Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all, you already know what it is.
Speaker 2: Yours truly back with another exclusive episode of Rock Solid Podcasts.
Speaker 1: YO, listen.
Speaker 2: This one right here is special because I watched this brother come up in the game along with myself.
Speaker 1: He was definitely one of my pairs spitting.
Speaker 2: One of the guys I listened to him, was like, ain't no fucking way he got nice. I gotta go in the crib and burn these niggas. How these niggas off from the Bronx at Harlem? Get this nice? What the hell are they eating up there? I watched this man transition not only from one of the best spinners of hip hop, but doing the major, major service for the community that we need. And I definitely invited my brother here. Let's welcome my song to the building. What's up, my brother?
Speaker 1: How you doing man? Yo? First, before we start, I want to just say I want to.
Speaker 2: Apologize to the whole activism community, everybody that's pushing the culture, moving the community forward.
Speaker 1: My words might have been tooken the wrong way.
Speaker 2: I might have set them the wrong way because I definitely didn't mean fuck activism, that's what we need. We wouldn't have greats like Malcolm X and all other greats we have, like Martin Luther King and everybody else you have read about in the history books. My thing was fuck selective jay Z activism.
Speaker 1: That was my words.
Speaker 2: Because the homie I was speaking to, I think his name is MOUSEI or Mouse.
Speaker 1: He had me hot Mice.
Speaker 3: I see, I seen, and that's why you know. I went on the post and I've seen it. And you know, people send you everything listen because you know they want to cause the confident. When I've seen it, I'm like, I no, bleak, And I could tell that there's a level of frustration.
Speaker 1: Oh I was. I was at the frust.
Speaker 3: It's frustration, you know. And I know being part of Rockefeller. I'm not even part of Rockefeller, and people act like I'm part.
Speaker 4: Of one feller.
Speaker 3: So you know what I'm saying, I'm supposed to getting paper, so I know the frustration, you know, And I'm listening to you and I'm like, nah, bleak, don't mean that.
Speaker 4: It's just a level of frustration.
Speaker 3: And he's saying, fuck everybody is going that gym todded niggas going.
Speaker 1: And that wasn't my point. Like what it was. It's like first of all, I haven't done interviews in a minute.
Speaker 2: Like you know, since I got my own podcasts, I haven't been sitting down with anybody because I felt like any point I wanted to get across, I say it here. But being that I had music out, we just shut down Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 1: I went up there.
Speaker 2: I had no clue they was gonna throw in the target kap a Nick. So you know, my natural defense mechanism always gonna kick in when it comes down to my homies, I'm gonna defend first and think later.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And then when I sat back and watched it, I'm like, damn bleek. You could have said that a little different. It could have said it's a little different. That's why definitely when you reached out, it's like Mice is the perfect person to bring up here, so I could speak my truth and let people know. You know, that was out of anger, and that's not what I think. I'm all the way behind what you're doing. Like, yeah, I've been at the front line for every movement we had out here. Man, anything that been going down in our community, you've been on the front line. And me from a fans perspective of watching you rap. I want to know, like, what was the transition, what inspired you to even like be like, yo, I'm this is what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think for me, it was just actually being involved in multiple facets, right, being in the streets, being incarcerated, coming home, just understanding the seriousness of what we're dealing with. I think first it started with being incarcerated and knowing.
Speaker 4: How many of.
Speaker 3: Us in ourselves, especially young black and Latino men, right, And it was like, you know what, I've been in the streets, and I know how they have tricked us, you know, and we brought into the wrong thing. So I wanted to come home, change that narrative and tell these kids the truth about what's going on. Right, these they got a whole structure that is designed to keep us inside of themselves and keep us, you know, away from anything that's positive, you know. So that's why when we talk about activism, and we have these conversations about activists, and a lot of people don't really understand the whole level of activism, you know.
Speaker 4: And that's what I was trying to tell.
Speaker 3: I'm like, bleak is not coming from a perspective of he's saying fuck activism, He's coming from a perspective of people who are being attacked, especially when you're in alignment.
Speaker 4: I'm attacked, like I see it, Like literally, I'm.
Speaker 3: On the front line doing work and people attacking me like, yo, you're not for the community. You the boulet and you with the illumine, all types of abortions. So I understand the frustration, but I do this work because it comes from my heart right, right. So when I'm when I'm watching and I'm seeing how people utilize and they try to tell us apart, they try to divide in confort, right, and that's what happens. And I'm watching all of these things every day, and I'm seeing how they attack J and they attack this, and they play the J and Kaepernick and they played it Rockefeller and everybody's situation. And we got to just be a little bit smarter, right, because they know how to say, well, what about this and what about this? And sometimes you just got to take a breath and just say because we have each other's though right, So when they talk about activism and they talk about this and that, you should say, I'm gonna have a conversation with my son about that, right, because I have I got that man's direct content. That's one of my brothers, and I think that's that's what it is, because they definitely try to play this, They try to play us against each other.
Speaker 4: But I'm my activism comes from what Jay has done. Right.
Speaker 3: When Jay was talking about show you how to move in a room full of vultures. When Jay was talking about the end of the straight you need to be taken over. When you talk about nigga, I ain't know your token nigga. That that was what said. I know hip hop has a place in activism because I listen to j right, because I followed Ja and Nas and Nose and brothers like that. So activism and hip hop is hands in hand. It can't It's never gonna work without each other. So that's why we gotta be. We gotta understand. And that's why when people tell me about your Jay did this, and I'm like, well, y'all don't even know a lot of the ship that Jay has done for the movement silently.
Speaker 2: But that's why I say it's selective range with these people, man, because they just pick him because he's the biggest Target.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, But all of us, my giac.
Speaker 2: If you want to purchase an album right now, if you not, if like physically purchase an album. I'm not talking about buy it from Apple, streaming on Title or Spotify. I'm talking about physical copy of an album where you're gonna go bro.
Speaker 3: No, and and those are things that the average person doesn't know right So because they don't know that, it's people like us that explain that. Because I'm gonna have a conversation when they say you're talking because literally we called the boycott to Mek. It was the first person, I mean Senator Nita Turner to Meek and Jamal Bryant.
Speaker 4: They was the forefront of the boycott.
Speaker 3: So when when that happened and they say Jay did a deal with Target, I'm reaching out to people that's in roy niggas because we family what's going on, and they're like.
Speaker 4: This ain't no exclusive deal.
Speaker 3: This this is the regular place that all of the records, everybody's music is there. We didn't have no exclusive deal with Target. So those are messages that we That's why y'all gotta use it. That's why I'm trying to say they can't divide us.
Speaker 4: That's what the game is. I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: They divided Malcolm X and doctor Martin Luther King, they divided. Imagine if HUEP, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, James all of them were together, they couldn't they couldn't do nothing with them. And that's we in a moment right now where there's so much power. Well, when you when you go to the Yankee Stadium and you see jay Z got over forty thousand people in the building, right, this is history.
Speaker 4: That means that he got the.
Speaker 3: Ears of the people right, and they know that we have the streets, we have the people that really on the front lines of the civil rights when they know that when we make a decision and we decide that, listen, we're gonna get behind the.
Speaker 4: People because we work for the people. We don't.
Speaker 3: We don't call no boycotts because the people called the target boy Cause let's be clear, the people decided that target was the target. So when people ask, like, yo, why Target, why not Google?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 3: The people decided. People said what black people say, Yo, we spend a bunch of money in fucking Target. We damn near treat target like it's the club, especially black women.
Speaker 4: They going in there for seven to eight hours.
Speaker 3: So y'all telling us that y'all gonna take d away from us after all the money and the time we spend it. Fuck y'all, we gonna boycott, y'all because we know that we're gonna directly impact it exactly. And that's why over five billion dollars they lost in that. So when niggas act, why, it's because we knew that we can impact that. We can't boycott. It's no boycott in his three has ever been successful. Boycott and everybody, So there has to be a direct target. When you talk about boycott's to Montgomery boycott, they boycott at one place. There was a bunch of places that was racist against black people. But now they say, yo, we're gonna direct all this energy in one place. And he was able to move the need and make the mother fucking the boycott. The Montgomery bus company say look, you ain't getting on the back of the bus. So everything is a strategy and we understand that, and that's why we gotta. We need to utilize y'all life. When we come to y'all and be like, yo, listen, this was going on. We need something to be amplified when we need you to get up here and say some shit the same way we got a piggyback. We can't let these people trick us because that's what they've been doing for years. They divided, conquer. Oh he think this and this is his ideology on y'all beefing with each other. Now we not beefing with each other.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: We got one of the biggest hip hop artists in the world who've been funding this movement, who've been behind this movie, silently doing shit for this movement for years. We're not gonna let y'all separate us, even if we don't agree on everything, because we're humans exactly.
Speaker 4: My best friend, my mommy, and my mother used to have.
Speaker 3: But we we understand that we're trying to get black to the place we're supposed to be right, and that's where we intersect that.
Speaker 4: So we knuck.
Speaker 1: I'm that and you saying that. That's why I love the movement.
Speaker 2: You have boycott Black Murder because I believe we are our biggest enemy.
Speaker 1: We are bro like.
Speaker 2: It's no, it's like me like just so for hip hop, I'm gonna keep it hip hop not even gonna dive deep into the streets with us, because that's a whole nother wormhole. But just in hip hop, right, if you look at all these platforms and everybody who has a podcast, streaming network, or whatever you want to call it, or whatever they call itself, all they do all day is shoot at each other. You know, from one is on this one, it's on that one. And if this one drop an album is critique them. Yo, this young boy, this nigga too old, this nigga young, he can't do it. No platform is bigg en up our culture. But they'll say hip hop is dying.
Speaker 4: But why why do you think that is? Tell me what you think it is.
Speaker 1: If I if I, I don't know what I believe it is.
Speaker 2: It's just natural instinct from what they believe the culture generation before them was because our generation, like think about it, the Jays, you know what I mean, Cash money, no Limit never linked up the you know what I mean, Like it was a lot of separation thing. If I think the only link up back then really was the Hard Knocked Life Tour, you know what I'm saying. Other than that, and and what was that the smoke the doctor Dreanham tore Smoke, but that was more of the up and Smoke tour. That was more of the Death Row Records tour or what they were. But back then it was no what you would call it like. We didn't we didn't click up, we didn't link up, we didn't collaborate a lot. So I think the youth now and the streamers took that energy from music and put it on these platforms where they just spread instead of rapping out fuck with niggas or fuck these niggas. Is being sad now and they divide the artists think they divided fan bases.
Speaker 3: Bro they did, but it's like, but you gotta think about this, and I'm not saying I disagree with you, but just even and then I'm gonna bring it back to Jay because Jay said, truthfully, I want to round like common sense.
Speaker 4: That so five mils, I ain't rund like common sense.
Speaker 3: And the reality is that we live in a culture where an algorithm don't push the positivity when we're pushing each other together. If we not, if you not shooting at somebody else, it don't go viral. You do not see a viral clip of somebody celebrating somebody else. So somebody bigging somebody else. Who what what podcast do you see that's positive, that's amplifying other people, that's bringing up and amplifying people, that's going viral. They don't do the clips that go viral ate. The even Norri's podcast, right, Noorid be up there and he he The first thing he do is I'm bringing you up there with your flowers? Want to give your flowers? They don't show that part. They show when he having a conversation and saying that they had a conflict with somebody else.
Speaker 4: That's this culture that they created.
Speaker 3: They made it so that you cannot financially benefit off of nothing in our culture unless there.
Speaker 2: Is some conflict. I don't I don't think so tell me rock solid. We don't bash no one here.
Speaker 3: But I'm just trying to say, okay, do you think that you get the same views as somebody ass And that's what I'm.
Speaker 1: Trying to a third of the views.
Speaker 4: So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So, but you if you was up here, if you was up here controversial saying yo, these you'll be going l because that's what they want to see. And it's not even an. I don't think it's our nature. We don't want to be for niggas. You think you want to sit around and be for niggas. I don't want to have no And that's why my podcast is steadily just doing what it does, because we don't sit up there and promote negativity and promote how Black's gonna move, howos and us to be together all.
Speaker 1: These things, and that's my thing.
Speaker 2: I try to give out game to the youngins, like if any youngins or even people my age that feel like because you're never too old to get it right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I made mistakes.
Speaker 2: So I try to be here and be transparent as possible with people and let them know like nobody's perfect. I definitely wasn't, you know what I'm saying, And I made mistakes.
Speaker 1: These are the moves we made to correct them. And this is what I'm into.
Speaker 2: So I use this platform definitely to uplift not only my hip hop partners in my pears, but just like the community, because I want these niggas to understand like I don't have to hate you to get money. That's where they I think it's confusion where they think because you making all the money right now for me to get Brad, I gotta I gotta target you.
Speaker 1: And that's not bro.
Speaker 2: They burn money every year, they print and burn money every year.
Speaker 3: They don't see where the positive is beneficial.
Speaker 2: And that's what I had this conversation because I see it with you, but you know with D one.
Speaker 3: But even but listening D one, even though D one is controversial, is because he's going on somebody else. Right, even though it's positive, he's saying that this person right here is saying negative.
Speaker 4: So they promote the beef.
Speaker 3: They're not really promoting that he's positive because when he just said, Yo, we need to change what we're doing in hip hop this and that if he don't say a name that's attached to it, it ain't nothing he and unfortunately he realizes that and that's what happens, and a lot of a lot of people say it to theyself. Damn, I been trying to do it the right way on long time. So let me just pick up a be I got. I got dudes who built their whole life on YouTube talking about me.
Speaker 4: I never respond, never had a conversation.
Speaker 3: But just because they built a website or whatever, and decided he was gonna talk about me. People tune in every week and it's the strange and shit to me. And but but that's what the culture has celebrated because that's where the money is. Is the fact that you got niggas like academics in them that nothing but talk about people, and they literally have been rated the top hip hop.
Speaker 4: What in hip hop? Just think, just think about how funny that is.
Speaker 1: I feel that's crazy to me.
Speaker 3: Like we was born in hip hop, like we was bred nigga. I went from battles in the park our battle DMX. I bet anybody you know you know we were. We had to go through, we had to go through the trenches. I know everything about hip hop from the eighties. That man don't know nothing about hip hop. I don't know. But he could get on a platform and just talk and create beef for niggas and they say that he dictates what hip hop is. So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: If we you we ran a fuck that place, bro, If that's what dictates hip hop, were the.
Speaker 4: Place, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I see the clips of act I really don't pay attention some of them are entertaining some of them, I du listen to. I'm not gonna lie. But when he when he talking that hood gang ship, I don't. I don't get in that because that's not his life. So I don't like when niggas promote something they don't know nothing about.
Speaker 3: But it's the only clips you see is when he's talking about somebody else. It's never a clip you see where he's just giving you.
Speaker 1: I like his clips where he's breaking down the music.
Speaker 3: But he's breaking down the music and he always be like, well, this is not that good and that person is this good, and he can't complete with that because he always needs some conflict for the clips to go viral.
Speaker 4: But and they figured that out.
Speaker 1: I'm not defending act don't don't don't. I'm not.
Speaker 2: Nobody will take that the wrong way because I want to have a sit down with him the way he shoot at my team too. I want to have that.
Speaker 4: I don't even want to sit there listen.
Speaker 1: But this is my thing, right.
Speaker 2: But I think the people like academics Whack one hundred, a lot of people might not understand them and get their message to Charleston Whites. To me, they needed bro they're needed. They are the new generation. Wendy Williams, starn Buck Wild, Miss Jones. They it's the same thing they were just on the airwaves.
Speaker 3: But I don't I don't think it's the same because even when you're talking about we weren't.
Speaker 2: Gang members back then, bro, but they was talking about all the negativity that.
Speaker 4: But the segitivity too though there was there was a balance.
Speaker 1: I give you.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. There's no better. I asked. I had this conversation with Flip.
Speaker 3: I said, Flip, tell me one thing positive that act has done for him, but this one. Tell me one interview anything, one positive thing, show me one positive clip.
Speaker 2: I don't follow the kids, but that's what I'm saying. Did this I watched, I said, I'm a clip watch.
Speaker 4: I'm just asking you.
Speaker 3: When you watch it, you'll see him break down an hour because but I'm talking about something positive. You if you a millionaire and you ain't even never threw a barbecue in the hood and get you.
Speaker 4: Tell niggas you got twenty minis, I made this money. You ain't give kids no pencils in the hood.
Speaker 1: But he from a hood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what he's saying for the saying from Jersey you have not even from the hood.
Speaker 4: You ain't say yo.
Speaker 3: You know what, We're gonna do something positive, were gon. We're gonna promote somebody. We're gonna do something on the strength like I want to see. I think for me right, I'm at a stage in my life where I've seen so many different things and I understand what the average person is dealing with in our communities, and I know how they grab one to bullshit if that's all you.
Speaker 4: Give them, because is trash.
Speaker 3: So this is the new Niggas are streaming all day like a B and the getting I'm happy to see a B changing his life, but I'm watching a B and I'm rooting for a B to.
Speaker 1: Be a B.
Speaker 2: But listen that nigga better loan me his trainer for two months.
Speaker 1: Gotta funck that nigga lost that stomach in one.
Speaker 4: With a gott.
Speaker 3: You don't got nobody, but that's what I want to see. I'm so angry that all we promote is degeneracy in our culture, bro like, because we were.
Speaker 4: Way better than that fact. And I hated that fact.
Speaker 3: That we had to watch a B drunk every day looking crazy because that's not that man was a champion.
Speaker 1: But people watching them clean up, and I love that.
Speaker 4: I want that's.
Speaker 2: I love that they wanted to get right and get back because I'm watching I didn't watch the drunk.
Speaker 3: One of the boxer like that man was seriously a great boxer. That's a fact they wanted. And I'm glad he's switching the table. But that's what I want to see. That's I want to see us promoting the positivity.
Speaker 1: Chubby up here, like you know, like DJ Diesel and I'm like, Nigga, you ain't document none of this.
Speaker 4: Should have he should have.
Speaker 2: Like that's the ship we got to put in the communite that we better take a care of my whalthy.
Speaker 4: But who's going to promote it?
Speaker 3: Right, we don't even have We don't even got our own platforms or nothing to wear black beneficial power and that excellent thing is promoted.
Speaker 1: Is that anything? Think we tried when Jay tried to launch title everybody bashed them but killed them for that.
Speaker 3: Listen, that's part of the game that he knows heavy as they had that.
Speaker 4: Because the thing is.
Speaker 3: Doing something different, you're going to get st you're going to get destructured the white people own everything.
Speaker 4: That's how you think that.
Speaker 3: You're gonna take all of your black star power bring all them. Nah, hell no, We're gonna do everything we possibly can to deter that.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing right there, us as a community, right, if we know that, then why we won't all rallied behind each other and push that narrative so we could change.
Speaker 3: It because a lot of us are just followers of the structure, right, and and what happens is they're not enough of us that's willing to just keep on going because I say, that's a lot of people periods. That's what I'm saying when we talk about I don't know this and I'm gonna keep it up. I don't know no black leader that we had that at some point they didn't say it was the sellout, not one.
Speaker 1: That's a fact.
Speaker 3: And so I said, Jackson and every person that fought for us with a seller. And then you know what, I started paying attention to So God bless his dad, one of my mentors, how Belafonte, right, And I don't see people too many people ever say he sold up, but I watched him transition for the last ten years of his life. And then they put out a documentary of him and they showed about four decades of him right like and I watched him this age and he had this energy like he was grabbing the young activists like, yo, we gotta find a gender, We gotta be out there fighting y'all out there protests, and this is how you gotta do it. He was teaching them, and then every generation he lost a little bit of energy because it was like, this is the same shit over and over. We are we on a treadmill, like these niggs ain't gonna really let us get nowhere, and that's what starts happening. You got people that be fighting, and then you were like, what the fuck am I fighting for? Because the same people I'm fighting for is trying to kill me. And then you say, fuck that. You know what, I'm gonna go over here, make sure me and my family is good. And then once you do that, they gonna say you so no, my nigga. Even when he took about all shots, I ain't gonna mean to cut you. You may got locked up over fifty times. He did a bunch of times in jail, got shots that all types of shit. Nobody talks about that. They just called him minute. You don't realize all the shit he sacrificed. The average nigga never sacrificed.
Speaker 2: Like Muhammad Ali. That's what I respect. Nobody understands that and I sacrifice.
Speaker 3: You sit there and call a nigga sell out that you didn't do one percent of what he did.
Speaker 4: That how are people?
Speaker 2: So let me ask you what that being said, how you feel about the Kapernick slammer that they give Jay. We're dealing with the NFL, because to me, let me just tell you me my point of view and my my perspectives. God, like I spoke like, not like I spoke to Jay. I didn't hear this from Jay. We don't talk about this. These are not his words. So don't think that this is my opinion. If you your choice is I'm gonna make this movement, and that choice cast you your job right, and then an artist that you don't know, didn't grow up with, don't own you, no allegiance nothing, come and take a deal with the NFL.
Speaker 1: How've went down? I don't know. I'm not in the meetings.
Speaker 2: But to change the halftime the narrative of black culture, whatever they was, they was pushing their agenda.
Speaker 1: You know what, it was probably more than me.
Speaker 2: But my thing is, if your teammates didn't follow you, why should Jay have to follow you?
Speaker 1: Why is he wrong?
Speaker 2: They continue to play and still play to this day, but because Jay do a halftime show, he's wrong.
Speaker 3: Let me let me let me give you my perspective from the inside, okay, right, so that your your your perspective is a perspective. Don't know if I would exactly agree with that to the fullest extant, but I'm giving you from the inside.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: So when the whole cabinick thing first started, my organization WILL was one of the first organizations to protest with Kaepernick. Like we went to the NFL, had a big protest outside the NFL downtown. We was at the headquarters, like we spearheaded all of that. We was on the emails with Kaepernick like I was front line.
Speaker 4: I had I'm with capped T shirts.
Speaker 3: I remember all that the NFL, Like I was to the point where there was a time like when they was doing the Super Bowl and the Battle Rappers.
Speaker 4: This is my niggas.
Speaker 3: They did a commercial for the NFL like they always Battle Rapping and the audishit and these is my niggas and I went online, It's like, your niggas really selling us out. We boycott the NFL, and yet they y'all really they really paid y'all to do this. And Kay Shin, who was my man, me and him almost got into a situation in the club. We in the strip club and he walked up to me like, yo, you're attacking it and we faced and face. I'm like, my nigga, this is what we're doing, Like nah, but we don't know nothing about that. I'm a nigga from the hood, just trying. And I said, I have to respect that and I love you. And we had both of our teams together. We had to say now that sh it ain't like that. This is my brother. But it caused tension. So I was really in this shit for real, right, So we going back and forth and we're trying to boycott this and that. I see Jay come in. He got the cabinick jersey. He front and center with it. One day, Kaepernick stopped answering nigga's phone calls were on the line, like we didn't we planned the next action.
Speaker 4: We're on the email.
Speaker 3: They like your caperin Nigga's not answering nobody's emails no more.
Speaker 4: He done left the group chats, damn, and niggas just.
Speaker 1: Like, what do you mean, Yeah, I don't know about it.
Speaker 3: I said this, what I'm saying this this, I'm telling you this for a fact. I know this for a fact. So I'm like, what you mean he left it? Like we don't know And this happened for weeks. Like you can ask top activists. A lot of them don't say nothing, but a lot of them know this shit happened, damn. So I'm like, what you mean he left the group chat. He's like nah, They like he just went solid on us. And then next thing you know, we've seen Kaepernick has a settlement. He got a settlement. They say he signed to NDA, and I'm like, he didn't tell us.
Speaker 1: He didn't.
Speaker 3: So you saying that we did all of this shit, that nigga sacrifice and beefing with other niggas and were doing all the shit, and a nigga we sacrificed for just disappeared from the movement and didn't even notify us to say you, look, I'm gonna take this because you got the right to take the.
Speaker 4: See right, nigga, this is your job.
Speaker 3: Like everybody said, Yo, he took a settlement for it and I and he should have took a settlement because they owed him his money, but he owed us, the people that sacrifice with him, the right and just the heads up to say this is what we're doing. This shit is because we can't for a movement for you without you.
Speaker 1: I can't fight I can't for you for you.
Speaker 3: If you can't say no, you're not saying you can't even if you don't want to say noing whatever it is, we can't fight you the face of this ship. We because we need to be able to be at the press conference what you was saying. We got Kavnick here and we're standing with him in the NFL need to do him right.
Speaker 4: So now we don't.
Speaker 3: Even got the evidence that you got that they said that they colluded and did this ship. You can't even present that to the public normal. You can't even expose the NFL for the ship they did wrong. So how can we help you? And you left us in the fucking trenches with nothing. So now I'm saying, Tom, I'm i suld of God, I'm on to I'm like, y'all serious, like this happened at Charlotte Charlamage to tell you it's niggas will tell you that this literally happened. And I was so confused. So when Jaye did it, I'm like, well, niggas gotta figure out how do we salvage some of the ship to where we just ain't left in the trenches with nothing. Because if you put your face and your your your capital, your your your celebrity capital on the line to stay with a nigga and he just damn and then there how am I mad at him for saying, okay, fuck that we're gonna get something out of this. That's right, right, We're gonna Black people are gonna get something out of this because we didn't do all of this, come this all this way for him to just take a settlement and we didn't get nothing like that because I didn't think that's what it was about. And even if it was, that was about, tell us that's what it's about so we could fall back and that's and that's for me. And it's like, and I knew this for years and I keep get a niggas say this, I'm like, yo, niggas dire Nick Kaepernick left us in the trenches. Bro, this was all He was the general of the army and left the fucking on me in the trenches and idea nigga to tell me I'm lying.
Speaker 4: This is on my kids. I did, nigga tell me I'm mind, and that shit hurt me because I'm a and I still love what he does to this day. Bro, I love he got there.
Speaker 3: I know your rights, and I'm not saying anything against what he sacrificed, even he just paid for the young boys autopsy, all these things. I love what he does, but I just don't like this narrative that niggas did dirty by him when he literally left, and and if that's what you wanted to do, I'm just saying I would have never did That's right. I just would have never left niggas that followed me and was willing to sacrifice for me because you sacrificed.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: So if I sacrifice, if I see you sacrifice it, and I decided that I'm gonna sacrifice with you, I'm gonna least say you look, yo, we're gonna take this settlement.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna be to say nothing.
Speaker 3: Give me a hand he met To this day, there's never been a conversation, and he acts like he mad with everybody else. And I'm so confused with that sh bro No for real, to be honest, that shit bothers me to this day. And I got love for the man because the way he sacrificed. When I was watching that man kneel at them games and I knew he was taking all that ship, I was like, Yo, I'm.
Speaker 4: Riding with him. What I gotta do. I don't care.
Speaker 3: I love NFL, but I'm not watching that ship. I'm not buying that. I'm not fucking with niggas like that's.
Speaker 1: How I ride. I ride with you. I'm wrong with you.
Speaker 4: So for you to leave us like that, that ship just didn't make sense to me.
Speaker 3: And I'm it's tired of the narrative that keep getting spread that niggas did this to that didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: It just gad you explain that because they was trying to crucify me like I did the Morning show where merrow in them on Hot ninety seven.
Speaker 4: I forgot the female name. You remember my name, Chico.
Speaker 2: God blessed me, beautiful, But you're still beautiful, but she tried to crucify me with the cap shit like no, no, no, it wasn't. That's I know NASA shoutow nests. I knew nests before she became his wife. I had, you know what I mean, matter before. But I'm glad you brought it, brought some light to some insight to it, rather not even like because they've been crucifying Jay, like as if he went to the NFL and told them, yo, move home, me out the way I got this and the didn't happen.
Speaker 3: Like what I would say is that I think he could have phrased it. We done kneeling shit better, like I said, And I had that with this. I said, look, Bro done it like he didn't have to say that. He could have just said, look, we listen, Kaepernick is here. He done what he did on We're just trying to move and do something else. You know, we're trying to provide a different situation. But the dune nil and it just came across as a way. And that's just like, and I can say I disagree with Bro.
Speaker 1: I could disagree with many things Jay said.
Speaker 2: It's just like when I just slipped up and said man fuck act of it, Like, I'm pretty sure what he meant wasn't how it was.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. That mean And we got to give our people enough grace. Of the problem is that we don't give our people. No, we don't. We don't look at the resume in totality and we just look at It's just like if a nigga got five championships and we lose that one game, I just want I got five chips, You forgot them chips over Yep. That's how it is. You just as good as your last. But that's just our culture, bro.
Speaker 2: I believe that's just in our community, because we the only culture that you're guilty even after your proven innocent.
Speaker 3: Even other another reason why, because we don't control the narrative. We don't control our own narrative. They get to control what gets pushed to the people. They control the media, like we got a president that does the This nigga is the biggest scammer in the world.
Speaker 4: And they'll tell you what I've never seen no ship like yo.
Speaker 2: But listening in front of you like list But I'm being honest, I know it's gonna be I'm not I'm not Republican, I'm not Democrat, but now you gotta respect it.
Speaker 1: Man here in New York, nigga, he's that bag right.
Speaker 2: If you put a hustler for one of my marks niggas in that office, they could do the same.
Speaker 3: But they couldn't do the same thing because if a black Spanish nigga try to do that ship, you've been in jail the first day, like you've been in jail the first day. So that's what I just would. I wouldn't respect that. We could do that if you gave if you said, yo, look this ship is easy. Everybody could do it.
Speaker 1: Give us the.
Speaker 3: Same playing field, then I'm cool with it. But try y'all can't keep controlling the playing field. Y'all get to control who gets this. Y'all can get control what message gets put out. Y'all get nah my, nigga. That's that's what white supremacy does. And we we and a lot of us don't even understand why it's planning. We ain't no fucking white people.
Speaker 2: Get your people that say it's no racism, it doesn't like it don't exist.
Speaker 1: Like it don't exist. You fucking kidding me.
Speaker 2: I deal with it every day, every day, every day, every.
Speaker 4: Day, and it's like, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So that's what it is, and it's like and that's why I understand where we are and understand that we don't have the time to be beef on.
Speaker 4: I'm not unless you somebody effect that.
Speaker 3: I can say that you've never done nothing positive and I don't know what you add.
Speaker 4: I'm not beefing with another black No, if.
Speaker 1: It don't affect my family, on my money.
Speaker 3: If it's not affecting the bottom line of the coach, if you're not doing some shit that that's directly is going to impact us in.
Speaker 4: A negative way.
Speaker 3: You might say something different than our say just like when you said what you said, I said, let me hear bleak exactly. But that's what man, I ain't going online. I say, Yo, what bleak trying to say? Nigga, that's You're not gonna get that from me.
Speaker 1: Because that's when you know me and we need thirty years. You know. That's not what I'm meant.
Speaker 4: That's not how I feel.
Speaker 1: I love my pig. I want to see us when they can't wait.
Speaker 4: You know how many people just kept sending me that ship? So what I'm sorted to go up there and bash bleak there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's what I'm saying, because they were so quick to do that, that's right that we don't do that.
Speaker 1: I just we need to be quick.
Speaker 4: Even when Jay did that.
Speaker 3: So I'm in the I'm inside the state there when he's talking about the target ship, right, so knowing that we did the target boy yeah, and he like, it's you know, is it this or that? Niggas can't wait for so niggas hear me, like, so, what you want to say here talking about to talk to the boycott?
Speaker 4: How you feel about that?
Speaker 3: I said, well, I don't agree with what he said, but I still love Jay and I can disagree with you.
Speaker 4: And I actually wrote a letter to Jay.
Speaker 1: You don't have to agree whatever, you don't have.
Speaker 4: To And that's that's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 1: Nobody.
Speaker 4: I don't have a niggas like Yo, you can't talk nigga.
Speaker 3: Don't have a relationship with a nigga that I can't disagree with, a fat grown, a dope mask a fact. I've never had to bite my tongue to nobody. There's nobody that's above reproach and above critique to me and then if I love you, I'm gonna tell me that because I want you to be better, hurts you. And even if you disagree with me and we can have a disagreement and I can still love you.
Speaker 1: Hashtag non dependence.
Speaker 4: That's youall situation. I watch that. Y'all can fix that too, because I don't even know where that should come from.
Speaker 1: And you know what it is.
Speaker 4: That's another thing.
Speaker 3: Right when I watch the fifty in jay ship, because it's fifty j ship, right, I'm gonna say it that way, it's because they've taught I will culture that can only.
Speaker 1: Be one person.
Speaker 2: So I remember they our coach is that that is the living example of breaking Bobby. But if you ain't number one, if you ain't number Wayne said, if you if you ain't number one, you number two.
Speaker 3: Or it's crazy because these are two fucking icons that did they ship and both did it their own way. They're both moving, both successful. Imagine both of them at Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 4: Imagine happen.
Speaker 3: I can just imagine, Yeah, imagine them niggas doing something new like But that's but that's that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: They told our culture that only one person can be at the top and I gotta shoot at you, and I got to shoot at you, and we can't be friends because the people need to see that conflict in a minute that they think that we men died the thing, then there's.
Speaker 1: No more use to this is the thing though.
Speaker 2: I never I watched the gun their movement from the beginning to where they are now, and they come on they doing the television thing got the lyric that got the spirits, just like us doing anything. Bro, I never watched the man pocket a day in my life. I never cared how you paid your bills or why. As long as you did, it's all that matters to me. So for a person to sit there and wonder how I pay my bills on the strength of whoever, Bro, I gotta speak on that, because I'm not.
Speaker 3: Saying you you're supposed to speak on you defend yourself and not deal with you. Don't tolerate disrespect. I'm just saying, why is it the disrespect? But I want to get to the route right, because it ain't really don't so crazy. Ain't nobody shooting nobody, A nobody kill nobody. But you know what's so crazy? It's some unit, some shit that was created to keep people separated, especially keep our people.
Speaker 2: Saying, like I told you, I have a I sit down on this couch. I sat down on this couch with many people that we disagreed with. When the Warway had problems, I spoke to Gym Cam. I got mad people up here.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: I invited Uncle Murder here before all this shit happened. Remember me and Uncle Murda got a relationship. Invited him and he denied. Did Tony ye yo know he could come up here and have a man in man conversation with me anytime he won. I'm never gonna dede that, and we could settle whatever did. But it's not no beef.
Speaker 4: It's not.
Speaker 3: It's just it's not even I think it's like I said, it's a conflict that comes from just status and feeling like it can only be one number one, Like I don't. I never felt like that. And I'm so mad that I was. Culture pushes that ship.
Speaker 1: It's whack, it's whack. I'm mad.
Speaker 3: That's my best moment was watching Jay and I's come on that stage, even though the day three was crazy, just watching all of the fucking but that moment, right there, my nigga. I literally had a tea in my eye. I was sitting next to Joe Hip Hop.
Speaker 4: Joe was in.
Speaker 3: Joe's fucking Sweet and I looked at Joe fat me looked at each other.
Speaker 4: And we you know, and I was like, Yo, my nigga, this is jay.
Speaker 3: Z ands on stage. And that's what this ship is. Niggas crazy from the trenches ad living for each other. It could be to the wrapping on each other, beast nigga, and they know they they niggas know that in their own perspectives they are great.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: And they don't feel no.
Speaker 3: They come to the point in understanding like, nigga, I can be great along with you being great.
Speaker 2: That's a facus. So now, like I said out here, it's enough room, enough money.
Speaker 4: Is doing entrepreneurship. Casinos.
Speaker 1: They even trying to battle them with the casinos because.
Speaker 3: That's what they want. They can't wait to pick us against you.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: No matter what you do, they bat they gonna Yo. So what's next for you, my g what's the next move for my guy?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I'm doing a lot of activism. Shout out to the mayor of New York. You know, I was working the whole transition team as the world I forgot you was with the may running around, yeah, working on the criminal justice perform and also community safety. So I really just want to What I want to do is create centers, like not even schools, but centers for young average young boys, because a lot of our kids don't want to go to school.
Speaker 1: That's what they want.
Speaker 3: They want careers, right, So I want to have them centers to where you got career training, you know, teaching them how to do anything they want. You got sports in there, you got mentors in there to where it's at home, that's facing where they could come and they feel comfortable. Because I realized some shit with my ten year old was taking when he was I think he was eight or nine, I was taking them to school and he's just started crying, right and I'm like, what the fuck are you crying for? And he's like, cause I don't want to go to school. I said, why you don't want to go? He said, because I don't really learn in school. I said, they want he said, they want me to sit down.
Speaker 4: I learned off the world.
Speaker 3: I learned off just being outside the energy, just seeing different things, and they just want me to sit and it's cheat and be quiet all day. And that's not how I feel comfortable. And that's how multiple I never felt comfortable like learning like that.
Speaker 2: And that's crazy to say that I went to a center as a kid like that. When I used to go visit my grandmoms in Brownsville called the BRC. They know, it's crazy. As a shorty. They had the sports, the basketball, they had the baseball shit, they had the business classes in there.
Speaker 1: They had everything.
Speaker 2: And so when you talking about it's like word, I remember seeing shit like that.
Speaker 3: Sure like, and you you got the right people in there. You got mentors, you got men like us to understand what they're going to. You know they they ain't got some stiff white man trying to tell him to shut up because he don't even identify for who the fuck they are. Because I remember I was in third grade. My third grade teacher told me I'd be dead before I was eighteen. Looked me dead in my face.
Speaker 4: You'll be dead.
Speaker 3: Before you was eighteen, damn. And Chris white Man, look, he was so serious about that shit. Bro, that's crazy what I'm saying. So if we don't got us teaching us and we don't got us, you know, mentoring us and putting us in the right direction, then we we doomed to fail. So I want to create that, Like I know, it's a lot of at risk and its energy right, especially these young gang members, they just got misdirected, these as leaders with misdirected energy. To John O'Brien, he said, a drug dealer is just a misdirected business person. You know, he understands im poor export, he understands how to negotiate.
Speaker 4: So when you show him all you put him in the.
Speaker 3: Right that's Jay shows you that even fifty showed you that you took them niggas out of the element, and you give him that same skills, saying you put him into corporate.
Speaker 4: Offices, they gonna win.
Speaker 3: So I want to be able to captivate that these young kids early because I have had seminars with principles.
Speaker 4: It's asking me, why can't we keep these young.
Speaker 3: Blacks because we young black boys have the lowest graduation, Like why we can't keep them? Because you don't have anything that is So I want to create that for them. I want because I know what we could do when you give us. We shouldn't have to.
Speaker 4: Go to jail and then figure it out and come home.
Speaker 3: Nah, because if you give us the opportunities and you steer us in the right direction and we see.
Speaker 4: How we can, we're gonna win.
Speaker 3: If the playing field is even, we're gonna win every time. That's a fact, you know. So that's what I really want to focus on. I'm putting on working on some more music. So you be still got the bars listen in shop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, we gotta.
Speaker 4: Get the studio, man, We owe that.
Speaker 2: We owe that for one time, right, come on, one time, my time, one man.
Speaker 1: Man, Yo, I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Love man, you know that always loves anytime you got anything to dress, say my doors, open my platform.
Speaker 4: We gotta put you up on our platform. Let's me do my gym. Some questions for Yeah, she gonna drill.
Speaker 1: I gotta go. I gotta go, sar.
Speaker 2: I gotta train like Rocky in the snow like he fighting Drago because to me because serious.
Speaker 4: But yeah, man, you gotta come up.
Speaker 1: And let's get it.
Speaker 2: My brother, love you you, my brother. Keep doing your thing. Man, boy back murder all of you. Shout out my song. You know what it is We got it for life and I love activism.
Speaker 1: Don't ever get it twisted.
Speaker 4: He loved activisms. Don't send me that video.
Speaker 2: No more exactly just you jay Z Chumps, Stay out Dimensions. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows at and you can follow me on any social media platform under the name Memphis Bleach.
Speaker 1: You see anybody fraud in flagging