Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. Hope you had a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Gang's all here, ready to go on this Monday Reggie Miller a little bit later on as we analyze the Warriors versus the Lakers, Chris Sims, NBC Sports Pro Football Talk Live. We'll join us coming up in a little bit as well. We'll talk about the draft. Steph Curry gets fifty, closes out, the Kings heat up one OHO on the Knicks Nuggets one to OHO on the Suns. Tonight seventy six Ers Celtics. That's Game one and with Joe Ellenbiid in doubt, the Celtics are ten point favorite, Suns at the Nuggets, and the Nuggets are a slight favorite. Last I looked with DraftKings around four and a half points.
Speaker 1: Eight seven, seven to three.
Speaker 2: DP show operator Tyler Standing buys we do every Monday best and worst of the weekend. What you saw that you liked you didn't like. Also say good morning to our radio affiliates numbering three hundred and ninety cities. Also Peacock, our streaming partner. Download the app and you can watch this program for free. Stat of the Day brought to you by Beanini America, the official trading card to The Dan Patrick Show. Have a poll, question, Play of the day, stat of the Day. All of that forthcoming a huge collapse last night. The Panthers upset the Bruins, and once again that regular season record is a nice thing to have, but we will remember those regular season records when you don't win a championship. The best records in sports don't end in championships. The Bruins, they set an NHL record with sixty five wins, set a record with one hundred and thirty five points, and then they got bounced got bounced last night in overtime by the Florida Panthers.
Speaker 1: Full disclosure.
Speaker 2: With six minutes to go, I said to my son, who's a Bruins fan, Eh, that's it for me. And he goes, you're leaving now, and I go, yeah, they're up three to two. They're at home. They're supposed to win this. I hear later on, I hear this from down in the basement.
Speaker 3: Damn it.
Speaker 2: I went, what happened? I said, Jack, what's going on? He goes, they lost in overtime? Who did the Bruins? Oh my god, he goes, I guess you're going to talk about hockey tomorrow, aren't you, And I go, well, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: See, well, Bruins fans are very upset with us already right now because we got this tow week. Whoa hold up, You guys don't talk hockey all season and you lead the show with this too soon.
Speaker 1: But this isn't about hockey. It's about a collapse.
Speaker 2: It's about what you do during the regular season doesn't mean anything in the postseason. Golden State Warriors, they won seventy three games and then they blew that three to one lead to the Cavaliers losing the next three games. Then you have other examples where you know, most famously the New England Patriots. They go sixteen and oh and then they get to the Super Bowl, but Eli Manning leads them. The Patriots led fourteen to ten with under three minutes to go, and then with one fifteen to go, Eli completes the pass to David Tyree and then Plexico Burus the game winning touchdown. Seattle Mariners they had one hundred and sixteen wins. That was in two thousand and one. Then they lost in five games to the Yankees, Kentucky Wildcats twenty fourteen. They went thirty eight to oh, longest undefeated start in basketball history, and then they lost in the semifinals to Wisconsin. That's why we're bringing it up, putting it in context of what happened with the Bruins. But you know, at least the Patriots got to the Super Bowl. I mean, that's the Kentucky Wildcats got to the semifinals. Seattle Mariners, that was the Alcs. So this is historical. For the Boston Bruins. Sixty five wins, one hundred and thirty five points, and I'm watching it, it almost felt like their effort was, well, we're the Bruins. I mean, we had sixty five wins, like you're the Panthers.
Speaker 1: We're at home.
Speaker 2: And it started out two to oh Panthers, and I go, oh oh. And then it was three to two, and I'm like, six minutes to go. All right, they're gonna wrap this thing up. I think another episode of Barrier succession and I'm good to get Wait what happened down there? They lost it over time, like oh and oh, by the way, the defending champs, the abs are out, my Kraken move on that was kind of a sneaky surprise there as well. All right, this program brought to you by the great folks at Mercedes Benz. The SUV family go in and take a test drive. Takes no time at all to set up on at your local Mercedes Benz dealer. Learn more MBUSA dot com. Before we talk about Steph Curry. The greatness is Steph Curry and reminding you of the greatness is Steph Curry. Seat And what's the poll question today?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dan, we got a bunch of options here for you. We could go with who had the best weekends? Kind of hits everybody that you're talking about right now, Florida Panthers, Steph Curry, Bald, Aaron Rodgers. Hits still keep on coming for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you go to the game, get a big round of applause. He's one of us. And now he goes to the Rangers game and then he goes to the next game.
Speaker 4: That's fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: Hey, if I'm Aaron Rodgers and you get to have front row seats, I'd go, even though he's part owner of the Milwaukee Bucks. But it was nice he was there front and center watching. By the way, Marvin was working the game for ESPN. So you're our celebrity correspondent here. You're like Kevin Fraser or Ryan Seacrest. You know, we'll go to you and ask you. And let's go out to Marvin Prince, who was there at the Garden Stars.
Speaker 5: Hey, what's everybody? Thanks Dan, thanks seeing Hey everyone, how's everyone doing? Hey, great night at the Garden. Went to celebrities. Hey, people from the sports world, people from the entertainment world, all mixed up to see the Knicks lose to the Miami Heat.
Speaker 2: No, no, we don't care about that. Who was there and what and who were they wearing?
Speaker 5: Okay, So Dwayne Wade and Gabrielle Union were there. Very stylish couple, our couple. Yes, you always forget how big people are. Dwayne Wade is a legit six ' four and I was like, man, I forget how large you are.
Speaker 6: But anyway, that's.
Speaker 1: Not large NBA wise.
Speaker 6: In regular people, regular person.
Speaker 1: You're at an NBA game.
Speaker 5: I know, but sometimes you just forget. Sorry, any who, Jack Harlowe was there, Okay, all right, Jack Carlow.
Speaker 1: Please, white man can't jump too Yes.
Speaker 6: Saw the trailer. Paulie I like the trailer. Did you like the trailer?
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 5: If it didn't have the name, I would definitely go see it. Aaron Rodgers obviously, big ovation, a bunch of former Nicks. Patrick Ewing, the Great Patrick Ewing was there, John Starks, Kurt Thomas, Okay, go ahead, sorry, Ben Stiller, Ben Stiller there, Michael J.
Speaker 6: Fox there, Chris Rock, Spike.
Speaker 1: Lee, Jason Sudeikas, Jasusdekas.
Speaker 5: Okay, I forget the daughter's name, and uh my goodness.
Speaker 6: I'm blanking on this. Young ladies.
Speaker 1: You can't do that. If I throw it out to you.
Speaker 6: Well, I got a bunch of other names, right, So yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Can't go on blanking out on somebody back to you.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 4: It's good for your first report on the spot.
Speaker 1: I'm good with it.
Speaker 6: No, no, yeah, I'm good with it too.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Paul Marvin.
Speaker 8: Do any celebrities sit not in the front row like there are two or three rows back, but you could still see him.
Speaker 6: Yes, Joe Jonas was a second row guy.
Speaker 8: If it was the Jonas brothers together, they get the first row. I think if they're all together.
Speaker 1: Say it ain't so, Joe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they had a little celebrity row and they were like, oh and Chris Rock had to move over so they can get the camera shot of Joe Jonas with his son. Oh yeah, okay, so second round, second round, second row.
Speaker 1: Did you get recognized?
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 5: I was riding the escalator and I hear somebody go, hey, Dann Patrick, show what's up many all.
Speaker 9: Right, celebrity escalator or the normal escalator?
Speaker 5: Oh no, just a normal escalator. I have my credential loan. But they were like, relax, Espn, yeah, go back over there.
Speaker 2: I still get that. He Sports center guy. No, I don't know your name. What's your name?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Damn?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Dan, dan Burman, Yeah yeah, Dan burn Yes, yes, Mark.
Speaker 6: You know who else was there? Rob, rob Our guy in the bag.
Speaker 5: Rob the intern was so spend his life savings on a ticket. Yeah, so he got tickets and he calls me. He says, hey, I'm at the game. You at the game? I said, I sure him. He said, hey, where are you at. I'm right behind Martha Stewart on the floor. I said, you see Martha Stewart, Yeah, look right behind you. Like she turns around him, like, hi, Martha Stewart.
Speaker 1: She goes Hello, poor little Rob. He came in. He's like e or he's like, oh lost their composure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we lost this. He does the week we lost this in the third quarter. Oh, Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 4: We're not beating the heat with that shooting percentage.
Speaker 9: He's back in this dark room. Just the heat is up. He's got to start.
Speaker 1: If you're watching on Peacock, we have a camera saddle the next half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rob, Rob, wave to us, just let us okay, all right, just want to let you know you're alive. Got all the lights out. Oh yeah, this is just great. Yeah, wonderful.
Speaker 5: The shoot a percent Who hasn't been this worse than September of eighty one.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just remember that so bad.
Speaker 5: He was like on our salary caps is not where he needs to be. Remember, Oh wait when he signed Steve Francis, this is the worst.
Speaker 6: I was like, his passion. He makes me care about the Knicks.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I went back there before the start of the show and I said, I don't like the Knicks, but I.
Speaker 4: Was rooting for the Knicks because you're so sad, you find yourself mumbling about like Obi Topping's.
Speaker 2: Come on, coach, Tips, come on your rotations are terrible?
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Yes, Mark, and being at the game and seeing it live. When obi topping is open, he shoes the three and you just hear people go, oh, just twenty thousand in Unison. Yeah, I mean you can't get that from the TV, but it's just Oh.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Butler scored twenty five as the Heat beat the Knicks in Game one. He's one of five players to start a postseason with at least six consecutive games of twenty five or more points and shooting better than fifty percent from the floor. He joins Lebron, Mike, Bernard, King, Kareem Kareem did it a couple of times, and uh so did Lebron.
Speaker 7: But who.
Speaker 6: Now stead of a.
Speaker 10: Day, stall of a day, Steadata day, Stellata day, this is the.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day, Staut of the Day, brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Steph Curry got fifty and we're always reminded, you know, sometimes you'll have that reminder game Kawhi Leonard gave that to us earlier in the playoffs Game one where you go, oh my god, and then Kawhi goes back to the bench Steph for some reason, I think we actual when Steph does this, and I keep wondering. You know, you get to a certain age where you go, Okay, they haven't figured you out, and they.
Speaker 1: Won't figure you out.
Speaker 2: The only thing that will stop Steph Curry's time or Steph Curry himself, because they've had young guys, smaller guys, physical guys, bigger guys, longer guys, everybody double team everything. And then you watch and Sacramento had no answer for him.
Speaker 1: I always think it.
Speaker 2: I laugh and I cringe whenever I see one of these young guys going when he's getting ready to guard Steph Curry, and I go, no, don't do that, don't And then he blows right by Mitchell and I go, yep, see, don't do that. But he had fifty and he had one turnover. That's happened twelve times since nineteen eighty three. Fifty points at least fifty points in one turnover. But you're watching and you go, he's still doing it. And there's been like I you know, there was Jordan Stoppers. Gerald Wilkes was a Jordan's stopper. You had you had guys who they were trying to lay claim to. Hey, I'm gonna shut that Rodman was supposed to be a Larry Bird stopper. Everybody has one of those guys. It feels like who comes along, like I want? I want that guy? And then you watch Steph. Smallest guy on the floor, you know, not big tall, you know, there's nothing that really stands out other than he stands out with everything that you combine because it's not quickness, it's not fast, it's not jumping, it's he just has this inate ability to feel the game and be able to get those shots and to practice those shots, tough shots because a lot of times when you watch guys shoot, they just take jumpers. There's nothing, you know, game, you know, no game situation attached to it. Watch Steph, it's all game like, like what am I doing? I can left off the dribble, this runner, you know, float, all of those things. And that's what I love. The greater preciation for somebody who continues to work to be even better than what he is. But you put up fifty and here's Steve Kerr. Even the head coach sometimes needs to be reminded of how great Steph is.
Speaker 11: He doesn't surprise me. We all take him for granted because he's brilliant night after night, and we've been watching this for ten years and we just you know, you just have to remind yourself every once in a while, big picture, this is one of the great players in the history of the game. But that's how I felt, you know, back when I in my playing days. You know, with Michael Jordan, you just you'd see it night after night, so you just took it for granted.
Speaker 2: I don't think Steve Kerr brought up Michael Jordan by accident or by coincidence. I think he's saying he's in that category, and he should be in that category. We don't put him in that category. But think about all the great players. At some point they slow down, like they figured out Shaq, you do hack a Shack, put.
Speaker 1: Him at the line.
Speaker 2: All right, you know we beat we can beat Shack. But Steph just turned thirty five. This isn't what you normally do at thirty five. I remember Karl Malone put up fifty at age thirty six in a playoff game.
Speaker 1: You don't do this, and this is a game seven.
Speaker 2: That's what made it even more special, and they did it on the road, where they've been terrible on the road. It's also a reminder when you see guys like Draymond Green or Dylan Brooks, they're allowed to have a personality because you have somebody who is going to do all the heavy lifting. The reason why Draymond Green can be Draymond Green is because of Steph Curry. It's just like John Morant. With Dylan Brooks, you have the guy who's the star. It's like you're playing drums for the Beatles, your ringo, and you're gonna You're gonna be famous because of the group, not because of you. And Steph is Lennon and McCartney. What was on on the line and on display yesterday was fabulous and they usually Klay Thompson will hit similar shots with Steph. It's a variety. It's almost like this, uh, you know, it's a smorgasboard. It's a buffet of shots. And and that's what's fun to watch to be to watch creativity because he has to come up with that. And it's not just god given ability, it's the you know that ability to go okay, I got to think out there and probably does more than anybody because of his size and that they're double teaming him and degree of difficulty. But those shots where he just gets it off fabulous, fabulous, great form. Love it all right, So a lot to talk about. You got one with the Celtics seventy six ers. I got the Celtics by ten. According to DraftKings Sons, they're getting four and a half against the Nuggets. We'll come back, phone calls best and worst through the weekend, Reggie Miller a little bit later on, and we'll talk to Chris Simms, who will recap everything we saw over the weekend with the NFL Draft. We're back after this Dan Patrick Show. Get Refunds dot Com. Thank you for taking me up on the offer. And I told you it's going to take about eight minutes to find out if you qualify for what is known as the Employee Retention Credit or ERC. You go to get Refunds dot Com. They're going to make it easy for you, no matter how busy you are. They'll help you get started now. If you're eligible for the payroll tax refund up to twenty six thousand dollars per employee kept on payroll during COVID you'll know that in eight minutes or less. Get refunds dot com knows the value of time. They have helped clients so far claim over three billion dollars in payroll tax refund. Once again, it's a refund through the ERC and they might be able to help you as well. Also, keep in mind there's no upfront charge either. They don't get paid until your business gets its refund, and a lot of businesses believe that they won't qualify based off incomplete or outdated information.
Speaker 1: Don't let the opportunity pass you by. You got nothing to lose.
Speaker 2: The payroll tax refund is only available for a limited amount of time. Get started. Give them eight minutes of your time at get refunds dot com.
Speaker 1: Good luck.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app. Oh, this music choice will wake you up o' led Zeppelin. There little lead for the head. Intelligence runs in the family, Innovation runs in the family, Extraordinary runs in the family. The Mercedes Benz range of SUVs. Every remember waiting to impress, learn more, and be you as a dot com. All right, I think we said along a poll question, did you have other one seating aside from who had a great weekend?
Speaker 1: Out of this group?
Speaker 4: Buddy, we got a bunch of them. Oh okay, here's one for you, a rookie quarterback in the best position to succeed. Okay, Uh, we could just run right down the list of them. Okay, there's a bunch of them. But you got Bryce Young obviously at the Panthers, CJ. Stroud and Texans, Anthony Richardson with the Colts, Will Levis of the now with the Titans. You got any thoughts on any eels?
Speaker 2: Well, I think Levis could be in a really good situation with a great coach and sort of the air apparent. Now if you wait for one year, maybe, because that's that's usually a competitive team in a division that's winnable.
Speaker 1: You know, Stetson Bennett going to the Rams.
Speaker 2: It's kind of sneaky just because, all right, nobody talked about him and and now he's with the Rams. You're with Sean McVay, Matthew Stafford, how many more years. Does he have pretty much guaranteed to be injured at some point this upcoming season and he might be in a good position for him. Hendon Hooker with the Lions in a good situation because can Jared Goff do it again?
Speaker 1: And are you going to pay him?
Speaker 2: Because even if he's going to play well, are you going to then give him a four year, one hundred and sixty million dollar deal or whatever the going rate is going to be for not a top tier quarterback, but that next contract for him? And then you got Hendon Hooker there with a team that is ready to win right now. Anthony Richardson, I don't know when he plays. Bry Shaw's playing right away.
Speaker 1: CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud's playing right away, but are they going to succeed? What we've seen with the latest trend is quarterbacks who get on good teams. You know, Patrick Mahomes get going to the Chiefs. If Patrick Mahomes played in Jacksonville to start his career, we probably wouldn't talk that much about him. Now we're talking about him as already one of the greats of all time. He's with a Hall of Fame coach and he's got a Hall of Fame tight end, he had Tyreek Hill. He's got a good offensive line, He's got a really good team that helps. Justin Herbert is in a situation where the Chargers are talented trying to get that guy who doesn't have to carry the load as much when he first starts out. You know, that's usually where you're going. That guy can be successful sooner. Justin Fields with the Bears, this feels like this next year will be as you know, could be his last year. Look at Kyler Murray. You know, we're talking to Matt Miller ESPN Draft anamalst on Friday, and he said, here's this scenario I see for next year, Arizona have the number one pick and they'll take Caleb Williams and then move on from Kyler Murray. I'm like, okay, And then I started to see a couple of articles that followed that that possibility there, that opinion there. I mean, that's how quick it is. Give you a couple of years and then we'll move on. If the Bears end up with the number one pick next year and they still have Justin Fields and they think he's their future, I would be surprised because he might be on the clock as well. So there's a few quarterbacks that could be on the clock. Kyler Murray coming off in injury, Jared goff Off a really good year, Ryan Tannehill in Tennessee. Like these guys, it feels like it's it's not as stable as you would hope if you're these quarterbacks, all right, we'll get phone calls. What else do you have, Seaton?
Speaker 4: Well, we could try who had the worst weekend? But I think that's pretty obvious.
Speaker 1: You're Boston Bruins. You know what.
Speaker 2: When we had marked and I said, I'll give you the Bruins of the field, I might be saying that about who had the worst weekend, the Bruins of the field, and it would be the Boss, be the Boston Bruins.
Speaker 4: The Boss and Bruins are literally everyone else on the planet.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, Mary, Maybe the Grizzlies also, no losing by for a Dylan brook said he don't respect anybody until they give him forty I.
Speaker 2: Don't think the Grizzlies had a bad weekend. I think Dylan Brooks had a bad weekend because I don't.
Speaker 1: Think he's with the team next year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, is he in the NBA next year.
Speaker 1: No, he will be, ok yeah, he will be, but you know, do I want to pay him? And I thought that he was he was a negative for this team.
Speaker 2: You know, you talked and then you didn't want to talk, and then you blame the media because now they're singling you out. And then you didn't talk to the media after you lose.
Speaker 1: And you know that that that.
Speaker 2: Was tough to watch because you're like, you know, Dylan, when you got eighteen points game, you were a nice player. Then you wanted to be famous or infamous, and you got your wish and then you didn't embrace it, and then you got humbled by an old man, so called old man. But I don't think you know, Memphis has to learn from this. And we talked about this all year long. I said, they lead the league in talking. I don't need that. You haven't done anything. Oh we went Golden State on Christmas. Okay, it's a long, long year. Sacramento needed to learn and they'll learn from this. Great moment for them, great season for them. And you take Golden State to seven and maybe you could look at them and go, maybe they arrived a year earlier then a lot of people thought. But I would say successful year, Memphis, successful year. And I'm going to applaud John Moran for wearing it because he said afterwards, you know what, I brought basically too much baggage into this with the off the court stuff, and he's right.
Speaker 1: They need he needs a really quiet offseason, that's all.
Speaker 2: How about just order takeout okay, and that doesn't mean take out your gun.
Speaker 1: Just oh, sorry to see what you do? Okay, thank you? Hey you're here. I didn't recommend here. Oh good, you got your Rangers sweater on there? Yeah? Anything else? Their seating?
Speaker 6: Well, which one do you want.
Speaker 4: Me to put up there for the first hour?
Speaker 12: Then?
Speaker 6: Dan?
Speaker 1: You want to go with?
Speaker 4: You want to go positive?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Oh we could do We could do rookie quarterbacks. Who's in the best position to succeed?
Speaker 4: I have to though, where's the cutoff though? And who are there names in there that we want to include or exclude?
Speaker 1: Well? I think you got to start.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know that we're getting all the way down to no offense. Dorian Thompson Robinson, which is unfortunate.
Speaker 1: It's so bummed that he went to the Browns.
Speaker 4: Many many picks down.
Speaker 2: I know, I wanted him to go to a place where he could play and get a chance. Maybe, Max Duggan, I don't think you're gonna put him on the list there. Can you put Stetson Bennett Junior, the fourth on there.
Speaker 4: Sure we'll put Stetson on there.
Speaker 1: That'll be the cutoff. He might he might get some playing time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Paul, I actually think this is a bad one for Hendon hooker because if if the Lions, which has supposedly had a good draft according to all.
Speaker 9: The experts, are a little better this year.
Speaker 8: I think there's an option contract in Jared Gos's contract which kicks in for two more years at really nice money. If he gets that hooker's just sitting there watching. That's that's the downside of the Lions playing well for an a hooker.
Speaker 1: And it might be Will Levis.
Speaker 2: It might be because maybe he sits for although what happened to Malik Willis what like, you can't be you know, we're going to develop that guy and then all of a sudden, you give him one year and then he gone, and then all of a sudden Will Levis comes in. But I would say Levis could end up being a big winner if he is on a better team, because how good is Carolina going to be?
Speaker 1: How good is Houston going to be?
Speaker 2: By the way, you know, who has the most pressure on them out of the draft? I don't even think it's close. One guy I think has the most pressure. You guys want to guess who has the most pressure on them?
Speaker 9: Yes, Paul the GM who took Anthony Richardson for.
Speaker 1: The Colts, Chris Ballard, No, Marv.
Speaker 6: The GM, that draft dude that traded all his picks for Will Anderson.
Speaker 1: Close.
Speaker 6: Todd, that would be Will himself.
Speaker 2: Yes, will Anderson for two Yes, because they trade it up to get him. It's like when you do that for a quarterback, we're like, okay, Mitchell Trubisky or Trey Lance or Carson Wentz or Jared Goff. Now you have an edge rusher all he has more pressure on him than CJ.
Speaker 1: Stroud does.
Speaker 2: And Bryce Young feels like like, now Carolina did trade to get Bryce Young. But this is a guy who you're you're saying, you're our defensive quarterback. You gave up a first and a third next year for him.
Speaker 1: That's a lot, all right?
Speaker 2: Some phone calls here, get started. Gus in La Gus.
Speaker 7: Good morning, mister Patrick. Hope you and the boys had a great weekend. All right, let's get into this best of the weekend. You know what it is, my boys, they did it, seventh seed, knocking out the two seeds. Who would have thought two.
Speaker 12: Months ago, two and a half months ago, trade deadline, we're eleven seed. Nobody cares about us. We're laughingstock. Now we're about to get it on with my other best of the weekend, the Warriors. I'm so glad that we're gonna get them at you know, the defending champs. If we're gonna get eliminated, I prefer to do it by the defending NBA champion. That's my best, all right. Yeah, and this is the weird question of the weekend. I saw that Travis Kelsey was at a concert. She shot Hims a beer through the Lombardi and he spiked the Lombardi after he takes a drink. Is you know some people were in the comments section, they're like, oh, that's sacred, you can't do that. Brady and Gronk, we're you know, we're tossing around the trophy. They're like, oh, you guys can't do this. Which one is it the Stanley Cup gets treated, you know, like a party accessory. Is the Lombardi sacred No, you always have a great week?
Speaker 1: No, And it's a replica.
Speaker 2: I don't think that they would allow him to be although you know Brady's tosses around. It could be man overboard and that looked like that was the real Lombardi trophy. I have a problem with that man overboard and plus Brady was already man overboard with his drinking.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Pauline, Yeah, according to the chief pr when Travis Kelty, it's a pretty cool move.
Speaker 9: Though he used a kind of a.
Speaker 8: Flume, like a beer flume the Lombardi and he spiked it. That was definitely a replica. Okay, symbolically though, I don't have a problem have fun. You won have fun.
Speaker 1: I mean, if.
Speaker 2: You've ever had the opportunity to be around the Stanley Cup, the fact that you can see the damage that's been done to that, that it's been a lot of places and a lot of things have happened with that, and you could you can see it on that cup.
Speaker 1: I'm fine with that. Let's see tie in Syracuse. Hi time, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 3: DP, longtime listener first time caller six five two seventy five.
Speaker 7: Boop.
Speaker 3: All right, so I got a best and best or best me and the roommate broke up. I can now live my life like Barrion Santa Fe, do what I want, when I want, if I want.
Speaker 2: All right, hold on there, Ty, We're gonna send you some T shirts there.
Speaker 4: We got to get him that shirt specifically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to send a couple of two shirts out there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, catching on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is the roommate broke up. Yeah, Barry and Santa Fe. Tell you want to live your life if you can? Yes, Mark, He said that was his best of the week. Yeah, he hated her. Well, I got divorced. Best of the weekend.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what Barry. The little bit that I was around him, he didn't seem to have any blood pressure issues. I could tell you that he.
Speaker 2: Was when when seating in the French Kid visited Barry and Santa Fe and then they're in hammocks and I'm like, all right, you're with Barry and you're sitting in a hamlet.
Speaker 4: At the indoor hammock the outdoor hammock.
Speaker 1: Which one you want?
Speaker 4: The east side or the west side, which how many hammocks you.
Speaker 2: By the way, thank you for everybody who took us up on Dan's deal's huge success. Glad to pass the savings on to you, and hopefully I've given you an assist for Mother's Day. Let's see Ahmad in Miami.
Speaker 1: Hey, Mod.
Speaker 13: The Morning VP Show. First time called a long time listener. You win in in one seventy six feet all right, I got a double best of the weekend. First off, I want to give a shout out to my Florida Panthers coming in as the number eight seeds taking down to Boston rules number one. Second, I want to give a shout out to my Miami Heat taking down the Milwaukee Bucks as the number eight seeds knocking down a number one and taking down to New York Knicks. So called Mecca Basketball that brought they won a championship since nineteen seventy three. Relevant with Carmelo A.
Speaker 12: Maris Sottomar, I.
Speaker 1: Was there, Thank you, Maud. Wow, that's a strong debut right there. That is MOD coming out hot.
Speaker 4: Well done.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So called Mecca Basketball so gold Mecca call, Yeah, I think that's the official name of it. Now, welcome to the so called Mecca of basketball.
Speaker 1: Like with finger air quotes Mecca.
Speaker 6: Yes, Marv, it was Emma Roberts. Everybody the woman I blinked on?
Speaker 1: Oh yep, sorry, and what show is she in?
Speaker 6: No clue back to you?
Speaker 1: All right, thank you?
Speaker 5: Mar's a celebrity row she was in Meet the Miller's. I remember she was Jason Dagas's daughter. Okay, and I'll meet the Miller's. I remember that now.
Speaker 2: Is that Julia Roberts niece? Is that Eric Roberts's daughter? Ah?
Speaker 1: I think okay?
Speaker 9: Confirmed, Eric Roberts daughter, Emma Roberts.
Speaker 2: Okay, blue blue, Yeah, I knew watching entertainment tonight.
Speaker 1: I was going to come in handy one day. All right, let me take a break.
Speaker 2: Just getting started, Reggie Miller will join his final hour of the program. Chris Simms will recap the draft. We asking our pole question, which quarterback is in the best position to succeed? And we'll come back with our play the day right after this. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 1: Pali Foosco here with Tony Fusco.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 10: Of course you know us as the host of the number one rated show and all the sports doc The Paully and Tony Fusco Show. If you're hearing this promo right now, it means you're listening to some other show.
Speaker 1: Uh, well, why the hell are you doing that? You get your priorities straight.
Speaker 10: Well, maybe, Tony, they listened to this week's episode already.
Speaker 1: I don't care listen to it again. Yeah, great point that, Tony.
Speaker 10: Anyway, so you're listening out there, make sure and go do that and listen to The Folly and Tony Fusco Show on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 14: Oh my, God.
Speaker 1: Of the day. This is the play of the day.
Speaker 9: Check this out along the Nearbords benefits.
Speaker 14: It took a circle for Haggy shut Top, Toby Scores, Burniverer, Haggy Top Show and the Panthers waiting over time. The Panthers stunned the Bruins in Boston, and the Panthers are moving on the round too. Carnivor Hagey. The Panthers have won it overtime, four three in the final. The Panthers take Game seven and they're.
Speaker 2: Moving on Verhegy's last three playoff goals have been overtime series winners. That, as you might be able to tell, was courtesy of the Panthers Radio network Play of the Day. Discover credit cards do something pretty awesome at the end of your first year. They automatically double all the cash back you've earned. Everything doubled. Trips, restaurants all doubled. You can check out the terms see for yourself Discover dot com slash match update the poll results if you can seat and we'll get to more phone calls best and worst through the weekend eight seven to seven three DP shown.
Speaker 4: We just got it up there. So this is these are early, early, early results right now. Okay, uh, we've got Bryce Young is in the leads. Okay, although let's see how do we do this. Hendon Hooker is getting a lot of love, believe it or not. Okay, yes, Stetson Bennett and as much. But forty percent of the vote right now going with Bryce Young.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know how good Carolina is going to be, but they got the guy they wanted, CJ. Stroud going into Houston. I don't know how good they're going to be.
Speaker 4: So of the top four quarterbacks with young Stroud, Richardson, and Levis, he CJ. Stroud has the least amount of votes of that top four. He's only got fourteen percent.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get to more phone calls coming up. By the way, Steph Curry going for fifty and also only one turnover in that game. He spoke about the Game seven atmosphere.
Speaker 15: We love this atmosphere and we've been doing it for a very long time. So what's the ball drops? Like, it's just playing basketball at the end of the day. And I think I said that after Game six, like you focus on the details of which how you're trying to execute. You trust each other, everybody that's out there on the We had great energy off our bench and everything was connected.
Speaker 6: So when that happens and then you're on.
Speaker 15: The court and you have clarity of we are what you're trying to do, you know, good things usually happen. And it was a great time to kind of put it all together on the road in Game seven.
Speaker 2: You like the atmosphere, you don't want to be in that atmosphere too often because that means you're on the road in game seven. And I know that we've talked about there's Patrick mahomes like qualities to Steph Curry. It should be viewed the other way around. Steph Curry was first. Patrick Mahomes has Steph Curry like qualities there and changing the game. And you can say that Steph Curry has changed the game more than any other player in the history of the game, because now anybody can feel like they can be Steph Curry. You can't be Shack, you can't be Jordan, you can't go down the list, but you feel like if you're six ' two six ' three, you can be like Steph Curry. Hey, just have a good handle and practice your shooting.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Of course you're not going to be him the greatest shooter of all time, but when you watch him, he does let you dream where you go, I think I could do that. You can't, But you're not watching Jordan lead from the foul line and go you know, I think I can do that.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 2: Few people can, but nobody can be and do what Steph Curry does, and to do it in a game seven on the road in that atmosphere, would you rather have Steph Curry's career when it's all set and done or Patrick Mahomes's career when it's all set and done. Steph's a top fifteen player of all time, does he become a top ten player of all time?
Speaker 5: Yes, Marv, you mispronounced ten. You said fifteen. I think he's already in the top ten.
Speaker 2: Okay, just want to throw that out there.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, pull.
Speaker 8: Both would I would say that Steph Curry can't be number one ever, there's no scenario. I mean, you're right, I'm the biggest fan. Yeah, but Mahomes has two Super Bowls and he's twenty seven. Now, He's got a long long way to go to catch Tom Brady. But it's not unreasonable to say it's possible. Yeah, it's still a possibility.
Speaker 9: Over the next decade.
Speaker 8: Yes, Steph Curry is most of his work is in the bank, and he's just solidifying his top fifteen, top ten career.
Speaker 2: But while he might be viewed as let's just say he continues this trajectory in Kansas City, it feels like at worst he'll be recognized as a top five quarterback.
Speaker 1: Of all time.
Speaker 2: Now, that doesn't mean you're top five player, but it does put you in pretty rarefied air.
Speaker 1: Yes, Tod, how much do you.
Speaker 16: Weigh the way the game has changed because of that person? Certainly Mahomes has certain interesting ways of releasing the ball, and we all know what Curry's done and to change the way the NBA has played. So how much would you how much did you guys weigh that as to whose career you'd rather have taking away trophies and championships and all that.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, Steph Curry changed the game.
Speaker 2: I mean there's a lot of guys who were Aaron Rodgers, was Patrick Mahomes before Mahomes, side angle, you know, off balance, all of those things. Mahomes has taking it to a different level here, but nobody has been like Steph Curry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for throwing in all things career wise, Patrick Mahomes is probably a much better actor than Steph Curry were going commercial to commercial. They both got big brands, But Patrick Mahomes is usually pretty good, whereas Steph is usually pretty terrible.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Mahomes nailed at bath Salts State Farm.
Speaker 1: That's pretty funny.
Speaker 9: Crush that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where do I even start, oh with the subway. Him and Derek Jeter are awful.
Speaker 1: They are there there, and I wasn't there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I would believe it. I think that was on purpose. Wasn't that purpose? Like that's like a hammy bit like they're saying no, no pun intendent like they're trying to say.
Speaker 9: I think that was on purpose. They did that.
Speaker 4: Well, then Tony Romo didn't get the message because he's great in it. He delivers his lines like he's you know, Ben Affleck.
Speaker 1: He's phenomenal in that. No he's not when he's sitting next to Berkley.
Speaker 4: No no, no no, and he says where he was just like.
Speaker 1: Philly had beef with everybody?
Speaker 4: Then by beef, I intended juicy steak. He's hilarious in that commercial. It's just that one line we made.
Speaker 9: To relook at that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where do I even start?
Speaker 2: Well, I expect Jeter to be bad with that. Derek sound excited. I am, Oh, okay.
Speaker 4: If I wasn't there, I wouldn't believe it myself.
Speaker 2: Let's watch it during the commercial break, just to be fair as an actor, Well, yeah, you could crash and a journalist, right, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: A journalistic actor.
Speaker 2: Second look, Yes, inside the actors studio here. I'd love to bring that back. Who is that James Tipton, James Lipton, James Lipton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your favorite curse word it show.
Speaker 9: Yeah, what type of tree would you be? H?
Speaker 1: It'd be fun to do that again. All right, that's it. One hour's already gone. Oh my goodness, how quick was that?
Speaker 2: All right, well, recap the NFL Draft coming up Reggie Miller and he'll get us ready for.
Speaker 1: Lakers Golden State Warriors. Awesome. One hour in the books.
Speaker 2: Two more to go, Tyler standing by for your phone calls eight seven seven three DP Show back after this