Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final hour in this Monday best and worst of the weekend. What you liked you didn't like? Operators sitting by Tyler take your phone calls eight seven to seven three DP show Fritzi's here, Dylan front row with Pauli and Marvin yours truly and of course the backroom guys, we say good morning. If you're watching the program on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app and our stat of the day brought to you by, as always Benini America. The official trading cards of the program, The WNBA on NBC and Peacock Sunday Page, Beckers and the Wings take on Olivia Miles and the links the WNBA Live on NBC and Peacock pull question for the final hour of the program, Dylan.
Speaker 3: Which major sport has the most parody? MLB, NBA, NHL or NFL.
Speaker 2: Well, let me start with the NBA. You've had eight different winners the last eight years. Do you consider that parody? You know, we make a big deal about a repeat champ in the NFL. That hasn't happened very often in the last thirty years. I don't view baseball as parody top heavy. But I would say that the NBA having eight different winners the last eight years, that's pretty impressive, Yes, Dylan, but that's kind of viewed as.
Speaker 3: An anomaly in the NBA, right because the NBA is probably the most dynastic over the course of its history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not recently. You have you have really good teams, you know, Golden State's been a good team. Lebron's bounced around, Durance bounced around. Yeah, So it feels it feels a little bit more fluid. I don't know if that's an anomaly. If you do it eight consecutive years, that's not an aberration. I mean that feels like a trend. So I mean how many how many leagues have had a different a different team winning in eight consecutive years.
Speaker 4: Yes, PAULI, it does feel though with the NBA they have tidle parody. But those teams in the bottom ten, they stay in the bottom ten for a while, Like the Wizards aren't gonna spike up and go on a run next year. It doesn't feel for the Nets are not going to spike up. It feels like a bad team last year in the NFL could could reach the playoffs the next year just with a couple moves.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But see, I feel like in basketball, there's only five guys out there, it's easier to do something quicker. I think the Wizards are going to be competitive next season. Okay, I do, I do I Okay. This isn't one of those where I was on a team the year before, two years before. I think the Wizards will be competitive. How's that? Yes, Marvin, like.
Speaker 6: Playing competitive, like you know what. They're struggling, but you know what they're trying to make the play in.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, yes, play in competitive.
Speaker 4: Yes, your Wizard's had seventeen wins this year.
Speaker 2: I thought, yeah, and so did the Pistons a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're setting you're over under at twenty nine and a half for this Wizard squad.
Speaker 2: I'm going over oh got see Yeah, AJ Deband said, don't let me down. T Davis. Here we go. I'm I'm printing playing tournament T shirt. You know, sometimes you just get that feeling, Marvin. They're just times when I go, man, I think I think the Sacramento Kings are ready for the playoffs. They made the playoffs.
Speaker 6: No, we're on year eight of Man, you really want them to put it all together. But then they trade, they trade Halliburton, and then they get rid of this guy and that guy. They fire Mike Brown. He ends up coaching the next they win a championship.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, okay, yes, Dylan.
Speaker 3: If the Wizards win the NBA Cup this season, is that a success?
Speaker 7: Hell?
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, hell yes, they're the Wizards yelling team. Worse is the Washington Generals and they try to be bad.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: Let me get a couple of phone Do we have a new pole question or is that the old pole question? I'm trying to keep track, Dylan.
Speaker 3: That's a new one. We also, I mean throw another one.
Speaker 2: Up if you want. Yeah, sure, it's your day, all right? Uh do you still watch? I did have I did have a father come up to me at a restaurant and he said, hey, longtime fan, I have a problem with Dylan. I go, okay, get in line, he goes, He all almost ruined Christmas for my son. We were in the car and I said, I will pass the message on to Dylan, and he said, maybe publicly shaming him would work. Todd almost did this a couple of years ago. We love Santa and I can't wait to get gifts from him this year. Dylan, Yeah, I said.
Speaker 3: At the time, I was like, of course, I'm a big Sanda guy, and Christmas is my favorite holiday. Tod and I've actually talked about it. Christmas is better than Honka.
Speaker 7: Christmas is far cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, But once again, I just I had a very nice gentleman and he said that you almost ruined Christmas because sometimes parents are driving their kids to school and they could have the radio on. And I love the Easter Bunny and I very fairy Godmother. I like her.
Speaker 4: Yes, Paul, just your kids in the car. Remember Santa's always watching eat your vegetables?
Speaker 2: Yes he is. Who's naughty or nice? Yes, Todd.
Speaker 9: You do have to admire how he was able to deliver gifts to the entire world overnight.
Speaker 7: That is awesome. I wish I can get to work that fast from where I live.
Speaker 10: He's Amazon Prime before Amazon Todd.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't need Todd involved in this conversation, correct, Just Dylan. Dylan, you know, pays for his sins. I'm not having you involved in it. Giving me any kind of logical or non logical uh No, no, no, no, no, no, don't even.
Speaker 7: I highly recommend the Perry Como Christmas Album.
Speaker 2: Has nothing to do with Santa Okay, alrighty, yeah, I'm sure that'll go over well. Now, Perry Como.
Speaker 7: Perry Como Christmas Album number one.
Speaker 2: That might have been sixty years ago.
Speaker 9: It's fantastic. He's got the amazing voice and that puts you in the Christmas mood more than ever.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're the oldest fifty whatever that I've ever met.
Speaker 7: I used to listen to that all the time.
Speaker 9: Forget about hang me the Honk of Candle, whatever songs they try to come up with to make a honak a cool, Give me the chocolate money, and that's about it for honka and a potato pancake with some apple sauce.
Speaker 7: It's all about the Perry Coomb.
Speaker 2: Dylan in Orlando. Hi, Dylan, when do you have for me today?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I might be young, but I'm still listening to the Being Cosby Christmas album. Anyways, I'll have a quick Dodger rant. I have three points to make, and I'll try to make him pretty quick.
Speaker 11: Number one.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers didn't really offer the best farm system to the Tigers, but the Tiger's don't have to accept that any team could have made that offer. Number Two, you mentioned earlier that the Dodgers have to pay a large luxury tax, a larger than the payroll from other teams. But a lot of that luxury tack goes to the minor teams to try to help them actually build their payroll. I want to know why they're putting it in their pocket and step investing it into their teams. And number three, earlier today you said the words expensive elephant in the room. Well, I want to know why some of those expensive elephants out in Oakland from pin stripes and no one seems to care. But all of a sudden they go to the Dodgers and were the villains.
Speaker 12: Anyways, ya.
Speaker 2: Look, I don't have a problem with what the Dodgers do, all right. The Oakland A's owner is bad for baseball. What the Dodgers do. The Dodgers win, The Dodgers make money, The Dodgers reinvest. The Dodgers treat their fan base with respect. They want you to come out, they want you to watch, they want you to invest. It's your team. They want stars. The Yankees did this The Yankees did this when George Steinbrenner was making money off the Yes Network, and therefore he was able to have even more money to invest in his players. So they became personalities. They were must see TV. They were like friends on Thursday Night. You knew everybody in the lineup. That's what George Steinbrenner wanted to do, and he did. He created that. Well, they're not the only ones able to do that.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Now it comes down to how good is your baseball front office? How good are the smart people analytics, minor league making trades, shrewd decisions, you know, financial people. I mean, it takes a lot of people. It's not just one person there. I grew up where Bob Housen was the general manager of the Cincinnati Reds. I don't know who else was involved in situations where, you know, keeping Pete Rose or getting rid of Pete Rose, keeping Johnny Bench, salary for Tony Perez, trading for Joe Morgan from Houston. It felt like there was one person baseball's front offices. It's not just one person anymore. You have to have a team in there. Brooks in Florida, Hi Brooks, what do you have for me today.
Speaker 13: Hey Dan six' one two o five, So comment on the Dodgers. I think every sports fan wants nothing more than to have owners the Dodgers. They care about winning more than making money, and when they win, they make more money. Anyways, I think it was last week as well. You guys were talking about common sports injuries. I was fortunate enough to play a little bit of minor league ball. I had Tommy John and I can, maybe with a biased opinion, it is by far the worst. It was six months before I even touched the baseball again, let alone probably two years before I felt normal. It's absolutely awful. And then just some advice from you. Maybe my daughter is just under five months old. How do I prepare for that speech that you're about to give?
Speaker 2: How about you don't think about it for twenty years, Brooks that because all I'm obsessed with it. I get in the car, go to play golf yesterday, turn down the music. It's just silence in there, and I'm practicing my speech over and over and over and over. But it's taken me thirty years to prepare for this, and I'm not even prepared for this. Jay and Delaware, Hi, Jay, Best and worst of the weekend.
Speaker 11: Hey, Dan Quick, best two signings. I'm the forty nine ers fine back Deebo Sam Samuels, and we picked up Khalil Herbert as well. We got our bully back on offense after getting our bullyback on defense, Drey Greenlaws. I'm very excited about that. And first day there he's and teen drills. Looks great, looks the best safe he's been in since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 5: Worst of the.
Speaker 11: Weekend as a Brave fan, anyone but the Dodgers he could have went to. But I'm not mad at the Dodgers. I'm more mad at the Brave. The signings that we did, the trade that we did make this weekend very underwhelming. We're eight games ahead in our division. I just don't understand why we didn't push harder to get Schoogle with the with the Andrews we've had in our starting pitching lineup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought that the Braves were kind of poised to sneak in there and get Trek Scoubel, but Schoobol wanted to go to the Dodgers. But once again, if you're the Braves or the Brewers, how important is this year? How good are we this year? And if you really think that you have a chance, a good chance, then you roll the dice. Maybe you win and Terrek Scouobel wants to stay with you. But those who didn't do anything, like you can't sit there and go, oh, the Dodgers, Okay, the Dodgers still gave up to what top forty prospects. I mean, was it the hall that people thought you were going to get for schoolbl No, but all they did was, hey, how about this? And nobody could top that deal? And so what if he doesn't re sign, Yes, we lose prospects, but do we have a chance to win? Because if you play this way, you know you're gonna be a fifteen game, twenty game, over five hundred team. And we got to the playoffs and then what Okay, but if that's your goal, like there's some owners that probably don't even have that goal. It's like, hey, let's just see, you know what kind of fan base we can get, how much money we can get, who can we keep, What are we gonna get, what are we gonna get in return for you know, this star player? I mean, that's I have more of a problem with that than I do with what the Dodgers do or the Yankees do. Look the Mets, that owner, you know, didn't understand baseball. You can be a Mets fan, but you got to understand baseball. And you know you want to go out and you want to sign Soto to seven hundred million dollars. He ain't Otani. Nobody is going, man, I can't wait to go see Soto. They are coming out to see show a Utani. And you know, as Jeff Passing said last week, he might be a bargain seven hundred million dollars. Soto ain't no bargain. But the Mets. The Mets have made a mess out of just saying I can go out there and spend this money. It's getting the right people to make the right decisions. You can have a checkbook, but there's certain people shouldn't be signing checks. Take a break. We'll get more phone calls coming up back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey, It's Rob Parker and Calvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio and.
Speaker 14: In addition, to're hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio. We are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 2: That's right. You can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 14: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube.
Speaker 10: Yeah, subscribe.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this was what Bryce Harper was hoping for when he said to Don Mattingly, we need more help. The Phillies picked up Luis Arise. You see a former batting champ and you know, a good stick there, but I you know, in today's game, I don't know how valued he is. But they picked up a Rise, Yeah, PAULI.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a Rise, four time All Star, he was on the Giants this year, hit three twenty fours. His hitting three twenty four and you're right, he is a on paces to be a four time batting champ.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It used to be a big deal, fighting for the batting championship and done not anymore. Used to be you could run down the list of batting champs and nowadays you're like, okay, is your Dan Alvarez gonna win the Triple Crown because he is an overwhelming favor to win the American League MVP. He is minus nine hundred. Junior Kamenero is plus six hundred. He is second in the National League. Pete Crow Armstrong is closing the gap on show Hey outani Otani's minus one forty PCA is plus one hundred. Those are the only two players in the race for the MVP. Yeah, Paul, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Jordan Alvarez is leading in everything. Homer's RBI, batting average, OBP, SLG whatever. The other one is Ops.
Speaker 2: War Voight voy Yeah. Whatever that was.
Speaker 10: If there's a stat he's leading in it.
Speaker 2: But here's it's a triple crown season. And it's like, uh yeah, And I don't know. It's like the things I valued when I was growing up, I have no idea if they have value anymore.
Speaker 6: Yes, Marvin, it is wild how unfamous baseball players are nowadays. If this was even nineteen ninety five, this would have been leading sports anderver, somebody who was trying to, you know, go for the triple crown, you know, August right, Miguel Carbrero won it, and it was like, Okay, that's cute, But if Mickey Mantle or Roger Maris was somebody of that, ilk would have done it. In the nineteen sixties, this would have been they would have been on a cover of Life magazine doing this.
Speaker 2: Yeap, yes, Poe.
Speaker 4: Like, if you hit three thirty five, it's not going to make headlines. It's great for your career and your team, but you need to hit like three seventy eight in August, where you're flirting with four hundred even in the vicinity to get people to notice it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but nobody's trying to hit four hundred. They don't even you know, give you the impression that they want to bat over three point fifty.
Speaker 3: Yes, Dylan, Well, that's why to me these days, it's more impressive when a guy's hitting over three hundred, which is crazy that there's an inverse relationship to how much people care.
Speaker 2: Well, I go back to nineteen sixty eight and you had Carl Yastremsky added three to zero one, I think, and he won the batting title the second highest batting average. Now, this is when they changed the height of the mound, and you know, sixty eight was the year of the pitcher. Danny Cater of the a's I think hit two ninety that those were the highest averages, and at the time it was like, that is crazy that you could have had that low of a batting average. But back then, in nineteen sixty eight, they changed the mound and pitchers dominated. But for the most part, growing up, George Brett, Tony Gwynn, Rod Carew trying to go for four hundred, it was a big deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dylan, is there an asterisk next to Bob Gibson's nineteen sixty eight season because of that? Or did people just sort of say whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, then it would be next to Denny McLain as well because he won thirty games. There would be an asterisk by every pitcher in baseball, not just Bob Gibson. Bob Gibson was a Hall of Famer without Night teen sixty eight. Bob Gibson is one of my favorite pitchers because that dude he was bringing it. He was you want to pitch angry, He pitched angry. He pitched aggressive and he didn't and he was a big guy. Former I think he played for the Harlem Globetrotters. I think he was out of Creighton, But I just remember Bob Gibson on the mound the Cardinals. Back then, it wasn't it wasn't going to be a good night. Yeah, Paulie.
Speaker 4: How many players in all of baseball are hitting over three hundred as of today? Seven seven is correct, blue Blue bloo. So you're hitting a thousand today? Okay, No one's over three thirty or Alvarez like you mentioned, is at three thirty. There are three guys in all of baseball hitting more than over three twenty.
Speaker 2: Joe Jamas.
Speaker 13: Day Day.
Speaker 12: Day.
Speaker 1: Nay, this is the style of the.
Speaker 2: Day brought you by Panini America. It was on this day nineteen forty one Joe Demagio goes oh for four that ended his on base streak at seventy four.
Speaker 10: Games, over rated.
Speaker 2: Seventy four consecutive games where he got on either base, hit, hit by pitch, or a walk. Dang, yeah, Paully.
Speaker 4: Do you think if we were on sports radio in that year, we would have done a pole question? Would you rather hit three ninety or Mary Marilyn Monroe? We would have done that pole question.
Speaker 2: Right, I think I'd rather hit three ninety back then, Yeah, what.
Speaker 10: About three fifty?
Speaker 2: Maybe you know Maril Monroe? There I don't know the right there. There was a lot. There was a lot going on there, you know, you know, just give me a nice, normal woman. You don't need to have an actress or any of it. No, no, yeah, uh. Plus, you know the Kennedys are involved, and Sinatra's involved and Domagio and no, that's that's not gonna be good. Yes, Dylan.
Speaker 3: The modern version of that question would be like, would you rather hit three oh two or Mary Sidney Sweeney?
Speaker 10: That's the Yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 2: Uh, I guess I'd rather marry Sidney Sweeney. Three oh two is not impressive. Sidney Sweeney is impressive, all right, you know hit three oh two. I never thought we would have that question, but I'm glad we got it out of the way. Would you rather bet three oh two or Mary Sidney Sweeney? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Are you saying three oh two for a year or a deck? Because three oh two for a decade you're getting paid.
Speaker 2: How about your career? Oh wow, you end up at three oh two? You hit three oh two for your career? Or you're married to Sydney Sweeney for fifteen years? What do you sign it up for three oh two? Are you you're not on the Sydney Sweeney bandwagon, Marvin. No, she's impressive.
Speaker 6: But okay, that's impressive.
Speaker 2: Three hundred for ten years, all right, Yes, Tom.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go the other way on that. I go to take a Sweeney choice.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, what a shocker.
Speaker 4: Yes, Paul, I've got some names of baseball players who hit three oh two exactly for the career. So you could be Buster Posey and you're on the market you hit three oh two, or you get Sidney Sweeney, You're hit like two forty.
Speaker 2: Buster Posey's a Hall of Famer. Though, Yeah, who is who's dating Sydney's Sweeney?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 2: It's uh, what's his name? Scooter bron Scooter Broun, He goes he's he's the producer behind Taylor Swift. Yep, I think he made a lot of money and uh, I think he got divorced and now he's with Sidney Sweeney. Not that I keep up on you for you, just letting.
Speaker 10: You know totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, h Adam in La hi, Adam, what do you have for me today?
Speaker 5: Good morning? My best and worst of the weekend. Best was easy the Dodgers got schoobl but my worst was also easy. The Dodgers got swept at home by Boston, so Red Sox are scores and al seems wide open. I've never felt so optimistic before after my team gets swept. But the Dodgers are about to get Blake Snell, Tyler Glass, no, Will Smith all back, got the addition of schoobl got to keep Otani healthy obviously for October. But it's hard not to think Repete still got to go out and win the games, of course. And then I got one quick question for you, DP. I'm just waiting for this. Aaron Donald is returning to the Rams and News to drop in football to start. What do you think do you think it's sooner or later? And then it's just a really good time to be in La fan. You guys are great, have a great week. DP is the best man. Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Adam. Yeah, I think that he's coming back. I think you're going to push this as long as you can. If I'm Aaron Donald, you just want to let your coach know, Hey, I'm staying in shape and but I when I come in, I want I'm going to be ready for the football season. But I don't want to go through you know all of that, and guys would hold out. Sometimes guys come up with excuses, you know, little injuries that they just don't want to go through. You know, Aaron Rodgers would do that, But you can earn the right to do that, and Aaron Donald has Yes, Marvin, if Aaron.
Speaker 6: Donald ends up going back to the Rams, who's under more pressure to win a championship?
Speaker 2: The Dodgers or the That's a good question. Uh, that's going to be picked up by every talk show in Los Angeles. You'll get some people saying, you know, I was just wondering here, who has more pressure? The Dodgers? The Dodgers is a bottom line. It feels like they have to win it every year. You know, the Rams didn't win it last year, and you can make a case they were the best team, but the best team doesn't always win. And it's one game. See with the Dodgers, you have that luxury of, you know, seven games, and it'd be really hard to beat a team that's that good in seven games, whereas in the NFL, you know, you can have one play, one moment, one turnover, one touchdown. Yeah, poling just to.
Speaker 4: Play Devil's advocate. The Rams had the number one offense in football. Last year, their defense was ranked tenth, and they ended they added Garrett and McDuffie. Duffy almost forget about that. They have no wiggle room to not make it further.
Speaker 2: Well, you make it further, then you're going to make it to the Super Bowl, right Yeah. So yeah, I mean, nobody's going to be surprised if they do. They'll be surprised if they don't. If they If I said, hey, the Rams aren't going to win the Super Bowl, you'd be like, but they got there. Yes, Hey, the Dodgers aren't going to win the World Series. That would be a bigger surprise in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dylan, Well, and if you surveyed people in LA too, they would probably overwhelmingly prefer another Dodgers World Series than a Rams Super Bowl. Right, I mean, I feel like the Dodgers are a much bigger game in town.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yeah. Zayre Hope was the key prospect in the Trek Scoobal trade. He was eleventh round pick by the Cubs. The Dodgers traded Mike Bush to the Cubs for him, so they got this talent with you know, he was an eleventh round pick and then ultimately they trade him yesterday. He's the prized guy in the Trek Scooble trade. So the Dodgers basically traded Michael Bush for Trek Scooble. That's the difference with the Dodgers than anybody else. That's just smart baseball. That has nothing to do with Hey, here's a blank check. We're going to bring this person in. You take somebody, you help develop them, now a top forty prospect, and then you send him as part of the Trek Scooble trade. That's just smart baseball. Aaron and fort Wayne hi erin, what do you have for me today?
Speaker 15: Hey, Dan, thanks for taking my call. I just want to comment on Kyle Willingham. I don't think like you can't lose any games obviously in these stupid media day but you can definitely lose fan support. I think it comes off as a little bit tone deaf to the fan base. You got to just play the hits sometimes, and Michigan fans want to hear that you hate Ohio State. I mean, Woody Hayes famously wouldn't even get gas in Michigan and said we'll push this bus back to the Ohio line before we give them a nickel, And yeah, I just think it's a little bit you got to understand like who you're talking to and who you're speaking to at these media days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just not Kyle Whittingham, that's all. It's Jim Harball. Jim Harball went to Michigan, and I think if you went there, played there, you were brought up in that universe, then you certainly understand that. But Kyle Whittingham, he's just a nice man who's a really good football coach. You know, Jim Harball wanted to tweak Ryan Day. He loved that. Yes, Todd, if.
Speaker 9: It's contrived, you're too obvious that you're pandering to the fans as much as they want to hear the coach be all angry about Oh, it's like the politician that says, like something obvious. It's like, and every student should have a desk and h and a p and a pencil to come on, Prisoners should go to jail, Criminals should go to prison.
Speaker 2: Who was with me?
Speaker 9: Huh say something obvious like I don't know, like, you know, obviously there's a there's a major rivalry there.
Speaker 7: Does he really need to say? Yeah, now that I took over the job.
Speaker 2: I hate the buck Well, I don't know. Yes, that's I mean, it's kind of weird. You walk in and you go, uh, let's see, Uh you got your notes for your press conference? Yes, I do. Uh yeah, make sure you bring up that. Oh yeah, and I hate ohives too, Okay, yeah, Pauline.
Speaker 4: See, I think it's the opposite. I think it's a must pander situation. Everyone's going to know you're making it up and you're not a Michigan lifer. It's like when Kurt Signetti got hired at Indiana, not a hot bed of football. He went to a basketball game and he started his whole speech with produced sucks. He played the crowd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't think he hated Purdue, not at all.
Speaker 4: But you play to the home crowd and tell them what they want to hear just for the sake of it.
Speaker 2: Almost yeah, kind of winning him is not that way, Signetti said. We heard Signetti, you know, at the Big Ten Press conference taking a shot at the SEC. It's just not Kyle Winningham.
Speaker 6: Yes, Martin, Well, I don't think he had to sound like Randy macho man savage while he was doing it. But I think he just has to drive the point home that my biggest goal is to beat Ohio State and then win the Big Ten in national championship.
Speaker 16: Asks.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you can. You can say that, but then that's not going to satisfy people saying, oh, did you hear how he said it. Hey, we're gonna go out there and we're gonna beat Ohio State. We're gonna win the national championship.
Speaker 6: Yes, Mark, Well, No, I don't think that's true because when Jim Tressel, he spoke at an Ohio State basketball game and he was like, we're gonna be great in the classroom, and we're gonna be great on the field, and then and then we're gonna be great and he said like three hundred and twenty days when we play that team up north, and then the crowd was going crazy. So I don't think you have to spit fire and act like the Ultimate Warrior or anything like that w W style. You just have to ingratiate yourself to the home fans. This isn't Eastern Michigan. This is Michigan. He's playing Ohio State. Come on, get up.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Dylan, What.
Speaker 3: If he was just like I don't hate Ohio State yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, yeah, but I have plenty of time to come on, let's go get him.
Speaker 10: How fun would it be there said.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get on the top roupe and we're gonna get.
Speaker 10: Done and look at a Chrystal.
Speaker 7: That'll be fine.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna blame you, Marvin. I'm sorry, Macho man Savage Zach and Knoxville. Hi, Zach, what do you have for me?
Speaker 16: I'll supposed to follow macho man Randy Savage impersonation. Way to put me on spot DP. Now the Tarrek Scooble trade, I know that. I think the NBA started it and then the NFL.
Speaker 2: Kind of followed suit.
Speaker 16: When when did MLB players get to pick and choose where they got traded to? That just kind of seems like a new thing to me.
Speaker 2: Well, I think if you're winning a couple of u Cy Young's that you can say, look, if you're going to trade me, trade me where I'm there's a chance that I'm going to resign. If not, then you know I'm not going to stay with that team. And it felt like he had leverage there. The Dodgers wanted him and whatever role he played in telling the Tigers don't entertain any other offers. I want to go to the Dodgers, and maybe you know that's going to hurt their leverage significantly. By the way, Jordan Alvarez, he was in the Dodgers organization. He was traded for relief pitcher a couple of years back. So the Dodgers do make mistakes in their front office.
Speaker 10: Yes, he'll be a Dodger again.
Speaker 2: Let me take a break. Last Golf for phone calls, what we learn? Once in store tomorrow? Back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Last Golf for phone calls, What we learn, What's in store tomorrow? Have all of that forthcoming and this day in sports history. How about Austin in Utah? Hi, Austin, what's on your mind?
Speaker 17: Hey, Dann, I just need to stick up for Kyle Livingham real quick. Okay, everyone thinks that he doesn't know a big game rivalry, but he coached in Utah where the Utah Yu rivalry is almost though. I mean it literally is. The Civil War, Its the same state. We don't have a state in counties between us biggest rivalries forty minutes down the road that governors had to make comments about keeping it cool. It literally tell her whole families apart, neighbor at the park coworker's part. So he knows a big game. People need to cut him some slack. He has that attitude.
Speaker 2: Kind of Terry in Atlanta, Hi, Terry.
Speaker 12: Hey, Dan, first time, long time, six one two pounds, and Kyle. I think he just doesn't know his audience yet. DP was born and raised in Michigan, lived in Georgia since two thousand and nine and haven't made dozens of trips back up to Michigan driving on the way there. On the way back, I drive an hour out of the way to go through Indiana so that I'm not even painted.
Speaker 7: By the air.
Speaker 12: In Ohio, I don't break down and have to support their economy like I want nothing to do with them. I just don't think he understands how deep it goes yet. And I would just say to the last caller, are we talking about Utah?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Hey, having been out there BYU and Utah, that is real. That is a real rivalry. We don't have many left, that's real. Nothing compares to Michigan and Ohio State. Nothing. I mean, Army Navy is different, but Michigan and Ohio State. Growing up an Ohio State fan, I hated Michigan. But you have to be brought up there to understand it. But I don't think Kyle Winningham went in there and needed a tutorial on how to hate Ohio State. I just I don't know if he said that he you know, hated Utah or by you you know, if the coaches hate each other. Yeah, Pauline, this.
Speaker 4: Is getting me fired up for college football right now.
Speaker 10: Those last two calls, Let's.
Speaker 2: Go, uh Justin in North Carolina? How Justin would he have for me?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 18: Then six to one, two seventeen in Rising. My worst of the weekend, I would say is brown Z owner Jimmy Haslum passed the bub on the Miles Garrett decision. And best of the weekend is definitely Odell Beckham is back. Made a nice sliding end zone grab for the Giants in West Virginia.
Speaker 2: Yay, Hey, I don't know what it means. Yeay, Hey, Uh, I don't think I'll ever be on Odell Beckham's good side. Then he call me an outsider. I had an insider. I was an outsider. I don't even know what the story was. I know I was right, but I like he put out something on social media or I put out an opinion on social media something. And then he responded calling me an outsider. I'm like, thank you, thank you. I don't want to be an insider. David North, Carolina, Hi, Dave, what do you have for me?
Speaker 13: I have a different take on your three zero two hit her and marrying Sydney Sweeney?
Speaker 5: How about pre sty Youngs and Kate Upton. Oh, I'm sorry, Justin Burlander did.
Speaker 2: It all alrighty Dave? Well, well, yeah, yeah, yeah. He was Hall of Famer on and off the field. Apparently this Dane sports history, Paul.
Speaker 4: I got a couple for you, Dan, nineteen thirty six in Berlin, Germany. Jesse Owens won the first of his four Olympic gold medals. Nineteen forty nine. I did not know this. The NBA was formed. It was called the National Basketball Association. The two merged leagues, the Basketball Association of America the BAA the BA and the National Basketball League the NBL.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't know that either. Yeah. Mary lou Rettin had a perfect ten on her final vault, first American woman to win the all around gold nineteen eighty four. On this day, well, nineteen eighty seven, Joe Nekro the Twins caught with a nail file on the mound, ejected, suspended for ten games. That is when he the Empire went he amped out your pockets and he emptied him out, and he tried to throw the nail file out, and then all of a sudden, it's like, oh no, what is that right there? He had a nail file. Now you would think for a guy who threw a knuckleball that they would let you file your nails. The problem is he was probably filing something else. Yes, PAULI. I just looked at the video.
Speaker 4: And his nonchalant throw out the nail file, like, oh look, we just fell from the sky.
Speaker 10: It's very fun.
Speaker 2: I'll be damned. Oh my wife must have put her nail file in my back pocket. Yes, Tom.
Speaker 9: And there's that one umpire with his arms folder that slowly watches it as it leaves his hand and watching it fall to the ground with his neck filing here was so.
Speaker 2: Great final results of the poll question, Dylan, which league.
Speaker 3: Has the most parody? The MLB, NFL, NHL, or NBA. The NFL cruising at sixty one percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I have to factor in the NBA did have eight different champions, so that it doesn't give everybody a chance. But you know, you're not dealing with a dynasty. You know what is a dynasty anymore? A dynasty in baseball is different than a dynasty in football, dynasty in basketball. And it feels like it is because are the Dodgers in the dynasty conversation? Golden State was in a dynasty conversation, the Patriots in a dynasty conversation? Okay, see we thought now that quieted just a little bit there.
Speaker 6: Yes, Marvin, if the Dodgers win this year, dynasty easily right through straight.
Speaker 2: I would say so, yes, Yes, Dylan.
Speaker 3: It seems like three is sort of the consensus, and I'm like three and five years or something.
Speaker 10: People can make the dynasty case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, three and five is usually instead of your winning three in a row or three and four years, Yesmarv.
Speaker 6: Yeah, super random. The San Francisco Giants, they had three Super Bowls, three World series, But we don't consider them a dynasty because they did it with like three different lineups and they didn't do it in like back to back seasons either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, didn't they do it every even year? I think was it? That's I believe so like it was it was like, you know, one year than not the next year and then the year after that for so I don't know, Yes, Dylan, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I believe it was ten, twelve, fourteen where those three Giants World Series.
Speaker 2: Uh, Todd, what'd you learn on today's program?
Speaker 9: Lifelong Dodge has been harold in North Dakota wants to know why they keep having oh tony lead up and opponents really pitched to him.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's all analytics right there. What did I learn today? Todd?
Speaker 9: Kim Kirchin word, there'll be a lockout games lost next season, maybe the whole season.
Speaker 2: You have a great day of everybody for Fritzie, Dylan, mar Paula, yours truly in the back room. Guys, we'll talk to you tomorrow.