Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network. Ready, when you're ready, let's.
Speaker 2: Get it all.
Speaker 1: How's it going to everybody? Bryan Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern, Sunday three Pacific, six Eastern, and of course Saturdays with Jim Valley at ten Pacific, one Eastern. We got a lot of news to get into today. It's Monday, you know. That means a lot of stuff happened over the weekend. We had shows, we had title changes, we had literally a half dozen injuries that we have to get into here today, and we're gonna go over all that here on the show, as well as the full lineup for Raw tonight, the full lineup for NXT tomorrow, the full lineup for AW on Wednesday. Wednesday, of course, is the go home Dynamite for the pay per view is coming weekend, which I will be attending. I'm gonna be there in Vegas. Dave's gonna be there, got a whole bunch of people going and if you would like to join us there at for W one line dot com slash Vegas. You can join us for our Q and A. You can join us for a Brazilian steakhouse dinner. Don't miss that one, and we may we may have a couple of packages available that involve a ticket to double or nothing, but those may be sold out. So whatever you're interested inffor do W online dot com, slash Vegas, I would go there asap and see what is left. Could do a meet and greet with Dave. It's gonna be a lot of fun, so don't miss that this weekend. We've also got updates on the video game. We finally finally have a release date for aw Fight Forever, and believe it or not, that is the top story today. I'll tell you why has noted. We've got a backup location for Collision and we're gonna know one way or the other on Wednesday, so we'll tell you about that and the New Japan Show yesterday and SmackDown Rampage, whatever you want to talk about. Texas four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. That is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. Brian at Wrestling Observer dot com at Brian Elbers on Twitter, Back in a moment Observer Live. Back in the show, Briin Elber is here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike simber Viv also of Wrestling Observer dot com. Let's get going on the news and the big story today. Fight Forever finally as an official release date, announce today. Fight Forever will be released Thursday, June twenty ninth, PS five, PS four, Xbox Series X and S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC and S was made via video from Kenney Omega quite some time ago. He said, we announced our first foray into the video game world, aw Fight Forever. We wanted to develop an arcade experience. It was fun, easy to pick up and play, but difficult to master. We believe Awn, our partners with Yukes, have created just that experience. Rated T fourteen due to blood, violence, language, mild suggestive themes, and use of alcohol and tobacco. Okay. Following match types are included in the game Singles matches, tag team, three way, four way, casino battle, royal falls, count anywhere, unsanctioned lights out and exploding barbed wire death matches.
Speaker 2: Why were you so surprised by that there's a career mode, Brian Alvarez.
Speaker 1: So he can make the Sandman?
Speaker 2: How can you tell the career of the Hangman outam page without him sitting at the bar, sitting there with a drink in his hand, maybe using that drink when he wrestles an unsanctioned lights out match, which it says here in the press release allows use of weapons and of course lots of blood.
Speaker 1: Just tell me that they have that create a wrestler function where I can make the Sandman and do all of my aw dream matches with the Sandman that possible? Did you have a Sandman in his prime versus John Moxley? Don't tell me. You don't want to see that match. Don't even tell me. Might be blood, he says Tony Knst. Since our initial announcement, fans worldwide have shown unbridled passion around the launch of Fight Forever. Unbridled, that's passionate word. Yes, they could not be bridled. No, they were so excited for this game, Fight Forever Kenny and our world class team and delivered an authentic, nostalgic feel, etcetera, etcetera. So why am I even announcing this?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: The video game was first announced in November of twenty twenty. It is now May of twenty twenty three. It's been a long time since they announced this, and the fact of the matter is this is potentially a real big money thing for AW. They've been banking a lot on this video game. They invested a ton into this video game with the hopes of this video game was going to be a huge hit which would result in a huge influx of income to AW. So it would not be as important as say a television deal, but you know, there's a lot of money at stake with this game. So they've been waiting almost three years since the announcement to have it released, and it's been pushback, pushback, pushback. But it's now time. So it's gonna be very interesting to follow the release sales, what fans think about the game if they announced another game for somewhere down the road. But this is a big one financially for AW, so we can all hope for the best there.
Speaker 2: I haven't followed this intensely or anything. Has there been an estimate on how much they've put out to produce this game so far?
Speaker 1: I don't think there's actually been an estimate, But my guess is, like you know eight figures like a lot of money. A lot of money went into this to my knowledge. It could be totally wrong about that, but that's the impression that I got.
Speaker 2: Well, and I guess this is one for the listeners really obviously more than either one of us. But what is good for a release of a game like this in the first can you make that? Much? Like? What do games? And not talking about the biggest games in the world, what would a game to this level actually look to get in its main buying cycle? Seriously, because I have no idea at this point, what actually, you know, gold or platinum would actually equate to when it comes to the gaming world. Now.
Speaker 1: Also very important for AW is Wednesday. AW is considering a backup location for the debut edition of Collision. Daily's Place. Jacksonville, Florida is being considered as a backup location. AW who had originally set to launch the show at the United Center Chicago June seventeenth, but plans are currently up in the air due to a dispute between Punk and AW. Dave wrote aw's d contact with Daily's Place is a possible backup location. This is not an official change, but it has appeared that the cmpunk situation has until Wednesday to go whichever way it goes, and if he's not appearing then and they won't go to the United Center. People involved with the proposed events, so they were told yesterday about the show being possible and that a decision would be made over the next week. So they had a list of upcoming events and the Wednesday after, or maybe it's the Wednesday before, it's the wind Trust Arena. And so you know, some people saw the announcement of the wind Trust arena and they were like, well, I guess that means, you know, there's no cm punk, And in fact, that's not what that means because their plan. Their plan is they are going to run the wind Trust Arena one way or the other. So if cm punk decides he's going to do this or whatever the situation is, and you know he's on, then they're going to announce the United Center and they would do both shows within a you know, three to five day period or whatever. I can't remember if the wind Trust before after, someone probably remembers, but it's either the Dynamite before after, But that's that's the idea. So if punk is not going to be on the debut collision, then they're not gonna run the United Center. They will run Daily's place because they feel and there's two things here. Number One, they feel that if Punk's return is advertised for the United Center, they're gonna do great there, and then they'll do fine for the show at the wind Trust Arena. But if he's not there, I don't think they're confident at all of doing great numbers for the United Center and wind Trust, you know, three to five days apart. The other issue. The other issue, and this is a big issue because of what they did last time when he debuted. If they announce the United Center, everybody is gonna expect that the guy is gonna be there, and if he's not gonna be there, you're gonna have some really really unhappy people. So, because of what happened the first time, you do not want to announce the United Center unless he's for sure going to be there. Now, last week they were supposed to announce the United Center, they did not. They announced every single upcoming data location except that one we will announce next week, which meant there were seven days to get everything figured out, and you know, not just figured out, but I don't know what the agreement is. I don't know. I don't know what's going on. But if Punk is confirmed for the show, then on Wednesday, they are going to announce the United Center, and if he's not, they're going to announce daily It's place. So that's how I'm gonna know what's going on. If you asked me right now what they are going to announce on Wednesday, I shouldn't say anything. But my presumption is that they're going to come to an agreement with Punk and they are going to announce the United Center. This obviously obvious. I could change.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're gonna get lit up.
Speaker 1: Why for what?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: My gut is that they're going to come to an agreement.
Speaker 2: I want to see it happen again.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what's funny is at the end of last Wednesday show, the last thing I said in the show was my presumption is that they're going to announce him tonight, and they didn't. Okay, so I guess we'll say.
Speaker 2: You got presented on Instagram. That's what happened.
Speaker 1: I still don't know why. I still have absolutely no idea why.
Speaker 2: I'd just like to know why this wasn't Iron out with a steal long before now. I mean, why the decision was made last tuesdays? It stands right now, unless any other new reporting has come out, unless AWS said anything else. Why was it Tuesday when this was decided? Why was this not ironed out ahead of time? Knowing it was going to be a headache for people on both sides of the equation no matter what the decision was, How did it go this far? That, to me is really the biggest question. You're regardless of what happens, what was the breakdown in communications that caused this to happen?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but after the break I got something I gotta say about that, all right? Yeah, back in a moment, Observer Live and the show Bright Now. Where is here? Wrestling Observer Live, Mike SIMBERBBI also Wrestling Observer dot Com. You know, I don't even want to really talk about this much because you know Punk's listening. Let me make it clear, I don't even know if all this stuff with uh, you know, what's his name, Punk's buddy A Steel. I don't even know what happened here, Okay. I've heard all of the stories, and the general story is that A Steele and correct me if I got this story wrong. A Steele was fired and then CM Punk wanted him back, and so he was hired back, and Punk was given the impression that he was going to be working as an agent at Collision, and then it turned out that he was being hired back, but he was going to work remotely and never be a Collision And then this made Cmpunk angry. Is that generally the story that that's been told here? Well, I think that's the story that I heard.
Speaker 2: No, and I can pull up the specifics here. You know, from the Fight Full and from the House of Wrestling thing, it was that he was hired back at some point. Now, whether that was because nobody else was fired or whatever is obviously you would figure see him. Punk would want him back regardless of what it was. But he had apparently been working there remotely, helping out. I guess it was with Creative at that time, and it was he was led to believe. Either he was led to believe or was told he was going to be back when Collision started again. And then apparently from House ar Wrestling, the decision was made on Tuesday he was not coming back. That got to Punk, yes, and then that's what I said.
Speaker 1: That's what I said. Like, they thought that he was going to be working Collision, and now the story is no, he's only going to be remote. That made Punk mad and probably a steel mad too.
Speaker 2: He's been working remotely, I know.
Speaker 1: But the story was that they thought he was going to be working in backstage at Collision when it started, and now they're told that's not the case. Okay, Well that's what the question is.
Speaker 2: Well, me is there's the issue, because that's what they are claiming is we were not only I guess, led to believe that that's what it was supposed to be, and then the decision was see.
Speaker 1: Here, it's before that. But the problem actually goes even before that. Okay, here's the thing to me. Okay, and this is not the first time. Here's the thing. Whether that exact series of events is true or not, my larger point is that this is not the first time that there has been an issue in aw between parties and the solution that Tony Kahan has come up with has resulted in both sides being angry. Okay, that's my point here. So here's the deal. Here's the deal. Okay, you have a situation where a Steel bit Kenny Omega, and I don't think that the elite really would like him to be hired back because he bit somebody. Okay, Now Punk is friends with a Steel. Punk believes that a Steele did what was right, you know whatever, and so he wants him to come back. So really, there's only two solutions that are actually going to work here, and each solution is going to make one side angry. The one solution is a Steel is fired. He ain't coming back. He bit somebody, He's not coming back. He's done. Okay, This makes a Steel angry, It makes the impunk angry, makes the elide happy. They don't want the guy back. He bits somebody, all right. The other solution is, well, we bring the guy back. He's going to be working collision. The elite is not going to be on collision. We're gonna we're gonna rehire him. This is gonna make seeimpunk happy. He's gonna make a Steel happy, but it's gonna make the elite angry. Guy bit us and now he's back, got a job again. Okay. So the one solution makes the punk side happy and the other side the other is the opposite. Right, Well, the third solution here is we're going to rehire him, which of course makes the elite angry that he's being rehired, but he is not allowed to actually go to the show, which then makes Cmpunk and a Steel angry. So the one solution chosen was a solution that makes all sides angry. This is not the first time that I have heard that Tony wants to find a solution that makes everybody happy, but in doing so, the solution often makes everyone unhappy.
Speaker 2: Brian, let me let me ask a question here, Yes, why then was this not really ironed out long before the day before this was going to be announced? Where everybody? Again, I that's that's my only question. I guess is how did this happen?
Speaker 1: My guess is that Tony probably knew that eventually this was going to come to a head, and he figured that he would buy himself time until that day came. I don't know that, but I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's you know, it's funny. You got Androtti on that poster and he was told, if you mess with Sammy, when you come back where it being, you're you're getting sent home. And he comes back and he punches dude talking about a guy that somebody his dude punches a dude God sent home, and it's like, now he's back, Like, I, Oh, there's a lot of appeasing that goes on there. There's a lot of a lot that goes on there, I guess, and it's it's it's frustrating as a fan because again, this takes away from any excitement that's been going on and reduces and and I hate to say this, but like it reduces the debut of collision. Of course, it's already happened by being moved to the amphitheater.
Speaker 1: How many things have ever ruined the something or other at the end of the day, here is my advice to Tony Kahan, which nobody will listen to, but perhaps someone out there will listen to it, because it's a life lesson that I have learned personally. You will never have everyone like you. You will never have everybody like you. There's always going to be people that don't like you. And sometimes when you have to make a decision because you're the boss, well you have to make a decision that some people are not going to like. Now, I know that everyone on the internet's going to say, oh, well, he's saying that I didn't even tell you which side Tony should choose. My point is there's two options here. A Steel is either rehired and he works backstage at Collision and him and Punk are happy, or he is fired and he does not come back and the elite are happy. That is the only solution that's going to work. If you try to make both sides happy. What happens is you are where you are now, where You've made both sides angry. Both sides are angry right now. You have not solved the problem. You've made a bigger problem. You pissed everybody off.
Speaker 2: Including you.
Speaker 1: I'm not angry, they are. Actually I'm not angry. I'm be a great It takes a lot to make me angry. Raw. Tonight is Becky Lynch and Trish Stratus Knight of Champions contract signing, Rock Lesser and Cody Roads quote under one roof. That's some branding for you. Seth Rawlins will do his interview with Corey Graves and talk about Roman Reigns and A J Kevin Sammy at a Mystery Partner versus Imperium and Candice Lay versus Zoe Stark then we have the updated lineup for NXT, where we have got Roxane Perez, Tiffany Stratton in one semifinal, Lyra val Chira and Kora Jade in the other semifinal, Nathan Fraser versus Noam dar.
Speaker 2: Oh Man, a talk show off, Tyler.
Speaker 1: Bate versus Eddie Thorpe, and the real main event this week everybody Hank versus Tank Yep.
Speaker 2: This time it's personal.
Speaker 1: Hank versus Tank. Then of course we have the can.
Speaker 2: You imagine what Booker T's commentary is gonna be like?
Speaker 1: During this we got Dynamite coming up at the MGM Grand Adam Cole, Chris Jericho contracts signing, Orange Cassie defends the International title against Kyle Fletcher. I guess presumably if Kyle wins, he's in that Battle Royal or something like that. House of Black versus Blake, Christian A. R. Fox and Metallique, who is no longer Grand, He's just simply he's just Metal FTR promo, Ricky Starks promo, Four Pillars promo, Tony Kahn promo where he'll announce the location of aw collision, Taya val Kari versus Lady Frost, and the Luca Bros. Against Claudio and Wheeler. You to four the Ring of Honor World Tag Team Championships. That's the lineup here for the next couple of days. And of course we've got all of the injuries where to even begin last night. This is not one hundred percent confirmed, but I can confirm that the people of the building thought that Mercedes broke her ankle. That's what they told me. She was doing a match with Willow Nightingale the finals of the tournament, where at least going in, Dave was told she was going to win, and they were I mean the match, I mean were there were some problems with this match. They end up fighting on the top and she slipped, fell off and injured her ankle, probably broken, that's what they believed, and she got back in the ring. She attempted to do the bank statement, but because she was hurt, she couldn't jump, and so she basically pulled Willow onto her own face and then put the move on. And then Willow got the ropes, and I guess they decided, let's take this thing home. You're going over, and Willow hit a gut wrench, sit out power bomb, and the ref counts one, he counts two, he stops counting. Mercedes does not kick out. The fans begin booing unmercifully, and so Willow grabbed her hit her with another sit out power bomb. This time the referee counted three, and Willow Nightingale is the new new Japan Strong Women's Champion and she is a strong woman. If you watch this match, let me tell you so. Mercedes appears to be a broken ankle, and hopefully he gets well soon. And then when we come back, we got about five other injuries to talk about, so stand by observer line. Well more injuries. We've got Mark Davis ossee open, Arthur Scovic surgery on his knee repairing a torn meniscus. They vacated the Strong and Tag Team titles and.
Speaker 2: The Strong and Tag Team I.
Speaker 1: W gp O. Everybody knows what I'm talking about. They didn't know what we were talking about. How could they listen to you? We have both titles up for grabs at Dominion and a match with Evil and U Duro Versus Goto and Yoshi Hashi for all of the belts they'll be so so one of those tea teams will be this Strong Bag Team Champions, okay, rid of the Belts. Those close to Davis said he will be back very soon six weeks or perhaps even shorter. Well that's at least good. Da Code of Kai torn ac l Live Morgan was injured. Both in the same match, by the way, So what happened was they were they were doing a match, and uh, I was I always hate, you know, killing people's gimmicks, but guys know Nick Gage. Yeah, well we were doing a match and uh and Nick Gage and Antonio against Tom and I for beyond I think it was, and uh, you know, we're going over everything, and h Nick is going to do his comeback and he's going to hit the running face wash boot in the corner. And I don't know if you guys actually know Nick Gage, I I I don't want to kill his gimmicks because he might kill me. But he's the sweetest guy. And he sits Tom down in the corner and he like just gently touches his face and he goes, just turn your face just like this, and he won't fit. He's explaining it like the softest, gentlest explanation, probably to do the running boot face wash or whatever they call it. So anyway, that's the move. You know, you you the person turns their head and the foot goes right past him or whatever, so not to break kfe, but you don't actually running boot them in the head as ard as you can, unless you're Sammy's a on Roman reigns at WrestleMania in which he booted that guy's face or the uprights. I was right there. Holy smokes, he boot that time in the nineties maybe, but anyway, so that's what she was doing to Live. But in flying past her, if you watch the video, it's like she sat like right on Lib's shoulder. And I don't know the extent of the injury, but Lives got a shoulder injury that might need surgery, was what I was told.
Speaker 2: So she was.
Speaker 1: Hurt, and then you know, Dakota knew she was hurt, and so the way it was explained to me was, well, she was trying to protect her and in doing so, she tore her own ACL. So we had two serious injuries in the same match, and Dakota's undergoing surgery, and I guess Lib Morgan may or may not be undergoing surgery. So that's the update there, Will Osprey, It says here according to Dave great pain last night from the right shoulder. He had an injured shoulder that he's coming back from a win over Tanahashi in Long Beach. Returned from the injury to the ac joint suffered in a match with Davis in the New Japan Cup. We've heard nothing regarding being out of action, only that he was in pain and his actions at the end of the match weren't selling but were legitimate. Well, I got a lot of experience with those ac joint injuries because I injured both of them. How well. One was a power bomb off the top rope, which I didn't want to take, but I did, and in the end that was right. And then the other one was, of all things, because this is how wrestling works, of all things, I hurt myself on a seated drop kick. Oh man, how well. I'd never done one before, and I don't know why I even thought about it, but the fellow was just sitting up and I thought, I'm just gonna do a basement drop kicker? What do they call it? And really, all you have to do if you're not incompetant is just take a back bump. But instead I tried to do a normal dr upkick low. So I turned sideways and I landed sideways on my shoulder. That's how you injure your ac joint when you land sideways on your shoulder. And uh. In both cases, I couldn't do jack for a long time. I couldn't bench press the bar, I couldn't do push ups on my knees. Even I couldn't.
Speaker 2: Do anything, couldn't do jack too.
Speaker 1: I could do nothing. And it was a long long time before I was able to. And there's like various there's like a first, second or third degree ac joint sprain, and like you get a bad one, and I mean, you don't come back in a month or two months. So all the best to will Osprey because that sucks.
Speaker 2: Put that on your list against getting hurt doing the UH was the roll of the dice.
Speaker 1: I heard myself taking snake eyes.
Speaker 2: Snake eyes.
Speaker 1: You think you know where the mad is, but it's not. Bro. You don't understand how how fragile the human body is when it doesn't know what's happening. That's the issue. That's why you know, you get in a you get rear ended, and it's much worse because you didn't even know what was coming up whatever? Or you know the other day I was I was just walking and there was a hole in the ground and I and it was not even very deep. It was like that deep. I stepped in that hole. Man, my back, that was a bad time.
Speaker 2: Git about the back? What about the knee?
Speaker 1: Now, my knee was fine, all right, but my back was not fine. It was not fine at all. It's your age though, No, it's not my age. It was a hole in the earth that I stepped in.
Speaker 2: Did you fall down? And you know, no, grass.
Speaker 1: No, you just do that weird thinking wre you go and you kind of you know, like.
Speaker 2: The old man. Did you have the old man walk for a minute after the workers walking?
Speaker 1: Like, ah, it ain't a worker's walk, bro, That's how I walked. So that's the update on all of the injuries.
Speaker 2: There's actually couple more. I hate to say it, and I don't know. I didn't see the match. I don't know how bad it is. But tag ishm Morey's best.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think it's a concussion.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a a cervical and so it's like, oh god, what a cervical mean?
Speaker 1: But if it's the Sai that's what was that may not be a concussion.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, So again I don't know how bad off he was. I don't know if it was a stinger or what exactly it was that happened, but he's out, his tournament's going to be over with and there was actually I guess shouldn't a Katsumata in a match over the weekend of DDT broke his ankle. So now the KO and D tag team titles and the Extreme titles are going to be apparently now up for grabs on the same show that Nick Wayne will be on it in June at some point like June twenty fifth of Quark and all.
Speaker 1: Hey listen, I know, doctor, but DJ says, whatever it is is affecting his right shoulder and arm and usually usually the neck, it affects the left side. So I don't know, dude, that's not good. That's not good. Well, I think that's all the updates for now.
Speaker 2: Let's hope. So when it comes to injuries at least, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not good. Oh, we haven't even talked about, like you, how many injuries are an NXT. Oh, I mean we have talked about it ad nauseum. But there's a bunch dude, and I don't even know all of them. SmackDown had uh. Actually we'll finish with New Japan first because I saw two of the other matches. We had will Ospray and ton Ashi, which we talked about. This match was awesome, last few minutes were great. It's kind of like you know, early on it was uh. I don't want to say you're not gonna see it. Actually I will say this. It was a Will Osprey walk and talk match, which is still more action than ninety nine percent of people in the ring. But for Will Ospray, he walked and.
Speaker 2: Talked for half of this walking drum brother.
Speaker 1: They did some they did an air drum and air guitar you know battle, They had a concert, and then they picked it up at the end with some awesome near falls and Osprey hit the Hidden Blade storm Breaker for the Penny moves on in this mini tournament where the winner will be getting a shot at Kenny Omega's IWGP US title. And then the other match, which actually I love this more than the Osprey ton Ashi match, is she eat Rocky and Okada versus Moxley showed at Umino and Wheeler yudah. This match ruled and everybody looked great. Poor Rocky, Poor Rocky. God he got cut off and then Moxley tagged in, and dude, Moxy just pummeled this poor guy. He just beat the stuffing out of this line.
Speaker 2: I gotta be honest. I hate to say it, Rock I love you. I gave Moxley ten bucks because you deserve to be horrible calling in here on that potato of a phone that you had on Friday.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know, but it's all love now, sure that was the phone and not the byeline. I'd never blame Rocky. You don't think that guy's got a good phone. He goes all over the world, Come on. But anyway, the point is he done got beat up, dude, and then he made a comeback where he did my new favorite John Moxley spot that he's been doing for about a week now, which is he gets heat on a guy and then the other guy hits a big move on him, and so his response is to pop up to his feet, and he's so groggy he leaps for a tag, but it's the wrong corner. He has to stumble to his feet and find the actual corner, and by that time the other guy is running a rough shot, and so we had all of these big spots. They're teasing Okada and Shooter. At some point they're teasing Ocada and Moxley. We had man just one after another, and then finally Okada hit the rain Maker on Moxley, sent him outside, Old Shooter hit the death Rider on Rocky pinned him. This was a great man great.
Speaker 2: Made better by that crowd because that crowd was fantastic. I thought it. They came across really really well last night.
Speaker 1: Then we also had the uh the usos and Ray and Santo's Escobar, which if you watch New Japan first you'll be like, as one that good, But if you watch this cold you watch the rest of the show. This match was really good, and it was another one where they got about fourteen minutes and the first seven was just that's whatever. You know, they're getting heat on.
Speaker 2: They had to do some stuff before you get They got to.
Speaker 1: Put some time in, yeah, and then you know, then they they started doing all the big spots at the end and it was great. And finally Ray hits the six one nine on Jimmy after Sammy and Kevin interfered Escobar hits the big splash. Got to pin these USO's. Man, they're losing a bunch of matches here and Roman he is not happy. Now. I know people don't like this, but I like SmackDown. But I have a complaint and I must get it out. And I actually don't even blame WWE. I blame Cole. Michael Cole, who has improved in his job a lot, but he has something he does that absolutely drives me irrationally crazy. And it happened multiple times during the show. It's always a tag match, So let me doing this tag match, and you know something will happen. There's a double team. Ref turns around, counts a pin or whatever, and Michael Cole will make a note that the referee did not see the double team. Bro dude, do you know how many double teams there are in every single not JUSTWE, but every single tag match on the face of this planet. There's double teaming all the time. And now you're trying to tell me that if the ref catches double teaming there will be like a disqualification. It happened once earlier. What match was it? It was? There were two tag match. You know, it's worse hold on. I gotta get this brawling brutes. Okay. So they're doing the brawling brutes and pretty deadly, and the referee is distracted and pretty deadly hits their their their spilt milk, and then the referee you know, turns around and Cole goes the referee distracted during that double team. So I guess now it's legal. Well, he said the exact same thing in the main event, but the reason was so infuriating the main event is, uh, there was a distraction. Jay hit the pop up neck breaker got a near fall. Cole says the ref was distracted didn't see the double team. The very next spot, the users are doing a double souplex in the middle of the ring. The ref's right there watching this double team. But that's okay, way not this way.
Speaker 2: Hate that.
Speaker 1: Observer Live in the show. Brian Alberrez here Wrestling Observer Live, Mike SIPBERBB also Wrestling Observer dot Com. In one hour to Pacific five Eastern, myself and Filthy Tom Lawler are going to be back to talk a lot of different things, including New Japan Strong running in Japan, a New Japan Strong branded show which he's advertised for, So we got to talk about that, and we'll get his thoughts on the top matches from yesterday as well as a full report on SmackDown. And we were gonna do a sponsorship snackdown, but uh, what we're looking for is not so easy to find, it turns out, so that'll have to be for another week.
Speaker 2: What yeah, what are you trying to find.
Speaker 1: That prime energy drink?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: God, I can't find that thing anywhere. Not much, bro. You think it's my idea? You think I need an energy drink?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's the last thing I need.
Speaker 2: You better hope that he hasn't had one, because he already put up on Twitter that he's just going to badger you for about an hour to see if he can make your head explode.
Speaker 1: Good luck, brother, that ain't gonna work on me. And then tomorrow it's a brain of any Granny Craig Sean show. That's a lame duck show, too, dull headed retro raw for the next about four weeks. And then twenty one years ago in Nwatna kicks off. You're that is gonna be awesome.
Speaker 2: You're bad.
Speaker 1: I've heard people that have watched that first show and man, bro oh man, oh my god. Well you know you shouldn't stick up for that damn Orca, should you. I hope you all learned a lesson about sticking up for that whail. I don't like him all right here, everybody, Thanks. Mich has always colors and listeners ever in the studio doc The Next Time Sling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network