Speaker 1: He is drinks Chests, motherfucking podcast.
Speaker 2: Mai.
Speaker 1: He's a Legends every Queens rapper. He ain't agreed as your boy in O r E. He's a Miami hip hop mayonneer put up as d j e f N.
Speaker 2: Together they drink it up with some.
Speaker 1: Of the biggest players, you know what I mean. And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink chants, mother fucking post for every day is New year.
Speaker 2: Ce Listen, It's time for Drink Champions. Drink up, motherfucking mother. Would it good? Be hoping he's gonna super This.
Speaker 1: Is your boy in O r E as good as dj e f N. This Drink Champs hour, make some NU.
Speaker 2: I want to listen with this guest that we're about to introduce. The last time he came on our show, he said, brothers, we gotta go back to Africa. And it seems like since then, people are going back to Africa. They going back to Nigeria, Ghana. It's so many different places that we gotta go. I know you've been to South Africa. Well, uh, this man, we just went through his disciography and when I tell you he got hits upon his like, he almost reminds me of the Seal of this generation. You know how Seal no one, no one gave a fuck with what race Seal was. He just made the best music and everybody said, Pucket, you roll with Seal. Goddamn it. He is the Seal and this generation. He got the illes hair cut in the world right now, hit after hit, when my first time going to Africa, I'm going with him? I see he just went with Earn your lesions.
Speaker 1: Did y'all go to Africa?
Speaker 2: Actually Africa? Oh wow, we're gonna get into that. We're gonna get into everything. But Casey, I don't know who we told about. We talking about the one, the only motherfucker car, the eight car. It's you know, it was very interesting going through the discography and I'm listening to Locked Up right because when I googled you, one of the things that popped up was they said you was a professional card and you kind of set it on Locked Up just now said you said my car is.
Speaker 1: Ain't gonna registration. You know you were.
Speaker 2: But because when when you google you, that's actually something that comes up that says that, yeah, I believe you said it on a different platform. So you used to this is a new Jersey imagine.
Speaker 1: New Jersey drive drive.
Speaker 2: So what happened? Someone come up to you and say, let's just because because you're a sophisticated car still like you wasn't like popping ship. You was changing the serial numbers. And she's like that is that true?
Speaker 1: It was a.
Speaker 2: Just expect that every time.
Speaker 1: How did that happen?
Speaker 3: Well, getting back to the past, it was like I was never the kind of person when it came to some you know what's interesting, Like I think I say the word that I was. I kind of used the excuse that I was surviving because it made me feel better about it.
Speaker 1: But that was nothing for me to about.
Speaker 3: It was nothing really for me to survive because my parents was actually really wealthy. You know, we lived like I was, and I was living in Jersey. We lived in a three story house, just me and my older brother, you know what I'm saying, So we have a house to ourselves now when I think about it, we were just bored as hell looking at something, you know what I'm saying. But what was interesting was as I started watching a lot of my homies, you know, they selling drugs and I didn't understand, like, why such hard labor for no money? These niggas would be like on a corner rain seat, sleek hell Snow. I was born in Senegue in St. Louis Louis, Saint Louis, but then I was raising Senegal.
Speaker 2: Raised, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: Were you there when I was a Senegalgue from birth? What was borron in Senegalue? I mean Saint Louis shipped Senegal. Then when I was about seven and eight, that's when my mom and pop brought us back to the States to go to school, and every summer we would go back to Senegalue.
Speaker 1: Wow, So he wanted to pretty much, my dad just wanted to make sure he was all born in the US.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: He's always fought with thinking since then.
Speaker 2: He wanted to have a US pastor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he wanted us to be a citizen so we would never have immigration issues. So he was always thinking about the future, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So when I came here, just it was just a matter of adopting. And I think a lot of my choices came from just wanting to be a you know, accepted amongst the crowd. So that's how I got caught into, you know, all the things that I got caught into, including cars, because cars made me feel special.
Speaker 1: You know, I was young. I can drive into the most elite vehicles.
Speaker 3: And then I read with the you know, the scenarrative that I was an African prince, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So he was using that back then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, after coming to America, Yeah, you know what I'm saying, that's a motivator.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was working at this barber shop man, and you know, I met this Jamaican dude that was like yo, you know, you know, he was in the cars and I was like, man, every time I see you in a different car. And one day he's like a rude boy, let me show you something, you know. He took me to the spot, took me.
Speaker 1: I was like wow.
Speaker 3: I was mesmerized, and I was like how much of these? He was like twenty five hundred dollars apiece? I said what how is that? And he showed me the whole layout, and before you know it, I just copied and paste and.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So now, yeah, well, now like literally every other month now I would come to school in a different car and they was like yo where you know. I was like, heah, I'm an African print and they believe it because of the weapon I was driving. And so then I said, this could be something, you know, that I can actually make a career out of. Now that's how I'm thinking back then. So I was just trying to figure out the best way to do it. Then that's when Atlanta hit me because I was getting out of high school, graduating. My mops and my mom's in Atlanta because my dad was a professor doing culture exchange at Clark Atlanta University. And that's when they just had the Olympics going over there with Freaknick and everything, you know what I'm saying. So when I went out there, I saw all these just young black just really successful black people. I ain't seen that many black people successful in one city since New.
Speaker 2: York, you know what I'm saying. It was even Africa.
Speaker 3: Well nah, because I wasn't there long enough to understand what that was at that time, you know. So, but so that was just different. But I saw a lot of new athletes coming out, a lot of artists out there, and then everybody was driving. So I was like, this could be the spot you know. So that's where I just set up shop in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Driving it was looking for it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, y'all paying three Well, at that time, one hundred one hundred fifty thousand was probably the emotional pay for a car, but those was even the super high line because at that time even ninety thousand dollars was a lot for a Porsche.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So if I can get it to you for like ten grand, you know you.
Speaker 1: Was legit into that? Oh no, I was.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like a past sign for a teenager to day, it was.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: It became a real It became a real occupation for me because I started finding ins and outs, like most people will go out jack people for cars, and then of course me, it was always the biggest profit for the less jail time. So I started studying the law and I realized, man, joy riding charge is a misdemeanor.
Speaker 1: You get out the same day.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: But the only way you can get hit for a joy riding charge you actually have to have the key. So if you actually have the key in the car, it's considered.
Speaker 1: The joy riding. So I was like, if I can just get for kees a car exactly secrets other people still tell you.
Speaker 3: Now the stuff back then you can't even do it today. Now you got a navigation, you got on all you got cars on your phone, you could track your vehicle. So it's like, you know, so the so the crazy part. So what I ended up doing was I started going to the dealership and start peeling keys and pretty much what that means, like, you know, you're just going if you see a key on the table, you just grab that, bad boy, go to the bathroom, hit the click, see which one opens up, and if the car light up, jump in and.
Speaker 1: Pull out right at the dealer.
Speaker 3: At the dealership, because you understand, car dealerships is mad busy all the time.
Speaker 2: They're not even thinking about it.
Speaker 1: They see you in a car pull out, I think, do you think you test driving or something? Well, you might have just purchasedtomer.
Speaker 2: So after a.
Speaker 1: While they start seeing my face come through all the time, they said, well who So every time my face got burnt out. Then I had to get another car dealership to go to.
Speaker 3: But then after while it was only but so many car dealerships, and I had to find a whole new method. Then I start hitting the valet parking. That's what the business was because.
Speaker 2: He was putting the valet jacket on. No, okay, that was a great hold.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea. It actually ain't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really ain't because what happens is clearly like, first of all, it's not it's not easy to get up valet.
Speaker 1: Jacket that matches the car that you're doing. That's the one. They know each other and they all know, so they'd be like, Yo, who are you the cabinet right now.
Speaker 2: With your jacket? All right?
Speaker 3: So I took the I took the diplomat diplomatic approach. I said, you know, let me just negotiate with these days, yo, how much, like do you actually make? How much are they paying you? They was making like, you know, fifty dollars a week plus tips.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, well, even with tips, how much you actually make? They said, well, pulling off maybe two hundred.
Speaker 1: Dollars a week.
Speaker 3: I said, all right, cool, if I give you one thousand dollars a week, one thousand dollars a week guaranteed, you just give me the spare key of any car that got a spare in it.
Speaker 2: Wow, And you don't take it there you take it where they go away.
Speaker 1: Boom. If you can do that for me every time you get just give me.
Speaker 2: A call and all I.
Speaker 3: Need is the key and a piece of male out there with an address. Wow, that's all I needed, so boom, they would get that to me.
Speaker 1: I just wait, maybe a week two weeks later, pull up late night, carby park right.
Speaker 3: There in the front, jump in out and that was it, like it was a real business. But then don't forget. You still have to get the paperwork done for you gotta get vend numbers and all that. But so the beginning, you're just selling hot cars. You get caught, bros. Drive your own risk, all right, the car's only five hundred dollars though, like just these are squatters, right, But then once you build a bit of money, create them pawn shop. I mean, I'm the what do you call it?
Speaker 2: Chop shot.
Speaker 3: So then I had a chop shot where I had some Mexicans over there that was super dope cars. Mexicans, you know, big up to the Mexicans. They would chop it up for me. Change the serious numbers. Then I had to get it registered.
Speaker 1: This where the finesse has to it has to come back.
Speaker 3: So I would go to DMV and I would just look for the most vulnerable, insecure, overweight check.
Speaker 2: I about to go to hell.
Speaker 3: So you know, but you know, you know, you just vancessar. You know, take out to eat set the dream. You know, you just dangled the carrot dough. You never beat, you never hit it.
Speaker 1: You just always make her believe that one day it's gonna go down.
Speaker 3: And she is just doing anything for you. So I was like, look, baby, you know right now I'm going through some things. You know, I got a few vehicles that I got, but you know, they ain't paid me for it just came off the truck. She was completely dreamed like Green didn't have no clue. I just need you to get these registered for you man. You know, every time I sell one, I just give you some money out of it. And that's all it took.
Speaker 1: And before you know what, every.
Speaker 3: Call we got shopped it, got it registered. Then now we're in business. By the time we started selling Atlanta, it wasn't not nobody that was coming through Atlanta wouldn't getting cast from us.
Speaker 2: But let me ask you, how if you ever got caught, how would you get caught? How would the police.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the thing, like, I okay, and that was a mistake that I made, Okay, but normally I wouldn't. I never really get caught because I always went through middleman, so I was just a supplier and I would give it to the purpose that would go out and sell it out. My only rule was don't sell squadners to dope boys because that's how you get fucked up. Like, don't whatever you do, don't sell us no drug dealers because the problem with them is they drive in any conditions. They moved, they dried and dirty, like, they give you all the reasons for them to start investigating. So after so many dope boys get caught, then now they're like, okay, well all these cars are kind of they can start following situations before you know it leads all back down to them and then they don't rat you out in time.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what ended up happening.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so dope boy got caught in the car and said I got it from the Prinson's of Munda.
Speaker 3: Well to see what saying me was the fact that I never really met the customer. So when we so when we went to trial, because I ended up getting to trial. Nobody recognized me, so my attorney was just super amazing. He was like, look, man, you know he's he's a customer like they are.
Speaker 1: I didn't even.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I didn't know what my car was even stolen. I was just driving. I thought I thought it was legit. Way over it happened again. That was once in a lifetime opportunity.
Speaker 2: Do you see, like, uh, let's get straight to it.
Speaker 1: Man. You always getting straight to.
Speaker 2: What's beautiful music that you've made. I'm trying to think, who the hell about you at Versus?
Speaker 3: I know they've been you know what, actually Swiss talking to my little brother about it. We talked to about it, and Boo kind of hinted it to me, but I was just never I don't know. I think I think the I love Versus to watch it, but I think some legends and they're right. I thought it was a mistake for them to get on it, because I think sometimes when you contribute to a culture this big, your music.
Speaker 1: Should never be compared.
Speaker 3: It should be more celebrated than, you know, competed to an extent. I know maybe in the beginning it partly wasn't meant to be competition, but it's now turned into a battle, and I don't want to put myself in a position where I'm kind of relinquishing someone else's legacy because I really don't believe there's too many people that can go against.
Speaker 2: Me, so basically, you're going against yourself. That was the most humblest I've heard. It was at the same time, but off top, which would be dope. A lot of people always compare Little Wayne's Drake, and they said if they would do it together.
Speaker 1: But it wouldn't work because Bill Rain found Drake.
Speaker 2: That's like pain. I gave him all my secrets. I gave them all my resources I created. That's don't come against me.
Speaker 1: If anything, I'm a sick T paint on everybody else past him.
Speaker 2: Then you get to me, You and T paying double teams. I like that.
Speaker 3: Now that'll work me and T paining together against somebody else all day because he paint love that kind of smoke.
Speaker 1: I got goose bumps. You know what I'm saying, Double team.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that man, because that's too gosket agast lights again. No no, no, you ain't his dosk okay hold on because no should be r and B singers. I mean, you can't be Chris Brown. This is the thing Chris Brown Usher that's.
Speaker 3: That honestly would be I would love to watch that myself. I would not, That's what I'm saying, Like I love to be entertained by. But it's also that fear right because what Usher built, Like sometimes what the scariest.
Speaker 1: Part he might come out with rod That's cool, he was on. But see this, this is the thing, right this generation don't appreciate music the way our generation did, so the way we value what Usher brought to the table.
Speaker 3: This generation may not see that. It may lean more towards Chris and vice versa. The eldest might not, you know, you know, appreciate what Chris brought to the you know, to this industry. You know what I'm saying, because even now when I look at Chris Brown, always believed that he could have been the only person that can come behind Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: Chris is that talented, Like he is fucking genius.
Speaker 3: I mean from an artist's downpoint, from a performance standpoint, imaging.
Speaker 1: Like he's a global superstar, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But I think sometimes it's a matter of how we harness and how we you know, package our talent that we can claim and take it to that next level. It's almost like, okay, let's say if we introduce the versus concept to the pop community. I want to see that, they gonna turn it down.
Speaker 2: I want to see Chris, but they're not gonna do it.
Speaker 1: You want to do it?
Speaker 2: Listen? Listen is Backstreet noise?
Speaker 1: No, we would all be here, but that day will never come. You know why, because they see things differently.
Speaker 3: They preserve culture, they preserve legacy. We compete against it. Like blacks and whites are two different mentalities.
Speaker 1: We're combative, like we're African white regular no white period Africa.
Speaker 3: Let's let's get back to South calf Africa. I'm kind of the intro was just so amazing, so I couldn't cut you off.
Speaker 1: I couldn't cut you off. Let's be very very very very very very clear. South Africa is the real Africa. See this is what happens.
Speaker 3: Right, Any amazing part of Africa that's beautiful, that attracts tourism, they say it ain't really the real Africa. But if it's poor, poverished, and and and you know, full of diseases or plagues. Oh yeah, be careful us you want to be in that part of Africa. So they claim the poor for Africa to say, okay, that's Africa. But then if there's anything that's enticing or inviting about Africa, they say, well, that's not really the real Africa. And that's what we got to break because you know, South Africa's credit they had helped by the British to actually help.
Speaker 2: To develop right right, which was the.
Speaker 1: Smallest population period. But those are real Africans, like the white boys over there, African the actual Africans.
Speaker 2: That's why they call Afrikaans.
Speaker 1: Biggas. It's ghetto.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Some certain parts of Africa, of South Africa, the white folks are the ones in the ghettos. If you go to South Africa, the richest people in South Africa are the black ones. Netflix in the in the flat Brohannesburg like they're like everywhere you go, there's areas where there's poor people, but the poorest areas are the poor parts where the white folks are. Yeah, it's a matter of fact, it's a Netflix special on It's a Netflix special on that. I got to remember the name though, but if you if you, if you Google, I mean, if you serve South Africa on there, it'll pop up on.
Speaker 6: Watch my documentary Coming Home South Africa. And I'm telling you, And they have an amazing hip hop scene. And I went into Johannesburg and they got a spot called the what is it called the Cool oh Man Slaughterhouse and it's in there, it's in their language. But and it's like a crazy MC battle place is dope, dope see out there?
Speaker 2: Man, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Sure what should I just want to go to if I.
Speaker 2: Go first, But hear me, I want to buy a fake credit card or something. You know what I'm saying, Like, I want to see you got stereo top on it.
Speaker 1: I want to get scammed like.
Speaker 2: In your life.
Speaker 1: Man, I want to get scared.
Speaker 2: But what is the first It never been to Africa?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: If they want to go for party purposes, to party purposes, like what were you? Compare it to what place? All right?
Speaker 3: So I would say Nigeria is compared to New York City if I had to compare.
Speaker 2: Something, that's definitely scammers.
Speaker 1: The scammers are everywhere. I'm being.
Speaker 2: That Nigeria princes.
Speaker 1: Probably a more holy one they got the females.
Speaker 2: Goddamn Nigerian prince got something.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 3: This could be debatable, but the Nigerians are the most smartest people on the planet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe.
Speaker 3: I promise you there's nobody more smarter than the Nigerian. Now, of course there's there's a few bad apples that came out, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, they extremely smart.
Speaker 3: They put they just put their intelligence all in the wrong place. They're geared, dess or something more, you know, positive productive because the ones that did there's more. There's more billionaires being made in Nigeria than anywhere in the world on the annual basis.
Speaker 2: Took that email. Listen to the credit of them though.
Speaker 1: You only get caught if you get greedy. They don't ask you to do anything, They just present it to you and then your greed get caught in that way because I'm giving fifty they're not, They're just giving you a positions.
Speaker 2: Greedy took it was.
Speaker 1: What's crazier is that after you get got, there's nobody else to blame but yourself, because you know better. Honest, anything that's too good to be true, you know, it's always too good to be true.
Speaker 2: What's the nigga that they was hunt him down? They made you puppy Cony right, Coney Coney, I donated that was that was the Africans that was doing that. Somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still don't got my shirt, Like is he comparing that Africa?
Speaker 2: It was Cony. He was doing someth bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it wasn't that he was like, donate to him and we're going to get I like.
Speaker 2: Word, it's like dude in San Francisco doing that. I want it was my T shirt shirt. And that's when I started to complain, that is ting right about this shirt. It's too funny. So you say Nigeria is the first, Well.
Speaker 3: That mean it depends on what you're going there for. Like every place has his destination and has especialty for what you want to do.
Speaker 1: A huge continent, it's no North Africa.
Speaker 3: How big Africa is, right? You see how big United States is. You could take five United States and fit it inside it. Five of US, I mean all fifty two, three faux states whatever, you can take them all, put him inside Africa five times.
Speaker 1: That's how big the continent is. That's how big it is. So it's a matter of like it's any and everything you want to do.
Speaker 3: Like you got East Africa, you got South Africa, you got West Africa, North Africa. Everywhere you go, there's destination for what it is you want. So it depends on what you're going there for.
Speaker 2: You know, no I said anybody got questions for Akon.
Speaker 1: It was like Yo, man in the US mad at him for messing with China. Man, listen honestly.
Speaker 3: First, to be honest, bro Me, I would want the US to take more initiative in Africa.
Speaker 1: They have done it this year though.
Speaker 3: Really Yeah, they flew in a lot of African presidents, created this huge you knows, the initiative in DC, you know, but it was a great conversation.
Speaker 1: It was a great start.
Speaker 3: But I just think they're a little bit ten twelve steps behind the Chinese. The area where the Chinese got smart was they realized, okay, are they're already done created enough manufacturing plans to supply the whole world?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Yes, Americas are their biggest suppliers, America then Europe. This is why the US is in debt to the Chinese. Already they supplied the US was so much. But after a while you can only supply for so much because that's only a certain amount of population. They're the reason why Chinese is so powerful because they got over a billion people over there within China in itself. But for the most part, they start a value in Africa though they said, okay, cool, Africa got close to two billion people.
Speaker 1: Right, it's underdeveloped.
Speaker 3: So human resource to them is more important than actual resources itself because they've seen what have done for them themselves.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: So now I imagine if you combine two billion people of China in partnership with two billion people in Africa, and then you have all the resources and all the factories for distribution to the globe.
Speaker 2: Is that why the currency is the currency is China.
Speaker 6: The bricks I'm talking about bricks, which is China, China, Russia, Brazil.
Speaker 1: They trying to create their Oh well, I mean break they call that school ring.
Speaker 2: I either heard that ringusin is eighty eight, but you hear that, Yeah, it's bridge.
Speaker 1: They haven't done it yet. They're trying to. They're trying to do it.
Speaker 3: It's a conversation that's being had. Of course it's gonna and Saudi Arabia is kind of like top of the US dollar if that happens. So I don't think it's gonna be something that's gonna be easy to accomplish because it's just too many interesting at play. But if it does happen, it's gonna be a it's gonna be a US is gonna have a huge problem.
Speaker 6: Right, And China's been involved in Latin America too. They're doing the same thing all that everywhere. You know, understanding, they have been quiet.
Speaker 1: Right, you can go to any hood anywhere in the world and you're gonna find them. That's what they're doing.
Speaker 3: And then you can go to any place in the world and they will be a China town. Always they've been. They've always been non controversial.
Speaker 2: Right, you've been to China.
Speaker 3: I love China, you really, I love it out there. I just can't say that too long ago. Why I need the food, the food, it's just it's not my my type. The food small, it's just the portions are pretty small. But it's it's just too healthy. Really, it's too healthy.
Speaker 1: You need some glue, I need yeah, iy, fat, honey, cholesterol, I need all that, like I can't American. It's too healthy, Okay, it's too healthy.
Speaker 2: One of the things that Michael Blacksman, who is my friend, but he turns me off every time I see him eat it. The way he eats foodful is hard. Have you ever seen him eat fool? Did he put on the tracks? He's like, I'm like, how can you tell me this is good? And you're going to.
Speaker 1: I'm the only one who followed Michael Blacksmith.
Speaker 2: Listen, I mean, I swear, and he'd be like after he he puts pause, pulls his mouth with his hand away from his mouth. He acts like he's enjoying it, but as he's.
Speaker 1: Chewing it, he puts on the pit bull face, like a pit bull is a tackle the.
Speaker 2: Tea and I like it. So, but are you a fan of fool fool me?
Speaker 1: I'm not really a fan of food food specifically, I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't like food food as much, but I like everything else.
Speaker 2: Food.
Speaker 1: Food is the only thing I don't like as much. Food is like my fungal right, it's a plantain, that's the thing you Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, myself, I like, but this is the okra sauce that comes from and I don't like the texture of okra. You know what I'm saying, but because it got food and some other sauce like the peanut butter sauce. It comes with different sauces. But the reason why they call it food food is because of the okrat, the bread bread.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a combination.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but it's it's a it's a team effort, like one don't work without the other, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So, what's your favorite African dish?
Speaker 1: It's jelly rice for sure? What je rice? J Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sounds I don't know how it sounds.
Speaker 1: Sounds delicious, is it?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 3: Rice is originally from Senegal with Stafford that'shere, I'm from.
Speaker 1: Ghana's. Ghana has adapted it very well.
Speaker 3: Nigeria is always in competition with Ghana on who makes the best jelly of rice. And then you have Liberia also that makes it really really good, right. But it's it's an old traditional uh recipe that's made with rice and tomato paste. So the tomato paste is what makes it red. But in Senegal you have two types of jelloff. You have the red jelloff and then you have the white jellaf. The white jellaf is made with like onions and you know, more broth, you know what I'm saying. But the taste of it is just it's it's like an African version of fried rice to an extent, that's probably the best way to kind of explain it. Because after the rice is done, they let the bottom of the rice burn, so it's like you get that that that burned smoky and then that smoke goes through the rice and you could taste that smokiness in it.
Speaker 1: It's it's delicious.
Speaker 3: The bird part is this, This is why I've been a deal lot. When I eat that boy, it reminds me of Jeff, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So so we all know that music, we all know the original man comes from Africa, right right. I remember, you know reggae music coming making its mark, you know. Then you know, you know Spanish music, all that song and so forth. But it just kind of like seemed like it's three sixty and now it's like Afro Beasts is like so.
Speaker 1: Fucking popular, right, It's huge.
Speaker 2: I never saw this coming, like I never saw obviously, you know that music originates in Africa, so for it to come back, it's something that's very very beautiful, but I obviously didn't see this. Is this something that you've been saw that you knew that.
Speaker 3: Bro since two thousand and seven. Wow, I was in labels trying to get this going. Like you, man, you'd be surprised how good it makes somebody feel when you've been saying you want to say, like I told you so so loud.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But it's I kind of Latin music kind of came through the same tunnel because with reggae thong, it was the same thing. Nobody expected it to be this big and dominate, like you know what I'm saying on everything, right, you know what I'm saying. So it's I think it's the same thing. And I think now people are getting more you know, open to different sounds and different music now actually start you know, you can now see melodies change into something that sounds familiar to you that back then was foreign, you know what I'm saying. So when you listen to a lot of the afrobat music today, you'd be like, wow, it actually makes sense because when you go from reggae music to reggae thong and now afrobeat within all in the span of ten fifteen years in America's like it's it's all the same, you know what I'm saying. It was just a matter of who was the gatekeepers that would allow that music to come in, And that was the challenging part, trying to get them to understand that, Yo, this is bigger than you think it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, like internationally this is huge already.
Speaker 3: If it breaks in America, this could be the biggest turnover for y'all from a financial standpoint that you've ever seen. But it's just a matter of just now Digital actually allowed that because of YouTube.
Speaker 6: You think they were trying to keep people from working internationally that closely because it might change the way that business has done domestically.
Speaker 3: Actually, I wouldn't go that far, but I would say that they didn't understand the music well enough to know how to move it around. And I think a lot of the times when you look at executives, they kind of move on either excitement because they know what they got, or on fear because they don't know what to do with it, you know what I mean. Instead of just putting it out and let it find his own audience, they want to be the A and R to decide what goes out and what's.
Speaker 1: Going to be a hit and what's not.
Speaker 2: And I think that's a mistake, is right, because they only you know, they make.
Speaker 3: The decision called to what they see, and most of them never even left America, so they wouldn't even know where to start.
Speaker 2: I remember, like I was saying this to da veto a friend of mine who's Fump Senegal. He lives in Paris, and he kept he kept telling me about afrobeasts, but he didn't have he didn't have. It wasn't a word at the time. We kept saying, listen, man, we have African ricked doone. And I was like, because I'm assuming, I'm assuming reggae don't can only be Spanish. I'm not. I'm not smart enough to understand that this is a global thing. And then he was he was playing me this and I was just like wow. And then when afrobeas blew up, like I said, my boy at and he's from Sitaguar, he just lives in Paris.
Speaker 1: He called me every day I told you, I was like, damn, he was.
Speaker 2: Right, and he was right. We listen to Acon. Our show was about giving people their flowers while they're alive. We want to give you a flowers face to face. You an icon. You're a pioneer. You single handed and changed the face of how music is played.
Speaker 1: You you did it.
Speaker 2: Are you like the first African artists or first African? Nos African because you wasn't born said he was born in Saint Louis, but obviously you still considered well.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is the thing, like, I don't think where you're born decides who you are, right because in our case, my mom and father was born raised, full blooded Senegalese, but Pops decided to make sure we was born here just to ship us back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a transactional reason. You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So that's why when I identify with Africa, it's just a little bit different because.
Speaker 1: That's where my childhood began.
Speaker 3: And then when I came to the States, I was here just more to go to school because every summer we would go back home.
Speaker 1: Until I graduated high school. I decided to stay.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you the whole thing with New York Puerto Ricans, right, and then Puerto Ricans from the islands right right, and for years, Puerto Weecans from the Island just thought they was better than us. I'm sorry, that's how we felt about y'all. Like we felt like they felt like they were like the real Puerto Ricans, and like, I mean, actually, at certain.
Speaker 3: Times, technically, technically they are the real Puerto Ricans because y'all are more Americanized.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they we watched us on TV. Yeah, they just say technically a little bit different. You know, I grew up with chickens in our backyard. Why are you going at your people?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 3: They just a little the Puerto Ricans in Puerto Rico a little bit closer to the culture. And I think that's what they're trying to say. They're not saying that you ain't Puerto Rican. They're saying, well, we're actually here.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a place in Porto Rico called Louisa. You know, that's the where the slaves got dropped off. Right, you are light skinned out there compared to them.
Speaker 3: But all of those niggas came from Senegalgue. I'm not even joking.
Speaker 2: That last spot they.
Speaker 1: Dropped off in Puerto Rico.
Speaker 3: They dropped off in Haiti, and the Haiti became Dominican Republic because of the Spaniards came and mixed up with Haitians. Yeah, the all Portuguese, mister Lee, So Portuguese, y'all niggas is.
Speaker 1: More African than we are.
Speaker 2: Why do you think y'all moved away? Y'all move goddamn?
Speaker 4: Do you think?
Speaker 1: Seriously think about it, Think about how we like, how we communicate with Puerto Ricans, Couerto Rican We call each other's niggas, y'all niggas. Ain't y'all far from niggas? Perto Ricans say the ship and we're like you think about it, like like we look at each other as one. You find what I'm saying, like, so we like our history is intertwined. It's not even a it's not even a question.
Speaker 2: That's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: Also was something beautiful I've seen on the internet the other day. They said something that could and you said this on our show years ago. It says something that was going to help boost Africa's economy is is if African Americans going over back and start going back. And I see somebody like I think this was like a preacher or something like he was just and I was like, damn a concept. That shit like seven years ago on our show. You you think that's it that's still choose you this day?
Speaker 3: It's I think Africa will start to become it's to its fullest potential when y'all all go back home, right like and even y'all, what's interesting is that everything that y'all fighting for over here, you actually you get on a silver platter over there. Like it's like you, It's like you guys want to suffer, Like y'all motherfuckers just want to just be.
Speaker 2: Because you don't have to be.
Speaker 3: It's like it's it's like, believe me, they wouldn't want nothing better than to shift all y'all niggas back to Africa, but they're not even knowing this for your best.
Speaker 1: Interest, y'all would actually be better off.
Speaker 3: Wow, you know what I'm saying, No more crying, no more like marching, no more getting killed by cops, no more crying racism because y'all are the majority over there.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. Supposed to be that originally wasn't a return. A lot of the free slaves helped begin help create Liberia.
Speaker 1: I can't give you too much story.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 3: That's all the flags if you notice, every flag got a meaning, right, but it's always got the meaning that's attached to whoever colonized them.
Speaker 1: But history nowadays, I don't know what to believe in anymore. It's all convoluted.
Speaker 3: Everybody has a different story of what took place around that time, so the accuracy is very slim. But when you stop and you think about just basic common sense, some of the things that happen can easily be like returned and redone like. But it's on in the mind state, you know, once you got your mindset on something, that's what it is. It's like Norri, he just want to go to Africa to get fucking like. He gotta get scammed otherwise Costomer, that's the experience.
Speaker 1: He got to go through that first, and they say, all right, cool now, who don't have to talk about to give you a history on how I can get it back?
Speaker 2: So I gotta scam him to educate. You don't want to go see a start resort. This is Africa. Yeah, I want to do that. That's not too nice, it's too clean. Take me.
Speaker 1: I want to hunt straw.
Speaker 2: You know, you know that's real man, because like a lot of us, I remember me being scared. I send in my twenty what is that twenty three and all that where you where you get your thing twenty three and me, Yeah, for the DNA, Yeah, the DNA. And I remember my wife doing it and I'm being like, like, you don't want to know where you're really from?
Speaker 1: And I was like not really.
Speaker 2: Actually, I actually think I swabbed or whatever it was. I just never gave it to I was like, I don't know, man. I was just like, man, I don't know what I did with it, but I'm I don't do it this time. You know where I'm at because obviously when you when you're Puerto Rican, which I'm half put a week and half black, part of you goes to Spade, But that's not where it ends. That's where like, that's just one little small it's Puerto Rican because we don't come from Portibo, don't come from port Cuba.
Speaker 3: Yeah, most Caribbean, Puerto Rican. Your DNA is gonna trace back to Portugal.
Speaker 1: Cuban port because ain't like the same birds, different president.
Speaker 2: I'm just waiting for whatever they.
Speaker 4: For the Cuban, the Cubans, Yeah, the black coming back Africa, Cuban Cuban.
Speaker 3: Cubans are the most African when it comes to the Latin side of the world.
Speaker 1: In Africa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, niggas in the Latin country without as Jesus the Latin just just making.
Speaker 1: That my friend hates right there, sound.
Speaker 2: Because all right you want to do ye oh man, but he's not drinking. So Sunday drinking from drinking from Sunday shot from me, my Haitian brother, that's what you're talking about.
Speaker 8: Drink.
Speaker 6: I'm we go like today we were like, man, we're healthy, were healthy hoods right now, water champs today.
Speaker 2: I don't think you know what we love this last time.
Speaker 6: We didn't do this last time with you, right, all right, So we're gonna give you two choices. You pick one. We're good if you say both or neither. We drinking, got it, all right? So the first one is Chris Brown or Usher you get my drink?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Both okay? So see he gonna say this free. No, no, that that one. Listen, They both to me are equal when it comes to generations, right in the generation.
Speaker 3: No, I never drink, never drink, but I did have. I did sip it by accident one time and thought it was water. Bro my chest got sold. It was like what brook? It was a nasty ship I ever tasted and know the taste.
Speaker 1: Was lingering in my mouthful. A week I was like, how did y'all drink? Even if I thought about drinking after that, I would never drink rushing, But I was in Dubai. Dubai That's why I thought it was wide doesn't drink, drink. But unfortunately the person no, no. But I'm saying as a country, they don't. They don't drink. The people there like that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: You've been to the was you could drinking. Oh yeah, yeah, don't leaves. Yeah, trust me, they drink.
Speaker 1: Off of the drinkers and they do anything else to trugt me.
Speaker 2: Gotta be they got underground shoes, gotta be underground.
Speaker 1: So you drank, because what did you drink?
Speaker 6: Drink?
Speaker 2: Anotherhing bigger, bigger than my boy guy. We just came home. He had to hear a life sentence in for cocaine and marijuana, and the life sentence he did four years and he got his ask about of.
Speaker 1: There, you gotta be careful when we go to the other con. They don't play, they don't play with that learned the coach by.
Speaker 2: I play songs of Jeremiah.
Speaker 1: That's a good one too, But I was I'll probably go with Jeremiah Jeremiah, okay, Tupac or d m X Wow, another good one. I probably go with Pop. I met him one time, met Pox this one time. I never met that one time? What was that a meaning?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: It was like, oh, yo, this is my man, pot yo Pop.
Speaker 7: That kind.
Speaker 1: Cool, we got to get in cool and it never seen him again. His knew the new series on FX, The Dear Mama. I saw it the first episode. It's crazy. Yeah, it's real good, real good. Wow, it's on FXX. I know you worked one of them. I don't know if he worked with both, but Michael Jackson or Prince. Oh, that's easy. Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: You worked with m J.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't get a chance to work with Prince though, but it was on the schedule to work with him before he passed.
Speaker 1: Was on the schedule. It was, yeah, I was gonna get in with him before.
Speaker 2: In the same room with Prince.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you met Actually Jimmy Ivan was want to introduce me to him, have his ass out.
Speaker 6: I'm saying, you know this different versions really wants to know because he has everybody.
Speaker 2: Different versions. Because I wanted to I wanted to know myself, say you wanted those pants.
Speaker 3: He was an interesting character though, because even when I met him through Jimmy, I would ask him a question and then the assistant or the one that was standing next to him would be the one to tell him, so it was one of those, and then he would whisper in her ear and then she would tell me what he said it was.
Speaker 1: It was, that's awkward, it was interesting, that's interesting. I like this one.
Speaker 2: You got eminem or Boston rhymes and what way?
Speaker 1: Though, it's up to you. No, hold on. It's a difference because if it's versus in versus, oh, in versus, I mean just I just made in versus yeah versus.
Speaker 2: That depends too, though, just just makes shinny take a shot. Yeah, it depends. It depends.
Speaker 3: It's no because these are two different lanes, like not even. Yeah, but it's not even. It's like you can't even compare those. I gotta go with both because you can't really compare.
Speaker 6: That's fair taking a shot. You took a shot, Sonny. You can't just drink out of your cup. You gotta take a shot no because of what.
Speaker 1: Okay, like this no, no, you make no sense?
Speaker 2: And I did the next one after that, this.
Speaker 6: One, yeah, justin Timberlake skip one. Oh yeah, Snooper jay Z Snooper jay Z in the versus anyway, whatever the criteria in your mind is the criteria in mind, I will probably say.
Speaker 1: That's that's also two different types, you know what I'm saying? Like two icons? Thanks Lee?
Speaker 2: This this this might be.
Speaker 1: Debatable, but I'll probably go with Snoop. Okay, And and y'all worked early on in your career and your career too with Snoop, right yeah? And then I like, as I travel, I see.
Speaker 3: The personality and the effect that Snoop has on people globally and through his music.
Speaker 2: So Snooper's hands down the most famous rat that you know what I'm there's not one person on earth that I don't think I.
Speaker 1: Don't know who Snoop thats recognized? Right, absolutely, kid you not justin Timberlake or justin Bieber. I probably go with Biber, Okay, how about.
Speaker 2: Him versus still go with Biber? Still going with Okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: People got records, bro, People records are on a different level and he spoke, we you too, now my mom? For fact, what else does he do? He styles p or ross. I gotta go both on that one, Okay, Sonny? Yeah can they both represent two different things too? But style is like my brother. I couldn't go against him if I wanted to.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna let you Finn take this one.
Speaker 1: These last two, I mean the next two French or fifty French or fifty that would be a good one. I would have known what, dude, But yeah, fifty will get it. Oh and your mind saying versus? Is you get my mind? I'm saying versus? Okay, atl or Miami at L of Miami, definitely a t L. Still live in atl Huh, still live in atl. I still got a gas station, same house.
Speaker 2: They got to know who got a gas station? That's how you flow.
Speaker 1: I got it, I got a gas station.
Speaker 2: Whatever. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I gotta patack. I gotta have a gas station. Shut everyone down, Everyone shut up? Like word, he just said, you got a gas Okay. Naughty by nature or laws are underground.
Speaker 3: That's a jersey. That one was a good one too, both legends, Yeah they are. But I think Naughty went a little bit further.
Speaker 2: Jada kiss or Nas.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh, that one is interesting. That's a tough one too.
Speaker 3: Why I say that is because Jade is probably the most underrated. I don't think he ever got the credit that he needed to get.
Speaker 1: He getting it now. I believe you think you get it now. I think he's getting it now because Nas, it took time.
Speaker 3: For people to give him that right, not as well, it took some time. Yeah, And I think Jada he never got it, right, you think he got it after versus Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think he's getting it. I think he's still in the process of getting it.
Speaker 2: That's what I think.
Speaker 1: I think he's in the process.
Speaker 3: I will say Jada, just to help him get that process, because I think Nas is already given.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's fair enough. Coming to America call Hall ofm Knights. Yeah, I know both of them. I would definitely go with coming to America Lady Gaga or Katy Perry.
Speaker 1: Definitely Lady Goga.
Speaker 2: With Lady Gaga, Gwen Stephani. But all right, these are the guys who make it up, the Colombians and the Dominicans. Red Man or Method Man both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those are twins right there. You can't separate them too, and you can't separate them too.
Speaker 2: Big pun or big al.
Speaker 1: I go a pun.
Speaker 2: Amy Winehouse or Whitney Houston. Oh rest a piece of both. Yeah, she.
Speaker 1: That's a tough one too, but I go with Whitney.
Speaker 2: You gotta see a movie on Netflix.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't seen you.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it yet, neither I heard his good Yea'm gonna take it.
Speaker 1: Look at it now?
Speaker 2: T Pain or floor Rider, t Pain, Wayne or Drake.
Speaker 1: I would want to say Wayne.
Speaker 3: Because he discovered him and recognize the talent that Drake got. But in this case, I would choose Drake because Drake, to me, it's more versati how and he he. I think he maximized the opportunity better than anybody in the business.
Speaker 1: That's fair, USA or Africa. Africa hesitates for that, not even question.
Speaker 2: Your old hairline or your new hairline.
Speaker 1: The new hairlines look good.
Speaker 2: A lie, I'm looking at me, get this, start me say something somebody to pumped up bitch of you. But because in person, it shod looks good. You look you look Dominican, you look like.
Speaker 1: It looked good. They actually I started that campaign.
Speaker 2: He started it. I did that on purpose because you said, you went to Turkey, and Nigga said, Nigga, don't.
Speaker 1: Go to Turkey, right. So then so then I have to look where I can kind of play with it.
Speaker 2: I said.
Speaker 1: I was just interested because, Bro, I ain't laughed at I ain't laughed that much.
Speaker 2: It's so long. This ship was so funny. Do you want to do?
Speaker 1: I was literally I was literally on the plane just creating just I was like, oh, this is gonna look real. What you think, baby? We just push it out there. Boy, Yo, the memes that came means when I tell you that was the funnies sh I heard?
Speaker 2: Man, I love that ship? Did you start it on Twitter?
Speaker 1: Would you on Twitter?
Speaker 2: Negative place on the planet? You want to be in place on the baby place? Wanted to be negative. But you can go on Twitter and be like peace, good morning everybody. Somebody gonna say, shut the fuck youposed a baby picture. They're like that baby ugly?
Speaker 1: Like what you could do anything?
Speaker 2: Twitter is the horrible place, bro, But it'll also tell you some foul ship. Okay, where we're at the burner?
Speaker 1: Boy, Oh that's good. Oh I probably go with David though, David Dough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just had them on pick up to Dabba.
Speaker 1: Door oh Davy. Yeah that kid, right, there's a beast. Yeah, he's the beast. He's another And I think that deserves more flowers than he's received.
Speaker 2: We gave him flowers.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Uh n w A or Wu Tang Klan, which I.
Speaker 1: Don't think is a good match up.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: I do think it's it's just generationals.
Speaker 3: It's definitely a generational match. But I want to say both, and let me tell you why. First of all, n w A created gangster rap. Regardless what anybody tell you, school d did, but n w A, regardless of what anybody.
Speaker 1: On there's a difference. Schoolie was just a gangster period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he would made against the music though he did happen.
Speaker 6: And I see it was around but around the same time in w A and maybe before, to be honest with you, Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: You're right, it could be debatable.
Speaker 2: But n w A made it popular, the most popular. That's what you gotta get credit to, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Because I think sometimes we kind of make the mistake of the person that invented it versus the person that actually made it famous.
Speaker 1: You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So there's two parts the person that invented it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have to give him the flowers because he and he actually created the this is what got us.
Speaker 2: Inspired to do it.
Speaker 1: But the person that made it famous, it is really the person you give the credit to. And that could be debatable as well.
Speaker 2: It's like everybody.
Speaker 1: But I also believe that the person that made it famous should also always go back and take care of the person that invented it. That's what makes it even. But when you ignore the person that made it even.
Speaker 3: Or you you know, look at him on a certain way and you know, kind of decrease its value, then I think that's fucked up.
Speaker 6: All right, There's there's one more debatable thing. Who called it gangster act? Because a lot of people debate.
Speaker 4: But I was.
Speaker 6: Next.
Speaker 1: You ain't all music, but you saw nigga.
Speaker 2: Like n w A them niggas start they show off with easy Goddamn with.
Speaker 1: A twenty two popular in the side of the areada.
Speaker 2: I was scared to dath How was I was terrified?
Speaker 3: Listen to you never wanted to go to Compton, Right, and then now let's talk about Wu Tang Clan.
Speaker 2: Wu Tang Clan.
Speaker 1: They took New York culture and made it global facts even more. Staten islandro to the point where you go to Japan, is you Wu Tang is like a religion. It's a fact.
Speaker 2: You understand what I'm saying now, Nwa.
Speaker 1: Ain't going that far. They were more domestic, right, So that's why I said, you got to give them both. You gotta choose both on that one.
Speaker 2: I love how you broke that down, mad hip hop. That was a mad I break that.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 6: Look at those recent shows. Wu Tang's been posting in Argentina and Colombia Like.
Speaker 2: I'm Wu tangans in Paris right now?
Speaker 1: Oh dope, whutang made New York famous?
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: That's debatable too.
Speaker 2: That's debatable too. Jackson five or new audition, Oh.
Speaker 1: Jackson five, Mike's voice, Boy, ain't nobody can touch that at that age. And it's before too. It's like the audition would say Jackson five.
Speaker 2: They would even say if they don't, then I don't know what you're gonna say on this one. DJ College or DJ Drama. Oh that's a good one too, big lightskin beef right there.
Speaker 1: I don't know get in the mix of that lights ginness. Right now?
Speaker 3: They both abandons. Yes, I think I'm gonna choose both, just for the polic.
Speaker 2: Okay, both my niggas or push your teeth.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. That's a real good one. That's a good one. Mm hmmm. I think I'm it's a hard lean, but I think I'm gonna go with fab on this one. Okay, wow, Okay, Juice or New Jersey Drive.
Speaker 3: Juice or New Jersey Drive both good ones too. Yeah, but Juice is just different.
Speaker 1: That's that's yea. They gotta go with Juice on that one.
Speaker 2: And it's just something I want to see in versus Christina Aguileva versus Btney Spears. Who you've got, Oh, I want to see you.
Speaker 1: I got Brittany. I think Brittany. I think Brittany, I promise you.
Speaker 3: I think Brittany gonna take it because Brittany got the attitude for the audience, you know, versus Actually.
Speaker 2: You know why this is great and it's debatable. I think Brittany has probably it's just a little bit more records, But I think Christine.
Speaker 1: Is a vocalist, better vocalist. Live what I'm saying. That's why, let's be very clear. Okay, yes, yes, please the versus audience. It's niggas. Let's not fool ourselves.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna do this in malible.
Speaker 1: So trust me, bro, you can do this in the White House. The people that will be streaming is a streaming platform, ain't They can do it right here.
Speaker 6: And here.
Speaker 3: Between Christina and Learra and Britney Spears. You gotta ask yourself who gonna lean more to the black audience.
Speaker 1: Damn, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's Brittany, Britney, Britney Pitch. I'm telling you it's Brittany Man. Christina's Latina.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Christina don't act Latina.
Speaker 2: She don't even claim you did right. I'm confused with this one. I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Holy ship Brittany and Brittany's Instagram, my girl just put me on. She's like, she's yeah, I'm telling you I've been down by Brittany a fucking around and take off on Christy. We need to do the way in right here, drink chances the way Holy sh Okay, it's a good one. Fuck Master flex or DJ Clue in what way whatever that's you, because there's an animation that comes with flex.
Speaker 2: Nobody cared to me, No one's out.
Speaker 1: Nobody has out animated rhymes, and the only way to be an exceptional DJ is to capture the attention of the audience, and I'm think nobody does that better than Flex. So in that note, I gotta go with Flex.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie to you Like I used to have to catch myself because I would listen to Flex, and Flex like pull over and I pulled over, Like what the fuck am I pulled over for.
Speaker 1: New York City? Pull? I'm listen.
Speaker 2: New York City with Flex.
Speaker 1: Player record that you like, artist that you love, and he's dropping them ball is like.
Speaker 2: From here. Yes, he comes from an experience like some records.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna lie to you some things I might have thought was trash before Flex actually presented it on the show.
Speaker 2: After they presented it, I was like, Yo, that ship was kind of dope. So it was all in the presentation, and you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I tell you that.
Speaker 2: I tell you that's what I like about Flex. If he's laid on the record, he'll come back on station just be like yo, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry, New York City. I was late on this record, Like I liked it.
Speaker 2: I like that, like I remember I said this on this on before well with Meek and and Drake was going at it. Flex hyped it up so bad. He was like, I got the response from Drake, and I got Meek Mill's response. I called my wife not coming home, bag, not tonight. I have to stay in New York City. Here funk Flex talk this ship about Drake and Meek's record. I couldn't have been nowhere else. I didn't want to be on a plane. I didn't want to listen to it on the headphones. I wanted to sit in the car and just let Flex just played Drake's and Meek's mile record and he didn't have neither one that day, breaking the whole flight. Wife bad at me, But that's how. That's how, But that's how. That's some showmanship.
Speaker 1: That's how.
Speaker 2: The next day I called him this why I love. The next day I called him, I'm like, yo, man, I want to give you a record because you know everyone's too. Then he was like, Yo, Norri, that was a rough night for me today, right because I'm trying to avoid that yo. You know, like he looked crazy. He had neither record at this time, so he's promoting all this ship and so I'm trying to avoid it. And he's like, but he wants because you know, I'm gonna keep it real. So he's like, yo, it was. It was a rough night for me last night, right, I said, Flex.
Speaker 1: I can't lie. He was baking like a biscuit. He goes, He goes, this is how no nor I had to stay home.
Speaker 2: The next day he said, it was one person that came to my house, and he said, he opened the door and it was the FedEx man. The FedEx man looked at him like he took his loss the same way he took his like he took his w And Flex told me something that day. It was like, alright, cool, you lose for momentarily, come your ass out the next day and get back to the way. But he took it. He took out that that was remarkable to be he could do the last two.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Nipsy are easy. Oh that's a good one too. Yeah, but Nipsey just I don't know. I would go with Nipsey on this one. Yeah. And the last one, loyalty or respect. Loyalty all day. You can't respect somebody that you're not loyal to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now you said you spoke earlier about Jimmy Ivan. Everyone knows that Jimmy Ivan is like one of the illest UH artists and artist like, he's an artist based artist.
Speaker 1: I called Jimmy Ivan the king Maker. Damn, that's the king, the king Maker. That's what he does. If he comes into your life, he's gonna change it.
Speaker 2: Now. He came into your life.
Speaker 1: After loud right, No, he came into my life during my peak, at the point when I thought I couldn't get bigger. Wow, he made me bigger.
Speaker 2: That shows you.
Speaker 3: And what I love about Jimmy is that he allows you to yourself. Like he doesn't dictate what you need to be doing or tell you what he thinks you should do. He'll hear you out and then give you the tools to make it work.
Speaker 2: Let me because I want to get back to that. But in the beginning, wasn't you all loud.
Speaker 1: No, I was on s r C. You want to make sure that you understand. Yeah, Partner Rich Corporation, that's all him, right.
Speaker 2: Right, right right, Yeah, that's was by himself, but was was his partners with just right? Oh sr C as well? Okay, I didn't know, Okay, So at what point, did you did you and Steve part ways?
Speaker 1: We never part ways? Still you still this day we contact each other. Oh wow, yeah we never literally like we never parted ways. Wow.
Speaker 3: All my records was always ran through Steve rip Can until my contract was ran out. And that's when you went to Now, when I went to Interscope, I wasn't signed there. My label deal was at Interscope. I was still at SRC.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You're getting both goddamn ship And that's where T Paine was at.
Speaker 3: No, t Pain was my well, he was at my other label deal over So that's that's so. I had a label deal a Sony, a joint venture label deal at University with s r C. And then I had my con life over at UH Interscope. So Commic music was at Sony M. Yeah, it was Joe first before Sony acquired them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got.
Speaker 1: Holy Ship. Yeah, but Jimmy, Jimmy was And you said, when does Jimmy come into the picture.
Speaker 3: Jimmy came into the picture when I was shopping my label deal because I went to Universal first because I was already there and I presented.
Speaker 1: Them my list. I want to start a labeled as what I'm Wanna do, and I brought in T Pain. I was there. They laughed me out the building. You remember that, man, They was Joe and you know how they jone over s I s especially oh man.
Speaker 2: Godby, oh my goodness. Yeah, it's big Gapy at the time. Yeah, math he got slim and stop.
Speaker 1: Being funny, like yo, the records and he was saying, all clear, Yo, the records are amazing.
Speaker 2: But bro his face.
Speaker 3: He would say stuff like that, you know what I'm saying. Like, so they leaders say they passed. So I went to the top and tried to go through the big building and then they passed. So that's when I went to job and job took T Pain. But then when the success of TE.
Speaker 2: Pain, that's when I came back to doing another time ll at job.
Speaker 1: At Job, it was U It'll come to me in a minute.
Speaker 2: It's damn, I'm not faith.
Speaker 1: It was Barry White. It was Barry White.
Speaker 3: Another brilliant, brilliant, brilliant motherfucker right, So it's Barry White at the time.
Speaker 1: So then with the success Ty.
Speaker 3: Pain, that's when I doubled back to try to do a direct label deal with Universal again. And then that's when Melon Winter told me that what I'm asking for, nobody would give it to me. You know, this is like, no, it was it was well, it was a label distribution deal, but then it was the amount of money that I wanted up front, and he was like, you know, kind of unfortunately, we're not going to be a get that kind of money. And if you go anywhere, they won't. I don't think they'll do it anywhere. But if you can find somebody to do it, then feel free to just take the deal. I said, okay, no problem, and that's what I called Tubby, and Tubby brought me in Divine over the in the sculle, and that's when I met with Jimmy, and Jimmy already had my full portfolio already out. He already knew what it was. He said, listen, this is what you're worth. This is what we want to give you. I wanted to do the deal here and it was what you expected. It was double what I wanted. It was do you just asked for double what I just asked for?
Speaker 2: Fuck, that's dope.
Speaker 1: And that's when it all worked out.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: And then where does Lady Gaga come in?
Speaker 1: So Lady Goga was already at inter Scope when I got there.
Speaker 2: She was an artist artist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was actually an artist there, but at the time, I don't know what Inner Score was gonna do with hercause she was there for a minute, right, she was under Troy and Vince under management there. So we was writing for the Pussycat Dolls at the time, and then that's when I got I was just excited about this deal.
Speaker 1: I was happy. I called it complete block. I needed some inspiration.
Speaker 3: So I was like Red One, which is an artist, I mean a producer that I had just signed from Morocco man was working. I was like, you know, anybody can just come back and forth with He's like, well, I was in the studio with you know this check that Fa brought in. You know, like she's pretty dope. I mean, if anything, you can get some inspiration, trust me. When you see her and she walks in with these all gold le guitars and stuff and looking like she's from the eighties.
Speaker 1: And I was like, but she looked like a real artist.
Speaker 4: But was that a good damn or a bad damn? You know, it was like a or a different dare different. I didn't know what that damn meant yet she was already she was already different, like she was already different.
Speaker 3: But then after, you know, after speaking with her, talking to out like this bitch is mad talented. So we write the record. She goes into demo the song album. So as she's going in the demo the song for the girls to hear it, I'm looking like, man, yo.
Speaker 2: This bitch is a star.
Speaker 1: I said, oh, ready she signed. He's like, I don't know, ask her when she get out. So she comes out. I was like, it was a situation.
Speaker 3: She's like, well, you know I met an innerscope. I said, really, I said, sohole situation. She said, well, you know, I'm not quite sure. I said, okay, give me a second. I called Jimmy.
Speaker 1: I said, Jimmy, what's up with this lady? Guy got chick? And he's like why, I said, I think I want to sign her. He said take her? I said I have. He said, yeah, she's all yours. It's crazy, like he threw me that bone, like literally like take her. Almost if he didn't know what to do with her. I wouldn't say that because Jimmy. Yeah, you can't never count Jimmy out. He hold it down ntil he knows what to do with it. But I guess it's gave me doctor exactly. Jimmy was great for preparing producers with writers or producers and artists, and artists writing me, you understep he knew, right. So when he saw that I had interest in it, he was like, that can work. So he's like, yeah, take it. So then mind you, we got to smash hit record. I said, you, Jimmy, we got the record. I'm going back in. He's thinking, we're playing the record for the pussy Cat Dolls. But at that point when he told me I can have gag, I'm like, we're working on her album.
Speaker 2: How I forgot all right? So now we put it.
Speaker 1: We going there.
Speaker 2: We're playing this record just damn okay.
Speaker 1: Oh he going crazyness. I'm like, God, this is that.
Speaker 2: We got fucking one. We got it, we got it.
Speaker 3: So now the whole time, he's thinking this record is the perfect record for the pussy cat So the music stops. So jim what are we doing? He said, man, thank you man. The pussy Cat Dolls is going I love this record.
Speaker 1: I said.
Speaker 2: He's dating one of them at the time, isn't he No comment no comment.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't have the information.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what we're doing. On all I can tell you, I tell you Jimmy was a very handsome guy and all the girls wanted them.
Speaker 1: That's all I can tell you.
Speaker 3: So the worst. So so then he's like, you know, so, uh what are you doing? I said, well, can we, you know, put this record out. He's like yeah, but at the time he wanted to put on pussy Cat Dolls and me and Martin was like, he's looking at me like con don't, don't say nothing, because you know me, I'm so outspoken. I say, oh, Jimmy's.
Speaker 1: RECORDSS for ga GA. He's like no. Jimmy was like yeah, I said, I said, Jimmy, this is regular for gay. He said what I said, Yes, it's forgot. He said, Okay, make me understand this.
Speaker 3: I said, Jimmy, listen, the pussy Cat Dolls are already a global smash art, like their piece of art. All they need is one record. I make a million of mess. You can see I just did this last night. I'll make another one for them. He said that's not good enough. I said, okay, listen to this. Record again, one more time we've played the record. I said, this record will make you another pussy Cat Dog or possibly even bigger. This is a record that break a new artist, not keep a new artist popping.
Speaker 1: And he thought about it. He said, would you put your label on that?
Speaker 3: I said yeah, I said this record don't work, you could drop me, and he let me go with it, and that probably been the best decision collectively we made together together.
Speaker 6: Wait, wait, would you were you not worried that the machine would have not got behind the record?
Speaker 1: Listen stuff like that sabotage.
Speaker 2: I don't you know why?
Speaker 3: Because one thing I do know, and I believe this in my soul, A hit record is always gonna find this artist always, even if it ain't got pushed. It might take a lot, it may take time. And prime example Bonanza belly Dancer. A lot of people don't know that was my first single before Locked Up. Right wrong, I didn't know that that was my first single, first thing heard university dropped that first. When that didn't work, that's when locked because while they was moving and working Belly Dancer, me Gody Cleve and I, we was.
Speaker 2: On the road pushing Locked Up.
Speaker 3: Wow, So Locked up gaining some the momentum on the streets became on everybody's mixtape. Then we did that little Penitentiary towards starting off in royck Iss Island, did that little you know what's the name?
Speaker 1: People?
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, styles P came on when stops P came home. It actually changed everything because its verse made it actually an urban.
Speaker 2: Record, because I so was it locked up out without styles being Yeah, it was, it was.
Speaker 1: It was crazy.
Speaker 2: The first time I heard locked up I believe it was with styles Peers.
Speaker 3: Record before styles P got on. We was working that record about seven maybe eight months. When Stiles got on.
Speaker 1: That record took off. Why took off? Yeah? Oh and then we did another remix with Beanie siegell on there. I never heard that that came out, Yeah, it came.
Speaker 2: It was on the B side.
Speaker 3: Oh, but what happened was the styles P version just trumped it. But Beanie Siaguals versus stupid. Wow, it was stupid.
Speaker 6: Know that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Man, let me let another.
Speaker 6: So do you think you think you get credit for enough credit for Lady Gogo's career?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for your pardon it, I got plenty of credit. I got enough credit that I can maximize to build my city. That's all the credit I need.
Speaker 2: Maximize to build your city, bro, Yes, build your city, build our city. Okay, okay, let's take that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, I think that.
Speaker 2: Coming back.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, what's the name of Acon city as of right now? Right now?
Speaker 2: Because I remember? All right, so what is the city consist of?
Speaker 3: I mean just think of just think of what dubaias today, yes, and what it used to be fifteen years ago. Remember that's what we we want to become.
Speaker 2: Gonna it's gonna start.
Speaker 3: It's gonna start small, right, It's gonna start small. Two thousand acres in synagogue, yes, in Senegal, right off the waters, all on the beach front.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna have to have resorts.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have entertainment complexes, you know, hotels, boating docks, you know, amphitheaters for concerts, film studios, music studios, restaurants. Like it's gonna be it's gonna be a master How far you think this is a way? Well, the first stage is three and a half years. We are we just literally started building last last week actually, when we talked about the first time, we had just started doing you know, environmental studies, soil studies, all that stuff, you know, doing all the paper, all the studies, and then KOVID hit four minutes slowed us up, but then we got back into it. But now everything is official. Construction actually literally started last week.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful man, that's beautiful man. And is that where we were talking about the Chinese helping out with the electricity.
Speaker 1: No, that's no, that has nothing to do with has nothing to do nothing at all.
Speaker 3: The Chinese side was acon lighting and that's when we were providing solar lights to you know, it started with villages. Then we got then we expanded and got into government contracts to do utility work, scale work, so we would kind of just take a specific side of the city and electrify that whole area and then connect to the city above or whatever the case, till we got the whole country. But then, I mean, when we got the support from the Chinese with that billion dollar credit line, we was able to expand into sixteen different countries.
Speaker 2: In Africa because there was there was there's still places in Africa without electricity. Yeah really, oh yeah, like villages.
Speaker 1: Yeah, real, Africa's huge.
Speaker 3: It's gonna take another forty fifty years to light the whole continent up.
Speaker 1: It's gonna take time.
Speaker 2: Yeah wow, ye, like because we see like places like indigitous.
Speaker 3: Right, there's still some area indigenous areas in Africa, and I heard.
Speaker 2: There's even places. I know Africa is huge. I heard there's one place in Africa where there's like no outside people is allowed.
Speaker 1: Like it's like, I mean ship. There's place like that in California and in New York, a certain place you can't want even the cops can't come in Africa.
Speaker 3: Mean, personally, I haven't never experienced no areas like that, but I'm sure there's areas out there that they've never seen white people or they've never seen foreigners come and dressed a certain kind of way. Because if you go deep in Africa where there's no.
Speaker 1: Airports in the countryside, like the rural areas, there's areas where there's not even no cars. Maybe you know what I'm saying, that's.
Speaker 2: How big this place is. Riding horses, you think, or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're still riding horse. I mean beautiful horses too, beautiful horses. Holy, you don't fuck with lions and ship like that.
Speaker 2: That's a different kind of questions because you see rich people have lions, knowice in the house.
Speaker 3: Don't forget you must have forgot. I had two tigers in my house in Atlanta. Like, those are my real pets. Like that, those are pest.
Speaker 1: Those are the.
Speaker 3: Shoes cats all day, black panthers, tigers one thousand percent. Bro, put your dog up against my lion, and see what happened.
Speaker 2: Just imagine you ever walked your dog around the neighborhood and I don't like them? I mean, you're lying. You ever walked into the like Tyson said?
Speaker 1: He what is what?
Speaker 2: He said?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He slept with his lions. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: He was like, how does that work? He said, it doesn't work.
Speaker 3: But the kids you gotta raise them from from cubs though, right right, once you get up a baby, you got to declare them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might want to declare them and defang them, I think or whatever.
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 1: The defanging ain't gonna really do much because they still got a hard bite.
Speaker 7: Like, Bro, that.
Speaker 1: Defanging means nothing.
Speaker 2: I really don't.
Speaker 1: If they come at you is done because these teeth are still existing. It's just the things that you can't take those teeth because I got to eat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, listen, you mistreated, It's gonna come for you. What.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't want to no pet like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's any pant though. That's truth, that's the truth. Yes, he said, I see the street is donna come for you. I've seen the story the other day that I think. What's his name, Joe Rogan. He said, this is how ill pip is.
Speaker 2: That he came home. His piple was cut all up, wow, like cut all up all over his face. His piple was cut up. So he in his back and everything. So he took the dog and he brung the dog to the hospital hospital system up. But then when he brung him back, he wanted to understand no one knows the story. He wanted to. He wanted to to see what exactly happens. So he followed the the trail of his dog and he saw ten coyotes. Ten dead coyotes, nine dead coyotes. So the coyotes was coming in trying to kill him, and the dog held it down against nine. He killed nine coyotes. Bro, that's that's kind of hard, and that's hard, like that's that's a lawyer asked, I said, maybe every time I see it, put bull down like this.
Speaker 1: Like this.
Speaker 2: Make sure me and you're on a good level.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: All right, So we're gonna go into some.
Speaker 2: Of these hits.
Speaker 1: Man, We're gonna go into some of these hits. Man, where did we start?
Speaker 2: Let's start with the two Like I said earlier, Uh, if you're in the club and you don't hear these two records, that means you're in the worst club there ever is. If they won't play I want to Walk You Sweet and Snoop Dogg and if they don't play Smack that I suggest.
Speaker 1: You immediate.
Speaker 2: Immediately.
Speaker 1: But what was it?
Speaker 2: What was Let's let's start with one. I want to fuck you obviously? What what what made you make that? Because girls say that too. It's not like only guys. The club is going on. You're like, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm trying to say, mean literally, but it's a unisex, it's a university. Did you did you think that was gonna be a unit set? And then where was your mind for listen to take?
Speaker 3: Yeah, at the time I was in Magic City when I break there, goddamn them pepper Wings.
Speaker 2: Actually, you know what's interesting? Day limit pepper wasn't popular there. That's a travesty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't. It wasn't popular in two thousand and eight. You gotta was y'all chopping on wings in two thousand and eight in Miami.
Speaker 3: There wasn't miamise either that or I wasn't up on it.
Speaker 2: Make sure we go back to I want to fuck you in and and Magic City. You keep saying that I'm gonna get back to what I want to try that. Hold hold on in your humble opinion. The first time you had limit pepper? Where was it that?
Speaker 1: Because this is this is is a big Miami, more Miami. But what's interesting is the first time I ever had it was here in Miami. Okay. Yeah, I ain't knowing about it until I in Miami, Okay, Because I told.
Speaker 3: You about that time, I didn't know what That's why it was like living pepper wings didn't exist at least for me. But I know when I came here, that's when I got put up on it.
Speaker 2: Then when I got home, would you had your first living pepper? You got birthday? Damn it. That's to me, that's what I heard. Living pepper is invented. That's what I don't know about that. I can't tell that to Atlanta nigga.
Speaker 1: He what.
Speaker 2: I realized more Miami than Listen. I realized, I gotta leave that set up to y'all. That's what you Miami.
Speaker 1: She's got a broader selection, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because I had it first in Cities, but then I had it very close in ONX as well.
Speaker 1: Didn't that take one?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: Maybe very soon, very soon? Okay, So you're in Magic City and you just said, man, I want to suck this bitch. Yeah, pretty much pretty much? So what the rhythm comes to you? Just looking at it? She's there?
Speaker 3: No, it was a thought, oh okay, like whatever song was playing, I was in the mood of that song, but it was really about her and what she was doing on that Okay. Then when I got to I mean it just, I mean literally left the studio, I mean left Magic went straight to the studio.
Speaker 1: He was writing, huh was you already writing in your mind?
Speaker 3: And I knew what I wanted to say, but I didn't know how I was gonna say it until after I made the beat.
Speaker 1: Then it just hit me. I knew exactly where I was gonna go with him.
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 1: I'm saying you made the beat, but she didn't. I was a producer, know you produced that.
Speaker 3: Everything that you heard me on the chorus, ninety five percent of stuff you heard me on the chorus beats that I mean, Yeah, that's how I used to deliver my songs with the chorus already on it.
Speaker 2: That's how you used to make placements.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, your publishing game is crazy and smart.
Speaker 8: It was easy to sell. The song was already done. I got to drop the verses, and then you get a block. I just write the verses for you too. It was literally that simple, Like, don't tell me. That's how Soul Survivor happened.
Speaker 1: Already chorus on it, beat, ready to go. It was actually gonna No, I'm not gonna tell that story, but yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: How I don't tell me beody no no, no, no, it was gonna be.
Speaker 1: If it would have been for anybody, it would have been for me. Put it so.
Speaker 3: But what's crazy was you had a song and you probably experiences where before you.
Speaker 1: He's a feature that shared somebody on it.
Speaker 3: He was like, man, think I'm gonna keep this with myself, Like as a producer, songwriter, right, it's some songs you just want to hold on to. That's the feeling I had after I did Soul Survivor. But then when I met with Jeezi and I heard his mixtape, Bruh you need this, I just jumped out the window. I was like, it's no way this nigga on this record is not going to be a bigger record. It was impossible. It was just impossible. So when I sent it to him, I wasn't sure if he liked it or how he felt about it, because it took about.
Speaker 1: Almost to the end of the day before I got it back.
Speaker 3: But the fact that I got it back the same day was kind of common because a lot of people at that time was always excited to get a con convict track, so they would do it real quick and sind the back. But Jez took a little bit longer than normal, and I was like, damn, sh ain't back yet. But when it came back, though, I was like, oh my god, I sent that shit over to Meach He was like, Nigga, so this ship we own like, because you got to stand around that time, BMF had the biggest brand, but no really no songs out there. They just them niggas will be on maybe out the Source magazine getting awards.
Speaker 1: And all that.
Speaker 2: Nigga, you're the best that I ever did.
Speaker 1: Niggas getting awards and everything with no ax out, no records, huh no, But they was the cultry man, it was, it was, it was, it was something. But Jeeze I just knew he was.
Speaker 2: Destined for it, you know. So let me ask you. Have you ever gave up a record and you was mad as ship for giving up a record?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I was never mad at giving up a record. But there are records that I gave up that I that I thought would be huge and it didn't. You thought that right, like I thought, and you know those records. It's kind of hard to kind of take him back to give him somebody else.
Speaker 1: So you just got to eat that, you know. Yea.
Speaker 2: You ever heard that track, jigga?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that I gave that up that it was that.
Speaker 2: When I heard they gave it the jay Z, I was, I was like, what they said, nor when we gave it to you? And I was like, but you could have told me I had no excuse track masters, I was.
Speaker 1: I was, yeah, but you're not. You know something you're gonna miss some You're gonna miss something and meant for you. Yeah, it just wasn't meant for him.
Speaker 3: He probably would have got too famous, and at that time it probably wasn't a good thing.
Speaker 2: It was wild as hell, Yes, it was wild.
Speaker 1: We finished I want to you? Then how did you ask the dog? I'm trying to say this, so I'm trying to we're trying to avoid that.
Speaker 2: But what made you want to ask now dog? Oh man?
Speaker 3: That was just it was I think that was all perfect timing because at that time Snoop was always he was. He was hitting me up for songs and I always wanted to work with him, but I just didn't have the right record that I felt I could put him on. And then the record got leaked, and when they got leaked in Miami, Pliz was on the record.
Speaker 1: So Pliz had the record first. Because what's interesting enough was what I originally did the record. I did it for Trick Daddy.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: Originally, I was like, because I didn't see myself doing that kind of record, even though it was a spa by the whole things.
Speaker 1: All my songs were aspired by something.
Speaker 3: But I would always handpick which I asked what I think will be able to take the record off. So at that time, I'm thinking it was gonna be trick daddy Wow. When I sent the record to Slip and Slide till his day till this day, I'm guessing I never knew.
Speaker 1: How Plies actually got the record.
Speaker 3: All I know is that one week Steve got a call that's nigga, we gotta fucking smash in Miami. That's all all over satellite radio and every fucking strip club, every club. The record is so big, we gotta do something about it. And I was like, well, let me hear the record, nigga. When I heard that shit, I was like, God, damn, who is this little nigga?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: So it was one of them things.
Speaker 2: And then oh he wasn't out yet, No, he was a new artist. Oh okay, okay, he's already out.
Speaker 1: But everybody agreed that this was a smashit record.
Speaker 3: But universe was going crazy because first of all the records out, I'm not clear.
Speaker 1: The ship is like, it's already a potential hit. What do we do?
Speaker 3: We gotta we gotta recover this record. So we're like, okay, well, we need to just snatch him off of and put somebody on the record.
Speaker 1: And then that's when I was like, well, shit, let's put Snoop on the record.
Speaker 3: He's been calling me for records and he's he'd be a perfect nigga on here. So I sent him to Snoop Literally the same day he came back with the record, bodied it, and these niggas have the record mastered, mixed, and put out the same week. S like literally that's saying cause we had to catch it. The record was moving too fast that plaus version was gone. But then I felt bad. I was like, damn, you know, he's a new artist. This would have been his big break.
Speaker 1: Like I felt fucked up because I knew how hard it was to get a record and go because I know what I went through and locked up.
Speaker 2: But do you think he leaked it?
Speaker 1: Without a doubt?
Speaker 2: De board the funk?
Speaker 1: I supposed to do that, but honestly, believe it or not, had he reached out before he did it, believe me, I know for sure, but no, because guess what, had he not leaked it, we wouldn't have known the record.
Speaker 3: Was that big, So who probably would have worked it out? It could have been right, It could have been a record him anyway if it had we known him before that ship took off. But it just, I mean, God has his own way of how things happen, right, So at that point I felt bad.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: So we got on the phone and I was like, look, man, you know it's business. Some of it is beyond what I can do.
Speaker 1: But don't worry. I'm gonna make it up to you.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, saying that's applies.
Speaker 3: Said it applies because I just felt bad because that was a smash, right, So I was like, all right, let me figure this out. So that's when I went into the studio and then I made hypnotize and I gave him hypnotized.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's so you.
Speaker 2: Take your talk for that's yeah, you was there all I got, Yo, that's crazy. I got all that in my notes. Okay, now, don't matter. Was that a sample? That was not a sample?
Speaker 3: It was all played all original. Yeah, but that was a melody part that I did take from Uh Bob.
Speaker 1: Marley we Gotta Fight for all right, Okay. I took a piece of that and added to the to the chorus. Okay, that's the only part of that sample not the beat.
Speaker 2: That's that was a rendition part Okay, okay, so Survival you just answered that question. So how about Lonely. Let's let's get into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lonely, I wrote that when I was locked up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that record was I wrote that when I was locked up, and then I recorded it when I got out.
Speaker 2: Oh really, the whole the whole thing, whole record.
Speaker 3: And yeah, the song was written, but then the beat at the time wouldn't create it until I got out. And that's when I was going through my crates and and heard the Bobby Venting sample and I spared that up and we did the beat around the voice.
Speaker 1: Hell of a producer. Motherfucker is just hitting us with genius.
Speaker 2: Ship Hold up, I'm not even ready for some of this ship Hold on, man, and you know what, let's skip around a little bit. We spoke about Jimmy I Bean, so let's talk about working with doctor Dre oh Man. Working with Dre was like, well, let me give you a two part question. Yeah, because is that is that Nate Dogg on that record? On which one on the record with you guys with Dre at the hold up? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: You know? I never asked Dre, who that was. I never asked what that was.
Speaker 2: You looked at the credits.
Speaker 1: I never looked at the credit. You that rich, you were credit. It's just, you know, like like when you work with.
Speaker 3: Certain people like that, you kind of already know what the split is gonna before you get in, regardless of who you add to it.
Speaker 1: Dre, already know what you're gonna get, already know what I'm gonna get. You know what you're gonna get, and.
Speaker 3: Whoever else is involved, y'all split that amongst y'all type of thing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So, but overall, was y'all in this studio together making that record.
Speaker 1: We was in the studio together making records, but that one specifically was I was. I was traveling.
Speaker 3: That's when I did my I did everything for it, and then I sent it to them, And then when Dre sent it back to me, he had the snoop on his verse on there and the hold up voices. So I wasn't sure if that was actual Nate or someone else that sounded like him, or maybe something sampled from an older song added you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you know, Dre, you don't really.
Speaker 1: You just let him do what you ask, no question, like you know what I'm saying, Like, came back and fucking smashed, That's all I know. Yeah, right, yeah, beautiful, beautiful was amazing.
Speaker 2: How did you make that that one?
Speaker 1: I think that was around the time when I hold it before good and beautiful my back. Did you you say where you was at when you recorded the drake?
Speaker 2: What did you say?
Speaker 7: Where?
Speaker 1: Where were your traveling dre?
Speaker 9: I was on I was on tour actual, so tourte that normal, normal.
Speaker 3: So I went in the studio though, but I had I had, I had a studio in my bus. So that's how I was able to get the records out at the same time. And that's how I actually I was able to get sorry blame me response so quick because when that whole controversy hit, I was actually on the road with Gwen.
Speaker 2: Stefani when when you made the record.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, blame me. I made that on the bus.
Speaker 2: Did Why did you make that?
Speaker 3: Because it was no, it was you know because at the time it was it was a huge controversy about uh, the club appearance that I made and intrider Dad and the underage girl snugging and was part of this dance whining contest and unfortunately she snug out the house.
Speaker 1: Her dad was a preacher and he woke up and saw.
Speaker 2: That she won on the first on the front page, like it was a big thing, right, you know what I mean there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he flipped out, like you know Literada.
Speaker 3: So at that point her age was revealed because the daddy was like, she's underage, how do you guys allow her to go into the club of the Da Dada And everybody was shocked because they was like, wait a minute, this is twenty one and older club, Like how was she fifteen in there?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But the pop was just so hype about it, and of course me being a celebrity being attached, it just made a huge thing. And then Verizon pulled my sponsorships and all of this.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: Whenst Fani though, rode with me because that Verizon sponsorship sponsored the whole tour and.
Speaker 6: I was on it.
Speaker 3: So they came to home it was like, listen, con if you want us to continue sponsoring this tour, you need to pull him off your tour.
Speaker 1: And she was like, I'm not doing that, going to start finding against the nigga. She rocked with me though, ah no, no, yep, yeah, let's talk about that the Sweetest Scape as well, while we're on the right, y yeah, sweet es scpe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so sweet Eskatee was crazy. So Jimmy I Bean called me and was like, listen, I want you to go in with Gwyn. I was like, absolutely, I love Gwyn. This is before the tour, obvious, this is before the tour.
Speaker 1: This was before the tour.
Speaker 3: She had just finished her album, but they needed that one record like they would need it one record.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: And I was like, well, let me hear the album and see what she got, and then I see, you know what I can put for. When I heard the album, it was a little different from what I would have wanted for her on the album, being who she was in the timeline in which she was recording those records, I felt there was a certain direction that I felt like she needed to go. So I just did that direction for the single that they wanted for, and while we were in the studio, that's when we wrote sweet Escape, right. So when we sent that over to Jimmy, he was like, man, this record is fucking amazing. But there wasn't enough time to do more records because she was literally like dropping that week. So we said, let's maximize this actual song because this could be the first record out. So they end up taking the song. It became in the first single. Then it became the song became the name of the album, Sweet Escape. Then they set up a whole tour around that song called Sweet Escape Tour, so that song became her whole marketing, imaging the whole like movement.
Speaker 1: For that whole album. Wow, you orchestrated that far. I made the record Jimmy Orchestra.
Speaker 6: But everything you're saying goes in line with you're saying that Jimmy is a kingmaker, because here you are blessing all these artists and helping and making their careers as well, right, which is crazy.
Speaker 3: You know, because I think sometimes it helps to have just new blood around that see things differently from how you know your core see it because oftentimes, like primise app let's say a building like Universe of for instance, they got to set group of producers that they go to every time.
Speaker 1: They sound acts. You know what I'm talking abo right now?
Speaker 3: Of course, set group of writers that they go to every time they sign to act, they all start to sound like they all start to feeling like there's nothing different because they's using the same producers that's been proven to have hit records. It becomes like a cookie cutter thing exactly. And I think that's what Jimmy was trying to cut away from. So that's why he started bringing in people that looked at the projects differently. Because even when you started, when you heard the first album versus the album that I was working on, there wasn't that much of a growth change. But when you hear that record on that album, you can hear the difference from that record versus everything else that was on there, you know what I'm saying, And.
Speaker 1: That means he's willing to take chances.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Me, I want to give you what you ain't got.
Speaker 3: I want to give you something that the audience can listen to it and say, oh, they stepping it up or they've grown from where it used to be, you know what I mean. But at the same time keeping integrity and what it is you bring to the table, but you also taking it to a level to where you look like you're becoming bigger than what you was before they.
Speaker 1: Experienced you you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's crazyd damn it, Man, this is this is crazy. What are some of the producers that you haven't worked with that you would like to work with?
Speaker 1: Interestingly enough, I haven't worked with.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: The only producers that I actually ever worked with on collaboration. Remember he's producing, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Polo Polo and don I work. I worked with him on some collaboration stuff. Who nah me and Kanye hasn't We never worked on anything collaborative That could be crazy, yo, now that I think about it, he's the only no metro booming. Metro Booman worked on some stuff together and nothing on the track Man worked on. But that's all after my time. But during my time was I actually wasn't working with any producers?
Speaker 1: Were doing a work myself?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Hell yeah, some of the people will tymbling. I would love to do it. I think me and Tim together will come up with some.
Speaker 2: Because ain't you we're taking over right well? College, Ye, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Danger?
Speaker 3: I did some stuff with Runners as well too, Yeah, and Danger was on Yeah, Danger was we.
Speaker 1: Take production on.
Speaker 2: I mean when we did the first interview with him, it was that callin studio. I think they were.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: It was that college studio.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was yeah, yeah, that was my home. Like that was my home bro.
Speaker 3: Like even till this day when I record in Miami, I go right back there, call it never.
Speaker 2: There playing golf.
Speaker 1: No, the ship got.
Speaker 2: Couple of golf digest.
Speaker 1: I don't know what kind of you got college, but is working.
Speaker 3: Keep going like yeah, that's that's like my studio now. Like I'd be like, okay, I'm in Miami. He said, well, you know what, the dude, I ain't there, Like he gave me somebody to talk to, the open up, close.
Speaker 2: Up everything like that. Yeah, that's exactly what it was. That's exactly what it was.
Speaker 1: That's like my home in Miami. You played golf.
Speaker 3: Actually I just started playing golf a year ago. I started my first golf tournament with Steve Harvey in Dubai, oh Shire.
Speaker 1: And and it was crazy. What's crazy?
Speaker 6: Was right?
Speaker 1: I cast some less before I started.
Speaker 2: Top golf, no actual golf.
Speaker 1: I was playing top golf before I got there, so I got the basic. My drive was already crazy because of top golf. Couple.
Speaker 2: That's my friends telling me right, tone bask myself don't get on the field first to the top golf telling you.
Speaker 1: The mini golf.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for the putty. I was tling on the putts though. What saved me was we was playing by teams, So I do the drives boom twenty five on my first drives, bro, like killing it. But then when it's time to putt, you know, somebody the team that was good at putting gets So the first UH Golf tournament, we actually came number one. We were in first place. But then the second year when we came then they started bringing professionals out, so then we was last place. Oh no, we was playing some real top people. It's just the second time, you know, they they they're.
Speaker 1: Up, Danny.
Speaker 2: Play golf.
Speaker 1: No, but it's fun.
Speaker 2: Know it's addictive, bro, once you start. Yeah, it's addictive.
Speaker 1: It seems like it's addictive. It's addictive. Is it expensive? No, not at all, not at all. Yeah. If you go on the average day you go to play golf, you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Be spending party a little bit und the final really, but and they smoked cigars and I see I see a lot of motherfuckers getting drunk out of there. Deals people make deals on the golf course.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's that's what used to happen. How you take that they just tell secrets? Is that how you take being made?
Speaker 2: Let them get drunk and then you got a peanut klada and let's take a sip first, let's go.
Speaker 7: Y.
Speaker 1: So what is this?
Speaker 2: Is something we didn't ask you in a quick time and slive very famous? Uh on this show? Major or independent?
Speaker 7: What do?
Speaker 2: What do you prefer?
Speaker 1: All Right? So when I was major, I was screaming independent.
Speaker 2: Right you got independent?
Speaker 1: A you're gonna look it's interesting.
Speaker 2: It's interesting.
Speaker 3: When I was major, I was screaming independent all day. I was convincing everybody to go independent, independent, dependent. But that's because that was before I realized who I was. Because I never felt famous like I always felt like you know, see me now, like by myself, I always feel normal. But then when I got off the major and went independent, I said, independent ain't really for me.
Speaker 1: Because I'm too big to be independent.
Speaker 3: I need to be structured and managed by a major label because of who I'm who I am already. Now, if you're an artist that are beginning, or you got a nice little bubble within your your area or territory. Independence for you because you can grow independent and build your structure to become what you know, like manages your career self, you know what I'm saying, and grow to that level. But it's it's in steps, it's all the stages. But the artist that just comes from a major label and just goes deep diving independent, it's a bad idea, that's what.
Speaker 6: And that's why you always say that's because because I'm always advocating for independence, he's always advocate FA.
Speaker 2: But this is the thing when you're in a situation in the era that.
Speaker 3: Sinse because you're looking at the numbers that you're making these niggas and you're like, man if I could make that for me, but we don't also realize all the resources that have taken the machine, the machine that's the supportist, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You gotta realize, like you have to really grind.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And by the way, depending on your label, you gotta grind. When you're on a major with no dispec major, there's not The major labels are sometimes incompetent it sometimes their workers are just people that's lucky to be there. And it's also a lot of hookups. It's a lot. It's a lot of like like, this guy doesn't deserve that job that he has. His uncle hooked him up, so he's fucking up. So you gotta you gotta grind hard enough on the major. But if you for major spends three to ten million dollars on you, they can't take that back, right, So you need to get that back, and then you need to be as much independent within that major as possible. You know what I mean for you to make it work. That's what you owe it. You owe it.
Speaker 6: Let's let's be clear. You owe it, and contractually you got to get that money back and then you got to.
Speaker 1: Go through it.
Speaker 3: Well, actually, it's not even about contracts and moneys and recoups at that stage. It's about visibility, right because guess what, when you're out there and you're visible, the money gonna come. You can work, especially when you're bring out great product, right, But if you don't have the push and you're not visible, I don't care how dope you shit is.
Speaker 1: Nobody If nobody hears that, nobody can react to it. Right. So this the money that they're putting in you that gives you the exposure that you need to make money. So yeah, they're recouping, but you also have an avenue to make more money like music should. Also, your brand is larger.
Speaker 2: Right, your brand is larger.
Speaker 1: Opportunities come.
Speaker 3: There's revenue and the opportunities from a ubstantial of making money that comes to you that the label don't share in.
Speaker 6: So that's really the bad. But this is the thing, this is what I'm always telling them. The percentage of the people that are successful in that system are smaller. So what I always advocate is be independent, to go to a major and take advantage of a deal that you could do with major because you're already independent, versus.
Speaker 1: You go in the fresh. You're gonna be taking advantage of fresh. You're gonna be on the shelf, right listen, that's successful. It's small.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. The greatest example the other day because you know, like I said, I would going to Paris for my wife's birthday, and I remember me going to Europe and me being able to do a component Noriega show, a Nori hosting, and then the Nori Latin show like all in one day because I was I was three different artists to these guys and they didn't see me but I wouldn't been able to pull that off as an independent art.
Speaker 6: But you were in the heyday of the labels, of the heyday of the industry, and you were you were reggae Thrombow.
Speaker 1: I know, but you that was what they came through, the reggae thone hey day, but it wasn't hip hop.
Speaker 6: No, but you still had what you were doing already from the past. Yes, you had past hit single on a major lader. I was trying to say, I'm just saying that. It's what I'm trying to say, is you are that percentage, that top percentage that did get through and could take advantage of that major deal.
Speaker 2: No, I think I took risk to be a part of that Percentagecause you gotta remember, like even like when I did, everyone laughed at me, included him, you know, everyone was everyone laughed at as a Latino hip hop headsprints and hip hop is him and Fat Joe and they both was like, don't do that.
Speaker 1: Ship.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yo, what But at least years later they was like, we were wrong. But you know, we got to realize I had to go against the machine that was actually going against the machine. When I brung the record to depth. Jam I kid you not, this is a real story. I burned the record to death.
Speaker 7: Jam.
Speaker 2: I was like, yo, I want to put this out. And then they looked at they they laughed at me too. They was like, you wonder what I was like, I want to body and they looking at me like you're a hip hop artist. They didn't know what reggae throne was. I was like, yo, this is music in Puerto Rico.
Speaker 1: I love that ship.
Speaker 2: I love this ship. And they were like, they were looking at me like this this is your Remember how game gang Star? Gang Star did the jazz album, and I remember good to the Jazz album. I could imagine you know, you know it's it's Beyonce later on the Spanish album so Many, But I was the first and I'm looking at that and they like, because you know, I got the war report. I made the war report. And They're looking at me like this is the exact But I'm like, I'm like, but I'm Puerto Rican, Like why can should I be held to it? So I did, like I said, I went against the masters. And it went from this is this is a real story. Kevin Laws is my boy, Kevin Lowles said, I said I'm gonna take this record and I'm gonna give it to uh. I will give it to just the Spanish DJs. So I didn't even give it to no black DJs, no white DJs. I gave it the DJ enough DJ Camillo, Felly fat foun what's my other man, Julio g uh. If it was just lat and I gave it to you, I gave it to him. He ain't play that ship, say I joking. He shouted on me in my face though at least he too wave me though he said in my face that Joe laughed in my face. So then so the record, the record, I make it just for a Porto parade. So this is three weeks before the reporter parade and get five hundred spins. Didn't get fifteen hundred spins, didn't get thirty five hundred spence did they get? Wow, this is on his own.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 2: If you're a huge I ain't gonna lie one thing. You gotta depend on lat thing you know is they Yeah, that's what listen that record? You see that record, That's all I was doing. I was catering to the Latin audience. I was like, you want to fuck must support me. They kicked me out of hip hop right now. They kicking me out of hip hop for fucking with y'all. Fucking with y'all, and the record became number one. I had one hundred and forty million audience. I remember. I remember l A Reed coming to me. It was like you you you beat Mariah Carry this month. And I didn't know what that meant, but I know what it meant. Yes, I said that was shoot.
Speaker 1: I said, holy mor biggest female artists on a planet.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna tell you something. This is the first time I knew that New York had seven radio stations. I had only knew about Hot ninety seven. I only knew about Power one on five. I had nothing to know about k T You. I never knew about mag Bad GUYE I never I never knew about I never knew about I'm doing radio now different, different, I'm on pop like I'm on pop. The record was so big. I remember me. The record was so big one time. I remember me being the club and the dude just bumping into me and gone.
Speaker 1: Just looking at He's ice frilling me, singing me.
Speaker 2: I just say, you a legend. No, but so I say that to say, I said, to say, now, look at the trifecta of that they go got the wrong was originally on that record. They got it on and Daddy Yankee took two different approaches. When Dago was on the record, the record was spiked in just Latino community. Daddy Yankee made a deal with Interschool Intersco said it's in their best interest to help depth Caam blow him up on my condo. And then and then and then we helped them on Gasolina remakes and look how look how because a two major. I'm not trying to get you the course over your major side, but I'm just I'm just give you a sam. No, I'm sorry, cause I keep looking at you. I want you to think like, but what I'm saying is, look, look look at that had had had those because if you look at the two, it's five of the major records that hit reggae throne. Right, I believe it's reggae thro Latino. I believe it's Gasolina And but you know you actually make it My point. No, No, what I'm saying is if you do something independently improve it, then it gives you more leverage and not in the machine.
Speaker 1: I got you.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying for this, for this being like so new, for it to be commercialized, for it to get on MTV.
Speaker 1: You couldn't have been independent for.
Speaker 2: It to get on exactly but you.
Speaker 1: But you started the buzz independently. Nobody believed in it, right absolutely, that was my point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's yeah, that's I'm trying to say.
Speaker 3: It's like, but yeah, y'all, do know y'all both for right, yes, yes, but at the time and when you was active, independent was unheard of.
Speaker 1: Work.
Speaker 2: Yes, trust it would work.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: But today independents are actually more effective than the majors because of the new technologies and all the other you know, yeah, and because of streaming, but all the resource that's been created for the user.
Speaker 6: Well, the thing is independent works depending on what you want out of being independent.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: If if someone's trying to be big and they want to make certain kind of bread, maybe it wouldn't work. But maybe someone wants more creative you know, luxuries to be able to do whatever the fuck they want.
Speaker 1: I mean, you give you that with a major as well.
Speaker 3: The only difference is the audience knows the difference between a major push and an independent push and it's just unfortunate that today's audience now they rather support the underdog, right well, they don't even know anymore because they know they knew is when SoundCloud became what it was, because that was the home of the underdogs. SoundCloud became where all the majors started picking from, like all of.
Speaker 1: Them, you know what I'm saying. And that's what they stopped artists development. Now it's TikTok. I can't stand TikTok. Now, tiktoki.
Speaker 2: I can't even I can't stand. I can't stand it, yo. But let's talk about ring tones. Was that something that that that?
Speaker 6: Because that's crazy that that's like non existent really how big it was.
Speaker 2: But that was the first time. I don't know if you've seen Snoop recently, Snoopers like, man, he was talking to Larry Jackson. He's like, Larry Jackson's talking all this crazy ship. But I'm priatephras and obviously, and he's like, but us as artists, we don't even know how much we get a stream. We don't really tell, you know, but uh, how do you what?
Speaker 1: Ringtones?
Speaker 2: So Ringtones the first time I complain because I was just like what the fuck is this ship? Like, why is my ship platinum? And I'm not receiving nothing for it? What I understood was it was going under electronical rights. Yeah, you you you signed over your digital rights digital rights. I didn't. I didn't know about that. That's what I don't think.
Speaker 1: It wasn't You heard it too to it.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't there that the word.
Speaker 3: Digital wasn't it At the time when when you signed your original contract, it was that language wasn't there. But at the second time, when they renegotiated a little bit more money.
Speaker 2: You ain't even care what that was. You just wanted that money. Yeah, I got a I got this clearly said digital right. No, I got disagree. I don't think it was dead. I don't think it was.
Speaker 3: I promise you where year was that this was? Well, well, any year, any year after two thousand and six.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, no, no, wait, because they changed they changed the language in two thousand and four. Okay, okay, most people ain't start catching to two thousand and six.
Speaker 2: That's probably when I caught it.
Speaker 3: You caught chosen you're on the renegotiation. That's where a lot of people got hit. Okay, that's where a lot of people got hit. See what what made me a little bit different was I was a businessman first, right, and then when we and it started because s r C was a little bit slow on so in situations too, because they had a boutique label.
Speaker 1: They were just distributed by major.
Speaker 3: So it gave me more time to understand what was going on, understand the business a little bit more because Steve Riffins was wide open.
Speaker 1: He was very transparent about it's work, right.
Speaker 3: So God, So I'm looking at how much singles were selling, but then the ring tones everywhere I go. I would hear songs on people's phones and I say, yo, how much? Like how much is that that you're paying for? They said fort ninety nine. I said, damn, that's for like a couple of seconds fort ninety nine and were selling singles for one ninety nine for four minutes.
Speaker 1: I said, wait, hold on, this is different. How much? Let me find out how much I'm getting.
Speaker 3: So I call my turn I say, yo, how much do I make from those ringtones if somebody use my phone? He said, well, let me check your contract. He said, oh, well, I don't know, it's not in your contract. I said, what do you mean, it's not in my contract. He said, it's not in here. It says nothing about ringtone sells anything digital. So that that stuff with me. So then I started making music. Specifically, put the phone because it's four ninety nine for a few seconds. Any basic businessman, I tell you that's where the money is.
Speaker 1: So every song that we was releasing was very ring tone friendly, especially mister Lonely Right.
Speaker 2: So then we put that thing original TikTok boom.
Speaker 1: It is definitely good.
Speaker 2: Describe it, yes, right now, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So then we put the records out, but we would always make ring tone versions, chop them up into the different parts of the song we chopped.
Speaker 1: That was like my main focus. I didn't care about the singles and we just focused on the folks.
Speaker 3: Every record I produced, I made sure it's ringtone friendly, pup and before you know it, bro we was making so much on ring tones.
Speaker 1: But it was money sitting in the pipeline.
Speaker 2: You had to go claim it.
Speaker 1: Yes, And they think I ain't know, but I knew because they don't know that I knew. So I'm just letting the pile up. Letting the pile up. Renegotiation came.
Speaker 2: Nigga, I gotta put it down female a city.
Speaker 1: Boy. They tried to split that digital language, and I said, that's a separate deal all together. I advanced for the digital side because I bro At that time, I was in a Guinness Book of World Records for the most ring tone sold ever, I mean, above Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, any catalog beetles. It didn't matter. We trumped everybody. So we just waited and you made a separate deal. First, digital was a whole nother deal. They had nothing to do it and lot sales and tapes and CDs. This is digital's hold us something. We don't even know what this is yet, you know what I'm saying. And that's where ringtos first fell on the exactly anything.
Speaker 2: I'm like, digital's too broad.
Speaker 1: Let's break that down, like what you meant?
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, it's too broad.
Speaker 1: And these contras do that to you because they can, they can actually win because it actually literally is and they counting on you not really reading the contract, they counting on you not understanding it.
Speaker 3: But what's interesting is even the attorneys at that time didn't really understand it because those guys are just guys sitting in the office. But I was always a tech tech. I was just always tech. I was always ahead of text. This is some of our tech that I just I was. I just always loved you know what I'm saying. So the word digital mad, I knew exactly what that meant. But I also knew where the world was going. And I just ain't want nothing to come and you know, and I want to be a part of everything. So I said, no, let's let's define what this is specifically, so if some a new technology come, we can define that as it comes.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So was iTunes back then?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: iTunes At that time they was fighting against Napster least the ship for free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nash is the beginning of streaming. Honestly, they the godfather in the stream. I put that and they said that music was going to be free for all. They could not understanding. Look at today. I remember when I went on down Stock, I cried. They had all my shit on there.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, it's like, oh my god, what do you do? What do you playing to?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Because I don't be one people who listen to myself for free? Fuck that.
Speaker 6: Fuck them fighting the bootleggings. You're beating up the poor bootlegs. Let's go on, what are you doing here? Okay, So in the vein of seeing the future and the technology, what are you thinking now about AI?
Speaker 1: What's that? Where is that going for? It is dangerous? Yes, it's dangerous. Can do a whole album with you. You ain't even gotta be there. I mean there's a lot of different aspects to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not Yeah, that's not the part of scares me because, like I told you, when I look at I'm thinking about twenty five years from now, AI has created It's almost like you know how they got the saying that everything you see in the movies eventually happens.
Speaker 1: It's actually very true. Robot everything very matrix terminated. Let me play how let me play how I robot?
Speaker 3: And this actually relates. Okay, we're talking about AI. This is machine learning.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: The problem with about the problem with us is humans. We are just very arrogant and we're super greedy. It's never enough for us. It always got to be more. We always want more. Right as if right now world.
Speaker 1: Amazing that we just ain't satisfied.
Speaker 2: We just got to build better, right, Why let me play with with with.
Speaker 1: With machines or computers.
Speaker 3: For instance, when you build a computer that can teach itself to teach yourself, computers already smarter than we are.
Speaker 1: Right, right, because of the computing power, how fast they can right, computer is already smarter than us.
Speaker 3: This is the process, right, So now imagine when the when the when the computer.
Speaker 1: Itself can teach itself.
Speaker 3: What happens is it'll start teaching itself things that we can't uncold.
Speaker 1: Could we code itself. It's thank you, it'll code itself. You can't control with the coldes because depending on the original programmer, whether he's thinking positive or negative, whether it's someone that want to change the world or destroy the world.
Speaker 3: That's where it becomes complicated, because if you find somebody that's creating situations that's in his best interest, and he may just be smart.
Speaker 1: Enough to crowd something that's gonna continue to you know, like teach yourself to a certain level. Then computers become a threat.
Speaker 3: Let's say hypothetically, computers in the security sector. Everything is a threat to the computer. It doesn't know that you're approaching me with good intentions. It just knows that you're walking up on me with a gun on your you know, on your waist, and your hot and your blood pressure is spiked up, maybe just because you just take blood pressure medicine.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: The first thing is going to happen is and that's what's happening. They're using machines for weapon. But in order to make a weapon, you also got to make something that's gonna protect. Right, So what's gonna happen is everybody that's actually against AI comes a threat now, so guess what they have to create machines to protect us from those who are against it, right, imagine that. Right, let's just say we don't want man, we're not for that. Okay, we're already on record. They know where we live, they know where we at all times. They have all our information, all our data, meta data, everything about us. They know, bro all just trying to figure out if you getting tapped. Yes, nigga, you are, bottom line, they know everything. That's how AI is even existing the day with all this information. Right, so now they know that we're against AI, so called against AI, we're already a threat to the system. So now those machines are watching us, checking for us. The moment we make a move that feels that it's a threat to the whole situation, we are terminated.
Speaker 6: And it can calculate your moves because they get and say, okay, this is.
Speaker 3: Probably thing, So now let's take it further. Right, they didn't already dealt with the ones that's against it. Now the ones that's against it got families.
Speaker 2: They go against them too.
Speaker 1: Now they're against it. It's just a matter of time before those machines turn from protecting.
Speaker 2: Us to go in after us.
Speaker 1: I mean, it may not happen like this, but it's just a matter of time because the more the machines get smarter they become, they become what takes control of everything. Guess how many jobs are gonna get lost? Yep, millions of jobs.
Speaker 2: I already seen the garbage truck with no garbage men.
Speaker 1: Now we take it even a step further. So the people that lost millions of jobs right, ain't got no way to feed their family. What they're gonna do.
Speaker 3: They're gonna turn to the street to turn it some against their own nature to feed their families.
Speaker 1: So now they've become the outlaw.
Speaker 3: And guess why I got to get protected from the machines, not have to protect those outlaws that lost all their jobs because of the machines to feed their families, and they become a threat and before you know it, some tragic's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: It's just a matter of time before we kill ourselves. Yeah, I mean, it's not really far and that's just going that way. What it could do.
Speaker 6: I mean it could be as simple as AI is created to protect the environment. Who's the worst person against the environment.
Speaker 1: It's the human things.
Speaker 2: And then the says the humans the problem because we are humans controlling the a I don't know, we.
Speaker 1: Are always doing so. It's this is why it is dangerous. One like this is why is dangerous? Wizard behind this was dangerous? Nobody who controlling this is? We created it to teach and control itself. It's intelligence, artificial intelligence. It teaches it.
Speaker 3: There's there's no there's no senses of it. It doesn't have feeling, it doesn't have emotion.
Speaker 2: It does a big like place somewhere where we like, as did.
Speaker 6: Multiple companies and governments, like he said, there's multiple entities doing it in their own way however they want, right, But there's there was an AI that taught itself in a language that was never programmed to even learn a language, tought itself banglades Bangladeshi or whatever.
Speaker 1: The name of the languages, but you know, Banglo, Banglanese, whatever, but.
Speaker 2: I thought itself a language.
Speaker 6: But that's wild that a computer taught itself a language without being programmed to do that, right.
Speaker 3: The problem is we can't control it once it gets to the point of teaching itself, right, because when it starts to teach yourself, it acts on.
Speaker 1: What it teaches itself.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you can turn it off, all right, cool, But there's a million other ones that's open right now that's still plugged in then when they are But you used to have a big database in every part of the world because they always got separate database in case one go wrong and one get bombed or whatever. But we're just talking just basic analogies' hypotheticals. But now we're talking about war because really AI is really to gain knowledge and be able to gain positioning when it comes to war, threat from other countries and other foreign nations and whatever the case may be.
Speaker 1: But the problem is the world is living on fear. Right as long as we.
Speaker 2: Living on fear.
Speaker 1: Everything is a threat. So as long as everything's a threat, nobody's safe. That's the problem.
Speaker 2: There's an arm race, arms race to create app Every government is doing it.
Speaker 3: Everybody's doing it just but they're doing it to use it as a weapon though. That's what's dangerous. That's the scarier part.
Speaker 2: I thought they was doing it just to use Biggie and.
Speaker 6: Prodigy versus you ain't hear Ice Cube Ice said, he said, is the mark? He said, you used my voice. I'm showing you in any platform.
Speaker 2: To post it. And I and I agree, that's music is actually was the biggest threat. I'm like, you got your own Biggie boy. I mean, if you're talking about that's you're thinking for music, for musical, You're right, it's endless things. I heard. I heard Biggie spit in New York state of mind. I said, wait a minute, that's not But what you.
Speaker 6: Got to worry about is when Nori is calling the police and say I admit to this crime. That's what you gotta worry about. That's what the everyday person's voice being.
Speaker 1: Used, right, and that could be done by your baby mama.
Speaker 2: I don't like you.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that one knows me because you got like nine wives. Right, no comments, you said it last time, no comment, you wind that back. I learned my lesson.
Speaker 2: That's like more making the record or performing it.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, me.
Speaker 3: I like both, man, Yeah, I like both because it's nothing like making the record and creating something and you're like, Dann, this is crazy. But then when you see how other people are reacting to it, that that's that's the only high experience really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so both, Yeah, definitely place to perform Africa, Africa, Yeah or Africa, it don't matter. Africa is always crazy. Wow, always crazy. India always crazy India. India is always crazy.
Speaker 2: Mumbai, Mumbai, mum by m bye. You don't have to use your your eyebrows to say about man.
Speaker 1: Man what riga again?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Rather loud you go.
Speaker 3: Viral and Mumbai Now so what that's the nucleus boy? Without that man, that'd be no acon by. So let me ask you, he's a slap Steve be like, YO, treat him good. That's my African.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you right, like, are you in the cars like I used to be? Because I used to be. I nearly told he was in the cars I used to have like twenty cars at one time.
Speaker 1: Thirty five cars. That's the legit side, though, is the ones that you get.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about legal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was thirty All was white, white interior, every last huh. I mean it does comes from the mother lamb bro he was, he was, so they all was white, white interior, white interia, white exterior.
Speaker 2: So you never smoked the ship. They trying to get me up out of here. Wrap it up, independent, puppy. You know you want to come over here, party, be over here.
Speaker 1: Party. You're just talking about this record?
Speaker 2: So so damn And what are you in the muscle cars now?
Speaker 1: At the time, I was into more sports cars, Supercarsmborghini. Bugattis all that pung ganis.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not called Bugti. That's all he was pronounceing with it.
Speaker 1: You got a Bugatti and then you have a pool no Bugatti, and it was a what was it again? It's a Bugatti and a pughanikay, I don't know what is sot.
Speaker 3: Pugani at that time was more expensive than the Bugti. It's called puganis under and.
Speaker 2: Where that should come from?
Speaker 1: That's come from.
Speaker 3: It's an Italian cars.
Speaker 1: Muti pu Ghani, pum Ghani, Pugani do soth Indian. It's called look it up crazy, look like Bollywood at the time. That's that's yeah, that car. That car was more expensive than a Bugatti at that time. But you couldn't even get that in the United States because the specs didn't match the US standards. So I bought it fluid to Canada and then drove it into the States. That's how I got it in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the troopers from Canada let you in. They said, that's a car.
Speaker 1: Let to them now, don't care papers to get in. They like, that's a nice cars.
Speaker 2: A lot of criminals. Canada is like so far away, right, I know, Drake you yeah, Drake, Drake got the pull.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because even now today, when I go into Canada, I have to fill out the whole I gotta leave a bond, all that craziness.
Speaker 2: Wait, a bond, a fifty.
Speaker 3: Thousand dollars bond to make sure I don't start no trouble. And if I come in with no problems and they give me the money back and it's all from my like twenty twenty four, twenty five year old record from a record, yeah from twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: Bro like, but not a music record. No, like, like you're right right, oh your record. Yeah, they go back into your priors, just your arrest record, and they're using that against you now. Oh yeah yeah, but you get in all the time.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but you got to go through the whole process, getting lawyer, do the paperwork.
Speaker 1: Really, that's fuck no, yeah, Canada don't play.
Speaker 2: That's fucked up. Yeah, and they make you leave a fifty thousand dollars deposit.
Speaker 1: Ye'll leave fift thousand dollars bar.
Speaker 2: You don't smoke or get get drunk, you forget your fifty thousands.
Speaker 1: I just make the promoter pay for it. Yeah, that's that's.
Speaker 2: That means I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you never your boys is never around. It's like, hey, hey car, here's some blood.
Speaker 3: No, of course, everybody hung around with smoke weed. Everybody you never smoke. I used to love the smell of it. I just couldn't smoke it.
Speaker 2: Never smoked.
Speaker 3: It was for religious purposes though, Okay, yeah, that's why I never smoked.
Speaker 1: Drinking religious purposes.
Speaker 3: Well, but even if I had a chance to drink after that accidental shot, I would never do it.
Speaker 2: Again, never ever.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, So, if you had one thing you would say that you regret doing that you would have done differently.
Speaker 1: In the industry, what would it be? Oh? Nothing, actually, nothing at all.
Speaker 3: I feel like everything that you go through is for a purpose of like, I don't believe, I don't believe in mistakes.
Speaker 6: All right, Okay, so let me rephrase it so someone could learn from it. What did you do that seemed like a mistake, but that you learned the biggest lesson from.
Speaker 1: Let me think that seemed like a mistake, but I learned the biggest lesson from.
Speaker 3: Getting arrested thousand absolutely, Because you know what's interesting was that was my turning point. That was honestly the turning point for my life because just sitting in the box that long, I was able to see my future. I was able to say, Okay, damn, is this what I want for myself for the rest of my life. This cannot be out this this, this can't be my life like he just can't. And that's when I created my tenure plan on what I was gonna do when I get out to make sure I never come back in here.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So convey music was started while I was in jail. You know, I had an older old g ain't boonie. He was actually older. He was on his way to death row. He had killed his wife. Yeah, yeah, he was the real He was just connecting through, like passing through, you know, and he was like, man, with all this talent, Like, just imagine if you harness all that energy towards something positive. Just think about it, because half the people in here they were successful at doing dumb shit, like really, but then once you get.
Speaker 1: Popped, all of it is over all that time, all that thought, all.
Speaker 3: That process, all that energy putting into something that you're growing in.
Speaker 1: You can't even keep it. You gotta watch it back, like what's what's like?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 3: But imagine not finding something that you good at and it's putting all that energy into that. Everything goes good for you after that. When I thought about that, I said, man, you know what, You're right? I said, the only thing I could do now is music.
Speaker 2: That's why you don't believe in no mistakes.
Speaker 1: I don't believe in no mistakes. I believe that everything happens for a purpose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's some everything happens for you to learn from it, or it's a process or an obstacle you have to pass through to get to what your final destination is or to get to your purpose. But I feel like everything is set up for you to deal with that and you if you ain't at your purpose and the obstacles you're dealing with.
Speaker 1: Is to prepare you for that moment. So I don't believe there's no mistakes. You know that exists. Do you feel your the Acon City is your ultimate purpose?
Speaker 3: I think developing Africa is my ultimate purpose, but I think Acon City is the beginning of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all of Africa, all of Africa as much as I possibly can. Right, that's just you putting the example for the for the rest of the movie.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I'm abound around a little bit because like the one thing I was loving going through your disography is just like it's just a global music. Like when you go in the studio, is you trying to please everybody? Because you have those records that actually please every race, every color, creed, whatever, Like you you have like a universal music. If I you know cancer, is that something that you do on purpose or it's just it depends on how you make the beat, like describe.
Speaker 3: It depends on how I feel that day, like I make music according to how I feel, but I don't. I don't stagnate my music relating or box it up within genres, like I just know what I just if it feels good to me, I know it's gonna feel good to millions of other people. So I never put myself in a position where, Okay, if I feel good, I gotta make a feel good hip hop record or feel good country record or feel good R and B record.
Speaker 1: I just make what feels good.
Speaker 3: To me at that moment, and I just allow it to be what it is, like I don't try to manage your change it to be what I think it should be.
Speaker 1: I just allowed it to be.
Speaker 3: And then, like I said, records is always gonna find his own audience. Just put it out in the audience will find it.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you, because I remember being the studio for a ral for so long and me like working on my records and him other artists coming to see him, and other artists will be like, yo, man, I want to beat like this right, and I want a song like this, And I remember he would.
Speaker 1: I don't blame him, I'm just like him, So I just.
Speaker 3: Say okay, I just say okay by the time the song is done, but they still loving because one thing I realized about artists, as long as they are a part of the process making, they're gonna love it because it's really them just expressing. So when they come and say, well, I want to record, I want. I want the record like R Kelly record I want, I'm like, but yeah, but you're not R Kelly. Number one that R Kelly came because R Kelly wrote that record according to his experience. What is your experience that can make R Kelly say I want a nory type of record.
Speaker 1: That's what we want to find today. Man, you know what, You're right bro? All right, well let's get to it, nigga, what it is, what we're doing. What's the topic?
Speaker 2: Girls?
Speaker 3: Love, hatred? What Let's figure it out. Then from now, it's a conversation, you know what I'm saying. The conversation will always dictate the title of the song. Once you got the title, everything else is easy.
Speaker 2: To Let me ask you, if you're writing a record for somebody, is it a process that you happen to hang with them? Can you write a record for somebody that you don't know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can.
Speaker 3: I do it all the time, but I'm just shooting in the dark, okay, And is it better when you do know them? It's a lot better when you know them or y'all had communication, because then I can better understand.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 3: I like to make reality records, records that fit the person that's singing it, or records that they can relate to themselves, because it makes them want comfortable exactly and love the record, and they'll perform it better, they'll push it better. Like you know, when you got something that you love, you actually engage, right, So the idea is give them something that they I think that they would, that fits something within their life that they can attach themselves to. So the conversation always works. But if not, it'd be like, okay, cool, well you know what kind of feel are you looking for? Just get basic information. Once I got it, then I know. Because most people look, you gotta worry about what they're not telling you. Like, one thing about the music business is that everybody's going through something. The problem is nobody will tell you what they're going through because they have this image that they have to always portray to be bigger than the average. Right, they pretend they have no problems. Everything is all good. But those are the ones I know going through some shit. But if they come and they spill it out, oh man, she just fucked up. That's an easy one because I know I just got to I know what that is. I just gotta to give them something the lift, right. But the ones that come, man, everything all good, a million chains billy ourselves.
Speaker 1: Man, life is good. I give them a struggle record. The niggas be in there like crime. I know. All these bells and whistles is to distract me from what you're really dealing with.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. That's what it is. Everybody.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 1: You how many niggas that you see?
Speaker 3: They just look rich as fuck going through and you man, man, man, I want to God to tell me how you're doing this. Man, Like, give me some advice, man, some success. They give you all the advice and you'll listen and be like, man, that's what's up.
Speaker 1: A week later they calling you for a loan, but it's gonna be behind an excuse. Well, you know, man, my fucking business magic fucked on my taxes and ship man, I got the bro, don't worry about its all good. Here you go you understand what I'm saying, Like they still even at the point of their bottom low, they still want to make it seem like they're still big.
Speaker 3: And it was a big obstacle that made them have to come to you. No one can just open their mind and be honest and transparent. Say yo, bro, this is wrong. This is wrong man, from your experience, how can I fix That's how you do it? Because guess what now, I might give you some information that never puts you there again, but you gotta be real with.
Speaker 1: Yourself, real talk. But we just it's hard for us, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying. How about writing for a female.
Speaker 1: Females are very easy.
Speaker 3: Females to me, are easier to write for it than men because females are transparent.
Speaker 1: Okay, they super transparent.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: They don't even think about it when they say especial when they feel some kind of.
Speaker 2: Way, and when you write records for them that that they feeling.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're gonna sell it because they know emotion and record right. Emotional records always go good with females, okay always. And if it's gonna be an upbeat record, it got to be an upbeat record. That another female will be like, well, they'll be like, oh wait, does she hear this? That record has to make another woman jealous? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But the records that tap into their feelings and emotions, yeah, those always go. That's why ballasts really work really well with women a lot. But if you're gonna do up tempo records, it should be something that has a ballody a topic, but yet an uptempo record that they can find themselves in a more happiest space.
Speaker 2: Could you write for Rihanna all Day one thousand?
Speaker 1: How about Beyonce? Super easy? And they said super easy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, super easy because Beyonce got the like right now would be when you look at the music that she's getting, Like, even with her, like when I listen to her music, I still feel like there's a lot more of her that we ain't tapping. As a writer, as a producer myself, and how I read people, I believe that there's so much that she wants to talk about on her records that she doesn't do it because of who she is and what she thinks people may think about her.
Speaker 1: That's just me personal speaking, right.
Speaker 3: I think the records that she's making today are records that she just feel the younger generation will gravitate to.
Speaker 1: But I don't think it's the essence of what that is. And you're saying that lyrically and vocally, But what about production? Was production is following the lyrics.
Speaker 3: It's just following the person that's hot at the moment, a person that submits a great song.
Speaker 1: But it's so like I see her bigger.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I feel I see her as almost like a musical or artistry, like because you know, prophets come in different forms, yes, like for feminine and other. She's their profit to me, to them because she speaks into their minds, into their hearts. Like you can't say anything wrong about Beyonce to a Beyonce fan, No, that gives you a responsibility. You understand what I'm saying, Like, there's certain Beyonce records that changes people's outlook in life, and she has the potential to do that if she goes there, if she decides to go there, because I personal believe that she will eventually go there. Right now, she's bigger than life. She can't get no bigger. But there's nowhere else left to.
Speaker 2: Go with her.
Speaker 1: She's the top of the top.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe so, you know what I'm saying, and rightly so, because she's a hard fucking worker. From what I know and what I've seen from the district, you understand what I'm saying. Like nobody, she's the best that ever did it. But me personally as a fan, I would want to see her get deeper, like challenge herself more from a musical standpoint, like go in places where even she ain't there to go, just do it because I believe she has the capability to do that.
Speaker 1: Who else somebody do you think there has capabilities to do that and hasn't reached it, that hasn't reached it. I think Chris Brown has that. Oh wow, I think Chris Brown has it all day.
Speaker 2: But you think that he does not getting He's not tapping into hiss.
Speaker 3: No, he's tapping into his emotions. I just think he's tapped into the wrong frequency.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I think the frequency that he's tapped into won't allow him to grow beyond who he is because he's surrounded by so many distractions, you know what I mean. But I think for what he does and what he represents to the this culture. From a performer from an artist from a vocalist.
Speaker 1: He got what it takes. He just got to be He's fearless already.
Speaker 2: We've seen him on Lovers and Friends. This month, I had to show and he had to show. I saw. I got to see him on the stage. Boy, he told because the problem, Yeah he goes and like I knew he went in, but actually that's my first time kind of like got to see.
Speaker 3: It, right, Like he's a problem. But the good thing about Chris that he got plenty of time because he's young. So this is also gathering all those voices, all the you know, souls that he needs to be able, you know, influence in a certain kind of way.
Speaker 1: I just feel like when God gives you that much power to.
Speaker 3: Influence or be influenced by so many different people, that that that that is always like a responsibility to find somewhere to to define all the challenges that's in society. You understand what I'm saying, Like, I just don't believe that we who we are.
Speaker 1: For just the sake of just being who we are.
Speaker 3: I believe that we're chosen to be who we are right until we understand what our purpose is. That's when we that's when we become impactful.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Right?
Speaker 2: So that's talking about I still kill with fifty real quick? Right, how did that come about? Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, fifty that called me with that one? Fifty called me with that and say, yokn.
Speaker 2: So he produced that one.
Speaker 3: No, no, he got it was another producer on it under his camp that actually did that one, ok, And he was like, Yo, kN listen, I got this record, bro, you know what, just call me back after you hear it.
Speaker 1: He sent me. I heard the verses her to beat.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, this is crazy, and I'm listening to the lyrics.
Speaker 3: I'm already knowing what he's saying without saying it because at this point the niggas he just sold vitamin water.
Speaker 1: This nigga two hundred and fifty million dollar niggas like, Nigga, don't get it fucked, you know what It's like that, It's like, how do we say that when niggas know I'm not playing with him perform too? Right?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I sent it back with the chorus on it, and he was like, Nigga, this is it, Oh, this is it. But at the time I was kind of worried about where we would go because even me, my, my, I was so pop at that time. The question was like, Okay, we'll still be believable.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: No, that's one thing I do question myself a lot, what like when to go back to the street or if ever do I even need to go back to the street?
Speaker 1: Right, that's ever? No, no, no hold on, listen, no, no, listen. I'm not talking about physically, no reason for me being the hood. All my hood niggas know they got to come see me. I'm not going there, bro, I'm not doing that this already.
Speaker 3: But from a musical standpoint, the question is because I always believe that my role plays a responsibility to them. That was why I was raising that environment to make a difference. Right, So the only way to actually make an impact is to find a way to still tap in.
Speaker 1: But you can't just go and forget about it, Like is if you don't give a fuck, you understand I'm saying, like there has to be a sense of knowing, Okay, there's a role that they're still there for me to play that they won't take for granted.
Speaker 3: Now they take it for granted, then you can't really control what other people's decisions decided to make. But for the most part, you know you did your part right. So when I say go back to the streets, I'm always talking music. You know what I'm saying. Musically, you can, but I think my topic matter ain't gonna be what they want to hear, So you gotta wait for the right time to give it to them. Because I feel like the music an urban rap is lacking the message everybody scared. Like to me, when I listen to music, it sound like everybody scared to death because it's like this conc cansel culture comes from just being indecisive and not making up your own mind. You're letting somebody else tell you what you think should be relevant and what's not.
Speaker 1: That just tells me that the world at this specific thing, this specific thing.
Speaker 3: When the music, it sounds like everybody's scared to death, because what I know from the street is that when somebody's afraid, they're gonna do something to distract you from you thinking that they're afraid. Right, And when somebody feel like that you may be a threat, it's like it's like a possum when you pull up on it, a porcupine when you pull up on it and all this what's the name is pop? You don't want to tap into it because you might get stung. So gets over when the niggas the first thing they do when they get scared. Oh, nigga, you'a got that for real, But you're not realizing that his chest is being way harder than yours.
Speaker 1: You understand what I'm saying. So when I listen to the music, that's what it's getting from me.
Speaker 3: You got a whole bunch of young guys, super well POTENTI like the future in front of them, all of them, but they all scared to death because of Unfortunately, it's it's our fault because we introduced that kind of music that made it cool, right, So now when they see themselves in real life, they have to live up to that because if they don't and social media, so what happens is now they're active in the life that they don't really understand outside of the music side of that world. And this is why you got so many young rappers dying because they're making so many mistakes out.
Speaker 1: Of fear.
Speaker 2: To what you said you was on when and they said that the.
Speaker 1: Sweet escape, Sweet escape to us.
Speaker 2: Gwen Stefani. Yeah, and you said, who try to horizon? Do you feel like that was the first kind of step of people get into this castle coach of things?
Speaker 3: Do you think not really, because there's been many companies I've always done. Companies always pull out their sponsorship.
Speaker 1: Controversy.
Speaker 3: You know, you make an action, but they don't realize if it doesn't have anything to do with what they're sponsoring you for, they should just leave it alone. What human do you know ain't gonna make a mistake, especially that has nothing to do with their occupation, Like, this is their job, this is what they do. Great, they did some of the personal life that has nothing to do with this, But yeah, you want to cancel them because you were afraid of what other people are saying of his personal action, and I think that's unfair.
Speaker 2: Or even Adidas taking Kanye back they have no choice. Do he make no noise for that? You spoke about Beautiful earlier in the HAGH cut you off right, So where was you at? What was the process of making this record? Yeah, Beautiful was a process, honestly, that was that was what my.
Speaker 1: With my wife, you know, she she always you know, that's that was around the time when I was peaking, you know.
Speaker 3: And everywhere I go, you know, this is your career. Yeah, my career video shoots is always beautiful women. Every event is always beautiful women. So there's always that insecurity that comes within women when you when they.
Speaker 1: See that and everybody see it either.
Speaker 2: Way, she sees you, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So that song was inspired by just you know, my conversations to her, like you me like you mine number one, without doubt, don't ever in your life think that anything is better than you, like the most beautiful thing in the world, period.
Speaker 1: So that record was her she needs to know that. Let's ticket to Who That Girl? I think I got a few titles with Who That Girl? Which one was with the one you want?
Speaker 3: Was that the one Flow Riders? That's right, that's wont Flo. Yeah that was the biggest one. Yeah, yeah, that's so that one Me and Flow, which is waiting for the right time to work.
Speaker 1: Man, for sure.
Speaker 3: Like and Flow is like my brother from another mother. Like we super super super tight, and we had never worked together because of our schedules, but we was always bumping to each other and one day he was like, man, look everything you're doing cancel what you got going. We saw each other in Miami, I mean in l A, and I was like, let's let's just go do it, because if we don't take make the time, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: And sure enough we cut the record in Miami and shot the video in l A. Goddamn, how was the video? Vibes vibes, big big record, big big record? You know?
Speaker 2: Smoking ukah, Where we get where we get this.
Speaker 1: A get dot com? Get uka? Oh, okay, get interesting now very smart?
Speaker 2: Actually smoke you smokes show no, no, no, you don't smoke.
Speaker 1: Ship. My voice is my investment.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yes, you don't destroy and.
Speaker 2: Drink a lot of tea. You gotta drink a lot of tea. Yeah, what's on your rider?
Speaker 1: My ride is very simple. Actually, I got black towels, only black towers. Yeah, black towns.
Speaker 2: You said towns. I said they got they gotta they gotta gotta construction.
Speaker 1: You said black towns.
Speaker 2: You gotta reconstruct your whole ship to make the oilers black ty. It's very simple. You have black towns.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought. You said, black towels, okayas.
Speaker 3: And the reason it is because the normal time. When you get off the stage, you're always super sweaty. And I used to have these white towels and I'll be white white.
Speaker 2: I learned that from girls. Girls, the girls when they go to like my wife and them when they go to restaurant, that's actually black.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What else is on your rider? Juicer?
Speaker 1: A juicer, A juicer with a little bunch of different fruits, because I like to make juices and all that.
Speaker 2: My wife holds the juice bar I could have. Bring. I ain't gonna live the next one. I need when when when you when they said that you wanted a candle, I said, this nigga different?
Speaker 1: Who told you I want to get many? No?
Speaker 2: No, that was that was so fly. I said, make sure you're gonna get that. Get that like I sit in candle. That's some flysh What else is on yours?
Speaker 3: To burn off the spirits? Okay, no for the most part. So you got you got the juicer, You got the white towel.
Speaker 2: I love candy, all right, so different to a balance, hold hold on juice.
Speaker 6: He just said that je give me the healthy ship and give.
Speaker 1: Me the sugar.
Speaker 2: What do the vegetables? That's why I still what are you putting the juice? What kind of fruit?
Speaker 1: Fruits?
Speaker 3: It depends on what fruits. I'm like, every territory has their fruit.
Speaker 6: Y.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you're traveling the world sometimes exact whatever. That's kind of smart. That's kind of smart. Whatever the season, you know, season, sparing season, you know, things like that.
Speaker 3: So that's that's like the best way to go. And then last but not least, if can kind of candy dog just different sort of candies like Skittles, Gummy.
Speaker 2: Bess, Twitter and make him put out just the rad Skittles.
Speaker 1: No, I've heard stories like that, they like I want already Eminem's and ship Yeah, who was that?
Speaker 2: I heard that.
Speaker 1: I've been heard a lot of those kind of artists do exist, though.
Speaker 2: Listen, that's the part of the show. We're going to ask people they ride like they ride because.
Speaker 1: You actually have listen.
Speaker 2: Listen listen by the way for the show. No no, no, no, no no no, for this your regular Because I always love like when I we interview. We've been doing it seven years seven plus. I always love. My favorite part is me asking them what they're gonna drink, because like I'm straight up judge you from what you're gonna drink. If a person order old English, I know what kind of show this is going to be if they.
Speaker 1: Order it depends on if they order back bar zonals. When we ask someone and they give us a.
Speaker 2: Whole writer of liquor, oh yeah, yeah, did That's.
Speaker 6: Been a couple of people they order like the four thousand dollars bottle of this, We're like, sorry, really.
Speaker 1: Got the rocketing. No.
Speaker 2: But even though even though like like if a person order a tequila or whatever, we don't tell them. We ain't giving them that. We just gonna get here. We give them same. But I always always like, uh, and Riders is the same exact thing, because I remember me being in I remember me being in Japan and I came after l L so l L must have been he must have been he the word is he had them looking for green apples.
Speaker 1: I guess in that part of Japan that didn't exist.
Speaker 2: But they didn't want to tell No.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know, but I remember the promoter.
Speaker 2: Like would get created. I was with Edible pain on my rider was fucking larch. It was wack back then. I booked you through Violet the first time I violated. We were putting all that ship on my rider.
Speaker 1: You know, some of them. You got to consolidate them. What is on your right? What's your wildest thing on your right? Like KFC KFC, but you was gonna have a leopard or something. I don't have nothing. Person, I can't see you. Gotta drink some waters.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's because I'm being along.
Speaker 2: I can't see candy. You gotta you all over the place. I gotta get with your homies. I gotta get with your homie. Gonna see Fat Joe don't don't drink none of that, right, So let me tell you something. If you ever were on a Fat Joe show and you drink alcohol, just go in his room and take it off. He ain't gonna drink none of when he drinks, he orders it all. I'm like, we was in Vegas with the other day. I was like, my brother, I'm gonna take it off. I'm going to a club. This is my first time in like fifteen years I went to a club and I spent a dollar like not even not even like I had to tip the waitress.
Speaker 1: It's all there already.
Speaker 2: We just grabbed the sit and was like, is it okay?
Speaker 1: We go to our room.
Speaker 2: He's like ahead.
Speaker 1: We literally took his whole bar his home and guess what drinking all that is?
Speaker 2: Wild on your ride?
Speaker 1: No? No, not like okay? Cool?
Speaker 2: What's on your rider?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Man, rider, you ain't gotta I got anything?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: For our Vegas show, did.
Speaker 2: You like large brow Bacardi fireball?
Speaker 1: What do we eat that with me? And something that you gotta have your Yeah, I'm pescatarian yea and him prescotarian.
Speaker 6: I can do that.
Speaker 2: All pescantarian do that. That's that's Sunday joke. That's Sundays joke, Joe, Yeah, for both day baby. And you said your favorite part is Africa to perform. What is your favorite state in America to perform?
Speaker 1: Uh? Probably city? Favorite city probably Jersey.
Speaker 2: I was hoping you said Jersey. I was hoping you said Jersey. Got Now we gotta address this. French Montana has not let this go. We see you walk in with the that's the panther cardier them bracelets them trust me guys out of this roof and you can't even get these you got it on. You have to protect Are you ever gonna give French a watch so he could stop telling this story until you eating it out.
Speaker 1: Listen, me and French got got that day that lost money.
Speaker 2: I walked to the watch for me because he case it.
Speaker 1: Man, that's a nice watch, I said, Nigga, I got on for you too, because at the time.
Speaker 2: You had yours.
Speaker 3: See, this is the thing. I didn't know what a huge blow was. I just knew that I liked that. That was just a nice watch. So the dude was, you know, selling watches, and I said, how much is that watch? And he's like, you don't normally like fifteen twenty thousand, he said, but I got a guy that can get his Swiss for five. I was like, okay, cool, give me three of them. So he met me at the W Hotel with.
Speaker 1: To of the watches, the exact Time Square hotel, Time Square w Hotel.
Speaker 3: With the same exact type watches. Now mind you, I'm not knowing the details. I just know that watch looked like the one that.
Speaker 1: I liked in the jewelry store. That's all I know. I'm not into watches at the time. I wasn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you in the jewelry store, you see the watches, this guy says you a I could give you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't spend that money. I got you.
Speaker 2: This is not Canal Street.
Speaker 1: It was Canal Street.
Speaker 2: No, but listen, listen, listen, listen. I was on your side.
Speaker 6: Hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 2: No, that's the thing. This is the thing. The watch.
Speaker 1: The watch wasn't street.
Speaker 3: I spotted the one that I liked on Canal Street and it was on the Chinese side with the good ship.
Speaker 1: No, the good ship, you know, can I got two sids. Ok, and you're not the one that goes through the back room and do all that, right.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is a good side. So Danny said, no, I'm gonna meet your the hotel. So he got me to the hotel and he showed me like, oh he's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Now, mind you.
Speaker 1: I'm I don't have no knowledge of time pieces at the time. I'm just African. I just know what I like and I buy what I like.
Speaker 2: I'm I don't know. H blow is very difficult to tell.
Speaker 1: Though, But at that time I didn't even know even know what it was like.
Speaker 2: I just know I liked the shame of it looked nice.
Speaker 1: And he goes shaving ten thousand dollars off. Why not think about it?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: So Mane, you didn't even say who blow on it?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I think about it. Ain't going on it.
Speaker 1: Before said blowing that mother? Right now I'm thinking I'm doing a Indeed, it's my nigga. I said, I'll fuck with you, nigga, don't I'm a nigga. I'm I look ye get for another nigga, right, I'm just this show you.
Speaker 3: I don't really fuck with you, right, So I got one. I said, I'm get my man one. So he comes to the hotel.
Speaker 2: Man, I watch is dope?
Speaker 1: Mank man, Nigga, I got one for you. He's happy. We both walking out like we nigga.
Speaker 2: We chilling the whole day.
Speaker 1: Nigga and be like this, we're looking for Rick, We're looking for Dan. Show the walk.
Speaker 2: We're fixing the niggas can see what he got.
Speaker 1: So we go off.
Speaker 2: Everything is good. Nigga called me a week later, Yo, Bro, I said, what's up?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 2: The watch me? I said what he said?
Speaker 1: Man, that shit ain't real? I said, yes it is? He said, I said, what's wrong? The what does this stop working?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Did the hair stopped taking or something? He said, Nah, the ship.
Speaker 1: Taking is working.
Speaker 2: I said, nigga, this is it's real. He said no, he said, Nigga, I thought this was h blow. I said, what's that? He said, Nigga, you ain't know this is a fake. He blow.
Speaker 1: I said, what is it?
Speaker 2: Hue blow?
Speaker 1: So then I said, let me start looking around.
Speaker 2: Then I saw it.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, ship, this is the watch that I saw at the store. This ship costs this much. Then I was like, damn, bro, he said, ship, my bad man. Look, just just just keep it as a token of my appreciation.
Speaker 2: Bro. It has been. It hasn't been subliminal.
Speaker 1: Ship.
Speaker 2: I kept wearing mine, nig I can't wear I got something.
Speaker 1: Compliments come here.
Speaker 3: I got so many compliments on that thing. Oh man, not but me and you know, me and French laughing about that ship every day. So now he's like, you know what I'm saying, when youre gonna go, you're gonna get me a new watch.
Speaker 1: I said, nigga, what I gave you.
Speaker 2: You need to be watching. You need to be buying meal washing ship. So so was he actually signed to you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So so he was. So French was signed to me. And my thing was I wanted to go international. With him right. So at that time, French was just making afro beats back then, not afrobeats.
Speaker 3: But just more commercial acrossover and eventually take him to Africa because my whole thing.
Speaker 1: The French was like, bro, you African, nigga, you're from Morocco, Like do you know? Yeah, so when you leave America, everybody without a doubt. I don't know about that part.
Speaker 2: I apologize. You know what I'm saying. I said, nigga, this is.
Speaker 7: This is it.
Speaker 3: So as we start going on, he's still making records, but more.
Speaker 1: For New York.
Speaker 3: So they came to me say, Yo, man, mean I think I want to just do I want to? I really want to base and make sure my my my my ship in New York is really cemented properly. So I think we should find a party that could work with us for New York. I said it was ship, think about somebody, let me know. And he's like, when you think about Diddy?
Speaker 1: I said, ship is that's the king of New York? Of course, why not? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So he was flying to.
Speaker 3: Vegas to go meet with Diddy and then when he got there, he put Diddy on the phone.
Speaker 1: Did He was like, Nigga, brown sugar. Will we be doing brown sugar?
Speaker 3: And he be calling me brown sugar, Niggo we doing, Nigga, we be doing. I said, man, listen, this kid right here to me is the biggest thing for me in New York. And I can't take him where he's trying to go in New York. The only thing I could see is a partnership with you to put it off and pull that off. And he was like, man, listen, with your blessing, if you let me take this on, I got it. I said, man, let we go ahead, take it.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: And that's how we ended up moving. So how you started doing stuff with Diddy? Wow?
Speaker 3: Because I was always the kind of artist like, even though when I sign acts, I'm not the kind of artist that I want to find.
Speaker 1: The best way for you to go. Cause me, my goal is to make you bigger than me if I can do that.
Speaker 6: Was that something you learned off of Jimmy and Ivan saying this was before Jimmy, Oh, this before this was just me seeing how like executives look.
Speaker 1: When one of theirs is huge, it makes you look like a genius.
Speaker 3: Sometimes the artist could be humongous but I even all your involvement, but you're still going to get the credit because of the fact that you put the person out into the marketplace.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I always looked at as I always looked at it from a leveraging standpoint, because I always saw music as a stepping stone or a bridge to get to the real business.
Speaker 1: So people that's around me have to be attached.
Speaker 3: That they have to be successful for me to have these pitches taken seriously, you know, because now they're looking at my track record in the in the in the sector at which I'm actually active in.
Speaker 1: Ok Is he successful there? Okay? Cool? So clearly he knows what he's doing.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now, how can we use that to break this brand or partner with this brand, or take this piece of label to the next level?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying? Right right?
Speaker 2: If right now, right? I know you told me the places to go on Africa, But if I wanted to invest in the Africa, right, what's what are some of the things that I should look to.
Speaker 3: The first thing you should invest in, and I think that should be everybody's focus is real estate. Real estate, How super easy, super super easy but you don't want to invest from here. You want to go there, so you physically go there, physically go there like that's like if you're gonna just do it by sitting here, you might just go to Vegas and just toss your money in the casino.
Speaker 1: Got Because the thing is with investment, you got to know what you're investing in.
Speaker 3: You gotta be able to see the land, see the potential, see the areas that's growing, that's moving in that direction. Real estate is very it's mathematical, but you also have to have information through certain people to know which direction the development is headed, and that's the.
Speaker 1: Area where you want to be. You know, you don't want to go right where the.
Speaker 3: Investment is actually building now, but the development is going in that direction in the next two three years you can get that's what you get it at that level.
Speaker 1: So by the time it get there, they have to come see you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You can either be a part of in the development or you can sell it out for five six times multiple on what you purchase it for, you know what I mean. But land right now is the best place to start in Africa because everybody in the globe is investing in Africa and it's all coming into development. So if you can acquire the land before they get to it, man, you're golden for the rest of your life.
Speaker 6: Does that help Africans for people from outside to.
Speaker 1: Invest it and buying land.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, because it creates an economy, It creates jobs, It creates more opportunities for even them to be able to do things. Because we gotta think Africa in a big way is lacking resources. So if people don't come creating or bringing resources there, it's gonna be on standstill. Right, So it benefits, it's Africa's Yes, it benefits. Then when people come and invest and create opportunity.
Speaker 2: How about it be like I'm a condo guy, I don't really.
Speaker 1: Like how right? Which is even better? Actually condos go even quicker.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, man, listen in Senegal right now, you can't find just the land to build a condo in the city for seven.
Speaker 1: Hundred and fifty thousand acre. Wow.
Speaker 2: That's an acre.
Speaker 3: Wow, seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars per acre. And that's just the land by self before the condo's up. Once the condo's up, they starting at a million dollars each wow. And that's the person that was buying land at the time when we was buying land. Now look where they're at with it.
Speaker 2: Like everyone is moving to Puerto Rico right now because the tax break. Is there a place in Africa where there's a tax bak like people have that, do bay? I believe too as.
Speaker 1: We listen, everywhere in Africa is a tax break. Ain't no tax.
Speaker 2: To keep your money there because if you bring it over here then you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna have to pay.
Speaker 3: But that's I mean, that's I mean, that's just you know, whoever is your CFO, they'll tell you exactly how to move your money around. But I think the continent product right now, in the near future, it's the most safest way to park your money. And it's gonna be I mean, that's where everybody's going. Everywhere else, everybody's afraid trying to pull their money out so they can be a.
Speaker 1: Freely spend it, right you know. Yeah, this is crazy, man. Yeah, So get to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm getting to it. So this the hottest spots again, Ghana, Nigeria right now.
Speaker 3: Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Rwanda, uh Kenya, Kenya is very hot right now. Cape verd beautiful islands. It's almost like the like the like the West, you know, Rhode Island, yep.
Speaker 2: So the caver is Africa like Tanzania, Tanzania.
Speaker 3: Super opportunities over there, without a doubt when it comes to real estate, housing, affordable living and amazing South Africa. Beautiful, beautiful bro beautiful houses, beautiful beaches and it's cheap. It's not even expensive to Cape Town is amazing and it's I mean the price point, bro man, whatever you spend in the Miami, if you see the house that you could buy with that sound beautiful bro on the water with the splashes of that water every morning.
Speaker 6: And Johanna's to me, it reminded me of like New York and the eighties, like the way that the metropolitan view of it is dope, beautiful, get staffed. No, no, no, I'm just saying no, you're right, You're right. I'm just saying, like the way that.
Speaker 3: I would give it more of a like Johannesburg is more like what is describing Cape Town is more like Venice, right, you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, It's more of Italy in l a Venison, probably Venice in La Okay Venice in La Yeah, I mean, but they got the political needs. They got to deal with that.
Speaker 3: And I think that's everywhere. But I think as once should become a notable you know, like entrepreneur. Over those areas you get influenced, so politics don't really affect you, right because you get in bed with those guys to get to do business, you know, to help move policy forward for your agenda, their agendas, like it's all about you know, it's just business.
Speaker 6: Politicals And the people are amazing out there. Yeah, I mean I only been to South Africa, but the people were amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as you opened a Drake Champs bar after that would be easy.
Speaker 3: That would be crazy only in South Africa though, because a lot of countries in Africa are Muslim, so those populations don't drink or smoke, right, they're doing in quiet or after our spots like that. But like any any areas like Uganda would be good for that, anywhere in South as Nigeria they drink out there, right, Nigeria would be good for that because Nigeria's split half.
Speaker 2: What's the place that they say, like they stay open almost twenty four hours and just keep partying, keeping Nigeria.
Speaker 1: Nigerian parties.
Speaker 2: That's Nigeria.
Speaker 3: Does it when it's time, like during festive festive.
Speaker 1: Moments and months. Okay, you know when people come from all over the world, they just be partying all night.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, oh man, I'm convinced.
Speaker 1: Hey man, you can watch my documentary Coming Home, so that I'm just saying, shame. I remember, I gotta watch that right now, I gotta watch that.
Speaker 2: I think I said this to you on the last episode. But I remember all the time getting shows in Africa and you.
Speaker 1: Turn them down.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, you need you need this is way before that. You don't need it from Yeah, And that's how they always use to say that.
Speaker 1: I think it's a choice.
Speaker 3: Now I'm want to say something without signing of racist, but Blacks and Latinos don't need shots for Africa a right, really, yes, they already got DNA. White people is a little bit different because they more the temperature and the kind of things that their their skin and body can withstand. A lot of it won't survive in Africa, so they need shots to, you know, to kind of boost their immunes and stuff.
Speaker 6: But y'all straight, I mean, I definitely didn't take a shot when I went to South Africa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you won't need it.
Speaker 2: It was good, we ate good, we drank good. Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like it's like it's like when I go, like to the North Pole.
Speaker 3: Like when I go to the North Pole, I gotta take shots. I can't be around places too cold, I get sick.
Speaker 2: You've been North Pole once?
Speaker 1: I took shots? Take shots?
Speaker 2: Huh No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was a private it was a private wedding by a wealthy Russian family. Had to be bro I froze my balls off. I said, I'm never going back there ever. But I remember I remember having to take shots before I went.
Speaker 2: And what was your shots?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't even know what it was. I don't even know what it was.
Speaker 2: It was like the opposite of all I know that it was.
Speaker 3: They said, you might want to take the shot before you go. I said, I'm good. He said, no, trust me, you're black. You gotta take a shot.
Speaker 2: Ship.
Speaker 3: That's when I realized, oh, Ship, certain people just survived better than certain parts of the world because of our DNA.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's ill.
Speaker 2: That's I got to make some lawyers that I never knew not it like that. Yeah, besides Africa, where's the illest part in the world that two like alum are performed and we were like freaked out.
Speaker 1: The illest part, you know what.
Speaker 3: I think probably the one place that I did perform and I didn't expect it to be I didn't expect it to be as crazy as it was was Lebanon.
Speaker 2: Lebanon, Yo, Lebanon.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: They call it the Vegas of the Middle East something like that, or the parents of the Middle I don't realize how crazy.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 3: Those probably got easiest wireless fans I ever was in front of Lebanon.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. They just had some crazy civil wars.
Speaker 3: Lebanon and Pakistan. Pakistan was crazy too, really, Pakistan was crazy. Audience as religious as they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was packed.
Speaker 1: And that audience, when I tell you, I can't imagine if y'all to perform out that with your type of music. Oh my goodness. What did you see in college? And Rick Ross and then went to Saudi?
Speaker 2: Yeah, where they go? They went to Saudi, They went to college. Then they they did the thing.
Speaker 1: It was the festival. It was a festival.
Speaker 2: It was like the second or third year doing it, like but like the first time like in years they could actually listen to music. So you actually hear their response being late, like you know when you go like this and let the crowd because they're like so not used to like hearing music. They was a little late. I was listening, was like, oh they knew the words, but they were just a little late.
Speaker 1: It's like it was against the religion.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: It's still to see like the world get modernized. Yeah it is again like I said, so many times they would subscribed Africa and they would described the jungles and like laying with a spear, you know what I mean, like like where like a stereotypical ship. And I believe was the first person that he was like, man, they got ws in Africa and you know, the most.
Speaker 1: Depth still out there. He lives in South Africa, been there for almost but we've been we saw him. He's been out here a lot of doing it.
Speaker 2: But his name is seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah I still call him.
Speaker 2: I wants not disrespect. I love but you know, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: He can call me Ali. I'm cool.
Speaker 2: That's that's your Muslim.
Speaker 1: That's that's my first name.
Speaker 2: It's your first name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, goddamn, that's why your whole name.
Speaker 2: Don't you got an ill long name?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta look that one up so long.
Speaker 2: He don't want to say. I feel like I'm writing the parad Was that something that kids joked on you in school?
Speaker 1: They never knew?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the teacher would just be like Ali charm I like she didn't want to embarrass me.
Speaker 2: Because back because back in the days, we used to have the Haitians, right, and they used to wear the Jamaican belts like they.
Speaker 1: Used to want to be the Jamaican. I didn't want to be a Jamaican. I see my own eyes. Maybe this will happen.
Speaker 3: The Haitians was just being Haitianus and everybody thought they was Jamaican because they want the same colors.
Speaker 1: Right right?
Speaker 2: Did you ever wear the Jamaican belt?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, I wanted Jamaican belt. I wanted the holy What what the hose?
Speaker 1: Those are?
Speaker 2: The summertime?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: There you go?
Speaker 2: What they call holy? You ain't gonta jump out the the balleys bro to who the ballet? The ballant? You know about the ballant? The clocks, I don't say the clocks.
Speaker 1: Well, my generation, my generation more ballet's. Okay, clock clocks was a little bit before me. But bb d's used to bb ds.
Speaker 2: You don't know about those.
Speaker 3: I couldn't do the silk, okay, Yeah, he was a silky boy. That the silk was more Latin. That was more Latin, My bad.
Speaker 2: He went up. Yeah, hit the Puerto Rican Quai.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Cheese, Paco jeans, Yeah, I used to work Theodora y Rock. You know it was the ship lottos. You could take the patch off.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: About Paco jeans, he has to be a little hickeys, a little paco though.
Speaker 1: Jeans are here edwins, we don't. So we had we never walked those. That's what we had.
Speaker 3: Really, What about them? Cross colors though, cross colors, yeah, colors. And that's when Karl Kaik came out. He was your car was just too high. He was so expensive.
Speaker 2: Damage you said, damage used used guests is still lit out here. Your your bowls over, yo. But you know who you know who made an amazing comeback though.
Speaker 1: M C M YO.
Speaker 2: Technically didn't go away. They just just really did really light in our community. But it didn't go away period. It stayed in the malls, though it stayed in the mall like Beniton is over. You don't see Beniton no more in the malls.
Speaker 1: Ye it did.
Speaker 2: M CM stayed in the malls. It just didn't Our coach wasn't sucking with it because you know, our coachre fucked with it when Dapper Dan took it and made that chopped that ship up, and then with m CM didn't accept him. Remember that's what happened. Yeah, Tim said fuck us at first, and then we said fuck you back, and Tim said, let's make it right. Tim said let's make it right, and we made it right. Crystal did not say let's make it right. That's the reason why Spade is here, you know, one of the sampage in the world. But I like talking about this. Who else who else?
Speaker 1: Friends back?
Speaker 2: But at least yeah, absolutely flaid the man.
Speaker 1: I said that, Okay, my bad. You know I ain't drinking. Yeah, you know, should be should commute wrong. I would have been a point if I was drinking.
Speaker 2: Oh man, damn what other round? But man, yo a car man. We really appreciate you stopping vibe man as Oh man, it was funny as hell, beautiful. Man did everything right, Man, your flowers, man, I love I like it. Fly ship man, he said, give me a scented candle. Man, that's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna start doing that in my riders, a scented candle. You think sage works? No, what's the other ship? I think that one works.
Speaker 3: I guess it depends on who's like it. Because a mine is a like a mine is a powerful thing. If you believe it, it works. Well, that's that's the thing with all that stuff. If you believe me, why you don't do sage work. It's just smoke.
Speaker 1: It's just smoke.
Speaker 2: And then the ship fell, and then see Saves got mad.
Speaker 1: Saves got mad. That was confirmation confirmation depending on the second information. Guys say, you're right.
Speaker 2: And what's the other thing?
Speaker 1: That's the other name of it.
Speaker 2: I like that better because the smoke doesn't come out dark, it's like it smells so so okay.
Speaker 3: So sage is supposed to delete all the evil spirits from the room, drive them away, drive away. At least, which one you think is more powerful, the sage or the prayer?
Speaker 1: Prayer? So I waste your money.
Speaker 2: I do sage and prayer, yes, because you know you must them right. Every year during Ramadan, it felt it feels pure. This is the only year during Ramadan. I just felt nothing but evil, really like I mean. And then I asked one I'm out high. I asked one of my Muslim friends, I'm sick, and I said, yo, this is the first Ramadan like every every every time Ramadan comes around, like me, as a non Muslim, I participate, but I feel just pure positive energies the first time in the years I've been practicing. And then my friend Sick says to me, he said, because they're the of Ramadan.
Speaker 1: Is when people reveal themselves. And I was just like, oh it was He wasn't saying it wasn't like the people.
Speaker 2: Were being evil. They was just kind of just revealing myself. Did you feel that this is?
Speaker 3: But I spent this whole Ramadan in Africa. I was in Africa the whole month of Ramadan. We're in segg in Segogue, that.
Speaker 1: Was there the whole month. So I didn't feel anything you feel.
Speaker 3: But boy, I could tell you the cause I would get after I broke fast number drama on this side.
Speaker 2: What you mean on broke fast at night period.
Speaker 3: Fast in the evening because you know when after breakfast you go back to your normal activities because I know, we don't use a phone when I'm faster because it distracts me. Right, But for the most part, you know, when you call back home or you call back to some of your homies or people that you mess with on this side. Yeah, it was like and you you actually more woke during the during during the month, you know, the month with the mind, because you actually notice things that you're not really noticing because you're more spiritually awoke, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So you clearly can see the difference in people's attitudes, people's actions, emotions, and then it kind of makes you ask yourself wat to a lot of things, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So then after that month is about figuring it out at that point, yes, you.
Speaker 2: Know, if it was finished.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 6: Maybe y'all know drink Chance wants to give flowers while people are here to receive them given flowers and celebrating or legends while they can still smell of We have partnered with what the Flower to create this movement where everyone can give flowers to the legends in their lives. You can now order a custom flower box for the someone you want to show appreciation to by visiting www dot wt flower dot com and place your orders.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: I love the baby righting.
Speaker 1: Man, I appreciate it. You know, this mean more than any award that you can get on some real ship, because it means that you appreciated by your peers. You appreciated by the people.
Speaker 4: That you do it for.
Speaker 2: And not accept my flowers because you homeboy who made it the record, Joanna? That was AfroB AfroB AfroB you jack this whole ship with Wakanda.
Speaker 1: Actually it was a rendition. I was like this, it was a rendition. Yeah, I love the song so much I had to redo it. So I made a response to it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So because you know, sometimes when because you're a bigger, bigger artist does does that that that newer artist get mad at No?
Speaker 1: No, no, because I actually called it.
Speaker 3: I say, your afro beat this record, this is my favorite record. Man, I said, do you mind if I do a re edition? He said, hell no, I man, I be my blood. You know this much like that's my pleasure.
Speaker 1: So I did it. Sent it to him.
Speaker 3: He flipped he actually was gonna get on it with me. But then I said, man, if you do that, it won't be like the re edition that I want.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I said, let's me and you do a fresh record together, so it's just like fresh. And then ever since then, I've been just advised to see him on this international stuff. So it went from me loving the record getting the permission to me working with him as an advisor to do is international stuff.
Speaker 1: And what's that?
Speaker 2: Did you do as a freestyle at first? Or you did it like to remake the record?
Speaker 3: No, I did it just for fun. It was it was a parody for me. Have you seen the video with me and Michael Blaxton. Oh, you gotta see the video. Man, that ship is hilarious. It's almost like I just had sex type of It's a monster. Yeah, so you gotta see it.
Speaker 1: It's up there.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So for the record, he did not get mad. He supported artist artist and I hope you heard what he just said.
Speaker 2: If you want to remake someone's record, call him up.
Speaker 3: I mean he might have been flattered by it. At me, it was like prime is Apple, Like there was times we were in the same city. I would perform my version. Then asked mine's about then he come out with the actual version of crazy. You know what I'm saying, So like we actually did we teamed up on that like that or the other way around. I pop up from the back, you know what I'm saying. You go from Joanna to what KM done?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Because Noori's worried about people doing his records over No, let them do it.
Speaker 2: Let them do it.
Speaker 1: I like, let them do it. He's weird about it.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: That preserves you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You know how many times my record's been re sampled, redone. I haven't dropped the records since two thousand and eight, nigga, that's fifteen years. Yeah, you would have thought it was just yesterday because these little niggas keeping me preserved until I'm ready to drop another record, which will be dropping by the end of the year.
Speaker 1: All right, But then you drop like that plug d then you dropped like an Afro beat type of Yeah. But that was just for African territory. That was just for that was just for Africa.
Speaker 2: And what's the name of that that was?
Speaker 1: Uh, what was the time named that one? That was that was Akandada?
Speaker 2: So so so you're saying you're making.
Speaker 3: A global Oh no, like the basic, the original traditional a cop records. Yeah, that was a lot of experiments, just having fun with it. I did an afrobeat album. I did a Latin album like I did. I did an Indian like Hindi album. You did Bollywood music, Yeah, bro, I got Bollywood songs all through. These movies are killing having fun. I did some K pop records like I was everywhere. Absolutely, if you even if you go to do Bay, you hear me speaking, I mean records doing Arabic music like I'm doing it.
Speaker 2: It's me.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 2: I'm going to speak for me.
Speaker 1: No comment.
Speaker 2: That's sangerous man, right there.
Speaker 1: No, only because I be in rooms where I need to know what they're They don't even know what. I promise you, I hear it all.
Speaker 2: It'd be hilarious though, it'd be so funny.
Speaker 1: That's the right, No coming, that's right.
Speaker 2: You gotta do anything else you want to talk about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but so I am excited about this new record I'm about to drop.
Speaker 2: It's done already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Alum's finished.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, we're.
Speaker 3: Dropping at the top of the year Traditional Acon So Universe is dropping the best of Acon around. We're thinking of like around November, October November time, and then shortly after that I'll be introducing the brand new album.
Speaker 1: So the simple January. Yeah, it's the timeline is October November. Okay, if everything works as planned, you said the best of us too, Yeah, the.
Speaker 3: Best of and then the albums dropping right after yeah okay, so yeah, so be be prepared for the new holidays to be hearing some new music.
Speaker 2: Now now, alight. You know, back then we should drop singles, right like nowadays they're like there's no singles, it's just dropped the album.
Speaker 1: Everyone that's biting off invented that, like just drop the album. You're gonna just drop the album or you know, it's gonna be a lead up. It's gonna be a lead up.
Speaker 3: And that's that's why we're doing the Best of Acon releases first, you know, team up universe to activate my old fans and people. It just kind of remind them, remind them, you know, remind them, get them back into the Acons you know energy, and then just come with a new album.
Speaker 1: Right, so we're gonna lead it up.
Speaker 2: You're gonna ad it up. Yeah, two singles probably.
Speaker 3: Oh no, we everything is a single. Ain't no such thing as a no albums man. Listen the whole album dropping the same day video for everything, man, video for every single song. That's right, We're going to.
Speaker 2: Be speak absolutely and again. The dream artist to work with.
Speaker 3: The dream artist to work with is Shady. That's It's a great It's left in my list.
Speaker 2: Of artists that I wanted to work with that I haven't worked with yet. She seems untouchable, like you can't get to her.
Speaker 1: I don't have a connection to her. She's like invisible.
Speaker 2: What you said, invisible man, like a wizard.
Speaker 3: As many people as I know, I still haven't found one person that can get me to her.
Speaker 2: How about Drake?
Speaker 1: I love Drake. He's my favorite artist today. You guys are making incredible music. I think we definitely would. Yeah, I think we definitely would. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only thing I think that stocked was I just wasn't in the music space at the time. But I think when I get back in, I think there's some great opportunities for me and Drake to do something crazy together.
Speaker 2: Drake, who else before we get up out of here and you work with everybody?
Speaker 3: Bro I have It's only one rapper that I haven't worked with yet, and I still to this day can't figure out why.
Speaker 1: It's jay Z.
Speaker 3: He's the only one I haven't worked with at and I always thought that maybe it's because.
Speaker 1: Of the timing of our career is going. There probably was the time all I.
Speaker 3: Mean, because Bro, I'm I'm I'm a huge fan. I don't know how you feel about me, but I always felt like that could be something that would be crazy. I think that would complete complete me from an urban music standpoint, making that making.
Speaker 2: That happen, Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 1: I think that would just be sound. I think that that would be crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, who would you prefer you on his album or him on yours?
Speaker 1: I think it wouldn't make it.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think it'll make a difference.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly, I prefer it on his album because I know it guaranteed to be pushed.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. How about it's guaranteed to.
Speaker 1: Go number one?
Speaker 2: How about nas.
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 3: You know how long me and Na's been trying to connect. Jesus, It's it's just been fake. I promise you believe me. That was supposed to have been happen. Me and I is always trying to get together, but it's just he's so international, I'm so international.
Speaker 1: It's just like it's just being in the.
Speaker 3: Same place at the same time, and artists like me and him, we just don't see us working over the internet.
Speaker 1: We just got to be in a room together.
Speaker 3: And I think that's why that's the only reason why it didn't happen earlier, because I think it'd just be bigger if me and him was in the same room.
Speaker 2: That's what me and Fenn say all the time. Like sometimes we do the say say analog are digital, right, and we always kind of like pick analogue. And the reason why is because I feel like the music that was made in the nineties early two thousands, you can it's better because we can't real you had to actually come to my.
Speaker 1: Studio culture record for the energy you can't even came at to.
Speaker 2: Get on had to be in the same room, right, So you do you think that's that's true?
Speaker 3: Like, I think it depends on the artists, right. I think some chemistries are better when they separated. Yes, some people that just make great music, but then when they get in the same room, the energy may.
Speaker 1: Be different because one may be shy, you just never really know.
Speaker 3: So in this generation that works out better because a lot of these artists are very like anti social.
Speaker 1: They low key super weird.
Speaker 3: Like you get close to them, they just start you know what I'm talking about, Like, don't they quiet?
Speaker 1: They just mute, they don't say nothing. Damn, I've been here thirty minutes. You want to ask me nothing? You know, but come on, this was weird back then too, but not like this though. Yeah, damn, you're kind of right down. Yeah, but back then they were forced to be together. So yeah, but you can only be here so long. Yeah, for you're like damn. But the crazy part about it is when you DM them, they can't shut up. They hit you with eighteen paragraphs like, bro, I just answered simple yes and no question.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But that's that's all in you know, that's a generational for sure. Generational for sure.
Speaker 2: The other day, right, I see, I seen the a kid I don't want to say his name, but we were sitting there and he knew Dominique Wilkins was, he knew Chris Webber was. He knew all these people who don't play for him, as a as a kid. But then someone asked him and he's he's a rapper. Someone asked him who cares one was? He had no clue? Someone asked him who rock him was? He had no clue. Someone asked him who Biggie Smalls was. He had a clue, but he wasn't. Do you think that's something that in the hip hop and our genre that we it's something that we should actually learn, like learn about our culture like he was learned about the same way you learn about basketball and you learn about He's a pattrick of you and sneakers. Shouldn't you learn about Big Pun and shouldn't you learn about Belly mal.
Speaker 1: I agree we should learn, but we just we don't learn because like learning has to be motivated. The reason why you know about a lot of these you know, basketball players and football players for that matter, they have these hall of fames that recognize them and their abilities and also you know, give them the just of their creation and present it to the people that might have not known what they're responsible for. Hip Hop is the only music that we don't celebrate the founding fathers. We don't have a foundation to help them because most of them in bad situations.
Speaker 3: They paved the way for us. Like this is stuff that we as a culture just naturally, just do they do it as a natural culture. They hold museums, teach each other's history to the point where their history is being taught to us because we don't even have or preserve our own history.
Speaker 2: You can't blame them. That's the only history that exists because they preserved it.
Speaker 3: When did we have a preserve African history or Black history outside of the parts that just hurt us so bad that every time we do something and we fail, we use it as an excuse.
Speaker 1: You feel what I'm saying. So as a culture, we got to be better.
Speaker 3: We have to and to be with people that understand that that you know, actually exists and the people that actually has the power and the resources to actually make it happen. Like that's something that would help us, believe it or not, because it keeps us in powered longer.
Speaker 1: Because this culture is not something it's really up for grabs. I don't care where you go in the world, Like everywhere you go in the world, hip hop exists, but it exists in their language and they're talking about their culture to the point where new York can't even claim it no more. That's right. I've been saying that.
Speaker 2: You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But had New York created the museum which right now the Universal Hip Hop Museum, use all the.
Speaker 3: Hip hop artists as a way of pushing people to it though it's okay to have it, but who's there?
Speaker 1: No, they just they just they're creating it now.
Speaker 6: Like we need to support it though they got a lot of support, though they're not behind it, you know what I'm saying. And Curtis Blow and Carris One that history, man, we cannot all late.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. We're all laid to it. It's all late. Like it's even why we created the show.
Speaker 6: Because there wasn't there wasn't a platform that was given a voice to artists that necessarily weren't on a pressure run anymore, right, right, right, And that's why we did it because nobody was giving us a voice DJ and MC that they felt was washed up and old, like now, okay, we don't create our own platform.
Speaker 2: There you go, and we did, motherfucker. I want to I want to big you up your staff man, you know for coming through man, thank you exactly who you are man, continue your success. We want to support you. If I don't know, we don't care. If you want to promote pink toenails, we don't. We can come on here anytime.
Speaker 1: You appreciate that.
Speaker 2: So last time I got drunk and but this time I stayed sober because I wanted you respect. That's I wanted to get you respects don't want to do. I thank you. Let me, let me, let me stay shocked.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. He just me last to myself. I wanted to be sober.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that's because the person that's never been on the show before, he's been on the show. Come on. You can't let a person who's never been on the show. We need the real e f A. We need you to DJ, need you to DJ. Come out of DJ man.
Speaker 1: Some drops.
Speaker 2: Thanks so us.
Speaker 6: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs ll C production in association with Interval Presents. Hosts and executive producers n O r E and DJ e FN from Interval Presents executive producers Alan Coy and Jake Kleinberg.
Speaker 1: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 6: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by Yours truly, dj E f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real noriegon ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine.
Speaker 1: Is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj E f N on Twitter, and
Speaker 6: Most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com