Speaker 1: Out here, there's no one way of doing things, no one written rules, and no shortage of adventure, because out here the only requirement is having fun. Bank of America invites kids six to eighteen to golf with Us for a limited time. Sign them up for free one year membership, giving them access to discount to tee times at thousands of courses. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com slash golf with Us. What would you let the power to do? Bank of America Restriction supply CPA dot com slash golf with Us for complete details covered right twenty twenty five Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 2: Welcome and everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is leading off live. It is me Joey, p Joepzapia, That of course is the Welsh with Papa Joe, and it's you the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks hanging out here talking baseball and a lot of injuries as well. Welsh. I don't know who is in charge of the MOLB schedule, but these day games in forty degree weather in Detroit, these April games in Colorado in early April, what are we doing here? Guys are hurt everywhere I have no idea why Major League Baseball can't just say, let's open up in the West Coast or controlled environments as much as we can try to limit all this stuff at least till we get towards the end of April. I don't know what's wrong. It's very easy. Everybody plays, everybody. It's not a it makes my head hurt. I might explode before the show starts.
Speaker 3: But what are you gonna do? Like what I mean, like no, no, but like there's only so many West Coast teams, there's like five or six the all MLB for the entire.
Speaker 2: Weather controlled most of the time this summer year, You've got Look, there's plenty of places you can play. And I understand everybody wants to have for their home opener. Okay, fine, whatever, that's great, except for the fact that you know, this cold weather stuff is not meant for these guys in Major League Baseball. They're playing baseball in the forties and then they're going to other environments and every single person right now is on the IL.
Speaker 3: I feel like, yeah, and outside of the injuries too, that's gonna be the big focus here. We just dodged maybe like one of the biggest injuries. I will say it is really important to kind of hit home the weather stuff and what can happen in like throughout April and obviously the late March in some of the effects of these guys, whether it's minor league guys kind of like underperforming or take for instance, you know, just some of these players that are just not used to it or just being bogged down, like like I have a particular player I'm avoiding getting with you guys and being like I am worried about Garrett Crochet. Garrett Crochet, I've watched all of his starts. He doesn't look great easton Lucas. Yesterday someone asked in the chat, like, hey, what do you think East and Lucas. He looked pretty good in the broadcasts that were like, man, you know, it's really really cold, as the coldest it's ever been in Boston, you know, and Crochet kind of can't make get the grip. But Easton Lucas looks great, and maybe there's something to that. But like you take the weather stuff and how Crochet has been battling these lives. A couple of matchups v lo Is down, He's not getting whiffs his pitch mix is weird. He's not throwing the change ups that could be weather related. And some of these early performances before we make these huge decisions, like man, I just don't like this guy or that weather is going to have a definite effect, and I'm keeping out of my brain before I freak out and get all crazy about Garrett Crochet and some of these underperform.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna get all I don't think we could.
Speaker 3: Avoid like Colorado, and maybe.
Speaker 2: Like, yes, we can avoid Colorado right now, we can avoid Detroit at one o'clock in the afternoon, Like I just I just don't understand what's going on here. Fisher King's got a question her Dynasty trade Roman Anthony for Schooble. Now, typically I like to have the position players, but I'll take Schooble in this one. This is this is zero chill for me.
Speaker 3: I'm not yeah, I'm not like the biggest like picture acquisition in Dynasty, especially the high end, but absolutely no doubt I would rather have Jerik Scuba right now.
Speaker 2: All right, So let's get into the headlines because we've got a lot of stuff to talk about today, and let's start with the Padres imploding. That's right, friend, No, Tatis a weird swing, so he has shoulder discomfort. Remember this is the shoulder that he's had surgeries on, so what could go wrong here? He says he's okay day to day for now more to come. Mike Schild told reporters after the game that a twenty six year old outfielder tweaked his surgical repared shoulder on a swing before reaggravating it, so we'll see what's going on. He was sliding and then it got worse. So I just I don't like the sound of this at all. And on top of it, krona Worth came out of the game too because he has some cramping issues. He couldn't even get to first base. And then Jackson Merril goes to the io with a hamstring string. So Michael Cally, our producer, is freaking out because it was a bad night for the Padres who have started off red hot.
Speaker 3: He's about to drop jays all over the place like in every they had been leading off with you like he's going to be in a panic motive. You also lost Tatis after Maryland cronin Worth getting hurt. It would have been really bad The maryl One kind of stings the tatist one. I think it's gonna give you like a tiny bit of a pause. You do need to pay attention to it. If already this early in the season, you know he had a slight tweak to a surgically repaired shoulder. That's actually not a good sign at all for the rest of the year because he is just a fast swing. It's kind of like with Corbing Carol, a lot of people assume that shoulder that or elbow shoulder, whatever one that he has such a fast swing and just such a big like turnback. There's so much momentum that it was affecting him all year. I kind of worry a little bit about that with Tatis. Definitely something to monitor. And to Mike Mayer, yes, Garrett Crochet was good in his last start, but two of the three, if you watch them, have been less than what you expect out of this incredible. So that's why I'm saying, like, yeah, he had eight innings, it was amazing and da da da, but like you know, two of the three, some of the stuff doesn't looked quite as good. But keeping in whether in some of those effects is keeping me a little bit safe. But maybe I'm just overreacting.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to remember last year because I remember Crochet. Maybe I'm misremembering. It's very possible, but I seem like April last year was not good for him either, and it wasn't. I'm looking at it right now. I finally found it here, a five nine seven e RA in April for Garrett Crochet. So Garret Crochet, no like you? The cold Uh. He was pitching for the White Sox last year, slow start, but then on close stark guy. Whatever it is, but I'm looking at it right now. The whip was okay. The strikeouts were there, forty seven strikeouts, but the ERA was five nine seven. Uh, it was not great. Obviously, he gave up seven home runs in that month too. It's more than he gave up in any other month by a by a lot.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's good. That's good info to throw.
Speaker 2: That's a little bit of a throwing there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to respond to you.
Speaker 4: You did.
Speaker 2: Could you want to talk about Garrett Carter?
Speaker 3: I do. I kind of take but I will come on and mayors, thank you for the current ERI. What is mayarors problem?
Speaker 2: Mayor ma I woke up this morning. I was working on the show at six in the morning, and then I see a message from Mayor trolling me about my picks.
Speaker 3: For you got trolled. There's another one in there too, you got trolled a little bit more. What I would like to know in the chat is anybody at all worried long term for the season on Fernando Tatis Junior with him he dodged a bullet where great, he's having an insane season, but is there any new worry now that he's tweaked that and having the entire season in front of you, is that giving you pause? Or maybe even I could see people wanting to come off of him. I'm not sure if I am quite yet, but this has definitely sparked something in me. Like Mike just said, yes, worried? Let us know YouTube in the comments or live on the mombar here on twitch.
Speaker 2: Sure surgically a pred shoulder. Yeah, I'm I'm always worried. And I watched it. It didn't look great, like you could tell he was in pain, so we'll see big strikeouts. That was also a headline from yesterday. We had col Reagan's look fantastic eleven strikeouts for him. Clay Holmes ten strikeouts against the Marlins out. The Mets pitchers are really just eat up the Marlins. The Marlins young manager, too, is terrible, like he is. The broadcast, the Mets broadcast, if anybody's been watching, is just crushing this Marlins new manager. He is a rookie manager. He is setting up guys in weird positions. He's he seems all out of whack with where to defend people. And you should have the infield in when they should be in double play depth. The whole thing seems like a hot mess right now. So although the Mets pitching staff looks terrific, they have played the Marlins a lot. I know, they played the Jays two. That's a good lineup. They played the Astros two. That's fine. But let's not get too crazy with how great this Mets pitching staff. But a nice bounce back performance for Clay Holmes. Some good wood yesterday from James Wood three for five, two homers, So huge day for James Wood. That's got to make those people in the James Wood investment space very happy.
Speaker 3: Welsh Oh me, yeah, hundred percent. You know, it's really funny. I was doing like a little live stream on my my little end this league twitch, and I was talking about James wood in that like I love everything about it, and there's still people that are really worried, rightfully so, because there's some stuff. But you know, the average was low. This game alone put him over two seventy five, twenty four percent barrel, sixty four percent hard hit rate, huge max ev he's walking and also, weirdly enough, this is the weirdest split so far, short sample size. He's hitting four to twelve against lefties, one seventy four against righty's. I wonder if that's going to change, and it's only going to make things better. You're not gonnait four hundred aast lefties, but you're also not going to hit sub two hundred against righty's as a left handed hitter. I just really like James would always have. You're seeing the big output of what he can possibly do and his ability even though he does strike out to hit lefties if it calms down a little bit, he's showing an elite skill set and it was I think it's going to be a big payoff of acquiring and investing into James woodarly in the year.
Speaker 2: All right. Zach Vien made his debut one for four. It was a bunt single, So good on Zach Vien. Well, I would have been leagues.
Speaker 3: I think it should have been minus money that his first hit was going to be something ridiculous like fun.
Speaker 2: I would have bet that. I totally see it, all right. There was on pitching duds too. I was invested in the under, and by the third inning that got blown up. Chris Sale got beat around five runs, four and two thirds, so not a good start for him. Again, Braves continued to look weird. Zach Wheeler also struggled, So there you go. He was terrible. Five runs on eight hits and five and a third innings at work. So so much for the under in that game, So much for all the fantastic starting pitchers that were on the slate yesterday. We'll get the Schemes performance later in the show because he stunk it up too, So there you go. Not too much movement there in the National League, young Grays, because everybody basically stunk yesterday. But when you've got all these injuries and the things we're talking about here, you need something like my playbook to keep you up to date with all the player news for your specific teams. Right, it's gonna recommend players to you, recommend decisions for your lineup. And of course the best thing is you've got multiple leagues. You can set all your lineups from one spot on my playbooks to go to Fantasypros dot com slash MLB my playbook today, download the Fantasy Baseball My Playbook app too. That's easier. That's the way to do it. That way, you can get custom Fantasy Baseball news, rankings and analysis for your teams and dominate your competition. Welsh, we are pushing subs every single week here. We're gonna do some fun stuff here because the subs are coming, get fast and furious. Let's shout out some newbies here joining us on Twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros live today and every day Monday through Friday noon Eastern.
Speaker 3: Well they'll slow today, Radio Peppery most recent on the follows. Shout out to Radio. But as you mentioned, our goal is definitely get to that one hundred sub mark. You guys can do that with the Amazon Prime and followers are closing in on seven hundred. So I would say if we get to like I think the month goal should be let's call it one thousand followers and one hundred and twenty five subs. I think if we get there, that would rock. But shout out to all the new people. And if you guys do the follows of the subs, we will give you those shoutouts. There you go.
Speaker 2: You could tell Welsh was never in sales, even if it's a slow sales that you say, oh I got so many, But you know, I think this one, I'm gonna single out this guy because I like his screening whatever it is. See, you know, I spent time in sales. I hated it. I was good at it.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to sell you. I'm trying to nerd out. Let me talk about barrel rates and hard hit percentages. That's what I'm selling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, fine, let's talk about some guys down on the farm, because there are some players still crushing life. And I know it feels that we talk about these guys all the time, well because every day they do something else awesome. So Jack kag Leon, if you haven't seen this one, a one to eleven exit Vilo home run four hundred and sixty eight feet. It's on the front page of MiLB this morning. When I woke up, I went over there to take a look at it. Boom, it was right there. Massive home run from kg leone. So I don't know how much longer they're gonna keep him down there. Nick Kurtz again, I know it's every day. We got this Nick Kurtz meter two for five, three run homer for trip A Las Vegas, and Tyler Soderstrom was removed yesterday with right calf tightness. So Welsh, you think there's an opening here.
Speaker 3: If he goes on the il, without question, they got to bring him up unless they're not trying to like start some clock or whatever. I can't do anything more. It's just a rinse and repeat conversation. We should cut it and we could just play it through again. It's like this, Nick Kurtz is the best triple A hitter right now. He can't play anything but first put Rooker in the outfield or soda Strom in the outfield, make room how else? I don't know. Only other thing is an injury. I would assume if Soda strim it doesn't look like this is going to be something serious. But if you were to hit the il, Nick Kurtz immediate pickup. And he's the type of guy too that no matter what he does, I'm sorry if he is dominant, I don't think no matter what happens after the fact, they would send him back down. If he comes up and he hits like three, if he just keeps a way to bomb or two, They're going to figure something out. But Nick Kurtz the reason we keep talking about him because he's going to be up soon. And I think, by the way, I think he's up before CAGs. I've said that before. I think Kaggs is more of a medeear guy, regardless he is in CAGs in double A. Nick Kurtz is in triple A.
Speaker 2: Though. Solar's got a question here. And it's funny because I just did this in our shallow league. Are we dropping causes for TORQ? Yes, and I did on Monday because I've had it, so I'm riding the wave in the shallow league. I'm willing to make that move. So I guess Harry did it. And here's another one BD with Francisco Alpaz close to you like Camra, Kybert Ruiz rest of Season Alpharez a thousand times, a thousand times not even close. So those are two easy moves you can make. Also potentially some openings too for this young man. Zebbie Matthews struck out nine, allowed two runs five innings on Tuesday and start at triple A. So Zebbie Matthew is another one too that's kind of scratching at the big league level. And Pablo Lopez had a little bit of a hamstring issue last night, so keep an eye on that situation. Do you think zeb would be that first call up? Because if so, I can see us on the waiver wire video tomorrow talking about stashing Zebie Matthews sooner than later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so. I think early in the year's a little question would it be David Festa or Zebbi? Zebbie like he's a big command I mean, he's just like these other guys, Like what are like Pablo and Joe Ryan, Like what do they do? They don't walk guys. You know they'll have some good strikeout and like that's who Zebby is and he can go deeper into game. So I do think Zebi would be that guy all right.
Speaker 2: Also, Bubba Chandler eight cas for him and four shoutout innings on Tuesday, so nice to see him having a good start. Let's talk about more things that are exciting. Oh, Wick's good.
Speaker 3: Well, I just wanted to say sure. I said this about Bubba Chandler and it literally hit fifty two pitches in his first start. I said, they're gonna they said, you know, Cap, They're going to build him up. I said, next start is going to go to sixty. This start sixty pitches, So next start will go probably to seventy, and that means after the next start he could come up, or it'll be one after. I personally think they goes seventy and then seventy five, So I think at least two more starts before he's viable to be called up if you are stashing Bubba Chandler, but they're running it right out.
Speaker 2: Some Kurts questions, So let's get to these. Bz weezy or be weezy, excuse me, Vien or Kurts would you rather have?
Speaker 3: I mean, I if Kurtz was up, I would want him over Veen, like without question. I know you're asking Veen right now. I'm not that enamored with Vien, but if you're.
Speaker 2: Not a star base Gus, then sure I'm team Kurtz on this one positive grouch with a question is just funny. I think it's just a troll. Are you saying Hurts or Kurts? I need some help with this, Pan Pan Pan Pan.
Speaker 3: You're saying pan.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's stupid, stupid name. Uh? You not like an idiot Ozuna for Kurtz in a Dynasty league, you're ready to pull that trigger on that one. O. Zuna could be at the end of his tail here a little bit still in a good season. I'm sure he's gonna be good this year. But in Dynasty, man, I think I want Kurts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, without like it, especially if you're not competing at all, Like that's a no brainer. Ozuna is like thirty six. Kurtz is gonna have, as you know, fifteen years probably in front of him, So no, as a little tougher if you're like a heavy competitive win Now team to trade a guy that you know probably has like top fifty bat upside for a guy like Kurtz. So we really just don't know and his blocked, but I probably still try to make that regardless.
Speaker 2: Fabby Davis Junior. Are we dropping Ventos now?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: If you're dropping Casus in a in a small ten man league, I think you can drop Vento's in that same one.
Speaker 2: Who are you dropping them for? I mean, first you have Rice ortorkal Sin, you have all those guys. I mean there's not a third base, so the third base. But that's the problem, the third base. I don't think you're doing that move. I just don't. It's just truld be worried about Santandero. Hold on, I'm holding on it. You know, new space, big contract, YadA, YadA. I don't have any concerns about that. And do we care about Nuelae Marte getting called up too because mclan goes in the io.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think it's interesting. Nouelvie strikeouts are low, He's stealing a bunch of bases. He had no homers, but he had six doubles in triple A so far. He has all the tools in the world. But I'm still worried about his pitch recognition and his ability to hit major league pitching. But guess what, he's still super young. You're going through that transitional period deeper leagues. I think he's worth testing the investment. Do I want to drop Vento's for Nowelvie, I don't know, maybe again in like a small small league, but I'm looking at newelvi in a little bit deeper. I do think he's worth the risk right now, just to see because they're not going to bring him up just for a lot.
Speaker 2: On Christian Conoscians to struggle too. So there you know. If he continues to perform poorly and Marte hits right away, maybe it was a reshuffling there of things with the Reds who buy the no, but it's I think it's more of a watch for me. No, bob noxious, do not drop Louis Robert in a twelve team had he had two steals yesterday? What are we doing? What are we doing? It's the ninth of April. I am salty today. All right, let's do three up and three down. Franber Valdez six shutout innings, eight k's against the Mariners, Frambur is a hell of a good picture. I just he just doesn't get enough credit. I love Frandbervaldez. Freddy Parolta got his first w of twenty twenty five. That's good news. Three he hits five innings of work, one run and he hit your k prop yesterday too. Oh oh short, that's right. Yeah, well I was right about that one. But you had Reagan's also yesterday, so you went over on that.
Speaker 3: Now, wait you betis I talked about Reagan's. I didn't bet it.
Speaker 2: Oh that sometimes talked about Reagan's, but you didn't bet it. And I was concerned about Freddy Parolta in Colorado going more than five innings, and what's what I'm getting.
Speaker 3: So listen, I went one and two on my bets on the show yesterday. But sometimes you just move past it because the process is good. Just real quick. Garrett crochet I had outs getting to six innings. He went five and two thirds, got a ground out Bregman error. Next play, Christian Campbell error. He doesn't get it. Put my hands up. Freddy Peralta had six strikeouts through four, doesn't get it through five, comes back. I'm sorry. After five eighty three pitches in the fifth inning are going into the sixth, they pull them. So they pulled them. With six strikeouts in eighty three pitch. My process was fine and it was there, but we didn't hit it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got up weather in the process with some of these bets, and actually some of My bets today are very heavy on some of the injuries that have happened, so I'm trying to take advantage of situations. So to Kyle Schwarbury, yesterday you went three for three with a homer, a triple, three ribs, A big day for him against the Atlanta Braves. The Downs Dylan Cees another top pitcher, nine run nine nine times and four innings. Not good. Lost to the A's on Tuesday, Kyle Freeland, no surprise. There are five runs on eight hits and six and a third and Paul Skeen's a career high five runs. So it looks like Paul Skeen's is not invincible.
Speaker 3: After all, Welsh, nobody is invincible, No one is superhuman. Even though Paul Skeens does have a little Clark Kent Superman in him, still got a bunch of whiffs in this one. It was kind of a weird setup. Early on, I was on the Neurfy.
Speaker 2: This was my Paul Skeins mustache byther.
Speaker 3: We did cash. Oh yeah, yeah, it's very good. But you have to just like scowl all the time like nothing's ever like you have the best life on the planet. It's like Livy Dunn and you're the best picture, but like everything is kind of miserable. Fastball splitter split. It didn't get a ton of whiffs yesterday, only thirty percent. It was biting out of the zone a little bit. He went kind of heavy, sweeper, sinker went away. It's just kind of a weird start down. Velo is down a tiny bit. I think there's some cold factor in there. I don't read, you know, really anything into It was just one of those like rare bad starts for Paul Skins. But Paul Skin's bad starts don't usually look like Dylan Ceeses starts where you're getting obliterated. And just to point out, I saw someone say this. I don't think it was in the chat today, but someone was like, I'm gonna start treating that a stadium like Colorado. And to be fair with how the ball's flying, I'm sitting here thinking it ain't even summer yet. It ain't even one hundred and five when that ball is gonna really start flying out. So we're gonna have to see what the summer looks like when you get to that Sacramento stadium. But ball is flying out even further, So flyball pitchers gotta be a little bit careful.
Speaker 2: That's why I was so excited about Rooker and Butler and all these guys. So it show's been great.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Day had a good day yesterday too, which he needed to because he had been terrible. Nice breakout day for Bludet. We'll see how he continues to hit. Let's get to the injuries, because there is a ton This just happened before the show. Justin Steele fifteen day il left elbow tendinitis. That is officially what it is. That's not good. So that's a huge blow of the Cubs or a there Matt McLain. We mentioned before it was looking like maybe we would get him back there today. No, he just goes on the IL. But it's retroactive to the April fifth. It's a hamstring trend. They don't think it's serious, so they're hoping to get him back sooner than later. Whyatt Langford had a side issue again, undergoes an MRI today. We'll let you know tomorrow whatever the results of that are. Hopefully we'll have that in But he, if memory serves, had a bit of an oblique issue in the spring. Did he not white Langford. I want to say he did.
Speaker 3: I think it was something like that. He was held back for a little bit. He missed a decent kind of springtime. This one is really not good. I got him in our Fantasy pros Full Company league and I'm like, oh no, we don't have il spots like I don't want him to go down for too long because I'm gonna miss something. And you know what's weird too, he was playing decently well. So many of those Rangers are underperforming. It's crazy. We got our trade video out where we talked about two Rangers not even talking about like Adoli Scarcia's underlying profile is insane without results, so many guys are underperforming why it kind of wasn't and now he's hurt Boom.
Speaker 2: And now he's hurt also. Herd Pablo Lopez was removed Tuesday from the game against the Rows with a right hamstring titaness. You could see it definitely tightened up on him. Was not good. I'm sure we'll get more news on this in the days to come. I would be shocked if he didn't miss a start. I'd be even more shocked if he didn't go on the eel because it's April, and you might as well just let these guys figure it out, you know, bring up the Festas or the Matthews, whoever you're gonna have fill in that spot. And they would not also surprise me if Festa was the first guy to get the call anyway, just because he made a bunch of starts last year. Maybe they leave Zebby alone. But I still want to stash Zbbi because I think it's only a matter of time. That's that was a very good performance from him yesterday. Also, Tobias Myers made a minor league rehab start yesterday, so we'll keep an eye on him. He's returning, working his way back.
Speaker 3: So bad, so bad, Yes, I know, great, it's just bad.
Speaker 2: Blake Snell has been clear to resume throwing on Monday, so we'll keep an eye on that one. And Zach Eflin diagnosed with a right lat strain that's going to require a trip to the fifteen day. I L and Welsh we know these lot strains, these are long term injuries. This is a bad situation here for the Orioles.
Speaker 3: This is not good. I mean, I gotta tell you for you know, for a picture. It starts with elbow, but obleak is kind of like number two. You see that and you're like, here we go. Lat definitely not great f I don't like this for Eflyn whatsoever. Also to throw out there was a little bit of an update could tell Marte who went for an MRI. Tory Leavello said, they are definitely in the week's standpoint and he's probably gonna take a week or two to kind of recoup and then he's gonna have to play in some games. So kud tell Marte looking closer to I think a may return than anything else, not a light little easy injury or anything like that when he went for his MRI. Oh and also Victor Roeblis. We got official news on Victor Robliss yesterday that he had a fracture from a dislocated shoulder. Three months he's going to be out, oh and it would be six if he does not require So here's the thing. He doesn't require surgery at some point in this six weeks of nothing, then it's going to be a six week ramp up where he's going to be a complex and minor league. So three months for Victor Robless. Unfortunately, if you don't want to Iel it or you don't have it. You can cut bait, put them on the al if possible. But I mean three months, man, it's barely any production. It's an l for me. I'm a big victor robleist guy. But fracture in that dislocated shoulder is nasty.
Speaker 2: Out painful, also painful again this Efflin injury to this rotation for the Baltimore Ools, which brings us to this week's Chasing Challenges segment, brought to you by Microsoft. Just like the athletes who push boundaries and redefine what's possible, business decision makers today are turning challenges into opportunities and Microsoft meets you where you are with tools and guidance to help you make an impact with safe, secure AI solutions. So whatever challenge you're facing, Microsoft empowers you with the expertise to say bring it on. And in this segment we spotlight the challenges faced by the Orioles pitching staff because guess what, it's ugly right now. You let Corbyn Burns walk. You could have thrown more money at him to stay. You have all these prospects like Kobe Mayo that you got no room for the inn at and all of a sudden, you could have dealt somebody like them in the offseason and maybe bring you a Garret Crochet. You didn't do that. What were you thinking, Orioles, because this is a problem. You were putting all your hopes and dreams on Grayson Rodriguez, who is a bright, young pitching prospect, but not a guy that's gone out there and throwing two hundred innings. You're trying to compete with the Yankees. You're trying to compete with the Red Sox, who are spending a ton of money this offseason. You're trying to compete with the Blue Jays, who looked much much improved year over year. Come on, Orioles, like I might just be taking one here and taking up the salvo for Ryan Warmley. I can't imagine how upset the worm is today about his Orioles looking at Zach Eflin being the ace of your rotation and somehow having dreams of being back in the playoffs. You are a playoff team last year. You crap the bet in the off season. You didn't bring enough starting pitching help in here. You brought in Charlie Morton, who's as old as me. Bad job, Baltimore Orioles. And now and now you're stuck because F one's gonna be out four months, not weeks, And now what is this rotation going to be? And you could see the Orioles fall out of things very quickly if they don't do something fast. So hopefully maybe they can turn some of these prospects into some pitching help immediately. And that's this week's Chasing Challenges segment. Remember Microsoft AI solutions are kinder than me and empower you to take bold steps and new ideas to help drive your business forward. With Microsoft as your trusted partner, you can navigate your journey with confidence, finding innovative solutions and reaching new possibilities. Visit Microsoft dot com slash challengers to learn more. All right, was they too tough on the Orioles just there? I don't think I was.
Speaker 3: No, I mean they we got the report yesterday that they only offered Corbyn Burns. I mean, you hate him, but four years I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to hate him. I'm just fading him. And so far as six.
Speaker 3: Weren't, I guess from a year to year perspective, they kind of were, but they weren't as competitive as it was made out to be so yeah, I completely agree. And back to what I've been saying for the last month or so, Marlins, you're on the clock with Sandy al Contra. Put him out there. There are teams yeah, and need Orioles need it more than ever. These guys have prospects. Kobe Mayo. Kobe Mayo has got to be the number one trade ship. The Orioles should be calling around to teams that would be trading some controllable starting pitchers and seeing can we get this done? But we'll see.
Speaker 2: The Mets will control the market though, because they have a prospect hall that they can back up now that I think beats everybody in terms of mix, in terms of mix of position players and pitchers. They had some really good spring performances from some of these pictures. Uh, they're coming up there.
Speaker 3: If they wanted to trade like Sprout and if you did, like let's say.
Speaker 2: I don't know, just and something else for al Contra, I think that's better package than just Mayo.
Speaker 3: Like well, no, I think we have trade more than Mayo. They've got some pitching prospects out there, like they could go Kay Povich and Kobe may I think the Orioles.
Speaker 2: Cape Poch with it rocked around man k Povic. So far I don't know. I ain't there yet. Let's let's to make some money to do it. Let's make some money today. So if you're trying to make money, go to fancypros dot Com slash leading Off New customers bet just five bucks and if your bet wins, you get two hundred bonus bets only on fan Duel. So go sign up today Fancy Pros dot Com slash leading Off and Welsh. That brings us to our best bets of the day with Joey p and the Welsh. So for me, I'm looking at showy Otani. That's right, we're back in the Otani business. Cause it's over point five on the Ribby's. That's pretty easy on plus money plus one twenty five. Give me the Cubs today. Why because the Cubs are taking on the Rangers, and the Rangers can't hit water if they fell out of a boat. Right now, simme and struggling burger looks like mince meat. See what I did there, It's a metaphor.
Speaker 3: You You just fired them up, though I did say it again, say that they can't hit anything.
Speaker 2: You can't hit. Rangers, you can't hit. And you know what, White Lang are not in the lineup today either. So again, this is what I'm I'm trying to do. I'm trying to take all this rage that I have and turn it into dollars. And I think that this Cubs lineup right now, they've been hitting all year. Tucker's been great, Imanaga has been solid. So I'm looking at Imanaga today against a weekend Rangers lineup. I love this plus one forty minus one and a half here on the run line. That's what I like. I think the Cubs win this one easily. Rangers are struggling to get any offense. Lastly, I'm also taking advantage of the Padres because they don't anticipate Tatis or Corona Worth being in the lineup. And I know the Jackson Merril's not going to be in a lineup. And Mchaalad was just a his first home rund of the year yesterday. So the A's just straight up on the money line minus went away. You got two slap nut pitchers pitching against each other today, It's nothing exciting. So I just see no reason why the A's can't pull this one. Out because I think the Padres are going to struggle with whatever lineup they throw out there. So I'm taking advantage of the Rangers weakness, the Padres weakness, trying to make some money off of it. Yes, I'm a mean person, but that's okay. Welsh. Maybe you're kinder and gentler with your bets than I am.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I mean we're angry off of yesterday. Like I said, process was three and oh yesterday. Sometimes the process is also a piece of garbage. Not yesterday. I was in the right place, but we only went I actually ended in the positive though. I mean, I'm gonna kill it today now with this but five day hot streak on Betting Pros because I had two other bets that I added throughout the day. You would know about them and could see them if you were on Betting Pros and followed me at Believe it's the Welsh or just Welsh, you can follow Joe and I and everybody else. But today we are tackling Kansas City, Minnesota, no run first inning. We're going back to a little bit of Nerfy action. I'm in for this one. Joe, Ryan and Seth Luco, Seth Lugo has been a little dicey at the start, but it's really good money based on two really solid pitchers. Offensively, as far as runs scored, these two are both a little bit higher top fifteen. It's like one's twelve and I think one is eight in runs scored through the first inning. But I don't think specifically Minnesota, I don't think the offenses are powerful enough that it shies me away, and I think that's pretty good numbers. So Kansas City, Minnesota nurfy. Then I'm going Atlanta Philly first five over four and a half runs, So through the first five innings, I'm betting over four and a half runs. Walker was good in that last start. I do not think that is going to carry over. Grant Holmes is not good. I think that will carry over. So I like there to be some runs scored in this bad Boy A little bit juicy at minus one thirty, but Atlanta Philly over first five runs and Kansas City, Minnesota nurfy. I may add a few more, so make sure you're following me on betting pros if you want to.
Speaker 2: Sayes minority logged. These are my three that I'm sticking with today. Poll results are in. Are you worried about tattists forty percent? Yes, thirty percent, no, thirty percent kind of So there you go, Thanks.
Speaker 3: You Erka, So okay.
Speaker 2: Way to go America. Also, we've got a question here. Would you drop Burger for stash of Kurtz and Burger is not a starter for him? I think yes.
Speaker 3: I'm not a little preview to the trade video, I personally put Jake in there. He has the it's the lowest or the second lowest babbit in all of baseball right now. While a lot of his underlying stats are carrying over good barrel hard hit rate is just really really bad luck that's going on right now. He's gonna turn in a huge way. I don't know, but it's a better hinder for the environment for a guy that can hit thirty in a short league. I guess if you're not starting him, you could do that, But like you would pray that Nick Kurtz can do what Jake Berger has done the last two seasons, so I would. I think Burger's going to bounce back soon.
Speaker 2: From the chance here. Again, if you've got questions, drop him in. We'll try to get to a couple more and if you've got a lot more questions. Well, join us on the YouTube channel today four pm Eastern live because we have the live stream coming up. So subscribe to the YouTube channel and make sure you ring the bells of the goes Dag. Don't miss it four pm Eastern Every Wednesday, it's all about you. Leading off is about us and you Wednesdays afternoons on YouTube just about you.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, wall Also not just on the YouTube, you can have more about an hour and a half, that's right in this live what is it chan on the Discord Eastern on the discord, Fantasypros dot com slash chat, Joel Rico and myself will be live in the discord. Your guys' opportunity to come in. You can ask questions, you can be on the podcast. You can just type it, or you can literally talk with us. Joe and I talk in Fantasy Baseball with you Finnish Grows dot com slash chat every Wednesday, two pm Eastern. Be a part of the show and be a part of all the other goodness. So we got lots of extras for you on Wednesdays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Wednesday's a great day to get your questions answered. Lard says, you keep saying about the Orioles this offseason, right about trading for pictures for the Pirates. Yes, I still say it. I mean they're a match made in heaven, these two organizations. One desperately needs offense and the other desperately needs pitching.
Speaker 3: What pitches the Pirates?
Speaker 2: Well, the problem is Jared Jones got hurt, and you're not gonna trade Bubba Chandler. What's the other? Oh my god, what's the other guy who just came up and got obliterated?
Speaker 3: Thomas Harrington. They're not going to trade Thomas Harington either though.
Speaker 2: Trade if you tell me that Harrington to the Orioles for Kobe Mayo doesn't make sense for everybody.
Speaker 3: No, actually, I do think it makes sense. They absolutely love Thomas Harrington. They feel that they've got.
Speaker 2: Like fine, but do you absolutely love Cabrian Hayes at the stage, Like, do absolutely love the rest of this offense? That sucks and it's not a lot of help coming through this organization.
Speaker 3: We look at this and we're like, this just makes sense one on one. But like good controllable, young pitching that can be high end as an ace like that, those are almost untradeable regardless of what you can get out of it, So I think it makes sense. The only the only player I think they would trade is Mitch Keller, and Mitch Keller would just be like, you know what, let me.
Speaker 2: Tell you something that may not for Kobe Mayo, but Mitch Keller helps. Mitch Keller is better than almost anything they've got. I'm sorry, and that is dad is misery. It's it's not exciting. What is exciting is the home run board. Let's get to it. Let's see where things are again. I was not good. I had the TC got hurt. Razer's still at the top with nine the Welsh at five. Look, they moved you up, but not really up because you're still in.
Speaker 3: The I mean you're behind Walke.
Speaker 2: Penguin and the Fisher King one of my favorite films.
Speaker 3: It should be Wonky and then me. That's technically how it always is. The host go at the higher area so we can look and feel.
Speaker 2: So about all these years doing this show, it's always Joe's the heel. Joe's a tough guy. Look at you, look at you. The host should be on top. I thought Welsh was the man of the people.
Speaker 3: Well they should. I am a man of the people. The people want to see Welsh succeed. And by the way, Wonky does have six, so somehow she lost one.
Speaker 2: Well we have to Well, she's in charge of it all at the end of the day, isn't she so? And if you want to get your home run calls made, subscribe use your Amazon Prime account. It'll give you access to our home run channel on Discord nine. Home runs is not a lot to make up. We've seen this contest go crazy, people go on enormous runs. We've seen people get three in a day. Sometimes all you got to do is join and that Sami Sosa Jersey can be yours again. Our Discord fanspros dot com slash chat to me for the home run call today, you know, back to basic joey Otani plus do sixty against the Nats. Let's go. Where are you going Welsh for your home run call?
Speaker 3: I'm going to pick on my own. Brandon fo Fought has looked just okay this year. He has one massive problem. Always home runs. It is always home runs, specifically lefties. Who did the Baltimore Orioles have as a lefty that I absolutely love and had probably a fourth of my homers with last year Gunner Freakin Henderson. Gunner Henderson your leadoff spot. Give me Gunner Henderson against Brandon Fought. A match made in lefty heaven, and if you want to bet it over on FanDuel, it's actually four and a half to one. Gunners had kind of a slow start on his return. I think he might get going here. It's actually tempted to take the over in this game. Creamer versus Brandon Fought. Fought can put out some really great outings. I'm just not sure this is it. He struggles against lefties, there's crazy lefties in there, gives up homers, and I think Gunner gets us going. So that's where I'm going to push up that home run board.
Speaker 2: Last question here from m sylv cel Hi and Lodolo. No, we had another good start yesterday. Look, the Red's lineup might not be scoring runs, but Lodolo is a pitcher I was high on years ago. I think he's healthy. Finally, I think you should be buying him in other spots because people might not realize just where this could go trajectory wise. But again, we're out of time, so go join us on the YouTube later today Fantasy Pros MLB. Subscribe to the YouTube. We're trying to get to thirty thousand subscribers by the end of the year. Let's see if we can do it. Join us there for more Fantasy Baseball Q and a four o'clock Eastern don't miss it. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB.