Speaker 1: All right. In today's episode of Command Center Podcast, we talked about coach Prime and I didn't realize this, but Fred you know him. Come on, he's on the speed dot.
Speaker 2: He gave me the number twenty one.
Speaker 1: We do a little word association. We talk about Chase Young and guys share stories of how they got themselves out of slumps. And then what the hell is Fred's Smooth Slumber Company?
Speaker 2: Oh you see, and.
Speaker 1: We're gonna find it out, so make sure you check it out. Welcome to the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with two very distinguished gentlemen Santanamos and I said distinguished too. But Fred Smooth, You're not distinguish.
Speaker 2: Blue Moon smooth.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about that in a little bit. We're talking about that a little bit. What'd you guys, boys? What'd you boys do this? Wee can watch a little college football?
Speaker 3: Well college come on, it was Labor Day week end, so of course food and alcohol because I know you don't drink, So I drunk.
Speaker 2: College football.
Speaker 3: Man, I literally watched college football and we're watching history be made in Colorado.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Got a chance to go down to Miami, so you know the game. No, I didn't go to the game. I wasn't going to that game anyway. That wasn't a game that you want to go to. Miami Ohio come on.
Speaker 1: Birthday, birthday talking about how the real Ohio going.
Speaker 4: On with those guys or something that I guess it's good for college football that, you know, Miami Ohio got a little they trying to act like us, you.
Speaker 1: Know Howio at all? I know what's going on.
Speaker 4: But I got a chance to get, you know, get back down to South Florida, seem my kids and just spend some time in college football. You know, That's one of the things I do. Brother, It's Saturday or Sunday. We know what we do Sunday, we all, you know, most work with Saturdays. I normally spend my time. I go get my work out in early, I go get my lunch, and then I'm watching I'm on.
Speaker 5: The couch watching watch college football.
Speaker 1: So what was the game you watched?
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 1: Thinking about like, what did I do this weekend?
Speaker 2: I go to a cookout?
Speaker 1: No, I went to a our family friend had their wedding tenure, wedding renewal. So did that at a farm? So we saw like some fireworks, so we had food there. They had wedding food, but it's basically like a like a wedding, soft wedding. And then hung out with some friends on Sunday and just I saw him my son almost died on a zipline. So I'm like, so he was going down on the zip line and he's holding the handles, you know, and he hit the end of it and did like a full like around. Yes, yeah, he landed directly on his back, thank god. But like it was one of those ones where it was like if he would have cut like under rotated, he would have hit his head, and over rotated he would have hit his face. And then he got up like you know, like you're he's nine. He just pops up and like totally like no no cuts, no nothing, He couldn't. Just he quick.
Speaker 3: And I wanted to what a what a cookout at the Pulse and Logan's house would look like?
Speaker 2: Did you gotta like, let me guess this your potato salad.
Speaker 1: You always bring up? Do you think I eat potato salad?
Speaker 2: Does it got raisins?
Speaker 1: I don't even know like them? Yeah? He always saw Hi about raz is that a thing, that thing, that thing for us.
Speaker 3: No, I leave, I come, I get a bottle, w I walk right outs.
Speaker 1: As we're talking about college football, let's talk a little bit a couple of seconds about Colorado. I mean that was I mean one of the craziest things I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: It wasn't crazy.
Speaker 2: What was it crazy?
Speaker 5: No, let me say this. It was one of.
Speaker 4: Those moments where what's on today, who's the team to watch? And oh, Colorado's playing, I'm watching Colorado. After that game was over, it was nothing else to really.
Speaker 2: Nothing to get you, nothing else.
Speaker 5: Adrenaline is watching that game. Now you want to talk about crazy.
Speaker 4: It was crazy when just to see where they come from, you know what, I mean, who they were last year?
Speaker 5: What's going on with one game they won?
Speaker 1: Last year?
Speaker 4: This team was the run up in the National Championship. They facing they was under twenty one underdogs. I mean they had my twenty one point underdogs. I mean that to me was amazing. Just to see them come out to fight, the physicality, all that stuff, and they just played.
Speaker 5: Hats off the prime, Hats off.
Speaker 4: To all those kids that they said they couldn't come from HBCUs playing a power fire level.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was an amazing thing.
Speaker 3: It was scary for the rest of college football. The future has started. Dion is something we have never.
Speaker 5: The right guy again.
Speaker 2: He was my team.
Speaker 1: Do you still talk to your mother?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So, like, do you like call him up after this game, be like, hey man, what's going now?
Speaker 2: I know he getting like a billion phone calls.
Speaker 3: Not trying to be in the cluster of him, but he good at answering the phone and he loved to talk so fine coach Prime does it walk, talk, dress, look like any other head coach.
Speaker 2: Ever, he has something that they will never be able to have.
Speaker 5: He's been a.
Speaker 3: World class and he's he's reached greatness. Some called him the greatest player. I'm saying the greatest he played baseball, and usually great people that's greatest stuff. People don't want to give you a chance to be greater other things like and they're scared of that. And the thing about it is he has the might just touch.
Speaker 2: I mean whenever he touched becomes go.
Speaker 3: And I think he is waking up college football and making them understand it's time for y'all to go hire X pro football players. Is college football players is you'll hear well, I mean it's I mean, it's not even that. I don't think I think you mentioned he's like a he's a unicorn a little bit. He's got that charisma, that leadership, like he's been a mentor, like you know, I remember watching that stuff with pac Man Jones, how he's kind of brings these guys.
Speaker 1: He does have a strong personality. But also fifty six new athletes on that football team that's not his football that's not even the same team. So I think that to me is really interesting and really compelling because it's like a totally different landscape, like you're terrible, Hey man, let's get all these athletes and smaller schools come here and make us better.
Speaker 4: That helped me understand that when you hear coaches say, well we are a new team, we're trying to bull crap, you don't want to hear that, because this guy just shows you he could come from HBCU bringing new coaching staff and basically lost his whole team. The one guy who made the first interceptions was was one play on that team and start, you know what I mean. So it's great to see that this guy who they said didn't have a chance to come to this level and do what he did in HBCU. Oh, you're not gonna You're not gonna touch these kids the way you touch Jackson State. Jackson State needed you.
Speaker 5: We only here, we don't need you. Yeah, and he told you, I'm bringing my Louis luggage.
Speaker 4: And obviously the Hisstan players had Louis luggage too, because his son went out.
Speaker 2: There and hundred yards. He was a fourth style when he came out.
Speaker 3: Travis Hunter with the number two player in the night show, number one when they came out.
Speaker 2: So they had talent.
Speaker 3: But you remember we talked and we were really talking about the commander when we talked about unpredictability.
Speaker 2: They had no filming TC. You had no film study, had to go back and study Jackson State.
Speaker 3: The study should do it. The office coordinator came from Memphis. I think, so they had nothing to study, and I think that's what's gonna help. The Commander's team started out quick. You do not have any film to study. We're unpredictable and you don't know who we are what we are, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So that's enough. I mean, we could talk about Colorado for the next hour, but we talk about the commanders. Because this is a Commander's podcast is Commander. So we're gonna play a game. It's called word association. I'm going to say somebody's name on the team, and we're gonna think about the first thing that comes to mind, and we're gonna kind of explain why that is. Okay, So the first guy we're gonna start off with, pretty obvious is our guy, the young airwolf, Sam House or we got.
Speaker 4: Tanna just talking about what he's gonna bring it.
Speaker 1: So what he's gonna bring, like your expectation, like just the first thing that comes to mind, Like what like, yeah, let's see that. What's the expectation for him this year?
Speaker 4: Being true conductive conductor, I don't want to you know, Sam don't have to go out there and while you wit you know, four hundred y'all's not he don't have to do that. You have to just, you know, basically lead these men you have. And he has a good crew around him. I mean, you know, you rarely seldom see a guy that's coming in and he's young and he has the talent around him that all he.
Speaker 5: Has to do is go out there and distribute the ball around.
Speaker 4: So I just feel like being a great conductor, being a point guard and being the leader. He's a quarterback, so you know, the quarterback has a different role than everybody else on the team. Whether you want to be a captain or not, you are the captain. You're the captain of this ship, the offense, and just be a great captain, be a great conductor, and lead the guys to strip the ball.
Speaker 5: To the right guy at the right time, and he should have no problem.
Speaker 1: So conductor, all right, what you got, uh mine?
Speaker 2: It's two words? Can I add two words?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean this is our se how I only.
Speaker 3: Want one thing, emotional stability. I don't want him to play the emotional game.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 2: And that's what I like about him so far. He doesn't when he has.
Speaker 3: A good game, he doesn't get too high on hisself. When he have a bad throw or something, he doesn't get too low on hisself. I want him legitly to stay right in the middle no matter what's going on, because the team will go as his ups and downs go.
Speaker 2: Now, they can be physical ups.
Speaker 3: And down, but they cannot be emotionally ups and down, because I feel like, then you lose two, three, four games, and now you're trapped in a rut. I need his emotions to be stable and I need him and he's, like I said before, he's shown me that he's kind of emotionless.
Speaker 2: And I enjoyed that point of him.
Speaker 3: And I think dep poised and Deck will get him to say, you know, show people I can be not just a starter.
Speaker 2: I could beat the franchise quarterback for this team.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And that's a really good insight too, you know, like that kind of the emotional consistency from a quarterback spot is so important. I would say probably growth. I want to see him get better, you know, it's kind of kind of kind of fit fits in with what you're talking about, But like, just each week, can I get better? Can I see the blitz a little bit better? Can I understand the game plan a little bit better? And then week five of my better than I was Week one, Week twelve of my better than I was Week five. By the end of the year, am I totally different football player? And I think he's shown that he can do that, you know what I mean. So that's that's what I'm thinking. So conductor emotional stability, I like that a lot. Yeah, I'm gonna say growth I think that's Those are all really good things, right, I mean they're all again, they're really relevant to the position. You know, this is an interesting one, and I'm really curious to you what you guys say, because I have my thoughts on This is Brian Robinson. So we'll start with smooth one. All right.
Speaker 2: My one word is receiver.
Speaker 3: I want, okay, all right, receive the ball because he got the talent to do it. In college, they didn't th the ball to him much. So when we when we got him here, we didn't know what type of receiver he was. But I think we have seen doing these practices he can go out there, he can catch the ball. Think about it. If I'm a defense Brian Robinson comes into the game, I just told my linebackers, just told look, get ready for the run, Like, well, if you can come out here and throw the ball when he's in the game, now that's a whole new element to it.
Speaker 2: And think about this.
Speaker 3: We've seen him running to tight spaces a gap, be gap, see gap. Imagine how he can punish DB's catching it in the open field, turning around seeing these guys out of eye after catching the ball. I think receiver was come to mind when you say, Brian Robinson, he.
Speaker 1: Saw you saw him do that again the Atlantic game, right like when he runs that dB over like head of Steve Good in the space catching football. I like that a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's say DB's we can't take that pounded to look, we can't.
Speaker 2: We can't do it.
Speaker 1: What you got to tell anything?
Speaker 5: Cut him loose, cut loose, cut him loose. You know, you gotta think about it.
Speaker 4: You know, Brian Robinson, what rush for almost eight hundred yards last year? Yeah, we knew what he went through prior to rushing, you know, for that number. And just to think, I feel like at times he didn't get a chance to be itself. Last year we knew he was in itself and then we every game we was just seeing a different guy. Like you say, okay, okay, you see him a little boy looking more like that Brian Robinson we saw in the preseason of last year clean bill of health right now, went through the whole entire preseason, we heard we heard one peep. We haven't heard a peep of him this whole entire preseason. Last year. Preseason, we was we was getting ready, like, oh you saw that boy so we haven't saw much of him this preseason. We've been talking about Sam those guys on the outside.
Speaker 5: Cut him loose. Show the world what you've been.
Speaker 4: You've been holding back, you've been saying, you know what, we don't. We saw enough of you last year. We don't want them to see this again right now, not too soon. So now game one, they don't know what to expect from Brian Robins. They don't know if he's gonna be catching the ball out the Backfiel, they don't know if he's gonna be the bell cow, he's gonna be all that in the above.
Speaker 5: So I said, cut him loose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say for me, it's it kind of goes along with what you're saying. I think he's kind of underrated right now. Like I think I think people like ask me oh Jahan and Terry and Gibson. I got a ton of questions about Gibson or even Chris Rodriguez. I'm like, don't forget about b rob you know, he's like he.
Speaker 6: Just hard nos you know, And maybe it's because we watched practice, but like like seeing him catch the football and watching how he runs the football, I'm like gosh, like he could be a huge, huge feature of this offense.
Speaker 1: And I think, to Tannis point, like, if you can stay healthy and be consistent, like he might be the best player on this offense. Like, and I'm not being hyperbolic when I say that, I'm not exaggerating, Like I know Johan's been very productive, Terry is very productive. But I think he could be the guy that ends up with the most touchdowns, so the most yards from scrimmage. And I'm just really excited to see that. And so I think he's a little underrated right now in terms of how the fans reviewing. All Right, this is an interesting one too. Man good list here, Jason, So, Kawan Martin is the guy, So yeah, what is the what's the first word that comes to mind with Kwan? You want to go first? Friend's always it's a tough one.
Speaker 4: So I would have wanted to hear what Fred to say by him because he got the defense. But I'm gonna jump out thereout that since it's tough and difficult, I want to be the one that is.
Speaker 5: Challenging Kwan Martin find his way. Okay, I think you know, to me, he's a guy that we really.
Speaker 4: Don't know where he's gonna play at, you know what I mean, That's how I see him. He can play everywhere. He's one of those Swiss Army knives on the defense. But I want to you know, from what I saw this preseason, saw him up front, I saw him in the I saw him in the box area. I saw him, you know, play a little bit corner. Where is he going to play for us? What package are we going to see him the most seeing? I want to see Week one is probably gonna be the tell all story of where we're going to play at Ready we see him more on special.
Speaker 5: Teams or if he even dress who knows, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: A young guy that we're not even sure about what he's going to do this, you know, you know come week one, so find his way to see where we're going to see Kawalm Martin.
Speaker 5: Be the guy, be the special young rookie that he can be for us.
Speaker 1: I think that's really good. I mean, I don't know if you want to add something of that. Fred, Right here we go.
Speaker 3: I have two I got one word in a frame. Talents told it already. First of all, the word is versatility. That's who he is he's a he's a SUV. Whatever you need me to do, I'd be there if you need me to told the kids to church. I told the kids to church. If you need me to go to home depot and get what.
Speaker 1: I go home.
Speaker 3: The phrase I got for him Swiss army knife. He brought it up. Whatever you need me to do. We know if one dB go down, he'll be the first guy to come in.
Speaker 1: We know.
Speaker 3: Uh. And Tanner said something too, what packages are they gonna really put him out there and say, yeah, these are the ones you need to worry about. Play these fast, move fast on these and you'll get more and more playtime. But versatility, and because of his versatility, it allows coach coach.
Speaker 2: Del Rio, especially with him and Cam Curl to do some rocking and rolling.
Speaker 1: I mean Forrest and like all those guys like they just got a whole bunch of pieces back there that could do like kind of what you're saying, like a little bit of everything.
Speaker 3: And so that keeps the secret of the coverage, that hides that like nobody's undressing us.
Speaker 2: And that's the best thing I think they got going. What about you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So for me, I don't for me it's it's always gonna develop. Yeah, where it's like where's his home gonna be? Because like when I watch him, I'm like, man, he's explosive, he's fast, he's got good coverage in since, he's smart. But it just hasn't come together yet. And I think a big part of it is because like he's been, he's been so versatile. Yeah right, So maybe it's better that he's less versatile. Yeah, maybe that he's more specific, that he finds that rule, right yeah. And so I think, like that's what I want to see is like where is his home? I would say, Tanna, like I agree with you, like where is his home at? Because I want to see that athlete, that football player that's smart mind just be playing fast football.
Speaker 4: And then just to add to that, when you're young, you need to have something that you donna be consistent because if you just out there guess all over, it's gonna be hard. It's gonna be hard sledding for them, you know what I mean them. So I just want to I hope to see that they say, Okay, this is where you're gonna play.
Speaker 5: We don't need you to worry about nothing else.
Speaker 4: Play here now that's gonna get a guy who's he's more relaxed and now he's dialed into what he has.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need him.
Speaker 3: To uh responded like like think about it is the old saying, you think long, you think wrong, and it's very it's very serious. When you're playing cornerback, we don't have we we react to these guys. So it has to be second nature. And if you got me doing six different things, what what's the second nation job?
Speaker 2: Nothing's comfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think the coaching staff kind of identified that. You know, the preseason he was playing exclusively Nickels, so maybe he gets more reps there. And if he's gonna find the field, I think it's going to be at the nickel spot. We're just so deep at safety right now with Percy and Jeremy good problems. I know it's great, but I'm just saying, I think, find your home. That's when he gets on the field. Can he be comfortable and productive? All right? This is gonna be interesting. I'm really curious hear what you guys gotta say about Chase Young.
Speaker 5: You gotta start this one on.
Speaker 2: The first word.
Speaker 3: When out here Chase Young, the thing that brought him out and got him taking number two. Potential all right, it's kind of about a word though, no no, no, no, no no, because when you reach your potential, it's a great word. But people only say greatness is in your future when they see potential. Now can he finally reach that greatness? Well, he got everything that it takes. He got the skill level, he got decide, the quickness to speed, and now he has the motivation. It's a contract year motivation. I love that motivation. I think motive motivation. Motibile players always give you their best football. You put us in the contract year best football. Oh Taylor had one hundred and ten catches. Contract you. At the end of the year, we focused in another level and I'm telling you what this dude. The one thing about it is once you once you draft it high and you looked at it as a you gotta realized they said this guy was lifetime type for talent. Well he hasn't been that for the last two years. And he feels it too. He feels it too. Everybody that forgot about Jase John they talk about the defense. Now they talking about sweat, they talking about pain. They talk about John at listen, we hit those things we all ex players. He hit those teams so potential, unleash his potential.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I'm glad you asked me this about him because I feel like not to say that I've.
Speaker 5: Been in his shoes.
Speaker 4: Yea, in a similar role when it comes to dealing with injuries, especially young your career.
Speaker 5: Not.
Speaker 4: The one thing that he had different from mindset is that he jumped out there his first year and was, you know, defensive player of the Year or rookie defense player of the year, went.
Speaker 5: To a Pro Bowl.
Speaker 1: I believe they did.
Speaker 5: So my where I would you snap back?
Speaker 1: Snap back?
Speaker 4: Snap back? Got to snap back? I mean he had a cloud over him right now. And I've been the reason why I say I feel like I've been there because I think from my rookie year all the way until my you know, deep into my second year, I had a cloud.
Speaker 5: Man. I couldn't shake it.
Speaker 4: It was like stuff was happening to me that I didn't I didn't have no control of it. And I knew what type of player I could be, and the team looking at me like, man, is he this or is he that you know me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So it was all of us about me just finding my lane finding What did you do for that my routine?
Speaker 4: Man, just listen to the veterans. I just kept and they didn't even know I was listening. They was talking. I was just like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And I had to find a routine, yeah, because in college you didn't have a routine.
Speaker 5: And I went to practice, yeah, and.
Speaker 4: I played video games and I hung out and I did things untraditional, you know.
Speaker 5: So now I'm a professional trying to find.
Speaker 4: A routine that's going to keep me healthy, not even just to say play for football. Yeah, just they came off off out the gate. I got injured before I even played in the game. So now it seems like that's my story. I'm injured prone. I'm injury prone. I'm listening, I'm listening to the media I'm reading, and I'm like, that's not me, it's you know, it's it's just something, you know, an unlucky break for myself. So when I found my routine, when I found my you know, my staff, you know that I had to start spending money.
Speaker 5: With to keep me healthy, took off.
Speaker 1: You think that's something that would benefit Chase.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure. I'm not sure if he has.
Speaker 1: It's hard.
Speaker 5: You already work out hard.
Speaker 4: And I'm not saying that he's injury prone because that's the same thing how I feel.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I wasn't injury prone. I just hadn't found my way yet. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just feel like he have a cloud on him that he needs to shake, and he gonna have to shake it, and that's why he's not back.
Speaker 5: Have you ever had just having.
Speaker 4: His opportunity to go out there and have that clean slate of health that he can go out there and show the potentially the potential he talking about, but to not be just potential to be his truth.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been in cloud like that Fred as a player?
Speaker 2: I did, and it had nothing to do with health. It had to do with mental health.
Speaker 1: Is everyone ever gets like there's different things.
Speaker 2: Right, different things? And uh, I had just got paid by Minnesota. I'm happy. I thought I was unto.
Speaker 3: I had to do the off the field and live in Minnesota. I realized I had made a mistake. He probably should have stayed. Yeah, but you know we was missed up under the camp at the time, so I would have had to like sacrifice to stay. But I just and I and I love Minnesota as a place, like it's a beautiful place to live, A beautiful place.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I was depressed and didn't know it. Yeah, Like I was depressed with a smile on my face. I was basically the joker where I was laughing around everywhere. But I was like and one that I was homesick. I was just like, you know what, all money ain't good money. I was happier there. And it took me one and a half years, and I called Coach Gibbs on the phone and like I told him, I want to come back, trade me back.
Speaker 2: I want to trade go back. And when I got back here, the cloud was gone. Yeah it was that simple.
Speaker 3: So, like I said, I was a prisoner in my own man. I think I was depressed and didn't know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's that's thanks for sharing, man, because I had a similar express you know, sharings when I was in San France, like I was with Kyle Shanahan. I was near my family. I thought I should be so happy, but I had put so much pressure on myself to be playing well, like which I think maybe you know, I'm not speaking for Chase, but that's that'd be part of what's going on with him too. So much pressure to play well that I couldn't play well. You know what I'm saying, Like there was so much pressure that paralyzed yourself.
Speaker 5: Correctly understand, we got an also think too, and it free.
Speaker 4: I said, said something about this before, and I've had a chance to experience that.
Speaker 5: It's tough to play at home. Yeah, so much like when I was in Miami.
Speaker 4: And that's why I say, I thank the Lord that I was able to.
Speaker 5: Being a young man in Miami. I handled that well.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 4: I handled that better than I've handled anything in my career. I was able to just say, you know what, I got to make sacrifice. My sacrifice is I'm not going out. I'm not going to go back to my neighborhood. I'm not going to do X y Z. And if I do this, I was telling myself, I do this, I should play well. And when I got that game or two under my belt where I was playing well, consistently playing making plays, I said, I'm okay, I found it. I'm not doing none of that other stuff. I'm gonna do this, do this, and do this. I'm gonna go play football and so all that stuff that we're talking about, he's shown he can play here without a doubt.
Speaker 5: I just feel like it's.
Speaker 4: Time for him to snap back, and it's time to kind of get some of that unwanted you know fog, you know, let it, let it clear a little bit, you know what I mean, because we know the player he could be, but it's all about him getting out.
Speaker 3: And I think it's also you brought up putting that that self imposed pressure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's time for him to relax and just go play football and whatever happen happy.
Speaker 1: I agree, and we all wish the best for him, obviously, and we hope that it's well. So potential snap back. For me, I'm gonna go easy way. I'm gonna say health. They just want to be healthy, you know, just be healthy so we can play.
Speaker 2: For might be enough.
Speaker 1: We need. That's enough, absolutely all right. So then let's go last one here and this is we'll keep this one tight because I think we all kind of know how we feel about this guy. Is Eric beenemy, So I mean there's a lot to say about the man.
Speaker 2: First thing come to my mind is Colorada Buffer.
Speaker 1: Prime coach to me, you think he's having a party. Now he's having a party.
Speaker 2: Coach Ghitt.
Speaker 3: Some people up like, we back because you got redmaed when Coach be Henman there, they was the top five team.
Speaker 1: Yeah in Colorado for the husband, Thank.
Speaker 3: You for Shaun Salom, Michael Restbrook, all these got them figures they had something to do now. But when I think of coach, he's older than you, right though, yeah, much definitely than us. But the thing is, when I think coach me, I think of ingenuity. Okay, that what he brings to the table. And he went and I said, ingenuity over game playing because he adapts and that takes great coaching, because some coaches like, it's my way out of highway, you know how some offensive coaches could be running my way.
Speaker 5: Not him.
Speaker 3: He lets the game come to him. Okay, I thought they were gonna play us cover for. They ain't playing us cover for. They manning us up. No, we're finna go to the miss technique were finela, We're finna take up the field horizontally, not very. I think that's gonna be the golden goose of where he brings to the table.
Speaker 5: But I love that.
Speaker 4: I think when I'm finish, say it kind of goes with what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure us the way okay like that like that a lot there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's played, he's been in the Big Game after Super bowls, won the Big Game.
Speaker 5: He's also lost one of them. Yeah, but he knows what it takes to get there. He's here now.
Speaker 4: He's showing these guys, Hey, how the pragna be up your you know what? Because this is what it's going to take to get you to realize what's at stake. And I've been on teams like that. I haven't went to the big dance college I have, you know pros. I never I never saw it, but I knew those years that was special for us. And I remember the staff we had to run us. I remember how dow then we were, you know, when it came to the stuff that we put on the board in the classroom, and then how we were on the you know, on the practice field. So what he brings is the way he showing these guys what's going to take for us to get there.
Speaker 5: And that's what I want to see from him.
Speaker 4: I want to see him show these guys throughout the week so we can see that displayed on the field on Sundays. You know what I mean, the way the formula we need to go out there and play in the postseason to get ourselves a chance to play in the Big Dance.
Speaker 1: Yeah. For me, it's it's kind of align with what you guys are both saying. I think he's a very smart offensive mind. I think he's very innovative. I think he's very adaptable. I think he's you know, he's been there, he's done it. For me, it's the standard you see that practice, Like the standard is his standard, and his standard is prediction, everything is. And I think it's it's it's affected the entire time. Like what do you watch practice? When you watch the preseason, you say, man, this is a team that knows who they are right and knows what the standard is and they're doing everything they can to get there. And I think that is extremely valuable, you know, having you know, coach at high school like whatever, like that standard is so so important. All right, So it's gonna do it for Word Association, all right, Look, say this is it games coming up this week? Last minute details that a team's putting in kind of like what is like from the end of cut from cuts to now, like what's going on with this?
Speaker 4: Well, see, well you knew the week of the last preseason game he was already getting that game plan ready for the next I was gonna say so due to the fact that it's different from how when we played you know you was you was playing that fourth preseason game and going straight into the regular season. They got a week off now, so they've had two weeks to put in a game plan. So this week is basically this, let's perfect what we're going to run? Sure, yeah, that's that's perfect.
Speaker 5: This thing.
Speaker 4: We're gonna start off with the first their practice. We're gonna we should be. We should be running right now. We shouldn't have to be saying that we installing right now.
Speaker 5: We don't. We don't it honest all in we don't had a weekend off.
Speaker 4: That's perfect this thing because come thirsty, everything is all there. We're gonna go through our short yards. And however we do things on Thursdays. We got so Thursday like third down back when I was playing, it's a little different now. So by Thursday when we're putting that third down packages and it's stuff that you didn't you've already seen. It's nothing new to you. But for these guys who are going to be playing different roles now because it's a regular season, so it's now it's gonna be like you're not getting a rest in practice.
Speaker 5: If you're not playing, you're gonna be on the scout team, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: That's what I look at this week as being it's one of those weeks that we're gonna you know, perfect the stuff that we already put in, and let's go see who who ready to go in.
Speaker 3: I think it's uh, after the fifty three is done, you find out who your brother's gonna be on this mission is voyage we're about to go on. I think it goes yeah, yeah, it goes from Jimmy and Joels because this is what the preseason figured out.
Speaker 2: Whos gonna be the Jimmy and the Joe's.
Speaker 3: To x'es and O's all right, So now it's all about how can the office coordinator defense gonna how can I put them in a big situation to win over and over again. So with the players and the coaches, this is the first time we are on the same level because everything that's just been installed. You force feeding me stuff, force feed me, but get what we know. And we got three hundred players in the play, but we're not taking three hundred players into the game. We attacking this team because this is the DNA of this team. This is what they do well, this is what we're gonna take away. So now you're about to challenge the mental aptitude of your whole entire team.
Speaker 2: How much can you consume? How much can you re dispute? Who are you? We're about to find out. And you know, like we know, if you want to have a good year, you got to start off fast.
Speaker 3: Sure, you got to start off fast as a player, stack wise, everything you want to start off fast. And I think that's where we're at. So I'm going exits in those right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, you know, I think telling you who laid it out really nice because like the last week of training or last week of training camp, right before the cut, they're probably doing some stuff getting ready for Arizona. They're cool thing about this schedules. They had some time off, right, you know, like get that body right, because I remember when I was playing like hurt, My body wasn't right.
Speaker 2: It hurt. You hurt from training here.
Speaker 1: Until like week sick, like five or six. You know, I didn't feel right, so it's nice to get some time off. Also, the thing about this extended by I'm always curious about is like do you put too much in? Because you've had the whole off season to look at this and say and so that's the thing I always kind of keep an eye on. It's like, as a coach, can you say, like is there too much in? Do we have enough? Those are the questions that I think are really really.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Like that Rio is over there because you got to realize what he been handed. All right, they cut come recorded the miss quarterback and play They bringing in a quarterback.
Speaker 2: They've been there like a week. Uh, we gonna find him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, wag everything we was gonna do.
Speaker 2: Blitz blitz blitz blitz blitch simple is it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely all right? Well so yeah, So that's kind of the last finishing touches going in the week one. So make sure you turn into the preview pod to make sure you check out our preview of the Arizona game. All right, now, guys, someone has proposed that we do a fantasy football league.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm in.
Speaker 1: Are you in?
Speaker 5: I am waiting?
Speaker 2: Are you in? Because you got a lot on your mind.
Speaker 1: You have a lot of my player. I don't know that much about fantasy football, but.
Speaker 4: Neither I'm not a big fantasy it's simple, but but I played in a few of them.
Speaker 3: All the players in the pot, and you get to pick any player and whatever.
Speaker 1: Their stats is dead, that's what we get.
Speaker 3: It'll tell you what the number you get. So I get ten points from this player, ten points for this one. But you're smart enough to know you know what, so and so it's playing the Ravens, d I'm gonna him because this guy's playing against the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: So play everybody from Washington Commanders. First week, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't realize you guys were so fired up about it, So I guess I'm in on it. I'll have Jason Johnson, our producer, be my GM.
Speaker 3: And you got to come up with a good name saying that this smooth lumber company, Why yeah, because that's what my guys in the Lady Lumber.
Speaker 1: I don't believe this guy.
Speaker 2: Find any smooth lamber company.
Speaker 3: It's so funny because when I went over there, what it was doing the fantasy thing at Phinnis Field, somebody would like, I've been using the lumbering company ever since I heard you on the radio talk.
Speaker 2: About smooth lumbers. Hey, it's lumber comany.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, so I guess we'll reveal our teams and our names. I don't know when we're gonna do this, but we'll reveal at some point, all right, all right? And uh yeah, I think that's gonna do it for the show today, guys. Hey, great, appreciate it. Joy, We got all this great Commander's content. Game Day Live this Sunday be mentioned Tanna one hour before the game, right, Tanne, Yes, sir, I joined the post game show immediately after. Make sure you can check it out for free on YouTube. That's a big deal. Check it out on there. We gotta get loud with Fred and Jenks. How's that going from we get loud, get real loud? I'm sure you do. Command Center of the Flagship Show is talking. Commander's only very special guest this week, Fred say It's magical Abrica Dabers. Right. This podcast will have a new schedule. Recap will drop on Wednesday. Preview will drop on Fridays. Be sure to subscribe to never miss an episode and comment. We'd love to hear you guys's comments. We got something for you each and every day of the week. Be sure to like and subscribe to you our YouTube page to never miss any exclusive Commanders news and or content. Professional professional. The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.