Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Find your local station for Covino Rich.
Speaker 1: At Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: It's like searching FSR.
Speaker 3: Yeah, buddy.
Speaker 1: Also the CNR Showgram broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Ever wanted a tryin Olympic and Paralympic sport, try fencing. Don't tell me what to do. It's fast, safe, easy to start.
Speaker 2: So get at it.
Speaker 1: Find a beginner class near you at USA Fencing dot org slash try Fencing. That's USA Fencing dot Org slash try Fencing. It's back to school week, Thornton mellon style. Hope the kiddos are having a good one. I think you're gonna say, Billy Madison style, back to school. It's NFL Eve, and I am Steve, and that is Rich and we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Let's go. And by the way.
Speaker 1: Out here in the mean streets of LA. Kids started at school a few weeks ago. So today was picture day and you just hope that your kid's picture comes out okay, And sure enough, I have a pain in the ass teenage daughter. She already hit me up with I hate my picture. I'm like, you got it already. That's what you look like, buddy. I just don't understand in the world of digital photos, how about you get one that looks okay? Aren't we paying for this crap? So now I got to deal with that attitude when I get home. I hope your night is better this Cavino and Rich and I hope your Yankees loose. So oh, by the way, Rich and I have a bet, right, we've been talking about it. Whoever's going to have the better record wins one thousand dollars feeling rets not feeling good about it. But do you remember the inside Yankees bet between Aaron Judge and Jazz Chisholm. We talked about it briefly. I thought it was fun. They made like a friendly bet with each other. Oh, I know the bet they made, but you probably talk about mostly on your corny Yankee chat you probably have going on. No, but the bet was, now who has more home runs? Who has more home runs than stolen bases combined? You remember that. Because Chisholm was like, that should be the stat. It should be a stat home runs and stolen bases combined. He said, if thirty thirty and forty forty matters so much, that should be a stat. Okay, So where are they at right now? I looked it up because Chishom hit two bombs last night. He's winning fifty four to fifty two. So Aaron Judge has give me those numbers again, fifty four to fifty two.
Speaker 2: Ugus Won Soto has sixty four combined.
Speaker 1: Just just say, you know, just let you know, you know, all right, thank you, Donald Truce.
Speaker 4: If Otani wasn't pitching this season, he'd have a yall blown out the water.
Speaker 2: Great. No, But I looked it up because I was curious.
Speaker 1: I was like, what was that bet at Lon Soto's got twenty seven stolen bases and thirty seven home runs. Chishom's gonna end up thirty thirty probably, So he's at twenty eight home runs and twenty six stolen bases. In Judge is at forty three home runs, and whereas he like nine stolen bases. So again Jazz is in the lead, fifty four to fifty two. But anyway, Frank Franken's like getting a bed jump with three steps and judges at second.
Speaker 5: I think that.
Speaker 1: Should be a stat though, if we're gonna put emphasis on forty forty and fifty to fifty and thirty thirty.
Speaker 2: How does that not count? So anyway, then you know who would know who would have the highest total?
Speaker 6: Ever?
Speaker 2: Am I wrong by guessing?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Remember when Acuna did it? Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: He have like he had the forty home runs obviously, but then he like sixty seventy stolen bases that he might.
Speaker 2: Have the highest toll. That's kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know at fifty to fifty, right, so he had fifty to fifty Yeah, officially the first to do it. So just giving you the update there, big Yankees fan. Rich is a Mets guy, Danny g Dodgers Sam Sam?
Speaker 2: Who's your team? Baseball? Did you forget?
Speaker 7: Sorry?
Speaker 2: I was listening to something else? What was the it? Proclaimer?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's preparing Mike's words, preparing the words of wisdom from.
Speaker 8: My favorite baseball team. Let's say the creed I was. I grew up a Phillies fan. You know, nice all right? By the way they like the Dodgers too.
Speaker 1: I look at you when Otani went fifty to fifty, do you remember what his final numbers were, because I guarantee it wasn't one hundred and fourteen. That year, Ronald Acunya Junior, he hit forty one home runs and he had seventy three stone bases.
Speaker 6: I wonder if that's is that the right? I think about who has ever had a better most combined or that were forty forty? I would say most. I would find most combined has to be a Prisia junr No.
Speaker 9: And it's kind of a tricky thing. Ricky Henderson stole one hundred and thirty bases, one hundred and forty. But that's why I wanted to make sure, talking like forty forty guys who qualified him.
Speaker 1: I think, I think to make what Camino's saying, that's stat I think you have to go thirty thirty met fair twenty twenties mild. I think still solid though. I mean, yeah, Ricky hit the Ricky. The Ricky was just still the Ricky would get on base and steal two bases every time. Good call, dB, thank you for making us feel stupid.
Speaker 2: But no, no, no, but but him you I don't know.
Speaker 1: But if you're thinking of that home run stole base, because Ricky did hit ten twenty home runs in years, right, he hit some, he had some years. But I do think that if you say minimum thirty home runs like a guy that was in the thirty thirty club, No, I don't think anyone's touching a Kunya Junior with forty one and seventy three.
Speaker 2: He's had a year.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I hope your teams are winning.
Speaker 1: Every Wednesday, we do Midweek Major so we do that later on today the biggest stories in sports and pop culture. But we also do something called Mike's Wednesday Words of Wisdom. All you have to do is listen and repeat verbatim. Could I give you one fun fact in the in the vein of Dan Bayer when he just made me feel like a dunce ive your vein at this. I had a buddy give me a trivia question. This is one where you could absolutely trick anyone because it's like one of those semantic Okay, one of my softball buddy says a bit, You'll never guess what Major League baseball player in history has the most go ahead home runs in history, and the answer is Ricky Henderson because we can se has the most leadoff home runs. So start off anytime you start off a game. If he hit a home run one nothing, there's your go ahead home run. So that's like one of those like wan wah trivia questions. So who has the most go ahead home runs in history? The Ricky rest in peace? All right, you want to do this Mike's where it's a wisdom. Let's kick it.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's time for the guy that runs this place.
Speaker 9: Just for clarification, guys, Big Mike does not run this place. He is not in charge of everything. He has no power over really anybody here. He does not run this place.
Speaker 5: It's Big Mike's words of wisdom on a Wednesday.
Speaker 10: Healing is more about accepting pain and learning to coexist with it than it is about eliminating all suffering, which is impossible.
Speaker 2: Was was Mike on the turlet? When do you recorded that?
Speaker 11: One?
Speaker 7: Sounded like he was inside a coffin.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: That's some pretty stage advice though, I know, Wow, you know it's not. It's serious, Yeah, very serious.
Speaker 7: Definitely gonnahing.
Speaker 2: Nothing lighthearder to fun about that at all.
Speaker 4: Rich, I was gonna say, it was long too. We're gonna have to play it again. I think for a winner. All more time, Sam, one more time.
Speaker 7: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 10: Healing is more about accepting pain and learning to coexist with it than it is about eliminating all suffering, which is impossible.
Speaker 7: Mike was in the mood.
Speaker 1: I guess so if you could repeat that verbatim, we give you a bribery ball an NFL official NFL in their football CNR on FSR NERF football in the form of an IOU.
Speaker 2: Mike knows.
Speaker 1: This supposed to be like a light, fun game, right, Okay, let's get let's get the toes going. Two weeks ago, it's words of wisdom were like real fake booms can't be fake.
Speaker 2: If I could see.
Speaker 1: Him like, that was his words of wisdom two weeks ago, there's no limits on it, right, but.
Speaker 2: He went deep this.
Speaker 1: It was like Confucius, Hey, we're here to learn some stuff eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. If you could repeat it, you Enterprise eight seven to seven ninety nine on Fox. And while we get the phone calls going, yeah, let's talk about your boy who just became your boy? Today Novak Djokovic again, who had a big win at the US Open. He ended the US's dreams of moving forward and advancing right, Taylor Fritz, is.
Speaker 2: That the guy that lost? But Djokovic made a nice speech and he did a little dance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know what, it sort of hit me right here in the quotos on in the heart because he gave his daughter a shout out.
Speaker 2: Take a listen.
Speaker 12: It's twenty minutes to midnight here, tewod September. It's my daughter's birthday, so this is a big present for her. Actually, the dance in the end it was she's gonna rate me tomorrow. How was the dance because she told me how to dance. It's a K pop demon Hunters.
Speaker 2: Soda Pop is the name of the song.
Speaker 12: Obviously it's a big thing globally for teenagers and for kids. But I didn't know about it before. My daughter told me a few months ago about it. So we're at home doing different choreographies and this is one of them. So hopefully I'll make her smile when she wakes up tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: Your Mas Soda Pop, your massda Pop.
Speaker 2: I got an eight year old daughter. I get it.
Speaker 1: I coached girl softball. All they want to hear is K pop Demon Hunters. So to me, I listen, Novak Djokovic already a champion, but now I look at him as a guy that humanized himself.
Speaker 2: He's caring about doing dances with his daughter.
Speaker 1: His daughter, Tara Djokovic, who's eight years old and is a big fan of the demon Hunter thing everybody's talking about. By the way, if you're not living that life, that movie has broken all streaming records for Netflix. It's the most dream movie ever on Netflix. And it's really just a movie about K pop animated stars that have to fight demons.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous. But every week every kid loves that.
Speaker 1: I told you my first practice from my daughter's eight you girls softball team, and they were like coach Rich, Coach Rich the whole time at the bluetooth speaker. All they want to hear was on repeat, Demon Hunters, Demon Hunters. So when I see Novak Djokovic made you emotional, it.
Speaker 2: Made me emotional.
Speaker 1: I see him winning, you know, a big moment moving on in the US Open, and he's doing choreography that he's doing with his daughter and the living room. It was really endearing. Yeah, there you go. I was gonna say cute, but that wasn't the word, and it was. It was really endearing and nice to see. So the point here is if you weren't a fan before, you might be now because you don't see Djokovic to tennis player. You see Djokovic to dad. You see the person. You see this guy just trying to make his daughter happy and make his daughter smile, and that's a really nice thing and and that humanizes him and makes him more relatable. And that's what we're getting at now. And that's why Camino, that's why I will end up rooting for certain players. Sure it made me like him a lot more. Listen, dude, and I've never seen stupid K pop demon hunter. I live in the in the neighborhood next to his, but a lot of people you see Matthew Stafford out and about with his daughters, and you see clips of him and his daughters, you're like humanized him.
Speaker 2: I think of Drew Brees's like a subtle brag right there.
Speaker 1: If you live, if you live in my neighborhood, do you know that the Staffords are out and about all the time.
Speaker 2: Where do you live in the up with the Staffords. What do you live in the l a Broyeah? You don't live in Korea Town Pound?
Speaker 4: Who lives down the street. Who lives down the street from me? The black Ghostbuster?
Speaker 2: Ernie, Ernie Hudson, Ernie Hudson. Yeah, he's in great shape. He's one hundred and seventy five years old. You know, he's in great shape.
Speaker 10: Thing.
Speaker 1: I think of Drew Brees holding his son with the headphones when he won the Super Bowl, you know, say like, don't say things like that and on the radio because then the boss is never gonna give you a raise. Ah, you're right, I love uh Yeah, I live I live in a trailer Parks, right, So.
Speaker 7: That was so m lives in.
Speaker 1: I live in a van down Receeda with daniel Lewis's mom in a crappy apartment. I think about how shows like Receiver, shows like Quarterback NBA starting five, these these reality shows.
Speaker 2: Why do we all love Kirk Cousins? Now, why do you have a soft.
Speaker 1: Spot because he gets his haircut at great clips? Why do you have a soft spot for you know, justin Jefferson?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So basically we open it up to you Fox Sports Radio Nation eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. The moments that humanized somebody and made you a fan, made you like them more. Maybe you already were a fan, but you liked them even more because they were humanized in the moment. Tell us who it is and what the moment was. And of course we're still taking phone calls for Mike's Wednesday Words of Wisdom looking for a winner.
Speaker 4: Now, no, no, we're not taking calls. We first time ever Mike's been shut out. Really, yeah, the lines are usually melting during this game.
Speaker 2: Well, no one wanted to repeat that.
Speaker 7: And nobody could repeat it.
Speaker 1: Apparently everyone's getting it wrong, right I eight seven seven nine nine on Fox. Hey, prizes up for grabs, And of course we'll take your phone calls on those moments where a player, I'll give you on a celebrity doesn't have to be an athlete, it could be it's a simple one. I was always a fan. I'm not a Patriots fan, but I'm a fan of greatness. So I was like Tom Brady. I had a song and everything. Tom Brady is the man. Tom Brady is the man. But when I watched the documentary, I forget which one it was. It was probably the man in the arena, but it was when you saw his family just referring to him as little Tommy all the time, Like Tommy, they were so proud of Tommy. Yeah, Tommy and Tommy did this and Tommy was a good boy, and they were so proud of Tommy and my brother tom when they just referred to him as little Tommy. Yeah, and you realize that he was just a goofy kid that worked really hard and he may be a superstar in our eyes, in our mind, but to his family, he's just little Tommy and his dad is his hero. And I when they humanized him in a way, it made me like him more. You know, living out here in Los Angeles, I have a girlfriend, right of course I love her, but you know what I love her most when I see her with her family in Idaho, and I realized that, oh, yeah, she's a girl from Idaho who loves her family, and he humanizes them.
Speaker 2: Well, right.
Speaker 1: You know why this is interesting because I said this just the other day to you. When you see them in their real element as real people, not sports robots. I was telling you just the other day. Nolan McLain for the Mets is now four and oh, by the way, yeah, guy's got some moves. He's got some movement. The first game in the BIGS when I saw his parents in the stands, So the Mets had another pet debut tongue debut the other day. When you see the parents of a kid making his major league baseball debut. There's a famous clip of a Florida Marlin who hit his home run, his first home run, while his parents are being interviewed. This is a couple of years ago, and the dad's going nuts. It makes you feel some type of way because you're like, it humanizes them. You're like, oh wow, these are his parents who watch them more relatable, You're more invested as a result. And Rich is right, Djokovic, I know he's a tennis great, but that.
Speaker 2: Was his coolest moment. That was, by far as was the moment made me like him in a different way.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: You know what I did.
Speaker 1: I respected him as a as a tennis name and a guy who did great things in tennis. Now I actually like the guy because he was doing something cute. He's fun for his kid. He's not too cool to do a demon Hunter dance with his kids, so other humanizing moments. I did you mention it? I was looking at the phones and everything. Did you mention Drew Brees? Yeah, I said when his kid came out. But that's a I feel like a lot of times when you see when you see athletes, Oh you know what, I thought was cool? We pray too, when we see them with their family and everything. That's always nice. Every team does this, but you're only gonna know your own team doing this. But the Mets have a day every year where the kids of the players announced their dads in the lineup, like now batting my dad, Yeah, you know, number twelve, Francisco Lindor. And when you see the kids introducing their dad, you're like, yeah, they're just guys with kids.
Speaker 2: Anything that humanizes them.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know why this came to mind, but I remember thinking, oh, yeah, that's right. These are real people with real feelings. You know, we should treat him with a different level of understanding and grace and respect. When Wilmer Flores got traded from the Mets, remember like how he was.
Speaker 2: Just so upset.
Speaker 1: He was crying, crying and everything, and yeah, get it together, Bud. But still you're like, oh man, these people care.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: They got lives and stuff, and it means a lot when you humanizes them. And I always remember that, like there's there's a guy with.
Speaker 2: A big heart.
Speaker 1: You and Danny g love talking about Hard Knocks when you see a guy try to make the team and you're like, wow, look at how much this means to not only him but his family and everyone.
Speaker 2: Oh when you see those dudes praying every day.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, I think it feels more emotional for some reason when it's two athletes together having a moment like Aaron Rodgers and Randall Cobb.
Speaker 7: I was wowed off the field for the last time together.
Speaker 1: Remember, I think you see the more Hamlin because of what Rich was saying, Like that humanized that guy where the whole world is rooting for him. And now you see him on Hard Knocks and you know you see him praying every day, just grateful to be alive and on the team. So humanizing moments that really left an impression and change your opinions or maybe enhance your opinions on athletes eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox and right now we're going to see if we could get a winner for this game. You want to say, let's have a trip first, we'll talk about humanizing. Give these people another second to think about Mike's words of wisdom.
Speaker 2: What's up, trip, Hey.
Speaker 14: Great day as always?
Speaker 13: You know and Rich I got one.
Speaker 14: John Cena has done more Make a Wishes than in double than anybody combined. I mean, the time the gifts for kids is just unbelievable. Yeah, that's why I appreciate him.
Speaker 1: No, no doubt, for sure. See a lot of those stories. That does change your opinion for sure. Can I tell you I note this and you might say, really you take that close of a look.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: When they did like the Little League World Series game this year, they do when I see m they'll be all Star break. When we were in Atlanta, I pay attention to what athletes really dive into, like signing autographs and around with the kids. Because some people you can tell you like, look at this jerk, like he's he's sort of maybe doing it because he has to. But then you see other players that realize the impact they have on kids. Oh dude, that's the best. And those are the players I end up liking more for sure. To back up what Trip said, I've always been a Canelo Alvarez fan. I'm Team Canelo. Come September thirteenth, he takes on Crawford. I saw on ESPN. How's this segment they do where they find like the make a wish kid. Oh, one wish, yes, one way, I don't know, but they found this one kid with sister Fibrosia's fourteen year old kid who just wanted to be a fighter, and Canello welcomed him to his camp. I bought a Team Canelo hat that day, so like, man, I liked him before, but now my wish, my wish, that's it. I saw my wish segment and Canelo was like Rascal Flats. He was there for the kid and hyped them up, and like it wore my heart so much. I'm like, you know what, Yeah, he's a fighting robot, but he's still a dad. He still has a heart. He did this nice thing for a kid. He humanized and made me like him even more. All Right, you know what, I think it's time to try to get a winner for Big Mike's words of wisdom, and then we'll take more feedback on the UH on the subject at hand, humanizing athletes a'll uh. Novak Djokovic talking about how he's doing dances with his daughter to K pop demon Hunters like every other, like every other little kid. I'm telling you, love that it's gonna be the number one Halloween costume. You're gonna look around and all the little trigger treaters are gonna be demon Hunters.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: You want to start with Dylan in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Dylan, do you think he got this?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 15: I think I can do it.
Speaker 14: And I also think I had some humanizing moments.
Speaker 2: That I share a perfect man. All right, let's let's let's hear, let's simmer and take it away.
Speaker 14: Okay, so Big Mike said, healing, it's not about.
Speaker 7: Ending, Dad, give us, give us your humanizing hand, what you got.
Speaker 14: Okay, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 15: So two moments. One is I remember when Kobe Bryant would be on the sidelines with Gianna and you would.
Speaker 7: See like this.
Speaker 15: You would see this person who was just a killer throughout his career, like laughing and having fun. And I think the reason that it was such a tragedy that he died with her is that we were kind of seeing this person who is this dominating athlete who was a stone cold killer turn into this like loving, warm hearted person.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 15: And also also.
Speaker 14: You know, because if they were going to open up, she was going to be a great you know WNBA store. The w NBA is great at humanizing the stud Buds from Minnesota had that live stream during All Star weekend and the WNBA All Stars they were having a blast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's a great example. I thought that was a really great example.
Speaker 4: Bit Bryant, we'd make fun of it, but the Olympics always have their packages where they humanize all the athletes and make us chair.
Speaker 1: For them, no doubt. No, you become more invested for sure. Do we have another contestant, Danny J.
Speaker 2: Stacey.
Speaker 4: It's a tough one. Stacy also in Tulsa. You guys are big in Tulsa.
Speaker 2: What's up, Bud? What's up? Helly?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 16: I think I have it?
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 13: Healing is not about getting.
Speaker 7: Rid of got a word wrong there at the beginning, man.
Speaker 2: Healing is what the hell you say? You know what, We'll try to get one more winner. We'll come back.
Speaker 1: We'll do spots midweek, major all your headlines will take more feedback. That's next right here, Cavin and rich on Fox Sports Radio Now Game one, buddy boy, Game Week one.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Can you believe every touchdown bringing you closer to a payout? With Drafting sports Book and official sports betting partner of the NFL, this isn't just football, it's first touchdown, fireworks, anytime, TD rushes and live bets that ride every momentum shift At DraftKings, every play is your next shot to win. Yeah, buddy, new customers, this one's for you. Five bucks. Bet five bucks. You're gonna get three hundred and bonus bets instantly. And this is awesome as well. You're gonna get over two hundred dollars off NFL Sunday ticket from YouTube and YouTube TV, and there's some great games to look at. You might feel like, oh Vegas has this one wrong wing one. I think I can make some money. Well, your season starts now. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook gap use code CR show that's code crsh o W. You have three hundred dollars and bonus bets instantly when you place your first bet of five dollars or more plus over two hundred off NFL Sunday ticket from YouTube and YouTube TV.
Speaker 2: In partnership with DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 11: Gambling problem Call one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope in wire text hope and y for six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or if is it ccpg dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in a resort in Kansas. Fees may apply in Illinois. Twenty one plus aged eligibility varies by jurisdiction vood in Ontario. Bonus bitz expire seven days after issuance. See Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com. Slash promos NFL Sunday Ticket offer for new subscribers only in auto renews until canceled. Digital games and commercial use excluded. Restrictions apply. Additional NFL Sunday Ticket terms at YouTube dot com slashh slash NFL Sunday Ticket Slash terms Limited time offer.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Soda Popinski and Novak Djokovic, who was dancing to this after his big win at the US Open over Taylor Fritz.
Speaker 2: A dedicated to his daughter on her birthday.
Speaker 1: Much like every other little girl on planet Earth loves K Pop Demon Hunters and I guess if you never heard of it, you will moving forward. It's the biggest thing going K Pop Demon Hunters and we're live from Fox Sports Radio Studio Covino and Rich. For over forty years, Tyrak has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and.
Speaker 2: Where they drive.
Speaker 1: Ship fast and free back by free road hazard protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tirerac dot com wa Tire buying should be before midweek.
Speaker 2: Major.
Speaker 1: Let's wrap up with the phone calls. We might have a winner. I don't know, Uh, Lisa, gonna give it a shot?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 2: What's gonna happen here, Danny or what?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Lisa in Dutchess County, New York.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do this. Can you repeat Mike's words of wisdom? Lisa, last shot? Let's go here, we go?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 16: I hope so.
Speaker 11: I have.
Speaker 16: Healing is more about accepting pains and learning to coexist with it than it is about eliminating all suffering, which is impossible.
Speaker 4: About Lisa ready to go big, Mike that is impressive. Are you tape recording us on a boombox?
Speaker 2: You know what I want to?
Speaker 7: Uh No, you can do that.
Speaker 8: No one said you couldn't do that. That's not so that was a rule against. Congratulations Lisa, Thanks Lisa, And two quickies.
Speaker 1: We're talking about humanizing a lah Novak Djokovic dancing to K pop?
Speaker 2: What do you got, Reno Trevor, what's up?
Speaker 13: Hey, guys? So yeah, I think some of these probably revolve around fatherhood. So the first one that I thought about when he said Kobe was Tiger when he won his last Masters and just seeing Charlie there and yeah, the dude the robot for so long and just like to actually see him have feelings was pretty cool. But the one that still just kind of chokes me up whenever I watch it and I know what's happening was in like the Olympian that got hurt and his dad goes out and runs with him and he's like hitting the judges off, being like, no, I'm going to finish it with my kids like that.
Speaker 2: Oh it's hard for him.
Speaker 1: You ain't kidding, all right, Heidi. Last one a Florida The way you got to give spot at least five minutes. What's up, Heidi, Hey, I.
Speaker 3: Thought it was quite endearing when Jannis filmed himself going through the Chick fil A drives through ordering fifty not forty nine, not fifty one, fifty chicken mini and I think he had a trophy in the backseat, but he didn't film that, and he was taking the Chicken minis back to his party.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool. Yeah, these are the moments where you're like, oh, you know, especially if you're on the fence, if you're on the fence, or you really just don't know, Yeah, that'll win you over. So Pops to Djokovic on his win and even more so for being a cool dad and winning. It's sober and when to hit those dances on the K Pop Demon Hunters. Actually time for Midweek Major.
Speaker 5: Covino and Rich get you over the middle of the week when mid Week majorju I love that we throw sports and pop culture headlines and topics at the fellas and it's like, the kids.
Speaker 13: Say, that's somn.
Speaker 16: We definitely need.
Speaker 5: You see in our score mid Week Major.
Speaker 4: There is no time for an intro, so we're gonna get right to the dice, roll to see who's gonna have the first tape Ladies and gentlemen. The most famous person besides from Scotch Jersey Spotty Boy.
Speaker 17: Right, we're just one day away from NFL kickoff. Yeah, and we talked about actually on our recent episode of our voth of this podcast, over promised how the cost of watching an entire NFL season could be well over one thousand dollars. And there's no secret that thrifty fans turned to illegal streaming.
Speaker 2: Sites some money.
Speaker 17: Well, one of the biggest sites, Stream East, which drew a combined one point six billion visits over the last year, has been shut down at last week. So the website known for providing free streams of top leagues like the NFL, NBA, MLB, Premier League and more. Site was taken down by a joint effort between the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, which is comprised of entity's Amazon and Apple, and some law enforcement officials in Egypt. Apparently part of the sting. They also see some cash and credit cards and a shell company that was laundering money. Maybe they were looking up Kawhi. Who knows anyway, Midweek or major. This is major. One point six billion people used it. Damn, How am I gonna watch my pay per view fights now?
Speaker 13: I mean.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's wrong and we shouldn't be doing this. Some people do, but people do, and it's about time they figured out a way to shut it down.
Speaker 2: Shut it down now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're leaving a lot of money on the table by allowing this.
Speaker 2: So you're a better guy than me. I think this is major.
Speaker 1: You're a better guy than me if you could honestly say you've never used, ever in your life an illegal link your buddy sent you, like, Hey, the fight's about to start. Here's a link that shut down down. That's stream east on again. I know people have used that one for a year, so it's a big deal. We should be buying the fights.
Speaker 2: But I get it. I will say this, rich, I never.
Speaker 1: I never harassed my own daughter just because like that woman in that Unknown Number documentary. Yeah, but I have streamed something illegally, Okay, Yeah I have.
Speaker 2: So you're still a good guy. Yeah, so I'm better than that woman.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 17: We now have all the details on the infamous proposal between Travis Kelcey and pop superstar Taylor Swift. Of course, on the latest episode of New Heights. Kelsey talked about how he's quote giddy about the proposal and how he gets to share the rest of his life with he's been telling everybody.
Speaker 2: He also talked about how.
Speaker 17: He planned to originally do it on water and one of his producers said that he did that and it ruined the experience. He revealed what we sort of already knew that his team was preparing the proposal set up in the backyard while they were recording the podcast with Taylor Swift a few weeks back. He also talked about how he had their first public appearance at Arrowhead where they attended that college game. Yeah, how he's first introducing Taylor as his fiancee to all his teammates. So he's really excited about that. Midwek or major, Well, that's a weird feeling.
Speaker 2: This is major.
Speaker 1: Anything Kelsey Swift related as major. I saw that Roger Goodell gave her the open invite. Yeah, all right, it's coming up. I guess it's coming up. But yeah, anything involving them major news and ties into what we were just talking about. I think seeing him as a love bird this humanized them and made him more likable to so many more people agreed. It ties into our last conversation. Taylor Swift and Travis Kelcey have humanized each other. I think it's big news. And I know spot you said you're gonna lead into, yes, the Roger Goodell story, so you might as well take it away because that's what it ties in.
Speaker 2: I'll take it away.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 17: And NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell appeared on Today Earlier Today, Earlier this morning and was asked if Swifties would get the ultimate treat for as they planned the Super Bowl halftime show this year, and Goodell responded by saying, quote, we would always love to have Taylor play. She has a special, special talent and obviously she would be welcome at any time. While he didn't give up any details, he said that it is quote maybe a possibility. And we've talked about people have been, you know, all the Swifties, how they love to analyze all these Easter eggs. When she appeared on the New Heights podcast, she was talking about sour Dough and dropping certain numbers that alluded to her doing the halftime show in San Francis. Sour Dough Saan being the mascot there so potentially it could be this year's Superple halftime show Super Major Major Major Major, and.
Speaker 1: For many reasons, Taylor Shrift Major Makreed performing halftime.
Speaker 2: That would be huge.
Speaker 1: Ratings Gold Baby Gold ratings, ratings. I tell you it would break all sorts of records. And it also shows you that maybe Goodell has final say it's not jay Z jay Z had Omarion on standby or something ridiculous. Imagine if he pulls Taylor Swift, that'd be awesome. So I mean, I'm not a Swifty, but it's it would be huge. This is I think mid because it's what we already know, meaning like if Taylor Shift wants to do it, she will do it, and Roger Goodell would probably get down on his hands.
Speaker 2: And knees and be like, please, what's today's date? Give me the date? Nine to three September third.
Speaker 1: I knew that, but I was just asking you because last year it was on September eighth when we found out it was Ken Lamar. So it's consistently early September. We should be finding out within the week or so. If it's Tailor, if it's Metallica, if it's Mighty Cyrus, whoever the heck it's going to be. We should probably find out within a week. Nice, nice, well more spottier one, I guess. So Tom Brady making some appearances on podcasts. Do you want to hear about his thoughts about the NFL generation of today or his thoughts about.
Speaker 2: Broadcasting this season generation today?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 17: He was on Kevin Hart's podcast Cold Is Yeah. Yeah, I don't know if I could say or he sits in a cold bludge with athletes and celebrities. So he asked Brady about how he feels the game is changing. Brady responded saying, there are more challenges for this generation of qbs in some way, but the guys who take advantage of it, there are more opportunities for them. Went on to say that everybody is coddled a little bit more, and what he meant by that is he said, rather than saying, hey, you better come and get the work done, you have to say you should probably do this. So he's saying that this generation just needs to be led a little bit more rather than having that work ethic. But he did go on to say that all the quarterbacks of today, Mahomes has a really great work ethic He said that he is a desire every time he takes the field to be a great leader, and everything he does is right. So a nice compliment to mahomes from Brady Midweek or major, hard work never goes out of style. This is major.
Speaker 1: People should take notes and taken all sorts of advice from Tom Brady. He's a guy who's lived it and proved it that hard work pays off. And I don't understand why younger people get so upset by this. Remember the Kim Kardashian controversy where she was like, you need what did she say?
Speaker 2: If you remember something, you gotta get up.
Speaker 1: And work, Get up here, get off your ass, and yes, And everybody was so up in arms and upset by that. It's like, where's the where's the insult there? How about take that as good advice? Well, I have just don't happen by themselves. You know. I think Tom Brady is a great teacher of hard work. But I have more thoughts on this that I want to continue after we go to Dan Buyer for an update. Let's get a quickie update. I know we're running late. Sorry, dB, that's all right.
Speaker 9: Orioles jumped out to a seven to nothing lean on the Padres San Diego trying to fight back, but they're in the nine, seven to five Orioles right now. Orioles will play the Dodgers this weekend, likely going to face show Heyotani, who at his start pushed back on the mound because of an illness. Tigers dropped the Mets today six to two. Diamondbacks blank the Rangers to nothing. Red Sox plays outfielder Roman Anthony on the injury list because of an oblique strain. He could miss four to six weeks. At the US opened a Cithern American Amana and Asamova upset second seed the eagash fontek and straight sets to advance to the semi finals. In the NFL, Packers edge rusher Michah Parsons limited in practice today because of his back injury, while Jets tackle Elijah Vera Tucker suffered a torn triceps muscle to practice yesterday and could miss the rest of the season. Mavericks and PJ. Washington agreed on a four year extension worth a ninety million dollars. Well, you guys, touched off it off the top of the show. Touched on it off the top of the show, Clippers allegedly tried to circumvent the NBA salary gap by giving Kawhi Leonard an endorsement deal with a company that he never provided work or in endorsements.
Speaker 7: Four.
Speaker 9: That's according to Pablo Tory finds out the team denied the allegations. ESPN reports the NBA has begun an investigation into those allegations. Guys, back to you, yeah, Dan Byer. I have a great night, buddy, you two guys and see to night. Could I say for our draft?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is he?
Speaker 1: You know we're gonna talk about that next. I'm excited. I want to whoop all your asses in this. I can't wait. But one last thought about uh, you said the work ethic of Tom Brady and how he says that. Jimmy Johnson in that documentary about the Cowboys, Jimmy Johnson, if you remember, went on to say, we can't coach the way we coach back then. Remember there was a guy fell he had asthmen. He's like, you got asp fed ass up and can get out of here. So things are a little different now. If you watch that documentary. All right, we have more Coveno on Rich. We'll talk a little fantasy next before we get out of here in kaven on Rich Yeah, more human than human talking humanizing is Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio Live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Iowa Sam on the Ones and Tues with the Rob Zombie or as I call him, Bobby Z. That's my boy right there, Bobby Z and of course z Yeah, Rob Zombie, Broway Zombie and Danny G the super producer on the phones at eighty seven seven ninety nine on Fox the best in all the land, and ever wanted to try an Olympic sport? Rich Olympic and Paralympic sport, Try fencing. It's safe, it's fast, it's easy to start. Find a beginner class near you at USA Fencing dot org. Slash try fencing. That's USA Fencing dot org slash try fencing. And if you miss any of today's show or any show for that matter, Yo. The podcast goes up every night. Danny G puts up each hour and the best of And could I please ask you one thing? This could be your early holiday gift for me? Three months in events and my birthday is at October. How about an early birthday gift it's free. Just follow our show on our new Fox Sports Radio YouTube page, Jam dot com, slash at Covino and Rich FSR. Just hit follow. It costs you nothing. It's easy, it's free, and you'll put a smile on our face.
Speaker 2: That's right. You actually click subscribe, but it's free. Yeah, click.
Speaker 1: Tell your friends about it. We appreciate it. And he played more human than human because we explain that Novak Djokovic, who's a tennis superstar who advances in the US Open, probably gained more fans by doing that goofy dance and talking about K Pop Demon Hunters than he has. Like if you were able to measure this by social media following, I bet it went up astronomically because he humanized himself. Hey, I'm a dad, I did it for my kid. Everybody loved it.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 1: I never even seen K Pop Demon Hunters, but I know it hit Rich in the heart. And it's not always things like that.
Speaker 2: It could be.
Speaker 1: Anything that humanizes somebody. Mi, what was a nightmare for me at the time. There was a silver lining to it, like when I got divorced. You know how Rich loves to bring that up all the time. Yeah, can you know that relatable? That made me to a whole like slew of people, to fifty percent of the population that someone else was talking about the things that they all had went through, and it made me more human. Here I am this arrogant guy that people want to punch in the face, and then I come in like, yeah, my relationship's over in a weird way. That humanized me to a lot of people, made me more relatable. And again that's just a silver lining to stuff like that. It's not always it's not always just like you as a dad. It could be anything, you know. I think another humanizing moment is when you see athletes get the call up to the big league. Do you ever see those videos where they get called out, they get called into the manager's office and they like, hey tomorrow, you think you could pitch tomorrow? How about for the big leagues? And then they call their parents and stuff. Best just makes you more relatable And what are those moments for you? Running out of time so you could share at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio and again before it gets too late on tomorrow's show, Old School Win fifty Hits. We throw it back every Thursday and get you involved, and we do our picks for the NFL prediction sheet, you know, the laminated sheet in the studio. We pick tomorrow. You know who do we think is going to be in the super Bowl?
Speaker 2: We pick tonight? Are you part taking in this? Are you too cool for the room? Are you doing Dan Bayer's Guillotine League? I might.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell everyone you think you're too good for it? Hi too good for it. I just know my habits and come on, we need you fight away, I thinks and say have fun.
Speaker 2: No, come on, it is fun. We need two people. Don't you want to be one of our heroes?
Speaker 1: I think we have different definitions of fun. Listen, come on if you're in Manzi.
Speaker 2: Fantastic. We'll see you guys tomorrow. Enjoy. We want to see in the month.
Speaker 7: I know you can't.
Speaker 2: All right until then?
Speaker 1: A riba thereci baby, see you in the Promised Land.
Speaker 2: Go Yankees.