Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 3: This is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Windstuff where Flavor gets its wings.
Speaker 2: Now, your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 4: Gross, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: It's Friday, fan Phone Fun. Friday is back. The People's Show has returned, the show where you can be whoever or whatever you want to be. You're looking live at Tostito Championship Plaza outside Ford Center, at the Star of Frisco, Texas, where it's ninety three degrees. Summer is back. He said, hold on not so fast. The highest ninety seven, the lowest seventy seven.
Speaker 6: And it's hot.
Speaker 7: And my boy's not here to day. Yeah boy, my boy, My boy's not here. But he is Nate, This is Shannon. In the back is Chris, but also Jazz because she's running the show right now. I am Salt and Pepper Poppy. Together we make Hanging with the Boys, the sports talk equivalent of the Braill people us went, that was you ain't into it? Jazz ain't into it.
Speaker 8: I will apologize greatly. Please man, go one more time, Go one more time.
Speaker 7: I am sulting Pepper Poppy. Together we make Hanging with the boys the sports talk equivalent the Braill people.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Jock, Wow, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Brought to eat it every day by wingstop ever gets it.
Speaker 6: We come on, Brandon Cook call us.
Speaker 5: Eight eight eight eight five five two two nine se jazz. Do you have the faculties to take calls?
Speaker 7: I'm just making sure I don't play jazz like she's before. She's never before we get this show started. It has been brought to my attention that we got some smoke me and you. No, no, no, no, no no, We're good.
Speaker 5: Our show, our show with who what?
Speaker 7: Our show got a little smokes another show but another show.
Speaker 6: No, let's go. I'm ready.
Speaker 7: Our show got a little smoke with another show. First of all, we are the standard. Hear me, hear me good, we are the standard.
Speaker 6: Yes, we are.
Speaker 7: This other show. All of a sudden, magically now they want to get T shirts made. See the difference is between your show and our show. You got to do a T shirt yourself. You gotta find somebody to make the graphic you gotta find somebody to preach. See when you were as good as we are, our fans make us and you give off the type of energy that we give off. The people love that we give off.
Speaker 6: People.
Speaker 7: People go out that way to make sure that we're good.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 7: So before you're gonna try to be who we are, sit for a second and just watch. And then and then one of the show members got the audacity jes gov the steep, They said, the unmitigated call right right right, because your picture on your shirt got your hairline receiving. Now, granted, I ain't never been shot about my hairline receiving. Playboy, don't think yours ain't We suffer from the same type of situation. You know you Yes, your sun roof ish push back, you drive, you drive, You drive a car with a sun roof all the way to the back, your hairline matching.
Speaker 5: So don't try to get on no platforms.
Speaker 7: And try to call me out because no, no, no, because when you call my name out, you made it personal. That's right, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 9: So Isaiah, yeah, Isaiah talking cowboys, Yes, sir, if you want to beat the best, you got to beat the best. And y'all coming up a little short. Watch out now, when did this happen?
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go back there and get that. I'm gonna go back here and get that terrible shirt and shout out to my boy. Shout out to my boy big A. Who printed the shirt. That's my dude, big A, My man, you printed the shirt. I don't know who made the graphic. I'm gonna go back there and grab that shirt that I saw earlier. Y'all looking real funny in the light. Y'all looking real funny in the light. They don't do us like that here and hang with the boys. Step y'all game up?
Speaker 6: Because what y'all?
Speaker 8: Because people, Yes, sir, people, Hey, hey, Isaiah, don't attack the show.
Speaker 6: I love you. I like your opinion, but do not attack this show. Isaiah hate us because they ain't us, right. I love and I love you Jack. I love it too.
Speaker 7: I love Isaiah, I love I love.
Speaker 5: No national hit. He doing going to his head now, his attacking.
Speaker 6: I want to attack him. I'm about to attack him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Isaiah, don't forget where you care, where you started, where you born?
Speaker 6: Why are you doing this?
Speaker 7: Listen? You know, beef, see see what happens when we just do what we do. They just can't. Sometimes folks just can't handle it, no matter what they got going on in their life, no matter what they got going on their life, they just see us and they just see what we do.
Speaker 5: Imitation is the best form of flattery.
Speaker 7: You know what, man, you won't even come close.
Speaker 8: Why is it the dude in the Bentley always hated that guy riding prius.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you mean my par salon. These guys just delighted in my prias alone.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you what we're coming at you, Isaiah, I man, I gotta defend now.
Speaker 5: Speaking of feeling, I will tell you guys this, I want to g thank you for the shirt.
Speaker 7: Yeah, see.
Speaker 6: We're gonna gat up. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I wore mine. We'll wear them again.
Speaker 7: I will see how that happens, Isaiah. People send us stuff. We ain't got to go out there and do our own mark ups and our own makeups, and you had to drive all the way across town to get it printed up and all that kind of stuff. Hey, just send it to us Christmas ornaments, lunches.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying now, I will tell you this, wear this on a cool day because g it's amazing, but this graphic feels like you're wearing a plastic garbage bag across your chest. And when it's ninety seven out and that sun's hitting you when you're walking across the plaza to go eat lunch and coming back, it's a little warm. So just wait till it gets below eighty and then we'll wear these again. But thanks again, g for sending these to us. These are these are awesome.
Speaker 7: So that's their shirts.
Speaker 5: Okay, Hey, I'm not gonna hate on them. I like it.
Speaker 7: Trash, that's some.
Speaker 5: There's some team, some team karate camaraderie.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna hate on them like.
Speaker 6: You, Jess.
Speaker 7: That's fine.
Speaker 5: I do hate them, so.
Speaker 8: Now we ain't hate on them. They attacked us first. They're attacked us first, and they ain't hating.
Speaker 7: Mind in our business. Say I'll play for you.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, you don't get worth. We can't waste the hour of time like that.
Speaker 7: I already give him enough, already give enough. Hope. I hope that help y'all. Views.
Speaker 6: We still YouTube find this baby.
Speaker 5: Who Okay, I know it's very early in the season. I know it's Game three, but if there's if there's ever been a must win game this early in the season for either team, this is probably it. Two playoff teams. Who's more? Who's it more of a must win for them to start zero and three or the Cowboys to start one and two and look the way that they look.
Speaker 7: Right you you the AFC is right the leading conference, and you're talking about what Baltimore has to look up to. They gotta go to Buffalo, and they gotta go to Kansas City like those teams are. If I'm if you're asking me who needs it more? Of course the O and two team needs it more, right, they ain't win one and it's I don't know how many teams go oh and three and find themselves in the playoffs, let alone in Super Bowl contention. The Cowboys need it more because the noise is louder.
Speaker 5: You got all this ancillary stuff that if you go one and two, the wheels start slowly, the log nuts get really loose.
Speaker 7: Right Look at this week, yeah, even this week at one and one.
Speaker 5: The d line, the offensive line, the run game, the number eighty eight and a bunch of guys.
Speaker 7: And then Jerry comes out with his comments this morning. I mean like it is. It is getting.
Speaker 5: Everybody's quite noisy, everybody that's on a one year deal, coaching and players like.
Speaker 7: It's getting quite noisy around here. And so I think to get lost games in it's a loss of any kind, but for sure a dominating like you get dominated. To get lost, boy, it's gonna be it's gonna be smoking the city around here. You're gonna people gonna start, you know, wanting to see heads rolled. Three games into the season. Now you got a pharmacy game next week, next Thursday. But you get beat up like you got beat up last week, and that game.
Speaker 5: Look a little different now. Say it's not guaranteed, now.
Speaker 7: That game will look a little different now. So record wise, yes, Baltimore right going on three is tough. But the noise here is they don't even talk about They don't talk about the Baltimore Ravens and the A Block of Nobody show or the B Block. They get to them eventually. Oh, by the way, the Baltimore Ravens are oh and two. You know how that look in the ABC picture playoff picture Race Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Troubling Big D No D in Dallas, blah blah blah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you go one and two, and the way that this thing is kind of set up that you're kind of gonna get punched in the mouth a little bit.
Speaker 6: Gotta win it.
Speaker 5: What do you think, Nate See?
Speaker 8: And I'm speaking from a fans perspective, and I'm speaking from how they feel over there.
Speaker 6: Baltimore is a none issue. It's all about the boys.
Speaker 8: If you're not hyped up, desperate, wanting to win, trying to prove something Baltimore sixteen weeks from now, we won't even care if Baltimore made the playoffs or not. But that team over there, that team better be desperate. They better be desperate, because it ain't about nothing to do with Baltimore.
Speaker 6: It's all about them.
Speaker 8: Because it's too many people that are being put on the hot seat, you know, players included, if they lose this game. So it ain't nothing to do with Baltimore. I'm listening to everybody saying, who's the most desperate team? Forget Baltimore. It's all about them boys over there, them sixty two, how many they have them practice squad of sixteen?
Speaker 6: This thing for in the change they have already from one week.
Speaker 8: Rearranged the defensive line by injury, about what about coaches making moves?
Speaker 6: They are not waiting. They're fixing it. They're trying to fix this thing.
Speaker 8: Now people screaming, Oh, why isn't Overshown playing?
Speaker 7: Guess what he talked to Clarence Hill. I'm playing now, Yes, I'm in faces some packages.
Speaker 6: Now these people ain't playing, and that's kind of refreshing. They ain't playing, bro, They trying to fix this thing.
Speaker 5: Now that's a little bit refreshing because we're used to know this is what we're doing, this is how we do it, and this is what we're gonna do. Whoever, we're not gonna let public opinion, union or what you know. This is what we do. So I applaud them for at least trying to shake things up and not being like sitting on their hands, going no, this is what we got right. See how that translates on Sunday. But how are you optim we're gonna get the picks later? Are you optimistic about this game? Are you middle of the road or you are you not feeling it? Say don't don't even answer, don't even just waiting.
Speaker 7: The thing?
Speaker 8: The thing when when you're in Dallas, Jess, you play, you've been around it forever.
Speaker 6: We've been around it forever.
Speaker 8: You I look at coaching cars because y'all know I want him here after this year, regardless of the season ago.
Speaker 6: But so I'm the people. I like like, I like you. I can tell when something wrong. I can look at you and coach everything. We're doing what we need to do. We but you see that smile used to be.
Speaker 5: Come on, bro, different body parts. Yeah, Man, that smiles tighter. Mails is tighter.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: All right, let's take our first break. When we come back, we will go to the phones and listen to you. The people show has returned. Remember, you can be whoever you want to be and whatever you want to be with the boys, We'll be right back and wherever you.
Speaker 6: Want to be. Isaiah will get you a call, Bro. You hating on me?
Speaker 10: Man, Hey, Cowboys fans. As official whiskey sponsor of the NFL, it's not a kickoff without the generous spirit of Crown Royal, And that's why we've built the Crown Royal Rig, an absurdly awesome eighteen wheeler delivering the generous spirit to stadiums and tailgates across the country. Follow the Royal Rig on its journey from city to city, bringing together local cuisine, NFL legends, and the opportunity to pack a purple bag for charity and win tickets to super Visit Crownroyal dot com for rules and more. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 11: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you.
Speaker 7: Wincot kitchen schlids with a first.
Speaker 11: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 11: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 12: How's wing Stop sound? Crispy, juicy, classic wings, made to order, cook to perfection and sausted tossed in those eleven souls, satisfying players headed with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop ranch, and of course spicy Cajun fried cool. I think you've heard enough, Get go, fleave it, deliver it at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 1: Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here, and seat gig is here to help you experience all the action.
Speaker 7: Seat gig makes it easy.
Speaker 1: To find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seat gig is the place to do it. Seat gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing a ticket that works, expect the expected seed geek.
Speaker 7: Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the second segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought you each and every day by blockchain dot Com. Thank you Blockchain dot Com and Jesse. Seven eleven's teaming up with Fanatics to give you, sir, the chance to be a VP at next year's Fanatics Fast Out. Until October the twenty ninth, Use the seven Rewards app at check out to be entered for a chance to win when picking up products like Slurpy, Big Gulp and Tiketos. No purchase necessary terms apply. All right, Jazz is letting us know that we have a call.
Speaker 6: Who do we have Jazz?
Speaker 7: We got Paul from Baltimore.
Speaker 5: Paul, what is the word in Baltimore? Or those ravens gonna kill these cowboys and give us your prediction.
Speaker 13: Hey guys, gleb you gab on the stone, y'all the moon in Baltimore.
Speaker 5: Wait a minit wait a minute, wait minue, Wait minute, wait minute. There's there's three people on the show today. You only told the people two you loved them. I don't make me have a meltdown like I did last week. I need.
Speaker 13: To see if we can get on that package trip to Mexico.
Speaker 6: Leader Okay, alright, go ahead.
Speaker 14: Uh yeah.
Speaker 13: The mood here in Baltimore is I just seen a little desperate. There have a couple of friends. They're feeling not too antsy about the Cowboys because.
Speaker 14: We know we're a good offensive team.
Speaker 13: But I have a lot of them kind of looking at us like our hard run defenses, and they're kind of looking at us like where the pharmacy.
Speaker 14: Come into the town.
Speaker 13: There's yeah, and Baltimore's is a huge mood.
Speaker 14: They need to win the.
Speaker 13: Ools that have been doing too good lately, so everyone in Baltimore's is ready for to get some kind of win on the plate. I predict this game theory the way if they lock down and they show up and they rated you know, to be the Cowboys that you know, will you know that we know that they could be, then you know we won't have a blowout game and they won't be.
Speaker 14: Able to get much run.
Speaker 13: But if they come out like the Cowboys were kind of used to and they just kind of show up plat, then see another issue where Lamar Jacksons just has a you know, nice run game and you know, Derek Candy runs all over us. But that's kind of where I'm at. I want to know from y'all what things should I be looking for during the game, and you know, what key things could to know where this game is going.
Speaker 5: What is your score prediction, sir?
Speaker 14: I have twenty seven twenty three Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Twenty seven twenty three offensive game for Paul. All right, man, thank you, and we appreciate the the analysis from behind enemy lines? What would your big Let's just do this since we will get the scores later, Nate, what is your what is your key to the game, both offensively and defensively for the Cowboys for them to win. What do they need to do on defense? Where they need to do on offense?
Speaker 8: What they need to do on offense is you know you you I've kind of gotten away from the time of possession. But we need to help our defense anyway. We can short passes, long passes, running the ball, screens, whatever. We need to have at least thirty two to thirty three minutes. We need to dominate this thing. Keith Lamar and Henry off the field.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, more so, Yeah, keep Bonzi and those other guys off the field.
Speaker 6: Wow, don't do that? Do you tell the truth?
Speaker 5: What about offensively? What do the Cowboys need to do?
Speaker 6: They need to do just what I mean.
Speaker 8: Defensively, they need to just hope and pray that the offense gonna keep the ball thirty five minutes.
Speaker 5: Jesse, what do you what are your keys in the game, both sides of the ball.
Speaker 7: Honestly, like, unless you have to turn you have to turn the Lamar over, like you got to turn the football over. However that happens. Interceptions, you got to turn them over in the moments when they do decide to pass or drop back because for whatever reason, and maybe Todd Monkin will have a change of heart this weekend coming to the AT and T Stadium. He's trying to make Lamar Jackson a pocket passer and try to like throw the ball around the park a little bit. Whenever we have that opportunity, when I should say we whenever they have the opportunity to to to get after Lamar ship them. He's loose with the football. He has the football all out there all crazy, so God like damorrow and when he when he breaks containment and he's and he's getting ready to run at you for the Yeah, you got those long arms, man be able to wrap up one one one arm, get the ball out or if he throws the ball Trayvon Diggs. I think you're gonna see a little bit more jan Ye Thomas. I would like to see more Wayana Thomas covering the tight ends Carson. Now would be a good time to get those hands ready for an opportunity for an interception. Got you gotta turn them over. You gotta turn them over. It's gonna give you short fields. It's gonna give you the ability to uh find yourself at least in field goal range. But if I got a short field, now I can make some I can make some hay there because their past defense is the worst in the National Football League. If we got to drive the lift of the field, that means I got to incorporate running in that and that's gonna get you behind the sticks. And when you get behind the sticks, now guys are playing yolo football offensively, So got to turn the ball over. Gotta turn the ball over if you're gonna win this football game.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm somewhat This is gonna sound crazy after the conversations we've had all week, but I'm somewhat optimistic on the defensive side of the ball for the Calvil this week, just because I think if your front, if your front, it all is predicated on the front. Right, if they have another week like they did last week, and it's not gonna matter, but if they can, if they can just hold their own, I think overshown and your linebackers have the speed to shadow Lamar. I think that's could he break a big one, of course he could at any point, but I feel good about that part of it, and I feel good about your your cornerbacks covering. I mean, they've got z Fly just like you guys have said all week eighty eight, and a bunch of guys. I think they got Zay Flowers and a bunch of guys outside of likely the you know, the tight end, which I think we do a pretty good job of covering the tight end. I feel better on the defensive side of the ball, I think than I do the offensive side, because really, yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 7: I do you boy that that is a a lot of space over there, because ain't nobody over there with you?
Speaker 5: I know, I just I just it's a it's a feeling. It's not a no, it's not anything on tape. I just I'm putting faith into them getting this thing back together and Zim not putting another product out on the field like he did last week, of him being all that he is as advertised, in him getting somewhere back to where they were.
Speaker 6: In week one.
Speaker 5: So I know I'm crazy.
Speaker 8: We'll see, well, and one thing, and maybe I'm wrong, just what he's saying is they don't have the crazy emotion that the other team had, and maybe they will incorporate some of that because you know, with a copycat league, but that motion wasn't as prevalent with the Ravens as it was with the team before with Saints. So maybe knowing where they're at, but maybe they can hold ground a little better. You know, I'm trying to ride.
Speaker 7: With you to try to make me not be all the way out of that emotion. Don't affect the tackles, the defensive tackles.
Speaker 6: We know that he don't know that motion effect.
Speaker 5: Well, no, I said, predicated on the front, like the front gets pushed the rap late.
Speaker 7: Well, you're already so Jordan Phillips won't be there. The positive news that Mazzi had a good day today, so I don't know whether that's positive or not. But it looks like he's gonna play. You're probably gonna call up Carlos Walking, so you're down the man. I don't know how long Mazi will be able to play or not play, So that's another situation. So if you lose Mazie at any point in time, you're you're you're probably worst off than your were. We could go in the spots where you need to be the very best.
Speaker 5: Let me try to grab on the something.
Speaker 6: But then you got Marshaan, you got the young guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Marshaan Is.
Speaker 5: I know he's no brother injury creator.
Speaker 6: On the same page.
Speaker 7: If they lined up a two hundred, I appreciate you big. If they lined up a two hundred and seventy pounds dude over top of you, what you're gonna go to the huddle. Yeah, you're gonna go to the huddle and say, we better run this bleeperly bleep, bleep, bleep bleep until our toes bleed. If that's what they gonna line up a two hundred and seventy or.
Speaker 6: Two and eighty pound dude against me, okay, who's on the practice squad.
Speaker 8: See, I'm trying to say, if Marzie go down, this is what is gonna be, regardless of what.
Speaker 7: And that's what I'm saying. I'm saying like it's the pickings.
Speaker 6: Are slim right now.
Speaker 5: Well, I feel good about lamar in the in the in defending the passing game. I do not feel good about defending the running game. So if they sell out and they do what we all are saying they should do, and that's give Derrick Henry the ball twenty eight to thirty two times, Johncey ghost Is, I don't feel good about that.
Speaker 6: I don't feel good about that. Who's on our practice squad, Chris?
Speaker 8: Can you, I mean, excuse me, Jazz, and you come up with anybody off the practice squad.
Speaker 6: Chris, I'm here now.
Speaker 7: He's in the driver's seat.
Speaker 8: Okay, D tackle Daxon six two three to ZERD four. That's another option that they could bring up.
Speaker 6: You know, the thing is.
Speaker 8: These guys over there, whether we like what happened or not, last week, they saw that too, and they don't want to be embarrassed again. So I'm figuring everybody's gonna give maximum mount.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you, guys, this have you ever seen on because it happens, But I don't know if I've paid attention to it on the defensive line as much as you do in like the secondary with linebackers and stuff. Someone injury creating opportunity and a guy or two on the defensive line stepping in and you're like, wow, this guy may have something. We see it on the offensive line every once while somebody gets hurt, a guy steps in and he's able to is the defensive line and am I just drawing grabbing for straws? Every thing is just throw a match on it, burn it up like you can.
Speaker 8: See that sometime with a y receiver. You can see that sometime, you know, with a defensive back, but normally defensive lineman off. They are who they are, unless it's a young unknown guy like the Dackson guy, a young unknown.
Speaker 6: But we know who Chouncey Goldson is. We know who the guy Colos, we know who they are.
Speaker 8: And they have never been guys that want to grab grab carpet and stay in there and get beat up.
Speaker 5: Its, grab crotches.
Speaker 8: It takes, I'm telling you, it takes a certain guy like Michael Peers. Michael Peers know, I may get a sack here, I may get a hit for a loss here, but Rocan Smith is doing all of the work for you know, grab these two guys the center in the guard Rocan just picking hold, busting folks up.
Speaker 5: I guess I'm just hoping for a David Irving type performance where it's like, okay, where.
Speaker 6: David Irvan didn't even know who he was. Where did this guy come from?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but those guys play right. So what I'm saying like, you don't leave those guys, you know what I mean? Like there was a reason why David Evon was playing. It wasn't because he couldn't. It was a reason why they wanted him. They wanted it to work out for him. So like that line is a different animal man, Like it's it's you know what I'm saying, Like you don't find too many diamond in the roughs, you know what I'm saying. Like like that, yea, because those guys they're gonna play like if there was if there was someone better than Jordan Phillips between Because remember Jordan Phillips got here towards the.
Speaker 6: End of training camp, the last preseason game.
Speaker 7: So they got they got a chance to see whatever guy you're talking about. I'm surprised you even.
Speaker 6: What's his name, Dail.
Speaker 7: No disrespect, no disrespect to you, my brother personally, but they saw you.
Speaker 8: Six to six three, one hundred and four pounds out of Illinois's rookie.
Speaker 7: Now, now we may come back a year or two later and say, all right, he's developed, he's done some stuff. But from what they saw in a month that you had basically before Jordan Phillips got here, you were the reason why they went. You were one of the reasons why they went and called Jordan Phillips.
Speaker 5: How many plays do each one of you need to see? Answer independently? How many plays do you need to see of the defensive line in this game before you you can tell.
Speaker 8: Give me two series, two series. I need to know what but the Raven's gonna do. Once I see what the Raven's gonna do, give me two series.
Speaker 5: And then you'll know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, more than three, three and out, three and out. You know favors the defense.
Speaker 8: But if it's five or six plays and I get to see and I get to see the D line work, then we go another place. Seven to eight, nine, I see the D line work. I'll tell, Isaidha'm like fellas that they have. So you need between probably six and fifteen team plays.
Speaker 6: What about you?
Speaker 5: Five the first five you'll be able to tell whether it's gonna be a long day or not, whether you're gonna have to outscore them or.
Speaker 7: I'm gona turned on that film and the first play of the game, and I saw Mazzi heading in the wrong direction, I said.
Speaker 6: And then soon later number ninety eight was this may five plays.
Speaker 5: You know what, This may be the first game ever that our fans is gonna watch nothing but watch the defensive line and not even worry about the quarterback or the running, just watching the match up the first series or two.
Speaker 7: Because if I'm if I'm if I'm Todd Munkin, if I'm Todd Monkin, if I'm the offensive coordinator of the Baltimore Ravens, if I'm Harball, the head coach of the Baltimore Ravens, I'm gonna test that. I have to test it, like there's no way. That we set together as a staff and came up with a game plan, and the first thing that we said to each other after watching the first play of the Saints game, oh my goodness, if we don't drive the ball, if we don't drive these dudes off the ball. And it was one of those things where the coaches left the meeting and they went met with the players, and when that old line coach got with his old line, he said, gentlemen, we are going to be rolled greaters. We gotta move folks this week. Make them fee like that is like there's no like if there's ever been a time that if I was John Harbaugh, John Harball, Jim Harball, Harball, John John, if there was ever a time that I was saying, we're gonna play Baltimore Raven bullyball someday at three thirty.
Speaker 5: All right, let's take our last break when we come back. Nothing but phone call predictions. Yeah, I'm sorry. Keep getting sidetracked, trying to your feelings, trying to find a light, and Jesse's snuffing it out. Jah, don't blame him. We'll be back with the boys.
Speaker 1: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in heart, either no eye in blue star or a lone star for that matter, And there's no eye in how about them? Cowboys smearnough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing, an experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home are away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough. We're new game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 12: How's wingstop sound? Crispy juicy, classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauted, tossed, and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature wingstop range, and of course spicy Cajun fried corn.
Speaker 7: I think you've heard enough, get your flavor delivered.
Speaker 2: At wingstop dot com falls and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Lay yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real hals avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 1: Grab some today, Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here, and set Gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 12: All the action.
Speaker 1: Seed Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seed gig is the place to do it. Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing, A ticket that works. Expect the expected seed.
Speaker 4: Geeka, Hanging with the Boys, Welcome back to the public school show.
Speaker 5: Hanging with the Boys brought to you each and every segment at the end of the show and the third. Thank you Jack Saul, the proud dating part of the Dallas Cowboys, for bringing you this third segment.
Speaker 7: Every day.
Speaker 6: We're almost to the show.
Speaker 7: We'll make it.
Speaker 6: We get some calls from Yeah, let's go to the phones.
Speaker 5: Who we got Chris, We got Antonio and Indio California. Yah, Antonio, what's UPO?
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 3: Man? How you guys doing? First, I want to give you guys a shout out. You guys are for sure the best show on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 6: You guys facts every boys dot Com. Hanging with them boys, Let's.
Speaker 3: Go, let's go, man. I'm like you guys right now, I'm a little worried about that defense that deeper the front, the front, the front, two in the middle.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm worried, man.
Speaker 3: And I'm no, I think that I think we're all right with back. And I keep telling my cousin, He's like, we got to get rid of that and I'm like, nah, man, we all right, we all right, it's early in the season. I just should we be panicked about the defense right now? I got that question, man, I mean, give us a good game one week one.
Speaker 6: And then what's your score?
Speaker 5: What's your score prediction?
Speaker 6: Sir?
Speaker 3: I would say, uh, Cowboys thirty to twenty seven, and it's going to be a field goal by Aubrey in the final second to the game.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, if you got Baltimore scoring twenty seven points, it sounds like you think they should be worried about the defense. Are you panicking?
Speaker 3: I mean, now that Moggie's out and Maggie's questionable, I mean, and then it's I mean, I don't got no but I mean what I'm worried about. We don't got no depth there.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: I think they got big old Henry gonna run it down our throats.
Speaker 5: I think we're all worried. Appreciate the call, Antonio, Thanks for listening every day, and thanks for reinforce.
Speaker 6: You got to score.
Speaker 7: Yeah, twenty seven to thirty, Cowboys win.
Speaker 5: Cowboys winning.
Speaker 7: Thirty calls got Cowboys winning.
Speaker 5: So far, Let's see we got another one, Chris, I do who is it. It's Brandon and Sulfur Springs.
Speaker 6: Okay, Brandon Springs is.
Speaker 14: Hey, guys, that's going great.
Speaker 6: How are you hey? Doing good? Doing good?
Speaker 13: I just want to say, man, look last week, don't guys tell me a little worried. I wouldn't too worried because I'd rather than have a game like that and early the season compared to later. So for this week, as long as they be professionals to take care of its like they're supposed to, I feel like they can win this game.
Speaker 7: What's your score?
Speaker 14: My score prediction will be twenty four to twenty Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Twenty four twenty. Appreciate the call, man, thanks for listening. Go pick that up whatever fell off that shelf, man. Our fans are surprisingly optimistic, man, I are they drinking the cool years?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 8: Our fans are desperate too, and they ain't trying to. They know what a loss would do. Just like we talked about the pharmacy coming in here all of a sudden, the pharmacy may not be a pharmacy because they looking at us like we're looking at them, you know.
Speaker 6: So, our fans are desperate, bro, They are desperate. They know we need to win.
Speaker 5: They're trying to win.
Speaker 6: Scores would be a little lower.
Speaker 5: You know, everybody's got it kind of a high score.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was thinking to be a little lord. I'm so one sided because you can tell, like you can tell a loss and you go, we are really better than them. We had a bad day, you know, schematically, we missed some things. You know, there was an interception we were supposed to have that we didn't get. You know that we cause a fumble on the ball bout seven times and we could have had it three times, and you know, stuff like that, and you'd be like, man, you know, there are moments when you can watch the game, like, if you're being honest with yourself, if you watch the Baltimore Ravens Vegas game, Baltimore, go back and watch that game and go, we blew that one. We're a better team than that. No way we going to the full quarter with that type of lead towards the end of the game and not finish the game. Right, those are things you can go back and go, we can we can right those wrongs. My biggest thing was it was it was a personnel issue.
Speaker 5: Why didn't you see that in the first game though, because.
Speaker 7: They didn't commit to the run. They tried to have the Shawn Jackson back to screet me Deshaun Watson, you know, be a quarterback, which fell into the hands of the Cowboys. They were like cool, you know, and that's why I like. But remember I said at the end of that, I said last week about the Baltimore game, I said, man, the one thing that bothered me was the way the Cowboys ended that game. They didn't they have thirty six yards in the second half, they ran the ball nons. I was like, man, I don't I said, that don't feel right. That don't that don't like when you when you beating the team like that, you're supposed to be able to do what New Orleans did to us. Hey, we about to run a four minute offense with sixteen minutes left. You know what's coming. We know what's coming, and nothing you can do about it. And I said, I said, man, something didn't I said that that that's that didn't feel right that, you know, like I said, we say, oh we shut it down.
Speaker 6: Da da da.
Speaker 7: I'm like, that didn't feel right to me, you know what I mean? And then when you watch this and you just watched the number of guys who are getting manhandled from twenty one Jump Street. That's the part that that has kind of gotten me. And then you think about, you know, one week, what what you got manhandled with? And then this week you come in and there's someone who actually does what happened to you last week better than the number one rushing team in the league. I mean number one. You'll stop the rushing in the league. But their their mode of operation is we want to run the football. I think that third in league in rushing, you know what I'm saying. So it's like that that's the part where I'm kind of like, I don't know if that's fixable A in a in a week and you take more guys, It wasn't like, oh I got I got prime Vince Warfurre back, you know what I mean? Like, nah, you don't have anything behind that. In fact, this is also another thing that we've consistently talked about for years. How long have we been begging and asking for a big greasy in the middle. Long time they could play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, all right, let's take a couple more before we get out of here, or give you our predictions and then get out of here.
Speaker 6: Who we got Chris, we got g from Jersey.
Speaker 5: Yay. What's up?
Speaker 1: Man up?
Speaker 14: What's up? Fellas A Jesse? If had I gone to the TPS with you last week, man, I would have been solo this week. Brother, So my bad. We hang out.
Speaker 7: It's all good.
Speaker 14: I didn't want to get in trouble man, But Fellas listen, I was at the stadium last week, and right away I noticed that the energy was different. I don't know, guys, I want you know, Nate and Jesse if you I mean Nate and Jesse. Yeah, if you can touch on this, the amount of distractions that the Cowboys have to face before the game. Right, I'm looking at the field and there's a thousand people on the field. Mike Tyson, Jake, Paul and the guys can't even get out the tunnel to warm up properly. Right, but the energy was so bad in the stadium. My opinion, the Boys win this week thirty to twenty four overtime victory because our best players are going to have a great game this week. The best players Micah dak CD Lamb and we need Jake Fergson to have good games. Guys, love you, guys, Thank you so much for everything y'all do on a day to day basis. Man, I'll hang up.
Speaker 6: Thank you. He hit every one of my keys.
Speaker 5: Thank you for the shure.
Speaker 6: You hit every g Yeah, G that was great. He hit everyone one of my keys. This ain't no, uh, this ain't not. This is not about role players this week.
Speaker 8: I mean they have to do their job so that these players he just talked about have to shine, They have to take over the game.
Speaker 6: I just believe that.
Speaker 5: What do you think about the distractions to me not being a player? I think once it's game day, like all that stuff. Yeah, there's a lot more here, but like are you are you so focused on game day that that doesn't matter what's going on? Or does that take away from your focus? And you know, if you're the I mean that's that's every day.
Speaker 7: If you're the New York Giants, there's people on the field always at New York games, right, Like you're talking about the media Capital world, jay Z's out there. Yeah, Giants, Jets, guys are always out there. You go to Vegas, you go to LA there's always people you know, populating around and you know and being around. I get that this is America team and it's a lot going on right before the game. Jerry's previewing the Jake Paul and and Mike Tyson fighting. He's standing there kind of being in the mediator between the middle for photo wops and so on and so forth from Tom Brady is what this ain't nothing new. This is this is what happens here. This is this is the this is the circus.
Speaker 6: Who are we come on? Fellas?
Speaker 8: Uh uh no, man, this has been going on since President's ex President's right.
Speaker 6: Just as of the piece, I mean, you name it.
Speaker 5: I always find it amazing. Like people fans think that that's a what what they quote unquote call a distraction. But if Micah sees the Undertaker on the sideline during warm ups and he walks over and goes, hey, man, nice to meet you. I'm a big fan. When when the game kicks off, like, I mean, he ain't missing stretching.
Speaker 6: He walked away. It's not it's not that big of a walk away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not like he's out on the field going man, did you see the Undertaker over there? Now, maybe on the side line before the game, but I mean when that game starts, you lock.
Speaker 6: That stuff doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: So unless you see that little shorty like in roll four that you keep getting that second love you.
Speaker 6: It's amazing how you can lock it right right when you walk. You can be upset all you want with you.
Speaker 7: By God, you tell one of the young boy hey, hey.
Speaker 6: Go take this glove.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Now you tell when the prank squad, Hey, yeah.
Speaker 6: You see home me up there. Yeah, they won't say a girl. You see homee me up there? You see home me in the what's a girl? All right?
Speaker 5: Fellas, it's that time, Chris, get everybody's picks in the back will come to you in just a second.
Speaker 6: Nate, by the skin of our teeth, skin of the tee, skin of.
Speaker 8: The te You think high scoring? Yes, you think gonna be h because neither team has scored a lot of points.
Speaker 5: Kurt Is giving his pick. Baltimore twenty, Dallas seventeen. Save me and Jesse for last, Chris.
Speaker 6: What you got? I got?
Speaker 5: Thirty one, twenty eight, Dallas thirty one. Everybody's going high scoring?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Why so high?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 5: Watched last week? Who's uh? What's Josh got?
Speaker 6: Josh?
Speaker 7: We got?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry?
Speaker 7: Baltimore twenty seven, Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Twenty twenty seven, Jo Jazz jazz you threw man? What's jazz got?
Speaker 6: We got?
Speaker 5: Twenty one nineteen twenty one, teen nineteen all right, Jesse uh twenty eight twenty Bottomo Baltimore twenty eight twenty And I'm going to be optimistic and I'm going to say Cowboys twenty four to twenty three. I think, I think, I think the playmakers have got to step up.
Speaker 7: And I just I hope I'm wrong.
Speaker 5: If they run the ball thirty times with Dereck kN You're ready, Chris, He's not running at thirty times.
Speaker 7: You're ready, Chris, I.
Speaker 5: Think that's gonna be bad news. So fellas, good show, Kurt, we missed you.
Speaker 6: Man, Hey, somebody better remove Josh Man. Can we get rid of that cat?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 6: Tomorrow tomorrow?
Speaker 5: See you guys tomorrow night. What's our guys name?
Speaker 7: Colin Jack?
Speaker 6: So we're just going to have fun, laugh, take a few pictures, Okay, okay, get that eating. I don't nobody know for but I'm on the show.
Speaker 5: Chris, You're going You're gonna make it, cauld I crack jokes tomorrow.
Speaker 7: If you if you want to talk to the wife, if you ain't, if you ain't yourself, I don't want you. I want you to be you.
Speaker 6: I want you to be sentlement everybody, Okay, I want.
Speaker 1: You to be you.
Speaker 5: A good time, all right, Chris, thanks for keep us on their jazz. Josh, thanks for keeping him company. We will thank you victory Monday, and we will tell you this. If it's like last week, we may not do a show.
Speaker 7: Money.
Speaker 6: I'm coming to get man, I'm gonna get mine. All right, we'll fire.
Speaker 5: We'll be here either way on Monday. Let's go Cowboys Victory Monday. See you then.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.