Speaker 1: Hey there, Fanta Ritos, Welcome back to a brand new episode of How Rude Tanner Ritos. Today, we have a guest that you all know and love. He played Michelle's obnoxious but lovable friend, Aaron Bailey. It's Miko Hughes on the podcast today. Now that we're getting into season four of Full House, we're finally meeting some of the key characters that made such a lasting impression on the show, and there's no doubt that Aaron was one of them. We can't wait to dig into Miko's time on the show and the impact his character had on Michelle's storylines and her overall character. So please put your hands together for Miko Hughes.
Speaker 2: Bye you guys.
Speaker 3: Long good, How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's what's new? It's been a minute, just yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Know, a few decades, just a couple of decades. Oh my, Hi, it's so great to see you.
Speaker 2: It's great to see you too. Thank you for letting me go.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, fan Ritos, you're in for a treat today because we have Miko Hughes on the podcast with us and we are so excited. How long would you say it's been? I mean, when was your I.
Speaker 4: Was seven on the last episode I was on it was it was I think four to seven something like that.
Speaker 2: So, oh my god, yeah, over thirty years. Wow, we.
Speaker 1: Just started recapping season four and you started in season three. So we've just met Aaron, the character of Aaron a few episodes, I think it was.
Speaker 3: We met Aaron? Was it at the Was it the episode where Michelle lets the bird out?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, right the man.
Speaker 2: Sequentially, are you working your way through it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the pilot and we're working our way.
Speaker 3: We don't remember we watched the show. We you know, you know how it is you do it.
Speaker 4: And then because I feel the same way, people will like quote things or tell me things and that I completely forgot. And yeah, kind of to prepare for this, I started watching some I wanted to watch all the episodes, but I kind of ran out of time.
Speaker 2: But I did get through like the first couple two or three.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's been so much fun to do. Yeah, it's been so much fun to go back and like watch all this stuff because, yeah, you I don't remember half the stuff I did. And you know, fans have watched these shows over and over and over again, and we're just like going back and watching them, like, oh my god, we did that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's moments too. Yeah, it is like home movies. It's a trip.
Speaker 3: It's such a trip. It's such a trip.
Speaker 1: And I have to keep reminding myself you were younger than Jody. What because Jody started a full house when she was five, and you said.
Speaker 3: You were four.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you were a lot and you started acting so young too, twenty two months.
Speaker 2: Those were the cool older kids.
Speaker 4: I remember, like the few times we would hang out, I was like, Oh, they're like the cool older kids.
Speaker 2: They got it all figured out.
Speaker 3: Oh that's only knew. Sure, Yeah, we fooled him. Jody told him, Well, I could fool people pretty easily at nine years old. It was beyond that. But yeah, you started at twenty two months old atie bitty.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What didn't thing was it?
Speaker 3: Was it Shakespeare in the Park? Was that what started with?
Speaker 4: It was after the first three years of training. Yeah, yeah, the first year and a half. No, my mom thought I was really precocious and cute and took direction well and tried to get me an agent, and she worked really hard. I guess that was a whole, big, long process. But then once I was able to go on a few auditions, I got really lucky. I booked a feature within the first couple of months and then just tried to keep the momentum after that.
Speaker 3: It's incredible. That's that.
Speaker 1: I mean that just it's a testament to your talent before you even knew that you had that talent.
Speaker 3: You know, it's it's so impressive.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. Thank you. I wish I still had it. I don't know, please please no.
Speaker 3: But do you remember, like, was it like I mean, obviously at twenty two months, probably not, But like when you were a kid, do you remember feeling like, oh, I enjoy this. This is something that I like, Like I enjoy the performance part of it, and I like being around all these people. And you know, because there are some kids that do it and they're like, yeah, it wasn't my tho.
Speaker 4: I didn't really Yeah, yeah, no, I was fortunate. I thoroughly enjoyed it throughout the entire entirety. There were times, and I think that's true for any kid. You know, you have a bad day, you're cranky. There was times where it was hard. There was times where I didn't want to I kind of had family drama that put more pressure on the industry, but the actual work I always thoroughly enjoyed. So I mean, could have gone better, could have gone worse, but I really don't have any regrets. I see, you know a lot of other kids in the End of Street that grew up around our time that that had it a lot worse. So I'm pretty that had a good run.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, we always say that too. Like we were very you know, we we managed to not have to deal with a lot of the like really toxic stuff that is in this business. Sure, you know, on the sets, at least on the sets that we worked on, we were very very lucky that, like it just it was never was. It wasn't a thing. Yeah, Now, you the movie that obviously I knew you as as a kid was Pet Cemetery because even at like eight nine, like I was a huge horror fan, So that was That's like probably one of the best known ones is Pet Cemetery. And I mean you did Mercury Rising, Spawn, Apollo thirteen, and of course Kindergarten Cop which is also probably the one that people quote it you all the time.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I was when I was younger I couldn't stand it.
Speaker 4: I was tortured by that, and my mom actually felt really bad because you know, kids tease and they say the line, say the line, and I was a little but now you know, with enough time, I look back and I love it. It's it's hilarious. But man, there was a time where that was that was kind of rough.
Speaker 2: For a while, I.
Speaker 1: Was I was wondering that, Yeah, I didn't know that's like at all, So to have a yeah, we can commiserate, but it's even worse for you because of the nature of that line.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, I can imagine.
Speaker 4: I was canceled a few times for what I did when I was five, apparently.
Speaker 3: Right, You're like, yeah, this was thirty years ago. I didn't write it.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, Yeah. Every time somebody says that though, I gain followers, so I don't know. Whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, it's good you can laugh about it, yeah, you know, of course. Yeah, permanently scarred from that, that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's too bad suppressed. It's really special.
Speaker 3: I know. I do have to know that. What was your first job at twenty two months old? Like, what what did you do? What was it for?
Speaker 4: I think it was a public service announcement, and then there was a I think John Deere or something was like a lawnmower commercial. Right, I forget the third thing, and then it was pet Cemetery. Okay, yeah, and I guess I booked the first three things. I went out on and the head agent called me and my mom into the office and said, you know, where have you been all this time? And my mom said, knocking on your door for nine months because she was trying to get an agent for ages.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, and you were. You were such a bright, precocious and you know, you were a kid who looked a lot younger than you were. And so you know, sure for those of us that are like a little smaller for our age or whatever, like when we can play two years years older right and there, Yeah, totally, it definitely works in your favor. But I mean from that moment on, you just you kept going, how did you memorize lines? Like when you're that young?
Speaker 1: Like Pet Cemetery, you had to carry a lot in that film, and so at that age, like how do you memorize did your mom work with you to memorize lines or did you just absorb it as a kid?
Speaker 2: Child abuse, you know, you do it again, you were better.
Speaker 4: No, thankfully, it was not anything like that, just repetition, you know, I mean, you know the process it was. It was playing pretend. I think a lot of times, being so young, kids play pretend. It's just at an extreme level with adults helping you, and you do it over and over and over until it's second nature.
Speaker 2: It's where you don't even think about the lines.
Speaker 4: What I appreciated about Full House too was it was it was one of the I did a few TV spots that was probably the biggest one. But how much of it is like a play? I was never used to doing plays. Yeah, it's like a stage play. You have you know, you practice all week, it gets tighter and tighter and better, the jokes gets punched up, and then on Friday you have that energy of the crowd and by then it's easy, like the hard work is you know, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and then Friday.
Speaker 2: It's just fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and people, don't you know people, It's interesting like we've we had actors who came from single cam or more film world, or least just like single cam television sort of more episodic stuff that came onto full or fuller house that were great in their area, but when they were thrown into that environment sort of live theater and you know, and yet sort of not and it is it's a huge.
Speaker 2: It's a different format for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you had you know, it's on a single cam. It's like everything is smaller and what you know, because the camera's here on a sitcom, it's like I need to sort of pretend like I'm playing to the back of the theater exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's brighter, it's very like in your face. It's not a lot of subtlety, for sure.
Speaker 3: Do you remember like any of the stuff of filming Pet Cemetery when you were a kid? Like, was it because it was a horror movie? I mean, were there moments of it that like freaked you out? Or were you one of those kids that was like that kind of enjoyed that stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's funny. Pet Cemetery is kind of being one of my biggest credits. I remember the least about it because I was so young. What I do remember are the stories my parents told.
Speaker 2: I remember.
Speaker 4: It's been reinforced in my whole life, so they're probably like memories of memories. We actually we had a reunion just last year.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: We went back to Maine and a bunch of the cast we went to like a convention. We went to a lot of the locations to take photos and stuff, and that was really neat and yeah, it like weirdly kind of brought back a vague sense of familiarity. I think when I was sixteen we went to we didn't get to go this last year's trip, but when I was sixteen, we went back to the house that we filmed out and the family was really nice, let us go in tour, say hello, And it felt like going to Grandma's house that I hadn't been to since I was very little. I couldn't tell you what was behind a door, but as soon as I would walk into a room, it was just an overwhelming sense of familiarity. It's like, oh, yeah, I've been, you know where that is? And yeah, yeah, it's interesting. Like you said, the whole movies thing Pet Cemetery are like like my baby movies, right, did.
Speaker 1: You understand what, like what your character like with the blood and the gore and the death and the coming, like, did you understand any of that or were you just like, I'm just going to repeat these lines.
Speaker 4: And make it to my understanding. The director, Mary Lambert, was very mindful of that during the filming. Most most films aren't shot chronologically sequentially. They're shot out of order just because of budget and you know, the most efficiently of what locations are available and when talent's available, et cetera. But that film they shot as chronologically as possible, especially from my scenes. So being in a new environment, in a strange place, with the lots of people I didn't know, I was able to get comfortable and get kind of a sense of family.
Speaker 2: We were there with them every day.
Speaker 4: Because the beginning of the movie is very you know, it's just a family, it's establishing everything.
Speaker 2: There's nothing weird going on.
Speaker 4: So then later in the film when there was some he your asks of a small child, it was comfortable. I knew everyone, it was safe, and I think so I have a lot of my performance credit due to Mary Lambert, the director, because she she took that care and was that mindful about it, knowing that that was going to be the case, that she'd get a better better performance that way.
Speaker 3: Well, and it's I mean, we've talked about how many people don't have directors or producers or people that really work well with kids. It's not you know, there are directors and people who have never worked with kids before and they all of a sudden get thrown into a movie and they're like, I don't I can't talk to you like an adult. So it is nice when you have directors and people and producers who are like, oh, let me think about this all the way through and how you know it might affect that maybe Tody big news, it's happening. Andrea Barbara Sweden mer merch people, Yep, we are so excited about this. We've been talking about this for a long time. We really have. And if you go to how rude merch dot com you can check out all of the designs that we have that A. B. And I worked on ourselves. I mean we didn't we didn't do the like the drawing of them, but all of the ideas notes. What we're saying is we want to hear from you. Okay, to check out how rude merch dot com. Go get hoodies, t shirts, all kinds of fun designs on there and rep your fana rito love.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I wonder being a female director if that was like an insight that she held on to more probably than.
Speaker 2: Maybe otherwise.
Speaker 4: In the industry too, Like kids and kids and animals are the hardest to work with, they say so, yes, it's an added challenge.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, we like to do both on our show. Aaron was kind of kind of an obnoxious little kid. I mean, not personal, but he was. It's kind of like an obnoxious, annoying little kid, Like, Yeah, was it fun to play like that kind of annoying tattle tailey sort of?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think I think that was the most spitfire character I really played at that age that I can think of, and it was fun. I think there was a little bit of me in there, as there always is, you know, in roles, but of yourself. But I think it was it was dialed up to eleven. It was the sarcasm and the attitude just of myself.
Speaker 2: But what if it was on steroids essentially? Right? Yeah, Yeah, it was fun. It was a blast.
Speaker 4: You know, Full House is such a wholesome show that getting to be kind of a thorn in everyone's side was the unique and fun experience, right, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, what was there anybody that you really bonded with? On the show, like, do you remember any of your full House episodes? Because you did twelve of them? You were quite concurring guest, was it see?
Speaker 4: I was trying to look it up when I was watching it getting ready for this. I thought it was nine, so twelve. I got a it's somewhere in there, and I think I was reading the Wikipedia actually last night, apparently, because I really don't remember hardly anything. There's there's I think a couple episodes where I'm like referenced, but not in there's like a line or something that might be counting like the character.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I remember it was really fun. It was it was great. Everyone was was very nice and we had a good time. I do remember being a little like you guys were a family. You were there every week, and I wasn't there every often.
Speaker 2: Maybe more comfortable in the later episodes, the early ones.
Speaker 4: I was so little. I think I was too too young to know to be shy. But like I said, you were the cool kids. I just wanted to be like, you know, liked, and I felt welcomed. And I do have a very specific memory of you, Jody, that we were play saying POGs I don't remember what day it was. It was offset POGs, if anybody remembers, was a terrible, horrible game, the stupidest game.
Speaker 2: It was a trend and like it.
Speaker 3: Was, it was just like like little little cardboard discs started childhood gambling. Yeah, it was like you had to like flip them. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was kind of like Jack's. I feel like Jack's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like an old twenties version.
Speaker 2: It was like the nineties version of but.
Speaker 3: I feel like kids were betting money on POGs. That was why they would get banned at schools because it.
Speaker 2: Was like I remember, because you stole all my POGs sor you didn't. Honestly, you didn't steal them. You won them, but you were older and more skilled. I think we were playing.
Speaker 3: I don't child.
Speaker 4: A child yourself, so that's fair. I don't know if you kept them, if it was just for the game. I just remember playing and you were consistently beating us. I was like, how what is she doing? Different?
Speaker 3: Like I don't even remember how to play other than you just throw things at it.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, I think you hit it with like a plastic.
Speaker 3: There was like a plastic one over.
Speaker 2: It was the slammer and you'd have to flip it over.
Speaker 3: It's sort of like there's like a Korean game that's like that, isn't it again, I'm not going to ruin the pronunciation of it, but it's the one that they play in squid game with the paper and you throw it and you have to flip the other person similar similar, so I guess it. Yeah, it's sort of a similar concept or whatever. But I'm so sorry I stole your POGs. Wow, I do remember running POGs. And then do you remember that card game Spit which there was went by a couple of different names, but it was basically like you had a half a deck and you'd flip it over and you had to go one above or one below with the cards and then you can only and you had to use one hand. And yeah, that was that was another one, super fast. Ye love that game.
Speaker 2: That was cool. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did we did we share a school room?
Speaker 1: Did you go to school with us or with the younger kids?
Speaker 4: I think there might have been a younger kids school room. I know I played with the Super Mutant Kids Club. We had the Karate episode. It was a lot of Michelle's friends. It was Betty and yes, Blake Ewing and the whole gang, right. I remember hanging with them them primarily. I know we we encountered each other a bit. We might have been in the same school.
Speaker 3: Room, but I think they had I think, yeah, I think they had their own because it was like five years a little. They weren't quite an elementary school yet. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Oh, how funny.
Speaker 4: I actually have another funny story.
Speaker 2: You worked on a.
Speaker 4: Film on Second Cozy Christmas in Yes, so I day played on that. I do camera work nowadays, and I was on the very last day and I wanted. I was trying to find a moment to talk to you. It was like really busy, and every time I was like we were in the same area, I was gonna be like, hey, funny story, what's up?
Speaker 2: And I never got a change.
Speaker 4: And I feel bad that I didn't now because I was like, yeah.
Speaker 3: But please, I was like, I won't shut up, so just cut me off.
Speaker 2: I was at the right moment. It was like all day.
Speaker 4: If I was in Utah, it might have been I think it was.
Speaker 2: It might have been a day in l A.
Speaker 4: You might have shot the most of it in Utah.
Speaker 3: Yes, because I was are we shooting with Vivica?
Speaker 2: That sounds very possible.
Speaker 3: I think we were shooting with Via Fox.
Speaker 2: She played in it. That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like the last two days we'd shot everything else in Utah when we came out here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, buddy.
Speaker 4: My buddy did most of the shoot and he couldn't do the last day and he's like, hey, can you do this day?
Speaker 2: So if I would have.
Speaker 4: Been on the entirety of it, we would have had plenty of time. I would have found my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but still I feel I feel about your very super small yeah, kind of cool. So that Yeah, it's funny how you just you know these it's when you've been in the business this long, even when you're still like in it but not maybe in front of the camera, likes seeing like the people over and over in weird ways, and like thirty years later you're like, oh my god, you're.
Speaker 4: You know, you started industry, but kind of a small industry in a way.
Speaker 3: For sure, for sure. So oh, so you do camera work now or where you were at the time, Is that what you sort of moved into? Are you doing more behind the camera stuff or is.
Speaker 4: That my blanket term is filmmaker because I wear a lot of different hats depends on the project.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you feel that too, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I've been doing a digital image technician a lot, so yeah, that's what I was on that day.
Speaker 3: Oh awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Would you ever go in front of the camera again? Would you want to act? Or you're just kind of done with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I took a long break where I was not in to it for many years. I kinda I don't know if you guys went through this, but like I wanted to find myself because I grew up in that and you never it's a great opportunity, and it's so many I'm so thankful because so many people don't get opportunities like that. But when you know nothing else, you have this sense of I felt very mature in many ways and very immature in other ways because you never see kind of that other side of it. And I was homeschooled. I didn't have like a full social life. Maybe it was a little sheltered. So for a long time and because of like family drama, I was just a little soured on it. But now it's been a long circle comeback. I've dabbled and done a few things, and there's potentially a project. You know, you don't want to count chickens before they have, but this year that I'm that I'm kind of hopeful for. Most recently, I did a short film. It was a fan film. So I've been doing a lot of conventions for horror movies because of this. Yeah, and the other big horror movie I did was What's Craven's New Nightmare? It was number seven in the Nightmare on Elm Street series. Yep, okay, and somebody approached me to do a fan film kind of reprising the character, and I was I was a little iffy. I thought, okay, you know, i'd read a script if the script is good. And it was actually really clever if you were going to bring the character back. It really did the story, you know, it honored it well. And and I thought, yeah, why not. I haven't done this in a while. It's kind of it feels like on my own terms, and it's something a role I really would want to do. So that that went really well. It came out. It's on YouTube right now. It's called Dylan's New Nightmare. It's kind of a leaves the door open for more. We're kind of uh, but the fans really seem.
Speaker 2: To like it.
Speaker 4: It did get demonetized on YouTube because it's horror, and I think there's like a moment it's not even real. It's a you know, a fake sequence, but there's self harm. So it organic growth. But initially it was it was like flying when it first came out, So it's niche within the scene, but like horror, I don't know how much crossover with Full House, and I keep saying with.
Speaker 3: That we need with the Full House horror crossover, I mean it would be, yeah, the calls coming from inside the house, but there's nineteen people that live there, so good luck figuring out who it is.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Clue, Yeah, it's a clue. Yeah, we got people added to basement, you know. Just well if and now if we if we decide to go that route, we will definitely be calling you Miiko, and we will hope.
Speaker 5: So yeah, Hi, I'm Kristin Davis, and I want to know, are you a Charlotte? In nineteen ninety seven, my life was forever changed when I took on the role of Charlotte York on a new HBO show called Sex and the City. As we watched Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte navigate relationships in New York City. The show helped push once on acceptable conversation topics out of the shadows and altered the narrative around women and sex. We all saw ourselves in them as they searched for fulfillment in life, sex and friendships. Now I want to connect with you and share untold stories and all the behind the scenes together with special guests. What will begin with sex and the city will evolve into talks about themes that.
Speaker 3: Are still so relevant today.
Speaker 5: Are You a Charlotte is a much more than just rewatching our beloved show.
Speaker 3: It brings the past and.
Speaker 5: The present together as we talk with heart, humor, and.
Speaker 3: Of course some optimism.
Speaker 5: Listen to Are You a Charlotte on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: I think Aaron would be the obvious choice because he's a jerk. But but it should be a twist.
Speaker 3: But it's it's a twist. I think it's I think Yankee doodle boy. I think I think you brings out to be Yeah, I like that, Yeah, he just just Yankee doodles. I'm right to that's it. Hell yeah, what are the horror cons?
Speaker 1: Like Jody and I have done the nineties con and she's in the Christmas con, but what are horror.
Speaker 4: Try to reach out a little too nineties. I feel like might be a good fit.
Speaker 2: That'd be a for.
Speaker 3: Sure, totally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're they're great. Everyone's super nice. It's it's like any subculture.
Speaker 2: They have their little niche things about it.
Speaker 4: It's it's similar to other horror cons, but with its own little flavor, and it's a blast.
Speaker 2: I'm very thankful.
Speaker 4: It's it's cool to like meet all the people that have seen what we've done and make friends and uh yeah, it's been that's a really special thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We love doing the conventions. I know we always have a really fun time. And I actually did the Christmas one where people were talking a lot about a cozy Christmas in so yeah.
Speaker 4: I think I have a friend in the convention scene who was working that who was in LA and I swung by at the end of one of the last days.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was the same one or the same you.
Speaker 3: I think this one was a New Jersey Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, there was one like the fifth one. They have one in La too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, far far from. It's like Halloween and horror.
Speaker 3: Right, Halloween, horror Christmas? Yeah, I know. And the irony is is that I'm way more of a horror fan than than any of the like nice Christmas stuff. Any of the stuff that I do is totally not what I watch.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, it's funny. I don't even watch that much TV. And then, yeah, it seems to work out that way sometimes when when you work in the industry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to watch the thing.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the substance as a horror fan?
Speaker 3: Not yet, but I want, but I want to. I heard it one of the best ones I heard. It's really really great. Yeah, it's best going in blind.
Speaker 4: I feel like people have been posting some like spoilers of okay character stuff at the end, so try to try to if you go in, the more blind, the better I think.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 3: I did see those Farra.
Speaker 2: Two that it was. I'm hoping to see it.
Speaker 3: I saw it twice actually, because I went with my husband and the kids and be the first time, and then Zoe couldn't make it that night, so she wanted to see it, so we went like a couple days later. I actually liked it better the second time, I think because the first time I went into it with like expectations, expectations of what and I've been reading so much stuff that people are like, it's terrifying, it's and I was like, I was expecting like a horror horror movie, you know what I mean, And it was like atmospheric or definitely, And then once I watched it like that, I was like, oh no, I actually like the It's shot beautifully and the story and the lightning and all that, you know. But yeah, it was very good.
Speaker 2: So it's no, Yeah, I can't wait. I'm sure I'll be seeing it pretty soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, the I'm sure that the Again, our crossover audience is huge between that, you know, the horror and the full house.
Speaker 1: Sure do you get recognized more for horror stuff or full House or something something difference.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's totally random, and it is kind of fun being I look very different and the beard. I can be kind of incognito when I when I feel like in La everyone knows on one that's in.
Speaker 2: The industry, so we're a little jaded. It's not that big a deal.
Speaker 4: I did get recognized actually, kind of recently, which is always surprises me because as an adult, I feel like it look so different.
Speaker 2: But uh yeah, I think it's a healthy balance.
Speaker 4: I like being able to lead a somewhat normal life and then on the occasions it does happen and.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, that's that's really cool, thank you, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nice, nice. Yeah. So now it's you were in the business as a kid and then you kind of stepped out away from it and you're still like connected to it. But if you could give one piece of advice to like young actors out there, and obviously you were a very very young actor, but like, what would what would it be as somebody who has been in it, who has walked away from it, who is tangentially still sort of related to it, Like what would be your biggest piece of advice to young people coming into it?
Speaker 4: Man, there's so many aspects to it. That's a great question. I wish I had like a solid answer in the holstery. Yeah, I mean is if you're passionate about it, if you enjoy it. Only do it if you enjoy it, and if you're willing to put the work in, because, like anything, the more you learn about it, the more you learn there is to know about it. The well goes deep and sometimes it's a lot of the work behind the scenes. That's the real job. So if you're prepared for that and you can you know, navigate and adapt to that. Yeah, find find your passion, find your niche, niche, find what other people like that you do that you enjoy, which I'm also kind of dabbling in now. I'm late to the party, but I'm kind of looking into like streaming and stuff. So Okay, this is advice I've been giving myself. Right, Hopefully it works for me. Maybe it'll work for you. Yeah, that's kind of where my head's at.
Speaker 3: Nice, Okay, good well, Michoel. It has been so awesome to have you on the show. I'm just it's been so much fun to, like anytime have everybody, like all of these old characters come back and see people that we haven't seen for thirty years. Although I feel like an asshole because I have seen you in the last thirty years, but I didn't even know it.
Speaker 2: We were busy.
Speaker 3: That's true, because I will be I would never in a million years have recognized you. I would know your name in an instant, but I would never like, oh my god, it's Miko.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys probably get recognized all the time because you look very similar.
Speaker 3: That's that's probably I basically just took the head of my nine year old self and like placed it on an adult person. Yeah, it's harder.
Speaker 1: It's harder for us to hide, to blend into normal atmospheres because when I throw.
Speaker 3: My beard out, though, it really does I get to be much more incognitio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is actually just bell Crow.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, you're actually quick question how was COVID? Did you guys like was that a relief to not get recognized so much with the masks and like or did you get recognized just as much?
Speaker 1: I like, I liked wearing masks, but I still got recognized with a mask and like that, and yeah, it's kind of in the grocery store, I'm just like.
Speaker 3: How do you And then yeah, to take pictures and I'm like, this is weird.
Speaker 5: I will part.
Speaker 3: I definitely like was surprised at how many people would just recognize you. But it's also I think, like you open your mouth and then that's that kind of happenway too. There's a lot the voice and I would say that like it had sort of probably tapered off a little bit, and then we did fuller and so then it was like now now we're back as the way we look now, so then it got definitely true. I think got more people recognizing us. Sure, yeah, the masks were the masks were nice for a little while. Yeah right, that's right, that's our disguise code masks exactly. I just actually wear a full mask of Andrea's head when I go out. It's just like like those weird Nixon masks. Yeah, yes, and I just like her. And then yeah, sign my name on an autograph.
Speaker 2: I do, I do.
Speaker 3: You've You've been committing a lot of crimes, so I'm looking for you waiting for it wasn't me. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Oh, thank you so much for men on the show today.
Speaker 2: Migo.
Speaker 3: We absolutely here. It was really really cool and love to hear that you're like still in the business and loving it and a filmmaker. And yeah, we we can't seem to peel ourselves away from it either, So I think it's true. It's true, really is. Well, thank you so much, Miko. We loved having you on the show. Really appreciate it and hopeful thanks to see you soon. Why, Oh my god, Oh my gosh, what a great guy, so great. I cannot believe that he worked a day on a movie and didn't say anything.
Speaker 1: Well, I could see because it is chaotic. You're trying to cram a bunch of scenes into the last day.
Speaker 3: That day was a little hectic because it was I think it was the only day that we could get Vivika Fox her schedule, so I had like a lot of stuff to shoot in a short amount of time. Yeah, so that that's understandable that he But still, what is Mako so excited? But you know what I will say to like, actually, I respect for you know, he was like and this is not the time or the play.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: He professional, but very professional. But I'm not. So that's what I don't. Yeah, don't don't hold yourself to a higher professional standard than I do. So, yeah, I wonder.
Speaker 1: So you don't think you would have recognized it, because I the eye recognized him at all. His eyes like look the same to me, but the beard and everything. No, I would walk past him. I did, then I would have.
Speaker 3: I did not even just walk past on the street. Was in the vicinity for all day and I've had no idea, So yeah, there's me being observant. But no, I just like he wow, so what a.
Speaker 1: Great Yeah he's he's what a great guy, just such not affected at all by acting at the starting acting at the age of twenty two months. Yeah, like a lot of that, Like he was mentioning like how much of that is really your choice?
Speaker 3: When I was gonna say, well, yeah, yeah, yeah, you're I don't know of acting at twenty two months, you're just being You're just.
Speaker 1: Being cute or funny or horrific whatever whatever the scene called, whatever it calls for.
Speaker 3: The PSA was for, Oh should I should have been like what was the public service? What were you announcing to the public? Yeah, what service were you providing them? Right at twenty two months? Like what could.
Speaker 2: Possibly was it?
Speaker 3: Like a you know, was it like what was he educated? Like mothers driving or something, you know, on a little baby in the car and they're like, don't drink a drive or whatever it is. But yeah, but that was that was really fun And yeah, I never would have never would have recognized him in a bazillion years.
Speaker 1: Oh he's he's great, he's fantas so happy for him.
Speaker 3: On our show. I know, right, we're getting into uh some of Michelle's crew, her people. Yeah, and we've got a lot more to Blake Ewing. I know it would be great to get Journey Smollett, but I don't know that she'll I don't she's pretty famous now, well doesn't her to ask doesn't. Yeah, she's super talented and yeah, yeah, I really love watching her. Yeah, We've got all kinds of people. But this was so much fun. I loved it. Thank you so much, fan Rito's for listening.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Obviously we love to hear your guys' thoughts and comments, so make sure you're following us on Instagram at how Rude Podcast and Big News. We have changed our email address for reasons that I'll get into later or not at all. Uh, but the new email address wipe the old one from your brain. I'm not even gonna say it because I don't remember it. But it's how Rude Tanner Rito's at gmail dot com. That's how Rude Tanner at gmail dot com. If you know the name of this podcast, you will know our gmail. So send us some send us comments, questions, any ideas that you have for some fun minisodes. We love that kind of stuff. I have questions you want us to answer all that kind of stuff, and uh yeah, thanks for joining us for another fun episode of a I almost said full House. I almost said another episode of full House, and then I was like wait, wait, wait, no, wow. After I just went on a whole thing about if you know the name of this podcast, you'll know our gmail. And then I was like, but I don't you need a break, get your bracelet. There is some dang bracelet right here, but that doesn't have the name of the podcast. We need to get you.
Speaker 1: I know that we need to get you one with the name of the podcast.
Speaker 3: The new email address with my name on it. Remind myself who I am. Oh boy, Well, thank you guys for listening. We love you fan ritos. Make sure you're liking and subscribing to the podcast wherever you're listening to it so you get all the newest hot breaking information, like like me forgetting the name of the podcast, Uh getting it as soon as the new episodes drop. And we love you guys. Thanks for listening. And remember the world is small, but my brain is smaller because I can't remember.
Speaker 1: You're hold deeper and deeper and I want to help, but I'm like, nope.
Speaker 3: She's going beyond it, cause it's just let me spin out and it'll be fine. Bye bye