Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Statovac along with Carol Master. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. With us is Bloomberg Television Markets correspondent Nora, Melinda Nora. You are Bloomberg TV Markets correspondent. But in a previous life you followed homebuilders very closely. Still follow Okay, you still follow.
Speaker 3: You can't get away, can't get away from real estate stocks at this point, but looking at shares of homebuilders not a great day. I'm looking at S one to five home that's an index right now down about four point four percent in trading. This is really after Evercore analysts came in. They downgraded a lot of the stocks in the industry. Dr Horn, Toll Brothers. They do more the luxury end of things, KB Home, they cater to a lot of the entry level buyers. But the essentially cutting them, downgrading them to inline from outperform. And this is based off of of course high rates has anticipated. Not too much more to the story there, apart from the fact that they're saying that there are seeing a lot of sluggish demand right now. It's really just underscoring the story that we've been talking about for months on end at this point where there's not necessarily a scarcity of supply here, but it's more or less the idea that there is demand that's really weak, especially as a lot of consumers are grappling with a lot of constraints right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Remember I said to you though I had like three or four house.
Speaker 1: I was shocked to hear you say in my neighborhood.
Speaker 4: And there's actually one, two, maybe three on my street.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's really surprising.
Speaker 4: Is there another piece of property that someone's bought and they're totally gutting and reached out?
Speaker 1: So how long? How long is have these homes been on the market? Are moving?
Speaker 4: One has been there for a while.
Speaker 1: So they need to lower the price.
Speaker 4: He went up like late spring, early summer, so it's been sitting there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See there's a little bit of inventory in your neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Okay, these are previously used homes in our neighborhood. Way, Yeah, so these new ones existing home they're high, they are high.
Speaker 4: They are high. Let's talk about a stock that you came out of purview, if you will, Yestreet late yes day and moved down the right way yesterday.
Speaker 3: So we did see shares of Apple Love and that ticker app slumping about fourteen percent yesterday at the close. But we are seeing a rebound today. But what we were talking about, of course, and what you're pointing toward, is the report from the Bloomberg News that the us SEC has been probing some of the company's data collection practices here, and City did come out today they're saying that they would be buyers on this weakness here. You really are seeing a boost and shares App Love and shares up about eight point nine percent right now as we speak. But all this aside, it's been such a sellar year for this company. Shares are up nearly one hundred percent so far year to date, so investors are seeing some really great returns. But of course you are just seeing a bit of a rebound story today as people really digest what was said yesterday and how City analysts are now coming out saying this might be an opportunity to buy here.
Speaker 1: So App Love and last year up seven hundred percent, yeah, and up in twenty twenty three two and eighty percent the year before, in twenty twenty two wasn't so good.
Speaker 3: Percent Data data collection well, according to our dees page, develops technologies that help businesses of every size connect with their ideal customers. Add marketing business here, advertising tech company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well, speaking of tech, yeah, we don't have much time left. I wanted to get to Oracle, that's also on your rail and.
Speaker 3: Name that we can never forget. It feels as though that's the case. Let's take our orcl shares her down about two point eight percent right now, but we're earlier tumbling as much as seven percent. This is after the Information reported that it's fast growing cloud business that's powered by of course and videos Chips has had quote unquote razor thin gross profit margins in the past year. They're citing internal documents here, So I mean, this is really interesting, especially you think about this in the face of all the news that we've been hearing with Oracle recently in the red today but up in the green year today. Shares her up about sixty nine percent so far this year.
Speaker 2: The Stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio check back with us throughout the day. For the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.