Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I've been stati back along with Carol Masser. We're joined by Red Brown. He's Bloomberg News earnings reporter. He's also got his ion stocks on the move today, Red, what's on your radar?
Speaker 3: Yeah, first one is actually Broadcom the big kind of earnings report from this evening, and the ticker for that is a v g O. Shares were sort of bouncing around after the report there. I think it's kind of giving me the same vibe as in the video where we're trying of waiting for more of the commentary during the call. But again, it's it's this idea that you know, the enthusiasm for AI is gone, not gone, but it's like it's well understood at this point.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So you know, the company gave they reported sales pretty in line. They gave an outlook that was pretty It was above estimate six point two billion for the upcoming quarter versus estimates five point eight two billion. So there is still growth there, There is still demand. But I think we're just starting to kind of enter this period of normalization. So I think that's maybe why we're seeing the share sort of temper.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got it, I got it, I got it right, Yeah, you're right. I mean, right now we're looking at shares a broadcom very little changed here in the after hours.
Speaker 1: Right Lulu, what's going on there? I mean a struggle.
Speaker 3: What a eye opening report from from Lulu today. You know, I go through I've been through hundreds, probably thousands of earnings releases, and I don't think I've seen sort of like such.
Speaker 4: I thought I was gonna say, I've been through one hundred thousands of like yoga pants its protesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not not going here though, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: But it's rare to see a CEO be like this sort of vocal about using this sort of strong language about the lack of execution that he's seeing and the disappointment within that the results and things like that. So I think that really speaks to where Lulu's ad at the moment. Shares it down I think forty seven percent last time I checked for the year. That makes it the fourth worst stock in the S and P five hundred. So yeah, a really sort of eye opening report from the company, and the weakness is that it's the US. It's the US business. Shares fell three times more than an excuse me, sales fell three times more than expected or faster than expected in the US. But then if you look outside the US, shares jumped seventeen thirteen percent. But the problem is they get two thirds of the revenue here. So yeah, it's really struggling with the US market at the moment.
Speaker 1: We're hearing from the company executives right now on the call Demninimus closure hit profit guidance. The CEO says product cycles too long, assortment stale. The company said expects twenty to twenty five percent growth in China, one to two percent revenue decline in the US, and markdowns increased more than expected in the second quarter.
Speaker 4: So stock down like thirteen percent here in the aftermarket to get hammered in a big way. American Eagle, that's a stock that we saw move in a big way in the regular session.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually had its best day ever in I think it's almost thirty years now that they've been public, so I think surge around thirty eight percent last time I checked, before I came up here, and yeah, I don't know. I think it's more evidence that the Y two K kind of brands are coming back. Here. It seems like the company is pointing to their obviously their ads that everyone sawalking about with Sidney Sweety also Travis Kelcey seems to be really paying dividends. Actually, I mean all the controversy that that first ads started up, sounds like the company said they this was an incredible quote as well, they saw new shoppers in every county in the US. I think that that was just really incredible to see just how wide spread this is. That's it when you think about, you know, all the different sort of counties in the US and held like you know, socially they are different, and that this ad seems to just like cut through all of that. So yeah, very very strong report. Very this seems like them is going to continue and obviously, I mean no brainer company is going to continue these relationships with both of these celebrities. I mean, he would lose his job if he didn't, I guess. But yeah, very very strong report.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines, listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on Youtubeloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app. M