Speaker 1: Welcome and everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. It's meet Jill, we paid Joe Pisapia, and today we're gonna take a look at the outfielders. That's right, it's the ultimate outfield Guide. We're going to go through the outfield ones all the way to outfield five. There's gonna be some d h's in there as well, because that's how we roll. And of course helping me go all the way rolling down the hill is the Welsh, your favorite everybody. Let's hear three cheers for the Welsh. I love that there's no three cheers for anybody anything like a hip hip paraye. Yeah, like we don't get a good old three cheers for anyone. Let's bring that back this year. I'm leading off.
Speaker 2: How would we do that? We're gonna do paray, yeah, sound something or.
Speaker 1: Just cheer three times? I don't know, we'll figure that out.
Speaker 2: We've got hip hip paraye the same as three cheers. What is what would you do if you three cheered hooray, hooray, hooray.
Speaker 1: Yeah that let that does feel awkward. That wanted you to do it. I really wanted you to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was super awkward. How about just hip hit paray.
Speaker 1: What won't be awkward, of course is this show the rest of it? Well, actually no guarantees on that, but we are gonna go ahead and we're gonna talk about these outfielders, our favorite draft picks to make our tiers where we have the drop offs even within these groupings. Here of the outfielders, and again you can see all these ranks at fantasypros dot com on the MLB ranking side. Don't forget. Also, as you're drafting your teams, sink your leagues for free. Use the Fantasy Pros Baseball My Playbook. You can manage all of your fantasy baseball teams on your yahoos and your CBS's and your espns or wherever the heck you play, all in one spot, set all your lineups, look for your free agents on one app. You say yes, I say that's correct, so go do that. Also, don't forget as well. Draft Wizard is open for business Fantasypros dot Com slash mock. You can also download the Draft Wizard app as well, and of course, the Draftkit is free and available at Fantasypros dot com slash Draft Kit and remember, when you're a Premium Fantasy Pros member, you'll get upgraded tools for all of the above, including the amazing draft software, so you can never screw up a draft ever in the history of the universe. So Welsh the outfielders last year, this was a tricky group. Certainly some outfielders were very excited about, but then the bottom kind of fell off. I feel like when we're looking at this group this year, I feel a little bit better. I also feel like we're getting some youth influx here that's going to help things as the season goes on, especially some better health excuse me, from some guys like Riley Green and a few others could also be exactly what this position needs. Would you agree?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And there's there's other like little sneaky things we're not going to talk about here, but like Byron Buxton is going to be playing in the outfield this year if he plays, so he'll requalify. There's other sneaky things to look out for. It was announce over in Padres Camp. Padres have like one registered outfielder right now in Fernando Tatis Junior. That Jackson Merrill, top infield shortstop prospect is going to play in the outfield. So that's another guy that's going to play in the outfield. So it's coming back to say that like this position, it can get away from you, and that's my biggest problem with it. But there are sneaks. Stop with the Bucks and I know some.
Speaker 1: I'm not even laughing about Buckston. What I'm laughing about he said, it's only one registered outfielder. And all I can think about, does he have to go to all the other teams and tell everyone that he's a registered outfielder.
Speaker 2: Yea, they have to have a list and everything like that. Yeah, Joe, it's a great one. That's a really good one. I think he did. Then that's why they're bringing some others in. But yes, depth is the question here. Five outfielder versus three outfielder, those are the question. And will go through them because the tippy top looks great. There are some sneaky sneaks later there. But I promise you this position can get away from you in drafts because of what the entirety of this board looks like. When you attack pitchers, when you attack infield, stolen bases, you can go. You can be into like the seventh round and go, oh my, where are my outfielders? And then you're out field two and three way far behind. And you can be but you have to be behind somewhere in your positions. But it ain't great when you got five outfielders that you're dealing with.
Speaker 1: All right, let's start here before we get canceled on the show. Let's start with Ronald Acunya. I mean he is Okay, here's maybe a dumb question. Is Acunya a tier unto himself? How does forty seven question? I mean he is. Of course he is well because it was such an incredible year last year. And I mean, look when you when you make that jump, like he had forty one home runs back in twenty nineteen, right, but he has never hit thirty cents. And I know we had the COVID short year, but still, I mean, this is the guy who's batting average jumped to the highest that's ever been at three thirty eight. The stolen bases double almost anything he's ever done. Thirty seven was his previous career high. I mean that that is the one thing you ask yourself. It's like, is it repeatable and sustainable? Probably not? But if he gets ninety percent of it, He's probably still in the tier above himself right onto it.
Speaker 2: Remember, yeah, I remember that story I told where we were talking with some of the dev team about projections and it kind of became about Otani in this dynasty way and it was like, hey, you know, Otani, should he be worth this? And it's like, well, he is two players, and my argument was like, well, hey, here's what we have to do. We have to bring Otani to the same ish level as Akunya because Akunya performed like two offensive players. I mean, just we do this thing where we can cut it like I always love to do this, look at a player's performance from a year that was that was high and then say, okay, what does this guy look like if you cut off ten to fifteen percent of the production. Okay, this is the guy. Blah blah blah. You take a fifty percent of the production and it's still like thirty something stolen bases is.
Speaker 1: Something deals with twenty homers. It is fifty something RBI, but it's like c J Abrams, but it's seventy something run scored, so it's still like it is j Abrams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like Abrams it's like two abrams put together. So Acunya performs at a level of like two players. You absolutely can always and you should ask can a guy repeat? But I do look at this and I go, this is who if this guy wants to be in these new rules, this is where he went, and how much production can you cut off until you find your reasoning why you wouldn't take him number one? And I think it's a big number. Acunya is the clear cut number one. I ain't trying to get cute here. He performs at two levels so much so. And I know I've said this once or twice, but he had brought up conversation where people wanted to create three third round reversals in leagues because it wasn't fair.
Speaker 1: Oh oh god.
Speaker 2: I would never do that, that's silly. But I saw that conversation popping up.
Speaker 1: I got your third round reversal right here, buddy, All right, let's go to the next grouping here. So Acunya an island after that. Julio Rodriguez, Corbyn Carroll, our Boy, Mookie Betts, Kyle Tucker, Fernando Tatis at seven. You've got Aaron Judge Jan Sota at eight Alvarez at nine and then Luis Robert at ten. To me, this is the top ten? Is that grouping two to ten? That is so if one is the superlative tier in Acunya, this is the A tier right after that? Would you agree?
Speaker 2: Yes? But as my teas work, could I see myself taking je Soto in any scenario over Julio Rodriguez. It's way closer than what we did in the Ultimate Infield Guide, which you guys can go check out on podcasts or YouTube right now. Go do that. It's way closer. But the answer is no. So in that these are this core, Julio Carrol and Bets are their own tier. In my mind, I don't deviate from those three. It is always those three. So it's Julio Carrol, Bets, and then it's Tucker Tatis, Judge Soto that's the next tier, and then it goes to the other guys you mentioned. But like these are the names, there isn't I'm not taking a guy off and I'm not gonna but that's how I break them apart. But these are the dudes.
Speaker 1: I already have bet Julio Drigez for ALMVP again just like I did last year, I anticipated Showeotana getting traded, and I still hold true. If Otani did get traded like you should have, I think Julio second half would have spoken volumes. It would have a very interesting conversation. But I don't think we've seen the best out of Julio Rodriguez yet, which is scary for the rest of the league. So obviously this group is great. These are all first round picks basically, So I mean, we can't split hairs over either of them because I don't have any hairs to split anymore literally, but you still you have plenty. Let's take a quick break in the action to tell you about fan Tracks, the most customizable fantasy platform in the industry, offering the greatest fantasy experience for your dynasty keeper, redraft and best ball leagues. Create or join a Fantasy Baseball Commissioner league, invite your friends, and dominate your draft this season. Fan tracks Free MLB League Manager is the most customizable, easy to use, and feature rich platform in the industry. If there's anything lacking in your current fantasy league manager, fan Tracks likely has it. Go deep with the ultimate keeper and dynasty leagues. Create a simple redraft league or even a customizable Best Ball league with up to two thousand teams. And if you're coming from another service, fan Tracks can import any of your current leagues and customize them as needed. Fantasy sports doesn't sleep, neither does fan Tracks. With seasons running three hundred and sixty five days a year, many have already renewed, scheduled their drafts, continued trading of players, draft picks, et cetera. There's a reason why fantasy players who try fan Tracks make it their permanent home for all their fantasy leagues. Sign up for free today and be entered to win the fan Tracks Game day experience, where fan Tracks will send you and your league to an MLB game of your choice. Simply go to fantracks dot com slash Fantasy Pros and sign up today. That's fantracks dot com slash Fantasy Pros, fan Tracks, the home of fantasy sports. And now back to the action. Michael Harris comes in eleven, Randy Rose arena at twelve. So between those two guys, who are you taking Harris or a Rose Arena?
Speaker 2: Michael Harris, he is one of my draft day targets. I absolutely love him. The only thing that gets me off of him. Is if I like went in a different territory like pitching, pitching third round pitching in fifteen team leagues is ten tends to be where I want to go. But I do want Michael Harris. We talked about it with Ario Cohen on the ATC Projection Show here that he performs at essentially a first round value. We did that thing where I broke it down guys that hit two eighty go twenty twenty in the outfield. There were four that did it last year. The other three we already talked about in the outfield. Michael Harris is the fourth. I think he's going to bounce back even bigger this year. I love the team to run ballpark factor is great. Harris is going to hit a little bit higher in the lineup than some of the other guys, like the I talked about Jared Kellnick in an episode that I think he's going to bounce back up that. I love Michael Harris. I'd love to target him. I love to get a value on him. And the high batting average really gives him a floor that he just doesn't hurt you anywhere.
Speaker 1: Now forty point different than batting average between Harris and rose A Raina, I begrudgingly agree with you, but you know I love Randy Roseraina. He's just fun. Next one at at least is gonna see at thirteen, Nolan Jones at fourteen, Mike Trout at fifteen. Let's stop here, Mike Trout. Welch's it's come to this. I feel like this is where we are. So last year only played eighty two games. When he did play on the field, you know, eighteen homers, forty four ribbies, fifty four run score to sixty three batting average of the fast Bros. Projections right now on FP have him at eighty eight runs, thirty four homers, eighty seven RBI. We know the stone bases are gone hitting two sixty three. Where are you at with Trout? Is Trout somebody you think like this is a good value for him? Or is Trout somebody where you're just saying, you know what, I just can't take this roller coaster anymore with the injuries, and now he is like a Kunya on island, unto himself, but not in a good way, because the rest of this Angels team is not good. Welsh.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of people He's kind of become like the Degram of hitters in some degree where people are like, I just can't do it. When he's on and when he plays, he performs at a high level, and I hate doing this because like I tend to defend de Grom and then he gets hurt, and it's everything that everybody said, I'm right because he's the best player on the planet when he's playing, and then he gets hurt, like everybody said, So this just leads back to like, yeah, I'm of course I'm going to be back on Mike Trout. This is the cheapest you have ever gotten Mike Trout outside of like, you know, the rookie year when he was saying.
Speaker 1: I'm a tempted, Like that's how cheap I'm a tempted.
Speaker 2: But like as you should be, because he is a high thirty to forty home run hitter. Even with bad players around him, he can pull ninety ninety. He doesn't run anymore. That's gone, and I think the average can improve a little bit. I think he might be a little less swing heavy, but it's the playing time and that's what you're gonna have to come to terms with. If I took Ellie de la Cruz and I had Jazz Chisholm. I don't think I'm gonna take Mike Trout. But if I had a lot of safe options, if I took the Freddy free like I took Freddy Freeman in the first and I took you know whatever, Bryce Harper in the second, or I guess I wouldn't take two first basemen Raphael Devers in the second. I'm the little depleted of stolen bases. Hopefully i'd make it up earlier, but like I could, I think it's calculated risks with players. To me, Mike Trout is worth a calculated risk. It's just is that at the expense of other worthwhile risks. You'll already I think you'll already know the bats that are risky by the time you get to Trout, to know if you can do it, then it may becomes trump.
Speaker 1: That makes a difference. I would say this too, and I can't believe I'm going to say these words, and I'm might live to regret them. In roto leagues. I can't justify taking Trout over Chisholm. I just can't do it. Yeah, too much, I think those are right the batting average is not going to be that far apart. They both are huge injury risks. One is much younger. I just I can't. I can't justify it, and I know that might.
Speaker 2: Be for the stolen bases. I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get Like I said, because roto leagues, I can't head to head or season along. I can't justify Trout over Chisholm. I can justify Trout Sam Bellinger that I can do a little bit easier. Who's next on this list at seventeen? Christian Yelich at eighteen, coming off a year where he was nineteen homers twenty eight stolen bases, hit two seventy eight, so a bounce back year for him, no doubt, and it's been a while, like this is his best season since twenty nineteen. Are you buying Yelich's bounce back?
Speaker 2: I guess I wouldn't say buying because if I were buying, I think I would be like hyper aggressive on Yelich, and I don't feel hyper aggressive. I mean, seventeen stolen bases are seventeen homers twenty three stolen bases is the projection on the bat X, which of single aggregate pretty inctions was the highest ranked according to Fantasy pros last year, so those aren't extreme numbers. I think the batting average could dip. I actually think the stolen bases might dip a little bit. I think Yelich is coming to the point where he does need to pick a side. He needs to pick a side. Is he gonna is the power gonna go and he's gonna work it through the legs and be a higher batting average guy, or are the legs gonna go and he's gonna work on this side of being a bigger power hitter and maybe selling out a little bit more. And I think that deficiency with the injury stuff might be a problem. I'm fine. I really am indifferent about Yelich. Like if I come into a spot and he's fallen a little bit, I kind of want a value on him, and he makes sense for the roster construction, I'll do it. He's definitely not a drafted target for me, though.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. I like him at this ADP And in some ways I actually feel better about him than I do about chishm or Trout because he did play one hundred and forty four games last year, undred and fifty four last the year before, and you know in both of them, you know did show stolen base potential nineteen seals in twenty twenty two twenty eight last year, the batting average did make some progress there. So I think Yelich is just fine. In fact, this is another guy too that I feel like in those salary cap leagues that he's kind of going to be undervalued, and I think he'll come at a really nice return on investment. Like you're looking for a solid I think you can pay for number three outfielder price and get Yellich as your second outfielder, if that makes sense. I think that's what I'm getting at.
Speaker 2: If you could get a burger today and pay for it tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yes again, Josh Lowe at nineteen. Kyle Schwarber, who defies gravity too. I mean, how this guy hits a buck ninety and still can put up you know, one hundred hundred and forty bi.
Speaker 2: I don't know it wasn't he the first player to like hit forty under two, under hit undertwo something like.
Speaker 1: That, one ninety seven? But how how he scored one hundred and eight runs? I mean, I know you have forty seven homers while there you go, there's fifty percent of them right now, but that's it, Like he is those true outcomes. So he is one of those dangers of roster construction. You just have to account for it. After Schwarber continuing on our list here, Brian Reynolds, Nick Casiano, Saya Suzuki, and George Springer close out outfield too. So of this grouping from Garcia to Springer, who's your favorite guy in this tier?
Speaker 2: Probably? Oh, you added Adalise.
Speaker 1: Well at least was at thirteen. So if you want to like I say, no, I want the premium guy. I'm not gonna wait. Like you basically have two ways to go about this. You can go ahead with the premium guy in Garcia. You can go in the mid range with Yelich and just kind of get by, which is understandable. Or you go to that next grouping here towards the end and say, okay, Casianos, excuse me, Brian Reynolds and those guys are serviceable outfield twos.
Speaker 2: So there's two guys that I like, and I probably pair them together and they're probably the targets. It's my trout, like I mentioned risky in my words. And then the opposite of that, Brian Reynolds. I have Brian Reynolds. I think on every roster construction I've done so far, as far as NFBC, like DC's and fifties go, Brian Reynolds has been like a major target of mine because that is a floor out fielder who does a little bit of everything, a little bit of runs, a little bit of RBI, good batting average, twenty plus homers, ten plus stolen bases, not as sexy as some of these other guys, but it mitigates some of the risk. Most likely, if you've been listening, you can tell at some point, I'm gonna take a shot. I'm gonna take a risk somewhere. It could be a picture, it could be Trout, it could be an led La Cruz. I'm gonna take it somewhere. So you've got to have your back up in my mind, you have to have your backup plan of who are the safe options that help that. There are some pictures that we'll talk about in the next episode, and there's hitters, and Brian Reynolds, to me is one of those hitters. That's a good like all right, I can take a breath. This guy's gonna help fix some of the problems if things don't work out with what identify I took Kyle Schwarber and all that. By the way, if Kyle shr if you didn't look at his batting average, Kyle Schwarber was an elite three category player. Elite elie I mean we talked about.
Speaker 1: Last was such a deficit, you know when he doesn't steal bases really so you know.
Speaker 2: You know what he is. He's the power hitting version of kind of like Nico Horner where I was. I admit in the last episode, Nico Horner is not quite elite in three categories, but he's high up. He's like elite stolen bases, really good batting average and maybe elite runs. And that's three categories. The other stink, Well that's Kyle Schwarber, and he stinks stolen bases and stinks in batting average. But if I were to take one of those type of guys, specifically Shorber, Brian Reynolds is a great backbone for that because he just evens it out.
Speaker 1: If I was in a deep three outfielder league, three active outfielders, I think Yelich, Brian Reynolds and then taking a shot at Riley Green later on the draft was exactly the kind of boys I'd like to go, like if I missed out early on the big album.
Speaker 2: Ya, I was about to say, if you go late, because the strategy is a little bit different. Five to three outfielders.
Speaker 1: It is, it is, But I'm just saying if it's If that's the format, I think that makes some sense in terms of getting the best bang for your buck. I'm with you one hundred percent. I've always been a Brian Reynolds guy. Everybody who's watching the show for years knows that steady floor things you can count on, and Reynolds has been that dude. All right. The outfield threes this is where we start to get a little wacky. Here. You gotta see some guys here with some positives and some negatives attached to them, and also some guys that you're not exactly sure where they're gonna play. Spencer Steeer at twenty five, Evan Carter twenty six. I've already voiced my concerns about him, Jordan Walker at twenty seven, Lane Thomas at twenty eight, Tiascar Hernandez at twenty nine, Anthony Santan dere at thirty let's stop here. I want to compare the Baltimore guys because Mullins is at thirty one. I want to talk about this first grouping here. You were a big Jordan Walker guy. Last year. It was a you know, getting sent up and down kind of year, filling out, you know, the first year of his MLB service time. Do you think Jordan Walker is ready to hit the ground running in twenty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he was sent down because of the defense, Like he was hitting two seventy eight. I think at the time he was sent down and we were like, whoa. You see a lot of young players struggle with getting the ball up in the air. Sometimes you're gonna see them struggle with barreling, and that's just something that time takes. That's one of the arguments for Eli Da La Cruise. Eli Day La Cruz had like sky high ground ball rate, three degree launch angle, low bit. Those are things that improve over time as long as you are a competent hitter, and Jordan Walker is like an incredibly competent hitter, been working all off season getting bigger. I think Mason Wynn had put out the report shortstop for the Cardinals that he was. I think he put on like fifteen to twenty pounds of muscle this offseason. He's got incredibly, incredibly great bat speed with a contact approach that's going to hit for power, salt in person in the AFL, I love Jordan. I think Jordan Walker's a twenty twenty guy this year. I'm in on him big time. And I will say my other favorite, just to throw it out. I love Taoscar Hernandez. I really really do. Taoscar Hernandez goes into a I think it's a better for right handed hitters, or at least comp Oh no, no, because it's a Seattle exponentially better ballpark factor. I was thinking Toronto exponentially better ballpark factor. Going from Seattle, which is the worst, and going to the Dodgers, which is a mid pack team, good hard hit numbers, he's essentially on part with where he's been when he was in Toronto, you know, the year before he hit thirty five homers. Similar factors in LA. And you go into that lineup that may want to not attack some of the top end of the of the staffs and also may want to attack harder the back end of the lineup, so they're not giving extra opportunities to get Otani and get bets up. All I'm saying is like, I think to Oscar Hernandez is gonna hit thirty plus this year. I think he's gonna come back in it. And it was a great signing by the Dodger. So I really love his new destination.
Speaker 1: You know, I remember when the Otani signing happened. I think I said to you, I was like, you know, I still feel like that lineups a little top heavy. When we start making signs like this, it starts to length in that lineup, like it just it just really does makes a big difference there. So we're in agreement there. Santander A another big power season. Cedric Mullins a down year for him, with Hestin kirs Dad, with some of the other talent that you have. You know in this mix, is Mullins in danger of maybe getting dell tire or losing out some playing time coming off a year we hit just two thirty three, the stolen bases were down. I know he had some injuries, he only played one hundred and sixteen games, but still, do you think Mullins is a guy that isn't long for Baltimore or do you think they say, no, Mullins is our guy, bad year right off, and he might actually suppress the value of some of the youth in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good question. I kind of find it hard to believe that, like the team would trade like another veteran, Like you're just gonna have a bunch of like twenty two year olds like running around like it's like a college team. Maybe they do. I think Mullins is still like a top end of the lineup type of hitter. He still steals bases. I think they believe in him. Defensively works. I think he would more suppress the Colton Kowsers of the world than them want to move them, especially because they're Pennant running this year like they're going for it now. If Baltimore just completely falls apart, yeah, I think Mullins is gone. I think he's absolutely gone. And I don't think that's gonna happen with Baltimore. I think they have a legit shot to win this division, but if it did, that would be the spot. He's another one of those guys. Mullens is kind of like he's in that not super exciting major target. But we maybe should pay attention because these are like twenty plus stolen bases outside of the top one hundred, and we really should pay attention to those type of players. So there might be some potential, but I just don't know if the struggles are gonna keep him at the top of a lineup. I think that's where you're gonna fall apart. Like I think Jackson Holiday is making the opening day roster. You've got Gunner Hender you know, you got a lot of like interesting bats there.
Speaker 1: Take me through the Orioles opening day, like, Okay, Jackson Holliday makes the roster. We know where Gunner Henders is gonna play, like, you know, like we know some of the things already, like who gets squeezed. Somebody's got to get sqeezed somewhere here.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we'll go over to roster resource. Right now. They current And by the way, we found out that Holiday isn't play second base for the team, not shortstop. So here's how the lineup works and roster resource. They've got Gunner leading off, They've got Adlee hitting two. I think that's locked. You've got Santander at three, and then it goes, Oh, Hernon Hayes that ain't locked. Mullins is hitting six, mount Castle at seven, Jackson Holiday at eight, and Jordan Wag at nine, So there is room.
Speaker 1: For you're kind of locking him Mountcastle at DH because that's kind of where you want him.
Speaker 2: I feel like, yeah, well, because I got a Herne at first, but that could be Heston Kerstadt. I do think there's a possibility that what you could do is you could have Mullens laid off Adlee at two and Gunner at three, So there is I think there's room for that improvement to happen with Cedric Mullins, and there's still kind of some lineup. If you look at that lineup, you go, he's not necessarily holding anybody back, like they might get right rid of Austin Hayes before they get rid of Cedric Mullins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Heston Kirstadt is the guy that I keep coming back to. I told you I like that player a lot and very excited to see him this year. All right, So let's continue on with this grouping here, because after the Baltimore guy's at thirty two, you have Ian Happ Suri Ruiz thirty three, overall all TJ. Friedel at thirty four, Riley Greed at thirty five, So Leira thirty six, who just signed with San Francisco as of us recording this. So again, this is where the drop off is, Ruiz. You know a guy one dimensional like he's there for stone bases, but for a guy who steels as many bases, you know, he's not scoring enough runs. At the same time, Green is the guy that I circle on this list. I think we started to see the potential that I don't think this ADP is going to hold or this ranking is going to hold as we get deeper into March. Would you agree with that statement that Green is one of these guys that you know is going to be you know, people start to see him. That's gonna start to get talked about more in the fantasy baseball community. That ADP the ranking, everything's going to rise. So now is you're kind of your best value early on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure he'll be a massive, massive riser, but he will. And I agree with you, this is the guy. This is the guy that I would target the two guys of all the guys you said in this grouping, I like Riley Green, and I actually really like Jorge Solaire. He's just a guy kind of continuously trying to get late power from He's got a team he's locked in, gonna hit in a prominent spot in the lineup for the Giants. I mean, I think the best hitting environment. But that's fine. I'm totally into him. But Riley Green is a player that I want. He's ranked higher than what he is his ADP is going for, which is a really odd one. He's one of the biggest risers on that and a big hard hit numbers. Barreling health was a problem. I think he's going to get over that twenty mark. I personally think he's going to hit over twenty five this year. I just don't know if they'll be like hype around a Tigers outfielder that's gonna make him go crazy. But I won't disagree with you saying this is the best time because like his ADP's around. I think it's one thirty four on Fantasy Pro's ADP, the consensus ADP.
Speaker 1: And thirty fifth player overall one hundred and seventy in ADP consensus right now.
Speaker 2: I don't love it if he gets inside the top one hundred or something like that. So yeah, take him now and you.
Speaker 1: Might get him at a better one seventy average ADP. Like, I think he's going to outperform that, Like I just do. I think he's he's a better player than that. I think he's a guy that has twenty twenty potential. You saw the batting average come up last year. I think Riley Green's finally starting to figure it out. And look, that's great because you know Torkolsen figured out in the second half last year. I want the Tigers to be respectable again. You know, I grew up in the eighties and the Tigers had some respectable teams, Like this is a good you know, the pitchers have not panned out, you know they really.
Speaker 2: Well, they got scooball the Colt Keith is going.
Speaker 1: To be in the line. No, but I'm talking about like that Manning group, like all those guys that were coming through, Like oh yeah, Casey, none of those guys have worked out the way that you know we thought once upon a time. All right, outfield four, here we go. This grouping starts with number thirty seven, Masatake Yoshida than James Outman at thirty nine, Chas McCormick at thirty nine and Jackson Churio at forty. Let's stop there. Uh look, I know he's just a boy, but Churio is a special player. I think this is too low Welsh. What do you think I think he's Yeah, I understand that. Okay, okay, let's rank him at forty. I get it. But to me, he's much closer to twenty than he is to forty in terms of rank.
Speaker 2: So my caveat always is totally I'm a prospect person, but I don't typically hone in on prospects in redraft leagues except when their values. And you know, Corbyn Carroll ended up not being well, he ended up being in value because he just completely destroyed all expectations. But like he jumped in to the top fifty, and when these guys, you know, further further up, that makes it tough. Here's the deal, though, none of these guys are why at Langford's Jackson Curio, Jackson Holiday, They're not jumping up because people are a little bit timid because they're not getting what they want to hear, guaranteed roster spot. But Churio's got the contract. Murphy, well, but he's got a hard ass in Pat Murphy being his coach, So like that's a little like if there's a guy that would you know, didn't run out a ball that would probably bench him, it would be Pat Murphy. But my point is is, like these guys aren't being given the extra benefit because if Jackson Chiroo had a guaranteed spot, I don't see how anyone would let him slip out the top one hundred. Same thing with Jackson Holiday, same thing with Langford, and same thing with Junior Camenaro. They're all late. So because of that, I'm targeting them. I won't take them all because that is way too much risk. But Jackson Curio is a great power speed combination. He has some strikeout issues that I think could still be prevalent, but he has the best fantasy combination of tools I think than any of these guys. So absolutely I'm in on, sure you go if I can get him. The only problem is he's the number one of the rookies, not counting Evan Carter, but the other four. He's the number one of those guys that is going right now because of the extended contract.
Speaker 1: As you should. Brandon Nimmo a forty one, really solid player. That's sort of the like he should be in the top forty I think, because I mean, do you feel better about Outman or Nimo? I feel better about Nimo.
Speaker 2: Well, Nemo safer if I want batting average and runs, Nemo safer. But I think Outman has louder counting stat potential. But he's in hit at the again. Hitting at the bottom of a Dodgers lineup, though, just doesn't mean anything. It's like the Braves too, It's like that I'd rather that than hitting four for the Pirates.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't know, I understand that thought process, but I just feel I'll take the safer Nimo over Outman, Who's a couple of spots ahead of Nimo right now in points leagues especially too. Neimo's a very safe player. Forty two Barcelo Zoner than Tommy Edmund, Jared Duran, Lars Newt, bar Stephen Kwan, Wyatt Langford, and Chris Morrell at forty eight. You're a big new bar guy last year. What do you think about him at forty five this year?
Speaker 2: I'm still down with the Newt. I really want him to be able to you know, I really want him to do. I heard this rumor when he was in the AFL a couple years ago that he had trademarked Duke Bar as a protein bar and it never came to fruition. I want him to make that bar, and I want the Newt bar, but I want new Bar to start implementing a lot of that drive line stuff that he's been doing while taking batted balls, hard hitted batted balls and putting them in the air, and the Homers to start going.
Speaker 1: It feels like a bounce back for the Cardinals this year, doesn't it Like it made some of those like I know they were aggressive on the pitching market with all the veterans they signed, right the Grays and the Lynns and all these guys they brought in there, Like I think they were like, look, you know, especially once Corbyn Burns is now out of that Division two. I don't know, but it feels like Saint louis so back in.
Speaker 2: This might be like super annoying to hear for anybody, but just as if you want anecdotal stuff like there's no WBC this year, you know, new Bar was gone and Goldie was playing for teams like I'm not saying that that has to be a distraction, but there's maybe that was a small setback to the focus, the concentration and where Nutbar needed to be. That's just kind of like narrating what I want to happen. But guess what, he's outside the top forty. I think he's a great outfield option to target, as do I Jared Duran. Jaron Duran is a huge target for me as well. That by the way, rumors that the Padres were talking to them about Jared Duran really which would be really interesting with the Red Sox. But Duran is almost guaranteed full time playing time, big stolen based numbers, had huge hard hit numbers last year. I think he's ready to take a big fantasy jump. It'll be interesting though if he were to be traded. I don't know how I would feel about that that a Red Sox team. Again, it's just rumors. It may not happen, but Red Sox team giving up on him like that, But I'd be a pretty powerful offense either way. Neotbar and Duran, I'll take both of them.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like the Red Sox have much of a plan anymore. Isn't just me like that front offense. Ever since the Moviie trade, I still trying to figure out what the hell they're doing. I think you can.
Speaker 2: I think the fans are doing the same thing.
Speaker 1: I think you could circle the Mookie Bets trade, and ever since you're watching the Red Sox just slowly kind of just throw their hands up, like we don't really have a plan.
Speaker 2: Here, you know. Management they brought in Kyle Body, who was a creator of drive Line, and he can probably do some wonders with that pitching staff. So that's a first start. Craig Breslow is going to be there. That's a really good start. I do think what they probably look at they look at an offense that doesn't fit what they're looking for long term. It's like we have Devers, we have Cassas, and then we just have stuff. They have minor leaguers on the way, but I don't know. I don't know where Duran fits. I don't know where some of these guys fit for them. So I agree with you. I don't know if offensively they've built quite enough of a plan where I think they feel okay where they are pitching.
Speaker 1: Whyat Langford to forty seven, that's a player we're both high on. Let's talk about why at Langford your expectations here. Again, you might have to be patient, but at forty seven overall on the outfield list, you think that's good enough for patience to pay off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. I pushed him up really high at one point early in the year, I talked myself down a little bit as they've poured some cold water on potentially him starting out. Also, this might seem stupid, but like Seger, maybe having you to start at DH might give one less opportunity for Langford and they may want some you know, they may want an extra, an extra infielder to cover for shortstop with Sieger not being able to play it. So maybe that is the reason that they push Langford out to start the year. But I do think he is up within the first month unless he struggles, and I think he has a better opportunity to win an Ale Rookie the Year than I do Evan Carter. And maybe I'm just being too negative, Nancy, but I placed a future on Rookie of the Year future on Why at Langford a little bit earlier in the year. So I'm big, big obp skills, big power, trouty type of body to me, and he's running. Yeah, he looks like the real deal. But we need a bigger sample size, and I think it might start in the minors before the majors. But I'll still take it in the late forties because we're now in a space where like you can replace, you could take him, and you can replace for a short period of time.
Speaker 1: Closing out outfield five here now forty eight. We just did morel So after that, Kerry Carpenter at forty nine. Then Eloia Menez who's gonna be dhing at fifty var show at fifty one again, check your leagues for local listings of eligibility lords Guriel, then Tyler o'near, Jared Kellnick, who's now with the Atlanta Braves. What do you make of that trade in the off season, That's what we really haven't talked about much. Many you know, start off real hot. Everyone thought, Okay, we're all good. He's finally figured it out, and then you know, kind of right back to square one. It feels like a lot. Then when an organization like the Braves comes around and picks you up, I'm always very intrigued. It's like when the rays sign a pitcher. You know, it was a conversation we had last year about Efflyn. I was like, oh, I'm really excited about effeled with Tampa. Uh just well, certain organizations just kind of have a way of magic wand that they wave and all of a sudden, these guys we should come useful again.
Speaker 2: I would say, I don't want to like bury it or repeat, so like, go listen to the Bold Prediction Show. I have kell Nick segment in there, but suffice it to say I like it. I definitely like to move. And you know, one of the negatives to the trade very early on was oh he might platoon with von Grissom. Grism's gone. He traded on to Boston.
Speaker 1: So that to Boston to Boston, how he feels a good trade?
Speaker 2: That was a good trade.
Speaker 1: I guess von Grisson to me, I'm not you know, I'm not a von Grissom guy. I just haven't been. We'll see, we'll see if I'm right or wrong. Guriel O'Neil Kelnick then Sewinsky at fifty five, Taylor Ward of fifty six, Starling Marte fifty seven, Jad Martinez still without a home. We'll see what happens is a thirty home run season for him. Again, these are DHS slash outfielders here. Utility guys were talking about as well. In the outfield, Max Kepler, Tavares, that's the top sixty here. Outside of sixty, their names like Brent Rooker, you know who had a really good power season, Giagarlos Stanton, who was still a big name, although in terms of playing games, like he had one hundred games last year, hit twenty four runs. Like he's kind of like a is what he is, almost like.
Speaker 2: A fun little scratcher, like a little it's like a two dollars scratcher, got you bet on.
Speaker 1: For a home run prop. He's not a guy I want on my fantasy team anymore. I feel like that's it. And then you have weird situations like Alex Vradugo with the Yankees. Now I can't believe Alex Vrdugo and Marcus Stroman or Yankees if there are two human beings that I feel like, in terms of their effervescence and personality don't really fit the historic I wish George Steinbrenner was still alive, Like I love to see that meeting between these guys that's gonna be really fascinting to see how to place out it really is, because they are very outspoken guys. Uh. Some people really like him in the clubhouse, some do not. And the Yankee culture, I don't know. You think there's like a change here going on the Yankee culture where I don't want to say they're getting desperate, but they're certainly opening themselves up to things maybe they weren't previously looking for in terms of player personalities that are now personnel decisions they have to make because there's deficits on this team they have to fill.
Speaker 2: You know, what's interesting about what you said is I don't think there's a real well reason.
Speaker 1: How many organizations now Dodgers red so right, Like he's bound a couple of times here.
Speaker 2: But but you know he was actually I remember here a little thing in the AFL when he was here years and years and years ago. He had one of the worst performances here. What I was gonna say is like, oh, you know what, the Yankees lack of leadership, Like Judge is not really like a leader, Garrett Cole not really a leader. Rizzozo percent can be, but that's not his deal right now.
Speaker 1: He's looking for to get paid.
Speaker 2: I didn't see any Yeah, I mean I saw I saw him a lot with the padres in and camp and stuff like that. And I mean you walk into a situation where Manny Machado is kind of like the leader and Tatis, but he never exemplified that. But like Rizzo might be the guy. My whole point was, like, it is interesting, that's a kind of leader list team, but Rizzo might be the guy that you worry about, those big personalities, kind of running a muck. But I hadn't really thought about like that, Rizzo. There's probably a lot of platoony that's going on Strowman and uh later outfield. Eh, That's why I want to try to get in on this. If I'm in a three outfielder league, I don't feel the pressure and the weight as much. But my strategy would be get one of the upper tier Ish guys. Then you could even play in the middle for like a Brian Reynolds, and then you could play a little bit deeper the Riley Greens that are falling. Give me Luis Robert, Brian Reynolds and Riley Green. Bam, we're good five outfielders. Where the pressure happens, the position can get behind you. You could take one good dude, Hey, I went out and I got Corbyn Carroll and now all of a sudden you let it go. You miss out on Brian Reynolds. And now your outfielder two is Riley Green, But then your outfielder three is you know, I mean, I guess I should look at this list here. Your outfielder three is Ian happ and then your outfielder four is further down here Tyler O'Neill, and your outfielder five is I really looking at John Carlos Stanton? Am I really looking at it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: So? I just don't want to let the position get too far ahead of me. So be more cognizant. If you're in a five outfielder, if you prioritize some of those guys a little bit early, you could have an advantage. But don't go nuts in three outfielder because there is some decent depth through the first thirty five or so. But where you know, Scott White I did an episode with he had said, you know, win in doubt, take outfield I think we've moved beyond that a little bit where we have a better understanding. But keep an eye like.
Speaker 1: Better than last round. Last year was terrifying. I think we all like.
Speaker 2: Neighborhood watch, feel like a neighborhood watch sign. But it's just like outfielder, like, just make sure we're all watching outfield better than last year.
Speaker 1: Again, some of the youth that's coming through here, I think it's a lot to be excited about. Some of the guys you know, getting healthy too, better than last year. Still a drop off, still clear, Still some land mines to you to avoid. But who are some of your favorites we want to hear from you? Drop your comments below in the YouTube channel. Let us know. Don't forget to subscribe to Fantasy Bros MLB. Yeah, and make sure you also ring that bell for notifications to Licko's ding because we've got Fantasy Fest coming up on the fifteenth of March. We've got Leading Off coming up right after that. Every single day the Welsh and I talk a baseball amazing times here over what's happening?
Speaker 2: How did that? How did we get to that spot?
Speaker 1: I don't know, we're here already. Uh, never sleep, that's for sure. From football to NFL draft coverage, now to baseball coverage here so my head is spinning here. But by all means, keep giving me crap about me mispronouncing one name over and over again on the name.
Speaker 2: You Reagan's Reagans. There we go.
Speaker 1: Me the YouTube comments because I got a thick skin and the time they're fun. And you know what, now, I'm just gonna call him dragons over and over again.
Speaker 2: I actually told Joe that when he was and I was just comment didn't.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm gonna do. Just keep you keep all the comments, you know, making fun of you. That's fine. I'm gonna keep doing it.
Speaker 2: And I told you you should. You should just you should just lean into it now like I did.
Speaker 1: I did lean into it the other day. But I'll mean, look again, it's literally you're doing three shows in a day, and three different sports. I did an NBA show as well. Sometimes things kind of slip your mind a little bit. But that it's okay. We're here for all of your full service baseball, and uh, you know what, I'm gonna go draft some shares of him right now on the draft Wizard, just so I have some shares that I could start to do some simulations and some regans, some ragons let's call the whole thing off, Let's call the show off. Everybody that'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time, kids, Ray guns blazing.