Speaker 1: Joe Piece of Pia leaving leading off. The audiences are disappointed. Joe Piece of Pia, star of fantasy Pros and betting pros, leaves the show. Can the show survive? We'll never wait a minute, ladies and gentlemen. We're hearing signs of a Is that a hey yo in the background?
Speaker 2: Do we hear? Hey yo?
Speaker 1: Hey yo?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Everybody?
Speaker 2: Look at us? Back to the end of the season. Hello, my friends, how were.
Speaker 1: You look at all this baldness? Yes, that is Joe Pieza Pia.
Speaker 3: He is back.
Speaker 1: We are back here and leading off for the season finale. I am the Welsh. We got Piece of Pia, we got Bubba, and we got you guys, the Peanuts of Cracker Jackson the Chat. Thank you guys for hanging out with us all season long, and thank you to Prize Picks. Price Picks has sponsored the show all season long. And guess what, We're gonna price pick one more time. And also guess what. I cast that price pick on Wednesday, So suck it, boom, we get it. And that's a beautiful things. We're going to try to go out on top again. And I thank you your Price picked. You guys can get the promo code leading off match your deposit, get free money, make money, have so much fun. Look at all this baldness. I wafted the hair bigger than I've done all season. The heads are shining. We've lost our lighting because your guys' heads are so shining. It's a crazy finale. Joe, You've been gone with us. But it's good to see you.
Speaker 4: How are you, buddy, It's good to see you, my friends. I haven't seen a lot of baseball in the last two months, but I see that the Baltimore Orioles a what one hundred games. I see that twenty five players in Major League Baseball have twenty five or more stolen bases this year. I think this was the rebirth of major League Baseball this season. And I think it's the rules changes. But I also think it's this show. I think those are the two things that have really changed major League Baseball for the better for the next decade.
Speaker 2: We're going to take it through the next decade. And it's been a really fun season.
Speaker 4: A lot of good stories, a lot of drama, you know, a lot of show Heo Tani, a lot of ronald A Kunya.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day.
Speaker 4: You know, I think what's so fun about it is, you know you're looking at the standings and teams that you thought were gonna be good, like the Mets were not the Yankees or five hundred and some of these teams like your Arizona Diamondbacks, Welsh h scratching the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Very exciting stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, baseball has been great, and it's been great hanging out with everybody here. This show has been awesome, and we we appreciate that everybody has because and I agree with you, baseball has been Like the Mets particularly, they could still ruin baseball if we have to play this Monday game because of a game getting rained out in the ninth inning. They can ruin a season, which is fantastic. We've had the uptick in fantasy and overall categories and statistics kind of go through the roof. We're also seeing the decline of the starting pitcher even more. I was looking at this earlier in the month, Babba, there were I might have gone over, so you know, someone can correct me. But less than a week ago there were only three pitchers over two hundred innings pitched this year. Two hundred is no longer the marker for SPS. It's around one seventy five for like a really sure which will be interesting to break down in the off season because those guys where we're like, well, the guys can only get like one hundred and thirty innings. Okay, that's just a little below average, that's not dramatically below average. So we've definitely seen we've seen a new version of baseball that we now have background for and we will take into all of our prep for twenty twenty four. Bubs.
Speaker 3: Yep, no, not about it. It changes everything.
Speaker 5: It it's almost quality over quantity these days because quantity ain't there anymore. So so it's definitely a new philosophy with baseball. And yeah, the twenty twenty four discussion with the new rules changes, the storm bases, the maybe bouncy ball at times, who knows.
Speaker 3: All those kind of things are going to make things fun to get ready for twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 4: Thirty five guys, by the way, ten years ago through two hundred or more innings this year four.
Speaker 3: And the most innings pitched it in the Bay Area, by the way, Just throw that in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Logan web, the workhorse. There we go.
Speaker 1: You know, it's fun.
Speaker 4: There are a bunch of guys in the one nineties though, so maybe I mean, I see Logan, Gilbert Wheeler, Nola Burn, all these.
Speaker 1: Guys are like done though, So I mean that's my point, Like one ninety is still good, but one ninety is like the new to twenty, you know what I'm saying, And like to twenty is the new two seventy, Like, oh my godic guy went to seventy, that's crazy area to twenty Like that's that's the changes. And we'll be doing that all all off season long. And you know, the great stuff is going to be when the Fantasy Black Book comes out in probably only a couple months, when the new season starts back up, we will do all new.
Speaker 2: We added we added a person to the Black Book staff this year.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I told you, guys, yes, uh she you might know her from being the back to back Week two and Week three number one rancor. Overall, it's the wonky penguin is going to be working with us this year.
Speaker 2: So now the Black.
Speaker 3: Book will be really good.
Speaker 2: Gotta be a penguin working for us.
Speaker 1: So that's about that. In just a tiny well, Bubba and I are going to be doing We are going to talk about some streamers. Just want to let you guys know, we're gonna give you like a little bit. There's few days left. We're gonna talk about few streamers. We've got some bets, we got some price picks, we got some of that fun stuff. But I've also put together the Fantasy Awards. There's real awards that are out there and fantasy awards Bubba and I have put together are fantasy awards. Joe, just really quick on the actual awards side. You and I have spent so much time for I've been lucky enough to be doing this with you almost fullish time from this show perspective for like two years, and everybody joked around with us how much we just last year it was like Otani otanio Tani judge, and then this year it was like Otani Otani and the injury. But we've always talked about the betting market and the award market. This is the first year that I can recall, not just doing the show with you in fifteen, that every single award is over. There is nobody Yeah, at every single I'm gonna run through the Bubba and I both filled this out. I actually didn't fill out half of it, and he was nice enough to fill out the other half left to fill out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that goodness.
Speaker 4: Bubba's here to do some work, because God, that's why I had to leave in August, because well, have you.
Speaker 1: Guys seen the bags. I was up till three in the morning doing stuff and getting preglayers.
Speaker 3: Dick.
Speaker 1: I know it's ridiculous, but this is like the first year from an award perspective, We're not guessing on anything. And I'm also going to cash because of my NL Rookie of the Year award, So an award I might have picked.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll do you one better.
Speaker 4: I had Corbyn Carroll and Gunner Henderson in a special that fan duel was running before the season started, put that bad Boy together, And let me tell you, I was. I was pretty miserable in June about that. Like I remember, we were, like I said, I said, well, I earned that money on that.
Speaker 2: I thought that was a lock. You know what, patience, my friends, sometimes you got.
Speaker 4: Baseball is a tough wagering world because there's a combination you have to have of extraordinary patience, and an extraordinary aggress at the same time in certain circumstances. So it's it's always as weird, like walking the line of those two things in baseball betting, which is why I really like baseball betting. I think next year, yeah, that's gonna be really one thing, you know, on top of the fancy stuff. But you know, if it wasn't for show hase season, my big money, you know, Welsh, it was Julio for me, and Julio ended up with a thirty thirty season at the end of the day, putting that team on his back.
Speaker 2: So I feel like a little you know, rewarded for that. But I'm gonna lose money on that.
Speaker 1: I but you're gonna still take home some money and those awards. By the way, al MVP Otani and l MVP Akunya slammed Doun. I mean, maybe there's an al MVP debate with the Otani injury and stuff, but it's still not going to happen.
Speaker 4: Because he was so valuable to the Angels who did so well thissue.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, what a surprise.
Speaker 2: You know, I didn't get to be here for I was not here for the trade deadline. That's what Bubba came in. That's when they made the deal for Bubba, which was a good deal in retrospect.
Speaker 4: But I gotta tell you, Welsh, if only somebody saw that disaster, that dumpster fire coming a million miles.
Speaker 1: Oh can you? But can you imagine though, if the Mets would have for him and then he blew out his arm and he had to leave. Yeah, that's the most about to happen. That would have been amazing.
Speaker 2: It's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Al Cy Young Cole and l syum Is Snell Rookie of the Year. I mean, if there's been one award that's been locked up for four months, it's an l Rookie of the Year with Corbyn, Carrol of course, thank you and Gunner Henderson. But I'm telling you I don't recall a time every single one. It's not a debate. We're done. We don't have to be like I wonder who No, you know what you're cashing. I know I'm just waiting. I really would like to contact DK. Just just give me my money, like, we don't have.
Speaker 2: To blave here was going to win this?
Speaker 1: Can I just say that, let's guarantee home.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I don't like that get the number, and Spencer Striyder is nineteen and five and two hundred and seventy four strikeouts.
Speaker 1: Like a EA East Coast.
Speaker 2: One. Yes, because I love the Braves so much, because it's a MED fan. There's nothing more than to give the Braves Mora awards.
Speaker 1: That's what I want to do. Well, but I mean Strider is the fantasy option. Snell will be the real life with the e RA and what he's done this year and those awards, they just get kind of locked up.
Speaker 2: Get away for the acceptance speech.
Speaker 1: Well, oh man, I just I just want to thank yeah, ladies and gentlemen. I just want to think me because I'm great. I'm gonna go make lots of money. I don't need no hitters. Get hydrated.
Speaker 2: Frederick in the chat, don't trigger me. He's a Mets fan and a Jets fan, Poor Frederick. Frederick. I mean, at this point, you got it's okay.
Speaker 4: I want to hug you, just like in Goodwill Hunting, like Robin Williams dand to Matt Damon and just tell you it's not your fault and it's okay.
Speaker 2: You could just leave these teams. You go somewhere else It's fine.
Speaker 1: You're allowed as you don't do what Ron Williams did in the world. According to Garb, anybody a deep.
Speaker 2: Cut a deep cut reference. But I didn't need looks like now I want to see what he did.
Speaker 1: But oh yeah, well I go to him. So listen, Joe is just popped by. Wanted to say, hid everybody. He was here the whole season. Betting Pros has been his home. He's taking care of Betting Pros. Make sure you guys check it out and support Betting Pros even though I know, you know it's a constant battling debate and tug and pull between you know, real life baseball and fantasy versus gambling and how that's popping up. But guess what, Betting Pros has been more successful because of Joe. Fantasy pro has been more successful because of Joe. And next year, hopefully with Joe and myself, we can continue to push this podcast to be bigger, can do some more Betting pro stuff. And I just wanted to so. We just wanted to see your face. You have a lot, I told you so somewhere to something we needed something.
Speaker 4: I wanted to see your faces because first of all, this is our labor of love.
Speaker 3: This show.
Speaker 4: They told us we couldn't do it, They told us it couldn't be done. And you know what, we did it. And I say we because it's that royal wee, because it's all the people that watched and listened all year. And it took us from seven, you know, from nothing like the three goes three thousand YouTube subscribers to seven and now it doubled again this year. We're fourteen thousand on the YouTube channel that listens work incredibly steady all year. I want to shout out to Bubba for filling in for me in August and you know, Dijoe a lot, excuse me August in September, because you know, it's just football is still king. But to prove that people still love baseball enough that we should have a show that runs all year long, and other places don't do that, and some places cut baseball together. And I think this was a rebirth of baseball. It is a very exciting game. The rules changes really brought things back. There's some exciting stars in it, of course, Wonky Penguin and Mayor and all the people who help us, you know, behind the scenes, including Chris who makes all the boards and does all the work for us. I want to thank the AI machine also for all the terrifying things that it showed us this year.
Speaker 1: And Welsh for you.
Speaker 2: I did not forget you all there.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: Gil horrendous and.
Speaker 1: Creasy, scary. Shout out to Mayor too.
Speaker 2: There is there, he is, There's Mayor right now. That's why he wasn't at work on Thursday.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say this, It's very lucky to get to go to work with your friends. I get to go to work with my friend the well. She was also just exquisite at what he does in the baseball world. So there's nobody better. And I'm very lucky to have him here, and again, very lucky to have this audience. And we appreciate you all. This has been a huge victory of a season for us. We're gonna victory LAP all off season and then we're gonna come back. I know Welsh's got some big plans in the off season to bring you baseball. I know next year we're gonna have a lot of big plans to bring you baseball. And it's just gonna get bigger from here. And it's because of all of you. So just thank you to all the peanuts and the cracker Jacks because you're the best. You are absolutely the best, and uh, it's been a fun ride. I can't wait for next year. It's gonna be a good time.
Speaker 1: That's right. And hopefully I get to see a bunch of you guys coming out to Arizona. Arizona Fall League starts up next week. Make sure that you're locked into that, and first pitch Arizona month, we'll see not the middle beautiful bald head, but i'll see that other beautiful baldhead in person doing first pitch with all the rest of the industry. So make sure to say hi. All right, Joe Pisapia, thank you my friend. I'm actually gonna see you in like like an hour, so I'll be seeing you back here. Joe's gotta go, Joe. We love you, I think Joe literally fro oh, there you go, Joe.
Speaker 2: Free the power of stillness.
Speaker 1: Remember remember AI said Ai.
Speaker 2: And then it froze me out there?
Speaker 3: You go?
Speaker 1: All right, I have a great show, everybody. We love you, Joe. Piece of Pia bids farewell to leading off once again. He's gone. Ladies and gentlemen, we bid him Adu, but maybe he'll come back at some point in the future. It's just us, Bubba. It is Bubba and Welsh. Let's talk about some Fantasy awards. Bubbs you were I mean, I mentioned this, but I didn't like update you until this morning. I was like, hey, by the way, let's fill these out here. I put together some categories for the Fantasy Awards this year. It boards, you know, designations, whatever you want to do, and you and I filled these out. First question before we get into it, did I ruin, like, did you have one of those where you saw the question, You're like, oh, this is the answer, and then you saw like mine.
Speaker 3: And almost all of them, almost all of them.
Speaker 5: So that's why towards the and I said screw it, and I started just writing down the same name.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm not even gonna try.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 3: Why Yeah? I'm like, this isn't worth it anymore.
Speaker 5: So to the listeners, Welsh's answer is probably both of our answers, but I tried to give you another option type yeah.
Speaker 1: In the chat if you would like, as I give it, throw it out, throw out your version of that, and I know you all will be very selfish and pick the guy that helped you on your own team. But that's okay. Each category feel free to throw in and if we get them quick, I might try to answer them. The first category was best value hitter of the year. And actually think this might be the most debatable one that I put because I put no shocker, Corbyn Carroll. Why'd I put Corbyn Carroll for best value? I don't care that he did bump up to the fifth round. He's a top three overall talent. You got in the fifth, sixth, seventh round, a player that was one of the single best fantasy players in baseball. There's a bunch of great value guys. Bubba's pick is good, Wonky just put Cody Bellinger. That's a pretty good pick, But I mean, Corbyn Carroll blew them by. Yes, he probably cost double what Cody Bellinger was, but at the same time he ended up being you know, like I said, two three overall, that's an almost thirty to fifty season. It's absurd. So my choice for best value hitter of the season was Corbyn Carroll.
Speaker 5: What say you, Bubbs, Yeah, I like the Bellinger call, like the Walker call. I almost went with Walker in the chat there.
Speaker 1: But Walker, you guys are talking about right, Yeah, yeah, I was thinking about him too.
Speaker 5: I went Christian Yelich, though post one hundred ADP at two seventy seven, nineteen homers, twenty seven steals might still go twenty twenty. That's with missing a few weeks this past month just to kind of rest up for the postseason, scored over one hundred runs. He's looking a lot closer to the Yelloich of old. So I went Christian Yelich a little bit of a value on draft day and returned some some very good numbers.
Speaker 1: All right, the best value picture of the year, Harperson. But Harper, come on, get out of here, best value pitcher of the year. I probably put him in the trade video no less than three times this year while I was doing that. If you guys remember, it's gotta be Blake Snell. It's Blake's because guess what, even beyond Corbyn Carroll, Blake Snell wasn't a top one hundred pick. He was outside. I was actually looking at ADPs on it was on fan tracks and the ADP's every where across the board. He was outside of the top. So and I knew people were gonna do this. Someone puts like, hey, scooble late season, it doesn't hold weight to you. Got to think about the whole magnitude. A post one hundred pick. I don't care if another guy is post to post one hundred pick is going to win the cy Young with a low two ERA all the strikeouts. It's easily Blake Snell in this category.
Speaker 3: He pulled a Robbie Ray, so he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good. That's actually a good comp there. So that's my best value pitcher. Let's say you yeah, it was Blake Snell. But to give it an honorable mention, I mentioned Logan Web. The dude a three two five ERA two ninety five x FIP and a two hundred and sixteen eight is pitched almost two hundred k's and he was drafted like one thirtieth or so, So I think there's definite quality return there. You know, Jason brings up this is kind of a close to Efflyn does belong in the conversation If if we started to like tear out, I think he would have been there. I think he's in the conversation. But again I am being more hyper focused on like the total, the total toll of what was, but yeah, there was a bunch of good values Pabo Lopez. Again, if we had other categories, but I think the single one is, you know, having the best fantasy or close to fantasy pitcher, having a top three fantasy pitcher that you got outside the top one hundred, definitely pretty good. All right. Most disappointing hitter, Bubba, I'll let you start, because this is actually a pretty good one you picked. But I was kind of down on him preseason, but he belongs in this conversation. Most disappointing hitter this.
Speaker 5: Year Tim Anderson. Yeah, I wasn't all in on him at the same time. No one about two forty six average with one total home run and thirteen stolen bases, like literally gutted teams. And the problem with Tim Anderson he's one of those players that you look at the previous seasons and it was so hard to either bench him or cut him for so long, So you had to take that suck on your team for so long before you finally just called it good.
Speaker 1: It's tough to take the So I don't disagree with what you're saying there. My most disappointing hitter was actually I didn't mean to cheat. It's kind of a two piece. I picked Bobaschett and Boba Sheet didn't have like the worst season. So that's why I picked the second one because I know someone will be like well as a matter of fact, but it's just like twenty Homer's five stolen bases. He did hit three hundred, so maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but sixty five runs, seventy one RBI as a guy that people were putting in at like five overall, you know, six overall, like Bobachet was drafted so high. See like Robert says, Trey Turner, Trey Turner has turned this around and get it, thirty stolen bases. He just got to He was disappointing for a large margin of the season, and I think he probably could have been that guy. But I just think Bobaschet's overall numbers, he's not stealing at all anymore. The power isn't good. The run in RBIs are super mediocre. This is a super mediocre year. The other one that made a lot of sense to me was very personal. Jose Braw jose A Brea was like a massive disappointment. I was like, oh, don't draft medalson because you can draft jose Ah Bray you that's a stupid ass call. So I put Jose Brew and Bobaschhett both in that territory. Most disappointing pitcher actually left left you with a great option. But I'm going with Christian Javier because I don't know if I use this, but a lot of people did. This is this year's Spencer Streider. No, it wasn't. The two pitch pitcher failed. We saw Vlo dips, strikeout, dips across the board. Slider wasn't good. Christian Javier was a massive, massive disappointment. The only reason I didn't put your guy, Bubba is because he was literally on my bold predictions of failing and yours makes a lot of sense though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Hobvier one's great though, because everyone was pumping him up my hand, so like that that that was the one, and I'm with you. I was not on my guy that I picked, but I pick Alkman of pretty simple, like the dude, I don't we don't have to go into it even like the guy can't even it's just a disaster. So yeah, I was off of him for the season. So we got one right. Well, high five to you. Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was it was.
Speaker 1: Dreadful and we got one right with the chat because like before I could get it out fen we was like Manoa, Javier Frederick Manoa, disappointing, Wonky Manoa, And so everybody agreed, like we are like in complete agreement that these are the most disappointing that's.
Speaker 3: In the Crackerjacks. Smart people, but there's.
Speaker 1: Not the only ones, you know, like vtfout, said Robbie Ray. Yeah, but Robbie, we got hurt. Like we're not going to hold that against like these other two. Same thing with res Musen and Springs, Like we're not going to being those guys because they got hurt. The performances were really crap. Jason's Aaron Nola is an interesting one, but he doesn't really belong to this, but it definitely wasn't worth the.
Speaker 3: He's frustrated on not disappointing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, surprise hitter of the Year. So this is one that came out. This is one where the production of that person still shocks you to this moment and you're still like wait what. And I actually did this category just because I wanted to bring up this guy, Esock Parades, I think is the surprise freaking hitter of the year. The guy WRC plus high all year long lowered that K percentage. He hit two fifty with thirty one homers. He still has a chance to get over one hundred RBI. That would be two borderline elite categories of thirty plus homers and one hundred plus RBIs while hitting a very respectable two fifty, not striking out a bunch that works in points leagues. He doesn't have a ton of runs. But Esock Parades to me, was the biggest surprise. And these are great names. I want to tell you one thing before Bubba talks. This is the only guy didn't get into this show, and I do think he belongs Lane Thomas. He might be that guy. The only reason I didn't put him in the surprise And this is not to be like, but I kind of liked Lane Thomas. Like Lane Thomas was leading off the year before with the Nationals. He definitely went above and beyond his stats. But Esak Parades, I don't think anybody saw happening, and that's why he was my surprise. Lane Thomas is a great one. We should talk about him. He deserves the we're not talking about him. He should be talked about awards. So that's your new award, Lane Thomas. But like that, that's where Esak kind of was a separator from me. What about you most Surprising Hitter of the Year.
Speaker 5: Well, these two guys I have plenty of shares of this season, so I'm very happy that they both made the list. I did see j Abrams. I know you have him later on in another category, but I expected him to be much better playing every day in Washington. I did not expect forty four stolen bases and nearly twenty home runs. We saw him take a gigantic leap at the plate, so big big cj Abrams fan.
Speaker 1: Okay, surprise picture for the year, This one isn't going to be I don't think as sexy, very curious what you guys are going to say where your surprise pictures are the year? What I hope as I type this in mine is someone I had written off and the surprise picture of the year. And there's probably going to be better ones here because I struggled a little bit with this. Was Freddy Peralta. Freddy Peralta really refound himself. I guess he had a three to five VRAI last year. Ere's a little bit worse this year, but the k's just popped right back through the roof. He had almost as many wins this year as twenty twenty two and twenty one combined. He lowered his walk percentage. He just looked like a completely different pitcher. Second lowest x FIP of his entire career. He was just striking out at elite levels. That surprised the hell out of me. So I'd put him in this list probably, Yeah, this is probably a better answer to Justin Steele. I guess I just kind of like didn't want to throw him in here. But you're right, you're you're absolutely right that Justin Steel might have been the most surprising to his level. Then we might get the points for that.
Speaker 5: But what say you, Bubba, I was all in on Steel, So it's hard for me to put him as a surprise on this one.
Speaker 3: But for me, it's coda singup.
Speaker 5: And I guess it was more because I had to see it first coming overseas. But you know, two hundred and two strikeouts, two nine and one hundred and sixty six innings got better and better and better as the season went on.
Speaker 3: The walk rate improved.
Speaker 5: Matt this dramatically, so Cotisinger could take that next step to be back end you know, sp one in Fantasy next year. So he really surprised me this year he took. I thought I'd take another year for him to get acclimated to.
Speaker 1: The big Yeah, Wonky. The only reason I didn't put him in was because he was in Corbyn. Carrol God, I'm gonna miss Ribbing, Welsh, I know you will Wonkey. Some other good ones bradish and steel, Sunny Gray, those are some definite good ones. Da Da Da Da da. League Winning Hitter of the Year. This is a weird category. This is where I put cj Abrams with an almost twenty forty season, picked up probably off the wire because of how bad it was and how much he just smushed all that production in on the back end. This is an open season one and I got another category for like what you guys are bringing up, I'm saying no I knew Nolan Jones would come up. I'm gonna go c. J Abrams as a league winning hitter for the year because he was probably also picked up off the wire and those are elite stolen bases.
Speaker 5: Let's say you bubbs and mine's boring. But it goes back to my work with the Black Book. Every year I cover catchers and Jonahim was a guy I was tremendously high on and you got him for free in drafts. And to get a catcher that drives in nearly one hundred runs and hits eighteen home runs, it's two sixty. That's elite production from the catcher that late in the draft.
Speaker 1: All right, this is where this will pop up here. League a league winning picture of the Year, and I went with Justin Steele. You guys are talking about Justin Steele. You guys didn't know the categories that I had Justin Steele league winning pitcher of the Year because he was so fricking late. So that's why I didn't put him as like the surprise pitcher, because I had him as your league winner. You have Justin Steele. You're doing mighty mighty fine. Who is your league winning pitcher of the year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I went Blake Snell here because you took him earlier. And if you had Blake Snell, he won you a league way.
Speaker 1: Choke of the Fantasy Playoffs. This is I just wanted to have like a choke artist one.
Speaker 3: It's good you have the winning one, okay.
Speaker 1: And I went with Hunter Brown. Hunter Brown like we were like, oh my god, Hunter Brown. It looks like he's a lead. He who wants to be Justin Burlander. Horrible, absolute choke job. I think like an eight plus ERA over the last thirty days, he has been unstartable and hurt a lot of people. He is the choke job of the Fantasy Playoffs. What say you?
Speaker 5: I did George Kirby because people kept rolling them out here in Trusted and we had over five ERA in the month of September, strikeout rate less than eight per nine. He was definitely not nearly as dominant as.
Speaker 3: You'd hope for.
Speaker 1: Okay. The last really two categories I have are built around the people that dipped out, like Joe Piezapia. What is Joe no here? The last two months pushed their rank up so high that people might not be aware of. And this category is swept by Nolan Jones. Nolan Jones is your He's been so good the last two months of the year. He's improved his value. But these people might be sleeping on him almost put up a twenty twenty season. He's going to continue hitting in cores. There's a lot to be excited about. We had to give a award to Nolan Jones and he gets the back end of the year best hitter.
Speaker 3: YEP, completely agree. He's been amazing, amazing.
Speaker 1: And then the final one is the last two months pushed up picture. This one is this is easy. Yeah, can we just all do it together? One?
Speaker 5: Two, three, Coles is gonna as Nick Pollock would.
Speaker 1: Say, yeah, Now, Scooble definitely belongs in there. We're getting a lot of Scoobel in here. He has been awesome. But Cole Reagan's it has been the last two months of the season biggest overall any player push. I don't even think that's a question. Oh I forgot. There's one more category. This category is the best single take by a fantasy analyst and oh that's so crazy you I don't think so. I think you might have filled this in yourself. And the award goes to do you can you do a drummroll the Welsh with Corbyn Carroll, the Corbyn Carroll call smartest person in the world. Thank you everybody, best single take by an analyst goes to me for Corbin Carrol. Everyone else is like, oh, going on like Corbyn Carrol. I yelled at projections, I yelled at every thing. Bubba, thank you for nominating me for this award and clearly helping me and me not filling it out for you ahead of time.
Speaker 5: Glad I could help you know you let me do the show with you for two months. At least I could do is give you your props for their due.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, thank you very much, thank you very much. All Right, there you go, ladies and gentlemen. Those are our awards for the year. Yes, Corregan seventh inning production is killed, but he's been good. Those are the fantasy Awards. Love getting your guys take in there. You guys had a bunch of really really good ones. It's fun to always kind of look back on the season. We're gonna burn through the rest of the show towards the end here sp streaming, Bubba, is there any streamers for these last couple of days that you want to take a look out of. People are desperate. There's just so much that's we don't know. These guys might get pushed off a starts, which I really hate. Friday's kind of already in the books. I think your focus needs to be on Saturday. If you're doing it, i'd throw out Jordan Wicks at Milwaukee is someone I might take a peek at. Cabrera has got Pittsburgh if he's out there. Kington against Philly, that's a tougher matchup. Joe Boyle for strikeouts. Any sps you like. These are all Saturday ones I'm mentioning, But any any of.
Speaker 5: These you like, it's real tricky, like the ones I would look at. That's they have Driguez for Saturday and Sunday for Detroit. That says everything. Because I think Resulson is going to pitch one of those two. That would be what I would look at. That would definitely be one other than that. I'm with you. It's so up in the air. You don't know how many innings you're gonna get. I like the Boil call though. That could be a fun one for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Boil could be a strikeout desperation play. The best Guy, which I hate, is schedule for Sunday, and that's Michael King. Michael King is the best, But just there's weirdness that happens.
Speaker 5: You know, they want to, they want to, they want to get as any though they want to.
Speaker 3: Hear stretching them out for ant.
Speaker 1: That's true. That's a really good point. Just something to be aware of and something to monitor. But I think he was the single best. If you were going for this weekend, the last one of the year, it's prize picks, Promo code leading off. Bubba and I have been doing it all season long. Kind of wish we would have ended last show because I smacked that one. Let's see if we can do it again.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: Promo code leading off get you a one hundred percent match up to one hundred bucks. They have supported us all season long. Hopefully you have done the same. But but one last time we can do it. This is like the Spider Man thing. Okay, one last time we got on the picks.
Speaker 5: On the picks, I'm going with Matty Olsen over eight and a half Fantasy points, Freddy Freeman over eight and a half Fantasy points, and Ozzy Albi's over one and a half total bases. Just take the players on the best offenses in baseball just too.
Speaker 1: I think it's a good approach here I'm going with I guess I'm calling this like the count it. This is my it means everything they're playing for IT score, and I'm going with Corbyn Carroll fantasy score, Nico Horn Nico Horn Last Hope to be Back, Nico Horner Show Stars, and Zach Gallen Fantasy score. So those are my three for the it counts it means at this time being bang boom, Let's do it again one last time for the bets, your best bets for the final Friday of the MLB regular Season's.
Speaker 3: Just go to coois Field.
Speaker 5: Alex Carroll off over one and a half total basis plus one hundred, Matt Waalner over one and a half total basis plus one fifteen. And there's that man Nolan Jones over one and a half total basis plus one hundred.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I might might smack that when we get off of here. The k props are always tough. Joe Ryan five and a half. I just kind of into that one right now. The worry would be that, like a lot of these pitchers, they let him go sixty. But I think this is a good matchup for the strikeouts. I feel better though about my first fives which I've been doing all year. Chicago first five money line minus one twenty that's actually pretty good juice on that with Kyle Hendricks. And then Cincinnati, I know e, but Cincinnati, this is do word die game first five money line minus won twenty five. Hell, you know what, I might just pair those two bad boys together, live dangerously, get a little plus two to fifty or something like that. Those are gonna be my money line plays. Is there anything for DFS on this final day? You want to do? Run it back one more time?
Speaker 5: Let's do one more time. It's like twelve games slay. It's a big, big, last big slate of the season. Joe Ryan and Coors will be contraing at nine k. Got Nick Pavetta versus they hung over Baltimore Orioles at seven point six K, and then I love Ken Waldachuck at the Angels at seven point two K. A lot of cheap pitchers actually on that slate that allow you to pay for bats like Minnesota in Coors Field against Ty Block, Atlanta vers Trevor Williams and the Cubs versus Colin Ray are all great spots if you want a couple pieces of value here Junior Camenero two point nine K against Cokuchi's been hitting second every day and hitting very well. Marco Lucy onovers, Lance Lynn, who has a great mention in the chat about a disappointing pitcher, and Sean boucherd if you're not using Joe Ryan is two point six k and he has put up fourteen or more points and two straight games in coors.
Speaker 1: Field Boom Austin Wells definitely weren't the pick up if you're trying to get a streaming option out there. Question next year, keeper points Yuri or bueler Uri. I'm gonna go with Uri and then Walker Freelick. I would go Walker and Ellie or Holiday. I would actually go Holiday. Any difference is there?
Speaker 3: I'm with thee hundred percent. I'm just scared of the title that person's know.
Speaker 1: You by the way, Okay, yeah, I know het, What is this? Does this mean you're fading me? I'm guessing was that like a fade thing? But there you guys go. And also, you know, we don't have a video for it, but just to shout out, you know, to Corby and Carroll for making it such a great season, for being my partner in crime for you guys partaking. We traveled so many great places this year. Let's just relive some the Oh there's the Grand Canyon, the Pyramids, look at that. We went to Niagara Falls, We traveled the world. There's the Eiffel Tower, ahole. We had a great time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We we went into the Maple Leave World and we went and went to Pandora. We went and played a game show. We went to The Price Is Right, which is great. R I p Bob Barker's It is fade new to your Pets Barbie World. Even we were there as Acunya was getting mobbed by fans. I mean so many places. We had so many great places. From the Arizona Fall League which starts up next week, to our home here at Fantasy Pros, Corbyn Carroll and I traveling all around the world. You might be asking yourselves when are we gonna do the video. Well, I'm going to be doing a separate video with a winner that's going to be out there, So we'll be posting a winner. Be on the lookout for that. We'll have some fun with over little montage celebrating all the places. Thank you guys for entertaining me. With me being stupid. I like to be stupid, but I like when people like to play along with it. The final thing here the home run contest, and we do have a board. Actually kind of meant to do this with Joe on here. I thought it'd been interesting, but we got into things. Look at this two home run different still with three days to go. Blue Harvester crossed the sixty marker at sixty one, JJ Tator at fifty nine. I kind of hate to do it, but we're calling it. I don't think Razor can get like six or seven while the others don't do anything. This is a two man heat for the Corvin Carol helmet that is literally sitting next to me, Blue Harvester, JJ Tator. They'll be making their posts in the Fantasy Pros group, be rooms or not the groomy rooms. That's my thing. It's the discour which you guys can sign up on premium, So go and do that. Take part next year. We'll have cool fun prizes. But there you go. That is going to be an absolute monster. I'm excited to see what the finale of that's gonna be. And I'm gonna go with Corbin Carrol By the way, just to end it out for the weekend, I think I'm at forty four to forty five. Let's just go with Corbyn for the last couple of days because that's my boy, that's my boy Blue, how about you.
Speaker 5: I just wanted a fun one too. Spencer Torkelsen just hit his thirtieth on run of the season the other day, having a monster season and he's got some great matchups for Detroit this week, and so I went to have a little fun with it.
Speaker 1: There you go. So the last thing to tell you, guys, Joe kind of talked about it. I'm going to be doing once the plans have changed. I'm gonna be doing Dynasty content like podcasts for fantasy pros in the off season. We're looking at like once a week. It might start next week. At worst it'll start the week after. So make sure you guys are locked into our stuff. Follow me on Twitter's at the Welsh Fantasy Pros, Fantasy Pros MLB. Those are the handles, and I'm gonna be spouting out some Dynasty content until we get back onto things. I don't know. They might be a video component. I'm not one hundred percent sure about that, but That's why I would tell you just follow all of our stuff. You got the twitters, you can follow the YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB, so you guys are notified when we do go live and put videos. And we got all this stuff sitting here for you. But we're gonna have more baseball content in the off season from a Dynasty perspective. And like I said, I'm at the Arizona Fall League starting next week. I'm gonna be there all week. I'm gonna be tweeting all lots of information and I will be putting together all of my stuff. You know, I'll be putting together all of my redraft ranks, which I hope to have done by November and everything like that. Matt, Matt's a good question. You're getting full time game with Fantasy Pros. I don't know. We'll see, We'll see what happens. I don't know anything about that. But uh, you know, free Agent al always out here, baby, free agent though, Like I'm literally drop anything on a dime for this because I love you guys. I love this show. I've told from Joe to the higher ups, I love Fantasy Pros and you guys know I work with a lot of places, and I love all these places, but I really really love the people here at Fantasy Pro. I love this audience. You guys are the most fun for sure. So thank you guys. Thank you, Bubba Bubby. You did such a killer job this year with everything. You literally came out the gates just banging homers doing dfs like crazy. You did an awesome job. My friend, and I've known you for such a long time and we've done a gajillion shows together. I just love doing them, you know, three times a week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I love it. Thanks for having me. It's easy to Like Joe said at the very beginning, it's easy to work with your friends, so it makes it really easy to jump on when you asked me to do it. I got to help a little bit last year. I got to be kind of the full time role this year for the final two months.
Speaker 3: It was awesome.
Speaker 5: Look forward to maybe doing it again sometime. If not, I'll get to see your pretty face in person in this right.
Speaker 1: Oh, in a month, it's going to be so great. Yeah, and be on the lookout for all that We're gonna have all the Fantasy People, Baseball people in one spot and if you are going out to the anytime in the years, gon'll fallly hit me up. Say hi. I love to talk with everybody, but that's it. If you guys are looking for any other information, feel free to tweet at us. We can help you through these last couple of days. I hope you guys rock some championships. We saw so many of you do so, so stick it here with us in the offseason and into the new year. Bigger, better every single year that is going to do it for the story of the game. I can never do Joe's thing. Listen. I love you guys all you're my friend does and we'll talk to you next time wherever the story of the game is. Poor Baba, I'm Welsh. We're signing off or the season finale of leading off. Goodbye friends,