Speaker 1: I so O believe it. I'm recording you yelling say out loud, so obelieve it. We are back. I want to apologize sore Losers Nation. We left you high and dry at the end of last week. Boys and girls. There wasn't no doing it. Couldn't do it, wouldn't do it. I had no choice. How's it going, I'm sissing. Hey, what's up, dude? It feels fantastic. What's your name? My name is lunchbox. Dude. You know that if you.
Speaker 2: Waited any longer, we're gonna have to cancel the podcast because they have to put ads in our podcast.
Speaker 1: And I sent you a text.
Speaker 2: I said, uh, the suits and mustaches are gonna be emailing us.
Speaker 1: Hello. I know I was about to just come on here and fart. You should have. You could have done anything, because they were starting to worry that the podcast was over. They thought we had folded. They thought it we had packed up shop. I did get a text from one of the bosses. He was like, whoa, uh heal up? Man, you look bad. Thanks man, appreciate that. Ray. You could do two farts and do ads on each side. Another boss did comment on one of my posts and said, glad I didn't high five you in the hallway. What the golden hallway shower. Yeah, So those were the two comments I got from upper management.
Speaker 2: Oh man, upper management. They've been bizarre lately. With this cruise coming up, I feel ain't nowhere to put their hands.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: The other day, the program director for the one stage and came and sat on Scuba's chair and just sat there.
Speaker 1: Really yeah.
Speaker 2: And then by the time I went to the bathroom and came back, I go, Abby, where did he go? And she said, I don't know. He just came in here, sat down, nobody was in here, and then he left.
Speaker 1: Eh. I wish I was out wide open. Hey, weird things going on, man. You know what I never got to last week that I was ready to tell you all.
Speaker 2: About Jamaica stories. The box that you're supposed to open, I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, No, the Jamaica stories on March eighth. That was one of the things that we're gonna get to eventually in like a week and a half, two weeks. But no, I had to go fishing in my toilet and I never got to tell you about it. Well, do you want to start the show. Yeah, let's start the show as we go fishing in the toy. Oh no, we're going to do the start of the show and then do that because I have a new intro.
Speaker 2: What I spent three minutes on it because I know you're going to criticize it. But I was never I was bored and had been so long since we'd done a podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh, you have a new intro. Yeah, I thought you made you like recorded something. My fault.
Speaker 2: It's the sore Losers story, Lunchbox listen. I was all sick and I had to get on Sealis. Also Starry Raymundo, my name's Bennett.
Speaker 1: I ain't in it. My name's Paul. That's up to y'all. And in turn Arnold one turn. I was so drunned on Broadway with Abby, I picked myself. These are the sore Losers. That's hilarious. That's hilarious. That's really funny. I like it when you're bored. I need you to be more bored more often. That's pure entertainment. People love it. All Right, Well we're gonna do it live. Woo oh the one two, three sore Losers? What up, everybody? I am lunchbox. I know the most about sports, so I give you the sports facts, my sports opinions, because I'm pretty much a sports genius.
Speaker 2: What up be all it says, and I'm the voice guy you heard there. I'm also from the North. I'm in Alpha Male. I live on the north side of Nashville with Bazer. We got two point three three acres. We got two kids at Vanderbilt, probably defrosting. It's been seventy lately. Justins in Michigan. Nobody knows when he's coming back. He's been going to the gun Lake casino up down.
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 2: He's probably down big. He randomly texted me in Bazers Saturday night and said, my job now is gambling not going well.
Speaker 1: I'm like, not the.
Speaker 2: Text to send Bazer, just send that to me right. She didn't like it, laugh or even comment on it. He's in a dark place. Hopefully he didn't find the bottle coach over to you.
Speaker 1: I will say Justin has come out of his hibernation when I've seen him commenting on some of the Facebook posts that people are putting, and he is making little comments trying to be funny, trying to like get his groove back, and so there may be uh instead of how Stella got her groove back, it's how Justin got his nah. I couldn't think of a word. It's okay, you've been sick.
Speaker 2: And also sometimes the last time we hear people remember sore Losers Locks. I heard he went to Phoenix and then you know, Nancy Guthler went missing. Where's Nancy, y'all?
Speaker 1: I don't think Nancy's the one that's missing, Yes she is, you're right, But also why have we not of sore losers Locks? And how close does he live to Tucson? You know who haven't we heard from either? Taylor Dial? I don't know if he still listens. Uh. And there was one guy that lived right here in Murphy's bro I don't even remember his name, but he used to listen. I don't know if he's still around. But that's not that's here North there. We're not here to talk about the people that we don't know where they are. They have gone into the evaporation zone. Anyway, dude, I forgot to tell you, I have been so lucky with my kids because you don't have kids. Yeah, I do? You do? I have a daughter? Oh yeah, she's top low Piper Piper crap was Pablo's old one. Pablo is past rest in peace? Sang it? Why you name him both peace? That's screwed up about at all.
Speaker 2: Piper got named by Reddit Maser said, here's the picture of my cat.
Speaker 1: Name it. Piper got it? You know how mister bees got his name Beast Reality some gaming YouTube. I don't know. I saw a clip the other day. I don't really know overseas. But anyways, so I have been lucky because you get a lot of kids that are upset with the toilet and they like to put things in the toilet and they drop cars, they drop you know, legos, they drop marbles, they put all sorts of things in the toilet, or capy dropping bombs. The only thing they refuse to drop in the toilet is their pee that goes all over the floor. Not get it happen? What do you mean that wouldn't happen in my house? Oh, it happens, and you can't you can't stop it. I don't know how to stop it. One of those things you put on a dog cone put on the toilet, could do that? Oh like a funnel, Yeah, not a bad idea. Problem is they missed the front of the toilet, it's right there on the ground. Make them sit. No, not doing that, not gonna you know, we're not We're not trying to do that, cause you know, weird things in their head, you know, Am I a boy or a girl? Not that there's anything wrong with that, Not trying to do that anyway. My house we sit, that's sure, how our house we stand. Honey. I want to see you standing up. Yep, don't you sit down? No, don't you dare. This is a stand up household. Guys, this isn't even a joke. And I want you to get into what you're gonna say. Amy here at the show, from the Big Show, she said she never wants to touch the seat, so she'll sit, she stands up and goes a bathroom. Really have you not heard her say that? No?
Speaker 2: And at the old building, the walls were paper thin, and we were right next to each other, and you could hear her because she's shooting from two feet up.
Speaker 1: That's why it sounded like that. It sounded like she was standing at a urinal gushing. Huh. Never knew that. Maybe I need to check that feeling yourself yet her with with Cat Van Buren Cat Van Buren. So anyway, or is it touching yourself? It may be touching yourself. Not really sure. I haven't I haven't downloaded the most recent episodes, so I'm not really I'm a little behind on my podcast. And we got a voicemail. We do have a voicemail? Are we behind? Wow? We're behind? Do we need I don't know if we need to play that today? And you got a box from Laurie. Oh, and I got that present for Morgan. I forgot all about it. Dang it, dude, I'm telling you it's been wild anyway, So this is like a week and a half ago. Now, dust it off. I'm dusting it off. I was gonna tell it last week and I totally forgot. And we had a basketball game. Baby Box had a basketball game. I was like, go in and brush your teeth. And he goes in there and he's brushing your teeth and I hear oh oh. And he comes out and I'm like what and he goes I was playing with a golf ball Dad. I'm like okay, and he goes, well, I dropped it. It hit off the counter, it bounced on the floor, and it went in the toilet. Was it a prov one. My next question was was it a pro v one ray? It was a paloma. He said, I don't know what that means, Dad, I said, was it a title list? I don't know what that means. That it's in the toilet. I said, all right, well grab it out.
Speaker 2: Was it one of those Uni balls they refurbish and try to sell you at full price?
Speaker 1: Probably? And he goes, why, I can't pull it out, So what do you mean? He goes, well, one of my brothers peeding the toilet and didn't flush it. I said, so the golf ball is in a p infested toilet. It's a porta potty. At this point he said, yeah, I said, do not flush the toilet, don't touch the toilet. I'm very proud of you for coming out here and telling me without flushing the toilet. Now, let me see this final point. I got the over very smart. Come on, spurs. No, I don't have cable, ray cable or Internet. You need blank direct. I need something. No, that's what I have, c word direct. I don't know what that is anyway. So then I'm like, well, I got to get it out. And I go in there and I get a pair of tongs and I'm trying to get in there, but the tongs aren't long enough because the ball is down kind of in the pipe. You guys don't have help at the moat. No, don't have help at the moat. Don't have a ball recovery. I didn't have any of that, and I don't have one in my golf bag where you can just get it and get it out of the pond. That'd have been easy. You do your own yard. Yeah, it's really not that hard. You get a mow where you go real quick. I know, it's so inexpensive in the country. It's amazing. It's pretty awesome anyway. So I'm like, we gotta go. We gotta go to the basketball game. I'll just leave it for later. That's what our country is founded on. Hey, kick the can down the road and we go to the basketball game, but make sure it's bud light. And then we come home and I forgot we got that birthday party that night, and we're having a babysitter come over, and I have to tell the babysitter, Hey, they are not allowed to use that toilet, don't So then the babysitter really doesn't have anyhere. To go to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, can you when you see the golf ball, I can see it, get your arm down there. There's no time for this putting up cones, traffic cones, dude, get the bathroom toilet cleaned.
Speaker 1: I got a guy for that. I understand that I could just stick my arm in there at this point, but this, at this point, we're supposed to be at this birthday party over at the neighbor's house, the neighbors turning thirty nine. She's having a party. We're all supposed to bring an appetizer. Of course, my wife didn't plan in advance, didn't go to the grocery store, didn't make an appetizer. So we went through the drive through at McDonald's and got five large fries. And that's the appetizer we brought. That's America, that's dining out. That's how you do it, and that's how you show up in style. And so you got to get a guy. Phil.
Speaker 2: We had water pressure and some heating issues with two showers at once. Phil had it fixed within twelve hours. We got a guy for that.
Speaker 1: No crap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Phil hit up a guy and then and then he came on and then he came over with a buddy for two hours. But we got a guy for that.
Speaker 1: Does that guy drive to the city. No, that guy maybe does. But also I don't know if we owe any money, just kind of just floats around in the ether. H ray, I need that kind of guy. So we go to the party and we come home and we have cocktails. Like the neighbor Josh was making this cocktail. It was freaking delicious. Don't even know what it was, what was in it. It was smart, really good, had some coconut on the rim like he made. He was making some fancy for the thirty ninth birthday, had a you know, what do you have for the guys? Oh? I know he had these cocktails that had like coconut on the rim I think it was. And where's the beer cooler? Oh? There was a beer cooler if you wanted it, sorry, seltz aer cooler for you. And I had probably good five of those and then started to go home. We go home and were you good to walk? Yeah? Good to walk? You know, just a couple of blocks. Get home and the babysit ter leaves and I'm silly, whoa what was that truck? Slow? Down the road. I'm sitting there on the couch and I'm like, I'm gonna go to bed, and I'm like, oh no, the golf ball. And I said, all right, I'm gonna go get the golf ball out, and I go and luckily I went Instagram Live. Becaure's what a golf ball sounds like. Instagram Live saved my life because I was just gonna go hand in the toilet, get the ball out. This should have been a commercial with the Super Bowl. And someone on Instagram lives like, dude, put the tongs down, don't worry about your hand. Go get a wire hanger and use the hook part to pull it out and then you can grab it with the tongs. Yeah, but what about that hanger. You're never gonna have it again. That's okay. A hanger is three cents. Use a brown shirt to hang afterwards. And so I was like, this is so smart, and dude, let me tell you I got that hanger. I mean, scoop got the what do they call tongs, grabbed that ball, dropped it in the trash. Wa la hang golf ball out? Hanger can still be used? No, because I had to I had to unravel it because it was not long enough the hook to reach down to get the ball right.
Speaker 2: But if there's only so much feces on it, it can still you can put a yellow shirt on it.
Speaker 1: Oh, the tongs went back in the dishwasher. That'll clean whatever, that'll clean whatever. Not worried about golf ball. Someone on the live feet said they wanted the golf ball. I said, send me a DM. They never sent me a DM, so it's still sitting there. Would have been funny as if you gave it to me as a present.
Speaker 2: And then right now I hear this story and the whole time I slowly realized that's the.
Speaker 1: Ball you just gave me. Damn. That would have been funny. That would have been a good segment. Damn. I should have brought that to him, be like, hey, dude, this is a golf ball you're gonna hit a hole in one with, and tossed it to you. Why did you not do that? I was probably gonna do that, but then I got sick and that it was from a week It app it was from a week and a half ago, dude. And so the story's not even that great because it's on my Instagram live and everybody's already seen it, but I just wanted to share the story because a week and a half ago it was funny and now it's just I needed to talk about it to get it off my chest.
Speaker 2: What we wanted to say real quick before we do go to commercial those that we care about, thank you for listening to tuggers. Wow, the firefighters whoa thank you for what you boys and girls do ro blest the truck drivers and the HR professionals. Sharpen your pencils. We got some new beds and stuff.
Speaker 1: While you were gone. I love it. I love it. We'll take a break. We'll be right back. Forgot about you farmers. Dude, Yeah, we're back live. Let me tell you something though, Yes you are looking live. I wanted to tell you that there might be someone that is better at selling cable than you were at Grand Day Communications. I was top sales, illegally or not. I was number one on the spreadsheet. They may have absolutely figured out how to do their job, and I have never received better advice from a customer service representative.
Speaker 2: It's his Ray Mundo. Thanks for calling Grinding Communications. I'm gonna be a resistance to you. Oh yeah, you have a problem with your dish. Let me reconnect you hang up on them. This one right here messed with my sound effects.
Speaker 1: Gosh, continue now I'm waiting for the sound You said you did this, so the story is incomplete if we don't have your sound. Ah, there's a problem with your dish. Hold on one second, and what would you do there? You go hang up on them because it's not going to get you a sale.
Speaker 2: I realized with the algorithm it did not benefit you to stay on the phone with them because they don't want any upsales. They don't want any of that. All they want is their issue fixed. Hang up with them. It's better for your overall QUM ratio and how you get paid out to just hang up on an old person, hang up on a person that doesn't know what they're talking about, hang up on a person that needs a quick fix.
Speaker 1: There you go, Well, this lady didn't hang up on me, Brian, that's what we should do our listeners at the Bobby Bone Show. I needed a quick fix. I needed to call and report that the line to my house was severed in the backyard. I'd already called twice and they told me there's a major outage. That I could not report it. So it had been almost three weeks since this ice storm. WHOA was this a Nancy Guthrie case? No, well, it seems like it went about that long. And I called and I said, hey, yeah, I just need to call and she said, yeah, I see there's a big outage. I was like, no, no, no, I need to report that my line is severed because I do not want them to come out here and fix the line and then me still be without cable on internet. And she was like, yeah, sir, I'm not allowed to put that in. And I said, can you give me an estimate on how long until this is back up and running? And she said, let me look here, sir, let me look over here. Actually, sir, I can't. There's not really an estimation up there yet. I said, so what am I supposed to do? I have been without cable and internet without for three weeks and you can't even give me an estimate a ballpark figure when you guys are gonna be able to come out and fix this problem?
Speaker 2: Did you start saying websites you're not able to go to Solarlosers, dot Com, Cinemax, Hbo, Max Stars, Max.
Speaker 1: Didn't say, any website. Didn't even think about.
Speaker 2: That, ESPN, the NBA All Star Game, the Super Bowl, Mugsy Bunny, I said, I am losing all.
Speaker 1: My hotspot is run out for the month. You didn't get to see the halftime show a kinky Rabbit. No, I did because I did the hotspot thing. She doesn't know that, oh, the antenna, the antenna things. She thinks everything severed correct. So she was like, yeah, I understand that can be very frustrating. And I said, yeah, so I don't know how I'm going to get my work done. My house can't operate properly without it. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. What do you suggest I do? And this is when she won Employee of the Year. She goes, Sir, what I would do is call another service. She referred you to the competition. She goes, if that was my house, I would call another company and get a new service.
Speaker 2: That's an upsale. I never tried at Grande Communications.
Speaker 1: She goes, I know this is on a recorded line and I'm probably not supposed to be saying this, but I would make them earn my loyalty back. I'd make them call me and give me a huge discount and try to woo me back after I join another service. If after three weeks I'm not able to be told when my cable and internet is going to be restored, I would go somewhere else.
Speaker 2: I want to be dis I was like hol a truck.
Speaker 1: I said, wow, she goes yeah. I mean it's unfair to you as a customer to just be sitting there. So if that was my house, that's what I would do. It's probably not what they want to hear down the line when they're listening into this call, but that's my honest opinion. Don't worry, lady.
Speaker 2: They're only going to audio if you get in trouble and they'll pull the calls.
Speaker 1: Otherwise you're in the clear. If there's a call center thirty people, you'll get audited once a month they call pull five calls. Maybe. Well, for the most part, you should be good. So there's not someone listening all the time. Heck no.
Speaker 2: And if she's got nothing but rave reviews, no customers actually calling in and saying her name, and if her sales numbers are fine, they'll never listen to her calls for years. I was good for a year and then I tried to go number one at sales. All of a sudden they started pulling calls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so I was like wow. So I sat down with the wife and I was like, look, we're making the change. We're calling this company, we're calling this company. We're going to see which one can be out here first. And we are doing it. And so Thursday I get home from work and they're out there fixing the line. Wow, the old company, the old company. So her little saying you should switch companies to me. They were listening in and said, we got to send someone to that account. Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now that was twenty years ago. They could have buzzwords. If somebody says F word, S word, it might ping. So they could then pull that call.
Speaker 1: And they sat up there and they fixed the line in the alley, and then they're fixing the line to my house. And some person that lived in my house before had a different company. So there's another wire and I said, hey, man, can you cut that down? He goes, not our wire man can't do it. Of course, man if hey let the other guy do it. I said, yeah, But he goes, you have to call that company. I said, there is there's no way does this company start with Benjamin Frank Glenn. I said, there is no way. If I call that other company and say, hey, man, I need you guys to bring a truck out here because I have a wire. I need you guys to cut. They will be here in six years. Roll a truck. They would say weird stuff like that to me.
Speaker 2: I would hang up on them, and so I was like, anything, roll a truck to come get some cord come out of the ground. Yeah, yeah, let me transfer you all right.
Speaker 1: Next call hello running Communications, racele in here. How can I help you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, an upseil, I'll get you stars HBO and that UFC fight you said you had a little bit of blurry problems.
Speaker 1: Oh you didn't. Let me just credit it.
Speaker 2: Anyways, You're welcome, of course, just make sure you call back in three months or what we're gonna bill you thirty dollars.
Speaker 1: You're probably gonna complain and to hate me. Then all right, how good they it's beautiful, coach. It was great until it wasn't until what until the bottom filler. And I looked up at the guy in the ladder and I'm like man, and he goes, I'm sorry, man, it's just like liability reasons, all right, buddy, And I let them. I said, Man, so I'm gonna go through the hassle of trying to call this other company after I just sat here with three weeks with no internet and no cable and you're right there, inches from it, and all you got to do is a little slice and it'll come down. And then you got to go to the other end and do a little slice and it'll come down, and then that that wire won't be hanging over my backyard and it'll be like I'll be free of this whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Oh, so it was hanging over the entire yard. You didn't say that. I thought it was just up on the telephone pole.
Speaker 1: No, and he less, let me go, alright, I got your dog. That's what I'm talking about. That's what I'm talking about the show, That's what I'm saying. And he just he just looked at him. He goes big fen the potty, al right, I got your dog, and he cut it down. And so I mean, everything is right in the world right now. Let me float you a couple of coins. Click any carpciate. I thought my life was headed in the right direction, like it was every day was like looking great, and then Friday hit and that's when I was sick. Oh that was on Thursday. Man, okay, like everything was like wow, wow wow, and then how how how down I went? That was amazing, dude. But I do have cable and internet back. I have cable and internet back.
Speaker 2: Well, you can finally watch the Spurs in Kansas because both doing well.
Speaker 1: Well, I did get to well. I kind of watched Kansas on Saturday when we didn't watch the Peterson kid. He never plays, no, he played on Saturday. That's when my eyes were almost all the way shut, so I couldn't see it that well, honey, what's the score? I got a first half over, but we were getting our butts kicked and uh I think I fell asleep on the couch. At that point. I was like, man, we're not We're not gonna win this game. We've been hotter in a pistol that was riding on the wall. We gave Iowa State their first loss. We were bound to lose. So I was like, you know what, I'm okay, my eyes are hurting, I'm not feeling good. My name's Bennett. I'm gonna I'm not gonna be in it. So, yeah, we are back. We are back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and careful with the references to a pistol, just because of the Nancy Got three case right now, he had a pistol in his front crotch and no glove resferences. Ray, it's been warmer in here than a glove thrown on the side of the road.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's just avoided since you've been here. Yeah, okay, and we'll take a break. We'll be right back, dude.
Speaker 2: Ray, tell you what one of those nest cams it's been, uh, Ray, it's been more photographic.
Speaker 1: In here than a ring camera. You know what I'm saying. Right, it's been hotter in here in a day in Phoenix. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Ray, it has been more confusing here than that sheriff down there in Tucson.
Speaker 1: You don't know what I'm saying. Just avoid those references, man, Okay, Yeah, thank you. Do you have any more that you have on the list that you've been keeping track since we haven't been here? No, that was it, right?
Speaker 2: It has been uh more ged confusing than Gma or she's on the Today Show.
Speaker 1: Ray, how are you doing today? No? Too soon, too soon, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Our prayers are with the family Savannah guth three Nancy Guthrie, as Baser would say, y'all, where's Nancy?
Speaker 1: Hello? Love the pod. My husband is a huge fan of the podcast and a huge fan of you guys. He listens to The Big Show too, but Sore Losers is by far his favorite above the other one. I wanted to reach out and ask for help with a birthday present for my husband Patrick. I was wondering if you give him a shout out on his birthday. It's February seventeenth, and I know he'd think you guys wishing him a happy birthday would be one of the coolest birthday gifts ever. Patrick loves all things sports. He loves baseball's I mean baseball, the Cincinnati Reds, college football, and basketball Kentucky Wildcats. They suck, golf and almost every sport but soccer. He is very knowledgeable about sports. I'd say he's a sports genius two and does sports coverage with thirteen Region Media high school boys and girls basketball. He does great interviews and articles. Needless to say, he's very talented and knowledgeable about sports and a big sports fan. He doesn't know I'm asking for all this. I wanted it to be a surprise. If y'all have time to I know he'd probably get freak out and be one of the best birthdays of all time. Thank you for taking the time to read this. May God bless you. Jaden. This just in. It was yesterday his birthday. Happy birthday, Patrick, Yeah, yea yeah, but we didn't have a podcast on his birthday. Oh so this is the first Patrick birthday, first day since his birthday. So this is his birthday podcast. Well, you stumbled over your words very memorably. He's gonna love that. Do you want the voicemail that we got? No? No, no, not today? What right? We can hold the handle so much excitement. You can only handle so much excitement, dude. I mean it is Patrick's birthday. We just want to soak this in for a minute. I mean, Jaden wrote some glowing things about her husband, Jaden. That's the white I thought he was gay or blind. Oh god, no, Patrick is a sports fan. The climber was blind. I'm sorry. Yeah, he did Mount Kelmanjaro. Excuse me. Yeah, So, happy birthday to Patrick Man. I hope it was a great one. I don't know how old you are. But you like the Reds. They sucked, the Wildcats they suck. So you like some crappy teams.
Speaker 2: But it's a great birthday, man, And you got Eli Dela Cruz randomly neighbor is obsessed with the Reds. Really had a connection with a guy there at the Old Reds New Reds. Dude, he has a turnstile from one of the red stadiums. He's got bases all over. Guy's going on YouTube. I did a whole hour video up in his upstairs of all the red stuff he has. You did, Joey Vado, chairs, bats balls, basses, There's benches, seats, ticket holders from the old stadium, helmets, pine tar, chalk, condoms.
Speaker 1: I don't know a lot of stuff. I mean, I really need to get up to a Reds game. Man. We were gonna go last year, take the boys see the Cubs Reds first weekend out of school. But then we ended up not going. And I don't know why we didn't go, but man, it's just right up the road South Beach. Lived there for a whole year.
Speaker 2: And I go, dude, how many Bengals and Reds games did you go to? And he goes none, huh, he said, I don't go to games by myself. That's such a loser thing to do.
Speaker 1: I can see that, bro. I went to Vandy all by myself and at the best time ever. Yeah, that's when I bailed on you bad and Justin Yeah, who was another one. Kevin was also supposed to roll a bailed. Yeah. It's tough, man, I just think. Yeah, Vandy football, though not very ill. I had a blast Paba threw for five hundred four tugs. Yeah. Baseball, I mean I've been to one baseball game by myself. I went to see the A's versus the Rangers in Arlington by myself. It is weird when you go when you're cheering because you ain't got that person to high five. But I believe at one point I high five to a dude.
Speaker 2: Next to me, and then you just kind of act like your person's always coming. Oh, two seats here, okay cool, So then they think your person's just late.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was going because I was going to They were doing an open casting call for Real World and road Rules. And so my buddy Wade lived in you know Bogs not Wade, Bogs, Wade Pack. He lived up and his sister lived up there, and so I was going to stay with her. And so I went to the Rangers game while I was in town, and they were playing the A's and I sat right behind home plate. And I don't remember if it was Mulder or Huts or Zito, and they but either. They were both lefties, so I don't remember which one it was. But that curveball, Dude, it dropped off a cliff dropped. It was so great to watch. You're like, whoa bam gone? Sitting right behind home plate was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't have a baseball stadium here nearby, so you're gonna have to make a drive if you do.
Speaker 1: Go. No, No, we got one right down the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one you get in the outfield drinking some of those Jack Daniels slushies. You forget you're at a baseball game playing bags.
Speaker 1: No that they got a party, they got the miniature golf, they got everything. Justin goes. Why what do you mean we're leaving?
Speaker 2: And I said, the game ended. What do you mean we're leaving? It's only ten, This bar is still open. I said, dude, you're in right field of a baseball game. The game's over. This bar closes when the game ends. What do you mean bars don't close at ten? They do it a baseball game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they kick you out, dude, Like this is a baseball stadium. They locked the gates because they don't want you running on the field. Yeah. So man, so what have you been up to the last week? Man? I mean this it feels like a weird hodgepodge of podcast here because I mean, we're all over the place, but it feels good to be back. Well. Yeah, we were worried for you. Baser did say where are you getting your lip injections at? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Get her person that information because she liked them. They're plump apparently where they were huge.
Speaker 1: We were worried.
Speaker 2: About you and I can't believe though. So was it just the Z packs they pumped you with?
Speaker 1: Did they pump me with steroids? Antibiotics? I mean, I don't know. They were an oral steroids, a steroid shot everything?
Speaker 2: Because I mean, you you say Z pack. I'd heard it so many times, but she didn't say right. But when you always have these problems, it's usually a Z pac. So this time they had to throw the kitchen sain cakes.
Speaker 1: They had to throw kitchen. It was a lot different. It wasn't the normal pack that I usually get.
Speaker 2: And like you said, how do single parents do it? I don't know, go out like that.
Speaker 1: There's no way. I mean, my kids, I'll tell you what. Like I mean, Amy's a single parent. I mean, like my her ex husband's miles away, and I mean she has the kids every other week. I mean, how does she freaking do it? I don't know. My wife, Like she was able to take the kids to the basketball game on Saturday, and then after the basketball game they went to the park, the playground for three and a half hours. He got to and just gave me time to just kind of almost die at the house by myself. She want she didn't want the kids to see me pass away. No, she didn't want them there.
Speaker 2: When I took my last breath and three and a half hours at a park. That's not called being bored and finding something to do. That's called just being homeless.
Speaker 1: Dude. I know, because they overran the park downtown. Oh cool, it's right next to the river. They're gonna make a walking track. They're also gonna make monkey bars and basketball hoops. It was overrun. It was a homeless encampment within two weeks. Oh cool, my nephew's in town. We'll play ping pong. This homeless person takes his shoe and throws it at my wife and sister.
Speaker 2: This is the one thing Tristan remembers by his childhood from me.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's still playing basketball, Yeah got it.
Speaker 2: They've been struggling. But he put up twenty the other night, and me and Beazer made a deal with him. He puts up combined points and rebounds twenty five. He gets a pair of Denver Broncos chubby shorts, and he has one game to do it on third tomorrow.
Speaker 1: So we'll see if he does.
Speaker 2: Anyways, this homeless person, drunk and high on X throw he's whipping around like a helicopter, throws his shoe in the air, lands a foot from my sister and.
Speaker 1: Wife girlfriend at the time. God, we are since been in May, are married. I go up to this homeless guy. I was like, don't you ever ever can throw your shoe? Get the f out of here, get care, get the cattire.
Speaker 2: I scared the demons out of that guy. I think he went sober and got a job the next day.
Speaker 1: Dude, Wow, I don't again.
Speaker 2: I don't know what came over me, but it was the first time that I felt my family was in danger. It's fine if he's just over their sunbathing. But when he threw the shoe and got into their space, and all of a sudden, I could see that he was on crack cocaine.
Speaker 1: He had been doing some heroin. He was on another planet planet. I yelled at him and he cleared out, But Boomer goes, hey, hunt the way. Remember that one time the homeless guy threw the shoe at us. That's crazy, man, I like a hero. I just had to kind of he was weird me out, dude. I just had to get him out of there. And I think Hillary was there too. Were you more scared for your sister or for your girlfriend? I didn't think he was going to come that close to him. I'm all fine, ten feet cool, five feet no worries, two feet need a dollar, one inch away from my family. I was like, get the got and I was like five deep and I was just trying to play football with my nephew. I was like, at the got him out of there. I think he's sober. It's great, man. I saw I think I saw him working at Al Dean's. Yeah, yeah, well probably holding road signs. That's usually where they go after jail. Coach, Good to have you back. I didn't know if the pod was going to continue. No, it's good, man. I really don't know what else was going on in the sports world. I had no other choice, but I was like posting on the socials. I was like, well, we haven't done a new one since Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, did you listen to our last podcast yet?
Speaker 1: Yeah? A man, sometimes people get sick, dude. It was just it was a it was a rough It was a rough time. Well, you know, I'm not even that hard on you. Why McAfee's been off for since the Super Bowl? Whoa, they just take two weeks off. Laura Rutledge from ESPN that Blondie. Don't know her, she does sideline reporting for all the football games. Don't know her. She's been traveling, she's been Disney. She's off. So I mean that was the time when people take their breaks. Oh all right, well we'll take a break.
Speaker 2: So I'm just saying we weren't competing against anybody. There was nobody else putting out any content. So hopefully our old content is better retread than other people.
Speaker 1: I don't think people go back and listen to our old content. I think they just you're dead wrong. You are dead wrong because you want I do to McAfee. If it's fantasy football, seasm, you go back and listen old. Yeah, wouldn't you want to listen to new if it's fantasy football? Yeah? That really didn't work. I thought that was going to do better. I didn't even make the playoffs. Yeah, if you're getting the information on guys from two years ago, doesn't really hold up to what it is now. But I will go listen to funny episodes.
Speaker 2: I will go back to a certain date that I remember I laughed my butt off, and I'll go back to that.
Speaker 1: So I think you're dead wrong. I would. I would say ninety nine percent of our listeners none of them have gone back and listened to an episode over once. Have you ever gone back to an old fling? Not recently? No ray, not in the last Hell would I admit to what year did I get married? Not in the last eleven years? Has it been eleven years? Make sure that timeline's good. I'm like, oh, what year was ye? I think I got married in fifteen.
Speaker 2: It is funny you always joke about timelines, and what we've learned with forensics in the first forty eight is timelines are so critical because it's like, especially with marriages and affairs, because it's like, how long y'all been togay, Oh we've been together a year? When did y'all break up?
Speaker 1: Oh we broke up like nine months ago? What? Those timelines don't match.
Speaker 2: So that's why it's always huge with affairs and crimes and so who was the last person to see Nancy at what time? And when did that camera record that? Timelines that's why we always set up a timeline, have to they're huge.
Speaker 1: It's such a big issue.
Speaker 2: That's because when you said I was Thursday, the golf ball was in the pisser, that's your timeline, and then Friday you were sick. It wouldn't have matched up with your story. That's why I was good. The timeline flowed.
Speaker 1: No, No, Thursday was when the cable guy right showed up and you were you were puffy faced or you were piss hand. No, no, piss hand was the last weekend. We just didn't have enough time for it. On that Wednesday, pot. Okay, so we had to set up a whole week and a half time. Oh gosh, I mean, I'm sure there's other stories that I forgot that i'd written down, that you probably had that you want to talk about last week and memorize.
Speaker 2: This one thing. Vanderbilt is gonna start giving out marshmallows. But it's like a kid's toy. That's a marshmallow.
Speaker 1: Great, they'll probably charge you for it. Well, I was gonna tell you, oh my god, I can't wait. That's another game you need to go to. Nope, not going to the games now. I'm getting bombarded with advertisements. Spend your Saturday inside with Vandy basketball. I just saw one for Georgia. They played Georgia on the twentieth. Yeah, no, thank you. I'm good. Not gonna be there. I would say, since we're talking basketball teams that could win it, Michigan, that's it. Michigan. Arizona is apparently these kids from overseas. I've just watched them for the first time. They lost, and the Kansas they all seem.
Speaker 2: Like they're they played overseas for a little bit and then came over here. So I'd say Arizona not that they're bad. They're just they just don't look like they're as athletic.
Speaker 1: Michigan.
Speaker 2: There's Michigan these college kids, so it's Michigan, Arizona'll throw them in Michigan State and Kansas.
Speaker 1: Kansas can't win nothing. There's four with the Peterson kid, they can't win it all. So there's four teams that can win at all. At Duke, Well, they got the Boozer kid. That's Woody Award winner or whatever. But other than that, it's your four teams. Man, it just feels good to be able to put basketball back on. Like I watched a little bit this weekend and it was just like, man, this is so weird to have TV.
Speaker 2: Well, and this was People always say, I know we only talk lifestyle, no sports, but I want to say this. After the fourth of July it's notorious. It's like the one day of the year there's no sports or something. February is pretty damn close because NBA does the All Star Break, NHL is playing in the Olympics, so let's just consider that on break. Tennis doesn't have anything to the French Open. Golf is on a break until the Masters are playing other stuff, So right, now this dead period because we're waiting until March madness, We're waiting until baseball, no football.
Speaker 1: This is almost as bad as Fourth of July. And Bezer was.
Speaker 2: Why are you so bored? What do you mean you want to watch a movie? Ain't nothing on TV?
Speaker 1: Statistically, there's not. I'm factually correct. Yeah, I have no idea, man, I I couldn't tell you. I don't know what happened in the All Star Game, no idea. I didn't see a highlight nothing, no idea, no clue. They had the three point shot? Who won? Watch any of it?
Speaker 2: Don't know it was bad memories because actually that's when I was It was uncovered my gambling addiction a year ago to the day.
Speaker 1: The only thing I did see was mac McClung didn't do the dunk contest because other participants said they wouldn't do it. He was in it, so he just put on Twitter. He put videos up and said these were the dunks I was gonna do. They were nasty. They were so nasty. What was he making a political stance? Bad bunny or whatever you No, other players in the NBA wouldn't go to the dunk contest because they thought they would lose if he was in it, so he said, I won't go. He did one where he jumped up toe tapped the ball with his toes and then backwards dunk. I was like, dum one of the dunks doesn't get enough credit.
Speaker 2: Maybe ten years ago guy jumped up, blew out the candle with the cupcake and dunked it. Never even got a perfect score because he made it so the ball didn't put out the cupcake candle and him putting his arms up into it.
Speaker 1: It was literally him blowing the candle out, is what did it? That's pretty impressed. Ray. He should have hate the cupcake. I'll think it would be cool to dunk a basketball. That probably has to be one of the best feelings in the world.
Speaker 2: Not a lot of people can. My dad six' seven and what he can't? DUNK i think he said because his hands were. Smaller he said he couldn't grip the. Ball he could touch the, rim but he. Couldn't you can't dunk with two, hands it's, harder and he said with one hand he couldn't. Dunk i'm like And, boomer he's like six,' FOUR and i, Was, LIKE boomer i can pertneer touch the net that's right below.
Speaker 1: The rim tell me you. Can't dunk he's got. No hops That's what. I'm, SAYING dude I know miguel. Can't dunk he can't even. Touch net there's. No way What? About uh What about colby the? Truck driver he might be able? To dunk What? About cappy don't think he? Can? Dunk man don't think he? Can? Dunk man, That's rue capy.
Speaker 2: Goes man you guys don't do enough for the. DISABLED community i, was, like well what do you want us? To do put wheelchair ramps out front? Of?
Speaker 1: Businesses well do you mean we carried you All around nashville for five years and dropped you on?
Speaker 2: Your HEAD and i did learn there's some back alleys to some of, those bars some of those places we Went. With, cappy yeah they hadn't had any foot traffic since the. Place opened it.
Speaker 1: Was dust they're, moving. Chords wires we were in the guts of five of the ten. BARS downtown i. Love, It, man hey this spot may have, sucked today but we. Are back we're. Going home we had to knock the. Rust off have A, great, wednesday guys and guys, not honestly it's. Not satire we're. Not mad i'm, not anyways it's.
Speaker 2: Serious business Let's get nancy found baser cracks me up every time she gets On her instagram In her southern accent and she goes just like it's her. Own parent, she, goes Y'all? Where's, nancy no.
Speaker 1: REALLY worry i mean we should really cover. That more Maybe on friday we'll. Dissect IT but i have, no idea. No idea no idea is that when when DOES the nba? Come back? YOU know I mean i believe it would probably be, this week not taking multiple. Weeks, off no it's got to be, like, today, RIGHT yeah i mean, it's. BACK dude I mean. PATRICK'S birthday i mean we can't HAVE. No, nba, yeah no it's Not. Today olympics we're getting killed in the. Medal count, well yeah, it's, winner dude we're not supposed to. Win, it yeah we don't have, any winner. Not. REALLY yeah i don't SEE any, nba today, all? Right man yeah you see the. Dows down Oh that's i'm sad. About that. That's sad