Speaker 1: Welcome to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM paranormal podcast network. Now get ready for us Strange Things with Joshua P.
Speaker 2: Warre.
Speaker 3: Welcome to our podcast. Please be aware the thoughts and opinions expressed by the host are their thoughts and opinions only and do not reflect those of iHeartMedia, iHeartRadio, Coast to Coast AM, employees of premier networks, or their sponsors and associates. We would like to encourage you to do your own research and discover the subject matter for yourself.
Speaker 2: Ready will be amazed by the wizard of weird.
Speaker 4: This is Strange Things with Joshua Warren.
Speaker 5: I am Joshua B. Warren, and each week on this show, I'll be bringing you brand new mind blowing content, news, exercises, and weird experiments that you can do at home, and a lot more. On this edition of the show, The Mystery of Comedy with stand up comedian Stephen Randolph. I have known Stephen Randolph and his wife, Chelsea Skidmore for about four years. They are both professional stand up comedians in Los Angeles, California, and they are both fantastic. They are also into the paranormal even though Chelsea gets freaked out by it a lot more than Stephen does. Stephen has actually been here to Las Vegas and gone out UFO hunting with me at night, and one of his most popular characters is a parody of self help gurus named Martin Martin's. We'll talk about that. But I find there's a strange overlap between comedy and an interest in the paranormal and metaphysical. You'll see what I mean. So, I've been wanting to have Stephen Randolph on this show for a long time to delve into this mystery. Why do we even find things funny? And why do we laugh? And is there something mystical about it? You just never know where we're going to go on this program, do you. So his website is Stephenorandolph dot com and that's st E V E N R A N d O L P H Randolph dot com. And later I will tell you how to find him in various places online because he is especially active on TikTok and Instagram. So anyway, without further ado, here we go. Steven Randolph, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much for having me. Joshua happy to be here.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I have wanted to have you on this program for a long time. And but for people who may not even know anything about your story, You've lived in California your whole life, right, born.
Speaker 6: And raised in Los Angeles, California. In fact, I'm I'm I'm sitting here looking at the Griffith Observatory as we speak. Really yeah over a lost feelis I have.
Speaker 5: A feeling we're going to be talking about UFOs at some point in this interview. But uh, okay, so yes, but okay, so let's start with the basics. How did you become a stand up comedian?
Speaker 6: You know, I always wanted to do it. It's something that I kind of had my eye on, and so I started watching some stand up live and it wasn't until I got sober in two thousand and eight. You know, I was twenty eight, kind of newly sober, going, Okay, what am I gonna do with my time now that I'm out partying so much? What do I really want to do? And I was like, I really really want to do stand up comedy. I'd done it a few times, you know, just kind of half cock and you know, won too many in there. So I don't even really count that. And I was like, where do Where do I start? And my friend had started working at a comedy club called the Haha in North Hollywood, California, and he said he started doing stand up as well, and he said, uh, just come over, man. I said, I'm really nervous. I kind of had this. It was newly sober. I had all these nerves and these these emotions that I wasn't used to just being on the planet fully aware, and I was so scared to do it. And he goes, come over to the open mic and watch your confidence sore. Everybody sucks here, don't worry. And I went over and I went to the open mic and nobody was exceptional. That wasn't the thing. It was the entry point to stand up comedy. So I went over. I watched a bunch of people bomb and try new things and mostly for the most part, not be funny. And I was like, Okay, at least I feel comfortable doing this. So I went the next week and signed up and signed up at the Haja Cafe open mic, and that's where it all began. I started doing open mics and the rest is history. I never stopped in fourteen years.
Speaker 5: Tell us about Martin Martin's.
Speaker 6: Martin Martin's is my alter ego. I think I do a lot of characters on.
Speaker 7: Stage, and I do a lot of you know, yeah characters on stage, But I think the only you know character that I truly do is Steven Randolph, a character I built in high school to not get picked on.
Speaker 6: I really think the authentic me, like when I'm out there, you know, complaining about my wife or just doing doing my sets and stuff. It's it's real. It's it's in my gut. But like a lot of times, I'm really getting along with my wife, or I'm not that mad about traffic or whatever I'm talking about. But I'm, for some reason able to truly be myself in my other characters, especially this character named Martin Martin's. He's a wanna be Tony Robbins. He is a want to be motivational speaker and life coach, and he lives in a broken down Winnebago and he's losing everything he has, but he's he's hell bent on helping you have a breakthrough rather you know, whether you want to or not. And so I started doing that at the comedy Store where I was performing all the time. I saw Tony Robbins special. It was I Am Not Your Guru on Netflix. It was great and I cried during it. I was like another comic in the green room goes, you should go home and watch Tony Robbin's special. And there was a guy that was kind of a tough guy, and I never thought, I go, really, and he goes. I cried, I dare you not to cry? And I go, now I have to go see this. I got emotional. I started tearing up halfway through, and I thought, you know what, I wonder if I told my friend, I wonder if I bought a remote headset and put on a turtleneck and started healing crowds and having breakthroughs instead of telling jokes, would that be funny? And my buddy goes, I think that would be hilarious. I go, I don't even know where to go. He goes, go to Guitar Center on Sunset and see if they have the thing. And so I walked in and said, hey, do you guys have any the Tony Robbins kind of styled headpiece. They go, we have the exact one. He uses it's five hundred bucks. So I bought it on a credit card I borrowed my wife's. Well I still use it. It's a woman's turtleneck with bell sleeves on it. It doesn't fit me. My gut hangs out. I look insane. And I put on a headset remote, a headset microphone, and I went to go check in at the comedy store and the sound guy goes, oh, man, you know what you could do with this. This is remote up to three hundred feet from the stage. Why don't you start your set walking off on the sidewalk, So they cut the lights. He hit a big spotlight and said he's coming from Clearwater, Florida, Martin Martin's. My friend made up the name. In the hallway. He goes, your name should be Martin Martin's and I go, that's perfect. And I started my set like from down the hallway and walk in and everybody just started applauding like crazy, and I started healing people. I said, you know what, your wife's going to come back. Your dog loves you. I just started painting out the winds, the people. I'm hugging them and staring at them awkwardly, and everybody just started loving it. And I haven't stopped, and I'm actually about to pitch a TV show on it right now, so really excited about that character.
Speaker 5: You know, honestly, you are one of my favorite stand up comedians and I love all of your stuff. It's all hilarious. But let me tell you that Martin Martin's is such a brilliant satire, such brilliant parody. I mean, like, you just nail it. And the only way that you can do that is by understanding the real content, because that's how you can make fun of something. You have to first understand what you're making fun of, right.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, And that's so funny to hear that is you also have to secretly love it. So a lot of these guys who are lampooning maybe political figures who they're not aligned with, you know, politically. I'm like, well, there's some part of you that likes them or thinks they're interesting or funny. You know. People always say, hey, do an impression of me, and in my mind, I'm thinking, You're not that interesting. So at the very least, you got to have some kind of interest in the character that you're spoofing, and I definitely have a huge interest in Tony Robbins. I believe in what he's doing. I love self help, I love healing people. It's a little goofy how he does it. It's a little theatrical, and that's kind of what I magnify. So I just go out there and sometimes I'll have the sound guy put a spotlight on somebody in the audience, like Tony does, and Tony will just stare at them for forty five seconds, and it's so dramatic and it's so crazy that I'll just stare at somebody for two minutes, and after the first minute, no one's laughing, and after a minute and a half, everybody in the audience is breaking down hysterically laughing for I don't even know why. I don't know the science behind it.
Speaker 5: You know, we think of the example of laughing at a guy who slips on a banana pill. Does that mean that with comedy, somehow, some ways, somebody has to pay for it, so to speak, that that you have to make fun of somebody, even if it's yourself. Is that is that necessary?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, maybe, yeah, that's that is a deep question. I didn't expect to go this deep here. You know, you're rocking me on something that I consider myself pretty pretty versed in does somebody have to get hurt? I don't know, okay no, but that's something that I thought when I first started it out in comedy, I was really mean, either to myself or to people in the audience or to you know, I did a lot of prank stuff, and somebody always paid the price or was shocked or was uncomfortable. And something that I've had to do recently, like I used to do crowd work and if someone would heckle me. I never had a problem with that because I came from a really mouthy Italian family, so I would always have stuff to say back, and sometimes I would go too hard, or sometimes I could tell the person that I was doing you know crowd work. With CrowdWork is when an a comedian breaks the fourth wall and starts talking to the crowd in the live performance. But I would go, oh, man, that person really didn't want to be involved in this conversation. Maybe they got bullied into sitting in the front row. So now what I do is I look for people's eyes who want to play. I could just see it, I could smell it on them, like, oh, this person wants to have some fun on stage or you know, in a conversation, and especially with the Martin Martin's character, when I mean, as Martin Martin's the motivational speaker, when I say, hey, you need to lose weightiter, hey that girl's too hot for you, or blah blah blah. See you're real sick out because you've just laughed. But about nine out of ten, So a room of three hundred, there'll only be four four psychos laughing really hard, and everybody else is going to, oh, man, this guy's a jerk. So what I've learned with Martin Martins is my friend says, you just want to pay out the wind. So I'm just complimenting people in the most creepy, weird way, but it's still a compliment, you know. I'm like, you have beautiful toast, sir. I'll kiss him on the forehead. The guys, well, what are you doing? Can I massage your feet? He's like no, but it's so yeah, it's making him a little uncomfortable, but it's not. It's not I'm not saying anything bad about him. So so yeah, those that it helps when someone pays the price. I think what I've come up with is that I'm an emotional stunt man, and if anybody is going to be seriously uncomfortable by my art, it's going to be me because I can handle it and that's what I do. So so yes, I think a little bit. We're just like experimenting with saying crazy stuff to strangers all the time.
Speaker 5: When we come back from this break, I'm going to ask Steven, what is a joke? How do you technically construct one? I'm Joshua P. Warren. You're listening to strange things on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network, and I will be right back.
Speaker 8: Stay right there. There's more Joshua P. Warren coming right out.
Speaker 4: With age.
Speaker 2: Women and men have issues with fine lines, wrinkles, underrye bags, creepy skin on the neck, and aging on the hands. Doctor Nathan Newman has developed lumins for amazing results treating these issues with his stem cell based formula APT two hundred. Try lumines today with our postage paid starter kit for only nineteen ninety nine, available exclusively at healthy looking dot com. Join thousands of satisfied customers using lumines. Learn more at healthy Looking dot com. Hi, it's Doctor Sky.
Speaker 4: Keep it right here on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Ironormal Podcast.
Speaker 9: Netword Welcome back to Strange Things on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 5: I am your host, the Wizard of Weird, Joshua P. Warren, beaming into your wormhole brain from my studio and Sin City, Las Vegas, Nevada, where every day is golden and every night is silver. By the way, do you know what the buddhiststone is? Do you know about the Buddhistone Money Magnet and Happiness Kit with a one hundred percent money back guarantee. Go to the buddhastone dot com because you will not find this kit anywhere else in the world. We have some in stock right now, but as always, they are going to disappear any moment. So Buddha is spelled b U d Dha. Go to the buddhastone dot com. And now back to my interview with stand up comedian Steven Randolph. So, from a technical perspective, Uh, what is a joke? How does it work? How do you construct one?
Speaker 6: What the easy thing for me? And I tell this to New comics is go, I don't know what to write. What should I write for my first joke? If something makes you angry, if something makes you really happy, if you think something's annoying or weird, if you get a strong internal emotion, the Matthew's an indicator that there's a joke there. And for instance, I this was back. You know when everybody's watching TV all the time. Now it's always on your phone and we don't watch commercials so much. But when I first started stand up about fourteen years ago, yeah, about fourteen years ago, there was always these athletes foot commercials and soap scum commercials like four h nine and cleaning commercials. Whenever they animated a germer, a bug, it always had a New Jersey accent. And I noticed that, and I said that to my friend in the car when I first started doing open mics, they go, whenever they animate a germer, a bug, or a fungus on TV, it always sounds like a New Jersey Cabby. You know who I am. I'm Mucus. I live in you know. So I went on stage the next night to a bunch of people and I said, how come every time they animated germer a bug on television. It's always got a new Jersey accent. Everybody started laughing. So a lot of other people were like, yeah, that is true. I never thought about that. So if you feel passionately about something really strongly usually annoyed, that really help the collective of people in the audience who have had that same experience go oh yeah, and there's something there's something funny about us all suffering or being annoyed with the same thing.
Speaker 5: In terms of human evolution, every quality that we have seems to be there because it serves some purpose. So you've kind of touched on this already, but let me ask you one more time. What purpose does comedy serve? Does it rescue people? What does it mean to you?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I like that it rescues people. It rescues people, It connects people, It uplifts people, It energizes people, and it makes people not feel alone. And I had a twelve step sponsor one time when I was getting really experimental early on and I wanted to freak everybody out. I was doing like a lot of Andikoff and stuff, and I was freaking everybody out, and he kind of gave me a note, and I was like, huh, that's interesting, and he goes. He goes, you know, I'm not telling you what to do, but you might want to be a little more inclusive with your comedy. And I'm like, what do you mean? And he's a comedy fan that does not do comedy, and he goes. You're in a dark, dingy club at the late hour of the night, and people are usually crawling in and sitting in the back because they feel alone and they're depressed and they just want to be uplifted. They're not going there to see you be super crazy and weird sometimes that there's a time for that, but most of the time people are going because they just don't want to feel alone and they want to laugh a little bit. Man. And I was like, oh, so there is part of this job where I'm supposed to I'm supposed to create a nice sandwich for someone to eat. I'm not just supposed to be throwing mustard on the wall when someone's hunger and look at that. You know, so like I think when you first start out, you're just so nervous and so excited and you know, unbridled that you're just making this abstract At least that's how there's twenty fifty percent of comedians like that that you're just doing crazy, say, saying stuff for reaction because you don't you don't understand the craft yet, so you're just saying buzzwords you're not supposed to say, you're you're just being crazy. But then afterwards you're like, oh, I do want people to laugh. So I think it's to energize and to give hope, to give hope in happiness and contentment for people who otherwise don't have that or are struggling with that.
Speaker 5: So now, just as a quick comparison, considering the world is a big place, how do you think this concept applies to animals? Do animals really have a sense of humor? I mean, what are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 6: I thought I've thought about that a lot. And dolphins seem to the more intelligent animal. Dolphins seem to primate seem to because if you see, like there's videos of little chimpanzees in the jungle, I think you could just probably put this into the YouTube search. But they're they're teasing lions. It's a deadly game. But they're jumping down and pulling lions tails, and the lions are getting are the tigers are getting so fear they're trying to kill the monkeys, and like he's just jumping back up and the trees, laughing hysterically, and I think, like that's comedy, that's high, that's risky, risky comedy. But they're doing it because they're bored, and they're probably wanting to make their friends, their their monkey friends laugh and and all that. Dolphins knock people off surfboards. I have a little bulldog and he has a sense of humor. He'll grab me and fake bite me on the leg and then run away and run in circles and run into the wall. And I'm like, he's being silly right now, Like he's not. He doesn't just want my attention, like he's he's being funny. And so my dog, Yeah, I think they do because up setting my dog too. I have English bulldogs are very moody, very wacky. But he'll just do crazy, funny stuff and I'm like, oh, he's being funny. So I believe that. Yeah, animals and stuff understand humors. Some do. Cats don't seem to be too funny. They're not trying to play those games.
Speaker 5: I met you around four years ago. At the Comedy Store, and Chelsea invited me to be on her podcast with you, and then you took me on this phenomenal tour of the Comedy Store. It opened in Hollywood in nineteen seventy two fifty years ago. It is world famous and it is famously haunted. Well, this show is called Strange Things, so please tell everybody a bit about the paranormal activity at that place and why you think it is so haunted.
Speaker 6: One of the most haunted places on the planet. It's undeniable. You could feel it when you walk in. You remember these show Unsolved Mysteries from the eighties and nineties. I think it's got a recoot now on Netflix. Yea, one of my favorite shows. That theme song still if I hear that in adulthood and it's nighttime, I need to put all the lights on. Scariest fun show. I think that was the precursor for me. It went Unsolved Mysteries, then Coast to Coast a few years later when I got a little older, but those were my two go tos, and Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Stack was just scary. And there is a episode dedicated to the Comedy Store that you could find on YouTube with Robert Stack talking about the Comedy Store. So all these comics from the seventies and eighties were talking about the crazy stuff. So I already heard the stories and knew that it was haunted. And then once I got into the guts of it and started I worked there for seven years. Brenton Biddlecombe, one of the one of the comics over there who was kind of who worked and did their social media and stuff, and it was there answering the phone lines during the day, gave me the whole rundown on and that's how I'm able to give the tours. I love giving tours of the Comedy Store today the tour I gave you. But there was I don't know, between one hundred and one hundred and fifty one hundred and fifty people killed in the building in the forties and fifties before Mitzi Shore, Who's poly Shores to see some other ran it. I guess it's been around for one hundred years. So it had an illegal abortion clinic at the turn of the century, and then it was Zero's Nightclub, a mob run nightclub in the forties, fifties and sixties, and I guess that's where they would say, hey, come over, we need to talk to you about some business. And that's where they would whacky. In fact, on these stairs that go up that lead up into the sound person's little nest up there on the top of the main room, there's three different stages. You could see bullet holes all over the walls, and so, you know, it's kind of been said that a ton of people lost their lives on those stages, that stage, and so a lot of people have just died in that building, and a lot of weird stuff has gone in that building. My friend Gypsy Danny, who you met, I introduced you to Gypsy Danny. He did a walk through there and he, you know, he was telling me there's portals all over this place, and there's he was seeing ghosts left and right, and and so I had an experience there. It's so unique about that club is it's open till three four in the morning sometimes, like if Chappelle comes in and stays on, you're open un till four in the morning. So it's it's more of a comedy hangout for it's an artist community too, so like everybody just hangs there and gets really intoxicated and has a good time and wildness. It's just really wild.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna cut right there, and when we come back, you will hear Stephen tell about this fascinating experience with something paranormal that he and others witnessed on the stage during a live performance. And let me tell you, if you can think of a famous comedian, there is a ninety nine point nine percent chance that comedian has performed at the Comedy Store. And you know, when I went there to do my investigation, there was a point when I stood up on that stage and I'm telling you it's hard to describe. There is a portal of energy that is burned onto that stage that's so powerful that I think anybody would feel a bit disoriented. And that's why it's all the more intriguing that during the investigation that I did, when the only people who were there was myself, Stephen Chelsea, and then at one point, I think maybe a couple of other tech guys kind of popped in and out. But you know, we had the whole main stage to ourselves, the whole theater to ourselves, and at one point, and I've told you about this before, we turned a special full spectrum camera toward the stage and actually captured something on that stage that was invisible to the naked eye. And later on in this podcast, I'm going to tell you how you can go and see that footage on my website, as well as footage from Chelsea and Stephen interviewing me on camera for over two hours that same day. So there's just so much great content wrapped into this particular edition of the show. And did you realize that comedy is such a mysterious and often paranormal, certainly mystical and metaphysical thing. I'm Joshua P. Warren, and you are listening to strange things on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal podcast network, and I will be back after these important messages.
Speaker 8: Hey folks, Producer Tom here reminding you to make sure and check out our official Coast to Coast AM YouTube channel. For many of us, YouTube is our go to place for audio visual media and we hear it. Coast to Coast are happy to share free hour long excerpts of Coast to Coast AM with you, our loyal fans and new listeners. Our YouTube channel offers many different Coast to Coast am hour long pieces of audio on numerous topics including uphology, extraterrestrials, conspiracies, strange creatures, prophecies, and much much more. There's even a section that includes our most popular uploads, such as many of the David Polaidi shows on people did Disappearing in national parks. To visit or subscribe, just go to YouTube and type in Coast to Coast AM Official. Or you can simply go to the Coast to coastam dot com website and click on the YouTube icon at the top. It's the official Coast to Coast AM YouTube channel. You're gonna love this. Just get on over to Coast tocostam dot com and start your free listening.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 10: Are you looking for that certain someone who shares your interests in UFOs, ghosts, bigfoot, conspiracy theories, and the paranormal, Well, look no further than paranormal date dot com, the unique site for like minded people. If you like the senior crowd.
Speaker 11: Try paranormal date dot com slash seniors to meet like minded people.
Speaker 10: That are sixty plus.
Speaker 11: It all depends on what you prefer. Paranormal date dot com is great for everyone. You can also tap into members that are sixty plus at Paranormal Date dot com slash seniors. Enjoy your search and have some fun at Paranormal Date dot com.
Speaker 5: Hey everyone, it's the Wizard of Weird Joshua P. Warren, and you're listening to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network. Welcome back to Strange Things on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network. And I'm your host, Joshua P. Warren, And this is the show where the unusual becomes you usual. It is ironic that comedy is surrounded by so much tragedy and so many sad and often spooky events. Actually, in fact, at the Comedy Store, I think it was maybe nineteen seventy nine, something terrible happened. A lot of the comedians went on strike, and one comedian climbed up at the top of a tall building next to the comedy Store and jumped to his death. He committed suicide and left a little note explaining that he had done it because of his relationship with the Comedy Store. You can imagine these stories about that building just go on and on. So it's not really surprising that Stephen Randolph and others witnessed something paranormal on that stage after he had only been working there for a matter of weeks. So here is Steven Randolph telling you what he I saw.
Speaker 6: And I was there my second week running the original room. That's the room that everybody got their their started. You know, Richard Pryor Letterman and Letterman had my job, Jim Carrey had my job. They were door people, kind of running the rooms, checking people in and the insecurity. So it's this, you know, all these people had this this iconic kind of job and it was really helpful. It taught me so much about show business. But my second week working there, so three showrooms are running at once, I'm in the original room. It's one five am. Heyesus. Trey Hoad's, a very funny comedian, was going on. I didn't even know him at the time. I know him pretty well now. But he walked on stage. There was me, a drunk guy in the very back, and three people up front. So there's four people in the room. But it just stays open, you know, all night. And they told me no smoking in the rooms. No this, no that, you know. I just had to watch out for some things. And people can't vait too much. I would let people do it a little bit here there. All of a sudden, about three or four minutes into his stand up set, he's on stage a huge what looked like a vape, a ball of like vape vapor was hovering over his head. And I was like, oh, someone's vaping in here. You know what, I'm new at this job. It's late at night. I don't really care that people are vaping in here. Who cares, you know? And the ball of smoke didn't go away. It just became more perfectly symmetrical. And I was like, I've never seen a vape ball of cloud of vape smoke do that. It didn't dissipate, and it became a globe and it started rotating around the guy's head. It's one forty at night. I've been working since six pm. Man, I come from another job. So I was, you know, an hour fourteen of working for that day, heard so much comedy. I go, I'm going crazy. So the drunk old man that was sitting kind of in the back with me, like near the little our little checking booth, I said, hey, man, is that sick? Are at smoke or bag? Smoke. He goes, I don't know what that is. And he goes, he goes, I'm drunk right now. I said, I'm tired right now. I said, let's watch it. We watched it for another minute and it started rotating like a globe. So now you've got a ball of smoke hovering over the guy on the stage. I'm sitting there watching the guy on the stage. Hey, Sue's treo, and you could talk to him about the story. Runs off the stage. You don't leave the show, no matter what. The show must go on. He runs off and abandons through there on the microphone and runs off stage, and everybody's just freaking out in the audience, and so I race in the kitchen where there's a kitchen where everybody kind of hangs out at the comic store. He's back there, looking like like he'd just seen a ghost, you know. And I said, hey, man, Steve Randolph, I don't know if we've met. I kind of something weird happen while you're on stage. And he goes, I don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear it. And I go, no, man, I got to tell you, And I go A globe of smoke was hovering over your head while you were on stage. He goes, I didn't see the globe of smoke, but something was yelling at me from behind the curtains, and everybody in the front row was it was screaming at them, and they were screaming at egg, going what is it? What's going on? And it was screaming at everybody. I didn't hear. I was in the same room with the microphone. I didn't hear the audio, and nobody else saw the smoke except for me and the old man. And so there was two levels of what would you call that, like senses or like they're like I was seeing stuff that they that other people weren't seeing, and they were all hearing something that I wasn't hearing at the same time, and he was freaked out. He did not want to go back on stage that night, and we got someone else on there and kind of carried on with the show. But that was one of many things that happened there.
Speaker 5: You know, Stephn. Oddly enough, my own journeys through paranormal research have brought me into contact with a lot of comedians. I actually shared a few moments on screen with Robin Williams in a movie.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I did an entire TV show with Rob Riggle Murray. The magician here in Vegas is a he's a comedic magician and he's a good friend, and Karen Rontowski is a friend, et cetera.
Speaker 6: So I have.
Speaker 5: A lot of paranormally you know, sort of or let me say, comedically oriented personalities that are also into the paranormal. And I even, you know, I like to crack jokes, and what do you think is up with this overlap between comedy and the paranormal.
Speaker 6: I know exactly what it is. I'll tell you sensitivity. Comics are extremely sensitive, and not just emotionally sensitive. We're able to hyper focus and see things and cracks in the foundation that other people can't see. It's incredibly frustrating sometimes because I'll tell my mom or someone, hey, that's a bad guy. You see the way he just kind of looked, and nobody like, you're so crazy, And then sure enough this person would be weird. I just I know when something crazy is gonna go down, like three or four minutes before it happens, because I'm like I think, I think artists are super sensitive and high tuned I think stand up comedians are extremely sensitive. We've all been traumatized to come overwhelmingly from trauma, and so I don't know if that opens up some kind of sixth sense that maybe other people are blessed to not even have to use, because they just just walk around blisfully unaware. But I think stand ups for the most part, have that sixth sense channel open, and we're extremely sensitive. And not only do do fun observations and jokes come in and present themselves, a lot of other stuff does too. I've seen, I've seen a UFO. I've had a lot of paranormal experiences, probably because I'm open to it and I believe in it. But I've had I've had quite a few supernatural experiences, and the same can be said for a lot of comic friends. Are right, a lot a lot of comedians experience that.
Speaker 5: You know, I think it also has something to do with absurdity. You know, there's something funny about getting abducted by an alien or a bigfoot or having a ghost appear in your bedroom, as the movie Ghostbusters so clearly demonstrated. So how do you feel about the absurdity of the paranormal and how that element connects with comedy.
Speaker 6: I love it. I think my two favorite things are are comedy and paranormal activity. If you were to say, who is Stephen Randolph, it's it's comedy, a loving friend and husband, paranormal activity, and in colbrew coffee. So I don't you know why, because it's so scary, it's so such a power, unexplainable, power greater than myself. You have to laugh. It's so big to me. Like my friend and I have gotten really really into UFOs lately, and I always have been into them, and both he and I we were having this conversation the other night. He's a very successful musician. His name his name is Casey, but his band is called Adult Karate. Check out Adult Karate. But he's really into supernatural occurrences. And we both came up with the fact is it's a thing with comedy. It gives us hope, the fact that there's possibly some advanced civilization in the sky that could possibly help us, help us evolve. It's incredibly comforting to me, and it's it's it's it's scary too at the same time, and it's big and it's funny. It's like a nervous laugh almost, so like the two are very connected for me. You know, Scena goes you have what are you gonna do? Yelling it? You have to go. If you if you and I Joshua were walking around and we saw some crazy ghost walk through the wall, I would probably start laughing after the initial oh my god, oh my that's me. I have no words for it. I have to laugh. I have to have this emotional release because what I just saw was so big and unexplainable. I don't even know how to put it into words.
Speaker 5: So tell us about your UFO experiences.
Speaker 6: So I was outside. I was in Hollywood, California, right by the famous hot dog plays Pinks.
Speaker 12: My friend had an apartment like kitty corner to Pink. So we're at like six pm, it's like twilight. We're leaving a twelve step meeting. So this is five or six sober guys.
Speaker 6: Doing the twelve step thing. We had a twelve step meeting at his house, and so we're all dead sober, at least we claim to be. But for the most part I had everybody there was was sober, and we're all having cigarettes in the alley kind of kitty corner from Pink's Hot Dogs, just hanging out smoking. I go to take a pee in at the end of the alley and something told me to look up in the sky. And I look up and I see a silver ball and I was like, ah, that's weird instead of satellite. So I'm peeen, I'm smoking, I'm just kind of looking at this ball. And I go to look back at my group of friends who are probably thirty feet away from me, and they're all looking up into the sky. So what are the chances that we all, you know, we're all kind of self obsessed, neurotic people, and why did we all look up at the same time? But they're looking So I'm looking at them, they're looking. I zip up my pants really quick. I raced over to them. I go, what is that? And my buddy goes, I don't know, and I'm like, that's so weird. Look at that. He goes, no, no, look at that over there, and there was another silver ball. Then my other friend poured out another silver ball. So we were all watching three individual silver balls go across the sky, and I thought, that's so weird. Then they zipped and joined each other into a perfect triangle and started zipping around that way, and then it shot into hyper space and I was like, that is so crazy. Came back, disassembled, did the little dance, zipped all around it like they were having fun. It was like a couple of dolphins out of a pod. And then they all collectively formed this triangle shot into hyperspace again and we didn't see him. I'd been into UFOs since I was a little kid and unsolved mysteries, and you know, every book I wanted for Christmas was a book I was supernatural. So I that the black, unmarked helicopters always come after a major sighting, right, So I told my buddy and I go, are you an UFOs? And she goes no, and I go, well I am, And if this isn't the UFO, there's gonna be some black helicopters that are going to come.
Speaker 5: Do you think the black helicopters showed up? You'll find out when we come back. I'm Joshua Pee Warren. You're listening to strange things on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal podcast Network, and I will be right back.
Speaker 3: Did you know that Tessa could save your life from cancer?
Speaker 6: Are now available?
Speaker 3: For little or no cost thanks to the healthcare law called.
Speaker 6: The Affordable Care Act.
Speaker 5: Let this be the year you get screening tests that can help detect cancer early when it's most treatable.
Speaker 3: Don't let concerns get in your way. Talk to a doctor or other medical professional to learn more about the best cancer testing options for you.
Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's easier than ever to become a Coast to Coast AM insider and have access to past shows the Artbell Vault with classic audio and interviews and so much more. And you can listen to the show live or on demand with your computer or cell phone, and the audio streams are high quality and crystal clear. It's easy to become an insider. Just head on over to Coast tocostdam dot com the website and you'll find all the info right there. That's COASTINCOASTAM dot com Coast to COASTAM dot com.
Speaker 3: And now back to the iHeartRadio and Cost to cost AM Paranormal Podcast Network and Strange Things.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the final segment of this edition of Strange Things on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network. I am your host Joshua p. Warren and after the interview, I have some more interesting things to share with you. But now the conclusion of my conversation with Steven Randolph, he just saws some UFOs and he said, you know what, if those were real, I bet you some black helicopters will fly over soon. And well, here's what happened.
Speaker 6: And if this isn't the UFO, there's gonna be some black helicopters that are going to come Joshua.
Speaker 13: Six PM Center, Hollywood, right by Pink. So there's a line out the door of people eating hot dogs. This isn't a mystical you know, heedge to Area fifty one thing. It's a very just in the center of the city, very normal night. And all of a sudden, apaches with no markings on them came and comed our area over Pinks and over kind of probably a quarter mile out where we.
Speaker 6: Were watching this whole light show happen. And the helicopters came out of nowhere. They were so big. The only thing that I've seen kind of almost as close to that is like when you go down to San Diego or Ocean side and they're doing the military kind of tactical practices down there at like one of the marine bases down there, and they were huge, huge helicopters that were just hovering around Hollywood. And my friend goes, how did you know that? I said, I read a.
Speaker 14: Book about it, and they just disappeared and that was that. And it was so crazy that that we had all talked about it and it was the craziest thing any of us have ever seen. And then the most mystifying part to me is I didn't let it go because I'm so into it.
Speaker 6: But when I bring that up to the other people who saw it, they go, oh, yeah, that was weird, and they almost like don't even acknowledge it. They remember it, but it wasn't like they had kind of just forgot about it. And so I don't know if there's some element to realms and beings that we don't understand that kind of kind of make you forget or become uninterested. But I'm not one of those people that becomes uninterested. I'll never forget that night, and it was so weird to me. It was not only weird that we saw it, that the helicopters came afterwards, but it was weird that my other friends kind of almost just dismissed it a few weeks later.
Speaker 5: Well, Steven, the clock has almost got us. So before we go, please tell everyone how to learn more about you and your work.
Speaker 6: You know what, The best place to find me is on Instagram. I am very receptive if you send me a message, I talked to anybody. I'm a very friendly guy. But on Instagram, my handle is at Steven Randolph two, the number two. It's at st e vd n r A n d O l p H two on Instagram, and I put all my work on there. I'm also big on TikTok, so if you just google Steven Randolph TikTok, I should be the first one to come up. But yeah, I put my all my videos and all my body of work on there. And I'm going to be touring across the United States, so hopefully I'm going to state near you, and I'll put that on my website Steven Randolph dot com. That's Steven Randolph dot com. But I put my all my dats and stuff on Instagram, so I would love to connect with your fans. Well.
Speaker 5: As I said, you are one of my favorite comedians. I sincerely mean that. But you're also incredibly intuitive and sharp, and you are one of the coolest people I know. So congratulations to you and Chelsea on your new child. And my spidy senses tell me that your star is going to continue to rise and give you more opportunities to also explore the unknown. So I have a feeling we have more adventures in store together. So Stephen Randolph, thank you for being on the show.
Speaker 6: Josh, Like always, it was a pleasure. Man. You're the best.
Speaker 5: Okay, folks, if you need a laugh that this is what I do when I need a laugh. Well, first off, there are links to some of his social media if you just go to Stephen Randolph dot com, s T E V E, N R A N d O, L p h dot com. But I don't think there are links to all of it, because you know, he has a he has a YouTube channel, and I don't know if that's linked up there. You check him out on YouTube especially, But anyhow, he says he's most active on Instagram and TikTok, so his Instagram is of course Instagram dot com and then Ford slash Stephen Randolph the Number two or TikTok dot com, Ford slash at Comedian Steven Randolph, so find him one way or another. Now, if you would like to see the footage that we shot when we were doing our investigation at the Comedy Store. This was on October the twelfth of twenty nineteen. I had with me a full spectrum camera that was capable of shooting for you out there who were in techno stuff two hundred and eighty to twelve hundred nanometers, so it's able to see things that you cannot see with the naked eye. And at one point I think I had handed it off to Stephen and he was the one who might have actually shot this footage. I don't know one hundred percent for sure about that, but he whoever was holding it, pointed it at the stage and there is this anomaly on stage that looks a lot like what he described seeing in a way, it's almost like this violent vapor that's just sort of swirling around on the stage. Go look at that. And then on the same page, I just modified it so that after that you can watch the video from that same day, earlier that day actually of Chelsea Skidmore, and this is the Chelsea Skidmore show, but she had Steven in there and Chelsea and Stephen are interviewing me on camera for over two hours about everything you can imagine, and it's actually really not only insightful, but it's also, as you can imagine, you know, very funny and truly creepy at times. This is one of my my wife Lauren's favorite interviews that have been done with me. So all you have to do is go to my website Joshua Pwarren dot com. There is no period after the P and you'll see the Curiosity Shop in the menu there, and you click the link to the Curiosity Shop, scroll down and you'll find somewhere toward the bottom of the word comedy co O M E d Y. And if you click that, it will take you to the page that has both of those videos that you can just click and watch for free. Of course, while you're in my Curiosity Shop, if you like this show and you want to support it, do yourself a favor, buy yourself something cool, Buy something cool for yourself or a loved one, and everybody comes out of winter. Also, while you're on my website, I hope you'll sign up for my free e newsletter to stay informed and get some more free gifts, and you'll see how you can sign up on the homepage there in about two seconds at Joshua Pwarren dot com. Here is the last thing I want to share with you, because, as you may or may not know, I own the Haunted Boulder City Ghost Tour in Boulder City, Nevada, which is about thirty minutes drive outside of Las Vegas, and I have been working with the Chamber of Commerce there. And guess what if you are a part of a bluegrass or country western band, or you know somebody who is, we have an amazing contest going on right now called the Boulder City Life Contest. I actually wrote and produced a rough draft of a song about Boulder City, Nevada, and we're having a contest to see who can produce the best version of it. And if you win, the prize package is amazing. You get a Las Vegas prize package with two free nights stay at the south Point Hotel, casino and spa, including buffet, breakfast, lunch or dinner, Headliners showroom tickets. You get in Boulder City fifty dollars worth of a bar credit at Cleveland's Lounge.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 5: You get to take the Haunted Boulder City Ghost and UFO tour with as many people as you want. Like, it just goes on and on. So here's what you have to do. If you want to participate, if you want to create a song, go to Bouldercitylife dot com Bouldercitylife dot com and you'll get all the details there. And right now we're looking at a deadline of July first of twenty twenty three. This is something I'm very excited about. I've never done anything quite like this before. Terms and conditions apply, I always have to say that, but again, this is this is really, this is something that is going to be fun for everybody, and I am so happy that we're able to offer some great prizes to people who do that as well. Bouldercitylife dot com. Well, I hope you enjoyed that interview with my friend Steven Randolph. I'm sure at some point I will get Chelsea on here because she has got plenty of wild stories off her own. It's been a true pleasure to meet both of them. And you know, sometimes people contact me and they say, man, I just heard this show for the first time, and I can't believe how much fortune I've had by listening to this tone that you play at the end of the show most of the time, which is called fittingly the Good Fortune Tone. People listen to it every week and then email me and say this has changed my life. So here we go. I'm going to play it for you in just a moment. This is exclusive to this show, and what I want you to do is take a deep breath. If you can close your eyes, it's okay. If you can't, kick back, relax. If you have a glass of water, you might want to put that in front of your speaker and see if you can charge up the water with this tone. It'll only last like twenty seconds, and then drink the water and see how you feel.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 5: It is the want and only good Fortune Tone. That's it for this edition of the show. Follow me on Twitter at Joshua P.
Speaker 6: Warren.
Speaker 5: Plus visit joshuapwarren dot com to sign up for my free e newsletter to receive a free instant gift, and check out the cool stuff in the Curiosity Shop all at Joshuapwarren dot com. I have a fun one lined up for you next time, I promise, So please tell all your friends to subscribe to this show and to always remember the Golden Rule. Thank you for listening, Thank you for your interest and support. Thank you for staying curious, and I will talk to you again soon. You've been listening to Strange Things on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network. Make sure and check out all our shows on the iHeartRadio app or by going to iHeartRadio dot com