Speaker 1: Hey there, fan Rito's welcome to part two of our interview with Dave Coolier. Dave has officially kicked cancers, but it has been so eye opening to hear his journey and the incredible strength he's managed to keep through it all. There is still so much more to catch up on and so many great stories and lots of laughs and lots of fart noises.
Speaker 2: So without further ado, here's Dave.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So then we got the test back. They said, we analyzed biopsy. Now this is probably three weeks ago, and they said there's zero, there is nothing, and so I said, I'm cancer free.
Speaker 3: And then they said, well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going to do one more pet scan just because it's kind of like an insurance policy.
Speaker 3: So I'm still going to do that in a few more weeks.
Speaker 4: But they just said, look, it's it's not going to show anything because you responded exactly how you're supposed to respond and there's nothing. There's no cells. So okay, that is easy. We had to have the talk and I said, now, I said, look, here's where everything's buried, and you know, this is what you're going to do, and this is who you know, this is where everything is and I want you to know where the passwords are and and everything. So we had the talk and it was it was surreal. We were just sitting there going, we're having the talk right now.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, that's a weird one to have.
Speaker 4: But you know, we look back at it now and it was like, wow, we were we were really thinking rationally through this ARFICD.
Speaker 5: How like it's like your your brain goes into you, like emotions sort of get over here.
Speaker 6: You're like, this is just what we have to do and we're going to get through it.
Speaker 5: And you're like, wow, it almost feels like robotic when there's just like you're like, I how you managed to like get things done, but you just sort of put all the emotion aside and go through.
Speaker 6: Like okay, so what's your password? If you die?
Speaker 5: You're like, wait what, Yeah, it's yeah, it's it. I just am so glad that you have Mel, Like there's nobody else in the world that uh would take care of you like that, So it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Maybe Joel's assistant Marge.
Speaker 6: Marge might have.
Speaker 5: Marge smoking the whole time, though, Yeah, cashing into your IV bag. I don't know that that's I don't know that you might get rid of the glass in your lungs though.
Speaker 6: You just h yeah, you just be full of cigarette ash.
Speaker 3: So there's another Here's another thing I have to tell you guys.
Speaker 4: Yesterday Beth Correll, yes, texted me Rich got a double lung transplant and he's leaving the hospital I think today. Yeah, it was like a week or something, right, Yes, Yes, a double lung transplant. And you know I talked to him a month or so ago when he was trying to get on the waiting list. Yeah, I don't know a big guy, you know, I'm seventy five, and you know, they wanted to go to a young person, you know, And so I was like whow. And then he texted me and he said, I'm on this list now, I'm just waiting because it's a double lung transplant.
Speaker 3: So it had to be two. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So he's accepting it. His system isn't rejecting anything. But I mean, I guess you guys have already explained to your audience who Rich Correll is.
Speaker 3: I'm sure Rich Carrel is one of.
Speaker 5: Our amazing directors, and he was a producer on a manner of things that we've all done.
Speaker 4: So and he was what Richie on child actor Yeah, and his father was Andy of Amos and Andy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like they were the most famous comedy team on radio. And it's weird because I guess we can talk about this.
Speaker 7: This is something that is is very outdated and and is part of our our weird historical past. But they were on the radio, but they were an extremely popular show.
Speaker 4: They were the biggest stars in the world. And you know, and rich hung out with Boris Karloff was like.
Speaker 5: You know, like to make things in the little weird things in the basement, make stuff pretty incredible. But I heard that he had that double lung transplant and I was like, oh my god, that's incredible, and that he was like up the next day walking around and doing It's really interesting now, like the difference between you know, thirty years ago, it was like you had something replaced, a knee, a hip, along whatever. It was like you laid in bed and you didn't do anything and you just stayed there. And now they're like, actually, that's the worst thing you can do. Your body needs to sort of keep going in order to you know, acclimate itself.
Speaker 6: So it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Wow, Yeah, So I was really happy that, you know. She texted me that good, Yeah, because I always used to do that, Hey you Ricky, what's your name? And I'm like, uh, Gilbert, and so I texted.
Speaker 4: I texted Beth back and I said, tell Ricky that Gilbert says hello.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Rich could never remember a lot of people's names. Like he still calls me Andrea, like he's never gotten my name.
Speaker 5: Right, years there was an ex or something of his that was Andrea, and so he's like it just comes.
Speaker 6: Out, and I mean Andrea, Andrea Andria.
Speaker 2: Right, He'll just say, like, hey, big guy. He just calls everybody these little nicknames instead.
Speaker 5: Look as you get older, just call people random nicknames and then you never have to remember their names. It makes it much easier. That's a good strategy, buddy, Buddy, I.
Speaker 4: Had a friend who was a really bad alcoholic, and he just just called everybody Jimmy, Hey, Jimmy.
Speaker 2: It looks like simplifies things, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He called Stamos. John knew him.
Speaker 4: My buddy's name was Digger was his nickname, and he called Stamos Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Stamos, oh man, Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I couldn't remember anybody's name. So everybody was Jimmy, I was like, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: It's so hard to believe that we're in this stage of life where this is like people are having lung transplants or cancer or we're losing.
Speaker 2: People, Like what do we were doing? Ful House?
Speaker 1: People were getting married and having babies and getting married again, and now We're approaching this next stage of life and I'm just not quite ready for it. I'm not quite ready to accept that, because that's really it's very sobering.
Speaker 3: Boy.
Speaker 4: I really am a spark of humor for your show, are I?
Speaker 2: You are?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 1: You're a bright spot because we just we love you so much, and even if you came on and cried and were depressed today, you know we would love it. We would just love you in any form funny.
Speaker 8: I'm going to do that as soon as I fine, did.
Speaker 1: You ring the bell? I know last time we text you you hadn't rung the bell yet.
Speaker 3: You can't do Billy the Bell.
Speaker 2: You can't do Billy the Bell.
Speaker 3: You guys want to explain who Billy the Bell was? No, No, okay.
Speaker 6: I can't edited out anyway.
Speaker 3: So I can't do any of my characters.
Speaker 2: You can do well, but you can't do Billy the bell.
Speaker 8: You can't do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: I can't do any of my characters back in the day.
Speaker 2: Did you ring the cancer bell? That's the question.
Speaker 4: I was so excited to get out of there after the last one that we walked out and we're driving home and Mel goes, you forgot to ring the bell?
Speaker 3: And I said, oh, yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 2: That's all right when you go back for your pet scan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and let's talk about the other great news, if that's okay.
Speaker 3: You're a grandpa, I am a grandpa.
Speaker 2: You're a recent grandpa. What's the timeline of all of this? When was the baby born? And then when did you get the good news that your cancer?
Speaker 4: The good news the day the baby was born. So I heard the news. I heard the news, and I was so excited. And then Luke uh called ust and he said, hey, maybe just.
Speaker 3: You know was born. So I mean it was an amazing day.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I didn't know it was the same day. Yeah, Dave, that's incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really amazing, you know. So we were like, oh, this is just too much.
Speaker 2: That's poetic, you know, Oh.
Speaker 3: My gosh, he's really healthy, healthy, great little baby.
Speaker 4: His name is chance Lee Chance and seven pounds six ounces and we will see him in I think twelve days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, twelve.
Speaker 2: That's so great.
Speaker 3: Because we're in Michigan and they're out in Sacramento.
Speaker 6: So okay, yeah, last, where's Luca? Where's Luke these days? Sacramento?
Speaker 4: And he's in Sacramento and he's a pilot for FedEx and he flies out of Oakland or San Francisco.
Speaker 5: So I should go to him about any of my packages that are running a little bit late or late, and I'll be like, you know, let me.
Speaker 6: Make a call.
Speaker 4: He told us last night because he sent us something, a hockey card that he wants me to get signed by one of the Red Wings here because.
Speaker 3: He wants to give it to his son like I.
Speaker 4: Did when he was a baby. So he's keeping the tradition going. So he said to us, did it show up okay? Like and we were like yeah, he said, because he goes. FedEx Air is great. You know, we deliver everything on time and it's and it's great. FedEx Ground is kind of a different arm of the company and they they sub contracted out to you know, a lot of different companies.
Speaker 3: So you'll see like our hertz van show up.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, what's this and it's it's you know, it's FedEx. So so he was explaining that to us last night, and so I guess there's a new CEO in the.
Speaker 3: Company and there's big changes coming.
Speaker 6: So that's my episode brought to you by FedEx.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, we had so we had Jim Falconstein on the show recently. Are prop masks from Fuller House with the Suxedo Anyway, he was on recently and he said he felt Bob's ghost on twenty four. He was like, I just feel like he's like he comes in and pops around there, and I was like, that would be about right. He's just looking to get into a scene talk to somebody.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I have Bob enters my dreams like all the time. And I didn't realize how much Bob was a part of my subconscience. But there are so many bits that I could only do with Bob because I had to connect on this just nuts level.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: It takes a certain kind of person that you to meet you to match your your crazy you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I'll you know, and I'll think I'll be driving in my truck somewhere, I don't think, Oh my gosh, I got to tell Bob, and I'm like, I can't.
Speaker 3: There's no and there's no one I can you know, share this bit with because they're just going to go, you're out of your mind.
Speaker 4: I can't do the fishing line I reeled Bob in from across the room.
Speaker 3: I can't do that. I can't, you know.
Speaker 4: And every Christmas, around the holidays, Bob would sing like what is it?
Speaker 3: The song and the bells or.
Speaker 4: You know, it would go on for like, you know, you've got messages from Bob.
Speaker 3: It was like a five minute voicemail where he wouldn't stop right And I have I have.
Speaker 4: I've saved everyone's voicemails since twenty oh six. Oh wow, wow, I've saved all these voicemail.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I'm going to do with him.
Speaker 4: But occasionally, when I'm thinking of Bob, I'll go back and I'll go, oh, here's a beauty from twenty eleven.
Speaker 5: You know, that's one of the weird sort of benefits of you know, this digital age we live in. Is it used to be you could never you would realize you couldn't hear that person's voice again, or you couldn't you know, And now we have all these little ways to sort of keep them alive and laughing and remember them.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, and just in videos, you know, videos that he would.
Speaker 3: Send me and just yeah.
Speaker 5: And it was always very busy. He's like, this is my life. I'm very busy.
Speaker 2: He would call you to tell you he's busy and he can't talk right now.
Speaker 3: I gotta go. I don't like you called me. I gotta go. O. Don't just don't call me next time.
Speaker 6: This is almost all the whole things. And it was so weird that you were just like.
Speaker 10: I don't even know what it's supposed to, you know, I have no idea and that, and he loved doing the theme from uh and open his Chest.
Speaker 3: That I can recall what Bob you used to do. That was a song called Incense and Peppermints.
Speaker 5: It's a great song, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we turned it into something totally weird.
Speaker 4: And it's funny because I will start it and everybody kicks in.
Speaker 6: I think the.
Speaker 5: Next uh, you know, in ye many years from now, when someone one of us has crossed our little rainbow bridge. I think we need to all the remaining members of the Valouse cast need to sing that in a choir.
Speaker 1: Yes, at the funeral, it's fine.
Speaker 4: And then go and then take it on the road and do it as a Christmas carol.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: And whoever in the casket is the ghost of Christmas past?
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 4: Well, it's got to be me, John and Bob, right, I mean you got to be the first three to go, oh God, don't.
Speaker 2: See that, Dave, don't see that.
Speaker 5: And there's no way to respond to that because you're like, no, but sort of.
Speaker 6: But also the chances are one of us could go You're.
Speaker 2: Like, that's I know.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised the rest of us are still here.
Speaker 5: Well look, I'm throwing myself down as many stairsas.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, Jody, I mean, man, yeah, you're one step away from wearing a hockey helmet, you are.
Speaker 6: I should just wear hockey pads all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah that I you never know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this has.
Speaker 5: Been so wonderful to see you, Dave. I'm just it makes me so happy to see your face and.
Speaker 3: Thank you, and I'll have hair hopefully. I'm doing a mic Binder movie called Hire People.
Speaker 4: Oh no wait, end of May and into June, and it's about the two guys who started AA.
Speaker 3: It's actually a really great bill.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a great movie that was out in the early eighties seventies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Tim Allen's in it and Chris Rock and me and uh Scooter McLain.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: I think Dane Cook is in it. I forget, but yeah, like a lot of comedians. But but I play Abbie Thatcher, who is Bill W's be And Abbie Thatcher was really the guy who started AA.
Speaker 6: It was the first one that went out and shared the message.
Speaker 4: Yes and yeah, because he would go in the Oxford group and then he talks Bill W. They were big drinking buddies and they did some pretty wild things in their day.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna be nice to do a period piece.
Speaker 4: It's a use first in the nineteen thirties and nineteen thirty seven.
Speaker 5: So that's a very story here to my heart, and I love yeah.
Speaker 6: The legend and sort of lore around that.
Speaker 5: I mean it's you can go back to Akron, Ohio and the house is there, and yeah, it's pretty impactful.
Speaker 6: They've change again, changed a lot of people's lives. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so by letting the worst.
Speaker 6: Parts out, which is kind of what I think teaches.
Speaker 5: Everybody the biggest lessons and sort of humanizes all of us, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's minutes. Yeah, it definitely peels away the layers, you know. It's yeah, you know, talk about exposing who you really are, you know, I mean, that'll do it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 6: I said hello, and we send our love.
Speaker 3: I will.
Speaker 4: Are you doing stand up? I see little bits here and there promoting I am?
Speaker 6: And I actually need to call back.
Speaker 5: A Craig Shoemaker because he keeps wanting me to open for him when he's doing some shows here in LA.
Speaker 8: But I did.
Speaker 5: I did my friend Jeremiah's stand up show again, stand up on the Spot, which is you go in front of the audience and they just yell out things and you build a routine around you know whatever ten minutes are.
Speaker 3: It's fun.
Speaker 5: But I opened for I was right before Polly Shore and oh my god, that was insane.
Speaker 6: Talk about insane. It was such a it was a hilarious show.
Speaker 5: Everyone's phones were locked away, so let me.
Speaker 6: He went went off and it was wild.
Speaker 5: But it was really fun. So that's that was a clip that just came out. And then I'm starting another a new live show here in LA that is going to be a comedy pageant.
Speaker 3: Comedy pageant, interesting, a comedy pageant.
Speaker 5: We're going to make comedians compete in typical pageant things.
Speaker 6: It's called Yeah, it's going to be called the Smoke Show with Sweeten.
Speaker 5: A comedy pageant where they have to do talents, but they don't know what talents they're going to have to do. They just answer ridiculous questions, you know, all kinds of fun stuff. So should be really fun and everybody seems to be very when you're.
Speaker 3: Out in LA, you'll have to go that's great.
Speaker 4: You know, sometimes I miss it, you know, I if I you know, wake up and I'm oh, that would be a funny bit, or this would be a funny bit, you know. But to actually go out and do it and try to get a new hour together, it takes.
Speaker 3: A year at least. And you got to be gone.
Speaker 4: And when Adam Sandler was here, he played Little Caesar's Arena, and Kevin James was there, and Rob Schneider and Binder went up and did a set, and we're standing there and it's seventeen thousand people and I'm standing backstage.
Speaker 3: Mel and I just went to go hang out.
Speaker 4: And so we're I'm standing there and Binder's on stage, and Kevin James is next to me, and Adam's next to me, and we're just kind of looking at seeing, you know, like, how's he doing. He's doing okay, He's doing good. Because that was just when Mike was starting to do stand up again. So so Sandler looks at me.
Speaker 3: He goes, you want to go up and do five?
Speaker 4: And I go no, there's seventeen thousand people and I've been on stage in three years.
Speaker 3: I said, I'm not going to go. Goes, come on, You're like the hometown kid here, come on, go up and do five. And I'm like, I'm not going up to do five. This isn't This isn't the original room at the Comedy Store.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, right, this isn't the Comedy Store.
Speaker 4: Yeah, were seventeen thousand people who paid a lot of money, and I'm going out, hey, where are you from? You know, I want to do some crowd work. But it was fun. It was very tempting to like eh, you know, but it is.
Speaker 5: It's fun and I'll never forget Binder gave me, you know, my first chance to get up on stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's great.
Speaker 6: Lean to me.
Speaker 3: Are you still enjoying it? Is?
Speaker 8: I love it?
Speaker 5: I love it, and I you know, I've actually this been getting better at the writing part of it because I tend to be like, oh god, I've got to write event and I'm like, you don't have to write, sit and write an hour in an afternoon.
Speaker 6: You know, you're not going to just like pecket things that you.
Speaker 5: Write down on your phone and set a timer for twenty minutes and write, And chances are I usually go for an hour and a half, you know, So it's just doing that stuff.
Speaker 6: But I mean, you know me, I love any chance to be.
Speaker 5: A ridiculous, smart, sarcastic funny. I learned it from you guys. It's my favorite. You know.
Speaker 3: It seems like you're ready to do some Colonaska peace. I think you're really I haven't.
Speaker 6: Who says I haven't?
Speaker 3: Wow? Well, I hope that ends up behind you. Get that one behind you.
Speaker 2: It's a probing question, it really is.
Speaker 3: But things are looking out crappy way to make a living. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 5: I feel like, oh my gosh, I love you.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys too, and and thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Oh it was just it really made my heart feel so good to see you and see your smiling face. You look so good. I don't know what I was expecting. But you know, after the year you've had a shamble of a man.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know, your body swells up from steroids and all this stuff they're pumping into you.
Speaker 3: So my face is just starting to slim down.
Speaker 4: I'm letting know my hair grow out because I don't know if I was like, am I going to have any you know, like, am I going to have to shake?
Speaker 3: So I'm just letting it kind of go wild right now.
Speaker 6: But is your is your back hair back there?
Speaker 3: I know that's good.
Speaker 4: No, but my whole body is itchy because you lose all your hair or most of it, and then it's growing back and you just you know, the hair follicles are coming and it's just like so itchy.
Speaker 3: It's just awful.
Speaker 4: But yeah, just weird weird side effects. My fingernails all fell off.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's fun. Yeah, oh yeah, all this But.
Speaker 5: My friend Shannon had that happened to ooh you know what's great for neuropathy.
Speaker 6: I'm sure you already have one of.
Speaker 5: These those little like vibrating sort of things.
Speaker 6: That you can put your feet on.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's it increases.
Speaker 5: Like blood circulation and all this stuff. Scalon got in one because he was hiking a bunch of like, oh, my cave's hurt. But my friend Shannon, who just recently finished well not recently, but like a year and a half ago, finished really severe chemo for colorectal cancer, and she still has really bad neuropathy, and so she.
Speaker 6: Tried that out and I wound up bringing her one, and she's like, oh my god. It's helped so much, like restore some of.
Speaker 5: That inner And it's just all the weird shit that goes along with it that you don't even that you don't know unless you've been through it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I went out I skated yesterday with a group of guys just in our in our sweats, and you know, got out there and and you know, just trying to shoot pucks.
Speaker 3: It was just like, wha, this is different. Oh wow, Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: It's all I wish they would tell you at the beginning of it, like, Okay, here's the hundred things that can possibly happen to you.
Speaker 3: And you know, in the beginning, they're like, oh, you know, well, you know you.
Speaker 4: Might get dizzy, you get this or that, and I'm like, what about the other fifty things like that?
Speaker 3: But I never crapped my pants.
Speaker 4: I heard people grab their pants and well not specific No, I say that you have grapped.
Speaker 6: Your pants, just not do to chemo. Let's be very close.
Speaker 3: I say, yeah, for special occasions.
Speaker 5: So uh, I mean instead of ringing the bell, you should have just grapped your pants.
Speaker 8: On the way.
Speaker 3: Yes, I should have.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's certainly a way to sing.
Speaker 5: But I think you well.
Speaker 4: Why our conversation always kind of evolves.
Speaker 3: You know, we could talk about when we started.
Speaker 5: Out serious and then we're like enough of you.
Speaker 4: Know, at some point it's going to evolve into you know, talk.
Speaker 6: As only as only you could.
Speaker 4: Well, when you get someone as high poopoo, you kind of but it's like it's.
Speaker 5: Like what you would call your dog, or you're like your best friend or you know you.
Speaker 3: Or adults in your life or the adults in your life, right, you know, Yes, it's kind of like our version of Jimmy.
Speaker 6: It's true.
Speaker 5: Everybody's everyone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jimmy the Booger, Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Booger, Yes, Jimmy Boger.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, we're so proud of you, Dave, just like you so much. I'm so glad that you've that you're able to turn this into something that you know, really helps people.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the reason you go through miserable is so that you can turn around and then help somebody else through it.
Speaker 4: When Yeah, it's it's a journey that you know you cannot prepare for, but it's now part of my life, and it's a journey that I.
Speaker 3: Can talk about and talk about it.
Speaker 4: You know, hopefully it inspires other people to, you know, be very aware of what's going on with your body and check in with your doctors and means a lot.
Speaker 3: So sending love to you guys.
Speaker 1: Love to give her acause of course, Yeah, give her a credit and a debit from me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he says, I haven't.
Speaker 6: My friend, you know what I mean?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Yeah, oh my gosh, I'll give her a little visa if you're feeling yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, feeling I'MI reader, Yes, I'm.
Speaker 6: Like a weatherman on like the news.
Speaker 4: I'm chip reader. Would you like a credit or debit? Well, let's wipe up to the weather, shall we looks like it's gonna be blustery out there with a good chance of snow.
Speaker 3: I think our weather's gonna blow. Goodnight, everybody. I don't you.
Speaker 6: Should have gone upstage and on that five. If this is the kind of material.
Speaker 4: That i've I've yeah, no, I've I've evolved into just really bad pull my finger and Dad jokes, it's awful.
Speaker 6: Now, it's what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 3: I said to my son.
Speaker 4: You know, everybody was, you know, teary eyed and everything, you know in our texting when the baby was born, and I said, I cannot wait to see that kid's expression on his face after he pulls my finger for the first time.
Speaker 3: And there was just like no one responded, killed the moment, okay, get it, killed the moment.
Speaker 4: And then ha ha, Like five minutes later, I just got that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, gee, they're sleep deprived.
Speaker 2: Give him, give them grace. They they're sleep deprived.
Speaker 5: Three times bazillion.
Speaker 1: We love you, okay, yes, and send us privately, send us pictures of the baby.
Speaker 8: When you you see the baby.
Speaker 2: I want to see him.
Speaker 5: I need to I want to see mister you guys you.
Speaker 3: So great.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, my heart, Yeah.
Speaker 1: My heart is so full, Like he's wow, he's he's incredible. He's incredible, so positive. Never stops going like he's doing a movie soon, like rest like rest or go on vacation, like he deserves a break from.
Speaker 5: This busy Yeah, he's looking for something to do now that the house is built and he doesn't have to you know, be out there back going things with his little tractors.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's the best. He's the best, really.
Speaker 5: And I can't I'm so so grateful that he's okay and that he's able to raise awareness. You know, today is also the anniversary of my best friends Celia's sister passing who will lightly younger than I from colworctal cancer.
Speaker 6: And so, you.
Speaker 5: Know, again it's a it's just something like we all need to be really aware of.
Speaker 6: And take care of ourselves.
Speaker 5: And and I know it's not easy and not everybody has the same ability to do that, but if you can, please do and uh and you know, find out ways that you can get tested, keep yourself healthy, you know, all the things that that are out there and available to help us through this kind of stuff. So but yeah, just a it's an impactful day today to kind of raise awareness all this stuff.
Speaker 1: So absolutely interest your intuition to if something doesn't feel right, Like I'm glad that Melissa told him go check out that you're you know, the growing thing. I'm thank goodness he did that, you know, I just because I would.
Speaker 5: Have probably been like, oh, it's fine. It's you know, like how many times do we all do that thing? We're like, oh, that's not good, and then all of a sudden it's.
Speaker 6: Like that could be a very big deal. You get older, little things are bigger deals.
Speaker 1: So and I'm I I had no idea the last few weeks how when he finished his chemo treatment and then it got the rhinovirus and was in the hospital.
Speaker 2: I didn't know any of that, And I'm either I.
Speaker 1: Would have what I would have freaked out, like I would have lost it if I had known that that was happening while waiting for the news. Yeah, that's that's just very sobering. So wow, I feel extra extra grateful today, you know, extra love and extra grateful.
Speaker 5: Well as usual, guys, you know where to find this Howard podcast, send us an email Howard Tanabritos at gmail dot com.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just check us out wherever.
Speaker 5: And we hope that you know, raise awareness, take care of yourselves, take care of your family, and we love you guys.
Speaker 6: And uh, the house is.
Speaker 5: Full of fart noises because very full of old Yeah, so many noises. You should probably go out on the patio, yeah, or into the expansive backyard.
Speaker 1: I would have all the farts.
Speaker 8: I love it.