Speaker 1: The only other really good series so far has been the Knicks and the Calves. It is now three to one New York after another great back and forth game. Our man Donovan Mitchell wasn't good, was not good. Calves came roaring back. Knicks blew the lead. Nicks bench Julius Randall. They bring in Obi toppin and then they put the boot on Cleveland's neck. Julius Randall, you heard that right, benched for Obi. Ain't no stopping Obi topping. But Tom Thibodeau and you know what, Ari from Manhattan on Twitter summed it up for all Knicks fans when he said, Thomas Joseph Thibodeau Junior really just bench Julius Randall for Obi Topping in Game four of the playoffs, I could literally cry right now.
Speaker 2: And it worked.
Speaker 1: They scored outscored the Calves by seven in the fourth in a game that they won by nine. Brunton had twenty nine RJAD twenty seven. Cleveland Garland did well on this team. He had a bounce back game with twenty three to two ten And like I said, Donovan Mitchell was getting strapped eleven points five for eighteen, shooting zero threes terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, and also they shut down Seventh Street.
Speaker 2: It was a mass chaos party in the middle of Manhattan.
Speaker 1: Even one of the guys on Twitter said, you have five minutes to shelter in place if you are in this area, because it is going to be a zoo. And it was incredible. It was incredible. Spiders said this about the game. I played, like, shit, you're right, you did. And now we're wondering what's going on with Randall. The benching is huge news. He looked pissed on the bench. He bolted the stadium, did not talk to the media, and Tims and Brunson were out there sounding Julius love. After the game, Thibodeau said of this, Julius is our horse.
Speaker 3: You know, and he's given us everything that he has. You know a lot of guys who probably would you know, probably wouldn't even be playing. So I knew that with the quick turnaround will probably impact him more than than you know, most players. You know, he was out in an extended amount of time, so you know, we got multiple days here before the next game. He'll get a chance to to you know, get some recovery time. But I think that's a big part of it.
Speaker 1: So basically, he's hurt, he shouldn't be playing. He's a hard rock. We had a very quick turnaround. What do you expect His ankles fucked, which kind of changes the perspective. Who knows if he's really hurt, then he's just absolutely.
Speaker 2: An iron man for even playing it all. Brunton and Heart echoed exactactly what Tim said.
Speaker 4: Uh, Jrew has been a leader since the day I came here. But he's able to do while he's either on or off the floor, has been incredible. He's uh, he's been special. All he wants to do is win. And when he has that mindset, Uh, he's just it's very contagious. And so he's been a leader and we're just we always got his back and he just nothing. He wants nothing else but to win.
Speaker 1: Jalen Brunson winner, Josh Hart winner, Julius Randall obviously a winner as well. And what he wants to do this is these are three leaders leading the charge. The Knicks are back, Baby bing Bong. I think the Knicks. The Knicks win at Madison Square Garden in six Baby, Just a few notes about the rest of these series. We'll get into him a lot more this week when they reach closeouts Philly.
Speaker 2: I mean it was bing bang boom.
Speaker 1: The Nets are dead, like close them out four games, multiple players now on the trade, insane in insane shit.
Speaker 2: PJ.
Speaker 1: Tucker killed it, Daniel House, d' anthony meltain. Listen, this is not a pushover team that they've been in the past. The Nets aren't great, we know that, but have now lost ten straight playoff games dating back to twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: But a sweep for.
Speaker 1: A team that was missing EMBIID is very impressive. And now they get a full week off to get m beat healthy for what will be not a walk in the park against Boston in the next round.
Speaker 2: Milwaukee Bucks.
Speaker 1: Oh they are in trouble, baby, Oh no, they you know they're playing the Heat. It's not a great matchup for them without Yannis. Not something I would have said ten days ago. They are down two to one to the Miami Heat. The Miami Heat almost like didn't make the playoffs. Yannis missed Game three. We don't know when he's gonna be back on the floor, hopefully as soon, because this is not a team that you can expect to have any title aspirations without their guy, playoff Jim.
Speaker 2: He has arrived.
Speaker 1: He is single handedly carried every single substandard player.
Speaker 2: On his team.
Speaker 1: No one is there now that Tyler Hero is gone and the team is still succeeding. Also, by the way, really sad news. Victor Oladipo. I believe the final answer to his he got injured last game, and I believe it was a tendon. Yeah, a torn putateeller tendon in his left knee, which, by the way, is the other knee that his other knee.
Speaker 2: Was the one who got injured, and he had a surgery on. So bad bad stuff there. Crazy. The Heat lead the NBA right now in.
Speaker 1: Offensive rating in the playoffs, field goal percentage, three point shooting percentage, just like how they all drew it up right, just makes sense. Fourth from the bottom all year and now they're just they're just snipers. Without Tyler Hero, everybody would have predicted that, right, That's that's how it all went. Poppers are also on the ropes. Kawhi Leonard is injured, He's got a nie sprain. Phoenix is about to put the Clippers to bed, and Russell Westbrook is trying his very best to keep them from getting Night Night Sleep mask.
Speaker 2: No KWHI, no PG.
Speaker 1: When they were healthy, they were going to really make noise in the playoffs. Now they're down three to one. I think they're going to struggle to get a game six and the Suns. Good news, bad news, good news. Katie is doing kdi things. Just a book, bucket, walking, bucket, booker. Booker's been really really good too. The bad news is they're not destroying a team that does not have Kawhi Leonard and Paul George.
Speaker 2: They are, as Doc Rivers would say, playing.
Speaker 1: With their meat, and when you play with your meat, your meat tends to bite back. Teams like Denver and the Lakers are not going to fuck around in the next round. So eight needs to find more consistency. Katie needs to play less minutes. They need to finish this series off in five so they can get more time to get their ship in order. Denver thought they were gonna sweep the Tea Wolves, and they did not. This is going to be the least interesting series of the first round. I'm sorry, Minnesota, I don't want to see another game of this. You should just lay down and stay down. Barkley doesn't want to even talk about it. He said he was watching hockey on TBS. This game is boring as hell. I'm gonna be honest with you. After game one, in game two, I stop watching, so I don't have any insight. I don't have I just know Edwards is doing really well. I know he had thirty four, five and five. I know he had two steals. We'll watch more of the highlights later. This is bad.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I don't care. Do you care? No, Let's move on.
Speaker 1: Then the Lakers versus the Grizzlies could be very interesting. Lakers took it to the grizz in Game three. They have a two to one league going to the game four the crypt. If they win in LA, now it's problems. But there is a glaring seven foot hole in the middle of their lineup name Steven Adams and Brandon Clark. Without those guys, they are getting manhandled. Dylan Brooks is now a comic book villain. He punched Braun in the dick that is now the third dick punch in the playoffs. Who would have said that was gonna happen? So many guys kicking dicks and punching dicks. Dylan Brooks is committed to now being this character. I think it is hurting his team. He was ejected. Difference between Draymond and Dylan Brooks is Dylan's not getting suspended next game, so that's really interesting. Day after, he called Braun old uh and said, listen, like he's washed and I'm not going to respect him until he gives me forty the Lakers ran out to a thirty five to nine first quarter elite. So yeah, the funny thing, just like Draymond, he was three for thirteen. Unlike Draymond, his team got his ass kicked. Dylan said now that even though he just had an article calling himself Dylan the villain, how it's us that's making them out to be a villain.
Speaker 2: This is what he said.
Speaker 1: The media is making me a villain, The fans are making me a villain, and that just creates this different persona of me.
Speaker 2: Sir, pause, you literally did.
Speaker 1: An article with the ESPN like three weeks ago about how you love to be the villain.
Speaker 2: You called yourself Dylan the villain.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he says, uh, so you think I intended to hit Lebron James and the nuts. I'm playing basketball. I'm a basketball player. So if I intended and that's whatever it is in the flagrant two category, if you think I did that, then you that means you think I'm that type of person.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, Dylan, You've.
Speaker 1: Already hit Donovan Mitchell in the nuts so far this year, so it's hard for us to just believe you don't mean to do it. This is gonna be an awesome series. I hope it goes seven. I would not be shocked if it goes seven, but the Grizz need to get their shit together or it's done after basically next game. That's all the time that we have for this this episode that Heat checked my voice is going. Check back Thursday for an all new episode as we break down the playoffs. To not forget to check the feed for past episodes and interviews, Please follow us on all the social platforms, download, subscribe. If you have any friends that like the NBA, please tell them about the podcast. I think it's really good. I think it's different than other podcasts, and I would appreciate if you shared it every single win.
Speaker 2: Of those friends, I would like you to let them know this Heat.
Speaker 1: Check on TikTok Instagram Trista underscore quick Instagram, Twitter, you know what time it is. The heat check never sleeps, not even from the West Coast, not even at eleven pm aka two am from the East Coast, not even when I have to work tomorrow.
Speaker 2: But we'll see you guys. Thanks for listening.