Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast George Nori with you this Thanksgiving Night with Joseph Gallenberger. Joseph, it's only fitting to have you on this Thanksgiving to talk about gratitude. What exactly is gratitude, Well, George.
Speaker 3: I think for me, it's a feeling and an expression of appreciation, feelings of thankfulness that open one's heart energy up, increase awareness of the good that we're receiving, and when we do that, we get ourselves ready for even more blessings to flow to us. There's a phrase the attitude of gratitude creates the space for grace. I think that's a good shorthand way to put this. When they look at this, consistently feeling happiness, gratitude, other positive emotions tends to bring us positive experience, meanie, he said, Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough. It can turn a stranger into a friend. So I think that's most people understand. And Thanksgiving the course of the holiday we even have in the year for this. It's really interesting to me because we don't have a Happiness Day or other kind of days where we do have a day of Thanksgiving, and it's a very social holiday when families usually gather if available. My kids and grandkids were here with us today and just seeing them from four years old and nine years old and how they're approaching life just adds to the richness and opens your heart and makes you feel grateful. So we've had some very interesting experience lately with gratitude here in North Carolina. Would you like me to talk about that.
Speaker 2: A bit, Yeah, I'd love to hear it.
Speaker 3: Go ahead. Yeah. So this is in the aftermath the Hurricane Hallen most people have heard hit the North Carolina Mountains devastating Yeah. Yeah, So in fact, that was six weeks ago the hurricane came through. But the whole city of Ashvill, which is a good sized city, just got drinkable water a few days ago. And talk about feeling grateful for things to usually take for granted. We many of us are out of power for forty days, or internet or water or all three and just the basics coming back. There's been a feeling of gratitude. But the most powerful one has done people worldwide and particularly in the US and Canada have been helping the mountain community here and it feels so different George, that you know, say the animal shelter here one to name brother Wolf. If they got a check from the federal government, let's say for twenty grand, it would feel different than the five dollars from each little person coming along. The little gifts, not the people aren't little, the gifts are smaller, and it says to the community that everybody's thinking about is and carrying. And so we have this weird mix right now of sadness about loss of life and property damage a little bits and worries of how towns will be rebuilt, and in that there's this great light of thankfulness that we're seeing so much loving kindness and so much positivity and so much help from the world. And that's changing the community. It's bringing the whole community together, and so it's weird. It's like bridges are being built again across the rivers, Bridges are being built between people, and it's spanning political and cultural barriers. You know, we had a US election during this time of the hurricane, and and on my road we were blocked both ways off the mountain immediately after the hurricane, neighbors got out with skid steers and front end loaders and taint saws, and they might have a Trunk sign in their yard or a Harris sign in their yard. They may go to different churches, whatever it would be. And we all worked side by side and took care of each other and made sure everybody has food and water. And if there was somebody we weren't sure of, somebody got on horseback and went up up the mountain to find out if they are still okay. And so it's really built some bridges of the community across the divides that have been dividing culture right now and through this whole thing has been through woven gratitude. I think it's such a positive emotion that it helps with healing greatly.
Speaker 2: Where are some people born, though, Joseph, they just don't show gratitude when they grow up.
Speaker 3: Well, as you know, Georgia. You know we've see in the paper. Sometimes some people's upbringing is really really rough, maybe even abusive or intellectual. They may be told that, you know, survival of the fittests, that's our big cultural thing. And so it's the stronger you are, and you have to compete and you have to watch out for yourself. But the newest information in biology, from say Bruce Lipton's work, is the prime directive of nature is really not survival of the fittest. It's for the good of all. And we can come to that by this explosion of knowledge and biology in the last twenty years, showing genetic sharing of information one species to another, those kind of things. So if you go to society on for good of all, you'd have more gratitude if you would ben if it's survival of the fitest. So when we're triggered into that either be eaten kind of survival mode, it's hard to feel that kind of gratitude as easily.
Speaker 2: Tell us your procedure with going to Vegas with your groups and how you divide them, what you tell them, and some of the results.
Speaker 3: Sure, well, when we have the workshop there, we first send out a preparation manual that talks about some of this. Wanting to have a really good attitude out there, to be responsible for your own feelings. So say you're having trouble finding a place, rather than blame it on that quest or something, you take responsibility. Maybe you didn't prepare quite well enough or whatever it would be. Once out there, we start meditating using headphones that have meditations. We used to is the name through my Meryl Institute of Hemi Sink. Now it's called Monroe Down Science and it allows people to really move into deep meditative states within ten minutes and relax and let go of fear. So we do that together. We talk about the games we've been in the practice in a suite our room before we ever go to the casino, and we practice, giving each other one percent support, all having the same goal, say it's to roll doubles. And then we get down to the casino. We have tables reserved just for ourselves and with our goal of doubles, of course, we bet on those and when they come in, they come in and we get some money going and statistically it's pretty strong. We do some workshops around the world virtually on zoom and we will roll doubles. Everybody roll ten times and we can know once in six should be double, and we might say eighteen should happen in that group, and we'll get thirty eight doubles. So we can see statistically that it has effect. In Vegas won we do that, of course, when you get paid with fullttle money. We only got small avouts. Everybody gets excited and that adds to the energy and so you can keep going on a really nice long run. Seven is the most common number in dice and comes out once in every six times, and that kills the game the way we play it. And so one of the last times we did the workshop, we had a lady roll forty eight numbers in a row with no seven.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Devise odds and logic, yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah both. So as we do that, we're feeling, you know, really good and spontaneous healings happen in the physical body. We've had people wake up pain free from post polio syndrome first time in twenty years. On the second day of the workshop. We get all this positive energy flowing and has a lot of good effect.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the movie The Cooler with William Macy?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do, Yes, I do.
Speaker 2: Classic Just for folks who that don't know what the movie's about. He works for a Las Vegas casino and he's so negative about life that anytime he just stands by a winning person, the winning person loses because William Macy is so bad and they call him the cooler is, do you think that's real?
Speaker 3: I think you know, one person's moves can definitely affect another. And when we do groups, we want people to be all in a good mood, but it has to be genuine, you know, you can't just sake that. That said, it seems like positive moods are more the negative ones. So if you went, oh, even in a store, and you smile at the person checking out your items, if they're in a slightly negative that smile and genuine how you doing today, you can probably shift their mood to being a little better. And so it's important, you know, if we're if we're in a bad mood, we don't affect just ourselves. We affect our kids, are relatives, or our partner, or people we interact with a little bit. If they're in a super good mood, they'll probably be able to hold that. But if too many people are in a rough mood, like you know, I'll be understressed in them all shopping for Christmas as the time is only one or two days left or something, that's more likely. But you can, you can, you can swim within that and not accumulate the move. I had a friend of mine who had a million miles with Delta Airlines, and he goes through airports and end up in a better mood when he got out the other side than when he went in. He by looking around who he could help, you know, the person that seemed a little lost because he was very familiar with the airports, or help with the luggage or whatever it would be. And most people go in and think, oh, it is my flight going to be on time? I hope I'm not laid. I hope there's no changes, and they're worried and fearful, and they kind of get in a negative root in the airport drains them. But if you want, you can consciously say no, I'm going to hold my own center here and I'm going to get my energy directly from source soever. You just find that as God or beauty of nature or whatever, and you let that energy stream into you. You can hold your center when people around you. If anybody was a cooler, you would either not notice them, or if you notice them, you would just have a genuine feeling like that's that foot, poor fella, and you wouldn't resonate with them like a tuning fork. But if you're unconscious about your own energies. Then it's likely that somebody it tends to be something we have a lot of and we may not even be aware of. So you start with being aware of the abundance you already have. I have a meditation called abundance waterfall. We imagine being in a waterfall, just coming and cascading around you, and that might be the pets in your life, the beautiful things you've seen in nature, beauty of music, people who love you, all kinds of basics, not just money, right, And so within that abundance, hopefully of health as well, And then if there's other things you would like, they become the cherry on top of the sun day of abundance he already have. So if you feel abundant, it's easier to create more abundance. And so if you want to your cherry on top of being a better job or a more beautiful place to live, or better friendships or whatever, it might be. The way to approach that is to be aware of if you're alive and kicking, you already have some abundance around you, and appreciate that. We go back to the thanksgiving part. So if you can genuinely honor what you already have, it's easier to create more. Does that make sense? It does?
Speaker 2: And Joseph, is this theory coming out of the brain or are we tapping into something outside of the brain.
Speaker 3: Well, for you know the different opinions many people now are feeling. My brain is more of a transducer like your local laptop or your desktop is. And yet it's accessing lots of information on the web, right, so consciousness may not be in the brain itself. We are feeling like there's a big center of intelligence in the heart and also in the gut. So we have a gut brain and a heart brain and the one in our head, if you will. And it does seem like again that creates intention awareness, but within that it's a dance between that and our energies of emotions, so particularly the positive ones like eyest love, appreciation, happiness. When those things are firing on all sales cylinders, that tends to be when you'd see the abundance of the positive manifestations. Thinking about it just isn't quite enough. And you know, there's been movies out that say, oh, think about it and it'll be so yeah, maybe, but you have to look at the shadow too. If you're deep inside thinking things like nothing good comes easy, no pay, no game, then things become more difficult. So you have to watch your thinking. A lot of people I see, I'll ask them what's their main stance in life, and they'll say, I'm a seeker of truth, a seeker of spiritual enlightenment, whatever it is. And I say, wouldn't you rather be a finder? It's a different energy than seeker, And so we look at even the underlying attitudes which are in the mind of defining yourself as a seeker or a finder. You're going to have a different kind of life whichever win of those two you pick.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more