Speaker 1: The Cyber Monday tools to help you become a smarter shopper all year long. What's going on? Imrichhemiro, this is rich on Tech and oh yes, the holiday shopping season is in full swing and it seems like retailers are really going for it this year. The economy is doing well, people have jobs, and the sales they are a come in. Black Friday had a bunch of great deals. Cyber Monday will offer some of the best deals, but you're still going to be able to get some great offers right up through the Christmas shipping deadlines if you know where to look. So recently, I at chatta with Sarah Hollinbeck of blackfriday dot com about some of the best websites and browser extensions that can be your ally as you shop online. And Black Friday is a place that's full of all the latest deals from various retailers, plus their shopping experts also analyze the offers as.
Speaker 2: Well, so you can see all the latest ad scans. Our blog is home to the tips and deals from all the different major merchants to let you know what they're going to have on sale and what's actually a good or not. And we also have lists of Black Paradic history, Cyber Monday history, and deal roundups as well.
Speaker 1: So first up, the Amazon Assistant. This is a tool from Amazon itself. I didn't even know about this one. You actually install it in your browser, so basically all things Amazon are at your fingertips at all times, especially handy if you've got Prime.
Speaker 2: So the Amazon Assistant is really really helpful if you do a lot of your shopping on Amazon only. It will track prices of different items that you put on your wish list. So say that you head to a different retailer and you find something that you really want but it's not on Amazon yet, you can put it on your Assistant wish list and it'll let you know when that price drops or when that item is actually uploaded to Amazon, so you can make that bridchase.
Speaker 1: Then next up Camel Camel Camel. This is a fantastic website. I know it has a funny name. This is essential if you're shopping on Amazon all the time, and it gives you the full price history of a product, plus alerts if something changes.
Speaker 2: One specific thing that Camel Camel Camel does differently is that it lets you track prices your year and then set a price range that you're interested in buying that product for, and then it'll send you a notification if that product does hit that price range.
Speaker 1: On Amazon, and I usually sort of cross reference the price that it's offered at on Camel Camel Camel to see if that's truly a good price.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you can do that as well. They will track all of Amazon's prices to let you know that Amazon might be advertising it as a really great deal, but if you go to Camel Camel Cammel, they'll say, well, comparative to the last year, it's not that great of a deal. You should wait to buy it until a couple of months from now, or things like that.
Speaker 1: By the way, Camel Camel Camel is also applying some of their same tracking smarts to hotel rooms.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: They've got a new website called camellodge dot com. I haven't used it, but I just checked it out. You can track the price of a hotel room and get an email when it drops. It's pretty simple, but it could do the trick. Okay, Next up for these shopping tools invisible hand. Now, this one's kind of head scratcher because it looks like the website and all of its social media have been frozen in time, but apparently it still works. And this one will help you get the lowest prices on shopping, flights, and rental cars all while you shop online.
Speaker 2: So Invisible Hand is really great for if you're shopping on Amazon or not. It will track all of the lowest prices at different retailers in that way, before you click by at whatever retailer you are at you're shopping at, you can check and see if there's a lower price somewhere else, or maybe there's a bigger discount at another retailer that you can take advantage of.
Speaker 1: Next up Cently that is ce n tly. This is another browser extension formerly known as Coupons at Checkout, So.
Speaker 2: Cently is another one. Just like Invisible Hand, it will track the web for coupons, discounts, and lower prices to let you know if there is a different deal somewhere else that you can take advantage of.
Speaker 1: Honey is a popular shopping assistant. This one will help you find coupon codes as you surf the web. They also have their own rewards program, which they call Honey Gold. They give you up to twenty percent back on your purchase at four thousand different stores, so if.
Speaker 2: You continue to use their service after with each purchase, you end up racking up reward points that you can use to get an even bigger discount on your next purchase.
Speaker 1: Offers dot Com says the difference is in their coupon codes they actually work. They say you'll find more than two hundred and seventeen thousand offers on their site in all kinds of categories. But they say that their offer experts make sure that the coupon codes you get there actually work at checkout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, offers dot com is a great coupon destination that will comb the web for all of the best discounts, coupons, freebies, things like that, and they will automatically apply it to your cart at checkout, so that way you don't have to do any of the work of searching for those coupons or even adding in those coupon codes. It's all automatically done for you.
Speaker 1: And finally, retail me Not has a shopping assistant they call Genie. This some one follows you around as you shop and it alerts you about codes that might work for the stuff you're buying. Plus, they will automatically type in the codes when you check out to find the one that has the best discount for your purchase.
Speaker 2: The retelling not Genie is very similar to the Offers dot Com browser extension. It's going to come the web for the best coupons and let you know in the side browser all of the different cubons so you can add it straight to your car.
Speaker 1: So how do you choose which assistant to go with? Well, theoretically you could install them all, but I definitely don't recommend this because things will be popping up on your screen all over the place, and neither does Sarah.
Speaker 2: If you're doing a lot of your shopping on Amazon, I would highly recommend the Amazon Assistant because it's going to get you the most bang for your buck. If you're planning on shopping at Amazon and other retailers throughout the season, then I highly recommend the Offers dot Com browser extension. They usually will bring you the most coupons and deals through their service compared to the others.
Speaker 1: One more thing, don't forget to actually visit the homepages and social media media pages of the sites you want to shop from. You might find some extra codes or just some deals in general there as well.
Speaker 2: I think it's really important for shoppers to read the fine print when they're about to purchase their item, whether they're using a browser extension or not. Someplaces, if they don't offer you free shipping, you might be able to go find out somewhere else, and those browser extensions won't necessarily pick up the free shipping cubonds all the time, So make sure you're looking at retailer's main websites and social media pages to take advantage of all the possible offers.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for listening and happy shopping this holiday season. You can find links to all these tools at richontech dot tv, or just check the show notes. I appreciate you listening. Share this podcast with the friends so we can continue to grow. Rich Damiro I'll talk to you real soon