Speaker 1: Before we get to your brand new second Date update. Today, it's Brook and Jeffrey and you did find the Second Date Update podcast. We gotta go back because we asked y'all on Wednesday for the weirdest, most ridiculous question you've ever been asked on a.
Speaker 2: First day, and I love some of the responses. Yes, what's one that we got?
Speaker 1: All right, I gotta read Matthews, who said, y'all asked, and I'm going to answer it.
Speaker 2: They asked which toe is your favorite? I'm cringing while typing this.
Speaker 3: I've never even thought of a favorite.
Speaker 2: I mean, isn't it obvious that it's a pinky?
Speaker 3: Help your balance?
Speaker 2: My pinkies are a little weird from running, so I might have.
Speaker 4: My sister has a weird that she's flipping you off.
Speaker 3: It's longer than the other one.
Speaker 1: I think we lost our gained listeners. Maybe we'll do that again next week, Thanks Matthew. Basically, we just normalized your weird question. Time to start your Friday with a brand new second Date update, and this one definitely has a new method for dating that hopefully can eliminate all the swiping in the endless chats. So we'll see if it works starts right now.
Speaker 3: The second date updated.
Speaker 5: If you ask me and Brook, you'll probably agree with this. The dating world needs more ultimatums.
Speaker 2: No, Jack, Yes, No, are not ever good.
Speaker 5: Ever, I think maybe we need them because the more listeners we talk to, everybody seems so indecisive, so wishy washy, like, oh, maybe i'll date her, or maybe that other hot girl, or maybe I'll just stick with my wife.
Speaker 3: I don't really know what.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 5: Ultimatum suddenly sounding good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they stick to your wife? Like, what is happening?
Speaker 3: Ultimating?
Speaker 5: That's why I appreciate somebody who's actually willing to lay all their cards down on the table and say this is it?
Speaker 3: Take it or leave it?
Speaker 5: Apparently that's how our listener, Dustin rolls ultimatum style. Well that's the vibe I got from his email, Dustin.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Hey, how's it going, guys?
Speaker 1: Hey you sound like such a nice guy for being such a badasshole's amat a maker?
Speaker 5: Yeah, tell me if I was wrong, But it sounds like you like to play the dating game a little bit more straightforward.
Speaker 6: Yeah, totally, let's go, man, I mean I don't have that much time left. I'm not going to sit down and text all day.
Speaker 3: Oh I want to do?
Speaker 5: You do this?
Speaker 7: Here's my new role.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 7: When I talk to people, it's like, if I don't meet up with them right away, it pretty much just kind of sizzles out.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean I can see how that could happen.
Speaker 5: If you don't do that, you'll get strung along for weeks and months and maybe never even person.
Speaker 2: What is right away to you? What does that mean?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think like forty eight to seventy two hours, we should at least have like some kind of plan to hang out. But like if that plan's not established, and it's probably never gonna work out.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's actually.
Speaker 8: Kind of a rule.
Speaker 1: I kind of like that rule, like it's respecting everybody's time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dating runs on deadlines, and so that's good. Jes you gave Jessica the dating deadline.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 6: She I ended up just getting her number and then I pretty much like kind of took the conversation elsewhere off the app and then started texting from there.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's an important step because otherwise the app, you don't open it, you know, you don't reply.
Speaker 2: I don't check this.
Speaker 5: So once it got off of the apps, how did you and Jessica vibe?
Speaker 6: She's really really funny, So she pretty much was just saying like, hey, one time, no chat.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Did you turn it into an in person date pretty quickly?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: We went out for pizza. I love pizza. Oh you want to know the crazy part about that?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the only part I want to know.
Speaker 3: We'll start with the crazy part first. Start there.
Speaker 6: She looked really different from the photos that one on the profile.
Speaker 7: Different, not like a cat fish.
Speaker 6: I mean she was still like super cute, like for sure, but like different different, like different.
Speaker 1: Okay again, no, do you mean like she colored her hair a different.
Speaker 4: Color, maybe a full face tattoo that wasn't there before.
Speaker 7: No, nothing like that, but that would have been like totally cool.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: Overall though you liked what you saw in person.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she was cute. It was just different than what I expected. But could this be my perspective? A lot of the photos she had she was wearing sunglasses, so you could be misjudged through that.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, sunglasses now cover like seventy percent of the face they are, so now that we've covered the crazy eye.
Speaker 2: That was a crazy part.
Speaker 3: Now that we've.
Speaker 5: Covered all the crazy parts of the date, bring us to the boring, you know, mushy stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, that's my favorite. Jose wants to know how the rest of the date went.
Speaker 6: Everything normal about the day, but then there was like this one part that was really.
Speaker 3: Weird, going back to crazy again.
Speaker 6: It wasn't like super crazy, but it was just like one of those another different things than I thought.
Speaker 2: Okay, what happened.
Speaker 6: Well, on her profile, like she talks about like pilates, and a bunch of like pilates stuff is on her profile a right, so I was kind of I thought that was kind of cool about her. But every time I would talk to her about pilates, I swear she would just kept redirecting the conversation into something else.
Speaker 2: Huh weird.
Speaker 1: So it's either like you no, it feels like she either lied on her bio or you're talking to a different person than what you're thinking.
Speaker 2: That's what I means.
Speaker 5: About alexis you put stuff in your profile that you don't actually care much about.
Speaker 3: It's more of like a I love sports.
Speaker 1: I do. Like she was a collegiate athlete, she's more athletic than you.
Speaker 5: Jack, But she also says that she enjoys baseball even though she thinks it has a half time.
Speaker 4: In enjoy half times the game, not halftime, after stretch the second inning.
Speaker 5: Jack, I'm just saying maybe she isn't fully into pilates as much as she claims.
Speaker 2: On easier prop to put on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 1: Will say there is there is a phenomenon right now that if you aren't a die hard fan of something, you're not allowed to say that you like it.
Speaker 5: You know, how long has it been since you last spoke to Jessica.
Speaker 7: It's been like six days.
Speaker 2: Oh no, which is a long time.
Speaker 1: When you were moving so quick, you know, you had a pacing going, and it's dead.
Speaker 7: I don't understand because we both had such a great time. She said she had a great time. I had a great time.
Speaker 3: You know, let's try and keep the great times going.
Speaker 5: Come and we give this girl another ultimatum, saying, I am it's either go out with Dustin now or lose him forever.
Speaker 4: That's always the old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's just yeah, it just sounds more scary if you say ultimatum, We're gonna come back and do it with your second date right after this.
Speaker 3: So hold on.
Speaker 5: Today's second date update begs the question can you fully trust what you see in someone's dating profile, because our listener Dustin met up with a woman from Bumble who looked a little different than her picture.
Speaker 2: Bad though, just different, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like a good, good, different.
Speaker 5: And even though her bio talked about pilates a lot, she didn't really want to discuss it much on their date, which is.
Speaker 3: Kind of strange.
Speaker 5: But to be fair, my old dating profile said I'm Jewish, but any woman who met up with me would discover I'm not kosher and not good with money, so probably equally confusing.
Speaker 2: That's a really good point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you can't trust it fully from the dating profile. The good news is Dustin, despite the differences, really had a good time with her. It felt like they vibed in ways he hasn't in the two years that he has spent on this happ before.
Speaker 1: God, I really want this to work out for you, justin just because you have put in the time and the effort and you seem like a good guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thanks a lot, Brooke, I really do appreciate that about you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh, you appreciate that she compliments you well her her fingers are crossed right now, and she said that, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you wanted to tell everybody everything.
Speaker 5: Okay, I feel like there is some part of Brook that really is rooting for you today, justin yes.
Speaker 1: I am. I think this is going to be a simple like miscommunication or something, you know, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, yeah, possibly, I mean, I don't know. As long as you guys get me another date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, all right, Well, let's style Jessica right now. We'll see if she picks up and hopefully has a simple explanation for why she hasn't hit you back colin her right now, here we go.
Speaker 3: Huo, hey is this Jessica? Yeah, Hey, Jill.
Speaker 2: She's so cute.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 5: It's so nice to talk to someone who's like positive and perky when we're talking to them. Because we're doing a second Date Update.
Speaker 3: Most of our listeners are like, who is this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry?
Speaker 6: What? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sorry, threw a lot at you. We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, which you're on right now. Congratulations, Hi, okay, hi, and this segment is called second Date Update. I don't know if you've heard it before. But it's a thing where if somebody blows you off and you're not sure why, we can try to call that person for you to maybe figure out if there's a reason for it.
Speaker 8: Okay, I didn't blow anyone off.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, I mean, I guess I'm talking. She said sick.
Speaker 1: I mean he said six days. So maybe that's not blowing someone off to you. Maybe that's not enough time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because six days ago you went out with a guy who, at least according to him, felt like you had a really good connection. Afterwards, he feels like you've been pulling away a little bit.
Speaker 3: His name is Dustin.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I forgot about that one. Huh.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 8: I'm not trying to blow him off. I just don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: Oh Okay, I think it's pretty simple. You should text him and go out with him again.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 8: I mean, like, I don't know how much she told you or what you know, But I actually matched with Dustin a year and a half ago.
Speaker 1: A year and a half he said that you guys just met on the app.
Speaker 8: And that you Yeah. So when I got a text from him like a week ago, I was kind of confused because it was like, wait, this is weird, just kind of out of the blue. But I was just like whatever, and I was just like, long time, no chat.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: He said that you made a joke that you were joking because you had just been chatting with him.
Speaker 8: It wasn't a joke. It really was a lot time.
Speaker 3: Oh my wait, I'm confused.
Speaker 1: So you hadn't talked to Dustin in a year and a half on an app at all, is what you're saying.
Speaker 8: Right, it was just a year and a half ago. You never replied to one of my texts, ok, And then all of a sudden, Yeah, I get a text from him.
Speaker 2: And then you guys went to pizza, right, You didn't meet up?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 8: We got pizza, and I was kind of like, I wonder why all of a sudden he wants to talk to me now. But I was like, I remember he and I got along really well on Bumble, and so I was just like, yeah, sure, let's get pizza.
Speaker 2: And is he in a coma for a year and a half? Told us you went from the app to that, Yes.
Speaker 5: He met a year and a half, And that seems like a big miscommunication.
Speaker 3: What about that?
Speaker 2: It has to be the same person. It's the same.
Speaker 8: He kept talking about Pilates and how like you kept asking about it, and I was like, plat He's like, I don't have that in my bioen.
Speaker 3: That's the other girl. Ye oh no.
Speaker 8: But then I was like, oh, my gosh, Jessica is a really common name and my god thinking about it, and I was like, oh, shoot.
Speaker 5: You think that he went out with the wrong Jessica or texted the wrong Jessica in his fum.
Speaker 8: I mean it could have been another Jessica from Bumble.
Speaker 6: Wait.
Speaker 4: Wait, then you have him as Dustin Bumble. He probably has multiple Jessica Bumbles.
Speaker 3: That makes so much sense.
Speaker 2: Did you have fun with them? I did?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, I had a lot of fun with him.
Speaker 5: Even though you had to keep dodging his questions about pilates.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean, honestly, I didn't know what to say. I was kind of embarrassed, but like, we were really enjoying ourselves.
Speaker 5: So this makes sense why Dustin told us that she didn't look like the pictures from the girl that he matched with a.
Speaker 3: Couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Wait he said that, yeah, but he added that you were super cute. Oh, it's not like it was a disappointment. I think that's important to know.
Speaker 4: I also say you're both in the same spot, because he's like, I don't know where to go from here, and she just said I don't know where to go from here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bold and limbo, this is kind of perfect. Well, yeah, I guess that's it. Sorry, No, she tell her.
Speaker 2: Jeff tell her. She doesn't know how to tell him, and now she doesn't even have to.
Speaker 5: I guess the other option is, if you are interested. Dustin has been listening to this call on the other phone line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he knows everything.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, if he hasn't fainted already, Dustin you there.
Speaker 7: Holy I can't believe this happened. I'm such an idiot.
Speaker 2: I'm such an idiot.
Speaker 7: You guys were talking about it. I was looking through my phone and I saw all the different Jessica bumbles.
Speaker 8: How many Jessica even.
Speaker 7: Talking to I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm embarrassed, though, I mean, I'm I'm so sorry.
Speaker 8: Yeah, when you cut springing up Pilates, I was like, what why did he bringing this up?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 8: Did you want to see a move?
Speaker 7: I don't know what you're talking about, but I know I know now. I just I thought it was very interesting at the time, that's all.
Speaker 5: He was only asking because he thought that you were super interested in it. But that was a different Jessica Bumble.
Speaker 1: I mean now you need to maybe tell him what are your hobbies in interest because he has no idea.
Speaker 8: I actually love soccer and I love hiking, and I speak a little French, and yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Think I remember that from a year and a half.
Speaker 5: Ago, or was that the other Jessica Bumble Like Jessica Bumble number four.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's right.
Speaker 1: You could have saved so much time and headache in your life if you would have just gone out a year and a half ago.
Speaker 6: Broke You're so right again, I'm just such an idiot.
Speaker 5: Women do like hearing that, So that's a good thing for you to start saying. So, now that we've cleared up the big misunderstanding and you realize who each other are, you like each other at least it seems that way from our perspective. We'd like to offer to send you out on another date, Jessica, and we would pay for it if you say yes.
Speaker 7: Maybe this could be like a mistake that was meant to be.
Speaker 6: Oh well, see that.
Speaker 2: I need to turn it around. Come on, Dustin.
Speaker 8: I want to hear something from Dustin, and depending on what he says, maybe I'll say yes, Oh, what is it? Out of all this Jessica's, which one do you like best?
Speaker 3: If you tough an answer here, He's like Jessica.
Speaker 7: Eighteen, Well, to be honest, Look to be honest, Jessica, You're the only Jessica I had a real connection with all the other Jessica's I never even hung out with.
Speaker 2: Look at that, you're the.
Speaker 3: You're the only one that would talk to me.
Speaker 4: He's too honest.
Speaker 3: Did that answer your question, Jessica?
Speaker 8: It did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll go out again.
Speaker 2: I think they're so cute.
Speaker 5: Well, congratulations you two. You're going out again, and it's probably a good lesson for you.
Speaker 3: Dustin.
Speaker 5: You gotta put the year that you matched with the person next to their names in your contacts.
Speaker 4: I'm always like day.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping after this he doesn't have any more matches like this is it?
Speaker 7: I think after this, I'm not going to use the dating apps for a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, after two years, bro, you need a.
Speaker 7: Break, ye.
Speaker 2: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: See, that's why we do the second date updates, Jessica said she didn't.
Speaker 3: Know what to do.
Speaker 5: She was caught middy with a guy who thought that she was somebody else.
Speaker 2: God that is so it's my worst nightmare.
Speaker 5: It would be a turnoff obviously, but it was like super awkward, Like how do you even bring that up?
Speaker 3: The thing is that she wasn't a total stranger.
Speaker 5: They'd matched eighteen months before then, and like we heard, they seemed to be actually pretty cute together.
Speaker 2: I mean, sometimes it's all about timing, you know. Maybe maybe eighteen months.
Speaker 1: Ago he would have thought, oh, I just got on the dating apps, It's going to be awesome, and then now he's too year's in He's like, wait, it's not.
Speaker 5: Is there a part of me that thinks Dustin is texting the other Jessica right now, the one that he ghosted a week ago?
Speaker 2: How dare you even bring that up?
Speaker 5: On's remember, he is a guy and we're addicted to the chase. Hey, hopefully he can just focus on the current Jessica and the good thing that they have going.
Speaker 2: Why would you even put that in his head? If he's listening, if you're.
Speaker 4: Listening, change the other Jessica's to do not text yeah.
Speaker 2: Or just delete their number. That's even easier.
Speaker 5: You know, never say never yeah, but remember you can listen to all of our Second Date updates on Spotify, Apple, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: A Brook and Jeffrey