Speaker 1: Welcome back to Unplugged. We got a good one for you guys.
Speaker 2: This week.
Speaker 1: We're welcome to the family our guy mad Max. He'll be joining me talking everything from NBA, more Max stories, what he's going to be doing with the company, a little bit of college.
Speaker 2: So make sure you guys stay.
Speaker 1: Tuned first and foremost, Man, I want to get this whole thing started with welcoming the newest member to the family, Mad Max.
Speaker 2: Max, Welcome, bro.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it, Man, thanks a lot. Yeah, I've been this for a long time. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, we've been trying to line up for a long time and and you know, perfect timing was perfect time, and we locked down an all star Man. And the feedback from your episode has been incredible. I mean millions and millions and millions of impressions and comments and celebrities commenting that you know, to say that that was their favorite. This is the best episode. We've had a long list of great guests, and Max, you stole all the thunder Man. How is how is the feedback and re spons being from appearing on our show during All Star for you?
Speaker 4: Man, I done blew up like I was, like I'm played like I was playing in the day of NBA. God damn, I go, Mom, just be like, man, oh, Max, let me take a picture with you. I was like, man, MANE used to get this ship like, but now it's just it's crazy. It's crazy. Man, it was crazy. But it was a great show. And that's what everybody talk about the show Man. It was like, that was one of the best ever. So, I mean, you got kids, you got moms, you got people talk about it, listening to it in the car going to church. I mean, it's so so much. It's a good positive feedback. It was a blessing.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: I had fun on it.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 1: And still seeing clips go viral, it's it's amazing. You'll be a recurring guest to close this season on a couple of different platforms. But also we got something cooking up with you. We got some stuff we've talked about about story time with Max.
Speaker 2: We got to figure out what the name is.
Speaker 1: And I'm calling out any young and upping coming uh animators. We need some animators for Max's new short series. Man, so come come fuck come fuck with us and Max, and we need to fuck with.
Speaker 2: Max with Max.
Speaker 1: Hey, So any animators out there, man, hit us in the dms. We're looking for young, new, up and coming animators man to animate Max story times, so that should be fun.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We're really excited to get you in the mix. It kind of feels like our sweet spot with that show is eighties and nineties, kind of early two thousand players, Like our fan base goes crazy for that man, So you fit right in that fold and you yeah, like I said, you stole all the light man, So we're excited to have you here with us. Some of the big celebrities jumped on, like Jamie Fox said it was the greatest interview ever. What does I mean when you hear something like that from from a legendary one of the most talented mans in the business, how does that make you feel?
Speaker 3: Man, it's a blessing. Man, Just you know, that's my guy. I've been watching him for a long time.
Speaker 4: I've never ever officially had a chance to meet this motherfucker, but I do want.
Speaker 3: To meet your motherfucking.
Speaker 4: L a more.
Speaker 3: I've got to got to make.
Speaker 2: It'm line that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna line that. He's gonna see this too. I'm a line that. That's that's the rope on the show. And we can make sure we definitely lined it up. But one thing I wanted to tap into Max. I've seen a lot of cougars on their hollering for old Max. A lot of cougars on there. A lot of ladies was on there hollering for old Max. Max, you still got that.
Speaker 4: Juice, baxt Hey, Hey, I know I've seen that too.
Speaker 3: I saw that.
Speaker 1: I don't want to disrespect I don't know, I don't want I don't want to disrespect your citution. I don't know what your situation is, but I just saw a lot of ladies in there loving on Max.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw that too.
Speaker 4: Man, Damn, I ain't think they want the old dog.
Speaker 3: I ain't think they want old Dog.
Speaker 4: I appreciate Hey, but hey, real appreciate all your hey, Hey, appreciate you ladies, man, I appreciate all the love. Stay stay tuned now, Like we say, stay tuned. It's a lot of more ship coming out. But we're gonna catch up. I'm gonna catch up to you.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: One of the funnier comings that we saw that we wanted to highlight. Someone said, any athlete they could smoke, snort and drink and still put up numbers as a superhero. Regular people can't.
Speaker 3: Keep That's what the fuck I was, Like, I keep saying roy Max, Like when I was at Florida, Man, half of the time, Man, I ain't even know I was. What the fuck I was? Man, I was sure I was the time at that motherfucker.
Speaker 4: I mean, I wasn't going to class. I was just you know, fucking fighting with coaches and ships. Not my coach, but one coach, my head coach. God bless them though, but it was just it was just a mess man at the University of Florida. The University of Florida. Y'all need to get this shit together. And I appreciate y'all trying to. We're trying to get in touch with each other, and we're trying to make this happen.
Speaker 3: But I need let's make this shit happen. Now, come on now before I get off this earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, man, you already know we're gonna put some heat on them, hopefully be able to sit down and see we could make happen. But I mean, outside all that, you look great man, sixty years old, still active bike riding. How you doing. I remember when we had talked at all star. You were just recovering from a bike accident. Your body back healthy?
Speaker 2: You good, man, I'm healthy now.
Speaker 4: Shit, you know, I heal real well. You know to be as old as I am.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: So I'm fine, Man, I'm healthy. I'm all the way back now.
Speaker 4: I can do all my animal made a shit like I like to do when I'm on the camera, and I can do all my shit.
Speaker 3: So I'm back. Man.
Speaker 1: We've had a lot of people on this show, and again, you were one of the most fierce competitors out there. We got a little taste of some stuff with you and MJ. You got any stories with Kobe oh Man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Man, Kobe Ship? Who when I hate to tell this my fucking story.
Speaker 3: God bless you, Kobe Man. God damn Cob Man.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 4: He was in high school his senior year. I was with the Sixers back in I.
Speaker 3: Think it was ninety five, ninety six something like that.
Speaker 4: He was in high school with the Sixers and and John and Lucas bringing and the practice with us and Ship.
Speaker 3: So I was like, man, they got my mother forgotn't seen him. I see him over there, Lord Marion playing and Ship. I'm watching him, you know, on TV, and I'm watching him play. I'm like, he's tough. Damn.
Speaker 4: I don't think he ready for this damn grown man ship. You know, That's what I thought when he walked in.
Speaker 3: That motherfucker, you know, you know, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: But then so we started playing and he was playing, and you know, and and I think it was me and Jerry Stackhouse. We were on the starting team with the sixers in Kobe. That just throw Kobe on our.
Speaker 3: Second team and shitting, I'm.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm going kolbe shit, Well I'm a two in here two so shit and shit, that motherfucker came at me, I said, I pulled up all I said, Oh my goodness, Okay, this little motherfucker's for real. I said, this motherfucker the heah, I said, So I gotta really scrap up.
Speaker 3: And you know, check the smotherfucker.
Speaker 4: So I was like, God, damn the motherfucker. So then I scrapped up. The next time. You know, probably not not the next two times. He probably ain't do nothing, but he really had my ass beat.
Speaker 3: He could have.
Speaker 4: Did something, but I was glad to nigga he was passive because I think he was just trying to feel his way around the motherfucker. You know out there on the court, you know you don't wanna step on. Nobody told, especially you watch playing on TV. So this motherfucking then so I'm like, god damn.
Speaker 3: So he had me be. He could have went on took the shot, but he gave it up, made great passes. I said, damn, the smitherfucker play. So then I got Damn. I tried to get the physical with it, motherfucker. And why did I do that?
Speaker 4: This just mother He started putting my lass in that post and started talking and doing all that.
Speaker 3: I said, this motherfucker play just like.
Speaker 4: Mike, and this I mean that when my motherfucker was tough man.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 4: He was so tough man and didn't he started coming downhill at me, and man, it was unbelieva me. I couldn't do nothing with this smartfucker man. And but back then he wasn't talking shit. He was just he was just killing niggas and just killing.
Speaker 2: He just came.
Speaker 4: He came down and gave me probably about twelve straight and John Leuis stock and called time out and asked.
Speaker 3: Me, man, when are you gonna go This motherfucker?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: When is you gonna start going this motherfucker this man, God damn. So that's when I told Kobe Bryant.
Speaker 4: That's when I told Kobe being Brian, I said, Kobe, I want to tell you something, son. I said, Man, don't you touch no motherfucking college for man.
Speaker 3: You come on, man, you read at it.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm one of the better defenders in this motherfucker.
Speaker 3: The way you did today, Man, I know I found come on, man, come on to get your money.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's my story about man much love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, man, rest of peace. I loved it because I've heard that story before. But I say, I didn't know you were. I just heard he went out there and did his thing. I didn't know you was guarding him.
Speaker 2: So he gave me.
Speaker 3: They got me caught up in the motherfucking bullshit.
Speaker 2: Kind of.
Speaker 1: Another story I literally just heard the other day. Magic Johnson went on Byron Scott's podcast talk about when you called out Magic.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah, see I saw that ship.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna play the clip. We're gonna play the clip.
Speaker 6: I remember when Maxwell was on you.
Speaker 5: Maxwell said he could guard him out loud, out loud, So me and I said, Buck, you did you what he just said? He starts skyt hooking Max last death right and you know me and cool Buck, that's why we're talking.
Speaker 2: About kill his ass.
Speaker 5: He can't call you Buck, Buck catch the next one the post Max.
Speaker 2: Saying hey, man, come help, come out. No, no, no, you don't need no help. Know what you said.
Speaker 5: And that was like the first time you saw Buck turned and somebody said, oh no, no, no, you said you don't need no help because we always talked with each other and get each other going, because we held each other to a different standard.
Speaker 2: Max to the trick bag.
Speaker 1: Huh Hey, magic a magic is six magic is six nine. Though people don't realize how big man? How what do you how tell you? Sixty four six three six four?
Speaker 3: I'm six four? Yeah, I'm six.
Speaker 2: Four yeah, So.
Speaker 3: I never was. I was one hundred and ninety five pounds, but I didn't no excuse.
Speaker 2: But you're real man.
Speaker 3: That's a real true story. And fine, that's a bullshit by. You're on some bullshit b you know you my nigga be but I ain't like it. Where you how you gonna bring that ship up on y'all page? Man? Okay, b we're gonna get I'm gonna get you on some to be But that's cool. Bee, I like that ship. That's well, but it's a cool fucking story. And Magic.
Speaker 4: Yeah you did do that, but on the flip side though, Now I gotta tell it's two sides of all the ship.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now I was big, I asked the Navy.
Speaker 4: Yeah he did put me down that post, y'all saying he did block the little shot, but I ain't.
Speaker 3: He blocked a little shot when I went in there. But but normally.
Speaker 4: Magic after they score, when Madgie thought I got them, look on me when they score, magic, bick ass, they cross guard, damn you got coming to me and Magic running over there, Togain and Magic getting out the well. This motherfucking problems because he knows I was back at it.
Speaker 3: Gonna have Mattie, you know you weren't coming over that. Now use cross guard now, y'all. Motherfuckers get this story right now.
Speaker 1: They Hey, Madi, you want no problems on defense?
Speaker 4: No, sir, Matty big ass couldn't move his feet now. I love him to death now, but goddamn now matter, use a couchy on defense. Its CAUs d now I love him. I love cash on defense. Now you go raight by that big old motherfucker. Now slow now semen.
Speaker 1: Bootsmen, boots, and we gotta line you up with b Scott. That's the holy too. We play golf together. I'm gonna line you have a be Scott when you come out here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tell me I gotta get it too. Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Well let's get to some current NBA news. Uh.
Speaker 1: This segments called Sparks or Fire, brought to you by Row Fast Acting long Lasting Geno Davis ed Treatment. So have you seen Brandon Jennings calling out all the players from his own night raft lately? Yes, that seems like some ship you might That seemed like some ship you might do.
Speaker 2: Max, jeff T not not anybody.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna play jeff T?
Speaker 2: I want to play Jeff T.
Speaker 1: I want to play Ty Loss and I want to play lou Will.
Speaker 4: I like Brandon Jenner's a lot, you know, I mean like me too. He was he was tough and they came in the league. I like Brandon Jenny, but I think Brandon was smoking some real good ship.
Speaker 3: Well I thought they went on.
Speaker 4: I mean, I love you, Brandon, now you know I love you boy, you know I love you so but I don't know what they were smoking before they.
Speaker 2: Went on, and he went on. He want to he wanted. He went on saying, and I'll give it.
Speaker 1: I mean, Brandon Jennings has always been when he was healthy, He's been a killer since I since high school. He went overseas and then came and when he got to the league, he was ready to go and he was rocking his first year. But I mean, Drew Holliday is is tough. Drew Holliday is tough. Brandon was a big time scorer. But Brandon or you know, Drew his two ways. He's smart, built four tough. Uh. He also called out some other guys though. He called out Jeff Tig, Ty Lawson, Lou Will all them dudes.
Speaker 2: Tigue was a killer.
Speaker 1: Ty Lawson is still playing overseas if I'm not mistaken. So he's ready and you know, you know sweet Lou Lou is always ready to hoop.
Speaker 2: So in twenty four hours, all.
Speaker 1: All these dudes responding, So we may have some kind of one on one challenge. Maybe we can get some money together for all the smoke and have you hosted the one on one Hey.
Speaker 2: Hosted by Mad Max. Let's maybe maybe we didn't like that, might need to go.
Speaker 1: We might need to go get ce four the sponsor a CEE four. I got a proposition for you, guys, man, we might need to the Mad Max C four one on one. We'll get some money, We'll get some.
Speaker 2: Brand.
Speaker 3: He said that, he said he want he called that name we wanted.
Speaker 1: Let's make it, Hey, b b J. You was called you was cold, bro. But I hope you're ready because you called us some real, some real hoopers. But I love I love that kind of competitive spirit. I mean, I don't know he's necessarily agree, but I mean, you know, you gotta think that way. And you know Brand has always been a hooper. So I'm not even mad at the way he's thinking. But now you're gonna have to back it up. He's probably not. Drew's not gonna play him obviously. You know he's still in the league doing the same. The guys out the league that you called out, you got they coming. So Max is this is this is this sparks or fire? Max is real fire or Sparks?
Speaker 3: Oh man, I think it's fire Man. I like it. I like it.
Speaker 1: It's fire fire, sir, anyone, anyone you can call out your draft class. I don't think most people in Max's draft class can still really move around. Max is the Max Is Special. Max still move around like he's in his thirties. But this motherfuckers, man.
Speaker 3: You hit it right on, you hit it round the head. My knick.
Speaker 4: These motherfuckers, you know, these guys. I wouldn't even know who these motherfuckers is have.
Speaker 2: Now you know they been.
Speaker 3: I love all your motherfuckers.
Speaker 4: I love all your motherfuckers. Now, don't get offended, and I'll be talking shit about old Max. Don't come in my box with all that bullshit. I love all your motherfuckers from the eighty eighty five. You motherfuckers doing better than what you was doing.
Speaker 2: What you used to do.
Speaker 1: Shit, do something, huh hey transitioning. The Celtics were just purchased for a record sale for North American franchise six point one billion. But what I wanted to discuss obviously, congratulations to the new ownership, But the narrative that that that you know, the ratings are down and and and the NBA needs to fix this this and that. At the end of the day, the business of the NBA is still booming, and I don't want people and we were someone to talk about the ratings and all that kind of stuff. But it's big as it's ever been on on social media. Obviously, out of every sports team ever sold, you know this, this team just went for the most. So I think this opens a lot of doors and room for expansion.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: You know, the NBA has been talking about adding a couple more teams. You know, they just signed that huge ivany six billion dollar TV deal, biggest obviously in sports. What does it say about the strength of the NBA. I think everyone always likes to complain about it, but at the end of the end of the day, the business of the NBA has never been as strong as it is now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I think.
Speaker 4: With all the gambling sites and all this other stuff and and just you know, just like you said already, the TV deal, man, it's after man, so and that's why these guys are able to pay these guys all this money, the way they pay these guys nowadays, because of the TV ratings and.
Speaker 3: The way it's out the roof.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: But I don't have a problem with it, but I wish the motherfuckers would give old Max a little something out of that motherfucky five.
Speaker 1: Oh God, damn Max, what kind of deal could you have got today? Don't don't, don't be a deal for give me a five year that Max, that Max would have got for five years.
Speaker 2: They had to be in the two hundreds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. At least at least I'm gonna be monison Ship. I'm gonna say about one.
Speaker 2: That would have been good enough for Max yoah.
Speaker 3: Ship Max big Hey man, Hey, I'm I'm gone.
Speaker 4: Nigga, that's generational wealth, that generational wealth.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be done. Y'all are gonna hear about me. I'm straighten the fuck up.
Speaker 4: They're gonna say, damn, this motherfucker has changed like a motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nigga, ain't mad. Max, don't know this motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Glad Max, Glad Max? This money? Uh shit, man.
Speaker 1: The West, the Western Conference, the Rockets are second in the West. They won nine out of ten, seventh in offense, second in defense since this stretch. Uh, this is a young team out there. What are your thoughts on this team? They definitely want smoke, but what is your thought on this young Rockets team led by one of the best minds in basketball.
Speaker 2: Email you Doka, Oh, man, I don't know.
Speaker 3: What you Doka is doing over there.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: He's a he's a real good coach, man.
Speaker 4: I mean he he blessed Boston by leaving the team over there. Who's with the young guy over there coaching now? But I mean the Rockets, man, those guys man, they.
Speaker 3: Want some smoke. Like you said, man, they don't care who they play. They competitive. Man.
Speaker 4: I just think with the Rockets, man, this summer, they got to get somebody like like they keep saying.
Speaker 2: KD or you know what I mean. I was going to ask you.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask you they need a solidified vet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, a real solidify, a real score type guy over there. Man. I mean I mean once they need a real true score. I mean, a guy's gonna get double team night in and night out. I mean because, I mean because on the defensive end.
Speaker 3: They got it. They ain't scared of it, no more fucker by it. They scared of him. I mean, I love they to nasty on defense.
Speaker 4: Shit that reminded him of my I mean shit, I mean they got dealing crazy ass over there being dealing, you know, I mean dealing the villain I call him so, I mean so, and they got a lot of guys loves compete. The Thompson guy, that one of that twin guy here, I mean, he's crazy, but he's a crazy, he's a beast. And uh then they got Tory coming off the bench and they just got to I mean, I love their team, but they just need that one piece, and I think it need a guy like KD.
Speaker 1: Like a guy like I mean, I think that's a perfect you know, you see we talked about it last week on the show with Kd's body language and kind of just the frustration that I think, you know, obviously losing causes, but also I think he got a little frustrated we got about getting thrown, you know, in the mix of the trade that line without giving giving the heads up. But if you take KD and put him off on this Houston team, I mean you that that's a championship contender off the rip because for every reason that you named, all the pieces that they have surrounding him, a young, hungry team bench.
Speaker 4: Everything, they got guys from up the bench compete. I mean it's I love the Rockets team. I mean, I mean, so I.
Speaker 3: Think they could make they can they can do a little bit better with some of the pieces they got.
Speaker 4: They got a lot of pieces they can get, do some trading a little bit, just summering and and get some more better pieces, you know. But I mean, I like the direction they're going in and Ship. I love what the Rockets are doing.
Speaker 1: That's my squad, right So Max, you know, and and Vent and have been to the finals and been to the top of the mountain. We we know normally, come playoff time, experience matters, and although the Rockets are young, they're sitting at the top of a tough Western Conference, but we know, come playoff time, it's a it's a different type of game.
Speaker 2: Do you see.
Speaker 1: It's two part question. Obviously, okc is is a young team too. They've had their ups and downs in the playoffs, and this could possibly be the year they come out. Are you betting on those two younger teams at the top. Are you still looking more at those veteran teams, the Warriors, the Lakers possibly Denver if they can get their act together this this home stretcher, or do you think this could be the year that one of the younger teams represent the Western Conference?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I just think this year, man, I mean, okay, see man, them young boys.
Speaker 3: Them boys playing tough, man.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean they're undersized a lot when they sometimes when they playing out there where they have both of the seven pulls off the floor. Now they start to staging them now. But yeah, but I like, okay, see man, because Shay Gilchris Man, I'm a motherfucking man.
Speaker 3: That's a fucking problem. That's a fucking real problem out jaed.
Speaker 4: That's I mean, shit, man, I mean, off night is twenty six like last night of the Cruiser in the first quarter, like I'm gonna let the smart folks get off and shit they just I mean, but I mean that's smart.
Speaker 3: Fuck he's he's he's on another plane.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 4: But I just think in seven games series, I think it'll be tough, you know, I mean for anybody to beat them. But that's why I like in the West man. But I mean, I mean, I just those guys. I like the way those young guys play. They compete hard, man, and then and then they got you the two bigs, you know what I mean, you know Homeroom and another big guy, you know, Hartenstein. So I mean both of those guys well, so.
Speaker 3: I mean I like the team.
Speaker 4: I like them, but I mean Denver, you know, they're scary, Yes, Denmer in the seven game series with them would be scary, man.
Speaker 3: I mean Denver winning there and beat them like a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 4: So you know, and I think they was trying to send them motherfucker and let them motherfuckers.
Speaker 3: Know all right now, y'all better be ready when the ship happens.
Speaker 4: And then then the Lakers will be scary too, you know, with both of those motherfuckers, with Luca and Lebron, you know, and then the way they've been playing deepense, they've been playing around. I mean, guys been making shot. So Lady's gonna be tough to on a seven game series because just the fact that you have Lebron and.
Speaker 1: Luca and Luca. Yeah, no, I agree. I think this could be the year that Oklahoma City is on their shit and represents the West.
Speaker 2: But it also could be a year that.
Speaker 1: They get knocked out or you know, beat in the second round and have to lick their wounds because you know, once they arrived, they're going to be there for a three or four year run, and it could very well start transitioning into college. The transfer portal. I want to talk about this, and I also want to talk about a little bit about the age thing, because we both have You have a son that was in high school last year that's in junior college now, and I have sons coming down the pipeline. So don't let me forget that. But the transfer portal is open in the middle of March Madness and JJ Watt, former NFL great tweeted the NCAA transfer portal opening before March Madness ends, same as the football portal opening before Bold season ends, is prepostero. That's a big word, literally, cannibizing your own sport. Imagine NFL free agencies starting the Monday after wild Card weekend. Obviously, this portal nil collectives all this shit that people were screaming for, and I was one of them screaming for athletes need to be paid. All this stuff is kind of materialized in the last handful of years, and it really really seems like the wild wild West. But let's address one of these at a time.
Speaker 2: The portal.
Speaker 1: The portal is an absolute mess. Thousands and thousands upon thousands of kids in there for only maybe two hundred two hundred and twenty schools, so only so many different opportunities. But the thought that it's open while the biggest part of your season is happening. What is your thoughts on that?
Speaker 2: Max?
Speaker 4: Oh, Man, that's portal. Shit is crazy, man, But I mean I get it, you know. I mean, I mean we've been on this for a long time. Athletes get paid college I mean, but I mean I just think they just got a shit's out of control. I mean, you got I mean, it's just how she got twenty seven year old motherfuckers and shit. And I heard Bruce now I here Bruce Pearl and shit say the other day, like, man, he's trying to talk to this kid back coming back into school, and his kid's already twenty six years old. He's really trying to talk this motherfucker in the coming back to school and he's twenty six years he's gonna be twenty eleven.
Speaker 3: Man, who does this shit? Man, what are we talking about? Man? This? I mean, they got to have an age limit on this ship. I don't care about paying these pay the kids, pay the kids.
Speaker 4: Whoever pay who's supposed to get paid, do that, do all that.
Speaker 3: But man, you got to put an age limit on this shit. Man. You got a fucking.
Speaker 4: Twenty seven, twenty six year old man playing against a fucking nineteen eighteen year old kid.
Speaker 3: Man. I mean, oh man, that's all I'm saying. Man, you gotta they gotta put an age limit on this ship. Now.
Speaker 4: Like I mean, back in the day when I was graduating not a car I went four years at the University of Florida. Okay, okay, and motherfucker was doing that. Back then, it wasn't nobody really coming at one.
Speaker 2: That was the norm. Yeah, that was the norm.
Speaker 4: Yep, yeah, so so and goddamn I was twenty two.
Speaker 3: You know when I went to them, I was twenty two.
Speaker 2: God damn.
Speaker 3: I mean, what age limit. We're like, we're gonna let nw it's gonna go to twenty seven this ship. This kids ain't got a goddamn chance.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I definitely think that there has to be some sort of age limit set. I mean, I think seventeen some guys are coming in at seventeen a little bit younger, but twenty three. I think twenty four has to kind of be the cap. I mean, I think if you're eighteen, that gives you two extra years. If you have four eighteen to twenty two is four years injury, red shirt whatever.
Speaker 2: Since you would give maybe two extras.
Speaker 1: But I think after anything after twenty four and I'm all for everyone trying to get education, and that's what some because when I discussed this, oh that you can't tell who and who can't get it. If you're trying to get education, that's great. Just get off, get out the way of the sports side of things. But again I don't blame the kids or the coaches, because this is what it is like. Coaches are playing, you know, getting kids for their job like this, Their jobs depend on these older kids. And we know how big of a difference an eighteen year old body to a twenty two year old body, to a twenty four year old body, to your coming into your man, your prime at twenty six, twenty seven, twenty eight as an actual man. So to think about that playing against you know, kids that are seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, it just doesn't really make sense to me. And again I think, you know, the transfer portal is crazy, and I'm all four kids getting money, but I just think they have to somehow find some regulations, whether there's a there's a there's a sit out period like there used to be. Remember if you used to transfer years, used to have to sit out for a year. Yeah, there has to be some sort of some kind of regulations or ordinance, or there has to just be someone has to bang the gavel and put some ship because this is it's just absolutely fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: His out of control. Man, it's so out of control. Man, I just I fucked that. Damn. I man, my kid just got schooled that ship. But it's okay, Yeah, we're good, We're still work hard.
Speaker 1: But let's talk about that because again, I have kids that are sophomores that you know, just just turned sixteen, and you know they're trying to make.
Speaker 2: Their way and grinding every day.
Speaker 1: And then again, you had a son who was a senior last year right in high school and you know, put great numbers, two time state champion, played with the kid over it.
Speaker 2: What's the kid of duke that he or he played with the kid of duke?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, and your son was right in the mix. But just all these he's a smaller guard and all these older, bigger guys are are are you know, are taking up jobs?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And I get it, And like I said, once again, I get it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, but shit, my man, he's six four, but he was said he was six four, one thirty five.
Speaker 3: You know, out of high school, he worked out a lot.
Speaker 2: He just cain't.
Speaker 3: You know, he just can't gain weight like his dad. It just I just can't gain weight, you know. And he got my you know DNA. This motherfucker just can't gain But he's gotten bigger. But he went. He had it. You know, we had and I ain't complaining.
Speaker 4: I know a lot of you motherfucker's finna get in my dim not this motherfucker shit. Oh match, you should have. You should have got him ready. He just wasn't ready and Max all this bullshit. So I was getting ready for that bullshit too. Okay, but back to the story. But no, man, my man was he was two times. I mean we he state champion at North Back High School out of Charlotte. I mean him and I said, average the average twenty one, you know, six rebounds, you know, three steals, you know. I mean, he was a hell of a ball player.
Speaker 3: But he just I mean he was. He was a four star.
Speaker 4: They an four star and good man, no more, motherfucker college basketball.
Speaker 3: Motherfucker. You got to be.
Speaker 4: Five star McDonald's all American. I mean, you got to be one of those guys like that the goal.
Speaker 1: Then take an older three star or with experience and strength and and you know, someone who's been through that battle. I think I was here. I was hearing some guys talk during the tournament this weekend, and just the biggest difference. And it's true on every level because obviously making that jump to the NBA, where it used to be the strength was was a lot different. Just the strength of the game, the strength and the speed of the game. Each level you go to is a lot different and you have to really be prepared for that to be.
Speaker 2: Able to hold your own. Man.
Speaker 1: So again, the n C double A, it's the best time in college basketball is right now on the men and women's side. But yeah, I just think this, this portal and all this stuff is absolutely crazy.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: So you know, hopefully something will be figured out and you know, we can see these kids playing. This message is brought to you by Captain Morgan, America's number one sprice rum. The legend starts when you follow the Captain Max speaking of Captain Morgan in the legend of the captain. Who is the greatest leader on the floor or captain you ever played with?
Speaker 3: Captain? Mm hmm hmmm. Damn boy, that's a good question. Man. Oh oh man.
Speaker 4: Probably guy when I was in college, my man, God bless him, Ronnie Montgomery, uh was back. Huh yeah, yeah, yeah he was. He was such a special guy, man, and such a great teammate, and he lift everybody up. And I mean, I'm just saying this because the motherfucker he kept me under wraps, you know, because because I knew it was hard for him. But he was the one that if it wasn't for him, I really don't think I would have made.
Speaker 3: It, you know, to the NBA because of him.
Speaker 4: Because a lot of times he's the one I used to you know, I could talk to it, and he'll come and talk to me, and he's the one to tell me, all right, match you fucking up, man, you need to chill me.
Speaker 3: And you know so, but uh yeah, him, he was.
Speaker 4: He He that guy right there. He was the he was all the ultimate teammate. I mean, I mean, he was, He's past first guy. And that's how it became the all time leading score at the university's board because of him, because he rother. He'll have a damn wide over layup and he'll be ten feet in front of me.
Speaker 3: He'll turn around and throw at me. I'm five feet behind.
Speaker 4: He give me and let me go dump the motherfucker. So that's he's just a special individual, man. So Ronnie Montgomery, that's my guy. That's who I get a buck the flowers too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it. I love it. Now.
Speaker 1: Question who are you rooting for in the NCAA tournament right now? Are you still rooting for Florida? Even though it's a little rocky over there? You just watching games?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a rocket, But I'm still rooting for my Gators.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I think we have a legit chance to win it this year.
Speaker 4: I mean, I like the way the guys playing and our coach is doing a great job.
Speaker 3: So I'm rooting for the Gators. Let's go, go Gators, baby, Let's go.
Speaker 1: Hey tough one yesterday, man, man, yesterday you call almost got y'all boys.
Speaker 4: Get two time champion back to back. You know they gonna miss hard. That's gonna be a hard out. You know, the motherfuckers got pride. You know the coach over there is good coach, great coach. So you know, we knew it was gonna be tough, but I thought, damn, it's gonna beat them by I was gambling.
Speaker 3: Motherfucker's flaughter got damn. Now I'm trying this, my littlefucker. How this guy damn kid spread. Yeah, this motherfucker fucked the money up yesterday. The motherfucker the kids shot.
Speaker 4: The kids shot the goddamn ball at the end of the game at the buzzer, and y'all down five fucking points, man, Stop doing that ship.
Speaker 1: Hey, they got commercials for niggas like you, Max, I know, Hey, thanks, they said, don't fuck hey, don't fuck with these kids if yeah, yeah, ye Man, Hey you're Max Max. I appreciate you, man, Welcome to the family. We're gonna have you out here. I think shit next week or the week after to really get down the fellowship in person. Man, But we wanted to thank you so appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Man. Have a good one. We'll talk soon, bro, all right, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Thanks man.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a wrap for this episode of Unplugged. You can catch us on the All the Smoke Productions YouTube and the DraftKings Network.
Speaker 2: We'll see y'all.
Speaker 1: Next week tip off March Basketball with Captain Morgan and DraftKings Play free and take your shot of the share of fifty thousand dollars this March.
Speaker 6: Head over to DraftKings dot com slash Captain Morgan to participate in the five free to play pools doing college basketball's biggest tournament.
Speaker 1: The contest starts March sixteenth, and it'll go through March twenty eighth, So inter now to get in on all the action.
Speaker 6: Eligibility restrictions apply. Must be twenty one plus to enner voidware.
Speaker 1: Prohibited Seedraftkings dot com slash Captain Morgan for details. Please drink responsibly. This episode is brought to you by boost Mobile.
Speaker 6: Boost Mobile is now a legit nationwide five G network. I know we stay joking, but let me take a second to put on my serious voice, because this isn't a joking matter me personally. I will never joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, me, neither them.
Speaker 1: Boost Mobile is now a legit nationwide five G network in alsobrovice coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or your nearest boost Mobile store for more information.
Speaker 6: The boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covered ninety nine percent of the US population. Five G speeds not available in all areas.