Speaker 1: What is up my friends? Hello, everybody the Welsh lives. It's leading off right here on Fantasy Pros. I am the Welsh, that is the Joe Rico. I am back after a little bit of a hiatus. A Rico and Baba have been taking us through all September. Still are by the way, but I had been meant to be here for Mondays. Wasn't last week. But I am here and I am glad to see all of you and talk to all of you. By the way, Leading Off is brought to you by bet three six five. Use the promo code leading off that five bucks, get one fifty in bonus bets. You can go and do that today, get locked in over. I'd bet three six five and if you've got a gambling problem, called one eight hundred bets off or one eight hundred gambler. Oh yes, Joe Rico been holding down the fort with somebody.
Speaker 2: You're back like the terminator. My friend. Is good to see you. We've missed you on the show. We've missed you on the show. It's been a lot of fun getting to do shows with Bubba. But back into the old routine we had in July and August, getting to do some shows together. So we got what two more left this season together? Maybe one more if Bubba's on next Monday. So this might be our send off the two of us.
Speaker 1: I was about to say this. You didn't even think of that. Actually, yeah, this might be the last one you and I are doing. Yeah, the plan. It is crazy. I know everybody is dealing with, especially all the peanuts and cracker jacks that are still hanging live. It's good to see everybody, but like, it is crazy to think that the season is just about completely done. We've got this week. Some crazies out there. People play into next week. You people are insane, but you know you want to. It's a little bit less insane, I suppose we can be honest. It was crazy years ago because of the forty man roster designation that would happen in September, where the entire forty man roster would become available and then teams would just do like wacky stuff. It's not quite that now. Starting pitchers are a little bit eh, a little bit eh, you know, fore innings and stuff like that. Some bullpen open and whatever. But it's not as crazy. But it's still it's insane going through to the very end. But yes, we've got the rest of this week. The next week most likely will be Bubba and I on Monday, and then the final show as long as everything goes to plan next Friday. Just reminding everybody, Joe and I will do a great return for the final in season show that we're doing here on leading off, but lots of cool off season stuff will be here for you. I know Joe and I haven't I especially have I get the extra bonus points that Joe doesn't get. But we'll be here talking you through to the end of the season, getting you set into the off season and some more Arico and Bubba. Let's get into it, Joe, I'm excited to talk some baseball. It's been a lot of football lately, and let's talk about James Wood. Two for three yesterday, two solo homers, he had a walk as the Nationals beat the Marlins. Now with a two seventy three slash and almost one hundred higher OBP, seven homers, twelve steals, sixty six games. If you want to play extrapolation, you're probably in the vicinity of like eighteen thirty, eighteen twenty eight. We could almost with progression. Call this a twenty thirty outlook. As he's improved his strikeout rate, he's making better contact holding. The batting average I think is so so key, you know, a big thing with like, I don't know how people are going to walk out of this year with O'Neal Cruz. I think it's a smashing success. I think what O'Neal Cruz has done, even though he just got hurt, he's moved to centerfield to hit the batting average that he's had pull out a twenty twenty season. Thought he'd have more Homer's hand up and stuff like that. That's a big win. The same thing with James Wood, and we're getting into territory of talking about twenty twenty five a whole lot, and he hasn't quite got the love of the Churios and the Jackson Merrill. Probably maybe it's because it's not as deserved, but the improvement of the batting average, the power speed combo, it's really been awesome.
Speaker 3: He's been amazing.
Speaker 2: I mean, especially in a year where most rookies have fallen on their face and disappointed us, James Wood has been one of the few where you used a mid season pickup or you stashed him and it's actually paid off.
Speaker 3: It's a couple of little concerning things like the twenty nine percent strikeout rate. I don't love.
Speaker 2: In terms of the steals, he has twelve of them, but he's been caught seven times, so I'd like to see him be a little bit more efficient.
Speaker 3: But he's been amazing. And I think if.
Speaker 2: We're looking at early twenty twenty five stuff Paba did that early draft, I think he went at the end of the third round in a fifteen team or so, like the forty to forty five pick range.
Speaker 3: I think that's probably.
Speaker 2: Gonna be what we're gonna have to stomach if we want James Wood on our teams next year.
Speaker 1: You know, it's interesting Bachman and I have been doing this thing on the in This League Baseball podcast where we've been essentially assigning this talent. So two weeks ago, we did these are the first round players, not like, here are fifteen guys. No, it's these are the players that justify the first round talent. We came up with only thirteen of them. We then did the second round talent, and I think we ended up with like eighteen players. That kind of quantified second round talent, and then we had this fringy area. James Wood was kind of like not quite talked about in the fringe. He maybe but maybe he should be. And there were a few players and we're gonna talk about one of them, like in Cheerio Cheerio and Merrill. We did kind of just decide to graduate into that second round talent. Wood will probably end up being like a I don't know I had a third or fourth round talent. People are gonna extrapolate. You're probably the strikeout rate might cool him on projections, but it's gonna be some pretty big numbers. And twenty thirty. Man, you know, twenty thirty. You can't can't be hating on that. Also, Jack Or did Jeb Moore and James Wood.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, like the power, he might even be leaving a little bit on the table, Like he has seven homers in sixty six games, but fifty two percent hard hit, ten percent barrel rate, that could even be twenty five thirty home runs.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't really surprise me.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, he's leaving it on the table, as is O'Neal Cruse. I'll come back to that too, like O'Neil Cruz has sacrificed. I think some launch angle an attack for really good batting average, and then I think the next step is going to be to get the ball back in the ear more. When you hit the ball like one hundred and twenty miles an hour and you have like, you know, huge average evs and max evs like that, you're leaving power on the table. Cruise is leaving and I think James Wood is doing it in the same way. We just see like a common thing with rookie young players is like getting the ball in the air is a problem. You'll see launch angle be the thing that is struggling when they have like you know, really good barrel rates and really good hard hit rates and stuff like that. One guy has not had to struggle with it is Jackson Surio three for five, three run homer, two run triple against my d Backs yesterday. Homer was his twenty first and this is a shoutout to Rotal World for putting this together, placing him twenty first all time on a list of players that are twenty or younger. With I think it's that they didn't finish their sentence of twenty twenty the twenty five if he were to hit twenty five homers would put him in the tie him with Eddie Matthews and Orlando Subpita. He's also now fourteenth on the RBA I list for twenty year olds, which puts him in like ridiculous territory. Everybody, this is the time of year where we're like, you know, putting like this guy's in this list and this and the jection ture has been absolutely incredible, and we put him as a second round talent for next year. I'm not sure how you feel about that, Like back end of the second round twenty five to thirty is probably going to be like an easy so like a third rounder and head to head twelve team, fifteen team roto probably the back end of the second round.
Speaker 2: He has such an amazing profile. Everything is, everything is amazing. He hits the ball hard, he steals you know, the in game power is good. He doesn't strike out a lot, the walk rate's pretty solid, not a lot of Babbitt pluck. Like there's nothing you can point to really to say like, oh I don't really buy this, especially.
Speaker 3: Being twenty years old.
Speaker 2: Like if we're talking about him as the number one overall player in fantasy like two or three years from now. I wouldn't at all be surprised by it. I think he's definitely going to be a second rounder. If you get him in the third next I'd be prett happy with that.
Speaker 1: George Kirby allowed one hit over seven innings. He combined with Matt Thornton and Edward Bizardo Edward Bizardo for a seven zero shutout over the Rangers. This stat also in rotal World. Kirby now six to zero with a point nine two ERA and eight career starts against the Rangers. So I mean, like there's a place just built in he's had rent free space in the Rangers head as Kirby keeps going kind of disappointing, Like the up and down of Kirby this year. I really thought he was gonna be a cy young contender, but he has still been, you know, pretty phenomenal in points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I thought he was going to take that step forward. I thought there was a chance that he could break into like that top three overall pitchers in baseball. But he's kind of if you look at the preseason projections, just pulling up what they had in the Fangrass projections preseason, He's kind of done like exactly what they were thinking pretty much. Three five, three six, type era, twenty three percent strikeout rate, solid whip. I've heard a lot of Mariners fans recently. I think it's because of the bad stretch that you had talked about how it was a disappointing season, but you know where I drafted Kirby. I find it hard to be actually disappointed in the production I've gotten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think a lot of it had to do with it was just like sky high expectations. Like I remember the moment for it wasn't everybody, it was for me, But it was like about ten months ago a little bit more maybe here at first pitch out here in Arizona and I'm on Rates and Barrels live show. It was me Eno and DVR, and someone asked the question because in the studio audience on the live show of like you know who if it's not I think they said, you know somebody, not Garrett Cole or whatever, who is the number one pitcher? And I had brought up George Kirby, And it was because of the command numbers and like Jason Collett was with me and we kind of had this long conversation around it where you know, a bunch of us were picking on, like, because there's different elements sometimes we're gonnaocus on. Sometimes it's going to be you know, obviously strikeout rate and pitchability. But it was like George Kirby's command master, and it was like, if he could just improve here, those command numbers could equate to him maybe being like an elite strikeout player number one in baseball, but he just still is inconsistent. You know, he just has those blow up games where you know he doesn't want to walk somebody and he starts pitching to too much contact and then it just gets blown up or whatever. Kirby's an interesting one. A couple of good guys that have definitely helped up fantasy teams as of recent David Peterson allowed four hits, one run with six strikeouts across seven and two thirds and a no decision against Philly. He had eighteen swing and misses, which was almost a season high. Also fourteen hard hit balls. I've seen that quite a bit lately. I was doing some CBS h Q hits talking about some pitchers with some really really big hard hit numbers. And then the other one with the Reds. Ret Louder allowed three runs on six hits, five and one third struck out five. They lost, but has a one point seven to four ERA over his you know, last four MLB starts has been great. He's kind of a if he threw ninety seven, he'd be a Kirby clone because he's a guy that likes to hit the zone. He struggled a little bit with that, got that wipeout sweeper slider. He's been throwing thoughts on David Peterson Rehet Louder right now.
Speaker 2: David Peterson is one of the hardest pitchers to evaluate in all of baseball. Like he's having the best stretch of his career to eighty five ERA, but it's come with a nineteen percent strikeout rate, a one point three to one whip, almost a double digit walk rate. I don't really trust him, I really don't. I know he's been mowing down solid teams here, but if I'm looking at lineups for the last couple of weeks and having to trust what he's done, I just don't know that it's really that sustainable. Everything below the surface is a little bit concerning for David Peterson unless he gets the strikeout rate back up to where it was because he was an elite not maybe not elite, but twenty six twenty seven percent strikeout rate down to nineteen, I just don't feel a lot of safety throwing him out there. For Louder, he's also been good, but you know, he's really and he's a younger guy, so it's a little bit different, but he's way out performing his expected metrics, not a lot of strikeouts. So both of them kind of make me nervous down the stretch here deploying them over the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: To be honest, we're also in a point like in the chat was talking about you, just like I also people asking question here, question there, and it's like, it's the last two weeks. You just got to have a quick trigger finger. The thing that's really been working with the Mets. They are one of the hottest teams in baseball. That was the thing I did. I think it was Saturday. I did a hit on HQ doing a couple we were talking about maybe it was Friday, you know, I think you know it was Friday, talking about like Jacob de Grom's first start and a couple other things, and the Mets had just pulled off a win over the Phillies and they're like nine in one in their last ten and they're you know, their bullpen era had been solid, their overall era over the last thirty days had been money. There's just momentum, and sometimes momentum carries. So like, I agree, I agree. I'm always paying attention to underlying stats and overperforming and stuff like that, But when there's like, you know, two more starts to go and you have momentum on the side, I think Peterson's pretty fascinating. I think Louder is also pretty fascinating. And we'll continue, by the way, rest of the show talking about other ins and outs of players that might be helping you guys, you know, over this next week, because, like I said, just you go, oh, guys not performing yet, Bye bye bye. Injuries at this point, obviously, an il stint is a season ender, but any type of injury is warranted. So like I'm just gonna throw this out. Who put this question in here?
Speaker 3: R M.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing Garcia said, should I drop Kowser for win? Robless or Pete Crow Armstrong head to head points semi final, not Robless. Robless is on our injury report, so I would be scared about him. I might for Pete Crow Armstrong because he's been one of the hottest players in baseball. I got him on the list by the way to run homer victory over the Rockies on Sunday. I'm not looking at it this say. I think he's pacing out to like thirty stolen bases, just quietly having what a Nico Horner year. He is Nico Horner in the outfield, except he had a really bad stretch run. And I don't know why people don't perceive people perceive I think him in a worse light. Nico Horner always didn't have power projection, and he overplayed his stolen bases a bit, and I hated him this year as far as fantasy goes. But Pete Armstrong was free, has been free, has had absurdly low percentage ownership percentages up until two weeks ago. A week ago, so he has been a massive pickup. He's been hot. Pick up the hot hand right now. Still in base guys don't really help in points, but you know, a little bit of power is showing off scoring runs. I'm into Pete ro Armstrong right now.
Speaker 3: Oh, I am too.
Speaker 2: I think the reason people were more down on him is because it was just so bad initially offensively, like what he did last year, what he did the first half of this season. He had like a thirty six WRC plus for the first half of the season.
Speaker 3: He was not doing anything.
Speaker 2: I know, over the last month, he's a top ten fantasy player while playing some of the best defense in the league. I think that people are kind of just slow on the turnaround because of how low he was before. But yeah, he's only fifty six percent rostered on Yahoo. I'm sure it's even lower on ESPN and a little bit higher probably on CBS. But he's available. I wouldn't have any problem making that swap for Kowser.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would make that swap if you want to do that. That's a play to definitely go with two on the interesting column. And I'm pointing this one out because I literally this was the back to that TV hit that I did. I was literally talking about this and then I just kind of like laughed when I saw it after coming into a tied game. Rice el Iglesias, whom I just want to point out had not allowed a run since June sixteenth. He had had I believe, thirty four straight innings of not giving up an earned run. Gave up five runs in two thirds of an inning as the Braves loss to the Dodgers, which is crazy the not earned run. This is a note that Rotal World had, which was when he took his own is only lost in fifty nine appearances. This season's era still under two, but it jumped almost a full run. I just I like laugh to myself because we were talking about this, and I'm like, yeah, Risler Glacier has been absurd. Thirty four straight innings, he's been so locked down, and then probably most critical time, big playoff piece for people going into Championship week, he gets blown up for five and runs. I guess it wasn't a blown save situation, but takes a loss. I just thought that was fascinating with Iglesias. And do you think Iglesias is going to be like a top five closer next year? He's not going to be in the pricey price range, but I don't know, like he was around six or seven this year, so it's not going to be that much worse or that much better.
Speaker 2: I suppose even he should be close to a thirty one saves buck eighty seventy right point seven to two.
Speaker 3: Whip is just insane.
Speaker 2: So I feel like Edwin Diaz is probably going to go ahead of him because of the name value and a lot of leagues Class A will go ahead of him. Maybe hater he's top five, though he should be top five. It's funny the guy in the chance on the chat Glaciers lost me my championship yesterday. So I was away over the weekend with a friend and we were doing all these pickups for the head to head semifinals and like all right.
Speaker 3: Stream jpcars, stream, you know whoever else.
Speaker 2: Were talking, David fest and all this stuff, and it he was up seven to three with like a couple of games left, and I was like, all right, look, you look like you're pretty good. Riise Ellah Glacy has cost him his whole season yesterday is no whole season. Lost Whip by point one, lost e ra a. It's crazy, man. Head to head is all that it takes is just one bad ye outing and your whole season is done.
Speaker 3: It's awful.
Speaker 1: It definitely will turn you into cry baby Rodo, Like yeah, like we have those stories. Our friend group has those stories that our famous fam our little world was our bogman and I's friend will. He was up in the Championships Sunday night baseball Hunter Pence comes up, hits two homers in the game, we tie eight to eight, and I won because of tiebreakers in the regular season. So he would change his team to like eight dash eight would be his team name, like never for these are the things that these are your villain arcs, this type of the season. Bt Fouts Iglesias is his villain arc right there. Can you imagine? It's just such a brutal blow. The other fun piece, I still can't believe this is real. Helio Ramos hit a game tying homer in the ninth inning yesterday on Sunday. Giants ended up losing, but that wasn't the story. Ramos became the first ever right handed hitter in the history of Oracle Park to hit it into the right field bay, to hit it over into the water, the first right handed hitter ever. I can't I isn't like twenty five years this day?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Am I wrong about that? With a stadium that's a crazy, crazy stat to me. And it was Helio Ramos. So I'm glad it was like a giant that did it in their ballpark. But I don't know, that's one of those that you've heard on just like I don't know, it doesn't seem real to me. Someone has to have done it. Nope, it was Helio Ramos yesterday.
Speaker 2: You were you're a San Francisco guy, right, Was that the same park that was there when you were a kid?
Speaker 3: Or is it different park? No?
Speaker 1: It was Ah, what was I'm forgetting what it was? No, this, I don't think this was the same one that was there. I was made to say Candlestick, but that's the.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm just surprised, like Stanton ever did it once or just even like I don't know Pools in his prime, Miguel Cabrera.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, Like, how did no other right handed hitter like accidentally do this? At some point you're saying, I don't know many games Aaron Judge has played there. But that's but that's also like what's so uniquely special And it's a uniquely special baseball thing where it's like you can have this ballpark that's been standing there for X many years and something has never happened, and all this of a sudden boom boom.
Speaker 3: There you go. It is pretty wild, like Bonds did it. I guess.
Speaker 2: I guess a lot of their famous guys are left handed hitters over the recently. I mean, I guess it's just most yeah, I mean obvious, but it's still it's still bizarre, like it's I mean, it's hard. You know, it's a far distance, opposite field, but for it to have never I was very surprised. I think I saw you know, tweet about it, and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, it's just so crazy.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And twenty plus homer season for Helio Ramo so point another sneaky rookie in here. I feel so bad for pet Fouts, says, I can't think about it too much or I get a little salty about Ryce. E Iglesias also shout out to Travis first year following the Pod my first ever league win last night. That's awesome, and the official Mark yelling at us Peterson, you guys are wrong. I mean I brought up I actually defended, so I don't know if you were even listening because I just said, David Peterson is someone that has been good and you should follow the rest of the season because of momentum. So listen with the ears. All right.
Speaker 3: That was directed to me.
Speaker 1: I think, well, but he said you guys, So I'm going to take it personal. If you say you guys, that's not saying, hey, Joe, you're wrong. We would have moved on and I would have agreed with you, by the way. I would have agreed, yes, Joe is very wrong and he should be punished. But you said you guys. So there you go, three up and three down. On the up. Three players on Sunday hit some double dongs. We had James Wood who we talked about, Michael Bush and Riley Green. Michael Bush sneaky, sneaky this whole year. Did you have a stat line up here? I don't want everything to break apart in my computer if I do this, but I feel what is it twenty something? Homer just absolutely. He was a big preseason guy for me, and then he just kind of got boring and fed down. Give me those numbers.
Speaker 2: So over the last week, by the way, number one overall fantasy player over the last seven days, but for the season, as a whole, seventy one runs, twenty homers, sixty three ribbies, two steals in a two fifty seven batting average.
Speaker 1: That's pretty solid, pretty solid, very solid for free. That's the other thing for free. Also Kid Povich yesterday five innings, struck out eight. Love a little bit up and down, a little bit moving through here, but Kid Povich is making it work. Christopher Sanchez went seven, struck out seven, continues to do it on the three down Cad and Dana three and one thirds, gave up five earned runs. Bel Cal Quantrill went two and one third, gave up only two earned runs and walked six. Blue Mark Vientos over four with four strikeouts. I believe the golden sombrero. Do we ever figure out? Is it platinum sombrero? The over five with five strike down?
Speaker 3: I think it's platinum. Yeah. I wonder if anyboy's ever had that over six with six strikeouts. I don't even know what we'd call that. Probably never happened before, or maybe that, Oh, I.
Speaker 1: Cant think of it, but I don't think we can say it on the show. What we would call that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: And by the way, it's okay. The official Mark he says, my bad Joe is very wrong. That's what we were David, David and Peterson. He is in for it next week. We just want to point that out. On the injury front, there was a lot of them, and I'm not advocating to any of these things. I'm about to say that you cut these players, but if there's any like ambiguity about the timeline, you have to make tough decisions, but just follow it. Francisco Lindoors undergoing an MRI and his back on Monday. That is critical. He is absolutely critical to this team. Onneil Cruz, this is kind of where I'm leading to. He left Sunday's game against the Royals with left ankle discomfort. Monitor that because you don't want to do it, but like, if he's gonna miss the week, you know exactly what you need to do. Victor Roeblis, this is another one. He came up earlier. He left Wednesday's game against the Rangers on Sunday with an apparent injury. We'll probably find out news about that, so I might have to do that. Diamondbacks, they activated Gabby Mourno from the ten day and then place Paul Seawald on the fifteen day if he had not already been cut Bye bye bye bye. Don't need Paul Seawald anywhere. And the Phillies activated Alec Boom. Alec Boom back critical for that team. That Mets Philly thing has just been just a ton of fun just to watch it. I like seeing these teams like bounce back up. I feel like the NLS has just been h you know, like the Dodgers have been kind of weird as of recent The Diamondbacks over the last thirty days have the worst bullpen era and all of Baseball Padres have not. I thought what the Padres did in the trade deadline was like, Oh, They're leading up to have this incredible, massive run with this bullpen, and it just hasn't. Robert Swarez blew a save last night and then Adrian Morion, Adrian Morion had to get the save. They traded for Tanner Scott Jason Adam. They've got Robert Swarez and Adrian mo Morion is getting saved. That's not how that's supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Robert Suarez, I mean, for the season as a whole, he's been very good, but over the last like I don't know, maybe month or so things have not gone as well for him. A few blown says yeah, with the last month six to seventy five ERA one fifty nine whips, So you know, the Rodo people won't mind. But like you mentioned earlier, the head to Heead people might have some beef with Robert Suarez.
Speaker 1: I like this Fenway six k's is the vibranium some brera. That one makes me laugh because I'm a nerd. And then Michael said the dfade sombrero that also these definitely makes sense. Has there ever been a player that has struck out more than six times in a game? What's the most strikeouts a single player has had in one game, not like a double header on the day, but like a singular game which obviously went to multiple innings. What do you think it is?
Speaker 3: I would say probably five or six, but I want to.
Speaker 1: Say someone has struck out seven times. We should look that up for like the next show. I just want to know.
Speaker 2: So, most strikeouts in a game as a batter, Carl Carl Wheelman fifteen in in game though in nineteen thirteen he strugg Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's okay, extra innings is okay?
Speaker 3: How many six times? So it looks like six is the most in a single game.
Speaker 1: Wow, there's never been seven.
Speaker 2: Done most recently by Jeff Jenkins of the Milwaukee Brewers on June eighth, two thousand and four. So it's been twenty years. Is assuming I'm looking at the right data here, I think it's I think it's six.
Speaker 1: So we should call that the perfect sombrero. I think I have the name. It's like the perfect game, the perfect sombrero. It happens like once every like twenty years, and then seven would just be, you know, the all time worst goat. I mean, we say Brandon Mott, Wait, hold on, look at this. Benway says Brandon Moss seven times in a game in twenty thirteen. Sam Horns seven times in a fifteen game in nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 2: According to chet woh chat GBT. So probably hopefully right, but you never know, you never know.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm calling the set one of those is the perfect sombrero, and it might not need to be seven. That's I don't know. That's Those are the things that keep me up at night, by the way, like I just wonder about those awesome things, like what could have been, Like who did something so horribly bad that we can't get out of it. Hopefully we can do something so amazingly good friends, let's talk about some bets. Let's get in on it for the best Bets of the day with Yeah, how funny is this when you two are there and it's like literally neither one of these two are on that you guys have been having fun with that?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: It is the best bets of the day, our three favorite bets, and mister Joe Rico, let's start with you. I'd also point out if people haven't like picked this up when we talk about the best bets, it's something that there's a fantasy implication in it as well. Obviously if we're taking certain prop players just want to throw that out. But what do you got on your best bets of the day?
Speaker 2: So I'm starting off and I think we might be on the same page here with Paul Skeins over six and a half strikeouts, it just feels like a very low number. He's pretty consistently going over and at worst he's been getting like six strikeouts in the game. It feels like a pretty safe bet at minus one zero five for Skins over, and I'm going with Redebtmers to record the win. These are always a little bit trickier, but he's looked great against two awesome opponents in this first couple starts out, he gets the White Sox as long as he's able to go five six innings.
Speaker 3: That Penn behind him is.
Speaker 2: A little bit of a concern, but the White Sox are just a joke. I feel like Red Detmer' is a plus money to get the win is a pretty pretty safe bet. And then Antonio sends a Tella who's making his season debut tonight at Cors against the Arizona Diamondbacks, who I mean, they've been like the best offensive team in baseball this year, arguably at Coors, a guy faving in his debut. Sends a Tella who's never been a great pitcher really over two and a half earned runs at minus one thirty five. All those are bet three six five, And I'll add just quickly, if you're seeing Reed Debtmer's out there in like a daily pickup league for that start tonight, that's a pretty pretty nice stream you can get there.
Speaker 3: Only forty two percent roster right.
Speaker 1: Now, and Diamondback hitters would be a great shot. The only thing that's going to keep Sinstela off. This is if he's only doing like an opener, I don't know how it's two and a half. If they are gonna let him go a full run, I'm gonna play against that here as well. I like I like those bets, and I like you getting tricky with it too, Like the debtmers to record a win. I think that's a fun tricky one. So, as you mentioned, I'm we I'm tailing the Paul Skins one. He's facing the Cardinals twice this year. He struck out eight in both outings. We're on the back end of Like I'm not saying it is, but it's like, yeah, maximum three more starts. What if this was the last start and or you know, there's one more out of it, Like I think you go balls to the wall, is what I'm saying. So six and a half it is very reasonable. He's had some six strikeout outings, but he has gotten to the Cardinals quite a bit. It's minus one oh five. I like that number number two. Give me the Dodgers first five money line. You guys know, if you follow it all season long, you know me. I love my first fives. That's where I get most of my action going. I will say that the Dodgers' money line today is not a bad number. It's minus one fifteen or minus one fifteen one eighteen Yashanoba Yama Moto versus Max Freed. The Dodgers over the last thirty days have a over two sixty average against lefty, so they have been hitting it. It is also the Dodgers who have been lacking some consistency. But Yamamoto has been really good. I believe he's given up one earned run over his last four outings since being back. So I am or maybe it's three. I'm gonna go and back Yama Moto on the first five. That's a little bit more juiced. So I just need them to be winning. If they're tied, I get my money back minus one thirty. I'm also in on that full game, and then I really love this one. Spencer Arraghetty. Strikeouts are low for him because you're going against Padres. Padres can be a tough team to strike out, though we have seen some big outings. Raghetty is at four and a half over, so five strikeouts I need. He has hit this number in eight of his last nine outings. He has really found a rhythm into the second half outside of like one or two difficult situations. But five strikeouts over this full one, I love that against the Padres. Those are my best bets. We both got schemes. I got Dodger's first five money line and Arrighedtty over strikeouts. You've got schemes with Redebtners to record a dub and Antonio Cinctela to give up over two and a half earn runs. Yes, friends, those are the best bets of the day with Welsh and mister Joe Arico. Before we get to the home run call here, just very very quickly, I saw a couple comments in here. Let's see where did it go? Dylan said, dilemma Nolan at red hot Milwaukee too rough outings or Tyler McGill who's lined up for a two step with the Washington and Philly at City Field.
Speaker 3: It's Nola for me, I'm not even thinking about it. It's Nola.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with Nola too. I mean, I get it. It's it's it's a hot situation. But like McGill's also going up against Philly like there, so there's like you get the advantage of Washington with McGill for a sub sub middle ish pitcher and then Philly. Or you just go with like a toa Ben pitcher who's got a couple you know, rough upcoming matchups, but a great offensive support. I'm gonna definitely definitely do that. Another one, uh Cada versus Weaver or go brand Herder who just had the combined or almost combined no hitter who runs it back in Baltimore? Do you feel there?
Speaker 3: Probably go with Weaver.
Speaker 2: I think, like the way the cash is bullpen usage is, it's a little bit hard to predict.
Speaker 3: It's probably you said up most of the time.
Speaker 2: But Weaver, I think he's a pretty safe bet to give you an essay or a win, giving you good ratios with strikeouts, better team.
Speaker 3: I think we ever would be the way I go.
Speaker 1: The home run board. We've had the home run contest all season long. Remind you, guys fantasypros dot Com, slash Chat, come and join the Discord, become a premium member. You can have access to playing this. I mean, I don't know why we're being honest. Play it the rest of the year. There's only two more weeks, but you can play it next season. Plus I kind of want to add another contest. And right now South African G has a four home run lead with two weeks to go. Vladimir Guerrero is giving him the eye. Look at that eye. He is saying South African G. I'm coming for you, and I'm bringing an autographed bat because that's what he's gonna do. We got a four home run lead over Razor Ramon Razor, oh Man b Trot at fifty one. Only three are over fifty Wonkee Penglin coming in hot in top ten with forty six. Joey p is held with his imperpetuity at forty one. I could not tell you where I'm at. The great Fred Dinger is at the bottom of the board. Fred Dinger is if was here, Oh Fred Digger is here. I don't know. I don't know if I've had any I've had. I think I have had Raphael Dever's imperpetuity here for a little bit, so you can let me know. I don't think I'm close to that board, which I know. Our boy Donnie is dying for me to get on the board because he's got a box of oh crap, what is it? The what's the thing that I'm still at thirty three? He hasn't had a home or this entire time. What are the things that everybody the Italian I'm I'm going to get murdered for this Cano. Yeah, I apologize. I just I didn't. I had never had a Connoli before the season, and then Donnie brought him. Yeah, it's not looking good for me, Donnie. But South African g is locked in here. So Joey, what do you think? Where are you going for your home run call? Today?
Speaker 3: Oh? Angelo? Where is it?
Speaker 2: Angelo kind of nailed it right here all d Backs against Senzatela. I'm going with Jock Peterson. I just think this is going to be a disaster in Colorado tonight the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 3: I put up ten runs again. I think Jock.
Speaker 2: Peterson he's been a little bit cold recently, but the matchup is too good to pass up here.
Speaker 1: I'm joining you and I'm going with Christian Walker. Christian Walker actually has a pretty solid BVP versus big home run threat. I'm gonna go with it, so we are both doing it. By the way, Dinger said a Rico up to thirteen today, I have that up there, So that's pretty impressive. So next season we get you going with it. We like to get those big prizes. We like to do fun stuff, So make sure you check out everything over on the Fantasy Pros discord. Make sure you're locked in all the season long and right here, not only on the podcast feed, but the YouTube because don't go anywhere, because we're gonna have more off season content than you've ever had before, talking redraft talkin dynasty here on this feed, and we got more Joe Rico and Casey Bubba coming up here on Wednesday. Thanks everybody for having me back after I've been out for a couple of weeks. I will be back again on Monday and Friday of next week, so I got a packed one. Make sure you're locked in. Find Joe Rico, Joe Rico ninety nine and find me at is It the Welsh Until next time, I love you all and we will talk to you right here. Leading off on the Fantasy Pros MLB channel peace Out.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok At Fantasy Pros and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB