Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks. You and I make decisions every day, but on Prize Picks, being right can get you paid. Don't miss any other excitement this season on Prize Picks, where it's good to be right. Y'all already know I'm pumped with this upcoming season of football. Nothing like September football when you still got so much hope in your team. I got my guy, Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore Ravens to watch. You already know I'm always picking more tds for Lamar. Still think he's robbing the MVP, but we're gonna get it right with Lamar. On Prize Picks. Also, right now, there's a max discount offer where projection lines are at the minimum. All you need to do is pick more on Lamar point five pass yards. You know what you do and what my lineups look like. Now, more and more and more Lamar and more than point five pass yards all day with that max discount projection minimum, Prize Picks is simple to play. Just pick more or less two to six player stat projections. If you get your picks right, you could cash in. Prize Picks is also the best way to get on the actual sports in more than forty states, including California, Texas, and Georgia. Prize Picks puts their users first, so always draw a fast, safe and secure. Prize Picks offer Benmo, Apple, pay MasterCard and more for quick and easy deposits into your account this football season. Prize Picks also offer injury reboots. If your player leaves the game in the first half and does it return, Prize Picks won't count of the loss. Okay, Prize Picks, I see you for the people. Prize Picks is the best way to win cash this football season. Which players are going off, which ones aren't. Make your picks in less than sixty seconds, and turn your takes into cash all season long on Prize Picks. Prize Picks is the best place to win cash while watching sports. Join millions of users and sign up today. Download the app today. Use coch Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars in lineups. That's coch Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: It's good to be right, Come.
Speaker 1: On ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: Y'all know me.
Speaker 1: I'm your favorite Uncle Shannon Sharp, my partner in co hosts. He's Liberty City's own. He's matting and ratings adjuster. He's Bengal Ring of Fame honoree. He's a pro bowler, a former All Pro. He's Chad o Cho, Senko Johnson and our college football analysts. Every week here he is ladies and gentlemen all the way across the pond. He's in a different location every week. Hopefully soon he's back in the States.
Speaker 2: You know him.
Speaker 1: Heisman Trophy winner, Johnny Manziel, Johnny Johnny Football, what it do?
Speaker 3: Paul gangs here. Let's get in here, out.
Speaker 1: Here, we all here. Thank you for joining us. Please make sure you that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button. Do us all a favorite, Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We like to thank each and every one of you for your support and you'll continued support. Hopefully we keep this thing going because because of you, Nightcap has been able to be the success that is being and hopefully because of you, will continue to grow at an unprecedented rate. So thank you very much. Please make sure you check out Shave by Laportier now. If you cannot find Shave by Laportier in a city or state near you, order it online. We'll ship it directly to your door and you don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 2: Trust me.
Speaker 1: We're coming to a city or state near you, but we might not be there now, but you can order it online. We'll ship it directly to your door. It is the best tasting premium BSP Kogyak on the market. I promise you will not be disappointed. Please drake responsibly and stay safe out there. Now you can head over to la Portier dot com and also get the commemorative issue of my brother and I he went into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Be the first brother combination elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and a token of my appreciation, my love and support. This is what we came up with. It is a keepsake, It's a one of a kind. Head over to Laportier dot com to order yours, because once they're gone, they're gone, and it is a part of history. Please go follow my media company page on all of his platforms, shay She Media and My Clothing Company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out.
Speaker 2: That link is pinned in the chat.
Speaker 1: Oh you beat the Michigan wolver Rings by the score of twenty four to thirteen. Oh you really needed this. Considering the back to back years of six and seven. I thought Michigan played played really well. Look, they got a really young quarterback. He just turned eighteen years old. Oh sho two weeks ago. I think in the years to come he'll be good. But he looked like an eighteen year old guy starting in a air hostile environment, missed some throws, took his eyes from downfill and looking at their schedule, If Oha, if excuse me, if Oklahoma Johnny, if they can go, if they can only lose two games with this schedule.
Speaker 2: They got Texas at.
Speaker 1: South Carolina, they got Old Miss at Tennessee at Alabama, and they get LSU coming in. If they can only lose one or two of those games, they're going to the College Football playoffs with that, with that schedule, already beating Michigan, and you still got number You got number seven, Texas, number ten, South Carolina, number twenty Old Miss number twenty two Tennessee and number twenty one Alabama and number three LSU. Oh joe, they lose one or two of those games, guys, I believe they're gonna make the college football playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yes what you thinking, Johnny?
Speaker 4: I mean, it's all right there in front of you. You gotta go through the gud gotta run it. You gotta run it, sead of yourself. Look you said to yourself, ranked opponent, ranked opponent, ranked opponent, all coming.
Speaker 2: Up to your on con conference, so.
Speaker 4: Great tests tonight you play a team that historically very very good.
Speaker 3: H they did what they needed to do.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say it was anything too out of the box, over the top.
Speaker 3: Great butt.
Speaker 4: In these type of situations, these type of games, you got to go out and find a way to win. Win, and then you're gonna get into a run that starts in the sec that's going to be like your back's against the wall.
Speaker 3: We gotta come out and play.
Speaker 4: But if you go with two losses throughout this whole schedule and the way it looks right now on paper, get them in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Before you go OTOE, think about this. October eleventh, they got Texas the Red River rivalry. The next week, they're at South Carolina. The next week they get Old Miss. The next week they're at Tennessee. The next week they're at Alabama. The next week they get Missouri at home, and the following week they get LSU at home. So you got Texas, South Carolina, Old Miss, Tennessee, Alabama at LSU. So six of the seven opponents that they faced are ranked, and they're all in consecutive weeks.
Speaker 2: Yes, looking at Michigan.
Speaker 1: Like I said, Bryce Underwood nine of twenty four, one hundred and forty two yards, he's eighteen years of age.
Speaker 2: He looked eighteen years of age.
Speaker 1: He looked like a guy that's just out of high school starting for a top ranked team on the road in a hostile environment. And Brett Vinnable has made much much more accomplished quarterbacks juniors and seniors look bad. So I'm not surprised that he did this to Bryce Underwood. But Michigan has a very, very favorable schedule. They get Central Michigan at Nebraska, Wisconsin at home, at USC Washing.
Speaker 2: At home, Michigan State on the road.
Speaker 1: Purdue Northwestern Maryland, and then they get Ohio State at home, so they have a very favorable schedule. I thought Michigan had some opportunities in this game. They got to phase mask the game of first down late in the ball game, learn and burn more time off the clock. But oh, Joe, looking at this game, looking at Michigan, do you like what you see with Michigan?
Speaker 2: You think they can be a contending team.
Speaker 5: I liked what I saw for Michigan. Obviously they've always been a running team. I would have liked the coach to done something different, even though you have a freshman quarterback. If you see that the running game isn't working, lean on your quarterback to be able to make some other plays, maybe outside of the pocket, rolling them around, playing to her strengths a little bit more, they get them a little.
Speaker 6: Bit more comfortable. The Oklahoma defense is very other.
Speaker 5: They were very good, So you have to be able to counter that and make the necessary adjustments to give your team and quarterback the best chance offensively to get you in the game because what you were trying to do wasn't working, especially the running game, and they continue to stay with the same thing. Because I felt the coach felt, listen, we're handicapping a sense where we can't really open the playbook as much as we want because of what you just said, having a rookie quarterback, and there's only so much we can do.
Speaker 1: The thing that I didn't like about what I saw for Michigan, Johnny and Alto. Let me know what you think is that they're running them slow developing ass pulling plays in the backside end, chasing it down. I'm like, bro, you cannot run that against these teams because they're gonna chase it. They're gonna chase it down every time. I mean, they were stopping the guy in the backfield for two to three yard losses every time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta hit some of those quicker, quicker, hitting quicker inside zone, just like get on the ball, get some movement, get going anything. When that starts to happen, you're dragging ass.
Speaker 2: You play with no uh, no sense of urgency.
Speaker 3: Urgency, it's some urgency, no pace.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: I just think O Joe and you said you don't want to see more, they were pretty balanced, o't Joe. Twenty four passes, thirty two rush attempts, And the thing that you want to do is you want to try to protect the Ojo for a guy that's a dual threat quarterback.
Speaker 2: He's the number one recruit in the country.
Speaker 1: Have you been noticing a lot of these dual threat quarterbacks don't throw well on the move. Well, if you can't throw well on the move, it's gonna be very difficult for you to beat these teams. If we saw this today with Colorado, and we will probably talk about this a little later, they ended up going to their third stream quarterback because Salter can't.
Speaker 6: Throw on the move.
Speaker 2: I'm like, these throws are routine, bro, You've got to hit some of them.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying you gotta be ten for ten, but damn, you can't be zero for.
Speaker 6: Ten, right right, right, right, But.
Speaker 1: No, what I'm saying you said you wanted them to throw the ball more. O Jo the dude with nine of twenty four, I can see O Joe v. Fifteen to twenty four. He was sixty to twenty four, twenty four. Do you know how bad that is? That's not even fifty percent.
Speaker 2: It was nine of.
Speaker 1: Twenty four forty five percent, forty two percent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I actually do know how bad it is.
Speaker 5: That's why I was saying, make it, make him a little bit more comfortable do some of the things predicated to a skill set. If you have a due threat quarterback and he's not really that good dropping back in the pocket and being able to see things in process and information from the traditional spot, roll his ass out so he has it so he has a good eyeline, so we can see he was in front of him, so we can make the necessary throws where he doesn't have to sit there and read a DF.
Speaker 1: You do realize that when you roll a quarterback out, you take it to basically you removed half the field.
Speaker 5: You have the field you have to be not able to play, you're not able to place you in the whole.
Speaker 1: In the process of doing that, you just say it. He don't look very accurate on the move, So we putting them on the move to do what Yo, just get him one.
Speaker 4: Of those plays with a little handoff and come out where you just come out so.
Speaker 3: Wide over you just cant hand it to the mom.
Speaker 2: That's what he put off, whipped cream and.
Speaker 3: Something.
Speaker 4: Get a little bit of like you got to give him something. When you get into an offense like that, I don't care if you're you know, a high school guy that's just coming in when you open that playbook up and you see it for the first time, You're like, yo, I like stick, I like slants.
Speaker 3: Whatever you like.
Speaker 4: There's something where the ball gets snapped to you and yours and you catch it and you immediately, based off instinct, based off everything you've done playing football, you're gonna whiz that thing out there and you know you can get a completion. So in that situation where the guy is starting like that in this type of game, you have to put him in situations and play calls that allow him to do that to where it's no thought, no read, just.
Speaker 3: Bang, instant.
Speaker 5: And the funny thing about it too long when you get it. When you get a quarterback that's that young freshman eighteen seventeen, how old he might be playing against a team like Oklahoma that's ranked with players that are very very good defensively in all three phases, whether it be the front, second line, or the back line. You want you want to get him in rhythm. You want to get him in rhythm early. You want to build his confidence early.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna let him get in the risk. I'm not gonna let him get in a rhythm. He's eighteen, So what am I gonna do. I'm gonna heat his ass up. I'm gonna talk, I'm gonna put him on the stove, and I'm gonna start from the moment he on the stove, I'm boiling. I'm not gonna let him get in the rhythm because I know that's what look. They want to established.
Speaker 2: Run.
Speaker 1: We are going to stop the run. We are gonna make this eighteen year old beat us on the road. There haven't been very many eighteen year old college freshman quarterbacks that's ever been able to go on the road in a hostile environment in the NETCC game and win on the road.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna let you.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna let you get him comfortable with Joe because I'm not gonna let you run the ball because now if you run the ball, you can play action pass off of it.
Speaker 2: I am going to heat his ass up.
Speaker 1: You got to, and Johnny, you know that even you saw what they tried to do to you, what you did is that you punished Alabama every time they brought the bliz. You made them pay for it because you was coming out the back sy Hey you make that first got missed, and you're like, Okay, you' an miss now. So I got at least fifteen yards before everybody, the crowd start yelling, the screaming, and people get their heads back around to see me. I'm chasing the wide receiver. I ain't gonna throw them the ball. So when you got an eighteen when you got an eighteen year old true freshman playing at Oklahoma, and the way Brent Vinnables can get after you, you know, he's a pressure DC. That's what he's always been. That's what he's always gonna bet. He ain't letting no eighteen year old get crup comfortable.
Speaker 4: To think about that is like when when the kitchen gets hot and the pants are flaming and bursting around and there's fireworks going off and shit in the kitchen and you're in the pocket. I love that, Like that's where my best that's where my best football decided to come out and be played off of natural INSes.
Speaker 1: So of course, the.
Speaker 4: Vnables, being a guy who played against them, they did it to us when we were in text saying them didn't work for them. Nevertheless, you get a kid like this, I had a red shirt year under my mouth. This is a guy coming straight fresh out a lot of hype, a lot of now we're in there, a lot of money, a lot of a lot of like, there's heavy heavy weight behind what this kid's coming into.
Speaker 3: So all in all is a program for Michigan.
Speaker 4: I still think they're gonna be set up for it in the future, but for a night like tonight, like listen, you're playing the OU team. This is legacy history, a good program and one that didn't have the year they wanted to have last year.
Speaker 3: They're coming for They're coming to play some ball.
Speaker 1: They are, and Brentvillable knows his job is on the table. He gave a little money back that says, Okay, look I'm bought in.
Speaker 2: He understands it. Six and seven is not good enough of OU. It's not.
Speaker 1: That's a very proud, historic program. They won national championships. They have as many Heisman Trophy winners as anybody in the country. And that's a proud university. And six and seven ain't gonna cut it, not at that university, not in the SCC, not in the Big Eight, not in.
Speaker 2: The Big Twelve, not in any conference they've ever been in.
Speaker 1: Oklahoma wants to be at the top of that pyramid when you look up there and you see the Alabamas, you see the Ohio station, and you see all those great university. Oklahoma pride themselves on being that they played for national championship. They've been in that game, they won that they have great coaches. You look at the coaches that they've had for Bud Wilkinson rested soul fifty seven game winning street three national championships. You got Barret Swiftsl who started to wish bone. You got a Bob Stoops. They ain't accepting anything less than that.
Speaker 4: Johnny, all right, Hey, Norman is not an easy place to walk into and play too. We went there my red shirt year and I was on the bench. Their benches are really close to the sideline. People on the front row.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've been down to Oklahoma, but.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't been.
Speaker 3: They'll tell you some shit over there. They'll say some shit over there on your sideline.
Speaker 4: So I know, being a red shirt freshman that first year, you're kind of seeing all these games and all these places. You know, Norman was a place where if you ain't really walked into a lot of stadiums and you're sitting there and.
Speaker 3: That they're really close to you. They're on your fucking head all night. So I know he felt at the night for sure.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, look, they weren't always in the SEC. But the one thing we know about SEC football those fans are ravenous.
Speaker 2: And it fits.
Speaker 1: I mean Oklahoma and Texas. It fits because their fan base is ravenous. What else are you gonna do in Norman, Oklahoma besides go watch a college football game? What else are you going to do in Austin, Texas besides go watch a college football town? Those are college football towns. So if Tuscal loose in Birmingham, Alabama, so is Knoxville, Tennessee. So i is Starkville and all those of you go back and look at it. In the SEC, every team that plays in the SEC, they're where their school is situated.
Speaker 2: The only thing they have is college football.
Speaker 1: Now, you can drive down if you the University of Athens is you know, ninety is like an hour hour and fifteen minute drive to which but now is a college town. So is a Columbia, South Carolina. So when you look at all these schools, those fan bases, that's the South football rule the South. I'll give it that what you bring down there. You could bring Hey, you could bring the Yankees. They're not gonna outdraw a college football team. It's just the way it is. And to ask him to go into this environment now, I do think Johnny next year, this time, he'll be better quick, all right, Tipper story, Yeah, totally agree. When Colorado's offense stalled, coach Brian skipped over his backup Julian Lewis turned to third string, Ryan stopped and stare start wents seven or ten one point fifty seven, two touchdowns after taking it over starter Kane Salter. Coach Brime's explanation after the game, I wanted it to tell its own story instead of me telling the story. I wanted it to tell its own story. The plan was going to be each quarterback gets two series apiece. They did, and somebody was going to come out of the Johnny, It's not normal that we see something like this. But are you surprised that coach Prime did this? And can he continue or has he found this starting quarterback?
Speaker 4: Listen, I think the one thing that you we us collectively obviously know about Prime is he's gonna get a guy in that position that can do what needs to be done for the overall collective of the team. Whether it's X, Y or fucking Z, somebody's gonna get on that field and do what we need to do to move the ball down the field and get this offense going. And he's gonna oversee the whole thing. That's the one thing about it. So, hey, you're not getting it done. It's early in the season. We're in week one, two three, you're early. Yeah, get your reps, because how much can you really tell from training? How much can you really tell from springball when they blow the whistle and the sacks and the ray rob bullshit, it goes on in practice. What can you really tell? So get out there a live bullets are fine. That's that's what you come out You play what we said last week.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what I think. That's what Coach Prime looked.
Speaker 1: The cream gonna rise to the top, and so I wanted I wanted to see and like I said, Cayden saw uh Cayden's assaulter.
Speaker 2: Coach Prime said, he's a.
Speaker 1: Dual threat, and really a dual threat. He can move, he's but bro, he misses entirely too many throws. Oh Joe, I'm talking about I'm talking about guys wide open and I'm not talking about Look, I'm not talking about no difficult throws. These are throws a guy of his caliber should be able to make routinely.
Speaker 2: Yes, go ahead, O Joe.
Speaker 5: No, I was gonna say obviously with Prime, especially in the situation, I don't care who you playing. I don't care if you're playing the Sisters of the North, I don't care if you're playing the Holy Spirits.
Speaker 6: There are certain throws that he has to make.
Speaker 5: Being in the start, being the starting quarterback for when you plan for coach Prime, who you plan for Colorado three, you have to understand that everything you do being the face of that team now, especially being the quarterback, you have to do everything the right way to give yourself and your team the best chance to win.
Speaker 6: What we saw today was not it. That was not it. I have a question for you too and YouTube. Who were they play?
Speaker 2: Who is called playware?
Speaker 5: There should be no reason, no disrespected Delaware, Delaware. There should be no reason that that the coach has to go to another player. Can't the third street quarterback at the at the most important position on the field.
Speaker 6: There's no reason.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're gonna find somebody. We're gonna find somebody. If you come out of stands, Hey, you find somebody, come on, you can throw then throw the Come.
Speaker 6: On again, Johnny again, Delaware. Come on. Now, this is the game you're supposed to be your confidence.
Speaker 5: This is the game you're supposed to put up big numbers, big yards to be a confidence going up until into week three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's supposed to be a game.
Speaker 1: Utah beat cal Poly sixty three nine, Texas Tech be Kent State sixty two fourteen, Indiana be Knisas State fifty six, nine, Tennessee be East Tennessee State seventy two, seventeen Alabama bee you Louisiana Monroe seventy three.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 1: That's what's supposed to happen with see you today versus Delaware.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why your schedule those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, games we've had. We've had those.
Speaker 4: Sometimes when you play opponents like that though at times and you know what you're supposed to do and it's pre planned and pre rolled for you to go out and do it, sometimes it's something there, something makes it a little bit different where you overlook it or you're not on your p's and q's to your ability and you can let it slip a little bit. And that's what happens today because you know, you look at the score and what it is, they're still You're still in the water, feeling around, trying to get your foot in a little bit.
Speaker 3: For sure, is where that team is at right now.
Speaker 1: Even if we first of all, the third string quarterback plays, because we're all fifty to nothing, that's why he plays. We don't bring the third string quarterback in Johnny to give us a spark. I can honestly say this, I've never seen this before, and that I think, if I'm not mistaken, I think isn't Delaware and f CS.
Speaker 2: Or they division Division one?
Speaker 1: I think the f CS now, uh sub whatever, the subdivision whatever they call it. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but I think that's what Delaware. That's what Delaware is.
Speaker 3: Hey, they got a check, Shannon, they got a check from that school.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you gotta go, you gotta They probably played them a meal me a meal two.
Speaker 5: Hey, Hey, does that have a question too? When when it comes to the schools like this, whereas the power five playing the smaller schools, and the smaller schools get that check. Does it go strictly to the athletic department on? Yeah, okay, but I'm just curious.
Speaker 1: Look, there's some schools that look, I just I will you know what, O, Joe, I want to win the Powerball for so simple reason in twenty twenty six and twenty twenty seven, No HBCU will pay a five power five school. I'm not You're not going to get beat embarrassed to get five hundred thousand or a million dollars.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you a million five. I'm gonna give you two million dollar.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give I'm gonna give each of you guys two million dollars. Not to schedule these cause cause cause what is doing on Yoe is not helping the club. I understand it's helping your athletic but budget, but you're getting your kids embarrassed.
Speaker 2: They don't they don't have they'll have no right.
Speaker 1: No business being on the school, being on the field with those guys to go out there and get beat seventy seven nothing to get beat seventy to three?
Speaker 2: What is that doing on, Joe?
Speaker 6: Who?
Speaker 5: That was Florida State today, right, Florida State beat somebody seventy seven.
Speaker 6: Three. Yes, and that's a man.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is Delaware's first dellaw Delaware's FBS.
Speaker 2: Now, guys, yes vs.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you shouldn't use to look and I understand.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 1: I mean, hey, Oklahoma State gotta check in. Oregon put sixty nine on them. But you know, Bethune cook Mon, Savannah State, Grambling, when you go play Ohio State, oh jo bathun in Ohio State, really you really there?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: They probably took it off because a lot of what they had started doing was taking them, taking them off the board.
Speaker 2: We and I gonna even back this game.
Speaker 1: Savannah State going a couple of years ago, play in Oklahoma State and get beat seventy seven, notother that they played Miami get b eighty four?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: And you get that and you get that. Guess what now they give you five hundred thousand, seven hundred thousand. Hey, you gotta bring your band cause your travel is PA. You gotta pay for your own travel out of the money. That oh hell na, man, Because that's why I want to win the lottery. I would have win the lottery.
Speaker 2: Comes. I want to give every historically black institution.
Speaker 1: I said, I'm giving y'all two million dollars not to take these damn games and get your players embarrassed because it does nothing for them. But all it does is make these schools that's plan you if they're lum that like, oh we beat such and such.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, cool on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but Bob, you know what you know the funny thing about it, too is those games have to be scheduled. Those games have to be scheduled for a reason because there's no other there's no other place for that money to come to. The revenue is not flowing through APCU program.
Speaker 6: No, it's not why they Yeah, no, that's what they.
Speaker 5: Look forward to, these games scheduled against power five schools because the huge chunks that can help the program, whether it be academic or athletic.
Speaker 2: Let me ask your question.
Speaker 1: You want to sponsor, you want to be, you want attach yourself to somebody got beat seventy seven nothing, eighty four to nothing.
Speaker 2: I'm just asking.
Speaker 6: I mean, you gotta think fam you always has to play University.
Speaker 2: I don't have to.
Speaker 6: I mean, we ain't want to power ball yet, we ain't want to make it manions.
Speaker 2: Yet. I think the thingels look like, I don't put that in the er. We want that.
Speaker 1: I think, I think I think the thing is, Ohoe, is that it's the same thing that Prime ran into a Jackson State sixty thousand people in the stands, and everybody bought tickets, and all of a sudden, we only ok, we only raised twenty thousand.
Speaker 3: Hm hmm.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's that's your issue.
Speaker 1: But like I said, we're gonna win the Poleball and I'm gonna fix this.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't fix it forever, but I'm gonna fix it for two years, o't, Joe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're right, You're right.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna fix it. I will fix it for two years. You got who they found? You don't even worry about it. You takeing Miami off the schedule. Here's two million, stay home, right schedule. Somebody go play Savannah State, go play Edward Water something. Yeah for sure about Hey, you know what I'm saying, Oh Joe, We're gonna start our own bowl.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have a night camp bowl. We have a camp Bowl.
Speaker 5: Joe, hold on, hold on, you just you just you just you just come on out. My brain thinking that we were talking about Savannah States.
Speaker 1: We have a night Cap Bowl. We have a night Cap Bowl the club. So that's two game right now, Hey, get a menu. I'll pay y'all guys a million dollar the couple play, the couple to play at the club and the night Cap Bowl.
Speaker 2: But like that for real. But going back to this game.
Speaker 1: I mean, you need your third stringer to give you a spark against Delaware at home?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Not to me, suh, Stop look better.
Speaker 1: He looked better today than than than than Salter did at any point in time, the pre the first game or today. He looked better than a little bit that the the ten reps. I mean, he came in looked he was he was he was great.
Speaker 2: He was great. Ain't nowhere around it. He was great. And I was surprised that coach put Salter back in the game.
Speaker 6: Go ahead on Joe, Yeah, well, you know why you put him back in the game. His confidence.
Speaker 5: He put him back in the game simply four his confidence, because he feels he is quarterback number one. There's a reason he had to put him back in the game. Okay, you know what, Son, you didn't play well in the beginning of the game. I had to go to quarterback two and three, so we can get a little spark, so we get a little bit, a little bit momentum and consistency.
Speaker 6: But this is your job.
Speaker 5: I'm going to allow you to go back in so you can prove yourself, so you can get a better understanding on what I need out of you. This is what I need out of you. With other will not too. With number three was able to come in and do what I need. That's why he put him back in the game because he still feels he's the quarterback to get here to lead them down next week, Week three, week four, and so on.
Speaker 6: And if he plays bad again and not able to.
Speaker 5: Do the routine things, the routine things that quarterbacks should be able to do with they god damn eyes closed, you're coming out the game.
Speaker 6: And the next time you take him out, he ain't going back in. No, I'm just being.
Speaker 5: Honest from a coaching standpoint and from a player who's played the game.
Speaker 6: If you take you out twice, you're not going back to.
Speaker 1: That game, cause you know, if you do what you're supposed to. I ain't even I ain't even looking at this. I ain't even looking at this, starff. I ain't even looking to put nobody else in there ain't going head of that. I know you got this taken care of. What you're thinking. Tell me, Johnny, what you're thinking of was a situation like that. Let's just say, for the sake of argument, this is you, Johnny. This is before. Obviously, if you Johnny football, that ain't gonna happen. But just say before you became Johnny football. You Johnny, You the starter, and then coach pulls you out and you see the either the backup or the third stringer comes in there and he drives them down there and he those two guys that one of those guys look better leading the team that you did.
Speaker 2: What's going through your mind?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think the one thing about college athletics is when you get in, you come in together, and you get in that quarterback room. There was no at least in my situation, there was no animosity between the one, the two to three to four. In the walk up, we were tight knit. We were really close. So I got hurt against Auburn. I had to go down below the stadium get a shot to try and come back. Matt Jokel came on the field let us on a couple drives like I think for our morale and our situation, like and in this one currently, you want to have a great QB room, not one that's pins and needles and really kind of going at each other. Oh man, you're not thinking in your head. Oh am, I gonna get the plays. It's my chance.
Speaker 3: This this.
Speaker 4: You have so much stuff that could be going through your mind. You want to have great camaraderie, great you know, cohesiveness between your quarterback room where hey, listen, we are the guys four or five, six guys whatever it may be in this quarterback room that makes this whole ship run.
Speaker 3: We have to be together. So if it's Salter, we need you to go.
Speaker 4: If you're going and you're taking us down, you're driving us amazing.
Speaker 3: We need that.
Speaker 4: And eventually this self, this will play itself out in a way to where everybody on the team, the old lineman, the left tack or whatever it may be, rallies behind the guy because they see that little spark and they will rally behind them and they will present itself and they will It's just like a horse. You gotta tie up with somebody, So they'll find somebody. And in this little early season moment. You'll look back at it and be like, Okay, trying to find our footing. Now we latch on, we go, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Next week, what do we see salters?
Speaker 1: So is it still it's still it's still steals the same one, two and three stays the same.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, salt salt starting next week. Matter of fact, this this, this is gonna take. It's gonna take the whole story.
Speaker 1: Who who they play? They do they play Houston on Friday Night?
Speaker 6: Houston, Houston at that bad? Huh?
Speaker 3: That to be a test?
Speaker 6: Is Houston at that bad?
Speaker 5: So now now you get you get to see if he goes out there and he plays bad and he puts the team in in uncomfortable positions where they where they don't have a chance to win or things aren't aren't going right offensively prime and gonna make that change. He's going to make that change change again, and he's going to make it a lot sooner.
Speaker 6: He's gonna make it a lot sooner.
Speaker 2: This time.
Speaker 4: It starts off Monday, right, it starts on that first week of practice. Setting the top, get read and get right, like you gotta you.
Speaker 2: Know what it is.
Speaker 4: You saw it play itself out you. You're sitting there on the sideline as you're not playing, you're watching the team go down.
Speaker 3: That gives you a sense of urgency. That's a kick in the ass that you need.
Speaker 4: So when Monday comes around and they run out the ones for the team period, you're up. You better fucking latch onto that. Take that practice week really, really, really serious, and get ready to go, because Houston's not just.
Speaker 2: Gonna roll long.
Speaker 1: And I think the thing that I love about that that that Prime did is that love. He's like, bro, I understand how this look and how this might upset you and your feelings, But right now I'm trying to win a football game.
Speaker 3: Bueling's gonna win football games.
Speaker 1: They don't know, they don't And and Prime understands that player at the playing at the level, coaching at that level, he understands. He's been a coach, he's coached high school football Jackson State and now see you. He understands. And a lot of times sometimes coaches are afraid to to hurt the starter's feelings, and sometimes they stay longer with that guy then maybe they should. I want to give a coach some credit for going to make this decision because I promise you it wasn't an easy decision.
Speaker 5: Well, I know one thing that when the Colorado Buffaloes lose, you know who gets that. You know who gets the bulk of the bulk of the book of.
Speaker 2: The hate the head.
Speaker 5: Sure, it's not gonna be They're not gonna be talking about the quarterback coach Prime for to be in the news.
Speaker 6: Coach Prime is gonna be in the media.
Speaker 5: So making that decision at the quarterback position and make it move to one that can give us a better chance to win. It's easy because of the bull drive you gotta deal with if they do lose.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a very interesting situation moving forward. We'll see how they how how this thing plays out. But Johnny, like you said, hey, they're still uh this Monday and leading into the week, things could change. But I agree with both of you guys. I think Salter stays the starter. But I don't think this thing. I think this thing is written in pencil. It's not it's not written and sharply it's not written in permanent inc RACI thing Florida and explicably loses to University of Southern Florida eighteen sixteen.
Speaker 2: This is the second week they went on the road.
Speaker 1: I think they went on the road last week and they beat Boise State, number twenty five, Boise of State. They come home and they in state. They go down to Gainesville and they beat Florida Man Billy Napier, Johnny happen?
Speaker 2: Go ahead? Oh you go ahead go It.
Speaker 5: Was just gonna ask you, Johnny, Johnny. And what happened to the Florida that I love?
Speaker 6: What happened? What happened to the Florida.
Speaker 1: That I I know you? Hey, hey, you either gayta gata bait. Now people eating gaya tail. They're eating gata now.
Speaker 6: I don't, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't understand what happened when I think about the Florida teams, especially collegiate of the nineties in the two thousands to early two thousands with Florida, Miami and Florida State.
Speaker 6: Were the schools to be.
Speaker 5: And be at, especially from a competitive level. No matter who you playing, every week you got some dogs coming out of the regardless of.
Speaker 2: Where's your.
Speaker 1: Where is he from? Oh from Okay, Williams kids, that's in Alabama? Where is he from Florida?
Speaker 2: Right? Where is he right. You see what happens when you.
Speaker 1: Keep letting your in state, your best in state players leave. Now, you got to think about it. It's Miami, it's Florida, it's Florida State. If you could just recruit the state of Florida, you'll be fine. But you can't keep them now because you got Ohio State, you got Alabama, you got Tennessee, you got other tea you got other big teams that's willing to pay to get those kids. So where they got Tim Tebow's and they got the Percy Harvin's, and they got the Channing Crime.
Speaker 2: Hey, they got the Joe Haydens.
Speaker 1: Those guys bye bye because guess what, Because like I said, oh Joe, they're no longer competing for national titles. I'm going to Alabama. I'm going to Georgia. I'm going to Ohio State, I'm going to Michigan. I'm going to where they're going compete for titles. They're not competing for titles. They're not close in Florida.
Speaker 5: Now, listen to how we just started this segment twenty years ago, hell, ten years ago.
Speaker 6: You wouldn't believe it.
Speaker 5: University of South Florida beat Florida. Nobody believe nobody believe in that. Nobody believe in that. My how the times have changed. But congratulations the University of South Florida.
Speaker 4: What'd you think you, Johnny Man, I'm thinking, uh, you know, a lot of a lot of hype around DJ lagway around this team, around this, like Florida will always be Florida because of what they have done.
Speaker 3: In the past.
Speaker 4: You know, watching a m football over the years scene when we had to slip off a couple of years ago, Appalachian State came in early in the season and beat us. As I'm sitting there on Twitter, I'm egg on my face.
Speaker 3: Every corner of the world, like so it happens. You can be walking down the street, somebody come up and slap you on the backside of the head.
Speaker 4: Cant you slipping a little bit? But this meantality in this way the program is being run right now. As far as as a whole, I don't think anybody that that wears the Florida Colors. My boys, Joe Keim, no Chandler, Parson, Haten, all these die hard Gator boys you did because this.
Speaker 3: Is this is a tough pill to swallow.
Speaker 1: Tonight that's not Oh Joe, that's not the you. That's not FS you, that's not Florida, that's not l s U.
Speaker 3: That's not the Bulls.
Speaker 6: Whoa, whoa Wait wait, wait a minute, hold on, huh hold on what you mean?
Speaker 1: It's not Do you know what I'm saying. That's not the team that beat you. That's South Florida. Oh that's what I'm saying. Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I see, I got you, I got you, I got you, I got.
Speaker 6: But I'm expecting. I'm expecting Florida. Have you seen Florida State the past ye? Have you seen the University of Miami.
Speaker 2: The past two weeks?
Speaker 6: The hell's going on down right down the street in Gainesville.
Speaker 2: At some point you should be.
Speaker 6: Improven too, just like everyone else. Are your two other sister schools that are too far away from you?
Speaker 5: How are you regressing as a program and losing to University of South Florida. That no disrespect to them, but it's not supposed to have you.
Speaker 1: I want to stand correct that Ryan Williams is from Alabama. He's an in state kid that stayed in state. He and jeremiin Smith was thinking about going to Ohio State together, and he wanted he wanted to rise jered Miyn Smith to come to Alabama. Jeremi Smith wanted him to come to Ohio state. He stayed in state, Jeremiles Smith. But you go back and look at you look at they let uh the guy that just retired from the Raiders h South Florida kid, Calvin Ridley, South Florida kid, Jerry Judy, South Florida kid. They off from the bottom. Yes, I see they let all. Oh that's you know. Florida used to have receivers. Now, the one thing they did have, they had receivers. Yeah, back to back, Anthony recall, well they had receivers.
Speaker 2: I heal you. They used to have receivers out the Yuenya.
Speaker 1: They had running backs out the YENAYD.
Speaker 2: Take Freddy.
Speaker 6: Another one, hey speak speaking on this.
Speaker 4: Game still too, uh Yron Brown us F twenty three and thirty six, two sixty three and a tuddy at the little sixty six on the ground. We're gonna go for over three hundred going into Florida's place. Man uh matd props mad respect going at a game like that, played really well against the obviously right, Yeah, you gotta give them some love. Man, that's a that's a hell of a game. Good props to the young man.
Speaker 1: You absolutely heerda right here. The us US USF and in Florida. I mean this, you pay them, they probably got a good They got a cool million. That'd be like, say, hey, oh Joe, that'd be like paying somebody five hundred dollars a slap hell out you.
Speaker 2: No, hell nah, you paid this.
Speaker 1: Team a million dollar to come down there and put foot senior. These are the type of teams that Florida's schedule for them slacked the top of that. I'm like, man, come on, hey, hey, Johnny, oh Joe, Man, y'all know hey at the big school, hey, we are when you put something when you schedule that obviously it's not a homecoming game, but when you schedule somebody for homecoming, you're supposed to win. You got all this alumni coming back. The students that don't even normally go to games, they're gonna come to the game. They want to see a dub. I guarantee you. When they put US USF on the schedule, they're like, oh yeah, this this a douve for us.
Speaker 2: This is a dog.
Speaker 5: They probably They probably checked it off soon they saw the schedule. Soon as they saw the schedule. There's a certain team that you look at, Oh we got this.
Speaker 2: This ain't nothing, but h what no turnover?
Speaker 1: South Florida didn't turn it over, so and they took them all the way from Languay once thirty one for three. Languet was twenty three of thirty three two twenty two, so he didn't play bad, but they had to. South Florida had two sixty three passing another one twenty eight on the ground.
Speaker 4: The two things that jumped off to me, you lose the turnover battle even though it's plus one or minus one, whatever you want to call it. And penalties, I mean one hundred and three yards and penalties too, So two things in a game like that that comes down to be, you know, three scores for each team, ish, you know, turnovers and penalties come down to be to be a lot of the nitty gritty of what it comes down to.
Speaker 1: Neither team was really great on third down. South Florida was six or sixteen. Uh, the Gators were four or twelve. Nothing right home about. The Gators possessed the ball almost nine more minutes, but like you said, Johnny, the great equal liveser of penalties. So when you have what twenty eight more yard, two more and twenty eight more yards and penalties, you bring a team that maybe you're better there, you bring them up to your level or you creep down to their level. And South Florida goes in there and that's that's great for their program. So guys looking like, hey, we play Florida's and guess what, we beat them. So just cause you go there, just cause you go down there, that don't mean you're gonna win. You can stay right here with the bulls. And we got that. But from this game, Florida's defensive tackle Brendan Bett was ejected for spinning in the face of an opponent on the final drive of.
Speaker 2: The upset lost to USF.
Speaker 1: Bat spend in the face of South Florida offensive lineman Cole Skinner.
Speaker 2: O Joe, what is this a new THO is this a new thing?
Speaker 1: Because maybe they were doing it, O Hoe, And we didn't have the cameras around to be able to see it. But what if we just saw this Thursday night? And I'm sure he saw it. It's been everywhere, so everybody's seen it by now he's been in the guy face.
Speaker 3: I don't understand.
Speaker 5: Listen, knowing that cameras are out there, coaches can see you.
Speaker 6: There's a camera at every angle.
Speaker 5: There's a camera in the sky, there's a camera in the sideline, there's a camera in the north and south end zone.
Speaker 6: You can't get away with nothing. You can't get away with anything.
Speaker 5: The referees out there. So I'm not sure how angry. How angry are you getting? Listen, South Florida whooped them up and down the field all night long. So there's the frustration. There's a frustration where it boils over to that point.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I got a story. My first start SEC. We played Arkansas. We played them at home. It was one of these raining, torrential downpour games. We're kicking the shit out of them.
Speaker 3: At halftime.
Speaker 4: We come out in the second half, run the ball. I get tackled, big pile, mash up bottom of the pile.
Speaker 3: This dude, I hear him too.
Speaker 2: Ya come o, Johnny shit, it spit through.
Speaker 4: My face, mask all over my face. For the rest of my life. Will never forget that. Ever, I got up and just looked at old boy, like your mask here big man. Oh, Johnny, it happens, but to see it in the NFL game. No, it's plastered all over social media everywhere here.
Speaker 3: Come out and do it again, like mm hmm some people.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say this on Joe, let you go.
Speaker 1: If you spit on somebody, whatever they do to you after that, I'm cool.
Speaker 2: With, right.
Speaker 1: But even on the field of play, if if you spit, if you spit on someone on the football field or in the mall, walking down the street, whatever they do to you after you spit on them, I'm cool with.
Speaker 5: I got you, I got you, I got you. And you know, you know what I don't like to for a player, any player that does spit, not the person that's receivement, but the one who is responsible for doing the spitting. That stays with your family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll do the rest of my life. I'll be my eighty five years old. I ain't what that felt like.
Speaker 6: When it's all of it, that's it, and you know.
Speaker 5: You know it's gonna gonna fect everything, especially if he's a prospect to going to the draft.
Speaker 3: Boy, they can remember that.
Speaker 1: And this is I guess that there's another defensive lineman from the University of Florida uh Jamari Lions. He was ejected for spinning on an opponent in twenty twenty three during the game against Florida State.
Speaker 7: I'm I'm, I'm you're black.
Speaker 1: I am right now because I because I just I just can't, I just can't fathom. And I look, we've all been really really mad, we've all been really really upset. But I'm the thing, the thing that's going through my mind is not to like spit on somebody, because I'm saying, whatever somebody does, Look, I might not be able to control your actions, but I can control the consequences from your actions. So you get to control one of the other. You get to control the actions. Someone else gets to control the consequences. If you spit on somebody on the football field, you spit on somebody again outside of the football field, whatever that person does to you, I'm cool with.
Speaker 2: With it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now began one takeaway huge for this week. I thought my favorite game of the day that I watched all the day, you guys tap into the Baylor got all that.
Speaker 2: I saw.
Speaker 5: Johnny and uncle, my nephew, my nephew play for play for SMU Romelo Brunson.
Speaker 4: Okay, they and I was I thought, unbelievable two minute drive by Baylor. Shout out Jake spavotsol my guy, my old oc at Texas A and m unbelievable two minute drive through a nice little seam route, little beater to take it into ot ot. Baylor goes down, scores first play from SMU dot on a on a fade ball right out of the gate. Couldn't get it in on the on their second possession. But man, shout out to babe, that was a really really good game. Me and KD we were sitting out here in Paris locked into that game, watching watching how it unfolded. So I think that was my favorite game of the weekend for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, if you like points and you like getting up and down the field, which which most of us do because we're on the offensive side of the football, Uh, it's hard not to like that for the simple fact, like you said, forty eight forty five.
Speaker 2: So that's what people come to the ball game to see.
Speaker 6: Day.
Speaker 2: They don't want to see all.
Speaker 1: That thirteen ten and twenty one twenty Nah, I want to see some points, and the more overtimes better.
Speaker 3: If you want to see some funny shit.
Speaker 4: Watch Iowa State try and score a touchdown with a minu and a half left on the clock in the football game. They don't know what the hell's going on when they have to throw that thing.
Speaker 2: Bad.
Speaker 1: I was like, bad, this was all I tried to pull the I know we got Morgan the Baylor s MU.
Speaker 2: It was just up. But I hit it and something else came on.
Speaker 4: Sawyer Robertson thirty thirty four fifty for four forty.
Speaker 2: And four see okay.
Speaker 3: Back in back weeks bawling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know what the Baylor the thing first of all, SMU gonna put points on the board. Baylor's gonna put points on the board. He keeps doing that. That's what I did. No, he did the same thing. You hit Baylor, and that what came up. That's what came up. Uh, it's gonna be it. It's like I said, I love If you love points, watch a Baylor game because they're gonna score. It's gonna be hard for them to formit someone from scoring. So you go get you go get. Probably a game that's go go late into the fourth quarter and it's probably gonna be a field goal or touchdown game one way.
Speaker 2: Or or the other.
Speaker 1: Syracuse head coach Fran Brown made his team run sprints after winning twenty seven twenty versus Yukon, oh Yo. Johnny, have you ever seen anything like this? Have you ever been a part of something like this?
Speaker 5: I've seen something like that at the high school level. I see something like that when I played peewee, when I played for Liberty City Optimists, or I played for Miami Lake's Optimists. You know when things aren't going well, and I've never seen it happen after that game. It's always something that you do during practice or after practice, or maybe you know what, your teacher calls and tells your mama. Your grades ain't up the park. You've been getting in trouble in class, you're disturbing. Your coach put you through ge as, punishment, suicide, whatever you want to call it. But after the game at the collegic level, Na, No, No, I've never seen anything.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want my I wouldn't want my teacher to call my grandma and telling nothing about my grade, because my grandma gonna come up to school and tell your ass up.
Speaker 2: So that'll be working.
Speaker 1: I'd rather run gasoles then have my teacher tell me the run gasses, because I already know what happened if Mary Porter was gonna come up there.
Speaker 2: Uh oh ya, I remember, I told you the story, Johnny. I told O yo the story.
Speaker 1: We lost the game on a Saturday, and Coach told us after the game, he said, since y'all ain't hit nobody with y'all these uniforms, y'all ain't get them dirty, We're gonna get them dirty tomorrow. We're gonna practice tomorrow. So we got so that same uniform. He said, oh, wash them because the ain't nothing wrong with it. They're not dirty, they not mustard, they're not stink. So have them have these jerseys hang up, hung up in their locker, and we're gonna practice. And so we practiced that. Man, you're talking about I'm like, damn. Even being twenty years old, I was still I think now I was nineteen.
Speaker 2: I was not.
Speaker 1: I was still sore because I just played the game. I just played sixty seventy plays. And to come right back out there and put the and uh put the put the pads on play. We played bad in the rain. Coach wet the whole field. We go out there and practice in the rain. You know what it is.
Speaker 4: Though I'm sitting here, I'm telling you guys from springball in the summer into training camp. I keep saying the same things, y'all. Keep doing it, keep doing something wrong.
Speaker 3: I preaching. I'm preaching.
Speaker 4: I'm letting you know, as I stand up in front of this team, meeting in front of you, this is how we're gonna do things.
Speaker 2: Oh, you boys don't want to listen. This is the game.
Speaker 4: Jass on the line. I know where he's coming from. I get it. I mean, do you want to do it? But I guarantee you what when they get on that bus and you can hear a pin drop on the bus on the way back to the plane or wherever they're going, they were home that that Messa's gonna be receiving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Syracuse at home car and you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna be taking your taking your car back to the grab. Ain't talking to you?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Fuck him? Bro.
Speaker 2: That sucks.
Speaker 1: That's it man, it's I mean, it's it's embarrassing. It's just like anything. I mean, you know, because a lot of times we didn't go into the locker room, oh yoe uh. We would go down in the corner of the end zon, especially if we weren't winning. Now, if we were winning, coach and takings in them zone. But if we weren't winning and coach are doing this, you know, if somebody doing that, there you getting ringed out. He mowed forward us and they're so being us. I'm like, Lord, have mercy all like, only thing I'm going through my mind. He ain't talking to me because I got nine for a buck twenty or two touchdowns, So he ain't talking to me.
Speaker 2: Now, That's the only way I can get through it on yo, cause.
Speaker 6: You right, we only got a long heartbeat.
Speaker 1: But see, I have to tell myself that because my grandmother never spoke to me like that, and I feel some type of way if people somebody called me out of my name. So I'm just telling myself here, he's not talking to you for that, So it's okay. He might be he might be looking at you, but he's not talking to you. So that's what I'm telling myself, O Joe, I understand he has to do it for the betterment of the team. That's why I always did the right thing, because I didn't want someone to think that I could do wrong.
Speaker 2: But they had to do right.
Speaker 1: No, I'm gonna do right, So everybody and and so, now, well, hell if if Sharp does it, we gotta do it. But if Sharp says no, we're not gonna do that, well we're gonna rally behind him. And so I understood. I understood coaches. You know, frame of reference, Johnny, because I told Oyo also that we used to jump outside, and Coach would make everybody run, even the people that wasn't even on the plate. Ojo say, if we even do one, n it doesn't matter. You're on the sideline, if you're on our office and you jump off side, give me a lap, Give me a lap.
Speaker 2: But yeah, look I bet he got there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the last thing you want to do is, after you've played in most college, probably most colleges, you're gonna probably play sixty eighty plays. I'm looking at this Batler game, Johnny. They had ninety four recorded plays. They had two receivers, Yo, go over buck go with buck forty buck forty five. One had nine for one fifty one. The other had ten for one forty five and one hundred and fifteen yard rush.
Speaker 3: Like Baylor, Baylor, like that ballot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it crazy, It thought like crazy, what's it?
Speaker 5: What's the receiver? What's the receiver? Went to Baylor and it really didn't pan out. The NFL went really.
Speaker 1: Gory Coleman with the first ride draft pick. He didn't he go to Well, he went to what did you call him?
Speaker 2: Though? Didn't he go to Tennessee first?
Speaker 3: I don't know he went to that team and I don't really talk about it.
Speaker 1: He went to Cleveland. What'd you call him? Wentney Cleveland too? Let the league receive it.
Speaker 7: Oh, Josh Gordon, y'all, let's go eight, And he was the real He tell me nothing.
Speaker 6: Hey, Josh was the real deal?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Who was?
Speaker 3: There was another bail receiver play for the Cowboys?
Speaker 2: My dog? What the fuck's his name?
Speaker 3: Cold Terrence?
Speaker 2: Uh? Terrence Williams?
Speaker 4: Yeah, gee, good player, Yeah, good route runner. I got some dogs that came through there for sure.
Speaker 1: Uh, Johnny, We're gonna get you out of here on this one. An Alabama fan says she know what she would do if she won the powerball. Let's take a listen to what she said.
Speaker 6: What would you do if you won the de Powerball? Jack?
Speaker 8: I tell exactly what I'd do with the first seventy million. I'd pay off Kaitlin the board and get him the heck out of the University of Alabama, and then I'd take whatever else it took to get rid of the ad oh Burn. I don't like him either, so they're ruining our football program.
Speaker 9: I'd give my church money. I don't know how much of what i'd have, you know, after I paid my taxes, but I'm sure i'd have plenty with this this kind of day. But I know I'm not gonna win. I just hope I win some scratch offs. I just do it for the fun of it.
Speaker 1: Hey, she says, she knows you do it with the first seventy minute. She gonna get old the boy out of there. You get him up out of that, you're gonna pay the whole seventy million? Hey, will you? Alabama? O joy?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 5: Hey, the standard is a standard, and it's been set for a very long time. That's why you don't want to be the man coming after the man.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 1: It's just it's the same thing with coach Briant. Who want to follow coach Brian? You think I want to follow that?
Speaker 2: Heck? No, who wants to follow coach Saban?
Speaker 1: Who wants to follow coach Tom Osbourne who wanted to follow Barret Swiptzer, or Bud Wilkinson who wanted to Frank Lady.
Speaker 2: I don't want to follow those mythical coaches. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, every once in a while you'll get a guy that follows Jimmy Johnson Erickson and guess what.
Speaker 2: He kept He kept it going and then he goes to the NFL. But I ain't.
Speaker 1: And even though Jimmy was good, Jimmy wasn't on the level he could have been had he stayed. But I'm saying coach Saban been there for twenty years, he's never lost what more than probably after his first year, more than four games in the season, Johnny, you win at one point five? One point six? B What what Johnny? What Johnny gonna do?
Speaker 4: I might break her off a little piece of that because a lot. To be honest, it's my family Thanksgiving this year.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: To be honest, you probably ain't never gonna see me again.
Speaker 2: Damn, Johnny, were just just two weeks in.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna drop off a duffle bag and you're okay with that?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's okay.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna make sure I take care of my people, and then damn, I'm outside.
Speaker 1: Hey, can we get I tell you, ad Johnny, drop the double bag off and then when the college football playoffs at the National championship game, just come back after the national championship game, break it down and that'll be it.
Speaker 2: We appreciate peace out.
Speaker 3: I got, I got the jet. We'll hop on, we'll go, we'll do whatever we'll do.
Speaker 4: We'll do the night cap from the from the seven thirty seven that I put uh Ocho's face on the on the wing.
Speaker 2: O Jo, Johnny said.
Speaker 1: Johnny said, if he wins the lottery, say, we probably not gonna see him again. Hes gonna drop the he gonna drop a bag off, drop one after you, drop one after me, and then we're not gonna see it until the national championship game, Johnny said.
Speaker 2: Johnny say he outside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just gotta keep it a buck.
Speaker 2: Hey, I can't.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna show Hey, I'm gonna show up too, But I can't say, Hey, Ocho, I'm gonna be like a dark s getting slave. I'm gonna be outside too, just so you know, Joe Jo, I'm just gonna be real with it. One point, what is it? One point five billion, one point seven billion.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, hey, oh Joe, you win one point seven billion, you're gonna.
Speaker 3: You're gonna stop being so damn cheap.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, i'ma still be cheap. I'm gonna still be cheap. I'm listen, I'm gonna teach you how to spend some money. I'm gonna be the only person.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be the only billionaire still flying spirit seat seat exit rod thirteen eight.
Speaker 1: You might have to fail to fail spirit out because they I don't know how much longer, but anyway, they close. But oh Joe, you're not gonna be quite a billion there yet. I mean one point seven you probably be about six hundred million, but you'll be close.
Speaker 5: No, they don't know, they know they're only taking I'm in I'm in Florida. They're only taking four hundred and thirty two.
Speaker 1: Million in seven in taxes. How much if you win the lottery in in in Florida. But you taking a lump some, you take it alump some, right.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm definitely taking a love song. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: I told you, I told you we're gonna win. I'm telling you now, I can, I can feel it. I can already feel like I know it's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: I gotta get back to the States.
Speaker 2: You in a eighty four.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's a good number. That's a good number.
Speaker 2: That's my number right there.
Speaker 6: Hey, listen, I can work with that.
Speaker 7: I can for that, honey, well man, Yeah, yeah, man, all right, Hey, I'm gonna give my I'm gonna give I can't give all that to one church, but I'm gonna tie by ten percent to a bunch of.
Speaker 2: Churches, right right, it did.
Speaker 6: Hey mm hmm, I know the first I know the first place I'm going.
Speaker 3: You gotta give us HBCU.
Speaker 2: Oh that already made.
Speaker 1: I told you, Hey, I'm gonna look at who on their schedule for twenty six and twenty seven. Go ahead and take them off, y'all not playing them here? Here you go, y'all not playing them? Nope, Nope, Hey playing he playing the club Shay sharing the night Cap Bowl. So hey, Johnny, thank you, enjoy your time over there. We'll see you back here in the States next week. Enjoy your last days overseas. Man, Thank you for everything. Appreciate it. Johnny, Manziel Glory Days. That's his podcast. Make sure you go subscribe check him out.
Speaker 2: Johnny. Appreciate that, bro.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you boys more next week, what's up. Let's get this is a good time. I'm loving you boys.
Speaker 2: Got all right, guys.
Speaker 1: To make sure you're to subscribe to YouTube channel and follow his podcast, Glory Days with Johnny Manzel