Speaker 1: Welcome to We Talk Back Podcast, the production of iHeartRadio and the Black Effect Network Talk.
Speaker 2: We're just two unapologetically black women with an opinion who talks.
Speaker 1: What's up, y'all? Thank you for tuning in for a new episode that We Talk Back, a show dedicated to you dreamers and chases, niggas and hosts. This is your co host AJ Holiday.
Speaker 2: What's up, tam Bam, y'all, It's official, tam maam.
Speaker 1: I love y'all.
Speaker 2: I love y'all so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yea, yeah, you're all get How was your weekend? My weekend?
Speaker 2: I'm just ready to walk again. I put a little pressure on the foot this week so and I was able to stand on my head.
Speaker 1: So that was good. That was exciting.
Speaker 2: That's the gist of my life right now. Just baby steps. Honestly, I ain't do shit. I want to go to the fair the South Carolina State there.
Speaker 1: Is now.
Speaker 2: It's going on right now, and I want to go today. I need to get me an elephant ear?
Speaker 1: Is it there in Colombia now?
Speaker 2: Hm?
Speaker 1: Till Sunday, I hadn't seen any advertise. The one thing I saw about the fair in Charleston was help keep the fair, like as if they didn't have the money to bring the fair hair or something.
Speaker 2: Damn, I want to go. I want to give me an elephant ear. I want to get me a turkey leg, and I want a polar sausage. That's see, and then I can go home. I can't get on. You think they'll let me on the ride with a broken foot?
Speaker 1: Probably not, they should, Okay, So they are having a fair this year starts October thirty on Halloween, actually October thirty first. Ours is called Coastal Carolina. Is that Jolls?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. It's the state fair that happens in Columbia. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I thought, like the same fair travels throughout the city.
Speaker 2: Mm hm, it's different.
Speaker 1: I mean throughout the city. State Yeah, throughout the state.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I am into the fair in a long time, Like not the Charleston Fair. I might go this year. I might be sure. You should go.
Speaker 2: That'll be funny dress up, as I was about to say, dress up as a witch. But you're supposed to go as something you ate all year long.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't know what I would do. I probably, I don't know. I might go as beetle juice or something. Look, I might dress the cat up as a witch. What did you do over the weekend? I do Oh, I did do something. My mom had like a gathering for like the small kids at her house. Just pizza and hot dogs and shit like that. That was all the kids can hang out together, everybody's small kids.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've been weirded out by my mom lately. Man. You know, there was a whole family reunion last month that she didn't tell any of us about. And she was there, so I think, like even her telling me about the shit at her house this weekend, it's almost like she was hesitating. And when I got there, my oldest sister was there from out of town. I'm like, damn, I even know Londa was coming. She was like, I told you that, No you did not. Did not tell me, girl, I don't know what the hell is on my bad not inviting you to the family and she ain't tell none of us. She was sitting there a front row with a picture. That's how I found out about it. It was like Labor Day weekend at that and it was like Monday. When I seen her like sitting up on a picture. I'm like, yo, what is happening? But anyway, I don't know, y'all. I practiced detachment, so I can't. Like I just I just can't be overly concerned what other adult people want to do. I just can't. You know what I'm saying, because it gets to a certain point. It's just I love my mom and to death man that used to be my best teacher. I don't know what the fucking.
Speaker 2: Y'all will get back to being besties, no worries.
Speaker 1: People be listen, people be who they gonna be. We just had this episode about daddy issues and shit and spoke about our parents a little bit, and they just be who they gonna be. So I guess you almost got to realize, Okay, let me be a little bit different so we can have a relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but y'all would get back to being besties. Don't worry about I watch what I.
Speaker 1: Have for me. That's tough anyway. So yeah, she had like a little thing at her house for the little kids and they run around. Everybody was musty okay, sound like you know, smell like straight onion, and girl, I love those kids. So I know nobody name all like my little cousins like their children. I don't know none of these kids' names. Baby, I'm like, oh baby, that is.
Speaker 2: Speaking of musty. I've been trying to find like a aluminum free deodorant that's gonna do the job.
Speaker 1: Don't know, no them do it.
Speaker 2: Like I just have to like carry wipes with me and the deodorant because I'm gonna have to, like after a few hours, I'm gonna have to freshen back up.
Speaker 1: There's no way around it. So I use the I use the arm and hammer natural deorderant. And I mean so with natural deorderance is not going to completely block the smell and it's not gonna block the sweat because what the aluminum deorderans do is clogs your your glandor yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's I'm okay with knowing that I'm going to sweat, right, but I don't want to stink.
Speaker 1: Ever, you got again, something that's gonna be like a super smell good type thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so used to my arm is smelling like powder, you know. So now it's just I'm using the schmidts Schmidt. It's magnesium and something. It's just it's not it's not giving what I needed to give.
Speaker 1: Girl my cousin mom.
Speaker 2: And it's not hot outside. I'm thinking, like, if this is what it's doing right now, I'm.
Speaker 1: I'm used to it. Bitch. Let me tell you. I be singing like because I've been wearing I've been wearing natural disorder for at least ten years now, Bitch, listen, it's just a possibility. And I was singing with regular deordering. I just have high body order. Like when I go to the gym, bitch, it's smelled like a nigga for real. So that's why I washed so much. But also exfoliating underneath your arm, so I use those like African they call it African sponge, but it's essentially like just imagine a loofah but like taking apart. Yeah yeah, I use that, and it actually helps because you exfoliating and getting some of that bacteria. Yeah, you were moving a little bit more of the bacteria from underneath the from those little crevices. So it's not as bad as it used to be because I exfoliate under my arm really good. But girl, baby girl, at least I'm consciously aware. Yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: I carry wipes in the older, and I carried.
Speaker 1: Those little mini two brushes with me.
Speaker 2: I'm ready for everything when it comes to my body, older, my cleanliness.
Speaker 1: I never want nobody like.
Speaker 2: Hey, did you smell tear me? God damn, you know what I'm saying. I don't never want nobody to be able to say that about it.
Speaker 1: It's stupid shit. Let's get this sends, y'all. Did you see this? This this sixty four year old woman pregnant.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I was excited for her. I don't know why her being pregnant gave me hope that I could be pregnant.
Speaker 1: It always give me hope to see an old bitch pregnant. I'd be like me too, my time is coming.
Speaker 2: But sixty four is just like how much time are you gonna have with your kid?
Speaker 1: You know that? Mean the kid could be a blessing for somebody else. She might know a younger woman who needs a child, and she can make that person the god god mom.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 1: I would be fucking devastated, y'all. So it's just a video on Instagram, the sixty four year old woman sitting up in the obgyn just finding out she's pregnant. Twelve weeks pregnant, and she's sitting in the car now at this point, and she calls the eighty something year old man named Rufus. It's Regina, not Regina, what's her? Nah, Judy, it's Judy and Rufus having a baby. She's sixty four, Rufus and his day damn eighties. Rufus don't understand what the hell is coming out of her fucking mouth. How is this even possible that baby's gonna be so old to coming out right old fashioned gonna be that baby's gonna be like sixty coming out the womb.
Speaker 2: That's crazy that I've never heard of a woman that age being able to conceive.
Speaker 1: I'm not sixty now. I know some like forty six, Like I know some people now who are adults who parents had them really.
Speaker 2: Old, right, But yes, not no, sixty nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure we can find some cases in other cases of people getting That means she's healthy, That means she's really I mean, she's very healthy. Yeah, but I mean she might need to get some chromosomal chromosonal tests done just to get her her baby has like you know, you.
Speaker 2: Know it is those serious and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: What if she has twins? Because they say the older you get, the bigger the babies be, and it's a chance of having more than one at a time.
Speaker 2: Damn crazy twins is nuts. I would give them up for adoption at sixty four years old.
Speaker 1: That's wow. So Rufus was on the phone like being disrespectful, okay, And it's kind of triggering for me because I have been a pregnant woman calling a man telling them, hey, man, look, you gotta be pregnant. But imagine being that old and this old ass man still playing with you on the phone. Or maybe he thinks this is a joke, but she didn't sound like she was playing at all. And he was like, that ain't my baby. She was like, well, we'll go down and take the DNA test and I'm gonna put you on child support.
Speaker 2: Imagine being eighty four on child support is crazy.
Speaker 1: So h one of our mutual friends, our mutual this your friend, I met his ass through you. He sent the post and all I said was my god, I would be devastated. And he said, look how nasty she got when she had some power. I would never want to get a woman pregnant ever again in life. Just disgusting. I just want to let men know that women do have an innate power and inherent power that y'all can ever have, and that's why a lot of y'all be fucking mad. So it is a sense of power. Just deal with it, Okay, It's just one of those things.
Speaker 2: So I or or get a aseectomy if you don't want to reallyquish your power when it comes to these type of situations, you don't have to. You can use condoms, you can get a sect. To me, there are all kinds of ways which doesn't work often that don't work a lot of us here, A lot of y'all listening is here because of pull out, but.
Speaker 1: They don't want to do that. They just want to keep putting our bodies through the bullshit, the abortion, abortion pill, every you know what I'm saying, Like they don't want to have to go through and have any procedures. But I don't understand why, like women's health is always like on the forefront and shit like this is the abortion election as far as I'm because this shit is weird to me. But I said, I responded to him, and I was like, that's not how I perceived a convo. She felt played. He basically was saying it's not his child. If he responded differently, differently, so would she have A woman can't be happy about bringing life if the man isn't, Like, how do you be happy about like having this baby? Like the man controls that part of.
Speaker 2: It, right. Oftentimes, some women don't give a fuck whether the man is a happy participant or not. You know, some people just happy to be pregnant and don't care if the nigga care or not. I mean the man, because it ain't always a nigga, but.
Speaker 1: I mean, but if you ain't, if you acting like this ain't my child, I don't want the baby. You're a niggah.
Speaker 2: You're not across the board.
Speaker 1: And I'm not against the DNA testing and all that shit, like, I feel like that could be that should be automatic, because women do be out here doing some really dirty shit that men don't find out about until it's too late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm about to stop using condoms.
Speaker 1: Huh, you are you even having sex? No?
Speaker 2: But when I do, I ain't. I'm doing it right, I'm about to stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bitch, do that ship. I can't be talking about I want a baby and always using the condoms, right, and bitches be on birth control at this big age girl, Just get out have fun. Why are you even so fucking with somebody that you got to use a condom with? Like, Okay, these niggas are scary. Okay, Yeah, I don't know. I don't like sleeping.
Speaker 2: Anytime I've ever had sex without a condom, I don't sleep.
Speaker 1: God, if you let me get it through, get through this one time, God, please negative.
Speaker 2: Right, I've been in the bed and the dark, eyes wide open, scared as hell.
Speaker 1: Boy, listen, I remember those days at my younger age, man be down, wild out living Levita Loca. Now you go to pray before the appointments, right, lot, But y'all started painting. That's how I started painting back in the day, on my early twenties.
Speaker 2: I started painting.
Speaker 1: Waiting on an HIV test for anxiety. And you know, back then, that shit took two weeks to get the results down there, bitch, I didn't leave my house for two weeks almost, and that street I was just going to work and come to fuck home, not talking to nobody. I wasressed out. Not Picasso, Pocasso. Y'all go get tested today. It's scary at him.
Speaker 2: Man, So uh if y'all saw this over the weekend. Martha Stewart has a miss for the ladies. Don't let your man cheat, but she if you want. Martha is finally opening up about the secrets of her personal life, and her revelations are as bold as her public persona. The eighty three year old ex con is at the center of the Netflix documentary Martha, directed by R. J. Cutler Okay, where she candidly addresses her past mistakes, including infidelity and a striking moment from the trailer, Stewart and missed that she cheated on her first husband, Andrew Stewart, early in their marriage, and the fact that has long been kept under wraps. It goes on to say that martha The only marriage was to Andrew Stewart, whom she married in nineteen sixty one. Despite her flourishing career, their marriage was plagued by issues and they divorced in nineteen ninety. What else was there was something else that was juicy about this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? She basically was like, like, he never knew about that, So why y'all even asking me about that shit? Like they don't know it didn't happen, right, No, it doesn't like it doesn't it didn't happen, Like, as long as your man doesn't know it didn't happen, and vice versa. Yeah, because that's how nigga's really real. And when men you literally have to have a transcript of the session for them to tell you the truth about.
Speaker 2: It, right, don't trust your eyes, trust me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And she goes on to say, if you're married and your husband starts to cheat on you, he's a piece of shit. Get out that marriage. The cameraman zooms out as the producer asked, didn't you have an affair earlier on without missing a beat? Stewart responds, yeah, but I don't think Andy ever knew about that.
Speaker 2: What I mean, how unfair is that she just said your husband is a piece of shit.
Speaker 1: It then went on to say, and you find out he's a piece of shit if he cheats and you never know and he never misses the beat, he's the perfect husband. All you could act is respect. It's so much pussy out here.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like cheating is a deal breaker?
Speaker 1: They talk about that all the time, and I don't. I'm getting the older I get, I'm leaning closer to yeah, because my current relationship, boy, if I fight on any fucking thing. I'm like, you don't got no more room for nothing, So I don't know, I'm kind of leaning towards like we're just self control.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're forty now, especially like I be feeling like they did start working real good after they start hitting forty, you know, like you're not you're not your stammaa. But the desire for a whole bunch of different pussy kind of wanes.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I would think, you know, I don't know that man who just out here is still waking up every day to chase pussy. You were supposed to do that in your twenties and thirties, Yeah, Like now like it should be like you're not willing to risk your home, your marriage, your relationship for somebody who really don't matter if they if she matters that much, you need to go ahead over there, right, just don't be with nobody. Yeah, be single. But the thing is these men swear they be single, and the truth is half of them can't be alone. You They be in a relationship in some capacity. Right. It's not until a woman try to check them for something that they are doing that they say, oh, weed together, we wasn't in a relationship, right, But we've been doing all the things, having raw sex, sleeping at each other house for days, cooking.
Speaker 2: With my family, you meet.
Speaker 1: My kids, you exactly, But now I'm crazy when I try to tell you about playing with me. Yeah, we ain't need like that. And obviously this happens until they're eighty or dead. Obviously men going to always be playing with you like this.
Speaker 2: Look at rufus.
Speaker 1: That ain't my baby Judy ship. Hey, look I'm a calling that you got rufous, but you got rufous man. Y'all? Did y'all? Did you see Droe and t I on the Breakfast Club? This is such a weird exchange, Like, who was that guy? So there was a Droe was talking about addiction on the Breakfast Club and how he was on drugs for many years, even his daughter, and that that part really pissed me off. When the guy was snickering in the back about he like snickered the hardest when he mentioned his daughter. So Joe turned around was like, man, I'll slap you. I thought they were.
Speaker 3: Playing like but you know, you know it was more than that. It was actually overdose. You feel what I'm saying, and I used the I used this platform with the with the Thank god.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: He's a mechanic, mechanics always laughing.
Speaker 1: There's a dastardly individual almost overdose, yo, I did you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And all the all of these things happened, the overdose. My daughter was on drugs, and you know, career wise, I wasn't aware.
Speaker 1: I wasn't what's up with you?
Speaker 3: Are you? Finnah? Get slapped? I mean, we're cool, but I slapped you by laughing. Man, I'm just I'm just telling you we're cool.
Speaker 1: Slapping.
Speaker 3: What you want to do, what you want to do?
Speaker 1: Him take you out of sober drove.
Speaker 3: He listen, Hey, listen, hey, both of y'all.
Speaker 1: Y'all, everybody came in and mother with me. Hey look, everybody came in the motherfucker with me. Hey look, everybody came in the motheruck with me.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: Look remember who you came and remember what we do with him? Man, come on, man, they get the ship together, bro, all right.
Speaker 2: I think the friend, the guy in the back, was happy to be getting some airtime. I think he was just enjoying the attention because he's not he's not a star. You know, he wasn't the star. He wasn't asked to sit at the desk. He was just in the background and Charlamagne was giving him some attention and he was trying to keep that energy going because there's no way possible. He thought any of that was funny.
Speaker 1: It's weird. They need to get him from around them immediately, that was just some chase. Yeah, that ain't your friend because he don't even know how to play his part. Man, that's a big, grown ass man. And Drop was like, he's just a mechanic. Why if he's just a mechanic, why y'all.
Speaker 2: Got bad for all the mechanics out there, because I know some really you know, good mechanics, Like, damn, why I gotta be just a mechanic. I went laughing at your baby.
Speaker 1: Edit you, but you need this.
Speaker 2: Mechanics are essential, Yes they are. I keep shout out to all the mechanics out there.
Speaker 1: One thing about I'm gonna keep me a mechanic.
Speaker 2: Bitch me too.
Speaker 1: If I can't do it myself, I know somebody who can.
Speaker 2: Goodness.
Speaker 1: But speaking of addiction, that's what we want to talk about today, y'all. What are you addicted to. It doesn't have to just be drugs, because there's always there's like physical addiction, behavioral type addictions. So let's talk about it. We'll be back.
Speaker 2: I got a couple. What are you addicted to?
Speaker 1: Aj all type of shit? Okay, relationships is one, Like I feel like I'm addicted to people. I can get addicted to people. I'll wake up one day and be like, I don't funk with you no more. So it's like wavering a little bit. Can you call it that?
Speaker 2: If you can just wake up and not do it no more?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it might take me three four years to kick it. Okay, Yeah, that's an extended period of time that I've been addicted to this thing and now I'm not. So it might take me a while to get over the addiction, but I can m hm. I like, I think I like shrooms on Friday. That's my first one. On Fridays. It's very specific, you know, I don't know why Fridays have always just felt so good to me, even since I was a kid. Like Friday's just all like knowing you don't have to do shit the next day, or as an adult, you guys something to do every fucking day. Because you probably got some shit you don't put off throughout the week that you got to do on Saturday. But I don't know, Saturday is like the the life just feels different on Fridays.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know what, not me coming from I've always done here. Saturday is just a busy work day for me. So it's Friday. Don't feel like the weekend for me like everybody else. It never has, you know, Saturday night is my Friday night. But I still don't do trooms. I tried them. I tried shrooms twice in life, and one time it was bad because the person I tried it with was not a good person.
Speaker 1: To be around and got them.
Speaker 2: And then the other time was pretty cool. I like was listening to classical music and like zooming in on paintings, like I was zooming deep in on paintings on my phone, and like it was. It was trippy, for sure, But that's the only time I've ever done shrooms. It's nothing that I've ever like.
Speaker 1: I prefer weed.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm addicted to weed. But I don't even know if I'm addicted to it because the dude I used to get my weed from used to be my boo. So it was free. And now that he not my boot and I have to pay for weed. I haven't been smoking at all. But was I really addicted or was it just free?
Speaker 1: I'm addicted to free weed. I got to pay for it, bitch. The addition is gone.
Speaker 2: It's gone. It's just like that crazy And then love.
Speaker 1: I love love?
Speaker 2: How long my whole life. I've always loved love. I've been I feel like I got set up with all the fairy tale books from a little girl, and it made me fall in love with love as a little girl. And I just been loving love ever since.
Speaker 1: I know you though, like, what do you mean by that?
Speaker 2: I just love the feeling of love. I love to be loved. I love to love others. I just love love. So you're you're in love with the idea of love.
Speaker 1: But what happens when it? Like, I think your love be fleeting. That's what I'm getting to.
Speaker 2: Because when I love you, I be loving you down for life forever.
Speaker 1: We happened to the weed man.
Speaker 2: I still love him, but he just loving him was killing me. So I had to go. You know what I'm saying, But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think your love is conditional? Though.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not God, so yeah, I ain't your mama either. I can't. I can't say my love is not without conditions because if my weed man came over here and harm my sister, you know, and did something to harm her, and that love would change, right, you know. So I can't just say it's not without condition because I ain't your mom or God. So yeah, but I can, like I can like still love someone who has broken my heart, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like if I ever told somebody I loved them like I meant it, and I still love them. I may not be in life with them, but I still care about their well being.
Speaker 2: I mean, right, I don't want nothing bad to have it too.
Speaker 1: I mean, I take them into consideration like I did when I was in love with them, but I do care about, you know, how they're doing. I want to still see them doing well, even some motherfuckers that I send my hate, because it's a very thin line between love and hate. But I never want to see like you doing bad in any capacity.
Speaker 2: I don't even think I have nobody that I like for real hate, you know, Like it's some people that I despise, like George Zimmerman.
Speaker 1: Isn't that like a synonym for hate to despise? Hate is stronger than despise, right, I don't know. I think it's just the word like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm hate is just such a powerful world where it's just as strong as love. To me, you know, we're just equal and opposite end of the spectrum. And I just don't feel like I really carry hate in me, like real hate.
Speaker 1: I have a disdain, yeah.
Speaker 2: For a lot of people. What are your other addictions?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I see your list sugar?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, how you giving my list? Bitch? That's both, that's both are sugar. I didn't even realize this is shared. How did that happen? Don't you send it to me? I ain't never sent that to you? You did you sent me something?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: You sent me this shit? Bitch? How I'm your list? I'm talking about sugar. It's that the only thing on your list that applies to me. It's sugar.
Speaker 1: You didn't send me a request or something. Oh bitch, I ain't sending you nothing. How did that happen? Because something popped up on my screen at the top, and then I hit the button, thinking you were sending me something anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sugar, you told me, you told me I needed to dodo and then this list came this morning.
Speaker 1: What yep, my phone is I had to put this apple. No, for real, listen, I didn't do that. That's weird. I didn't do that anyway. Yeah, sugar, okay, I really be consciously trying not to consume. As my shirt.
Speaker 2: I love chocolate, me too.
Speaker 1: I love ice cream on a like, who the fuck really be having waffle cones in their house?
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: I didn't start loving sugar until I got older, too, which is crazy to me. As a kid, I did not fuck with sugar like that when we would when we would be at the like kids' birthday parties back then, it'd be like a Hamburger hot dog, little hugs in a cave with the hardy food. Yeah, give me another hot dog. I don't want no cake. I want another hot dog.
Speaker 1: Well, what's I got? Growled all of a sudden. I love sugar so much. I think it could be inherited too, because my daddy is like that. My daddy loved like baked goods and shit like that, like, and that's how I am.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 1: I don't like packaged sugar, though, I like like for real fresh baked goods. Bitch, like a good muffin from a bakery, good breads from a bakery. Food addiction, Okay, not just sugar. I got a food addiction too, let's just be honest.
Speaker 2: I guess yeah, me too. I like good hej used to come over my house with these little football I that's a Asian market, and I wish I could as shit. I ain't never seen this pastry a day in my life.
Speaker 1: Next time you and Charlotte, you need to get me something mail I get.
Speaker 2: I'm going to that tomorrow, so I'll go get your football.
Speaker 1: Because I miss those pastries. Man. But they so far, even when I'm in Charlotte, I never make it to that grocery store. I am describing forty five minutes to get to them to get them football.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, that's next level.
Speaker 1: I will drive like so. I do have a food addiction, right, but it's for good food. I can't just eat anything. I'm very particular about what I put in my body. What I eat, it gotta be like some real good shit I don't want to eat. Otherwise, I will travel to multiple places because I know exactly where I what I want and where I need it from. I will drive to a bunch of different grocery stores to get the exact things.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, I tried, just because you know, marketing has been good lately for McDonald's that fileal fish. Everybody act like it's so good. I wouldn't try it. It's not. It's not given. What is it is that?
Speaker 1: Even? What is that cod?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I tried it twice just because I was like, maybe it was bad the first time. No, it's still not given.
Speaker 1: Why don't you just make your own? I had a fish sandwich last night, Like I buy like the frozen cord filets piled out with tomatoes. I make my own my own. Yeah, I'm sure better. Everybody put it on a Hawaiian bun. Bitch the Kings Hawaiian bun.
Speaker 2: Slide right quick. Social media addiction is next level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had that digital detox episode and I still have yet to be able to just straight disconnect on social media.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll find myself watching them. Do y'all watch those rug cleaning videos?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: What I've been watching like the dirty ass rugs? Like how did the rug get that dirty? You know? Like it'd be like covered in mud and the shampoot. I'll be in the rabbit hole hours pimple popping videos.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love that. Yeah, me too?
Speaker 2: What is it about that? Why do we want to just see a us it burst?
Speaker 1: I mean even when they're doing the bikini area, I'm watching that on YouTube. I want to see. Yeah, I want to see. And I like when like a lot of stuff come out like youtobe. Why I'm so fisty like that? Why is it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: That makes me happy? I don't know that's the just but and I like.
Speaker 1: I like the bus bumps too, me too.
Speaker 2: If like that's how you know I like you? If I start popping pimples on your face? Oh we locked in you mom in egrown hairs, I'm all about it.
Speaker 1: So y'all, I might have a slight gambling addiction, So I mean one can one may say, like even trading options is like a form of an addiction because it is essentially gambling, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But a bitch like me can go to chuck e Cheese and run.
Speaker 2: Out Chucky Cheese, Chucky.
Speaker 1: Daven. You can't have a Chucky Trees. That is stupid. And you know you ain't getting like the most tickets for these things. But I'm like, I don't know. It's not gambling, bitch.
Speaker 2: I thought she was about to say, like sportsmen, and its been said, check E Cheese.
Speaker 1: That is gambling. Like going to the fair and playing all those games and all that shit like that is gambling. Like it does feed something in you that that needs to win, Like I'm addicted to winning.
Speaker 2: Maybe say I'm addicted to winning, not gambling, because Checkie Cheese, you and your tokens, you're gonna get what you're gonna get. A little basketball. I want a basketball face.
Speaker 1: But I can't stop though, you know what I'm saying. Once I get in. I haven't been in a I don't go places that I have an addiction to, so I haven't been in a long time. But if I like, okay, no, I have been to Frankies this year. I have been to Frankies this year. And it's like a challenge to not play the game. It's a challenge.
Speaker 2: I swear to God, che we gonna have an intervention.
Speaker 1: I gamblers.
Speaker 2: I'm in there eating a whole piece of that good as.
Speaker 1: It used to be good or when we just little we just didn't know if it was good or not. I think it's still good. I haven't been in a while, but I.
Speaker 2: Believe it's good.
Speaker 1: So what's some other things you're addicted to?
Speaker 2: I think we hit all my weed, social media, food and love. Oh I'm also addicted to beauty products me too. Oh yes, man, I will buy it if you can. Like, all you gotta do is make a video about some ship and I'm gonna go buy it.
Speaker 1: TikTok shop not I'm not addicket to that, but I think a lot of people are addicted to TikTok shop.
Speaker 2: It's so easy. One button's on the way. I just ordered some lavender oil because the girl was like, oh my skin is so beautiful from using lavender oil.
Speaker 1: I was like, stay, no mortgage, and I bought it, Like I just for sure.
Speaker 2: It's hard for me to throw them away. It's a bad addiction. Bad Like I used to work at Saphoria and we would get gradest shout out to all the Sephoria girlies. And I still got gradest. What is in my house? I need to throw that shit out. It's like where they give you free products, okay to you so you get a big bag of free products. You know that probably good stuff. Oh yeah, that shit is no good, But I still got it just in case there isn't apocalypse that we run down the beauty supplies, I will be still beautiful.
Speaker 1: I have like bens of products. I shadow palate.
Speaker 2: There's no reason I got this many ice shadow pals, and bitch be using the same palate, use the same one, use the same Jubus place palette every time. But meanwhile, I got thirty thousand ice shallow palettes. So beauty products, skincare, makeup, I still got old ass Mac look gloss. That shit probably mean too.
Speaker 1: Remember they used to take back the containers back to Mac. They don't do that anymore. But I have, like, yes, I have a bunch of containers that I the whole way. I just won't throw away.
Speaker 2: Oh I also hoard bundles me too. I'm not throwing out my hair.
Speaker 1: I just see the posts like, uh, do y'all be having bags and weave.
Speaker 2: Absolutely every Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I can bring hair back to life, so it could be some five ten year old hair. I can make that ship look brand brand. I'm definitely holding mine.
Speaker 2: Need to start a service right back to new and just be refurbishing. Bitch is bundled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I do hoard weave for years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: Is that an addiction though?
Speaker 2: Good? Yeah, I don't know if you addicted the weave. You addicted the weave, huh? How you addicted the wigs?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not. I just don't feel like doing sowings no more. What's the difference? Yeah, but you don't switch it up. Oh Ill. Even when I had sewns like, I would have the same style. It wasn't like I've never been that versatile.
Speaker 2: But I remember, like maybe five or six years ago, you had braids. That's the last time I seen you.
Speaker 1: And I've only had braids like three times in life, three or four times in life. Like No, I know when I was younger, like middle school, high school, I would get braids, But as an adult, I've only had like braids like three four times. So braids just isn't my thing. But I don't think I'm addicted to weaves and wigs anymore. Any of the black women the fuck we all did exactly exactly. I've been wearing lashes too. Then, since our freshman year in college, I've been wearing lashes before everybody else. Like I said earlier, it's two different types of addiction. You got behavioral addictions and then like physical addictions. Physical would be like your drugs. You're you're the weed you're addicted to and the shrooms that I like to take. The thing is I I remember I was addicted to Viking for two weeks, and once the prescription ran out, I don't know, I no longer needed it. So is that that's not really an addiction. I enjoyed it while I hadn't. It's nothing for me to like get off of some shit. So I don't really have an addictive personality per se mm hmm, because if I don't have access to it, it is just okay, it's over. I'm not about to go sell some pussy for some pain medicine. I just enjoy it while I got it, and I know that it's going to come.
Speaker 2: To an end. What will you sell pussy for money?
Speaker 1: That's another addiction, depend depending on how much. So this this is a new choice and treatment center. This is anybody who actually has, like a a real addiction, get help. The addiction can either be physical or behavioral, and often they go hand in hand. Though alcohol and tobacco are commonly recognized types of addiction. There are actually hundreds of types of medically and scientifically recognized addictions. Cravings, compulsions and ability to stop, and lifestyle lifestyle dysfunction all point to the existence of some type of addiction. Social media is definitely one of my biggest addictions right now. I gotta get the fuck because it's not like we be on their doing. We talk backshit so much that I have to be on their most of the time I'm on social media. I'm not posting shit. I'm just strolling me to scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, scrolling for hours. I even have a two hour limit set and I will hit the thing to stop it, to stop the lock of the app. There's another app that will delete the apps and then bring them back when your new time comes in. But that is just too extreme.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the next level.
Speaker 1: It says the person can be addicted to behaviors just as seriously as one can be addicted to substance such as alcohol or hard drugs. The addiction behaviors that result from both types of addiction can have serious negative consequences. Though from all that, from all that comes with a substance use disorder, to the perils of a gambling addiction, or even compulsive shopping and sexual behavior to an unhealthy degree. Addiction is a complex disease. The type of addiction this excuse me, The type of addiction doesn't really matter as much as the underlying issue causing the patient to chase, chase this pleasurable feeling while incuring adverse consequences. I think, like crack, for instance, that shit was magic. It was created to make you addicted. So are you really addicted to it? And when this thing is altering your mind your body so much to where you can't do without it?
Speaker 2: Right? But I would have loved to know what the first crack, how I felt.
Speaker 1: Like you can still find out.
Speaker 2: I don't want to shut up because I don't want because I see what it does. But imagine something that feels that good that you running behind it, like risk, Like that's.
Speaker 1: What I didn't really feel that good? Or just the chemical compound of this thing physically changed your DNA. Do you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's why addiction like the way they the way they describe or the definition for addiction. But if something like was intentionally created to make you addicted to it, it's just different, you see what I'm saying, Like, I feel like we like Instagram, was created for you to be addicted to it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: The stuff that they put in some of the foods like McDonald's, they put things in there to make you addicted to it. If that thing wasn't in there, would you actually be addicted to it? So are they creating addiction? Is what I'm saying. Oh?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, What are they put in that McDonald's sprite Because they're putting something it's different than the regular spry, right, that's just I.
Speaker 1: Haven't had McDonald's in a very long time. Nothing from there. Even the ice creams started to taste like dishwashing detergent to me. So I don't even get that shit. And half the time the machine be broke anyway because they don't want to clean it and should be full of mold. And if you look up under them ice machines mold. So your physical addictions are the ones that are generally better known. These are addictions to substances that are ingested or otherwise put into a person's body. See otherwise put into a person's body. So I feel like it, especially in America, they are creating addiction. It's not that you're just addicted to this thing. It was intentional for you to be addicted.
Speaker 2: Social media.
Speaker 1: So some common physical addictions include alcohol, tobacco, opioids, prescription drugs, cocaine, marijuana, amphetamines, hallucinogens Inhaling's and PC What the fuck is the whoopies?
Speaker 2: Whoopies whoopies? Unlike the Pink Star be lying. But it's like, you know, like a canna, oxygen cream, wood cream and the O two or whatever it is that comes out of the can inhaling that shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people, nuts, How did you even know that got you high?
Speaker 2: Though? That's what I'm saying. But you can buy it now where it's just like the can with the air in it and the kids are doing it.
Speaker 1: What's the dude? You all Santana was doing it in the middle of an interview, like.
Speaker 2: Wow, how it's interesting.
Speaker 1: Physical addictions can generally be grouped into three categories, alcohol, ulicit drugs, and prescription drugs. Alcohol addiction is arguably among the most common. It manifests in form of alcohol dependency, binge drinking, or regular heavy drinking. So most addictions are masking other problems, mental health, shit, trauma. Self is yourself medicating essentially. Yeah, so our little addictions at that serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like, I mean, they can't become serious. If we allow shrooms every Friday, could be shreams every morning.
Speaker 1: I don't really do it every Friday though, because I haven't done it in the last month, but I like it on Fridays. It may not be an.
Speaker 2: Addiction, but our sugar addiction could really be turned into something bad for us diabetes, health issues and all that stuff. Food addiction is definitely the number one killer in America is food, you know. Hm, So, I mean that's pretty serious. But when it comes to have you ever, do you know somebody who has to get up and drink first thing in the morning when they wake up.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do.
Speaker 2: It's the saddest thing to see the witness you know, someone who just addicted to like alcohol.
Speaker 1: And it's so weird that alcoholics they get drunk so quick because their body never really rid of the alcohol, So one low drop of alcohol they re drunk all over again. So early in the morning, could do one drink, but you never, like your body never got ready to alcohol from yesterday. And I always think.
Speaker 2: Because you smell it coming out of their body, out the pores. Yes, it's so bad, I know.
Speaker 1: Like, and people say alcoholism is thereditary as well, like I think it is in my family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mine too, most families. Shit, but that's just never been my I'm grateful because I know I could have very well easily been an alcoholics, just because how many I know in my family. But I'm never like, liquors sit in my house, whatever, just be sitting there. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Now's a week. You've never been the type of like, I gotta I'll have a bottle and it's gonna be there for a long time. There'll be a lot of time to even drink wine at home. I'm really a real life social drinker. And even now I don't be wanting to drink.
Speaker 2: Because if I just how you feel the next day and the day after that is just awful because I'll never really drink. If I'm drinking, I'm trying to get drunk. I don't drink like, oh, I just want to say, no, what's the point nothing?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, behavioral addictions is classified as any time that one loses control of their actions in order to engage in behaviors that result in brief feelings of happiness. That person becomes dependent on the pleasurable feelings that come as a result of certain behaviors and begin to compulsively act on that behavior. And so this is some of the common behavioral addictions. Food addiction, I got that one, sex addiction, internet addiction, pornography addiction using computers and or cell phones. Do you watch porn? I used to not ass not as much as I was, And I don't even I wouldn't even say it was. It was still wasn't every day, you know what I'm saying. At least once a week I would be watching porn. But I don't even know. Yeah, I don't. It's just it's nasty.
Speaker 2: I probably could count on my hands how many times I've watched porn in my life.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, oh well, and it wasn't even a porn. It's like I probably was masturbating.
Speaker 2: It's just I don't know. I can't get into it.
Speaker 1: I need a plot. It gotta be like a movie or something. Many haven't like that type of porn, Like you want to see a bitch meeting nigga at the grocery store. I have like a whole little storyline. I don't even know why these people are having said instead of a nasty horn music in that, it just start fucking.
Speaker 2: No, it needs to be romantic or something. I don't know, because this is just dirty. Why are y'all having sex? Right? You don't even know him.
Speaker 1: She do know him from another set like they probably sashed before.
Speaker 2: No, see, I need I need a backstory. I need to know are y'all in love?
Speaker 3: Girl? Right?
Speaker 1: Video game addiction work addiction. I'm never going to have that addiction. I wish I had it, though, Shit, I wish I had this addiction to exercise addiction. Oh yeah, but occasionally I won't get into that. I need to get there right the fuck now. Like yesterday, I.
Speaker 2: Can't wait to get back on my feet so I can go back to spend class.
Speaker 1: I really was enjoying spiritual obsession, not to be confused with religious devotion. I don't that one is weird to me. Why would spiritual be an addiction, but religious devotion isn't isn't It's literally the same thing. So I feel like they making a spiritual thing like negative, right, that's weird uh, seeking pain. I guess those like people who do like cutting andy be cutting themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's wow. Oh cutting is.
Speaker 1: The next thing. Yeah, so seeking pain and then cutting. Shopping addiction exercise.
Speaker 2: Oh I got that one. Shopping addiction A bitual in a shop. I love Amazon, dude, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't always buy something like I like looking like I'm a buy. Yeah, I'm a hurry up and buy. No problem, baby, because I'm about to. I don't really have a shopping addiction. I do like it feels good to buy stuff, though. For sure. I like spending money. I love spending money. Oh if it's somebody else mon, Oh, such a high. All right. So it says if you have an impulsive control disorder, you are especially susceptible to compulsive behavior that could lead to a severe addiction. Similarly, mental health issues or mental disorders can exacerbate the risk of both a substance use disorder and behavioral addiction. Physical and behavioral addictions are often linked. Over half of those suffering from addiction to one substance are also using other substances. Additionally, those battling substance abuse disorders often suffer from behavioral addiction. As well. So a lot of this stuff go hand in hand. I just would like to say, if anybody out there is listening to the show and you guys, are you think you might have an addiction of some sort, see help today. There's a lot of different resources out there. I might. One of my homegirls she is about to open up she's a psychologist, so she's about to open up a clinic, and she after Scissa recently not Siss Jesus christ. Ari Lennox recently was on social media saying how she is slowly weaning herself off of social media because it is an addiction, right, So to say I'm not going to get on at all, it's kind of unreasonable a lot of times, like you just kind of mean yourself off like a drug. But my homegirls, like, damn, I need to offer that as a service.
Speaker 2: What helping people remove themselves from social media? Yeah, yep, I don't want to go So there's that.
Speaker 1: You say, you don't want to.
Speaker 2: Go noh, like completely from social media?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Their benefits. Yeah, yeah, I don't want to completely be gone, but I don't want to be on there as much as I am unless it's productive, right, Yeah, And there is a There is a hot line that you, guys, if you feel like you have an addiction to something and you need some help, there is a hot line you can call and you can down nine eight eight and you will be connected to someone who can assist you with some support, you know.
Speaker 1: Twenty four hours today. You can also text nine to eighty eight and chat with someone. Mm hmm, yeah, chat because it's serious, especially when you're fentanyl that's out here. Like Koch used to be okay, but now you don't know what you're getting. Not saying that you're ever okay for real, right, But people weren't dying like they are now because it's not pure anymore. It's being mixed with other things. Even on a weed child, you gotta be careful. You gotta know your source. Right.
Speaker 2: So I just recently got one hundred cases of narkn to pass out. I'm going to like go out in Charlotte once I can walk. You know, I don't want to do it right now because it's just physically not capable. But before the like maybe around Thanksgiving, I'm definitely gonna get outside and set up a table. There. There's a place in downtown Charlotte where they set up tables for food for the homeless and pass out food. And I guess I might set up a table out there and pass out this nar can maybe do fifty here and fifty in Charlotte. It's not that much, but I mean, that's one hundred potential lives that could be saved just by a little narkyn Because how many people do you know? They have died A lot, a lot.
Speaker 1: If they didn't die, they got hospitalized, like, yeah, a lot. So when it started hitting home, that's when you know it's a problem because you know some things like you know of someone you know, these are family members I've had die in the last year.
Speaker 2: Me too, me too, friends, family members real close to home. And then when I when I try to like ask people, hey, you want to take some Narkian with you, they get offended and I'm like, I don't do no drugs. I'm like, well, it don't have to be for you. It could be for somebody that you know. It could be if you're somewhere and some what just happens to drop, you know you can and then if they inhale this narcian, even if they didn't do drugs, it won't harm them, you know, it won't do anything to them. So it's just good to have just to have one on hand somewhere around you, your your your neighbor, could be like an older elderly person who has because fanol isn't drugs.
Speaker 1: Is a drug, it's a prescription drug. Yeah yeah, but I'm saying I have synthetic stuff out here as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it could be a part of someone's prescription and they might take for god that they already medicated and take it again and I can't can help with that. You know, it doesn't have to necessarily be something that's recreational. So I just you know, encourage everyone to have something in their emergency kid in their home. Yeah I don't have at this point. Well, I can't send you some.
Speaker 1: It's unfortunate, man, it's unfortunate.
Speaker 2: Hopefully not me sending you nark and your football biscuits at the same time.
Speaker 1: Like this is cokeon this, uh on, that's what it's gonna look like with that cream in the middle. Shame anyway, I think we pretty much hard to give our last last on this. Y'all were in the dumb bitch stories like.
Speaker 2: Hello, Yeah, y'all, y'all be in the dams time. I got a story to tell.
Speaker 1: I think business.
Speaker 2: Don't be wanting the text stay story. We need to start letting them call back in is our calling number?
Speaker 1: Yes, actors active, hold on, let me look, let me get it because I don't know if by heart for real not yet anyway. Matter of fact, I'm gonna put it on a poster right on my laptop screen. Okay, So if you have any dumbitch stories or look, you got some questions for us, y'all can hit us up at nine one nine four one zero seven seven three five. That's nine one nine four one zero seven seven three five. Leave us a voicemail. It cannot be over three minutes, though, so talk real fast or call back multiple times, a car back and say your name at the beginning.
Speaker 2: And it don't even have to like be a dumbitch story. Or you just want to if you have an opinion or a suggestion, or if you have anything you want to say to us, call us that no suggestions, no, I want to hear it.
Speaker 1: Leave all suggestions in the hate box. Okay, leave all the suggestions, leave all the hate suggestion. It might be something good. Or y'all can email us at We Talked Back pod at gmail dot com. Okay, that's it, all right, y'all listen If you enjoy this episode, y'all tune in every Thursday on the Black Effect iHeartRadio app on wherever the fuck you get your podcast that. Make sure y'all register the vote. Also make sure y'all download these episodes. Make sure you got us on auto download. Double click on us again on iHeart or the Apple app, and again go register to vote. Check your voter registration because November fifth, right, yep, it's right around the corner. Okay, do your civil dease.
Speaker 2: All right, y'all. It's official Tam Bam.
Speaker 1: I love y'all.
Speaker 2: I'm addicted to.
Speaker 1: It's your co host aj Holiday.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: That's on Instagram. Go ahead, Tam. It's official Tam Bill.
Speaker 2: I love y'all so much. I'm addicted to loving this high school God. Remember speak now girl, hold I Love Bye Deuces.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from I Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.