Speaker 1: Volume. Hello, ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another episode of Nightcap, Well Daycap. Thank you for joining us. Please make sure you click that subscribe button, that like button. We are now officially at three hundred and thirty four thousand subscribers. Remember, oh Joe, get us to three point fifty by Monday, and we'll run a huge giveaway ten thousand, forty five hundred dollars winners with the holidays. I'm sure some people can use that, and that's what we're here for. We're gonna make sure we give back to the people that's been supporting us from day one. So thank you for subscribing. Make sure you click that like button. We've also pinnedche by Laportier link at the top of the chat, so make sure you go in there and grab your bottle. The holidays around the corner plus birthdays, Christmas is coming up, Thanksgiving just left Christmas, New Year's make sure you grab a bottle for that special person or someone in your life. Thank you, thank you again for being so supportive of not only Nightcap, but Shaved by Laportier. Let's get right into it, Ohoe, the Dolphins go to the Metallands Medal Lands go to Mett Stadium and beat the jetz thirty four to thirteen to a twenty one to thirty two forty three, one touchdown, two picks in the fumble to a now has five turnovers in his last two games. Yeah three today two against the Raiders reap nine catches a bucko to a touchdown. He now has thirteen hundred and twenty four yards on the season with six games left. He needs to average one hundred and thirteen yards per game to get to set the record. What does he need to go over two k? What does he need to average? The go over two k? Okay to go over two k? So he needs six hundred and seventy six yards to reach two thousand.
Speaker 2: That's definitely possible. That definitely possible, because would he need to.
Speaker 1: Have one of that big game o shoe. He needs to have that.
Speaker 3: Game game Yeah, yep. And now he can cruise the rest of the way. He can cruise the rest of the way, yep.
Speaker 1: Javon Holland, The Jets get right back in this thing with a pick six of their own six and then look like they're driving and then a hail Mary. Javon Holland picks for a hail Mary e l al Mary and runs it back ninety nine yards. Another low point for the Jets because not only did they miss the pat tafter they got their pick six. Now you turn around and get another interception, and you turn around and give it right back to the to the dolphin Offhense show. Another low light for the Jets on Thanksgiving. Remember o Joe, the bus bumble happened on Thanksgiving twelve. Mark the Jets like damn, like Florida Evans, Damn.
Speaker 3: Damn, damn, just can't get right. And again, I have a question for you. Obviously to me, you know, I've been in huge support of Zach Wilson. You know ever since Aaron Rodgers went down and understanding the makeup and the DNA of what of what Aaron Rodgers had to work with, it wasn't going to be that at what we thought. It was just the simple fact that Aaron Rodgers is there with the Jets. We thought, oh my goodness, all problems will be fixed, and you know, we're gonna make a Super Bowl run. But you understand the landscape of the team in general, the landscape of the offensive line regards to who you put at the hammgars to who you put back there, you know, to run it's just not going to be efficient. You know, we all a lot of a lot of people, a lot of fans. I kept rooting for Zack for the simple fact that the reason is it's nothing for him to work with. It's nothing for him to work with. But they have a great receiver, great receivers. They have really really good receivers, especially Garrett Wilson and Allen Las Yet. But as far as everything else, in order for that offense to work, they have to have a foundation, a good foundation.
Speaker 1: It all starts up front. It all starts up front.
Speaker 3: So the gards to who you put back there, these are the results you're gonna get week in and week out, no matter who it is.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is ojo. When you're dealing with a quarterback like an Aaron Rodgers, he knows where to go with the football. So you're gonna probably get better results. I'm not saying you're gonna be undefeated. I'm not gonna say you're gonna have one or two wins because I your prime example. Look at the Kansas City Chiefs with Alex Smith. They're in the playoffs. Every year they get Patrick Mahomes, they go to an entirely different level. So I'm not saying that the Jets are gonna all of a sudden be you know, have one loss, one two losses, But I think the mindset changes when you got a historically and a pantheon great quarterback from the center. Now you no longer hope to win. You expect to win. Now you see that defense ball out longer and harder because they know every opportunity to give Aaron Rodgers, he's probably going to cash it in or at least have a better situation than what they're showing right now. So I agree with it. It's not the cupboard is it's not burst bursting with talent. It's not right. And you mentioned Alan Bazzard. You do realize he was a healthy scratch today, right? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, he was. He was.
Speaker 2: He was out of day. You think he was healthy. You think he was healthy.
Speaker 1: They said they healthy scratch. So tell the people at home that don't understand football league, go, like you and I, what does healthy scratch mean? Now?
Speaker 3: This is a good one. This is a good one for me because listen, I played for a very long time as did you. And this is the first time I've ever heard of actually a healthy scratch means this must have been something that something internal, that that must have happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not playing well, that's what's internal. In ten games, he had twenty catches, two hundred and ninet yards and a touchdown and they're playing in forty four, playing them eleven million dollars a year. That's what's internal. That's what's going on.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, so he's I doubt he's a healthy scratch because because of that, because.
Speaker 1: I'm just going on television said, I'm just going about what the report said.
Speaker 2: I I don't think they know what they talking about.
Speaker 3: I don't think they know somebody they They're definitely not gonna use Lazard as No goddamn skategoat.
Speaker 1: Is a healthy scratch versus the Dolphins. Yeah, at NFL dot Com says al Zar is a healthy scratch against the Dolphins. Okay, you're gonna run out of the fuston for the receivers now, making no excuse you. How are you going?
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, First, the offensive line plays bad, trying to say.
Speaker 1: We passed, No, we passed that. We're talking about Alan Lazard being a healthy scratch, don't go back to your office line him. So wait a minute.
Speaker 3: In order for an order for him to get to get the balls to be productive, what else does he need?
Speaker 1: So? Why is it? Why isn't Garrett Wilson a healthy scratch? Why isn't Conkling healthy scratch? Who said?
Speaker 2: Who said that was the reason he's a healthy scratch?
Speaker 1: NFL dot com is reporting that Alan Lazard is a healthy scratch?
Speaker 2: Why is he a healthy scratches? What I was asking?
Speaker 1: I said something? I said something to catches the game, and he's making eleven million dollars a year for you.
Speaker 3: So so you blaming him for that? You blaming lizard for the for the Wait a minute, you can't be serious right now? Are you blaming lizard for the opportunities that he's caught that have come his way?
Speaker 1: I'm asking you if he's a why isn't Garrett Wilson that health.
Speaker 3: We don't we don't know why he's a healthy We don't know why Alan Lozard is a healthy scratch.
Speaker 1: We don't know. I said it was something. You're seven years half brothers. Hold on, the twenty seven year old struggles to create separation has four drops. His nine point eight drop percentage is second worst among all receivers with at least thirty targets. Let's try again. Now, go ahead, take off.
Speaker 3: So wait a minute. So he's the only motherfucker excuse me. I ain't mean to curse God, forgive me.
Speaker 1: We're talking about him. Don't talk about everybody else, redeceiver.
Speaker 3: That is no reason for nobody to be a healthy scrats, because I can bring up stats for everybody dropping balls.
Speaker 1: I can do the same thing, Ojoe.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I'm just saying that's not a reason why he's a healthy scratch.
Speaker 1: That makes no sense. What you mean to do with no sense? So okay, tell me what don't make no sense you talking about, Oh, he's a healthy scratch because he dropped goddamn ball. Who the fuck don't he's not playing well? O Joe? What can't some excess up? It's a bunch of receivers, not o jo o jo? See what you try to do? So about what this guy dropped? All you're not talking about everybody else. Let's do that. It don't matter.
Speaker 3: What they're trying to do is find a goddamn excuse in trying to find a goddamn escapegoat by making him healthy scratch, And it ain't for the motherfucking work.
Speaker 1: It ain't gonna work. It already worked because they saw it didn't work. It ain't for the work.
Speaker 3: They think they slick, they think the way that business is running. Some guy dare it's a bunch of bullshit. First, it's it's a bunch of bullshit.
Speaker 1: Randall Cobb, Randall Cobb, I think he was active today, but he was in active the last two weeks. And Randall Cobb and Lazard, Aaron Rodgers and Aaron Rodgers request they're making fifteen million and they haven't gotten the production that they thought they were gonna get. There have been other receivers that's playing with bad quarterbacks, that doesn't drop ten percent of the passes, that has more than twenty catches in ten games. So stop trying this.
Speaker 3: You are we talking about the same Jess offense that we've been seeing for the past ten weeks, that same offense that can't throw goddamn ball down the field anything past five yards.
Speaker 1: Hold on Jess offense were talking about, Yes, the Jess offense we talk about.
Speaker 3: Off James Zach Wilson for every goddamn thing, and he running for us life every time he dropped back that.
Speaker 1: Goddamn Jess offense.
Speaker 2: I don't even expect the receivers to produce if they can't even get the.
Speaker 1: Goddamn balloff the same Jeffs office that you told me last the last two weeks that Ellen Lazar dropped two bit of passes. He gotta make those players, and you know that he will, and if he gives another opportunity.
Speaker 3: That's what they what they're doing. What they're doing. They think they slick over what you think they slick. They think they slick over in the r trying to use him at the skateboard show. He's making, he's making the money he's making based on what he's been able to do. But now he's at a ship show and he can't produce like he should, and now you're gonna have him a healthy scratch and try to put the goddamn onus on him.
Speaker 2: That's the bullshit.
Speaker 1: So he's so he's the only one that's playing with a poor quarterback and the poor offensive line that's not producing. Who else? Who else? I don't know who else? You told you the one that's out here killing the pubicle. Let's look at the list, look at the landscape for the TA. Who else is that? Who else is that? Is that? You're telling me? So I want you to name the players? That's your argument. I didn't make an argument that.
Speaker 2: No, I'm asking you the question.
Speaker 1: You see, see, I'm not going to you're wait a minute, listen to me, now, I stay with me, baby.
Speaker 2: It's thirty two teams in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Yes, I ain't heard of a healthy scratch, and I don't know how long as long as I played, I never heard of having a healthy scratch because they weren't producing.
Speaker 1: Never heard of ever before virtue all of.
Speaker 3: A sudden, Oh now he's not living up to his expectation. He's a healthy scratch. You know what it sounds like to me. I know what it sounds like to me.
Speaker 1: You know what. Well, we're gonna blame. Why Why was it? Why?
Speaker 2: Why didn't they make Zach Wilson a healthy scratch?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Quarterbacks? The number three? He's the number three? All right, number three?
Speaker 2: Here we go, here we go? All right? Oh Joe, all right?
Speaker 1: But you want you want the people at home to believe that in your eleven twelve year NFL career that you've never heard of a healthy scratch that somebody that was playing well, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Hold on, Joe, hold on with my mayor things Feller, hold on, God damnit, my bad baby, I'm coming.
Speaker 1: Hold on, go ahead, maybe just waling because you damn sure we're listening, all right there, go right there?
Speaker 2: Okay, I got I got I got it, I got it, shorty.
Speaker 1: Sorry boy. That So you want the people that's listening to us now or watching us now just believe in your eleven twelve year career. Thirteen I've never heard thirteen year career that you never heard of a player that wasn't playing the way the team thought he would should and be scratched from the ball game. You've never heard of that.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, not absolutely, And I wouldn't say hell lot to you, baby.
Speaker 1: You know I wouldn't lie to you.
Speaker 3: I know I play around a lot, but you could see how passionate aim about this goddamn topic.
Speaker 1: So you know I'm not playing around.
Speaker 3: Listen, Alan Lazard, Cob Garrett Wilson give you your best chance to win regards to what they have offensively a receiver, they give you your best chance to win shit is already bad. So you take one of the best that had been very let me finish that have been very productive throughout their career to this point, that was brought over at the request of Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: Aaron Rodgers got hurt.
Speaker 3: So you mean to tell me one of the best that had been productive with Aaron Rodgers all of a sudden comes over and he's not playing the part because the entire offense in itself ain't doing a goddamn thing. But he's a goddamn health distress because he can't produce. Whether maybe they're not make that make motherfucking sense. That's like me having like me having a goddamn call and.
Speaker 1: Riding no goddamn vote on us, and I'm mad, I got I can't goddamn drive like it ain't driving like it should. Well, maybe there's why Alan Lozard is not DeVante Adams. Maybe he maybe maybe his stats are a little bit more glorified because of Aaron Rodgers. And so without Aaron Rodgers, it's not working. Have you thought about that? Did that thought it would cross your mind? It's a simple yes or no, no, I don't, I don't I don't like where you're going with that, because Davanta Adams.
Speaker 3: Listen, Davante Adams is Devantae Adams. He has a different type of DNA about him. Alan Lazard is Alan Zazaard. He's a completely different type of receiver than the comparison that you just made.
Speaker 1: And more reliant on great quarterback play. Ben Devonte Adams is thank you.
Speaker 2: You make my point, Shuy, Please all right? Next up?
Speaker 3: Next step? That's next up? Well, well you got me thirty eight hot. I'm mad, you.
Speaker 1: Should be. I'm not mad at you.
Speaker 3: I just know you know the business and you know what the fuck they slickers trying to pull over there, trying to have him at a fucking healthy scratch knowing goddamn well, my war, you put Jerry Rice in that goddamn offense, he'll look just like that too, That's how bad it is. And I mean, come on, man, what was going on over there? Do you see what's going over We don't watch the Jets for the past ten goddamn weeks. And you think Alan Zard has anything to do with the motherfucking issues in that goddamn offense, that's bullshit.
Speaker 1: I just want you to understand that when you put your hand up like this here and so and say no disrespect, disrespect, whether intent.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter disrespectful though I didn't say anything disrespect, but.
Speaker 1: You said no disrespect. I'm just trying to tell you, whether you intended it or not, when you say what you said, it's gonna be disrespectful because intent only matters to you because you didn't intend it to be disrespectful. But the person that's receiving the criticism is gonna feel just.
Speaker 3: I didn't criticize nobody. I just said as a whole, and it's entirety. And if we've all watched it for the past ten weeks, and all I've done is done my due justice and due diligence in trying to get people to understand that are watching.
Speaker 1: There's a reason why number.
Speaker 3: Two isn't to be isn't able to be efficient at what he does. It's because of more than just a goddamn Ellen Allen Lazard, more than just Garrett Wilson, more than goddamn Rendall Cobb.
Speaker 1: It's more to it than just that.
Speaker 3: And you know that you can you god damn put goddamn mother, Teresa, that goddamn quarterback, and she gonna be pissed cause she'll walk right off because it ain't nothing she gonna be able to do either.
Speaker 1: But you and I both know that there is situations that some receivers function better when they have a better quarterback, and I'm not. The thing is, some receivers can elevate a quarterback play. Some quarterback can elevate a receiver play. Would you agree with that state? Could weld you agree with it? I do.
Speaker 3: I do agree with that statement. I like where you're going with that. I love where you're going with that small case in scenario. Yes, d Hot, Yes he was with Houston.
Speaker 1: You had a merry go round a yes, yes, yes, do you see what he was able to do? Yes?
Speaker 3: Now, given the circumstances on what thee justs have to work with, I don't think there's any quarterback in the NFL playing right now that you can put and switch any any quarterback on any team and put them on the New York Jets and the offense would be any better than what we've seen today.
Speaker 1: So now what do you think? Tell me what you think beyond and be honest with me, Be honest with the people that are watching if we put any other receiver.
Speaker 3: In the offense, I said, I said, any other quarterback lead the receiver that need to lead the receivers as be any other quarterback in this NFL and put him in that offense, would anything be any different? Honest, be honest with yourself now, based on what you've seen the past ten weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh, well you got me. I'm glad, I'm I like this goddamn topic.
Speaker 1: Come on, I do think because here's the thing, Oh, Joe, the mind is unbelievable. Tool. Let me because I don't believe that when the offense takes the feel that they believe the guy that's under center gives them a great chance of winning.
Speaker 3: Oh the offense. But listen, that has nothing to do with nothing. You have a job to do. You have a job to do. You are playing and do you have a When you go out on that field as an offense, it's an individual battle between you and the motherfucker in front of you. You can't be worried about what the goddamn quarterback got to do, because I listen to me. If you a belief, you gotta believe you could win every battle because if you are.
Speaker 1: Doing your job, to your quarterback. You just told me you couldn't win with those quarterbacks. The finished. Let me let me you couldn't win with those quarterbacks. How you gonna cut me off? And I ain't finished?
Speaker 2: You talk about the office, go out there with no belief?
Speaker 1: What belief?
Speaker 3: You got a job to do. Oh, you got a job to do as an officive line, you got a job to do. When you line up there, there's a there's a face in front of you. Your job is to block the face in front of you. And when you do your job individually, it makes the quarterback job easy to be able to get the ball to the goddamn receivers.
Speaker 1: No matter. I ain't got nothing doing, no goddamn beliefs. So you believe, So you believe in New England that the guys had the same belief and everybody else to play quarterback when Tom Brady was out for whatever reason as they had in tom Brady, Yes or.
Speaker 2: No, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 1: We talked about it. We talk about a great line.
Speaker 2: They had a great line.
Speaker 1: They had a great offensive line. Do you think that Do you think they were able to go from Tom Brady to maca sell. It's still make the playoffs. They had a line. They didn't make the playoffs that year. They did not make the playoff that year, they win it went tennis six. Yes, get to win ten and six. So I'm asking you a simple question, O Joe. So you believe that Kansas City, if if when Patrick Mahoon comes out and they put another quarterback in, you believe they have the same belief in that quarterback as Patrick Mahone. You believe that Justin Herbert were to come. So you believe belief I'm gonna do. You believe I'm gonna give you something that you can that's tangible for you. So you believe that Jamar Chase and those receivers have the same belief in nakel In excuse me, and Jake Browning as they have in Joe Burrow. You're confusing me.
Speaker 2: What does the belief have to do with anything?
Speaker 1: You have a job to do. When you walk on the field, it does get the fuck open. If you don't have Joe Burrow. If I'm Jamar Chase, I don't care who at the Helm the exd knows When that sounds good. That sounds good in theory, that sounds good in theory. That sounds good. That sound I don't care who at the helm. I got a job to do, and I'm going out there and do my job.
Speaker 3: They don't pay, they don't pay my belief to worry about what the who's that quarterback?
Speaker 2: They paying me to get the fuck up the catch ball, to score a testown.
Speaker 1: That's what they pay you to do. They do that. They do that just because you're trying to believe. You got that too much going on. You got too much to worry about already. Why are you worried about who the fuck playing quarterback? That's too much. That's that's your thanks for the gym, that's the head coach, That's that's your worry about. I just I disagree. I disagree. That's it. We're gonna move along. Jerry Jones ranks ranks this thanks Government, this Thanksgiving win over the Commanders as one of the top Cowboy moments. He said, I don't know if I've had a better day like this, and I'll include all of them, I'll put super Bowls in there. I don't know if I've ever had a better day with the Cowboys than today. Jerry, what are you talking about? Jerry Jones about five years ago, since, yes, you don't know the size of check that I'll be willing to write to win one more super Bowl. But he didn't say that about a regular season game, O Joe. He just say, you don't believe the sides of a check that I would write to win a game against the command those on Thanksgiving, or I win a regular season game. He says, you don't believe the side of the check that I'd be willing to write to win one more super Bowl. Because he started he's starting to come to grips with this mortality. He realizes that he has less time than more time on this earth. And for him to say that, why would he say that, oh Joe, when you know that's not true. Nobody that's won a super Bowl would take a regular season win over a super Bowl and say you feel just as joyous.
Speaker 2: I see more, more, more more about Jerry.
Speaker 3: And if obviously be in the face and always want to be in front of the camera, I think he was more so in the moment, more so in the moment, and really not thinking about what happened in the past, more so just speaking just to be speaking.
Speaker 1: That's what I call.
Speaker 3: That's That's what I call living in a moment for the time being that you're in right now. If Jerry Jones wants to win the Super Bowl, he can put together a team to do so right now. Defensively, he's done a great job. Really, there's no reason. Offensively they are awesome. All they needed for that to be Dak the way he is in the regular season, be the exact same way, be very efficient, don't turn the ball over, and get CD Lamb involved, get Gallup involved, goddamn get Cooks involved in the goddamn postseason, and they will be just fine. The only issue is, just like the Dolphins, we haven't got I think we talked about the Dolphins already.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, back to him, We'll go back talking to the just two things. Two things.
Speaker 3: One thing about the Cowboys and the Dolphins. They are in somewhat very alike, verylike. Offensively, the Dolphins to me, much higher ceiling and much better that in that offense, very good as well. Obviously them having a defense, I've given them the edge defensively.
Speaker 1: The Dolphins, one.
Speaker 3: Thing that they haven't done this entirety, the entirety of the season, is they haven't beat a winning team or a team above five hundred, neither of him. So at some point that's when the radley sets in. Once you get to the postseason and that's it. That's all they got to do.
Speaker 1: But I'm trying to understand after Jerry, Jerry last won the Super Bowl in ninety five, so it's been almost three decades, and you're saying a team that's a team like the Commanders you've never felt I mean, look, I've won some big games, but when you win the super Bowl, oh Joe, and you know that's the ultimate prize.
Speaker 2: Right right, right?
Speaker 1: Even the second and third Super Bowls which I won, didn't bring me the joy and the gratitude and the gratification that the first one. And you mean to tell me a regular season game you've been as excited equally to or more so than than a Super Bowl, Right, that's the right.
Speaker 3: Did you think do you think maybe he said that to continue to to get the headlines once again, to say something, to say something ridiculous of that like that, because what's the first thing everybody's gonna be talking about just to keep just to keep your headlines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's that's exactly what that was.
Speaker 1: But when you when you have the Cowboys, you're gonna get the headlines.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, most, definitely most.
Speaker 1: They're fan base, they're loyal, they're devout. Uh, you generate the ratings, you were a cash cow. It goes without saying, you see, think about it, leon Nel Messi doesn't say anything, does he. He doesn't need to talk, Yes, sir, some people they don't need to talk. It goes without saying. When you're when you're that entity, you don't hear the Google CEO talking? You do now? Now? Now, Elon Musk is a different animal with yes, yeah, you don't hear people from Google or Salesforce or you know, Microsoft, you don't hear him talking. The business speaks for itself, right, And I just don't get with Jary what I don't believe. I tell you what this is what I do know. As much as the cowboy fans love their cowboys, I don't think any cowboy that was alive during this time and understands what those Super Bowls meant in the nineties, I don't think that one thing. Believe Jerry, I don't think. I think at this point.
Speaker 3: I think at this point as much as as much as Jerry talks as many things as he says, whether you agree or disagree with him, those that are part of that cowboy fan base take it with a grain of salt. I think they take everything he says with a grain of salt because they are worried and focus on production in the postseason and nothing else matters.
Speaker 1: Else because when you had as much success as DAK has had in the regular season, what's the next step? I mean, because you say, okay, it's incremental steps, and you have to that there's a process. You win, you lose. Okay, Now we consistently win, and each year you're like to think that we can progress a little further. And they haven't been able to get past that division round in even getting back to an NFC championship. So now that's the measuring stick for DAK if you want to be thought of in that court, that little small group. Let's see, Joe Burrow has gone to two AFC Championship games, got to a Super Bowl. Patrick Mahomes, we're not even talking about him because there hasn't been a year in which he's been a starter that he didn't make the AFC Championship. In three of those five years. He found himself in the Super Bowl, and he's won two Super bowl so we understand. But if you want to be thought of, is those quarterbacks or those legendary got to go further, O Joe, because right now, what's the difference between him and Tony Romo. Tony Romo won division Tony Romo wonerful, but he hasn't been He wasn't able to advance past the divisional round. And that's what the Cowboys. When you look at Starback and you look at the guys that has those Lombardies lined up in Jerry's office. The reason why they became legendary, the reason why they became folklore, is because they were able to capture the ultimate. And that's what it comes down to in this sport. In pro sports, there's on this menu, O Joe, there's only two things you can order, wins and losses. They don't even come with water. They don't give you no napkins, and get wins the losses. That's all you get, right And so I just think, Dak, I've been receiving some criticism from something that I said last night. I said he led the league and interceptions consistently. But y'all know I meant turnovers. So let me court clarify what I said. Dak had finished in seven years three times in the top ten in total turnovers, four times if you count the year because he was top five the year that he broke his ankle and missed the rest of the season, so out, and he finished first last year, tied for first last year and he missed five games. So I think if somebody finishes top four, top ten, four or the seven years he's been in the league, don't you think that would qualify if someone someone that's turned over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, somewhat based on numbers. Every everything is about numbers. Everything this in ten years.
Speaker 1: If you finished top if you finish top ten in drops for those in for those eight seasons, what would people consider, o Joe, If you finished top if you finish top ten in fumbles in for the and for the eight years you've been in the league, they will say you got a fumbling problem, right right, right, I'm just too Ojo. Two things can be true. Dad can be playing really well and he's had a history of turning the ball over. Why can't Why why they don't have to be mutually exclusive? And I think sometimes people lose sight of that that who things can be true. He could be a good player, and Adrian Peterson was a historically great running back, but what did he have a problem doing ojo football? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, So are we denying that.
Speaker 3: No, it happened, and it doesn't take away it doesn't take away the fact that they are greater at what they.
Speaker 1: Do right, and so the thing the problem is is that when Dak has gotten into the playoffs, that bug has reared it.
Speaker 3: And you know what, one thing about it and I know them boys gonna see this to take some of the pressure off of that. To me, I think which would help with some of the interceptions and some of the things like that. I need my receiving cores to raise their level of play, to raise their level of play. I need Ceedee Lamb to always be open mind. I know you're playing out his mind. I need Gallop, I need Brandon Cooks. I'm talking about every time something that is called, every time a play a player is called, you just got to be there for your quarterback. I'm talking about like insurance. You know, if something happened to you and you got insurance, you know that in insurance is gonna cover you no matter what I want. Yeah, I want Dak to be able to be blindfolded and be able to count and be able to throw a ball without even looking at knowing his receiver is gonna be there for him every single time, every time. And I think some when you get when you get that type of trust in your quarterback and receiver knowing he gonna be there for me, they gonna be fine, especially come playoff time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, c CD is played this year like a top five receiver. You and I, you and I have to be with top ten. I was like, okay, borderline top ten. But he's played like a top five receiver. I think it goes what I questioned to say, it that ty Reech has been the best receiver. And then aj Brown justin Jefferson with balling out of his mind before he tweaked that ham Streek hamstring chase is chased. Keenan Allen has been phenomenal. But but but cd CD has been legit. CD has been I mean three straight I think he had three straight games with what double digit catchers and one hundred and fifty plus yards that had never been done in NFL history. He did that he's showing it's gonna cost you a lot of money. Did resign him because he's in the fourth year, he got that contract coming up. Guess what you got that boy dog on the other side, number eleven double hockey sticks. He coming up. He gonna want he gonna want his paper. Oh yeah, sonnay. And guess what Daxson is gonna coming up? What you're gonna do with d You look that when the Super Bowl, that's automatically fifty me. He gets to the NFC Championship game. Now he's thrown his name into the NBC discussion with the way he's played the last two weeks with the touchdown, the interception, the touchdowns, high interception rate low he's thrown He's thrust his name into the equation. But that's a great problem to have, O Joe. I'd rather have that problem and dealing with pay paying guys after I won a championship as opposed to like, who do I pay? And we haven't reached the ultimate pinnacle yet. So Dak continued to play well, I was just pointing out, those are some of the things and you just can't look at the positive. Yeah, you look at guys Okay, Dak's playing well. I think you will not discuss that lad Night. He was clean. I'm talking about I'm talking about for Sunday Cleanna Birsary clean. Yeah, he would clean as the board to health. He was exactly. Yeah. Yeah. Hold up, there's someone in the chance saying, oh, Joe, you just ran about Lazar. Now you're saying that the Cowboys need to play, need need to up their plate. No, no, no, huh.
Speaker 2: I don't think they. I don't think he understand what I was talking about.
Speaker 3: Hunh. When you get into the postseason, Hm, the receivers. Yeah, what's the first thing that's gonna happen when you get into the postseason. We doubling, we doubling CD. So I need Gallop and I need Brandon Cooks to do exactly what he do exactly like his last name say, I need you to cook every time. I think every time. And they've been playing, they've been playing really well.
Speaker 1: I think what they're saying is that when Aaron Rodgers goes out Ellen, Lazar should have said, hey, I'm gonna up my plate.
Speaker 3: I think that's the argument that they're making. You say that said, look, you can't you can't. They don't have they they don't have the same structure. Now we talked about the Cowboys don't do that. Now we talk about we can't compare the Jets offense and the Cowboys offense.
Speaker 1: Now, come on, now, stay with me. You said you said they got a job to do.
Speaker 3: Are they doing a job? Are they doing a job in New York? Are they doing a job in New York? I just do they doing the job. I've been telling you that from day one, and you argued me down. I'm arguing you down because Zach can't do his goddamn job because the job in front of him ain't doing theirs and ever done this, and how the person in the chat don't understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You don't understand what I'm saying. Hey, someone else in the chant saying, oh Joe, low key, you kills in your own argument.
Speaker 2: Brodamn they don't know.
Speaker 3: See, I hate talking with football with people that don't know goddamn football.
Speaker 1: I was talking about the interception.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking about the interceptions that I've seen last year in the postseason. It was going to the receivers that were motherfucking covered.
Speaker 1: Everybody would have known what my t shirt be saying that's a horrible idea. What time? Uh the athletic hold on? You want to go back to tour? Oh, Joe, I got some concerns because the turnovers are starting to ride. You see. That's two games, the last two games, five turnovers. That's concerning because you know, come playoff time. Oh so you turn the ball over three times times, you're going home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're going home. But listen, we just talked about that. Did we not just talk the other night?
Speaker 2: That was last night?
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, that goddamn out route, That goddamn out If you try to hitch when you hit that third step, the ball gotta be gone.
Speaker 1: The ball got to be going.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna miss, you either miss why or you miss out of bounds.
Speaker 1: Yes, one of the other.
Speaker 3: You just talked about that very difficult throw.
Speaker 1: And plus Tour doesn't have the strongest arm to begin with. You think so noo? What you mean? Do I think? So? Listen? I ain't seen two up close. Now, I ain't seen him up close to be No, No, he ain't got no arm. He has he has to throw with incredible anticipation, kind of like Brock party. But I think Rock party anticipatory skills are as good as that we've seen. He just doesn't have like Mahomes can anticipate, But Holmes Mahomes can throw the ball through our hurricane. There's the difference. Marino had that kind of anticipation, but he had armstring. You know a lot of times we see guys with great anticipation anticipation, they don't have the Josh Allen or the Brett Barb or the Patrick Mahomes, the John Elwick type arm strength. Sure he can't if he's ever late, it's going another way. Is really that simple because the guys because not out rock. Because here's the thing. When you run that speed out o Joe, you know exactly what I'm talking about. When you when you hit ten and roll to twelve, Yes, because if you miss, the DB's on your hea. That's why you speed out of the thing, because you're rolling away from him. If you miss, you're gonna hit him in the chest. Right, you hit the guy on the chest on the out route, it's going to the house unless unless it's like eighty yards and you missed with Tyreek, Tyree could chase him down. He can't. But other than that that's to the house. Yeah, he's got a full head of steam one way, and and and and you rolling the other way. It's like it's kind of the same on that. On the hell merrit that the Jets. I looked the ash when the guy intercepted. I said, he for to run this back, and she looked at me like I said, because you got to understand, all the receivers are in the end zone. You ain't got nothing but lineman and a non athletic quarterback that's about to try to make the tackle. You had a running back in there, he got a block, boop, it's over. It's just like Alabama the kick six. It's kind of like a deep interception. Boy, you got the receivers right there. So the guy gets the ball running back this way, it's over. Like I said, unless you got a Tyreek or DK somebody that can chase him down down. But in that situation, yeah, you ask him, You ask him awful lot. That's concerning for me. Yes, they're dangerous. They still had two guys over one hundred yards today. One guy had ten catchers. I think the other guy had nine catches. Tyreek and Waddle both went over one hundred yards. Basically all the yards came between those two guys. I think both between them. They had like two twenty of the two forty three that are to a had but the interception. But the turnovers are starting to concern me. Okay, let's look at this athletic release their annual player survey. Players were asked about their favorite stadium to play in. What do you think? What do you think? The number one stadium to play?
Speaker 2: It was the number one.
Speaker 1: Yes, this was easy for me. I got it because it was my favorite. You're number one to everybody else, so it was there at the players current players anonymously asked their favorite stadium.
Speaker 3: Trying to think, I'm telling you maybe I'm thinking of I'm gonna just go with the two loudest stadiums that wouldn't be a favorite though, Arrowhead or the twelve Man out there in Seattle.
Speaker 1: Arrowhead was number one, it was that's a good one. The US Bank Stadium, which is Minnesota stadium number two. Yet it's loud, but to go there and to see it's a sea of red. Yeah, and they bring that be to your b to be to bomber over and it's just like hovering and it's right there, but you don't hear it until it gets past and get it is rumbling. The stadium is actually rumbling, and all you see is red. And when the and the national anthem and the home of the Geez, yeah I mean it. You can feel the wind of all those people saying geez, feel it and it just gives you goose bump and you know you got to be on your best behavior. Now. When we played them, oh yeah, they're ma but you have to understand it was different because when I played them in nineties, they were all the defense fiveteen. They were loaded. They had DT, they had Dale Carter, they had Dale Carter, DT, Neil Smith, James Hasty, they had durn Cherry, Martin Baylor's, they Dan Salamore, Joe Phillips. They were loaded on the defensive side. And you know they had Barry Ward, christianher Corrier. So Marty Schottenhamer was the coach. They run the ball. You know, Marty wasn't gonna do anything crazy, and then turn it over to his defense and A and you see they get you backed up DT running the M zone and do this. That's what y'all want to see. And the fans go crazy. Oh yeah, he said, yes, what y'all want to see? Okay, they get you backed uble, Joe, they get you backed up. They got so loud. They had to change the rules because Dan told us We went there one time and Dan says, John, if you can't hear, just turned to the official and tell him you can't hear. Mm, well, why not go to silent count? But that was before the silent There was no silent count. We ended up turning. We had teams ended up going to the silent counts, but the official would make the crowd, the home crowd quiet down so you can hear the snap. And they said, if you didn't quiet down, they were gonna start taking time out.
Speaker 2: Okay, NFL, now we can't have that.
Speaker 1: That's the whole purpose of having the home field advantage is to have your crowd get in to it. So they changed the rule and then everybody started going on the silent count. Arrowhead was number one. US Bank Stadium, the Bikers was number two, the least favorite stadium to play in. Where do you think the players voted?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think I would I would go Well, obviously the Raiders aren't at the black hole, so they it's nice over there, so the black hole wouldn't be trying.
Speaker 1: To think least favorite. I got both of these, which fan base is really crazy? Maybe the Eagles Eagles, Eagles, the Eagles are make Eagles. No, the old Eagle. When I played, the Eagles used to play at the VET. This was terf It was concrete with basically a carpet laid on top of it. Ouch. It was terrible. Yes. Uh, the players voted meant life is where the Jets and the Giants play. That is a bad stadium, FedEx and FedEx Field because remember they just had no cold they had no hot water just last just last week. So the tourlet and the tournat has been backing up from what I've heard. But when I played, I would say VET, the Eagles played the old Astrodome. They didn't. They did away with that before you got into the league. Uh. Cleveland Municipal Stadium was a dump. Yeah, yeah, it was a dump, Joe. It was bad. It was really really bad. Yeah. The most annoying fan base crazy got.
Speaker 3: The Eagles throw snowballs at center you know, you know they ain't wrapped too tight.
Speaker 1: They say, say I ain't bring them ish, so that he deserved it. Okay, the Eagles were number one? Who's number two?
Speaker 2: Number two? Fan base?
Speaker 3: That's really crazy, Oh Joe, come on now, it's a good one because hey, the Bills, no, most annoying.
Speaker 2: Oh annoying? Oh okay, oh the Cowboys?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Okay, okay, okay, okay, thank you. But you know, but see I came along. We didn't really know how annoying the fan base was because there was no social media, so there was nobody on gian Oh y'all, you suck cowboyd Nation and the Eagles fly were whatever the Eagles fly because I think Ravens flocked Eagles fly. There was none of that going on, so we didn't get it until you. Until you got there, but every fan base was rabbit. Uh check this out. Coach other than your own that you would have wanted to play for, yep, Oh that's a good that's an easy one. And that Andy Reid offense Nope? Yeah? And what what he wouldn't want?
Speaker 2: How he wasn't one?
Speaker 3: So depending on who you asked, three you have an offensive player. He was three, So who would be one? If you had a coach that you'd like to play world.
Speaker 1: I mean that was easy for me. I got, I got, I got number one. I would I would. I went with Andy Reid too, but I got this with number one. No hands. Mike Tomlin Mike, that's a matter of fact. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Is a good one.
Speaker 1: Number two was Mike McDaniel.
Speaker 2: That's that's another good one. You notice everybody you just name a player coaches.
Speaker 1: I thought they were the name Kyle Shanahan. Can you imagine in that offense.
Speaker 2: That office. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: That's that's a good one though, And they all all everybody that those top three are all player coaches and relate very well to the players.
Speaker 1: Danny donated seventy dollars. Ask Uncano Jo, what are the best parts of playing in the NFL? What are the worst parts? I'll let you go first. What's the best part?
Speaker 3: Let me see the best part and competing and matter of fact, the best part to me is the game. Being able to compete, getting up, practicing, you know, showing up the meetings, going through the game plan, going out executing the game planning, and then going out Sunday and trying to execute it the exact same way.
Speaker 1: You know you did.
Speaker 3: Obviously, you know that that you worked on in practice. For me, the entertainment value that for one, that I was able to bring to the game dog was bar none and one of the best things for me. The bad thing will be the bad thing.
Speaker 1: I think. Take anything I got to I got two repaired hips, I got, I got located, Damn I got, I got a broken practice collar ball.
Speaker 2: That god, damn you got. You got fucked up.
Speaker 1: Yes I didn't. I didn't have to have the y.
Speaker 3: But the only the only bad thing for me, the only bad thing for me was the fact that the entertainment value that I brought to the game, they saw me as a villain and they kept taking my money over.
Speaker 2: I think I was going now everything now everything is accepted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think for me, the camaraderie. See, I enjoyed this staff man, but I like. I love the practice. I love the practices. I love the meeting, I love the locker room. I love the bus rides, I love the plane I love all of that, the bonding and the journey to get to that destination, which is the super Bowl, and to win that that's that's the look look and that the money the look the money because it gave me an opportunity to take care of my family and away that I probably never could have. Maybe maybe I could have, but I didn't really love anything as much as I love football. Now, had I not been, had I not been able to fulfill my dreams, I was going to law school and I was gonna be ab and I think I could have been. You know, I think people liked by debating skills. I think I'd have been a damn good lawyer. Okay, Johnny Cocker, Yeah, you know what I'm saying. You know, Johnny Cocker, Willie Garren, you know, Jess fancy to be, you know, one of the big time guys. And so I think that's that's the best part, o Joe, is the opportunity provide for your family at a level that you probably didn't even dream of. Because even though I was going like playing in the NFL, man, when I'm I mean, if you got a million dollars in the NFL when I first got there, bag you making big time money right right? It wasn't no, it wasn't no. It wasn't no. Seven eight ten million dollar deals going on. As a matter of fact, when I first got your NFL. There wasn't even no free agency. There wasn't no free agency. So they offered you. You had to take whatever they offered. That's why a lot of these guys stayed with one team forever. Joe, where you going right? Right? Right? Where you going? Yeah, and so a lot of and that's what you what you saw is that these great teams, all of them got Oh you look at the Steelers, Joe Green, Mail Blunt, Lambert ham Bradshaw, they traded Franco star Warts, Swan Webster. All those guys get old at once, then what do you got? All those guys are Hall of famers, but they're retiring within a year or two of each other.
Speaker 3: Then what Yeah, And when I think about it, I never really thought about, you know, the money in the financial aspect of it, because I was I was so busy and joined the game the same way I did when I was a little shorty, the same way I played football, I tell you know, Like the same way I played football at Liberty City Optimists, at MAMMI be Senior High or Mia Lake's Optimist when I played them, talking about back in nineteen eighty eight. It's the same way I played the game. Once I got to the NFL and the fact that they tried to get me to conform and change the way I played the game, it wasn't It wasn't happening. And the funny thing about it when when we think about the NFL and when you don't abide by the rules, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't break the rules.
Speaker 3: I just been them just a little bit because I felt the game should be played in the entertaining I felt the game should be played in an entertaining fashion. So the first thing they think, well, we gonna take what you think, We're gonna take what we think you value most. That's where the finds come in at. But lord behold, man, I'm not here for the money, because I'm gonna make that regardless. I'm gonna play the game the way I play is a little shorty and have fun doing it because when my time is up, I don't want no regrets about Damn. I should have did this while I was playing Rod eight seventy. Ask who is the better route runner? Ochoa A b Oh.
Speaker 2: You know, you know the funny thing about it, but it is people.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 3: People won't even know Me and A B training together for the past, what thirteen fourteen years.
Speaker 1: They ain't ask you that. They ask you a sibil question. Who's the better route runner? They don't ask you who you trained with? Not get the people answer. It depends. I'm the greatest. Depend on what? Who is the great?
Speaker 3: I'm the greatest route runner of all time, all time? Say that I'm the great, lady. Let me start, Let me let me talk, let me say something. I'm the greatest route runner of all time. There's one receiver.
Speaker 1: Listen to me.
Speaker 3: Don't stay with me, baby, There's one receiver and you can. You can in the NFL. Here, NFL Films has all the footage that can come to the line of scrimmage and before the snap of the ball, tell the dB my route and still get open.
Speaker 2: There's only one person that's ever done that. Let me let me finish.
Speaker 3: There's one receiver that before the season started, he has a he had a list of every DV, every dB in his locker.
Speaker 1: It was checking him off week the week. There's only one everybody else did I know I'm talking about about earlier in my early got to keep up with you.
Speaker 3: And the funny thing about it, that's that's that's one man and not only and it ain't really bad to lose to that one man because that one man is one of the greatest they ever played the game.
Speaker 1: So he got got what that was? What that would have said about you if you did a number on it, huh huh mean you heard exactly what I felt.
Speaker 3: You know, I would have said, I would have said, I got lucky because that motherfucker was good boy. That nigga Reavers had the motherfucking patience of Sally Made because you know, ain't nobody paying that money no time soon.
Speaker 1: But at that line of scrimmage, ain't biting that first move, No no, no, no, no, no, he got it. Don't look at him the way he's building. And then she got a he man, he got long and that first move he ain't biting. Did he just gonna turn it run?
Speaker 3: And if he do this and he got that, he can put that little ar bar right by your hip, so you really can't go nowhere. And then his ball playing skills was fucking elite, elite ball playing.
Speaker 2: Skills elite, Yeah, yeah, he was, he was.
Speaker 1: He was good. He was good. You watch his feet, I mean, hey, he opened up too soon. All that he said, I see all that head moving, but that way they moved that.
Speaker 3: There's there's only one person, one person who had consistent success against Reeves, and that was Stevie Johnson. Stevie Johnson was a phenomenal, phenomenal receiver, especially in the phone booth when it comes to to creating separation and making you think, making you do something you didn't think.
Speaker 2: He was doing opened up unbelievable.
Speaker 1: But it was rare that had opened up too soon, very because he never bit the first move, and sometimes he.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't even he wouldn't even go for the guy damn second one. Yeah, that's why I say, listen, weavers had the patience of sally made because you know, people ain't paying them loans back no time soon.
Speaker 2: And we was gonna sit there wait for you. He gonna wait for you.
Speaker 1: But salamj just wait for you to get a better pay of job and then you's gonna come knocking on. I need to get that Salamati Salamate say, I ain't bother you that little first job because I know that's a little that's the little starter job. It's just like your first house. Oh Joe, you know everybody they got to start the house, Saud, wait, I would wait till that second or third job would you get that? Would you get that big pay day? And then I'm gonna Hey, then I'm gonna see them. I'm gonna send those notices out. Uh. Plcer seventeen asked how many rings would you have won now? And how many how many rings would you have now in a league like this? Oh, let me go back rod. He also asked who is the better route runner? Meal with really, dude, wait now you you was a different type of tight ending with Come on, man, just understand the game now. I was a legit. I got drafted as a wide receiver and they moved me to tight ends. But I can still maneuver like I ran bang eights, I rang, I ran comebacks, I ran digs they put me outside. I ran slug os, I ran speed out. How many tight ends you think, even in today's game, they've hitting ten roll to twelve? How many of them running a comeback? How many of them running a dig? How many of them running a dagger? How many of them running a shape route? I could literally literally run the route tree. Oh Joe, Yeah, got not even a fair comparison to ask a guy that was two twenty eight, could have got two fifty run better routes than me. Talk you talk, talk your talking, now, talk your talk. I wish you when you're right, one thing about it. I'm wish you when you're right. I ain't gonna all the fact, man, I didn't seen you.
Speaker 2: Now, I got.
Speaker 1: Witnen had an unbelievable career. But it ain't no tight end hm hm not no, not no routes because you gotta realize. I spent a lot of time outside the numbers. Yeah, I'm running. I'm running. I'm running a what tighten? You know, running bang eights right now? That ain't happening right now, didn't happen.
Speaker 3: I got a question, I got, well, no, he's just a big body with great hands.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I was a thinking about Jimmy Smith. What do you think about Jimmy Smith. I'm Jimmy Smith, Jimmy Graham.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Graham, jim Jimmy was a big body. He was. Yes, that's the first.
Speaker 2: That's why I said that.
Speaker 1: And see, I look at guys like Jimmy. He was kind of like Mark Tamira, Ben Coles Bavarro. They played bumper cards. They look at the banging to somebody and bump off them. I ain't trying to let you touch me. I'm trying. No, you ain't getting another that you ain't fit to touch me. I'm only two twenty eight, bro. I can't let you get your hands on me. Now. If you a safety or DP, yeah, i'm gonna throw you at last time to wait. But you you a linebacker. I ain't trying to let you get your hands on me. I'm not gonna let you square me up. That's the and I always say, I'm always playing oo, I'm playing half a man half because because I can't let you do this. It's like here and I'm here, or you're here and I'm here. I'm not gonna let you square me up. You're not gonna hit me in my breastplate. No, I'm always playing on half a man. And that's what I tell the guys. Not play half a man. Yeah, not the whole a make a make sure you are, make sure you understand you want to You wanted to be half the man that he could be right.
Speaker 2: And you know, it's funny when I think about it.
Speaker 3: There are some receivers, big body receivers that enjoy where they really don't have the physical tools of the DNA to play half a man because they really can't get around nobody that will light that want engagement. I've seen t o do it. I've seen Brandon Marshall do it. You've seen that pulling tug.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you know how strong you gotta be to have a pulling tug and still remain within the timent of an offense. Yeah, like that I try to do.
Speaker 3: I try to pull that pulling tug shit off one time. I tell you, no, Lie, I was on the sideline.
Speaker 1: Definitely gotta play half this the TV roll my ass all the way through the sideline.
Speaker 3: Say you know I ain't. I ain't watching the big niggas. No more, man, I ain't watching the big receiver.
Speaker 1: Now you can't. Now you need to be in order in order to play through the through the contact. Right. It's two twenty and.
Speaker 2: It's all about I might have been one eighty A best.
Speaker 1: Guys like guys like you said, Julio Yoll, Randon Marshall, Meta Tron.
Speaker 3: It's crave Mega Tron too. It's crazy I'm talking about They would let the DV get hands on them, like let them get hands on them and grab on the in between the shoulder paths and just tug and pull whichever way they want to go and.
Speaker 2: Be open every time, every time.
Speaker 1: Yes, because what you do when you do that, when you pull him, you launch yourself forward. That's just like a dB, if you know the sometimes dB grab you by the heill and undercome the rock because they slow you down and launched themselves forward forward. Yeah, so you have to because I did. I did that a lot. Get beat on the block, grab the guy by his way. Next thing you know, I'm in front of him. Man, how you do that? Don't worry about You'll see it on for him the trade. Richard Sherman also said Stevie Stevie Johnson was the hardest receiver to cover. Yeah. Yeah, Stevie Stevie was. Stevie was shifty in any any tall, long linky Lincoln corners like Richard Sherman or even even even in today's game, I'm thinking about Jayalen Ramsey. He would pose problems for anybody.
Speaker 3: You you missing, you missing everybody, everybody in this chair. You all remember and one right, you remember the an one basketball. Yeah, that's exactly how Stevie Johnson got off the ball him and Keenan Allen.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the saucy Hey, I don't know what you were in the league when Deyontay Hall from camp.
Speaker 2: Man, when do you remember what he did to the Broncos?
Speaker 1: I was there? What you mean? That was a kick return to part return return man? The human joystick? He human look he called he called it. He called a hitge route. Uh huh. He drew by twelve. Guys had guys running into each other like looking like Keystone Cops. Google that play that was against us in my hot Yeah what damn? That was also the game Porters give him up for like two hundred and half five touchdowns. Check this out, O Joe. Yeah. Anthony Edwa says he could be the first NBA and NFL player, and man, I think I might be the first. Fundy Marco. He sat down and did an interview with Fernnie Marco. Funny Marco asked, are you gonna do it? And man, I'm gonna try First. I gotta handle my business in the NBA Minnesota we won a championship. After that, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: M How how tall as Anthony ed was by but six eight success.
Speaker 1: No he's six four sixty five. That's it. That's it.
Speaker 3: So then he would have to play receiver, but he'd get banged up.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, he get banged up.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe. I don't know what got y'all crying about files in the NBA. Just imagine when y'all shoot a jump shot, y'all concerned about coming down on somebody's foot. Can you imagine you jumped your ass up in the air, they're gonna snatch.
Speaker 3: You out the Yeah, especially that tall. That's a big target. Though maybe Anthony Edwards is built different. You know, maybe in high school he might have been a five star recruit coming out. Obviously, I'm not sure if they will actually translate into the NFL. But still he's a dog at what he does, especially the NBA. That's that boy.
Speaker 1: That's that boy.
Speaker 3: I'm just not sure if it would translate the way he thinks it did, thinks it is, or would.
Speaker 1: Mentally, it's just a different, different animal. It's a different animal.
Speaker 2: Once you get to the NFL, now, especially when.
Speaker 1: You're that big and everybody says, oh, he could play, brother, do you understand. Look, I was in the league. Dion's a year older than me. So Dion came in eighty nine. I came in ninety. I was also in the league with both. So to say you think somebody can do it versus actually seeing somebody do it to do it. But I think basketball is a little bit because I don't know how often you go to NBA games, but you go watch the NBA game. You watched the eighth and ninth guy shoot the basketball and they don't miss. They'll make ten eleven shots in an effort. Row right, Right, But the mindset to be a football player and deal with that physicality. You thought the NBA was physical back in the eighties and nineties, and even though they relaxed a lot of the rules in the NFL. Right, animal, that's a different animal, though, Ojo. And that's what I tell guy. I said, look, I'm not trying to short change your talent, because I believe you were talented. Now, a lot of these guys might have played football. Mad Barnes played football, but he gave it up to focus on basketball. And that's what most of these guys did. Once they got to like the eighth or the ninth grade, they gave it up so they didn't play anymore. Played the last three years of high school, didn't play, if they went to college, didn't play. And then all of a sudden, you think you're just gonna like pick it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just you know, his mental his mental capacity and the way he is, just the way he built, the way he thinks you're based on his background, based on his upbringing, he truly believes he could transition and do it. He truly believes.
Speaker 1: That it is it Is it a reality or is it even even possible?
Speaker 3: Probably not, but the way he operate and that with that dog mentality, he has the makeup to be able to do it in the DNA.
Speaker 2: But it's just obviously it's too late. It's wouldn't even impossible because.
Speaker 3: Football, football, and basketball it run during the same time. Hey, and to speak to your fact and you know, my knowledge of the game of basketball is not where it should be.
Speaker 1: But I'm going to the game.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm going to a game this Monday, me and Doug.
Speaker 3: We're going to uh I'm sitting courtside for the Lakers in Philly game okay in Philly.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited. This is my first game in three years.
Speaker 1: Watch those guys just watching warm up and watch how Afflis they shoot the ball and guys will make seven, eight, ten, they'll make seven threes in a row. And you like, bro, Yeah, how you the Tears guy and you didn't mess? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But who do I watch? Who do I watch?
Speaker 1: Because the Philly Philly playing the Lakers, the Lakers playing, they got Joel andbid Hey, they got nice, they got been balling out of his mind. You know the Lakers. You know Lebron and ad Reeves.
Speaker 2: I mean, but just I mean Ad playing, ad playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna put him the side because he needs he need a nutritionist. I need to holler at a d A right the last time he played, that's the second game in the first fifteen, in the first fifteen, the thirteen games that he's gonna scoreless in the second half. But bust, there is there a reason. I don't know what the reason is. All I know is the Maverick has one of the worst interior defenses in basketball and he had zero points.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe he was kicking the ball out all the time. See, I know, that's my love, that's my basketball league.
Speaker 1: He was kicking the ball out. Oh Joe, I ain't kicking nothing out it's like what you said, when you gotta do when you got somebody and you know you can beat him, you ain't telling. You ain't telling. You ain't telling. Cars a car going fed TJ. Go ahead and feel you get me that? Give me that? Right?
Speaker 3: Okay, kicking enough? I see you're going when you when you isn't that selfish? If it is a selfish if the team is winning and there's an open man, you don't want it thish, You don't want to kick it.
Speaker 1: Out, but you're asking an awful lot for almost thirty nine year old to carry it. This is supposed to be Anthony Davis's team, right, this is what is supposed to be now. I remember Ron saying that, remember, yeah, but you can't. Yeah, but you got to take it right, you got to take it. I want I wanted to be John Elway to go to guy. I took it. I made him in practice. I made it the way I practice and come game time he knows he gonna catch it or it's gonna be incomplete. Well what if?
Speaker 3: What if his mentality is not like that? What happens just for for the sake of argument, a hypothetical question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happens.
Speaker 3: If Anthony Davis had a Kobe Bryant's type mentality, he he be.
Speaker 1: The best player in the NBA.
Speaker 3: A John Ma, he'd be the best player Derrick Rose type, Adam Iverson.
Speaker 1: That just that that it got that he'd be he would be the best player in the NBA. And that's what it See. That's the difference when I was talking and you was talking about earlier about the mindset. Right, you see how important the mindset is, right, Oh, Joe, I played my transition. Can he transition into that too? Late? Ojo? Twelve years? Ayah Ocho? You born with that? You think Kobe developed that once he got to the nine. That's little.
Speaker 3: That's that's start when you're little. That's start when you're little. That that kill of mindset. You don't even know you got it. It's just the way you coach the game. Yes, okay, okay, I was.
Speaker 1: Just I was just serious. Me. I was the youngest of all my cousins, Like my sister is the oldest of all my cousins on my mom on my mom's side, my sister's the oldest, and so Arnielle is next to her, who's seven years older than me. Eugene was six years old rest and so my brothers three years, my cousin's two years and so we playing. They call it travel. They do it everything. They be a I had to develop a mindset. I said, I want to play. I'm I'm tired of being picked last. Oh okay, I'm gonna throw in Ojoe. Okay, if you get the best player, If you get the best player, you also got to take the worst player, which is me. But I got out of that Ojoe right right right. So I developed a mindsket no, no, no, no, going to the park. I'm the last guy picked. Okay, now everybody waiting, Hey, we're gonna pay, We're gonna take sharp. And so that's the mindset you got to have. And like I said, I played my entire career at ladies and gentlemen. I weigh two hundred and twenty eight pounds. You not finna beat me all day long.
Speaker 2: O Joe right right right right, straight.
Speaker 1: Hand being Reggie. I got to win some of these battles. I ain't saying I'm gonna win them all, but I got to win something.
Speaker 2: Hey, straight hand with Sean.
Speaker 1: Man, straight man man straight locking wussy man straight.
Speaker 2: Hey, Reggie, right, like Reggie Wright with that runner, see the regul.
Speaker 1: A different Reggie. Reggie was a different animal. Was Regue was throwing three hundred and fifty pounds me in So what the hell do you think I had to Tricky had to take a had to take a false step and cut him off. Right. But but like we got to the super Bowl, I really didn't like. I really didn't like to cut right, especially like a guy like them, because last thing I want to do.
Speaker 2: Is right, right, right right.
Speaker 1: But there was the super Bowl. It was the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Joe, he said, fuck it, Huh, I had to get it.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm sorry I was cutting everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you you had a disadvantage, man, you have advantage.
Speaker 1: Reggie. Reggie was ungodly strong. Bruce was strong. Uh, and if Bruce, he had to understand Bruce played basically he got all those sacks basically in a in a three four defense. So Reggie was a five tech. I mean Bruce was a five technique technague, right, which is which is yeah, he got two on the sacks basically, with the exception of maybe the last couple of years in Washington, he was a He was a five Tech, right. Remember remember Dext to Manly. Yeah, I think Dex was gone by the time. I think. I don't think I played against him. I played against Charles Man in Washington. They had they had they had a they had a good team. They had a good team. I think we played them the year after they won the Super Bowl in ninety one. I think that's when we played them. I think we played them there. We played them in the old RFK Stadium. It was a dump too, uh ojo. I don't know if you saw this video. Did you see this guy made a raccoon soup and he made it with all the ingredients that I told you they have pepper onions. Yeah, I saw it on Twitter. So I want you to I want you to do me a favor. You want to try it with me?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not, no, no, no, no, hold hello.
Speaker 1: Hold on. I gotta get a time. I gotta get a full time of ojo.
Speaker 3: You will serve toes, but you won't eat no coon whoa state. Let me let's let's rewind that. Let me rewind this again and let me press play. You mean to tell me you'll eat some raccoon soup, but you ain't gonna suck no toes.
Speaker 1: No no, no, sir boy.
Speaker 2: Raccoons eat out the garbage.
Speaker 3: Raccoons eat everything, come to me, But you won't suck on no toes.
Speaker 1: That's clean. Just had a pedicure. I tell you what a chicken, a chicken, and a hog if nastier than a raccoon. Look it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know I know about that. What about that? But listen, they all nasty. They are nasty.
Speaker 1: I ain't no tod It's like, are you are you?
Speaker 2: Are you taking some taking some ice?
Speaker 1: Ice? You got give some crust for a spring to.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no. You start with that pinky toe.
Speaker 1: You play it like the flute like you Andre three thousand. No. Yeah. I was never in the band, and if I were in the band, I was gonna play the flue. I was gonna play the trumpet or the trombone. So no, hey, o Joe, you got I'm talking about choo. Yes, exotic exotic eating were going all over the going, all over the count all over the world, all over the world eating armadilla. Paul.
Speaker 3: We gotta listen, we gotta show that's that sounds like some god damn fifth factor.
Speaker 1: Ship.
Speaker 2: Now that for that.
Speaker 1: Now I do that.
Speaker 3: Because one one thing I try, I try anything once, Yeah, anything try.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about food. I'm talking about food. I ain't Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me clarify. You talk about about you will try anything? Oh no, no, no. The only thing try I know is tricycle.
Speaker 3: Now I wrote with since nineteen nineteen, since nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 1: But I think look good though. You gotta admit it looked good the way you had that thing had some cone bread. It looked good, but would have been better?
Speaker 3: Is is if we were to have a show like that, we will travel the world and try exotic foods or exotic delicacies.
Speaker 1: Or whatever it might be. You can't tell me what it is, because if you tell me what it is, then mentally I ain't gonna be there.
Speaker 2: If you don't tell me, God is racked. Don't tell me it's raccou soup.
Speaker 1: Just give me the soup and let me try it, and then I'll be okay. See see, I already got you signed down. See I get I want some pig here sandwich with old pig here saying which that real bread and mustard. I want a pig here sandwich. I want some greens with pigtails in them.
Speaker 2: Okay, I eat pigtails. I eat pig feet, not.
Speaker 1: Pig hear tail, you eat too?
Speaker 2: But anyway, huh, you don't wait, you don't You don't eat, you don't eat.
Speaker 1: We got a lot of music questions. Oh, Joe, Donny don't donated. We're moving on. Donny donated dollars? You got? You got off that top of the hated five. What music did you listen to before the game during your career?
Speaker 3: Boy, the boys hated me, and I'm sure, I'm sure, I'm sure. I'm not sure if any of my former players are former teammates are in his chat, but body, they hated me. We had a surround sound system, right and you know, game day seniority rules, seniority rules. We'll ever get to that surround sound system first, and that is the music you get to hear.
Speaker 1: Were you man?
Speaker 3: Unk I had Frank Sinatra playing. I had blues, classical music playing. Unk I had gospel playing. And they come in there hollering, screaming, man, get this bullshit off the goddamn We're trying to get ready for a game, and you know, man, shit, put your earphones on. Put your phones on, because for me, I done did so much shit talking through the week, through the media, playing around, giving the other team bulletin boar material. The last thing I needed needed to be on game day was rah rah rah How I needed to be relaxed, in a nice, calm and quiet mental state because now I got to go out there and perform and back up all that shit don't talked during the week, so I needed I needed that class crew music. I need that jazz. I need to hear Frank Sinatra. So I was in a calm state. So I went out there and I was able to execute and back up all that shit I talked. Man, they hated me, man, they hated it.
Speaker 1: That was the exact same way Michelle and Diego o'ceello was one, Maxwell was two shot. They was three good. That's a good one. Oh Joe. I couldn't listen to that get up because my because I'm already amy, Man, my heart be about to explode. So I not something to calm me down. Man. Man, you know what Michael Parsons said, he took that sea for powder. Oh Joe, I took some of that before the game. The guy like man, sharp, take this, O Jo, I liked to pass out. O Joe, serious, you took too much, Oh Joe, I'm already am I'm already a guy that gets going natural man. Actually, oh Joe, I ran down there and kickoff. I missed, man. I was on the oxygen for about about ten minutes.
Speaker 2: O Cho, and you was in Denver, so you're already sitting house.
Speaker 1: Already, I say, never again. Listen to some music. Listen to that music, everybody. I was at height that way. See what I was in Baltimore mysticales. I remember when mister Cook came out.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah you hot them?
Speaker 1: Yeah you I go, yeah, I go, Yeah you were hot. You're hot. Man. If they're ray coming out there, any dogs in the house, I said, Man, y'all this way, Oh y'all in the back, Yeah, yeah, they over there listen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I wish that's that's somebody.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm going off topic a little bit based on the question that was asked where I already answered though Ray Lewis, Ray Lewis, Lorenzo O'Neil, Denzel Washington, and Dion Sanders. Yeah, I don't know, and I wish people would have had the opportunity to talk to these individuals. Let's say, if you have an issue in life, you know, and if they were therapists, the way they can command the heir when they talk, man, it's it's it's something they should have been preachers. They should be arenz O'Neil man. I haven't seen Zoe, and so long Zoe. If you see this, Man, I love you and Ray.
Speaker 1: You know, Ray and I.
Speaker 2: This is a funny thing.
Speaker 3: Ray and I we read a scripture every morning for a decade straight, every Sunday and every Sunday. And the funny thing about it is when we play the Ravens, we would read the scripture together at ten o'clock and then we meet up and we meet up at the fifty before the game, and then we go on the field and he can be talking, Oh.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm like, Ray, it's me baby.
Speaker 2: But it was so funny.
Speaker 1: Man. Now that's some of the stuff.
Speaker 3: But a question you asked earlier about what you missed about the game, That's what I missed, man. To compete me so the friendships and the relationships that I built throughout the years, and I really missed that.
Speaker 1: I really really do man, truly do man. Damn I missed him. Boys, Uh no place underscore like underscore homes donated twenty dollars. Oh Joe, don't embellish. Did Toby uh we gee wee? Is that the guy that wrote no Toby wig? Wait?
Speaker 2: Toby wig wig wait?
Speaker 1: Okay? Did he write all the lyrics or did you have some input speaking about excessive celebration with old Toby. You didn't do nothing, no Joe. He wrote the lyrics.
Speaker 3: He wrote, he wrote the lyrics, but it was perfect for me based on who I was, So the lyrics perfect.
Speaker 1: So I came with my own lyrics.
Speaker 3: But the NFL wouldn't They wouldn't clear it because when I when I, when I wrap, I like the curse. So we had to get clears from the NFL because, yeah, this is a super Bowl commercial. It's a super Bowl commercial, so you know they ain't playing by that. Oh no, they ain't playing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I went with Toby lyrics because that is his profession. He's really good at what he what he does. Toby, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: I know you're gonna see this. I love you. But I was just grateful.
Speaker 3: I was gratefu for the opportunity to work to work with one of the one of the best artists in the game today, and it was it was dope.
Speaker 2: So right now I really think I'm a rapper, right.
Speaker 1: Rory donated twenty dollars and said, Meg the Stallion was on, I G Jam and nippleback. What music do you like that would be that would surprise people for me? Oh? Leonard Skinner.
Speaker 3: Home Alabama, Swede Home Malabama, free Bird, simple man boy.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love the wrestle of the free Bird. No. If I leave here tomorrowow, what do you still remember me? No?
Speaker 2: Free Bird Linnen Skinner, free Birds. But I love me some Skinner.
Speaker 1: I thought I thought he was about to ask us some question about making this day. I was like, I don't know it like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I I don't know Meg either.
Speaker 1: I don't know she's that laund in the norm room.
Speaker 2: She is what I mean, I don't you know, I don't really listen to rap like that than.
Speaker 1: The swamp raised possle. So you don't know nobody this. They get the most swamp raised possile they bad. You get them with some good old white white potatoes and some young potatoes that you put that joke in the oven.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, so, I have a question. Would you have any interest in they making a science?
Speaker 1: And she stacked up a.
Speaker 2: Swamp, raised a swamp raised possible?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they got it.
Speaker 2: I can hook that up because no, no, no, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm good. I'm good. I'm good. Good.
Speaker 2: Well, make up your mind.
Speaker 3: Now, you can't give someone You can't give someone credit based on from being stacked up and then say you don't want them?
Speaker 1: Can I can? I can? I give people the flowers? Oh Joe?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, why you don't want to give Dak a flowers?
Speaker 1: Lord, give you flowers? Did I not give Dak flowers last night? Jokay? You did? You did? You did? Unless you slap? Okay. Danny donated ten dollars. Hey you got Danny. It's no, it's not much, but I love you, Chad. It's my b day. And have a and you have a voice of an angel. Yeah yeah yeah, but hey, hey Danny, you have a birthday. Appreciated Danny. Happy birthday. I'm a sing, I'm a sing, Danny, Happy birthday, have mercy. Happy birthday to you. Yeah, happy birthday to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Happy birthday to my motherfucking dog my dude, Danny.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday to you. Yeah, thanks you it sound good. I stayed in range.
Speaker 3: When I go out of range, and that sound craz I had t Yeah, I gotta bring it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, Hey solut Danny, appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Ten dollars homie, basically staying your staying your talking boys, I do.
Speaker 3: You're exactly right until I get some vote. My vocal coach, my vocal coach. She moved, she moved a goddamn Netherlands.
Speaker 1: Okay, this out. Jerry Ly donated fifty dollars an ass unkin o jo much love. Hearing from the Asian community in Central Valley, California. I need to know. Does Chadr Sinko get more numbers than with you? Number seven? Let's get three hundred and fifty? Dan you that he gets does Cinco?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Does he? Oh? Okay? Does Chad Sinko get more numbers? Which means does he have better numbers more touchdowns with me with you than with me? No? Yes? Oh Lord, have mercy. Yes, you believe that I really don't understand the question he's saying. Do you believe that he's asking basically asking you? Do you believe John Alway would have had better numbers with you than with me. Well, if John Alway had me, then the numbers that I have right now would probably be double what they are your numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you put me in our offense. You put me in that offense.
Speaker 1: Boy out too much? No that you add lib too much? Like that you need lib? I did not.
Speaker 2: How you gonna tell you?
Speaker 3: I saw you do. No, you didn't. I don't ad lib. I don't add lib unless it's a song planned. I call Carson right now now. You need to call Carson right now. Cars a lot too. You think John, We're gonna say something against me, but you.
Speaker 1: Know you can't. You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't add live in a time and offense though.
Speaker 1: Check this out, Jay Hass Top five movies and TV shows guarantee you'll see in the Black Household Friday number one, Friday, number one Friday. Hey, I was gonna I was gonna go Hall of Nights, Hall of Nice Life, Hall of Nice Life, or coming to America. That's three nights life. Uh, coming to America America Friday. Yeah, Friday will be number five training Day. No, Yeah, somebo I'm talking about like Black Court like like Friday and Life Are I like the Wash with Snoop Dogg and Doctor Drer was a little bit before your time. I like Penitentiary, Uh, I like I like dead.
Speaker 2: President and Presidents. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: No boys, boys for show anytime, Sooty Ministers Society now said that President said that presidents already President Black TV shows Martin Martin in Living Color, Jamie Fox yea in Living Color, Good times, said the son Living Single. Yeah, oh, Living Single. That's a good one. That's a good one. Oh that's a going But you know, show Collby, show a baby classic what he got going on? Not with standy right, you can't. You can't. Not a man genius.
Speaker 3: I got a question and for the chat, y'all might be too lott young for this, but I know you canna remember. Please tell me remember the episode of The Cosby Show when the opera singer Blas said Old Domingo was on and he sang best of Memocho. You probably don't remember how you remember the episode? Oh my god, oh my goodness. Oh, one of the greatest episodes outside of the one where Little Rudy sang the song on the stairs when they had the baby, I forgot, I forgot the name of the song that they sang. The whole family performed on the stage. Dog that was class copy. Show was a really really good TV series, really good TV series.
Speaker 1: Rudy Husker grew up to be some type of woman for herself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rudy, Rudy Woody, real deal now, real deal.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, hey don't let real don't hey, don't mess this up. Real talk about you can't be on the show with no more come on now, I'm just saying, I just say, hey, you just let me talk because I don't want Red to cancelors Real Real Reil hold a lot of power. Real, We ain't mean no harm. We just you know, we just chewing the fact. It's just too home. Were just shooting the ship. No, no, no, no ill intent.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Rodney Digg is my homeboy. Oh. In my opinion, always felt like you could have played the NBA A triple jumped in the Olympic. What do you think I wanted to be muscles? I wouldn't have too much muscles. I couldn't. I got too big, Joe, I got too big, but I was I was an olimp a triple jumper. You know through the dess long jump, ran on the relay teams average thirty my senior year report a free point shot, Yeah, fifty two and three quarters. Fifty two and three quarters, still got the record.
Speaker 2: Who was playing with?
Speaker 1: Fifty two and fifty two? Now what you tell me? Were you who you was playing with? I need to see the competition? What was ocho one age? When it comes to me, there was no there was no competition. I just want you to check this out. O yo. In Georgia, Georgia, let me explain to you. In Georgia, let me tell you the guys that came out of class A myself, Herschel Walker, George Rogers, Champ Bailey, Garrison Hurst. Yeah, all those guys, uh double a what you call it was one class up? I think was te Quillo Spikes. The only guys. Now, this last crop that's come out cam was like upper class, like Folk five A, uh, Alvin Kamara. But early on most of the guys came out of single day football.
Speaker 3: But I need to see I need to see this fifty two you talking about. I need to see the color level he was playing against.
Speaker 1: There was no competition. Oh oh, competation, thank you Okay, combination. I was in a class by myself. Do you understand that? Okay, I shouldn't have been here. It was just like Herschel. Herschel had thirty one hundred yards and forty five touch downs the senior year, and mean saying, you see how you looked as a freshman, So imagine that as a freshman rushed for sixteen hundred yards. What the hell you think you gonna do in high school? Right? Look at George Rogers won the Heisman troupe. What day you think you're gonna do in high school? Look at Garrison Hurts? What then you think you're gonna do in high school? Champ? Champ went to a class in high school, all that athleticism. He went to Charlton County. We played Well, I'm way older than Champ, but we played them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it. I like Oh, I'm just saying that fifty two. But I gotta check. I got I gotta I gotta check. I gotta see that. Oh Joe, let's play one on one if you, Oh Joe, I played once I got drafted. I played that. I played one more year after I got drafted. I went to I went to my hometown. I said, this is gonna be my last time ever playing on this court. I said, I'm not losing. I said, y'all filled me with any five and I'm not losing. I walked out the court undefeated. Never played again. And that was it because I didn't want to. I didn't want to run the risk. I didn't want to run the risk of tearing the ac man. O Jo, I didn't do anything that could jeopardize football.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about right now, play me, says you.
Speaker 1: So good on Joe, O Joe. I haven't shot a basketball in thirty two years. I ain't rode a bike in forty years, and I could still get a ride ride a bike.
Speaker 2: It's called muscle memory. Either you got it or you don't.
Speaker 3: Are you that just told me that drop fifty two back then?
Speaker 2: So now all of a sudden, now, oh, you ain't done it this alon, you can't do it.
Speaker 1: If you're shooting, you can shoot, Ojo. Are you Steph Curry or not? No? Are you Steph Curry or not? I ain't left board now, let alone chef's steath.
Speaker 3: If you got it. One thing about us black don't crack and we don't lose it. We just lose opportunities. So either you're gonna get on this court and play me one on one?
Speaker 2: Who scared of me?
Speaker 1: So now you want to be the man with two repaired heels? Oh now you're making excuses? Hey? Are you? Are you making excuses? I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't care if he was in a wheelchair when we get on that court.
Speaker 1: I'm from the dunk on your ass? Uh? Oh, Joe, you ain't dunking number doughnuts? That too? Okay? Damn KOs said donated twenty dollars as gems. Top five Martial Arts actors of all time? Dead or live? What? Bruce Lee number Bruce Lee number one?
Speaker 2: Chuck whoas over Van dam I'm gonna go hire.
Speaker 1: Did they give him no particular order?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Chuck Nards, Van Damn Bruce Lee, Jackie chan I was waiting on that one. And it's one more. Michael J. White, Michael J.
Speaker 3: White, he is he is in the martial arts the other guy from Gently to Movie Jently. I don't know that's that's his name?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, yeah, yeah, jed Lye. Yeah, I'm trying to think Michael Angelo.
Speaker 1: Jose Hallopeeno on a stick donated saying, Hey, o Jo, I've been trying to challenge Ojo on the Xbox to a game of FIFA, but he's been dunking me. So I figured this is the best way to contact him. Love you guys, please don't stop making the show. So Jose Hallopeen on a stick, say, you've been dunking it. He said he won't that smoke called FIFA.
Speaker 3: Well, technically, how I know Jose on the smoke CALLAPEO ain't really serious about no goddamn FIFA any even called motherfucking FIFA no more, It's called EA s C.
Speaker 1: So that let me know.
Speaker 2: He's sorry as hell.
Speaker 1: He said he want to beat you on whatever it's called, whatever you call it, I ain't he's gonna he gonna lose to me.
Speaker 2: He's gonna lose me because he even saying the title right.
Speaker 3: He know how to find me. Anybody in the game of the world knows my game at TAG and they know how to find me. I ain't hardly find you scared? Sure, please you scared? I ain't hard to find Are you scared? I mean I find I know even even if I'm scared, I ain't hard to find.
Speaker 1: All you got to do? Run up what you're running from?
Speaker 2: Want to say you don't want to want to play me one on one? Oh Joe, I have any reason?
Speaker 1: The last time, the last time.
Speaker 3: I can't about your surgeries. I don't care noting about your hip played me one on one. I don't want to hear none of all of it.
Speaker 1: But last time I've shot a basketball, I weighed about two hundred and twelve pounds. I'm about two forty seven, and I'm a lot more muscle bound now than I was then. What does muscle have to do?
Speaker 2: Dwight Howard muscle bound too?
Speaker 1: He ain't made no sense. He can't shoot? What a lick? Well? You what? You better go to the hoop. You better go to the hoop and try to lay it up.
Speaker 2: Go to the hoop and try to lay it.
Speaker 1: Up with Joe. Joe. See, I just hey, all we do is drive just like this here.
Speaker 3: That's fine, that's fine. I'm coming up right up under that, and I'm stilling the ball next. Oh lord, oh Joe, O Joe, you can't play no basketball. You didn't play basketball in high school?
Speaker 1: Yo, did you not listen to me when I told you multiple shows ago the NBA players come to train with me to help what They off the ball and come what and come out to the dribble. All I know on the All Area team. If you go back and look at nineteen, what with that eighty five or eighty six? I know two players made the team, Shannon Sharp and purpose Ellison. Everybody I'm talking about twenty twenty twenty three. I want to play one on one at it.
Speaker 2: I come to l A. I come to LA get your camera crew so we can have some footage. We we nightcap.
Speaker 1: I say what, I'll tell you one one. I'll play you in the basketball. You come in the gym and work out with me. We don't put on that.
Speaker 2: Boxing right now. I cannot lift anybody got to do with it.
Speaker 1: Oh look at hey, Look at holy Field. Holy Field lifted. Please please please understand.
Speaker 2: I cannot lift weights. I can only do work right now, and like.
Speaker 1: The ability to do something. Chad Ocho Cinco Johnson has the abil.
Speaker 3: He cannot lift heavyweights right now because I have got nothing to do with me.
Speaker 1: I cannot shoot like basketballs right now. You understand I'm training yes you can. Are you training for miss Olimpia? I've trained to put these pythons round your deck. IM about to put a draymon on you first thing I see. You'll put that draymon on you. You see that right there.
Speaker 2: Ain't gonna have him go sleep, beat.
Speaker 1: You down, beat your old man down too. Yeah, pis steelers though THEYD fifty dollars an ass. If you guys switch positions in your career, who would have excelled in a new position? Also, when are you bringing Laportier down here to Canada? Hope you guys had a good Thanksgiving. First of all, oh't you see I played wide receiver at least for two months. He ain't ever played tight end? What you man? Ever? I played running back? I played running back. We are tight end in the NFL? Well, I ain't.
Speaker 3: I ain't built to be no tight end. So it's a hypothetical question that just really doesn't make no sense. But honestly, I'm just a better player all around. So regards of what position I would play, obviously it.
Speaker 1: Would be me.
Speaker 3: No common sense tell you that, no commisation. Yeah matter if I played tight end, give me let me.
Speaker 1: Throw your little last all over the place, the way. No, no, no, no, I got obviously hypothetically speaking, I would be two twenty eight.
Speaker 2: With these feet shy eight.
Speaker 1: I promise you that you're gonna beat it through twenty eight. Know you not you have what I had, but you having the feat that you got that you had when you played not in that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, you're right. You're right, You're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: But uh you you will come work out with me? Yeah? Yeah, but I can't. I can't. I can't. I can't left to here. You can when the when? The when is the your boxing exhibitions February? Okay, once the fIF was that over with? Yeah, we're gonna put some once it's over.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact. You I can show matter of fact when y'all edit were talking about edit. The people can find the pictures where I was about two o five and the online I was huge.
Speaker 1: That was about two o five is huge. You've never been to twenty five. You can't be too twenty five, couldn't.
Speaker 3: There's footage on Twitter and Instagram on me beating Benching three fifteen. No, sir, this is when I was big. I tell you, I'm serious. It might have been twenty eighteen. I was I looked like a I looked like a fucking tight end.
Speaker 1: I was huge. You did, you didn't see somebody gonna pull it, somebody gonna edit, somebody gonna pull it. I was huge? Any more? Ques, what you want to talk about? You? We got like five more minutes to go.
Speaker 3: Uh, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. I'm feeling good today too. I've been I'm I've been talking. I've been talking like crazy.
Speaker 1: You got really, I mean you there, you got really? Oh. Pro Football Focus and Ellen Lazar drop percentage on on target passes at twenty percent. The next worse is Van Jefferson at eighteen percent.
Speaker 2: Was Van Jefferson ever a healthy scratch?
Speaker 1: No? Oh yeah, remember they went out and got Odell with Van Jefferson there Pookah Nicoua is playing in front of him. Yeah, sorry, yeah, he's been a healthy scratch. Ojoe, Oh Joe, look you see you. What you're doing is that you're shooting a harbinger, which is the messenger, which is me.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, But your message is wrong.
Speaker 3: Why isn't the right You got the right message, but the wrong messages Because what you're saying is not the reason why he was a healthy scratch.
Speaker 2: Why did you a healthy scratch because oh he dropped ball?
Speaker 1: They don't even make no goddamn why you beat up the mail man for delivering the bills? You the one that got them? People? Is no, no, no, no, because all I didn't do my job.
Speaker 3: You are because you're saying he's a healthy scratch for the wrong reason.
Speaker 1: That's not the reason. I'm just telling you what was reported.
Speaker 3: But so you believe everything you read? Do you believe everything you read? Do you believe everything you read?
Speaker 1: Why so, why wasn't he Why wasn't he in uniform? And he's that's why.
Speaker 3: That's the first thing I said. That probably something internal that we don't know about. And goddamn whoever reported it just motherfucking guessing, Oh this is the reason, when that ain't even the goddamn reason, and we running with it when I know that's probably not it.
Speaker 2: I guarantee that because I your scratch.
Speaker 1: You know what he dropping to any balls, Let's visit the internal issue that he hadn't played. Well, that's not it, that's not it. Oh, hold on. Robert Solo, when asked why Alan was a healthy scratch. He know his play is not up to standard, Robert Sala Joe Cina Anderson just reported Robert Saler on why Alan Lazar was a healthy scratch. He knows his play is not his standard. Well, if that's the goddamn case, whoa, whoa, whoa. If he's no, no, no case, Robert Sala, let me finish, let me finish, I'm gonna let you go.
Speaker 3: If Robert Salah said Allan Lazar's play is not up the standing, so he was a healthy scratch, they should have.
Speaker 1: Forfeited the whole fucking game because the whole offense ain't been up the standard since the season started. They she just forfeited the game because ain't.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody offensively done done ship, so say she's the first goddamn game man of Dolphins. I'm just I'm just saying, if that's the excuse you want to leave with, If that's excuse Robert Sala want to get a motherfucking media, that's some bullshit, bitch there, goddamn body, I'm taking a bad Oh my god, I'm just saying, if that's what you want to say, If that's what he want to say, his plate isn't up the saying this?
Speaker 2: What neither is the other?
Speaker 3: Motherfucking ten on the goddamn field, everybody, Why escape?
Speaker 1: I think you on first of all, I think you apology. You are an apology. I love you, I love you, but I'm just I'm speaking my feelings. I'm speaking my feelings on that bullshit excuse.
Speaker 3: Don't coach, just use Allan as artist a goddamn scape go because she ain't going well.
Speaker 1: You know what I gotta I.
Speaker 3: Gotta find a way to get the heat off of I gotta find a way to put the heat on somebody.
Speaker 2: Oh you know who we're gonna pick on. We're gonna pick on. Motherfucker Oh me.
Speaker 1: You made me come out here and give Jalen Hurts and give dak Press got an apology. I want my apology when I tried to check you apologize because you called me a lot. You say, you big ball head black lie, the out watered apology. And I know the people in the chat people, let's get a faith, do y'all do y'all want Chad to give me an apology? I think that people, the people in the chat, they better be on my side and see and see you bullshit. They did that.
Speaker 3: They do it over there in New York. Oh that's bullchive. Oh his play hasn't been a standard?
Speaker 1: Well, who motherfucker play has all over there has in week ten? Has been up the standard? Ojo, What you just told me? When I say you gotta have a belief, you say it's your job to do your job. Why are you worried about what somebody else is doing other than Alan Lazar. Let's talk about him. I'm just going by what you said.
Speaker 3: You bas well, based on what the coach said. The coach said Alan Lazar play wasn't up the part. That's why it was healthy scratch. And then my next bit was, well, who the fuck play has.
Speaker 2: Been up the park?
Speaker 1: I'm talking about him.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is a team game. It's a team game, ain't it. It's a team game?
Speaker 1: About it. I'm just waiting on my apology.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry, thank you, that's all.
Speaker 1: You have to do.
Speaker 2: But still, boy, hey, look, boy boy Roberts.
Speaker 1: I think he's slick. Boy.
Speaker 3: No, don't try, don't try. Don't try to put that on my dog. Don't try to put it on my dog. Oh his play, well, goddamn who plays another part. Yes, and like you, you, you're supposed to have apologized that he did. And I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: I don't try. I believe.
Speaker 2: I try to tell you, I see the little game. I see the games they playing over there in New York.
Speaker 1: I see that.
Speaker 3: I read through all the little bullshit. I see what they're trying to do. I see what they're trying to do. If I tell you, I see what they're trying to do.
Speaker 1: If I tell you duck smoked cigarettes, check his wing, he got to pack up under there.
Speaker 3: So when I tell you, some believe it, I know you are you? How do you not see what they're trying to do? How do you not see what they trying to see what you're trying to do? How do you not see what they're trying to see? What we got to find? Escapegoat?
Speaker 1: You know what, let's play. Let's let's put it on uncle Apology seventy.
Speaker 3: Let's hey, let's put it on Alan Lazar, you know, get some of the heat off the head coach and get somebody hit off Zach Wilson to get something.
Speaker 1: Guess guess what.
Speaker 3: Listen, stay with me now, guess what's gonna be the headline, oh Ala Lazaar bench because of he was a healthy scratch.
Speaker 1: That's all they gonna talk about. Watch Gary, That's all they gonna talk about talking about I was paul that somebody would say that about Allan.
Speaker 2: Hey, they think they.
Speaker 1: Slick over there in New York trying to put that now. They think they said Desmond Desmond buying them, donated ten dollars in Savannah in the house. Appreciate that dead Dad's wall bying them. Which state produces the best NFL players? Georgia of Florida, Florida, Florida closed. I get it's close. It's close.
Speaker 2: Close.
Speaker 1: Y'all got Florida, Florida. Okay, okay, because you talking about this clothes. I mean, if y'all get this talent, come out of there and now no disrespect. We y'all got some dog now. But Florida, boy, it's something in the water. But it is that. It's something in the water at Georgia dow wht them bulldogs kicking? What y'all Florida schools doing that? Huh? What to Florida school doing the Georgia bulldoll That wasn't a question. The question was asked, Okay, yeah, in Georgia. I've been on top Florida. But but you know, hey, look, I mean you know Georgia, Florida, Texas, California, they're probably Ohio something like that. Yeah, but we're in the top five for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most definitely messed up, y'all. Top five?
Speaker 1: Did we did you? You didne mentioned Texas? Did you texta? Texas got Georgia, Florida, Texas, Cali, Ohio, Louisiana is up there to the boot. The boot got them to now. Yeah, but at the southern state where it's warm down there year round, we get out there barefoot and no shirt, we running around on them on the dirt road or that black assphalt we get, we get, we get used to that, We get used to that. OYO seventy five percent.
Speaker 2: So you owe me an apology, But god damn and apologize already, not did y'all?
Speaker 1: Did y'all like O your apology? Do y'all? Ain't. I ain't got nothing to do with that.
Speaker 3: Man, Apologize an apology is right.
Speaker 1: So I just want you to know the best apology is changed behavior. So don't you question uk what whatever we got, whatever we got, We have another question to dash, Oh shit, hey that one funny? Yeah, New York media. I know y'all gonna see this. Y'all ain't slick. I ain't gonna let you pull the wool over my eyes. You can pull over everybody else. Since most most top fifty NFL draft picks by home state since twenty nineteen, Texas is number one thirty five right. Florida is number two at twenty nine, Georgia is number three at twenty six, California is number four at nineteen, and Louisiana is number five at fourteen.
Speaker 2: I love how we capped it off at twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm saying, we know we When you want to go back to your nineteen.
Speaker 2: Fifty, now I go to two thousand, two thousands than nine.
Speaker 1: Love, man, man, ain't nobody got all the man? We have to go back there. You see what it is. It's only three and so it's close. You tried to make it seem like y'all have fifty. We got ten. It's close. I told you, I said it's close.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, but.
Speaker 1: I'm not surprised by Texas, given how big Texas.
Speaker 2: Is said is huge, right? Good high school football, good.
Speaker 1: Texas probably got more people than Georgia and Florida combined. So I'm not surprised, right, But I'm surprised that California. Because California got forty million people, it got more people than any by in the state. So I'm surprised that they don't have more, aren't you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, it's definitely when I think about California. For some reason, all the linemen in the quarterbacks come from California, they do. All the linemen in the quarterback come from California. We have your position here and there, yeah, but more so from the South. All the scale position players come from And every blue every blue moon, you know, you sprinkle a nice legit one, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Cause you get CJ. He's from California. You get a bright young he's from California. Yeah. Yeah, somebody's funny.
Speaker 2: It's always been like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And uh, well what do you call him? He's not I think, uh, Caleb Williams. I think he's from d C Okay DMV area. I think he's from Yeah, I think so, he's not from Calumn. He just went to he went to well, he went to Oklahoma first and then transferred with the coach out there, guys, thank you for tuning in for our special episode of Nightcap. You know with Daycap, make sure you click that subscribe button. Make sure you have that light button. Make sure you got to get us the three fifty by Monday? Where were you get three thirty five? Let's go we we we we're nine, We're eight. We're eight subs away from three hundred and thirty five thousand, Joe, eight subs away. We're gonna be and we got we got a Sunday Monday. We got two shows, so we got Saturday. So we got to average about fifteenth. We got to average about fifteenth, about five thousand a day in order to uh, in order to get that number. It's gonna be very very special because you know, our end goal is obviously to get a million subs. We gotta get a million. That's how go. Yeah, and then you know two more questions.
Speaker 2: In fact, did you hear from the dollar yet?
Speaker 1: But what what do you mean by what? I don't talk? Uh? What you call him? Say? Hey, McLendon donated ten dollars. I want to give you ot your munch bank for putting in work. My question for both of you is with dv's. Okay, what DB's gave y'all fits and your day player? What a guy I think that made me? They come to Blair. I am is Alba Lewis long, six to two. He was six to two, could play inside, could play outside, came from gramblin State. Feathery becausetantly gave me a different look I made. He made, He made me. He forced me to become what I became because I knew if I could beat him, I could beat anybody. And so he had the most impact. That says, okay, in order for you to beat what you think you can be, you have to consistently beat him. And I knew I was legit when he was in Kansas City and the Raiders signed. If he was the number one, he was the number one free agent. Because I was cooking the Raiders, I couldn't have had nothing. Nobody could do anything with me. T Matt Andie Anderson, none of them of Washington, none of them. They couldn't see me. I cooked them all. So they went and got average. He slowed me down, but he ain't stopped me. He slowed me down, but he didn't stopping, which Michael asked better safety Steve had Watera, Troy Polamolo, Ronnie Lott all different, different because you do realize Ronnie came in as a corner. Ronnie was an All Pro at corner. Yeah, so people don't realize that he moved the safety he was. They were, they were, they were different. At Water was a.
Speaker 2: True strong safety on safety like Brian Dawkins, like b Dog.
Speaker 1: And although Troy they did. Troy was so.
Speaker 2: Skilled he lined up everywhere everywhere.
Speaker 1: He'd be at the line of scrimmage and he's supposed to be in the hole or he's supposed to be in the two day bro Why I mean he I was. My last year was his rookie year because he had ED if I'm not mistaken, came out the same year, No Ed ED. No Ed came out my last year. Troy came out with Detroit. Did they both come out in three? I think I played against Ed one year. I think I played against Troy one year. Two It might have been. Did one come out know to it? One other came out? No? Three? Both came out No three? Both came out No. Three. Troy came out No. Three. A it came out and what O two? I think A it came out No. Two because Ed, I didn't play with Ed. I left. I left Baltimore after the one season, right and I think, I think, so where year the air come out? Oh two? A came out No. Two. But for me, the best safety that I ever broke down, that I ever played against, that I ever saw with Ed Reed for.
Speaker 3: Me, for me was Ed and Ed and Troy, ED and Troy unbelievable. And the fact of the matter was they did things I call the exotic coverages. They did things that were very confusing that no other team could do because of the way the defense was constructed. There was no weakness.
Speaker 1: There was no weakness in the secondary, there was no weakness at the front line, and they did some of the craziest stuff.
Speaker 2: Just like you mentioned, Troy, we don't know what the damn.
Speaker 3: Coverage is because everybody the goddamn line of scrimmage, everybody as soon as the ball snapped, everybody running to where they supposed to be, and you gotta hold the.
Speaker 2: Ball because you don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: And previously, somebody asked a question about what dB gave the most fits, and for me, it really wasn't.
Speaker 1: A dB in itself outside of what outside of what Revers did. But early in my career, the good, the good battles where I had to I had to. I had to, you know, time of Shoes tight I, Taylor, Lee Boden, who else? Man? Who else?
Speaker 3: Is no Chris mccallison like you got you gotta be on you gotta be you gotta be on your game. I had to be on a game every time. I mean, though, those those are something that I can remember. Those battles were really really good. They were really really good with them. It was it was back and forth, back and forth.
Speaker 1: And boy, the thing for me is that when we played physical corners, was not getting into a physical battle with them because time right. But for me, I wasn't gonna lose it. But then I get I I forget trying to go out supposed to be trying to catch a past instead of just be deal about the dB And a lot of times, like we played James Hasty and Hasta, I know you're gonna see this him, bro, I just be like I mean, sometimes I would just go out there and like, hey, I don't even want to catch your pasts. I just want to go out there and fight it. I just want to go out there and try to run slap over the top of it. I want to throw don't throw me, No, don't even throw the ball by. We don't even look right because I ain't even looking to get over. I'm just looking to run right over. I'm just gonna run and when he don't move, I'm gonna put my helmet right up on his chin, right oh, James DC. Even though we homeboys, Yeah, it was just something about like, Okay, I know he was gonna be dirty with me, and I wasn't gonna be dirty with him. But Bro, Kansas City is just like bro you in Kansas City, So I know we homeboy. I'm gonna throw that is shot the window for the day. For the day. I ain't gonna cut you, I ain't gonna cheap shot you. But you know you're gonna get this work though. Oh yeah, And if I get a chance to crack back, I'm gonna try to declete you. Get him out of it. I gotta get oh Joe, I gotta get it. But they were so different. Troy probably was the most athletic. Yeah, Ronnie probably had the most impact.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: But See, the thing is is that when they played back then, Ronnie would have been suspended. Man, you can't hear people like Ronnie was hitting people like Ed was.
Speaker 2: Out of the league suspended.
Speaker 1: You see Kareem Jackson, You see how Kareem Jackson is about to miss six games? That the way Ronnie? Yes, Oh you want to let's talk about O Joe. They suspended him for hitting Joshua Dobbs. It was a thirty one and they ran a quarterback power. Kareem Jackson comes and here seing me this chance with his help. Oh Joe, you're not afforded the same protection as a runner, as a receiver, as a quarterback in the pocket. He is a runner. It's thirty one. You no longer get those protections. So what do you do? What do you do? On thirty one? I'm not gonna let you fall forward? And he's like, I'm not. If I hit him in his legs, he gonna fall for the first down. He said, I'm gona hit him in his mouth.
Speaker 2: So as a defender, what do you do?
Speaker 3: Because they've handicapped, they've handicapped and came the game uh to a point where it makes no sense for you just can't you can't do.
Speaker 1: Anything you can't. And my pushback is as a runner, you're not affording the protection as a receiver in the air or a quarterback that's in the pocket. You don't. You are a runner. So what am I? So? How am I supposed especially? Oh yo, we come in this way, it's thirty one. If I tackle you at the legs, what you're gonna do? You're gonna fall for the first door for the first down. I'm trying to hit you up top to keep you. That's why, like guys tackling the guy around the round the legs on the one yard line, he's gonna fall it the zone for.
Speaker 2: A touchdown exactly.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna try to keep him getting that first down. I will hit you in your mouth. And you're a runner, yeah, Dug. Next the advice I got for a quarterback. When you see a safety like Kareem Jackson come barreling down, Doug, Yeah, you don't want to get hit slide. I don't know how to tell you. Makes no sense, not in that situation. Not in that situation. No, he's a runner. He's not afforded protections of a defensives receiver. He's not affording the protection of a quarterback that's in the pocket. He's running the football. He's a running back. You would have never The question is, would you have a call that play if it was a running back. No, because that's what Joshua Dobbs is. The moment that he he has is like a power quarterback power and he tucks that ball in his arm. He's a runner. He's a runner.
Speaker 2: He's a runner.
Speaker 1: And me too. And I'm trying to run through his ass, Paul, But I've tried to hit it. That's what I he coming. I'm trying to hit him Dan in his mouth. You're not gonna get this first down. It's gonna be fourth down. Y'all gonna go for it on fourth. But I'm gonna hit you. I'm gonna hit you, Daniel Chest as hard as I can, get fined, get suspended to Ojo, because what you're telling me, if your quarterback, if you're a coach, don't care any more than to have you run it if he's not protecting you. Was should I? What did Tom Brady say? It's not the defensive players job to protect the offensive places of players? Yeah, so funny, that's what I think of you.
Speaker 2: What the NFL is doing.
Speaker 3: Is the NFL is now putting the defensive players in harm way because now you're gonna start trying to tackle in a way that you can tackle, a way that you haven't been able to play all your life, and start trying to do something you're not.
Speaker 2: Supposed to do, and you can hurt yourself.
Speaker 1: And you remember Oto when they started by the heads and guys started hitting guys in the knees and turning the A c L T the X c ls. You can't win.
Speaker 2: You can't win for losing. You can't you can't can't win for losing.
Speaker 1: Guys. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Thank you. Make sure you click that subscribe button, make sure you click that like button and leave your comments. We do read them, and we try to get to as many as we possibly can. And so once we get through the football aspect of it, because we do do we a football we're a sports show, and once we get through those, we try to answer as many questions on as many topics. Nothing is off limits. I mean it might be off limits. Aaron Muhammad said, Oh, you had been an outstanding attorney here it is I sure would have. Thank you for thank you for watching, watching, listening to however you can sue Nightcap. This is a very special episode of Nightcap. It was really Daycap, but thank you for tuning in. We'll see you Sunday after the Sunday night football game. I'm your favorite sports unk, shunning Sharp. He's your favorite number eighty five. AB is a better route runner. I love y'all. I love y'all.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you. Make sure you tell your family, subscribe, subscribe. You know who the better route run is.
Speaker 1: AB.
Speaker 2: I know you're gonna see this baby. I love your baby.
Speaker 1: Talk to me. Yeah, I think ABD got you. A be the baddest thing out of Liberty City.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm the greatest right run of all time.
Speaker 1: A be the baddest thing out of Liberty City.
Speaker 3: He is, okay, but I'm still the greatest right run of all times.
Speaker 1: That's like being the biggest little person in the circus. What you do with you and the sir, greatest I'm the greatest right run of all time. I'm going I'm going to AB. I'm going to AB. We had three, we had three thirty five, we had three thirty five. We're fifteen thousand away from that lucky number. We're gonna make some people very happy. Remember Shane by Laportier is penning at the top of the chat. Make sure you subscribe, make sure you like. Thank you. We'll see you Sunday. I love y'all. Hi baby,