking home. Says you don't get a round left foot, right foot, It's gonna get you home. That was the horrible part. Don't do that. Okay. So she was like, fine, money, fine, and she goes and stands next to him, and sure enough, immediately he starts talking to her. They exchanged numbers. They've been talking ever since.
Speaker 1: Oh look at that.
Speaker 2: Look at that. Thank you?
Speaker 1: Mom. Okay, okay, I like that.
Speaker 2: I knew this was a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm saying all that to say, we have a different perspective than the children. One had the fatherly perspective. I had the just go stand there. Now, if you stood there, he's saying nothing, we're moving on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, you don't do the first talking, he doesn't talking, right, So all that worked out. Yeah, but it's also an age difference, like your girls are going into their senior year. Yeah. So it's like, okay, you know it's time that you got to meet guys to go to your homecoming dance, right, all this time and all that type of stuff. You know, you want to have a nice little young men that you that you approve of. Yes, right as the mother, And she said like the next day. So the next day was Sunday. He went to church with his family. Yes, community service and church. Yeah, Ken dunk of basketball, Not that that matters.
Speaker 2: Let's get married.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Okay, So wait did you give.
Speaker 1: I did it? Okay? So I was the shady one. Okay, I'm not going to give location details, okay, but recently we were out with the family. Took Corey and his friend and her sister with us as well to a let's just say a park. Okay. I'm not going to say where because okay, I know where, by the way. Okay, So we're at the park and I had to pee really bad. So I walked into the bathroom, okay, and I turn around, I walk back out. I'm like, I cannot use this bathroom because it was like there was a it was like a water park involved. So there's a lot of wet like think about like when you bring in wetness with the urine and the heat and the discussed many many many people. It was like so gross. Yes, okay. So one is like, well, just go pee in a bottle in a bottle, yeah, I'm like, okay, what, oh god, what what do you mean?
Speaker 2: How does that even happen? How do you do that?
Speaker 1: So we had like our own little private space, right, yeah, so I could like close the curtain. Okay, So we go back to our little private space, close the curtain. I had a bottle of the Signy water, Okay, I chucked it down. Okay, so that can make room to pee in my bottle?
Speaker 2: I can't. I'm so I don't know what to say over here, guys, I who does this?
Speaker 1: What in the world? I could not use that.
Speaker 2: It was that gross understand that I had no actually just say you peed in the pool.
Speaker 1: No, I don't even want to get in the pool because it was just so many people. You know what I'm saying. It's just like it's just the whole experience is just discussing the way around you.
Speaker 2: Pete in a bottle, Yes, but the but the designing bottle has a very small tip.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Good, horrible idea, Yeah, horrible idea. What I tell you that peak with everywhere and be so bad I'm gonna make it stop. And then.
Speaker 2: I hate when you and Y come up with ideas. They're never good. He's like, these are never good.
Speaker 1: And one was like Robin, the whole that opening wasn't big enough. I wasn't saying that.
Speaker 2: Bottle and he's mean while he's recording me, No I can't.
Speaker 1: I'm like, the be is like going down my hand, down my leg, my shoes.
Speaker 2: Are you should peed in the trash can? That would have been better? Maybe?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's not have been way better.
Speaker 1: That would have been better. Yeah yeah, So.
Speaker 2: Are we laughing? Are we laughing? I'm not laughing because this is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So I just I just do dumb shit, y'all.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, so yes you are shady for that. Yeah, but I get it.
Speaker 1: I've runt stuff in the pool. Moving on.
Speaker 2: So we never talked about I don't think we ever talked about the fact that the Commander's football team was sold. Yes, and first time a majority owner is a black man by the name of Match Irving.
Speaker 1: He's not majority, he is majority. No, he's not. He's like six percent, but that's majority.
Speaker 2: It was called. Yeah, he's called majority. He's part of the majority group. Okay, Yes, black man is a part of the majority group. Got it for an NFL team?
Speaker 1: Yes, so.
Speaker 2: In theory he has decision making power. Yes, yes, and his name is Magic Johnson. Yeah, we love that's fantastic, super fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This is not just a proud day for me and my family, my beautiful wife Cookie and our three children and two grandchildren, but I think for every African American in this country because we've been left out of the NFL. But we're making strides. And Josh and all my incredible partners and now teammates, thank you for allowing me to be a part of this.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Yes, that's awesome. Such a that's a big, big thing, especially for the Commanders, Redskins, Washington football team. Whatever. That's huge. That's that's huge for our area. Yes, for DC, the DMV all of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I freaking love it. I think that you know that I've already said that team is cursed. It was cursed, yes, and I feel like the curse has been lifted. Yes, not anymore. Hopefully they'll have a winning season. And I'm not a Commander's fan at all, but like if Magic coach Ravens, yes, go Ravens. But if Magic calls me and wants me to attend a game, I'd love to go.
Speaker 1: I would love for them to totally, so totally rebrand, like change everything they did. What what do you know? Change the name again? So, first of all, the news Channel four did a poll like, okay, now that we have a new owner, is the first thing that they that the team needs to do? And it was like three options. One of them was change the name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be good. It was like three options because Snyder picked that name, right, did he?
Speaker 1: I guess? So yeah, I don't know. So it was the three options. I can't even remember with the other two options because literally the pole was like ninety six percent percent of the pole respondies wanted them to change the name, which is the Commander's So change the name. Change those ugly ass colors. Those colors are horrendous. Yeah, burgundy and gold, which is like really yellow, like yeah, it changed that, Yeah, change the whole vibe, like just rebrain. You know how the the Washington Wizards they used to be called the bullets.
Speaker 2: Yes, I remember the bullets. Yeah, and they had a different color. They were red, white and blue.
Speaker 1: They were red white and blue. Yeah, they so they have a totally new So they went from red white and blue to like the wizards, which then was more like a blue and.
Speaker 2: But okay, let's let's pause really quickly. Can you like now that we're in twenty twenty three and there's so much political awareness, the bullet bullets they aren't called the Washington Bullets because there's all the murder rate is through the roof. They're called the Washington bullets. Jesus, who thought of that?
Speaker 1: Who came up with that name? The NRA, you know, they started as the Baltimore Bullets.
Speaker 2: The NRA did that too, Yeah, the bullets, Jesus, thank god.
Speaker 1: That's insane. Yes, it's insane. It's insane. How about the Washington Magic never good good, that's not but you have the best, you have the Orlando Magic. There was a team. I can't there was a name that I preferred. I can't remember what it was at the time, but I think they need to just do a total refresh. Yeah, change all the colors even you know, the stadium has all the burgundy, like pick.
Speaker 2: Everything, every only thing to do.
Speaker 1: The seats I think are burgundy, which sucks, but it's.
Speaker 2: Fine making picky all the whole thing, picking green. Yes, that's what we should do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, but no, that's awesome Magic And I think he's gonna really help that organization and do big things. Yeah, yeah, it'sh off.
Speaker 2: And I saw he was talking about it. He got he got kind of emotional about just because I mean, I think it matters. It matters to the team, it matters to the city. It just matters, like representation is important.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And then I just think of Magic thinks about his journey, like he's doing so much, and I think, you know, shoot, especially at the time when he was diagnosed with HIV, like he probably really thought his life was over.
Speaker 2: You know, crazy. I don't even forget register that with anymore.
Speaker 1: I think if you take your medication, like it can like suppress it. The medication is like very effective.
Speaker 2: Okay. So speaking of doing things right, yes, okay, France, because I've I've said this a million times. And by the way, people always ask us, like when we do interviews and press and stuff, you know, sometimes the press people can get creative and ask us a bunch of different questions. So one of the questions, okay, I'm lying, No one has ever asked me this, but if they did, I would say, what would you say to God if you got when you if and when you get to have it? And I do want to have a conversation with God about poverty, okay, okay, because I feel like why, well, especially like hunger, Yeah, like why do we have stores with food? But if people are hungry, they should be able to have it if they cannot afford it, right, Okay, So that's like one of the conversations that I would have, you know, slavery. I've talked to God about all kinds of things. Okay, but that's on it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: France, people has become the first country to make it mandatory for all its supermarkets to give away the unsolved food to the need. That's great share if you think the rest of the world needs.
Speaker 1: This, Yes, yes, I don't understand why they don't. I always was confused by that, like why are you throwing it away? Why can't you just give it? Give it away?
Speaker 2: Yes, so so earlier when I said I did community service with the kids, a lot of a lot of stuff that was given away was like bread and all that kind of stuff that was given from Panera. And so Canara does have a I guess drive or a mandate so to speak, that they do give a lot of their getting ready to go stale bread to charities and food pantries. And yeah, which is fantastic because I eat stale bread. I mean, you know, stale bread and tastes good. I won't, okay, I will, but anyway, I mean it just can't be moldy okay. Yeah, but little stale cider dooe ain't I'm wrong with that, little butter on top, little olive oil, little salt. Yes, okay, anyway, So, yes, I would like the United States, Joe Biden, Yeah, to work on this.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that would be. That would be fantastic. Set up a program somehow to even if it's I'm sure there's like you know, concerns for the cost transportation costs, Okay, well how are you going to get it from the grocery store, from the restaurant or whatever to the food pantry? And then there's liability things and all that type of stuff like, yeah, come up with the program or measures that eliminates all that all that.
Speaker 2: No one, no child, right, no, no one. No one should be hungry in this country. Yeah, because we've got enough food that goes to waste.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's there's that speaking of. I know I'm shifting gears, but I don't want to forget. So you know those people called Kardashians, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've heard of them.
Speaker 2: You heard of them. So I had not watched a Kardashian show since they were on E since they left E. Even before that, I had jumped in a little bit on E, but like, definitely not since they got to Hulu, right. So I was intrigued because I saw on Instagra that Kim was like, you stole my wedding singer and you stole my location, talking about because Courtney got married, and she was saying Kim decided to use my wedding as a business venture. I was like, what is that about? Their entire life is a business van right, So I jumped in. I jumped into the Kardashian pool to see what was going on. So I saw, like the end of the last season. I was entertained. I was highly entertained, really, and I wasn't bored. You know, I wasn't watching it because I just was like, let me, let me check out.
Speaker 1: Highly entertained. Courtney's annoying. Okay, I'm gonna run it down for you. Courtney is annoying. Kim is entertaining, Okay, just she's intriguing. She wears, you know, nice things. You know, she's going through the whole Kanye divorced, and she was trying to get it together, and you know, she was vulnerable. I enjoyed that vulnerable. Okay.
Speaker 2: Scott is around. We love Lord Dissick. I'm happy he's still around because he needs a check Chloe, who's actually one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: I didn't know the.
Speaker 2: Whole Tristan's mama diing thing had happened. So Tristan's mother died. He the girls, Chloe and Chloe, christ and Kim went to wherever the mom was, like, took care of the whole apartment, packed it up, cleaned it up, because Tristan was going through Tristan's mama. Tristan has a disabled brother that the mother was the sole caretaker for, so they took him in. They had to take Tristan in because Tristan's rehab house fell apart. Oh, so Chloe and Tristan lived together. I don't know if they still do. And Tristan's brother. Wow, I was highly intrigued, and I said, Chloe, of course, that is what you do. And she takes care of Dream right, and Rob lives there. Oh, Rob's in the house. Do they show Rob? No, he's on a phone now, he talks. He could probably get a check for talk.
Speaker 1: So I wasn't And then the Kardashians, to me have always it's I think their life is. I don't want to call it entertaining. It's more intriguing. I would rather use that word, because they're not out there. You know. It's not like they're super funny. It's not like they're super dramatic or you know, they're not like doing anything extra extraordinary as far as their personality. But they do live extraordinary lives, you know, And even when you think about it, it's like, yeah, a lot of the stuff is contrived, you know, like oh, you know when seasons ago, Kim Goes gets an X ray on her butt to prove it's not butt implants, and it's like, girl, we ain't stupid, but what you know, like they would do stupid shit like that. But then when you have like the real stories of like Bruce Jenner transitioning and lamar Odum with his drug issues, and then just all of their different relationships and stuff, it's like and because it's so many people, because they're so rich and they have so much access and and their lives are very intriguing, it is so I was. I enjoyed it. Yeah, so I have found myself when no one's in the house and I just randomly like turn on Hulu, like I have found myself, just turned to it to check it out, and then you're just kind of sucked in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you now, did you notice that they film with a filter?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Do you peep that filter?
Speaker 2: No, it's a filter on the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, just just just go back and look at it. There's a filter like on either on the cameras or something. Yeah. Like so they literally have like you know, you have like the Instagram filters. It's literally like an Instagram filter on their well what where.
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 1: Why can't we get that? Real Housewives up use it. I think they use it on Million Dollars Listing too. When you watch Million Dollar Listening, you can see that there's the one in La. You can see they have a filter on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, bravo, I want to filter.
Speaker 1: I don't think I want that thought why not? I don't know.
Speaker 2: It just looks make me look better. But yeah, you already look great, Okay, thank you, Robin. But I mean I can there's always room for improvement.
Speaker 1: I know, but just just like look at it, especially Million Dollar Listening, like it's like there's a filter on it. Anyway. Yes, I do think the Kardashians are interesting. Yeah, there it was.
Speaker 2: I wasn't treating Yeah, yeah, I loved a little like a little North is funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think really they are a very I think that's why these men fall in love with, you know, Chloe or Kim. It's not even just that they fall in love with just that one person. They fall in love with the whole family. They fall in love with Chris Jenner, she's very nurturing and they you know, she treats them all like a family. And look at Scott, I mean he's still around, and you know, I'm sure Ship lamar Odom wishes he could still be around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he's made that clear. Yeah, yeah, he wants he wants back in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think they've fall in love with the whole package. It's not just that one person, yes, because they just they treat them like family.
Speaker 2: So after my dad passed away that people were recommending things. One of the recommendations was this lightweight, fun funny, easy breezy show on Netflix called Survival of the Thickest. Okay, yeah, I had to think about it. Survival of the Thickest. It is so funny.
Speaker 1: Really, what's it about? You would love it.
Speaker 2: It's about a girl and like she's trying to be it's scripted, she's trying to be a stylist and Garcel's in it. Okay, Garcella does a great job. Garcel plays a very high end like a Naomi Campbell type of model who is past her time or her prime, and she's but she's still trying to be relevant. So it was great, So I recommend it. That is my recommendation anything you're watching.
Speaker 1: Let's see hijack. Have you been watching?
Speaker 2: Okay, don't tell me, because that's what I watch, Like when I'm on planes. I'm gonna be flying around this weekend. Yes, I know, which is so crazy, right, but it is like if you watch that on a plane, it is so good, it's even better.
Speaker 1: You're like envisioning everything more. So.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, because the premise of the show is they're on a plane, right yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. So so it's just Albaw is the main you know, I guess star whatever.
Speaker 2: So sexy want to have sex with it Albow?
Speaker 1: So anytime it's just Albow isn't something I'm gonna watch it? Yes, okay, yes, yes, See how many episodes are you've seen?
Speaker 2: Maybe three?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay? Okay, So the finale is it ten total? I think it's like seven. Okay, the finale comes out, I want to say tonight probably, So for me, it's good, but it's like I feel like I'm it's not great because but I do find myself wanting to know what's going to happen next, you know, do you know what I'm saying? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, So it's good. So that's a good Just want him to talk. That's all I want to do. That's all I care about. Since we talked about what we were watching, this email came, actually, this came a couple months ago from Jamila Hudson. Hi Jamela, she said, you can call me Jay, Hi Jay, She said, I usually don't take movie TV recommendations, mainly because I'm a nerd. My interests are usually different from most people. However, and this is in all caps, However, Jiselle has been right about everything she's recommended. I watched The Tender Swindler, Harlem, and now Jerry Duty. Mine also has commercials Robin. All have been a hit with me, So keep them coming. By the way, continue to rock the Blue and White Class of two thousand and seven.
Speaker 2: Oh Hampton, Yes, Hampton, yes, hu uh huh yes.
Speaker 1: So I just wanted to read that because it was like, you know, people actually do listen to like the things that we recommend and they watch them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, thank you. I appreciate that. I've actually started, well, I need a couple more episodes before I recommended, but definitely, what is it? I need a couple more episodes really, yeah, before I say.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what else. I'm watching The Lincoln Lawyer.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I love that. Yes, that's season two.
Speaker 1: So so season two is on now, but I didn't watch the first season.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I just watched that. But season two ended abruptly? Is it over?
Speaker 1: No? No, No, they're releasing the second half on August second.
Speaker 2: Or third, because I was like, what the hell happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like five more episodes are about to come out.
Speaker 2: Okay boom YEA love that.
Speaker 1: So that's good. That's entertaining. I like I like the main character.
Speaker 2: I like him a lot, and he's like sexy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's on Netflix. It's a series. I guess. There was a movie which I've never seen. They said, matt Yeah, Matthew McConaughey played in the movie. I saw them ever.
Speaker 2: Watch I saw it now. I think now that you say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so this net this is a Netflix series and they're on season two. So I recommend that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So that and Survival of the Thickest it's for a thick girls for the big big girl with the with.
Speaker 1: The guys enjoy it? Or is it's just more of a oh no, why would enjoy it? While was watching insecure. Yeah, it's on that vein okay, And the utterly disgusting news. Two Jimmy John's employees are fired after viral videos shows them spitting in oh come on, spitting one the food and then okay did they post this video? So they spit in the food and then they packed, they rolled a sandwich up and I don't know who's the customer.
Speaker 2: I don't know who's who took. I mean, who got them on video? That's scary, I do yeah, oh no. And another employee that works who still works there, and employees revealed that the sandwiches that they had been made that day was from them.
Speaker 1: Like why I do want to start cooking at home more just because like my brain starts to think stuff like that, like just like what's going on? But have you been to with Jimmy Johns? I have.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what Jimmy, what is it?
Speaker 1: You don't want? Like Jimmy John's. It's like a subway type situation. Okay, so they make but if if it's somebody's been doing in front of you, they must have been making the to go, like the orders that came in online in order to do that. It must had to have been no customers in there, yes, and they must have been making to go orders. Okay, yeah, that's scary.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's insane, and yes, it makes you think disgusting.
Speaker 1: Let me just make my food myself. That is so disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nasty okay. In other news of Georgia needs to ban this news our twenty four year old man has passed away after jumping into lake Lake Lanier being electrocuted.
Speaker 1: Yes. Do you know how many people have died in lake? Yes?
Speaker 2: A lot like Ushers Usher's son that was Lake Lanier.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, because I saw the his mom wants to get it drained.
Speaker 2: As they should. How many people have to dine in it's lake?
Speaker 1: What? And why do people keep going in the lake?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 1: Wow? I think people go in the lake that don't know. Clearly you don't know, but someone around you has to know. So if you're like, oh, where are you going today? Oh, I'm gonna go hang out at Lake Lanear, someone is gonna be like, do not get in the water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't get in the water.
Speaker 1: Why is it like that?
Speaker 2: Well, at one point I heard that there's like all these undercurrents. So like, let's say you're swimming, it'll like pull you down, you under.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this.
Speaker 2: Dude was electrocute.
Speaker 1: Do you get electrocuted?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but guess what there must.
Speaker 1: Have been like a power line or something touching the water.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but y'all need to go head on and either drain it or close it or something it.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been there?
Speaker 2: I have, really, I've been there. I actually have my kids there. And when I was there, people in Atlanta were like, don't go in the water. Yeah, don't go in the water, like they all knew don't go in the water, and I thought they were being we but yeah, no.
Speaker 1: So when you went, like were you on a boat? And so when they say don't get in the water, like, can you be on a boat? Yes, they were in. I think the kids were in like little scooter boats or whatever like.
Speaker 2: Oh really, but like no, I didn't. I didn't go on a boat or anything. I just was out there. But yes, oh my god, Lake Lanier needs to be banned. Okay, In whose sperm is it news?
Speaker 1: There's all types of news.
Speaker 2: Whose sperm is it news?
Speaker 1: Okay? This intrigued me.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Tina Turner's daughter in law is planning for a baby with late husband Ronnie's sperm. Okay, okay, So Ronnie, who is Tina Turner's son, has passed away, so has Tina Turner, and so I guess the wife has some sperm left. She's going to implant herself to have a baby. Okay, Now, this is my question. It if the person who's sperm it came from has passed away, should that sperm be also destroyed when they pass away?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Why because it belongs to When the sperm comes out of the man, he's alive, it belongs to him, right right, he dies, the sperm should die.
Speaker 1: Hmm. Okay, But if that is his wife, yeah, no, no, no, no, no no. Oh. I think they were divorced. Okay, let me see.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm gonna do a little bit more research, because y'all say it, I don't do my research.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well, let's say they're not. Let's say they're married. Okay, you're just by your read Okay. If that is his wife and they're still married, then I don't see a problem with it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I would also think, and I don't know anything about the process.
Speaker 2: Yes, of they were still married.
Speaker 1: Freezing they were still married, Okay, freezing eggs, freezing sperm. I would almost think though, in that process they probably talk about that with the people. You probably almost have to sign off on stuff like that. Yeah, you probably have to.
Speaker 2: Well, so there should be I think there should be a sign of when the president dies, the sperm goes with them.
Speaker 1: But I think you should have the choice. So if when I'm alive, if I'm a man, and I donate my sperm, you know, for purposes of later having children with my wife or whatever. I think when you do that, there's in the all these forms that you probably sign it should be a question like Okay, what do you want to do in the event of your death? Yes, and it's up to you to say, you know, my wife can do what she wants with it, or I want it disposed of.
Speaker 2: Because okay, I agree, But you think of like, okay, because this is Tina Turner's son, right, so I think that there's money involved here because like where did the estate go? Oh? So if she if this, if this new baby is the air sole air, I don't know, it's late.
Speaker 1: That's kind of she like missed the boat on that. No, she didn't. Why not Tina Tina Turner.
Speaker 2: If Tina Turner doesn't have an air, she about to have one because they don't have children yet. I'm gona look.
Speaker 1: Because I mean clearly he froze his sperm with the intention.
Speaker 2: Of having children.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, but yes, I mean how old? How old was he?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What's the ages?
Speaker 2: Okay? So he was sixty two at the time of his death? Sixty two?
Speaker 1: Sixty two? Okay?
Speaker 2: Okay, are y'all understanding what listen?
Speaker 1: Okay? Okay? How old is? She's?
Speaker 2: Forty six?
Speaker 1: Okay? Do they have any children?
Speaker 2: She plans on.
Speaker 1: Honoring him by carrying his child? Okay, okay. I don't see how she can get any money out of that though, because I'm the estate. Is she pregnant yet?
Speaker 2: No, As soon as she gets pregnant, that son or that child will.
Speaker 1: Be in Oh okay, okay, let me let's back up. Is he is that her only child? Tina Turner's only child?
Speaker 2: I have no idea, but let's just say it is for purposes of this conversation, let's just say it is. Where is Tina Turner's money going? Right? Sid, this will be a blood air of Tina Turner got it. Okay.
Speaker 1: So okay, so at that point that child is do or can I got another question, can't petition the court? I got another question for you. Yeah, when did they freeze the sperm?
Speaker 2: Good question. Let's look. Let's look because I'm thinking follow the money, Follow the money because you know, because you know, Whitney Houston's money is going to Whitney Houston's money is going to followed A rather No, No, it's going to It was going to c C I believe, but now there's always like an executor of the state of the estate and if there's no person, it goes to the state handles it. I think right now it's with the state. Don't quote me on that, guys, but it's not where it should be.
Speaker 1: And where should it be, I would think her because her mom passed, nor Sissy past dish. I don't know. I don't want to make that up.
Speaker 2: Okay, So but because you know, I'm like, give it to Bobby Brown at this point, bye bye, get the money.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, So all the reason why we need to have all.
Speaker 2: This Yeah, so you definitely need to have everything written down.
Speaker 1: So Sissy Houston is still alive.
Speaker 2: Yes, So she should be I guess the I would think she would be executor. I think should be going hand to work. But like, can you think of how much money Whitney a state will earn over the years.
Speaker 1: Just with royalties. I hope she had somebody place. Let's just let's put that in. Tina Turner.
Speaker 2: Thoughts. Tina Turner, a state will generate ctrillions over the years overtime, and so now her birth grandson, grandchild will be Okay, So you don't think that this is.
Speaker 1: Would you do?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 1: Is this opportunistic a bit?
Speaker 2: And I don't know this woman. I don't know her motives, but they look pretty clear to me.
Speaker 1: But it's fair. I want to know when they froze the sperm.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it doesn't even matter, doesn't matter, you didn't you went until you wait until everyone dies, and you're like, I want this, I want to.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to know how long they've been married, How when did they freeze the sperm? You know, because he might have been like, look, freeze the sperm because one day we all gonna.
Speaker 2: Be dead and you're gonna offspring.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, don't you say he should have had that prior to all of this happening. You didn't think about it until Tina died estop kids. Okay, okay, he's sixty two. This is sixty two. Now let's move on. So there's an airbnb guess, fine, so do you go to Airbnb's.
Speaker 1: I don't. I've never booked one. I have, I have.
Speaker 2: I have been in the airbnb twice. Okay, and it just was like coming out of COVID times and it was I just found it too strange.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so it gives me he be Yeah, they find a hidden camera, oh see, and.
Speaker 2: A couple files the seventy five thousand dollars lawsuit against the owner, and they deserve every penny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they deserve more than that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know why it's only seventy five thousands. I'd be sowing for everything, right, seventy five million I would be doing for a butything like can you imagine? Can you imagine where was the camera found? Okay, Oh, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: You know. And you know what's crazy That shit probably happened so often, you know it happened.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the thing, like, let's say they could say that, yes, they outfitted the house with cameras because when they were there, they needed it and we forgot to take them down. They could say that, right, Oh it was it was installed in the smoke detectors. Oh oh wow, and this cameras and a smoked okay, no, so that was that was intentional.
Speaker 1: So the smoke it's probably not really a smoke detector. It probably looked like a smoke detector.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah, it wasn't like one of those cameras that like people have when you know, the babysitters at.
Speaker 2: The air was just like on the Yeah, it's like a Teddy Bear, Yeah, like a Teddy can.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. But like that's is that against the law?
Speaker 1: I think that's against airbnb rules probably, Oh are there rules? I'm sure there are. Yeah, I'm sure in order to be an airbnb host you have to you know, abide to some rules. And that's an invasion of privacy, yes, because would people if people knew that there were no rules, yeah, and no regulations, would you be comfortable just staying in airbnbs knowing that you could possibly someone could possibly be watching you take a shower. Well, it could be watching you have sex.
Speaker 2: But what is the attraction of an airbnb? What is the attraction? I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Well I won't.
Speaker 2: I'm lying.
Speaker 1: I do get it, but good go ahead. Yeah. I think for some people it's like, Okay, if you are traveling with a larger party and you don't want to book like a bunch of hotel rooms, then you can book you know, a house that can accommodate a large party or whatever. Right, I would rather stay in a hotel.
Speaker 2: I'd rather stay in a hotel. I get it for like our purposes, Like for the show you go to these big houses. We go to like resorts or whatever, go to places and we need a big house, right, we really don't need a big house. I prefer to stay.
Speaker 1: Have you ever done like a big couples trip and stayed in a house together, Because I actually was like this close to booking a trip my friend, my friend and her brother and all these couples are going to Meca Nose and they're renting a big house and I mean it's very spacious. Everyone will have their own room, bathroom, all that type of stuff. So like in a situation like that, you know, it's like you're going on a big, big couples trip. You all want to be together. It's easier, true, are you going? No, Because it's they leave on September second, and like school starts that week before and Corey's going to a new school and they're being different schools. Like I'm just like, it's too soon for me to like roll out. Yeah, I don't really know what the routine is yet.
Speaker 2: I don't really like people, so I would not do that, just kidding. I love people.
Speaker 1: Couple strip would be fun, though, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Okay, I think by like day three you're like sick of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And that was the other thing. It was like, from like the second to the ninth, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, yes, oh that's a lot of days. That's so many days. Okay. So I want to know from the people, from our people, like what is your threshold of time with people that you don't know that well? Minus forty eight hours, minus twenty four hours, twenty four to forty eight hours. Anything beyond that is.
Speaker 1: It's unnecessary, it's too much. I might cush you, yeah, And do you want to do especially when it's like you know what I what? I don't really enjoy is when it's like you have a big group trip, a bunch of couples and stuff, and it's like you have all these activities planned together, right, and it's just like, Okay, time to go, everybody, let's go, right, we're waiting, you know what I mean? Like that?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, No. I have a girlfriend, Erica, and she's a master at like like when it's a girl's trip, she's like, all right, guys, do whatever. But like we'll do dinners right, that's perfect, yeah right, Or like you know, maybe we won't do dinner together this night, but we'll do dinner together right on all the other nights.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, that works.
Speaker 2: And like late night, like we'll go to the club or do whatever. Cool, But I don't want to see you during the day, and I don't want you talking to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I don't want like the whole itinerary situation.
Speaker 2: After forty eight hours and then leave me alone. Yeah, okay, all right. At least we're on one to court that.
Speaker 1: So which will take us up with everything that we're describing of what we like is not how these troops on the sign up to sundown and it's like you're here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here.
Speaker 2: We are so booked and busy. That is kind of true. Do people realize that, don we got all these trips on the show and literally we land and it's like we don't stop moving. No, we have a full itinerary from the moment we wake up to the moment we go to bed.
Speaker 1: Yes, because it's different. So like when we're home and we're filming, because there's you know, so many of us and we're all spread out. It's not like they have all of us in the same place for you know, however, many days at the same time, so like we don't all film at the same time. But when we're on a trip and we're all in the same place together, Yeah, it's like we literally could film all day every day.
Speaker 2: Yes, And they know, like just by virtue of just like human nature, if you put people together for more than forty eight hours, they hate each other. So perfect for it. That's sho.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great human experiment. Let's put the humans together.
Speaker 2: And let's have them torture them. They go the hell off, and let's.
Speaker 1: Put them in a very hot environment.
Speaker 2: And most of the time when I'm like screaming, I'm really not mad at what's happening. Oh so mad. It's just like the dynamics of it.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's hot, I'm hungry.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's just like I've been hungrired.
Speaker 1: My feet are.
Speaker 2: Like I want to say that and y'all will see it whenever Season eight airs that. Oh damn, Okay, I want to say where we went? I was about to get fired.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: We went on a trip and I literally was dressed by Patrick for one of the dinners, like I like, put my clothes on. I was so tired. He was like, alright, you sound let's kid dressed. I was like, Okay, Patrick's dressing me like a mess. But that's how much you don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: Yes, just make it happen. But anyway, that is our show.
Speaker 1: Yes, we love you. Definitely need a vacation from the quote unquote vacation.
Speaker 2: We love you, guys, Thank you so much for listening. That is our show. Don't ever forget to live your life. Be the Reasonable Shady.
Speaker 1: Or both Fine.
Speaker 2: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and reasonably Shady