Speaker 1: Today's episode of Taking to the Draft Podcast, We've got special guests Jeremy Green and the Mouth of the South.
Speaker 2: He asked the draft guru Fred Smooth, is in your house, Fred Smooth for our special mock drafts seven rounds where psych ghosts buckle up.
Speaker 1: Man, here we go. Welcome to Take the Draft Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with very special guests. Not only just a guy Jason who always joins me on this show, but also the Mouth of the South, Fred Smooth, draft Guru and my new favorite draft true draft guru me Jeremy Green. Jeremy working the guys. Fight you. If you're looking for you real quick.
Speaker 3: Uh, you find me.
Speaker 4: My website's NFL draft dot Net. The show is the Sportsocracy on ESPN here in Asheville, North Carolina, every weekday at noon.
Speaker 1: I got scared.
Speaker 2: Thank you for making me feel at home. Your voice does it for me. Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: I look like Fat Luke Combs and I sound like him too.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 5: The thing is is that Jeremy has been our all star guest Fred. He's taken the spot from you because our top two performing podcasts are the ones he's been one.
Speaker 3: So that's true.
Speaker 5: Fred, last week's Guaranteed Ballers was was up there, which, by the way, you won that. Everyone can check it out on command sentence. You can see me. Jason's fine to me, I got to step it up right now.
Speaker 2: With our powers combined, we will beat it smooth.
Speaker 4: Don't feel bad, It's just people saw the thunnail and went did they actually get the brawny got to do a podcast?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Sasquatch Sasquatch Toolate. But today obviously we got a great like all star guest list, but we also got a really fun show because if you want a seven round mac, we're picking every pick for the Commanders. But before we get into that, you know, it's good to have Jaremure, It's good to have Fred here, and Jason and I have talked about this a little bit. But let's talk about We're going to talk high level about team needs, draft strategy, trading up versus down, and then we're gonna get to the mock. So let's start with needs. Jeremy, because you're the guest and you're the most handsome guy here, why don't we start with you are? What are the Commander's team.
Speaker 3: Needs for me?
Speaker 4: I've got to get an edge rusher of some kind. I don't think receiver is as big of a need as everybody else seems to tell me that it is. I keep targeting it late, but I think with Debo and McCaffrey and I think they're fine there, I'm gonna I'm gonna side with with Ap and say that Ben Son it can be the future tight.
Speaker 3: End, even though I didn't. I did not love him last year. Ye, so I'm not.
Speaker 4: As big on taking a tight end. I want to get an offensive lineman. The question is do they play Coleman at tackle or do they play Coleman at guard. I would prefer to kick him in the Garden draft to right tackle, because I think there are a lot of those in this class. But I got to get a lineman one way or the other, and a younger linebacker at some point.
Speaker 3: Oh and corner.
Speaker 4: That's corner I think was the most obvious one.
Speaker 3: I don't know if Conan is the most obvious thing.
Speaker 2: Bringing in Jonathan Jones a guy that could play inside and outside, and I do think you can add not a true tight end to that tight end room, but a weapon like a roarer from Miami, somebody that has a certain skill set, I think you can break them in. I think we need a explosive running back. Like when I say running back, I'm talking about speed, raw speed. I'm talking about a game breaker at running back. And everybody talks about edge. But Jean Baptist and a couple more of these guys you brought in. I think because if you bring in an edge Russia and you draft him after the first round, he's a situational pass rusher, You're not bringing him in to play on first and second down. You're bringing him to be a third down guaranteed past Russia. So I think because of what we've done in the free agent it's no heart draft picks in this draft.
Speaker 3: I think we draft situational.
Speaker 2: That's where I'm at when it comes to who we draft and what I wants in these are I think I want out way I needs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I agree with Fred. I think we've established and covered up a lot of needs. But I do think ed rusher kind of comes to the forefront because of how deep seemingly the addresser classes specifically in that kind of I don't know, twenty to forty five range in the draft. I think you got a lot of guys in there, like Shamar Stewart's in there, Malachi Williams is in there for Michael william Michael Williams is in there for me, you know obviously Donovanez, Roku, Landon Jackson, Nick Gordon, Like those guys are kind of in that cluster. So it just feels like that area of the draft potentially could be saturated with that kind of player. Yeah. I don't know how you feel about that, Jeremy, but that's something that I look at and I say, like, that's why it feels like that's the direction they're going to go, because not only does it kind of fit a pseudo need for the team, because I think Frederick Band have a great point. Yeah, but like it just seems like that area is going to be very dense with players that could make a difference at that that rusher.
Speaker 2: Can you agree me that it feels like a dirty love affair, right, Like the NFL has a dirty love affair with wide receivers in age rushes, And if I look at the last couple of Super Bowl winners, they're guaranteed guys are in the mid tom they are d tackles. Chris Jones, you feel a dead field, like everybody's in love with will Williams. Yeah, yeah, yeah, me and Williams like, yeah, everybody's in love with the edge. I'm in love with the interior. Aaron Donald. I'm in love with the guys that can get to the quarterback faster than the edge Russia. Do we need edges, Yes, we need edges, But I'm one of those guys. I'm about to I'm about to nose town. I'm about to detail because I'm about the three techniques.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think that still is like the point though. It's like in that area of the draft. Yeah, it feels like to sim me a lot of edges, and so I think that's why people have been thinking about that. Jeremy, would you agree with that?
Speaker 3: I would.
Speaker 4: I love this edge class. I'm not as high on the two Georgia guys.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I still have no idea what position Jaylen Walker plays. Sure, and Michael Williams is starting to feel like the great sasquatch of people tell me how great he is, but I don't really ever Trava.
Speaker 3: He's big and he's fast, but but I.
Speaker 1: Mean, you take that guy in like the late twenties. Probably, I think you probably feel really comfortable about that skill set there, or am I.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's going to be anywhere near that board in the late twenties.
Speaker 1: You think you'll be gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll be gone. But I'm saying I thank you guys in the top ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But what I'm saying is like in normal year, Yeah, right, I feel comfortable taking him, very comfortable. Probably seventeen to thirty. I feel really comfortable.
Speaker 3: Where are you going to play in?
Speaker 5: So my question for you guys is how do you think this is a testament to AP and the front office for building the team, especially through free agency and last year's draft to get to the point now where we're talking about the positions that are deep in this draft, and that's where you're targeting. Yeah, so you were throwing out corner, wide receiver, running back, edge. You could kind of go anywhere because everything is solid here and you're just trying to elevate a room somewhere based on the depth of the draft.
Speaker 2: Well, good teams don't depend on rookies to make plays. Good teams bring in rookies and add them to already sit group. All right, if you a good team trying to win the Super Bowl, you're not going to win it through this draft. You just adding pieces. And I think that's where we're at right now.
Speaker 5: So the only caveat that that would be quarterback. Right you want to draft a rookie quarterback to jigit. But we have that.
Speaker 1: We you got that.
Speaker 5: So now it's like you said, you don't want some.
Speaker 2: Best pieces available, Let's pack a couple of rooms up and get a couple of surprises, like that's what you use to get from a rookie class. Let's just say McDuffie in Kansas City, he went in the latter half of the first round. Now he's one of the better defensive backs. But then because they had the luxury of drafting McDuffie, more wants than need. So that's why I say the good teams never a pigeonhole theyself where hey, we need an edge. We got to take an edge in the first round, so we take whatever edge is there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I don't think can I elaborate on what friends said there. That's a stance I've had for a long time. Good teams stay good because they can stay trade of their board. Philadelphia has done it, Kansas City's done it, and Baltimore they perfected it. Of whoever the highest rated player is on the board, I don't have a need that is so great that I have to take a player. When you have to take a player, that's when you make mistakes. Tennessee is about to do it Ward cam Ward's not the best player in this class.
Speaker 3: He closes the best in this class.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: But you have to have a quarterback.
Speaker 4: So you're going to buy pass two guys that I think are generational in Abdul Carter and Dravis Hunter, and you're going to regret it for the next ten years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it is a quarterback of you. But I think that speaks to kind of the draft strategy element, and you know, Adam Peters, it is such a great job of like like Jason said, of establishing the roster, and I guess putting this team in a position where they don't have to And I think that's when Jeremy kind of went through team needs. It's he's just kind of it's all of these things, like it's O line, receiver, corner, edge, but none of them are essential. Just about kind of determining where the value is, yes, you know, at the various picks or where the commanders are selecting. And I think that's again like kind of speaks to me the perfect draft strategy, because again he talked about the teams that do at the Baltimore as the Philadelphia Eagles, all those different teams, and now that the commanders are actually run by adults, Like, now we're seeing that happen here, which I think is like the thing that I'm taking away leading into the draft.
Speaker 2: Could you agree with me that it maybe be ap looked at the draft prior and see it not.
Speaker 3: A super deep draft.
Speaker 2: Let me get my guys in free agency, let me go get established guys.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that's probably an element of it too. But I also think like last year, you know, like when you look at the draft, like they the way the draft falls traditionally is like you're not gonna get a good offensive lineman in the draft class, right, and especially when you pick it when you're picking at twenty nine. Yeah, they're just gonna go off the boards. They get elevated, they get pushed up, right, That's part of the deal with the draft. So you go out get Laramie Tunsel, Right, you're gonna be able to get a difference making playmaker at twenty nine oftentimes not, so why not trade for Deebo Samuel? So I just think it's I think it's just good practice in general and something you've turned me on too. Quite honestly. It's like the draft picks are just their assets, right, So you can either select a player or you can trade for a player, but the goal is to use them to make your roster better. And I think that's what he did, and it's and I think even if they were even if this was a good draft, I think these are all good offseason moves at Adam Peter's Maid.
Speaker 4: And we're a Baptists where you find long term relationships. Free agency is where you find the girl you go out with four times and then she scared your death.
Speaker 5: Okay, so we're about to get into the seven round mock here. We're not going to do any trades in this. We're just going to go straight through as if we stick and pick at every pick we have. But before we start, there is a lot of people doing mock drafts out there that have us trading whether up or down, to get a guy to not get a guy. We're not going to do that in this draft. But I really quickly want to talk about the potential of trading because it's a real possibility. So Jeremy, we'll start with you. If the Commanders are able to trade in that twenty nine spot, what would you do? Would you go up, would you go back? Would you stay? What? What is the ideal situation if you're the GM here.
Speaker 4: Well, I think to what Fred said, this draft is not deep. If you're looking for the elite guy in the top ten, the guy you get at A and the guy you get at forty five, the grade should be pretty close. So I'm trying to get more picks in that forty five to fifty five to sixty five to seventy five range. If Washington can trade down, one of these teams get desperate Jackson dark Falls. Don't sleep on Tyler Shuck going in the first round. I've heard that more times in the last two weeks that teams have him ahead Award and somebody's gonna fall in love with Shuck and come.
Speaker 3: Up there to get him.
Speaker 4: If there's one of those guys on the board, I think Washington can move down because you're in that great spot where you're in the last handful of picks in the first round. A team can get that extra fifth year option on a quarterback, which I think Tyler Shuck will be forty forty years old when his fifth year option comes up to you, right, if a team fell in love with him, yeah, I'll tell you something that makes it. It made me feel really old that I just realized the other day Tyler Shuck will be the last player in the NFL Draft ever that was born in the nineties to be tre Wow said he was born September twenty sixth of nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: He's a COVID COVID baby.
Speaker 1: He's right.
Speaker 2: If if I'm the front office, I'm looking at one team, I'm about to let Cleveland Cleveland.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let them do what they do.
Speaker 2: I see them taking Travis Hunt at number two in them scrambling to get back at the bottom of the first round to get either Jackson Dort whoever that's available at the quarterback position. I'm waiting on a call from Cleveland and I want to trade down. I want the second pick. A real to me, their second round pick is really a first round pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so I was gonna ask you, Jeremy, what's your grade on the quarterback? Because this is something I keep coming back to, So like, what's your great on Tyler Shuck? What's your great on Jackson Dart? Because when I look at them, I'm like, I didn't have I like Jackson Dart, I didn't have a first round greade on him. I like Tyler Shuck, I didn't have a first round great on him. And I'm not an NFL GM, I'm not an NFL executive. I know that most teams aren't going to have first round grades on them, Like, so why would I trade up for a quarterback? Even even shudre centers?
Speaker 3: If yeas worth talking about?
Speaker 5: So the Lions, the Ravens, the Rams, the Texans, they're all ahead of us, and they don't have to get a quarterback. Do you think that, like we have to get lucky that no team is trying to jump us there? Like, how possible is it that at twenty nine there's a team that hasn't already moved up above us.
Speaker 3: Because let's go with the start with the Texans.
Speaker 2: The Texans they got hos to field on their roster, So they'll be like I have to get a first round talent either offensive line, either lineback, or either defensive back. All right, then you look at the the Rams. They're trying to infuse their team with you because they lost a lot of the older players. I don't think they move out of twenty six. The Ravens, that's who we got to worry about, because they are a team. If like let's just say they want to pair up safety from South Carolina with Kyle Hamilton and he's not there, they'll trade down them and Detroit out of two teams. I think we got worried about when they comes to trading out of that.
Speaker 1: But also say what you want, Like what you said about Houston, La Baltimore and the Detroit LANs is true. But what Jeremy said about the draft is also true. Like between ten and probably fifty five, the grades are approximately the same. Yeah, they know that, they know that more picks in that area are more valuable. So like to me, it's what's true for us is also true for them. Like if Houston trades down, they could get Arion te Eerstrg in the second round and somebody else, Like there's not this crazy, Like, yes, obviously, like Josh Simmons at twenty five would be fantastic for them. Yeah, but like he's got some character stuff coming out, he's got the injury thing working through. So that's the thing. I look at that and I'm like, whatever is true for us about trading back is also true for all of them, probably up to i'd say twenty two. With the Chargers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well guess what you can give us less at twenty nine, then you got to give up at twenty five.
Speaker 1: Screwpoint.
Speaker 4: It is definitely the last the two teams in front of you that I think you really have to watch. Minnesota only has four picks in this draft. If Minnesota can trade down, they will.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The other one is the Rams. If Jackson Dart's not on the board, I now Jehad Campbell. If that shoulder injury pushes him down, they would take him at twenty six. If there's no Campbell and no Dart, I think the Rams moved down.
Speaker 1: Do you think Dark goes in the first round though, I know I know you liked him, Jeremy, Yeah, you think he goes in the first round.
Speaker 4: I have him right behind cam Wartons. So cam Worton's my twenty seven overall, Jackson Dart's my forty, Shadour is my seventy eight, and Tyler Shuck is my eighty one.
Speaker 3: Can y'all agree with this on Shaduur? All right? I came up.
Speaker 2: I came out with a quarterback that everybody said it was small, arm was weak, and he was achery.
Speaker 3: And that's Drew Brees all right.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: When I look at Shaduur play the game, he played it just like Drew Brees played it at Purdue. He went out there and he was the only reason Purdue one, just like shad was the only reason Colorado won besides Travis Henry, I mean Travis Hunter.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: So all I'm saying is when I see the DNA should do I do see a lot of Drew Brees, not the best athlete in the world, more rebel player than a physical player. They literally don't throw over the line of screamers. They throw in between linemen. All right, So, and the accuracy is there. Do you hold the ball sometime?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But he got to be coached up like everybody else in his league. I just think it's more to should do it than people leave.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: Shader is one of the most interesting emails I've ever had, because if he went in the second round, I would say his bust potential probably gets cut into a quarter. The problem is he's going to go in the top twenty. I don't think he's been coached well. This is not a shot at Dion. My office back at home is I've got a Deon Sanders helmet sitting right behind my desk.
Speaker 3: I love them.
Speaker 4: But the deal with Sean Lewis, who is the offensive coordinator at Colorado. He brought him in from Toledo or Akron. It was one of those Mexicals. He was the head coach, brought him in to be the offensive coordinator. They butted heads. He fired him basically in the middle of the year. He's now the head coach of San Diego State. It was so disjointed, and then it was Pat Shermer this past year. Jean, I don't think Sdor has been coached at a super high level. He's been coached to succeed right now, not necessarily for development over time. I would love to see Shador go to a place where he could sit back. I'd love to see him with the RAMS. I said this one hundred times if he goes to LA and he can sit behind Stafford for two years, he will be a really good player in this league. I'm afraid he's going to go to the Giants and he's going to be the lifeline of Brian dabol He's the He's the kid that couples have to keep the divorce from happening, and that is a terrible situation for him.
Speaker 3: He might have got Travis Hunter with.
Speaker 2: I also like him at Pittsburgh because I think if you get with a franchise, it's bigger than the player, it's more surrounded with the coach and more of a running game and play good defense. I think he survives in an organization like that.
Speaker 3: Newsburg is hammered on Milrow.
Speaker 1: Oh are they?
Speaker 4: I don't know why. I don't ask me to explain that. This is one of those times that I'm only I can only give the information, I cannot explain it. So you agree with me that meal Rose is a Jalen Hurst that can't throw. Jalen Milroe had the worst. He's the only quarterback I've been doing this almost fifteen years. He's the only quarterback who I've ever turned off the tape and going I don't need to watch anymore. The Vandermilt tape was enough for me to know it was terror Leta learned to fly in week ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I still don't care. Yeah, listen, I totally understand.
Speaker 2: He has to go to a spot where he's sitting behind a guy and he's not forced to play for two years. That's the perfect set up for Meal Roads, Like he has to go maybe to the Raiders and sit behind Geno, but he has to do something where he just he's preparing to come out.
Speaker 1: I kind of feel like that's true of all the quarterbacks outside of Kim Wharton. I think Kim Word could come in and play your one. It's not gonna pretty, but I think you could do it. But I think I'd like I'd like Jackson Dark to sit and study. I'd like Schador Sanders to sit and study. I'd like Shuck to sit and study for a year or two and again, like, I just think that's the best kind of developmental arc for some of these guys. The problem is, like Jeremy was saying, like, if you get picked in the first round, like you gotta play, you gotta play.
Speaker 4: You gotta play a good headache that we don't probably sitting for two years as he'll be qualified for aar Yeah, he don't have that time.
Speaker 5: A good problem we don't have to deal with because we have Jade and Daniels. Quarterback is not a headache that we're going to have. But let's get on track here with the mock draft and get going real quickly before we go, quick answer from everybody around Logan will start with you any world where you're trading up, Probably.
Speaker 1: Not, I mean for what I don't think so, Like someone asked me the other day, like on my board, like Derek Harmon is a top I think he's like he's a second tier player, so top fifteen kind of guy for me. If he were to slide, like take a big slide and maybe trade up, but again, like for a defensive tackle, I don't know if it'd be worth it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So you're saying if, like if we do do if we do trade up, then for the evaluation that's in the draft room, is this guy.
Speaker 1: Is amazing amazing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he has to motivate it because if we're trading up, we got to give up something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we got to give up something we have to replace whatever we're giving up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I'm not drating up under any circumstances.
Speaker 3: I don't care if somebody says.
Speaker 4: We will give you twenty one for twenty nine and any pick you have, even the seventh rounder, that's.
Speaker 3: Too much for me. Yeah, I'm good. I don't want to lose any more picks.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's very likely. But I again, like if there's like, if you have somebody, I mean maybe Jeremy, you can speak to this. If you have somebody that you have a high grade, yeah, super high grade, Yeah, sliding down the board and you're like, we have to have him. Maybe. But again, like I think, I think last year out of Peters did a great job letting the draft come to him. You get you on miyakey, like being patient. I think this year is going to be extremely important.
Speaker 6: And I think that's what we're going to be. We have no adoption, all right, so let's get go in here. I'm going to hit the start on the mock draft simulator here. It's on turbo, so we won't really see exactly it gets picked ahead of us unless.
Speaker 5: We scroll up. All right, So I'm in control of this little board here, So just whoever wants to start off, just tell me where to go out. I'll cycle through these so you can see it on the screen.
Speaker 1: Can Jeremy see it.
Speaker 5: Jeremy can see it. Yeah, our audience can't see it. This is audio only, so we'll just have to talk through it. When you see a player, just please list a school position name right, just to help them out.
Speaker 1: Yes, the top five players on the board right now are Luther Burton, the third from Missouri, o Marion Hampton from North Carolina, Grey's Abel from North Dakota State, Trey Amos, the quarterback from Mississippi, and Nick s Gordon the defensive end from Texas A and M. And so there are some other guys there, but I don't know. I look at that if those are the top five players available, like, I think Grey's Abel here would be a tremendous fit for this team. You know, you can put them in at left guard. I think he's got a really nice upside. I also really really like Omrion Hampton. It feels a little bit written for a running back given how deep it is. But to me, and this is the other thing I'm gonna say this about Tremos, like you got me turned on a tree, Amos Fred like his ball skills, his size I think important. So I like all three of those players there, Jeremy, I don't know. Do you see somebody else in there that you you like?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Is this an acceptable time to just go ditto everything you just said?
Speaker 3: Now? Now I do have a I have a preference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead, what's your preference?
Speaker 4: So if Ashton Genty fell to twenty nine, would you happily take him and say that's not too rich for a running back?
Speaker 2: I take, I would trade up. I wouldn't trade up for a lot of people. I would trade up for you.
Speaker 1: So this is how I feel about Amaron Hampton, Like, I think I really like a Marion Hampton as a playmaking running back.
Speaker 3: Do you got any come anybody that's me?
Speaker 1: He reminds me a little bit like Eddie George, kind of like that kind of bigger upright running stoff and don't you can hit the home run? And and I think, I think I know where you're going with this, Jeremy, Like the difference between gent and Amaron Hampton isn't as big as I think people making. Yeah, but I think Genty I.
Speaker 4: Go one step Further, I don't just think there's not a difference between the two.
Speaker 3: I have Hampton ahead of you.
Speaker 1: Dude, look at this maniac. You're a mania.
Speaker 2: No no, yeah, listen, you'll see t must be aking up because no, like one day I can say about Geny his game breaking ability, but a Marion Hampton man, Mario Hampton to me, a Mario Hampton. We do this all the time, we fall in love with. How different is a Mario Hampton A Marion Hampton. Yeah, Marion Hampton than Dalen Sims.
Speaker 1: I think he's He's way bigger, He's way bigger. I think he catches the ball better. I mean I like doing I like doing SAMs.
Speaker 2: Way better than pass Bro. So you're telling me he's just bigger and he blocks better.
Speaker 1: And he's contact balance is crazy.
Speaker 3: It's a good point.
Speaker 4: Though, So we're I'm an affiliate of North Carolina, so I've I've literally watched every snap of Marion Hampton has ever played. And before anybody says that that makes me biased towards them, look where I have every other Carolina guy. This team took years off my life and aided in my drinking addiction because they made my head hurt a lot. Marion Hampton is the best pass protection running back in this class. I don't even think that's debatable. He is a high end pass catcher. And now I will ask you this question about gent Genty played in the Mountain West, in the nil Ah. He played a bunch of against a bunch of guys that are going to be insurance salesman in three in three weeks married Hampton. He played the acc which is not markedly better. Watch the Florida State tape. Florida State was not a good team this year. I just watched State. I watched that game last night.
Speaker 2: Can't I can't blame that on Genty because the one thing we know, if you are running back, you're a prisoner to your officive line his office live wouldn't messure up to anybody individual one football compare it to a Florida State. So I'm always one of these guys. I'm a component of the guy that made more with less. That's who I want on my team when it comes to the pros. That's why I don't like quarterbacks that come from Alabama. I don't like quarterbacks that come from Ohio State.
Speaker 3: They dodn't had.
Speaker 2: Number one draft picks around him to tie your time. I like guys that uplift the school, and I feel like this is what gent died.
Speaker 4: So the other thing I want to get did the same thing. Yeah, no quarterback and no wide receivers this past year.
Speaker 1: I agree, Hampton's a good football player, and I guess what you're saying, Fred, But the thing I would say too is the thing that I have a hard time with the running back in the first round is contract value. So you got to pay guards now twenty five million dollars. You got to pay outside corners thirty million dollars, And let's talk about I think Gray's Abel is probably he's definitely in that top three group of guards for me, Like, I really like Jackson from Ohio State, and Grey's Abel to me is right there. And then there's Booker who's right after them, right yeah, But I look at him and I'm like, man, he could make a difference for this team, and it's an expensive contract, So I like, I would like this pick here quite a bit. The other thing I would say too is how good is Trey Amos and where is he in related in relation to Grey's Abel? On your big boards Fred and Jeremy.
Speaker 3: Let's go big Towele. Let's go big towel Amos.
Speaker 4: Amos has a first round great for me, Yeah me too, Zabel does too. If I get into positional value and math is not necessarily my strong suit, So doing the math off on this off the top of my head is probably not going to happen. Zabel, Disabel's my twenty Amos is my twenty four corner, I would say, is thinner in this class, the guard I would I said all that about Marion Hampton and the last line of that was going to be I still live by the philosophy of I cannot take a running back in the first round, especially not in the best running back class I've ever seen. Yeah, I love Zabel, do not get me wrong. I think if you don't take Trey Amos, even though you sign Jonathan Jones, that allows you to put to push Mikey back into the slot. Amos can play on the outside. He's zone man fluid, he can do both. Yeah, I was afraid he was only a man guy. Then I and plays zone it all this and when he ain't got better at that every week. Yeah no, no, most would be.
Speaker 3: Beating the table for Amus. Yeah, mostly what about edge.
Speaker 5: We haven't talked about edge yet and that was a big need.
Speaker 1: So I love Nick Gordon. I think he plays super hard. I like his Purdue film. I think he's a physical football player. I think he's a fringe first round player. I think he is a commander.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But.
Speaker 1: In terms of like so like, this is tough for me because I love Nick Gordon, I love Landon Jackson.
Speaker 3: My grandma said everything, I got the word, but it's bs.
Speaker 1: But are they gonna make the same difference to this team that Trey Amos would make. I don't know, especially with j T. Twomlaal floating around a fifty.
Speaker 5: Six, I'm going to say I get the same man thinking again at sixty one, So you think maybe the depth to edge you're going again.
Speaker 2: He's actually very good when they when they when they dropped him into his own coverages.
Speaker 3: But he's better than any of.
Speaker 1: The I think that. The point that I'm going to take away, and this is why Jeremy's on the show is because he's a smart guy, is when he says the cornerback depth in this class is a little bit scary to me. So, oh, I'm pretty confident we can get an edge later. I'm pretty confident we could get a guard later if we wanted to running back, running back later for sure. And again the contract value here for the corner, this seems like the right pick. And you know, I was a little on the fence about Tremos. We talked about it, we discussed it, and I think the ball skills, I think the size, I think the scheme, versatility.
Speaker 3: Is reveil gone, Reveiled is gone.
Speaker 1: I don't know where he's at. He might be lower on this board actually, but but I think Tremos right now based on the people here. I don't know, Jeremy, you can he feels like the pick to me.
Speaker 4: He does feel like the pick to me. I'm curious if Revel's here too. I love Savone Revel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love him.
Speaker 2: I think he's I think he's Dan Queen equations and I think he eels with Dan Queen.
Speaker 3: He's already going, you.
Speaker 1: Know, he's on forty he's forty four. Again, like I have a higher grade on Savone Revel than I mean, I got to have great. But again there's question marks, the injury kind of some of the change directions.
Speaker 2: But I what makes that makes him more intriguing to me, Like this is why I say he is to me. And he's a fast version of Richis Sherman. He he lives here on the draft board.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's a fast version of Richis Sherman. You cannot beat that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for me, it's almost more interesting of do you want to go Amos or Revel than if you want to go Amos h, Marion Hampton or yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Revel will also be the first player in NFL history to have ever played for the same coach that I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mike Kids said was my coach? Oh really East Carolina? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So does the age with Ravel worry anybody? He's twenty four years old? No, a little bit older.
Speaker 3: Not when very importive on what is he thirty?
Speaker 2: Like we're in this time where it's old draftees just get used to it. You just get used to it. So I'm not I'm not running away from age right now.
Speaker 3: I'm not running away from age.
Speaker 1: And again, Benjamin Morris is on this list, but the hip injury is kind of crazy. Exwell, Harrison's also interesting. Wait what is Haro on FI? You? I mean those are good three good corners.
Speaker 4: Right there, But you're not in love with love the twenty three type. Last year's was a bad enough for me to go. I can't take him over Amus or Rebel.
Speaker 1: I agree, but I think he's got he's a good football players. What I'm saying, like, in in the right system, Revel to me is the third guy on my board. Yeah, so I want to take him. He's forty four here, and I think this is a really good illustration of the differences of opinion. Right in this draft, you're gonna get guys that hate Shavone Revel, You're gonna get guys that love Shavone Revel. And this is I've never been in a draft or covered a draft where it's been this.
Speaker 3: Nobody sees on the same lift, correct.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I'm the one that asked to push the button to draft this guy. So let's go through. Tell me who you want to pick? Just you, We don't have to make a consensus yet, just you your elevator pitch. Who should I pick?
Speaker 1: Here? I'm gonna go Shavone Revel because I think he's got the height, he's got the size, he's got the length, he's got the competitive toughness. I think when you watch him play big football games, he rises to the ocasion. Yeah, I think when he gets targeted, he doesn't shy away from getting targeted. He's got that competitive dog in him. Are there issues with the game, Yeah, there's issues with all of these little bit of stiffness. But I think he's a good tackler. Fred knows how much I love the corners to tackle. I think there's an urgency to him that I don't see with Treemos, so I'd probably go revel here.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, I hate to agree with Logan, but I'm gonna be forced to agree with Logan because the one thing Ravel does do is play with the intensity.
Speaker 3: He does play with urgency.
Speaker 2: And I have never seen a guy pickoff crossing routes over and over. It's one of the hardest routes for us to literally pick off, and he routinely picks him off. So this shows his closing ability. And guess what, the one thing I do love with six y three corners. You can't throw faate routes on. You couldn't throw faate routes on Richard Sherman. You won't be throw faate routes on this guy. So now he only has to check seven routes. I'm going with Ravel right here. That's my pig, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Jeremy.
Speaker 4: I did not know Revel was still on the board when I was waxing poetic about Trey Hamas. So I will keep everything I said about Trey Amos and say I like Ravel better. I agree with these guys. Look, the injury doesn't bother me that much. We're at a point where I'm not going to say I don't worry about ACL injuries. I do, obviously, I just don't worry about them in twenty twenty five nearly as much as I did.
Speaker 3: In two thousand and five. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've also heard you know through the grapevine that he seems to be in great shape. I love his story. I don't know how much you guys know of his story. Yeah, I knew this kid was. He was an academic non qualifier. He and his dad were working together at an Amazon delivery everywhere else.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: His dad drove him to a camp at ECU, and Mike Houston and Blake Harrold saw him at the camp and went, we have to get.
Speaker 3: That kid academic when qualified to play here.
Speaker 4: Then he goes to ECU, has that huge ear, starts getting crazy and I'll offers from every major school and stuff. You didn't believe in me when they did. Yeah, I'm staying here. Yeah, I love the kid.
Speaker 3: I'm all went on Revel. That's a command the story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he plays with that edge.
Speaker 3: Quinn qualified, like that's what he is.
Speaker 1: And just to be clear, like tram Will's a good football player. So if they do pick Tramos at twenty nine, we're excited, right, We're excited for all these guys.
Speaker 2: But it's a win win. Let's understand, it's a win win. It's all about going to all you can eat buffet. What do you what's your preference, Like, what do you feel like eating today? Like I just know coach Quinn and when I look between Trey Amos, he could be kind of casual. Yeah, and I don't think Quinn likes that. And I just think when he sees Revel, that's what he likes.
Speaker 3: That's who he is.
Speaker 5: So with the twenty ninth pick in our mock draft, Washing Commanders are selecting Shavin Revel Corner from East Carolina.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I live by the philosophy of which player can you take that? Five teams behind you were going to scream obscenities when they say the name drafted.
Speaker 3: I think it's reveled.
Speaker 1: Love it. I like that.
Speaker 5: Actually, when other teams are upset that you took a pick, like when the Cowboys do it, it makes me really upset and I'm like, damn, that must be a good pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sometimes they take a player that does it, like Ceede Lamb. Yeah, they took ceed Lamb.
Speaker 2: I was like, God, how people feel like that? When we took Mikey Sammers Steel last Ye Steel, people were like, oh, like we want these guys. So yeah, totally that what you mean.
Speaker 1: This summer, seekek has your ticket to the best live concerts in the d m V at Northwest Stadium. Seek geek makes it easy to catch world conquering tours and high wattage performances from your favorite artists all summer long. Seekek has the best seat your seat for an unforgettable summer. From Rock Royalty to rap superstars R and B to country, fight it all on sea geek, the official primary taking me partner of Northwest Stadium. Summer concerts season officially starts with sea Geek. Jason Scrollper quick. So we just we're at sixty one here. Trey Harris is off the board, Arianta Erstrie off the board, Ari Thomas off the board, Tate Ratleige, Mason Taylor, Kevin Winston Junior, Prince Euman Yellon all off the board. Kind of a little bit of run on edge rushers. There some good football players gone, but I'm looking here in like the best available player in terms of guys available right now, according to PFF, Omar Norman Lot, who I'm I'm ready to fight all of you for this pick right here? Oh my Norman Lot defensive tackle from Tennessee, alec Al You Maynor from Stanford Maynard. This is my guy, Cam Scattaboo from Arizona State, Demetrius Knight and heck of a football player from South Carolina, and then t J. Sanders, defensive tackle from So did you.
Speaker 3: Move down a little bit?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got We.
Speaker 1: Got Dylan Simpson also running back from Tennessee. We got a lot of really good football players guys that I'm excited about. But I don't know. I love Omar Norman Lot. Have you watched the NC State game with Omar Norman Lot, Jeremy, do you watch that game? I have.
Speaker 4: Norman Lott's one of those guys that and I've said this about Piers too. I think the way Tennessee did their rotations hurt some of these guys.
Speaker 3: I mean because they basically.
Speaker 4: Did like hockey shifts, yeah, where you would get four new guys on the line. So I mean you look at Pierce's snap count or Norman lott snap count. I mean, these guys only probably like four hundred snaps and tread still left on the tires.
Speaker 3: The only thing that scares me a little bit.
Speaker 4: About Norman Lot is that a knee injury popped at the combine. And when I heard it, I started thinking back to I mean, I live very close to Tennessee, so I'm pretty close to the to the program. I remember him going out with knee things. It wouldn't necessarily knock him out of a game. It would just knock him out of a drive. And I remembered that, and that started to scare me. I will not fight you on Norman Lot.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 4: I don't necessarily know that that's a positional need. And when I'm looking at eye you manor I'm looking at Demetrius Night, who I think a year from now could replace Bobby Wagner. And I don't know that there would be a huge drop off, there would be in leadership, not necessarily employer. I have Night in the top thirty, so I'm higher on him than probably anybody.
Speaker 1: I think he's my fifty forty ninth player or something like that. So I really like him too. I really like Ohmre Norman lot I like Collins from Texas, Alfred Collins. He's wailer on this sport. And again, those defensive tackles maybe aren't a true need, but man, I think, oh more, Norman lot Is has the potential to be the best pass rushing interior player. And you know, Fred, You're talking about guys creating pressure from the a gamp. And I'm a little bit lower on alec Au Maynor. I think he's a little bit stiff. I've talked to Jason about this a lot. It makes me a little bit nervous about his play. But Demitius Knight, I love him. I think he the way he plays screams commander. His leadership style screams commander. My only question is it sixty one? Is that too high to take a linebacker and interior linebacker.
Speaker 3: The other two. If you like him, you love them, you'd I have the probat linebacker this y. Yeah. Can I try to sway you on l alu Manor go for it? Yeah? I tried to do it too. I love him and I love him.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: How many games of competitive football has elk al you Manor played in his life?
Speaker 1: It's a good question, actually, because he didn't. He didn't play a lot in high school, right, he was like a Canadian transfer four.
Speaker 4: Games in high school. Yeah, because he got hurt twice. Yeah, he came to America. He's a Canadian kid. He came to America with I call it the Canadian Exchange program because I don't know what it was called, but they brought him to America. He played in a high school in New Jersey. He got hurt in the summer his junior year, came back, I think, played a game, got hurt again, and then played three his senior year. He's played thirty one games of competitive football in his entire life.
Speaker 1: Let's let's go to receiver, guys. Let's let's a receiver else is available here.
Speaker 4: I think that's why you see him as so stiff as because he's still learning the position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he still learn a position. He's raw, but he got all the tools that you need. I mean, he's got the frame. He's a true ax it, he'll be a true.
Speaker 1: I mean he's by far the best. I mean, I like Jalen Royals a lot, but I like so the receivers available according to pff R Alecaumin or Jalen Royals, who I think is a good player, Xavier or Streppo, who I think after running a four eight is not.
Speaker 3: He's as fast as you logan. We want to know is playing people to keep him in the top one hundred.
Speaker 4: Yeah, seriously, be in the top one hundred of Florida of receivers from the state of Florida for me at this point.
Speaker 2: And then zaba Is Johnson also doing a good job of standing up there because.
Speaker 1: His film's good. So Xavier and Williams, I haven't actually a film. I actually have him as a running back as Isaiah Tesla, I like a lot. But the guy on this list that speaks to me, that speaks to the receiver in me is Troy Horton from Colorado State. Yeah, I think he's a receivers receiver. I love Tes Johnson, like, so this to me, like again, like this is the hard part about doing it on PFF is I have a higher grade on Troy Horton. I think he's a better football player than alec au Manor right now, and again I agree with Jeremy that there's probably upside play without value men or in terms of right now, like that's the guy that I would go with. And again he's one twelve on this board. It seems a little bit low to me at the moment, but yeah, that's that's my sure.
Speaker 2: I just think truly thinking about this roster, thinking about the guys that's available, the guys that's left. I know y'all not gonna agree with this one, but I sell it now. I can sell water to a well I check this out. We got Elijah Auroral Now, I like him as a true whippon at the tight end from Miami. Add him to this roster, letting him learn from zach Ertz. I think you planning the future seed there with a guy that I can use this year in a couple of packages. I think I think I think he gives safeties hell. I think he gives linebackers hell. I just think he is. He reminds me, you're gonna love this one of a faster Chris Cooley. Now serious, he reminds me of a faster Chris Cooley. Like Cooley was always one of them guys, even if I was studying my own teammate. You worry how do he get opened so much? And he has the little sub of teas about him that he would look like he's literally falling out of his break and he will come clean. So I'm all in on a roar. I would take tight end over received with their off of just value.
Speaker 1: To this team. Yeah, but then I look to your point, Alec Elijah Royo injury History one year of production. I look at Terrence Ferguson, love him, Harold Finn and Junior kind of you know, I'm on the fence about him.
Speaker 3: Bad body. Let me say what you guys say.
Speaker 1: About a bad body. Just frolled down a little bit, dude, I tell you, did I tell you that I watched Mitch Evans the other day.
Speaker 3: Jeremy, you did? Did you fall in love with him?
Speaker 1: I fell in love with him. I fell in love with him. I think he's a heck of a football player and he made my top one high.
Speaker 4: Mitchell is so a few years ago when the Ravens took Mark Andrews and Hayden Hurst, I absolutely killed the Hurst pick. And I said in my draft grade that year, you draft today starting dot in. You just did it in the third round, not first. And he reminds me he's got that nuance that that Andrews had. He's not athletic really at all. Yeah, but he can get open in this league. He's big body and got really good dude.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. When I watched him, that's exactly. It reminded me so much of Mark Andrews. I was like, this guy has the ability to He's not the best athlete, but he catches the football well. He's got some some good kind of snaky type feel. So. But I but my point is with tight end, I think there's guys later that you get. We're on offensive line here, and a guy that I really am very very.
Speaker 3: High on is Joanna mak his Imbo.
Speaker 1: I like him, no, but I was gonna say Jonah son of Aea from Arizona as a guard to me seems like really good value. I like him a lot. I like Ozzie Trapillo as well, but I think this is I think they have him as eighty six here Jeremy on this board. That seems a little bit low for me. What do you feel about Jonah son of Aea?
Speaker 4: Savanya is one of the at least for me, he almost looks like a Madden created player. Yes, because nobody that big should be able to move the way he does.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: The problem that I have is, Okay, so he's that big, why is he not stronger than he It's a good point.
Speaker 3: Because he gets beat we get into one one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when when when we're in tight and I think he's a guard, I con him at guard. He's okay with him here at sixty one as a guard. I just see him in short area. He's gonna come up and I'm trying to think of the best example of who I can say anyone, and I know it's a.
Speaker 3: Guy you like.
Speaker 4: He comes up against Land and Jackson, and Land and Jackson is going to throw him around like a rag doll. It's a good point, but I do like him a lot as a guard.
Speaker 3: I like Marcus. I say, is he medic convicting? Is he more of I got this size? Won't you just move me inside and let me thry.
Speaker 1: I think that's it.
Speaker 5: But so why I'm just asking questions here, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Uh so we looked at our Marion Hampton, he's gone, right, Why are we not looking at running back?
Speaker 3: Because we still don't get a guy.
Speaker 5: It's too deep and you're not getting a top tier right one of your done here.
Speaker 4: I want to get into that double of Giddins and r. J. Harvey so we can argue about which one of those we like one hundred times.
Speaker 1: So for this pick, I'm I'm one hundred thousand percent. Oh my Norman lot like there's like I I that's what I want. I know it's not a need. I think he's a disruptive, dynamic football player, and I think he could be the best pass rushing interior player. Fred, you were just talking about how important defensive tackle pass rushes.
Speaker 3: We have a guy we just signed kid, which I don't care say it.
Speaker 1: We're drafting best player available. He's the best player available.
Speaker 5: We have to talk about edge. Can we just go through some of the edges for the people?
Speaker 2: You can plain that for no, he can literally play. Kyle Cannard is actually somebody, don't I mean, people talk a lot about because I think he get overshined by the middle lineback and a couple of more guys in your own defense. But I think he could play.
Speaker 1: Offso yeah, what you got?
Speaker 4: I like Canard was he was a transfer into South Carolina and he won both places that he was.
Speaker 3: Can I make a pitch on a guy?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, here what we got?
Speaker 3: What you got? Just Sia Stewart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at sixty one, all right, let me let me, let me. I'll just make the pick because you're not gonna get him at one twenty eight.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's when we're picking.
Speaker 4: If dan Quinn was not the coach of the Commanders, I would not be making this pitch.
Speaker 3: But I'm going to.
Speaker 4: And it's the same premise of what I told you with with Jalen Walker. Josiah Stewart wins as an EDG rusher over a twenty seven percent patch rush win rate last year. He is small. I think he plays linebacker. I think he's going to be an edge in that five man bear front and he's going to be evil to deal with because you put him out at nine tech and you've got to get a big offensive lineman that's got to get in front of that kid. If he gets his hands on him, he's gonna be in trouble because he is smaller. But I also think he can play linebacker. And I'm looking at how d Q used Micah Parson's going. He's not Micah, but he's got past rush chops that are serious.
Speaker 2: But it's so one sided with his past was compared to his run stoppability, and this is what we had good against.
Speaker 3: Let's look for its size of Yeah, for his.
Speaker 2: Size, but that's the one thing that we tried to do this off season was get bigger. We understand Philadelphia is in this division. Number one thing was to get bigger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I look at, like, what's the difference betwe between him and David Walker? You know, like David Walker to me is a heck of a football player, kind of undersize, brings that same stuff you got Baron Surrell later, who also has Again, I think Stuart I understand what you're saying, and I think he is a special pass rusher. But he also ran a four to eight at his pro day, which is a little bit slower than I'd like. But man, like, is he different than David Walker from Central Arkansas in any meaningful way. Who's going to be there later?
Speaker 3: David Walker was what's that?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 4: Girl's Sydney Sweeney, the actress. Everybody tells me how attractive she is and that I should like be in love with her, and I cannot figure out why it is that everybody's just drooling over her. That's David Walker for me. I want to love him, I really do. I went to the Senior Bowl desperately wanting to love him, and every single rep I watched I just never could find.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to.
Speaker 4: Say I don't like him. I would be looking. I think David Walker should be way closer to that picket two o five than that picket one twenty eight.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man. I don't think he lost a rep at the Senior Bowl.
Speaker 3: I don't think we gonna get along on this second rap vamp. I don't think we want to be shuck.
Speaker 1: These are the guys i'd say. I'd say Omer Norman lot like I'm in on that. I think I'm in on Demetrius Nighting too, and we haven't talked about him from be Love to me. I think he's a good football peach.
Speaker 3: I think he's one player we can agree.
Speaker 1: I think he's a commander. And so if I can't see you guys on Norman lot like I think Demerius Knights.
Speaker 3: I can't believe none of y'all want to go with Aurorer. I know he.
Speaker 1: I just think there's other good tight ends. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I just don't think anything. That's where I'm at. I guess what. I don't think it's any other tight ends that do what he does.
Speaker 1: I look at Terrence Ferguson and his his rs like you can.
Speaker 2: Talk about Ferguson in the last couple of weeks. That's your dude. I know you. You want to say him to all thirty two teams. So I just think a Roarer brings the uniqueness.
Speaker 1: The injury he does.
Speaker 4: Now I will say that he's the fast without a doubt, he is the fastest tight ending in this class.
Speaker 3: He is a matchup nightmare. He's sixty five.
Speaker 4: And can fly, and he was beating corners routinely at the Singer Bowl. Now I understand what.
Speaker 2: You bring him and zach Ertz on the field at the same time, and I can move him. He can become my move tight end, and I can do things with him that I cannot do to anybody else. He's a He's one of those pieces that we have to alert on defense.
Speaker 3: Is in the game.
Speaker 1: I just look in the game. I just look at him compared to like Aronde Gadstone. I'm like, is there a huge difference between those two players? Is there a huge difference between him and Terrence Ferguson, Like, I think to meet your siting is a special football player.
Speaker 5: So we started off this conversation.
Speaker 1: It's gross, Yeah, it's true. It's it's a little bit shallow, and I think there's more tedands.
Speaker 5: We started off the conversation talking about lak a manor doesn't wide receiver? Like do you think that the wide receiver's deep enough that you could take a flyer later round?
Speaker 3: Because it's ty Fieldton To me, he's the top.
Speaker 5: One left on my board, my person.
Speaker 3: You know how I feel about him?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like him, I really do.
Speaker 2: But I'm just at one of them points where where do I want the whipping to be. Do I want to add the whipping to the outside or do I want to add the whipping to my I guess you a call to tie in to your my interior, and I would really add it to my interior.
Speaker 3: I believe I.
Speaker 2: Could find a veteran that can do what a minor can do, but I don't know if I can.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about a you Manor compared to Torry Horton.
Speaker 2: I'm in love with our Manor and I ain't never gonna say his name right, but I'm in love with him because when I first started watching him, I was like, I asked myself how much football had this guy played? I love to get players that this. It's a clean sheet, like, he doesn't have bad habits. So that's why I can tell you've been coach well. But he haven't played enough football, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: Where his ceiling is. I think he got a very very high ceiling.
Speaker 5: So with a linebacker. Now, yeah, okay, so your argument of.
Speaker 1: Before you got swift, before you go, I got a question real quick. Yeah, So are you guys both in on alec alu manor? Here? You guys both in on it.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna take him here because I really have Aurora. I'm just being honest.
Speaker 3: I'll for me.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at that pick at one twenty eight, going what is the percentage chance, I mean, all you manners here, he's thirty five on this board, he's here at sixty one. What are the chances of Tory Horton's on the board at one twenty eight? And I can get whether it's Fred's guy with Arroyo, whether it's Demetrius knight whether it's it's your guy Logan with Omar Norman Lot, I can get a player at a position that I am not going to be able to get another player. Yeah, and I get Tory Horton at won twenty eight, So I would say, I'm not I'm not going to fight you on on ay you manor.
Speaker 3: But I think I would rather wait and try.
Speaker 1: To get So this is what I agree with Jeremy, that you would find the receiver later. Yeah, yeah, especially you can find a defensive tackle later too. Like as much as I like Omer Norman Lot, and I think especially you can find defensive tackle later. I can get j J. Pergeese and you can do that, feel rown, But so is it is the pick. It's between meet Jametrius Nights Knighting and Elijah Royo. Sounds like for you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I got Bobby Wagner.
Speaker 2: I got Frankie Louvu, I got my draft pick from last year, Jim McGee, Joey McGee.
Speaker 3: So I'm not gonna forget about my last year. Drea Pitts.
Speaker 1: What I would say is is, don't let what you have on the roster stop you from if you if you think it's a special player. Yeah, don't don't let it prevent you from doing that.
Speaker 3: All right, let me try to say my last pitch. He got my last pitch to you out.
Speaker 2: All right, we're playing Philadelphia Week four.
Speaker 3: We're in the red zone.
Speaker 2: All right, they're gonna double zach Ertz because they know what happened last year. We bring a worldwady in the game, we move him in motion across the line of scrimmage. All right, Debo is in the backfield. All right, we flood the right side of the field. I'm just saying, we flood the right side of the field. They're looking at zach Erz there looking at Debo. But guess who comes open Aurora.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying this dude's been injured his whole career and.
Speaker 2: We're not asking him to play full time because he's a backup.
Speaker 3: I want to take a he's a backup. Whoever we pick right here is gonna be a backup.
Speaker 1: True, but you got Jeremy Jeremy.
Speaker 4: I will say, Fred, you're an excellent salesman because it's a good passed Dislike Arroyo. I don't want anybody to think my problem is I'm not sure how Arroyo and Ben Sennett played together.
Speaker 3: I'm not worried about it. This ain't a feelings game.
Speaker 1: You were just talking about how you gotta worry about your draft pick.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I did laugh when he said you can't forget about your fake last year. Ben sentence online too.
Speaker 3: I haven't forgotten about it. Being sentate, I love being sentate. He don't bring what this guy brings to the tap. They are two different. To the difference, true, they're different. I agree. I agree with everything he said.
Speaker 4: Look, Fred has convinced me I will not fight on Arroyo. I do kind of want to pound the table for Demetrius Night, because I think linebacker gets Gnarls Barkley in this class so fast, especially if you don't like linebackers that are five to ten.
Speaker 1: I'm Demetrius Knight.
Speaker 5: I think it's Demetrius Knight, Fred only because of what Jeremy just said. It gets real, real thing, real quick, and there are tight ends.
Speaker 3: What were we are hit for? Wonts not needs?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not saying it's a need. I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: That player and I think he is your heir apparent.
Speaker 3: But we're not gonna pull the trigger because it gets scarce. They ain't what we're doing.
Speaker 2: We're not putting the trigger on the linebacker because it's gonna get scarce in the.
Speaker 1: Field in the sixth Fred, you've been voting.
Speaker 3: It ain't the first time. It's not the first time.
Speaker 1: I think we all like a royal. I like a royal. I understand I do like a royal. I don't love a royal.
Speaker 2: I don't need the lover to be with her. My granddaddy didn't love my grandmama all the time. They held it down.
Speaker 5: Well, thank Clyde, we don't have an actual clock because we went way.
Speaker 3: I bet, oh yeah, that would have been one that like they've gone five picks. They would have Minnesota vicing.
Speaker 5: This what year was it where the team, uh Minnesota's showed up? And when that happens other teams just pounced. They just start throwing cards in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was the quickest three picks in the NFL because Baltimore went real thugs.
Speaker 5: Do you think that I've thought about this? Do you think that they have like an emergency like person sitting by with like a clock. Yes, right, that's just like here are the guys, and you toss him out, go to it. As soon as that clockhags here, you're running these cars, run like.
Speaker 3: We won't have this happen again. The NFL was humiliating on mid day, all right.
Speaker 5: So Demetrius Knight, junior linebacker from South Carolina. We want them to learn from Bobby Wager Fred's Fred's likes the player, but not happy with the with the pick right here, because I.
Speaker 3: Like a player. Yes, don't get it wrong, if.
Speaker 1: We so either either way we went. I just I have less questions about him as a player.
Speaker 4: All right, So we got two of my top thirty players with one pick that was barely in the top thirty.
Speaker 3: I'm personally very happy about it too.
Speaker 5: So Jeremy, while I'm making this pick, while I'm selecting Demetrius Night, junior linebacker for South Carolina, why don't you give me the elevator pitch on him for our listeners who haven't watched him at.
Speaker 4: All, Demetrius Knight feels like he's trying to prove something on every single down. And now the knock on him that at least I've heard is that that defensive line at South Carolina was so good that it allowed him to just flow to the ball play clean. That's why I like him so much with Washington. I think that those three gigantic defensive tackles that you got with Ken Law with drawn with Johnny Newton allows him to do that in Washington. And you've also got him learning from Bobby Wagner, who is as good at that as any linebacker probably in an NFL history. So you've got a guy that can mentor him and is really good at that. I don't think there would be a drop off a year from now. I mean, look, Bobby's what thirty, I think he's might you're younger than.
Speaker 3: Me, I think, and.
Speaker 4: I'm good with that. I love what Night brings to the table. He's an elite run defender, holds up in coverage. I think you can even rush the passer from time to time. He's a little too aggressive and he's an older guy. But that's really the only two knocks. I love the game. It is just he's twenty five years old.
Speaker 2: I've ben say, y'all just drafted somebody gainst the granddaddy to put on the team and talking about infusing the team when you.
Speaker 1: You wanted to draft the ten man over here. So calm down, just really, Oh, Mike.
Speaker 4: I will say, I'm now so Sikima and Connor Rodgers called t J. Sanders bull Rush McIntyre. I'm never not calling Demetrius Night gangster granddaddy.
Speaker 3: From that's his name for now.
Speaker 1: My goodness.
Speaker 5: All right, we're on the clock.
Speaker 3: Now round?
Speaker 5: What round? Are we in?
Speaker 3: Four for one?
Speaker 1: Eight?
Speaker 5: A lot of the guys we were talking about, oh we can just get them later, they're gone. Of course they're going how the draft goes. But that's okay. You go show us to that logan, talk us through who's left here and start.
Speaker 1: Gunnar helm is on here, Tied End from Texas, who I am not a big fan of, but people love him, people absolutely love him.
Speaker 2: Had I had a man chrish on did you early in the year until he worked out, until I seen him when he shirt out and then it was like no, but I still think you.
Speaker 4: Couldn't block Grants. He could not block gangster Graham. Mom, that would scare me.
Speaker 1: The next The next guy is Benjamin Errosik, tight end from Jojia, who actually like quite a bit. He good in the run game. He's got a little bit vertical juice. I like him as a player. Will Howard for quarterback of myhow State, Sebastian Castro safety corner from Iowa, John Quin Johnson from Kansas, and well running back Jock West Hunter, Miles Fraser guard from LSU. I like him quite a bit. Tess Johnson's on the board for Shard Smith. Come all down. I love him. I heard there's some character stuff. Jalen Rivers is a tackle probably going to play guard, who I like a lot, just because he's played a lot of football. He's physical, is all outdoors and just kind of gets it. I said Bondstall on the board. Uh remember the receiver who said he's gonna run a four two at the combine around.
Speaker 3: The fourth four. I thought he went four to three.
Speaker 1: It is four three eight. I think so good running back? Do I like him better than.
Speaker 3: He's a dumpster fire between the Ears.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me ask you this, how do you feel about one guy that I just keep bringing up and everybody keep just saying, Okay, you guy. What about Rocket Raheem Sanders from the South Carolina. I think Big Faz scroung ain't nothing he can't do. He can catch, he can pay his block well round it don't get no love in his draft.
Speaker 3: But I think I don't know why either. Diamond Indy Rough.
Speaker 2: I thought I was looking at Stephen Davis junior.
Speaker 3: Junior.
Speaker 1: Scroll up a little bit, Jason. Sorry, we'll just tell a little about God. We're okay, he's just got We're back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we're back.
Speaker 1: So scroll to the top of the running backs. So this, if you're looking for running back value now, I think would be an interesting time. So Dark Hunter running back from Auburn is a physical, hard nose, downhill kind of guy, kind of a one speed kind of guy. Yeah. Jayden Blue from Texas pass catching back, Richard Smith pass catching back and VERTI wide receiver. I really think he could be a special weapon in this offense. Trevor Atien, like we just talked about, Cale Mullings, is a bigger downhill kind of guy. Converted linebacker that only played one year of running back. And then Kyle how do you say his name? Mona guy guy I think is a again a hard nosed, blue collar guy. And then Basil Tuton is a guy that I think is explosive. He could hit the home run, but a little bit up and down with the vision. And then Jordan James to me is one of the better running backs in the class. And then Fred's guy, Raheem Sanders is at two point forty on this board, So I guess the point I'm bringing up here is. And then you got a Crosskey Merritt, the running back from Arizona, say that he's excellent, So I don't know, we need to take a running back here. To be perfectly honest with everybody.
Speaker 4: Raheem would be right on. We were fine. Look Rocket Sanders. Now I will say the only thing about Rocket Sanders. I'm gonna go to my team doctor. I'm gonna grab him by scrate and I'm gonna say I want you to do. I don't care if you have to give this kid a colonoscopy. I don't care what you have to do. You will clear this kid before I draft him, because I saw him we were at the L s U game when they played L s U in Columbia, and I think he limped off to the sideline four times. Yeah, I need my doctor of unless you want to be doing physicals at an old pot from I need you to clear him and I need you to get it right.
Speaker 3: All he needs is some sweet tea in a hit o ZMP.
Speaker 2: He'll be I, He'll be I.
Speaker 1: You don't know.
Speaker 4: That's what I need to do, sweet d sweet.
Speaker 3: Team makes everything better. I don't know which one of Zipek is. I know it's not viagrant. I'm going to try it.
Speaker 1: Let's go Gosh. I like to attacker, so the one thing I wanted to call attention to is the offensive tackles here are interesting because I think Jalen Rivers is a starting caliber offensive guard.
Speaker 3: What about Jones?
Speaker 1: Emery Jones I think is a starting caliber defensive guard. Logan Brown. I like the idea of him more than I like the film of him. The athlete, the upside, the physicality. Chase Luntz, if we were pruning an outside zone, he'd be the guy here for me because he is dynamic in terms of movement skills.
Speaker 2: Aletic he screams Shannahan. Yeah, dre me, I am a Shanahan offensive lineman.
Speaker 3: And then he got San Francisco in my final monk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's perfect. That's like, that's where he should go. Yes, he is a scheme like that. You got any yeah, anything of it. Then you got Brandon Crenshaw Dixon. And then Jalen Travis is here at one eighty on this board. I have him in my top one hundred. He's the hundredth player for me. A little bit of a throw. I just see his skill set, I see his body. He's six', eight he's three, forty he ran a five. One he's got a thirty five inch, vertical he's got thirty five inch arms like that profile that plus starts to right tackle in THE. Nfl, Yeah SO i think that's something Where i'm kind of, LIKE i don't. Know to, me the safest pick here is the guard From, miami the tackle, guard but The Jaalen. TRAVIS i love him as a.
Speaker 3: Prospect so WHAT i Prefer Jalen travis To?
Speaker 4: RIVERS i agree with you. WHOLEHEARTEDLY i think The travis is going to be a.
Speaker 3: Tackle in this.
Speaker 4: League what you said About Logan, Brown he's The christmas present that we call This draftmas on my. Show It's Draft. Christmas we Send draftmas. Carols it's a great. Time Logan brown is the present from your grandmother that you shake it and it doesn't make noise and you, go that's a sweater or. Socks, yeah And i'm not gonna love it WHEN i open.
Speaker 1: IT i.
Speaker 2: Tissue that's WHY i would have to Go Emmery jones right, there because the one THING i know About Emmery, jones he does footwork to me is pretty.
Speaker 3: Good. YEP i can slide him. INSIDE i can slide in my.
Speaker 2: Side he blocked For jayde Dan, allad so he knows how to block for a quarterback that might not be where you think he.
Speaker 3: Should and with a what's the? Quarterback? Then now what's in h he could throw the ball pretty it would have been.
Speaker 2: Good so he's the blocked for a pant a pocket path and he's blocked for a running. QUARTERBACK i just think he had and he played high END sec. Football he'd the one THAT i, say you know, what he could be my swing.
Speaker 3: Tackle gord right, NOW i think he's a moment.
Speaker 4: He wanted to fight everybody at The Singer bowl. TOO i loved his. Fight, Yeah mobile really heavy in the pants. Too that kid's got an anchor THAT i think he's.
Speaker 3: A guard for a long time in this. Lake and you'll get no fight On Emory jones From i've.
Speaker 2: Been, saying, like instantly he becomes your number six offensive lineman and now whoever goes, out he'd come.
Speaker 1: In he'll can hear, You lucas just saw the. RECORD i Like Jellen. Travis if we want to Go Emory jones, Here i'm not going to fight you on. That let's Go Emery jones.
Speaker 5: Here, Yeah i'm a big fan Of Emery jones. Here bawler in The run game. Too, yeah knows how to pass protect For.
Speaker 2: Jada and he didn't block the Lynnon jackson's at The. World he didn't block The Gimes Pierce juniors at The. World he's just been. There he's blocked The walkers of The. World he's done it.
Speaker 5: Right and on The Command center podcast when we did our Safe space draft, Thoughts, yeah my theory of just draft linemen all the, Time, YEAH i think fits right.
Speaker 4: Here so, yeah Safe space draft. Thoughts, Yeah space last stand up special was the last stand up SPECIAL i did was called Dark thoughts From My Safe.
Speaker 5: Spence well that's about what it, was so would Say Emmer.
Speaker 3: JONES i Think Emi.
Speaker 5: Jones jeremy, said you weren't going to fight this. One you feel good about?
Speaker 3: It, Nope i'm.
Speaker 5: Great so everyone's happy in the draft. Room so with pick one on our mock, draft we're Taking Emery Jones, junior the tackle FROM. Lsu he's going to be a guard.
Speaker 1: For its probably a, guard, yeah but that has enough length and could.
Speaker 2: Play i'm gonna say whatever we need him to, do that's what he'll be ready to.
Speaker 5: Do you can never have enough offensive lineman, ever, never, never.
Speaker 2: Never that's WHY i love the. SHOPPING i love to shop In. IOWA i love to SHOPPING. LSU i love office Of.
Speaker 1: Lineman from these running backs off the board Here Basil tootin goes two o four to The Dallas. Cowboys it is so here we are pick two oh.
Speaker 4: FIVE i like Seeing Baseiel tootin go to The. Cowboys he's the kid that you create On. Madden it's a ninety nine speed and of four.
Speaker 1: Awareness yeah IT'S i, mean that's not a bad. Deal that's not a bad.
Speaker 3: When he got what we call him butt.
Speaker 2: Runners he runs right into the, butt like if if you don't see the, crease he gonna run into the butt of the guard and be right.
Speaker 3: There but he's not gonna set it, up that's for.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, no, Absolutely so let's take a look AT i, think let's, see let's go out right. Here this is. Interesting so all.
Speaker 5: Gets a little wild here in these things because it's just like quarterbacks start.
Speaker 1: Falling showing up. Here, yeah SO i think the edge, rusher like the edgrusher you had up, there can you pull him back? Up the guy at the, Top DIGGS i think is his name From, Syracuse Kalale Digs. Diggs he's got the, length he had a really good ten he had a really solid jump. Profile he does feel like a guy that if you look at What Adam peters did last, year you're just drafting for upside. Basically, yeah he's a guy that feels like he's got a lot of, upside like his best football is ahead of him kind of. Thing so if you're looking for an, edge it's a rotational kind of. PIECE i don't hate, THAT i MEAN i kind of want to look around at some other. Pieces.
Speaker 5: Yeah SO i want to say here, that like in the sixth and seventh, round like we're looking for a guy with some sort of superhero. Treat, yeah we can try and add him just a. Treat see if we can't maximize on.
Speaker 2: You, YEAH i Know logan doesn't, drink But Johnny walker is tempting right.
Speaker 1: There you Know i'm edge From.
Speaker 3: Missouri, yeah, yeah So i'm just saying he's. Flashed PLUS i Like Johnny.
Speaker 4: Walker Johnny walker led to my second, Marriage SO i.
Speaker 1: Have a little pretty. STOKED i might have a.
Speaker 3: Bias the last TIME i did, that it didn't go so. Well so.
Speaker 1: CLICHE i Think Roondre gatz is on the board, here tight end From, syracuse and as a guy that's you, know kind of a past catching developmental. Upside the receiver from go back To jason the receiver From. Auburn it's also, interesting Uh KeAndre Lambert. Smith, yeah he's got a little bit of vertical juice and play some special. Teams so CAN i get the?
Speaker 3: Prison i've been asking for the?
Speaker 1: Hole what you?
Speaker 3: Want, Rock Little Rocket sander's in my.
Speaker 5: Line Rocket sander's still sitting.
Speaker 3: Here Little Rocket sander's in my.
Speaker 1: Life AND i Take Jordan james Over Rocket. Santa you're in On john WHO i would not on which.
Speaker 3: One i'm With. FRED i would Take rocket Over Jordan.
Speaker 2: James i've, hunted especially when you're talking about running In december And november in THE.
Speaker 3: Nfc He's i'm Taking, Rocket.
Speaker 5: SANDRA i love that you camped them To Stephen davis here because he's got that kind of OLD nfl. Style, yeah but WHEN i.
Speaker 2: Say when he decides to go down, here he leans. Four you know how b rob runs with? That four would lean And Rocket santas is faster than be. Robbed And Steven day was with his fast.
Speaker 3: When he came.
Speaker 1: Out, byeah, man it's gonna get cold out, here you know What i'm. Saying But i'm on board.
Speaker 5: THAT i, like we're in the sixth round right WHERE i going.
Speaker 4: FOR i am really glad that none of you are fighting for. Uh Corey kiner, though BECAUSE i don't love running backs that need somebody to hold their car. Keys Corey kiner has like seven and three quarters inch, Hands and how.
Speaker 3: Do you function? It like how do you hold A Coca? Cola i'm gonna, say, faceball you can't eat hold The wappa with those.
Speaker 4: Hands so oh, no he, no he has to eat a Crystal. Burger he's got to get the little tiny Slider. Murger why do you have to get the little Mini coakes gonna?
Speaker 1: Have is there a safety can you go to? Say i'm on board up With Raheem, Sanders BUT i just want to see, Safety, no proud just wanted to check see if there's anybody here that caught my Fancy.
Speaker 4: Old there is One Caleb. Branshaw, old there is One Taylor. BRANZELL i.
Speaker 3: KNEW i knew that where you were. GOING i like.
Speaker 1: THAT i like this pick a little bit better than the running. BACK i, mean that's just me if you want to fight me on, It fred, LIKE i think he could play this.
Speaker 3: Kid the only one Reason i'm gonna, say AM i right? It just right?
Speaker 2: NOW i really Have Rocket sandra's BECAUSE i do have what's the name still on the? Roster Tyler, owins WHO i really.
Speaker 1: Like but he's So Caleb, Breakshaw, yeah, MAN i think he, Could, LIKE i don't know do we HAVE i can't have enough good cover cover guys?
Speaker 4: Though is That ransall is Like Ryan ransall plays That brian Branch he can play slot. Corn, yeah he can play. Safety you move him all over the first of. All him at two twenty one makes my head. Hurt, ye if we had put the twenty four and twenty five draft classes, In Caleb branzas should have been higher than to twenty.
Speaker 2: One can we all agree with? That if we take Ramside? White, now do y'all Think Rocke santa's is still beat in?
Speaker 1: SEVEN i, don't BUT i think it's a running, back so you can kind of pick her.
Speaker 4: UP i. CAN i will say, THIS i could Take rocket at two o five BECAUSE i Like Katan crawford And hunter Woll or, two so there are several safeties THAT i could get.
Speaker 1: DOWN i Like kton. Too he had a really good athletic profile coming out of the. Compound so do you want to go rocket or what's the what's the pick? Here what did you, Say, JEREMY i missed. It it was you said you could go you, go you go rocket here because there's two safeties you like, later, RIGHT i.
Speaker 4: Can go six LETTER r word either, way rocket Or ransall that, said either, WAY i will be very happy and and we can figure it.
Speaker 1: Out it Because fred's been talking about it so Much.
Speaker 4: Hey fred got burned on a, arroyo SO i can happily get. FRIEND i feel like this is a good mending of offenses after a, royo that we could rocket right, now we can all hold, hands say good bye and be friends.
Speaker 2: Again they really hurt my. FEELINGS i almost cried and mixed those tears with a little.
Speaker 1: Liquor yeah, right so rahem.
Speaker 5: Rocket sanders at the two o five pick in our mock draft the running back out Of South, Carolina, fred do you want to do a quick elevator?
Speaker 3: Pitch?
Speaker 5: While are you drafting here this whole?
Speaker 1: Time just another?
Speaker 2: One just, scrong run down, here Break texas can, catch can pass block.
Speaker 3: Everything we. Need we need, Young we need you fit the running back. Position he brings that. Youth there you.
Speaker 5: Go that's a that was one, floor one. Floor that was.
Speaker 1: Great uh all, right? Picked what is? This this is our last?
Speaker 5: Pick this is the last, pick two forty. Five we have not drafted an edge or a pass rusher, yet just an F, yi so do we even want to look that?
Speaker 1: Way look at? IT i mean you want to GO dp?
Speaker 3: Here there are a couple of edges THAT i. Like light. Everything he'll gonna be from T. MoU that's not entirely.
Speaker 1: True over here.
Speaker 3: You got d X s.
Speaker 1: Area there's a. Kid have you seen if you watched the kid From Tulane jeremy by any, chance the edge. Rusher what's his? Name, Hilton Hilton hambleton, anyway.
Speaker 4: See if he's on Your i'm SURE i watched him at some. Point if he's not on my, board, uh my board goes rather date E.
Speaker 1: So, YEAH i, mean uh he ran like a he's like he's six to, one he's two eighty read a ten to four at the? Combine all, right like in high school coming, out.
Speaker 5: We're talking about a guy That's Patrick.
Speaker 3: Jenkins is that you're talking?
Speaker 1: About, no ill up his? Name keep talking talking.
Speaker 3: Taking any football player lead Named?
Speaker 1: Jenkins Is Ronda gatson's on the board BECAUSE i do like him?
Speaker 3: Late, NO i think he went. Earlier what ABOUT. J. J? Pergeese is he still on the?
Speaker 4: Board no, Way, no he goes way. Earlier IN pff monks they like one Fifty Aiden.
Speaker 1: Huntington is that? Name ring a?
Speaker 3: Belt oh oh you're talking about the you're talking about the interior.
Speaker 1: Gay, yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah uh.
Speaker 3: He's washington's really hot on.
Speaker 4: HIM i think he's going to be one of those guys that the apiece calling in the seventh, round going all, right we're gonna bring In.
Speaker 3: CAN i see? Ye CAN i see y'all on?
Speaker 1: This? No, yeah go, ahead what's?
Speaker 3: Up let's Go?
Speaker 7: Dasmond watch you shut your listen to. Me four hundred pound push push? Stop were bringing me in only for push. Pushes so the guy above, Him Jaye, toy how do he say his?
Speaker 1: Name jay?
Speaker 3: Toa j toah j.
Speaker 1: Toa he's three forty five and he actually, plays then.
Speaker 3: He's actually good at.
Speaker 4: Football Desmond watson would be the greatest bookshelf.
Speaker 3: In, hey, listen he's only for one, play the test. Push we got him to. Eliminate he's the test push eliminade you never you never get.
Speaker 5: Because of The. Eagles, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well this is what you.
Speaker 2: Do you you compare yourself to the Super bowl, champion and if the Super BOWL champi have the unstoppable play AND i can get a guy that just can't be.
Speaker 5: Moving, yeah But i'm trying to make my team. Better not focus on what andno What i'm.
Speaker 1: Saying if you wanted to play in the, Draft i'm not focused Like jay twy is if you Watch uchele's, film, like he's the reason that swassingers like good at. Football this guy right, Here.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah he's he's A he's definitely a draftable pick for. ME i THINK i have toa like two o two or.
Speaker 1: Something, yeah he's a good, player. MAN i like him a. Lot so if you wanted to go toush push stopper like Obviously Desmond, watson that's his. Role but Like i'm, saying, uh do you see that defensive? Tackle, ACTUALLY i totally not to station actually use him plays. FOOTBALL i.
Speaker 3: Smooth i'll make a deal With, Yeah i'll try to sell this. Pick we Take Jay.
Speaker 4: Tower you want a six five that can get up to like four. FIFTY i am six. Five we can just feed me.
Speaker 3: For the next three. Months i'll build up the watching.
Speaker 4: Profile my knees are better than his two BECAUSE i haven't been for last eight.
Speaker 3: Years And i'll come in and be that touch push.
Speaker 2: Guy All i'm saying is in the seventh, ROUND i want a. Guy PROBABLY i need you to be great at one. THING i want you to be great at.
Speaker 1: One we look at other.
Speaker 3: POSITIONS i, Say Desman watson's great at one.
Speaker 1: Thing the, fact, yeah the fact that he's too oh that he's two ninety six on this. Board we got to talk To trevor. Man he's going through something at. HOME i think we Love trevor to him And, Connor, YEAH i Love. Trevor, yeah so just just have a little chat with.
Speaker 3: HIM i can't believe y'all turn down the tiss push.
Speaker 1: Stop. Dude Katan crawford, here that might be the. PICK i like him a. Lot, Ronde i'm ACTUALLY i don't. Know i'm Between Katan crawford And Ronde gatz and WHO i think goes higher than. This by the, way, dude he's he's six' five almost. Sixty six he's two, forty five. Two fifty he's a converted. Wide receiver he's got thirty four thirty three and a half inch arms like he ran a four to.
Speaker 4: Six five he's not a converted. Wide receiver he's like what he is still a wise receiver if they keep. Tailing us plays that.
Speaker 1: In Correct but, i'm saying if you want like a mismatched, type WEAPON that i. DON'T think i think. He's good like he. Played receiver he lined up in, the slot he lined up, in Line like.
Speaker 2: I'm, So, okay yeah this should make you happy for, YOU know i love sorry used to play, different positions and now THEY realized i could be THIS where i.
Speaker 3: Loved it Where's your where do you have?
Speaker 1: Them, Ranked, uh jeremy just out of CURIOSITY because i didn't know what to do. With, them yeah. Tight end.
Speaker 3: Let's see ronde's in my top.
Speaker 1: Two hundred yeah THAT'S what i was. GONNA say i. WANT again i like him, a LOT and i don't know what to do with, him exactly, but this to me feels like the guy you get a mismatch weapon learned Behind zach er.
Speaker 3: Mister band aid for my rural.
Speaker 1: Peak, it yeah actually this Is, he's, yeah okay THAT'S where i have. Him too so here the tight end in the room.
Speaker 5: Elevator PITCH why i.
Speaker 1: PUSH draft i just think you're looking for guys that can be. Mismatch weapons like that's the direction the position's going if you're not going to play. In line and it's so hard to find guys that can win, versus safeties win. Versus corners and he did that, in college AND so i look at THAT and i say, to myself like that's the kind of player that you wanted to learn and develop that has a similar skill set To zach ertz and you get him in the. Seventh round, good length, good size has good strength when, he Does like, jeremy said not a lot of stuff, in line but has. It there so, To me i'm in.
Speaker 4: On that so, all right Look, AT also i would Be Calling holland pierce to the second the. Draft ended how much money do you need to be a priority undrafted free agent For The.
Speaker 3: Washington.
Speaker 1: COMMANDER yeah i was, gonna say do you? LIKE him i Just Saw holland pierce is. The guy he's six eight and, a half he's he's three. Fifty six.
Speaker 2: Let's.
Speaker 4: Say, yeah yeah he Came to Rutgers At desmond. Watson size he was four eighty when he walked On at rutgers and got down to three. Forty two now he, looks Like, for god a thunder.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 1: Terrifying yeah, All right so this is. Our drafts, Round One shavon revel CORNERBACK. From ecu, Round Two demetrius knight and Linebacker From. South carolina Round Four, marius jones guard TACKLE. From Lsu Raheem, Emery Sorry Raheem, Rocket, Sanders Yes guy Carolina And ronde gatz in the second Me and jeremy's guy with our seventh. ROUND pick i feel really good about the developmental elements, of this and it shows to me that like people have a wide array of opinions in.
Speaker 5: This, draft yeah we didn't grab an. Edge rusher, yeah yeah even though we all said before that that was.
Speaker 1: A need but it's best.
Speaker 5: Player available you got to stick. To That guns ap set it up to not have to push for something. Like that so this is what you can end up with when you stay with best. Player available And.
Speaker 1: So fred thanks for, Joining, us jeremy thanks for. JOINING us i had way more fun doing THIS than. I thought we actually went about twenty minutes over that we, normally do so. Exture work appreciate you all. Coming, out jeremy we're.
Speaker 4: Paid off the landscapers outside did not start leaf Blowing until tan twenty And it's.
Speaker 3: Dan, twenty yeah.
Speaker 1: Perfect timing so where can the guys find you if they want more of? Your content? Real quick before we head.
Speaker 4: Out the sportsocracy, DOT Com nfl Draft.
Speaker 3: Dot net we Are In.
Speaker 4: Green bay that's actually why the leaf rapping, behind me because we're Headed To, green bay so we'll be there For Every. Pig live it's gonna be a.
Speaker 3: Good time. THANK you i have to say this On every.
Speaker 4: Commander show, thank you, thank you thank you to all the people that have come over to our channel and said really. Nice things it has made this big country boy feel real appreciated and warm.
Speaker 3: AND fuzzy i got, you, back brother don't you worry. About THIS sweet t And o zmpy And.
Speaker 1: So jeremy we have to talk to you after. The draft enjoy your time. Up There, And, Fred yeah i'll talk to you. Later today That Does Avery. Day show i'll, see, you guys say