Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle get this. I'm coming to over forty cities across the United States, the UK, Europe and Australia to do this here Therapy Gecko Podcast Live. These shows will involve bringing folks from the audience up on stage to talk to a gecko about whatever they want, just like we do on the podcast. The shows are completely unplanned, completely unpredictable, and they will be a lot of fun. So if you're a fan of the podcast, you should definitely come out. Tickets are available right now at therapy geckotour dot com and you should get them before they are sold out. That's therapy geckotour dot com. We'll put the link in the episode description as well. The live shows are are very fun, they're very geko wee, and I hope to see you there. All right, let's get into the episode. Hello, Hello, how are you?
Speaker 2: Is this to get?
Speaker 1: Yes? Is this? Who is this?
Speaker 3: This is Dan?
Speaker 1: What's up Dan? I've been waiting for you. How's it going.
Speaker 3: I've been doing well? Been doing well? How's your day been so far?
Speaker 1: My day? Has my day's been? Okay? I'm actually feeling bad. This is probably the best my I felt emotionally today. So I'm happy to this moment here in this moment, yeah, this moment right now. Actually, no, probably like fifteen minutes, probably fifteen minutes ago. But oh no, that's valid, Dan. How can I get you today? Is there anything particularly called in to talk about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wanted to. I mean, I'd love to talk about, but yeah, one of the things I wanted to talk about was, so I do do want to ask sometimes for some extra cash. And I've stolen a couple of orders a couple of times, different situations. But I stole an order recently, and I've been trying to think if I'm morally in the right, you know, and stealing some of these orders. So this case, I had a lady who at least I picked up an order, drove to the address. She didn't give me any info on how to deliver the order, you know, anything like that, and then she was just and then I think there was just something that said she would like meet me. And then I waited for like five minutes, called her no response, and then I just took it, and I felt kind of bad after, But I don't know, what do you think?
Speaker 1: Do you think I was in the right, you waited how long?
Speaker 3: Like five minutes, five, ten minutes? I called her like three or four times? Send her messages? Oh now.
Speaker 1: Eat that ship? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, she knew she had. Well, you called her four times, you waited five minutes, you waited five minutes. You're now on the clock, correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so so.
Speaker 1: So she's kind of wasted your time from all the other artists you could be getting. You know, I think you're fine. Did she did she like angrily call you or text you?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Saying that text me?
Speaker 3: She did text me after she was like, uh, probably like ten Actually how long? How much longer? It's like like probably like twenty thirty minutes later, I was with my girlfriend and yeah, she just uh, she just told me what did she text me? Did you?
Speaker 2: She was like, hey, where did you leave it? Where did Yeah?
Speaker 3: She was asking me where I left it? Because I took like a fake This is where I was kind of malicious. I took a fake picture of it because door dash makes you take a picture of the order, like in front of the building, So I kind of set it in front of the building. I took a picture of it, and then I kind of swooped it, so that maybe that's where I felt the guilt. What do you think about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't mention that whole part. That's a whole different.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe maybe I should have mentioned that that's true. Yeah, well what context does that at?
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm?
Speaker 1: Well I here. Here's the thing is why you you you absolutely gasolate this poor woman woman into thinking that. I mean, she must have been looking around for at for like a good half hour of where the fuck this food was? No, that's true.
Speaker 3: It's a little fucked up. It's a little fucked up that she left me like waiting there.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, but you didn't know. Well, but you could have just you could have just left the fucking food and left.
Speaker 3: My horny as is hunger, dude.
Speaker 1: Your horny ass is hungry, dude.
Speaker 3: It's no good.
Speaker 1: What does you being a horny have to do with this.
Speaker 3: Horny for the pizza?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Something about it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I told them to ask you, what's your girlfriend's whole she's like codashing with you, Yeah she was.
Speaker 3: She was just with me. We're making we needed some extra money, so we were door dashing.
Speaker 1: Do you guys split the money or is it just what's the deal there? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, right now we're like building out of van, so we needed we're like full time doing that. I'm a flight attendant full time, but I've been like I basically haven't been doing that for the past couple of months.
Speaker 1: I mean if it's a great way to it's very funny because like stealing food as a door dasher is way cheaper than actually going buying food.
Speaker 3: Correct, it's a great It's kind of a life hack.
Speaker 1: You know. Wait, that's the stupid that's the stupidest thing I think I've ever said on this show. Stealing anything is always cheaper than buying it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 3: I mean it's a great life Like, stealing is great.
Speaker 1: What else have you stolen? What else do you steal?
Speaker 3: What have what have we stolen before? What have we just like screw some stuff from home depot?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What have we stolen from? Like targets?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Atle liquor off planes and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like that could get you into some ship.
Speaker 5: Is that not?
Speaker 1: Is that not a ground? Is that not grounds for like losing your job?
Speaker 3: Definite grounds for firing. They like it's like a whole thing when you like drink on your overnight, like when you when you're at the hotel, you gotta like hide the where you like throw away the liquor you got because they like did coordinate with the housekeeping staff, so you have to, like there's like trash cans by the elevators, you gonna throw them away. By what compelled you?
Speaker 1: What compelled you to steal this woman's food?
Speaker 3: I told I was hungry. It smelled really good. It was really really good. It was like I think it was like a hot honey pizza. It was like this honey that had like this I don't know, I've had it before, and it was tasty.
Speaker 2: It was really fucking good.
Speaker 1: Do you regret it.
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Well, now I'm talking through it with you, like remembering how good the pizza was. I it was just so good and there wasn't that much backlash for it. I don't think I got like a bad review or anything.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think in the end, I don't regret it.
Speaker 1: It does sound I don't know how you putting honey on the pizza.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like it was you gotta try Have you tried it? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually have. I have this guy, professor Pizza who makes pizzas professor the pizza professor, the professor Pizza.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you go to college for that.
Speaker 1: Well listen, Daniel, if you don't regret it, then it sounds like you're absolved.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 5: So I'm good.
Speaker 1: With who.
Speaker 3: I guess myself.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't. I cannot. I cannot answer the question of whether or not you're good with yourself.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fair, that's fair.
Speaker 1: Where do I get? Where can I get? Where can I get this honey pizza? This sounds really good? Uh?
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 3: It was like a place called like fly By.
Speaker 1: But well, you know what I think, you know what I think I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: If I do ever go to fly By to get the pizza, I know for sure that I'm going to pick it up myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't or I mean at least like be there when the door dasher comes.
Speaker 1: You know, I have some respects, you know, Daniel's anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 3: No, not really.
Speaker 1: Ghak bless you, sir, Thank you, gak bless you.
Speaker 3: I have a great night.
Speaker 1: Fuck. That actually sounds really good. Hi there, Hi?
Speaker 5: Who is this is ar? What's up?
Speaker 1: Arrow? Like a bow and arrow?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ah, what's your life like? Arrow? It's pretty chill, honestly, Okay, what's chill about? I?
Speaker 5: I work where I live. I guess.
Speaker 6: It's like I'm like, yeah, yeah, so like I'm like the maintenance guy at this apartment complex and I also live there.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, are you do all of the members of the apartment complex know you by name and wave to you friendly as they pass.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, like all the old ladies and stuff. And we have like some people that have lived here for a while and they know me, but like we have a lot of new residents too.
Speaker 1: Tell me these old ladies, Do you have a favorite one? Do you have a favorite old one?
Speaker 6: I turn not to have favorites, but I do have a disfavorite one.
Speaker 5: So I don't know. Maybe that's backwards, but I do hate one of them fussy.
Speaker 6: She's like very fussy, you know, And like, I don't know, maybe maybe I shouldn't be complaining about old ladies.
Speaker 1: But let's dive into I'm very curious about all the and you don't be afraid. Let's explore this. Why initially do you feel as though you hate? Tell tell me, tell me about this old lady that you that you imagined when you imagine the old lady that.
Speaker 5: You hate, she's just like, uh like, uh, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Maybe she's like she's really religious, you know, and I don't like we don't like agree with that, you know, like I don't like really like religious.
Speaker 5: People in general.
Speaker 6: And uh, she but she's cool, you know, she's like she's really nice to your face and stuff. But then she's like she she complains about things that aren't there, you know, like she's all like, my, my events need to be cleaned out. And then we go there and we clean out our events and she was like you didn't do it like the right job or whatever, you know. And then we have this one window guy come in and he replaced the windows and he was like, oh, that one lady, I like, she has like a reputation around for like being a difficult lady.
Speaker 5: I guess, okay with this window guy.
Speaker 1: You know, so what is she Buddhist?
Speaker 5: No, she's just like super Christian.
Speaker 1: It's never right. I don't know why, but it's that it's always always the old lady the religious old lady is always is always Christian Jewish or maybe sometimes but never, I feel like usually Catholic Christian.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 6: I think I feel like old Jewish ladies are cool.
Speaker 1: Old Jewish ladies, Jewish ladies in my life who have been very cool. My mother is years old, but she's a Jewish lady and she's cool. And one day that is how I will end up as an old Jewish lady.
Speaker 5: You're going to be a Jewish old lady. I thought you'd be a Jewish gad.
Speaker 1: A'll be some bastard combination of the two. Okay, what now you this old lady, Okay, this old lady has a reputation. A lot of people have problems with this old lady, yourself included.
Speaker 5: M hm.
Speaker 1: But as yet, when I gave you the opportunity to talk about this old lady, you you you said, you know what I shouldn't I shouldn't talk bad about this old lady. What made you feel like you should not talk bad about this old lady?
Speaker 6: Like she like she's like she's good, you know, like if I think about it, for for like introspectively, I'm like, she's really just wanting like a good place to live, you know, and she's like disabled, Well she's not disabled, she like walks around and all that, but she's like on all that disabled stuff. So she like gets her like mules delivered and somebody drives her around.
Speaker 1: So like, I don't know what you mean by she's on all that disabled stuff.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Like uh, like.
Speaker 6: She gets meals delivered to her, and somebody who bully picks her up from church and like brings her back and forth from church, and she gets like a like a rental discount and stuff like that, and she gets like money from the state and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, and these are all reasons why you don't like her.
Speaker 6: No, No, it's just that's just what she's got going on.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like this, So this is this is tell me why I don't like her. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: She's just fussy.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, like when I ever have to go and do something like work on something in her apartment, it's always like can you do it like this?
Speaker 5: Can you do it like that?
Speaker 6: And like this one for example, this one time I had to install an outlet and she was like can Like I'm pretty young too, so she was like, do you think we need to get electrician out here, And I was like, we don't need to get electrician out here. I can install this outlet.
Speaker 5: Like it was kind of.
Speaker 6: Insulting a little bit, like she was questioning my my professional capabilities.
Speaker 1: Sure, well I wouldn't be insulted because you can do it better than her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that's fair.
Speaker 6: Might maybe I was having the trouble trouble with that outlet too. You know, you didn't say that for no reason.
Speaker 1: But I was like, right right, she she, she was probably right. You probably couldn't do it. I probably needed to clean electrician, But that doesn't make you, uh, you know, a piece of ship. It just means you couldn't install this outlets. And that was what needed that. That was what needed to be done. The ego had to be sacrificed, uh to achieve the common goal of having the outlet fixed.
Speaker 5: I do have an ego problem. So you know you're good at this get job.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you, tell me, tell me more about this this ego problem if you desire to.
Speaker 6: Just uh, like, I think I'm the best, you know, like, uh like I got like uh, I tell people all the time, I only have one set of wisdom teeth that makes me like the next like evolved thing, you know, but it's really it's really just like b Yes, I also tell everybody like I could probably fight a bear if I wanted to and like come out on the top.
Speaker 5: But like I know that that's yeah too.
Speaker 1: Do you really believe that?
Speaker 6: Oh no, probably not, but I would like to try, just just because that you can go, you know, just like I'm just like talking ship.
Speaker 1: Does your ego ever get you into trouble?
Speaker 6: Yeah, dude, but you got You have a lot of people on your on your show talking about relationships stuff, so.
Speaker 1: We can I feel like, well, listen, we talked about a lot of stuff, and I'm curious about you as a person. So if if the answer to this question involves something with a relationship, you can feel free to talk about it.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, no, I'll talk about it. I just like I thought, like, uh, that I could do better than this one chick that I that I was dating, and that turns out like I really liked her, you know, and she was awesome, and I should have just like then checked the ego, you know, and then like it's not about doing better, it's about just being happy where you are, you know, like that kind of philosophy stuff like of just like like just being comfortable with where you're at, not being like, oh I can do better, And I'm not not that wanting better is wrong, but like thinking that of other people is.
Speaker 5: Wrong, you know.
Speaker 1: M hm uh? How when did you break up with this girl?
Speaker 5: A couple of years ago?
Speaker 6: And I'm still hung up about it just because yesterday was Valentine's Day two?
Speaker 1: You know, how long did it take for you to come to the realization that you've just told me?
Speaker 5: Like probably a million years?
Speaker 1: You said it took a million years.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, it took a way longer than I should have you know, be okay.
Speaker 5: With it, But you know that's whatever.
Speaker 1: Well. I have a few thoughts about this. One is your You're probably the reason I don't talk about you met. You kind of brought up this relationship thing sparingly with this, maybe this idea that I didn't want to talk about it. I think the reason why I don't talk about relationship stuff that often is because it's so complicated and I don't have my own wits about it either. But this as an overall philosophical concept, this idea that you thought you could do better, so you you gave up what was directly in front of you to search for something else, and then realized that you might have been better off actually fully investing yourself into what was in front of you instead of searching for the the greener grass. That's kind of the that's kind of what we're talking about.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, like that one quote from the Office, I wish you would know you were in the in like the greet the good times, when you're in the good times or whatever something like that.
Speaker 1: I was, I literally was just talking to somebody about about the ending of the office. Yeah, because it's about this. Well, here's what I'll say. You seem like a self aware guy. I hope you're not beating yourself up about this because this is as valuable information to have. You said, you're a young guy. You are, you know, this is a valuable information to have and apply to your life because I agree with it so much. It's the only thing. There's no there's you. There's never there's never anything better than what is. You know, I'm not going to say this never any better, but you there's a lot that's in front of you to be appreciated and valued, and you can lose sight of that when you, you know, quote think you can do better. Yeah, so look moving forward, but go ahead moving forward? For you, Well, how do you feel like you want to apply this epiphany to your life?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 6: Like I find myself whenever I'm in conversation talking about myself a lot, you know, and I have to like kind of like like check that and trying to like, uh be interested in other people, you know, and uh like what with like like I find it hard to ask them, like to be interested and ask questions about them, you know, like I be like, oh bye, I just kind of find myself dozing off, you know, like I don't really care. It's not about me, So I don't really care, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, hm hmm. Have you always been like this?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 1: Why do you think you're like this? Uh?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm just like I've always been in my own head, you know, just like when I was a kid, I would like just kind of like just like play about myself. You know, I had friends and stuff, like I would hang out with people, but I would always like kind of like a loaner. And I'm a loaner today too. So I'm just I'm like, I'm like very self aware. I'm very constantly like like yeah, like there's like this one philosophy thing where it's like if you're a machine and you spend too much energy like looking at yourself, then you're you're spending too much. You're not spending enough energy doing things or being productive. You know, you're spending all that energy like constantly checking yourself like am I doing this right? Am I doing that right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, Well you don't matter cosmically, which is great news, because wouldn't that be stressful if you did?
Speaker 6: It would be Honestly, I'm not I'm not not the best at thinks, so we would all be doing.
Speaker 3: Hm hm.
Speaker 5: Hmm.
Speaker 1: What's your name? Aero?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that's my real name too, And that's not like a fake. I don't know, maybe I shouldn't give that out, but like so it's okay, like.
Speaker 2: Like shout out, shout out all the arrows out there.
Speaker 1: You know, they appreciate the shout out. Uh er, I'm gonna say a couple of things before we go. You're clearly very self aware, and I think it's a powerful tool, and I I think I don't know, I feel like anything I would say to you you already know, but I think that you're potentially closing yourself off to a lot of life. That's kind of what ego does. Is it is it is it narrows because right now you're the because the scope of life is everyone and everything, and and then your ego is limiting that infinite scope to just you. And that's, you know, a narrow scope to live in. And so I think you understand that you'd be happier if you widened that scope a little bit. Look the old lady in the eye and really think about how much you love her.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I even kind of goes back to that old lady. You were saying something earlier like yeah, I don't know, I forgotten.
Speaker 1: Next time an old Next time an old lady is really pissing you off, Just look at her in the eye and think about how much you love her arrow.
Speaker 5: Ah, well love her?
Speaker 1: How Just think about how much you love this sweet old lady. She's a cosmic miracle of the universe, and you have the honor of helping her fix this fucking outlet.
Speaker 5: Hey, cat.
Speaker 1: Er, is anything else you want to say? The computer before we go.
Speaker 5: I'm going to the Hawaii show.
Speaker 6: So I'll see you there.
Speaker 1: You're going to the Hawaii show. It says here you live in fucking Arizona.
Speaker 6: What do the songs this guy's popular I'm talking to Yeah. The Tucson show was like like sold out, and I wanted that exclusive merch, so I was like, screw it, I'm going Hawaii. I need a vacation from all these old ladies.
Speaker 1: Okay, man, well, i'll see you there. We'll please, we'll come up, come up on stage. We'll talk more about this.
Speaker 5: Heck, yes, I good man.
Speaker 1: All right, man, I'll talk to you. Thanks for calling Arrow.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hi, Okay, Lyle.
Speaker 1: What's up hanging in there? How are you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm doing all right?
Speaker 1: Uh, what's up, Caleb? What do you want to talk about tonight?
Speaker 4: So this might sound kind of trivial or dumb, but pretty much what's going on is I've got a discord group that I play games with about three or four times a week after work. And we've been doing this for the past I would say three years, and I would say we're all pretty good, pretty good friends with each other. One of these friends decided to try out youtubeing on Twitch maybe three or four months ago, and we've all been very supportive of her, and she's been doing pretty well, I would say, with them. The past month, she's gotten to around one hundred and fifty followers on Twitch, and this weekend she did a bunch of back to back collapse with a bunch of other YouTubers and she's met working and she's made I would say, like six or seven other YouTubers that she's now friends with. And it's the most recent stream, which is actually just a few moments ago. She put in the chat the discord link for the YouTuber these discord and I joined, but then she cut the stream short, says she had a stomach ache, and then pretty much sent me a message saying, hey, you know, my YouTuber friends get kind of unhinged, is what she put it. And I don't. And you know, she's like, I don't necessarily want people I know to see the things they say and stuff like that. And I told her I respect that, and I told her I felt left out, but you know, I'm an adult and whatever. So I left the discord. But I don't know, I feel jealous if I feel like a friend I've known for three years. Is I don't know, it's maybe it's the whole weekend of back to back CoABS, so it's normally that during the weekends we always get together as a group of play games. Ah, but yeah, it's I felt kind of insulted and like like I couldn't handle you know, strangers on the internet making that I guess dirty jokes or whatever, and I kind of cut off from that, and uh, it kind of stuck a little because you know, we were all supportive and I was supportive, but I don't know. So that's that's why I'm here to ventive out.
Speaker 1: And you know, a discord of YouTubers has got to be the easiest community to sneak into anonymously because you can just you know, it wouldn't you could You can just like pretend that you're you can just pretend like you're a dog and like make your voice a little bit higher and then you're a different guy.
Speaker 4: I you know, I did think about that, I'll be honest, but I feel like that would end up being that's not really honoring their Oh.
Speaker 1: No, you totally should not do that. Uh okay, So so all right, you were friends with this person for three years, they got into this v tuber lifestyle and you feel as though you have been left out now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and uh I guess I'm yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So does your do you and your friends still play games together or has she totally left that group as well?
Speaker 4: Uh, well, that's what we're going to find out. I'm sure we will, and I don't see any reason why we won't. It's just this.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: I think it's just the way things were scheduled. But the collab she did it just it made it feel very much in the face of like, it's just okay. Time would normally you know, hey, you know, let's see some gaming, and now she's streaming with other people and it's probably not as bad as it is. It just it feels very in my face and like, well, I don't know, it feels like can I who knows?
Speaker 3: Can?
Speaker 1: I want to flow. I want to float a few ideas by you and you can tell me how you feel about them.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 1: Look, your friend has this whole other group of friends now with her in her v tuber club, and she wants to explore that, and uh, you know, maybe have that separate from other groups of friends that she has and if that's what she desires, you gotta you gotta let her do that. You know, I think to to to be upset or get jealous is you know, becomes possessive and uh, you that's the that's just that's just toxic poison for relationships, possessiveness and jealousy. And so I think you should let her go do her YouTuber thing. And if she decides that she wants to come back to the group open and play video games with you guys, and that's awesome. And if she does decides that she doesn't, then you know, then okay, you you you have to just let her do whatever she's gonna do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and who knows she may come back. But you're right, You're right. It is a possessive It is toxic, and uh but I just I do feel that way, and it's I'm not really sure how to to help counter that emotion.
Speaker 1: Or you could make a super hot anime guy avatar, buy a voice changer to make your voice sound like uh, gravelly and sexy, and you know, become the most popular guy in the YouTuber group and you know, get her back there.
Speaker 4: Uh that's something all of advice now he isn't a relationship. It was also in the front group, so it's it would never be anything like that. But but yeah, maybe if I become a YouTuber.
Speaker 1: I do I do I count as av tuber because I'm I'm I'm like, I'm somewhat halfway in between because I'm not myself when I am a creature thing. So I feel like I'm I'm zero point five of av tuber.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll be honest, I have not looked up the the official definition of a v tuber?
Speaker 1: Uh, Caleb, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess, uh. You know, if people want separate space, you know you gotta respect it, and you know, don't be toxic and instead just spent your emotions too listens on the internet.
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling, Caleb. You have a good rest of the night. Yeah, I understand. I understand the morning because he feels like he's losing his friend to this other group, but you have no idea. It also sounds like this feedtober thing is a very recent thing for her, so who knows how to'll play out. But in the meantime, you know, just hang out and play games with whoever's still in the discord. You know, don't don't forget about those foo, don't. We're we're so busy focusing on those who leave that we forget about those who stayed. Caleb, focus on those who stayed.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Hi, how's it going?
Speaker 1: You tell me? How's it going with you?
Speaker 2: It's it's going good, it's going good.
Speaker 1: Uh, what do you want to talk about today?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I'm actually getting circumcised.
Speaker 5: In a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: You're getting circumcised.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought that usually happens when you're a child.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, no, not for me though, not for me.
Speaker 1: Why have you decided to get circumcised so late in your life?
Speaker 2: Because it's just, uh, it doesn't make sense very comfortable at least for me personally.
Speaker 1: Having a foreskin.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it usually does apparently, but for me it's not like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, how does one go about getting circumcised as an adult?
Speaker 2: Like, like, what's like the process?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Well, uh, you just go like you're like your local urology place and they usually check you out.
Speaker 4: And I didn't have to.
Speaker 5: It wasn't like mandatory.
Speaker 2: It's more like a personal choice. But yeah, they just uh, they check out your penis and they let you know what's going on, and then you just get ready for a surgery.
Speaker 1: I would be concerned for you if this was mandatory.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 2: That is the thing though, and I was worried that I had that. It's it's called semosis. It's where like your your foreskin can get trapped behind the head and kind of like cut circulation.
Speaker 1: Really, so like your foreskin works like a rubber band on your penis and you have to cut it off. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and so I kind of had that and it felt kind of uncomfortable and I was like, oh, fuck, Like it's just like it's just like because it can get like stuck back. Luckily it didn't get stuck for me, but it was just it was a little freaky.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is that factor into the reason why you decide to get circumcised.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's kind of a hassle and I just I'd rather just be cut, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how does this work? Did they put you under anesthesia?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'll be I'll be knocked out, thank god.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I mean okay, So so the way I'm kind of processing this is like it's kind of just gonna be like hell for a month and then it'll be like and then I'll be like worry free and I'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Why will it help?
Speaker 2: They because you have like stitches in your dick and you can't get erections.
Speaker 1: You can't get directions, So like, wait a minute, So is it like if you get stitches? So is it like if you do get an erection, the stitches will break?
Speaker 2: I think so, I think it's something like that. I just well, so I've done some research though and getting getting voters like it doesn't.
Speaker 5: It doesn't.
Speaker 2: It's not like it'll fuck up your dick.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 2: It actually like helps the healing process apparently, but it's just like really painful.
Speaker 1: So getting erections helps the healing process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's what I ran online. I can't even totally remember how that's possible.
Speaker 1: But yeah, are you planning to stay clear of any sort of sexual things that might give you an erection so that you don't pop your stitches?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna have to just probably like delete social media for a bit to just avoid any like any of that, okay, like first traps or anything, and I'm just gonna I'm gonna do my best, but we'll we'll see how that goes. Yeah, because I usually just like I'll just wake up with an interaction, you know, So I'm worried that's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: What are you most looking forward to in your new life as a circumcised man?
Speaker 2: Probably like not being like because like it made me like nervous to have sex because it was just uncomfortable, you know, And to be free of that is gonna be It's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 1: Are you Jewish?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not Jewish.
Speaker 1: I wish interesting you can pass for Jewish now for I don't know how that is if there's a situation there. Usually throughout history there have not been many situations where passing as Jewish has been beneficial. But who knows about the future. Now you have that option.
Speaker 2: Yeah's true, true. Yeah, I was thinking about it. I was thinking so before I even like considered getting circumcised, I was like, damn, like I just I'm just I can't be Jewish. But now now it will be an option.
Speaker 1: You were thinking about the fact that you can't be Jewish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, do you have to get circumcised to be Jewish?
Speaker 1: Clue? Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go? No, No, thank you, Hey, take care.
Speaker 5: You too.
Speaker 1: I'm uncertain. I am circumcised. I am circumcised. I was circumcised when I was a child. And I remember the first time that I saw an uncircumcised penis while watching pornography, and it scared the shit out of me because I was like, I didn't know that that went up that far. It looked like the Alaskan bullworm from SpongeBob. I thought there was something wrong with that guy's penis. But it turns out there was something wrong with mine.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: But now I'm happily, happily circumcised. Uh does it make sex better?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't have a I don't have a a reference to compare it to. Now, that would be an interesting thing, if you could uncircumcise yourself. If they could somehow graph on the foreskin of another guy onto my penis. Someone look at into this for me. It'sell me if it's possible. Hello, Hello, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good.
Speaker 1: What's going on.
Speaker 5: I'm just you know, I'm just chilling. I'm having a drink in the vibing. How about yourself, I'm chilling.
Speaker 1: I'm talking to people on the computer as a get go.
Speaker 5: Dude, you sound very different. I know, like everybody says this, but you sound very different and than you do on the streams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard everyone says it.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah.
Speaker 1: So Elijah, what's going on with you today? How can I get you? What's going on? How's life?
Speaker 5: Uh? Yeah, Like I said, I'm just kind of over here vibing and uh kind of wanted to talk about my experience being and openly uh weird person while in the Armed Forces.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, what how how long have you been in the Armed Forces for?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I mean I I just got out three and a half years. It was my time.
Speaker 1: It's funny. Uh, I've told I talked to people in the military and some of them are like, oh, this was this was like the best thing I've ever done. And then other people are like, oh this is.
Speaker 5: You know, uh.
Speaker 1: It was a terrible decision. So it always feel like it, uh get I get kind of varied opinions on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean the thing about the military is it's basically like a capitalist cult. It's hard to describe it. But uh, but yeah, I don't regret joining. I'm glad that I did it. But it's very much you're you're selling your body to the government.
Speaker 1: So yeah, So what you said you wanted to talk about being openly gay in the military.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm bisexual to be specific. But yeah, it's a very weird thing being around.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I'm a little nervous. I just.
Speaker 1: Okay, man, Well listen to me. Are you're not looking at the chat, are you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, okay, Well, don't look at the chat. Don't be nervous. It's just you and me talking about about about Yeah you want to talk about we can. We can. We don't even have to talk for long. If you don't want to talk for long, we don't have to even talk about it, you know, whatever. Whatever you're feeling, man, it's all right. We're just we're just chilling out on the phone. Listen, So tell me that. So, so, you obviously felt like this affected you enough you you were compelled enough to haul in about it, you know, tell me about kind of the ways that that that this you know, impacted you, your your experience.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's I feel like it's just more of like a it's the dissonance between I feel queer culture and the culture of the military, or or the kind of because I feel like the military attracts a very specific type of person, and I feel it's like I feel like it's a lot of conservative men and a lot of yeah, a lot of a lot of aggressively I kind of use the term of the call screener, a lot of aggressively straight men, just like the kind of like if you would insinuate that they might have some form of queer meaning, then they almost get insulted, uh, in a weird way. I don't know if you're interacted with that kind of person, but uh, it's a strange experience. I'll say that. I'll say that, so or was.
Speaker 1: Anyone ever like directly hostile toward you?
Speaker 5: No, not directly, Okay, I think a lot of it just just I mean, I mean, there's like one instance where somebody outright that used the f splay towards me. Uh, I mean, but that was in a very specific circumstance that I that I don't feel always accurate to say is described it. It was an exception to the rule moreover.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so they used it.
Speaker 4: There's been a lot of reform.
Speaker 5: There's been a lot of reform in the military to do a lot to you know, equal opportunity programs have been implemented. There's been a lot of progress made.
Speaker 1: Okay, So they used it, but in a in a way that you personally would not have described as hostile.
Speaker 5: No, it was like it was definitely hostile, but that it was a person that is not indicative of the majority of members of the art service.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So you you you do feel like, I mean overall that do you do you feel that overall the the system itself, you know, is has as you said, cleaned up its act to be uh, you know, less hostile toward toward uh queer people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the system itself has. It's just there's a lot of cultural problems that still need that are still it's it's a big machine, so it takes a long time to fix it.
Speaker 1: What made you want to take.
Speaker 5: To be quite honest, it's weird because I still kind of don't know. I kind of like dropped out of college and didn't know what else to do, and so I just kind of went with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're twenty two. Yes, all right, So how much more service do you have to do?
Speaker 5: I actually I recently separated. I left to the military the June of this year or this last year.
Speaker 1: So what do you want to do now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I'm looking to eventually go into the music industry. Kind of fancy myself a bit of a songwriter. I haven't, you know, released anything yet. I'm kind of just struggling with a finding my way in finding my own personal method of artistic expression.
Speaker 1: M mm hmm hmm. So I I do want to ask, uh, were there any positives that you gained from the military or anything that you're taking with you that was good for your life, for a good experience or anything like that.
Speaker 5: I'd say it's the ability to see, the ability to see the kind of like to to exist in a environ an environment that is adverse to you, I would say, huh.
Speaker 1: And by okay, so you mentioned like people you use the term aggressively straight and you felt as though that was the environment.
Speaker 5: Yes, to a large part. The thing about the military currently is specifically with the Army, is there's this weird disease going on between what is called old Army and New Army. Old army being the kind of people that are like, uh, old, are we just being like the kind of people that like that served in dig it storms. Shut the shut the fuck up, private, do what you're told, you know, and you know there there's a lot of hazing that happened in the old army straight up, and those people don't really believe that that was too far from what ought to be happening. And uh, the the the environment that's that the leadership and in the army currently is trying to foster the new Army. You know that it's it's a little bit it's it's it's more progressive, and it's trying to root out a lot of the problems that the old army had, you know. Yeah, so it's a weird thing going on right now.
Speaker 1: So you were like, these these guys that you were talking about, would you would you consider them, I guess part of old army.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, a lot of those old Army guys. And unfortunately old Army they've been they've been in for a while, so they've gotten rank and they're they're in the leadership now. So it's it's a weird thing where you're trying to plush those guys out of the leadership, and that that by nature unlets you take a lot of direct action is going to happen gradually.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you felt as though the environment was adverse for you, I mean, were there did you make how tell me again how long you were in the army for I'm sorry, I forgot.
Speaker 5: Three and a half years contract.
Speaker 1: I mean in those three and a half years, did you meet anyone at all though you did connect with or even who you felt very different from but could connect with any way, or or have any experiences like that were Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: Like I said, the military has done a lot of work to try to uh, to try to foster an environment of a more inclusive environment recently granted said to but yeah, I knew several people that were I've met some of my best friends in the world. And while I served, one of my best homies ever, Like I won't say his name, but I met him in the military and we're tight to this day. We still talk. And Yeah, a lot of a lot of good friends and a lot of it's with the shared adversity that comes with military.
Speaker 1: Experience, right, you know, yes, yeah, no, getting. I think suffering together definitely brings people closer. Yeah, well, you know, I guess the reason I'm asking you these kinds of questions is because, you know, I mean, look, you you gave you know, three and a half years of your life to this thing. I assume that even though it was difficult, that there's got to be some you know, just for your own personal sake, positive things to take away from it as you move forward.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, for sure. I was actually telling him buddy about I'm not about this recently. One of my favorite memories in my life came from when I was at so like every like a few years, they make us go to Fort Irwin and do our training for deployment. And my particular job requires me to be up on like a hill some form of elevation.
Speaker 3: Where I can observe where the.
Speaker 5: Enemy is at and provide targeting data. So I remember, it's like I want to say, like midnight or something near at Ark thirty and my leadership knocks on the where the strikers are like, hey, fos, that's my job.
Speaker 3: I'm an fo or.
Speaker 5: I was an NFL. I was a fister, but not an fo that is it's a k fisteries. You're going out to the op Wa. It's how at night and in the desert in California, it gets pretty cold, Like it is not a fun experience, and I did not bring enough sleeping gear with me. But I remember having that experience, like sleeping on this rocky mountain, this rocky ass mountain in the cold, and then I look up and there's like zero light pollution out there, and I just remember seeing the stars and just being like I've never I've never I've never felt as lucky to be alive as I have in that moment. Like just it's something about seeing the stars, reality, acknowledging the reality and the absurdness of the world around me, and the and the I don't know something about that experience. It was just so surreal and I just felt like so lucky in the experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I guess that's that's you know, it gets you outside. See, that's one of the great things about being in the military is it gets you out of the house.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm, yeah, yeah, it'll definitely do that.
Speaker 1: Huh. Well, I'm glad that you got something out of out of the experience and I'm sorry if you felt like it was hostile for you, but you know, okay, So I will say this before we go. When I asked you what the most positive thing you got out of it was, and you said that that the the adversity was the positive thing you got out of it because you learned how to be in a place with people who are different from you or you know, who might have been not great to you. And there's a lot of value in that. You know, it's probably not an environment you want to spend your whole life in, but it's a good to have that skill of knowing how to maneuver through that kind of a thing, you know, if it ever visits upon you again, or you can.
Speaker 5: One more time freez I.
Speaker 1: Elijah. Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go? Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just appreciate appreciate you Lyle for running this. Yeah. I really enjoyed the funk out of your streams. Uh, make work in the nine to five a little bit more bearable, and all of you people out there, you're beautiful and keep keep living your best life. Man, don't let anybody tell you to be different than who you are.
Speaker 1: Thank you Elijah, you take care of Jack.
Speaker 5: Bless you, Bud.
Speaker 1: I've thought about joining the military before, but then I didn't. On the line, an expert