Speaker 1: Two teas in a pod which Teddy Mellencamp and Cameridge Edge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of TWAE Flashback This I'm back, way back, taking it way back. The last time eleven two thy eleven, The last time you got you did the recap. I was sick and Camelle filled in for me, and then we also had her do an interview. So we're jumping right into episode thirteen.
Speaker 3: It's so weird to me and I look at, you know, twenty eleven. I don't think it was that long ago.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I'm like, twenty eleven, that's a long ago. Yeah, it is, what thirteen years ago?
Speaker 2: Thirteen years ago? And then you think about all of the things that have changed from whether it's fashions or right, and then some things that have not changed one little bit, but like the drama. Yeah, like the drama. So this episode is called Unforgivable.
Speaker 3: Oh God.
Speaker 2: B Taylor's birthday is celebrated with a huge party on a Beverly Hills Hotel rooftop. Kim and Kyle come to blows and Camille learns that Kelsey wants to enter their marriage. Camille felt uncomfortable going through the evening with Kelsey in New York, knowing he wanted out. She says that it's such a different scenario being married to a celebrity because it is not a private divorce. If you were Camille, would you have still gone to New York?
Speaker 3: No, I was going to say that to you.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's hard to say because she clearly didn't want the divorce, So maybe going just being close to him, thinking there's a possibility, like I can understand that. Yeah, I've definitely stalked a boyfriend in the past.
Speaker 2: We just love me just but I mean, I can't help but think when Kelsey goes I've won already that he was talking about the public perception of Camille when this divorce news hits, because like having her that air gave him so much more freedom on you know, some of the bad shit he did because she was so hated, and that he.
Speaker 3: Was very smart and how he played this out. Yeah, I mean had her get on the show. Then he talks about like not gonna lie thirteen years of marriage is not easy.
Speaker 2: But also you could tell and then now that I am not to ruin anything for you guys that are watching this for the first time. But then I watched the reunion right after this episode, and this is where Camille lets on that she knew before they started filming. So well, I think she was a sham.
Speaker 3: Well, I well, I don't know, like when you have a you're married to a polic person, there's there's only so much you really want to reveal. And then when he dumps her in.
Speaker 2: The middle of filming, but hadn't he already dumped her during filming? My guess is, oh, you think so, well, yeah, that's what she said at.
Speaker 3: The reunion she said she did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she kind of said like I already knew, you know, when we started filming. So my guess is in some way production Slash, you know, the network or whomever wanted to show Kelsey one last time and that's why this New York thing, and it probably Kelsey agreed to do whatever it was three three, you know, whatever it may have been. So that's why came on the show, and that's why that ended up happening.
Speaker 3: Because do you think that's why she was kissing Nick and acting off flirty. Is tried to like stick it to Kelsey.
Speaker 2: I would have that, but I mean, I hate to skip down to the reunion again. But well, let's get more into that once we talk about the room, because that comes up a lot the kissing, I know. Well, then the next part is when Kyle meets with her psychic Rebecca. I know Rebecca because I feel like maybe it was my first I don't remember what season it was, it must have been my first season because it was at Kyle's old house. Rebecca came and she was the one that called Erica. She was like, in your past life, you were an Egyptian prince or something like that. So this is Rebecca. Kyle meets with her and says her mom's ashes and a lock of her hair. Rebecca tells Kyle that her mom is here and she knows about her conflict with a friend that's a girl, and then that's when they start talking about Kim. Do we think Kyle was intentional in filming with the psychic after what happened with Alison Dubois, I yes, I would, but I know that Kyle actually like, she actually talks to Rebecca. So then it was just a quinkie inc I mean, I'm not saying it's a quinkie dic, but I'm saying I do know that.
Speaker 3: She always like, I'll show you my psychic's better than your psychic.
Speaker 2: My psychic is better than yours in my life. But I mean, here's the thing. I'm no psychic, but I'm thinking any psychic a housewife brings on the show may be influenced by a little bit more than the spirits.
Speaker 3: Like the blogs, like anything.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess back then there wasn't you couldn't google everything, and there was like bloggers leaking stuff. So who really knows, but I feel like you could kind of look at any human being and be like you're having a conflict with someone.
Speaker 3: Exactly right, Like most people are gonna don't worry about those finances.
Speaker 2: After looking at my Amazon, I know, I had like crazy dreams last night that involved Amazon, and I think it was because.
Speaker 3: Did you take some lights out last night?
Speaker 2: I didn't take any lights out, but I almost to get through these episodes, needed to take a cloud nine today because I was like.
Speaker 3: This is, Yeah, it's a lot different than the show's a lot different back then than it is now.
Speaker 2: For sure, the pacing's different, all of it's different, but I mean I do appreciate it. Lisa then asked Taylor to be one hundred percent honest and asked what she said to Camille and the penthouse. Taylor told her that Kim wanted to talk about Camille and her self esteem in regards to being married to a celebrity. Then Kim said it was Taylor who called her insecure.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was Taylor's intention to stir shit up at all. I really don't, and she like even in the at the reunion bring that up again. She gets blamed for a lot too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think, why do you think Lisa's so insistent that Taylor isn't being honest.
Speaker 3: Because Lisa likes to look like the good guy at all times.
Speaker 2: Right, But I feel like Lisa and Taylor hate each other so much or just sorry, hate is a strong word. They did like each other so much during this that it's actually fun to watch, Like you can just see both of them like cringing at the other one.
Speaker 3: Did they really not like each other back then? I don't even know if they like, I was a child, you're a fetus.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I was in my mother's womb.
Speaker 3: Oh god.
Speaker 2: But then Camille tells Dedie that Kelsey was so cold to her on the red carpet. Kelsey was so annoyed. Even Kelsey was furious at Camille's dress. That's how over it he was, like even her, Well, he had a girlfriend, which I wonder how they met, Like did they meet when I said that, like Kelsey leaves for a flight attendant. Did they meet on a plane or did they meet out? Like I want to know this information, but I was too booked up to actually research it.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, you know Jen on our show, she met her husband she was a flight attendant. Oh she met him, Like she met him, Yeah, like helping him or whatever, you know, working on the plane.
Speaker 2: That's probat to meet someone though, Like I have a friend who her husband broke up with her for his flight attendant. But he had a private plane, so that's.
Speaker 3: A little bit different.
Speaker 2: It was different because it's a consistent person. Every time this person tracks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they have more one on one time with you than the entire plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I mean, even if we think of Kelsey was probably sitting first class. I mean, at the most this is to go to New York, So this is five hours of flirtation and then like who gave who the other person's number?
Speaker 3: Yeah, were you surprised that? I mean, do you believe? It's more like it that Camille had no idea that Kelsey was cheating.
Speaker 2: No, I think she knew the whole time she was filming, which is why she was so erratic, because I think.
Speaker 3: You can feel it, Like I think, I don't think I'm I got cheated on with my first husband, but it doesn't even count because I didn't care. It was like I was over it, he was over it. So I never have had that feeling like do you know do you not know?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: I think there's a big difference between like somebody needing to leave for like two weeks for work versus a year, yeah, versus a year getting an apartment one that, like your family isn't moving into with you. I think those are pretty big red flags. I think when she says she got to their apartment building New York and the doorman asked who she was, she told them she was missus Grammar. They looked confused and said.
Speaker 1: No, you're not.
Speaker 2: I was like the drama and then I was like, which, like that doorman is getting fired, like theirs their job is done, Like I.
Speaker 3: Mean, it was pretty sad though to go I mean, has she never been to her husband's apartment before? What made we saw the Red Flag?
Speaker 2: Well, didn't we see her film at the beginning of the season there like her talking about like how she didn't know how she could live in this place with her kids thirty five square feet, Yeah, because she's used to like, I don't know, seventy square feet or whatever it is, and her eighty two nannies and whatnot. But I don't know. I I do believe what is your thought process? When she says Camille says, whoever this is, I do in my heart believe it's a woman. Does she not know that she's just drawing a family?
Speaker 3: Well? She had questions too there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like do you yeah you got it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, Well, obviously he's a public person. Everybody knows he's married. Ill I have to just google him. Do affairs happen all the time? Absolutely? If you want to blame somebody, blame your husband.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel too.
Speaker 3: Blame the husband. You don't have to blame the girl. The girl's just seeing dollar signs. I'm sure, I mean it could be true love. I'm sure it is what is she fifty years younger than him? Well, I mean they're still together so much in common.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think they're still together. But what would you do if you found another woman was using your name and your apartment.
Speaker 3: Killer.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm a feisty mood today. I mean, obviously it falls back on her husband, the guy that she married, the one she took vows with, the one that you know it's not supposed to be lying to her, So I understand taking it out on the other woman, but it's really the husband.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And if you like, if you wanted to save your marriage, you would have put in a good fight for your wife and your kids to come to New York with you if you were going to be gone. I think he just wanted out of sight, out of mind. I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I suspect that they've been having problems for years, for years.
Speaker 2: Well, then Camille says that Kelsey has held her down, keeping her in a cage and preventing her from experiencing life, but she still loves him. Camille ultimately decided to file for the divorce.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it just from what we're seeing on the show, doesn't look like he was holding her down because he's like, piace od, I'm gonna go do a show. I'll be back in a year. But who knows what happened prior to that. Yeah, I mean she had quite a life prior to marrying him.
Speaker 2: Right, But I don't know. I don't know how much of a social person she was because I wasn't out here then, Like I don't like some women that are married to you know, super wealthy people are out on the town every single night. Do I know this about Camille?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Do I even think that's her personality type?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, but that may have been because that was Kelsey's wishes, you know. But she kind of has always seemed like in a big group setting, regardless of what we're watching about Camille, Camille has always had like a nervous energy when entering a room, like she's not, you know, super over the top, you know the way then No.
Speaker 3: No, In fact, a lot of times she filmed with her friends and not with the cast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then we get to Taylor pulls Kim to address their altercation about Camille and Kyle's drama. Kim says that Taylor was the one who stirred up the commotion. Kim tells Taylor that Kyle is being fake because she knows who she really is. Kyle, Lisa, and Adrian intervene. Kim says she doesn't enjoy any of their company.
Speaker 3: A nice thing to say. I don't like any of you, you know what.
Speaker 2: I don't like any of you.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Kim tells Kyle to watch her step. Kyle tells her to get her finger out of her face. Kim points to Taylor and Lisa, saying they're the ones who stir up all the shit. Kyle tells Kim that she had the opportunity to have her back at New York and she missed it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think that Kim was clearly not in the right frame of mind. But however, was she coming for the rest of them as well?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Is she? I know? She says she her issues with Kyle, but it seems like she hates everybody.
Speaker 2: It seems like she doesn't want to be there. I mean, we all have seen the Amsterdam Dinner, but Kim and her finger have always been powerful apparently. But I do think.
Speaker 3: I just don't think Kim wants to be a part of a cast. I've got a team player. Let's just put it that way.
Speaker 2: I think from just watching, when you look at everybody else's lifestyles and what's going on, my guess is Kim made this decision to go on season one because of financial need. Yeah, not probably, And I think when you're in that situation, you don't really want to be there, and you're also struggling with you know what. I had didn't seen. I haven't seen season two yet, so I don't know what happens from here. But at this point, there's allegations of drinking too much, drinking too much, and it gets really ugly.
Speaker 3: I think we got ugly as Mika got into the car to try to talk to Kim, and Kim, you didn't want any part of it.
Speaker 2: No, Well, first they show Betty and they're like, don't like that.
Speaker 3: Betty's been around for a long time because Betty Vicky used Betty. But I know that because it's not like a common name for an agent.
Speaker 2: And for the record, Betty's still around and she still gets shipped done.
Speaker 3: Like Betty, call out there and make sure that Kim does not take off in the car, I repeat, does not take off in the car, Like what?
Speaker 2: And then who did Betty call? That's what I was wondering, like the front desk.
Speaker 3: Like Betty called the valet.
Speaker 2: Betty's like, hold up. But they get in the car, they're they're screaming back and forth. Kim screams that well. First, Kim tells Kyle that she doesn't trust her and that she what she did tonight was unforgivable. Kim screams that Kyle stole her house. Kyle says that Kim is out of her mind at that end, that Mauricio has supported her.
Speaker 3: Do you have any backstory on what she's talking about about stealing the house?
Speaker 2: I think I don't know if this is public knowledge, so I feel I don't know how much is shared. All I can say for certain is Mauricio and Kyle supported Kim.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Kyle said that, and she made it very clear that money that was coming in each month ain't coming anymore. I'm gonna speculate that maybe a house was left to them when the mother passed away and Kim couldn't afford it or something, and Mauricio sold it.
Speaker 2: I think it's something similar to that, But my guess would be bought out her portion, so she could have money.
Speaker 3: There you go. That's what I speculate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my guess, but I could be slightly wrong on the details. But I think where what Kim is also alleging is like she did a lot of things. I mean, whether it's was the mom's house or maybe it was Kim's money from her childhood that paid for the house, I don't know, whatever situation.
Speaker 3: All I know is you stole my goddamn house. When that hit a nerve with Kyle.
Speaker 2: Because I think probably Kyle knew how much money they had given.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine Kathy Hilton was thinking watching this on National TV and how protective she is and hush hushed about her family. She must have been dying, because I was, I you know, obviously I watched it way back when, thirteen years ago, but now I'm like, shit, that's her actual sister and to have this conversation or argument on National TV about personal stuff, and she pushed Kyle to the to her limits and out at her as I don't know if she called her an alcoholic, but having a drinking problem.
Speaker 2: As much as Kat, it was probably hard for Kath need to watch if she did watch them struggling.
Speaker 3: I mean, Paris Hilton was already we forget, she already was pulling Shenanigans like.
Speaker 2: Well, Paris Hilt was already super famous by then. Like remember first episode, they're like that, you know, referring to Kim and Kyle as Paris is aunt.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So now was Kim known as someone with addiction problems in the public eye before joining the show?
Speaker 2: I don't know because I don't really remember. I don't that was.
Speaker 3: But also like or you were in college drinking.
Speaker 2: Like I went to college Camra.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's right. I was trying to make you sound smarter than you are.
Speaker 2: Well clearly I'm not, but I don't remember because even though like Edwin's first crush was Kim, I hadn't seen a bunch of Kim I know, and the eight not from then from like.
Speaker 3: A movie she did like he turned to which Mountain?
Speaker 2: No, it was another one, but he had me watch it once we started like dating before I ever even went on the show. Well anyways, then Kyle stands up and this is where it gets heated and says take it back, calling her liar, and that's when the A word comes out, And all I know is Martin is so bummed to be in this limo right now, He's like, well, now I'm glad Kim never called me back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now I'm glad I'm not dating her and she's a mess.
Speaker 2: Well how did Martin end up in that limo? Anyway? I don't know.
Speaker 3: But Adrian, she really rides the fence. She really really like she knows. I mean, I don't know. There's a fine line between sticking enabling somebody, sticking up for them, and not wanting to, you know, to keep She wanting to keep the peace, is what I'm trying to say. But she said things to Kyle that I'm like, wait, what show were you watching or filming? I should say, well, I don't feel like Kyle did. I don't think Kyle was poking at he or anything. Kyle was trying to keep her dirty little secrets.
Speaker 2: I think that Adrian, the only person she wanted to argue with ever was Paul.
Speaker 3: Well, she did a great job at it. She's like, did a career, she made a career out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I think just watching the whole thing unfold, it kind of makes sense what's happening the entire season, which then you know, we will get into and we get into our next episode and we.
Speaker 3: All have you know, our family shit for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would never think or even imagine that Kim, Kyle and Kathy have such a troublesome like relationship. But watching the seasons and seeing now and then watching Beverly Hills last year with Kathy, like it's really been a struggle, probably since their mother had passed away, I would imagine.
Speaker 2: I think, I mean from what we were always told, like those girls kind of grew up like they all drove when they were in the eighth grade, you know, like.
Speaker 3: They but they're all so successful now, yeah, And I think that's they are probably so successful because they had to worry.
Speaker 2: They had too hard from a really young age, and you know to their parents fled up when they were young, and I think it just was a lot for them, a lot for three girls to manage. And you know, I think they all loved their mom so much, and then once she passed, I think they all took on these different responsibilities and they put that to.
Speaker 3: Their mom probably held them all together. The way my family, like my grandparents were like we always had Christmas to get the whole families and aunts, the uncles and cousins. After that happened, It's like I'm seeing my cousins in twenty years.
Speaker 2: They're like, Hey, Hey, is that my cousin?
Speaker 3: Who's this person on Facebook and wants to talk to me? Oh? I remember you? And I was five when I look.
Speaker 2: Through my twenty three and me and I'm like, don't know, never seen it.
Speaker 3: Never.
Speaker 2: By the way, Also, Taylor, I'm sorry your birthday party. You didn't get to enjoy it for one second.
Speaker 3: How could she enjoy anything with Russell?
Speaker 2: I'm unenjoyable. But we get there little, even back then, we have the little what is it? The ending? They're not the epilogue? Is that what someone dies?
Speaker 3: No, that's a eulogy. I always call her eulogy. Here's your death. This is what we say.
Speaker 2: When you die. Okay, let's read them line by line in dramatic tone. End of the season.
Speaker 3: End of the season. Kyle and Kim went weeks without talking. Their kids are now trying to broker a truce between them.
Speaker 2: As Sedgriuc was moving out, he and Lisa had an explosive the argument they haven't spoken since Snowball.
Speaker 3: Taylor's dog is happy with a new home, but Taylor continues to struggle in her current one.
Speaker 2: Adrianne and Paul are still the Bickersons. Adrienne insists she's not responsible for Paul's multiple broken noses.
Speaker 3: Kim's family checked her into rehab. A week later, she checked herself out. She has taken her life one day at a time.
Speaker 2: Emille. She's living in Malibu, fighting for custody of her children. Kelsey is in New York engaged to a twenty nine year old flight attendant.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a big view.
Speaker 2: That is a big big you. Ah well, guys, if you are on the edge of your seats waiting to hear about the reunion episodes, make sure that you tune into our next twads flashback where we will be getting in to part one and part two, The sit Down