Speaker 1: Hi, guys, welcome back to I Do Part two. It's your celebrity mentors Cheryl Burke and Jen Bessler back with you, and we have a lot to talk about. Last time we did this, we had a lot to talk about. I think this time we have maybe more right. It's just like always something happening in the world of divorce and breakups.
Speaker 2: Always it's it never gets old, does it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it never gets old and always fun to talk about, especially with you.
Speaker 2: Good to see you again, Good to see you always. I hope to see you in person one day.
Speaker 1: I know, right, I feel like we a little streams that we haven't met in person. It feels like we.
Speaker 2: Have I know. Should we talk about my partner?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: So I danced with Ryan Lockede many many decades ago. It feels like though it wasn't It was probably just a decade ago. He obviously has gone through a divorce, not obviously, but for those that keep up with the Joneses, that's what's been happening over in Lockedy world and has now been a born again after a rocky year, which is great, like more power to him. I just I never saw signs of that when we were dancing together, not like you know, by the way, people can totally evolve and absolutely you know, turn to God when you've hit rock bottom, it happens a lot. Well, he had also just gotten out of rehab, yes, and that is something I actually just found out recently. I had no idea that he had such issues with substance abuse. Mind you you know, when I danced with him, I was not sober. So like we partied together a little bit, like we would go out, but I would kind of keep him on a tight leash because I'll never forget. We went to go to we went to Vegas and part of our package before you know, the stuff that they air prior to our dance, we had to learn from the Bellaggio show, oh from CIRCUSLA And so we had to go to Vegas for a weekend and my friends were there. Just it was a coincidence. We went out and I was like Ryan at two am, I was.
Speaker 4: Like, you better go back to your room. We've got camera blocking tomorrow. I don't want to smell alcohol on you. And supposedly for my friends, he pretended to go to his room and then was out till seven in the morning. I was so mad at him, but that was our relationship. We were like brothers sister.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean listen, you can't say if he's if he's found God, God bless him. I guess he exactly did, right, I mean, he did a what is it called, uh just got baptized baptized. See, I'm sorry jewish, he just got back. But did he do it? Was it like a whole thing.
Speaker 2: With wa Yeah, with water, yes, definitely. I mean he's a swimmer. Just kidding, kidding, okay, right. You know, he said that he loved sharing his life with his fans followers, but this divorced with Kayla, his ex wife, hasn't been necessarily a smooth ride. I mean, what divorce is at the end of the day. But they have issues, you know, obviously with custody. She does mention I guess in court that you know, he was suffering from substance abuse and she didn't want him around the kids. I mean it started to get I mean from the article that I read, I guess she mentioned that one time he was sniffing something in front of the kids and then was nervous that he was going to drive the kids. But obviously he denies that it's just a battle. I'm just grateful I never had kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, so I feel like specifically from men, but there's a lot of line after divorce, reinvention, you know what I mean, Like I had a lot of sort of I don't know this obviously the specifics here, but a lot of trauma. I mean is well, you do know, very traumatic, right they say it's like up there one of the top three. Absolutely no, right, So I guess some reach for alcohol and drugs. They want to reach, want to and good for him, he's reaching for God. Yeah, so right, So I don't know. I mean I also, well, I don't know. I also think that a lot of times. I hope it's not performative. I hope he means it.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he is dating somebody I believe, or is he engaged. I don't think he's engaged. Now he's dating.
Speaker 1: Somebody Molly Gilahan Gillahan.
Speaker 2: I wonder if maybe she's Christian, you know, you never know. I mean I hope that she's you know, whoever, It doesn't matter if she's Christian or not. Honestly, if she's a great influence, that's a good sign. I mean, she also comes from. I think she has kids of her own as well. Have you ever had a spiritual awakening after a breakup or a divorce?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not my pattern. Let's see, well, because I've been you know, I've been married a while. But my pattern was always to throw myself into something to numbt and I never was smart enough to Thank God, I was more like you know other men who my father I used to say, it is a disgusting thing, And he said a lot of disgusting things, one of which was the only way to get over one person is to get under another.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know, that's nasty. I mean my father was quite nasty as well. Yeah, my father was.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are we sure? Are we not sisters?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I wish? But listen, I mean I think I I some way probably followed that advice, not quite as literally, but I always threw myself into stuff.
Speaker 2: More than it's an addiction, I think it's something as society today because we celebrate the hustle, and I think hustle just equals numbing because we're just constantly needing to stay busy and sitting in stillness is terrifying for I think a lot of people, but I for I mean for me, I definitely went. I did in a way, turned to transcendental meditation as soon as I split, like I needed and mind you, I was already looking into it prior. Obviously you've also been sober.
Speaker 1: You've been sober for a long time. So I'm seven years old, so that's a long time. I mean you've assuming that that there's a big spiritual component.
Speaker 2: To your God. Yeah, it's it's absolutely that. You know, we hand you know, our lives to God and we you know, we have a higher power whether you want to call it God or not, but you know, there is that as far as the program goes, you know. But I felt like, especially during COVID, you know, I really dove into like all of these online courses, mental health courses. I signed up for so much. And I think it was just at that time though I was still doing Dancing with the Stars because the show still happened, but like there was something that I just wanted more of, and I think it was just spirituality. I never really I was born, I was baptized Catholic, my mother's Catholic, but I never really I didn't really want to sit up and stand up and stand up kidding.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't like exercise, right, you don't like to Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I hate I hate it. I prefer just sitting my ass down on chairs. But anyway, no, I can just see it now. She hates Catholicism, like no, no, no, no, no, not going there, folks.
Speaker 1: This is a little bit I think. I mean, this is we're getting off un attention. But I just during COVID, I definitely was searching also, and a lot of Eckart toole.
Speaker 2: God, he puts me to sleep though bad voice.
Speaker 1: Oh his voice. I would take song walks and you know, and maybe you know, after something like this, I could like a divorce. That seems to be the healthiest way to go, right, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean I think it's all numbing at the end of the day, right, We're all numbing.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay. So apparently Russell Crowe is not interested in getting married again, did you? Apparently he was on sixty Minutes and he has his current girlfriend, Britney Theiro. I don't know if I'm saying that correctly, And there are rumors that they were getting engaged and he said no way, no, how.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I watched the interview. It was yeah, he's definitely. I mean he's sixty one, she's thirty three. Will it last for No, nothing's forever, period. But at the end of the day, you know, maybe if she wants to get married ten years from now.
Speaker 1: He seems to be pretty like firm with that. Oh yeah, with not getting married, right, not getting married?
Speaker 2: And honestly, I don't even know. People ask me all the time if I would ever get married again. I said, well, first I need to start dating. I mean, let's just start there. But I don't know. I just think it's a contract that can get real messy, right, Like I don't think I think once you've been married.
Speaker 1: I'm positive. I'm not positive. But I would think that if he was going to marry this this much younger woman, he would be careful. I would think he would there would be an ironclad But that's I.
Speaker 2: Even go there, like, just don't get married. It's just like the uncomfortable conversations, especially if he doesn't. I mean, he seems to be in love with her.
Speaker 1: I don't know this woman, so this is all speculation. Dude, If you're thirty three and you're dating Russell Crowe, like, are you doing it just for the front of it. I don't know. Maybe most thirty three year old women I know are there is some in the prime game in sight, right, but they also want you know, I think at least the ones that I know, not necessarily everyone. But now you're dating this older man and he's saying he doesn't want to get married ever, I have no idea what is going on with this thirty three I'm guessing very beautiful, smart, wonderful person. I don't know mom, her mom a little worried.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, we also don't know. Maybe the mom promotes it like we don't know. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: But all I know is that that interview, that sit down interview with Russell Crowe. Actually it was interesting because I've been a fan of his and I've seen a couple of his interviews. You could tell he's in a place in his life where one he's grateful for all the work that he's still able to get as a sixty one year old actor who's done this for so many years. He assumed that he was going to be out of the business by now, and he said that he's also it's great that he has boundaries now. As far as not saying yes to everything. You know, you can tell that his priorities have shifted, which I think for me at least through that interview, he comes across us a lot more happy, just happier and peaceful.
Speaker 1: Really, do you think he's hot?
Speaker 2: He was? Yeah, he was Gladiator and he was on that Wait what was the movie with a two personality? What was it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? No, the two persons you mean the one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, he with the three personality. That's Paris.
Speaker 2: Hilton is not an original life. I know, a beautiful mind, a beautiful mind, beautiful mind.
Speaker 1: He was brilliant in that he was hot there. I didn't think he was necessarily hot in that way. Maybe not like as that, but everybody has different taste for Gladiator.
Speaker 2: Was it was not his character?
Speaker 1: Okay, three personalities?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gladiator never said I never saw it, but he seemed to be hot there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But anyway, listen, he is hot, and he's working it, and he's dating a thirty three year old and he's very honest, which I admire. So she's okay, I'm okay. You know, he says he likes to be called a boyfriend and he was romantic and yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Tickles your pickle. Yeah you go, baby, you go.
Speaker 1: All right. So here's one that I'm a little I'm just I've been upset about it. I'm still upset. I can't see to get past it.
Speaker 2: Yep, I mean, come on, not repinely farness.
Speaker 1: I loved her and Hugh Jackman together, I really really did. And apparently she's shopping a bombshell tell all, but this one really got to me. And I know we were talking earlier a little bit about it, and there were rumors that he was gay, but he seemed to adore her, and I was bombed when they announced they're split. And now I'm going to be really bummed. If she starts to talk about him not being a good guy, I all bets her off. I'm going to bed.
Speaker 2: She seems to have some class, though.
Speaker 1: I am just telling you right now that if Hugh Jackman is not a good man and a kind man and an honorable man, I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 2: Come on, we all have our skeletons.
Speaker 1: No, not Hugh Jackman.
Speaker 2: He's not a cartoon.
Speaker 1: But Hugh Jackman. Please, I love him. I love him. I love him. Listen, We're human, I know, I mean, I think that she probably felt betrayed. I know there was the whole thing with Sudden Foster Broadway star, and they got together seemed very quickly. I don't know if maybe he was cheating with her. The whole thing bums me out.
Speaker 2: Hey, it happens quite often, more than we know, I think, and it is a shame because it just makes you just have no hope you're a single woman.
Speaker 1: Hugh Jackman's Yeah, it has nothing to do.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I just hope that she just tells her side of the story. And if you just stick to the way you feel. My therapist always taught me this, then you're good. You cleaned your side of the street. Right. It's just when you start to make accusations, and you know, assumptions or accuse people, it just never looks good or sounds good.
Speaker 1: Would you ever consider writing book?
Speaker 2: I have? But not about my actor divorce? No, I mean about your divorce. Never. No, why because it's something I want to keep to myself. It's really none of it's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wish she wasn't writing.
Speaker 2: A book, But maybe it's not about that. Maybe it's about more about her perspective and just living under his head like under him.
Speaker 1: Well, they called it a bombshell tell all.
Speaker 2: Well, they don't know that for sure. This is an assumption.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you, especially lately, you can't believe everything you read.
Speaker 1: A men's sister, And I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm with you, Yeah, you really can with you. Yeah, but would you write a tell all?
Speaker 2: I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: When I write a tell all. Well, first of all, I don't know if I was divorced and angry about it.
Speaker 2: Or like when you were divorced.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I was separated, separated, when my friend's out of divorced. So I'm glad I didn't write a tell all at that point. No, But do you know why I wouldn't though? So my husband, who was almost my ex husband, he it was our separation was never a bad he was a shitty guy or shitty to me, or a bad father or a bad husband. We just were disconnected. The last thing I would have wanted to do, which is probably were able to get back together, is hurt him. You know, that was always part of why we couldn't get divorced. We were both like, yeah, I don't know, it's not about about that, but I so so about Jeff. And not only that, Jeff Bessler is the straightest lay. There will be nothing interesting to write about. So I can write a tell all though about my family, or not my entire family, but things my youth, my past.
Speaker 2: Yes, as long as it's focused on you, then that's fine. I think it's when you.
Speaker 1: Want it to be like cathartic, not to hurt anyone.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what I did with my book when I I mean, I talked, well, it's the first time I talked about being molested as a little girl. It was very therapeutic. It was scary. But again, like, I'm not talking about anything outside of me, right, Like, I'm just talking about my experiences. And people can get offended if she does that with this book that's going to come out. But at the end of the day, again, if you stick to your experience, you can't really be upset about that.
Speaker 1: It's not even offended or even judgmental about it. I'm just more disappointed I have this you know, I know it's not perfect and we know no, but he is. But I have loved him for so long anyway.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can love the imperfection too. Yeah, nope, moving on, moving on. So Chris Martin and Sophie Turner. So, Sophie Turner was married to a friend of mine, Joe Jonas. I did show with him. See, Yeah, he's a great guy. I never ran into him though when he married Sophie Turner. So I don't know really what that relationship was like. But Chris Martin and Sophie Turner are moving on together.
Speaker 1: Wait, Joe Jonas was not the one with type one diabetes.
Speaker 2: That one. That's the other one. That's uh, yes, who's married to Priyanka or something.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I was always keyed into that because of my daughter loving type one. But anyway she does, she does. Yeah, I'm sorry, Hi, thank you, but we can talk. Thank you. She's had since she was twelve. Wow. There are many, many, many hard parts of it. But I appreciate that Nick Jonas is he's a great advocate.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also the idea that because a lot of people confused type two with type one, and so that's hard, especially when she was younger and she was people judging what she was eating. It had nothing to do with what she was eating. Right, so right or my style.
Speaker 2: These boys, though, I have to say I've hung out with them quite often, like back in our days, you know, when I especially when I was doing the show with Joe, and they're really good, solid guys, even the whole family is. You know.
Speaker 1: They're from Wykoff, which is right like almost like a neighboring town here.
Speaker 2: Oh cool. I think the other brother lives there.
Speaker 1: He's like a builder for a while. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just love that they reunited and they were on tour again. This is not what this is about.
Speaker 1: But we can't have it.
Speaker 2: But Chris Martin and so I mean, yes, what do you think of that?
Speaker 1: I think that I was so obsessed with Chris Martin and Dakota Johnson. I know what happened, I don't know, but I find both of those two people so beautiful and sexy.
Speaker 2: She's so sexy to me, like I'm believing I'm I'm straight, okay, but like she's something very very mysterious about her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. Let the bangs like yours.
Speaker 2: She's just gorgeous.
Speaker 1: There's something so anyway, So I was a little thrown that they broke up for some reason. I thought that that was going to last. And I don't know in terms of him and Sophie Turner, I mean, they had the British thing in common, right, and apparently she had had a crush on him for a while even when she was introduced her right or did like a right like a birthday, like a birthday, that's cameo, almost right, great, yep, yep. So I mean there are two more beautiful people.
Speaker 2: I guess nineteen year age difference between them. I mean, I actually my partner, my dance competitive partner prior to me moving to LA, before I did dancing, that was the same age gap. I don't think it's a big I mean, I'm sure it is.
Speaker 1: Wait how many how many years? Nineteen years? I don't know, you know what. In this world, especially this world of celebrities, it's you know, I'm used to it now.
Speaker 2: Age is just a number.
Speaker 1: Age is just a number. They both have kids.
Speaker 2: She's a single mom.
Speaker 1: Right, His kids are obviously older.
Speaker 2: I just hope no one got hurt in the process, you know too. I mean, like I think that they were really sly though. The way that Chris and Dakota broke up was so like under the radar I feel.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know America race.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like Chris Martin gets such like hot women. He went from Gwyneth Paltrow musician. I mean he is he could sing to me, and he's not my type.
Speaker 1: I don't find him, not me either, basically, but that's okay once he starts singing, I do.
Speaker 2: I mean, have you been to his concert? It was the best concert ever?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, made him even hotter.
Speaker 1: Him and Jennifer Lawrence were even right, remember him and Jennifer Lawrence that happened hot second. Yeah, he does very well. He does pretty well for himself.
Speaker 2: He just needs to sing that.
Speaker 1: No, I don't find him. I mean he's not my type for sure, but you know, once he starts singing, all bets are off. I mean that's it.
Speaker 2: You know. It's the same thing with dancing, Like if I see a really good dancer who's like super masculine and just like confident, which is hard to find, you know, because look, it is what it is, especially in the ball room industry. You know, it's interesting. I when I was a competitor, I was had the hots for everybody that could dance, like the top set finalists. I was like, Oh, yeah, you're hot. You're hot, you're gay, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: You're hot. You're hot. Like yeah, wait, so can you tell me you like, who of all your partners or even contestants, can you say about what?
Speaker 2: No, I'm talking about my my competitive life, which is a life. Talking about your dancing on the stars, No, no, they're not stars. If I have to actually teach you how to dance, No, you're not hot.
Speaker 1: Any of the other one. Okay, sorry, I'm just digging.
Speaker 2: Okays weekly, Yes, exactly right.
Speaker 1: Talk about Britney Snow, let's.
Speaker 2: Talk about her. Did you watch that Netflix series that she was just a part of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what was it called?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 1: I did, don't know, but it was freaking made wise hunting Wise. And it's funny because I so and I knew I knew her because she's another beauty. But I loved her in Pitch Perfect and there are certain scenes with her that I just will never forget, like the one where she opens the curtain on Anna Kendrick when she's singing and she's like, it's all excited. And she was in Hairspray too, I mean she's but yeah, so I'm watching Hunting wives, and it took me a minute, even though I.
Speaker 2: Know, you know, you know her mm hmm, yeah, no, I definitely back in my clubbing days. I think she was dating one of my friends who went out a lot as well, and we like we just you know, cross paths. And she seems really sweet and humble and has stayed that way.
Speaker 1: It seems like, yep, yeah, she had a hard time when she split from I was right standalone.
Speaker 2: When you go through any type of heartbreak or split, Like for me, at least, i'm I don't eat either, Like that's my way of handling the stress. I think it's different for people, certain people, right, some people like to stress eat and I just food is the last thing I ever want when I'm going through something so painful.
Speaker 1: I never thought I would get to a place in my life where that I I like, that happened to me where I would actually lose my appetite because I was I was riddled with eating disorders, you know, growing up and into my twenties. But now I don't know if it's since my kid's been born, or when I get anxious, I can't eat and I get this like feeling that wells up in me and I just the last thing I could do was like ingest shoe. Yeah yeah, But it wasn't like that when I was younger. Usually when I was younger, I was driven to eat.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting.
Speaker 1: But as I've gotten older, I definitely when I get nervous and anxious, I just basically usually I just curl up in my bed in a very tight ball and.
Speaker 2: Yeah and hope and hope it was a bad dream. What I love about this article, though, is that she's really promoting the fact that she was really loving her little girl inside of her and the way that she was showing compassion and the self talk. I definitely can take a page out of her book, because I think that really is so important. It's more important than we think, Like we all have that little person inside of us that was not either properly raised or that needs that mothering that maybe did they didn't get. And I think it's so easy for me, at least to the negative self talk really gets loud, especially because you know, I live a welle and sometimes you know it's just you don't you're not really aware of it unless you're a freaking you know monk, But like you know, I know, I have thoughts in my head.
Speaker 1: I have I have become with therapy, many many, many years of therapy because my therapist also says that I have to like big girl Jennifer has to embrace a little girl Jennifer if you guys, by the way, whoever's listening, So she talked, so Brittany would say to herself, okay, baby, like I'm just gonna read it straight from this article. A kay, baby girl, do you want a bagel? Let's get you a bagel. We're gonna toast it. We're gonna put some cream cheese on it, said all you can eat. Okay, that's okay.
Speaker 2: And that is because of her split from her ex.
Speaker 1: Yes, but I know that a lot of times my own therapist will say when I get upset, like almost like how to almost like embrace myself. You know what I'm saying, like, put my arms and talk to myself, is it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And remind myself that I'm an adult, right and what's happening inside me is not feeling very adult or feels like a scared little girl triggered. Yes, yes, when you get triggered like that, and yeah, I think that's really cool and really cool to share because I don't hear people share that often, and it reminded me of what I'm often told to do in therapy.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't think a lot of people do this, Like I think that you have to be here very intentional and very self aware to even catch yourself and the self talk to even know if you're doing if you're saying negative things to yourself or not. Like to even know that is pretty spectacular.
Speaker 1: Actually, I agree. I agree. I'm happy here because I love Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 2: I love the message.
Speaker 1: You know, I do too. No, I'm telling you that's like anybody listening will spend a lot of money on therapy to learn that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you and me both, I'm going to do it for the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and the breed and also to breed to breathe to remind myself right, Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Breath is so important. Like I only know that through because of dancing, But like if I wasn't dancing, I don't think I'd have any sense of any body awareness. Breath. How breath can literally change the way you feel and.
Speaker 1: A second, your autonomic nervous system if you.
Speaker 2: Everything, Oh yeah, it can change. It can from fear to like just calmness in a matter of seconds if you turn into your breath. But obviously there's certain techniques. Do you listen to doctor Huberman his podcast? Oh fascinating. I'm just so fascinated by just just how our brain works. Right, and he's an I will I'll send you his podcast. It's fascinating. Okay, good on you, Britney Snell. Congrats. I'm gonna definitely try that. Hopefully it works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, do.
Speaker 2: You want to talk about Tory spelling? This is yeah so sad.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, that's just been ugly for so long. I feel like, you know, core Tori, Yeah, you know, I don't always mean by the way, I don't know if it sounds like does he think it sounds like we're always sort of more sympathetic to the woman, and maybe when we were women. I think that would be our inclination.
Speaker 2: I think in this world we need it now more than ever, because I'm pretty sure women are attacking women. It's pretty it's happening often.
Speaker 1: What have you watched Real Housewives on New Jersey, Cholbern.
Speaker 2: No, I've just watched my social media, my social media accounts. I mean they're just borderline like it's so toxic and I cannot avoid it obviously, right, Yeah, yeah, I do want coming at me all women, it's all women? Is it really all women?
Speaker 1: So depressing?
Speaker 2: I mean it just shows you that so this whole time, then when you're saying women support women, we're all full of dead because it's like I've noticed a pattern too. It's like when you look good, when you feel good, when you just really do like feel like yourself, that's when people try and tear you down. And then it's when you are the opposite or you're struggling and they see that, then they're there for you.
Speaker 1: It's interesting and I think it's all about feeling less than, not enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well when I was a little girl, is what I was going to say that that is the reason, because I didn't feel supported and loved enough, I think as who I was. That's why I found my identity outside of myself. And that's now what I'm dealing with today. It's like I am enough without whatever it is that I think I was, because that has nothing to do with the person that I am. Right, I am enough regardless of what I'm doing as far as my job goes or my or my love life or whatever it is, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: You know, my therapist and this is something that has I don't know why. Some certain things that you learn in therapy, right, they are they stick and they help and they help and they help and they help. So she one day she just held up this pencil and she said to me that, so life is not I don't know about life, but let's say even there's this feeling, especially with fame, right that you're either at the top, and if you're at the top, you're always worried about the fall. Right, you're at the top, and the energy is about your energy becomes about that. You know, when you're not or you're at the bottom, you feel or you feel like you're at the bottom. Right, But the the ideal place to be is over here outside of that and in dignity, right, in dignity and peace, knowing that and gratitude and gratitude, knowing that no matter what, you're just as special as you're just as special and no more special than the person next to you. We all hate polls, yes, and we are all there's without doing anything, we are we are one.
Speaker 2: I know that sounds ye, so cheesy, but seriously, we are.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree, And.
Speaker 2: It's society that puts you on a pedestal and then you either believe it and you go a little.
Speaker 1: Deluttle the trick. That's the trick when you get any kind I think of fame or even success in life, to not feed into that, right, it's so hard that I feel like, yeah, but awareness, awareness, that's why it's better to be famous when you're older. I had the whole time as soon as I started house I thank god it was in therapy for you know, twenty years before and continued it. But that was a big part of it for me once I got on the show. And I don't have a kind of fame obviously that you have or whatever.
Speaker 2: You can't. I mean, you don't need to measure it.
Speaker 1: Well, even a little bit of it is do things to your head.
Speaker 2: It's social media. Everyone goes through it too, everyone.
Speaker 1: Talking about how it doesn't matter how everyone sees me. I'm not at the top and I'm not at the bottom. I'm out, I'm not even I'm like away from that line. Try to be you know, living in dignity blah blah blah, and not no one's better than me, and I'm not better than anyone.
Speaker 2: Correct, And the noise does get loud. Yeah, So I mean I wonder how Tory feels though, because Toy has been like she's been raised in this type of environment like she, I would assume she only knows that life of celebrity, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen, I think that even from her beginning, right with nine to two and zero, everyone assumed it assumed that she was it was all about being an EPO baby. And yeah, and she came from this royal family in Hollywood. Talk about getting beat up online and this is you know, going back years fully, Yeah, well back back in the day, because what's unless I'm screwing this up? But he was married when they got together. I think I have no idea what I have to ask? Yesther says yes, and she got a lot of shit about it.
Speaker 2: So she was the other woman.
Speaker 1: She was the other woman, I got it. And they were madly, madly, madly in love.
Speaker 2: And he wasn't already separated or anything.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so. I mean it happened so famous too, who was it?
Speaker 2: Well, oh, they met on a movie.
Speaker 1: So she had to endure that write Everyone's judgment Dean oh McDermott. Hello, Okay, So yeah, they had to deal with a lot of that, and I was rooting for them today. I got a lot of kids, tons tons of kids.
Speaker 2: I did run into her, and when I had my other podcast with iHeart and I was in NAPA and she was there, we didn't get to talk much. I mean, she also did Dancing with the Stars. I was so proud of her for doing Dancing with the Stars because she's been asked, I would say every single season and she said, and I would try and convince her, like just like nicely convincerr obviously, you know, you still need to tell these people the truth of what the actual thing is, what they're going to be stepping into. But overall it was such a great experience. She had one of the best partners, Pasha. I'm just happy she did it because it's very much also an individual like achievement as these celebrities come on because it is hard, right and if you can get through it, no matter how long you last, you feel so proud of yourself.
Speaker 1: Is that what you tell people before they do it, Like, what was your warning to her if.
Speaker 2: They ask questions like, is it seven days a week? Yes, it is seven days a week.
Speaker 1: Right, but it's also for hours.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have to be seven days a week. But it's set your own risk because you're the one dancing, right, So.
Speaker 1: I always wonder, like how when it starts?
Speaker 2: It's not twenty four hours? Don't it's not big brother right of course.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying I know, but I'm saying, like people's bodies that aren't in shape, right, and like, how do you It must be so shocking.
Speaker 2: To it's shocking to people whose bodies are in shape too, because this is a way different way. You're not just it. I mean, the way we move our bodies is not normal. You're forcing your bodies to move ways that is not natural. And the more awkward it feels, the better it looks from the outside in.
Speaker 1: All Right, you and I can go off on like tangents, go ahead, it's really fun. But okay, I'm trying to like, what is this what is this podcast about? Oh, divorce? Divorce?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, there's so many different meanings of divorce, but Tori spelling. Basically, she settles her divorce finally right with Dean. She's requesting for spousal support two years after separating.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so she she has requested spousal, spousal and child support, and so I guess they got. They filed for divorce they feel like pretty recently.
Speaker 2: So it obviously didn't end well.
Speaker 1: So the filing didn't indicate whether or not they had a prenup in place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, which means most likely that that wasn't the case. Yeah right, Oh, well, more, I love her. I do love Tori, so I'm just wishing her so much love.
Speaker 1: I met her once at a an iHeart thing and she was so so so sweet to me.
Speaker 2: She is a sweet person, she really is, genuinely.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Golden Bachelor, jeez, Louise, I've never seen one episode of The Bachelor, Bachelorette, Bachelor, Paradise, whatever the heck, I've never not interested.
Speaker 1: Well, I will tell you that I have many, many, many I have seen many, many many, and the Golden Bachelor. And I am friends with Teresa.
Speaker 2: Oh so okay, yeah, just so you know, after reading this whole long ass article, I'm also on Teresa's side. Just FYI.
Speaker 1: Well, I will tell you that, talk about a sweet, kind human, he seems what a doll and I did watch The Golden Bachelor and I interviewed a few of those folks and she was just she's a special person.
Speaker 2: Did you know Teresa prior to her being on the podcast?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't, but we were actually all in Tahoe together for yeah, and it was it was really great and Leslie who was on Golden Bauchler two and that she went really really far. And but anyway, so apparently, according to Teresa, he said some whack a dutally dud really kind of scary, right.
Speaker 2: I mean red flag?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, red was dark with the red black. I don't know. So apparently she went to his house and they took a walk around. They called it pretty lake and he she said they were coming to the end of the lake and he goes, do you see that's shit up there? Uh, that's where I'm going to hide your body after I kill you and chalk.
Speaker 2: Cut you up into pieces like that is crazy, And she said.
Speaker 1: She was laughing, her nervous laugh, but he was.
Speaker 2: Not, Okay, that is crazy. I would have ran for the hills.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know how in what context that was you ever ask me. I didn't know about this. So when I when Teresa and I became friends, I knew that it was not good, but this just came out so and she didn't mention it to me at all, right, creepy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he seems to be a little bit of an attention grabber.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think he loved you.
Speaker 2: I think he loved the attention a little bit. Now, mind you, there's two sides to every story. Absolutely, but I don't know it was all a little I mean, like I said, I never watched it, but yet I felt emotionally connected when they said they were divorcing after just like a couple of days of being married.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, Well, I think also, I guess this was reacting. This just came out like yes, because of his book, right, and so maybe she was reacting to that. I mean, she said, she goes, I don't think he would have killed me. He says, I don't think that was true. It just spoke to an underlying feeling about me, like he wanted she felt like he just wanted to get rid of her.
Speaker 2: Right, that's so odd. Okay, So basically The Golden Bachelor detailed his romance with his final Rose winner in his memoir Golden Years. She's laying out her own perspective and recently shared an unsettling memory with her former husband. Okay, so yes, so this is why this is all happening. Okay, got it.
Speaker 1: God, she's reacting to all of his claims.
Speaker 2: Well, there was quite a few from what I read.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, I there's been bachelor bachelorette contestants on Dancing with the Stars, and I believe that. Look, it's not normal the situation you're put in, right, Like everything moves so fast, and then yeah, there is that moment of silent or quiet time where it hasn't been announced who the winner is, and then you have to do this like hide out. Like it's just not a normal environment.
Speaker 1: It seems like it would be romantic, but it's probably intense.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure, because like the camera is like some you know, people don't know. Sometimes you perform in front of the cameras, you don't know you're performing right, right, you know, you're very aware of it, and then all of a sudden's true, they're not there, and you're like, wait, who is this person who's not always on?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Like I know I'm not always on in normal life.
Speaker 1: Me neither, you know, it was nice about Golden because you don't watch it, but as opposed to the others the Bachelor, Beginning Bachelor, and Bachelorette, the Golden Bachelor's I felt like it was a very inspiring show and not listen. They even had like Bachelor's in Paradise, they had both the golden and the younger ones, and the younger ones were almost condescending, like, oh, they're so cute, they're look at them thing. But like when it was just the Golden Bachelor, it was really nice and see how older people also, how like the guys interacted with each other like a gentleman. For the bachelorette was so great and even and the women they were actually making friends and all of that was very inspiring. But in the end it did not work out, and she actually said that he wanted her to quit working.
Speaker 2: Well, they said that they supposedly discussed this and she was going she said that she was going to quit. From his side of the story, right right, I don't think he should ever expect anybody to change their lives for you, if you know what I mean, Like, you can't change anybody right well.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, yeah, he's retired. I guess he wanted her to hang out with him. I would never be able to sleep for independence, and yes, exactly get.
Speaker 2: Some insurance on that body of yours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you. But you know, I don't, like I said to you before, I'm not obviously I don't. I wasn't there, even though I'm friends with Teresa and he does a pod with Amy Robach and t J. Holmes that you guys can listen to, so I would be interested to hear in hearing his and no one does a pod like those two, so I would be interested in hearing you know what he had to say. So, I mean, and it's I thought that because maybe of their age, they would be able to keep it nice.
Speaker 2: Oh well, well, I do believe though that maybe. Do you think the network had anything to do with the fact that they had to announce it publicly that they were going to separate because it was so soon, right, So I think it is whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think, I think, Yes, I think they did. I guess there's a I guess you sign a contract of course.
Speaker 2: And by the way, like the amount of just everything, I mean, they even said this in the article. Someone referred to the fact that they didn't want to back out. I mean the production of it, the people pleasing, the fact that they you know, all these people traveled to be there at their wedding. It's like that was on TV and not the way I get it world right. Yeah, it's a lot, it is, And you're not thinking about yourself though you should because this is your day. You're thinking about crap. I have people traveling from across the world to come here, Like you're like, but this is the rest of my life. It makes no sense now, right if you think about it in like right, But then when you're in a dress already and it's like count down till the freaking prince and princess gets married, you're gonna do it. You're doing it with a smile on your face.
Speaker 1: Well, he's already found someone else. Apparently he's already engaged, So you know, would you do it? Would you go on?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I know you wouldn't. Of course you wouldn't the bachelor.
Speaker 2: No, there was talk of this many eons ago. But I would have after it back back then when I was drinking.
Speaker 1: Probably, well, if I was single, I think I would.
Speaker 2: You would. Yeah, I could see you on it, really, you know, what I can only assume this though, is that I believe maybe was there a sense of like just authenticity when you saw The Golden Bachelor, because they weren't putting on a show.
Speaker 1: Definitely from so during the Golden Bachelor, the women specifically felt, they were not just felt because we I've actually interviewed a few of them and they are authentic and on the show. I what I saw on the show was what I got, you know, when I was talking to them on the pod and Esa and Leslie off the pod. So yes. And in terms of the guys, you know on the Bachelorette, they were adorable, they bonded and it.
Speaker 2: Was a friendship special thrette right, yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, well that was what was I think that show so special? Yes, because you're mature enough that it's that is important friendship, right.
Speaker 2: But the Golden is specific because I don't know if the other ones do that. Maybe they do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know about this season just not so good. But anyways, my friend always a pleasure, and yeah, it is such a pleasure. I love talking to you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I can see you on that show. But you're married. We shouldn't even be talking about that.
Speaker 1: Well no, just kidding, just kidding, next lifetime.
Speaker 2: Don't manifest it unless you want to. I could help you.
Speaker 1: Believe me, I ain't manifested nothing when it comes to my.
Speaker 2: Technically, we just did, didn't we. We spoke it to exist.
Speaker 1: Really say that. Don't get all nervous.
Speaker 2: That is part of the manifested.
Speaker 1: Really well, we have to talk about that.
Speaker 2: Speak it into existence, girlfriends, and.
Speaker 1: Not manifest while I'm speaking into into existence, never ever to get separated or divorcekin And for you, my friend, whatever it is that you want next, I want to.
Speaker 2: Single forever, single forever. I love single life too much.
Speaker 1: I love that you love it all right, guys, so listen. Lots of headlines this week, crazy and so I mean, I hope, we hope that you like gossiping with us, just gossip, though I feel like we go deeper.
Speaker 2: It's real, real, innocent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think it is too. We'll go with that.
Speaker 2: Check out I do part two after dark for more of the real gossip.
Speaker 1: Just kidding, yeah right, I love that. So listen. There's one thing for sure. If you're listening and going through a divorce or heartbreak right now, you are not alone and If you need help getting through your heartbreak, call us, email us. All the infos in the show notes, follow us on socials. Make sure to rate and review the podcast I Do Part two, an iHeart podcast where falling in love is the main objective. Love you, Cheryl let we fell in love.
Speaker 2: So yeah, exactly. That's all that matters.
Speaker 1: That's all it matters. Bye, guys, thank you. Bye.