Speaker 1: Hey, rain Drops. Yes, so I finally got merch. That's right.
Speaker 2: You can buy your allegedly and my Voice mugs, T shirts, rain Drops, hoodies and T shirts all on Carlos Kingshop dot com.
Speaker 1: That's right. Get your hoodies, your T shirts, and your.
Speaker 2: Mugs all on Carlos Kingshop dot com. Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years of production experience. Once a week from Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Watch On today's episode of Reality Is the King, we are going to dive into very big stories.
Speaker 1: Number One, we're going to get into the Real.
Speaker 2: Housewives of Salt Lake City episode three and baby, just when I thought I was Housewives out, the rain Drops put me on assignment, gave me some homework, had me watch it, and child I am hooked. Secondly, we're going to talk about how NBC Universal released a statement to their production company partners and Deadline picked it up in regards to strengthening the workplace conduct guidelines for their reality shows. Bethany Franco responds. Niini responded to Bethany, Is Bethany taking the credit for this? Is Niini being dismissed again. We're going to talk about it first. Let's get into Salt Lake City. Look here, child, remember a few podcasts episodes ago, Darlings I mentioned how I was Housewivestle.
Speaker 1: You know I'm into Miami. I think it's spectacular.
Speaker 2: This season of the Real Housewives of Orange County is spectacular as well.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 2: Tamick Judge came back, saved the show from sinking out the Titanic and resurrected that thing. And then Atlanta was a snooze. And then I did not watch Jersey. So I said to myself, what, child, what's the point of watching Salt Lake City if Genshaw, Prisoner of the Law, is not going to be on it? Because I felt like Jenshaw was the face of Salt Lake City. But let me tell you, honey, the rain drops said to me, Carlos, you must watch Salt Lake City.
Speaker 1: It's so good. It's so good. It's so good.
Speaker 2: So as if I needed another show to add to my DVR, honey, I decided to watch Salt Lake City, and Baby, I was not disappointed. Let's just get into this most recent episode. I believe it's episode three. Mary Cosby is back and she's delivering as always. But there's this new chick named Monica who is perfection. Monica is beautiful, she's funny, she is self deprecating, she laughs at herself, She's very whimsical. In addition to she's really invested in the conversations. Monica, to me, is the future of Salt Lake City because one thing that show had that I felt was missing was this sort of like young freshness, you know, no host bar I said what I said, type of energy, and Monica is it. Monica is so great to watch and the fact that she is able to call things out like she sees it is the reason why I'm very much into this particular season of Salt Lake City. Now, granted I was obsessed with season two of Saltlake City.
Speaker 1: To me, that's their best season. It was tens across the board.
Speaker 2: That's when Lisa allege that Meredith was sleeping with everybody in New York City.
Speaker 1: Yes, that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, she pretty much was calling her Donald Trump, because what she's saying is Meredith was using.
Speaker 1: Herbert JJ all across.
Speaker 2: New York City and the meat packing district, pun intended, and every place else.
Speaker 1: It was that season.
Speaker 2: Child. So let's get into this most recent episode. First of all, Mary is still on Whitney's tail, and it's just fun to watch. It's hilarious to watch Mary dangle the shade across everyone's direction when she was walking by the pool, honey, and then Angie, which by the way, I'm also loving Angie, and he's like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, girl, come over in here, girl, let's talk.
Speaker 2: And Mary in her corner on the cob, Honey, She's like, no, don't talk to me like that. So I know you guys are like, what is she referring to? Talk to her? Like what I think? Because Angie said girl in a very black girl way. I think Mary thought Angie was shifting her tone. Look, I think that's a reach, and I like Mary, I don't think Angie was doing that. But that's the reason why Mary responded in that manner is because she felt like she was giving black girl tone as she was talking to Mary.
Speaker 1: So that was that.
Speaker 2: Again, I think it's to reach my opinion, but it was funny nonetheless. So anyway, so they go to this hotel, the Trixie Motel, the infamous drag queen from Ruepaul's Drag Race, Meredith, who I believe starred in The Nun Rose Mary's Baby, Misery, every horror movie you could think of, scream She was giving me Courtney Cox vies. Meredith and Courtney Cox looked like sisters. So Meredith was possessed, even she says she was possessed. Meredith was so possessed by the devil within her when she was sitting at the dinner table across from ang k and the way Meredith was telling Angie to leave in this very maniacal horror movie way that I believe Jordan Peel, Wes Craven, and Ryan Murphy all directed, and it was the scene of a lifetime miss thing was giving America horror story. Move away, Kim Kardashian and Emma Roberts. There's a new actress in town, and bitch her name is Meredith Marx. Meredith Marx with her yellow dress child was furious at Angie and the stuff that Meredith was saying was so interesting to me because it's like, what are you talking about about? You know things I know, and lives can be ruined. I'm like, Meredith, what the fuck are you doing? I know you don't like to engage, but you're engaging now, but you're not making any sense to me. But she was clearly so upset. So made me think, like, does Angie have something on Meredith. There's been these accusations. Like I said earlier, Releasa Barlow intimated that Meredith is using her body to get what she wants. She's telling the producer off camera pretty much Meredith sleeps around. And Angie wasn't even saying those things to Meredith. But the way meredith eyeballs came out of her socket, giving you chucky doll vibes, it was very interesting to me that Meredith looked afraid of what Angie may say. Now I'm wondering, Meredith, what's TI says? First of all, I like me some Meredith marks. I think she's so pretty, she's so gorgeous. She looks like a Porsona doll when she's not being possessed by you know, the devil definitely Rosemary's baby. But something is good going on in Meredith's past, or has gone on in her past. That makes me think these girls know something about Meredith that she does not want to come out. And what could that be? Do y'all think she's cheating on the husband? And then she tells Lisa Barlowe we can talk about the husbands.
Speaker 1: Let me.
Speaker 2: She does want me to talk about her husband. What is going on in Salt Lake City? That's the reason why I call it the Real Housewives of Salt Lake City Girls.
Speaker 1: These are some city girls living there.
Speaker 2: Nelly Furtado promiscuous life allegedly, that's what it's giving, and it's giving that something is bubbling over that's going to spill like a volcano is going to erupt. And Meredith got some skelettentts in her closet. No, not the voodoo doubts, she has an angiek Something else is going on. There are some skeletons in Meredith's closet and I am curious what that could be. Child.
Speaker 1: We are just getting started. Stay tuned.
Speaker 2: This is reality with the King and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. Something's happening with Lisa too, because they're also intimating that there's something going on with Lisa and her husband, and now there could be something going on with Angie.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, Monica, I'm like, what in the world is going on?
Speaker 2: Here? Is giving Scary Island without Kelly ben Simone. Yes, in New York City, That's what it's giving. It's giving very much that these girls know something about each other and they are waiting until the moment arrives to spill the tea and baby my cup is running over. The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City is so fucking good.
Speaker 1: I am hooked.
Speaker 2: It's better than Atlanta current season and I'm only three episodes in. Bitch is better than Atlanta. It's better than Jersey's past season. Although the reunion was great, Salt Lake City is bringing good and I'm going to credit Monica, Angk and Mary coming back.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: I implore all of you to watch Salt Lake City.
Speaker 1: I may even recap it weekly, that's how good it is so far.
Speaker 2: And just to think I almost wrote this show off the way Jenshaw allegedly was writing checks off to other people allegedly allegedly allegedly, But what do y'all think? Do y'all think Meredith is cheating on her husband? Like, I'm really intrigued with that. And then Heather, and y'all know, I don't really see it that much for Heather the bad Mormon. Yeah, I don't really see it too much for her. But she was so funny at the table, super funny with the baseball cap and everything.
Speaker 1: She was good.
Speaker 2: I'm telling y'all, every housewife on that show has stepped it up. And kudos to the producers and the production for making this season enjoyable. We're only three episodes in and I'm telling you, guys, I'm hooked.
Speaker 1: It's good. I literally have no complaints.
Speaker 2: Up next, let's get into NBC Universa releasing a statement or should I say, email, to all of its production partners in regards to workplace conduct guidelines for their realogy shows.
Speaker 1: So let's go back a little bit.
Speaker 2: As you all know, Bethany Franco and her bone decided to hire a bunch of high powered attorney to do what she has called a reality reckoning, which is again, these are her words, not mine, and I'm paraphrasing at that Bethany wants to unionize reality stars the way actors are in unions, and she wants to do it based upon the fact that she feels reality stars deserves more of what they're getting right now, whether it's treatment, monetary, means all of those things. As you all know too, she interviewed the artist formerly known as Raquel. Her name is Rachel for Vanda Pump Rules. As we all know now, Rachel is not coming back to this upcoming season of Vanda Pump Rules. Bethany has leak I'm sorry, I mean Bethan Allegedly, TMZ and all these other outlets have picked up tons of emails that were sent to Bravo from these high powered attorneys about what was going on in terms of what they uncovered. I won't get too much into that, y'all can look at it yourselves, but Bethany and her team of attorneys have been sending Bravo legal team all of these letters. So long story short, Bravo decided to send the email to their production company partners. So what that means, guys, is every single show on Bravo is produced by a production company. So all of your favorite Housewives shows are produced by several production companies individually. So when a network buys a show, a green lcense show, they're buying it from the production company, and it's the production company's job to produce the show based on the network mandate in which they want the show to be.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it cool.
Speaker 2: So Francis Berwick, who is the chairman in NBC Universal Entertainment, sent a note out to external production companies to inform them of the charges. I'm sorry, changes child not frulyan slip okay. She wanted to inform them of the changes, and miraculously Deadline obtain a copy of the note. So in Bethany's complaints that we were able to see courtesy of things being leaked, I mean things we saw, I'm sorry. Allegedly there were tons of reports of alcohol usage on.
Speaker 1: These shows, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: The first point of the note highlighted alcohol, and what was said was this, building on our current protocols, we will require that you deliver and expanded alcohol related training to the cast, crew and production team, which must include details on how production will monitor alcohol, including when consumption limits may be appropriate and when and how to intervene to maintain cast and crew safety. The reason why this point is interesting is because on Below Deck Under, they were faced with an alcohol related issue with some of its stars. Two crew members were fired due to their non consensual sexual advances to coworkers. Two people were kicked off the yacht for misconduct after producers had to step in following a scary moment that saw one of them climb naked into the bid of another cast member who was too intoxicated to consent and producers could be heard telling him to exit. So that happened recently, which is why the note about alcohol consumption was a point.
Speaker 1: That had to be made. Which is a very interesting.
Speaker 2: Point because as we all know right now, well, this incident that I'm about to bring up happened off camera, but Shanna Badore from the Real Housewives of Orange County had a dui and she allegedly crashed in someone's home and allegedly her dog Archie was in the car. Now, one of the things that we know about the Orange County show is Gina also had a dui that we were able to see follow on the show where she did not go to jail for a long time, and I believe she's doing community service and all those things. Kudos to Gina for working with the law to make sure that she was able to be a mom and learn from her mistakes and move on. When it comes to Shannabadoor, there has been tons of conversations from the cast about her alcohol usage.
Speaker 1: A lot of them have.
Speaker 2: Said that Shannon does drink and that Shannon does have a drinking problem.
Speaker 1: Allegedly.
Speaker 2: That's what they've been saying for a while. The thing about Shannon is the Newport Beach Police departments Animal Control unit. They're investigating this incident because they want to know whether or not the dog, Archie, if he was in the car. What does that mean for Shannon not only having to deal with this in a court of law for driving under the influence, but also how animal control is investigating her in regards to her dog. This is a very sad situation. I am praying for you, Shanna Badoor. I wish you nothing but the best in terms of your recovery for I move on and finish up this NBC Bethany and need anything. We got to talk about the tea that Tamar Judge dropped on two teas in a pod.
Speaker 1: I hate you interrupt but stay tuned for more.
Speaker 2: Life doesn't happen bi weekly, so why should pay day? The money you earn can be in your hands today with earn in.
Speaker 1: Earn In is an app that.
Speaker 2: Gives you access to your pay as you work, up to one hundred dollars per day or up to seven hundred and fifty dollars per pay period. Just download the earn an app and verify your paycheck. Then access up to one hundred dollars a day as you work, and leave an optional tip. Any money you access plus tips are automatically repaid from your next paycheck. If I needed something like earning it's what I use. And this is why because child your boys busy. I got several jobs, as y'all know, and I like my money, honey. So any opportunity to where I'm able to get paid at a moment's known as honey. Sign me up. Make earn in a part of your financial routine. Enjoy earnings. Over three and a half million customers who say when I think about earn in, I think about financial stability, security.
Speaker 1: It gives me a lot of peace of mind.
Speaker 2: Download earn in today spelled e A r n I in in the Google Play or Apple App Store. When you download the earn in app, type in reality under Podcasts when you sign up, it'll really help the show reality under podcast subject to your available earnings delhi max and paid period max. See earnin dot com slash ts for details. This is Reality with the King and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. Tamra said that the day after Shannon had the DUI incident, they spoke over the phone and that Shannon never told her, And the way that Tamara found out is the way we found out through the blogs. Just last week, I did an episode about how reality TV friendships are not real and it's an alliance. And y'all read me for philled guard selling Sun's friendship. Like I said, I'm not saying it's they don't like each other. I made a that it's a friendship of convenience and that they have an alliance.
Speaker 1: Y'all read me for filth. But this is the gag of the Gagat.
Speaker 2: Gags, tamar and Shannon and Vicki called themselves the tres Amigas. When Tamara was fired from OC, Shannon stopped calling Tamarra. That's a clear sign that the friendship, at least on Shannon's part, was not genuine, period, point blank. Then Tamara comes back to the show and all of a sudden, at least on camera, they appeared to be best friends. If my best friend got a DUI and I'm speaking to this person the day after it happened and he or she doesn't tell me, we're not real friends because at the end of the day, it's not like, Okay, I'm private.
Speaker 1: I don't want you to know right now.
Speaker 2: You are a celebrity, so you knew it was going to come on the blogs and you chose not to tell Tamara the French is fake, like the blonde and Gena's hair, just saying and I love you, Gina. So that goes to show you what I said was right. Reality TV friendships are alliances, not real friendships.
Speaker 1: But I digress.
Speaker 2: So moving on, NBC Universal addressed the alcohol usage in terms of what's happening on the shows, and they also started to talk about the confidentiality clauses because Beth and they made a big to do about that as well. One of Frankel's biggest beefs is what she called an unrealistic NDAs NBC Universe and Bravo has made clear that as confidentiality clauses are not intended to prevent disclosure by cast and crew of unlawful acts in the workplace, and says that it has not enforced them in that manner. Francis Berwick added, we expect that production companies will ensure that all talent and crew agreements have confidentiality language that carves out reporting of unlawful conduct.
Speaker 1: Last, but not.
Speaker 2: Least one one point, they also spoke about violence and what that means. Now, it's a very interesting time that it has come out too, because here's some teeth of y'all. Allegedly Jennifer Aiden and Danielle from the Real Housewives of New Jersey a few days ago, as they're filming the upcoming season, allegedly an altercation happen between Jennifer Aiden and Danielle. They're alleging that both of them are put on ice until this incident is investigated. Yes, honey, Yes, So this statement by Brada comes out of very interesting time. So Allegedly, on Thursday, September twenty first, the women were filming scenes for the show Teresa throw a party and Jennifer and Danielle had an argument that allegedly turned physical. Jennifer Aden allegedly pushed Danielle, who threw a beverage in a plastic cup at Jennifer, and the two of them have been suspended from filming this current season pending an investigation. This is a reality reckoning because a fight on New Jersey, it's low keyboard we expect, child it is what it is. No fight on New Jersey is like no scandals on Bibley Hills. That's what the girls in Jersey do, honey. So this is very shocking because typically when a fight happens on these shows, you talk about it, you move on, Danielle style pulling Margaret's ponytail.
Speaker 1: The show must go on. That's how it used to be.
Speaker 2: But the fact that Jennifer Aiden and Danielle Cabral got into a physical altercation and now they're both suspended allegedly from filming until this matter is investigated, that's a reckoning. But of course, Bethany Frankel decided to respond to NBC's email that was sent to its production company partners, and Bethany had this to say, It's not easy to burn bridges and speak up about what should be obvious to many.
Speaker 1: That's my Bethany voice.
Speaker 2: There are very few times in my career in life when I think certain that I'm on the right path. I'll be it a challenging one, but worth the fight for a cause. So you know, Bethany likes to talk child So she went on and on and on. But long story short, she of course made about her souse. That's what Bethany does. And I love Bethany, but it is what it is. She said, to the ignorant who have said that people sign up from his treatment, shame on them. To my former colleagues housewives who said that it doesn't apply to them because they know how to handle themselves when others with less power cannot. I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you. She then thanks Francis Berwick. So Bethany thank all these people as if she want an Emmy or an Oscar or Nobel Peace Prize. And she said, you are a strong example to women, two executives, and to other networks and streamers who have already begun to fall in line and makes changes. Bethany concluded with this, the change is happening. The reality reckoning is here. Ps, this conversation is far from over. We are just getting started. And she tagged sag Aftra and deadline.
Speaker 1: So Bethany started to do this.
Speaker 2: Reality reckoning thing for a few months now, and a lot of people have noticed that, hmmm, is Bravo releasing this statement because of what Bethany is doing? Like, did Bethany truly become this martyr against Bravo to where she's able to make changes? Then a lot of people started to talk about Nini Leaks and all the things that Nini Leaks allege a few years ago where people felt like Niini's experience fell on deaf ears and a lot of people are bringing race into this, Nini Leek's being a black woman arguably the number one housewife in the world, Bethany Frankel arguably the number three housewife in the world, Cousterese's number two. So Nini Leaks, a black woman, addressed her concerns publicly various shows and tweets. For years, nothing happened. Bethany Frankel hired two high powered attorneys, sent emails, and within a matter of months a statement comes out from the network and Bethany is a white woman. So what Nini talked about for years, people call Niini delusional, angry girl is your ego and listen, these are things that people have said. So for years, Nini talked about her experience, and according to Nini, this is what she said on this very podcast. She said, when she speaks up, she.
Speaker 1: Can no longer work.
Speaker 2: Nini felt that she was blackballed for speaking about her experience, and Nini has said for years she did not work.
Speaker 1: Bethany Frankel talks about it for a few.
Speaker 2: Months and and an email assent about changes being done about how they operate, so much so that Bethany released around statement thank them for doing the right thing. This is what Bethany said, and pretty much said at the end, this shit still ain't over with, so don't get too comfortable. So Bethany has more things going on, more arms and the fire that we have yet to see, and Nini is just now getting back to getting booked for jobs.
Speaker 1: This is what Nini said, not me.
Speaker 2: So a lot of people are saying, once again, it took a white woman to cry foul and she's heard and changes are made, and when a black woman speaks nothing is done. Do you guys think that's a coincidence or do you think race is an issue here? I'm curious to hear from you rain drops what you guys think. Nini did respond to Bethany's post and said a win is a win, which child? You know, Nini, you know what that really meant.
Speaker 1: Allegedly.
Speaker 2: Nimi's like, yeah, hmm, this is how the cookie crumbles, child. So I want to hear from you all in terms of what you think. Is race involved in this or is it a matter of circumstance or just a coincidence. Obviously, Bethany has a lot of money, Bethany knows a lot. Bethany rubs elbows with people that may have said things in passing that she allegedly could use against them. And because Bethany is a very powerful woman, yes and a white woman at that, is she able to take the charge and really make changes that she sees fit And Nini has to work back from the bottom to make it to the top where she once was. Is it fair or is it a coincidence? I want to hear from you, so tweet me hashtaging reality with the King and let me know.
Speaker 1: Thank you for.
Speaker 2: Listening to Reality with the King. New episodes drop every Tuesday, Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes Baby, my YouTube channel where you can get all of my visuals, Baby, my expressions, Yeah, don't forget. Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is production of Kingdom ragn Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley Rix An executive produced by Me, Carlos King, Kingdom Reign Entertainment, Baby