Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: The counterfeit market I've actually read is actually booming and they've become really good. Like you said, sometimes you can't even tell the difference between counterfeit, So is that all coming out of like China or is it counter fits like just all over everywhere at this point, and you just really don't know because they said, like sometimes you really don't even know if it's if it's real or Notough.
Speaker 4: I think they sees like it was like a seventeen million dollar season at the border, like they got a shipment of just fake Jordan's seventeen million do that it was crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think they are mostly from China. I'm not super familiar with it because we completely stay away from it. There's been other sneaker YouTube channels that have dove much deeper into that, where you know, maybe they'll compare a real pair and a fake pair or try to educate people in that regard or whatever. So they've got their hands on the fake pairs, but we don't really do anything in that regard. But yeah, I think I guess they've got you know, Big Fact three is over in China and they're getting better and better at at making them look damn near identical.
Speaker 3: Well, they probably make them in the same factor they make the real ones. Prob they're because it's like this, it's a factory in China that's making the real ones. So what's the difference between They'll just put summerside for fake. They actually probably aren't real.
Speaker 4: Now, this dude's making billion. They had Advice had a whole show on the fake retail market.
Speaker 2: This dude's making millions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's making millions of dollars and everybody knows it. But the thing is, like, yo, I could just fit in with this fifteen pair of fifteen dollars pair of sneakers, or I could have the one hundred and eighty dollar pair sneakers. They don't look the same, and when I walk out the side, you're not going to know difference anyway.
Speaker 3: Now, But that you know what. That's crazy though what you said as far as like predicting events, because that reminds me of the stock Like we look at we buy stock and were like iPhone thirteen is about to come out, so we predict that Apple's stock price is going to go out. It's all an educated guest. We don't really know it not, So I never really looked at it as far as sneaker is in the same capacity. But yeah, you could say, okay, like let's say that you know, Lebron decides he's going to retire after this season, then the last sneaker that he puts out hypothetically could be more valuable because he's not gonna put ot anything.
Speaker 4: That literally happened this year with the untimely death of Kobe Bryant. Yeah, so like Kobe pass. And now if you try to get any Kobe shoe, any of the thirteen or fourteen ones he put out, they're over four hundred dollars each. Like whereas when he was alive and playing, that wasn't the case, like you could buy a Kobe shoe outside like the Kobe Nines. When he came out the high Top and it changed, it was like it was affordable to do. And now it's like, yo, four hundred dollars at the minimum.
Speaker 3: So but Mike, let me let me ask you this, what is the How does sneakers actually get value? Because to me, it's looking if he's like I said, I'm not a sneakerhead, but I saw you did a review on your on your page a few days ago with the off white something off white OZ. Yeah, it looked it looked like it was it was a dope sneaker to me. But she was like, you can actually get it for a cheaper price now, So it seems to me like the randomnest sneakers just go up crazy, Like, is there like a rhyme or reason to why sneakers are valued at what they're valued on the secondhand market.
Speaker 5: I think it's just what the consumer kind of pushes it to and or lets it drop to. You know, it really is, and that's why sometimes you'll see people, you know, complaining about prices, and even me sometimes I'm like, man, I can't I want that sneaker, but I'm not going to pay that. But it's us who set the market.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: It's supply and demand like anything else. And obviously certain sneaker releases are more limited, so already the supply is low, so then if the demand is even up a little bit, it's going to be something. It's going to reflect that in the resell price of the sneaker. So it's it is something that's pretty hard to predict. Like I said, it's not to me, it would be a headache, you know, Like I know, if if that's something that you're doing for a living, which I know plenty of people who do do that and do very well for themselves. But to me, that would be. It's too wishy washy for me. It's too like I like to.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC ernest What's Up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like? The checkout is fast, the re seats are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless, whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 5: A little bit more certain about stuff, and so it's it is really tough to predict sometimes.
Speaker 2: But you know, if you.
Speaker 5: Really have your ear to the street, so to speak, and by that I mean just really on social media, because that's what things are these days, you can kind of feel it starting to bubble, you know, like these nikesb sneakers. You know, Nike skateboarding is something that several years ago were really popular, and then over the past few years they kind of got stagnant. No one really wanted them other than people who were skating in them, but they had no resell value, and now over the last year or so, it's just bananas. Like it was a pair that I had, and they were reselling for like two grand and retails like a hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: So it's but.
Speaker 5: About a year ago, you could feel it start to bubble, you know, you could people were talking about them more, were posting more. You could see you could see the resell prices kind of climbing a little bit, the releases being a little bit more hyped up, the sneaker blogs covering the stuff more, and so you can you can feel it start to bubble. It's not like a complete shot in the dark, but it is something that you got to really be in tune with if if that's how you're going to make your money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the SB, I'm glad you brought that up because the SB obviously, and we're going to talk about the Ben and Jerry that you got. We need to talk about that because I saw the post. We're gonna talk about that. We got to talk about that. But the SB has, like you said, like a year ago, came back and I feel like it was a Travis Scott effect, Like that's the power of influence. Like every time Travis Scott woul put on the ASB, whether it was the Diamond or the ones he made you would see that shoe go up. But prior to that, I think, and maybe you can add to this, the one that changed the way sneakers looked at I think it has to be the SB Pigeon.
Speaker 5: No, well, I mean that was that was one of the first sneakers that really created like a real, real craze, you know, and so yes, but I think there's been an ebb and flow to sneakers, and I mean, really everything goes that way, but it's the things will be sky high and then you know, they'll kind of gradually slide back down and then something will happen where it booms again. And I think what you said about Travis Scott is is I think you really nailed it on the head, you know, especially now social media, Like I think that that's the ingredient that took sneakers from a much more niche really much smaller group of people that really really cared about it and really took it to where it's at now. I mean social and a big part of that social media is, like you said, the Travis Scotts of the world, the celebrities. You know, You've got Kylie uh Jenner on on wearing sb's and you know a lot of sneaker people were upset because they were like, oh, she's not.
Speaker 2: You know, she's getting them for free.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, and like, yo, she's she's new to this. And but the truth of the matter is they still have incredible influence. And when people start seeing that stuff on Instagram and they start saying, I want that sneaker, I want that one, and and you know, now they're on stock x or now they're you know, searching to you know, where they can find the sneaker. And so celebrities have really boomed things in my opinion, and Instagram specifically, and you know, just social media in general.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 3: My graduates from my school being false bad drop drop, drop bagdrop.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,