Speaker 1: Are you leaving?
Speaker 2: I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 3: Either way, we want to be there.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and a terminol and gaye ad.
Speaker 2: We want to send you off in style. We wanna welcome you back home.
Speaker 1: Tell us all about it.
Speaker 4: We scared her?
Speaker 1: Was it fine? Mal porn? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do your need to ride?
Speaker 2: Ride with Karen and Chris? Welcome today? You need to ride.
Speaker 1: This is Chris Fairbanks and this is Karena.
Speaker 5: We have uh we decided the opening topic today, as Karen stated, would be based on the universal consciousness of what has fed us.
Speaker 6: And you know that makes me nervous. I like to come with a starter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think just let it seeing.
Speaker 4: What happens.
Speaker 6: Like you're in Vegas Vegas style.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just gamble and lose for mortgage, just to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what's that feeling?
Speaker 1: By Have you ever gone through something like that before?
Speaker 5: If I left it up to the universe, I would never and I don't gamble. So it turns out I do leap it up to the universe.
Speaker 1: I don't really enjoy gambling, like I've done it, and I've done it very This car it does that where I'm like so far away and it's beeping or it doesn't beep at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a tattletale.
Speaker 5: That beep is a kid raising his hand. Yeah, every question asked like a teacher is ignoring them.
Speaker 6: Anyone but Theodore.
Speaker 1: Theodore, I saw the break lights. It's fine.
Speaker 5: There was a kid in my school who would His name was Danny. I'm saying his name because I'm about to praise him. He was a classic nerd. Wait a minute, sounds like I'm not, but like from a movie tape on the glasses bowl cut knew every question and would sneeze. He expressed himself through loud sneezing and it would startle everyone. So on paper, it sounds bad, but I look back on that guy, and he knew who he was, and he did not adjust anything, and he knew every question, and he would raise his hand and make us all look dumb, and so people. No one bullied him. I went to a bully freeze at my school was in a bully free zone.
Speaker 1: Oh, how fortuitous for your children?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, yes, God, I miss them, Ah, the kids I had back then.
Speaker 1: And I went to say you children, but for some reason I just said a different words.
Speaker 6: I thought about being a father in high school. But thank god, it was just a phase.
Speaker 1: I mean, you didn't want to take the easy way out.
Speaker 5: No, I just wanted to utilize the zone we were in. But yeah, I think about Danny all the time.
Speaker 4: So sorry.
Speaker 1: Did you actually think there was anything positive about the story you just told about him?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 5: No, you know, i'd start with a bummer. By the way, update, that cat got a opted, it did live. I found the people and I asked about the cat. The cat is now in a home. It was indeed hit by a car and has recovered little broken bones, a little cast. Isn't that great?
Speaker 4: It is great.
Speaker 2: See it's a slow burn if you were, if you were on.
Speaker 6: A sad little cliffhanger there because of my story what two episodes ago?
Speaker 1: The cat is a month long cat sorrow cliffhanger. It's over.
Speaker 6: The cat now wears a little top hat and is.
Speaker 2: In a giant mansion. Yay, so many kids.
Speaker 4: So many kids for that cat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you yes, No, I just he Danny raising his hands the equivalent of your car tattle tangling on every.
Speaker 1: No, I got it because I love I'm saying we should probably edit Danny's.
Speaker 4: Full name out.
Speaker 5: I might have the name wrong, well slightly. I'm just such a good actor.
Speaker 4: Oh they're just kind of you were you?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, and I'm now I think that was his name.
Speaker 2: Sure we can bleep it.
Speaker 1: Well, just what's the what's the value of adult? I loved that guy, and then you tell that story which was mostly negative.
Speaker 6: Karen, I don't know that. I'm not trying to start no static with you, but it's.
Speaker 5: Starting a little bit of a pot calling the kettle black situation because you say everyone's last name.
Speaker 7: I always I do.
Speaker 1: But I'm pretty sure I keep that part in mind. Right, if this first name, last name was going to hear this, would they be on board or would they be bumming out?
Speaker 5: You know, there's a chance he listens to our podcast at his station at the jet propulsion Laboratory.
Speaker 2: He was very smart. See I'm who doesn't want hey that Danny gay Man?
Speaker 5: Was he smart? But he sneezed loud. But yes, he was a bit of a tattletale As.
Speaker 1: Far as tattletale nerd, which to me seems overall negative.
Speaker 2: Nerds are cool now.
Speaker 7: This is in the eighties.
Speaker 6: I don't understand the try Lambs would be the most popular fraternity Nowadays.
Speaker 4: You can just do first names that are also fictional.
Speaker 5: You know, I changed his name from Daniel to Danny.
Speaker 1: That wasn't you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, uh yeah, just bleep it out. We'll pretend his name was Danny fox Kid.
Speaker 2: But he yuh.
Speaker 6: It's it's like these cars. We know they don't have the answer when it comes to driving.
Speaker 4: True, it can't drive for.
Speaker 5: Me, and we should only appreciate that the car says, hey, someone's slamming on the brakes in front of you.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, yeah, okay, it wasn't actually looking so thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't have to Tattletale was such I'm really I always have been on the fence with Tattletales.
Speaker 1: I genuinely feel a ja gan'take sense of relief hearing that about the cat.
Speaker 2: I need to say that good.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm very happy.
Speaker 5: I recognized the woman at Lasan's that was the married couple that actually did the work.
Speaker 2: I just kind of hung out for a while.
Speaker 1: You were you were the most traumatized person in the whole scenario. You were the discoverer, right, and I called attention. I had a group.
Speaker 6: I had a group of girls scout cookie selling moms and children.
Speaker 1: You pulled the children.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was kind of holding cord.
Speaker 5: I was saying what I knew about the cat, what I thought, diagnosis, and you just.
Speaker 1: Speak loudly over the little girls weeping and yes, moaning.
Speaker 5: I was also saying, reassure, I'm pretty good with people. It's I did. I think I did do well that day. It's it's my brain, the powers I have at night. And I don't know if you know about my powers back.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm very in tune with the.
Speaker 2: I don't know I.
Speaker 1: Was supposed to take that exit. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm sorry. It's because of my drivel.
Speaker 5: The other night I watched I tried to watch the yell Fest that is the new Curb Your Enthusiasm, and there's an episode where they're golfing, you know how I like golf comedy, you do, and Richard Lewis was in it, and I'm like, oh, that's I'm that's too bad that he passed away.
Speaker 2: This was two days.
Speaker 1: Ago, very sad. Richard is one of the best comments.
Speaker 6: He passed away, Like last night I was wrong. I didn't realize I was wrong. Then today I'm like, oh, is this the anniversary?
Speaker 2: And no, it was. I killed him with my brain, Karen.
Speaker 1: I just saw it on social media. I just saw people posting his picture and saying very sad things about him, and I was just like, oh, he died. So I didn't know right this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this was a few days ago and the death happened in the land twenty four hours. It just made me feel weird and not not good that I that, I obviously.
Speaker 1: Cause that it's a very narcissistic point of view there, it is. I would step back from.
Speaker 6: That, right, No, I'm dipping my toe into narcissism.
Speaker 1: Right, No, No, it doesn't suit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I my whole life, I've been uh, look at that low hubbah. Someone needs to skate that h What are you talking about? It's the thing on the stairs you could jump on a zoop. Yeah, but it's got some stoppers, some classic skate stoppers.
Speaker 1: To make it so that people can't skate on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's a whole business.
Speaker 5: It's they make you know, for fancy cities have little brass starfish that kind of drape over an edge or you know, it keeps kids from jumping on ledges and grinding and sliding.
Speaker 1: You should write Can I pitch you an idea?
Speaker 2: Right now? Yes?
Speaker 1: You should write a movie about the comp any skate Stoppers that makes things that stop skaters from skating. And they're super evil. It's like super over the top, right right, it's underground. The headquarters is underground, right, yeah, and then.
Speaker 5: It's they make them out of nefariously sourced metals, yes.
Speaker 1: And plastic from the Great Plastic Patch the Pacific Path.
Speaker 2: Yes, where they also pumpkins.
Speaker 1: That would be recycling anyway. Right, this is we're sitballing right right, and yeah, but then some skate heroes come and fight this company and end up blowing up their headquarters. Yeah, freeing all the skaters.
Speaker 6: Underestimated skateboarders because they're like, oh, they didn't go to school, you know, right? Did you know they became lawyers online during COVID.
Speaker 1: This is have you ever seen the accidentees guy? He's a skateboarder.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 6: I could tell by his big bushy mustache and polyester SuDS.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, that's a stop.
Speaker 6: Okay, the car should have told us, thank you for Seriously, where are you on that one?
Speaker 1: Tattletail has nothing to say?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: I thought you knew that one.
Speaker 1: Oh, I guess you don't read the street.
Speaker 2: You know they skate stoppers?
Speaker 1: Yes, you can see the franchise. Now.
Speaker 5: It's so funny because this is something we kind of jokingly unless you're totally serious. It's not a bad idea.
Speaker 1: I'm never I'm never one hundred percent joking about anything really me either.
Speaker 6: Until I started trying out narcissism. Now I'm one hundred percent with everything.
Speaker 5: I It is the kind of thing where I'd like, if I end up in a meeting, I'll forget all these ideas and then all of a sudden, go, oh, skate stoppers.
Speaker 4: Yeah do it?
Speaker 2: It's called uh, skate stoppers. It's Oh, I like that title. What's it about? And then I started looking at things in the room.
Speaker 6: Whatever is on the corkboard, reading this, someone's ballpoint pen and they've green light it.
Speaker 1: It's a game called the Pictures of Water, that kind of thing, right.
Speaker 7: What was that noise?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, that was me.
Speaker 6: Oh, I just remember last night I swallowed a balloon.
Speaker 4: I honestly thought on Ali's had as.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, I apparently I do.
Speaker 1: Yes, But you said, what was that noise?
Speaker 4: Literally like you had nothing? You were asking the question.
Speaker 6: I was asking my own throat with my own voicebox.
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 7: Gie? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: From six inches away from this question, I.
Speaker 1: Think that this idea because it is hatched on this podcast. I wouldn't have thought of it if you weren't talking about it. Right, So we have just poor man's copy written it as our co joint idea. Right, So, wherever, whatever room we get in, if skate stoppers is the answer, we're going to give that answer.
Speaker 5: We have had a lot of million dollar ideas in the medical field inventions. I'm mostly speaking for myself.
Speaker 6: Oh, but I need to start listening to this podcast because there's golden here, Yes there is, and we just let it. You know, weird like.
Speaker 5: Grip grasping for content, kind of like how I's grasping for a word there.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we're well, we're mostly grip grasping, and I think that is what sets.
Speaker 6: Us upon grasping at all the grass, just gripping and ripping for ideas.
Speaker 5: And if someone sat me down in a room and said, hey, you have ten minutes to think of a pitch, I would never think of skate stoppers. I would think, and it's a problem with entertainment right now. I would think of Ghostbusters, a new version.
Speaker 4: Of the Newest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, this one's a little different.
Speaker 1: It has Mermaids.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the combination of Ghostbusters and Flash and Daniel levy mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: They could hear me out, yes.
Speaker 6: And and then I didn't flip through a book to see if Bill Murray as a kid.
Speaker 4: So you have to go it's our turn.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, never trust two thousand and one's snipic.
Speaker 2: Never Never.
Speaker 1: This apartment building went up quite quickly for my taste.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's that means it probably uh is has straped for all the flaws.
Speaker 1: It might be sinking into the ground as we.
Speaker 2: Speak, yep, but all of venice.
Speaker 1: That's another movie idea I have because there's a high rise I think it's in Brooklyn that is actually like structurally unsound, and all these people live in it because they built it really fast, and so it'd be cool if that building actually began to like somehow implode and the and you have like an action suspense movie of like hipsters and rich people trying to escape a collapsing building.
Speaker 5: Right, but there are the first twenty minutes it's like warning signs, things slowly sinking, like why.
Speaker 1: See their why is shaking back and forth?
Speaker 6: Or I imagine a guy feverishly writing a screenplay and he whips around all of a sudden his hands. He has to lower them to get to the laptop.
Speaker 2: Why is it lower? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and to the left.
Speaker 6: And the viewer will be like, why did is laptop lower? This is such an interesting film?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is strange? Is this perception? And then immediately the porch falls off? Yeah, Patty, what's it called Vilnai inception? There's a lot of buildings shifting in that. Yeah, I was like there, but also the outside that could be one of the first falls off is a.
Speaker 2: Deck, a davenport, a.
Speaker 1: Veranda, the veranda for sure, yes, and Miranda will be on it.
Speaker 6: I think we oh man, we got to get a meeting.
Speaker 1: That's two solid and very different ideas. Because I was seeing Skateebusters as a children's movie, right A definitely a pitch for Disney or Disney's competitor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is how I should look at things.
Speaker 6: My old roommate Todd in Austin was always like, I'm going to write this month three teenage movies in the vein of you know, John Hughes or whatever, and he would just hammer out scripts with spelling errors and he'd leave them in there to show like, oh, I don't even care.
Speaker 1: About this, and just as saying the over rode spell check.
Speaker 5: This was at a time, believe it or not, This was like early two thousands, maybe pre the Help. Yeah, it was around the time where a paper clip would have to come out and.
Speaker 1: Go hey and be like, can I ask you a question? You're like, I don't know you what what a look on your face?
Speaker 2: Why are you off a supply with arms?
Speaker 1: Stop speaking with me? I'm in the privacy.
Speaker 5: I do think he over did, Like I thought that was an interesting because he got like a agent here and then just hammered him with scraps like, look at how I can produce.
Speaker 1: That's kind of smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was. It was something. Did I learn from it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Did he sell anything?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: He made the most The movie with why Am I Forgetting Her? Hilarious name.
Speaker 2: She was the best part of.
Speaker 1: Bridesmaids, Melissa McCarthy.
Speaker 6: Melissa McCarthy and many puppets. It's like a yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah he wrote that. That's also that's something that the Tunetown Killers.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah.
Speaker 6: And I he was like it flopped, No, and I watched it was great.
Speaker 1: Also, who cares it got made?
Speaker 4: It's a miracle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it was an adult puppet movie. Not since Peter Jackson's Meet the Feebles has there been an adult puppet after a horror movie.
Speaker 6: He made that and then all of a sudden Lord of the Rings, but he made some interesting stuff.
Speaker 4: Who were the Peebles?
Speaker 1: I've never met them?
Speaker 2: Well, that's why you had to meet them in this movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, didn't get the opportunity to meet them.
Speaker 6: No, A lot of people thought they had met them, But it was the folks down at Fraggle Rock Oh that I met.
Speaker 1: There was a mistaken identity.
Speaker 4: Yes, I have to say this. I saw TikTok.
Speaker 1: I have to say it. I saw TikTok and it was from do you watch TikTok's where they do stuff like I'm a you know, I'm a Taurus.
Speaker 4: Of course I want to eat.
Speaker 2: All day and watch tat it is a trend.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, So there were these girls doing it, women and they were like, I work at Hanson, of course I whatever. But the things that were saying. They would interact then with what were supposed to be other employees, but they were puppets, and I swear to god, every single one of them was hilarious. And like, the first person she interacts with is a guy that works at the front desk, but he's like a middle aged guy that's kind of talking like this, and.
Speaker 2: He's like a puppet.
Speaker 1: Yes, and he's like, I can't. You just have to see it. That's so awesome, that's great. It's all the voices are very funny. It's all very like sharp and like Hensony. It made me feel like, oh yay, that Henson company knows, they know who they are and they're still going strong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and as far as I know that that company has no blood on their hands, right, well except for the murder of Frank Oz.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just remember how excited I was when I moved to Hollywood and there's that building on Lobra. I will Kermit the Frog and a top hat. Yeah, I'm like, is that where it all happened?
Speaker 4: I believe it is.
Speaker 1: I still believe that is Henson Studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was an old lady that was the security guard at the gate. That's like get Yeah, it's really funny. I watch it like three times.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm a big Yeah, I want I think kids still like muppets.
Speaker 2: I do like that.
Speaker 1: I do this kid does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that. This whole era of like computer animation.
Speaker 6: What are those two up to other than buying headbands together?
Speaker 1: What that's fascinating.
Speaker 6: Well, let's go into our joint business account and make more headbands.
Speaker 2: Here at the Bank of America, we're.
Speaker 1: Here to uh to withdraw five thousand dollars from Headband's inc.
Speaker 6: She opens up a zipper on the headband and pulls out money.
Speaker 2: Withdrawal slip.
Speaker 1: She's like, these aren't selling. We need help our bank.
Speaker 4: They listener.
Speaker 1: Just so you know, these headbands look like the kind of headbands you put on babies to take their first picture when they don't have hair. Yes, So that's why it was such. It wasn't like we were being like, oh, you know, hyper critical of the hair. Yeah, thing.
Speaker 6: You know, we aren't fashion easts.
Speaker 7: Not in the least, but they did.
Speaker 6: They were headbands with like an applique as far as I or maybe it was just a.
Speaker 4: Not they were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and why like trying to really cover some ground on that whole skull.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm glad my days of having hair over because I was a.
Speaker 1: Pretty bad news.
Speaker 6: You have a ton of hair, I know, but at least it's not you know the way it was.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought you thought you were bald?
Speaker 2: No, no, no. When I was carrot topping.
Speaker 1: When people were like, who is that? When you come to my parties, yes, yes, who's like Karen, somebody came up the backsteps, I'm like, it's fucking fair Bank.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you know, a professional disc golfer.
Speaker 6: Did he bring a sackrist a hack?
Speaker 4: Your cousin from Spain is here?
Speaker 3: All of my I was made a living that year doing cameos, and every one of them was just I'm a disc golfer.
Speaker 6: I'm a hackey sacker. Hey, you guys will play ultimate frisbee. I got a lot of mileage.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I hate when you write all this material and then.
Speaker 4: Then you cut your hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you change your appearance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sorry, all like all that hour I had about how I don't like people with glasses and look at me now now it's.
Speaker 1: Called the hypocrites hour.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well we're here in Silver Lake, California, right or Los Felis.
Speaker 5: This is yeah, I think this is classic, like hilly Los Felis.
Speaker 4: It's we're on the very fa' miss Shakespeare bridge.
Speaker 2: Is this the bridge that's in the film China Can?
Speaker 6: I always there's many classic looking bridges that they've just been.
Speaker 2: You know, paint them gray.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when they used to have ornate lanterns with a flickering flame.
Speaker 4: So true.
Speaker 6: Yes, oh the days of bridges, yes, yes, before electricity. Anyway, thank you for listening. Anyway, I'm seventy.
Speaker 1: Some great clouds out today, beautiful weather, clear skies, but then some big I saw a cloud that looked like a dock cent earlier. Really, I can't prove it.
Speaker 5: It's been a while since I look for shapes. I don't find the billowy shapes that and I'm not saying it's bad that have never cloud in the sky. But in Montana, you get it's like a trip to the zoo.
Speaker 6: When you look up every animal, lots of bunnies and uh and they're undulating.
Speaker 1: And Montana that big sky country. Don't get me started. Very famous high school. This is?
Speaker 4: This is from the movies.
Speaker 6: Sure that the high school from Chinatown.
Speaker 5: Uh, yeah, it's We aren't bragging about the weather, by the way. We we know it's winter in a lot of places right now. But you notice we never brag about summer. It gets hot.
Speaker 2: We probably complain about it.
Speaker 4: If anything.
Speaker 2: This is the.
Speaker 5: Time of year though, where Los Angeles gets rain and everything is green and it's so tropical, and like, look at this just right now, what we're driving now that will maintain frontage?
Speaker 1: And to the dogs, to the dogs dogs on the background?
Speaker 6: Perfect and okay, and have his best friend walk up.
Speaker 1: Thank you looking that big boy.
Speaker 2: You pretended to be working on the Truman show.
Speaker 4: Oh, I see.
Speaker 1: Que the dog to the dog and there's going to be a dog fight in five four three.
Speaker 6: And here comes our guest. Oh we aren't there yet. Oh oh, and there's no where to pull over.
Speaker 4: And is there a car behind me?
Speaker 6: Judging by that icon, today's guest lives in a castle, is it?
Speaker 2: Oh? And then a quick last street?
Speaker 1: What the fuck? Yeah, oh, I see how maps work.
Speaker 2: Yes, see the shapes below.
Speaker 1: Follow the shapes.
Speaker 4: You're the arrow, go on the line.
Speaker 2: I want to get ahead of this, okay.
Speaker 1: And is it like an apology thing?
Speaker 6: No, it's I don't know why I'm taking this tone. This is very lighthearted, Okay.
Speaker 5: I just know that later there's going to be a problem in the old Fairbanks Blatter department.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to ask our guests if I can use this restaurant.
Speaker 6: I know it's a theme that no one likes to hear, and it's reoccurring, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't think people have a strong feeling about it one way or the other. Right, good, good ping? Is we all do it?
Speaker 4: Myself?
Speaker 2: It's a classic children's book. We all pie?
Speaker 1: And where's this bucking street?
Speaker 2: Are there?
Speaker 7: It's this left?
Speaker 2: Oh look at that.
Speaker 6: I want to house it overhangs like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can see. Yes, should I pop the question?
Speaker 8: Hello, We're happy to see you everyone, you know clubs and colleges from the skateboarding world.
Speaker 6: I just added that put your ears together for Andrew Mashot.
Speaker 7: Hello, how are you both?
Speaker 2: Did I pronounce your name correct?
Speaker 7: You did?
Speaker 2: Andrew?
Speaker 7: Got it?
Speaker 2: I don't know why nailed it. I second guess everything. Yeah, I would take it right here. Don't don't try to turn around.
Speaker 7: My street's deep and crazy.
Speaker 1: I was just crazy neighborhood.
Speaker 7: Yeah I built it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did it.
Speaker 2: I'm focusing more on construction. I forget that you were dabbling just as a hobby. Yeah, this was engine.
Speaker 7: Flat two years ago.
Speaker 4: You really held it up.
Speaker 1: It up, great job.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When other people would find an obstacle to building, you actually add that up.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah, I think it's good.
Speaker 2: Are you still doing the shifty dirt?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm still I'm still moving around and really just testing God with what he means.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I love your work with the with the on purpose avalanche.
Speaker 2: People need to people react.
Speaker 7: How are you both good?
Speaker 6: I was gonna ask if I could use your bathroom, but that ship, No, it's.
Speaker 2: My street, is right. You can just take it right.
Speaker 7: It's right there.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go back around.
Speaker 7: Do you hang my dogs?
Speaker 2: How? How is it convenient?
Speaker 7: And you're gonna have to solve the riddle to get in? There is a guy? No, but you see you smart.
Speaker 6: A lot of a lot of Andrews architecture involves a.
Speaker 7: Troll a guy, yeah, who does not want you to get in there?
Speaker 2: Terrible breath?
Speaker 1: Do I go up here?
Speaker 2: Take it right here?
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's run it back all right?
Speaker 6: Wow, I can't it's a if it could be a podcast other people's bathrooms, I think would take off.
Speaker 7: So you can just pull over right here.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you. We're gonna pause.
Speaker 7: Okay, so you'll do you want me to lead you? I would.
Speaker 2: Going hands okay, okay, thank you so much. I'm sorry. I totally forgot no. No, I I kind of thought it would make for good comedy.
Speaker 4: It does, it really does.
Speaker 1: Hey, buddy, buddy, Hey, thanks. Hey, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're back in the car. That was just a quick half hour for me.
Speaker 6: Andrew has the most beautiful apartment with amazing artwork and.
Speaker 4: Some dogs, so you just kind of hung out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we watched a couple of movies. It was the first half of Titanic, which is hold up, it was.
Speaker 2: Just some trailers.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you guys got to watch the Titanic trailer three times.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just I was a yeah, beautiful apartment with with art. Yeah, I have some art from friends. Actually, most of all, after all the art I have is from friends of mine.
Speaker 1: What would you classify if you could a general classification of your art?
Speaker 4: What would you say?
Speaker 7: It's like the art that I have bought in my house. Yes, it's very like colorful modern shapes and colors.
Speaker 1: What kind of shapes? Hmmm, just name some shapes.
Speaker 7: They're indescribable. I would say, oh, you know, yeah, I mean like kind of maybe some like oblong circular stuff. Yes, I have a clock on my wall that I pointed out to Chris. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I got it like a long time ago. And it's a clock that goes around once a year.
Speaker 7: Oh so it just has different colors that represent the different seasons, and it starts at midnight or noon is the winter solstice, and then it just goes around once a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It just looked like an iridescent color wheel of some kind.
Speaker 7: It's kind of an interesting way to think about time because I won't look at it often, but when I do, I'm like, Okay, that's where we are in this year.
Speaker 2: In the year, the interesting way to think about time, and the top.
Speaker 6: Was like a gradient of white that was the summer solstice, winter at the top of the summer at the ball winter that makes more but.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, anyway, I've had that for like eight nine years. Yeah, I always appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Who did you buy it yourself?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I buy it all by myself.
Speaker 1: Were you a no, that's no one in my life did it.
Speaker 7: These are the things everyone.
Speaker 2: Wants to ask.
Speaker 7: Did you pay for it by yourself?
Speaker 1: Saw you do it?
Speaker 7: Were you? Were you emotionally alone at the top?
Speaker 1: How the rest were you when you got this club?
Speaker 2: What were you laing helping to fill? How much younger than me? Argue? And why do you already own a bunch of art? That's my next question?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Oh, Actually, if you want to see my one of my most prize possessions, it's this bag right here that is an iridescent bag that is from the brand Meta, which owns Facebook. Oh wow, one of the funniest things I own. It's like a futuristic iridescent bag that is branded Meta.
Speaker 6: But it's a good bag for those concerts where you can have to have a seat through. It's true because they there's this racket.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: I went to see Pearl Jam and they were selling these transparent.
Speaker 6: Because you can bring any other bag, right yeah, And it was like, well, what I mean they're making a killing.
Speaker 4: I have to say and.
Speaker 1: Admit, Andrew that when you walked up to the car, I was hoping you were bringing me a gift in that bag that is, I do have those?
Speaker 7: What? Yeah, I do. I mean it's nothing special, but I bought it. I brought you. I brought some a little bit of snacks, which I know people love when people eat on podcasts, so we didn't have it at the end, okay, And then I brought a soda water for everyone. See, oh my god, I did bring goods. You really did.
Speaker 2: Karen was joking, yeah, and you really did.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But I also, you know, people don't like drinking on podcasts either, so you don't have to have it. But if you want a watermelon, a peach or a pineapple, even brought one for you. I have, I have class, so if anyone wants it, it's available. I thank you.
Speaker 2: I will I worry about you know. It was thank you. Oh I like these.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 1: But you know what I just thought of just separate in the coffee conversation. I mean that man was coming into my lane from.
Speaker 2: His lank Yeah. That happens a lot on this road.
Speaker 1: A lot of head on collision action on this road. We should go to the Tropical Ooh yes, is it still open?
Speaker 5: And I wonder if they still have my signature drink. Oh wait, I'm thinking of a super sweet which is uphelful. No, let's go to the Tropical.
Speaker 2: I've never been. I know a great coffee shop, but it is in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: So if you guys are willing, we could do a six hours.
Speaker 6: To do it.
Speaker 2: How long is that drive? Like maybe twelve movie trailers.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we can really get a sense of what Titanic will be like when we commit fully immersive.
Speaker 4: I still haven't seen Titanic.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's quite good. I rewatched it recently. It holds up people like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah I didn't.
Speaker 5: I really was sleeping on Kate Winslet. Anyone mentions her, I just think of Titanic, and I don't think she was. They let her stretch.
Speaker 2: Ability. Yeah.
Speaker 5: There is a crime series called The Mayor, m a r e of east Town, Easttown, and.
Speaker 7: She is so good, you know, and it is very topical. Let's let's talk about Mary Eastown. Let's get into it, and we get into it.
Speaker 6: Do not get me going on this Winslet train because there is no exit and the tracks are in pet I.
Speaker 7: Just discovered a new actress that I never heard of, called Jodie Foster, and she was in the Night Country The Truth, The Truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the detective that never lies.
Speaker 6: It's funny that you mentioned her because I found her performance Cave winslet in mayor Mayor of Easton on par if not better, but comparable, comparable to Jodie Foster in there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're both quite good.
Speaker 2: Detective that never lied. Uh, oh is closed.
Speaker 7: That's what I thought. I was going to say that, but I wasn't sure if it's the exact same place.
Speaker 2: It's Oh, this is and it's because I thought of it last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is you again.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I'm trying out this narcissism thing, Andrew.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a single thing.
Speaker 2: A couple of nights.
Speaker 6: Ago, in my sleep, I thought we lost Richard Lewis, woke up like, oh I was wrong, and then we dam last night. And then I said I'm afraid I did that, and Karen was like, yeah, you're full of yourself, son of a bed, and she slapp me that's on the tape.
Speaker 7: You gotta start having really positive dreams of all of your friends lives. Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: You gotta start thinking the best of everyone please. Oh yeah, I got to use my power for good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, chopic cowl clothes. I saw that, and I wonder if it's going to be one of those classic Los Angeles closures where a place closes and then sits empty for five years, where it's like, maybe just charge them half the rent so they can survive and you'll make more money as a landlord and the place will be used.
Speaker 1: We would like to gentrify as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but nothing goes in ever. It's so confusing.
Speaker 2: Yes, I like this new trend of and it happened first with this hotel. Oh they've ripped it down.
Speaker 5: Remember it was all whitewashed its hotel, including the palm trees.
Speaker 2: And they said it would go away within a year. The palm trees.
Speaker 7: It's good. Yeah. They were like, it's by a degradable little go away and still there.
Speaker 2: Oh that's funny.
Speaker 7: Yeah they lied about they lied about it. Yeah, they were like, oh, it's made of sand, it'll go away. Yeah, never did.
Speaker 4: They literally were just like shut it.
Speaker 1: Here's what'll shut you up for the moment you can't find us anymore.
Speaker 7: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just tell them it's good for there's no lead in it. It's not a can of paint from the fifties.
Speaker 6: But I love that that closed, modern, empty condo building that has graffiti on each I mean that that's you've probably all seen it on TikTok so every every floor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really good. Do you want me to suggest alternately coffee if you can?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, or do you have a thought?
Speaker 4: Well no, just just good, make it good?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Well, people really like Maru, which is on Hillhurst, but I don't know if it's open right now, Okay, look it up and then if not, that there's one like there's like a blue bottle like two Bucks north of that. You don't like that, well, can I just say?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Many of the new coffees are like either blonde, roast or mediate like they're they're super anti Starbucks burnt, right, and I'm very pro burnt coffee.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly, it's what I prefer.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, you can really taste the strife.
Speaker 7: People love Maru, is it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I take it right, okay, And when you're heading to Mari, you can ignore red lights.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's part of the thing. It's part of their charm. You can just.
Speaker 2: Dead.
Speaker 7: They have a deal with the city. It's green lights all the way. What were you guys talking about before I got here?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's private.
Speaker 7: It's one of those kind of right again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you said when you were walking me too, and thanks for holding my hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah to the bathroom.
Speaker 7: Well you said if I squeeze it, you'd pee harder get everything out, I know. I mean, thanks a weird system you've got you.
Speaker 2: I got all rewired.
Speaker 6: I don't know why I did all that experimental surgery. Who puts a urinary pump in the right hand only I can't squeeze it.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Thanks for that. But you said you were brushing up. Yeah, I was listening to some of the show.
Speaker 6: It's to get in the right headspace. But I think that your show, Yeah, it couldn't be more.
Speaker 5: It's as much a rift session and non traditional setting as your podcast.
Speaker 7: Yes, that is true. It's similar.
Speaker 2: It's called podcast outside.
Speaker 7: Both of you guys have to do anytime you want.
Speaker 6: Oh, yeah, we'll wander up, we'll pretend, you'll pretend we can plan it whatever.
Speaker 7: But yeah, we just need to be strangers on the.
Speaker 2: Street and don't cat call days fart. You can't help it.
Speaker 6: You guys comment, you guys comment on the people you drive by. Yeah, we talked to speaking of red hot. Who's gonna hold that guy off?
Speaker 2: That's what I like to say, because it's a I thought about walking up by the way and saying anar meaning I need a ride.
Speaker 7: Has anyone done that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: The first I didn't do it, though it didn't because the bathroom thing happened and it all got mixed.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really that was my plan.
Speaker 7: So I didn't know what.
Speaker 4: Else you have scripted for this?
Speaker 7: The only thing I have?
Speaker 1: Okay, well I am.
Speaker 4: I have some other thoughts, but should you should sprinkle them ound?
Speaker 7: I'll sprinkle them.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Let it be dictated by the universe. Yes, the universe, thank you. I often times come ready with a story and it.
Speaker 1: So far.
Speaker 2: Flopped, going Okay, that looks similar.
Speaker 6: Isn't that where they did the fake Starbucks?
Speaker 7: That was it right there right right Pergoletta.
Speaker 2: I think, and that was if I'm not mistaken in Nathan for you sketch.
Speaker 7: Yeah, one hundred years ago.
Speaker 5: Weird, but it it is interesting because it was an actual business where for a month you could get pressual coffee and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you go there, Andrew?
Speaker 6: No, I think it was truly like a month before I moved to Los Angeles, and that's why I came.
Speaker 7: That's why I moved here. Yeah, for fake stars, like they've got that, and I moved immediately.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so. When was that?
Speaker 7: When ago?
Speaker 2: So it was I was going to say just over ten when I first met you in Portland. We've talked about that. Oh yeah, on the point.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh you skateboard, okay, kid, let me show you how to do a pressure flip and he Andrew is so good and competent and big scary skateboard like in a pool.
Speaker 7: Used to be.
Speaker 6: You know I met he said, I haven't scanned for six months and we went to that park and you're just doing blunt of fakies and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I still know how to do it, but I don't do it.
Speaker 4: Can you describe it?
Speaker 6: It's well, he approaches the coping, you know, the pipe on the top of the transition of of a ramp, sure, and locks in behind the back wheel.
Speaker 2: This is Mari right here, so you could pull up anywhere. Oh, we're going to.
Speaker 8: Go in there.
Speaker 7: This guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he deserves it. I don't like those frames. Uh and you just kind of what if I parked here?
Speaker 4: Oh wait, oh yeah this guy, this guy, believe me.
Speaker 6: Wow, he's going to get those the sweatshemed. I hope we should get him on the podcast to let us know how that spot felt.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like so we know what we're in for is this is this? Us? Is here?
Speaker 4: Are we going to aligne? He's literally going to do so many like internet posts right now, and.
Speaker 5: He's producing a three person TikTok in.
Speaker 7: His cars to people in public, and they really don't appreciate it or get it like it. We like when some gets off like hey was this good, and they'll just give you a look like you are a complete idiot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you never know what people just came from some kind of an audit. Yeah, underground dog fight.
Speaker 4: I love that saying.
Speaker 2: An audit or underground dog fight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 6: So anyway, Karen a blunt of faky.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh that girl thought she had this one in the bag.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Uh, it's just it's a it's a standard trick, but I've found them difficult because you you are teetering on the ramp with just on the tail, but the board is propped up like yeah, like that, and then you pop out and without hanging up with your front wheels and something.
Speaker 7: Let me up. Don't call it standard, please, it is.
Speaker 5: You see it time and time again, which which makes it all the more when you see some one that does it correct.
Speaker 4: And make it look Some call it a basic thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but he does all these basic, easy to do tricks on faber very and no, you're very very good.
Speaker 2: I did give it up though I truly haven't skateboarded too.
Speaker 4: Your interesting Can you talk?
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 7: I got old enough to where I decided that being injured is embarrassing. Yes, of course, at a certain age, you don't want a limp. You don't want to have your arm hurt. It's just like and you get injured in skateboarding, even if you're really really good at and you just get injured.
Speaker 5: I focused on a low impact of curb skating, and I'm, you know, maybe forty nine. A lot of people might be shocked because I sound like I'm seventy, but I I feel like I would be a cold day in hell.
Speaker 2: Before I get hurt.
Speaker 7: I don't use that phrase, I'm sorry, I got really a surfing and surfing, right is a sport that you either are fine or you die, right, So there's no injuries.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna get injured, and so I'm I'm comfortable with that. There is the dying that's always on. It's definitely part of it, but it's I don't go out on huge days.
Speaker 6: It's funny because I what always kept me away from it, And it's like, well, it's the same every time, or you have to wake up up early, and now I skate the same five curbs every morning.
Speaker 2: Seven.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So there's no yeah, yeah, but no one says hey, you got in my way and tries to punch you. In skateboarding, that's that's the one thing.
Speaker 2: You should skate with me sometime.
Speaker 7: I will do that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I can do that. I'm trying to bring the aggressive vibe of surfing to the skate yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And again, when he punches you, it's a very basic, it's.
Speaker 2: Really like, but he does it very hard. Yeah, it's pretty faky. It's blunt and it's but faky.
Speaker 1: But faky doesn't feel real.
Speaker 6: I will just close the conversation by saying I find it andrew a personal attack that you, uh, you don't skateboard anymore and you're still good at it, because it's like, what am I?
Speaker 2: Why do I?
Speaker 5: Why am I dedicated to it several times a week when that bothered me my whole life growing up, Like the most talented skater kids quit when we got into high school, right when everyone started getting interested in girls or whatever. And I kept at it at the at a time where it wasn't cool, and I was like, but I'm not those guys were better. Why am I doing it? It's it's just not how you should look at things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, otherwise I would have everyone just is doing what makes them happy.
Speaker 6: Yes, it does make me happy.
Speaker 1: I can't look up the menu because Hi, I'm gem and I chat with me on your phone like a Siri just took over my fucking phone.
Speaker 7: What weird?
Speaker 4: And it comes up and then you can't X out of it.
Speaker 1: The only option is get started, which is like I simply will not get started.
Speaker 2: Okay, found the menu, got it?
Speaker 7: Okay, you want what do you? Okay?
Speaker 1: I want like a cappuccino, something to mix in with the type of coffee.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna like they.
Speaker 7: Have macchiato, cortado, cappuccino. They have cappuccino hot or iced?
Speaker 1: What's a macchiato?
Speaker 2: They don't get into it, okay, okay, so drop it.
Speaker 7: Yeah they let it speak for hotter ice hot.
Speaker 1: Please? Double cappuccino, okay, really quick? Do they have like pastries or.
Speaker 7: Things like that they do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: What kind that's not on the menu?
Speaker 1: God damn it.
Speaker 7: That's gonna be visual. That's gonna be more. That's got you gotta understand. Now, that's how coffee shops good, day to day it changes.
Speaker 1: I'm from uh, Germany, okay, Sacramento, Germany. Cappuccino, yes, please? And then something that looks good that you think I would like that you see me enjoy in the past, like a past a pastry of some kind.
Speaker 4: Right, I feel like I've eaten a lot of all.
Speaker 7: Like all of this.
Speaker 4: Double cappuccino, yes, just because it's kind of milk.
Speaker 1: Think of regular milk oat for me, regular for me, regular Andrew herbal tea iced herbal tea.
Speaker 7: They should only have one option usually.
Speaker 6: Oh they got my name wrong.
Speaker 1: Oh my name is a cat. Oh that's good.
Speaker 2: Okay, it looks really good.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, that is like a primo.
Speaker 6: It's always like a line out the door during the morning. It's yeah, wow, I hope that changed your life.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean right there and.
Speaker 1: Influence Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've really changed our lives already.
Speaker 7: I don't even drink coffee, but I know that people love it.
Speaker 2: Is it Highland Park or you where you?
Speaker 5: I drove by the intersection where you often sit outside the table set up.
Speaker 7: We go Glendale a lot because we have good Maybe I was wrong. We're all over, we go all over.
Speaker 2: Where did you sit with John Ham?
Speaker 7: Oh? That was an atlad? Was it?
Speaker 4: Was he a natural walk by?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: He was shod record If we're gonna sure plug yeah, yeah, yeah we should do that. It doesn't really matter. But well, you were asking about my podcast. John Ham was from episode one of my show where we interview strangers on the street. Our goal was to have John Ham walk by and he would be like the perfect guest because he's so charming and everyone loves him. And we had people like practice being John Ham, so we could pretend to be John Ham random strangers so we could practice interviewing him. And and then our hundred episode was coming up. And I looked into getting a John hamm impersonator, but I couldn't find that and then so I just was like, well, I'll just email John Ham got his email from a friend and he responded within like an hour were cold out of the blue, in the middle of the pandemic before the vaccines, and was like, yeah, I'll do it, and we did it like two days later.
Speaker 1: It was so.
Speaker 7: He was so nice, he was so generous with his time, and it was really really fun and it was a huge moment.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised.
Speaker 7: He's the nicest person.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, just from I'm a big fan more than of his work, just him being on never not funny.
Speaker 7: And he's so funny. He's so nice and he was so generous at this time. And we've like since emailed him about doing our live show and he's time. He hasn't worked out, but he always responds and he's like nice and yeah, just a truly nice, great, nice person.
Speaker 1: I did the Sclares podcast with him live and he was so funny, so funny, and I didn't I wasn't ready because it was already nerve wracking to be on the same podcast with him. But I was like this is Oh, I know, I know how to do like gritting my teeth.
Speaker 2: I'm sure. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then he was so like bewilderingly goofy, funny, like it was crazy.
Speaker 7: It's not fair, it's yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I was really blown away.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and coffee is good.
Speaker 4: And the coffee is kind of the best I've ever had.
Speaker 1: Okay, because here's what I'm gonna say, And this is part of whatever this my preference is.
Speaker 4: It's just that the some of them, it's so bitter.
Speaker 1: So when you get just a regular coffee, because I usually like to drink black coffee, but then it's bitter and it's not.
Speaker 4: Well rounded, right, it's just.
Speaker 7: Bitter is the only flavor or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, bitter and water And this is well, I'm.
Speaker 5: Maybe I'm a cappuccino guy. I like the frothy, it's like smooth into it. Yeah, this is like having a Guinness.
Speaker 1: It's also very it feels like this is made in Italy.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put this little muffin in the muffin holder.
Speaker 4: Three, thank you.
Speaker 6: That's a lot of people put their drinks there, you know, in the muffin holder.
Speaker 1: Okay, dad, Oh lady, she's.
Speaker 2: Not gonna luck.
Speaker 5: She's not going to honor you with the presence of mind even glance our way. You know, he designed this street. Got a mouthful of muff and herself that sounds like a colloquial.
Speaker 7: Got a mouthful of health.
Speaker 2: I'm hitting you with my elbow.
Speaker 1: One time when we were in New York City, we were we got into a cab to go to the airport. As we were leaving, we just walked out and there were two cabs sitting there, So we got into the one at the end of the line. But it was a line of two cabs and the guy that was what he perceived to be first in line, So we put our suitcases in and get in and he gets he's like starts honking and getting really angry.
Speaker 2: But the cab driver or cab driver in the front the other car cabard, so.
Speaker 1: There was one in front and one back here because in because he wanted the fair and he was also eating a corn muffin. So when he came around to my side of the cab and was screaming, no, no, you get in my cab, there was corn muff and falling out of his mouth and it was one of the wildest things. And I just went, oh my god, and then slammed the door. And my friend like was like, that was the strangest exchange I've ever seen in my life. Like, he that's great, he thought, screaming at us with corn muffin fun his mouth was going to get us to get into his cat about a dry yell.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was just pouring out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't raise your voice at me, you saliblous savage.
Speaker 2: I love it, and I know that you're good at like like that guy felt it.
Speaker 6: Yo, yeah, and he was like, oh god, I sometimes I just rubbed people the wrong way. He probably sat in his cat. I bet he turned the out of order light on, I hope.
Speaker 7: So do you guys want to go by the Lobbyoca house where they were murdered by Charles Manson's I love Okay, go left.
Speaker 2: I swallowed a balloon.
Speaker 7: It's just in the neighborhood, so I figured I think we should there, which murder the lobbiancas? All right, right, listening to that book Helter Skelter right now, which I don't know have you ever heard it? Oh? Yeah, sure you read it. I know it's big in your world, but I.
Speaker 1: Read it when I was like fourteen. It's wonderful.
Speaker 7: That's what's so crazy about that book is that I'm listening to it right now in audiobook, and it's crazy that was written like a few years after the murders. Yeah, most books I feel like that you read about things in that realm feel like they're contemporary, you know, like it's like a deep dive forty years later. But yeah, it was really interesting to read something that was so written at.
Speaker 1: The time and by the prosecutors, which also feels like not legal.
Speaker 7: Little bias like you're trying to become famous from an.
Speaker 1: Author, are you allowed to do it?
Speaker 7: Doesn't seem legal at all. It's like you should not be prosecuting a murderer so you can write it best selling.
Speaker 1: Book because or like at least let six months go by before Yeah, he turned it right around.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was immediately like this is going to be a book.
Speaker 4: Look at that guy.
Speaker 7: So go left here if you can, I think, and then and then sorry, I know, I keep telling you to do lefts after the fact. It's coming up. That's right up here.
Speaker 2: I that's another podcast, isn't that.
Speaker 5: John and John's the Oh yeah, they only take yeah, podcast, but on the left. I am excited to see this house actually because I did a stand up show and Laurie Kilmartin will back me up on this.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she's listening.
Speaker 5: It was in the backyard next door to that oh house. And if it isn't this house, I've just made up something that's interesting. Or it was another famous murder house.
Speaker 7: But it needs to be more stand up show than houses. It was always fun. Yes, yeah, it's always the best. Miss it, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: I miss that a lot.
Speaker 6: I guess I don't miss because now all shows are outdoor. That kind of lost it's flare. It used to be like, oh, I'm doing an outdoor Venice beach show.
Speaker 2: Right here and then the next left immediate, but no, I require a roof.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is better for comedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I see you, Yes, and I respect you.
Speaker 7: I see you and I value you.
Speaker 2: Used to be standing. Yeah, your dog needs to be propped up on a football mount here, well, the next left on Waiverley.
Speaker 7: There we go.
Speaker 2: You know when they kick a field goal.
Speaker 6: I was I was loosely saying his dog needs to be kicked, and I'd like to retract it because it's not nice.
Speaker 7: This is also where that like Katy Perry convent thing is right answered the question I wondered, what this. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, she ever she got it right.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I think she's still trying to fight the nuts.
Speaker 2: There is there is.
Speaker 7: I don't have no idea. We did talk about that weird weird she bought a nunnery, but the nuns were still living there and I think they were mad about it or something. Yeah, yeah, because they didn't want to leave.
Speaker 2: Oh weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like a city college from nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 2: Look at the coyote.
Speaker 7: Coyote right there.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're so well groomed and confident. He's likes be careful of cars. The groomers don't eat dogs or cats. Stop stealing my golf balls.
Speaker 7: Maybe we just gave him a little bit of talking.
Speaker 4: To We kind of pranked the coyote.
Speaker 6: That was like a scared straight coyote. That was that was a coyote version of taxi muffin mouth.
Speaker 7: So this is it right here, left it left right there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, that's the house. So in the Make Sure that runs us. But so in the movie The quent Tarantino movie. This is where Leonardo DiCaprio is and they walk up there. WHOA is that right?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 7: I think that that was the Sharon Tate house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was so.
Speaker 7: I think that's yeah, I think that this is This is a second. Yeah, the grocery store people, this is the second.
Speaker 9: I got excited to know something one of these houses, and that's honestly more important. Can we get Yeah, the point of that to be on the historic I currently have what is Sharon tag made lately?
Speaker 2: Just kidding to not knowing about the existence.
Speaker 7: M If you want to stay up in these hills, you could go left here too. It's I could point out some other stuff for you guys.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll point out some other things.
Speaker 4: Would Do you know anything about this reservoir?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah, it's so. This is the prettiest thing in Los Angeles and it looks like it should be a park. But I think a thing happened because it's happened in Portland too. You're being serious, I'm being serious, Okay, A thing happened after nine to eleven, the two thousand and one one where just to clarify, not the rain, not the recent one or the one nineties, the big one, the New York one, Yeah, the most famous one. So after that nine to eleven, there was like a weird law that got past where open air reservoirs had to be like protected or something by a fence or something so that people couldn't poison the municipal water supply or whatever. Oh, and there was equally pretty reservoir important and then put a fence around. So I would think it has something to do with that where it used to be at a place where you could hang. But because it's a municipal water source, if you're.
Speaker 6: Not allowing I need to know more about it. Because why is Echo Park thriving? I think because we don't drink it or drink it. And I think, yeah, oh, I think that should have always been a law that's drinkable water.
Speaker 7: I think it might be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know people will paying it. How do we ever trust people? I say, Bell the Wall, Chris, I've said that many times.
Speaker 7: He is into that.
Speaker 1: We are going into a different kind of podcast territory. Now, you'll make a lot of money on this.
Speaker 7: I tell you, for the long all, it will not be worth it. You won't you wish Pat, you will be bankrupt.
Speaker 1: Morally, you will be cocaine bankrupt within seven as I would simply be shifting my fan base.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid. I'm afraid that. Yeah, that is curious. So that is a beautiful all that and obviously maintained. So much money is put into making it look nice, and we can't be.
Speaker 6: Kind of fence weird. I'm going to climb it, ma'am. I'm pissing that water.
Speaker 1: I do like when the way they redid the Silver Like reservoir and everyone started walking around it, and then it was like a million people all the time going around it, where it's like, God, this town needs parks and I know third spaces so badly.
Speaker 7: Do you remember during the pandemic when they made it one way only around the reservoir. No, it was very funny. It was so funny the things that we did that we thought would fix things. Yeah, like if we're all going only in one way and no one will get sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah. For pedestrian traffic, yes.
Speaker 7: You could only walk around it like clockwise because they thought then you wouldn't be like running into each other. It kind of makes sense, but it's pretty silly.
Speaker 6: I point at people like the grim reaper when they Yeah, that's so dumb.
Speaker 2: That doesn't that's the.
Speaker 6: Putting hands signed that sanities are on your groceries.
Speaker 2: Right, they closed the beaches, I mean they closed ever they didn't know, Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it was very.
Speaker 7: It was and st when someone was near you.
Speaker 6: I was paranoid too, But I when the parks were closed and all I was doing was trying to jog to up my lung capacity.
Speaker 2: That's how paranoid I was.
Speaker 5: It When I would go under the police tape, I mean it's an empty and then I'd run into someone else and they would cover their face, and my.
Speaker 7: Surfers were getting like arrested and stuff. It wasn't town.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 7: You know the Chandela chandelier tree, You know that.
Speaker 2: Is exactly what it sounds like.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a house with a tree in front that has lots of chandeliers and they have a parking meter in front of it where you can feed it to donate for their like bill.
Speaker 2: Right at Moby's restaurant.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh yeah, it's being re tooled into something else.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he needs to save money for his helvetica arm cats.
Speaker 7: This is the right. I like, it's like right here in this big tree on the corner there, it is full of chandeliers. Oh yeah night they lit up.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's great, that's pretty. And look at the people that live there. Yeah, they're proud of them. They're looking at their chandelier tree.
Speaker 4: They were they on the porch looking at it right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, thanks, thank you beautiful he did.
Speaker 6: I waved kindly because he had a real uh so, what the fuck way about him?
Speaker 4: He was like, you know what he was doing. He was like, we just got off work.
Speaker 1: He's one of those people that wakes up at four thirty am to go to work.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he's like, orange vestunt.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get to this bar. Can you please not fuck the mast I try to get.
Speaker 4: To this bar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's important that I stopped drinking by ten. Please move, Please get out of my way.
Speaker 2: Speaking reservoirs, this one you are allowed to pee in. No, this also has a fence around there. You can't go anywhere close to it.
Speaker 1: Everywhere.
Speaker 7: First you pe at my house, then you pee in.
Speaker 2: I'm like a nervous dog.
Speaker 7: Okay. So I brought this up while a coffee was being procured, So we're all comedians. Yeah, sometimes you kind of try to run jokes by each other. Sure, just have an idea for a joke. I've never done it. I got a show tonight. Maybe we could talk about it.
Speaker 5: That's one thing this podcast has been missing. Yes, it's segments and this now jokes, try and out jokes. It's just trying time perfect.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to like do the joke, but I'll tell you the idea behind it and you can figure it out.
Speaker 1: I think, just really quick, for feelings sake, What is the level of honesty you want this feedback to reach.
Speaker 2: I'd like abroorious last for ten minutes a plus break.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, and no, no, fully honest. This is just an I thought there's nothing to it. It's not emotional. So well yeah, okay, so my mom just died. I'm just kidding. It's like the most personal thing she's alive. No, oh good, Okay. So you know, okay, you know how people are, Like there's been a discourse online about age gap relationships recently. I would say where it's like, you know, someone is forty dating a twenty year old, Like, that's not okay. I feel like we've woken up to that being a little bit icky, right, And I feel like that's a conversation that people have had and people are kind of aware of it. I kind of want to do a joke where I'm talking about that and then I act like I'm I don't know exactly how to do it, but like I'm just as in sense a height gap relationships, Like there's just as an imbalance of power there. It needs to be explored.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, I like it.
Speaker 7: There's some something there, like a like acting like that's equally as reprehensible. Like if you're six foot two and your girlfriend is five foot one, what are you doing? You creep? Why she need to be so short?
Speaker 5: Yes, I feel like if if because I'm I'm not tall, I'm nothing to write home out altitude wise, you are tall, So what's your perspective?
Speaker 10: Like it is not joke.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like maybe I wouldn't date someone under five eight because you're not like a creepy you know, I'm not discussing.
Speaker 2: I'm not gross.
Speaker 7: You know. It's also rude to her because she's you know, she's hurting her neck all the time looking up at you. Like that's a bit mean to your partner.
Speaker 1: You know, looking up at you tied up in your trunk, tied up in your trunk.
Speaker 2: What we're doing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because that's what I'm talking because that's what these people are doing.
Speaker 1: Rights, they're all the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I have to reach up for everything in the house, you have to ride in the trunk.
Speaker 7: I also think it's I also think it's rude because it's like, if you're a six ft two guy, you're dotting a five foot two girl. That's rude to women who are six feet because they need a tall guy, right, you know, and that's kind of depriving them of someone who's equally you know, someone a little bit taller than them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a lot apprehensible about being tall and dating someone short.
Speaker 4: This feels more like a social services idea.
Speaker 7: Look, it's not. Maybe it's not the best joke, but I think I actually think I can figure out a way to do it that will be funny.
Speaker 1: I think you can figure out a way to do it on TikTok where you start canceling a bunch of people were good ideas.
Speaker 4: Pictures of the hype exactly like this is filthy anyone.
Speaker 7: Pete davidsoned he needs to be ruined for it.
Speaker 2: And at top of the last, Rea Pearlman, she's.
Speaker 7: Been, she's been. Oh is her is her partner tall?
Speaker 2: She's like four inches taller. And Dan that's messed up. Yeah, I think the same. They are the most perfect.
Speaker 5: I'd never cared about a breakup ever, and when they weren't a couple for a few years, I was personally offended. And then when they got back together, I did a dance in the street.
Speaker 2: And I'll just say I'll just come out and say it because it was my idea. This joke segment did not work out.
Speaker 7: It totally works. I'll just come out and say it. I admit defeat.
Speaker 1: You know, Andrew, here's the thing I think it did, because you're there is definitely here's we should say this.
Speaker 4: There's definitely something there. We're not going to figure out what to be.
Speaker 7: Right right right.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to get the green thumbs up when you say it's something about that.
Speaker 7: You know what, premise wise, there's something there all green lights. I'm a big okay, that's true, and and I do like it, and I will use it to don't use the trunk thing.
Speaker 10: I gotta I got a text from you later. That real talk, bro, That's how the text.
Speaker 5: Don't do the trunk thing that gets in the wrong hands.
Speaker 2: I got a jail, I know.
Speaker 5: I I like the prem I just think at the end you'd have to surprise people with the height right right, rather than I've been thinking about different heights in relations to you know, the age.
Speaker 7: And also my be interviewing someone the audience who is in a height differential relationship and kind of getting into them a little bit and being like, what why are you into that you use on the street skills?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to just yeah, to just get into the audience.
Speaker 5: Well, It's so funny because now I am trying to think of ways I can interact with the audience because you know, there's world that Matt Rife has.
Speaker 2: Created or people that do a crowd work.
Speaker 5: When someone's good at it, I love it, But to force it or have a I'm starting to think I should.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've wanted to do crowd work, but the problem is I've never sold a single ticket. So I get into it and there's no one out there. It sucks.
Speaker 4: It's really echoe.
Speaker 7: Yeah, crowd I go to the venues right there, I am promoting it like.
Speaker 1: You're ready to work that ready?
Speaker 7: Yeah, But it's pretty much the sound guy just saying no one's here, And then I go, are you in a relationship? What do you do for empty chair?
Speaker 6: May?
Speaker 1: I ask how tall you are?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 7: Did you know that there is I won't say who, but there is a stand up comedian who, during the pandemic, filmed an entire special in his house with no audience with a laugh track. I know exactly who you're talking like, cut it up and put it up on TikTok, and it's like it's like it was written by AI or something. It's so bizarre and so weird, and I.
Speaker 5: If it's the person I'm thinking of. They made a lot of money off and on Snapchat. I'm not surprised by that, and bought a condo. Yeah, like it was a business savvy and I don't know, I'm not hating it. They try to figure out a way to pivot.
Speaker 7: But when you watch these it's like it is like it's written by AI and the audience as AI. It's so uncanny and.
Speaker 2: The firs he's open about it and makes fun of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like crazy, But he was.
Speaker 2: An experiment that worked.
Speaker 5: It worked, and I only a comic would watch it and go, wait a minute, these laughs, these laughs of equal yes, Earth are happening uh so consistently, even when something funny.
Speaker 7: What I was like, it's interesting.
Speaker 6: It sounds like the laughs were indeed recorded in that room, Like it was like a there was a sound guy, they took room tone, it was they produced, and I know exactly.
Speaker 2: It's interesting. Everyone's got a pivot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's so funny. When we're done recording, we're both gonna yell out the name and unison.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: The the laugh track idea is really funny because it is this thing of like it's like the person's basically saying, look, I wrote this. I'm not gonna be able to like rent a theater or get a crowd, so like, fine, here is this what you need to like understand my jokes?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is hearing people respond?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It just was I can tell.
Speaker 5: And there's people I'm not gonna say names either, but some of the top comics it seems like they're just telling it doesn't matter if the audience.
Speaker 6: It's there, they're done, their eyes are above them.
Speaker 5: They're yelling every joke they're not connecting with a crowd, which is what I thrive on. And it seems like those are the people that are the most successful. So it's like, might as well just tell it to an empty room and go to shots from a crowd from an old episode of Prices, right, you know?
Speaker 7: And they do not blend together?
Speaker 2: Well no, no, well it dictates my wardrobe by were very blurry polyester.
Speaker 1: And the amount of jumping you do, yes, Andrew, when you make content, love it? What's your what's your ideal content scenario?
Speaker 7: Ideal is to make content once every few months, yea, begrudgingly yep, and to gain zero joy from it, steal my business plan. That's basically it is. Yeah, yeah, no, yeah, I mean being someone trying to promote anything is unbelievably yeah, saying endeavor it's and you know, there are certain people that don't seem to have a problem with it, and I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't understand.
Speaker 6: There are just some change I almost want to take a class.
Speaker 7: I need to be shameless.
Speaker 6: Well, also, you there are things that I'm one hundred percent a fan of, but it's including stand up clips.
Speaker 2: There are there are things that I tune in for.
Speaker 6: And get like Broadway Barbara or whatever, Like, Okay, do I need to get a green screen and some equipment or at least alter my phone to where it has a good lens, like I because.
Speaker 2: I do respect, I know. I just I think I'm never going to be that person. I think.
Speaker 5: And I'm pitching you on that's a class that I teach where I learn with you and you just come over to my house and I steal your ideas because.
Speaker 7: It's it's hot. I don't know, it's like I think the thing is, it's like I would say one of the quintessential points of being a comedian is some sense of self reflection or an understanding of your who you are and how you are perceived or something like that. But I feel like to be a person creating content where you're posting something every day and like really trying to get out there, you have to like not have that right self reflection, you know what I mean, and not be precious about what you're putting out.
Speaker 2: There or whatever. Yeah, even people I.
Speaker 5: Really look up to, they'll put out stuff that's dog shit just because it's Thursday.
Speaker 6: I know, they got to put out something. Even the sound quality will be bad, but they're is part of my class. Make sure the sound is good, but.
Speaker 2: They're succeeding from it. And I know, you know, I all power to them whatever.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 7: I find that even when something is doing well, it doesn't bring me joy, so I just I've I also think everyone's chasing this mercurial thing called relevancy that itself doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: Well, you and I both need to recognize that we both have wildly popular pod casts with loyal audiences and that's our little exactly, and we didn't have to fucking hang out in the park and point our phone at our face and I'm talking to you.
Speaker 7: Yes, I feel I feel that, And I'm always happy to promote my podcast because it feels like it's a reflection for people I interview and things that I'm proud of. But but yeah, it's hard to stand up, it's hard to make front facing camera videos. It's like it's a difficult journey, but I do. You're on an Instagram at all, Karen, right, and you've never been on.
Speaker 2: It, But Karen's a big fan of TikTok.
Speaker 7: Oh and from Afar or from as Yes, Yes.
Speaker 5: Karen, you drink your coffee. Now, Karen and I have become a fan of TikTok, and I tune into it as if it's my cable.
Speaker 2: I've never gotten into watching it.
Speaker 6: There's great stuff on there because lip syncing and dancing anymore.
Speaker 7: Now, I believe that there's stuff I just have and there are there's news that there's uh news that you can't find.
Speaker 2: On mainstream outlets, and shiit, what what happened? You like mainstream outlets?
Speaker 7: It's okay, you don't need to. You can check a left at the at the next I'll give you great Yeah, you're you're okay. That is a fun backway to get to my place. But it's okay, okay, we can go the front way.
Speaker 5: No, I'm I have the same opinion about it as you. But I'm being Devil's advocate because I know that I need to change. Yeah, I do like what I've seen. And it doesn't have to be Instagram, it just has to be all of it.
Speaker 2: YouTube.
Speaker 5: Yeah, having an email, this sending people your and it seems I've always would stand up been.
Speaker 6: At times turned off by the just the narcissism, even though I'm trying hard to get.
Speaker 7: That, and it's hard because it's like from your the people who are following you are like, oh, Chris post at stand up. I love christ I'm happy to see this. Yes, but you don't think of it in that way? Do you think of it of just like I hate that. It's like, who do I.
Speaker 2: Think I am putting this video of me my face talking to.
Speaker 7: The people who want to see that, And I'll.
Speaker 5: Think that in the middle of a set. Sometimes I'm like, who do I think I am? Tony Bennett. I'm not even shy? Are they looking at me?
Speaker 7: Yeah? It's hard.
Speaker 1: It's hard to escape your own own sense of mental illness.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's what it is. We all.
Speaker 6: But I love the question, Karen, thank you about how I feel about content.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I feel it's relevant.
Speaker 7: No, it is very much. It is. It is hunting.
Speaker 1: Remember when, and this was probably like in twenty fourteen or twelve, everyone was supposed to join ELLO.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't even know what it is. I'm still on there.
Speaker 1: It was another freak out that comics was like I have to join ELLO now and I don't. It's like, what are you fucking talking about?
Speaker 2: I know, you just have to wait it out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm like, oh god, I've only made four vines. It's over Snapchat.
Speaker 2: I'm not hi, that's all.
Speaker 7: It's just first, I love that Twitter is gone.
Speaker 2: Basically, I love that it's I hope I want to just fully go away. See that's what I I We were talking about. That was how I used to write jokes. Though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh people responded to this. Let me elaborate on stage with it. It was just a list of like, uh, here's a green light on this premise or whatever, and I kind of miss.
Speaker 6: That now that it's a place for hate speech. But whatever, I haven't canceled it.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: It's hard to do that because I'm like every time I go over there, I'm like, this is garbage. And then it's like, look at all these followers, but it's tragedy.
Speaker 7: It feels like something you need to Yeah, how do people not get absolutely creamed?
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 5: By going I guess all of a sudden, there's a three mile It just was neither a live dead for three.
Speaker 4: But there's no cars coming the other way.
Speaker 7: Since we just talked about content, yeah, things that are difficult. What's bringing you both joy in your life right now?
Speaker 2: Good question.
Speaker 1: Trying around. I like that.
Speaker 7: I like it could be anything.
Speaker 6: I want to be a guest on a podcast. Uh, I don't know, Karen, you go first.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 4: A well made cappuccino.
Speaker 7: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 1: Let's see. I started watching the Showgun series last night.
Speaker 2: Oh I wanted to do.
Speaker 7: I started.
Speaker 2: I haven't even finished the first episode, but I was enjoying it.
Speaker 1: I really was enjoying it. Although I can't read subtitles that fast. They're fast subtitles.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but they're pretty subtitles.
Speaker 2: Gorgeous.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I noticed that. Where'm Michael, this is You're trying to make this aesthetically pleasing the subtitles.
Speaker 1: But everybody, it's like they're having long, uh political conversations back and forth real fast, where it's like, hey, I can't you have to pause it or have people talk slower, or I.
Speaker 5: Have to pass and Chris, oh joy, I've I've been trying to step away from all the joy except I've been a man of leisure lately. I'm like bowling and golfing and escaping, and that's all I've been focused.
Speaker 2: It's like, I get it, it works, let me also make content for it.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: So I'm like trying to but I've been I've been chased and chasing joy and catching up with it lately.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, Yes, I'm happy.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been doing things that I enjoy for the sake of enjoyment. And uh, oddly, I'll give an example. Oddly, I've been what like, I sewed these patches on my pants.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 6: Can you see that, Andrew, I've been patching and sewing things on.
Speaker 5: And take an old pair of clothes and I get this iron on paper and then you just heat transfer it and then sew it on and it makes an old pair of clothes new to you and makes it look like I shop at hot topic.
Speaker 7: Which is always the goal. Yeah's it?
Speaker 2: Oddly, I am.
Speaker 5: That's my little midlife crisis is I'm starting to dress like I listened to AFI.
Speaker 2: And it brings me Joy's great.
Speaker 6: I'm going to get a sewing Andrew.
Speaker 1: What's your answer?
Speaker 7: Wow, I did not expect the table. Oh my gosh. Yeah, just being around people that I love having in my life, whether it's you know, going to a movie with a friend or eating dinner with a friend, or you know, just people that I at this point in my life have surrounded myself with and I feel like the pandemic I feel like was a good culling holding of the friends. Yeah, where you see who is actually valuable in your life and who who contributes in a positive way, and maintaining those friendships and seeing those people is always very joyful. I had a birthday recently and I invited like thirty people, twenty thirty people to my house, really close friends, and it was really nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great. I think I speak yeah, really closely.
Speaker 7: We both want to change our answer to your antser Yeah, no, I don't know, but you know, also the election, depending election.
Speaker 1: You cannot wait just around. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is a huge moment.
Speaker 1: For it's going to feel so good for months at a time.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be like months of relief. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Good, wonderful daily therapy. Good answer.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And uh and you're you're great.
Speaker 7: So you guys are a list. You guys are great.
Speaker 1: I think that may have been the lastingest episode we've ever done.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was a fun one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Wow, I'm so happy to hear that.
Speaker 1: And loudest laughing at Yeah, that was some fun laughing.
Speaker 2: That felt like the old days.
Speaker 7: Hey, we love the old days. Hey you picked this podcast? Great again. That's a good ending.
Speaker 2: To ride d y n a R. This has been an exactly Right production.
Speaker 1: Produced by Analise Nelson, mixed by Edson Choi. Our talent booker is Patrick Cottner.
Speaker 2: Theme song by Karen Kilgarret.
Speaker 1: Artwork by Chris Fairbanks. Follow the show on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook at dinar podcast That's d y n ar Podcast.
Speaker 2: For more information, go to exactly rightmedia dot com. Thank you, Oh You're welcome