Speaker 1: Leading off starts right now.
Speaker 2: Welcome in Peanuts, Welcome in cracker Jacks an hour later on the stream, blasphemous.
Speaker 1: But we are here because that's what we do.
Speaker 2: Fantasy playoffs getting going, most likely in a lot of your leagues.
Speaker 1: I am Chris Wels, that is Andrew Seifer.
Speaker 2: And we are here to help you through all the happenings around baseball and your playoffs.
Speaker 1: Andrew, what's up, buddy?
Speaker 3: Not much, man, I was just telling you before we hopped on. I dropped my daughter at a first day of first grade today and learned that you out in Arizona start school way too early in the summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, my kids are a month into school already.
Speaker 2: That's something I learned as well. Like everyone on the East Coast is like that. I have friends with They're posting pictures of kids going to school and stuff, so I know everybody is probably ramping themselves up. Been there, done that. I've already been there, done that. I'm a veteran now in the school time. I already got sick. I got sick last week because the kid, you know, the kids are back in school as soon as you get sick. But I am feeling a bit better. I'm feeling I think I'm looking a little bit better. I'm feeling better, and I'm ready to talk with everybody because I have incredible news, the best news that I could think well, I could think of actually like a couple other things, but the best piece of baseball news I have for all of you. Corbin Carrol is being recalled today, and we are getting Corbyn Carroll making his major league debut with the Diamondbacks tonight. And Andrew, I am dealing with an existential crisis. I am here in Arizona. I live here in Arizona. The game is in Arizona. I had zero point zero percent plans to go, and I know I should, but I don't know if I can or will. Corby Carroll making his debut is a big deal. Is the number one prospect in baseball? Andrew, I'll you know, let me get your first initial take and I'm going to set up some stats for everybody on Corbyn Carroll. But you see him hit the wire, you see him out there maybe some type of availability, which might not be.
Speaker 1: The case for a lot of leagues. What are you doing? Is there any excitement for you to run to the wire? To pick up. You know, I guess arguably the number one prospect in baseball.
Speaker 3: I mean, there has to be right and you have to have a pretty good excuse if you're not going to go to that game, by the way, But yeah, I mean, this is a true five category potential stud you know, widely regarded as the number one fantasy prospect still.
Speaker 4: In the minor leagues.
Speaker 3: He's you know, he doesn't have a ton of minor league experience because you know, Covid wiped out the twenty twenty minor league season and then he had shoulder surgery that basically wiped out most of his twenty twenty one season.
Speaker 4: But he sure has looked the part this year.
Speaker 3: He's twenty two years old, so he's a little more mature than some of these guys that rocket through the minors like that. And you just look at the production and across the board, it's it's really phenomenal. So you know, it's it's the usual caveats with these rookies. They've been very hit and miss in the last couple of years. It could be he flames out, but the upside is incredibly high, and those are exactly the kind of players that you want in fantasy Corbyn Carroll.
Speaker 2: So far this season in the minor leagues, which it's been a triple A, he was down here rehaving for a tiny bit twenty four homers, thirty one stolen bases, hitting three h seven with a four to twenty five OBP, and over one thousand ops. The guy eighty nine runs one hundred and eleven hits.
Speaker 1: He's a little bit.
Speaker 2: Smaller in stature, which gets people kind of worked up, but he's put up twenty four homers. He's an incredible, incredible, just overall talent. I remember being at his debut out here in Arizona. He has the next gage of speed, which is something people are going to have to come to terms with and hopefully the Diamondbacks really give him the green light. But he also makes such great contact as a very smart hit exactly worked with. I've said this a lot of multiple different times on podcasts. He's worked with multiple players inside the organization, and I don't want to say like helping like change swings and stuff, but like he wants to help and coach and teach with these guys, and he works with guys and he has helped some players I don't need to get into the names of them, but he has worked on helping improve their swings and people can't talk enough about what an incredible talent he is.
Speaker 1: And you can see it.
Speaker 2: I mean even in his Triple A numbers, they wavered down just a tiny bit, and you know, he left Double A hitting three thirteen. He was over three hundred for the majority of the Triple A stent in thirty three games. Though he ended up hitting two eighty seven, he had seven homers and eleven stolen bases. He's not going to play center field, probably not going to start high in the lineup immediately off, but he is going to be an impact player. I think no reason to not play him, even though Jake McCarthy has been really incredible. By the way, early on in season, I did a guest appearance on the wire on Pitcher List, and I talked about him this weekend, like, that's one of those guys. The Diamondbacks are going to be faced with the situation of like what do we do, how do we get guys out of lineup?
Speaker 1: I think that situation is fed through the d H. I think at the end of the day, you can maybe.
Speaker 2: Maybe take var show out of the outfield a tiny bit, even though he's been good catch you can make some adjustments. Maybe Mcarthy even does that, or Carol. You know, they could just get Carroll's bat in there. But you know there was there was a couple questions in here and let me see what you have to say. Andrew DJ said drop with Maryfield or oil to activate Corbyn Carroll, cause right before that we out of nowhere. I thought we had Oh no, no, it was a response where Bob was just like Maryfield has been garbage. There's a lot of Merrifield hate right now. Would you drop either of those two to activate Corbyn Carroll?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I probably would drop either of them to do it. You know, I guess probably Merrifield first, just because he's older and he's just hasn't offered much all season. We've talked about O'Neil Cruz enough on this pod. I think you know we're it's always like you're hoping to cat's light in a bottle with him and you're just not catching it right now, so you might as well try. You have a better bet to cast lightning in a bottle, I think with Corbyn Carroll so you know, I do think with Carol though the strikeout rate was in the mid twenty percents in the miners, you know, twenty two to twenty five percent range, so he may not hit for a huge average right off the get go either, but I think it will be significantly better than Onneo Cruz.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, very very true.
Speaker 2: Talked a little bit about him here or there in the day. You know that, So Corman Carroll, I'm very excited about it.
Speaker 4: I'll let you know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. I want to be there.
Speaker 2: It's such a track to get down to Phoenix. I really think it would be amazing. My cohort Bogman, was like, you should take my kid out there.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 3: And I totally agree with you about Jake McCarthy, by the way, he's been a really pleasant surprise, especially in leagues that value stolen bases, so they're going to have a little lineup shuffling to do there. We might see a situation, I know it's sacrilege, but you might see Carroll getting a day off once a week or something like that.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't think there would be any craziness that they don't play him every single day. I think plays the majority why he's here, and I think they're gonna just have to mess around with the DH spot.
Speaker 1: You know, maybe McCarthy, maybe it's.
Speaker 2: Carol and all of them just splitting between days off. Bar show obviously can do some catcher. They can give Kelly a little bit more time off if they want, and they've got some flexibility in there, and the reason you bring him up is to give them a bats. But you would point out the minor league seasons coming to a close and that you know, he wouldn't have been getting at bats for the final half, so even to like, it's not like they're bringing him up and then he doesn't play a whole bunch and hey, they should have kept him down. Now the minor league season's ending, so it really you're gonna lose those at bats. Anyways, does put into question if he makes Arizona Fall League at this point, but we will find out.
Speaker 1: And making his major league debut today.
Speaker 2: I'm very, very excited to see it. We talked about this in the last episode. Another little piece here, but Tyler Our Trevor Rodgers is going to be activated on Wednesday and he's going to start against the Rays. He had a huge performance. But I did this really scary, spooky transitional thing, Andrew, if you didn't see it, I turned off my lights and flashlight.
Speaker 1: And would do you ever? Would do you?
Speaker 2: Dare start Trevor Rodgers after all of the terrifying this he had in Fantasy So I'll just straight up ask you without the frills here, are you gonna start him? Are you comfortable with Trevor Rodgers? After you know, finding some confidence? He said, he feels better, more confidence going down in triple A, finding some success, twelve strikeouts.
Speaker 1: Are you going to jump in or are you not having any of this?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: He was the leadoff name in my Waiver Wire column on Saturday, So I guess that would probably answer the question for you.
Speaker 4: Who's he lined up to face?
Speaker 1: Ooh good, good question the Rays?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I would, Yeah, I would do it.
Speaker 3: I would do it because here's the thing about Trevor Rodgers, and I wrote about this over at Fantasy Pro, so you can check it out. As of June fifteenth of last year, he had a one to eighty seven, a one oh two whip, and a ten point five k per nine and looks like one of the best young pitchers in the game, and then you know, things just have really unraveled for him since then. Really two main culprits. One has been regular back issues that he's been having, and then he had some off the field family private issues that we don't know that much about. But those two things could also be related, by the way, because a lot of the times with back issues, if you're having emotional stress and personal issues, it can aggravate that or make it worse. So he sounds healthy now. He says his back feels the best that it ever has, and he completely dominated in that last start, in that last rehab start, So I know the stuff is still there.
Speaker 4: I know the ability is still there.
Speaker 3: If he's truly healthy and he's truly feeling emotionally healthy as well, I think he's still got a huge amount of upside. He just seems like the kind of picture that could just pick it right back up and be dominant. And you know, worst case scenario, you get torched once and then you say, okay, on its hands off now. But I'm feeling pretty optimistic at this particular moment in time.
Speaker 2: That's why my back always hurts. You just uncovered when my back always hurts and now now anybody else actually speaking of as far as wa wire A very very important time, and I want to make sure we're giving some consideration on Mondays a little bit more to pickups.
Speaker 1: You've got that article.
Speaker 2: Who else should we be looking at as far as waiver wire pickups on this Monday morning, assuming everyone still has the opportunity to make some changes.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, So I'm looking at in the column generally players who are under fifty percent rostered and focusing, particularly guys under forty percent in Yahoo leagues. And right after Trevor Rodgers, I mentioned Justin Steele. Now, he did leave his last start with lower back tightness, so that's just something we need to get an update on, but it didn't sound serious. And I think this guy deserves his due. I mean, he's got a three eighteen ERA on the season that's backed up by his XCRA and x FIP. Eight of his last ten starts, he's given up either zero or one earned run, so that's just a really impressive run. I think he's a guy you can plug right into your lineup. It's a good time in general for starting pitchers. You know, Drew Smiley has been on a nice run. Rosey Contreras is a pitcher I've always been a big fan of and he's pitching great right now. So he's a guy I would certainly look at. And then even Matt Manning. I mean, this guy, it's kind of been a delayed progression to get where people were hoping he would be.
Speaker 4: But he is there right now. I mean over his uh let me pull it up here.
Speaker 3: Over his last four starts, he's got a one eighty or a one oh eight whip and a nine point four k per nine. So, uh, he's going strong and got that prospect pedigree as well.
Speaker 2: Another guy that you know we I don't mean to like rehash it, but you know, if you're looking for stolen bases and some overall production, McCarthy might be one of those guys.
Speaker 1: I was having that discussion, like I said.
Speaker 2: This weekend, where when you're there's overall players and I think you covered some overall type of players, and then there are categorical players and sometimes you're just trying to chase a specific category. Mcarthy's one of those guys you could probably chase for stolen bases. There's a couple guys out there for Homers. I love the overall of steel if healthy, I think that's a great call and that is very good. So speaking of injuries, by the way, on injury front, Justin Verlander was removed from Sunday's start against the Orioles due to right calf discomfort and he's undergoing an MRI. He is an exam this morning on Monday on that injured right calf.
Speaker 1: So a lot of our fantasy teams.
Speaker 2: Are in the UH are in thenother right now, we're a little bit terrible.
Speaker 1: I'm a little bit terrified.
Speaker 2: You and I were both like, You're like, well, I hope this is going to work out because this is going to be important for my fantasy team. Exactly, I'm one hundred percent with you. And if it doesn't, Andrew, we're going to be praying. Justin Steele is probably out on the wire right now.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: I mean you can't really understate how valuable Justin Verlander has been. You know Baseball Monster does there they give numerical values to standard five by five value.
Speaker 4: His value comes in at.
Speaker 3: One point five to five, which is the third highest number behind only Aaron Judge and Paul gold Schmidt. So far, and away been the most valuable pitcher in all of fantasy baseball this season, and that's not a loss that you can really stomach as you head right into the stretch run of your fantasy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd also say if we were putting together like a week league winners, and I don't know if that's uh wonky.
Speaker 1: You got to remind me does anybody do that on fantasy pros? Because at the end of the year, I.
Speaker 2: Think it'd be fun to look at what did the best league winning roster look like? And by that what I mean is the values that you got later that ended up being so big that you know, boom, there you go, like justin Verlander getting him around ninety or one hundred where you did in drafts.
Speaker 1: That's league winning titles.
Speaker 2: Why it keeps saying week that's league winning type of stuff that you can put together and losing him now would be absolutely killer and brutal, mister Buster just throwing in.
Speaker 1: I guess as the show we can literally just.
Speaker 2: Answer shows, or we can answer questions about Corbyn Carroll the entire show. Is it worth dropping either Amed Rosario or horm mat Teo for Corbyn Carroll?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna side on the no.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could drop either one of those guys for Carol right now, could you?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: I would have said yes on Horam Matayo probably a few weeks ago, but he's just continued to be surprisingly valuable, so it's harder to say yes on him. Rosario has actually slowed down a little bit recently, but he still had a really solid season. So yeah, in a redraft league, I'm just not sure I'm there on those particular players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some other injuries.
Speaker 2: Jordan Alvarez missed Sunday's game after receiving treatment on his left hand. Horie Polonko has moved from Saturday's game with some niche soreness. He's expected to sit out a few more as they're managing the injury. Brandon Law sat out Saturday and Sunday after being hit on the elbow by a pitch, so keep an eye on that one. Evan Longoria is considered day to day. Luis Robert was at a lineup over the weekend with.
Speaker 1: A sore wrist.
Speaker 2: Boy, I don't know how we can expect more than one hundred and twenty games from Luise Robert really ever.
Speaker 1: In a season.
Speaker 2: He's not quite like Alberta Mondesy level where it's like if we got one hundred, we would probably like jump up and down.
Speaker 1: But I don't know if we can go more than one twenty or one thirty on Robert anymore. And JP Crawford underwent an MRI that did not reveal any significant damage.
Speaker 2: In his pectoral area. So a lot of injuries that you don't want to see right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm particularly concerned about that Jordon Alvarez hand injury because the thing is his production has really fallen off a cliff for about a month now, and that kind of hand injuries really do sap player's power a lot of the time. And he's got one home run and three doubles total since July thirtieth, So that's really concerning whether he goes on the il or not. It's hard to expect that we're going to see like vintage production from Jordon Alvarez over the final month of the season.
Speaker 1: Very good point.
Speaker 2: Fun fact, I'm really glad that Wonki put this on here because I was going to have not a nineteen fifty two Tops Mickey Mantle card sold for twelve point six million dollars on Saturday.
Speaker 1: This marked the most.
Speaker 2: Anyone has ever paid for any sports item, card or memorabilia, topping the seven point two five million dollars sale of the T two O six Honus Wagner card that had sold earlier in the month. I Honess Wagner one has always kind of been seen as the Holy Grail of cards. But to think about this, it's not just the most expensive baseball it's the most expensive sports item card or piece of memorabilia anything home run balls, touchdowns, game winning baskets, Michael Joy, it doesn't matter any of it. It is a nineteen fifty two Mickey Mantle card, not autographed or anything like that. It has ever just explode your brain when you think about Andrew. I collect cards. I collect a lot of that stuff. I can't even imagine.
Speaker 3: Well, I have to say, I actually know someone who has that card. It's the rookie card Mickey mant a rookie top rookie card. I know someone who has that. I've held that card in my hand before.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Granted I have not held a mint condition version of that card in my hand, but I have held that card in my hand.
Speaker 4: Twelve point six million dollars. That's insane.
Speaker 3: I feel like saying that topped the pre one is a little bit of an understatement. When it topped it by five million dollars, that's just totally insane to me.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's really good friends on cardboard, right.
Speaker 2: He should go make really good friends with that person whoever has that card, like really good friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, right, yeah, I got a business idea for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, the business idea is handed over to me, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: This day in baseball nineteen seventy one, Hank Aaron of the Atlanta Braves drove in his one hundred run of the season, giving him the National League record of eleven seasons with one hundred or more rbi. Hammer and Hank always a good one. Now, this is this is an interesting trivia question because when we were talking about, you know, getting back to ERLANDI you're talking about Cy Young stuff, and Adam Waynwright has had a pretty phenomenal season. We would probably agree with that, you know, he defies odds of age. But the question is, Adam Waynwright has finished second in the Cy Young voting twice. I don't know if he's quite second in this round. I think he might be like third. I think it's Corbyn Burns and al Contra in the NL. But he has finished in second place in the NL Siung twice, which pitchers finished ahead of him. So he finished second, which pitchers finished ahead of him, winning the award, and I've got it now here. And interestingly enough, the last time he finished second in voting was in twenty thirteen. So that's how far back we go and how long he has spanned in baseball. Any guesses on the two pictures that won the SYNG ahead of him Andrew.
Speaker 3: Well, I was trying to think of the one that's even longer ago, and it's probably in the mid to late two thousands. So some names that were just coming in my mind, like tim Linseicom, did he ever win the Sayang, It's like it's got to be somebody that has completely left my brain.
Speaker 1: Yes, No, it is not him. That's good.
Speaker 2: I will I'm gonna give everybody the No, I'm not gonna give the years quite yet.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to give the years.
Speaker 2: Quite yet, though, I will tell you Wonky does have one of them. Clayton Kershot is one of them from twenty thirteen, So that's the more recent one. Clayton Kershaw won it in twenty thirteen, Adam Waynwright finishing second. There's still one name that's out there. Oh, Brandon Webbs, a great guest, but it is not it. Well, come back then we'll see what you guys got on these.
Speaker 1: On the stat heroes.
Speaker 2: Manny Machado four for five, two homers, four RBI, three runs, Isak Parades two for two with two bombs, three RBI, three runs. That's one of those mid season I don't know, those midseason guys.
Speaker 1: I felt really good about.
Speaker 2: I ranked him really aggressively, by the way, and he's just been quietly. I mean, his batting average is kind of stunk, but he just quietly gets you some numbers when you need him. Corey Seeger had two homers, two for four, Shohyo Tani three for four with a homer, two RBIs, Jake cave At a bomb, one hundred dos 're four for six with a couple stolen bases. Colton Wong three for five with the homer over the weekend. David Peralta get him in that two hole, three for four, two RBIs, two runs, Michael Taylor homer four RBIs and Mookie Betts had a homer with two.
Speaker 1: RBIs also just had a phenomenon.
Speaker 2: I want to say it was a Friday game or Thursday game, I don't remember what it was where he was just homer after production, after production, left and right.
Speaker 1: He was really good.
Speaker 2: On the picture side, Herman Marquez went seven, struck out five, Robbie Ray seven struck out seven, Dylan Cease eight with eight strikeouts, Max Scherzer seven with eleven, and Julio Uria six with seven strikeouts.
Speaker 1: All pictures one not like.
Speaker 2: The other, her Man Marquez and the rest big strikeout pictures. Marquez getting you just weirdly silent value anything on Marquees for your rest of season.
Speaker 3: I mean, He's like one of these pictures that I'm just always avoiding and always not understanding why other people keep buying into him. I just the Cores effect is just too big a hill to climb in my opinion. So I've always I've been out on him for five years running. I feel like, and I'm not about to change now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you just hope, like John Gray, as soon as John Gray goes to the Rangers, We're like, hey, let's go let's exactly back in and if we could get that from him. So a lot of good guesses in here, Pev who was one of my favorite pictures growing up, Chris Sale, Brandon Webb Gan, Ye, this is too old, Dwykeen's too old, and they're bin sheets.
Speaker 1: That's actually really good guess. None of them are correct.
Speaker 2: The correct answer to go with Clayton Hurshaw in no, yeah, in beating Adam Wayne Wright was Roy Halliday in twenty ten, Roy Halliday in twenty ten and Clayton Kershaw beat Adam Wayne Wright both times. He finished second in the cy Young Award race. And I know he is kind of in that spot. Like I said, I don't believe he's quite second, but the trivia they pop that up because you know he's looming. He's right around that area on the stat zeros for the weekend.
Speaker 1: Hey, you just talked about him.
Speaker 2: Ahmed Rosario zero for four with four strikeouts makes it even more of a pertinent question.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: One of the big things really to think about Andrew, and to continuously point out to everybody is you do have to have a really really quick memory, like you gotta just let things go. You got to forget about the draft capitol. Dropping Wit Mayfield for corbing Carrol feels gross. It feels really gross and hard to manage. But this is what you've got to do this time of season. You got to forget about what you spent on players. You got to forget about that really great march that the guy had but hasn't really been good all season and what if. You got to forget about what ifs because you don't have time for it in the playoffs anymore. And that's why we say, hey, you can drop a Wit for corbing Carroll.
Speaker 1: I know it feels gross. I'm at Rosario.
Speaker 2: You know, I obviously had a nice preseason value on him, and he has kind of cooled a little bit, even just getting reminded of a oh for four four strikeout weekend.
Speaker 1: It's probably not the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 2: If you want to make that Carol move after a really bad weekend, you kind of can and don't really need to look back.
Speaker 1: That's the other thing I think we both maybe missed.
Speaker 2: I know I missed in saying that when that question was asked, it was I'm at Rosario, and who the hell was the other person? It's like, are you really gonna have you have buyer's remorse, you have huge buyer's remorse.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: You're you know, Carol's gonna be out there. He's a stolen based option. There's probably not that much buyer's remorse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I actually would amend my answer to I would drop Amed Rosario for Corbyn Carroll just because, I mean, Hora Matteo's actually been really good lately. He's hot right now, so I wouldn't drop him. But but Amed Rosario has been slumping for the last month and he doesn't really have that much upside anyway. I mean, he's just one of those like kind of steady Eddie performers. So yeah, you're not gonna have buyer's remorse letting them on Rosario go. I would make that move.
Speaker 1: So amended. We've amended that. Drop Rosario, go get up Carol. Some other zero's J D.
Speaker 2: Davis Oh for four to three strikeouts, Aaron Judge Rare Oh for four to three k's, Shille Angeliers, Ryan McMahon, both though for four with three strikeouts. Dylan Carlson and Luke Williams on the three k's on the pitcher side, coy Oihara three and one third six earned runs, eight hit Shamanaya gave up six earned runs.
Speaker 1: Boy, that's not been great, yak, you know.
Speaker 2: And this is Jacob young Jonas four and one third six earned runs, only two k's Nick Pavetta five earn runs. I saw Mike Mayer absolutely just losing it online about the Red Sox and Pavetta, and it just it's a continuous laugh. I actually, I think I've grown to really love Mayor's blow ups about the Red Sox. Even though I don't care about the Red Sox whatsoever, I really do love it.
Speaker 1: I really do love it.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: The Home Run Contest, friends, so check this out. I have officially a new board up for you, and it looks like it is updated unlike the cell job we had last Friday. And guys, we had some big changes and we have a runaway starting on the Home Run Contest. Look right there, Dee Blum forty nine homers as he had Mike Trout yesterday. Go Cards has moved into second place with High Covey twenty sixteen with forty six. We've got cat Fox at forty four, and as you can see, almost everybody on the board nine people with forty or more homers, and that huge move by Dee Blum off of Trout did people really good yesterday?
Speaker 1: Actually, what is this?
Speaker 2: Seven of the top eight had Trout altogether. So unfortunately you guys all picked the same high cove you had Vladdie who did not hit a homer, and that is how that paired out. And the home run contest is getting very very interesting. So keep getting your home run calls in on the discord and maybe you can make a late run. Maybe you can make a late run out of all of it. Friends, when you're making bets the Kings and Queens, use bet MGM. That's right, we are going with the red tiara today. Actually looks quite nice. If I can get it sitting I had it really sitting nice on the hat.
Speaker 4: Your your hat forwards, it'd be better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 2: We'll do the let's do the forward, and we'll do that and there you go. You got a little bit of business there. Nope, all right, well we'll just do it. When you guys go and check out bet MGM. Use the promo code leading off. Do that today and you can get a risk free one thousand dollars Bet want you guys to go and check out our great sponsor, Bet MGM making all your props, all your normal wages for kings and queens, tiaras and crowns.
Speaker 1: We do it every day.
Speaker 2: I've got some bets for you, and I want to get to see what Andrew has to say about them. Of course, strikeouts and total bases. I've got the number one algorithm and the number one plus money. So over on the strikeouts we start with. We've got Javier Asad, who is going up against Toronto for the Cubs, is only at two and a half. Is the number projected at a little over four. It's minus one one sixty five and this is over on DraftKings, so it's a very very low number. Let's take that off, very very low number for Javier Asad. The plus money strikeout play is Dylan Bundy who's going up against the Boston Red Sox. He only needs four strikeouts. They are putting up three and a half at plus one point twenty three. He is projected at four, so the projections are not crazy high, but it's some good plus money against Boston who can get a little strikeout e and that is over at Sugarhouse probably gonna be similar on some other sites.
Speaker 1: The total base props we've got for.
Speaker 2: You, then, Number one of the day is Nolan Gorman. It is minus one seventy though, so juiced, but you only need one total base against Cincinnati and that's over on DraftKings. To pair with the top plus money play of Anthony Rizzo against the Angels, you do need two total bases, but it's plus one twenty five and he is projected at two. So, Andrew, you've got Rizzo and Bundy at plus money, you've got Gorman and Asad at minus money.
Speaker 1: What do you like out of these bad boys?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna roll out Dylan Bundy pretty quickly. I think he's got three strikeouts in his last three starts combined, so I'm gonna pass on that one. I also just generally like to pass on Dylan Bundy whenever given the opportunity, Gonna also pass on Nolan Gorman. That strikeout rate of his is so high that ophers are very common with him, so I can't, even in a pretty favorable matchup, I don't think I can buy that one.
Speaker 4: So it's really down to a sod or Rizzo for me. With a SOD.
Speaker 3: The question is really the h is he on some sort of pitch count. I mean, pitched four innings in his first appearance, so he had a decent k per nine strikeout right in the minors, So he seems like he could crush that number if he can get enough innings. That's that's really the question. With Rizzo, he's facing a lefty, but he does have nine homers and one hundred and thirteen at bats against lefties this year. So but that's a high number one and a half for him. So I'll I'm gonna have faith that Asad will at least throw five innings, and I think if he does, he'll he'll hit that mark.
Speaker 1: I like it call.
Speaker 2: If I were going out of these, I'd probably go with the Rizzo one good plus money, you know, two total bases. That's probably my play. I wouldn't play even the Nolan Gorman one. That's not the type of hitter. I want a Juice one total bass call from, even though I like.
Speaker 1: The matchup the Bundy one. I actually don't mind.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe I'd even play the two plus money plays more than the big old Juice plays. Those are not the players I'm really caring about over on the DFS side, DraftKings, Miles Michaelis eight four, Tony Gonsolin ninety six, Jsey Brios seven to six, and Corbyn Burns ten to four are some of the numbers for you. I if you wanted to play big money, you could go maybe Burns and Brios just a pair. I kind of like the Gonsolin and Michaelis play if you're looking to save some money over and FanDuel michaels Is at and even ten, Gonsolin ten to five, Brios eight five, and Corbin Burns eleven to one. And as far as stacks go, you've got Saint Louis, Toronto and Philly the only teams today projected over five total team runs. If you're wanting to stack some of those players up together. Now, let's make some home run calls. Andrew, you are on the clock, who is your home run call for today?
Speaker 1: Getting on the board.
Speaker 3: Well, first off, all those people with forty plus homers, it feels like we're back in the stereoid air or something. But I will point out I called Paul golds Fremant last Thursday and he hit two bombs not one two, So gonna do a little victory lap there, and you know I am going to actually just stick with the car Cardinals. I'll go with Nelan Aernado facing Chase Anderson. Really favorable matchup, and he's got four homers in thirty played appearances in his career against Chase Anderson. So Nolan Arenado is going to go yard.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll try to do this for Wax in his very English sounding sentence of it, maybe he even gets the call in a week, I think, referring to me not getting a home run call. I like that you spelled even with an a if that is what you were saying. So let's point that out, Wax when you want to call me out on that. Let's hope I get a home run call. But I'm going to go way out in the wings that I'm gonna go with Christian Walker. I'm gonna go with Christian Walker in Arizona. Big home run hater, give me Christian Walker almost went Nolan Aernado. We've got mayor with Shoheo, Tani Tyler, O'Neil going to wonkey. So let's see if we can get some run home run calls and maybe maybe we can even with an ev a in get a home run call today and we can all cheer for Joy andrew Snicher.
Speaker 1: What's going on with you? Going on down this week?
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna have some new rest of season Fantasy Baseball rankings up at ROS rankings dot com that those should go live tonight. We'll be doing a podcast as well with my co host part Wheeler, the Rest of Season Rankings Podcast, talking about what we call the movers and shakers, the players moving up and down the most in our rest of season rankings. And of course I'm continuing to churn out those waiver wire articles that we were talking about earlier over at Fantasy Pros every Saturday, so give those a read.
Speaker 2: I really like that everyone should go check out that waiverwire article. Getting in front of it sometimes the most important battle. You guys, know your league's the best though, you know, you know, are you the guy that's able to get ahead of everybody? Do you need to be hyper competitive with a couple guys you need to stay up till midnight to get those waiver claims?
Speaker 1: Those are the days. Those are the days if you need to wait up till midnight and do it.
Speaker 2: Andrew's got you covered. You can follow me on Twitter at is it the Welsh. I don't know, we might be there, there's no guarantees. A lot going on, but I'm going to attempt to see if i can get down to see Corbyn. Carroll's major league debut tonight against the.
Speaker 1: Phillies with the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: That would be I mean, I love the guy, that's like my guy, number one prospect in baseball.
Speaker 1: But friends, that is all that we have for you. Make sure you tune in tomorrow right here on leading off for Andrew. I am Welsh. Thank you guys. You again tomorrow, same time, same new time. Don't miss it, my friends,