Speaker 1: Tap tap tap on the head next year, and we.
Speaker 2: Doesn't want to tap tap.
Speaker 3: I do want it, I want, I don't, I don't want anything else.
Speaker 1: By long weekend coming up Phraser Friday. By the way, we've talked a lot this week about foul Territory shop dot com getting very boosted. Did you know that the hats that you guys are wearing right now that have MLB's logo on the back of them. Yes, we did that at the time. That was cute, will be foul Territory logos. We have hats that have FT on the back, so we got smart, just like MLB did for those that like to wear their half backwards. I didn't mention that part earlier this week, but I wanted to get that out there.
Speaker 3: That's a beautiful thing, baby, let's go. I can't wait to see it. I'm gonna go online right after the show.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna wear mine forwards from now on.
Speaker 1: And there is an FT logo on the front as well. So whatever you do, you're caught. You got to go sideways. Sideways.
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus, you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna get in trouble for that, and you got a long weekend. One other thing before we start to take you inside what we do here. So after the show, we talk about what we're going to send out on different social platforms, including what we're going to break up into smaller segments to put out there on YouTube. Right, So, Kratz, yesterday we had Chandeler Rome on the show, and for at least a few minutes of that conversation we went over the lack of hitting and pop from jose Altuvey. By the time we posted the interview, I feel like five seconds later he had two dingers and I had a big dub.
Speaker 4: Taking it over and all of our two bays props because not only did Chandler Rome say he's about to go, he could actually just go off the entire Mariner series. He said he might just get thirteen hits. Well, he went sackfly, two dingers, two for four for the boys, thirteen hits for the team, let's get it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's the type that's listening to the show, But if he did and we pissed him off a little bit, then I'm all for it because I like watching that little Man show. How much popp he's got, it's pretty impressive. So two homers for him yesterday against the Mariners. That's a big series this weekend. But let's get to what I think is the headliner of this Memorial Day weekend. We're charging Charging Todd Father. The time has come, almost exactly one year after Ronald Acuna Junior went down with yet another ACL injury. He's torn up both knees and had surgery on them. He returns one of the superstars of our sport who is anxiously awaiting big league games again, has been patient and now he's back, and he's back at a pretty good time. Atl lost yesterday to the Nats in ten innings. They lost to the day before. They should be a better team than the Nationals. Nationals playing them. Tough upcoming schedule Padres, Phillies, Red Sox, Diamondbacks, Giants, Brewers. That's a tough stretch coming up for Atlanta. You know what helps Todd Father, A guy who a couple of years ago had forty plus homers, seventy plus stolen backs.
Speaker 2: And listen, I'm gonna explain something to you.
Speaker 3: This guy's gonna come out fires guns of blazing, because you know from the quotes that snicker said too as well. He's been doing great and nothing but working out. His body's in great shape, he's lean, he's feeling good. Like this guy is ready to go. And I know, you know, he's been working down in the minor leagues a little bit. I know he dropped the ball, but still got the guy out at second base. He understood that he's hitting the ball. Well, this guy is ready to go, and from the looks and sounds of it, he's gonna take off.
Speaker 2: And I'm really excited this. This is good for baseball.
Speaker 3: It's good for the Bravos there, for the Braves, and you know, listen, everybody's still in it. There's still plenty of time to make a move here, to get after it. You know, they struggled in the beginning, but now look where they're out here and they're ready to go. So having this guy back, if you're a Braves fan and you're a Braves player, open arms, let's go.
Speaker 2: Time to go.
Speaker 4: It's an element to the lineup. He's not going to be the aircraft carrier. Let's just that's not me being negative, it's not me being anti Ronald le'cunya. It just means he's ready to go, and he's an element that you have to gain plan for. Sorry, there's no like there's there's nobody that can replace the aura, swag, whatever it is about Ronald Lacunya. You also cannot expect seventy seventy stolen base pace forty home home run pace for the rest of the season. Just expect to see him this a win if he plays two or three games this weekend. To me, you get him out there during this stretch. If he can play eighty five percent of the games that are out there, and that's why they've kind of waited for him to be ready, then that's a positive for the Braves. He'll hit a few dangers, steal a few bases. Let him get his feet under him before you start laying expectations on him.
Speaker 1: This was talked about a little bit a couple months ago, including on our show. Do you be careful with him during the regular season As far as stolen bases, there's not much that you can pull back on with a player like this who plays with ferociousness. But you can give him a yellow and a red light at times. Todd Father, right, you can't tell him, hey, don't go all out on a fly ball. I mean there's a lot of things right, you know that you can't really tell a player to chill on. You can actually stop him from being as aggressive on the base paths. If you are the Braves, would you do that?
Speaker 3: I think the one thing, and this might sound like so like uncircumstantial, like the you know you're worried about this. I think the biggest thing for me, I wouldn't say, you know, stop his aggressiveness. Little thing like this cratzy and you might agree, might not sliding feed first. I think honestly, guys who slide you know, head first with their hands now you can have you know, hand problems. I know he's got bad legs, but sliding feed first, you know, helps you from not getting a shoulder problem if somebody.
Speaker 2: Lands on you, or a hand or a risk.
Speaker 3: I know he's had the leg problems, but it's I think it's much easier sliding feed first. You might have to slow down just a little bit more, but understanding like I don't have to go guns and blazing Pete Rose all, you know, getting after it, that kind of thing. I wouldn't take the aggressiveness away, you know, because that's when usually sometimes you do get hurt. So I would I would say, listen, maybe let's trying feet first on all these bases instead ahead first.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know how tough that's gonna be for him to tuck that knee under the other leg. You know the old figure four when you're sliding feet first. If he's not used to it, I don't know. I say no, I say let him run. Let him run only because stealing bases. How many times do you see guys pulling hammies on stealing bases? Rarely? You see it running down the first baseline. Oh he's not running, Oh bobbled now.
Speaker 1: I'm going out.
Speaker 4: Failed it failed, it failed it. How many times do you see guys pulling up on plays in the outfield? Rarely? To me, it's all about him understanding the pace that he has to run on ground ball outs. Sounds sounds trivial. But when he's on the bases, let him go, let him, let him test his limit, because maybe that year that he didn't quite have the best year coming back, maybe he was a little too cautious, So let him.
Speaker 2: Test the limit.
Speaker 1: Okay, A couple other things with the Braves Orlando Arcia designated from assignment. He was an All Star in twenty twenty three, former teammate of Yours Krats, and less than two years after reaching the All Star Game, he is either going to be off the roster or in the minor leagues. But that's how quickly the game can change. It's not really necessarily an age thing. He's always battled the hit tool right.
Speaker 4: He has, he has and that's why he was an All Star the one year because he was hitting I think he was hitting to ninety at the All Star break. He fell off after that, but last year he hit too eighteen seventeen dangers. Like, I think the writing was on the wall for him to start this season because his strikeouts just ballooned the last season, and I think they were sick of some of the bats that they saw from Oh, he was still kind of productive. I was surprised because we just had who did we just have on talking about the Braves just the other day. Yeah, Grant McCauley was on and he said, yeah, Nick Allen. He's always been a glove first guy. Orlando Arcia is one of the best shortstops that I've played with. This guy is a big league shortstop and he's a glove first guy, so Nick Allen takes his spot. Maybe they thought there was some offensive upside, as much as there's not much there with Nick Allen, they probably felt it was better than with oh Orland. Arcia is energy galore. I know, the whole thing with Bryce Harper in the playoffs. That's not why they ended up DFA and him. I think really his his at bats and just the quality of that bats diminished some last year. This year he's only gotten thirty two plate appearances.
Speaker 1: Krats. I'm gonna let ever in on a little secret. I am not a fan of carrying around physical cash.
Speaker 2: I go cash.
Speaker 1: App, where you can send, receive, or transfer money with family and friends. It's super easy. They got your back to Like, if you're trying to send some money and you maybe put in the wrong account name, they'll be like, hey, this is a sketchy account. Are you sure you want to send this? Cash app has your back. They do it safe, securely, easily and fee free.
Speaker 4: And all you got to do is download the app and Scott can actually pay for his half of dinner exactly.
Speaker 1: For a limited time, only new cash app users can use our exclusive code to earn some additional cash for real, there's no catch. Download cash app, sign up, it's very easy, and use our exclusive referral code Territory in your profile. Send five bucks to a friend within fourteen days and you'll get ten dollars dropped right into your account. Terms apply. That's money, that's cash app.
Speaker 2: We've all been in their crafts? Are you and I too as well? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I still think he's a really good ballplayer. I just think it just was the quality of baths, like you said. So if I'm another team, you know, looking for somebody, maybe you try and fill him in and he gets his career back on track a little bit.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Question I want to see here, I want to see how Acunya gets worked in. And it's really based around Snicker. Can Brian Snicker run a lineup out there that is not nine every day guys? Is he able to make that adjustment or is he just locked into the nine everyday guys? And could that be the Braves downfall not being able to get all the value out of their entire lineup, out the entire roster.
Speaker 1: So you want to get some value out of Craig Kimbrel in your bullpen. That's the last piece of the puzzle here. All the big names come back to atl So Strider's back now, hopefully for good. Ronald Lacuna Junior returns this weekend. Creig Kimberl has a one two nine earned round average in Triple A. Braves bullpen has been mid this year, and we can show the list of what the bullpen looks like. I think you can squeeze Craig Kimberl on there if he's looking the way he does in Triple A. Stuff's always been there. Got to watch the walks. But it's basically the same script that we've said for a long time. Rats, you think the time is looming for Creig Kimberle to return to Atlanta, maybe for the final chapter of his career.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean they'll give him a chance. Well, but let's let's temper expectations on eras in Triple A. The biggest issue that Triple A hitters have that big league hitters who stay in the big leagues, not dudes that just go from Triple A to the big leagues, is swinging at too many pitches, and when you're a guy that doesn't throw a lot of strikes consistently. When things aren't going well, you can take advantage of triple A hitters. And I'm not saying because I haven't seen one single pitch of Craig Kimberl's in the bushes, but a guy with that track record, you got to make sure his end zone, pitch location that he's having in the bushes is good before you say, Okay, we're gonna supplant somebody and send them down to the bushes and put Kimberl in the big leagues.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we we all understand triple A is not the major league, so, uh, one two nine is really good. I'm not taking that away from him, but you know, it's not the caliber in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: But it is a good sign for him.
Speaker 3: It's a positive sign that he's working well and we want to see it, you know, you know, the Braves people want to see it translate in the major leagues and he would fit perfectly in this bullpen right now, and hopefully it does translate again.
Speaker 1: Hey, the Minnesota Twins have made a miraculous run through their tough start to the season, and they always have to whether the injury bug two, Carlos Korea activated after that ugly collision with him in Byron Buxton. And this is a team Godfather that started slow than they won thirteen in a row. Actually a little triviacuse we did it yesterday and some people liked it. Do you know what was the longest win streak before that? It was in the last few years, longest win streak before the twins for them or for anybody, for anybody. I didn't realize because I feel like every year we get a double digit but I'm like, oh damn, we hadn't had one since this team, which I had forgotten about, but they picked it up. You guys know, it's probably a tough one to a lot of teams have had like ten to eleven. This was twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: Was that the Yankees run that they made Like.
Speaker 1: No, okay, no, I mean the thing is a lot of teams have done the double digits ten eleven, but this one was in twenty twenty two and it was a fourteen game winning streak. I don't think you're gonna get it. When I when I looked and I read this in an article, and I kind of quizzed. Myself. I was like, hey, I don't remember that one. No, I don't seattle.
Speaker 2: With their pitching staff. Why I could see it happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had a fourteen gamer in twenty twenty two. Wow, big tweet to show you that. I'm sure Aja wishes he could talk about as well. It's related to the Pittsburgh Pirates. We just spoke about them at the tail end of that conversation. The Pittsburgh Pirates last night scored more than four runs for the first time Todd bother since April twenty second, snapping a twenty six game streak that was a month ago. So when you consume our show in the offseason and most of us say, pirates still stink offense isn't going to get it done, And you see this play out and their season's already over and they're already working on the second manager this season. This is why.
Speaker 3: Imagine betting all those games that they wouldn't score three and a half runs. I mean, that would be someon would be pretty rich. I mean somebody probably did it for a couple of dimes or whatever. Cratzy, do you do it?
Speaker 4: No, it was looking it was the last the last like ten days i've been watching it, the number has just been it's been too high. It's been too high. Now they haven't they haven't gotten four every time, but.
Speaker 2: No, I got you.
Speaker 1: But yeah, four and a half though the under on four and a half hit for a month straight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's remarkable.
Speaker 3: But listen, you could tell you could tell it was just going south right from the get go.
Speaker 2: And this is what always happens.
Speaker 3: And we always talk about how the Pirates come out strong. Yeah they did okay in their first upcoming this year, but it's the blame game. You know, they blame one person, they blame this guy. You know, we're we're not spending you know, everybody is too much money. And that's that's just the way it goes. You know, even when I was there, it was it was just it was off. And you know, there's a bunch of good people there that are playing the game, which I love and still respect, but it's just it's not where it should be.
Speaker 2: And it starts from the from the top all the way to the top.
Speaker 1: This is in the spreading rumors category, But I feel like you don't report this unless you feel pretty good about it. Bruce Levine talking about the Chicago Cubs being the winner of the twenty twenty seven All Star Game sweepsakes. So this year is in Atlanta, next year is in Philadelphia, and I haven't seen the support from anywhere else. But he did clarify the breaking news with a follow up tweet and said the All Star Game will be awarded to the Cubs sometime this summer. MLB wants each city to have two years planning for the event. Derby Fantastic, etc. Sid sources told me Chicago will get a winfall of two hundred and fifty to three hundred. I'm assuming Llans millions.
Speaker 3: No, two fifty to three hundred. That's Bruce, Come on, Bruce, finish. Finish what you're talking about. Man, And you forgot that. He forgot the period and separate in summer dot MLB. There's no such thing.
Speaker 4: Maybe he got hacked. Oh maybe he got hacked.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe, but you got it. You gotta finish it. Two fifty three hundred. That's awesome. Good for the car.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's like when you get a letter in the mail. You have won one million monies from.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 4: Just send me five hundred American dollars in gift cards and I will, and you're like, really, one million moneies, Come on, Bruce, two hundred and fifty to three hundred dollars. That will be a fun home run derby in Wrigley Field. They had to postpone it until the wind is blowing out for else it will suck.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're back ft FAM will give this one a couple of minutes, obviously, don't want to give it too much time, just more based on the trolls that cause the situations here with players. Leam Hendricks, friend of the show, so on Instagram posting that he's gotten death threats from fans. This is a week after Lance mccullors Junior was posting about that as well. Call it whatever you want, Twitter muscles, social media muscles. I mean, people send ridiculous things and hopefully authorities are able to find those people. So he laid it out. I think it's important to do this because I know a lot of players deal with this todd Father, you know, abuse of some kind. This is like kind of the ultimate on the verbal abuse side. But I do see some players being a little more transparent about this now because maybe they're frustrated that it happens, and not a lot gets done. So if you at least publicize it, you can get talked about within the public sphere and hopefully, you know, people get pissed. Things actually do happen. There's more public pressure to make sure that you know, I don't know what the laws are and whatever else. I know, you can't that threat people. That's a freaking crime.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous. It's crazy. I had I had one.
Speaker 3: I had one when I was playing with the White Sox, and you know, I called our security up right away. They figured out. I actually found out who the person was and it was it was kind of scary.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It brought in some family members too as well. You don't ever want to hear that. That's like your worst nightmare. I feel terrible, terrible, terrible for both these guys mc colors and Hendrix. I don't think it's right. I think it's unfair. It's just something else on your mind when you lay on your pillow a night knowing that this son of a gun, whomever it is, girl boy, whatever it is, wrote this and has the audacity to say that. Now it's on your mind everywhere you go. You know, you got to go on the road and your family doesn't come with you.
Speaker 2: Now what you know?
Speaker 3: You know, it's scary, It's really scary, and you wish this never happened. People sometimes need to get a grip in life and and understand like everybody's human.
Speaker 2: This is this is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's cowardice. It's just like and people say, oh, it doesn't affect you. It affects people because you question, like who is like, who's really that pissed that one? They would tweet that to you two? Like you see a lot of people. It makes you just step back. And unfortunately this is why stars sometimes don't put themselves out there to be connected with fans. It's it's sad.
Speaker 5: If you're a card collector or you'd like to get into card collecting, may I suggest Arena Club and Slab packs, which means that you can rip the packs digitally and of course get the card that you want.
Speaker 1: It's also the most trusted name in the game. And I would rather rip packs these days on my phone than sit next to you and have you grabbing one of my physical packs if I was grabbing one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you don't need me grabbing your packs because last time you grabbed one, it ended up like this car. So let's not have that. And that's why Arena Club is great. They send them to you in these fancy protectors like the Scout Brown card that we have here, and they'll come safe. They're already graded. Or you could do like I do and just leave my cards in the showroom and never actually see them physically. Yeah, but they're safe, protected, and if I want to sell them, I can't.
Speaker 1: Buy sell trade. They offer full transparency, showing every card in the slab pack with the likelihood of pulling each one, so you know exactly what's available before you buy. Get twenty percent off your first slab pack or card purchase by going to arenaclub dot com, slash foul and use code foul. Hey, let's talk about a tough strike zone in Colorado. Yesterday, Jonathan Parra, the homeplate umpire, according to Matt Gelb, said might have the worst strike zone that he has seen all season. You saw the scorecard, crats did it? Back it up?
Speaker 4: No, That's why I looked it up because Matt Gelb's he's rating. I even went into the scoring and the scoring for the game wasn't awful. I'm trying to pull it up here to get you the numbers. But the scoring for the for the game wasn't awful, and his scoring for the season wasn't awful. Yes, the pitch that he called that, Marshan Marsian tried to Yeah, his score for that game was, I mean he was ninety four percent called strike, ninety four percent called ball. Obviously we're making glaring that. I mean, that was glaring. And to me, if you watch that Jonathan the umpire, look how far in he sets up he is. He's almost in off the inside corner. He's never gonna be able to see that pitch away, especially coming from a lefty. He assumed that was gonna be a strike. The worst part he did it to Hunter Goodman, his catcher, like, come on, guy, Like, if you're gonna ring somebody up, ring up a third basement or something like a third base on that can touch it. Catchers, come on. Maybe Goodman wasn't catching that day. I don't I didn't see the lineup, but man, but his his scores throughout the season aren't that bad. This is just an egregious.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It gets fixed next year, god father.
Speaker 3: That's my one thing's fects next year, Come on, man it.
Speaker 4: I love the human element, Scott. Human element, That's what.
Speaker 1: I love, top father. These catchers with the like you know, it's out here, and they try and do it on every pitch right now, you know, some pitches like eight feet off the plate and they're like they're like.
Speaker 2: M Hmmsten, yeah, you got them terrible. I mean I got I got hair in my MoU excuse me, listen, listen.
Speaker 3: Here's here's my problem with umpires. And I've talked Joe Tory about this because I had an argument. I said something on after an interview about how bad you know, one of the umpires was back in the days.
Speaker 2: I man, you can't do that. I'm like, well, explain something to me, Joe.
Speaker 3: Why do umpires set up so far inside on the plate when why don't they set up directly in the middle point so they can see whether it's an outside striker and inside show. And his point was, well, the foul balls come back to the middle and umpire has been getting hit in the head, which understandable. I think they can get hit with a foul ball on either spot, but I guess it's more unlikely to hit him if they're on the inner part. So they if say I'm on the inside, look I'm on TV. Now I'm on the inner part. Let's look here. This is a guess. You're guessing right now if that's a striker ball. The catcher catches it right here, you were guessing whether it's a striker ball. Now if he catches it here, you're guessing if it's a striker ball. So it's hard and that is the human element. But that was just a really bad call. So I don't know, not sure.
Speaker 1: The answer is tap tap tap on the head next year and we.
Speaker 3: Have doesn't want it? Tap tap? I do want it, I want not, I don't. I don't want anything else. I don't want any other crap check swing baloney. What the heck is that guy?
Speaker 2: I know? That's it. That's it.
Speaker 1: But you're, yeah, just to clarify, you're good with what's going to happen next year, which is that call getting challenged and getting fixed because you wasn't in a position.
Speaker 3: Three strikes, three challenges. That's it.
Speaker 2: They're not going to do me.
Speaker 1: Well wait, no, I am going to agree with you.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying you'm good, okay. Albeit no, they do.
Speaker 1: Three challenges are good. But here's the only difference. For example, Umpire Auditor, which is it's umpire scorecard and order. Those are the two accounts that track all this stuff. Yesterday, Yanks Rangers. Yanks win one nothing, sixteen miss calls in the game, twelve of them go against the Rangers. If the Rangers are really on their game, they're gonna head tap twelve times and get them right and keep going. You know what I'm saying. I mean, obviously there's probably some post they might get it wrong.
Speaker 2: Get it wrong. It goes away right if you get it if you lose one.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey listen, you could have fifteen tap tap tap INDs and guess what, that's fair. Fine, that that changed the whole game. That's okay. I'm fine with that, but don't change. And I don't want anything else. I don't want to all of a sudden, Oh this worked out really good. We don't need a numpower behind home plane anymore. Now, that's ridiculous. So I don't want that at all.
Speaker 1: That's fair. It's gonna make them better, though, tom So you're describing how uh power wasn't set up correctly for that pitch right, Well, he keep picking on him and he misses those, and teams keep head tapping him, and all of a sudden he's getting blasted for flocking a challenges that go against him. He's gonna have to get better because that's like an umpire strikeout.
Speaker 3: Now we talk about accountability. That's one step forward for umpires.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, it's a training session right now the cult.
Speaker 3: And I'd be a little embarrassed too if I'm back there. God man, they just challenged ten and got nine out of ten. Right, all right, let's lock it in here.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying one hundred percent. That's the part that I like is it is going to bring better quality so you don't have as many challenges. You're going to have to fix that if there's an issue. So, uh, let's let's hit the Rockies because we didn't really talk about them this week, but it's hard to avoid. They're still an eight wins on the season, so oh god, fifty games start of eight and forty two, worst in the modern era since nineteen oh one. Previous record they beat was actually recent the twenty twenty three A's back when they were in Oakland. Ten and forty for them. Previous worst start for the Rockies was their expansion year fourteen and thirty six. But we have a team, Todd Father on May twenty third, that's in single digits in the W column.
Speaker 3: And who do they play today?
Speaker 1: By the Phillies. Now they got the syanky Yankees.
Speaker 3: And listen, this is and I hate to say this, this is a series where the Colorado Rockies might win two out of three.
Speaker 2: It's just the way it goes. How this Yankee team, how they usually go.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying I don't I don't think it will happen, but if it does, don't be surprised. Teams come into New York they're not supposed to win, and eventually they do. It's like a you know, three to one game, and you're sitting there like what just happened?
Speaker 2: Like, oh, the same old Yankees.
Speaker 3: Just if I'm a Yankees fan, which I am another Yankee fan, don't think too much into this.
Speaker 2: If they don't win all three games, it's all up time.
Speaker 4: It's so true. It's so true, not that it's the Yankees, just that you go in as a fan saying, ah, this team's got eight wins. How do you even lose a single game to these guys. The reason is they have big leaguers on that team. Maybe they don't have a big league front office, but they have big league players on that team. Dudes that can do things, a pitcher that can throw well. But to win only eight games and essentially the first month and a two months of a season is crazy. And that's why they're break. They're two games up on the worst start since what was that stat?
Speaker 1: I forget wherever the stat.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, and it's it's awful and you should have an advantage in Colorado. It's almost like they were like, it's tough to play in Colorado. We're gonna fight against that. We're gonna make sure it's it is tough to play in Colorado for us and not the other teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, even wipe that away. They're just on pace to be the worst team ever after we had the worst team ever. So here's where we're at with some of the bottom featers. And it's not just a money thing with the Rockies. They've actually spent money at times. They bought Chris Bryant a few years ago. It was the wrong call. So they're making the wrong buys right now, and that's part of the problem here too. My thing is, yeah, yeah, that's definitely the manager's fault for making that decision. Sure. My thing is, if I'm watching the series this weekend, Todd Father, likely that you'll see one of them where it's eighteen to two something crazy where they just don't have the big league pitching depth. The Eights are actually dealing with that problem right now with their bullpen. Their bullpen right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if you start getting through them, then all of a sudden you got one of those twelve two games. Then the position player comes in and then you get those really lopsided scores.
Speaker 2: Ft fam.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the Hof app. If you're into parlays, but sometimes you're missing the mark more than you would like to. Can I introduce you to some serious analytics on an app that is easy to read and comprehend. And I'm sitting next to a man who knows how to place a parlay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the biggest thing is breaking down a parlay With this Hall of Fame app, there's the situations that you'll be you'll find easier to do. It's very helpful and understanding. And if you like, you know, gambling. Sometimes this is really good to know. So get on there, get on that Hall of Fame app and check it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is info that will help you.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: With a four point nine rating in the App Store and over six thousand and five star reviews, safe to say that HOF has already helped a lot of people that smarter. For a limited time only, FT listeners can get a seven day free trial and fifty percent off their first month when they use code foul at check out. Download the HOF app on iOS or Android. Enter code foul and you're all set for the people. Let's go to cyud Blazer and Heath Fell on Friar Territory, that show that covers the Padres on a weekly basis. Heath Bell chiming in with what the Padres can do to get out of their rut. The losing skid is at seven, right or six six the losing skid that's six. Yeah, they lost. They got swept by the Mariners and then they got swept by the Blue Jays, which finished up yesterday with the blue Jays down a run in extras, catching back up and then getting the walk off. So here's what Heath Bell says, the old school way to do things. Things are where you climb out of a slump by hanging with the boys.
Speaker 7: To be honest with you, I mean, I'm at the level is they need to go get drunk. They need to go get hammered. As a team, they need to drink because I feel like they're pressing. I feel like they're not swinging at good pitches. I feel like pitchers are trying to do too much. But really, I mean some of the games that we've lost, it goes down to we're just not hitting the ball at all, and I feel like, you know, they got to mix it up. They got to do something a serious note. Maybe they need to don't take bad in practice today, or everybody hit the ball the other way, or but they need to Like early in the season, I was saying, this is a team. I feel like it's not a team anymore for some reason. You know, there it's getting a little bit more individual. We need to get back to a team. So like, have a team barbecue, have a go out together, go.
Speaker 4: See bad Bunny.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm not saying go get hammered, but yeah, that's kind of what we do back in the day. Go get hammered and just you'd show up the next day just hungover and you're like whatever, I just want to survive the day. And the funny part is you just do the little things. You're just like, okay, let me just try to put a good swing on the ball. Let me just try to throw strikes. And I mean David Wells was hungover and through a perfect game. It does happen. You know where the golden thong, asked Derek Jeeter. So you know, it's just one of those things. Maybe everybody needs to wear a thong that day, but they need to do something they really do. The thhole point is they need to talk about like how we're laughing and all this to get back and stop thinking about, man, we've lost how many in a row we're dropping in the standings, where hey, let's just go play baseball. Let's just win one at a time, don't worry about anything. That's what they really need to do.
Speaker 1: More from Heath Bell on Friar Territory. If you like the delivery there, Todd father obviously everyone drink responsible and he was kind of kidding, but there's things you do right as a team. Aside from strategy to try and get out of a rut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can.
Speaker 3: That was fantastic just the way he talks about I mean, you can't get away with any of that now. I mean, especially in the game with video cameras and everything else. You can put all the bats together and have like a little prayer with the bats in front of you and say something.
Speaker 2: You know, you could talk to your bat.
Speaker 3: You know, you could take a shower with your uniform on and get all the bad juju off of it.
Speaker 2: All that.
Speaker 3: There's all different types of stuff you could do, but ultimately, you got to find a way to win one game and that'll kick start your back to where you need to be.
Speaker 1: Good starting pitcher for the next game usually helps too, Kratz.
Speaker 4: That is the time that you have meetings. That's the time you have parties because you're like, eh, you know what, we got Garrett Cole going tomorrow, we got Dylan ciscoing, Michael King's been pitching. Well, let's make sure we do this right before. And sometimes those starters are like, come on, bro, like why do we always have the team parties before I pitch? Oh? Because you're the best pitcher.
Speaker 1: Hey, that comes with the contract. If you're an ACE, they're signing you up so that they can have successful team meetings.
Speaker 2: It need be.
Speaker 1: Let's get to you sho hoo Tani's progress. I know some of you probably sick of hearing it, but we're getting someone from inside a pretty direct here, giving us more info on when we'll see a two way player like this in our sport again. Mark Prior, pitching coach for the Dodgers on Dodgers Territory yesterday, said this.
Speaker 8: As as everything was show. He's unique and he's kind of an outlier situation. You know, there's days where he goes four for four and he's run around on the base pass and he comes in the next day and he's feeling, you know, tired and exhausted. You know, so the throwing work volume needs to be cut short or tweaked.
Speaker 2: To kind of manage that.
Speaker 8: And so it's been an ongoing learning process, I think for everybody involved.
Speaker 1: But he is getting closer.
Speaker 8: His last couple of bullpens, he's really ramped up kind of the intensity and all his pitches, and.
Speaker 2: So, you know, I think we're getting close.
Speaker 8: I think we're getting close to where he can start facing some hitters, whether that's in the next couple of weeks or you know, as we turn into into June.
Speaker 2: At the a lot of part of June.
Speaker 8: I don't think that's unreasonable, but honestly, things are are always a little bit TVD just because of what he does on the offensive side of the ball and what the stress of that takes on his body at times.
Speaker 1: Good stuff from pitching coach Mark Pryor, and a good point there, Kratz. I mean, he's also playing every day.
Speaker 4: He is playing every day, and he's going to be playing every day when he's pitching. So you would think they had this model, but you forget he hasn't pitched for the Dodgers yet. The Dodgers are going to try to build this model for him of how he feels. Give us a number rate on one to ten, how tired are you? The interesting thing is are they going to expect him to not dh so that he can start once he's fully back. I'm not even saying he's gonna be fully back this season. I'm saying, how are the Dodgers going to do it? Because the Dodgers leaned towards We're going to make sure he's not tired because they know it's associated with injuries, so how are they going to handle it? We get a little sneak peek there by Prior.
Speaker 3: Slowly and steadily, that's all I can say about him. Slow everything down, let him be him, take your time, as we talked about numerous times, and he'll be fine. You got to make sure from head to toe everything is in the right position for him to pitch and play as well meaning hit. So focus on that. Prior is a really good dude. Was in my or was in a big league camp with him, and he had some really good wisdom, and uh, yeah, they know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Let's slap a guest reminder. Next week we should have Pete Alonzo back on. Remember he had to delay his appearance, so we should have Polar Bay. I think maybe Tuesday or Wednesday, So keep an eye on that. And happy birthday, Bucks, oh Walter, part of the ft fam. I hope you enjoy the weekend, maybe get a little golf in. Looking at matchups, We've got Freddy Peralta against Paul Skeens tonight.
Speaker 2: That's a good that's a good eat.
Speaker 1: I like it. What about an underrated pitching performance to look at krats for the kiddos that don't throw a billion Chris Bubach against Bailey Ober.
Speaker 4: I mean that is the two unique dudes where the one guy the velo's not there, but both dudes throw fastballs that guys are a day late and a dollar short on. And Ober's really turned it around and Boobich has been nails all season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at the lines and the recent performances for those two. It's standing out. Why is that? I mean, obviously we've talked about this before, but Todd Father, you got some guys you'll face like. I mean, Ober's huge too, doesn't throw hard yet you'll see him through a heater up in the zone and as a fan you're watching, you're like, they're so late on that they can't make contact on you know, ninety three.
Speaker 3: It's like Chris young Man when he when he pitched, he's seven feet tall, but he didn't throw hard at all. You just it's the it's the late life. I would say, it's the ball. It rises a little bit, it's downward tilt. They knew how to how to throw it. They would throw the ball down to you, they would rise it at seven feet tall and you're just like, man, they're just pinpoint controlled too. They would get that a couple of inches off the plate and you're like, oh man, now I'm in the hole and you're like, what happened? But yeah, that's what I did. They're crafty and they are underrated, and it's a it's a fun game to watch because you're like, why aren't these guys hitting the ball?
Speaker 2: Of course, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: But the matchup I'm looking at Nick Pavetta, Chris Saialeman, anything with Chris Sale in it, and Nick Pavetta, who's got good emotions.
Speaker 2: Both of them.
Speaker 3: Man, they leave it all in the line there. That's going to be a fantastic game to watch for me.
Speaker 1: Nick Pavetta against the boys, the old squad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the old squad too, yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: No, sorry sorry, he's against the Braves. Sorry right, yeah, yeah, bravos.
Speaker 4: But still meshing. You were meshing where Sales should have been.
Speaker 1: And where Pavetta had been for a long time. Mm hmm yeah. And that curveball, he's always had the stuff. That's been a good one and hey, Padres need to get back on track here. Tough sledding. As we talked about Yeah, not fun to run into salea Yeah. Hey, if you missed the top of the show, we spent a good ten fifteen minutes on what's going on with the Braves, so you can check that out. Obviously, they're getting some of the big boys back. Now you can start to really judge how you think the twenty twenty five Braves look. I will say some Braves fans are a little too harsh on their team. I did this on a radio hit recently. I was on one of the radio stations down there, and then they posted about it, and people like, bug off, like you don't know, crap, they suck, like they don't suck. Like you are way too spoiled as a as a fan. If you think the Braves this year haven't been good, you know, like you'll talk to some people down in that area and they're like, ah, yeah, not this year. I'm like, we're You're in the playoff race and you've been missing your two big boys for most of the year. Just give it a little time. I'm not saying they're gonna win the World Series, but this team's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who else are you going to root for? Come on?
Speaker 1: That's right, you'd have to move and guess what. There are a lot worse situations to be in ballpark. Battery success, recent World Series win, how much to complain about?
Speaker 4: Braves have a good kind of like that, always getting.
Speaker 2: Extra mm hmm our our haircut for me.
Speaker 1: Our mm hm Wow.
Speaker 3: I get the massage, I get the massage and the ladder, I get it all nice.
Speaker 1: It's working for you, it's working for your baby.
Speaker 2: I'm enjoying. I made a trip the.
Speaker 1: Memorial Day weekend for everyone. Hope it's great for you. Todd father back clean shaven next week. Let's see then. And if you want to use a home run boost token tonight, then you activate that token when you bet on any player to hit a home run in an MLB game on the bet mgm app. If that player does homer, you get a bigger payout. Krats did it with his Bulty home run lock. Would you go from five point fifty right plus five fifty to six hundred with the boost token six.
Speaker 4: Six sixty plus six sixty?
Speaker 1: Look at you there it is, so go find your own boost token on the bet mgm app. Gambling problem or concern called wyne hundred gambler