Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central, from.
Speaker 2: The most trusted journalists at Comedy Central is America's only source for news.
Speaker 1: This is the Daily Choke with your host shown hold of the Guys show man Mimay gun Cher. We got a choke for ay night. Carol Cadwallerter is going to be joining us. She's a journalist. She's getting discussed with us of the tech rolagarchy and how the entirety of mankind, entirety we'll be enslaved by handful of misanthropic data hoarders. Spoiler alert, we don't make it. Speaking of misanthropic data orders, Douge has finally rooted out one of America's least efficient government workers and marked and marked for dismissal.
Speaker 3: Elon Musk is no longer a special government employee.
Speaker 4: Friday was the billionaire's last day in charge of the Department of Government Efficiency.
Speaker 1: He's leaving. He's leaving his job to make more family with his time. He follow off, I think we're just has a mail order sperm farm. No, I don't know how he's like. I'm actually I'm starting to feel bad for this guy. He's been looking at it. He's been there four months. Look at poor pion. It only took four months to go from this.
Speaker 5: To this.
Speaker 1: Guy. He went from tech titan giving a mandate to move fast and crush the deep state to guy who had a bad night in Nashville. Boy, you can't remember. Well, yeah, he's got that look like has anyone seen my shoes? He's beating down, he's got that look on his face that I imagine his employees normally have black eye thousand yards stare. This dude has seen some shit. I'd like to know at least how that happened.
Speaker 6: What is your eye?
Speaker 7: Okay, what happened to you?
Speaker 1: Your eye? This was a bruise thing.
Speaker 8: No, I just wasn't around with the lex and I said, go ahead, punch me in the face, and he did.
Speaker 1: So you're not gonna tell us what hacked? Do you need a safe place to stay? Look, I believe sometimes do happen when you're rough housing with your kids. But I'm also sure the one sentence no parent has ever uttered to their child is go ahead, punch me in the face. But yeah, Elon spent three hundred million dollars of his own money to get Trump elected irreparably damaged his personal brand and almost all of his business and is clearly suffering some kind of issue. But don't worry. Trump made sure that Elon got something in return. President Trump keep being praise on the tech type, presenting him with a golden keeve.
Speaker 9: And I gave him a little special something.
Speaker 1: We have here, a.
Speaker 9: Very special that I give to very special people.
Speaker 1: I have given it to some, but they goes to very special.
Speaker 9: People, and I thought I'd give it to Elon as a presentation from our country.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Eli. You couldn't just give him the fucking key. You had to make sure that everybody knows you give them to a lot of people. It's just not that special, you know. I got a bunch of these. I give him the special people. Who's the guy who brings me my diet coke? I give him one for every diet coke. Anyway, enjoy your useless key. There was no need for Trump and Elon to commemorate this epic fail. This this embarrassing display of theater. Look at these guys pretending like this is some kind of celebratory, victorious send off for a job with Jesus. Look even Lincoln is looking down. He said, We're gonna like it, Lincoln. Even Lincoln is looking down gone. This is the most tedious performance I've ever had to sit through. This is even Lincoln can't take it. Somebody booth me, I don't like this too soon? Is that? And Lincoln, for God's sake, with all the shit going on in the world, I was not expecting the audience to be like, poor Lincoln just wanted to see you play. Of course, Lincoln wasn't the old one seemingly disassociating in the over office. Of course, there might have been an explanation for that behavior as well. The New York Times reports that Must allegedly use drugs far more than previously known. Look whether Elon was using drugs on the job or not, I have no idea. I do know one thing about the television industry, though, especially the news industry, and that is whatever unusual images we have of Elon's enthusiastic time in Washington, DC, those images will now be repurposed and given a slightly different meaning in context, almost comically so, inside edition do your worst.
Speaker 10: Must departure comms as a jaw dropping New York Times report claims he was taking a cocktail of drugs while on campaign trail. According to The Times, Expose must erratic behavior, including waving a chainsaw around and that notorious Nazi like stiff arm, can be attributed to a daily mix of ketamine, ecstasy, psychedelic mushrooms and adderall. They claim he traveled with a daily medication box that holds twenty pillag.
Speaker 1: Why do you want to do it? Brother? Dirty? That way? Go ahead, come on inside a edition inauguration party Enthusiasm or lea for Madness. And you might be saying, well, look who amongst us hasn't unwound. Sometimes a little mixture of ecstasy, mushrooms, ketamine and adderall, what could be the harm?
Speaker 11: He told people he was taking so much ketamine that it was affecting his bladder.
Speaker 1: He told people that this dude is a one man anti drug campaign. These are your pants, These are your pants on drugs.
Speaker 12: And I do love the fact though that the detail is he's the one who.
Speaker 1: Told him me I play fall. That means things were so bad you had to be like, oh, don't worry, it's something weird. It's just an overabundance of ketemy. No, obviously, we on this program would have been delighted to offer an unedited forum for Elon to discuss his journey from hard working efficiency expert to drug adults child star mugshot, but he chose to go in a different direction by sort of speaking to your theater loving parents' favorite program, CBS Sunday Morning. This is true. This was his final Trump administration exit interview.
Speaker 13: I noticed that all of your businesses involve a lot of components, a lot of parts. Do the tariffs and the trade wars affect any of this?
Speaker 1: You know, tariffs is affectings a little bit? How revealing any follow up?
Speaker 13: Wondering what your thought is on the ban on foreign students the proposal. I mean you were one of those kids.
Speaker 14: Right, yeah, I mean I think we want to stick to, you know, the subject of the day, which is like spaceships as opposed to you know, presidential policy.
Speaker 13: Oh okay, I was sold anything's good.
Speaker 15: But no, well no, look what Trump has reduced this man to.
Speaker 1: He has broken this poor man.
Speaker 16: Just in an interview. Ken, we just talk about spaceships. I was told we'd talk about I was told we would both be wearing helmets and talking about it. Just a simple boy with a set of Star Wars, sheets and pillows.
Speaker 15: And.
Speaker 1: I really would just like to talk about I mean, you can't blame him sold projects, cutting money from the government, trying to find efficiencies, and sneaking a trojan horse in the back door and stealing all our data. But Trump is spending two hundred billion more dollars than the previous administration did in this amount of time and creating a deficit, exploding, big, beautiful bill that is the antithesis of everything Musk said he was trying to do. And now he's left softly complaining about it to a guy whose normal news segment is explaining to your grandparents how to download PDF.
Speaker 3: You know, I was like disappointed to see the massive spending bill, frankly, which increases the budget depsit not doesn't decrease it, and that reminds the work that the dog team is doing. I think a bill can be can be can be big, or it can be.
Speaker 14: Beautiful, but I don't know if it could be both.
Speaker 1: My perstal opinion, no, sir, we will not be body shaming legislation.
Speaker 12: I'm going to tell you something, and I speak for all the legislation out there, that in this country, a bill can be big.
Speaker 1: And beautiful. I promise myself I wasn't going to do this and brave. Holy shit. Here's my favorite. By the way, so this actually is my favorite part of the whole interview. So Elon actually expressed some dissatisfaction with what was happening with the Trumpet admission. It was a turn of events that stunned the reporter on CPS Sunday Morning, who had no idea apparently that this was being recorded.
Speaker 13: Right after our interview, CBS News posted a clip of it to promote this very report.
Speaker 1: It was that part where Musk.
Speaker 13: Criticizes Trump's spending bill.
Speaker 1: And his remarks became news. It went all the way up to the White House.
Speaker 17: Yeah, that's what news does. He's saying that, like, so, am I in trouble.
Speaker 1: I thought we were just killing time until we got another Patti LuPone apologizes updates. I don't like any of this, but let this be a lesson to Elon and anybody in Trump's orbit. Whatever your passionate political belief, whatever your ideology is, you will go from reaching for mind stars to dissolving in a puddle of your own urine in shame and starting a fight club with your kid just to be able to feel.
Speaker 5: Because Trump Trump, Trump doesn't believe in anything.
Speaker 1: Man, what were you with him? Because of his commitment to reign in big tech. They use big tech to censor you. They use the deep state to spy on you. And we have to make sure that we are protecting the American people's privacy and data rights. When I'm president, big tech will pay iTunes will have to agree to your terms and conditions. When I'm president, traffic lights will have to click on boxes containing pictures of you. Caption that. So, how's that libertarian paradise vision going for you? Now?
Speaker 7: The Trump administration is expanding its partnership with Pallenteer. The company is reportedly going to build a master list of personal information on Americans that could give President Donald Trump your meant surveillance power.
Speaker 1: It's never a good sign when the phrase master list and surveillance power are coupled. No one's ever like I've assembled a master list of puppies you can survey for boots. But hey, how evil can Vallaunteer be pal in the name? Well? Look, it's not like they're handing all of our data over to some crackpot CEO Well, let's not judge a book by its cover.
Speaker 9: The most effective way for social change is humiliate your enemy and make them poorer. I don't think in winlees.
Speaker 1: I think in domination.
Speaker 9: I love the idea of getting a drone and having light fentanyl laced you're in spraying on analysts who tried to screw us.
Speaker 1: Well, let's not judge a book by its insides. Well, I've always said, if there's anyone in the country who should have access to all of my personal data, it's the guy who wants drug laced urine spraying drones. Though if he is serious about that, he's going to need a source for a drug laced urine. I might know a guy. No, No, here's the thing. The reality is this. The reality of Trump is he turns even his most fervent and enthusiastic foot soldiers upside down. Take Dan Bongino, ex Secret Service agent, Fox News host and guy who looks like he starts fights at literally games even though he doesn't have a kid playing. He was very excited for the Trump era.
Speaker 6: Right now we're in charge and this is how shit gets done.
Speaker 2: Trump are freaking around. We are going to hold every one of these people accountable. It is time for total personnel warfare. Fire one hundred people on day one, fire, one hundred more fire, a thousand more fire.
Speaker 1: Everyone.
Speaker 6: We're good at flipping the script on dipshit liberal comedi's you know what's coming?
Speaker 1: What's coming? Does anybody know? Well that last part is going to make for some good b roll for an inside Edition story one day. Anyway, Trump made that guy deputy director of the FBI because of course, but look what is only three months on the job I have done to him. I gave up everything for this. I mean cash is there all day.
Speaker 6: We share offices or linked he turns on the faucet, I hear it. He's there at he gets into like six o'clock in the morning. He doesn't leave till seven at night. You know, I'm in there at seven thirty in the morning. You know he uses the gym. I work out in my apartment, but I stare at these four walls all day in DC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's called a job. You have a job. That's what they are. You going in a specific time six thirty seven around there to a specific room, mostly four walled, and you're there all day. It's worked. It's a job. Yeah, yeah, there probably is a dude in there that you hear all fucking day. He turns the water on you. Here, Hey, you look at it. He's chewing another sandwich.
Speaker 18: I hate this job. It's annoying. Yeah, it sucks. How do you not know that, for God's sakes, you're on the right. Haven't you even read Dilbert? For sake? Work sucks? And how are you just finding about this now? How was having a job.
Speaker 1: Now suddenly destroying everything?
Speaker 6: But I stare at these four walls all day in DC? You know, by myself's divorced from my wife, not divorce, but I mean separated, divorce, and it's hard.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, we love each other and it's hard to be a part. I mean it's just as hard. I don't like it. It's separated, I mean divorced. I'm not divorced. I was a divorce, but not separate. I'm separate together but not of course alone. But I go who know, I mean some people they leave for walk, Guys come over and come bang it. I don't know what's happening. Why can't she go to work? Why can't I just bring Can I bring my wife to work? Would that'd be okay. We all miss our wives. What the fuck? The only one who's gonna come out of there unscathed is Press Secretary Caroline Levitt, because I don't think she got any principles in there left to die.
Speaker 19: President Trump is truly the most transparent and accessible president in American history.
Speaker 1: We have truth on our side at this White House.
Speaker 19: I think everybody the American public believe it's absurd for anyone to insinuate that this president is profiting off of the presidency. It's frankly ridiculous that anyone in this room would even suggest that President Trump is doing anything for his own benefit.
Speaker 1: That's all he's doing. By the way, I think the more she lies, the bigger her cross gets. Is that possible. It's like some sort of weird Pinocchio cross. The president can't be bought. I'm not even upset with this lady, because just rolling with the punches is clearly the only strategy for happiness when you're working for Trump. Trump's very open secret has always been he doesn't believe in or care about any policy issue at all. He wants attention, he wants his egostroke, and he wants money. He wants frequads and fads of money. Remember his ninety deals in ninety days. He made them, but only for his family. Those are the only deals he made. Meanwhile, the world he said he was going to fix is burning like so many nuclear capable planes in Siberia. And don't bother trying to call him on it, because before you can, he's already moved on to pulling some new crazy thing out of his ass to distract us.
Speaker 20: President Trump is reposting false claims about former President Joe Biden, saying that Biden was executed in twenty twenty. Since then clones body doubles and wrote took Biden's place as president.
Speaker 1: You're saying that the Joe Biden, who doesn't even know where he is, is actually an incredibly advanced cloned robot. How much ketamine are you on.
Speaker 21: A lot?
Speaker 11: When we come back, Carol Cadwalader will be joining us. All right, Hello, where about to the Dail show? So I want to talk about my guest tonight.
Speaker 1: My guest Tonight is an award winning investigative journalist who writes the substacked newsletter How to Survive the Brologarchy. Please welcome to the program.
Speaker 21: Carol Cadwalader, you were joining me.
Speaker 1: Very surreal, it's very real. I want to introduce you to our audience who might be unfamiliar with your work. Carol was one of the first journalists that broke the Cambridge Analytica data story. This was many years ago, That's what I mean. Nobody was right about it. And give us a little bit of just that, that backstory of what happened when you exposed what this group was and what happened to you.
Speaker 22: Well, basically, Facebook lied repeatedly, you'll be shot rya. They said, no, I mean this with this company. Of course it didn't have our data. This is ridiculous.
Speaker 23: And then guess what.
Speaker 22: It turned out that this company, Cambridge Analytica, did have that data, eighty seven million people's Facebook data taken without their consent. And yeah, we broke that story and it turned out it was grossly illegal, and Facebook got fined a record breaking five billion dollars by the FDC, one hundred million by the SEC, hundreds of thousands of pounds in other countries around the world. And guess what, Nobody was ever held to account. So Mark Zuckerberg got away with it. Scot Frey, nothing actually changed, nothing changed, nothing changed.
Speaker 1: Actually, the one person who was put through the ringer doing all of this.
Speaker 22: Yeah that's yeah, well you well, that's the thing I say. In all of this, we found there was gross law breaking at every level by Facebook, by Cambridge Analystica, by the Leave campaigns in Britain, by the Trump campaign. And yeah, only one person got put on trial and that was me.
Speaker 1: Right, you were put on trial for disc this very true thing, and they really tried to destroy you.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 22: So, well it was a particular Brexitier who came after me.
Speaker 1: And the whole term brexitier makes it sound like Disney. I hate that. Yeah, I'm a Brexitier. You're a Brexitier. But they said not, thank god, I hope, what do you kid me? I'm in America. We don't care what happens there. No, but it is so. But you were on the cusp of does that story now, with Cambridge Analytica sort of siphoning the data from Facebook, weaponizing what would get people agitated, and trying to influence those elections, does that almost seem quaint by today's standards.
Speaker 22: I mean, I think it's the blueprints in many ways for what we're seeing now which is that it was the dream of big data, which is what could happen if you take millions of people's data, vast quantities of it. Because what they did, what Camidge Analytica did as well as getting access to all of these people's personal and it wasn't just you know, it's every post they'd ever put on Facebook, every post they'd ever liked, even their private messages. But they combined this with masses and masses of commercially available data.
Speaker 23: And then what they did is.
Speaker 22: They brought these together to create algorithms which they then use to target people. Was weaponized against them, to send them Facebook ads, to sort of provoke them in a certain way. And that is I think in many ways now you can see is the game plan of what we are seeing there, which is that there's a question about how effective Cambridge aallyitics methodology was. But the dream of it was this sort of big data surveillance engine in which they would know everything about everybody and they would know how to provoke you, how to sort of touch every single person, and how to manipulate us.
Speaker 1: Was the change of that because there is a sense you think of that sort of in the capital A sense of the consumer, a sense like if I'll be talking to my wife about a certain something and then the very next thing on Instagram is an advertisement for that very thing, and you think, oh, they've weaponized what we're interested in to get us to buy things. But this is a very different scenario, and that they've weaponized it to defang democratic processes.
Speaker 23: Yeah, and more.
Speaker 22: I mean, I think what is happening now in America is absolutely they are building a techno authoritarian surveillance state. We can see that happening in real time. This is huge amounts of data on every single person in America that can and will be used in opaque and unaccountable ways, and it is terrible.
Speaker 1: But on the plot side, so when you hear about that from Palenteer, is that are you describing something generally or are you describing exactly like Palenteer is getting all of our data that? I mean, that was what they announced.
Speaker 22: Well, it's DOGE is the sort of tip of the spear here. So this is this is Elon Musk's unvetted operatives going into every government department and they're going in to access the data bases of those separate departments. And now what's happening is that this company, Palenteer, owned by Peter teel a very interesting and.
Speaker 23: Did you see the adjective which adject shall I go for? We went for interesting?
Speaker 22: This company owned by Peter Teel right, is now amassing these different pots of data. It's putting it into one massive database where it's merging them. It's applying applying AI now to this database.
Speaker 1: And what is the AI's purpose? Is it to sift through the data to target you for messaging or is it also to prevent you from accessing government programs?
Speaker 22: I mean, it can be used in so many different ways, and I think that's a difficult thing, which is half of people to get their heads around. But this is a system of control. This is what other authoritarian countries do.
Speaker 1: And there's no regulation on this.
Speaker 22: By the way, there's no regulation. Basically, you had since we broke this scandal. It's twenty eighteen, the big story then, and you know one of the key things about it was you have no privacy legislation in the US. There is nothing to protect your data. You have no rights here whatsoever, apart from California now.
Speaker 23: Has a bill.
Speaker 22: So you had all of this time to do something about it, and you didn't.
Speaker 1: And that doesn't sound like us normally, We're quite prompt with this type of activity. I'll go even further. In the big beautiful Bill. There is a segment of that that says for the next ten years, they are not allowed, yes to legislate or regulate AI in any way, shape or form. It is prohibited by an Act of Congress. If this goes through, what does that do to this? It gives them a ten year head start on whatever it is they want to do with it.
Speaker 22: I mean, it's just it is the tech you know, it's the technocratic dream. I mean, this is what these tech bros want. They want to just build their beautiful AIS and do whatever they want in any way that they want, so that they can get to Mars and colonize it, you know, great glorious goals such as So.
Speaker 1: How does any of this square with their so called libertarian principles. It's nonsense. If there is a centralized control of data run by an opaque algorithm that nobody understands but them, I mean, and when they want to make changes grock for like a week, no matter what you asked, it would be like, do you know, South African farmers that are white or being killed, like they can do whatever they want, and is the idea we're supposed to just trust that it's in our best interest.
Speaker 23: I mean, it's the literal opposite of libertarian.
Speaker 22: But then that's always the thing you just have to whatever they say, you've just got to realize it's the exact opposite. So the idea that this is libertarian, which is a state controlled machinery to surveil and control every citizen in America, to deny them access to services, to make inferences about them, about anybody in the country, to label them domestic terrorists based upon you know what these different databases throw up. That is it's authoritarian. It's authoritarian, and it you know, and it's also the pathway to Fascism's that is what it is.
Speaker 1: And that's here's the other thing that really bothers me about it. So everything that we're doing to China, the tariffs and everything else, is because they don't play fair. They steal our ip, they steal our What is AI if not vacuuming up anything that is proprietary, not just about our work, but of our souls, Like it is sucking up everything that we are and using it for whatever they want to do. And what's our recourse to that.
Speaker 22: I mean, it's just it's based upon totally illegal behavior.
Speaker 1: It's just theft.
Speaker 23: It's that you have.
Speaker 22: You know, you have copyright laws are just property laws. You don't go into people's house and then just take their you know, their furniture and their their you know, their stereo and then you know, flog it on the eBay and claim that it belongs to you and keep the profit. I mean, that is literally what they are doing. And I mean this is this is the Silicon Valley model. This is the Silicon Valley model, and this is exactly what's now been transported into government, which is you break the law first, you see if you can get away with it, and generally you do.
Speaker 1: And do you see that? Is it different in the EU? Did they have a sense of the peril of this and they're acting more robustly? Is this something that you see in the United States as the wild West? Who is keeping an eye on this? And can we get our own AI to keep an eye on their AI?
Speaker 22: I mean, I think the point is in Europe the dangers of this are much more recent and much more present. So, you know, the country, the one country in the world which does really understand this is Germany, you know, and it was first it was Nazism and then it was communism, and both of those systems used technology to control and surveil people.
Speaker 23: And that's why there has been so.
Speaker 1: How if this is the Stazi, or this is the KGB, or this is the look this country is rife with examples of government MK ultra and FBI surveillance on Martin Luther King and John F. Kennedy and Robert Kennedy. You know, we are not unfamiliar with those kinds of police state activities. Is this of a different piece. Is it just that it's more opaque? Is it more efficient at doing it? Are we seeing something really different than we've seen?
Speaker 22: We are seeing something really different. It's really really systematic. What's happening there is already we are all of us emitting, you know, hundreds of thousands of data points a day, a week, which are you know, They're all being collected somewhere. And so the idea now that those can be brought together and merged in some vast database that is going to profile you, that is going to judge you that it's going to make assumptions about you and.
Speaker 1: You meet for predictive purposes when we.
Speaker 22: Use because it's now we're laying generative AI on top of that. I mean, you know how bullshit chat GPT is.
Speaker 23: I mean, it's that.
Speaker 1: What do you do I do my own work? What are you saying that these questions? I just plugged into chat GPT. But it's just easier, Carol.
Speaker 23: It is, But it's also just pretty dumb. It's stupid.
Speaker 22: It gets things wrong, It hallucinates, it makes up references, and that is This is that system which is going to be deciding whether you get Medicaid or not.
Speaker 1: That boy, did you just now? I think such a crucial point there, beyond even the more sort of dystopian visions of where they're going to be taking. This is the practical application of a technology that is wildly fallible. That is something that you know, they just put out the Maha Report and apparently there's seven studies in it that don't exist, and nobody thought like I wei should project.
Speaker 22: That And now you know, you know the whole thing of like trying to get through to customer services at any of these tech companies. If you've ever had you know, your Facebook account hacked or your Twitter account take there's no you can't get through to anybody. Now imagine that that is you trying to get hold of your whatever it is, your benefits or you know, the services security computer exactly. The computer has just said no, you don't have got no idea why what that's based on? And then like how do you how do you challenge that? How do you what do you do? I mean, that's that is the reality that is absolutely going to be faced. You know, millions of Americans are going to be facing.
Speaker 1: Right to try and contact and it won't be anybody. It'll just be for this press one. But nobody will ever come on.
Speaker 22: Exactly exactly, and and and and and and it's it's likely, you know, if you get turned down, like I said, you won't know why. But also there's no saying that it's based on accurate information whatsoever.
Speaker 1: And not transparent in any way by removing the people.
Speaker 23: Yeah, it's a black box.
Speaker 22: It's just everything it's going to go into some black box. It's going to get mixed up and it's going to spit out answers.
Speaker 1: So you've been looking at this for many years you have faced a great deal of personal repercussion for doing this. You continue to push on it. Is there anything that you've seen within this move that makes you feel like we have the ability to in any way slow the inevitability of it?
Speaker 23: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh, Carol, Carol.
Speaker 12: I've got Italia and I'm going to say this to the audience at all.
Speaker 1: I probably should have started there before everybody was on the ledge. What do you see.
Speaker 22: Because they're just like all of these tech bros. They are selling absolute bullshit. Okay, the whole AI, the whole AI scam is a scam, and they're making out that it's inevitable that we have to you know that they have to. We're having to chuck millions upon millions of dollars at Building Better II because the AI is otherwise going to kill us and it's going to come anyway, and it's inevitable. It is not inevitable. It is based upon illegal behavior.
Speaker 23: Take it.
Speaker 22: Challenge these companies in the courts, media organizations.
Speaker 23: Stop doing crappy deals with these people.
Speaker 22: They just did a really crappy deal with Open AI, or as I say, you know, if they married its rapist.
Speaker 23: They're rapist.
Speaker 1: This was the optimistic part of the show. This was the part of the show where you were going to bring us all back from the ledge. And look what you've done. They're all crying again.
Speaker 22: We can we have power, We can stand up to these companies.
Speaker 23: We have to stand up to these companies.
Speaker 22: We don't preobey, We don't make deals with open AI. We do try and stand up for our you know, defend our legal rights. This is law, okay. And that's the one thing which the tech companies, these Silicon Valley platforms, you know, just can't tolerate. And that is and that's always been their strategy, is that they subvert it and they get away with it. And they get away with it because they act fast. We don't realize till too late, and then it seems too late to try and try to do anything about it. So we can do stuff about it, and we can. Also is that you know, we are giving our data to these companies. We have to really think about that. You know, Instagram is not your friend. You shouldn't don't post your kids photos on there. I mean, if there's one thing to take away from that is that these companies are now allied to your government, which is a you know, I have to get out through the board during a couple of days time. So I'm slightly wary of what I say, but I mean, yeah, it's not in.
Speaker 1: A good place I understand. The only way I would push back is just to say Instagram is actually my only friend. Uh, Carol, I just I can't tell you how I'm pressed. I am with the work that you've done, that you continue to do, the way that you continue to stand up for this even when it has cost you such a great deal in your life. Be sure to check out Carol Substack It's How to Survive the Broligarchy, and her nonprofit called The Citizens. Is that correct? Correct? The Citizens?
Speaker 24: Carol Cadwaller, Oh, nobody lest something tonight before we good, We're gonna take it with your house for the rest of the week.
Speaker 1: Mister Michael cost the mic out, what do you got calls? This week? Michael Well John.
Speaker 4: June is the start of Pride Month, So this week we'll be celebrating all the things that I'm proudest of. My hairline, my athletic frame, and my early pre order of the Nintendo Switch to There's just so much to be.
Speaker 1: Proud of John, So I understand this month that was really more about like gay and lesbian pride, not just not just pride in general.
Speaker 4: I see, Well, uh, there was that one time I convinced a cop to tear up my speeding ticket, but I wouldn't say I'm proud of it.
Speaker 1: We won't elaborate Michael costs All this week.
Speaker 15: Who is.
Speaker 3: There is in your Times report today that accuses you of blurring a writing way between the New York Times?
Speaker 14: Is that the same publication that's got a pill as a prize for a false recording on on the Russia Gates? Is it the same organization?
Speaker 8: I got to.
Speaker 2: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Watch The Daily Show weeknights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount plus
Speaker 23: Paramount Podcasts