Speaker 1: Hello everybody. Welcome into the Fantasy Pros Football Podcast. I'm Ryan Warmley, joined today by Andrew Rickson and by Chris welsh Fellows. We took last week off because there was no game. We certainly weren't going to do predictions for the Pro Bowl. We are back to do our predictions show for the Super Bowl. Now we have. The game is Chiefs Eagles. Obviously, this is a repeat from a couple of years ago. It was actually the game I was rooting for. I am like very much out of a limb like of the Final four. That is, this was kind of the matchup I wanted to see. I think the Eagles are the best team that I've watched play this year. The Chiefs have their devil magic. We're gonna break it all down and see which way we think this one is going. Ericson what was your thoughts just on the matchup in general before we dive into some of these props.
Speaker 2: I know that there's a large boycott of people that don't want to watch the Super Bowl at all. They refuse to watch the Chiefs go for a threepeat and the Eagles try to win a Super Bowl after being in the last couple of years. I love the matchup. I think the Eagles are a really good team, very well rounded. They're team that has played the Chiefs before, so I think that they match up well with Kansas City. And at the same time, what does Kansas City do every single game? It's close, So I think if we get a close Super Bowl, I mean, do we want to watch a blowout? I don't, And if the Chiefs are playing, it's probably not going to be a blowout. So I'm looking forward to the good game and we'll see if the Chiefs can win three in a row.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Welsh, I am super not here for the like not gonna watch the game crowd Like. It's one thing to be like, oh I don't want to watch the Chiefs again, and you know we just saw the smash up two years ago. It's another entirely to suggest you're actually not going to watch the last game. We're gonna get of the NFL for seven months or whatever. It is, Like, that's ridiculous to me.
Speaker 3: Wait, cry baby, it's cry baby stuff.
Speaker 1: Give me up.
Speaker 4: What do you do? What do you want? Did you want the Rams to be in the Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: No, you didn't want the m It's fine, Like, sure, it's annoying. There's the parody conversation, like, oh chi, it's.
Speaker 4: A phenomenal game. So like if you're if you literally at the.
Speaker 3: Point of crying about that, like, okay, do something else, Like it's a great game. It's not a garbage game. We're getting we didn't get to be fair. You know in baseball terms. We said this before, but like Diamondbacks Rangers World Series from two years ago. Nobody cared about that but me or a Ranger fan, you as a Diamondback fan, that's stunk. This is the matchup that you want in the Super Bowl. Yes, maybe there's lacking parody, but you want the best teams. So I think that's just cry baby stuff. That's just people looking for attent. You say that you're just looking for attention. Can you not like the game?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Can you not like Patrick Mahomes and the devil magic? Sure you can have all those things, but don't tell us it's not an incredible you know, great quarterback, greatest active quarterback. We have a running back that just went for over two thousand, Like it's all the pieces of what you want for a Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Now they just need to live it.
Speaker 1: Up.
Speaker 3: It needs to be a highly competitive game that probably comes down to the end. I'm here for it, even though, like you know, these guys could disappear. It could be a snap than a snap, and I'd be like, oh, okay, great, it's fine, It's totally fine.
Speaker 4: It'll be a great competitive game.
Speaker 1: I want to let everybody know if you have a chance, that you do have a chance. Rather to win a signed Mike Evans Buccaneers helmet for free, that's courtesy of our friends at pristineauction dot com, all you need to do is head to Fantasypros dot com slash contest, complete the form and either download the Fantasy Pros My Playbook app, leave a review for the podcast, or follow us on x, Instagram or TikTok at Fantasy Pros. The more actions you complete, the more entries you receive. We will be announcing a winner right here on the podcast. If you're watching on YouTube, be sure to subscribe and turn on those notifications so you can be alerted when new episodes are up and to claim your prize.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 1: As for a sign Mike Evans bucks helmet for free, courtesy of Pristineauction dot com. All right, let's quickly look at how we did in the conference championship games. We actually had one of our better weeks of the playoff run here. Ericson, you had Brian Robinson over thirty five and a half rushing yards. He got thirty six, so nicely done on that one. Faite j Brown also went over four and a half receptions for you and the Eagles one, so you nailed that game across the board. For Welsh, Jalen Hurts, while he did have three rushing touchdowns, he fell short of your call of thirty two and a half yards on the ground. Jade Daniels did go over twitter and twenty four passing yards for you, though, so you hit that one. And then on the AFC side, it was kind of the reverse Ericson you were wrong on both Khalil Shakir and Travis Kelce going over there receiving yardage props. Welsh, you hit both euro props with Alan two plus touchdowns and xavier' worthy over fifty and a half yards, And of course both of you guys were correct on the Chiefs winning. We're going to try and keep the good picks coming here for Eagles Chiefs in Super Bowl fifty nine Super Bowl Licks as some are calling it. Let's start on the eagle side, Eric Sson, I'll start with you. What's your player pick? By the way, just to let everybody know, we're gonna do a pick each on the eagle side, a pick each on the chief side, a pick for the game, and also kind of won wild card pick. Just kind of whatever you wanted to.
Speaker 4: We in do gatorade. We do gatorade.
Speaker 1: If you guys want to talk gatorade, no you can. I don't feel knowledgeable enough to do that, Eric said, get his going on the eagles side.
Speaker 4: Yellow is superior gatoring, by the way, just throwing that out.
Speaker 1: It's a taste, it's light blue.
Speaker 2: For the rest my edge does not exist in the gatorade markets for this particular matchup. So I'm gonna go with Devontae Smith is gonna go over fifty and a half receiving yards. I know that Dallas Goddard has kind of been He's actually his receiving prop has been the most bet at least it was last week in terms of people betting the over, because Goddard has been on a tear for the last couple of weeks. But I think about the Smith is kind of the underrated part of this Eagles offense who could have a big game. You look at the last five games the Eagles have been underdogs, he has seventy or more receiving yards in five of those games. Two times that they've been underdogs this year seventy nine or more receiving yards. So when they have to throw more in games where they're potentially trailing, they can't just hand them all to Saque thirty times. Demant de Smith is a lot more involved. So I like Davanta Smith fifty yards. The projections have him closer to fifty four receiving yards, so I think that he's going to go over and historically when they have faced the Chiefs in the past, Ivanta Smith has had monster games ninety nine yards, one hundred yards, and one hundred and twenty two yards, and three queer games against the Kansas City Chiefs. I think that he's going to make some of these marquee plays where you have see DeVonta Smith making those sideline grabs. I think it's going to have a couple of those in this particular matchup. The Chiefs like to play press. We'll bump and run on the outside, and I think that Jalen Hurt's going to be forced to make some tight window throws, and I think Smith's going to be on the receiving end of a lot of them.
Speaker 4: So I like them.
Speaker 2: Want to Smith where everyone's looking at Dallas Goddard as this monster gam pivoting looking at the number two receiver, the slim Reaper is going to have a big game.
Speaker 4: Numbers are big too on Goddard. I just want to throw it was already like fifty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's completely dissipated, Like I looked at Goddard because they've been going at Goddard a ton, but it is already completely built in. Whether it is implied if you want to talk about the prediction standpoint, it's implied. If we want to tell you guys, hey, God it to have a big day, or it's just baked in, as you're kind of saying, it's it's baked in because of the big performances out there. There's no value on Goddard right now unless he goes Nune. So I love your Smith pick by the.
Speaker 1: What do you think about the receptions Welst's four and a half. I like the over on that one too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I also like that.
Speaker 3: I you know, in my predictions here are both tied to I think the number one strengths on both teams, but the deficiencies. They both have a pretty in our face deficiency. The Eagles it's the pass game, and the Chiefs it's the run game. You know, they're not getting in with Pacheco a ton. It took Patrick Mahomes to kind of be the guy last week in the running side. But on that eagle side, when it is put to the test and they are having to throw the ball, it feels like we're just so limited in aj Brown where I agree like, I think DeVante Smith he finds those open spots, and you know, Jalen Hurts is looking to make quicker decisions, and I think Smith kind of works a little bit better in that. So I like the receptions and this is one of those clear cut ericson and I all season long on betting Pros was like, if I loved receptions, they would love yards and that worked out a majority of the time. I think both of those are in play, especially I don't know what the odds are, is it plus money on four and a half?
Speaker 1: The overs it's minus one eleven the plus money bet. By the way, there's like a lot of minuses on Smith. People are interested in him. The plus I like kind of his most receiving yards plus six hundred. I would not at all be surprised if Smith led this group in receiving yards.
Speaker 4: Another little sneaky one with the Smith one.
Speaker 3: Also, if you guys listen to Betty Pros, I smashed a ladder bet with Worthy two. So that was my big thing last week. I went fifty on this show, but then I went fifty sixty seventy on the ladder side.
Speaker 4: Dante Smith might be a.
Speaker 3: Ladder option as well, as ericson You pointed out, he's had some really great games. If there is any playing from behind or the running game isn't working to full capacity, they're gonna probably be throwing a decent amount to Smith and he might be able to not eagle crazy or anything like that. But I could almost see laddering similar to what we did with Worthy last week, with Smith going up to seventy or something like that. So just another plus money option.
Speaker 1: I like that a lot. Actually, Welsh, what's your pick on this eagle side?
Speaker 3: Okay, So like As I mentioned, I feel very chalky, and both of my picks are going to be on the number one most positive thing on each offense on what they've got to do. So if we are going to the Eagles, the number one thing has got to be sekuon Barkley.
Speaker 4: And it's a big number.
Speaker 3: It's maybe it's a donkey play here because it's at like one eleven, but I'm gonna go with the rushing yards on Sakwon Barkley.
Speaker 4: The rushing attempts are.
Speaker 3: Between twenty one point five and twenty two point five, so they're implying a whole bunch, and we have seen some big rushing performances. Twenty six carries, twenty five carries. I mean he's gone twenty five or higher in four of his last five. So the play actually might be rush attempts, but thrown into that when you look at these rushing yards, he has hit this one to eleven five straight weeks. Last week it only took him fifteen rush attempts to do so, So I think that's a little bit in play here that I think you're going to be able to run. The Chiefs have given up one hundred yards rushing over the last four weeks where they had really kind of honed in early in the year. But of the last four games, they've given up four and a half per carry, and you've got the best runner in the NFL. They've given up twenty five carries in two of the last four games. But you have been able to run a little bit more on the Chiefs. That's the way that the Eagles are gonna win this game. He's making big plays. I think his longest rush might be in play as well. It feels black, but if the Eagles are close into this, they're going to be running Saquon Barkley all game line long. I do think the over rush attempts is in play here as well, but one to eleven gets me that big touchdown play that he's going to go in with, So it's a very chalky play. Also point out if you go on to betting pros, this is a plug for betting pros in you have access to the premium tools. Eight of the last I think ten games, you know he's also gone over this also. I believe it's seven of the last or maybe eight. Eight of the last ten running backs have gone over their rushing yard prop against the Chiefs. Now, these are lower numbers, but it has been a smash all Sea and long against the over number against the Chiefs. So I'm throwing that out there. It's a super big number. Ericson, you might hate it, but I gotta go Saquon here in this big play.
Speaker 1: Ericson, what do you think? Is it a sucker's bed or is it just hey, it's saquad in the Super Bowl. Let's bet the over because that's what we want to do.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess for me, I'm kind of thinking of it the same way we talked about Jalen Hurts two weeks ago. Where was the total rushing prop versus the longest rush and technically neither of them hit. Even though Jalen Hurts had a seventeen yard rushing touchdown, it was called back on a penalty that would have hit the over for longest rush, but he would have been under I think I know his prop was kind of all over the place. It was under.
Speaker 4: It was thirty. Yeah, so maybe he would have hit.
Speaker 2: The overall on his rushing yards if that's seventeen yeard rush had counted. But I mean, Seguon, Barkley's gonna rip off a big run. So just take the over his longest rush, like he could do it literally on the first play of the game, Like you want that dopamine hit boom. Do you really want to grind out all the way to the fourth quarter. I guess you can always have hope that, but it could be the fourth quarter in Saque needs a twenty four yard run for the Eagles to win, and you can hit it then too. So I mean, if I'm chasing that dopamine high, that dope mean rush, I think it's I want to take the longest rush play because if Sikone's gonna get over one hundred rushing yards, he's not gonna be doing it picking up seven yards here, seven yard like he's gonna rip off a big run, and the chance of him hitting it over twenty three and a half yards. I looked at the numbers and it's basically been a fifty to fifty proposition mostly this year, which is why the number is what it is. So I like just going after the longest rush.
Speaker 3: He has only hit that three of his last six games, though, the over rush, where he has gone over the rushing yard total in five straight games, So just throwing that out there like I'm with you, but it's not as much.
Speaker 2: Of it, but it's but that's exact number. I looked at it. A lot of his games he has like a rush of like twenty two yards. So again, yes he has not hit twenty three and a half per se, but he hit twenty two. Like, the fact is the guy is ripping off twenty yard rush is basically every single week. And if he's not gonna be able to do it in the super Bowl, that's what I would, you know, I just prefer.
Speaker 4: That I'm with you. I'm with you on it.
Speaker 1: He's plus four fifty first touchdown score or he's also plus four to fifty last touchdown scored. I kind of like that last better. I can just like, if the Eagles are gonna win this game, I could see him kind of being the closer breaking off along like kind of heartbreaking, like Dad.
Speaker 2: What he's gonna do is he gonna slide down at the one yard line and then you're gonna be sad.
Speaker 1: If it's that late, then yes, then that would that would break me. But I honestly, I kind of actually just want to bet both first and last touchdown. Like I think he's gonna be one of.
Speaker 2: Those just parley him together, dude, it'd be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be quite a fade e. Let's go to the chief side ericson what's your favorite player prop On this one.
Speaker 2: I'm diving deep here into the most irrelevant player. Samaj p Ryan is gonna go over six and a half receiving yards. And when we're talking about soccer plays right second, Barkley, he's the stud greatest running back season arguably ever, so you don't feel really bad about betting it over on him. But Samaj p Ryan is on the total other end of the spectrum when it comes to, well this guy have a role in the offense in this particular game, because this particular number he has basically hit every single week of the entire season. So he has at least six and a half receiving yards six of his last seven games played, fourteen of his last fifteen he has hit the over. The thing that makes me nervous about this one is the fact that he got on the very last play.
Speaker 4: Last play. I'm glad you said it, because that's what I was gonna say. It took the last play of the game.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I almost wish he didn't make it last week or like in the AFC Championship game, because he would still be hitting at the higher rate. He wouldn't have he'd be coming off a game where he didn't hit it, so I'd feel almost more confident. But the fact of the matter is, like he's consistently getting to this number, So I think that six and a half is a number that's more than reachable. He can get it on one play. We know that pe Ryan when he is on the field, that's usually in third down situations. So yeah, the projections have him closer to eight and eleven receiving yards, and he's just been doing it constantly, whether Pajecko's been in the lineup, whether a Creem Hunt's be in the lineup. And you have a situation too, where I mean, if there is a two minute drill, which you could very well see happening, if the Chiefs are trailing in a game, which they really haven't been in a lot of situations this year, well, he RAN's probably gonna be on the field. So yeah, I'm gonna take the over six and a half receiving yards. Again, he can do it on one play. Hopefully it's not in the last play, but it'll be a sweat that you can have the entire game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well shit, I mean we if to pull back the curtain. The next play we're about to talk about is Mahomes. So three of these first four predictions are defa Tae Smith, Saquon Barkley, Patrick Mahomes, and then we have Ericson picking samaj p Right. Do you have any strong feelings on this one?
Speaker 3: Nah, this is very betting pros though. This is Ericson getting into like where's my edge and the betty? He got very betting pros with us on this one, Like we talked the decent amount of betting pros too. Sometimes we get cute. We're like, how did we not bet on this that we were getting?
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 3: I get like, this hits a ton It takes one essentially takes one play. They like to use them out of the pass game. I think this could definitely hit. But it's a very betting prosy type of play. If you're looking for some action.
Speaker 4: I don't know if.
Speaker 3: I'm looking for somemaj p Ryan in the Super Bowl as in my predictor side, but I'm not going to be shocked because it's like legit one third and four. Samaj p Ryan some play action out of a backfield, gets a screen pass. He's going to get nine yards and Ericson's going to be cashing.
Speaker 2: Well, it's going to be you know, we've seen it, Damian Williams. Man, he's going to be running that wheel route smaj p Ryan first touchdown now, yeah, well.
Speaker 4: Now you're you know you're sick. Oh you're sick of man.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get into your Mahomes pick here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so second just absolutely super shocky. But I'm gonna go with pass attempts here. Thirty six and a half is the number uh in the playoffs. Very interestingly too, he just hasn't been throwing. They've had just a lot of like maintained stuff. He ran eleven times in the last game against Buffalo, but he only threw thirty six or twenty six times. He through twenty five times against Houston. Again, kind of having having these in lockstep, I think this game is going to be very close, and both teams have to establish what they're best at. Eagles running the ball and the Chiefs is going to be pass the ball. Patrick Mahomes had thrown thirty seven pass attempts in all six of the final six games of the regular season, So six of the final regular season games he had gone thirty seven or more pass attempts across the board. That's where I think he's going to be at again. I think this game is going to feel more in the Eagles hands while the chief I think that we'll talk about the next play in the kind of wild card you play, I think the Chiefs are going to have those moments, and I do think we'll have some devil magic towards the end, but I think there will be a feel of the Eagles kind of having a little bit more maintainance, and that is going to require the Chiefs to be throwing the ball a ton to the b Ryans, to the Worthies, to the Marquis Browns, to the tight ends. That's what they're going to be doing to keep in to So thirty six point five over pass attempts, that is my Patrick mahomes bet on the chief.
Speaker 1: Side, Eric Son, any quick thoughts on this one.
Speaker 2: No, I mean I think that you want your best playmaker, you know, having the ball in his hand as many times as possible. So whatever it's going to be him running, throwing the ball, getting the ball to these guys in space. I think that the one thing when we're talking about weaknesses of this game, I think one of the weakest units is the Chiefs run game.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: I mean with Kream Hunt and Isaiah Pacheco, the can't generate explosive plays. I don't think that they're going to be hey, like, let's establish the run. It's like, no, it's gonna be Mahome scrambling, Mahomes making plays with his arm with all of his receivers. So I think that betting overs with Mahomes is probably the thing that I'm afraid about with the most with Mahomes, and is just the rushing yards, right, because I.
Speaker 4: Almost went to that, but they chalked it up.
Speaker 2: That one's really popular because everyone knows he runs more in the playoffs. But the thing that you have to keep in mind is the kneel downs. Like he loses six or seven yards sometimes on kneel down, so you could be up and then he takes a six yard loss on a kneel down to win the game, and then you lose the bet.
Speaker 4: So your rush attemps look at rushing tips, rush.
Speaker 2: A temps would be the way if you're doing rushing yard or rushing props on mahomes, but agreed, I like the attempts as well.
Speaker 1: This ain't the little eighty bitty teeny tiny Bowl. This is Super Bowl fifty nine. Get in on the action at DraftKings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of Super Bowl fifty nine. Scoring touchdowns is key to hoisting the Vince Lombardi Trophy, and you have a shot to score big by betting on them at DraftKings sports Book, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet, try betting on something simple like a player to score six. Go to the DraftKings sports Book app and make your pick. Chiefs are laying one and a half points to the big Game. That total is sitting at forty eight and a half Eagles R plus one oh five on the money line. If you're inclined to take the upset, or maybe you're holding onto your money for early Super Bowl futures for next season, however you plan to bet, new DraftKings customers can bet five dollars to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly download the Draftings Sports Book app use Code Fantasy Pros. That's Code Fantasy Pros for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings sports book. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 5: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and why, or text hope and why four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for a problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill has seeno when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age and eligibility varies by jurisdiction Boyd and Ontario. New customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see dkang dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, before we get to our official game picks, let's throw a wildcard prediction the way of our audience. One. Each ericson will start with you.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go with Marque's Hollywood Brown is going to catch a pass on Kansas City's first drive. So I looked at Marquise Brown, who's basically been back with the offense over the last four games that the Chiefs have played, and there's a very clear effort to get him in the ball, especially early on an AFC Championship game Chiefs first drive, he caught two passes on the first two pass attempts. Immediately after halftime, he had the first target from Patrick Mahomes and this was also true in the Division round again, targeted on the opening drive. He's been targeted on the opening drive and the Chiefs of their last four games that he has played, And something that kind of caught my eye when I was looking at some of the next gen stats when it comes to Mahomes. So he's posted three of his four highest EPA per dropback numbers over the last four games. And the one thing that's really changed is who's been in the lineup. It's been Marquise Brown. Now that necessarily hasn't reflected in Brown's box score, but having him in the offense compared to guys like a Justin Watson or a Juju Smith Schuster, it's making a difference. Defits is are having to play Mahomes a little bit differently because Marcus Brown is adding another layer of Hey, we got to make sure we count for this guy as opposed to some of these other players that I think will have been lesser in the Chiefs offense. So Marcus Brown has had high target rate perute run for most of the year, he's been healthy, and like I said, like there's been a clear effort to get in the ball early on. So while everyone is kind of looking at Okay, it's gonna be Worthy, it's gonna be Kelsey, it's gonna be you know, the running backs into the backfield, I think Marcus Brown is a player that is going to play a lot of snaps in this game, probably running the most routes. Same with Xavier Worthy. I think he's gonna catch a pass. So I like his odds plus one seventy on DraftKings Sports. But to catch a pass on Kensey's first drive. I know you can get longer shot odds if you just look at he catches the first pass in the game, if the Chiefs get the ball first, or he catches the first pass from Mahomes, So you can get longer odds at those, but I like basically almost a two to one for just to catch pass in the first drive. Doesn't even need to be the first one for Mahomes, but in that opening script, I think he's gonna be involved. So I like Markey's Brown to catch a pass on the first drive.
Speaker 4: I think it was three and a half.
Speaker 3: I think it's like plus three fifty or three seventy five for him to catch the first pass from Mahomes, and I like that one.
Speaker 4: I love this one.
Speaker 3: I told Ericson before we started the show. I went and looked and I actually was gonna jump on the side of he catches the first pass from Mahomes and that was like around three and a half to one, and I was like, I'm so slick.
Speaker 4: Ericson's gonna see this. He needs to be so mad at me.
Speaker 3: And then Ericson had it on the sheet and I was like, come on, man, like he already got that for me. So I like, I completely love this one because for whatever reason, they love Mark east Brown on that opening drive. That's just where they want to go. So I like the safer side of you picking on the first drive instead of the very first catch, because what'd you say?
Speaker 4: It was like plus one plus one seventy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's pretty good. And I love that the whole first drive and it doesn't matter who gets the ball first, so you don't have to sweat, oh if they don't win the coin toss and things like that. So yeah, you can get longer shot odds just playing into the Hey, I think Marcus Sproad's gonna be involved early. You can get longer shot odds. But plus one seventy for just that opening drive, just a matter of just does he catch the ball? I feel pretty comfed he's gonna get a target and then if he drops it, well, the process was right.
Speaker 4: The process was right exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, what's your wildcard pick in this game?
Speaker 3: Mine's not as wild CARDI that was my favorite, and more I think about it, it's like I do. It's a plus money play, which is fun, but it's I guess it's a little bit more choky. It's not as like, you know, I'm not doing like Travis Kelsey engagement after the win or anything like yeah, I like nonsense like that or or interesting one is coin toss to the Chiefs and win if you like the Chiefs. That was like two and a half to one, but there's a plus money play on the first half. So I like the on the spread for the first half it was plus one ten was able to find it, and it's you know between like you know, one and a half.
Speaker 4: On the full spread.
Speaker 3: The first half is almost just kind of a chalk up for both sides.
Speaker 4: But if you're playing.
Speaker 3: For the Chiefs to be up, which they did a majority of the time in the regular season, they were up at half, that you can get plus money for them to be up by you know, half of a score. So if you can envision this tie game up even Chiefs down by a point or two, they drive down at the end of the half, they kick a field goal, they're up by one. We're getting plus money on that play. Again, you know, dominant team in the first half this entire season, a much higher air raid. I think the Eagles are going to slow down some of this clock, so you could have an Eagles, you know, coming down to the final two minutes. They've had a six minute drive. They just take a small lead. Chiefs drive it down at the end, they get up at half. So to Chiefs spread first half plus money if you can find it plus one ten, not as fun as the Marquise Brown one.
Speaker 4: But you know, there are some decent plays.
Speaker 3: I'd also maybe look at, like DeVante Smith catch on the first drive for the Eagles as well, But I don't really want to do a whole lot of catching for the Eagles and then throwing the ball on the first drive.
Speaker 1: Let's go to our game picks here, ericson who are you taking?
Speaker 2: I'm taking the Chiefs because they're going to win. That's what I'm doing. I'm taking the Chiefs. I'm not gonna bet against Patrick Mahomes in the Super Bowl. It just doesn't work unless they're facing Tom Brady. And he's not facing Tom Ray. Tom Brady's in the booth. So maybe that's the layer that people need to be paying attention to, that Tom Brady's gonna be at this game. And you know, Patrick Mahomes not won Super Bowls where Tom Brady has been in the same stadium, if you want to make that type of argument. But all the trends back the Chiefs winning. They've won eighteen of the last games as favorites, Mahomes seventeen to three. In the postseason. The only losses have been to Brady and Joe Burrow nine postseason games, they've won a row, and he's eight to zero against Vic Fangio led defenses. So I just think that with extra time to repair, they've been here, don that, and I think they're gonna complete the three peat, whether we like it or not. I don't know if this is a I don't know if I'm in the minority here as a Patriots fan. You know, obviously someone that witnessed a dynasty happen. I'm I'm I'm for dynasties. I don't know if that's that that's unusual for me coming from a well obviously being a fan of a dynasty or the most recent one. But I like seeing this, like this isn't the first time it's been a dynasta. There's ynasties every single ten to twenty years. It seems like in the CHIEFSHS is the latest one. So I like seeing teams dominate.
Speaker 1: I know that that's so here's the problem, And we don't have a ton of time, so we don't need to have like a whole big conversation. But I just have to say, like it's not that there's this new dynasty, it's that there was no gap We literally saw the handing of the torch in that AFC Championship game where Brady faced Mahomes and then like literally like Brady was still playing great football when Mahomes started this run of the earliest season has ever ended is overtime of the AFC Championship Game since he became a starter, Like, there was no like down period where Okay, there's some parody and everybody in the AFC has a chance, Like if you're not a fan of the Patriots or the Chiefs, then you're in the AFC. It's like, we just slayed this dragon. We finally got rid of Brady and the Patriots and already we're seven years into this new dynasty for the Chiefs. There was no respite. No. That is to me the most frustrated part as a fan of a team in the AFC is there was no break because you said, like, oh, every you know, ten fifteen years is new dynasty. This this went ended one right into the another right away, And I hated that, Well, what's your pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I'm just gonna tag on, you know, on the dynasty thing too. Forty nine er fan, you know, we had the we have the nineties, you know, late eighties into the nineties and stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't really have a problem.
Speaker 3: I think it just it's it feels bigger in our face because it's just like it's a crybaby era, like we all can just like at all times just cry about everything, and it feels like we have a bigger we have a bigger outlet to be like my gosh, the refs and mahomes, they're in it together, and it's just you know, it's like fun, it's it's me worthy. So we've made it into this more of a thing at the end of the day, Like I don't have a problem with it, Like you're like greatness.
Speaker 4: I actually appreciate the thought that I walk.
Speaker 3: Out of maybe an era of being like wow, I watched like the greatest players.
Speaker 4: Of that time. So I again, I just it's maybe it's.
Speaker 3: My you and I personality is a little bit different than some like people are annoyed seeing dynasties. They don't want to see it. I also got over it as a Niner fan when we had five Super Bowls no one and then it was like Niner, Steelers Cowboys, I think, and then the Steelers jumped over it. That was broken out of my brain. So I'm like, Okay, we're not the number one anymore, so it's out of it. But yeah, I think Erickson laid it out perfectly. I'm going to go with the Chiefs here. I think the script is out. It is like the last.
Speaker 4: Drive, like Mahomes is going to do the last drive thing.
Speaker 3: I don't think that. I don't think the Chiefs defense is gonna end up winning this one. I think this is going to be a Chiefs playing from behind into the late fourth quarter and Mahomes is going to do his magic again and they are going to take this down. It's hard to bet against them. I know a lot of people want to. No one cares about plus money. By the way, the amount of Eagles bets have to be on money line and not the plus one and a half. No one's playing that nonsense. I'm gonna play with the Chiefs because I think they are a dramatically ridiculous team.
Speaker 4: And I asked it asked this question last week.
Speaker 3: I think it was to a few people that what is what's more damaging if it's taken away and maybe it'll throw in your face if you know the Eagles inability to pass the ball or the Chief's inability to run, Like what is more detrimental to teams?
Speaker 4: And I feel like the inability.
Speaker 3: To pass the ball, if that goes back to the Eagles, is much more detrimental than the Chiefs being able to not run the ball, because the Chiefs thrive and live off of that. Obviously, Saquan is a monster and he is the outlier of running backs. But if they are taken away, if that passing game is taken away, and Jalen Hurts is in that spot where he's taken sacks again and he's indecisive and not getting the ball to aj Brown, we know how that goes.
Speaker 4: We know exactly how that goes.
Speaker 3: I think it's more detrimental if the Chiefs cannot throw I'm sorry the Eagles can't throw, than it is that the Chiefs can't run. And I think that could be a very important factor in this. So I'm joining ericson with the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: No explanation, Just give me a pick over under forty eight and a half for the total in this one, Welsh.
Speaker 3: I you know what I wanted to play under. I'm gonna play with the I'm gonna play the over like it's it's hard not to. So I'm gonna go over Erickson.
Speaker 2: I'm an over guy under now there, it is easy, easy under easy under.
Speaker 4: A twelve to twelve to ten super Bowl?
Speaker 2: What do you think is gonna gonna be like twenty four to twenty one?
Speaker 1: It's super defense.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, here's the thing. So the Chiefs are the least explosive offense in the NFL. They're good, but they're not explosive. And their defense is number one in fewus misstackles. So if anyone can corral Sable Markley to just not rip off eighty r touchdowns left and right, well it's the Chiefs defense. Forty eight and a half is way too high. So I'm gonna take me under.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take the Eagles to win. It's probably a suckers bet because they're facing the Chiefs. So we've seen this play out a bunch of times. I said this, you're doing this to yourself, man, I said this before you know. Obviously I watched every Ravens game very close. So they played both of these teams the only time this entire year. I walked away from a game thinking the Ravens got outplayed by a better team. Was against Philly. Now, there were obviously other losses where you know, the Ravens kind shot themselves in the foot whatever. That Chiefs game, famously, the first game of the year, the toe just barely out of bounds. The only time this year I walked away thinking, Wow, that team is a really good and they completely outperform the Ravens was that Eagles loss, and I can't get that out of my mind. So it's actually not plus one to five anymore. Now in DraftKings, it's even money, which is unfortunate. But I'm gonna go with the Eagles to win this game. We'll get here on that. Just give us a dynasty the NFC, man, that's all I'm asking. I can't get over that point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I totally agree.
Speaker 1: Yes four welsh and ericson. I'm Ryan Warmley. Thanks everybody for tuning in and enjoy the Super Bowl. We'll see again whenever we're back. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Football podcast. If you love the show, the best free way to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple podcasts, at Fantasypros dot com, slash you, or on Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros