Speaker 1: The volume. What's up, everybody, Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show. That Eastern Conference Finals are still going, and so here we are. I text Jackson like, you know, Boston like Boston, and Jackson text me back talking shit like, oh yeah, you shouldn't have let us get one. And he's like listening to Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart talking their mantra like don't let us get one. Gotta get those guys credit though they said don't let us get one, and they got that one, and listen, I'm never gonna be one of those guys that's like flip flopping back and forth. I said, Boston's losing. I'm standing on that. But here's what I will tell you. I will break down the psyche for you as we get into this and like just how this problem it will play out.
Speaker 2: But no, and don't get it twisted.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna look on your TV screen, on your computer screen wherever you check your news out at your phone and be like, oh man, what Draymond was one of those guys that was saying we he was gonna lose, and then the next game he said that, ain't me, y'all know, I stand on everything that I say, So I'm still standing on it.
Speaker 2: Boston should be done. But now let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: Jason Tatum has looked like Jason Tatum and Boston has found themselves. Grant Williams went to Miami and redeemed himself. I give credit where credit is due. I laughed at Grant Williams. I told y'all, Grant Williams got embarrassed and destroyed and called for his mom and dad's help and all of that.
Speaker 2: And like, again, I'm never not standing on that.
Speaker 1: You can't get dropped off like Grant Williams did and start talking about your moral code that your mom and your dad instilled in you. That's just like, hey man, it all went wrong, and like I gotta go back to everything that I've known since a kid. So that's still hilarious to me. And like I said, know that I'm not flipping on anything I say. I stand on what I say, and so that's that. Now let's really discuss this though. JT twenty one, eleven assists, eight rebounds, Jaylen Brown twenty one, Derek White twenty four, Marcus Smart twenty three. That is a recipe for disaster. You're letting all of these guys get off, not one big now, one guy has a huge night, although twenty one and eleven is a huge night, but not a huge scoring night.
Speaker 2: And you know you're going to allow those guys to do that.
Speaker 1: And that is it's just trouble because that what that means is what we discussed before, which when Boston the ball tends to stop, and when it stops, Boston gets in trouble. They got in trouble last year against US in the finals. They've gotten in trouble the first three games of this series when the ball just stops and they tend to struggle.
Speaker 2: When that happens.
Speaker 1: Twenty one, twenty one, twenty four, and twenty three means the ball didn't stop. And if the ball don't stop, Miami's not allowed to muck the game up. They're not allowed to grab a hold and be physical. You're now playing in space. The ball's moving, it's hopping, Guys are shooting the three, and it's tough to cover, it's tough to guard.
Speaker 2: And that's what makes Boston Boston.
Speaker 1: Al Horford's three point shot has re emerged, and you're playing with fire if you're Miami. So Harr's the psyche, right, Like, if you're Boston, you're like, all right, we gotta get one. They go get the one. You go back home in game five. If you're Miami and you're going to Boston in game five, you gotta come out right away and try to smack them boys, Like, yo, y'all going back home. Y'all gonna expect that you're just gonna go home and win because you're at home, and we not buying that were coming out, we rolling gay Vincent being out I think definitely hurts Miami gave. Vince has been playing extremely well. But injuries are part of it. We've discussed that before. The healthiest team anytime you're gonna win anything, don't ever get it twisted. You need a little bit of luck, and so injuries are part of it. That's the luck. Sometimes you the luck is on your side. Sometimes it's not. I've been on both sides of that. So Miami, you gotta come out and make a savment. By the way, even if you don't win game five, you gotta come out and let them guys know, all right, y'all want one, but we're here and that did not happen. Miami got destroyed from the beginning of the game to the end of the game, which was a tough one.
Speaker 2: Now you're going back to game six, and.
Speaker 1: I'm not one that's gonna say all the pressure is on Miami, Like, yeah, it's pressure, like you're trying to get to the NBA Finals.
Speaker 2: Of course it's pressure. But like, they go win game six, game this, Game six is game seven. No the hell is not.
Speaker 1: Game seven is game seven, and game sevens take on a life of their own. Game seven is a fucking coin flip. It can go either way. So no, I'm not the guy. I'm not gonna Oh, well, they gotta win game six because this is their game seven.
Speaker 2: No the hell is not.
Speaker 1: Game seven is game seven, and game seven produces goosebumps for guys. A lot of guys don't show up in game sevens, So don't give me the whole. If they don't win game six, it's over now. Quite frankly, if you're Boston, you like, we go get game six, that's it a rap. If I'm Boston, if I'm on that team, I'm already thinking, like, these guys done, we got them, we got them, They done?
Speaker 2: They toast?
Speaker 1: Is that the case Boston and should think so, but I don't think so because I'm gonna stand on what I said.
Speaker 2: So Miami need to go back home. They need to get it done.
Speaker 1: They got to take the three away, and they got to stop turning the ball over. They didn't turn the ball over at all in three games. So listen, you turn the ball over against the Boston self as good luck.
Speaker 2: It's two or three points.
Speaker 1: Got super young, super athletic, They super fast, getting up and down the floor.
Speaker 2: Shoot the lights out the ball. It's over.
Speaker 1: So number one, Miami has to stop turning the ball over like they're driving in the They're driving into the teeth of Boston's defense, trying to like make big, like close proximity passes. They're getting deflected in Boston's off to the races, driving into a crowd.
Speaker 2: It's just not working. So the tie has totally flipped.
Speaker 1: First it was Boston driving into the crowd and turning the ball over, Miami taking advantage of it from the late second quarter, early third, started third in Game four. Miami has been turned the ball over ever since, has not gotten a grip on it, has not pulled it back in. But Miami, they're winners Championship culture. I expect them to figure that out. I expect them to fix that. Gabe Vincent being available will be a Hughes fixed. And you know, Kyle Lowry is due for a big game. Kyle Larry come out. He'll struggle a couple of games in the playoff series, Kyle Larry come out and all of a sudden have thirty points in the first half. Take it from me, I've seen it before in the Game six. So we talk about Game six, Clay. Let's talk about Game six, Kyle. They gonna need a big game from Kyle Lowry, a really big game. Miami Boston has made it this decision, and they've made it very clear.
Speaker 2: We will not let Jimmy Butler beat us.
Speaker 1: We're not going to allow Jimmy to control the pace of the entire game and let them beat us. Me personally, I know Jimmy is still capable of it, but that's the decision they've made. In turn, someone else has to step up, and I think it needs to be kyl Larry.
Speaker 2: They need a big game for Bam.
Speaker 1: Bam has to stay aggressive as he's been the entire series, well really the entire playoffs. And especially the first three series. Of the first three games of this series, they need an aggressive BAM. That's the only way they can score and produce enough points. It's the only way they can win. So BAM has to be extremely aggressive. Jimmy's going to do what Jimmy do. Like Kyle Larry. They need a big game from Kyle Larry, and you need either Duncan or Caleb Martin to have.
Speaker 2: A big game.
Speaker 1: You do that, Miami closes this series and sick and move on. But I don't think Boston feel that way. I know Boston don't feel that way. Boston smelled blood. You can see it in their eyes. They smell blood. They joking all of a sudden, it's this is that is rock paper scissors? After the game in the locker room, it's all of the stuff, like they smell blood.
Speaker 2: Can they close the deal? I don't know, man.
Speaker 1: Just a reminder, you can catch me recording this podcast live on amp. Amp is a new live radio app that lets you call in and chat with me in person while I'm recording. Get the app on Apple's app store and make sure to follow me at at Draymond Green to get notified when I go live.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: First time from three to zero, that's an interesting one. That's an interesting one. First time, first team to come back from a three to zero deficit. We would love to see it.
Speaker 2: With me.
Speaker 1: Maybe I won't have to hear about three to one anymore if this team comes back from three to oh, like, you can throw the three to one in the dirt, like, forget about it. I'm sick of it, and like talk about three oh it would be a much better story for me personally to hear, be a much better story. But then saying that Miami's going home to close it out in Game six and moving on to the NBA Finals. As I told y'all before, y'all should see Jackson's face when I say that. It goes from this huge smile to like, immediately start Look, but Jackson's feeling themselves. Jackson, you feel yourself high.
Speaker 3: I am man, I'm not pressed by and by you taking you taking the heat's keep the hate coming, keep the hate coming. It's been a lot of hate for a week and a half. Now feel like the Celtics are playing with house money a little bit.
Speaker 2: I feel good.
Speaker 1: Well, first off, I have no reason to hate on the Celtics. I beat the Celtics in the NBA Finals, so you will never get it.
Speaker 3: Like you remind me of that once a week, so I know.
Speaker 2: And JT my my dog, my brother always rooted for JT.
Speaker 1: So but Bam is my brother too, so you know it's a tough one. But I'm always rooting for JT. So it won't be no hate. But since you be that, you say hate, was it not deserved?
Speaker 3: It was absolutely deserved. It was absolutely deserved. They the first two games the Celtics like played okay and just lost. They got beat. They just turned up, got beat.
Speaker 2: By Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 3: Game three was without question embarrassing. Jalen Brown said it, and the presser you said it. Everyone said it, and.
Speaker 2: Everyone was right.
Speaker 3: It was embarrassing. They quit every adjective you want to.
Speaker 1: Use justify respect. So in saying that, it's not hate, it's the truth. And I'm a guy who gives credit where credit is due. They've responded, give you take your hat off to the celtsis there responded, but y'all go out here and lose this game six, puts your hat back on, because none of that shit matters. If you go out and you lose Game six, all right, great you didn't get swept, all right, you you took it to six.
Speaker 2: No one cares. Boston is a team that a lot of people pick.
Speaker 1: The win of NBA Finals this year. I don't care who you lose to or when you lose. If you lose, you lose, and that's that. So let's see if Boston can get it done.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think no moral victories. It's a weird series because this Celtics, I forget they said the exact number on the broadcast, have won going back to this series and as well as last year as Conference finals, have won like four the last five in Miami, but they've also lost like four of the last seven at home. So like you feel like they're confident going in game six, but the in game seven. It's weird. It's a weird. It's so weird. Such a weird mini rivalry these teams.
Speaker 2: Have right now. Well, here's what I will tell you. As a player.
Speaker 1: You're never walking in like, oh man, I think we've lost four of the last five here, you know, like that's not your mindset that should be so far Like that's like media talking stuff.
Speaker 2: Like you just don't.
Speaker 1: You never think that, and so I know that won't be Boston's mindset going into Game six is like, oh man, like we won for a last five, we should be good here.
Speaker 2: That shouldn't be the mindset. I don't think it will be the mindset.
Speaker 1: I think Boston's mindset is just going, like we're going in here, We're going to take another one. Now here's the tricky part before we get out of here. Where Miami really messed up is that you never wanted to allow Boston to see a win because Boston is the better team, like more talent, like you name it. They got more star power, checks the box at every position like Boston the bench, Like Boston is the more talented team. I can't necessarily say better team because but they should be better and like they're the more talented team.
Speaker 2: So if you're.
Speaker 1: Miami, you never really needed to allow them or wanted them to see one win because once they see that, the confidence changes and they're more talented and possibly better anyway.
Speaker 2: So now that's what we're seeing.
Speaker 1: It's like now Boston has confidence, Miami's confidence, although they say it's not, it's a little shaken, like it's a little shaking that's taking a hit now.
Speaker 2: So the bravado that you had, you needed to close it.
Speaker 1: Can't mess around in these series, So Miami gotta come out and close it in game six, and I think they're gonna do it. By the way, I'm just telling y'all right now, if before we get out of here, if Boston win, don't expect to talk to me or hear from me after game six. Not that I care that they won, because you guys like to create these nerrors. I don't give a damn if they one or whatever. I'm gonna enjoy my weekend and then I'll talk to you like before game seven or after game seven.
Speaker 2: Will make that decision when it's time.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, I won't be talking to you after game six, win or loss. By the way, Miami win, I won't be talking to you after game six a little like a few days a couple of days later, Boston win, I won't be talking to you after game six, So don't even start your narrative. That's a wrap from this episode of Draymond Green Show. Until next time.
Speaker 2: Pe