Speaker 1: Hey, and welcome to What Future. I am your host, Joshua Tapolski, and today we got a real banger, we got a real killer episode. We have invited back our friends Emil de Rosa and Ben Khan, formerly known as the hosts of a show called Trillionaire Mindset. But they have gone through a transition to a new place. They are moving on into a new state of being, and I wanted to talk to them about it, and you know, about other stuff, because they're super interesting and I don't want to waste any time, so let's just get right into it. I want to set the scene actually for the people who are listening to this and it cannot see it. I've got Emeal and Ben here. They're back, and Emil is in a Uh he's in what looks like, I'd say a teenager's bedroom. Maybe actually it looks like it looks like a bedroom maybe where where somebody where it was It came pre it came pre decorated. He's an hotel. Where are you okay? He's waiting, waggling his fingers saying no. He's trying to get a worded edgewise. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's a dining room that has a desk off the side, and I think he's maybe referring to my very cool uh New Yorker artwork on the wall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every team has. Yeah, it looks like it looks like the department came with the New Yorker poster. That's it doesn't insult to you, or maybe you'll take it as an insult, okay. And then Ben much worse situation. He's sitting on a gray It looks like a sofa. I can't tell. It may be a nice sofa, but it looks like one of those sofas you see on the curb, you know, like someone threw it out because they got a new sofa. But that's the one. I hate this sofa, Yeah, that's the one you have. And then above you, directly symmetrically perfect above you is a in through wall air conditioner with the cord hanging down. So it's a real like one of the guys who gets killed and breaking bad during like a meth deal gone wrong. That's like the it's sort of that vibe. Yeah, listen, I'm not I'm not here to drag your apartments, Okay, I'm here to talk about some real shit. I'm here to talk about some heavy stuff. But before we get into it, Emil, did you get your nose pierced since the last time we talked or was it Pierce? When the last time we talked.
Speaker 2: It was Pierce, But I might have I might have switched out the piercings. I think I might have had a stud last time, which is probably harder for you to see.
Speaker 1: That's right, even though we've got a very high resolution. Yeah, video images here. I like it. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm now rocking a gold nose ring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm My wife has septem piers, so I've seen a lot of different varieties of septum jewelry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fun. You can play with them. Yeah, a little bit of a summer accessory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it. Maybe I'll get a piercing of some sort. Maybe I'll I had my eyebrow pierce in my rave days that it grew out, which I thought was like the universe telling me not to have my eyebrow peers. It was sort of like my body rejected the concept, like the style, which I think is good. All right, So listen, let's I want to talk about a few things here that are very important. Now, you guys were on the show pretty recently, and after the show, by the way, because I had to listen to some episodes of it and watch some of you guys on YouTube. And then after the show, I was telling everybody I could find. I was like, these guys are really funny, you should eat and interesting. You should check out their podcast. Then I get some news. My phone starts blowing up just recently, and I see that you have left the trillionaire mindset completely and moved on. That's correct, And you now have a new podcast. Is that correct? That's right? Am I getting all this right? Is right? And your new podcast is called don't I don't want to mispronounce it, but is it called pay Pigs? Is that correct? Pay pigs with Ben and a meal? That is correct? Yeah, yeah, paypigs with Ben and the meal.
Speaker 2: We wanted to make sure that is as soon as trillion in our mindset was was off the air, that we were right there with our audience still, and so we got to work. We built out, We built out an entire studio.
Speaker 1: You did, Why are you not coming to me from the studio an exact replica of a Meal's apartment. I'm assuming you didn't get to take the desk, which you know I was very enamored with. You didn't get the desk for to get the desk? What happened? Can you tell me what happened? Why did Why is trillion our mindset not happening. You can give me the clean version, like the edited for radio version if you want, or you can give me the truth. That's up to you. Whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Sure, Emil, would you like me to feel this take a stab at it partner?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna take you stop.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go Charlie Manson's style with that him, but one of the other ones.
Speaker 1: That would be someone else explained, No, he did. He told people to stab. But you should actually now tell Emial to do it because that would be more Charlotte.
Speaker 3: No, No, Emil is Chirlie Manson in this case. I'm one of the girls of Summer.
Speaker 1: It's a great and I guess you, I guess great stuff to be thinking about right now. But all right, let's here in a very dark place, Oh Jay Simpson, I'll go okay, so allegedly true.
Speaker 3: So basically, we came to a point with contracts where we just were at an impasse and had to part ways, and due to confidentiality agreements, we can't really say much more than that except for the yeah, we're now on our own.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, I mean classic media story Taylor, as old as time. I'm sure you've been there plenty of times.
Speaker 3: I have. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually, you know, the funny thing about it is it's weird to do something within a within a business where you don't actually have ownership of stuff. And again I'm not I don't know your your total the exact situation, but obviously, like if you had ownership of trillion our mindset, you presumably would still be doing that, maybe just not with the same crew, right right. Actually, one of the reasons I ended up eventually doing a startup was because the idea of pouring all of this like energy and passion and creativity into something that I ultimately could not own in any way was you know, it sucked. It sucks, you know to a degree. I mean there's certain things you do with like you're an accountant and you're like doing you you work at H and R Block or whatever, and you're like doing taxes for people like I don't You're like, wow, I wish I could take ownership of these people's taxes. That doesn't make any sense, you know what I'm saying, Like, there's a lot of work you do if you work in retail, for instance, Like you're not like, why don't I own the gap? Probably right? But if you've built something like from the ground up that is like has your essentially your name and personality attached to it, and you don't own it, it's it's a painful. It's painful to have to walk away from it. You know, I'm not putting words in your mouth, but no, no, you you're you're on the right track. And that's not also a condemnation of TMG Studios are our former home at all. It's uh, it's one of those things where we wouldn't have been able to do what we did or create what we created without TMG Studios, without their reach, their expertise, their resources, and that comes at a cost, right you.
Speaker 3: It would be bad business of them to just be like, yeah, sure, and you guys can just the thing and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: So yes, well you get what you're looking for. You, I totally get it. I mean, I can make an argument here. I could make an argument. May perhaps I will make an argument that listen, this is I don't want to get into the weeds with you. I'm sure there's a lot of wild contract shit that happened here, and you know, it's a probably very difficult time in many ways to leave behind a creation. But yeah, I mean it's like you two are the replaceable part in my opinion of trillionaire mindset. That's just one man opinion, of course. Could you say replaceable or irreplaceable? No, did I say replaceable. I didn't mean to cut out. I just want to I just want to clarify for the audience. That's not what I That is not what I think what I thought I said was in Jenna. Maybe you can check the tape. But you guys are the irreplaceable part of trillion our mindset in my opinion. And uh, and so I assume that the people who like trillion our mindset are going to be eager to find pay Pigs. I do have to ask, though, tell me about the name. I know what the name. I know essentially what the name is referencing or the concept of it. Can you talk a little bit about the name Paypigs and and what how that came came to be?
Speaker 2: The title Ben, So, would you like to be Charlie Manson at this point, and I'll be one of the gals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, yeah, go take out that stabbing knife we had. We had to come up with a new name, a new brand for the boys. We're in a funny space, which is sometimes we get lumped into finance bros.
Speaker 1: And it can be.
Speaker 2: The last thing we want is for people to be intimidated by the subject matter, right, and so we were always just thinking the same with joy in our mindset. You know, we want something that lets people know it's not your typical thing. It's gonna be goofy, it's gonna be accessible, it's gonna be fun, It's gonna be funny. Right, Yes, so I might I imagine you might be referring to the fact that pay pigs is a term in the kink community.
Speaker 1: It's a it is a Yeah. I mean that's how That's what I know it to be because I am one, you know, hardcore pay pig. A pay pig is like somebody who it's partially like maybe there are other meanings, but it's like a person who like wants to give someone money. Yeah, it's someone who gets off on financial domination. So you'll often see it findom exactly.
Speaker 2: You'll often see it in the Wall Streets base, where guys who have a lot of money will give you know, say a dominatrix a credit card, and they'll have her go out and spend a bunch of money, and they'll be you know, cleaning them in on how they're using their credit card and everything. And so we thought it just kind of fit in well with kind of subject matter we're talking about, and also our attitude about it. You know, we kind of think these Wall Street guys are ciccos we kind of think that these fat cats down in DC are sick.
Speaker 1: Goes okay, and Ben Ben isn't been a trader, hasn't been a professional trader. Is that am I? Yeah, but he's not a cicko. Sure, no, no, not at all.
Speaker 3: But financial domination is a really cool term, I think also, and I feel like it does apply to what the spirit of.
Speaker 1: Wall Street and kind of the economy is too.
Speaker 3: It's all about everybody's constantly getting financially dominated. We're all under the thumb of the powers that be. And then also lastly, one little thing, there's the old Wall Street adage Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs gets lottered.
Speaker 1: So wow, that's that's too long of a too long of a name for our new podcast. Though unfortunately, right, that's dark shit. That's really okay. I mean this makes sense. I like it, you know, I think it evokes something. It evokes a very strong image in one's mind. Yeah, and it's a dirty, nasty image, and you know, and I love that. And we're dirty nasty boys. Yes, no, I know if obviously you're you're filthy boys. But so are there going to be changes from truly our mindset? Are you do new things with the show? Is there anything that with the format that you might do differently? Yeah? I think we will.
Speaker 3: First and foremost, we want to go from being once a week at an hour per episode to maybe two to three times a week at twenty to thirty minutes per episode. Oh interesting, because oftentimes we find ourselves not only missing certain news things that happened, but we also find ourselves just having to cram a week's worth of stuff into one episode. It's just not practical, right, So, and and also we we want to kind of go sorry, do you hear that fucking leaf blower?
Speaker 1: Do you hear, yes, yes, I mean you'll take it away, man. Yeah, so we got we gotta talk about your studio situation more than anything. We got it. Listen, listen, I get it. You're in the early innings here, Okay, you just are in a transitional period. Don't stress out about this. We've all been there. Okay. I think I've had twenty fucking people in my in my living room trying to pick a name for a website. You know, it's right, it's I get it. We've all had the leaf blower, the leaf blower experience.
Speaker 2: To answer your question, I think you know. I don't think we want to just make trillion in our mindset too. I think we are. We're very proud of what we did. I think, I mean, that was a show we loved. But this is forced. This has forced us to kind of rebrand and rethink it. And what Ben said, that was something we had talked about for a while. This cutting it into shorter things where we can where we can cover more things and still have enough room in the episode where we're letting our personalities come out, because I think that is what is most fun about our show. We're talking about some heavy things but we like to be ourselves and inject a lot of humor into.
Speaker 1: It, and then it's got a much more intimate and personal feel to it. You know, if you've.
Speaker 2: Seen the first episode that's come out, it's just us and it's we're not on this set. And I think, I mean, I was surprised a little bit because I was a bit work. I was a bit worried there's obviously a drop off in production quality. Well, if you watched the last episode of Trillionaire mindset and then you watch the first episode of Paypigs. We moved from a very beautiful, expensive set that has you know, probably the highest end cameras you can use, and you know, all of that with producers around us, and then we moved to just, you know, the exact replica of my apartment set and right.
Speaker 1: Right the painstakingly detailed apartment set.
Speaker 2: Yes, so we were very worried that people were maybe going to have an issue with that, and we've found the vast majority of people it's quite the opposite. People seem very kind of excited and stoked that it's just kind of like the boys doing their thing, and so I'm pretty jacked about that.
Speaker 3: One more thing is that speaking to what a Meal said about the name Trilli in her mindset, we found the humor of it kind of went over a lot of people's heads. This was anecdotally from third parties of friends saying, hey, I recommended your show, but people, some people think that it's like just about finance. So we're hoping to get away from just being about finance and being more news driven current events, comedy news. Yes, right, events comedy news kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Right, interesting. Okay, so that's that's actually fascinating. I mean, even though the name itself is obviously very like money related, the the focus on I mean you guys, did I mean on the old show you definitely talked about stuff that wasn't just finance related, Like there's plenty of stuff, right, Yeah, But you're saying, like, do you think that this new the new show gives you a freedom to go further, go outside the bounds of like I guess, like, yeah, trillion, their mindset is sort of a evokes a very specific kind of world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, But I do think, you know, with the name and everything, I do, I think we like talking about this kind of stuff, even if it's current events stuff. We like talking about it through that specific lens of money and big business, because I think it is.
Speaker 1: It's everywhere, whether you like it or not. They it's everything.
Speaker 2: They control everything, and I think, you know, some people really like it, like doing it through a lens of politics, and that comes into a lot of the things we're talking about. But these are often you know, who's controlling the politicians and all of this stuff. And I think, you know, so when we're getting into a current event, we were like, well, let's get down to what's really going on here, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Right, I did read your reddit, because you guys have like a Reddit trillionaire mindset reddit where I was I was trying to figure out what was going on, you know when I when I heard that you were moving to this new thing, and you have some very dedicated fans. I mean, you've got people who really like are invested in what you two are doing, which I think is a huge deal. I mean, dedicated is one way to put it.
Speaker 2: We me and Ben have both made peace with the fact that our fans will one day kill us, and that's okay with us.
Speaker 1: You feel like there's a thread there there, the violence of psychotic violent thread that might hit you somehow. No, no, no, I'm joking. I love them. They are very dedicated. It's they are the best.
Speaker 2: And it has been very sweet this entire because you know, it's difficult. We really loved what we did and what we created, and we weren't stoked it was coming to an end. But it was really heartwarming, not only the Reddit, but comments on anything we're putting out, messages we would receive people think, you know, just the nicest things, and how much they appreciated us, like ways that we've impacted their lives.
Speaker 3: It was, it's really incredible, this poort. It's it's I'm just gonna second that. It's just it's wild that in order to be successful at this, you really don't need that big an audience. You just need the audience to be very sticky and very involved. In One of the ways that we that I personally try to keep that stickiness sticky is I try to be as active as possible in replying to.
Speaker 1: Comments on our like on our new YouTube channel.
Speaker 3: Now I can actually be in there and actually reply responding to dms, which sometimes I'll dedicate an entire afternoon to on Twitter, on.
Speaker 1: Instagram, really wow.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because not only do I enjoy it, but just that little bit goes so such a long way. People appreciate it so much and without them, we wouldn't be able to do what we're doing. And if you never know who they're going to then share it with just it's it's it's important.
Speaker 2: Can I say one more thing about that too?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I don't know if we were at time. Yeah, that's it. We gotta sorry, I guess we gotta wrap up. This is great, though there's a.
Speaker 2: Bit of an upside and a downside to this. They're very dedicated and but it makes it hard for us to do things under wraps. So we were not ready to launch what we but what we were doing was setting up social accounts and YouTube accounts and just getting everything ready, and that included setting up our Patreon account.
Speaker 1: And so as soon as we set.
Speaker 2: Up an Instagram account, it was immediately found. It ended up on It ended up on the reddit, and then the Patreon we had set up ended up on the reddit. We had not even announced it yet, and hundreds of people were going to our Patreon to sign up for a thing that didn't even exist yet. And it was just like holy shit. Yeah, I mean, I mean, when did you when did you turn on this? By the way, I love the I love the Instagram. When did you turn on this Instagram account? Like, because you like how recently we turned it on like the Wednesday before, because our last episode came out the Friday, So we turned it on on the Wednesday, and we were going to announce it, yeah, friday after our last episode had come out, and it was already found and so before we could even announce anything, people were following.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you have tens of thousands of followers already, twelve thousand followers, right, you're you're I mean, that's that's huge. They talk about numbers in media and with podcasts, and there's like these fucking like Joe Rogan numbers or whatever, and you think everybody has to aspire to be like on the top, you know. And I can tell you, like, you know, with working on this podcast, in the early days of kind of figuring out what we were going to do, We're like looking at like the top one hundred Apple podcasts. We're like, oh, let's wait, people doing here, Like what are the names? Like when we were naming this. We're like, what are what's the kind of name that we might choose for this thing? And it's like if you compare yourself to like the top one hundred, and ultimately we picked a name that was very different than all those. But you know, it's like people thinking in the mindset like that's how it has to be for you to be successful, that you need to be in that top one hundred list or whatever. And I don't know, you guys may be in the top one hundred list soon, and I hope you are. We did crack it briefly when we launched. Yep, did you with trillionaire or with pay Pigs? So I think it's with pay Pigs. Really, I believe.
Speaker 2: That it's a bit of an algorithm trick. I think when a new show comes out there, they're more prioritized, and because of our active fan base giving us a bunch of reviews and interacting with the show, I think we are really interesting from that. But it was still pretty cool. I think we had okay top thirty for a bid and now that's amazing.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Also, great life hack, Jenny. Can we relaunch this show and get a bunch of astroister reviews. I'm not they had real ones, but to all have to obviously pay people to review our show. That's very interesting. That's huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're exactly right. I think that's true. I think you know, it's funny. I was just reading a story. But do you know that comedy show Hollywood Handbook?
Speaker 1: You know, I know the name. It's a podcast. It's a fantastic show.
Speaker 2: It's been around for I think they just hit like their three hundredth or five hundredth episode.
Speaker 1: It's very funny show. Wow. But they were talking about I think so they were on a network. I can't remember.
Speaker 2: It might have been like ear Roll or something like that, but basically they were like, we didn't work for the network system where it was all predicated on growth and hitting growth numbers and all this thing. And he was like, but what we did have was a very dedicated fan base. And they ended up just moving away from the network and then starting a Patreon and he was like, it's sustainable if this many people want to do it, but we can't. We're a weird show. I don't even know how to explain it to people. And so the growth model is very difficult but.
Speaker 1: We will find this not you guys that yes, yes, yes, are you saying you're a whe You know that was me quoting and pair of right right, right, Okay, I didn't know where the quote was in. I wanted to be coming to clarify for the listener because you weren't doing air quotes the whole time, which is true is traditionally expected when you're quoting someone else. She does this all the time. I never know what he's talking about. Yeah, It's like I just wanted to be sure that you were now not talking about your podcast. No, we're going to grow. Yeah, no, I think that's very likely if you've only done one episode. If you don't grow after that, then I think we'll know. You know, it was a great ride, but unfortunately time to hop off the train and hit the hit Walmart or whatever. But you know, I think the thing that you're talking about having this like this following is so valuable. And there's a great interview with the showrunner or the creator of The Babysitters Club show on Netflix. I don't know if you've read this, and I believe the interviews in New York Magazine and you know they were canceled after two seasons. But she's like, our viewership was you know, Netflix doesn't share numbers. It was really interesting to hear this. She's like, our viewership was higher than like most shows on Netflix and also from other in if you look at the competitive landscape of shows in that kind of genre or like, that totally killed them in terms of viewership, Like it had a huge audience, but in the world of Netflix, if it's not if it's not like a squid game kind of audience, then they're just sticked down at the bottom of the list, right Like so in the if you look at that that little microcosm, you know, in the world of Netflix, Babysitters Club was something even though it had like more viewership than a typical network show, for their purposes, it just it couldn't work, you know. And I think like that's a good illustration of like where having a dedicated, uh you know, fan base that wants to follow you can be really powerful because you can create things that are not going to be squid game level. And by the way, not that you guys, who knows, I mean, fucking paypas could be the next squid game. We don't know, you know, a year from now, I could be watching you guys battle to the death for a huge prize. I haven't watched squid Game, so I'm not really sure what the plot of it is, but I think it's something like that.
Speaker 2: You said that because we do we do play on executing poor people in the future, so I'm glad you mentioned that.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought. I actually I had heard direst saw that on the reddit. People were saying that was getting me the season two. So okay. The business model is for you. You have a Patreon. I can't just listen to an episode. Can I just listen to an episode for free? Right? I can't? You can? You can? I can't. It's a widely available. But if I like you guys and I want to support you, I go to Patreon and I pay a monthly. Sometimes, I just.
Speaker 2: Want to be clear, even if you hate us and want to support us, you can get to patreon dot com.
Speaker 1: Right right. If you were like a person who derived some kind of pleasure from paying for things they didn't want or like, sure like probably in somewhere in the spectrum of pay pigging, there's some version of that, right Like, that feels like a little bit of a tweak on someone's using my credit card. I guess like a dominatrix could be like, I'm subscribing myself to all of these podcasts that you clearly dislike, and we are that's actually a pretty good one. We're here for that. Like if I were doming somebody and in a paypig scenario, I would probably I'd be like, what's your favorite podcast, and I'd find whatever the polar opposite of that is and subscribe them to it. Yeah, that'd be a good idea. You'd be a good domain interests. I'm thinking about going into it. Actually, I'm thinking a little side gal, little side hustle. You know, these days you got to be you always got to have something on the side.
Speaker 3: But sorry, Ben, I think you were. You were in the middle of Explainabar before. The model that we had before was we had Trillionaire Mindset, which was a show about finance and news in the markets, right, and then behind a paywall separately you could get Trillionaire Mindset ad free, and then on top of that we did bonus content. We did another hour of just us shooting the shit. It's just it was no no holds bar just whatever we wanted to talk about, and we got pretty There were some pretty emotional episodes where there was a mail bag episode where people asked us some pretty intimate questions and we shared just our feelings, thoughts, experiences, life, life lessons and stuff, and people really really responded to that and that was really cool because there was a lot of just out pouring of support and.
Speaker 1: Love and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Right, and now we are, since we are still just hitting the ground running and bought all the equipment ourselves and kind of scrambled to make this happen, we are currently basically just doing that kind of show that after hours e kind of show that's just us shooting the shit right for free, with the extra time behind a paywall.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, Okay, so there is a paywall component, but it's not the main course essentially, is that right? Right? Yeah? And then with Patreon we've got other stuff.
Speaker 3: There's perks, like there's a discord and there's a there's two live shows that have sold out so far. I mean they sell out within twenty four hours, so hey, you get it.
Speaker 1: You did those? Those are done. The second one is on July eleventh, isn't the one in Brooklyn, the jourdy to that one at the Bellhokay, right, I think I try to come out and see that one. But how are you doing it?
Speaker 2: Those were those were never called Billionaire Mindset Live. Those were always been in a meal live that was just me and Ben.
Speaker 1: Interesting, So that part of it was not part of the contractual arrangement with the right. Right. Okay, okay, that's good, that's smart, that's great. You keep doing the live show you what level of the Patreon would I have to put in to become an ongoing part of the podcast, like an on air part of that? What would the investment on a Patreon level be for someone if they were a super fan not saying me, but a one someone who follows you. Is there a number that you think like an ongoing like a monthly installment payment of X gets you you are a recurring guest on the podcast. Oh, I mean that would happen like twenty five thousand dollars a month and you get to be a recurring guest of the podcast. That's not enough.
Speaker 3: I was going to say like five hundred dollars. Yeah, Now once a month we have a ten minute segment. What five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: No, that's too low. I think that's not him and someone else. Well, yeah, I would pay more. I mean, if anything, I wouldn't bring any permanent guest, so well, like a recurring let's say, well, actually you could have tears, right, you could have a recurring guest, right, you get somebody who comes on occasionally, maybe they get to be on once a month or something. And then how many shows do you think you're gonna do every week? You said two or three? You don't know yet, two or three can? Okay, the people are gonna want you to get specific about that. We're gonna do like once a month YouTube live for like an hour hour and a half. Those are always uh something? And what tier? Could I become a co host on the YouTube live? Like? You guys got to really spice up, you know you can. You could be really creative with this, you know, Like, but what would be a third host? What do you think the monthly cost would be for someone to become the third host of of pay picks? Yeah, I don't know. Five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm really good at negotiating it sounds well, started high and then I went low.
Speaker 1: You get Ony five thousand, and I was like, we're in the money you addressed for the job that you want, is what they say. And so five hundred bucks a month for a permanent, permanent co host slot. No, we're saying, okay, so there's YouTube Live. I want to just be I want to be a I want to be on YouTube Live. Not me again, I'm not and I'm not asking for a friend. I'm just curious what would it cost someone? Is there a number you could even consider for that's for that's that type of thing. That is a good question. I don't know, because that's the kind of crazy shit you could do with a Patreon.
Speaker 2: I would start considering anything above five thousand dollars a month. I would entertain the idea because you have to remember, if it was someone like you, you know, you've got a lot of media experience, You've got a lot of hohostry experience.
Speaker 1: That's one thing.
Speaker 2: But I would have to imagine this person is not going to be that, and it'd rightly take the show the just the third month, Who's like, not you get it?
Speaker 1: Well, it's so okay interesting, So you're like, well, five thousand a month would be enough to possibly tank the show. That's interesting, you mean, just but just that YouTube live. We can find a way to make it work. Yeah, okay, So I'm thinking like what like ten grand a month, fifteen grand a month for like a I'm a host of the show, I'm a co host. I mean, you could find some great talent that way. It's interesting, just an.
Speaker 3: Interesting thought, thinking like what the couple of Saudi princes that we have in our in our fan base?
Speaker 1: Do you badly pay? Do you have Saudi princes in your fan base? I doubt it, but that would be fucking cool. Well, I don't know if you know this, but the Saudis are making the Saudis are making a lot of investments in US businesses and then just in trying to diversify their you know, their holdings. I mean, I think I assume you saw the news about why they don't just actually my understanding is they're trying to diverse fy away from from oil is actually a big part of it, you know, And so you think immediately, you know, what's a huge industry that's generating a ton of money, like an oil level golf exactly exactly hit the nail on the head. It's like military industrial complex, oil, professional.
Speaker 4: Golf, just like those are the top tier money.
Speaker 1: How about this? What are stories that are happening that are unfolded that you may not have done or talked about that much on Trilling your mindset? But you're going to put a little bit more time and effort into on the new show.
Speaker 2: We've got the general election coming up that everyone's gonna be talking will probably be we'll probably paying close attention to politics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, more political commentary. Yeah, there's a lot of loopy shit going on. We covered a lot of RFK, a lot of RSK. Junior, Oh yeah, RFK. What's going on with this fucking guy? Okay, so a couple of things.
Speaker 3: I ran into a funny conundrum where I can do an impression of him very easily because he's got a very distinct voice.
Speaker 1: I've heard him speak. I mean, if you did it, could you do a little bit for us here? I mean, I'm going to put you on the spot. Sure.
Speaker 3: Well, he's got an affliction in a vocal box, so he can't really talk.
Speaker 1: Oh right, that's what that is. What he sounds. It's very very hard to listen to. Yeah, we were ablest that's ablest of you. But fine, carry on, go ahead fucking destroy your career's crime. We built the bulk of the impression behind the paywall. Oh that's good, because you know what's good. There's no way to any of that could leak out and have people just saying you're a fucking ableist. Behind closed doors, I mean, I would just say, let me give you a little I'm gonna give you a little professional advice now, if you don't mind, sure, I think by the way, I don't think. I don't think you'll be dinged too bad on that. It is a distinct way of speaking. But here's the thinking. You're not making fun of him, but.
Speaker 2: Doing an impression. Of doing an impression of the president is like part of the game, right, every SNL, every cast needs someone who can do Trump Biden can look.
Speaker 1: That is the way he sounds, and you're not making fun of his, of this issue that he has, You're just trying to recreate his I just want to be clear, I'm joking about the ableism. I don't believe exactly what. I don't believe you doing a an impression of him is ablest by nature, and in fact it's ablest to say that it is in a way because it suggests that the only reason you could be doing the impression, you know what I mean, it's just like you're where does your brain? Why is your brain going?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I will say, if you're gonna do something that's questionable, put it behind the paywall is like not the answer in my opinion, Like on a professional I give you on a professional level. If you're like, well it's but it's behind the paywall, it almost adds it makes it a little bit more problematic. I would say in a way like if you didn't think it could go on the main show, no, it's good, listen it on the main show.
Speaker 3: And then he wanted to and you wanted to talk more about him, So I was like, all right, screw it, let's just keep going.
Speaker 1: You got to remember, Okay, here's the thing, like for the big dogs, there's no repercussions. Okay, they're not going there. Nothing's going to happen to them, right right, Like Rogan, Joe Rogan had to like twenty years of podcast where he's just sing the it said was saying the N word for reasons that nobody just saying the most racist shit, just the most crazy shit, like so racist, you're like, there's no way to hear this without going that's just patently racist. Yeah, and he was looking, I'm true, sorry about that or whatever, and that was it. That was it. He's fine. Spotify didn't do shit, people didn't stop listening, and he's fine. Nobody's gonna say shit about it. You, on the other hand, one false move, one wrong move, one false step, and you'll be squashed like a bug by people on Twitter. That'll be it for you. You'll be nothing true. You'll be then that.
Speaker 3: I'm glad we cut out that segment where I make fun of of Americans.
Speaker 1: Then, so you know what happen is you'll have to re emerge as a right wing person, which is the only way to re establish your your dominance in the podcasting where it was to start like a whatever, like the Republican version of pay Pigs would be, which I did.
Speaker 3: The same.
Speaker 1: It's the same. We just say the R word now, right, just like Rogan, just like broke in which I which I like, which I am great. Okay, So anyhow, so you talked about RFK, but RFK the thing that is odd to me is that he's getting like regular coverage because he's Robert Kennedy's child. We're like, okay, we gotta take him seriously. But he has some like tremendously batshit crazy ideas about medicine, like, you know, dangerously batshit crazy ideas about like vaccines, Like he's like, you don't need a vaccine, you just need to work out more. I mean, like literally, there's a video. You've seen the video of him, I assume like doing push ups in genes. I assume I'll see in that. Yeah, videos, he's got a great body. It's got a great body. I'd love to get he's got a hard body, like to get my hands on it. But then when body, if he starts talking about his ideas, then we've got a real problem. I don't want it.
Speaker 2: I think this is why you're seeing so much of him. He's doing a good job of capturing this audience because he's going on he's going on podcasts, which is you know, the you know, in the twenty twenty election, some people went on podcasts. Bernie Sanders went on Joe Rogan, do.
Speaker 1: I hear am I hearing the invitation? I feel like I might be am I hearing an RFK Junior, You're like saying I need to engage more with his I would love to have him now, that would be great, that would be huge for you. I'd like to get our Jenna. Can we book RFK Junior on this podcast? Actually, in all seriousness, let's let's I would like to book him if at all possible. Can we look into that? Sure? Thank you? Okay, sorry, let's get back back you guys. He would probably do it. And that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine Joe Biden doing a an hour and a half longing?
Speaker 1: Definitely? We also see we can book Joe Biden. You would come on the show for an hour and a half on my show? No, I don't think he would, but there's it. You never know. He might. Maybe he listens to it. Maybe his grandkids are like big if speech. I'd fucking love to talk to Joe Biden. Man, he's so cool. So he's the best. I love Joe Biden, just a cool guy, just cruising Jenna. Can you please put both Joe Biden and RFK Junior on the guest list or just on the we want I'm dead serious, I'm going to reach out to his campaign, and Jenny, can you just make sure you get to them before Ben does, because I need I need him, I need to engage with him on some of his ideas in the show.
Speaker 5: And has no Booker now, right, so I'll beat him no matter what.
Speaker 1: All Right, you got to Booker. You're all on your own. Very good, Very good, Jenna, Thank you for that masterful stroke of strategy. Right. You think that you think he's getting attentions because he's going on podcasts. I think it's a very podcaster centric view of things. Can I be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Dude, Everyone listens to the podcast, especially like the very like online people who.
Speaker 1: Are Yeah, I'm not debating that I believe. I think you're right, but I think it has a lot more to do with the fact that he's a Kennedy, I have to tell you. And if I just on the basic reality of our media landscape, I think, first off, that family is a fascinating, weird, tragic It's the most elvis of the political families, you know what I'm saying, Like they are the elvis of politics, if that makes any sense. It's endlessly entertaining, It's fucking camelot. It's an American story. The assassination is a mysterious, fucking Pandora's box that we've never quite figured out. His assassination, his dad's assassination, you know, a Pandora's box. That whole thing is just like you say, Kennedy, and people are immediately interested. They want to like see that person. What sucks about it is a person with these ideas should be fairly like laughed out of the room by most serious people, and he is laughed out of a lot of rooms, you know. And I'm not saying, you know, this is so funny. I hear myself saying it. And I think about people going like, oh, you don't want people to have free speech, They shouldn't be able to express their opinions. Why shouldn't he get coverage even if he doesn't agree with what you agree with, And it's like, sure, you know that's true. But I do think there's an outsized amount of attention put on him because of his family name, not his great policies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think it also be because he's had kind of a ground swell on social media. TikTok has played a big part of it. Going on, Joe Rogan was probably a huge, huge bump for him, because once you get a compelling enough sound bite that catches fire on the TikTok algorithm, then it's really hard to put the genie back in the bottle, and then it becomes our. It's like liver King, that guy fucking liver King for a hot couple of months on TikTok and all the liver media.
Speaker 1: Liver King.
Speaker 3: Liver King is a guy who is all about like living like caveman and living like caveman, and he's never got his shirt on and he's just he eats like.
Speaker 1: Is he rid?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah, And he was everywhere he was going on every single podcast, and part of it was because that's what the TikTok algorithm dictated.
Speaker 1: Okay, putting him. Jenna Jennet, can we get liver King? Can we get him on on the booking list? Would like to talk to liver.
Speaker 5: King from Grace, Like, I also think he really chased off getting.
Speaker 1: All this raw me.
Speaker 5: He turned out to be like not who he said he was.
Speaker 1: Wow, Witch, it was that And it turns out that he took steroids. Oh well. He stills one point eight million followers on Instagram, though doesn't it. I mean, it's god, oh humanity.
Speaker 2: Do you know how much seething jealousy I felt when you said, who's liver?
Speaker 1: King? To not have that on my head? I'm definitely less online than I have been in probably twenty years. Yeah, So liver here is meaning like he's living, not like in reference to the body part, right.
Speaker 2: No, No, he hates a lot of raw liver because because it's the most nutrient dense part.
Speaker 5: You guys are all missing the commonalities here, which is like you're talking about two white men with their shirt off all the time, Like, well, true, and Joe Rogan does that too, So I would just like to say there's a common trophy.
Speaker 1: Alex Jones. Alex Jones also took a shirt off a lot. Actually, now that you mention it, maybe we're missing.
Speaker 2: And out on all four of them. All four of those guys are beat red.
Speaker 1: For something from steroids. I think from drugs and steroids. What I don't they don't seem like people who are living actual healthy lifestyles, Like they don't. They don't strike me as people who are legitimately in good like shape, like like, yes, he looks like RFK Junior looks like he's in good shape, but like one bad flu and that guy's fucking done for right, Okay, straight up. I mean, not everybody's gonna die from a bad flu, but it doesn't help if you don't have the flu vaccine, you know, And he's not getting that shit.
Speaker 3: So I don't know a lot of these these right wing people. Now, it seems like now they just they're going back and questioning everything we've ever been taught. And I saw a few months ago some some prominent right wing accounts talking about how sunglasses are bullshit and how they've been lying to us, and how it's actually good for your eyes.
Speaker 1: There's yeah, I mean, there's fucking it's crazy. The position of the right wing party in this country is not to go down a rabbit hole. But it's like there's no policy position. It's all cultural and social and it's all just a bunch of like a schmorgasboard of batshit crazy grievances that have nothing to do with how anybody's actually living their life. Like the trans stuff is like it is a rounding error percentage of Americans who have to consider or engage with anything happening with trans people, and it has become a centerpiece of their policy for reasons that is like beyond comprehension. I mean, I guess they're trying to stir people up to think that, you know, it's like their pedophile projection that somehow it's an extension of their pedophile projection that like Democrats are really into child abuse. That is the best they could come up with, which is like a schoolyard taunt at best kind of It's exhausting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think if you were to go around any neighborhood and just knock on the door and be like, hey, what are the things you're most concerned about politically, Like what do you what do you what do you most want to hear from a candidate? I don't think the things that that person would say would be the things that are being talked about.
Speaker 1: On their news. They're like, I mean, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Like they probably say, I want to be able to afford the you know, healthcare for my family.
Speaker 1: Right job like jobs to the economy.
Speaker 2: I want job safety, I want to make sure education is available to my creators.
Speaker 1: That kind of thing, Yes, normal things, normal things that normal people think about. That is actually a problem.
Speaker 2: And I think that's across the spectrum, Like that's left and right. I don't care who whose door are you not?
Speaker 1: I agree with you, think people I do agree with you, but I think generally speaking as of late, as of like the last I don't know, let's say decade ish, but definitely it's been going on for a long time, but there is really only one party that seems to be engaging with like trying to do things for people who live in the country that like who need help and need support. Like it feels like, you know, like Obamacare is a thing that would the Republicans did not want that. They don't want people to have health insurance, like, and people really want health insurance, and like the only the people who say they don't want health insurance just don't know that they need it. Like basically they're like not really aware of how important having health insurance is. You know, we're like one of the sickest countries in the world, Like we have we have people who are so sick and dying here and it's like has a lot of it has to do with the fact that we don't have readily available, universally available health care for people.
Speaker 2: Josh the Free, the free market will take care of that.
Speaker 1: U COMMI sure, I mean, I'm not. I see lots of wonderful, industrialized, very successful, very rich countries that have uh just even a basic form of some kind of socializa. I'm not trying to get up on my on my soapbox here. You no, no, I understand, I know you agree with me. You're a burney guy. You fucking give it all away. You'd love to have everybody just just step up to there's a you know, on every street corner, there's a machine. You just hit a number and it spits out as much money as you want. That's what you'd like. I understand, you know, you know, but you guys aren't. You're not living in reality. Fucking Bernie, you know it's going to skateboard into the White House and uh you know, fucking dude, hell you make America skate again, baby, skateboard into the White House and turn off the military industrial complex, leaving us exposed, our borders open, wide open, fucking uh you know, exposed to the threat of the Chinese. But hey, listen, could happen, could be see this is where I'm trying to take the show in a more of a RFKI junior direction, you know, like there's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of a lot of money direction. Look at the lucrative director.
Speaker 1: No it is, That's what I'm saying. And then once the tapes aret come out, with all of his ableism, he'll have to, unfortunately move in that direction, which is Emil. You could, you could still, you could still salvage what's left of your career here, but uh, it's gonna be tough to get out from under that shadow. You know.
Speaker 2: I will say I did participate. I played a I was playing a reporter that was asking RFK Junior questions.
Speaker 1: So I think I might be culpable if I were you, I wouldn't have said that on another podcast. Personally, I wouldn't call it out. But yeah, Jenna, can we take Jenna? Is there anybody we can cut that out? Hey, that's just one guy's, one old guy's opinion. Okay, we should wrap up. I mean, we could go for much longer, and there are many things I'd love to talk to you guys about, but all we will have to do is I will give you that five thousand dollars a month and then just pop on whenever no, you'll come back, especially after you get after you get the paypig stuff rolling. And so you've got a live show. I just want to I want to recap, I want to give you any I want to give you as much promo love as humanly possible. You have a live show in Brooklyn at the Bellhouse on July eleventh. What time does that show start? That is such a good question. I don't know, but it doesn't matter because it's sold out. It's sold out, a sold out fucking show. Look at these guys and then filed out in a day. And pay pigs I can find pay pigs on Instagram, pay pigs Pod at paypigs Pod. Was you got a Twitter handle? What what's your Twitter hand? All socials All Socials or pay pigs pay pigs Pod. And what about if I'm on if I want to hit if on a cruise to Patreon that's Patreon dot com slash paypigs Pod. Correct, Apparently you get a fifteen dollars a VC fund fifteen dollars a month level. This is good stuff.
Speaker 3: Very interesting to update that with with what you get because so far it's just you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no difference from piggy tear at this time, which is yeah, yeah, it doesn't. I'm not feeling like it's selling me on it, but uh, you know, you got to do your own thing anyhow. Look, guys, i just want to say, as expected, this was super fun. I'm very excited for your new this next chapter of your careers. I'm sure you have a lot of challenges ahead, a lot of new frontiers to chart and uh and I'm excited to watch it unfold. Thank you. And I just want to say I'm not going to pay the Patreon, but I support you guys like you know, in spirit, like I feel, I want you to succeed. I believe you can succeed. And I'll be watching and also regularly inviting you back to check in on the progress. Thank you so much us coming from you that means a lot. We appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Josh. That feels so good.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Well. Those guys are great. I love I love, I love those two. They're the future, in my opinion, the future of podcasting as we know it, the future of hard right, hard right wing podcasts, and I'm excited excited to see how it all unfolds. Well. That us our show for this week. We'll be back next week with more what future, and as always, I wish you and your family the very very best.