Speaker 1: Jay Sean and Lil Wayne this morning on Kiss FM. I think Tuesday is a good day to address this work life balance. It's almost become cliche. How's your work life balance? Oh, I'm achieving work life balance? But are you not? Really? I mean, I don't know that we have work life balance. I think that we have. We're better at sort of like saying we have boundaries, and I think that it's more accepted now. I remember, like years ago, if you weren't on your phone and available at all times, people look down on you. Now they actually kind of appreciate it when you say I'm put my phone down. But are you really achieving work life balance? I mean, you have a couple of jobs here, so does it ever really slowed down? I mean, Biataka be asking you something all the time, right, or a program.
Speaker 2: Director anybody for that matter, Like I have to answer my phone if JoJo's calling me, or anybody or any of the jocks at all times.
Speaker 1: And Tony, do you think you have good work life balance?
Speaker 3: No, because the problem is I don't know. I can't not do something. So like I took on the book, which is like a huge project that kept me so busy for like two and a half years. On top of what I do.
Speaker 1: We kind of like don't know what tomorrow will bring. You think of the pandemic. It's like that was so weird. We don't know what tomorrow will bring. And so there's two schools of thought. One is like you've got to just like make hay while you can, and the other is or make life while you can. And it's hard to balancely intersect those two ideals, I think. But like, for example, Belinda is here and Belinda works in my office. So Belinda, I'm just gonna announce right now that my phone is dead from Friday like noon till Sunday night. Okay, that's my work life balance. But the problem is will I actually do it? No, I'm gonna try, but will I actually do it? I mean, that's the thing you say, and then all of a sudden you break your own rule. Right, And so many young Americans today are children of immigrants, and they say, you feel some of them feel pressure to succeed because of the sacrifices their parents make.
Speaker 2: I can see that. Yeah, I feel that way.
Speaker 1: So where are you with work life balance? There's no conclusion to this. I just wanted to bring that.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Like if you had to rate your work life balance on a scale of like zero percent is you have horrible work life balance, and one hundred percent is you have great work life balance, where would you rate yourself?
Speaker 2: Ciny I would say, I'm like a eighty percent.
Speaker 3: Wait, what does that mean? I know I gave the scale, but.
Speaker 1: Now I'm confused. I think she's at eighty percent.
Speaker 3: Oh, good balance.
Speaker 2: I think I'm okay. I you know, I try to get all my work done as far as like everything that I need to do for all my other jobs here at Kiss's done done before I leave the station, so that I'm not at home on my laptop doing that work, you know, and then if anything comes through where I have to like answer the phone for a phone call, it's just like a phone a quick phone call or a text. It's not actually me on the couch or me at the dinner table on the laptop.
Speaker 1: And Mark, Yeah, I sent you this topic right, yes, this year, said at three o'clock this morning.
Speaker 2: You sent a topic about work life balance at three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because clearly I need to work on it. Jikes, Lucky you guys didn't get this at three in the morning in the back room. That's ironic, trying to break in slowly, I mean work in progress. My good news is Mark responded at four, so everybody needs to focus on this. That's why I brought it up. That's a conclusion. Oh my gosh.