Speaker 1: Betmgm is giving you the chance to win up to two hundred and fifty thousand dollars in bonus bets, and it's all part of betmgm's Longest Touchdown Jackpot, where you'll be able to split the grand prize with anyone else who bets on the longest touchdown of the week. It's easy to get started. Log into your betmgm account and opt into the promo. Then place in any time touchdown wager of ten dollars or more on the player of your choice, up to one player per game. If your player scores the longest touchdown of the week, you'll win a share of the two hundred and fifty k Be sure to take advantage of this offer, and if you haven't signed up for betmgm yet, use bonus code just Baseball and you will get up to a fifteen hundred dollars first bet offer on your first wager with betmgm seebetmgm dot com for terms twenty one plus only. US promotional offers not available in New York, Nevada, Ontario, or Puerto Rico. Gambling problem Call one eight hundred gambler available in the US. Call eight seven to seven dash eight dash hope end why or text hope end why to four to six seven re six not in New York called one eight hundred next step in Arizona one eight hundred three two seven five zero five zero in Massachusetts, one eight hundred bets off in Iowa one hundred and nine eight one zero zero two to three in Puerto Rico, first bet offer for new customers only, subject to eligibility requirements. Rewards are non withdrawable bonus bets that expired in seven days. In partnership with Kansas Crossing Casino and Hotel. Be sure to take advantage of this offer today. Use bonus code just Baseball to get that fifteen dollars first bet offer on your first wager with bet MGM today.
Speaker 2: Lass. We will see you to.
Speaker 1: The corner.
Speaker 3: Welcome, hangout. It's Friday. You got all three of us, and that means I go highest, Peter, you go middle, RM, you go lowest, or you just don't do it at all. You just sit there and watch.
Speaker 1: I'll do it.
Speaker 3: Three two one man mail bag. Yeah, arms sat there and smiled.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, gave me, you gave me an out. I took it.
Speaker 3: I did give you an out. I can't give it's so embarrassing, Guys, I can't. I can't sing on the two hundredth mail bag we've ever done.
Speaker 2: I'm too chill to do that, understood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're Celsius has to get your heart rate of because it rests at like forty. The Friday mail bag today is Friday February seventh, that is the Friday before the Super Bowl. And Peter tell us about our friends at MGM.
Speaker 1: We are brought to you by the sportsbook born in Vegas, Bet MGM, and folks, if you have not downloaded bet MGM yet, do it now if you want to sprinkle a little bit of dollars on that Super Bowl, because you'll get a first bet offer up to fifteen hundred dollars back in bonus bets if your first wager loses, maybe Gatorade, bath coin toss, maybe like one of the teams, any of the player props. Again, if you download bet MGM, use code just baseball and your first pick loses, you'll get it back in bonus bets. But remember must be twenty one years older. Term tech editions apply. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler very excited for the super Bowl, but more excited for this mailbag. How about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Should we get the super Bowl questions out of the way right now?
Speaker 1: I think yes? Super Bowl question? Oh for the our last take question on the mailback winning?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, Like who's winning the super Bowl? Peter Chiefs Chiefs and Chiefs Big? Who's a big super Bowl? Arem?
Speaker 4: I'm I'm listening to Peter one hundred on this front. He's given me all the pitches, all the stuff. I'm I'm in on it. He's been Wait, when did you place your Chiefs like future? That was like probably week ten week now, like something like that.
Speaker 1: Two and a half units on the Chiefs at plus four forty like two and a half months ago. And when I mean Chiefs big, I don't mean that they're gonna blow them out. I just mean the amount of units deployed on the Chiefs will.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a big play. Yeah, bad play.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I feel like every single time people start to doubt Mahomes a little bit, we do the same, Like why did you ever doubt Mahomes? So I'm just gonna go with the best player on the field, and you know, I'll take the coaching edge with the Chiefs. I'm not in an NFL expert or anything like that, but yeah, I'll just go with the team that doesn't lose. That sounds easy to me.
Speaker 3: So Andy Reid good, But I know you're also not a Sirianni guy at all.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: I For whatever reason, that guy just pisses me off. It was it didn't help when he was going at his own fans. But there's something about him. Maybe if I ever talked to him, I never will, maybe that'll change. Like you know, you have a preconceived notion sometimes like wait, actually like that guy way more than I thought.
Speaker 2: I don't think that would happen with Siriani.
Speaker 4: He just bothers me. I don't know what it is. So I would love to see them lose. To be honest, it's like Rob Riggle and step Brothers. It's like something about your face.
Speaker 3: I just want to suck ya.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, man.
Speaker 4: Even the way he like shakes the hand to the coaches like after every game, it's something way about the way he goes about his business.
Speaker 3: I've got not like us to cap Kendrick's performance. I don't have it as the first song I have it as the last.
Speaker 2: Song and hopefully the last time we hear it for a while.
Speaker 1: See potentially that they, I guess, could get in trouble for playing that song like that could create a defamation lawsuit on a scale that rig Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Guess he's fine in every angle.
Speaker 3: I think he want a Grammy for it. Like I loved that narrative earlier this week. It's like if you've ever thought, maybe you're pushing the hate too far, like Kendrick won a Grammy for hating something. Yeah, that Grammys for being a hater.
Speaker 1: That's while wearing while wearing a Canadian suit. To top it all off, just a little bit of note over there to Drake. I thought he was going to say something, but then I saw what he was wearing, and I'm like, that's as all of that's it?
Speaker 3: Speaking of Canada. Should we talk about pet Alonso hate doing that to you guys? I would say we should talk about pet Alanso, But that actually was a question on the mailbag, So we just made that question one. Get it out of the way, all right, Start the mailbag. Question one comes to us from Big Nate twenty one forty four on X with Pete Alonzo finally being re signed by the Mets. Do you think it's possible for four teams out of the National League East to make the playoffs? I believe the Nationals are a sleeper to make the playoffs. Pete Alonso signed a one plus one it's what thirty in year one player option and then twenty four in year two with the Mets. This is an all time bag fumble. Obviously, I'm not breaking any news here that Pete was looking at one hundred and fifty million and ended up getting a max of fifty four, but maybe just one year for thirty. Scott Boris again falls back on his tried and true one plus one plan. Just kind of sucks that it came to this. It's the perfect fit. It was the only fit for Pete, I think, aside from Toronto. But even then that probably meant that, you know, like they weren't confident in their in their pursuit of Lottie during the course of the season our next year. It was just a little bit more convoluted in Toronto that it is in New York, where there was just a clear cut okay, insert feedback into this lineup. It just makes more sense.
Speaker 4: It worked out nicely for the Mets, too, right, I mean, they just kind of sat back, And I don't think you can, you know, fully blame this on anybody like I think the Mets they knew what they wanted to spend and it didn't make too much sense for them to go above and beyond. And I think the way that we talked about it a few weeks ago, just the way that the first base market had settled in and with a couple of trades being made for teams to address their first base opening, and then a couple other signings a couple of other teams going maybe a little bit cheaper, all of a sudden that market thinned out a lot, and a lot of the leverage swung back to the Mets. And I think it just really made it hard for a be able to get the number that he wanted.
Speaker 2: And I think we also saw the teams are a little.
Speaker 4: Bit wary of a guy that's gonna have to hit, you know, forty home runs, which he does a lot of years, but hit forty home runs and also, you know, have the bat to ball and on base playing a little bit better than it did last year for him to be you know, worth that thirty million a year. That said on the Alonzo side, he's gonna come back pissed off next year, and I think you're gonna see him have a big year, And I think it's it's fine to bet on yourself at a high aav for one year. I feel like this is one of those one place when were talking about Bellinger and stuff, We're like, oh, he's probably gonna opt in. I feel confident about Alonso having a monster year and opting out in worst case for the Mets. If he has a bad year or like a disappointing year and opts in, you still just retain one of your fan favorites. And even what's a down year for Pete Alonzo at that point anyways, too right.
Speaker 1: I'm totally with arm On Peter Alonzo having a big year next year. He needs hit twenty seven home runs to tie Darryl Strawberry's Mets record for home runs, and I think he's I think you can go that.
Speaker 3: But was by that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was a master class negotiations with Dave Stearns and Steve Cohen because.
Speaker 3: One reason that like, Okay, so the price tag says yes, but was it because clearly Pete got pissed for a moment, and three for ninety was on the table a couple of months ago, and then like this felt like a last resort. And I guarantee you Pete is not happy with how this shook out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's probably not happy with how it shook up, but he has to see a thirty million dollar check that he's getting this year being more than basically any first basement in Major League Baseball, and then he can go out on the market and potentially sign a bigger deal if he really truly bets on himself and he has a forty plus home run year. But the reason I call it just such a masterclass is not only did they get him on a one plus one deal for a powerheater of Pete Alonzo's stature, but the Mets needed him a lot more than they let on. Yeah, I mean, look at the Mets lineup right now. Lindor is going to Soto and then who well, you could say Mark Fiento's, but that puts a lot of pressure on Mark Fiento's. You could say Brandon Imo, but I wouldn't say that that's heavy protection for a guy like Juan Soto. Now you put in forty home runs back in that lineup, elongate it, and we can't forget that Pete Alonzo had the biggest home run arguably in Mets history off of Devin Williams. So you know that in a big moment, you got another big bopper who can send all the runners home. So I think that the Mets lineup kind of really needed a guy like Pete Alonzo, but they pretended like, yeah, we could take him, but they really needed him, and they got him for a one plus one.
Speaker 4: That's the crazy part is, like I was trying to think if they were you know, it was a game of chicken or you know, the ultimate leverage is actually being okay with with somebody walking right and saying, hey, you know, we would definitely be better with you, but we don't need you.
Speaker 2: And it almost felt like they believe that they didn't need him. I'm with you, Peter.
Speaker 4: They if you look at that lineup, they needed another master, especially because of going to see your hoping Fianto's match. But there's some you know, yellow flags in the battle ball profile. I don't think it would shock anybody if there's some you know, adjustment periods through what is technically his his sophomore season, and then you know, you look at Nemo being banged up, and.
Speaker 2: You know, how is his how his feet going to be?
Speaker 4: Like it could become very top heavy with just a couple guys, very easily. And now you add a tried and true, proven sucker who, even if it's not again an incredible walk here, he's gonna hit you thirty and he's going to be productive. And you know, again we've seen him perform in big spots. So I was amazed at how willing the Mets were to potentially let him walk, and I think they actually were.
Speaker 2: I don't know why, but.
Speaker 4: You know, I think this ultimately makes the most sense for both parties and and it's a great deal for the Mets especially.
Speaker 3: I thought they were operating like he was walking. I mean when they stand out with j Minter, like all the conversation around Minter was oh, no Alonzo, and then they signed somebody else and it's like, oh no Alonso. Like they were operating like they were not getting Pete Alonzo back. And I think they saw this at that price point fall under their lap and say, okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: That's why this is a masterclass. I agree with you. I think they inherently knew that they need somewhat of the stature of Pee Alonzo. I think they knew that they had the final say and yes, like, could they be a great team without Pete Alonzo?
Speaker 3: Of course, but they are they?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are they winning the World Series? Are they going up against the Dodgers? Are they beating out the Phillies? Are they beating out the Braves with Pete Alonzo? Because the rotation is good, it's not great, So you're relying on this offense and without Pete Alonzo, it's not as good as it could be with him. So just a masterclass by Cohen and Dave starts. Like, if I'm a Bets fan right now, I feel like I'm in such a good spot because I have a GM who's smarter than basically every GM, and I have an owner who is richer than every GM. Just working on a perfect team. Obviously it's not perfect yet, but just the future and how these go as are operating, I'd be really excited. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, getting back to the question, does the NL East give us four postseason teams in twenty twenty five? My answer is no, they gave us three. Last year, Philly won the division and Atlanta and the Mets were wild cards, but you got a factor in Arizona missed the playoffs. San Diego was the other wild card team. I'm not looking at the Central obviously, the Brewers and Cubs. Like, could the Gnats in a world be better than both the Brewers and the Cubs, or at least match them by win total? I don't know I could. I could summersault my way to seeing that a heck of a lot easier than I could summrsault my way seeing them being better than Arizona. Like, I see no world where Washington is better than Arizona. I'm already penciling in Arizona that the wildcard. You know, Spot and La wins the division and the NL West is at the very least giving us two teams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Giants too, Like the Giants are a lot better, yeah than they were last year and the one to eighty games last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you look at at I.
Speaker 4: Mean even the Reds like they I think I got a little bit more faith in them, especially with the movies that they've made too.
Speaker 3: And I want to say I think Washington since now.
Speaker 2: Like Washington, I do, I just and I love.
Speaker 4: I love where the Nationals are going, and I can understand why they're this exciting, you know, popular emergent team pick.
Speaker 2: But you also have to look at, you know, what the Reds.
Speaker 4: Have in terms of some proven talent, and then you look at the national side and like, yes, there was a lot of there's a lot of really fun young talent, but you know, I still think there's gonna be a learning period for Dylan Cruz, who still hasn't fully settled in at the big league level. I think Wood could end up just making that leap and never have the adjustment period. That's fine, but then you look around, I just don't know if there's quite as much impact. And then on the mound, I think you can look at a lot more upside with the Reds as well. And then the bullpen. I think that's a big problem with the Nationals too. Like it's a good team, it's a good young team, but I do see them potentially blowing a lot of leads with that bullpen, and it's not like the rotation is completely you know, tried and proven. So I love where they're headed, but I think these other teams are are more built for one sixty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because one of these teams is going to win the division. We're talking about the National League East, right, whether it's the Braves of the Phillies, you know, or the Mets, and then there's going to be two of those teams and then Arizona and then that's it.
Speaker 3: I will say, I do not think the Mets are all right. Call me out if you think I'm I'm being if I'm exaggerated.
Speaker 1: Friday, It's Friday, it is, give me a take. I'm here for it.
Speaker 3: I don't see very many worlds where the Mets can win the National League East. I don't even know if that's hot or not. But I think Philly is marginally better, and I think Atlanta, like with the health that they're getting and Strider back after what a month or so and Acuna back after what four to six weeks. I saw Mark Bowman report, like, I think those teams are running circles around what the Mets have right now, even with Juan Soto, Like I really can't close my eyes and see the New York Mets winning the National League eeest, So.
Speaker 4: You mean like significantly better, significant not Mark, so I didn't mean to correct. I don't I didn't want to do that on the show, but I just want to make sure. I just want to magnificantly better. I agree like I, And again, the Mets, could you know, have a special year where you have Juan freaking sotof when Door's playing at a you know, MVP finalist level, and then Pete Alonso has that walk year that we think he can have. You can definitely talk your way into this team being really good. But I think when you compare the pitching situation, you know, it's not quite as exciting or impactful. I think they got good arms, but I don't think it's nearly the same as especially what you got going in Philly, and then even Atlanta if they're healthy, and I still don't think Atlanta's done right. They traded. Brave fans are freaking out. They traded for matt Olsen. I think on March thirteenth or whatever. Anthopoulos loves to kind of let things fall into his lap, and they did it with Profar. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another move in there for the Braves to potentially, you know, address that staff a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Also even if they're zero, I'm fine with it. Like looking at the starting rotation with where it is right now and looking at the upper miners, you know, backup plans that they that they have like Elder Smith, Shaw or Walder, all these guys exist and they're just hanging out in triple A right now.
Speaker 2: So yeah, god cool she had cool as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, cool former pirate love Like I could see a move for you know, another another set up adjacent guy, like I think they could use another seventh inning guy in that bullpen. But frankly, like, I think they're close to being a finished product.
Speaker 4: What if they just surprise everybody and go get Cesar King or something like that, I could Nothing would shock me, man, I'm telling you it's Georgia boy too. I think I think so, so that would be interesting. But yeah, I think to answer the question though, it'd be pretty shocking.
Speaker 2: If the National League, I could see it maybe two years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it could be the best division in baseball if things tracked the right way. But I think we're still like definitely a year early there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for me, just to wrap this question up, answering the Phillies Mets versus the Braves, I have something on the Braves later that I want to talk about, but I think the Mets can be better than the Braves. I think that we're expecting so many bouncebacks from them. Again, I'll talk about that later, but the one thing that I really wanted to mention is I think Philly is like the team that's being kind of slept on throughout all of these great teams. Like the Phillies were one of the best teams in baseball last year and then they added hayesus Azarto. I think they should be the favorites to win this division. I think Bryce Harper is going to have a huge year. I think a lot of these players in the Phillies lineup are gonna have big years. And then the bullpen is still very good. Like I think Philly should be the favorite here, and I think the Mets have a higher floor, I do think than the Braves after getting Pete Alonso, but I think the Braves have a higher ceiling.
Speaker 3: Well, and in Philly. To your point, Philly had like three or four bats in that lineup that showed us the floor in twenty four and they still won the division. Like J. Treal Muto pretty much showed us the floor. Castianos showed us the floor. I think Scott showed us his floor. Jovann Rojas showed us the floor. In fact, that half their lineup was like that. Alec Bohm was amazing in April after that he kind of showed us the floor of Alec Bohm for the final five months of the season. So we're talking about half the lineup being nowhere near the median expectation that you can set for those individuals, and they still win the division.
Speaker 1: I think that rotation is better than the Mariners. I think it's the best in baseball. I mean, like, of course they have like thirty guys. Yeah, they're all awesome.
Speaker 2: But it depends who's healthy exactly.
Speaker 1: It's like if I'm going Wheeler, Nola, Sanchez, Suarez, Lozardo.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding? Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean that's and Andrew Paynter coming up, Like that's a potential ace talent every day. Yeah, not saying they're not going to perform like aces, but them at their best can all perform like aces. And now you could say that about the Mariners, but you could also point to some home road splits with the Mariners like their true talent. Are they better than the Phillies? I don't think so. I think I'm going with the Phillies is the best rotation in baseball.
Speaker 4: I don't hate that. And then also I think a really underrated addition is Kepler. Is he gonna move mountains for them?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: But I just think a pretty consistent.
Speaker 4: Bat you know, in the back half of that lineup that I do think is gonna just be benefit from a change of scenery getting out of Minnesota. But also that ballpark, I think the power is gonna tick up. They're in a pretty damn good.
Speaker 3: Spot, great spot, I think so. All right, let's get to question two here. Question two comes from us also from X. This is at four m opinions, which team do you think is the most volatile heading into the twenty twenty five season? Parenth this these biggest variants from their floor and ceiling as a team. I can throw you a bunch of team names that came to my mind, and you can validate or invalidate. But arm it looks like you want to hop in.
Speaker 4: I have two obvious answers, and I know either I think has the exact too as well.
Speaker 2: I might be wrong. But I just with the conversations we've had on the show the last few months. Yeah, I've got two and I'm curious, but the Braves, let's go on.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Okay, so we do have the same too, because I assume the American League team that we're all talking about is the Texas Rangers. Yeah, I mean they could win one hundred games or like win seventy games to grohm if why at length? Ord, We've talked about it like four hundred times, So I yeah.
Speaker 2: You're goal Rangers for me. I knew. I knew you'd have the same too. I knew it. Wow, Okay, so I was playing the Braves or do you? You can run with it?
Speaker 4: You you teased it already, and then I can try to fill in any any blanks.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking at this team, and what really spawned this was the conversation about Ronald Acunu junior coming off the torn acl And then I really start to look and I'm like, Okay, I love Michael Harris. I love Michael Harris, but is he gonna stay healthy all year? Like we could just go through each one of their team's arm You could go through the rotation all go through the lineup. Yeah, Jerkson, Profar, you talked about the swing changes. I believe excellent. I believe in him too, But just because we believe in him doesn't mean that it's necessarily going to happen. Right, It's still up in the air. What Jerks and Profar is going to do. We love Austin Riley. I think Austin Riley is going to be very good. I don't really have any questions about him. I don't really have any questions about matt Olsen staying on the field. But matt Olsen took a dive last year and he was better in the second half. I expect maybe better, but it's still up in the air. Marcelo Zuna is thirty four years old. Ozzie Albi's has dealt with injury. Sean Murphy is now thirty years old and coming off a down year. Kelnick and Arcia, what are they going to give us? And then you could go through the rotation and we can talk about an old Chris Sale. But I'll hand it off to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now, say if you hit the parlay of like all these guys playing to to you know, not even the best of their ability, the eightieth percentile ability.
Speaker 2: This is one of the best teams in baseball, without a doubt.
Speaker 4: But that the question, you know, highlighted the word volatility, and I don't know if there's a team that embodies volatility more than the Atlanta Braves. Right, you either have one of the best talents in Major League Baseball available in a Ronald A Countia junior or you don't. And it's been kind of a coin flip, you know, with with that over the last few years, and you alluded to I think like Mike Harris is a safer bet because you're always gonna get the great defense.
Speaker 2: And you know, I think with.
Speaker 4: Riley, even when he's down, you have a decent year from him, right, And same with Matt Olsen. But I agree it can thin out quickly, Like you're hoping that Murphy's oblique was the reason why he wasn't performing, and I believe that.
Speaker 2: But we say that about six guys.
Speaker 4: You want them all to have it go right next year, but that's like hitting the parlay right, And and then on the pitching side, like I plenty of talent there, I still think they need to address with another arm. Chris Sale we saw kind of run out of gas at the end of the year. You really hope that that was just him running out of gas and not something that carries over into his age thirty six season. But with that shock, you given his history and how many innings he threw Raynaldo Lopez, every expected stat has him, you know, by upping his ra by at least a run. And even if you don't subscribe to that, he was.
Speaker 2: Banged up a little bit too.
Speaker 4: Schwellenbach, I got no concerns about it, and I think that guy takes a leap and really helps them. But then the four or five spots in the rotation too, are kind of a question as well.
Speaker 2: So no questions about the bullpen. That helps a lot.
Speaker 4: But you also have Strider as well, like what does he look like when he comes back?
Speaker 2: When exactly is he going to come back?
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's been announced necessarily yet.
Speaker 2: That helps.
Speaker 3: Sorry, what was that He's gonna miss about a month?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so and then they're gonna be careful, So that helps. Like I love the idea of sale Rainaldo Schwelling back and Strider, but you know, if if Strider's taking some time to get back, Sale doesn't look like he's one hundred percent. Like there's a lot of things that can go either way, and I think more things are going to go right than wrong based on the age of a lot of the guys that we're talking about, injuries with, especially on the hitting side, and and just the fact that Spencer Strider's a freaking probably will be fine and come back. But there's a lot of ifs with this team, and and I'm more than you know you generally like to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we could even go keep going into their bullpen. Russell Glaciers is going to be thirty five years old, and we saw him slow down a little bit at the end. Right, Joejamenez, who has been so big for them, is coming off knee surgery. Aj Minterter is gone, and then it's Pierce Johnson who's thirty four years old. Right, they have other good arms. I'm sure they'll you know, form a good bullpen, but there are also still question marks throughout their entire roster, their offense, they're starting pitching staff, and their bullpen. So yeah, they were a name that I wrote down is probably the most all tile team in the National League. But we're also talking about the downside of the Atlanta Braves, Like if these things.
Speaker 3: All go, well, yeah, we know what the upside of the Atlanta Braves looks like. We should see it on paper, like a long paper is for us to dream, and that's what the braves are. Give me the Texas pitch.
Speaker 1: Now, the Texas pitch, it's it's I mean, yeah, we could give you the Texas pitch pretty easily. Like you look at their rotation and you see a Jacob de Grom. Is he giving you twenty five starts? Is he giving you thirty starts? Or is he giving you seven? Like Tyler Mallley? Is he giving you twenty five starts or is he giving you seven? Right? Nathanyyvaldi has been great to TJ. Guy. One of those stories that you know, people talk about, well, if Nathany Evaldi could do it, then other pitchers could do it. But is Nathany Evaldi gonna do it again? So those are there three pitchers that I'm looking at. And then in a bullpen they just lost Kirby Eight's go look at that bullpen right now. It's good, not great. And then the offense, it's like White Langford could be the MVP or he could be pretty good. Right that there's so many hitters.
Speaker 3: Throughout is always hurt as of course, Yeah, Demians coming off a down year.
Speaker 4: Burger is you know he's been available, you know, the last couple of years, but you know he comes with with a little volatility too, right where even when he's available that the first half was really rough from him. The second half he's like the best power hitter in the world. But that is volatility by definition. A dulais Garcil like a completely different hitter.
Speaker 3: Last year. I have no idea who Adoleys Garcia is going into twenty five.
Speaker 4: Jonah Heim like it was a disappointing year from him, and I know they got Gashioka, but that also was a kind of best stretch of higashi Yoka's career. Josh Smith really good in the first half, slowed down, Ezekiel Duran like what is he? There's a lot of I think, you know, what are you getting here in this in this lineup for sure, And again I think you can talk yourself into the positive side very easily, semi and is the opposite of all as also, it's nice to have that. I feel very confident that Langford takes that leap, but you know, Corey Seeger again is its just continue to miss some time. And I think Josh Young is another big concern there too from a health perspective and Carter with a back thing like it's it could go either way. But then on the positive end, we've seen flashes of Josh Young looking like a very very good third basement, borderline all star caliber third baseman. We've seen Evan Carter look like one of the more exciting young players in the game, and that aspect if those guys are right, like, you're also really feeling good about your lineup. But if you get one fifty out of Corey's seager, he could be an MVP candidate. So yeah, I love the addition to Jock. That helps a lot too, and I think that did help trim some of the volatility there. But the pitching, for sure, when you have mister volatile and Jacob deGrom where if he's available, he's the best pitcher in the game. Potentially, if he's not available, he's not available. That's a big aspect of it. But there's also when you look at the rotation right now, there's a lot of reliance still on paper, at least for de Gram to be available and good. Sure if he's not available and good even if the other guys are, I don't know how I feel about that rotation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cody Bradford might just have to take over the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe according to Peter Cody, which I believe he can, which I want to be clear, he's your new Quantrill, like I mean, Quantrell's still Quantrill, but like Cody Bradford is approaching quant territory for you.
Speaker 1: I just fall in love with these guys who throw like ninety two, who the books price HM at like plus one forty to do anything, And then they hit and I watched them pitch and I'm like, these getting outs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why Cody Bradford got you. I have two other teams that jump to mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh no, you can continue out of this question. I have a quick side question off this question, so I'll save that.
Speaker 2: For the end.
Speaker 3: Okay, the two teams that came to mind for me National League with San Diego, we talk about how top heavy they are, and I feel like we've spent a lot of time talking about the negative of San Diego so far this year. We also have to remember that they still have Manny Machado and Xander Bogarts and Fernando Tatis junior, and they still have Darvish and Cease and King as it stands right now, Merril Jackson, Merril, like, we're also a Tatis injury or a King injury away from Like what is this team? They're bare bones, They've got nothing going on here.
Speaker 1: I mean, Luis Riace could hit three point fifty and be value, or you could get three fourteen and put up one win. That's also something I need.
Speaker 2: To do that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: My team in the American League was Kansas City. Kansas City is a Bobby Witt junior injury or slump away from like seventy two wins the audience, right, who is Kansas City last year? If Bobby Wit is not a ten win player?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what that's It almost makes me feel like we talk about War all the time, like how is his war not twenty?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: On that team, I feel like there's no better example. I'm with you on that. And actually, kind of to that point, I was thinking about I'm sorry, Peter, but the Yankees I don't think that I followed as some of these other teams.
Speaker 2: But if Aaron Judge.
Speaker 4: Goes down, I mean, yeah, dude, it's a lot of names, but like, it's not a lot of guys, Like, I don't know if I could confidently pick who the best hitter would be in that line of Aaron Judge goes down.
Speaker 3: Is it like who you circling jazz as?
Speaker 4: Is it is it goldschmid On a bounce back at thirty seven?
Speaker 3: Is it Bellinger?
Speaker 2: John Carlos, Stantonburtending, it's the playoffs? I don't, I don't know. And then on the pitching side, like Cole, I still all believe in him until he's not on the bound anymore.
Speaker 4: And he looked great in the postseason, but you know, it's coming off of a little bit of a thing and if you look at the stuff like it wasn't quite what it used to be. That guy will just execute his way to success forever. But Rodin is also the definition of volatility. Luis heel will see, like I do think there's some interesting wrinkles with them. I think the Yankees hadge it with a ridiculous bullpen, as they typically do, and I think the lineup is more.
Speaker 2: Balanced than you know. We've seen maybe even.
Speaker 4: In recent years, but Jazz has heard all the time. There's some older guys and it's it's gonna be interesting. What do you get from Domingos. I think there's a lot of questions still to be answered there with the Yankees, so I think they're a sneaky, volatile team as well.
Speaker 1: You're one hundred percent correct, And I was after Jack and I finished an episode. I was trying to convince him why I should take the Yankees under ninety in half wis I'm like, I see this like we're a one Aaron Judge injury away from this offense being not great. I love Luise Heels so much fun watching him pitch last year, but I kind of came out of the I came out of nowhere. I mean, he's always had good stuff, but we still watch four point.
Speaker 3: He can also make you go gray this year. That's also in his game.
Speaker 1: And Clark Schmidt, like we're watching him face good teams in the playoffs and it's like, please get him off the mound, Like is that your five? And then you know I still love Freed, but Cole is also thirty four to thirty five years old. I couldn't agree with you guys more when we talk about win totals in the betting previews, Like I'll have a pitch about the Yankees, so I'll say that for them, but I agree with you. What was your question off of the question, who is the team that you know is going to win the amount of games? Like who's the team that you know the best? And I'll give you an example, like I know the Mariners are gonna win eighty four games, Yes, for sure, like the team so it's like there's so volatile. I know they're gonna do that. They're not gonna win more than eighty six, and they're not gonna lose more than eighty two. They're just gonna win eighty four. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I know the Rockies are gonna win sixty three. That's good. Look, I know the Cubs are gonna win eighty five. Really like they've built a roster.
Speaker 2: That I think they've got a little bit more upside now, don't think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I downside too.
Speaker 3: I look at that rotation, man, Like okay, say showed a second half looks like that, you know, show a second half turns into show does twenty five? Okay, you know steal like, at the end of the day, it is ninety one ninety two, and I understand it's got incredibly unique characteristics, but they don't have that guy every fifth day that I look at and I'm gonna say, you're gonna give me seven innings a two run ball and I'm gonna survive. Like, I just don't think they have that in their rotation right now. And Tyne, Like I cannot convince myself that tyone is gonna be as reliable as he was in twenty four. Like there's a lot that needs to go right for them to exceed my expectations. But I also think they've built out such a high floor for themselves with so much AMMO in that lineup, Like they're deep. I know they can be productive every night. I just don't know if they can be like ninety two win team.
Speaker 1: Good. No, you you kind of convinced me, because you're right, They're gonna be between eighty one to eighty seven. I'm pretty sure. And like that's there's there's teams who.
Speaker 3: Have this season as a ninety win team. I just I don't know, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't see a team I think with a huge delta of like they could be really really good or really really bad. Imagine if the twins stay healthy. Imagine if that twins line up, all of them stay healthy and I'm done crazing out.
Speaker 3: I'm opting out of the Twins conversation.
Speaker 1: Guys, is at the time of the year where we start to say, angels aren't that bad?
Speaker 3: Angels? I look okay on paper.
Speaker 4: You know what the craziest part about the twins are twins is I think their best like internal reinforcement Emmanuel Rodriguez, who could help catapult them, And I'm gonna talk about him. Actually another question, also hurt all the time, like that Walker Jenkins, It's been hurt through a lot of his Minori career already. Like their reinforcements that are on the way are also guys that are hurt. And then like in and out of the lineup, It's like, I don't understand they're gonna be like thirty five deep on the active roster, just like funneling guys in and out, in and out.
Speaker 1: Imagine if they're healthy, yeah, it's great, but who's the team that you just know is gonna do what you think I was.
Speaker 4: Gonna says Wins win eighty two. But no Ah, man, I feel really confident about the Phillies being in the in the ninety range. But to say, you know, any team's gonna win ninety plus games, it is crazy. But I feel really, really confident that the d Backs are going to be at least in the upper eighties pushing to ninety.
Speaker 2: I think they might be better than that.
Speaker 4: But like you saw what they did, you know, two years ago when they got to the World Series and one I think it was eighty six or eighty seven then, but then they win eighty nine this past year and it was like not even their best year, especially with the first half struggles. I just feel so confident that team at least winning eighty eight eighty nine, and I think they're gonna push further than that. But that's one that I just the team only got better, and it's just too balance across the board. The pitching is deep. Now, I think that's a team you just look at it like that. Even if they're frustrating, which I thought they were at points last year, they're gonna still somehow win eighty seven eighty eight games at least.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I agree with you, all right, We're gonna jump to the next question in a moment. Before that, we will take a quick break Instagram question. Now, this one from at B Gianna Scoley on Instagram. Got Italian name. Which young player do you see taking the biggest jump to superstart them this season? My personal pick would be James Wood. Would love your guys's thoughts. I'm sure Arham agrees with the James would pick because we already saw it. The names that jumped to my mind and we've documented them this week. Actually, Jack Centorio, I think he's he's star already. I think he could make that super star jump that we're asking for. Wya at Langford's same deal. The other one, Michael Harris hasn't become a superstar yet. I think a healthy Michael Harris, if he's a six and a half win player, he's playing some of the best defense that we've gotten major League Baseball in center field, and he's this power threat that's slapping the ball around the ballpark at the same time in the Leitos fots for you know, maybe the second best team in baseball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's hard not to go with that one. I have one army you want to go.
Speaker 2: First, No, you go ahead, and I can fill in wherever.
Speaker 1: So I had White Langford written down, Yeah, Jackson Troyo written down, I had James Wood written down. But one sneaky one. I think Patrick Bailey is going to take a leap to potentially be in the best catcher in baseball next year. Yeah, because what does.
Speaker 3: That look like? A one to oh five WRC plus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the thing is if it's one oh five, he's probably getting out from a war perspective.
Speaker 2: Is the best catcher in baseball?
Speaker 1: So let me explain. So through fifty nine games last year to start the season, he had a three point two f four to start the year, that was eleventh and major League Baseball no other catcher had above a three point zero. At that point. He had a one to twenty one WRC plus. Then in August he goes on the il with an oblique issue and just really ended the season poorly. But when we look at his pre All Star numbers two eighty three, three point fifty four, four thirty slash line for a seven eighty four ops. He had seven home runs, he only hit one more in the second half. Hits the ball really hard. Switch hitter keeps the ball off the ground, and then you factor in the best defense in the sport. Like I think it's one of those years where you know, Yachti or Molina is like by far the best defensive catcher in baseball, and then he has those years where he's a one to ten one fifteen WRC plus guy. I think that's what Patrick Bailey is going to do. I think we're gonna look at the catcher leaderboards after the season and say Pat Bailey put up a seven and a half win season even though he only had a one to twenty WRC plus. Yes, the defense is that good, and I think the bat will be ten to twenty percent above league average if he's able to play an entire season. He's just twenty five years old. I think he's going to be a monster.
Speaker 2: It is crazy.
Speaker 4: If you'll get the projections. I think the projections have him at a ninety WRC plus and a five to one f four, which would put him from that just perspective as one of the best catchers in Major League Baseball. The other interesting aspect is like I've I don't know if he said it on our show or if he said it in another interview, but I remember him talking about it, and I know he had a specific injury to circle this past year, but he talked about it after his rookie season two where he hit that wall in the second half, and I mean, it's a grind to catch, and Pat Bailey's a guy that you know, to get the value. You want him to be catching as much as possible because he's a defensive wizard, and it just seems like he has struggled to stay fully, fully feeling like himself through the duration of the season. I think we talked about it too on the show in one of the episodes this offseason, about how insane his first and second half splits are in his career so far. That's something that you know, again, injuries have maybe played a little bit of a part into it, and also just conditioning and getting himself into a spot where like you just learn how to maintain your body more.
Speaker 2: At the big league level, you have more resources, were not how to use them more.
Speaker 4: Maybe that helps him extend into you know, August September, first half of the season in his career, he has a one to twenty one WRC plus second half of the season in his career, he's a thirty.
Speaker 2: Five WRC plus.
Speaker 4: That's the difference in slash line for those who you know don't don't love the the plus numbers two eighty six, three forty three, four fifty four versus one seventy nine thirty eight. So he doesn't even need to be good in the second half. You just need to not fully fall off a cliff. And to Peter's point, like he was a four to four point three four player last year, I think could easily push towards six. So it's not gonna be a flashy star. But from the value perspective, like I actually think that's a good answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, arm you have anybody else Peter Armstrong.
Speaker 2: For me, it could go any which way because he's.
Speaker 4: Very aggressive, and I think the floor is high because of the fact that he's such a good defender. But this is a guy that elevates so well and can hit twenty to twenty five home runs.
Speaker 2: We saw him settle in more and more.
Speaker 4: With the bat, and the numbers got better and better and better as the season progressed. He is a wizard defensively as well, and I think he could steal in a full season. He got more comfortable and more comfortable. He was almost perfect. I think the first time he got thrown out was actually like a messed up play or smiscommunication.
Speaker 2: He got back picked. Like he could steal fifty.
Speaker 4: Bags and he can hit twenty home runs and he could be one of the best center fielders in Major League baseball. So I do think that's a guy that could end up making that leap and the bad of ball data, like he hits the ball hard, so I could see him pushing to that twenty five home run range, and you know, if he's putting up Jackson Merrill type of offensive numbers, which is a very lofty goal with his defense as well, Like that's that's a star.
Speaker 2: The other that I.
Speaker 4: Think it's a little bit more of a squint and a little bit more offensive driven is a Lawrence Butler, and we saw what he did in the second half, but his number is like to really dive into it. And again that was one of my favorite breakdowns I did. To have a tangible swing adjustment and a significant adjustment, and then to go from struggling in Triple A against fastballs and then to be one of the best hitters in Major League baseball over your final seventy plus games.
Speaker 2: I think there's a very real scenario where we see.
Speaker 4: Him just build on that and continue to be just one of the better mashers, you know, young masters in the game. Again, I think that one requires a little bit more squinting and you know, a lot more offensive output, but it wouldn't shock me with his talent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got one that requires a lot of squinting, and I don't I don't think it's superstar, but I'm just thinking, like he could remind everybody that he is a star in the making, Like I don't want people to forget how good Matt McClain's twenty twenty three was.
Speaker 2: I do like that answer.
Speaker 3: McClain could bounce back in a healthy twenty five and if he played all one hundred and forty hundred and fifty games, he could be an All Star and a five win player, playing a couple of different positions and be this multifaceted offensive piece. Who opsd about what eight sixty. I think in Cincinnati and his rookie year, maybe.
Speaker 4: Even played good short and played good short and they could steal bag. So yeah, I love that answer, and I I think, you know, superstar, No but Star Star Run Star Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Quick question for both of you, because you're both PCA enjoyers and you're both Michael Harris enjoyers. I need you to project. I need you to put on a Galaxy Brain aluminum foil hat for me for a second. Not really conspiracy, just projecting long term. Who has the best peak season between PCA and Michael Harris peak?
Speaker 3: Is PCA? Really Harris will be better year over a year.
Speaker 1: So you think like PCA's best year will be better than Michael Harris's best year, but Michael Harris will have longer and better career. I do, yes, arm are you aligned there?
Speaker 4: I think Michael Harris, if everything goes right, can have a better season because he hits the ball harder and he hits the ball more consistently. So I'd actually go Mike, Dude. Mike Harris ran a ninetieth PERCENTILEX of Wlostit You last year of one hundred and eight point six miles per hour. That puts him in like the thirty to forty home run territory type of guys. The problem is he always puts the ball on the ground, and I don't know if that's something that will end up fully rectifying, but he puts the bat on ball a little bit more consistently, Like if he's able to convert that raw like that's plus plus raw power, which is crazy out of him, Like he could end up converting that into you know, a monstrous season.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he does it or not.
Speaker 4: I think PCA swing is more grooved to get hot and hit thirty if everything that's right.
Speaker 3: That's my point, Like you were saying PCA is so geared to lift riggly wind blowing out summer, like he could go mon he's twenty five homers across three months and jack.
Speaker 1: To further your point, Michael Harris ain'ts stealing fifty backs. That's like PCA could right and peak defensive value. Could PCA also be the peak.
Speaker 3: It's probably comparable.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, that's an interesting question.
Speaker 4: I'm starting to lose faith and Mike Harris being able to elevate, and that's fine, Like if he doesn't elevate, he's gonna always hit the ball hard and just be a high babbit guy and.
Speaker 2: Get hit enough home runs.
Speaker 4: Maybe there's a little bit more confidence that PCA can become a bit more well rounded of a hitter and already has again, the angle is to hit a home run so or hit a lot of home runs, so that.
Speaker 2: That is tough.
Speaker 4: I all side with the batted ball data of Mike Harris and hoping it but I could see either.
Speaker 3: Or gotcha nice? All right, let's jump to you know, maybe the picture version of this question. And I love this. This is from at Skuyler Clifton on X who is on your Mount stuff More? Not best pictures, just favorite guys to watch because of their filthy repertoire. And this could turn into guys naming dudes, but for the sake of you know, like Mount Rushmore, Mount stuff More, I picked four. I've got two relievers and I've got two starters.
Speaker 1: Guys, I have a question before we begin. I took it as right now, did you guys take it as all time? No? Right now, right now? Okay, perfect. I just wanted to make sure.
Speaker 2: I got one guy and I like he's been my favorite since the.
Speaker 4: Minor leagues to just just dial up video on and I don't need any I don't need any more. Huh yeah, go ahead, all right, Jeremiah Strata, Like I'm telling you, I don't think he gets enough attention for how outrageous his stuff is because it's three pitches that are all insanely bizarre in how they work off each other. So his fastball averages ninety seven miles per hour, but this dude gets So I always talking about like cut ride fastballs, and that's going to be you know, usually cut ride fastball is gonna a guy just naturally cuts it, but it stays up and it'll get maybe thirteen fourteen inches avert but no horizontal, so that ride plays up. Jeremiahs Strada gets nineteen and a half inches of vert and only one and a half inches of horizontal, so it's like it looks like it's cutting, but it's also riding like.
Speaker 2: A true just like vert fastball. So that already is outrageous.
Speaker 4: And he's throwing in a ninety seven and it's a slightly above average extension.
Speaker 2: That fastball, I think is one of the best fastballs in Major League baseball.
Speaker 4: And then you have a slider that is ridiculous off of that tunnels like a nightmare. And then he has a splitter that averages eleven inches or ten inches of vertical separation fourteen miles per hour. In velocity separation and then another ten inches of horizontal separation.
Speaker 3: That is I.
Speaker 4: Think as disgusting of like a dichotomy between fastball and splitter, Like that might be the closest thing to what Sasaki is going to be bringing over so and with Sasaki, it's more just the splitter being way over here in the fastball just being hard. I think the arsenal that he brings to the table is up there with just about anybody, and that's why opponents hit one eighty eight against him last year.
Speaker 3: So you have nobody else. It was just that guy and that's it.
Speaker 2: I'll pull a couple others, but that's clear cut.
Speaker 1: For me, Like my favorite cool for me, I have a reliever that I think has better stuff than Jerebiah shot up. But I mean that was a great pitch. I mean the different ways that those balls are moving is incredible. But I think Joan Duran is the best of of any reliever.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean we're looking at a guy who's averaging one hundred and one miles an hour with his fastball and then he just throws this ninety seven mile hour splinker. I mean, what the hell is even that? And then you're getting used to one oh one versus ninety six, and then it's an eighty six mine hour curveball that opponents hit one fifty one against and whiffed at a forty seven percent rate. Like, he's also a three pitch guy with one hundred and ninety seven min hour splinker eighty six mine hour curveball. Yeah, he's number one for me. Sneaky also, and I'm sure you're gonna mention him, but Ryan Helsley phenomenal. Fact. The only thing these two pitch guys I just tried to stay away from with the relievers. But I'm like, Joan Duran could be a two pitch guy, but he decides to throw a curveball and he's just disgusting.
Speaker 4: You could probably be a one pitch guy, dude, Like, yeah, seeing ninety seven next to splitter, like it's like breaking.
Speaker 2: I'm staring at it right now. It's just like breaking my brain.
Speaker 4: But the other crazy part is he like lands that pitch for a strike, like pretty consistently it is seventy four percent strike right on the splitter the splinker.
Speaker 2: Really, I mean that just outrage your stuff.
Speaker 4: Like obviously Paul Skeens would be the most fun answer because of what he can do on the topic of splinkers.
Speaker 2: But like Paul Skeen's is going to be just about everybody's answer Duran.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you're doing that, and then you also got one oh two, you know in the tank, it's he's got to be up there, if not the most ridiculous pitcher.
Speaker 1: Who are your relievers?
Speaker 2: Drek?
Speaker 3: So my two relievers biased, but Ryan Walker just the way that everything.
Speaker 1: Dips Walker, I so okay with that answer.
Speaker 3: I like, I watch him and he breaks my brain. It's like, how can any hitter deal with this? Because he's throwing from left field and then it's like ninety five somehow from there, and then it's like this insane sweeper off of that. I don't read. My brain doesn't compute how hitters can compete with that. And then the other guy, you know, the carnival game or like you have it in bars sometimes. I think it was at Harry's in Syracuse, the punching bag that you just like hit as hard as you can and you just like you're in awe at the score. Ben Joyce makes that list because I feel like every time he throws a baseball I'm watching somebody like punch that bag harder than I could ever dream of doing it. I'm like, how hard are you gonna throw this one? I'm just I'm I'm glued to him. Every time he throws a fastball.
Speaker 1: He's like a heavyweight boxer. I mean, one O six is one of sex. Like yeah, like could be the end of conversation. It's one oh freaking six.
Speaker 3: I understand if he's a one trick pony, I get it, but that trick is like you do something nobody else in the world can do, and I love watching you do that one thing.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I'm with that one.
Speaker 4: Kirkering as well, that slider, Like I know it's just one one pitch specifically there, but I could watch that slider all day, Like that's pretty much like an eighty grade pitch. And then this is a little bit different because it's not really just how the pitches move. But I think it's I was talking about this today partly because I actually saw him at the park today and the holy crap is.
Speaker 2: He's all our oldest Chapman dude.
Speaker 4: Also watching him get his work in, it's all like coiling work and like he's on the turf field. Just the way his body moves is just ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And it makes sense.
Speaker 3: I he's physically designed to throw one hundred and five miles an hour, because like he's all legs and like it's insane.
Speaker 4: But to be that long and then be able to coil the way that he does and push from there, and I see how he can do it now literally watching him get his work, and it's it's outrageous the stuff that he does. But when we were in Pittsburgh for the Stadium tour and he was warming up in the bullpen, We're about to look like straight down and I'm just watching the way that he loads into that back leg and explodes. I was talking about it today. I would pay a lot of money to put a metal bat in his hand, have him load into that back hip and just take the biggest swing he possibly could until he goes like perfect perfect. I legitimately think he could hit a ball four hundred and eighty feet.
Speaker 2: He's got to be one of the most explosive athletes we've ever seen.
Speaker 1: So we've gone over a lot of cool answers. How about the obvious answers? Because I had three pretty obvious answers on my Mount stuff More. I had Skeens, I had Schooble. I think Scoople is disgusting. I know that he gets, you know, a lot of praise for his command, but still even if he didn't have command, that guy would be unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Because Snell and.
Speaker 1: Snell was my third. Like Snell, he gets a lot of shit for the walks, but to be that good when you're walking that many guys like this stuff is unbelievable. Dylan Ceesah, stuff is unbelievable. But my official Mount stuff More was Paul Skeens, Trek Scouble, Blake Snell, and Joan Durant's.
Speaker 4: So that's just about Yeah what I that's almost undisputable And in allways, Glass, now I think you'd be in there as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mine tailored to me is Ryan Walker, Ben Joyce and the two starters. I had Jared Jones. Watching the fastball jump out of his hand is like, you shouldn't be able to do that from that frame, but he does that.
Speaker 1: He looks like he gets the most vert on his fastball in Major League Baseball. Like just watching the Pirates broadcast like it. You can see the ride in person.
Speaker 3: Dude, It's it's crazy to watch. And then this is the year it all clicks for Mackenzie Gore. I'm I'm married to it. I'm married to it. I love watching that guy pitch.
Speaker 1: In his Family Sophomore more than school book.
Speaker 3: So it's Jack and no, not more than Schooball and Skiins. I was just saying, like, guys that I love watching because I'm like, you're freaking.
Speaker 2: Nasty Jack and the Gore family.
Speaker 1: And that's.
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed. Man, this is the year.
Speaker 1: Who So who's your official Mount Sophomore.
Speaker 4: I think Mason Miller for me, just also because the story and and that's like a personal just like following through the Fall League minor leagues like and then up to the show. And just also when talk about vert and velocity, those guys that get to that velocity, the vert just naturally like cannot carry to that degree and he somehow makes that happen. I'm still keeping Jeremiah Strada on there, Lake Snell, Paul Skins, you know.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 4: And every time people ask me about Mount Rushmore, I forget how many people are on Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's four of them.
Speaker 2: There's four so I'm tapped out.
Speaker 3: That's a you're good.
Speaker 1: Sneaky stuffmore guy Bryce Miller and the only reason I didn't actually include.
Speaker 2: He's so talented.
Speaker 1: He throws seven pitches and he just picked up a splitter last year for fun. Also, and then opponents that won forty eight against it.
Speaker 3: If we're playing that game, I think Darvish should be considered.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely he should. Yamamoto is gonna be up there. He's got five or six pitches too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, it's all crazy. All right, let's jump to the next one. I think this one's gonna be pretty quick. This is from at O Geary twenty nine on Instagram. Is there any team that made the playoffs last year that you guys think will not make it this year? No, Peter's pretty adamant with his answer.
Speaker 2: I just remember Valene ba Yozo also on my stuff May Joso.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, I mean you already give my answer.
Speaker 3: I think I know it.
Speaker 1: I'm so out on the Orioles.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I just I'm so disappointed of what they've done with this rotation. Zach Efflin, I like Grayson Rodriguez could take that next step, but a forty one year old Charlie Morton, Dean Kramer, Toma Yuki Sigano, are we serious? And then like you went cheaper for Tyler O'Neal instead of Anthony Santander, and then Anthony Santander wasn't even that much more expensive, So you bet on kind of the upside of Tyler O'Neal. And I love Tyler O'Neill because I see the upside, but I also see the downside here, right, Like I like Colton Kowser, I like obviously Gunner, love Gunner. But then it's like, what is Adley gonna do? What is this first base tandem? Is Ryan O'Hearn gonna be this good again pairing with Ryan Mountcastle? Like there have been some injuries? How good is Cedric Mullins? Does Jackson Holiday finally take a step? So there's question marks in the offense, There's a million question marks in the rotation and then the bullpen even like Yen your canoe took a step back last year, Like Sar Anthony Dominguez is so inconsistent. He's great for a stretch and then he's not for another stretch. And then like Kitchrich is thirty five, and yeah he can lock down the seventh but and then Felix Bautista is coming back from TJ. Like, there's so much up in the air, and in an American League East where the Yankees are going to be very good, the Red Sox I think are going to be good. I think the Blue Jays are gonna be better, and I think the Rays are gonna be better. And with only so many spots, like I think the Orioles are gonna end up missing the playoffs.
Speaker 3: The only transactions so far this offseason that I look at and say, yeah, I objectively like it was Gary Sanchez.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it, just like a nice pick up makes sense, you know, until Besillah's ready figure it out. I And it's funny because they didn't spend the big deal besides Tyler O'Neal. But if you start to add together all the small deals, it turns into a pretty big number. And I don't like any of them. And I understand that you have to feel like you have to spread it out a little bit if you have a bunch of holes. I didn't think they had a bunch of holes. I think they could have went a little bit higher quality instead of the quantity thing and been in a good spot. I mean, once you combine Chicano and Morton and you even gave four million real dollars to Ramo and Loreano like that, that's turns into what got thirty million dollars something close to that. I just I don't really get it from that perspective, and I would have rather gone for more quality over over quantity.
Speaker 2: But you know, here we are.
Speaker 4: It's still a very talented team, and I think you know, if Tyler O'Neal can match what he did for most of last year, that absolutely helps. And the players just continuing to hopefully get better and add Lee quote unquote bouncing back even though it wasn't a bad year. But I mean the pitching staff, I still think it is a lot of questions, like it's I get depth wise, it's fine, and then that's fine, Like I don't think it's gonna be a disaster, But who's gonna be the guy when you are going through a tough stretch. I always like aces are the like losing streak killers as well, right because.
Speaker 2: You can't score a run.
Speaker 4: It's been a you know, the offense has been struggling for a week and a half and then you get your ace on the mound. Who puts up zeros and you're like, Okay, we only need two runs to win today. Who is that guy? Maybe it's Grayson. They really need Grayson to be that guy next year. And he's battled health issues and you know, and some fastball quality concerns. Like I can't talk myself into really anybody else being that guy in the rotation.
Speaker 1: And they lost that guy. I mean, Corbyn burns one hundred and ninety four innings that they're not going to have. Like Tyler O'Neal might be a good player, I don't think he's hitting forty four jacks like Santander did, especially with that left field and in Camdon Yards. Are they bringing it in a little bit?
Speaker 2: I saw they brought it in.
Speaker 1: They brought it in. Still, I mean it's still far, Like it's still hard for right handed hitter to get that many home runs out of the ballpark. And Tyler O'Neill's plenty of talent, but there's a reason he was cheaper than Santander, right, There's a reason for that. So yeah, I was so excited for the Orioles this offseason, I thought that they could really make some big splashes. I thought they could be the team to trade for Crochet, and Michaelias has just been operating like a scared little puppy. And then what's further pissing me off is I start ripping these moves on Twitter and Orioles fans are like, no, Charlie Morton is actually a great addition dot com. The Yuki Sigano was actually.
Speaker 2: Could be very good.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, what are you people talking about. Shouldn't we be going after Michael Lias right now? Shouldn't we be mad at him instead of just like, oh no, I trust the process, Like what is the process so far? Even giving you guys good regular seasons? Bounced early every playoff run? Then what so I'm I'm extremely upset and I'm gonna bet the Oorls to miss the playoffs.
Speaker 2: They're gonna squad.
Speaker 4: They have a chance to squander a very talented young core that will get very expensive and probably won't be able to be retained across the board. And that's why it's like, you have a cheap, you know, star powered offense, address it and be aggressive and push the chips forward, and it's just not the way Michael Olias operates. I think that's become very clear. It seems like he is very, very cautious, and I think he should be on on on fraud watch going into this year for sure, because I I'm not a big Sicano guy either, and I don't know how that stuff's gonna play. But the other answer for me, and I hope I'm wrong on this front because I still think, you know, as Jack mentioned, they have plenty of talent is the Padres though, just because I do wonder, you know, how morale is there as well too. I saw, you know, Manny Machado talking about like, yeah, of course we're upset that we didn't.
Speaker 2: Make any additions.
Speaker 4: And you know, I'm not saying that guys are just gonna, you know, show up and not try. Of course, they're they're gonna, they're gonna try to compete, and they they know that. They look around the clubhouse, there's still a lot of star power around them. But Luisa Raya has been in trade talks all off season. I like that's been something he's been dealing with. Dylan sees the same story, Michael King the same story and even if they're not moved, like I don't know, it's just kind of weird. You go into this spring training you're not even sure who's gonna still be there, if they are gonna be there, if they were even gonna be there by the time you got there. I think there's just this and it's unfortunate because I think that, you know, the passing of Peter Sidewaer obviously impacted this big time as well. But you just I feel like there's this weird energy around the padres right now, and it's gotta be seeping through internally in terms of the financial challenges, uh, the trade rumors consistently and just where they're at. The team has a talent to absolutely get back to the playoffs, and I think the bullpen is gonna be huge for them because they have plenty of talent throughout there. But as we talked about, like if you Darvish goes down, you're looking at a rotation here where it's cees king and then you're trying to fill it out, and I think there's a case to be made that, you know, converting one of their relievers into a starter, and whether it's off an injured more Hoone or bryanoing back to the rotation could be one of their better options.
Speaker 2: That's when you know it's pretty thin.
Speaker 4: And then offensively, like we're still looking at a situation where I mean, based on roster resource, you got Tirso Arnells startin in a corner who I don't hate, but like we're talking about a playoff team and Eggy Rizzario potentially starting, we probably need a little bit more you know, firepower.
Speaker 1: There and arm just too further your point, you were talking about the magic there for a little bit, Like they are losing Jerkson Profar from last year. And I'm not saying that if they had re signed Jerkson Profar that they can run it back, but jerks and Profar was the best hitter in Major League Baseball last year when it came to high leverage and the Padres were ten and two in extra inning games, they had magic about them right the year before that they were two and twelve in xt ra inning games and they went eighty two and eighty. Like sometimes that little bit of magic that stuff in the clubhouse matters. Ask Mets fans with Jose Glacias, like that shit matters, and losing a guy like Profart not only in that clubhouse, but the magic he brought with the bat last year is sometimes just a flash in the pan. So now you lose that guy. And also Kims Nooslatch either.
Speaker 3: Exactly you think I was gonna say. They also lost their short stop. That's kind of important.
Speaker 1: And now we're looking at a team without a lot of magic, right like Fernanda Tachi's junior manaum Chado's Innerbergers. These guys are all good players, but like, is there a magic to them?
Speaker 3: I don't think that you can project magic in February.
Speaker 1: I'm doing it.
Speaker 3: I think that's impossible to project magic in February. Like for yourself. Do you think anybody sat here on February sixth, twenty twenty four and said, you know what, jose I Glasias is gonna be huge for some That was me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, that was me.
Speaker 2: No, you don't even predicted the Jillboard top hit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have you heard of this Sabrina Carpenter, She's gonna be on a roll. You'uring like a year.
Speaker 1: No, I just I just wanted to point to like the Padres were so much fun because the twenty twenty three Padres like they were such a bore. There were such a bore. They had great players, but it just felt when they were up in the game, they'd lay down. They might close it out, but they lost some leads, and then when they were down in the game, it felt like the game was over. Like all I had to watch was the first five innings of a Padres game to see where the game was gonna go. And then you're also taking out Tanner Scott from that bullpen on top of it, who's like an incredibly alle reliever. I know he wasn't on the team the entire time, but for that stretch he was unhittable. So it's like, then you're taking away Blake Snell, You're taking away some bats. It's just like, yeah, I agree with you, ar they would be my team in the National League to miss the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, we are alive and on both of those so baldly in San Diego. Yeah, those are two that I had written down. We got two more questions. Let's go to Giovanni P two on Instagram. Who is the prospect that no one is talking about that could make a serious impact at the MLB level. I think arm just mentioned Tyarsore, Neelas and like that is where my mind went immediately, and I went for twenty five. I'm not talking about a guy that like, oh he's underrated, but he's killing in High A and you know he could be awesome in twenty twenty seven. I went twenty twenty five. Who could be a big piece of the major league level that like, really nobody knows of. The two names that came to my mind immediately were Tiarsore and Alas in San Diego, and then Chase my Draft, who was just acquired in the Garrett Crochet deal. My draft can play every single day for the White Sox, and he may be by ops plus considering how much he walks, he may be their best player by ops plus on that team.
Speaker 4: Wild Yeah, Like I know, I used her so as an example, like, eh, well, you don't know what's going on out there, but I do like him, you know, I think it's just we're talking about a playoff team that goes from profar with a one thirty WRC plus two.
Speaker 2: You know he's a rookie.
Speaker 4: Yeah so but Tierso, dude, like that guy can hit and I know you you watched him all the way back in Fort Wayne, and I know you liked him then, but contact rates wise, exit velocity wise, like that's a good that no one's really paying attention to.
Speaker 2: But I mean, he mashed last year.
Speaker 4: He's put together solid numbers consistently, and like, I do think this is a guy that could hit twenty to twenty five home runs if he makes the transition that you know you want to see and and and seems to be ready to go, especially with the combination of evs and field to hit. I think he hit twenty something this past year, and then he's playing right now in the Winter League and and just absolutely mashing out there too, I think in Mexico, so he just hasn't stopped hitting. I do think that's a guy that that the Padres actually do have faith, and it's not just because of you know, by default I love them major my drost shout, But you know, I was thinking about impact, and I'm like, so he's gonna he's gonna get them from fifty or forty wins to forty four. But I do think he's gonna be one of the better young hitters in the game if he if he gets an early opportunity.
Speaker 1: For wod guy forward guy.
Speaker 4: Like I wonder if it should count that way if you're that bad as a team. It's like, no, we just we we plugged in my draft for a guy that was negative too at four before that. So you know, I think people are talking about him, But Emmanuel Rodriguez I think deserves a shout because he only played thirty something games last year as he dealt with a thumb issue. But this is a guy that kind of similar to the de laughter conversation, I just think he's he's so close.
Speaker 2: To ready, if not ready, with the approach and the power, and he can really.
Speaker 4: Play a good center field that the Twins might just say, you know what, fuck it, dude, like, just come up here and let's see if you can stay healthy with you know, with our big league staffle. I don't know, but I got to see if you can stay healthy up here, and and you know, I do think that's a guy that can play above average defense, center walk at a ridiculously high clip, and he's got plus plus raw power. A lower end shout, but a guy that, like on a team that needs any bat that can kind of break through and has the pitching to make some noise is the Pirates and I think Nick York I'm standing on this one.
Speaker 2: I think York's gonna have a good year.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: He can play all over the diamond. He's I think every tool of his has been underrated. He's faster than he gets credit for. He has a better arm than he gets credit for. He can move all over the diamond more than he gets credit for. He gets the ball harder than he gets credit for. I think he's going to be a super utility type or just end up hitting his way into playing regularly in a certain spot.
Speaker 2: But he's going to be I think ten to fifteen home runs, a shitload of doubles, dcent obp, swipe some bags and and for the Pirates like they need those guys. Yeah.
Speaker 3: In same line of thinking, Andy Rodriguez is going to be such a welcome sight in that lineup. I'm excited to see Andy back in that lineup, and he's spelling bart instead of yes, money groundl. There is one more name. Tex has started their bullpen from scratch. I'm looking at their depth chart right now and you could argue that I think their six leverage arms at this point have all been acquired in the last two to three months, Chris Martin, Robert Garcia, Jacob Webb, Shawn Armstrong, Hoby Miller, Jesse Chavez. Chris Martin is probably the closer of that group, but enter Emiliano Toyoto and arm I know we've talked about that, Like, if they need a closer and they're willing to move Toyoto off of the starter thing, they should. He could be the closer for the Texas Rangers and they could be contending in that division with the guy that has yet to make his debut, and.
Speaker 2: I think they should like.
Speaker 4: And it's not because there's something specifically like wrong with him in terms of, oh, he definitely can't start. I do think the arsenal points towards the bullpen anyways, but you can always move him back to the rotation. I just think that's a guy that can help your team tomorrow, yeah, out of the bullpen and really make an impact. Then you can continue to develop him yea that way. Well, another very boring name, but I legitimately think he could if they allow him. We just talked about him on the call up, like could pitch to one hundred and ninety innings at like a three nine is Michael McGreevy, and I like it's a different kind of impact, But like we talked about how hard it is to pitch a lot of innings, McGreevey has been the innings zeter in the minor leagues. I love the adjustment stuff wise, where he added a cutter, He's getting more depth on the sinker, which allowed him to get a lot more ground balls, the four seemers playing better, He adjusted his slider to be more of a sweeper. I think those all played into him having the success that he had at the big league level and overall last year. And again it's not like, uh, like a star impact, but if you get a guy that's pitch into a three nine to or four to one and giving you one hundred eighty innings, especially with how banged up those older guys have been in that rotation, that's a pretty significant impact from a rookie.
Speaker 2: And I absolutely think McGreevey can be that.
Speaker 1: You guys really got in your bag for this one. For a lot of the deep cuts. I wrote down two names that I'm surprised that you guys didn't even mention, like Matt Shaw with the Chicago Cubs.
Speaker 2: Well, they said nobody talking about Oh.
Speaker 1: Nobody talked about that. I just didn't even read the question. So that's completely on me. So I wrote down Matt Shaw off the Chicago Comes, an entrepater of the Phillies, and I was like, are we not? Like, what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: That was my That was my fatal flaw in standardized tests. I think I could have been an Ivy leaguer if I just read the question. And I didn't do that.
Speaker 1: My bad. Giavadi p two on Instagram. But I just didn't even read the question. I wrote John, I was like, are they just gonna leave these guys for me? That bring we wanted?
Speaker 2: We wanted to make you look good on the prospect front.
Speaker 3: There have been a couple of mail bag questions where Peter has just been like, yeah, I misinterpreted this entirely, and.
Speaker 1: I've just been like, wait, I did National League like when it said clearly American League or some sort of prospects.
Speaker 3: My favorite one was is somebody wanted us to put together like an all underrated team or something, and you know that was just like all underrated team. I was assuming active players and you were like, yeah, you know, Stan musial like he should get a lot more credit. It's like, yeah, no, no doubt, dude, that did happen.
Speaker 1: I can't happen. Yeah, it's the best reader, just a ball doer words with either.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we've got one more question here, And this is a fun one super Bowl related. Our cat five on Instagram asks, because it's Super Bowl week, try and make a football team with active MLB guys. Bretas probably don't have to do. Lineman. Peter sent us the positional breakdown quarterback, running back, two wide outs, tight end, safety, corner, linebacker, edge, rusher, d tackle perfect. We can just run through him. I've got my team ready to go, Peter, you got yours.
Speaker 1: Let's go position by position and see who we all have. All right, So quarterback, I felt like a simp loser fan boy, But like, is Sho hal Tani not the greatest joy quarterback? I mean, the guy could throw one hundred miles an hour off the bout, He's fast as ship, and he's clearly smart. But I wanted to go a different route for my for my quarterback, besides taking the obvious choice, give me Breton Doyle combinational speed with arm talent he's pulling down one oh three from the outfield while being one of the tops in sprint speed, clearly one of the best defenders in baseball. He'd make for a great safety. But at quarterback, I want that arm and I want that speed. I want that dual threat ability.
Speaker 3: Jack who you got for QB skeins He throws a football before every start already, so I'm doing that, And I also want six six two thirty five. I feel like if he does need to tuck and run, it's gonna be really hard to bring him down. But I trust the arm talent big time. I would have gone Bubba, but Bubba's not a big leaguer right now.
Speaker 2: So I was gonna ask.
Speaker 4: So Tim Tawa was added to the forty man roster and is expected to be on the active roster.
Speaker 3: For the count Got Jones it's safety. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: We can't just get all of the guys who also played football in college or something like that, Like we need like jit MLB player.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be an MLB player this He's gonna be on the opening day roster. He will be on the opening day roster.
Speaker 1: So take Tim Tala.
Speaker 4: So Tim Tawa, he didn't play in college, but he's the all time passing leader for the state of Oregon eleven and fifty seven yards, one hundred and forty three touchdowns, which is crazy. His coach, Chris Miller, former NFL quarterback, called him the best coach or the best quarterback in Oregon history. He won the Gatorade Player of the Year three times.
Speaker 1: Why didn't play college football, I don't know.
Speaker 2: He was a He was a good baseball player at Stanford, a.
Speaker 3: Quarterback from Oregon. Eric Dungee CS stand up.
Speaker 1: Stand up.
Speaker 4: So Tala was like, my just because he's gonna be on the active roster, I thought.
Speaker 3: You should door key pick dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry, Tim, Tala great poul all right, should we go running back? Yeah? I went Bobby with junior.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's top spread speed major League baseball from last year. And he's got some size to him. He's not one of these you know, little guys who will just you know, you could swap him on the outfield for some extra defense or as a pinch runner or anything like that. No, this is Bobby Wood junior, fastest guy in baseball standing at six one, two hundred. We'll take that Bobby with Junior my running back.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I want my guy to survive between the tackles. M Dick's foot two twenty five, ninety eighth percentile and sprint speed. Wyatt Langford was a running back created in a lab.
Speaker 2: Give me in another position action.
Speaker 1: I haven't had another position running back. I mean, we gotta look at these football builds, and we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna he has a football build. I feel like that dude could take twenty to twenty five hits a game and be fine.
Speaker 1: Or who's your running back?
Speaker 2: So I went with Justin Twine former Marlin second.
Speaker 3: Now I'm great.
Speaker 2: Running back wise.
Speaker 4: I was trying to think if I want like a skinny, quick, shifty guy or or a bigger dude that can that can take hits. But I ended up settling on on Bobby wit Junior as well, because you have like a built dude who also is one of the fastest, if not the fastest, in Major League Baseball. I just think it's hard to go any other route than that. But another one that I was thinking, you could also put him in another position, but Jared Duran. Jared Duran is one of the fastest players in baseball. I don't have to sell you on the physicality there. So I just I like him just being able to run between the tackles. But also, you know, can can get around the edge on the outside, so to be different, I'll say Jared Duran.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was trying to find MLB's version of Maurice Jones true, and I couldn't really like al Tuove could slip through, yeah, but Altuve has to get one hundred to die. Yes, like Reseoch sure. I think it was like five eight two thirty all bustled speed. We just don't have.
Speaker 3: Kurt doesn't move like that. Alejandro Kirk does not move like that.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, a great center if we're talking lineman, that's who maybe you want to center wide receivers.
Speaker 2: I thought it was easy.
Speaker 1: I thought, so I want the cruises on both ends, Ellie on Ellie going deep, and I want Odeal cruise running a post so good, I hear you.
Speaker 3: I wanted to I wanted a guy that could go up and get it. So O'Neal Cruz was the guy that I had in there. But I thought, okay, do I go O'Neal and Ellie? I want a slot guy. Give me Corbyn Carroll in the slot.
Speaker 2: I was thinking him, he's not even the best slot receiver on his team.
Speaker 3: Corbyn Carroll Thomas would be the one.
Speaker 2: Alec Thomas would be the one.
Speaker 3: Alec Thomas would be the one was gonna play wide out at tcum Okay, I think.
Speaker 1: I'd rather have tell Martate my slot that Alec Thomas.
Speaker 3: No, I'd rather have Corbyn Carroll because he's just like I'm just thinking, like you do the little pop pass, you do the touch pass, like you send him in motion. He's beating everybody to the edge. He's off to the races.
Speaker 1: I like that arm. Who are your wide receivers?
Speaker 4: I want Ellie because like just straight running a straight line, and I'm gonna have Tim Tawa get that thing up in the air.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna kid.
Speaker 3: Playing running back. Sorry, who's the Marlins kid playing running back? Oh?
Speaker 4: Justin Twine, former second round pick, did not pan out as a baseball player.
Speaker 2: But but he was a great running back. But it doesn't count. Never made it to the show.
Speaker 4: The other wide receiver doesn't count because he has MLB time, but he's on the triple A roster.
Speaker 2: The obvious answer would be Jordan Adams.
Speaker 3: But get it, I get it that counts.
Speaker 2: He was ranked ahead of Jamar Chase. Yeah, like on on two four seven.
Speaker 4: He's a five star receiver, but you know he was up at the big leagues last year, back and forth guy.
Speaker 2: So I know that's a little bit of a cop out answer.
Speaker 3: Can we still do Monte Harrison?
Speaker 2: No, he's not active anymore, can't do him.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think if there was, because that's why I had was Jordan Adams. But I like that Peko Armstrong with the way he can run down I mean, he'd have to probably be slot, you know, and could get hit pretty hard there. But the way he runs down balls and how quick and shifty he is, I think that's another good answer. And it's not like he's five nine, like he's sneaky. I actually don't know what the exact height weight is, but he's definitely.
Speaker 1: Not a small I think you guys are overthinking the wide receiver position six one. Would you rather have two Calvin Johnson's or a Calvin Johnson and a Wes Welker. I'll take two Calvin Johnson's, like I'll have Ellie day La Cruz my Calvin Johnson with O'Neil Cruz, my Randy Moss and we'll just go get it. So I'll take more talent rather than oh but maybe he's shifty.
Speaker 2: Is cutting yea.
Speaker 3: I know, I was thinking send O'Neil Cruz on goes and then Corbyn Carroll can do all my fancy stuff in the middle.
Speaker 1: I think, hell he could do some fancy stuff in the middle while o'neel Cruz just send him out.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. Man.
Speaker 1: Tight end easy, so easy. I mean we should all around the board. We'll say it on three three two one. Aaron Judge Aaron Judge, Yeah, I mean he's the perfect tight end. You'd think Stanton, but he can't.
Speaker 2: Run Stanton young Stanton without a doubt.
Speaker 1: Definitely.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But currently Aaron Judge six seven to eighty. I think he can legit play some tight end in that peak, So totally fine right now. I think of all the players on this list, honestly, Langford, yeah, I think Legford could legit play. I think Judge could actually be a good tight end in the NFL. Yeah, all right, defense, Yeah, so safety and corner. We want long guys, want fast guys who can cover a lot of ground. Yeah, I want the gazelle at my safety position. I want Byron Buckston coming down the coming down the pipe and just laying people out and just his legs back there in center field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one play will be awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it will be It will be awesome. Give you a Byron bucks Out at my safety.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh, Buston is six two one ninety. Guy that I chose is six three to two thirty to play safety, and he's one of the fastest guys in baseball. Julio Rodriguez would be a heck of his safety.
Speaker 1: Oh crazy good safety. I was thinking him too.
Speaker 4: I got Langford at safety. I want im he's fast, but also I want him laying dudes out. So that's whur I was between linebacker and safety. I was like, I like him better at safety, so I went I went Wine, Like, why Langford at safety.
Speaker 1: Got you at cornerback? I went with the guy who I think I think has the quickest feet, Jacob Young Washington Nationals. He's got quick feet. Guys speaking around like a road runner out there. You tell me you couldn't lock down Justin Jefferson in a pinch on one play, I think he's locking him down. Give me Jacob Young.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, where'd you go with a cornerer?
Speaker 2: That's where I ultimately settled with Pete car Armstrong.
Speaker 4: The way that he tracks baseball's and you talk about the feet and and and everything, like, I think he would be the ball hawk like that, could just make a play on the ball every single time, beat beat the receiver sometimes of the ball is quickness U the shiftiness in general.
Speaker 2: Pc A I think would be a lockdown corner.
Speaker 1: Would he get beat over the top, though I'm worried about his size. Jacob Young sneaky six to one taller than.
Speaker 3: I. Actually, I didn't have a pick for corner because I had no idea how to judge it. So I will side with pc A. I love that because he just goes after balls with reckless abandon like I figure nothing is going to get in his way. Pursuing a ball in the air. Might be a lot of PI, but it's okay. I'm fine with it.
Speaker 1: I swore Pa was five nine, That's what I put in my head.
Speaker 3: One never mind moves like yeah, quick linebacker like Trout still looks like a linebacker. I know he's not going to survive. But like Mike Trout's my linebacker.
Speaker 1: Why Langford was my linebacker? I mean we all just put like for the different positions or move's your linebacker.
Speaker 2: I like my linebackers fast.
Speaker 4: He might be a little under sized, but Tyron Blanca would be the fastest linebacker like ever.
Speaker 3: Does he have the frame to hold up? No?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: So I'm actually gonna flip flop edge rusher and linebacker here linebacker, I'm going Stone Garrett.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, one yes, run stopping linebacker. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Just warn dudes over. I love the Stone Garrett linebacker position right there.
Speaker 3: This is where I go with This is where I go with Astro's fifteenth round pick from a year ago, Bryce Betcher, who is delaying a report to spring training to play another year of linebacker at Oregon. He was the second highest graded linebacker in America by Pro Football Focus, and he was the fifteenth round pick of the Astros.
Speaker 1: Making a good decision to stay back and play football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: Uh for my edge rusher. This is where I went with Trout because I was like Trout's Trut's a little bit bigger than he used to be. I think he went for b linebacker to edge rusher. I mean he's six to two. I think he's like two thirty five. He's still got the though, But yeah, looking at my roster, like we gotta stay healthy. I mean I got boxed up, I got trot out there, like you know, we're we're super talented, but we gotta stay healthy on the field.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking about the menace of jor Don Alvarez coming off the edge. I want him as my edge guy.
Speaker 1: Wow, fast enough, But I thought about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know he's not fast enough, and I'm like, you are so intimidating physically, where am I gonna put you? And the answer was edge.
Speaker 1: Jj Watt was not that fast and he was racking up sacks like nobody's business. But again he's an interior defensive lineman.
Speaker 2: Yeah I got I got Will Benson coming off the edge. Yeah sure, Will Benson.
Speaker 4: Dude, like he's six five, two thirty and was he eighty seven percentile on sprint speed. He actually might be able to play NFL edge rusher if he had the time to to, you know, build up there. But yeah, I just freak athlete and like also, fiery guy plays plays angry, which I love out of an edge rusher, So I'll go Benson.
Speaker 1: For defensive tackle. I just imagine myself as the center and before I snap the ball, looking up to who's gonna be the noseguard? And I thought the scariest eyes to look into when you combine with the sheer mass of the player, Felix Bautista. I do not want to run into that brick wall of a man fix eight to eighty. No, thank you, So Felix Batista will be my defensive tackle.
Speaker 3: I love that shout. I'm just thinking I want somebody nicknamed the big Bear in the middle of my defensive line. Oh Zuna, yeah wow, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's another good one.
Speaker 4: I had Alec Manoa up the middle a little bit worried about the motor, hoping, hoping he can stay you know, locked in, but uh yeah, what's the measurables is two eighty five.
Speaker 2: He's five.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna rush the passer, but he's gonna be a good run blocker. Yeah, he's gonna stay back and he's gonna clog some lanes for sure.
Speaker 2: You might need to take some third downs off or for.
Speaker 1: Five. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other one is is uh Joel Konel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joel six.
Speaker 2: Really plug up the whole up the middle.
Speaker 3: WHOA, all right, so that's the squat.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So let's go over my team. So at quarterback, I got sho Hey running back, I got Bobby Wood Jr. My wideouts are Ellie and O'Neil Cruz, tight end Aaron Judge, safety Byron Buckston, corner Jacob Young. But since Brenton Doyle, Brenton Doyle, even though Shoho Tony can pitch and hit, I'm gonna have Brett Doyle plagued both ways. He's gonna be my backup quarterback and my backup corner. And then at linebacker, White Langford, ed rusher Mike Trout, d tackle Felix Bottista.
Speaker 3: I'm beating you guys, Okay, I've got schemes. At quarterback, Langford is my running back, O'Neil Cruz and Corby and Carroll as my wide outs. Judge is my tight end. Julio Rodriguez is the best safety in Major League Baseball. I've got Pca as my corner, Trout as my linebacker, you were not as my slow edge. And then Marcelo Zune is my defensive tackle.
Speaker 4: Right, I got Tim tawa Q best quarterback in organ history, Jared Durant at running back, Elie de Lacruz at receiver, Jordan Adams at receiver, better than Jamar Chase tight end?
Speaker 2: Is Aaron Judge safety? Why at Langford corner?
Speaker 4: PCA linebacker Stone Garrett ed rusher will events and detackle Alec Manoa and punter Curtis Mead because Australians seemed to just be great punters.
Speaker 3: ADLEI Ritchman is my kicker? He was on.
Speaker 1: Didn't even think about kicker. That's a great one. Yep.
Speaker 3: I have a last word real quick for you. How far have we strayed from the good old days when it comes to the NBA All Star Celebrity game?
Speaker 1: Like I saw that list. That is an abomination.
Speaker 3: It's horrible, man, Like I'm not I'm not intrigued by this. Whatsoever? We used to have like people that worked in was. We used to have Justin Bieber bawling at Justin Bieber was now Kay Sinnott again, Like, I see way too much of that guy? What do you do? Like I understand that we are kind of influencers at our core, but like what is he? He just kind of sits there and hangs out like is that?
Speaker 1: But to be fair to Kay Sat hilarious and he makes so so much money in his streams get so many viewers. I just thought about Kay Sinat. It's about the twenty names that they gave us, and I know three of them.
Speaker 3: Who is he? Dylan with an H?
Speaker 4: I also can't fucking escape Shaboozi. I have nothing against the guy, but that's why I replied you. I'm like, he's gotta be running out of gas. This is had to be the most exhausting year of his life. He's everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, other guy that's every week?
Speaker 2: Hate the song now too, Drewski.
Speaker 3: Drewski's everywhere and Drewski's funny, but like.
Speaker 2: Him wearing the Mixroka Jersey is I need? I want to know the context of that.
Speaker 1: But at least again, those guys we know of, Yeah, those because there are still so many names that I didn't.
Speaker 4: What if we're just old old heads now like I got called unk for the first time a few weeks ago, or and maybe like those are people we just should know and would know if we were Youngunk.
Speaker 2: That one actually poked it up.
Speaker 1: For like a few weeks.
Speaker 4: Someone respond it was on my personal instagram too. It was one of the listeners of the show on my personal instagram.
Speaker 3: A way, that's so sad. How long did you shut down for emotionally?
Speaker 2: I'm still.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going on. I'm going on about twenty six years of that. So yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think that'll do it for this episode of The Just Baseball Show. And again, the best way to support. If you enjoyed the mail bag, rate review on Spotify, Apple podcast five stars, or like comments, subscribe on YouTube, and if you have a couple of dollars to spare, go get yourself some Just Baseball merch. I'm rocking the hat, I'm rocking the long sleeve tea. Jack is rocking the hat, Arms rocking the shirt. Go check them all out on our merch store. We also have these awesome hoodies again World series logos inspired their great go check them out in our merch store. And just for anybody else listening, if you want to make the Super Bowl a fun, enjoyable experience, betting wise again using code just Baseball on BETMGM. Cant see that first bet offer, so if you do lose your first wager, you'll get it all back in bonus bets anything else before we say itobye.
Speaker 4: No, just excited I was early now I'll just say it again. Excited for social media today, that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'll be fine, all right, for jacket ball and arm lad And I'm Peter Rapple with that.
Speaker 3: Thank you,