Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo jess hilarious.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's that to God?
Speaker 1: Peace to the planet in this Friday?
Speaker 3: Good morning?
Speaker 4: How y'all feel out there?
Speaker 1: I feel blessed, black and holly favorite, happy to be here another day to serve off beautiful listeners. My microphone right, my microphone drop. Can't have the microphone drop the day, baby, it's Valentine's Day, baby all day, that's right.
Speaker 5: Happy Valentine's Data all the lovers out.
Speaker 1: There, ain't nobody got time for that? Do Don't put no extra pressure on yourself today. Don't put no extra pressure on yourself, you know, to do anything extra. Don't put no extra pressure on yourself, you know, to perform amazingly in the bedroom tonight. Like that should be your mentality all the time anyway, because when you put it.
Speaker 5: Extra heart, you don't love extra heart on Valentine.
Speaker 4: You don't just be yourself.
Speaker 1: If you got to go extra heart on Valentine's Day, that means that you ain't been doing what you've been supposed to be doing, you know, any other.
Speaker 6: Time and that's the case in America and many and families and homes so damn so try hard.
Speaker 2: But I enjoyed my birthday yesterday. It was amazing.
Speaker 4: Could do the.
Speaker 6: Absolutely not. No, I couldn't, ye because Chris had a whole day plan. Y're planning to just shrim and chill with my sister and my man.
Speaker 2: Chris was like, no, we're going out. We're going out. So what you do a spa day?
Speaker 6: I got a facial body massage for ninety minutes ago. I couldn't just do an hour, so I did a full body massage, and then I thought me and him were just going to dinner. He told me a doll that we went to dinner kitchen the Cocktails in DC, and we sat at this big table. I thought that he was, you know, he was trying to keep me in cognito.
Speaker 2: I looked up.
Speaker 6: Twenty minutes later, I see my sister, my cousin who I haven't seen in a while. Shout out to Brittany Sena and her girlfriend, you know, her friend and.
Speaker 1: Other team people.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I was just so happy.
Speaker 6: I'm just like, oh, that was amazing. Even though I didn't want to do nothing, I was happy that he.
Speaker 2: Put that together.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: Dating, Oh, I don't know, but oh we got we got the event, but I don't know what he's before that.
Speaker 2: And tomorrow we got.
Speaker 1: Something close boxing because he's really Mexican. Yeah, they're working hard as up.
Speaker 2: Yoh man, what if that's the black side. Why we keep on giving you get a.
Speaker 1: Lot of credit to that side because they do work hard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that's how they ain't even I don't even know where they at now.
Speaker 4: Don't you know where they at?
Speaker 7: You know where they at?
Speaker 5: Let me know where they at.
Speaker 4: Its very quiet at your house, Chris.
Speaker 2: They ain't called it.
Speaker 6: World that they haven't called the check on the baby in a minute and try to come past.
Speaker 5: It was like they all right, I hate y'all. I hate y'all. I hate y'all. We'll salute to all the dance dads. I'm out at another dance convention competition. Were actually in Boston, so we have to drive here last night. But my daughters have to be on stage I think at eleven am, so they got to be down there at nine thirty to start warming up. So I'm out there. So I got the two little ones with me and my wife with me, So we're gonna just do Valentine's out in Boston. So if you've got a good restaurant in Boston, something cool to do, let me know and we'll pull up. Because right now it's dance at everybody. I just woke everybody up, yelling you good mood in us. They looking at me like, what the hell? What about your did?
Speaker 1: What am I doing today? I'm going to see Captain America and that should check off the Valentine's boxes. There's a red Hulk, okay, so red is usually the color for Valentine's Day. So I'm going to see Okay, I'm going to see Captain America, lady, that's what I'm going to do.
Speaker 3: This new world.
Speaker 2: My man ain't even say me and my wife going to go.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go see Captain America.
Speaker 5: And I'm a red Hulk and it's a red holk, so it's Valentine's Holk.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: I got I got four five girls at the house.
Speaker 1: I got my four daughters and the like you ain't got nobody got time for all of this, Okay, I get it, Jesus all right, Well, Drew Ski will be joining us, ladies and gentlemen. Drew Skin got no Valentine either, he looking for one because you got a new series. Could have been loved and don't nobody showed Studge love like Drewski. Drop on the clues bombs Studge. Y'all need to build a statue for Drew Ski outside of a foot locker whever y'all be shopping at. You know what I mean, Like Jesus first.
Speaker 5: You know that's the thing straight men trying high that studs. You know that's like a thing right.
Speaker 2: Well, yo, that's yeah, it's the whole thing is a video game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they look at it like a video game. What Yeah, that's just.
Speaker 4: The joystick what anyway?
Speaker 1: Also too, you know a lot of people are organizing boycotts of different retail stores that have rolled back DEI initiatives. But you know there's also black people who have products in these stores. So we're bringing up a few of them today. Melissa Butler of the Lip Bar, i On Rutger Jamison and Ellen Rutcker, sellers of Rucker Roots. They will be here to talk about being black people that have products in those in those stores.
Speaker 5: That's right. So Detroit and South Carolina, North Carolina, stay in the already in a little bit, all right, Well let's get the show cracking. Uh, salute to ovio Eli. You know he is the biggest Drake fan, and of course Drake and Party released the album. So I asked him what's the biggest record? What the record he loved the most? And he said, give me a hug. So let's start with.
Speaker 1: Your vagina lined up for the day. If I only got the track eleven, if that's the record he picked, then he definitely don't have no woman on Valentine's Day at all.
Speaker 4: You picked them one rap record.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you follow him, but if you follow him, he's always in his bedroom by himself talking to Drake, So I yes, see you? Why all right? Well here it is, give me a hug.
Speaker 1: One rap record. I've only gotten the track eleven. I can't sit here and act like I care because I've never liked when Drake sings, so I don't have an opinion on this album thus part Plus, I haven't heard the whole thing yet. But when I heard give me a Hug, I'm like, Okay.
Speaker 5: It's Valentine's Day. Can you beat a little nicer I do, Drake.
Speaker 1: Drake can still rap. But it's like, Eli, you picked the one rap record. I only got the track eleven, but out of all the tracks I heard, they were all R and B songs until give Me a Hug. You picked the one rap record to play.
Speaker 5: Well more than every Breakfast club tracks on the Jesus all right, well twenty one tracks on that. Well, we are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. All right, now, let's start off with sports. This is All Star weekend, so tonight is the right of celebrity game, so Juicy will be playing a celebrity game. We'll talk to him about that. Saturday, they're actually doing the HBCU Classic, which is going to be too HBCUs playing against each other More House College. Yeah, this is like the second third year they've done this, so yeah, so okay, probably not.
Speaker 1: I wanted to ask you because the promoter asked me to book.
Speaker 5: Me June teenth. Do we still celebrate junetee? But we gonna have off that day? Because he was asking, I was like, I don't know what Trump got on the on the schedule.
Speaker 2: Yea, we still should do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if if you celebrating Junietief is based on what a white man thinks, then you don't need to celebrate juneteen.
Speaker 4: But you're not really black, So I already knew that.
Speaker 5: Now I'm really black by I'm asking because people usually have off that Monday. But if they're not giving federal workers off that Monday, then we can't. We can't have a party on Sunday. We got have it on Saturday.
Speaker 1: I'm not a federal worker, all right, But lots of private this is a private company.
Speaker 5: But also Saturday they have the three point Contest and the Slam Dunk Contest, and Sunday is the G League Rising Stars and the All Star Game at eight pm. So if you wanted your all Star schedule, that's what it is. But good morning, Morgan, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 8: Happy Valentine's Day, and most importantly, cheers to the f N week in dj MV Charlotage.
Speaker 1: God and Happy Valentine.
Speaker 9: There all right, let's get into it, y'all.
Speaker 8: So top of the headlines, it was a busy day at the Yesterday at the White House, President Trump provided updates regarding the Russian Ukraine War. He met with India's Prime minister, and he announced that he is implementing a new round of reciprocal tariffs now. Speaking from the White House, Trump said he said that add a value added tax systems used by other will be considered tariffs, and further elaborated on which countries have the worst tariffs. Let's hear more from President Trump.
Speaker 5: Whatever they charge us, we're charging them.
Speaker 10: So it works out very it's very It's a beautiful simple system, and we don't have to worry about you we're charging too much or too little. Traditionally, India is right at the top of the back pretty much. There are a couple of smaller countries that are actually more, but India's are very, very They they charged tremendous tariffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if you've heard about it, but you know today you put tariffs on chocolate flowers, hotel rooms, restaurants that are forced all the more, Hallmark cars that got hosts on them.
Speaker 4: Yes to day is morning.
Speaker 1: Just because you.
Speaker 6: Don't want to go do nothing that, man, I don't mean you gotta mess it up everybody up.
Speaker 2: I'm now, I don't do that.
Speaker 8: Trump said that other countries will want to have their companies in the US. The President said prices for some things could go up, but ultimately will come down. Now, Commerce Secretary nominee Howard Lutnick said, the tariffs go in effect by the beginning of April.
Speaker 4: Okay, my god, he just put tariffs on Teddy Bears.
Speaker 3: It just.
Speaker 1: Teddy Bears too.
Speaker 4: Now it's just crazy.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 8: And of course all of this comes as the Consumer Price Index report did go up. Inflation year over year went up three percent in January. It looks like we're running out of time, so I'm going to reserve the rest of the stories for seven if that's okay with you, guys and.
Speaker 2: Arrangements you want to be playing your shut up.
Speaker 5: Yo, We'll see you next hour in happy Valentine's.
Speaker 8: Morgan, Yes, I'll see you at seven o'class.
Speaker 1: It is crazy.
Speaker 5: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five five one oh five on if you need to vent phone lines or wide open again eight hundred five eight five one o five one. If you're single on Valentine's and you're lonely and you just want to spread some cheer or talk about your Gallentine, you can call lap here. We'll show you love and compassion. And all that stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't see too many lonely women. I see too many women juggling. Be honest with you. I even call Er Ray ruined things a few years ago when she said girls of players too.
Speaker 4: These women is out here juggling.
Speaker 1: You hear me lying about their period being on, so they don't got to share that box two and three times a day.
Speaker 2: It was a hard job of me once a Fox call us.
Speaker 5: Now it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: This is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or blessed. I hate the way that you walk, the way did you talk?
Speaker 2: I hate the way that.
Speaker 5: You everything when me is best?
Speaker 11: Call up next eight hundred five eight five five one, I'm what the coach of philing?
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this Michelle?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 13: Michelle the girl who called about her car?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 5: Michelle?
Speaker 4: Oh did you how did that work out for you?
Speaker 13: It worked out great. I want to thank you Charlottegne and the Breakfast Club, all of the listeners that don't need it to take the time out to go to your cash app and Johnny the harder money means a lot to me, So I just want to say thank you guys so much. From the bottom of my heart, did much?
Speaker 4: Did you get enough to get that? So you got the JETI back?
Speaker 3: Yes, I.
Speaker 2: Love you, baby girl.
Speaker 4: You got a Valentine's today.
Speaker 13: No, that's that's the furthest thing from my mind.
Speaker 1: That's right, you got the jet though, That's right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, thank you guys. Have a good day now.
Speaker 5: If you don't know, she called a couple of weeks ago crying. Uh. They were about tow her car and she needed it for work and she was asking for help, and the Breakfast Club listeners and Charlemagne and and and people you know, helped her out and she was able to get that out. So glad that happened. I'm glad she wasn't lying because there was a little thing that people said she.
Speaker 1: Might be lying, you know people that was you and you know what, you know, I respect, I respect the fact that she don't care about uh, you know Valentine's that she's like, that's the Furst.
Speaker 6: Day exactly as it's as it's supposed to be.
Speaker 5: You know, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 7: Good morning? Is your boy? Love me?
Speaker 3: Love?
Speaker 5: I love you? Jests.
Speaker 7: First of all, I want to say, happy born day, My born day, is a week away from your jet. I'm happy you're selliad you get to you and your hubby get to do your thing. I love to see that black live.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 7: And shak uncle Sharan. There's something I didn't you didn't touch on that I want to put in the air. In eighteen eleven, the biggest slavery boat popped off in New Orleans. I know we got ignored and watched over for the super Bowl, but I just want to acknowledge our rebot people.
Speaker 1: Okay, absolutely, okay, totally understand what you're doing for Valentine's Day?
Speaker 7: Can I say it one year?
Speaker 1: I mean, if you want to. I don't think.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well I'm supposed to be getting the menoys, but I'm trying. Yeah, because yeah, yeah, last year, my ex tried to control the manoirs. He tried to tell me my the other girl couldn't make me, so it was it was the whole thing I could. I'm hoping I can regulate this time.
Speaker 1: Is it you and your ex again with another woman or two different women?
Speaker 7: Oh that's why I can't say Sea, I gotta be good. Shout out to the white out there man. You know who you are.
Speaker 1: Well, it's Valentine's Day, you know what I'm saying. So I mean to be honest with you. There are a lot of women out here that don't have one. So the fact that I you know you you are, you know, sharing yourself with two says a lot about you.
Speaker 4: You a giver, lovey you know.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, we're supposed to be a giver, not a power.
Speaker 1: I have no problem with that, you know what I mean, Like I don't. I think it's very selfish for you not to share yourself with more than one woman if that's what the woman wants.
Speaker 7: Exactly, and I got a perfect to the scenario. We'll talk about that often. Here. Shout out to the Lauren la Ross of the world that don't have a king to fill that void.
Speaker 4: I just Lauren, I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 1: Love you, Lauren might have too many and then see that's what we're gonna I want to talk about that at some time this morning. Some of these women who have you know, three and four guys they juggling, they end up with nothing on Valentine's Day. Because you.
Speaker 6: When I used to juggle, what you had to just talk to them, just listen, stop playing with me.
Speaker 1: Girls.
Speaker 4: Some game that's juggling three and four today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I sure will lead it on eight.
Speaker 5: I'm drinking five eight five one five one. Get it off your chest. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: On the Breakfast Club, wake up. If you're time to get it off your chest. Whither your man or blass, we want to hear from you on the breakfast glass.
Speaker 14: Hello, who's this Audrey Baltimore?
Speaker 5: What's up? Andre? You go your chest?
Speaker 14: Yeah? I just wanted to wish my wife's happy Valentine's Day. Traino, maybe I love you. Also, my daughter's Daniel Trus and Camalo, want to wish them a happy Valentine's Day. Probably going through it this ship. My My girls ain't little girls no more. They got their own Valentine's so little bit, but it's all good, sadday, okay, Sartain and sixth.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll still do something special for them anyway. Get them flyers, teddy bears chocolate and let him know Daddy loves him.
Speaker 4: Regards Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Just put it all those things. You better go check the prices your teddy beds seventy five dollars for a small one right now.
Speaker 14: It's worth it.
Speaker 2: That's right, and it's not right.
Speaker 14: Wait there now, I'm just getting lost to work on my way to go some candy.
Speaker 1: Or there you go.
Speaker 5: I guess they always love daddies. Don't even worry about it.
Speaker 7: Heard ago?
Speaker 1: All right, blue dollar guys who who ain't paid y'all supporting years, but they're going to get flowers and candy for their babies today.
Speaker 5: No, boy, he's like, who was you talking about? Sea May just came in and swinging the negative today.
Speaker 1: I'm not being negative. I'm being realistic. There's another side of this that y'all ain't in. Okay, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 7: D j Envy just a larbry and Charlotte made the cards with mart.
Speaker 5: Has bad time?
Speaker 7: What's happening to y'all already know what it is? Listen there? Before before I get into that, man, I just want to shout out my wife, pristal Man. Today it's our anniversary. So I want to say happy birthday man, to my beautiful wife. May God bless us with many many more these anniversaries to come. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: Yes, that's amazing, y'all. Your anniversary wont balance. That's amazing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's that's when. That's when I did it. You know we got married on that day. So that's a beautiful thing. Man, Happy Valentine's Day. But listening, y'all, it's bard time. Mant listen. I told him a new year, just more flavor. From the hill to the hill tops. I'm shopping hard to break back, but the exposing the ready rocket thought it was done. Five hot beech hi a world players deadly, but the popularity wins the bet. So on the coast sign and make sure they flat line for the internet. This is it one. Let's get rich Lukin recording. Watch the cats flow. The heat was already road. Keep your camp blow. I raised the steaks. This is for the will that fun signe that a creative space filled up with substance and walk on a punchline.
Speaker 5: Og oh okay o, g Valentine's Day. Let's go Charlotte cleaned out that back He's looking for action in that back door, smaller big. He want that whole tour. He wanted to yell yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Yeah yeah yeah yeah boss boss, oh god, all right.
Speaker 1: Here I go shurety im there for you anytime you need me for real, girls me in your world, Believe me. Now, it makes a man feel better than a woman queen with a girl.
Speaker 2: Forever, Like what this is already? Somebody how you gonna steal somebody else's boss?
Speaker 3: What you say?
Speaker 2: How you want to steal at the man's boss And it's not her pees?
Speaker 4: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: There are a few things that's forever like herpees, And y'all need to think about that when y'all out here juggling three and four men on Valentine's Day.
Speaker 7: I appreciate y'all. Good week, andd be blessed.
Speaker 5: Y'all all right, get it off your chest? Eight undrink five eighty five one O five one Now we got just with the mess coming up. What we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Drake dropped that well, P and D and Drake dropped and he coming at Kndred a little bit. So we're gonna get into it on the Love album. On the Love album he had through some shots that Kenny.
Speaker 1: Not not as hard as that shot he throw it through that Joe Butden album we're talking about. That's how I know he Canadian, because he don't even understand Coach at all, talking crazy like that.
Speaker 3: What he said to Joe.
Speaker 1: Butden, my daddy told me to never say to a man unless you're ready to die. Kill. Are we gonna have to get into that room? Yeah, you freaky man, it's freaky, freaky f that's your light skined brethren. Ain't got nothing do with me, just the message.
Speaker 5: Up next the Breakfast Club Morning, Everybody's d J N v Esselarryus, Charlamagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Valentine's candles that I don't like, Ugly don't and that's exactly.
Speaker 4: Why you go to Valentine. Ugly H's is just robbing Moore.
Speaker 5: Just don't do the lines, don't do just talk.
Speaker 1: Talk world which worldwise. On the Breakfast Club, she's the coaching ship.
Speaker 15: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 3: Could get you to see this time to shut it off.
Speaker 6: So let's get into it all right now, drake through some shots and some people. Oh yes, the R and B album it's a rap too, it's a vibe, okay. So so we're gonna start with the Yeah, the shots, So first of all, and give me a hug. Let's take a listen because he throws some shots at and give me a hug.
Speaker 1: Yes, track eleven Raining in Houston, But we immediately go to the smoke.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, we do because people people, if anybody tuning in is gonna act like they didn't tune into this album to hear if there would be more smoke, you're lying that is yeah, I ain't.
Speaker 9: Yeah, did you did you listen to it?
Speaker 2: I didn't. Okay, yesterday it was my birthday. I was thinking about this drizz.
Speaker 5: It came out of midnight anyway. But yeah, I love the fact that he's rapping. I like Drake rapping. The singing songy stuff is cool, but I like when it's an R and B album.
Speaker 4: He told it was gonna be an R and B album with Party.
Speaker 1: I didn't think that there's gonna be any smoke on the album because I know Drake don't want nothing, especially with Kendrick.
Speaker 16: He's still he's still poking, and I will say, uh, there's one line where he actually mentions the not like us.
Speaker 3: Get it's okay, We're gonna.
Speaker 1: Keep that way.
Speaker 14: You keep going.
Speaker 2: What did he say?
Speaker 3: He said?
Speaker 16: He said, Uh, basically, he's just fixed. He's saying Kendrick is like, Yo, you're not like us, and he's saying, no, you're not like me.
Speaker 9: That was a slight shot. Now here's another one he talks about.
Speaker 5: He talked about could be making this up, by the way, he could just be singing not like us, Lawrence just why.
Speaker 9: Would Drake but not like us?
Speaker 16: In a song after not like Us, after five Grammy wins, after the super Bowl, Drake is not slow and We're not.
Speaker 2: Gonna see It was like a shot being there, like.
Speaker 5: There's like me.
Speaker 9: There's more.
Speaker 3: So listen to this.
Speaker 16: This is off of a song called Brian Still. You know Brian's Still is a young thug's attorney. Let's take a listen to him talking about putting the beef aside.
Speaker 5: Do this you on?
Speaker 1: I was yawning when I was listening to it riding Yo, riding into work this morning.
Speaker 16: So he's referencing the tweet when Young tweeted at Drake Future at Metro and say, Yo, we are brothers music and the same.
Speaker 9: Without us, we need to collapse. But if y'all need to wake up, I got some songs.
Speaker 1: Another part where he said he don't care about the you don't care about rap be if he too trying to get the party exactly and.
Speaker 16: He drops some There are some records on here for the party. One of my favorite No Kia. Now, let's take a listen to this song, yo, Jess. I'm about to zoom it on your face right now.
Speaker 1: I know party so mad, party gotta be like, Man, you wait all this time to do this album with me, and.
Speaker 4: This is the best we got, And that's the thing for me.
Speaker 16: I feel like this was more of a Drake album than a Party next Door album. Even though there are some sexy songs out here, Drake definitely dominated this album.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right, Lord, I don't feel party on this album at I only got the track eleven, but I don't feel party on this album at all. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I've never been a fan of Drake singing.
Speaker 1: I do like party, but something about what I've heard on this project this far, it just feels manufactured.
Speaker 4: It lacks soul.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like a I and B.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I would say maybe it's not for you because he does it for his core. Face. No, I'm just telling you what you because you don't like Drake regardless you don't like You don't like Drake when he walks, you don't like Drake when he talks. You don't like Drake when he gets a haircut. You just don't like Drake. And that's fine, that's not for you. But these are for his core fand talking about like I like rapper Drake, you just don't like Drake. The best record ever, I'm a fan of Drake.
Speaker 16: I will say this was. When I heard it, I said, oh, this is this is the old Drake, Party Drake, the good Drake. But it doesn't hit like the whole wave of Kendrick we just heard. And I hate to have to compare him to that, and I think that's what's happening right now. But it's a project. It's definitely not a party.
Speaker 9: Is like a seed to us.
Speaker 2: But listen, it ain't even about it. Don't even hit. Take Kendrick out of it. It's not even it. Don't even hit like old Drake what we're talking about.
Speaker 16: Listen to this and hole from start to finish, not here on air. I listened to it twice and it's actually good, like the No Kia record is good. The met Padres with Chino I was confused about that. He's like rapping in Spanish but glorious. He gives like an old to like uh ice spice and sexy drill that was for the club.
Speaker 4: Like, I'm just not comparing.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely not comparing to the Kennedy to just the point, I'm comparing to the older Drake.
Speaker 17: Like I've heard better Drake, R and B are better Drake singing this. Ain't you thought you was getting mixtape Drizzy. We're so far didn't never like to Drake has Drake's been spricher Drake for a long time, and that's what we got right at. Richer Drake is where we've been at for a minute. The spirits in the summer time, it feels like A and B.
Speaker 1: There's no soul to.
Speaker 5: Songs.
Speaker 2: That's that's better than we should have played them.
Speaker 3: And I tell you no, Kia is a vibe, y'all are I'll tell you nothing.
Speaker 1: Drake and Joe got a squabble too, by the way, Okay, Drake and squad, So this generation different. You don't invite men to your genitals to tell men they suck the genitals unless you want to fight, kill or suck something.
Speaker 4: And you call the man a sucker.
Speaker 1: God damn he definitely did.
Speaker 9: Jesus Christ John need to go listen to Nokia off after this.
Speaker 1: Weekend it Wake up, Jess, the winds your wife is are going and it ain't even raining.
Speaker 4: Man, wife is going.
Speaker 5: Well, that is just with the mess. Thank you, Jess, Thank you Lauren. All right, when we come back, Morgan will be joining us and then Drew Ski will be in the building. So don't go anywhere. It's the breakfast club. Good morning, wake up.
Speaker 3: If you're like into the breakfast.
Speaker 5: Club, your cj Envy just hilarious. Charlamagne the gud We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. Now some quick sports. This is All Star weekend, so they got a bunch of things lined up tonight.
Speaker 1: It's the Celebrity Game.
Speaker 5: Saturday is the HBCU game More House Versususkegee, and of course the All Star Game goes down on Sunday. What's up, Morgan?
Speaker 9: What's up?
Speaker 8: Is it's Valentine's Day?
Speaker 9: Are y'all in the mood for love or all?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 8: I guess yeah, sure, let's do it, yo, yo, you act you know Charlamagne's what did I just can't let me try to get through this news.
Speaker 2: Okay, we go in love with the news.
Speaker 8: President Trump met with Indian Prime Minister Renda Mody at the White House yesterday. In a press conference after the meeting, he praised the relationship between India and said and the US and said, uh, they will begin or we the US will begin selling military equipment to India.
Speaker 2: The guy is though.
Speaker 8: The Prime Minister's visit also follows a controversial US deportation flight earlier this month. That's all over one hundred Indian migrants returned to their home country. And other foreign affairs, President Trump says Ukraine will be involved in peace talks to you in the war, but there will be a separate line of communication between the US and Russia. He made those comments yesterday from the Oval Office. Let's take a listen to Trump's comments on the Ukrainian Russian war.
Speaker 10: They're part of it where you would have Ukraine, would have Russia and well of other people involved to a lot of people.
Speaker 1: A lot of forction, the the a lot of forks in this game.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 10: This is a very interesting situation. But the Ukraine War has to end. The young people are being killed at levels that nobody's seen since World War Two, and it's a ridiculous war. And it has said we had a good talk with President Putin, who I had a good talk with President Zolenski, very good talk.
Speaker 8: So a spokesman for the Kremlin said it could take a few months to set up a meeting between President Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin. He signaled such a meeting might take place in Saudi Arabia, in the capital city of Yeah. This comes after a US Defense Secretary pte Hegseth told allies the administration does not support NATO membership for Ukraine and a return to the country's pre war borders is unlikely. So they are going to have to move forward. We're basically not going back to how things were. Meanwhile, the seafire agreement between Israel and Hamas appears to be back on course after the militant group said it will release Israeli hostages this weekend as previously planned. Remember, there is a twelve pm deadline. Israel and Hamas were disputing over the gods of ceasefire deal as Israeli officials declined to confirm if they will abide by the ceasefire terms even if Hamas releases the hostages. So Hamas has postponed the plan release after it accused Israel of violating the truce by not allowing aid supplies to enter the war torn region. But as of right now, it does seem like the ceasefire agreement is still on and the hostages are on schedule to be released now, whether or not Israel how Israel reacts to that remains to be determined. In other news, Robert F. Kennedy Kennedy Junior. He is now the new head of the Department of Health and Human Services. He was sworn in yesterday afternoon in the Oval Office as President Trump watched. The Senate voted fifty two to forty eight. Kentucky Senator Mitch McConnell was the only Republican to vote against Kennedy. Democrats pointed to past comments made by Kennedy Junior related to his reported criticism of vaccines and as their reason why they chose not to support him now. Rfk Junior was interviewed by Pop's News last night, where he said the US spends heavy on healthcare despite being a vast sick population. Let's hear more from rfk Jr.
Speaker 18: Well, we're going to do is get people good science. We don't have good safety studies on almost any other vaccidents. We spend two to three times while the cop chaps paid for healthcare, and we have the worst health outcomes. We literally have the secdest population in the world.
Speaker 8: So Kennedy Jr. Said he aims to refocus US health priorities away from infectious diseases. He's also talked about getting ready of getting rid of ultra processed foods.
Speaker 1: I mean, I do have thoughts on that because you know, that is one thing that I will say. You know, even when you look at you know, the Department of Education, they do spend so much money on education in this country, so much money on healthcare in this country, but we don't have great evest like we don't have we don't have the best healthcare system, or we don't have the best educational system. So there is there is something to that when I when I'm like, damn, they do dump a lot of money in those things, but things aren't getting better.
Speaker 4: So is the money actually going to those things?
Speaker 8: Do you feel like a shock to the system, which is what I believe is happening now is probably what's necessary.
Speaker 4: I don't know if what they're doing is derimedy.
Speaker 1: I'm just simply saying when somebody raises the question or says, hey, why are we spending so much money in these areas? But these areas aren't the best, you know, are some of the best in the world. Is that is a valid criticism.
Speaker 5: I don't know about shocking. I don't know about taking the money away, but finding different ways to allocate the money, because, like Charlamage said, we're not the best in education and the best in healthcare around the world. If we're spending the most, that's a problem somewhere.
Speaker 1: Like I even was looking at about how you know, here in New York, the FEDS just rescinded eighty million dollars to New York City for migrants, And in my mind, I'm like, damn they spend they spent eighty million dollars. I mean, it's this was just like a one time payment, but they spend eighty million dollars on these migrants. But it's still such a migrant issue. So what is that money going to? That's all I be wanting to know. Where is the money going to?
Speaker 8: Well, I guess that's what those is for. So bringing things to you guys in New York the top Frost federal prosecutor and Mayor Adams corruption case. Did you hear that she's resigning? So rather than follow Justice Department orders to drop charges, Danielle Sassoon fired off a brief letter to Attorney General Pam Bondi that she's resigned, effective immediately. Now. Multiple sources say she did not mention that Adams case. Sassoon's departure comes days after dj directed New York prosecutors to drop the case against the New York City mayor, who's accused of accepting illegal campaign contributions, bribes from other people, bribes from people trying to buy his influence, including Turkish officials. Now, Adams repeatedly denied any wrongdoing doing. He also cleared up whether or not he was switching political party lines, saying that he will be collecting petitions as a Democrat. And of course this comes as Adams met with the Border Zar Tom Holman. New York City Mayor Eric Adams says the two had a clear understanding of how they can work together. Adam says Hoeman assured him that Ice agents wouldn't go into sensitive locations like schools. Let's hear more from New York City Mayor Eric Adams.
Speaker 19: He's very clear that in order to go into those entities you need a judicial warrant. And he has not articulated to me he wants to go into our schools. There's no desire to round up our children. My message to him and what I got from him, Eric, there are dangerous people on our streets in this country in general, but specifically here in New York City. We want to work with you to get them off your streets.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So the mayor also reiterated that he would allow ICE to operate on Rikers Island to target violent criminals, and Homan wants to work with him to get the of course, as previously mentioned, the dangerous people off the New York City streets.
Speaker 5: Now the media doesnt Rick Adams have to do what Trump says, right, because he has them kind of like danglum because if he doesn't listen to Trump, Trump, can you know, relift the order, they could prosecute him. It's that correct, because he didn't get a pardon.
Speaker 8: No, he did not get a pardon. But if the charges are going to be dismissed. Then they're going to be dismissed. I mean, can you bring back charges? I mean, that's what his lawyer said. Alex Buro said yesterday that once the charges are dismissed, they can't be brought back up. So not sure if the meeting does come days after the Department of Justice. Of course, as as mentioned.
Speaker 1: You know what I wanted to know more than when when when the Department of Justice sues New York over sanctuary obstruction? Who are they suing exactly? When you say you sue New York? Is that the governor? I mean, I mean, is that I don't know who he is?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 8: Yeah, So when when DJ is taking legal action again against New York? That would be Governor Kathy Hopel. I do see that the Department of Justice is actually suing New York State over its efforts not to support Trump's immigration policies. So Attorney General Pam Bondi said, the DJ is taking legal action against New York Governor Kathy Hochel and other state officials over New York's alleged resistance to supporting Trump's mass deportation policy regarding illegal migrants. Now Bondi pointed out New York's green Light Law, which he claims keeps state law enforcement from sharing vehicle data with federal authorities for immigration enforcement. Now, State Attorney General Letitia Jane says New York's laws protect all New Yorkers and she's prepared to battle that in a lawsuit in court.
Speaker 2: So it's it's.
Speaker 8: Basically Coco and James versus d O J and Bondie.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: All right, guys, so that's your front page news.
Speaker 8: I hope you everybody is enjoying their Valentine's Day and this beautiful Friday. Morgan would follow me on socials at Morgan Media m O R G y N M E d I A and for more news coverage follow APT Black Information Network, download our free iHeartRadio app, and visit us at b I nnews dot com.
Speaker 5: Thank you all right, Now, when we come back, Drew Ski will be joining us. We're gonna kick it with Drew Ski when we come back. Have a great Valentine's Morgan. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning everybody.
Speaker 5: It's DJ n V Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Long on the Rosa feeling and for Jess, we.
Speaker 1: Got a special guests in the building.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, Drew Ski, what's what's up? Y'll hold you back?
Speaker 7: How you doing?
Speaker 5: My brother?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 3: I was just laughing at that clipping. You uh, bringing the whole sectional over for that girl?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: You is he man? No, this is what's wrong with you.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: But you kind of did hold back a little bit though you ain't go in. Yeah, I thought you was really gonna go crazy.
Speaker 5: With the jokes.
Speaker 4: I leave insulting fat people up to you.
Speaker 3: Yes, No, I don't do that.
Speaker 5: You did. No, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't you did?
Speaker 1: I tend to keep it in contact with the fat little boy that you insulted.
Speaker 14: Didn't do that?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: Listen, listen, listen.
Speaker 1: Have you been keeping in contact with that little boy?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 3: I'm not in contact with that or his mother. But I think I probably will be getting sued at some point from that. I don't know why, but she said she said she was going to though I don't know how that works. So I'm new to the money, so I don't know if that actually does that go through.
Speaker 1: When did your lawyer gonna hit you and be like, hey, drew Ski, you got a civil suit. You're getting sued.
Speaker 4: I'm not even it comes with.
Speaker 1: Anybody for a absolutely damn gonna win.
Speaker 4: Okay, but they can sue you for how much for that? For calling a kid fat?
Speaker 5: Yes, fact, you know why people a lot of people do that is because they figure out you don't want to happen.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying, come on, man, y'all played the clip of keV throwing me the alley though.
Speaker 4: Ye started he started, They're gonna go to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, you know, but nah, I honestly it was apologizing to the kid. But yeah, I thought I couldn't tell. Sometimes when I'm in character and doing like these streams, you don't know who's acting and doing all this stuff along with you. So it's like some people be coming on the stream they might be serious. Some people be coming on there as as a character, and the kid was there playing something, so I don't know. I really didn't know it. When he started crying, I'm like, I really thought it was fake because I'm like, oh, they planning to the character of the Adams Family character. Well, yeah, he actually was a fat kid.
Speaker 5: But I didn't see it off.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: I just thought I'm like, it's all it's it's a green light because everybody been calling me fat all night. So he was looking at hey, man, sit down, man, sit your fat ass.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, okay, this is green light for everybody getting called fat in here.
Speaker 4: Do you think we should have called her?
Speaker 1: Is what you're saying?
Speaker 9: He said, you can't say that. You got to say word.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Oh the girl with the section, big, oh big dank.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 3: I just thought it was funny as hell that you brought the whole entire sectional. You could have just found a bigger chair with no arm. There was no big chair with no I think she just wanted a chair with no arms. He made it worse. But yeah, you're right, there ain't no have you done?
Speaker 1: Could have been loved Detroit yet?
Speaker 3: Yes, we did do Detroit. She was she's from Detroit. Yes, from the damn sign that too. Yeah. Yeah, we we got some big women on the TV show I got. I mean, love wise, are you are you into big women?
Speaker 5: Tough question, brother, I've been there.
Speaker 3: I've been there. I will say I've been there, probably before the money in the fame came.
Speaker 9: You've been there dating a big woman or I've been.
Speaker 3: In between and in some scenes. Of course, there's a lot of big, beautiful women out there, don't for sure? Yeah, no I'm not. That's why I said I stay grounded, you know, even with the money and the fame. I said that. You said I've been there, I ain't say I might not revisit.
Speaker 1: Okay. One thing I do appreciate about you, Drew Kids, how you show love to studge Man. We don't have enough appreciation stud right up and never have. What made you start showing studges the love you do?
Speaker 3: Well? You know, Studge. People don't understand the studs having appealing touch truthfully, Like you could share clothes with them, you could vibe with them. Sometimes they could be a bro you know, like when you're hanging out with a girl, he'd be like, Damn, I feel like I can't express my feelings to her because she's gonna think I'm weak. Studs they understand that they got periods, bro, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So so it's like talking to your homeboy.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's like talking to a homie. But you can also hit on the side if she with it.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes the studs they be sneaking. The stud They don't tell y'all that, That's what I'm saying. They don't tell y'all that studs be sneaking.
Speaker 5: There's a whole group of people that are like it's called sneaking indicators.
Speaker 9: And how you know when the stud is with the sneak, you.
Speaker 3: Never really know. That's the thing about them being a stud. They're so it's like they got a mask on. So sometimes you just gotta poke at it and try to see, okay, see not not not actually, but I'm just saying, like, you know, you just try to vibe with them and see how they feel. Some of them they are stuck up and they don't go for none of that. So you gotta respect those put them deside. That's a bro like women like, yeah, they do it, but you still gonna hear the masculinity in the voice. Yeah with you a little bit. Hey man, that's we're not here to talk about that. Yeah that man a couple. Yeah, I think it's we got some on the show on could have been loved.
Speaker 1: I think it's wild when studs pull out their scrap on and then they like have another girl, you know, and and the person with the scrap.
Speaker 3: Trying to act like it's something going on. That's come on, are you into that? You watch that type of stuff?
Speaker 4: Do I watch it?
Speaker 3: I mean you just explained it. You did explain it comedy.
Speaker 1: It's like, it's like, you know, if you get a tattoo, imagine geting a tattoo on a fake ham and act exactly.
Speaker 3: You know, that's how it's kind of it's a dumb thing. It's like, let's cut it. Yeah, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: And you got the record with young Yeah, yeah, yeah, we just well, why do we have to go into this.
Speaker 3: Amazing one of those things? And then going to younger May? Come on, man, don't do that. No, that's the bro. But you know what made me think about it.
Speaker 1: Young and May was up here one time, a long time ago, and I asked her that remember she had the short.
Speaker 4: I asked the how?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, when we shot the music video with her for the song could have been loved recently, she told me, she said, you know, Drewskie, I don't be caring because I'm not really a stud. She's I don't see myself as that she see her of is something completely different. That's why she's like the queen of them, because she don't even see herself on.
Speaker 5: That call the queen?
Speaker 4: Are you using the right term?
Speaker 1: And I can probably, Yeah, you're right, you're right, probably can I think?
Speaker 7: Straight up?
Speaker 3: She said, I'm not. She said, I ain't classified as that. She told me straight up. She said, I don't want to be called that. She said, I don't get offending. Everybody asked me, like, do you get a fiting about what be doing? And she said no, I'm not a stud, she said. She in her own lane. I don't even know what they call her type. I really still don't know what they call her.
Speaker 1: She is not as the girls, but she.
Speaker 9: Would be I think for a lot of us straight women.
Speaker 3: She beat like a Brooklyn like you just she tough man. She ain't. She's a tough cookie the crack.
Speaker 5: I tell you that.
Speaker 4: So you hands selected her like, he was like, I know, I want to do this song for my could have been.
Speaker 3: It's because we got so many studs in the house, and I know that you know you can't do something like that without getting her approval. So I wanted to make sure we was doing everything and following suit, right, That's what it's about. Yea, yeah, representation.
Speaker 5: Congratulations on the Dunkin Donuts commercials.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: Endorsements Donuts.
Speaker 3: It's a bunch of stuff I didn't commercial. There's a bunch of stuff I don't know. I can't keep up with it.
Speaker 1: What's more lucrative endorsement money or the money you make off social media?
Speaker 3: Doing its equally the same kind of It just depends on the deal, I think, Uh, it depends on what what the deal is. So the super Bowl commercial definitely, that was my first time doing that, so that is lucrative. But the people out there don't know a super Bowl commercial is. You know what's crazy. I saw that Jim Carrey was supposed to be in this Dunkin Donuts commercial with all of us, so accidentally yeah, ye, Jim carry was supposed to be in it, and they accidentally sent the amount of money that he was supposed to get for the two hours that he was going to be on set. Wow, And I was mind blown. Yeah, well, we we had to act like we didn't see it, but then my team kind of yeah, it was. It was up there over two hours to be on set. Yeah, wow, it was. It was up in that area, and I'm like, what so we argue back with them. They didn't budge them. Do you ain't him care? Yeah, so they didn't. Yeah, but no, I just thought it was kind of like, damn, like this is the level to work up to. This is It was kind of inspirational a little bit, seeing the number that they had him there for two hours.
Speaker 1: We got more with Drew Ski when we come back. Don't move.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody, It's j n V. Justilarious, Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club, long the roaster singing with us as well. We're still kicking it with Drew Ski. Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: Now you got this new show could have been in Love? Are you really looking for love?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes, I am seriously, not seriously and and and the show will show that I am looking for love. And it was amongst a bunch of girls in the house. You know, I think it was probably the best situation to do because it's like bringing back the vibes of like flavor of Love and you know those shows like I Love New York and this time because nothing nobody in this generation has seen that. I grew up watching that type of stuff, you know, and that is really what I wanted to bring, that vibe of It was like, all right, if Flavor Flave can find love, Flavor Flav, No, I'm not saying that. I just met the dude. He's he still looked the same, but yeah, he's a good nice person. Now when a girl say you're a nice person, what that means, bro? What that means? No, he's a good dude. He's a good guy. But Flavor Flave can find love on television, I was like, all right, let me just go with his model. It makes sense, though, I.
Speaker 1: Think you're looking for what type of woman?
Speaker 13: Like what?
Speaker 3: We got a lot of women that was in the house, yeah, said, we got the trench babies in there. You know, so I wanted a selection of all I have white black Latino BBW. Yeah we got. Well he's not a contestant, doctor of contestant, but he is. He did help me find love. We had Bobby Altov, she was helping us find love. Caleb Presley girls off immediately. Yes, young and May also was helping us as well. Yeah, but uh yeah, doctor Umar he wasn't with all the you know, he was straight pro Afro American and he let them know. Like he was asking some of the Latino girls, He's like, do you see yourself as Afro Latino or just And I'm like, what the does that mean? It doesn't make sense what he's saying. It's like, what is afro Latino? He's like, do you believe you are Afro Latina? It didn't Yeah, he's he's a what.
Speaker 5: Made you.
Speaker 3: Fantastic? Yes, In particular, I wanted to see what girls were in it for the money, and I wanted to see what girls are in it honestly to be with the king. And he knows all about a king situation, like how could you uplift his empire? And that was one of the things he preached on in the show. But he got a little We had to get him set. He kind of crazy. Well he yeah, yeah he was. He was actually scaring the woman on the show. We got him off set.
Speaker 1: Jesus.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it got bad as a joker, he really.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I think he got into his bag of like he started arguing one of the white girls like that, and it got Yeah, you'll see it's on around the episode three or four. I think you'll see this is serious. It was serious.
Speaker 16: The teaser that you posted on your Instagram, you lean a lot into the whole Ruby Rolls. People thought that was fake situation. So I didn't know this show was like you're really looking for love or it's another gimmicks.
Speaker 3: We just wanted to make it like feel like yo, like this stuff was covered on TMZ and all these pages. We might as well look for love if this is what's going on. It's like, Yo, this year, for some reason, my love life has mattered the most. So it's like, all right, why wouldn't we do a show that's kind of what we wanted to show? Like, all right, this is kind of almost makes sense to do right now in a comedic way, of course.
Speaker 9: But for some reason it was in the back of the boat kissing Ruby Rose. That's why we care.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, no, I'm not saying for some reason. I'm just saying it just was.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: That's what this year consists. I've never really been public. Did no, I didn't, Well I didn't, she did. Yeah, she said you paid for all Jesus. Hey, that's neither here nor there.
Speaker 5: Brother.
Speaker 3: I just you know, I just go with the fl I let people talk, man, I don't love. Love is a strong word. Yes, I did. I did break your heart. Nah, I don't think at all. I think yeah, I think it might have just been my fault. There's some things that that transpired in the midst of all the you know all that boat man, you know how it goes. I don't know, did you cry? No, no, no, we wouldn't in that deep. But this that's why I said it wouldn't love. It wasn't at that point yet.
Speaker 9: But her, which was a big deal. I think that's why we all thought it was fake because we were like, yeah, never.
Speaker 3: Like you know what it was though. It was probably because we grew up around like the same area, so it was kind of like naturally eventually maybe gonna happen, you know what I mean. Like it was like because of friends and like other people around her camp, being with people around my camp, we always with see each other. It was like always like a blow by situation. She was like, yeah, but then sometimes.
Speaker 1: But I ain't got no money yet, you't no money. But that was at the time.
Speaker 3: No I'm saying at the time, no, no, no, I'm talking about back then. I'm saying, like when we grew up in the same area. So it's wanted her. But I ain't say that either. But I'm just saying it's like, but I might, I might, I don't know, but that transport together, No, I ain't. I don't think I bought No, No I did. I did. I did like some flowers. But it was only like a couple of weeks.
Speaker 9: It just wait your whole relationship with her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it might have been like I don't know, two three weeks in public, two three weeks. Yeah, I was wild. No, I wouldn't know. That's just what you know, what it is. It's because I thought, like, all right, this is what we're supposed to do. I'm thinking like, oh, we're both in the public eye. This is this is what's supposed to happen, Like let me get ahead of it before it happened.
Speaker 5: Type of thing.
Speaker 3: No, not even before it happens. It's like I was like, kid, I mean, somebody's gonna leak it at some point. We're going out in public and doing stuff. Might as well, might not, you know, like it might as well. So I don't think it was a bad situation to go public. I just think it might have just been a little too early, like with going public. I do believe you can do it too early before y'all get to adjust, and like we just like how you can move in with a female too early.
Speaker 16: I think anything that you do like revolving, like involving you and like you look, people would just be making jokes. And you posted a photo about you getting ready for the NBA All Star Game, kill old meal.
Speaker 4: They got you.
Speaker 3: But see that that's what it is. Sometimes that's why I say, you can't some goofy girls be like, oh my god, I'm made for you, like you have no idea, how funny I am. And I'm like, I have no you have no idea. I would never date you, you know what I'm saying, just because it's like sometimes you don't want a girl that play too much. Some of those girls that play too much just go too are too Like I have had a situation where a girl, you know what I'm saying, kind of like where you you said in that setting in the in the bedroom and she was like, damn, you got a gap between your legs and she wasn't talking about I thought. I was like what that means? She said, my thighs was making it look like.
Speaker 9: A gap, like they touched like they.
Speaker 3: Spelled the word got.
Speaker 9: Let's talk about this short.
Speaker 21: No, I'm not pronounced yeah, got a yeat a gap? Yeah a yeat like a yeat like a goat. Damn oh like god, damn, like a fat old ass said thighs. She said, man, that we're not here talking about it.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you what she said. So that's why I say to say sometimes it ain't good today the girl as goofy.
Speaker 5: You do too much in it.
Speaker 3: And I went from up to downtown real fast.
Speaker 1: It might not have been goody. That's just an observation.
Speaker 3: It's just a like that was like, did you like shut up? Yeah, it's like, come on now, don't say that right now. Because a girl that's goofy always dates a dude that's like quiet, kind of chill. If you ever noticed it, it's not that you can't handle it. Sometimes it be too much, man, it's too much. She told you together now when she said the gay it was cool, she would have said, but she said, you make a gap. I'm like, you wear getting ready for you wear your clothes or her.
Speaker 1: First of all, you wear T shirts and the pool.
Speaker 3: I'm a T shirt and the pool I'm gonna say, yeah, living your life a little bit, a little bit. Yeah, I'll throw it up a little bit. But you know, I'm one of them. I put it on like a little what what's like like a little soccer shirt? Why would you put the water shirts? You heard them? Yeah I noticed that.
Speaker 4: And it could have been look like sauty a little bit when you was doing it.
Speaker 3: Ain't nothing look like talking about.
Speaker 5: A little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Not saucy, man, saucy, Come on man, not that's a freaky ass right there. No, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying off the you know, being on all.
Speaker 1: We got more with Drew Ski when we come back.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. We all the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Drew Ski, Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: Question you Ky and keV. We know we want to see the movie. Is their actual talks happening.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, he just called us last night, spazing on us.
Speaker 5: Yeah he is.
Speaker 3: And Kevin just letting us know. He was like, guys, get serious about this because he he gave us a list of movies to watch to study. He wanted us to. I guess I watched some of the movies. But Cod dinnitt, So he was like, listen, man, it's not like you got to do y'all ain't doing. He said, what movies you got set up for this year? And we both just I said, come on, care, don't do that to us, man, don't but he's he honestly was just he's it's like hard parenting, you know what I mean. He's like letting us know, let yo lock in because this is like I'm trying to get y'all to that next level of thinking, Like all right, if I'm telling you to study this or do this, or study the script or look at this movie, that definitely is something you should do because this is gonna benefit your future. So, you know, he just was taking it hard on us. But yeah, nah, I think we have a bunch of meetings set up right now to where we'll be shooting very soon. I don't know exactly the month, but it will be this year. I've seen part of the script at the beginning of it. It's at the beginning stages to where they're like in a writing room right now. So writing room means like multiple different writers are like punching up jokes on it and then also all of us have, like I say, so on what's being written.
Speaker 1: So I do like that keV does that for y'all because there is another level. I know that you and k in a whole lot of moom, but there is another level to all.
Speaker 3: He's like, Yo, you guys are you guys are lit? But you know, if you want to be the man forever or you know, the superstar, this is the type of stuff you got to do. So he's just given that that firm parenting of like, take this serious, Like I understand y'all, yeah, saying, oh, I'm busy, I'm seriously guys, what movies you got set up right now?
Speaker 4: A Project X style movie? Was that one of the movies he asked you how to watch?
Speaker 15: What?
Speaker 3: No, it's I don't want to say, because then that will give off our idea of whatever we're shooting. Who told you Project X style?
Speaker 1: Common sense?
Speaker 4: A Project X style movie with you, Drew Ski, cav Kai, can you.
Speaker 12: With you?
Speaker 1: Kevin Kai and literally Kayle can be on scream the whole movie and and as you scream, the scream.
Speaker 4: Gets bigger, but the party keeps getting bigger and bigger.
Speaker 5: The house.
Speaker 3: I will say that this movie will be amazing whatever we do. I don't know the specifics all the way through, yet we're still in the right room. So yeah, Nah, keV is honestly being like the father figure, and I like add and all this up. So yeah, and he and he really is like locked in with all amongst all the other stuff he's got going on as well, like he's really he's locked in.
Speaker 1: Its listen, it's right there. I looked at key Key Palm and says that the movie is at forty million dollars the one that he's rap.
Speaker 4: I feel like y'all can do that.
Speaker 1: Are even more Yeah, easy, I agree, you know what I mean. And it's not going to cost a lock to shoot a movie with you like y'all that Yeah, that's the next level.
Speaker 5: I agree. This weekend, you're gonna be at the NBA Celebrity All Star Game. Did you play.
Speaker 3: I've been training. I've been training with a trainer from OTE over time and uh yeah, he's trained like Bradley Beal amongst other NBA players and stuff. So Court Fraser, are.
Speaker 1: You really trying to go out there and win MVP?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to win MVP because of course, I'm gonna be entertaining and wilding out and stuff, but I got you gotta put up some points to get the MVP.
Speaker 1: Gilly in the game. Uh No, I don't think they win an MVP. Yeah.
Speaker 3: NBA just gotta do better on the rosters, man, they gotta. I think they just should bring a little bit more of like our world into it. NFL did a good job this past weekend. Yeah, they had like me a Lotto sexy red car speed. They just had they had like people that like people understand like that these are celebrities. What the NBA they got. There's there's a lot of people on my team, on your team.
Speaker 5: I was on your team, Matt Barns on your teams.
Speaker 3: I knew that.
Speaker 5: Chris Brickley the training.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the Drew Skies point, he needs more of the generations.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying, like I just think that they you shouldn't have a couple more generate yeah my generation. No, not saying it has to be that either. I'm just saying, like what I think I'm probably gonna run point definitely not.
Speaker 4: You need to be playing center.
Speaker 3: Hey man, listen and after win MVP that I am at the guard position.
Speaker 1: You're not playing definitely playing guard, you're not playing god.
Speaker 3: Somebody online said I'm playing the wrong guard position. They said it's for.
Speaker 1: Football, you should do security.
Speaker 3: Somebody said, pulling guard, what do you do for Valentine?
Speaker 5: Valentine?
Speaker 3: The game kind of messes up any Valentine's Day plans. I got with a bunch of girls, had a bunch of them lined up. You gotta work. I had a bunch of them lined up. I just I'm playing in the game. I'm busy. I'm busy, Like I said, like, why can't she go with you the host all weekend? Hey, I'm locked in. I'm trying to get m v P true all the ones I had lined up. I can't do it. You can, Yeah, I can't do the whole Rose pedal at the hotel. Then I can't run it.
Speaker 5: Okay, what could have been love is out?
Speaker 22: Now?
Speaker 5: Where can they see it?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: They can see it on my YouTube at Drew Ski, So yeah, it could have been loved.
Speaker 5: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you for joining us following if you're not already.
Speaker 5: But who is it, gentlemen, it's the breakfast club, good board pouring. Everybody's the j n V. Jess Hilarrys Charlamagne. Guy, we are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the mess you.
Speaker 2: News is real weapons, Lars, Jessica, Robber Moore.
Speaker 5: Just don't do no lines, don't do that, talk.
Speaker 17: Don't spell, nobody talk little stations, world why jests, worldwide mess.
Speaker 5: On the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: She's the coaches ship.
Speaker 15: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something.
Speaker 9: That nobody could get you to see this time to set it off.
Speaker 6: So the February thirteenth even didn't go down the big meet Lauren, Welcome back each welcome back. Yeah, it was a welcome back party. Yeah, no, what happened? Like, oh my god, no, they canceled it. Oh my god, No, you sound so concerned. Honestly, it's given. Don't play with fifty cents.
Speaker 16: So yesterday the Immirants Bank Arena where the the party was supposed to go down there or concert were supposed to go down there, posted and said due the unforeseen circumstances, tonight's show has been canceled. Refunds will be made at point of purchase. Of course, you fifty cent posted this with the quickness he captured it and said, I had nothing to do with this. Please stop calling my phone. I sincerely hope you have a nice day to day, Happy Valentine's Day. I'm stronger than you think I am. With the smiley face Jesus.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 16: Now, we talked about how like there have been reports that some of the artists and stuff were pulling out, but I heard something about ticket sales not being where they needed to be as well too.
Speaker 1: What you mean I heard it they only sold nine hundred tickets. Sales was slowed.
Speaker 2: So how long is I mean, how big is the ingree people? Damn?
Speaker 1: And it sold nine hundred tickets, That's what I was told. I don't know if that's true.
Speaker 16: Or not, which is crazy to me though, because if it is ticket sales, or even if it's the other stuff, because fifty was saying that artists were pulling out because of all the allegations that he's throwing each his way right now.
Speaker 9: People were so hyped for me should come home and then now it's just done.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, It's like I felt like that was like one of the most talked about things, Like I wonder why.
Speaker 1: They didn't do it in like Atlanta, or Detroit, you know what I mean. Let Hannah King put her her hands on that thing in Atlanta, and you know, and then and they from Detroit, right.
Speaker 5: They're from Detroit. But I also think he lives in Miami, so I think he's you know, he can't leave Miami. He's in the house arrest. It would have to be in the city that he lives in.
Speaker 16: And Ross was supposting stuff like if you had tickets to the show already and you could show proof that you had tickets to the show. I forget what club they were going to, but he was saying like, if you came with the tickets like they would, they would do something on the entry or something like that. So they were trying to basically still make it up to the people who had already purchased their tickets.
Speaker 9: But yeah, that is a rap.
Speaker 2: M that's crazy. Ain't nobody come on and say nothing like big Meach, little Beach.
Speaker 9: No, not yet, big meach, little meat, not yet.
Speaker 6: Okay alone, I know, jesus, what else you got going on?
Speaker 9: Kanye West? The divorce?
Speaker 16: So remember we were talking about yeah, so the chicken wing him and Biaka Sen Sorry, we were talking about this. How there are reports right now that they were him and his new News are on their way to a divorce. According to the they have split and they are exciting a close source to a source close to Kanye. Now, this source say is that both people have reached like a good place with their divorce attorneys. So this if true, it's something that's been in the works for a while. I will say that uh, Milo or Milo that works with Kanye West has come out and said that this is not true. And before there were reports that remember they had split and they had broken up, and then we seen them in Tokyo together, laughing, joking, having a good time. So I don't know what's true or not, but I think right now everybody just reaching for a Kanye's story because he's been that where.
Speaker 2: Sick like she sighs, especially in The Winner.
Speaker 6: You want me to show up every way naked, like no socks, no nothing, like I'm cold, and what we're seeing her dance, she's trying to keep warm.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm saying this is she'd.
Speaker 2: Be looking happy though when she with them, But I mean, I guess she's supposed to.
Speaker 5: But where they're getting this information from, because every time they say they split, or there's a problem, there's a divorce. Somebody from Kanye seem says it's a lot. So people just may get something, people running with stories.
Speaker 16: I'm not for sure, but I reached out to someone close to the rapper, and their response to me was, why you keep believing this stuff?
Speaker 4: That's what consequence at I don't know.
Speaker 16: Journalists you do not reveal sources when you're not supposed to. And it was not consequence that I spoke to the consequence consequence like the reprie, Oh god, for real?
Speaker 1: No, the one with the love.
Speaker 2: No, remember, oh my god, talk about that one?
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, because he that's kind of guy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I had no idea.
Speaker 6: That's the only way I remember him them teeth Like on Love hip Hop he used to every episode just be like, oh my god, every episode.
Speaker 1: I had no idea.
Speaker 2: He was close with ye.
Speaker 16: So they're not getting a divorce basically, No, that that I mean from what I'm told. No, But would you be surprised if that were to happen.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just be wondering, why would have news outlet report that if just because somebody told him.
Speaker 6: That that girl was a goddamn prisoner. Okay, she's screaming for help, she's tired of not wearing any clothes.
Speaker 5: Just what it is, just about to do a coat drive for She's good.
Speaker 9: Now, I will say.
Speaker 16: Kim Kardashian came out and she was talking about, you know what led her to the point where she was ready to divorce.
Speaker 1: She's gonna be rip walking at somebody show next about No, Kim, do not do it. Don't do that.
Speaker 16: Yeah, So they basically were because Lamar Otam and Chloyd Kardashian have reunited recently on The Kardashians, and y'all know that that was a whole thing. Like Chloe hadn't been speaking to Lamar for some time, but Lamar was always trying to get back in her good graces. So because of that, Kim Kardashian actually started talking about what made her divorce Kanye, which she hasn't talked about in a while, and she basically said that the hardest part is that, like when she split from Kanye, you don't foresee it happening, and it really like changes a person's personality and then you're not the same person once you look back. And I think she said, when you're going through a break up like as bad as what she went through publicly with Kanye, and as bad as well Lamar and Chloe went through, you're not the same person and it makes you feel or almost hate the person that you were with.
Speaker 9: So that's why this came up. So now the headlines are picking up.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Kanye just in the news this week, y'all. People just like to grab and.
Speaker 4: Go with him because he gives us a lot to grab and go.
Speaker 6: Oh but but but it's interesting to know that Lamar has reunited, not reunited, but like got reacquainted with Chloe.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so he did.
Speaker 5: So they did crazy.
Speaker 16: They sat down in an episode and he came to come get some stuff that she said that she had in his house or had in her house that was his.
Speaker 2: Oh my boy for all them years and years, it's still some stuff over there.
Speaker 9: It was like some of his rings and stuff like that. So it was like big stuff.
Speaker 16: But basically in the part of the episode that you see, she gets emotional because she talks about being by his side when he was in the hospital. She talks about, uh, come on, yeah, this was actually a good reunion for her because Lamar has been on a lot of weird stuff just trying to get her attention. She finally gave it to him, and the conversation was very like it was deep. She talked about basically being by the side when his dad wanted to pull the plug on him for life insurance.
Speaker 9: That's what she alleged.
Speaker 16: She facetimes her mom, who gets emotional because she's like, I'm happy to just see y'all in a good place.
Speaker 9: But last time we talked to you, Lamar, you were going through so much.
Speaker 1: She stuck.
Speaker 16: He went hard attacks the overdose. She was Chloe be riding with her men. That's one thing about her up and downs in circles, Like what they.
Speaker 4: Say, sometimes you got to almost die to get your woman back.
Speaker 9: Oh no, they ain't getting back together, so we said she over Who said that?
Speaker 6: But I did not like when she saw our sister, Remember Lauren that episode when she told our sister Kim Lamar is not going to be known for anything else but a drug user.
Speaker 2: To hurt my feelings because he played basketball is.
Speaker 1: Absolutely true, that's what from that's right.
Speaker 4: Lamar was a green basketball player, not.
Speaker 5: Just a drug He was gonna be a basketball player.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, but thank you, Lauren.
Speaker 5: All right, well that was just with the mess charlamagneho giving that donkey too.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it's Valentine's Day, and you know, historically I've always given you know, Valentine's Day to the women that are lonely. But you know those days are over. Women are doing too much now. So I need all of these women who think they play is they need to come to the front of the congregation. We like to have a word with them. And you know, Jess, you don't even make no faces to me because you're a retired player. But Lauren, you sit right where you at. You need to sit right there that you move, don't you move because you really need to hear what I'm about to say.
Speaker 4: We'll discuss what we come back for after that hour.
Speaker 5: Don't do Lauren thirty man, she got a long night ahead.
Speaker 23: And I said, you hush, Okay, there's a lot going on that you don't know about it because you're.
Speaker 4: Not here today. We about to discuss some things.
Speaker 9: Okay, it's good, I'm good. Don't even worry about me, baby.
Speaker 5: We'll get to that next. It's the breakfast club. Good morning Wake.
Speaker 3: You're like to enter the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Say the game.
Speaker 1: Don't get.
Speaker 5: You are don't It's time for donkeys.
Speaker 4: Donkey to day does not discriminate.
Speaker 2: I might not have the song today, but I got to Donkey day, jos.
Speaker 1: So do you ever feel I need to be a donkey man to be with shit?
Speaker 3: It's a practice club, bitch.
Speaker 5: Please don't kive today today.
Speaker 4: Well as sharing donkey of today.
Speaker 1: For Friday, February fourteenth, Valentine's Day goes to all you women who want to be players, coyl er Ray. I blame you, Okay, yes, I blame you. When you came out with that sneaky bop back in twenty twenty two, Girls is players too. You shifted things for a whole generation of women. Now, before I begin, I would like to say that for years I historically gave the lonely women hell on Valentine's Day. Okay, the women who didn't have a man on any level, not a husband, not a fiance, not a boyfriend, not even a consistent sneaky link. And yes, ladies out there with a consistent sneaky link, you should expect something from that consistent sneaky link on Valentine's Day your best eater should come with an offering on Valentine's Day? Okay, what does your vagina have no value? Are you still mismanaging your poom poom in twenty twenty four?
Speaker 3: I have shame on you.
Speaker 1: I thought you learned how to properly manage your vagina by now, but I guess not. For the record, if you're a best eater, are your consistent sneaky link doesn't get you anything for Valentine's Days and your vagina truly has no value? Okay? That's right.
Speaker 4: You letting that consistent sneaky link sweat on you.
Speaker 1: You letting that man put saliva all over your honeypot and he can't get you a little something something for Valentine's Day. If that's the case, your vagina not worth the price of the Brazilian you got yesterday for today. But let's get back to these player asked women. Okay, I gave this some thought, and I have a question. What's worse actually being alone on Valentine's Day, not having a Valentine, not having someone to call your own, or being a player ladies and having about three on the rosta and having to juggle all three in the next. You know, well in this twenty four hours okay, See, you can be surrounded by people and still feel alone. And I know you ladies out there that are players who have about three competing for your love like this is early two thousands VH one reality show. I know y'all lonely.
Speaker 9: You can't fool me.
Speaker 1: If you wanted something that could have been loved, you'd have been on Jewice Ski show. No, you want the real thing, but guess what, you're not gonna find it because you're juggling, all right. You want to be a player out here with three men, three ready to lie about your period being on the two of them.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: I see what you're doing. See you're waiting to see who does what on Valentine's Day, And based on what they do, that's when you decide who you're gonna spend it. Late late night I was with Okay, but let me tell you something, my brothers, I need you to hear this. She already knows who she wants to be with. Okay, she got the whole itinerary planned out. Now let me tell you what she did, my brother, She probably told all of y'all that she's spending the day with her grandmother and mother, sounding something like this.
Speaker 23: My mother and my grandmother, niece, mother and the grandmother and the niece. The niece's diabolical.
Speaker 1: But you know as well as I do, that Grandma and Mama not gonna be out past, you know, past about eight, all right? They night clothes, headwrapped, calling it at night by nine? Okay? This, you know, so that player lady you chasing is just looking to see who is going to be active after nine pm, who's gonna be on her body after nine pm? In fact, I've heard these player ladies refer to having multiple suitors on Valentine's Day.
Speaker 4: I've heard them refer to this activity as a marathon.
Speaker 1: Now I'm not gonna say no names, but I was having a convo with one of those player ladies earlier this week, and she admitted Valentine's Day was going to be a marathon.
Speaker 4: I actually have it.
Speaker 1: Can we listen?
Speaker 4: I urge you a few prospects.
Speaker 16: I'm gonna go home and make sure that they get you know, their their roses and their candies that do it every year?
Speaker 4: How many how many.
Speaker 5: Guys ignore him? Continue on? I mean, go get yourself in trouble.
Speaker 1: What are you looking for this Valentine?
Speaker 4: Oh boys, what do you hope one of these? How does the person win?
Speaker 16: How does a person win? The winner knows how he's supposed to win. I don't have to get on Aaron say it.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's not.
Speaker 9: It's not a competition, as you know, it's it's a marathon.
Speaker 1: Now, let me tell you something. Don't don't let all that play talk confused you, okay, because it sounds bigger than what it is. See, player, player lady is not really built to be players, because if you was, you could be honest with all your hoes and let them know the hont is on. Okay, you out here telling them that you're spending the day with your mother and grandmother and niece, when the reality is you going to brunch with one, okay, at late lunch with the other, and then you spend the night with the one you really want to be with.
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna tell you why.
Speaker 1: It can get sticky when all of them know, okay, where you work, all right, and all of them pop up at the job at the same time because they was invited by a diabolical co worker.
Speaker 9: You ain't invite nobody nowhere.
Speaker 3: I know you got scared.
Speaker 1: You got no.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: But there was a traffic jam downstairs and the it was a traffic Guess what it was a traffic jam of envy, That's what it was a traffic.
Speaker 16: Jam of Jeff, tell me flowers the flowers. Yes, you did, because how would you downstairs?
Speaker 1: Because they called back you up, back, you back, called back to back to back.
Speaker 4: One call came in saying.
Speaker 1: We got flowers for guess who play another year Lauren l Rosa. Okay, let me tell you something. I was shocked because when they said flowers, I was thinking, oh wow, God send flowers.
Speaker 4: But guess what.
Speaker 1: They called again and then again, No, three men flowers.
Speaker 4: Up here for Lauren Lorosa.
Speaker 3: Guess what?
Speaker 1: Guess what?
Speaker 5: Guess what?
Speaker 4: Read the cards? You want to read the red card, the car said, I want to know where they're from.
Speaker 2: Read the car.
Speaker 16: I want you to know that this is Charlemagne being you know what. I can't ready for this. That's why I put on a red lit really really good read.
Speaker 4: No one don't wry about.
Speaker 1: I took another one, took picts of the messages on the card already.
Speaker 9: How did you get so fast?
Speaker 1: They've been here for thirty minutes, ma'am. As soon as they said we got flowered for Laura l Rossa. Do you think we didn't send people downstairs now, Jessica? Robin Moore? Just to Rob Moore, you're tired player. You're a retired player. What do you suggest, Lauren?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 1: Do or do you want me to read these messages first?
Speaker 5: On this card?
Speaker 3: Somebody said.
Speaker 9: You read the message the clip audio little short?
Speaker 1: Damn? Okay.
Speaker 4: Message one says.
Speaker 9: They're looking like chocolate milk.
Speaker 1: Message one says, I don't know what place I will finish in the marathon, but I hope it's first. Sincerely, you know who? Drop on the tool bomb for that smart man? Okay, glad you didn't.
Speaker 5: Leave a name.
Speaker 1: Better than remain anonymous when you're sending something to a player on Valentine's Day. Message number two from these other flowers says, damn, why it gotta be a race? I hope I'm not in second place? Sincerely, never number two, none.
Speaker 9: Of none of the people.
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 9: What's the third?
Speaker 5: One?
Speaker 3: Third and final?
Speaker 1: Message? Oh this is crazy, but leave the competitions for your heart to Quincy and Monica. I'm not racing nobody for nothing. This isn't loving track meets see you later, mister first place. I can tell by these messages, whose brunch, who's late lunch, and who's getting the late night?
Speaker 4: Okay, ladies, it's this the light.
Speaker 3: Is this the life you really want to lead?
Speaker 1: Ladies?
Speaker 3: Ladies?
Speaker 1: Is the player life really better than having a one and only Valentine? Are you gonna end up alone because these men are not gonna like the fact that all of them send flowers to your job at the same damn time, and your messy ass coworker read the messages on the air. I don't know, but just remember, whatever the outcome, this is the life you chose, damn because girls want to be players too. Please give all the lady players on Valentine the biggest He has ended up with nothing, this lady fection PI was denied you more of Lauren.
Speaker 9: You're gonna do nothing, and the you know he sent these flowers, pH.
Speaker 4: Balance gonna be all the way off.
Speaker 3: I'm talking to you.
Speaker 1: I'm just talking to all the lady players.
Speaker 9: And even if I did get three flowers, it ain't nothing. I'm not what you mean.
Speaker 5: Even if you're.
Speaker 9: Talking about balances, ain't.
Speaker 1: Three people doing on video?
Speaker 3: Ho see all right there you.
Speaker 9: First of all, let me tell you you knew that the flowers were here before they came up.
Speaker 1: No, first of all, they called downstairs when there's a package, Lauren, they called twenty five minutes ago.
Speaker 9: No, it wasn't twenty five minutes ago.
Speaker 4: How long ago?
Speaker 9: Wasn't And then also I I went and told Mac to go get them, yet you had what was on the car.
Speaker 5: All right, well, thank you for that down kid of the day. So I am so disappointed in Lauren.
Speaker 2: Reflexes.
Speaker 5: Big pimping for big, big pimping.
Speaker 1: Not damn, this is crazy.
Speaker 3: This is crazy.
Speaker 9: I'm not just it's cool because you're doing all this and you ain't stopping nuts.
Speaker 5: Here we go, all right, all right, well, thank you for that.
Speaker 9: Do nothing.
Speaker 5: Now when we come back.
Speaker 9: I feel bad because I really thought it was you know, my little whatever whatever.
Speaker 1: From the lip ball.
Speaker 5: We have Melissa Butler, We have I own Rutger Jamison. We also have Ellen Ruckers, sellers of Yes, we want to talk to.
Speaker 1: The next these young ladies, these women, they have products in all of these retail stores. Some of these retail stores have rolled back some of their DEI initiatives. So I want to talk to these women who actually have products in these stores about this situation.
Speaker 12: M h.
Speaker 3: What you're looking at a player?
Speaker 4: Okay, don't believe you're somebody.
Speaker 9: Who they don't believe you.
Speaker 16: You need more people, and I'm bote off nothing more than I can chew. I always handle mine.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 9: I'm good over these flowers. They stopping nothing, baby, I promise you.
Speaker 1: That's why I message number three says silly mister first place, see you later.
Speaker 9: Huh that message is so sassy. None of my none of them, I mean not them.
Speaker 5: Get well? All right, all right, all right, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody is DJ n V, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Laura Rosa filling in for Jess. We got some special guests with us this morning.
Speaker 1: We have the founder and CEO of the Lip Ball, Melissa Butler.
Speaker 5: Welcome, and we also have co founders of Rucca Roots, doctor Ellen Rucca Sellers and I Owed Rucca Jamison. Welcome, good morning having us.
Speaker 9: Thank you so much for having us.
Speaker 1: No, we you know, the reason we wanted you here to day is because this is all all this conversation about Target and should folks boycott Target because they rolled back their DEI policies. But then there are people who say we should be doing a buyout and supporting all the black owned products in Target, and you all have black owned products in Target. So we want to hear from you all.
Speaker 20: Thank you for this opportunity, Thank you for this platform. You know, I think it's very important for brand owners to have a voice in this because every day we are in there grinding.
Speaker 9: We have worked so hard to get on the shelf.
Speaker 20: The shelf space is a covenant space, right, everybody doesn't get the opportunity. And for a brand to get to shelf space, it's a huge, like a process like it is here. It takes years, it really does. And to stay there, it's so it's so hard too. And so I'm so glad that you gave us this platform because we need our community. We need our community to you know, galvanize around these black brands because we're fighting a good fight too, right, So let's let's tek.
Speaker 5: It back, let's go, let's go to the products let's start with since you're speaking, let's talk about Rucker Roots. What Rucker Roots is, and talk about the process of selling your product, because most people don't know, they don't understand. Like you said, they automatically think you have a product, you put it in Walmart and your good money. They understand that you know, it goes from one store and then the region and then from thencial store. So break it down to what Rucker Roots is, how it started, and how you So for.
Speaker 20: Rucker Roots, we're all natural haircare company I own and I started it in twenty fifteen with the goal of being a household brand, right, and so we started it in professional salon, so we gave product to stylists and let them use the product.
Speaker 9: We had a distributor.
Speaker 20: Then we went to trade shows, which we met Melissa at several trade shows, trying to get your product out there.
Speaker 2: So you're in front of the consumer.
Speaker 20: And once you get the notoriety or the once you get enough recognition amongst some of these retailers, they come to you and say, hey, you know, let's talk about coming into retail. And so our first retailer was Sally's Beauty and then Target and after you you get one, you get more.
Speaker 9: But you know, in order to stay in.
Speaker 20: Those retail stores, you get audited. Basically every year you have a line review. If you're not performing, guess what, your space is gone. And so when we look at the boycott, I'm not telling people not the boycott, like, that's not in my spirit, That's not where I.
Speaker 2: Come from, you know. I mean boycotting is part of you know, our bloodline.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 20: What I am telling people is you can't forget these black brands that have worked so hard to get there because it's a long process.
Speaker 1: And see, that's why I think a buyout is good because of what you said. If you know, these products are sitting on the celf and Target and nobody goes in there and buys.
Speaker 4: Them, then that gives them a reason to say, you know what, get this stuff out of here.
Speaker 20: And honestly, isn't that the goal? Absolutely isn't that the goal? And that's that's what we're working. I mean, that's the goal for them, you know, to weed us out, to discourage us to you know, bring trauma and drama and all the things that you know, as black women we have we have to deal with every single day yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, Ellen.
Speaker 24: Ellen and I are sisters, and we're from South Carolina and a belasyth Carolinian, say Charlemagne, And we come from a very big family and a very small town where four out of ten people in our town are unbaked or either under Bay, so they don't have the debit cars to shop online. All they have is to go into our local Walmart and get products South Shells. So that's forty percent of our clientele that can't shop online. Now we're not telling you not to shop online, because as we all know, we want you to shop online. But you know, we come from a small town where a lot of our clientele can't shop online, which is we don't even when COVID hit our hometown, we couldn't even have remote schools because most of the people don't have the enemy. Yeah, so we want our people to be able to go to the wall and pick up our products and shop.
Speaker 22: And I think more than anything so throughout this process, it's been really disappointing to feel the wrath of our own community. Like I started the lip Bar in twenty twelve, literally making lipstick in my kitchen because I was frustrated with the beauty industry. It's lack of diversity, it successive amounts of chemicals. But I really wanted to center black women, and I've been doing that for twelve years, like twelve years. I've been standing up for black women saying, hey, you are enough. Hey, I am creating products for you. Hey, I'm making sure that I am building our self esteem collectively. And so when this happens, I want our community to know that we are disappointed too, Like we're upset with Target and Walmart and Google and all of these companies that have shut down their DEI.
Speaker 9: But to ask us to.
Speaker 22: Remove our products from retail, it's unrealistic because what does that look like for most black businesses. It looks like a shutting down our actual businesses. So you ask, like, how does it work to get into retail. Well, how it works is we buy inventory upfront months in advance, you almost a year. So when you think about retail, When you think about retail, it's kind of a crazy thing, like we buy products to sit on shows just in case you want it, which means that we are we are having to outlay capital at the forefront for thousands, hundreds of thousands of dollars and thousands of units, so that if you go into your local Target, Walmart, CVS, it is available for.
Speaker 9: You a minimum amount of it depends on it depends on how many doors. Some stores do have that. Yeah, it's a large amount, and they don't give you money to and they don't.
Speaker 22: Give you money to up it, and so you have to buy that inventory, but you don't get paid on that inventory for sometimes eight months, you know, a year, depending on when you set and then once they place the order, you can have terms that are net sixty ninety. So like black owned brands are waiting on their finances to come through, we can't just pull our products from Target. Were wearing contracts with them. We are for the most part dependent on retailers to ensure that we have the visibility and to make sure that we have the turns. Now, some people will say like, oh, well, just you know, make sure they shop at your dot com y'all. In twenty twenty, when black people when it was a trend to shop black.
Speaker 9: Businesses, we all benefit it. Yeah, we all benefited. It felt good. We were living in the money.
Speaker 22: We hire more people, we bought more in mentory and then guess what it wasn't in vogue to shop black anymore. So I want us to remember the buying power of black businesses. Sure, if you want a boycott, boycott because there is so much power in our dollars. But at the end of the day, we have to be intentional about our shopping to make sure that our dollars are going back to our communities.
Speaker 9: Because guess what black people hire.
Speaker 22: Black people, Like my team is seventy five percent black, my team is one hundred percent women.
Speaker 9: I'm investing in my community.
Speaker 22: I gave thirty five thousand dollars in grants to black women last year. So it's like these are this is what black businesses are doing. So the minute you decide that shopping black is a trend, it negatively impacts us. The minute you decide that you won't shop in the stores that carry our products, it will impact us. Now, we're not here to say you should shop and these retailers. If you feel disrespected, you have the ability and the right to take your dollars wherever you are most comfortable. But to your point, don't forget about us. Please do, in fact, go to our dot com exactly when we come back.
Speaker 5: Let's still kick it with Melissa Butler from lip Bar, Ellen Rucca Sellers, and Ion Rucca Jamison from Rucca Roots. Don't Move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's dj n V just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Layda Rosa hanging with us as well, and we're still kicking it with Melissa Butler from lip Bar and Ellen Rucca Sellers and I own Rucca Jamison from Rucca Roots, Lauren.
Speaker 16: I heard I saw a report that one of the brands said that they found out when we found out that that the.
Speaker 9: D'll find out. We can inform nothing, nothing. And so now we're just on the front lines fighting on social media because people.
Speaker 22: Are are coming at us as if we did it, as if we created it.
Speaker 9: So no, we did not have a head up. That was very unfortunate.
Speaker 22: But I will say, like myself, people like Tabatha Brown, people like from Honeypop, we have been having constant conversation with Target about the impacts, about their responsibility.
Speaker 9: In the matter, and frankly pushing them on what they need to do next.
Speaker 22: And so just know that just because like we are online and we're still selling our products. That does not mean that in the background we are not fighting the good fight within the retailer, because at the end of the day, like I know people are upset with Target and Walmart, but like we actually have skin in the game, Like, yeah, you need to find a new place to shop your toilet paper, but we are actually.
Speaker 9: In business with them, So of course we're upset.
Speaker 22: We are more upset with these retailers for blind siding us and for frankly not being clear on what this actually means. Now that being said, all of those brands for the most part, shopped or launched in Target before DEI was this three letter trend word like going back to like dark and lovely. They've in pushing and building small black owned businesses, so as far as I know they continue, they will continue to do that. But the reality is we are we are witnessing an attack of d I. We are witnessing an attack from the government on d I. So like, how how are we all supposed to manage that? Are we supposed to shut down our gmails?
Speaker 5: I was gonna ask the d get your products in there? Did they give you the opportunity to get in there? No?
Speaker 9: No, no, no, we got into retail because we were a strong brand.
Speaker 20: Now do you know some of the buyers look like us and they appreciate, you know, representation absolutely. You know, some of the buyers that we have met with, you know, with some of our retailers, they are African American buyers. And that's so important too to make sure that you know, we you know, have those people in those positions so that they can bring in brands like us and understand the importance. But if you look at how much African Americans spend, I mean, they're.
Speaker 9: These retailers, are they all?
Speaker 24: And the money making business, right, we spend money. So yeahs we don't foresee our brands going in I mean, you know we don't.
Speaker 5: They want to make money, and.
Speaker 24: Our consumers spend the most money.
Speaker 2: That's just facts.
Speaker 22: So I just really, black women spend nine times our white counterparts on beauty product and so obviously there's a difference in a black woman's hair and a white woman's hair in terms of makeup. Aside from color theory and a brand caring enough to actually have a wide range of colors, there's no there's no real difference. And so my buying team is actually not women of color. They've never been women of color. And so I think that speaks to the idea that, like to your point, they're in the money business. Like everybody here is trying to fill a gap. Everyone is trying to figure out how do I get more customers to shop our products. And this is where you know, if you have a recer, root, if you have a bar, and you understand that this can bring a different customer, you have an advantage. And so we all have strong businesses, we all have strong brands, we have strong followings, and that's how we've been able to stay in retail this long.
Speaker 4: Yeah, somebody told me, and I don't know if this is true.
Speaker 1: They said Target didn't actually roll back their initiative, they just changed the name. Is that true.
Speaker 20: I think that a lot of these corporations are scared to get sued by the government, right. I think that's what they are nervous about, you know, this new administration coming in and making all these changes and the war on diversity, equity, inclusion, and they're scared to get.
Speaker 9: Sued if they put it out there.
Speaker 20: And I know, you know, just this week, we just we just shipped huge orders to you know, one of our retailers.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, but I.
Speaker 1: Wonder if that's because of the they're calling it a bycot, because there's some people who are like, no, I'm gonna go in these stores and I'm going to buy all the black products. I may not buy anything else, but I'm gonna buy a black product.
Speaker 20: We want you to do that, and we're not telling I'm like, we're not here to tell you where to shop. We're here to tell, like, ask you to shop with us.
Speaker 9: We love y'all. You know, we need you, We love you.
Speaker 2: We are here for the fight. We're in it for us.
Speaker 20: We're not telling you to not forcott, but we're telling you to, you know, support these brands, support us.
Speaker 24: We're going on ten year anniversary and we couldn't have done it without our consumers and our loyal customers.
Speaker 2: So thank you.
Speaker 24: Continue to support Rocker Routes, follow us on all platforms at Brooker Routes and of course, Ellen said online broker Routes dot com.
Speaker 20: And we're Amazon, Walmart, Target, Sally's Belt, Jcpenny, and our website. I'll just say the lip bar has always been a community based business. It's the community that has got us this far, and please know that.
Speaker 22: We will continue to invest in the community like we will never turn our back. Like I am from the blackest city in America, Detroit, Michigan.
Speaker 9: So just know that I am always putting us first.
Speaker 5: There you have it and try it. It's the breakfast club. Good morning, the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Let's play. A lady still in here lying talking about I sent these flowers. I did not send these flowers. Talk but none of her boys would send her these Paul Bell flowers.
Speaker 9: None of my boys, I said, my boot, No, she.
Speaker 1: Said, none of her guys who send her these Paul Bell flowers. That said he's sending you a message to let you know. Is very mature out here.
Speaker 9: I will say that this is very mature.
Speaker 5: Well, this is usually where we do past the US.
Speaker 1: But is sick because she's single. She didn't want to be anything.
Speaker 9: She couldn't take it, they warned me.
Speaker 2: And I still can't walking around us.
Speaker 1: Walking around with little ear things on her head talking about I love you. She ain't got no Valentine nihilistic you know, It's just it's rough out here.
Speaker 9: Man, flowers.
Speaker 5: Let's get to jest with the mess.
Speaker 14: You is real.
Speaker 2: Hilaris just Ca Robbing Moore just don't do no lines.
Speaker 6: Don't do that till nobody.
Speaker 1: World Why jes worldwide mass on the Breakfast Club. He's a coaching ship.
Speaker 15: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get you to see.
Speaker 5: It's time to set it off.
Speaker 6: So it's a lot of music that's been dropping, and we're gonna get into sound. We got Drake jaw Quez and drops offset the Baby. Yeah the Baby, Okay.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So taking it back to Drake, but not too long because I know y'all y'all hate the.
Speaker 5: Album, but I didn't listen to it yet, so I can't say what.
Speaker 4: I was just more the same.
Speaker 1: It's it sounds manufactured. There's no soul. It's like I said, it's ai in.
Speaker 9: You wanted more from him, right, Maybe I expect more from Party.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 16: Party is a great artist, but this this was Drake's Mommy. I wanted to play the top of give me a hug. I feel like people are skipping over this because I think this explains why we didn't get that deep, soulful sound that you want it from Drake. Let's say, listen, I think Drake, he's he gotta he gotta get his foot in back, y'all. He's been through a lot, got to get his foot him back fatself.
Speaker 6: The comments, there's a lot of the things that I feel like that's that's all them, Like what he was just rapping about.
Speaker 16: All of that stuff was in the comments. You know, let's get into him. And I think people wanted to hear how he really felt about it, But like, would you get on the track right down to really do that?
Speaker 1: You do realize this is a collaboration with Party and it's supposed to be an R and B album, But the fact that it's an R and B album, But y'all keep going back to the rap. She'll let you know everything you need to know about the R and B that's on the album. But I didn't hear it.
Speaker 5: But I love I love when Drake raps. I don't necessarily love the R and B point the stuff.
Speaker 16: I like his the R and B album, I think the fake the fact that Drake got talked to himself like and that mirror means he needs some more time yards too soon.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't be called give me a hug, It should be called I need a hug that I thought, That's what I thought we would have did.
Speaker 5: Him expressed his feelings in his music instead of going online when he goes. When he does it in the music, I say.
Speaker 1: He needs a hug. He know, he said he want to hug, just call give me a hug. Well, I love in bings people trying to make excuses for each other.
Speaker 2: Well, asking for a hug, you need one?
Speaker 16: He do on this song he acts a for the hug like the person that you've seen in a minute that'd be like, come here, y'all, give me a hug. Those people, it's kind of annoying. But next song, speaking of just you know, getting into some things. So joc quis in Dage Loaf. Now before we get to the song, we talked about this and just with the mess earlier. Jess, remember when we were talking about how like Dage Loaf Deandrasandra.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what happened with that?
Speaker 16: So Dage Loaf and Jocquee actually sat down and they addressed this whole situation. There's been a fallout with jack Quie's fiance because of the collaboration. Let's say a listen and.
Speaker 25: My understanding, she don't really understand the entertainment industry, because I think that's why you see like the outlashes on the Internet and just different stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I think she probably do that to be heard or something.
Speaker 25: I mean, of course I don't like it, you know what I'm saying, But I try not to indulge in the internet stuff, you know what I'm saying. So I try to stay like as far away from it as possible. In the public. Anybody that knows me, I feel like they just know that I'm passionate about my work and my dream.
Speaker 12: I respect people, you know, but I also it's like, do y'all respect the friendship. I've been out the picture, you know, and I stay out the picture unless his business. Like we don't even hang out as much and do the cool that we used to do. So now it's you know, it's respect. Females is never even taken to me for real, or even if they did know me. They don't like me, now you know what I'm saying, just because they don't like our bond and our chemistry.
Speaker 9: So now y'all heard all that, Jess, go ahead.
Speaker 6: I just felt like, what do you mean she's doing? Going back to what Jacque said, like, what do you mean she's doing this to be heard or whatever. Yeah, because obviously you don't hear her. You know, even if she don't understand, it's your job to make her understand what's going on, you know what I mean. And to hear her say that she was like she couldn't come to you. Then then she said that she was blocked from some type of rehearsal. She was, Yeah, I wasn't allowed to be there, like she not ever supposed to feel like that, you know what I mean, especially if we just had a baby. You proposed to me, you tell it, you doing all these interviews, how much you're gonna marry me and all that stuff, and then next that.
Speaker 2: You know, that's why rappers supposed to lead there.
Speaker 6: I get why they leave there personal life private, because that's not even supposed to be a thing.
Speaker 2: You're not supposed to be on it.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 16: I want to take a listen to some of the songs because I will say, if your friend zone one was very flirty, very whatever, And I think that's what spark the rumors, even though you know they're saying this platonic.
Speaker 2: It's called the friend zone, Baby, friend.
Speaker 16: Zone too, but this is a continuation of the twenty seventeen project. To be fair, before DeAndre was in getting But that girl just had a baby. Her mind is fresh on she just went through this with Dreasy. It's too much.
Speaker 9: Now take a listen to the song.
Speaker 5: She better not listen to that album, oh very much.
Speaker 16: That that is a remake of There still belong to somebody They did this belong to somebody else, and it's still belong to somebody else, So they kind of like sample their own song, but it very much leans into we crossing the boundaries of a friend zone.
Speaker 9: But they have said that this is platonic.
Speaker 16: DeAndre Sanders also did say that she tried to introduce herself Today's Loaf twice but Dage didn't want to meet her, according to DeAndre, and she's basically saying, y'all go, please give their little album some press so they'll stop leaning into This song was.
Speaker 1: Born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight. Man, y'all really be having sex to music like that now? I don't know, Okay, music.
Speaker 2: Right side your nigga, Like, why are.
Speaker 1: You putting it?
Speaker 9: You're trying to tell me something.
Speaker 2: Belonged to you whatever, Like, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Making sure?
Speaker 3: I'm like, that's what y'all playing?
Speaker 5: Interesting thing?
Speaker 2: Is they gay? Ain't she know she got like a girlfriend or something.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They both in public relationships with with people.
Speaker 1: Like you telling me the stud out there ready to She's ready to she's ready to stand up and be.
Speaker 2: Like, oh that is the feminist is the one?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Like, I feel the same way, DeAndre. What's her name?
Speaker 9: DeAndre?
Speaker 3: I feel the same way, DeAndre.
Speaker 4: I know your pain, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: But I think she could be by though, Yeah, she could be, but she just she's in it. I thought, you know, I swear I saw something like she.
Speaker 16: Had posted photos a minute ago. Yeah, but I don't know where she is right now. Yeah, I don't know where that is right now.
Speaker 3: Between it don't matter.
Speaker 6: I don't know now she it's mad is about how DeAndrea feeling, like listen, because that girl could be going through spot them on anything.
Speaker 2: And why would you deny meeting the girl?
Speaker 26: Why did you?
Speaker 6: Why would you decline on meeting meeting DeAndrea? If you and if you and Joculis are strictly platonic, I don't understand it is a.
Speaker 1: Sticky situation though, because you know, it seems to me like the two people Jacque and Days probably would have been better friends than lovers, and they probably should have never been in a relationship. And it's the worst one. You realize, you realize that after y'all, I'm sweating on each other because you can't. You cannot a person.
Speaker 9: They engage DeAndre and DeAndrea and.
Speaker 16: You're talking about I don't know if they ever really sweating on each other in real life or if this is just for the music, like a year's confused.
Speaker 1: I don't know what about I'm listening to. I thought the problem was that he used to be with Dave them doing music.
Speaker 5: We don't know what he got it, right, that's the gist of it.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah, okay, all right, But I'm about stay out these young people's business, I know, right, I know.
Speaker 2: They pissing me off.
Speaker 4: And it's too tik tak.
Speaker 1: It's too well, that is just with us, too much TikTok.
Speaker 5: But happy Valentine's to anybody.
Speaker 16: Valentine's Day, Everybody's Valentine.
Speaker 5: Don't go anywhere, says everybody talking to all our wholes.
Speaker 3: If you're like into the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Owning everybody's d j n V. Justselari, Charlamagne and God we are the Breakfast Club. It's Black History Month for what we do today, Charlamagne, Man.
Speaker 1: S Luthor, my guy. Be Dot you know every day doing Black History Month. Be Dot puts out a podcast called I didn't Know Maybe you didn't either, and today's episode is about HBC using pbis. HBC using pbis are the dynamic duo of black education, one with a rich history of excellence and the other urban hero meeting that today needs.
Speaker 4: Be Dot, let's discuss.
Speaker 5: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't know?
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 4: Now, let's start with the HBCUs. They the ogs.
Speaker 26: These schools go way back, like before your grandma's grandma was even thinking about having kids. Back, you did what I'm saying. First one Chainey University eighteen thirty seven. That's right, Black folks was out here educating themselves when slavery was still happening. Imagine trying to study algebra when people out here trying to enslave you. Now that's some dedication. HBCUs were like, y'all don't want us in your schools. Cool, we'll build our own schools. And they did it big. Howard Spellman, More House, HBCU Homecomings.
Speaker 4: You know the vibes.
Speaker 26: If you never been the one, you're missing out now. PBIS that's Donnie and Mark and Joey and Jordanill. You know, new kids on the block cause PBIS came later. They're like, we might not have the history, but we're here for the hustle.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 26: PBRs are schools located in urban areas where most of us live. And they said, listen, black students are here, We see you. Let's make this work. But PBIS weren't always for us. Some of them started as regular old colleges and then looked around and said, oh snap, half our students is black. Guess we're PBI now. Now here's the thing. Both HBCUs and PBIS are here to lift us up. They're about helping us get degrees, build careers, and to help you stop having to ask for your mama's car. And both are cranking out black excellence. HBCUs gave us Martin Luther King, Junior, Oprah and Chadwick Boseman. Pbi's are newers or their alumni like, hey, we're still coming up right now, but we got next.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 26: Although there are similarities, there are also differences. The big difference HBCUs are about legacy. You walk onto an HBCU campus and it feels like a Black family reunion where everybody's a tt or on period. There's history in the air. Pbis they're about right now. They're like, what do you need? You need resources, you need scholarships, you need snacks. We got you, so we need both.
Speaker 4: Why because racism doesn't take a day off.
Speaker 26: HBCUs are there to remind us is where we've been, and PBRs are there to make sure no one gets left behind. It's like a relay race. HBCU started it and PBRs grabbed the baton stick. That what you're saying when somebody passing you the baton. I ran track a little bit in high school. It wasn't very good, but I know the jargon. So whether you REPP and FAM, you Winston, Salem, State, Howard, or some PBR in your city, just know this.
Speaker 4: These schools are for us, by us. They fooboo schools.
Speaker 1: And I didn't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe you didn't either.
Speaker 5: Happy Black History Month, everybody.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, and make sure you subscribed to I didn't know maybe you didn't either. On The Black Effect, iHeartRadio podcast Network available everywhere you listen to podcast.
Speaker 5: All right, when we come back, we got the Positive Notice, the Breakfast Club, the Morning Pining, Everybody's DJ nd Jesse, Hilarious, Charlamagine, the guy we are to Breakfast Club. Laurla Ross is hanging with us. Now. I know, Lauren, you have nothing to do tonight, but I got something for you. Saturday Night Line fifty. It's the Homecoming Concert. It's on Peacock. It's a live event. It's hosted by Jimmy Fallon. It's gonna be packed with all types of appearances. They're gonna be highlighting some sketches and they're gonna have some musical performances. So I know you don't have a date and really nothing to do tonight.
Speaker 1: This is something you might want to do.
Speaker 9: You'll be minding my business real bad in me, but I'm not lying.
Speaker 5: It's tonight, February fourteenth. It's on Peacock and you can go. It's gonna be a lot of entertainment. It's gonna be performances. So when you're sitting there by yourself lonely tonight, you can be entertained.
Speaker 16: Y'all just think I just sit lonely with like ice cream in the dark, and you know what I'm gonna lean in. You're right, I'm gona put it on Peacock.
Speaker 9: It's live. I've actually seen s and n person sorobably gonna But see the.
Speaker 1: Thing all those holes is that you know when you actually gotta settle down and have one, you're gonna end up with nothing like this morning of a bad I know what bad her. God's already texting her right now, like old word? How many old word texts you got this morning?
Speaker 12: None?
Speaker 3: You're a liar.
Speaker 16: Zip zero sends you with thein error. I don't I don't understand what you What do y'all think I'd be like doing.
Speaker 1: What tex you got yesterday? Then you said somebody text you.
Speaker 16: Yesterday and said how diabolical you are and how well I handle it because they know the domesticated wifey version of me.
Speaker 5: Well you won't be doing much. So the best is Saturday Night Live tonight on Peacock. You because you said you're going out with your aunt and your mom, so y'all can all sit together and watch it together. Check it out, you guys, have a great weekend. It's gonna be a three day week and it's President's Day on Monday.
Speaker 1: President Day is Monday. Saluted Drewski for pulling up. Make sure you check out his show Could Have Been Love, available on YouTube right now. Episode one is out right now. And salute to the good sisters man. Melissa Butler's the lit Bar. I own Rutger Jamison and Ellen Rutgers, sellers of Rucker Roots. They are just some entrepreneurs, Black entrepreneurs who have products and a lot of these retail stores that have rolled back a lot of DEI initiatives. Man, So it was good to have them up here just to hear their thoughts about that and how we can continue to support their businesses.
Speaker 5: All right, well, you got a positive know for the people I do.
Speaker 2: That go ahead, Just four, y'all get to.
Speaker 6: The no Next Sunday, February twenty third, I will be in Tampa at the heart Rock Casino on Hotel y'all. Get y'all tickets at jesselariosoficial dot com.
Speaker 2: It's one show. The show starts at.
Speaker 6: Eight and I will see y'all want to get there at Sampa. It'll be me and my brother, Dessie Alexander. I haven't been there in a few years, but I'm totally excited. So point me in all the good direction, all the directions of the good food.
Speaker 4: Ay and listen. I want to tell everybody too.
Speaker 1: If you at Newark, New Jersey, pull up the hash story here tonight from five to seven, We're just gonna have a little mixer. It's Valentine's there. You know, a little pregame. You might want a pregame before you go out to dinner, you know, go out to the movies, whatever it is you want to do. Pull up the hash story of seven nine to nine Broad Street in Newark, New Jersey. Premium Cannabis Legal Cannabis dispensary in Newark. We got a DJ gonna be there tonight, Dj Andy Warhosse. You'll be DJing from five to seven tonight, seven nine nine Broad Street, Hash Story of Newark, New Jersey. Pull up before you pull up a pre game before you go out for the night. Man, Okay, see you to night.
Speaker 2: Everybody. Don't get too high and go right back in the house. Game at a dispensary.
Speaker 4: That might be even better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, that might be to save some money.
Speaker 4: Save some money.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: To get high, get the munchies, get go, go home, you girl, sweat on each other, that's right, and the positive notice simply this love. That's what the day is all about, right, even though every day should be about it. But love yourself first, and everything else will fall in the line. Love yourself first, and everything else falls in the line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. Okay, so you can jump out there and talk about I love you today, baby, I love you, None of that is real. If you don't love yourself first, have a blessed day, breakfast club, you don't finish what y'all done.