Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: I am all in with Scott Patterson and iHeart Radio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, iimill and podcasts. I Heart Radio one eleven productions. I'm joined by my intrepid cru Tara Sued, Susanne French, the new kid on the Block, and Stalwart. You know where you love her? Sometimes you don't love her so much as you really do.
Speaker 3: Love her lately, Yes.
Speaker 1: But lately we really love her and everybody does and should. Sugar and Amy has a little titbit of infromation. Yes, thank you on Warmer colleagues.
Speaker 4: Danielle Queen Danielle. The baby. The baby's great, about eight pounds, adorable, amazing. I won't reveal the baby's real name. We'll let her do that when she comes back. But I do know the Gilmore girl's name that the baby almost got.
Speaker 3: Oh I guess.
Speaker 4: I yeah, send your guesses because I will reveal it at the end of this episode. Ah gosh, Tara, what is your guess? And I'm gonna have a poker face.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think Gilmore related. It was gonna be Milo.
Speaker 1: Milo Romo.
Speaker 5: Moreno, it's Moo, She's Romo's her Mabelo Moreno.
Speaker 4: Do you have a guess.
Speaker 2: I hadn't thought about it, but I'm gonna guess Logan stalking Moreno.
Speaker 1: I think it's because Moreno. I think it's with Moreno.
Speaker 4: We'll all find out at the end of this episode. Do I sound like after the break exactly?
Speaker 1: I thought he walked in? What's weird? How'd you do that after the break?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You do it better.
Speaker 1: We'll find out the baby's nine. No, right, I don't do access.
Speaker 4: I'll have the big reveal.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's great. Anyway, I hope everybody caught the first episode of Sullivan's crossing. We got a nice number. C W is very excited. It's going to be Wednesday nights, eight o'clock seven.
Speaker 4: Good rating.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Yeah, yeah, we were. CW's really over the moon over it. And uh, we'll just keep building and building and keep making episodes right up here doing that very thing. Anyway, let's get into this U season so far always a godmother, never a god What do we think?
Speaker 4: Well, I know people just really turn on season six so far totally good.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 7: It's just see this is where I turn even this episode tre Yeah, this is where I I don't know, it's just I kind of agree with I'm kind of with the fans on this one.
Speaker 3: It's this is where I'm just like, it's not Rory.
Speaker 4: That's actually pretty true.
Speaker 3: That's my only issue, by the way, Like I feel like the rest is fine, it's just the Rory storyline.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, she isn't being rory ish well sometimes but not.
Speaker 3: I think it's just hard to accept when people grow up and change, you know, and when you're used to five seasons of a character and then she really flipped, like it was like complete flip.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean I still enjoy it, but that's definitely where I kind of start falling off.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Susanne, you want to synopsize for him?
Speaker 2: I would love to synopsize.
Speaker 1: He's been waiting to synopsize, and you can see you can see it in her face.
Speaker 2: I didn't get to do it last time because I had a conflict, so I now I've been waiting to synopsize.
Speaker 1: I know, I think I had to do it. I don't know what my ratings were, but no, actually, Suzanne texted me and she says, if I if I don't synopsize, I'm gonna hunt you down. I'm going to end you. So go ahead. This is this is a synopsisation, and I give you, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Susanne French well By, thank you for that kind introduction. Season six, episode four, Always a Godmother, Never a God. This aired on October fourth, two thousand and five. Jackson's quirky family is in town for his children's baptisms. Suki asks Lorelayah and Rory to be gone my others and lore I suspects it's a ploy to get them together. Also, Luke freaks out when Brian and Zach spend all of the band's tour money.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, so okay, I'll just throw it out there. The tour money thing bugged. But we can talk about that. But Nick Offerman, he look licking the.
Speaker 1: Key was so cringe and so great.
Speaker 4: I mean, wow, it licks her. Luke, Now we're both wet.
Speaker 1: No, let's get out. It looks his thumb touches her touches himself.
Speaker 4: Is awesome.
Speaker 2: My whole episode is like one long favorite line like this.
Speaker 1: It really is right. There's so many Oh god.
Speaker 4: But man, can we just get it out of the way. Dumb recording equipment stuff. I literally was like, can we move on from this? Like this is so annoying. I feel why would they take nine thousand dollars and buy broke ass equipment?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Did you like? Was it amusing or am I the only one that was just like.
Speaker 1: It just it just falls flat, you know, it's uh it. I liked the scene in the diner that yes, that was good. Yeah, I like that stuff, you know it really yeah, I flat. I threw a flag on that one too flat.
Speaker 4: Great guy, he was a great guy. Like there sales associated.
Speaker 3: I'm just right right, yeah, Suzanne, like it just dragged, like we could have kept that diner scene and then that was it, like we didn't need everything. And then like they didn't get it was like they didn't get changed. It was like you just spent all the month. Like I was like, you guys aren't like five years old buying a toy.
Speaker 2: You know, spent nine thousand dollars because this guy was really cool?
Speaker 3: You think I was gonna make it also nine thousand dollars in two thousand and.
Speaker 4: Five, right, you know I spent like twenty thousand dollars Like that was annoying and come on, they're not really doing that, you know what I mean, Like those guys aren't criminals that are gonna steal the band money and not talk Elaine about it or poor Gil like come on, yeah, dumb, but the rest pretty into. I have a few criticisms, but right from the start, I always like how they I think they do this well. Scott Luke's off camera and you hear him off camera, you know, like about the base boards, even though it was so dated, the videotapes because I had that.
Speaker 1: I had it too.
Speaker 2: I still have boxes of vhs stake, you know what.
Speaker 3: I kind of was with her when she was like, but you get to watch the original commercials, Like, I kind of get it.
Speaker 4: Scott, did you to like record your work on video tapes?
Speaker 1: I never recorded my work. I never wanted to say it.
Speaker 4: When Gilmore Girls was out, there were DVDs obviously because they're at the end too, but I think I still definitely had a ton of my videos.
Speaker 3: It was like the end of it, right, like two thousand and four or five was the end of recording on vhs.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks changing that.
Speaker 4: I miss videos and I lost a few. But the fact that we all don't have to have all that crap is really nice, like all those DVDs and all the vhs, the set tapes kind of nice that it's all just like in your phone.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know about that, really, I don't agree with I don't know if I agree with you about that.
Speaker 4: You liked having it on the like something you could touch.
Speaker 1: Well, is this a different conversation?
Speaker 4: Really? Are you a record guy? You like you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've got records?
Speaker 1: I do. I have lots of them. I love that records are that is the portal into that world, and it's a physical square, and the record itself is round portal into their brains, that band's brain. They've got the liner notes, you can read all that stuff. Who worked on the album, who produced the album? You got the lyrics, you got the photography inside the liner, You've got stories, You've got all kinds of things. I mean, it's an accompaniment to why when you put the headphones on and listen to the album from start to finish, I'm telling you, I'm about to go on. I'm gonna have a Scott rant. Steve Jobs ruined music when he convinced when he convinced the top artists to simply release singles, stop releasing albums. You can put them on my platform. We'll take thirty percent, you get seventy.
Speaker 4: Do you think he did it? It wasn't just his idea, It was his idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, Oh sure, I never listened to I'm with Scott, Like I was not for DVDs and movies like those can stay on my streaming platforms. But I loved like the case in my car, like you know it used to flip through that case and like behind me actually in this like this little thing behind me, it's all records, like I collect vinyl now, right, So yeah, like I love that stuff. But DVDs and movies, I'm fine with it being on streaming.
Speaker 1: But but but right, But your album collection was a point of pride. What do you have to find? You? Who? What do you have in your album collection? You know, you have Jazz Records, You've got McCoy tyner, you've got Herbie Hancock, you've got the Beatles, You've got this, you've got that. You know, you've got all these great bands. And and the cover art and the and the liner art was just so interesting, you know it just this that album cover alone provided so many jobs. You know. Now it's all kind of gone. That experience is gone for people, and it's just sort of these singles in the cloud and you know what tactile thing, what thing that you can touch, you know that you buy the music with connects you to that music. I don't know what it is. It's it's something electronic and sort of you know, the cloud again. So it takes this further away from the human experience, which I objected. That's my personal failing.
Speaker 4: I really admire your passion for it too. It's like I didn't think of any of this. I just thought of it as like crap in my cab.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like one person's crap is another person's gold, right, So yeah.
Speaker 4: I did admire her random DVDs though, them PI not Landing twenty one Jump Street, Like, there was some good sort of shout outs to old stuff.
Speaker 1: So I think those VHS tapes reminded larel I of herself. She was outdated now.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh interesting.
Speaker 1: Deep symbolism. Whoa like Rory's putting you in a box.
Speaker 4: And we will get to this too.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: The decor of Rory's room at in the Poolhouse. Oh my gosh, it's literally phenomenal. It's phenomenal. It's a lot of fabrics and a lot of colors and a lot of mixed match things, and I am in amazing. Did you guys see paul Anka just sitting on the chair too?
Speaker 1: And I think the best group scene with the light Light Light and Death Brigade, I think that was one of the best scenes they've ever done.
Speaker 4: With the light in the poolhouse A girl, Oh my god, wait, we have to talk about it all. Malamar's got a shout out too.
Speaker 3: I say, I heard that.
Speaker 4: And it's right around the time, right when do Malamars come back? It's I think it's full Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: I think last year.
Speaker 2: At them in California, I've never had a Malamar.
Speaker 4: Oh, Suzanne, welcome, Welcome to the show. So I can't remember if it was last year or the year before. We've been through this. It was last year. We found them, I believe at Target, and I think they just came from Target. We ordered them, but I think they could be at any Target. It's just only a few certain months of the year. We'll get them for you.
Speaker 2: I knew that they were seasonal, but I've never seen them.
Speaker 4: I'll get them for you. We'll do it again. We'll do the Malamar round up again. Yeah. Look, if we can do anything for you, it's get you. A Malamar.
Speaker 1: Does and works at the airport. He can get me anything.
Speaker 4: They're actually quite tasty. I can't remember if somebody they're.
Speaker 2: Covered in chocolate. You can't go wrong, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they have sort of like a Graham crackery thing going on. Some White Marshalls. They were. They were quite tasty. Someone said, freezo or we will have to get into it. We'll make some recipes.
Speaker 1: Thanks for tuning into the I am all in with Scom Patterson Malamar division.
Speaker 4: And it'll never leave us because we did have a whole Malamar edition last year and you can't. You can't escape it. No, no, as soon as we get off, I'm going on Target dot com to find them.
Speaker 1: They must be dealt with.
Speaker 2: You also mentioned red vines, and red vines are quite controversial. A lot of people are like, no, no, no, it has to be.
Speaker 1: No twizzler guy right here.
Speaker 3: No Twizzlers are.
Speaker 5: Disgusting, Twiddlers too stupid.
Speaker 1: All the way. Red what.
Speaker 2: Tastes plastic?
Speaker 1: I agree, taste like pure sugar. It's just sugar. At least at least twizzlers have some some I don't know, they've got some bite in them. If somebody was like Jewy.
Speaker 4: I'd say no. If someone offered me a Twizzler, I'd say no. But if they offer me ready, I'd say yes.
Speaker 1: I'm generation invented sugar daddies off.
Speaker 2: I don't wait.
Speaker 4: Does anyone like have their Halloween candy?
Speaker 3: And I have Twizzlers in my little We went to Target the other day and bought like the little like variety packs.
Speaker 4: I got mine Target to I get treats. Oh my gosh, wait, I almost.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna ask us if we got trigger Tree?
Speaker 4: No, I was gonna ask them. Celebrate Canada, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. I don't know what right, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's an American thing. I don't know they do can somebody Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: Thanksgiving was yesterday in Canada.
Speaker 4: Leave for real?
Speaker 1: For real?
Speaker 4: What's it called Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: Apparently they do. Halloween is celebrating Canada, and although it's not a public holiday, it's a very popular celebration that's considered the second largest commercially successful holiday in Canada, no way.
Speaker 4: Great stuff stuff. Well, so we go into her closet. She's in her candy striping outfit, which they don't call it candy striping anymore. What do they call it? My niece is one, Oh, it has it's different name. It's not called candy stripping. But anyway, she's got the wallpaper. They're like taking out her summer things. The closet's amazing, phone ring in, Emily's on. I mean, I'm still in like nothing's the whole episode so far is still like good. I mean the clothes bit was kind of dumb, like she's so hashtag rid, she's got to get rid of her summer things. But you know, well, now the maid.
Speaker 2: The maid makes a comment to Rory about how Emily is trying to correct her wardrobe. So you you see how Emily is, you know, trying to control Rory's direction and put her in that mold of what she thinks Rory should be.
Speaker 4: Well that brings me to my question. Do you guys think Emily was actually stuck in Helsinki or did she intentionally get stuck in Helsinki so that Rory had to take over the party.
Speaker 1: Fill in for her m I think she was actually stuck in hell Sink. I'm gonna go with that, Yeah, don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think she would have wanted Rory to just jump in with both feet like that. She would have wanted to be with her the first time she hosted something.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was intentional.
Speaker 3: This was also me just thinking that she wasn't available for the episode. Yeah literally, like that was like the only thing that went through my head for me.
Speaker 2: I heard wasn't in it at all?
Speaker 4: Yeah, correct, But they are loaded, she could She's not gonna be stuck in Helsinki. They can fly out, like, they can get a different flight, they get a first class flight. Like I'm sort of inclined to think maybe maybe.
Speaker 2: It was weather or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know, well, knowing the episode that follows this, you might have a point.
Speaker 4: Amy, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's hell Sinky.
Speaker 4: Where is hell Sinki been?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Is there weather in October in Helsinki?
Speaker 1: Of course there's weather in October in Helsinky.
Speaker 3: It's just California, where it's one hundred degrees in October.
Speaker 4: And normally seventy. We just have so much seventy, not a.
Speaker 1: Lot of ninety five. Though, what are you talking about seventy where you are?
Speaker 4: Well, no, it's been one hundred here, it's been one hundred and Pebble.
Speaker 1: Beach at sixty degrees every day. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. That's insane. In Santa Monica, it's usually just seventy ninety.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, so hell Sinky to hell sinkyas could have n I might.
Speaker 4: Just be like a conspiracy theorist, but I felt like maybe she was just kind of shoving Rory into it to get to see if she could get her claws and in her.
Speaker 1: I think that that would have been too delicious a storyline not to write scenes for.
Speaker 4: So truth truth, what's a cannot pay anybody? We should look that up.
Speaker 1: It's like an app, like an order, like a two headed hummingbird?
Speaker 4: Is it the same as an order? Let's look up.
Speaker 2: I think it's a subset.
Speaker 4: It's a type of order, A small prepared and offering decorative food, small piece of bread or cracker topped with some savory food. Oh wow, they look delicious.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you had lunch.
Speaker 4: No, I'm starving.
Speaker 1: I know. I can tell.
Speaker 4: Everything's been about foods. So much so, now we go to the baptism, go to the baptism. Suki and Jackson are what kind of.
Speaker 1: Food were they serving at the baptism? Let's get into that.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, did you see that spread after in the towns where I was like, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Literally, Yeah, we're at the correct guys, everybody's she's very hungry.
Speaker 4: We're going to start talking about the baptism, getting that that we're learning that there needs to be a baptism, and Suki and Jackson are sort of fighting about it. And for me, the funniest part, and we all know we're not good at math either, I was like, I can't do it.
Speaker 1: That was great, I thought. McCarthy Melissa McCarthy hit it out of the park in this episode. Yeah, she was if she stole it from me. She featured actress, really terrific stuff, all of her comedic weapons, yeah, brought to bear in this one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The baptism thing was great for me. The whole trajectory of it, from explaining they were having it, to the family staying at the end, to the family showing up at the end, to the actual baptism.
Speaker 1: Clayton can kiss my ass yeah.
Speaker 4: The nick Offerman stuff, the Rory versus Loralai, even the reverend.
Speaker 1: That all to me was like great, were good to pause when they asked you to renounce Satan, Laurela.
Speaker 3: I also love when Laurelai was like, oh yeah, and the and and the part the after party to kind of like get Suky excited. It's like, oh food, Like it's a get her mind off of like the whole family coming to.
Speaker 4: Make her summer salads. Yeah, and then there's the full callback when she's like, the salads are great. They are. This whole episode is so much food because then we go to the reception and I want to know what y'all think of Rory at this thing? But the salmon puffs, So what did you guys think of Rory?
Speaker 2: She was Emily's mini me. She just fell right into that role and went for it.
Speaker 4: Stagger their release, We.
Speaker 2: Have Garnish on it.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know if I'm going to get hate for this, but I think it's just so awkward, like it's so not natural, and it was like it's sometimes cringey to watch her speak that way. I'm like, I don't I just don't buy it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I wrote she was screaming, somebody makes some coffee like it.
Speaker 1: Just it was.
Speaker 3: It was was kind of like someone said this was supposed to be Emily's line and now Rory read it. Oh wow, Tara, Yeah, I'm being a little mean, but no, no.
Speaker 4: No, I mean it's fine. I wrote she's so something because I don't know what to how to describe her. I just said she's being so something like in quotes like what's wrong with her?
Speaker 1: He's acting like she's taken on the role of hosting a party for the fundraiser or whatever it was for the d d A R.
Speaker 4: Right, But even Rory, the Rory we've known, would have done it, would have done a good job with it, but would have had a lot of sarcasm with it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, had a little bit of Laura I in her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I think, but I think that's the point, right, that's because she's separated from her mother, right, that she's dropped the sarcasm. Wow, Scott, Yeah, maybe maybe the sarcasm isn't something that she wants to carry around on her back because she doesn't have that frustration or hostility.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Because that's what sarcasm is. Right, Maybe she doesn't want to be that person.
Speaker 4: That's interesting because both had a tiny little I don't want to put words about tiny little issue with the constant sarcasm, right, So I.
Speaker 1: Think, I know, I think, I think it's loralized character, and I think it's the sole you know, it's sort of the manufacturing facility for the humor and the jokey jokes and all the great stuff. So it serves a you know, dual purpose. But it also does define care, that defines personality. And maybe that's just an aspect that that Rory does not or no longer finds appealing, and that she doesn't want to carry it around. She doesn't have it in her too. She doesn't have that rage, she doesn't have that anger toward her parents she does maybe you want to separate a little bit. She maybe wants to separate a little bit from from Laurel. I have don't mean she hates her.
Speaker 4: It's really interesting that you notice that, because maybe that's what's missing for me. She's not funny right now, she's just so something she does later do the funny line, what will match the baby thing is?
Speaker 1: That's what makes Laurela I laurel Ey. Laurela is going to be in that situation with the d R and the jokes are coming and the sarcasms coming and all the putdowns and all the funny, all that stuff that's not Rory. Rory isn't that person. She doesn't. She wouldn't do that. She would be It would be out of character for her.
Speaker 5: To do that.
Speaker 4: Really good note because I was like, what is she missing? But she's missing being funny.
Speaker 1: She's a decent She's a decent person. I'm not saying Laurla isn't a decent person, but you know, that character, as I said, has the burden of that dual purpose. You know that sarcasm is the fuel of the show.
Speaker 4: Was I the only idiot that didn't realize they were at the house until they went out to side. I was like, oh my god, the party's at the house like I thought it was down at the wherever the daar is. I was like, whoa. So that was sort of I don't know, maybe I was just out of it.
Speaker 1: And then even it logan you're talking about you're talking about Emily's house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't realize. I was so dumb. I didn't realize the party was at Emily's.
Speaker 3: I didn't feel like it didn't feel like it until they walked until they went to the Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't. I didn't recognize it as Emily's kind.
Speaker 2: Of the paintings were by the stairs, so when they were talking to the I can't Nora, I think over by the paintings the stairs were in the background.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I recognized Washington portrait. Yeah yeah, Yeah, that threw me off. But then I thought Logan was acting so weird that I was like, he's not even being polite, Like Logan knows how to fake it better. So that was a little weird to me. I'm like, this guy.
Speaker 1: Somebody, But he just had an ass chewing from his dad obviously, right, yes, do you imagine the meeting that he just had with his dad before he came to Rory. You'll never amount that screaming at the top of his lungs. You will inherit the mantle. You will get an MBA, you will take over this company. I've built this for you. You will not, you know, fly off to the pier for the weekend and be irresponsible and buy clothes for your girls. You won't do that. You won't be that guy, because that's what a lot of the wealthy kids do. They they I've never I have to compliment this show for really illuminating and I'm not expecting anybody listening on it is to feel sorry for people, because I know they don't and they never will. But imagine having a life where you don't get to make any choices. And I know it's hard for people to imagine that. You know, but that's not the life he wanted.
Speaker 4: No, I don't disagree with you, right if you're not the life.
Speaker 1: That's why he was in a bad mood. It's like I don't get to live my own life. I have to I have to live the you know, boohooy, poor guy is going to be a billionaire. We feel so sorry. You got to work your daddy's empire, right, You've got to take over your daddy's empire. But as he not what he wants, I.
Speaker 4: Still think he would have faked it and not been rude to those ladies. Well.
Speaker 3: I think also Rory, being so much like Emily, also did. There was so many of those awkward pauses, like if if she had the Laura lie in her like that answer, she would have like filled those gaps. And I think that's what also made this scene even more awkward for me, was like when that Logan part came and I was like, all right, we're getting nowhere with this scene, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then we have the same thing comes up, which we'll talk about with Lane and Rory. At first, I'm like, but.
Speaker 1: Let me let me go back to Logan at the party and his apparent rudeness. I think that was him obviously not wanting to be in the presence of all these phonies.
Speaker 4: Of course, Yeah, agree, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: He just and his jam man. He's not interested in pretending anymore.
Speaker 4: He's like Laura Lai. It's like they have more in common an anyone really has acknowledged yet.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 3: I actually never thought of it that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he doesn't. He wants his own thing, and he's totally controlled by his parents, just like she was, unlike Rory.
Speaker 3: Now, I think that's why Laura I doesn't like Logan.
Speaker 4: I think she doesn't know yet. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think at first she still sees him as part of that world and doesn't really know yet that he's rebelling against it.
Speaker 4: Also, Yeah, but I don't.
Speaker 1: I think what she doesn't like is the obvious partying and the drinking and the stealing. The Yeah, but I think that's the part I think. I think if he was, you know, Logan two point zero, who was had his act together and was you know, all in on the family business, I don't think Laura I would have a problem with it.
Speaker 4: I wonder if you could ask Laura I which team she is like now this many years later, not Lauren but Laura LI. If you're like Laura, who do you think Rory should have ended up with?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 4: She would say? I'm not sure she would like Logan in the movies. I do, but there's some definite I.
Speaker 3: Don't think she was there. I think she still has an issue with everyone. Yeah, like each each person has its own issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So then there's a sad scene. I mean, I'm not gonna lie, this actually was rough. So she goes We're back at Laura's house and she's feeding Paul Incoln backing out of the room in the dark, and then she's eating in bed, watching the video or deciding what video she wants to watch, and calls Rory's phone and the numbers disconnected and that was I literally just wrote in my notes, well, that's awful, Offul.
Speaker 1: You know what, you know, what's really great about that character, that Laura like character is that even though yeah, it was a sad scene and all that, she gave that dog the comfort and the space it needed to eat that food in the dark. And that's her character. She respects. She's in tune with just about everybody, right, and she accepts people for who they are. She loves their quirks, she loves them for who they are, and she's willing to nurture and support them for who they are. And I think that's one of the elements why people love that character. So, yeah, she's a way right right exactly, but she really isn't judgmental at all on that level. She's very accepting of everyone. And you know that it's raw material for her Joki jokes, that's that's another French fit of that. But she doesn't cut herself off from the world. She accepts everybody. It's kind of yeah.
Speaker 4: And you know, on that same note, a lot of people wouldn't allow the space between them and their daughter, right. They would have either worked it out or you know, you know, or sort of you will talk to me, you will you know, like she's sort of able and you have to be fairly confident to do that, to say okay, like we won't speak right now, and maybe she's capable of that because of the relationship she has with her parents.
Speaker 2: I couldn't do She said that to Luke in that in that kitchen conversation, She's like, Rory has to go through this and come out the other end, because Luke was saying like, aren't you going to do something about this, and she was saying no, She's I'm just gonna let her experience this. So I think that's kind of how it plays out over the next couple episod.
Speaker 4: So she's like, all right, this is what you chose. You lived with this for a while and see how it goes, and that would be hard. I have to sort of commend her ability to do that. I couldn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but in the past, like you know, when they got into an argument and then Laura would kind of just like call it like kind of like what she wanted to do, Colin just be like, hey, remember when we watched that one movie or you know, And I think that if her phone wasn't disconnected, this would have we would have had that Laura I or maybe a little bit of it Loralai and Rory moment. And so I think for us the viewer seeing that not be able to happen is like it's just like gut wrenching, you know, like yeah, you feel bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So what do we think would have happened if the phone wasn't disconnected? Like what if Rory had answered the phone? Would she have blown Loralai off and like, Hey, I've got this new life now? Or would they have reconnected.
Speaker 3: I think that she would have engaged, but not fully jump back into Laurla Rory mode. I think she still would be like standoffish, but but would have engaged in the conversation about whatever Laura I want to talk to her about.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think they're both like sort of getting ready to like get over this somehow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like it's coming to an end.
Speaker 4: The question I guess is if Laura could get over it even if Rory doesn't make life changes right, I don't know, because.
Speaker 2: Then Laura I would have to compromise on what she thinks and just accept that this is what Rory is choosing, that she's not going back to Yale. That would be hard for her to handle.
Speaker 4: I think if you called your kid and their phone was disconnected and you're already kind of estranged from them, you would have a full panic attack.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that's that's a bad sign. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know how much we want to jump ahead. But that's the issue I had with Suki.
Speaker 4: Did Suk know I don't know that Suki knew Lauraai didn't have the number.
Speaker 3: Suke, but Suki called the new number or gosh, the new number.
Speaker 4: Right, but she called Emily or she called the house or called Emily, got the number, But we don't know that she didn't know that Loralai didn't have the number. How would Suki know that Rory or Emily didn't just say hey, here's the new number.
Speaker 3: But then also you have the scene with Suki and Luke saying, well, like here's you know, the wedding topper part, and then she's like, well can't you can't they figure it out? Like I think Suki is the best friend. I think she's slacking because she should have given Loralai her daughter's new number, or at least been like, hey, did you hear Rory has a new number, knowing that they haven't talked, and then also, why are you going to Luke to say when's the wedding date when you know that Laura hasn't resolved anything with Rory, and Suki's kind of just like sitting back and not helping situation.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I feel like I kind of disagree with you. I think Suki's doing what she can do. She's totally orchestrated them to each be the godmother so that they can be reunited. I'm not sure Suki has all the information you have, meaning I don't know that she knows. First of all, we don't. She's told Luke, I'm not going to plan the wedding until it's worked out. I think Suki's aware of that, so Suki sort of should respect that. And if Suki doesn't know that, then someone needs to.
Speaker 3: Tell her that there was a part that she was like, I know, like when is it going to get resolved?
Speaker 4: So that's right, So she's almost just once the wedding planned for herself, like she know a girl let them worked it out.
Speaker 2: I felt like she went to the diner and talked to Luke and found out that Luke doesn't really know anything more about this Rory Laurel situation either, and that there's no end in sight. And then that's when she kind of decided, like, all right, I'm just gonna take this into my own hands and ask them both to be godmothers and make them come back together. Like I feel like she made that decision after she had gone to Luke's and realized that, yeah, yeah, she's still knowing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think she's trying. I think she's trying her hardest. I'm not even mad at her. I'm not mad at her for even orchestrating it. And even if she has the phone number, I don't care that she called. Like she doesn't have to disown Rory just because Lorla I did, do you know what I mean? It's like, is Luke not supposed to talk to Rory?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I guess I wish as the best friend she just maybe like helped a little more. But now me have a point, like the whole godmother thing was a way of her or orchestrating it somewhat for them to reunite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think she's almost kind of doing it with a win. It's not like She's even surprise attack, like she kind of told them they both know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Rory also woke up that next morning and said, I have to go see my mother.
Speaker 4: So before we get to that, Scott's favorite scene, Scott.
Speaker 6: So then we go into the Foolhouse and calling and the whole fin and the whole deal, and it's totally funny, with my favorite line being Rory, any chance you're breaking up with Logan in the next one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, such a great line, Oh you forgot your milkmaid.
Speaker 4: The is like, I don't know why those guys because you could easily hate those guys, and yet I like want more of them. I could have done and more of those scenes. And no Zach and Brian. Oh you like Zach and Brian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was a good comic relief.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's funny. I'm surprised they didn't use them more. Do you know what I'm saying? Like if you if you were like asking and I said to you, who's bigger character on Gilmore Girls, Zach and Brian or Colin and Finn, who would you say?
Speaker 1: Well? I think I think Zach and Brian are bigger characters, but I think Colin and Finn are delivering more laughs. I agree, I would have like it's like their delight every time you see them.
Speaker 5: Uh, And.
Speaker 1: I know I think that Zach. Maybe I don't don't know. Do we want to spend a lot of time breaking down why Zach and Brian aren't popping aren't funny? I mean, it's just the chemistry between those two. Who knows, you know, it could be as simple as that.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a great thought, Scott, because Colin and Finn and Logan, all three of them have great chemistry. And it's when Rory is kind of at her best in this episode because she's sort of it's not annoying when she's the straight man with them. I don't need her to be funny or sort of amusing. She sort of is the straight man. I don't know. That whole scene to me was the best in the show too. I loved it.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's the Brian casting, Maybe the character itself isn't as well conceived as we think it could have been.
Speaker 4: This seems like a little bit dorky, right.
Speaker 1: But what if they made a character even more spaced out than Zach. You know, I don't know. I think something that would have made Zach popmore, because I think Zach has some really good stuff. Yeah, I like it still, and I think Todd does a really great job with it, and I don't know that he has a lot to play off of with with that Brian character.
Speaker 4: Right, how good can you make buying a bunch of equipment?
Speaker 3: Well, I was going to say, I think it's also the storyline, like it's just spending nine thousand dollars on equipment. I just we kind of went nowhere with it, Like, I don't know if they had much to play with when like Colin and Finn have this great line of are you bringing up with Logan in the next twenty minute?
Speaker 4: You know, it's just like he is the random girl and him on the phone trying to get a girl, yeah, and then Logan saying, no, you don't need to change your clothes. I'm into the hot librarian thing. The whole thing was sort of it's very collogy and it's very amusing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's that's what the band is kind of lacking.
Speaker 2: I think the punchline of the band thing was not so much that that Zach and Brian went out and did that. It was more Lane's reaction to it. It was supposed to be like the hit point in that storyline, but I think it fell a little flat. Yeah, Like I think it just stretched out too long. It didn't need to be like a whole scene, yeah, or five scenes.
Speaker 4: But so Scott, here comes the topic. Take a deep.
Speaker 1: Breath, Yes, the topic I'm breathing.
Speaker 4: Yes, deeply, very interesting in this show. Yes, they really won't let your butt go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't want to get into it. It's just let's not dig deep into my butt. Let's okay, let's uh yeah, it's just it's like, you know.
Speaker 4: Is this a recurring it's.
Speaker 1: A compliment Suki's obsessed with Luke's but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's only from Suki.
Speaker 4: True, it's so true. I also had a question.
Speaker 1: It would have been an interesting storyline, right they pursued that. Oh god, why not just go for it? Right?
Speaker 4: I hate to throw it out there. That becomes a totally different show. Certainly, it's.
Speaker 1: I mean, if they're gonna if they're going to objectify the character to that degree, just go for it, right, Just just go ahead and have a butt of thon. Right.
Speaker 4: The best line, the best line is when you say me and my butt are staying out of it. Okay, here, I've never been a restaurant server.
Speaker 1: But wait a minute, weren't you especially what's the word saliva salvating? Salivating salivatory with all of those wonderful dishes that Luke was.
Speaker 4: Yes, so here's my question. Has any raise your hand if you've been a waiter? I worked in an ice cream store.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, I've been a waiter.
Speaker 4: Is it common to be like turkey with Swiss, you know, burger with cheddar, like he really calls out the order.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think that that used to be. They still do it today.
Speaker 4: Like in a diner. Yeah, I feel like in a diner yeah yeah, maybe b l T with fries, but like in a fancy restaurant. I don't remember them ever being like limb chops.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a fancy restaurant. They're not slinging hash of course not. They're not like.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they do. It just depends where you are.
Speaker 1: There's an over hearing of that.
Speaker 4: Let me pour that and that one. They're just still like with a Swiss like I was like, you know, Looke.
Speaker 1: Does how to run a diner. It's it's a nice it's a nice introduction. To your your meal.
Speaker 4: It gets blt up. Dang order up. I also love Stoopy left her mother in law in the car.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I should have cracked the window.
Speaker 6: Amy.
Speaker 1: For some reason, I cannot imagine you being a waitress and a diner.
Speaker 4: I worked at an ice cream store. I just I'm sorry, No, I don't think so. I think, yeah, it's okay. I don't think it's I just don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine you being the only waitress in the diner and handling it.
Speaker 4: I don't think I could balance all those plates, and I think I'd get irritated, would you. I'm not I don't know. I can be kind of smiley, like we have to do that at events and stuff, very smiley, and then I'm real over it, like I just would keep going back in the kitchen and being.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, like the rest of the world.
Speaker 4: Does everybody go back in the kitchen, Like I hate.
Speaker 3: You, Like you turn around and you're just like like like your smile becomes just like a frown, like your face were smiling.
Speaker 4: But irols hermanent.
Speaker 1: Irol I'll tell you when I when I was waiting, When I was a waiter, I was genuinely charming. Mm hmmm, so I have that gone that.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 1: I once got a quarter as a tip and went outside and I threw it at the Were you bad?
Speaker 4: Like did you deserve the quarter?
Speaker 1: No? I did not. I deserved a real tip. I wasn't rude. I was. I was a wonderful waiter.
Speaker 4: They were rude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I give it back.
Speaker 4: I give a great tip even with bad service. I always, I always give a great tip, even if the person's a disaster. I'm like, you know what a bad day like here, I'm just gonna shower you with kindness.
Speaker 1: Not all the time, not all the time, I always do.
Speaker 6: I give.
Speaker 4: I love being a big tipper. And I'm not like some celebrity that tips a thousand dollars, but I always, and now since the pandemic, twenty five percent. I try to do twenty five percent. But I don't go to like thousand dollars meals. I mean twenty five percent when you're.
Speaker 1: I give big tips when I get when I or when I when I order for takeout.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me too. Yeah. And people are real mad about that iPad, but I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, you know what, well, I will say the iPad thing. I I was at a concert and I picked up the shirt and held it up against me, and then they asked for a tip, and I was just like, but I picked up the shirt.
Speaker 4: Sure is a little weird, know what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what you say? What did you want to tip? Plant your corner early?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's that's dad, sit on any cold benches.
Speaker 4: But like a Macy's, if they're suddenly asking me for tips, that's going to be uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like restaurants, I'm buying, but if you're like at a concert or like, you know, Macy's.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, it's become a thing. Because the cost of living is so high that people are not getting by on their on their way, they have to enhance it with a tip.
Speaker 4: That's why sometimes a Macy's they helped me more than when I'm getting a sandwich.
Speaker 3: Well, my mom works in retail and she gets commissioned so sandwiches.
Speaker 1: You can order a sandwich at Macy's.
Speaker 4: Know what I'm saying. When I'm if I'm at macy sometimes that person.
Speaker 1: I like that sweater and could I have a cheeseburger?
Speaker 4: That would be amazing. By the way, mem and Marcus.
Speaker 1: They do have a Does do these shoots come with Fries's combine it?
Speaker 4: They should do that. They should give you like snacks while you walk around and shop, and.
Speaker 1: Like Target at the really high end places they have champagne. True, they try to get your hammered, so you just keep buying pretty woman boutiques.
Speaker 4: Did Did anyone even find it amusing that they went in her underwear drawer and all that bit with Lane when she locked?
Speaker 1: I think, listen, can we just agree nothing about that scene was funny?
Speaker 4: Yeah we can, so, Okay. Then we go to sort of the library room of the inn and they're putting away the games, which I noticed were Monopoly in Life and the DVDs which I tried to see as many as I could. My friend Lady Accidental tourists. I think Rudy was in there. That was kind of like just to me. I didn't even I don't even know what they talked about because I was so obsessed with the background. I was like, what can I see? What can I see? And then oh my god, wait is it? Oh no, so this is where has the family come in yet? I don't think they have no So this is where we see Uh, Suki's got her binder. She's got a binder that says like favorite recipes. Oh, and this is where we learn they're both going to be the godmothers. That's what it is that Suki wants them. They're sitting on the tall couch with the dragonfly pillows and she talks about them being godmothers.
Speaker 2: Thoughts, I thought that was funny when laurla I was trying to come up with all these other people that could do it instead, and Suki had all these excuses.
Speaker 8: Why all these different people? Oh she moved yesterday to Peru. Wait when forgive me with my notes? When does the family come in?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: It was when, wasn't it when they said that Bo thinks laurelize an info.
Speaker 4: Yes, but like why.
Speaker 3: We kind of jumped around?
Speaker 4: Did I not? Where is that scene? Did I miss that?
Speaker 3: That's like right after Oh yeah, because we.
Speaker 4: Did skip that. You guys, I'm so sorry because we started to talk about the butt scene and the family's already there because the mother in law's in the car, so we must talk about that scene. When the family rolls.
Speaker 3: In, Michelle's just like so it doesn't want to be there.
Speaker 4: The nick Offerman stuff, and I thought Laurela I was hilarious and or Lauren with that.
Speaker 1: Just like.
Speaker 4: He was just my favorite favorite part of the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, he stole all of those scenes.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, he's so amazing.
Speaker 1: All right, So a minute, what about Sukie walking up to laurl I saying, Uncle Louis hugged me too long.
Speaker 4: Well, when they're both like, we're so so sorry apologizing for.
Speaker 1: Then Michelle had a great line when he said he'll be going to the family's coming, I'll be going to nail down the furniture.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: All of his lines, honestly in that scene were great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Michelle's lines totally just hilarious. The whole thing that was just all hilarious for me. So then we sort of have the parallel scenes. So we have the two scenes Luke and Loralai waking up, alarms going off, she's holding up the dresses, and we have the exact same scene basically with Logan and Rory. So I would love to hear from you guys what you thought about that technique of like the same exact scene.
Speaker 1: Even though they're not talking. DNA's destiny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it kind of showed that maybe they're not as far apart as they seem to be, Like they're still on parallel tracks. They just have to come back together because they're not really as different as they seem right now.
Speaker 4: And those scenes were fine. Those scenes were fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So then we get to.
Speaker 4: Lane's.
Speaker 6: To me, this was so.
Speaker 4: Awkward and I couldn't figure out why. Why were Lane and Rory just so awkward? Then they kind of get in their group, but I was like, this is awful.
Speaker 3: I think it's because of the equipment.
Speaker 1: Talk, right, because it wasn't funny.
Speaker 4: It wasn't funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Rory felt weird being back in town and it just yeah, the whole thing was kind of off killed her.
Speaker 1: It's like, here's it's like two characters trying to be earnest with each other, yeah, without humor, and that's not the show. It seemed like a different show, right, And.
Speaker 4: Was it supposed to be awkward? Like were we supposed to be like, oh, it's so awkward. They haven't seen each other in a bit and they just or was it just bad at writing? Like what was going on?
Speaker 1: If she's been if they haven't seen each other since she before the tour. It's been a couple of months, right, yeah, all right, so you usually they handle stuff like that in the show, where you know, they plan to get together and then Lane shows up or Rory shows up, and they jump up and down, they hug each other and they're right easy. But I think it's it's depicting that Rory has somewhat broken ties with stars hollow Lane. It's like she's moving attempting to.
Speaker 4: Move on great point everybody.
Speaker 1: And the awkwardness was you know, the star of the scene, the awkwardness with Laurel. I that's a new element that we have to deal with. This is the reality of you know, breaking up with a mother, breaking up with a friend, and breaking up with a town and embracing her new life and her new self because it's like, you know, it's like uh uh, you know, yeah, Butterfly coming out of the.
Speaker 5: Christmas right herk still pulled it off, But is it a butterfly? Is it a buttercut Kirk was funny. That was fun Yeah, I'm wearing this, she's all.
Speaker 4: I've done some high fives and some peak a boo sessions, a bizarre Melissa McCarthy got a real new haircut for the baptism too. That looked like a brand new haircut to me.
Speaker 2: My husband noticed that too. I didn't pick up on that.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, and.
Speaker 4: I'll always give a shout out to lorealized fashion. Her fashion is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: But and I know we need to talk about the scene with the Reverend. The biggest stress for me, literally massive stress, very massive stress. The baby with her necklace, Like I was like, this is so bad, Like those not rubber babies, those were real babies. My baby was like gonna choke and die on that necklace. I was like, are you guys doing.
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: Was all I could see in that scene was the baby with the fistful of necklace. I'm like, beads break off, Like it was stressful.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my god, like somebody's got to help that baby, not that necklace, Like, oh my get a beaded necklace that wasn't that that looked like it could have choked. I was beyond So. I also couldn't figure out at first why Laura I was so mad, you know when and we learn it's because of the phone, But she was doing face acting of mad and I'm like, what is she so mad about? Did you guys know that?
Speaker 2: That was kind of a cringey scene for me, just the way I mean, like you're at a baby's baptism, like, just suck it up for twelve litil this is over. Like I couldn't believe she walked out with with.
Speaker 3: The kids in the middle of the whole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then gets irate with a tiny baby in her arm and that baby picking up all the negative vibes there. That's that's traumatizing for a child. Yeah, not great.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of like, really, you're mad at her for calling Rory, like she didn't know that you didn't have the phone number, Like, stop it.
Speaker 1: I was just I don't know.
Speaker 4: The scene with the Reverend to go back was funny.
Speaker 1: It was classic Mary Mary is my homie t shirts and marries my homie.
Speaker 4: I like, good for evil. Wait, what was with Nick Offerman dropping all the change? What was that? I don't know what was that?
Speaker 1: Was the offering? It was at his offerings to what was he doing?
Speaker 2: I just think it was him being uncouth and not knowing.
Speaker 1: To change, and he stuck everybody's face first.
Speaker 4: I thought it was so he could bed over in front of Laura. I.
Speaker 1: I was, I bet you, it's an homage to an old movie that we're not aware, you know what I'm saying. We just don't know the reference that they were.
Speaker 6: To sell.
Speaker 4: It was even way better than he was the last time he was on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. This time was yeah, I agree, Oh my god, it's so good.
Speaker 4: And that the after party of the baptism, like I want to be invited to that. It would be so stoked. The food, it beautiful weather out there in the town on square, Like I just was like, I love it.
Speaker 6: Then.
Speaker 4: First of all, always uncomfortable to see someone talking on their cell phone while driving.
Speaker 1: I thought that that was a big mistake.
Speaker 4: They didn't back then though.
Speaker 3: Everyone Yeah, people did it back then.
Speaker 4: You were just everybody was just gabbing on their cell phones while driving.
Speaker 1: But everybody everybody knew it was a bad idea. People just did it because it wasn't what They weren't getting busted for it, but everybody knew it was distracting and a bad idea. That scene didn't age well under the category, didn't age well totally.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, that is so she's on her phone dialing while driving right, I'm like on that itty bitty phone like.
Speaker 6: Oh god.
Speaker 4: And then off they go to the airport to catch the helicopter, which I was like, oh, that's kind of cute.
Speaker 1: What else.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just very like I don't know this whole so for me, like Rory is just not Rory, Like I don't think she. I mean, well, now she's not in school, so she can go wherever she wants, but like, well, Rory just like she would barely go to New York with Jess?
Speaker 1: Right, how did how did we fall in love with Rory?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Part of it was how she was in relationship with Dean, part of it was how she was in a relationship with Jess, And now she's with a hard drinking, wealthy kid who drowns a sorrow and a couple of glasses of whiskey and gets her on the family helicopter of the Pierre for the weekend. It's not it's unrecognizable. You're right, it is. She is unrecognizable. We do not recognize this person anymore. She's been she's transformed out of all recognition at this point. Yeah, but you know that's that happens.
Speaker 2: Can I throw in one quick question.
Speaker 1: Sorry we don't have time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks for coming.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: What did you guys think about the scene where Rory comes up to Laurel Lion says offers her her phone number, and Laurel lies like, oh thanks.
Speaker 4: That was weird.
Speaker 3: It was right, she's upset, so like, why don't you just now it's this game of like how long can they be at part? Like yeah, you know what I mean, like just just take the phone number, Like you don't have to call her if you don't want to, but like, it is your daughter. What if there's an emergency and you want to call her.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing this, even though she's trying to separate, even though Rory lacks the hostility and the sarcasm, right, she's still her mother's daughter. So what she does have is her stiff upper lip and and she's stubborn, just like Laurla yea, Laura didn't back down, Rory didn't back down.
Speaker 3: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: Hm. That's where they're similar. Yeah, agreed, Yeah, comfortable to watch, but it was true. It was true to character, I thought. But yes, kinda like whoa.
Speaker 4: No mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Nobody's given an inch there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was, yeah, because at first you think, well, maybe the baptism will bring them a little bit closer, and then when that phone number thing happened, and you're like, okay, never.
Speaker 1: Mind, dashed all hope. Right, yes, now I don't It was the Rosio O'Donnell film at the end, right, that was the very last You couldn't have had a better ending, I think.
Speaker 4: And then she says, it's not the same, It's not right.
Speaker 1: Do you think the roso o'donald stuff make it Obviously it lightened it up, but did it make it even more tragic or sad? I don't want that's not say tragic, it's sad. It's a natural rhythm in the in the life and the relationship of a mother and a daughter to sort of separate a little bit. Right.
Speaker 4: It's hard for me because I wish I could remember I remember that movie coming out. It's hard for me because I don't think it endured in pop culture the way other things maybe would have.
Speaker 1: So what are you talking about that the rose o'donnald movie?
Speaker 4: Because the clip took me out of the scene. I was so sort of hyper focused on the rose o'donald clip and sort of that performance that I'm like, I lost the real a little bit.
Speaker 1: Don't you think it had more impact because that because it made you laugh a little bit and then we go, oh, we realize now we're in this state of LORELEI is like nothing, not even that can make Laurel I laugh. It's making us.
Speaker 4: Laugh well, and not even random pop culture because they're not watching Top Gun, right, They're not watching like something that it's very they love this.
Speaker 1: It's not the same because my daughter and I would watch this movie and roll on the floor with laughter or at least chip away at a comment on it. She can't do it alone, right, right. I think she's trying to do it alone.
Speaker 4: Right, I think that commenting on it, yeah, because yeah, I don't know. It made it a little bit more sad to me too, Like justugh.
Speaker 3: I think I personally didn't know what movie it was, so it took me out of it. I was like, is Rosie o'donald like it? For me as someone who didn't know the movie, I was just like, hmm.
Speaker 4: I think it didn't do well that movie it had it. It was a sort of very talked about what movie was? It wasn't it riding and.
Speaker 2: Riding the bus with my sister. Yeah, I think it was familiar with it either.
Speaker 4: I remember it, and it's very their kind of movie. You know, they watched The Brady Brides and like sort of these random things that weren't huge. So yeah, it's something that she wouldn't watch alone. Yeah, riding the bus with my sister.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, so what are you giving the episode? What do you do?
Speaker 4: So do I reveal Danielle's not baby name before we give the reviews? Are the ratings of the episode? Or do we do the ratings of the episode?
Speaker 1: No? Do it now? Do it now? We're tired of actually kind of tired of waiting for it. Let's go. Really, it's like, can you just.
Speaker 4: Say, almost named her baby, which I love that she didn't do it. She almost named the baby Milo, nice?
Speaker 1: Really my little Moreno.
Speaker 4: So almost happened. So when she comes back she can tell everybody the name she did choose.
Speaker 3: Oh, I randomly just thought about that when we were talking about it in the beginning.
Speaker 4: So, so what does everybody give this episode?
Speaker 2: Is that I'm going to give this nine point five salmon puffs?
Speaker 1: Nice, Nice, Tara.
Speaker 3: I'm going to give it a six point five hs take, I just dropped down. I just Rory really bugged me in this episode. I just thought it wasn't genuine.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, eight point nine, but tato salads.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give it. Uh huh. I enjoyed the heck out of this. I'm gonna I'm gonna give it a nine point seven. Uh uh. Kirk suits that his father's was buried in That's what I'm gonna give it.
Speaker 3: Wait, what was the number?
Speaker 1: Nine point seven? Yeah? Yeah, because I don't care, like like when the when the Zach Bryan Lane stuff comes on, I don't care. It's fine and it doesn't irritate me, it doesn't bother me. I sort of enjoy that too, But I know, I just kind of know I'm not going to get a big laugh. If I get a big laugh, then that's great. And I did with from Zach with the yeah that's stuff. I thought it was good. All right, everybody, that's gonna wrap it up for this one. Next Step episode, Season six, episode five, We've got magic to do. Thank you, ladies, uh Susanne French, Tara sued Amy Sugarman. Remember we I a'm all in Stay safe, We see you next time. Hey everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at i Am All In Podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com